PDA

View Full Version : Favorites What's your favorite Soul Slayer / Zanpakutou ?

Gold Knight
January 24, 2006, 10:53 PM
Or Soul Cutter, however you prefer to say it. :amuse

I think mine has to be Genryuusai's Ryuujin Jakka. Nothing like a sword on fire to heat things up!

lexiefaye
January 24, 2006, 11:56 PM
1. Senbon Zakura (Byakuya)
2. Suzumebachi (Soi Fong)
3. Hyourinmaru (Hitsugaya)
4. Zangetsu (Ichigo)
5. Suzumushi (Tousen)
6. Zabimaru (Renji)
7. I forgot the name (Rukia)

Meijin no Kori
January 25, 2006, 12:04 AM
So, for Shikai's...
1. Hitsugaya's 2. Rukia's
3. Byakuya's

Dragonzair
January 26, 2006, 10:13 AM
XD

Rukia's
Ichigo's
Shunsui's and Ukitake's
Urahara's

Leen
January 31, 2006, 12:11 PM
Htisugaya's Hyourinmaru

Byakuya's senbozakura

Shunsui and Ukitake (forget the long names.)

Gold Knight
February 03, 2006, 02:10 AM
Ukitake: Sougyo no Kotowari

Shunsui: Katen Kyoukotsu

Hermie
February 04, 2006, 03:13 PM
Hiyourinmaru (Hitsugaya).

Yay dragons. :D

Miso
February 11, 2006, 08:50 AM
Rukia's.
Because it's so beautiful and it really rocked when she used it against the vaizard.
(One of my fav scenes because in this one she was really tough!)

if MnK and DZ used spoilers for it, why don't you do so too ;) - K

zeldamaster
February 14, 2006, 01:30 AM
Hanakaze midarete
Kashin naki

Tenpuu midarete
Tenma warau

Katen Kyoukutsu (Shunsui)

Mr. Prince
February 14, 2006, 04:46 PM
benihime of course^^
hope to see its bankai soon...

URAHARA FANSSSS!!!!! :glomp //DZ

jabbament
February 18, 2006, 01:12 AM
Benihime for sure. In its released form its just too pretty. It is by far my favorite Zanpaktou.

Ukitake's Sougyo no Kotowari and Kyouraku's Katen Kyoukotsu are nice since they're the only twin Zanpaktou's. I'd love to see them in action...too bad they can't make filler episodes showing real fights (like Yama-jii vs. Juushiro and Shunsui)  instead of with adding random crap onto the story.

URAHARA FANSSSS!!!!! :glomp //DZ

Sorry. Can't help it. Both your avy and sigs are too awesome for me to be quiet.

imported_m_c
March 15, 2006, 07:42 PM
Shunsui's Katen Kyoukotsu
the sword design just freaks me, and theres TWO of them, and we don't know their ability

Urahara's Benihime
it looks good, and you have to admit: urahara is simply awesome. gotta love the hat.

Rukia's Sodeno Shirayuki
we've been waiting for so long for this, and it definitely surpassed expectations.
(sorry about not using spoiler, dont know how. but by now EVERYone should know)
and of course
Ichigo's Zangetsu
can't wait to see what white zangetsu does!

abdulahi
March 20, 2006, 02:03 AM
i like Zaraki Kenpachi soul slayer, and as we know so far it hasnt got a name. i just love the roughness of it plus i think it matches Kenpachi personality very well.

but to pick one with a name it has to ex Captain Tousen's Suzumushi (Pure Insects)

i love ichigo's  Zangetsu but i prefer it in its bankai look

Rampages
March 21, 2006, 12:10 AM
Ichigo's and Gin's! They might not be the strongest, but they're so cool ^^

Galth
March 21, 2006, 06:33 AM
Ichigo's and Aizen's for their looks

Gin's for his power ( though we have only seen the ShiKai beam thingie )

Orochimaru-chan
March 27, 2006, 03:10 PM
Byakuya - Senbon Zakura

Sakura petals cutting people up beautifully. ^^

graphic_content
September 20, 2006, 02:41 AM
Benihime - simply because, I get this feeling that we have yet to see ALL its really capable of - Urahara countered a 'Cero' with her; we've yet to see anyone do that besides Ichigo (who we already know is badass, but still)

but if I had to pick a Soul-slayer that I'd want to see in action more than Benihime - if would definetly have to be:

Isshin's - he didnt even 'release' to kill Grandfisher - imagine the damage he could do if he did :grin

Hyuuga Hanabi
September 20, 2006, 04:20 AM
Rukia's is my favorite Shinigami one.
Luppi for Arankaru so far.

I'm expecting good things to come from Ulquiorra's though. It's his sad face that gets me :(

The Boff
September 20, 2006, 07:35 AM
Zangetsu - I like big swords. and then when it is in its greatest form its just a katana... beautiful.

Kenpachis - its just so friggin cool that he fights with a totally broken weapon. ive always imagined that if he learns the name of his zanpakutou the only difference is that it would become sharp.... kickass.

Benihime - its a canesword, A CANESWORD!!!!! awesome. and i want to see the bankai!

Xenos
September 20, 2006, 07:39 AM
Kenpachis-No Name. Its A Dia Katana. It F**king awsome! Even if you dont die from the wounds youll die from Tetnus!!!

SmiloN
September 20, 2006, 09:36 AM
Zangetsu and Benihime :D

bax
September 20, 2006, 11:33 AM
Hiyourinmaru (Hitsugaya).
Yay dragons. :D

What he said...
Mine will be absolutely Hyorinmaru. Did you guys see the Bleach Jump Fiesta 2005? It's Hyourinmaru in Bankai (Grand Blazing Hyourinmaru). Of course you've seen it in the manga, but it's way cooler when animated.

iThePirate
September 20, 2006, 04:07 PM
In order:

Senbon Zakura
Shinsou
Hyourinmaru
Kyouka Suigetsu

alekosss_kenpachi
September 20, 2006, 06:20 PM
Of course as my photo indicates...OKIRO BENIHIME...and then the pervert's Kyoraku shunsui Hanakaze midarete
Kashin naki

Tenpuu midarete
Tenma warau
(borrowed the shikai release from someone else who had it written)

mugen
September 21, 2006, 06:08 PM
I'd have to say ZANGETSU he's the coolest. You should've made a poll though

neild
November 18, 2006, 04:25 PM
ichigo's!!

juUnior
December 28, 2006, 05:52 PM
Senbonzakura - the most beatiful way of fighting which i saw in Bleach using that zanpak xD I love normal sword, shikai which is one way powerful and bankai, which is waaay more upgraded version of shikai, and techniques which were shown to us. Byakuya with that zanpakutou rocks xDxD

Zabimaru - I really like the shikai. Its wonderful when Renji uses it like snakes xD But bankai its not some which i like :x

Zangetsu - shikai we all know and like, so i will not tell anything about is, but in bankai version is one way cool, one because its small like normal zanpak, and two, that he can give a superb speed to the user. Really like that.

defaultizzle
December 29, 2006, 10:29 AM
Nobody said wabisuke? But it's got the most practical power of them all!!!!

<3 wabisuke

kazekage_shinagami
December 29, 2006, 10:45 AM
So far....

(1) The 1st Squad Taichou's (I can never remember its name and I'm too lazy to check)
(2) Zangetsu (freaking dah)
(3) Ikkaku's

Silhouette
December 29, 2006, 06:41 PM
All the cool Zanpaktus have been mentioned already but I believe Ikakku's gained the points to be added to the list, after all Ikkaku's Zanpaktu was capable of slicing a two digit Arrancar without lifting the limit

defaultizzle
December 29, 2006, 09:40 PM
^But Ikkaku didn't have a limit to begin with. Only vice captains and captains impose limits on themselves when they go into the real world. Furthermore, Ikkaku was mentioned as the "second strongest man/person in the 11th Division". So he's probably as strong as Renji

mugen
December 29, 2006, 09:48 PM
^But Ikkaku didn't have a limit to begin with. Only vice captains and captains impose limits on themselves when they go into the real world. Furthermore, Ikkaku was mentioned as the "second strongest man/person in the 11th Division". So he's probably as strong as Renji

Yeah Ikkaku is strong :noworry
He taught Renji how to achieve Bankai after all :noworry

Silhouette
December 30, 2006, 12:12 AM

True, "the second strongest" part made me forget about Yachiru

Aladar
December 31, 2006, 01:10 PM
Urahara's Benihime
Hitsugaya's Hyourinmaru
Renji's Zabimaru

Koen
January 06, 2007, 06:57 AM
I prefer the zanpaktou of aizen, ichigo and gin - and zaraki

gigantor21
January 06, 2007, 09:52 AM
My favorites are:

Aizen's, because it doesn't even need a Bankai at this point.

Ichigo's, because of Zangetsu's avatar.

Urahara's because it's so multifaceted and I love the design.

And Byakuya's, just beacuse.

5enbonzakur4
February 09, 2007, 05:02 PM
As my name implies, i like Kuchiki Byakuya's senbon zakura...
but i alos like urahara's benhime and gin's shinsou...

delapaz13
February 10, 2007, 02:15 AM
aizen souske's Kyouka suigetsu (mirrorwater,flower,moon)=complete hypnotism looks ordinary but deadly

kiddo7
February 10, 2007, 02:51 PM
For me, Hyourinmaru, definitely and without a doubt.

onislasher99
February 13, 2007, 09:11 PM
mine would be...

uruhara's Benihime

and

ichigo's zangetsu

Eklipze
February 16, 2007, 12:21 AM
Benihime for sure. In its released form its just too pretty. It is by far my favorite Zanpaktou.

Wait, what chapter did Urahara release it in, I don't recall seeing it.

Back on topic, my favorite would be Benihime for sure although I haven't seen much of it's powers, Urahara is just tooo cool =].
Next would come Byakuya's Senbonzakura and Rukia's sword. =] their shikais are cool and strong.

juUnior
February 16, 2007, 06:39 AM
Wait, what chapter did Urahara release it in, I don't recall seeing it.

When he was training with Ichigo if i remember correctly. It was the first and only time when we saw how he realsesed zanpakutou ^^

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 16, 2007, 08:09 AM
My favorite would be Shinsou. It's might be subjective, but how can you not like a shikai that can pushed Ichigo away from entering the gate. :D

War
February 16, 2007, 08:55 AM
Hitsugaya's Hyōrinmaru

<i>I just love the element ice</i>

--

Byakuya's Senbonzakura

<i>I like the forms his zanpakuto can take. :)</i>

--

& 3rdly,

Renji's Zabimaru

<i>I like the cool snake-like form ^^</i>

Fluff
February 20, 2007, 08:53 AM
hyourinmaru and haineko
the ice element is cool ( :tem ) and i like haineko more then senbonzakura... it's just way cooler for me :) even if it doesn't have bankai
:hitsun :bkitty (supposed to be haineko :amuse )

kiddo7
February 20, 2007, 06:31 PM
Haineko is pretty cool I have to give you that.

poopoomaru
February 20, 2007, 11:02 PM
Personally I kinda want to slap Byakuya, senbonzakura when it is in its thousand floating swords form could be so powerful ( In bleach heat of the battle 3 you can use it in a cool way and make Bankai byakuya like one of the most cheater characters of the game)

beyond that I guess Zangetsu is the best for me

kulong
February 20, 2007, 11:10 PM
my favorite has to be byakuya-sama so leet and he train hard enough to earn his strength if he was a real person haha

fireburst
February 20, 2007, 11:19 PM
ikkaku's ryuumon houzukimaru. incredibly awesome to see him standing there covered in blood brandishing the shiny blades! :D

Kazuho
September 16, 2007, 03:08 PM
first off id like to say that Aizen's Kyoku Suigetsu is the cheapest thing ive ever seen in my life...

favorites!!!
1. Benihime (Urahara-san)
2. Wabisuke (Kira)
3. Sogyo no Kotowari (Ukitake)
4. Senbonzakura (Byakuya)
5. Mirokumaru (Senna)
6. Nijigasumi (Ichinose - i know he's only a anime filler character but he's awesome anyways...)

Outlawz
September 16, 2007, 04:13 PM
Fornicarus
Shinsou
Wabisuke
Nejibana
Ashisogi Jizo
Pantera
Sōgyo no Kotowari
Katen Kyōkotsu

Exodi
September 16, 2007, 06:24 PM
These are mine. They're my faves mostly because of how they look or how cool their names and commands sound.

1. Tensa Zangetsu
2. Sode no Shirayuki (um....the coolest attacks EVER. And the coolest commands. Plus, Rukia is win. No matter what anyone says.)
3. Senbonzakura
4. Hyourinmaru
5. Ashisogi Jizou
6. Sogyo no Kotowari (awesome name. I wanna see it in action.)

ShinobiWrath
September 17, 2007, 03:08 AM
SAMEHADA! Oh wait wrong manga. I think Zabimaru's cool. Sode no shirayuki is the best of all thought imo.

Pollux
September 17, 2007, 04:15 AM
My favorite are :
1 - Wabisuke
2 - Kaien's one
3 - Hyourinmaru

dandy65
September 17, 2007, 10:05 AM
Soi Fon's butterfly thingy. 1 Hit Ko! :D

Uruhara's Benihime. Pretty red lazer :|

Byakuya's Senbonzakura. Pretty flower petals...

Best of all :

Noitora's weird-looking Zanpaktou! :D

Kazuho
September 17, 2007, 01:29 PM
actually, if my memory serves me right, i think Suzumebachi is a 2 hit KO haha which is still awesome...

ibblows
September 25, 2007, 11:05 AM
the one that doubles weight is so ridiculously overpowered.

Imagine if he fought someone for a minute and crossed swords with him 20 times that 2^20 times the original weight.

If someone's sword weighed 20 lbs to start it would be 20971520 lbs after that...

thats over 10000 TONS

variety927
September 25, 2007, 02:08 PM
Komamuras Bankai is the WIN. Ehh shikai though? Im going with Zangetsu..Its soo huge!

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 03:09 PM
If Komamura's did more, then I'd say yes, absolutly, one of my favs, but, he didn't do all that much with it, so no.

Oh, and throwing it out there, I think Mayuri's sounds the coolest.

shinigami_girl_666
September 25, 2007, 04:31 PM
As an actual sword:
- Senbonzakura (Byakuya)
- Kyouku Suigetsu (Aizen)
- Shinsou (Gin)
- Zabimaru (Renji)
- Suzumebachi (Soi Fon, though i really don't like her)
- Benihime (Urahara)
- Uryu's bow, if that counts. Not really, i know.

As a spirit, Zangetsu. Hands down. He introduced Shirosaki. I will worship him forever.

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 04:43 PM
Throwing it out there, the only other spirit was Renji's which appeared briefly as a monkey with a snake tail, or something like that.

radical3113
September 26, 2007, 04:28 AM
soi fongs is the most scariest IT ONLY NEEDS TO HIT U TWICE and your DEAD

after that its senbonzakura kageyoshi no blind spot or weak spot attack and defence all at the same time dosent get much better tat that.

sode no shirayukia (rukia) is crap as an ice zanpaktou hyorinmaru (toshirou) would eat it alive

benihime is bound to be good but its too hidden away so we dont know

renji's zabimaru is badd but i dont think he uses it well at allllll.

ichigo cant use zangetsu so i didnt use to like it that much but hollow ichigo is a god with zangetsu ( restoring my faith)

i think wabisuke is stronger than most zanpaktous but for some reason kira is a side character (dont get it .....why?)

i think yumichka's looks the best.

ikkaku's zampaktou is like kepachi'( if kenpachi knew his zanpaktou's name) because it's main power is MORE power how great is that.

the zanpaktou i would like to see at full power more than anything is ...........(drumroll pls)................................................:D kurosaki isshin :D

Outlawz
September 26, 2007, 06:35 AM
I can't believe i forgot Hoozikimaru, and Suzembecha.

Richo
September 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
Mayuri Kurotsuchi: Ashisogi Jizō

Kazuho
September 26, 2007, 12:47 PM
Ashizogi jizo would be cool if it wasnt so damn ugly....

Windmillblade
September 26, 2007, 01:20 PM
Defenetly hyourinmaru the strongest ice type soul slayer. It burst with ice and energy and every dragon strike is followed by a furious roar.

Outlawz
September 26, 2007, 03:22 PM
Ashizogi jizo would be cool if it wasnt so damn ugly....

Right, because every zanpaktou needs to shoot out pretty pink flowers and beautiful moon beams, right?

Pollux
September 26, 2007, 04:04 PM
Right, because every zanpaktou needs to shoot out pretty pink flowers and beautiful moon beams, right?
No, they can also be large spiked ball like Gegetsuburi (2nd Squad VC) :D I'm surprised to see that it's no one's favorite.

i think wabisuke is stronger than most zanpaktous but for some reason kira is a side character (dont get it .....why?)
Yes, why ? It's a really good question. Perhaps we should present a petition to give Kira a more important role (and bankai... just look at his shikai and now imagine how powerful his bankai would be). I mean, since Arrancars' releases change their bodies then Kira's zanpakuto would be extremely useful, not like against Matsumoto.

KyleUchiha
September 28, 2007, 07:57 PM
Although we didn't really get to see the extent of it's capabilites, and it's bankai form, but this my favorite.

Ryujin Jakka, General Yamamoto's Zanpakuto. Mostly because of the fire, but I think it was said to be the oldest and most powerful flame-based Zanpakuto.

And I like the name, and it has such a cool initial release command.万象一切灰燼と為せ, banshō issai kaijin to nase, Viz: "all things of this world, turn to ashes"). and one translation I believe was "disintegrate all existence" or something. Still cool though.

Edit:100th post!, yes!

Kazuho
September 29, 2007, 01:34 AM

well it doesnt have to look like a fat, big-headed, zombie baby oozing purple gas out of its mouth either...but i guess the zanpakutou would reflect its wielder, correct? oh thats right...Mayuri's the weakest, ugliest, prick that could be on that show soooo i guess it fits...