PDA

View Full Version : Political Map of the New World

paradoxe
August 06, 2008, 02:04 AM
So whilst browsing through the forums and generally being bored (typhoon 8 no going out :(), I stumbled onto something which I thought was worth showing to you guys. It is a short essay about the geopolitical nature of the New World, and is a theory someone from Naruto Fanforums cooked up. Very interesting read. I wasn't sure whether or not I should copy and paste it as it wasn't my theory, although I mostly agree with it.

Heres the link:
http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=405548

Any comments?

Onomatopoeia
August 06, 2008, 02:28 AM
Not bad in my opinion. He put what most of us are thinking into pretty clear words and introduced some good guesses that could come true. But that wasn't what I was most impressed with, what really got me was farther down the thread someone called Daikatana made an excelent analogy between America and the New World that might very well prove to be an perfect place to draw information from.

Stop
August 06, 2008, 02:43 AM
Damn thats dark/awesome

Trafalgar Law
August 06, 2008, 09:25 AM
This was a surpisingly good theory, although I think there's more "neutral" islands,
that the Yonkou either aren't interested in or are fighting over.

Akainu
August 06, 2008, 09:39 AM
except that that map totally ignores the concept of the different magnetic fields that run aside it's a theory we can base some thoughts on:amuse

Yans86
August 06, 2008, 01:08 PM
Nice but..........no no no!!!
Come one,Pirate acting like politician???I'd like to see shanks like this...and sorry but in all this,where is the public enemy number one????Mister MOnkey D.Dragon,the only one who attack WG,the only one who is fighting freeing countries all around the world?We have saw him a couple of time in the first half,but we know that his big role will be in the second half,so where do u put him???I do't think that the Younkou cooperate with him,so....

Raysen_ht
August 06, 2008, 01:29 PM
I liked it a lot!! It may as well be right! And that thing about

"Little Garden ---> Dinosaur ages
Drum Island ----> Ice Age
Alabasta ----> Egypt
Water 7/ EL ----> Venice
Florian Triangle ---> Bermuda Triangle"

Makes a LOT of sence!! The America┬┤s colonisation is also a good reference

except that that map totally ignores the concept of the different magnetic fields that run aside
I believe that the magnetic fields dont work on the NW... Otherwhise, Raftel would have been reached by now... there must be some other *more difficult* way to navigate through it

Akainu
August 06, 2008, 02:18 PM
http://de.opwiki.org/images/Magnetstr%C3%B6me2.jpg
magnet to the end, I'll try and find it in manga, but it's pretty much the same as far as I remember.
also the theory of ages makes little to no sense for me. little garden wasn't the first island, drum being "ice age" seems ridiculous to have the best doctors and last but not least the huge gap between venice and egypt makes no sense to me.

Raysen_ht
August 06, 2008, 04:32 PM
that was on the anime right?
Something doesnt make sence to me... on every route on the picture, they show at least 14 islands... but the SH have only been to 8!! how is that possible?? Also, How do you get to the islands that arent connected to anything?

About the ages thing..
I dont think its supposed to make a lot of sence... its just an observation, something that might be in the back of Odas mind... the Ice age for exemple... its just a winter island!! But Oda likes to make connections, and they might be right... so there is a possibility that the NW is like the "new world" of our world (the America of the great navigations time...)

JC123
August 06, 2008, 05:16 PM
The log pose orients on different islands. So that means while you may be pulled to one, there is another potential island that you could visit if you know where it is.

bittman
August 06, 2008, 06:37 PM
It should also be noted that the Strawhat's have deviated twice:
* Alabasta was not 'on the way' but a specific destination. Drum was also not something they log pose'd.
* Jaya was also not a log-pose stop, but in a way essential for sky island.

goldb
August 06, 2008, 06:41 PM
I really liked this theory, especially the part about the islands reffering to actual countries and ages...I always thought Alabasta reminded me of Egypt

kkck
August 06, 2008, 08:34 PM
I really dont see the yonkou fighting over islands. They are pirates, even if they have influence freedom is important. I think what they meant by saying they were emperors is that they did as they pleased and no one could do anything about it because of the power they have.

Darek Khort
August 07, 2008, 01:51 AM
This is quite interesting.
I've always wondered why the Yonkou, as powerful as they are, are unable to find Raftal. Perhaps...and this is purely speculation....Raftal is on the other side of "the end of the world". Wouldn't that be interesting?

descendant
August 07, 2008, 03:03 AM
the map is interesting and so is the idea on territory is related to the yonkou's power
i wonder if raftel is a mysterious island like sky island where u can't use normal route to get there. that should explain why the yonkou are unable to find it

Trafalgar Law
August 07, 2008, 06:36 PM
Of course Raftel is mysterious.. what if they got to end of the New World and
asked where Raftel was and some guys just said: "Oh, it's over there, just take
the boat, it will take 5 minutes" And baam! Journey over. Nah it will definetally not
be easy to get to that island.

Superman
August 08, 2008, 03:22 PM
Maybe strawhats need robin for raftel.
Maybe the oharas and the gol d. crew are the only ones who know how to get on or in.
Maybe it is under the earth and they have to find a way.
Maybe the weather just brutally sucks.:p

A swimming island like Morias huh.:amuse
It could land anyone right to the entry door so your funny idea sucks:XD

Luckas
August 08, 2008, 03:51 PM
Guys, if you aren't anymore interested in this thread I can close it :oh

Deathgod75
August 10, 2008, 07:37 PM
the map is interesting and so is the idea on territory is related to the yonkou's power
i wonder if raftel is a mysterious island like sky island where u can't use normal route to get there. that should explain why the yonkou are unable to find it

but that would mean that raftel isnt on the New World... unless its like oceans away from Sky island. i rooting for the island being over the end of the world

mr.danly
August 11, 2008, 04:13 PM
I doubt that Raftel is a mysterious "sky island." Skypeia happened a while ago. I think the magnetic fields don't apply to Raftel... WB's been on the grand line for a VERY long time now and he still hasn't found it. He fought with Gol D. Roger many times, which means that they were basically at similar points in the New World. The poneglyphs having a role in the way to Raftel is much more sensible... Raleigh said that they discovered the entire history of the lost years, and since they weren't intentionally seeking that truth, it also seems quite possible that since the poneglyphs (under my assumption) have a part in finding Raftel, they searched for all the poneglyphs, or at least the one directing them to Raftel, and in doing so they discovered the history.

JC123
August 11, 2008, 05:50 PM
So if Crocus translated and found the history...

And Robin has to find all of them...

How the heck is she going to find the ones on different islands far off the way? There's only so many that she could find.

bittman
August 11, 2008, 07:07 PM
@JC123: She has already at least read/found 3, possibly 4 if Ohara had one (forgot) and perhaps even more. She is 28 years old and has traveled the world at length, so it could be more. That said, she doesn't need to find all. Just those pertaining to the "true history". For closing, Oda might reveal the locations of every single poleglyph found by herself or others, but that's another 500 chapters away.

JC123
August 11, 2008, 09:10 PM
Crocus did the same thing and he came to the wrong conclusion.

She has traveled the world, but she wasn't particularly looking for poneglyphs until she met up with Crocodile.

My main question is, if one of the poneglyphs is set off the main path, how will she know to read it if Crocus may have done the same thing?

bittman
August 11, 2008, 10:08 PM
Crocus did the same thing and he came to the wrong conclusion.

She has traveled the world, but she wasn't particularly looking for poneglyphs until she met up with Crocodile.

My main question is, if one of the poneglyphs is set off the main path, how will she know to read it if Crocus may have done the same thing?

1) Crocus was a doctor, not a historian. Do you have the right person?
2) In her CP9 flashback, she finds a poleglyph between 8 and 16 here: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/398/07/ .
3) Crocodile was just a part of her journey to find poneglyphs where she assumed a giant, well-protected country where a poleglyph resides must have a true history tablet.

As for the poneglyph's, it's never said she needs to read them all. In fact, she seems to have disregarded the text of the one in Alabasta and entirely other than the word of the weapon. I assume anything of importance will come up by a strike of fate, that is how the Strawhats work.

JC123
August 12, 2008, 04:45 PM
Clover... (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/392/02/)

I did get the wrong person. But from what Rayleigh said, (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/07/) it seemed as if he was on the trip. I have to think that's changed or one of the Ohara scholars may have come.

Dr. Vegapunk
August 12, 2008, 06:04 PM
The only people I know would know of the location of Raftel is Gold Rogers crews. Why hasn't shanks gone to raftel yet is beyond me, perhaps he feels he must get back at Blackbeard and Whitebeard or maybe its because he doesnt feel an obligation to become Pirate King and take revenge on the WG for sentencing Roger and is in secret conjunction with Dragon, who knows. All I know is that there are going to be some big surprises in the New World, who knows. We also cant count the other Supernovas out, they may become the future Yonkous and take on a political intrigue such is the theory on the forum.