PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Seiyuus and Voice Actors

Arukan
July 29, 2006, 05:01 PM
What Naruto seiyuu is your favorite? Which character do they voice, and why do you like them so much?

Obviously you can tell my favorite Naruto seiyuu is Nana Mizuki, the lovely lady who lends her voice to the innocent and beautiful Hyuuga Hinata. I like her because she can have such a sweet mellow voice, that perfectly matches Hinata's personality, but when it comes to battle she can make Hinata sound out for blood. Its almost incrdible how flexible she can be with that one almost fragile sounding voice.

destinator
July 29, 2006, 05:14 PM
seiyuu = voice actor ?

If that should be right I like the one who is doing Orichimaru. Such a inredible voice...I love it!

Arukan
July 29, 2006, 05:18 PM
seiyuu = voice actor ?

If that should be right I like the one who is doing Orichimaru. Such a inredible voice...I love it!

Yup it means VA, I just thought some people would prefer the more "wappanese" term >.>

Oro's voice is pretty damn awesome, It fits his character to a "T".

kyubisharingan
July 29, 2006, 05:21 PM
My fav Seiyuu is Shotaro Morikubo, the lazy voice of SHIKAMARU

destinator
July 29, 2006, 05:54 PM
Yup it means VA, I just thought some people would prefer the more "wappanese" term >.>

Oro's voice is pretty damn awesome, It fits his character to a "T".

Yeah Oro is just perfect for me because I really like his appereance, his music theme in the anime is just awesome and his voices contributes to that all perfectly! Thats probably why hes my favourite...and yeah Shikamarus is nice too....I have to admit I mostly like all of the voices...they somehow really fit even its maybe just because I am used to them ^^

DarkManSharingan32
July 29, 2006, 06:16 PM
Akira Ishida as Gaara...
That voice is just so cold, dead.. lifeless...

It fit his character perfectly, and because it's so distinctive... it's one of the first voices that made me decided if i was gonna watch the DUB or not...lol

newyorkchick
July 29, 2006, 06:30 PM
i love neji's,gaara's,and sasuke's voice actors. there voices are so dark,mean,and COOL when they speak for them.

kadoman
July 30, 2006, 03:13 AM
Moved thread from Toshokan to Theatre - K

kunai-knight
August 10, 2006, 05:47 PM
Couldnt even contribute to the thread huh kadoman? tsk tsk

Fave...hmmm Oro would be my first pic. Hinata as well. Also kakashi...i think his voice suits him pretty well

Rampages
August 10, 2006, 06:39 PM
The actor for Orochimaru does such an amazing job...Itachi's voice is pretty good as well. Sakura's voice is very nice too. I thought Kakashi's voice was average...until I heard the dubbed version - which was horrible. Japanese people really are good voice actors.

Egoboo
August 16, 2006, 01:26 PM
Oro-chan and Hinata for me, these two simply have amazing seiyuus. Oro´s nasty, sneaky voice suits his (its?) personality perfect, and for my opinion on Hinata´s VA just read Arukan´s post again.

Vegitto
August 16, 2006, 01:46 PM
Oro-chan. Ha! :p

I like Orochimaru's and Itachi's voice. Naruto's is obnoxious (just like him :p) and Sasuke's sounds too mature. Too old..

Meh.

graphic_content
September 05, 2006, 04:07 AM
I agree - I dont very much like the dub - but after giving it a few 'second-chances'...I think that Orochimaru's though somewhat strange, matches the character PERFECTLY.

-----> I also think the voices they use for Lee/Guy really compliment each other, as they should. and Neji's though a bit higher in tone than I expected - still pulls it off really well.

juUnior
April 07, 2007, 12:20 PM
I will revive a little this topic ;p

My favourite seiyu from Naruto is defiently seiyu of Kakashi :D His glorious in all sintuations :D
Next is of kors seiyuu of Gaara, the next awesome voice from Akira Ishida :D
Shikamarus also good.
For females, it is Hinata's seiyuu and Temari xD

Seraphimon-TK
April 09, 2007, 09:27 AM
Orochimaru's voice is awesome^^ i was like o_O when i find out that Orochimaru's VA is woman!!! How can talk with that voice,i dont know^^ Naruto's voice is ok,it makes me laugh some times... Shikamaru's voice is nice too! I love Kurenai's and Hinatas voice. Also i like the voices of Sasuke,Gaara,Kabuto etc i cant remember other voices :D

ibra87
April 09, 2007, 10:49 AM
Orochimaru's and Deidara's. Orochimaru wouldn't be half as creepy to me if it wasn't for his weird voice. Deidara's is just as annoying as it should be. And let's not forget Jiraiya's, probably because both the voice actor and the character are old.

And I still look forward to Yondaime's. Let's hope it's great.

Avalonblitz
April 30, 2007, 07:37 AM
The voice for Itachi and the voice for Tsuchi Kin (the female sound ninja)

artking
April 30, 2007, 09:44 AM
Orochimaru's voice by far for me... Also Jiraiya's. Perfectly matches his serious or perverted face of him. And I agree that japanese actors are pretty good in this(giving their voice to a character), but it's probably because they can find a job easier than actually acting... lol

2ndKurono
May 01, 2007, 02:34 AM
Sasukes cause his voice is in alot of animes,and its cool.

Darrenj
May 02, 2007, 11:40 PM
seiyuu = voice actor ?

The same voice is used for fat females thu :/ been in a few girly anime's using the same voice... kinda turns me off

LotusBlade
May 03, 2007, 09:34 PM
Kakashi and Sasuke all the way, so crisp and full of depth . Adds to the character so much.

Mendes
May 04, 2007, 02:57 PM
Orochimaru and Sasori are the ones that impresses me the most, but i also like the voices of Kakashi and Jiraya. They underline the cool status of those characters very well

Zaloof
May 04, 2007, 03:14 PM
i gotta say kyuubi's VA is my fav :p

Mendes
May 04, 2007, 03:17 PM
Kyuubi's one of my favorites too. I forgot to mention the Frog Boss too

coolitman
May 04, 2007, 07:05 PM
I love Naruto's voice in Shippuuden it sounds much deeper and manlier...even though its a woman
and i also love kakashis and think orochimarus is perfect...it scares me slightly(well he does in general) sasukes is good too especially comepared to the dreaeded dub...gawds thats crap...

i feel like im stalking mendes i seem to be under all of his/her (sorry don't know!) posts...

SilveryShadows
May 04, 2007, 09:15 PM
Shika's voice is good. He's got the tone done well.
Sasuke's (but the VA is better as Ishida Uruyuu.)
Kakashi's, Jiraiya's are ok.
I dislike the lack of 'un' in Deidara's speech. ):

woody_green
May 17, 2007, 11:36 PM
Temari! Because Paku Romi is my favorite seiyuu. I also like the voices of Naruto, Gaara, Kakashi and Tsunade.

ciardha1966
May 31, 2007, 12:15 PM
Tsunade's- Masako Katsuki. She sounds absolutely perfect for the character. She's got an incedible acting range too, for example, she was the seiyu for Sailor Neptune in Sailor Moon! I also really like Sakura's- Chie Nakamura. Both seiyu capture the characters much better than the US dub voice actors who play them.

Dhazard
March 10, 2008, 07:45 PM
Orochimaru is my first choice, followed by Temari because her seyuu is just amazing (ok, I am a bit tendentious bc of Hagaren ^^). Kakashi, although I saw his seiyuu's interview on one of the dvd's movie and found him a bit unnatural, I really like his humorous voice - mainly while reading icha icha series hehehe.

brolylss
May 04, 2008, 06:02 PM
my fav is Sakura, Sasori, Sasuki and of course Kyuubi's seiyuu (
pure evil sound)

Kaim
June 22, 2008, 02:09 PM
Mu favorite seiyuus are: Hideo Ishikawa who does the voice of Uchiha Itachi, I think his voice fits the character perfectly.

The other one is Shinichiro Miki whom only appeared in one main episode and a couple of fillers. He is the voice of Mizuki and he also makes the voice of Urahara Kisuke from Bleach.

Hideo Ishikawa Shinichiro Miki

Lelo
June 22, 2008, 02:47 PM
nothing beats Jiraiya and Might Guys voices, they are hilarious even if they dont say a joke. Even in the American Anime they have good, funny voices

nat
June 22, 2008, 06:22 PM
By far Romi Paku, the one who does Temari ^^ ( Nana, Hitsugaya, ecc)

But the rest of the case as extremely perfect as well, esp. Sasuke...

YondaimeYukikage
July 29, 2010, 02:45 PM
The Naruto Wiki has given Minato an English Voice. Does anyone have a clip available of Minato's English voice? I unfortunately don't have any of the episodes, but I've been desperate to find his voice.

By the way, I'm not asking for a full episode, just a clip of his voice actor. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

slmcknett
July 29, 2010, 03:30 PM
It's probably the voice he's going to get in Storm 2. So until the game's released, we won't have any voice clips.

Plus, it's Wikipedia, so you shouldn't trust it.

Asclepius
July 29, 2010, 06:39 PM
o.O
I thought you guys already had Kakashi Gaiden dubbed.

Alterno
July 29, 2010, 08:15 PM
Seriously the best dub after japanese itself, is spanish, english omg sucks.. sorry to say it but english dubs just plain suck. Ok enough bashing, here is a reality the only good english dub that I've found for anime are from actors that did the dub before huge superstars.

Christian bale was decent as howl... in howl's moving castle and few others big actors today, just won't go back to anime dubbing till they get old enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIVBblIMypY

BekasStrife
August 02, 2010, 07:15 PM
According to AnimeNewsNetwork, Minato's english voice for both the anime and the movie is given by the voice actor Tony Oliver (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=7006). He voiced Ulquiorra in Bleach.

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xehQaIw4BBg) - you can listen to him on a interview.

Personally, his voice is like I was hoping for Minato's to be... Deep but not as deep as his japanese voice is. With sort of a gentle side to it. If you get what I mean xD

Smerten
August 05, 2010, 05:54 AM
Well he was voiced in Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 (Accel 3). Maybe you should check him out on youtube.

benelori
August 14, 2010, 11:01 AM
I don't know her name and I'm lazy to search, but Oro's seiyuu IMO can't be equaled by anybody in the anime...that almost sadistic voice and tone, Oro's character is painted brilliantly

CBlitz
August 14, 2010, 11:15 AM
my favorite Naruto voice actor/actress is probably one that does Tenten. Too bad Kishi hates the character and refuses to give her any screentime...

Roflkopt3r
August 20, 2010, 06:04 PM
Actually pretty much all the voice actors are incredibly great but there is one who really captured me.
Hideo Ishikawa as Uchiha Itachi.
It's partially due to Itachi's character, but his voice is just incredibly cool and calm. Two sentences I will never forget:
(Yeah I've no clue of japanese so I'm just gonna write it how it sounds in that weird mix of english and german pronounciation I use for such occasions ;P)
Jurusai Sasuke. - "forgive me, Sasuke."
Ningete, ningete - "Run, Run."
Also, the simple way he says "yes" (I think the one he uses is just "âh." in japanese) with this voice... great.

I also love the voice of Kisame (Tomoyuki Dan) and Deidara (Katsuhiko Kawamoto), they somewhat perfectly suit their characteristics.

Others I like: Every one of them.

scandalous'
August 21, 2010, 09:35 PM
1. pain. My favorite is the one that does Pain. Whenever god realm speaks, you just have to listen. The voice is really powerful, and fits the character perfectly.

2. tobi/madara. The voice actor that did tobi was amazing. Voiced the funny things so awesome. When he switched to the serious madara my jaw dropped.

3. itachi. The voice is just perfect. Cool, calm and cold. Just like the character.

4. jiraiya. Epic when serious, just funny as hell when he's acting like an idiot with naruto.

5. naruto. Was annoying at some points when he was whining, but ever since shippuuden the voice actor has lowered her tone a bit which makes it epic whenever naruto is serious. Especially when he said "First my master, then my sensei, my nakama and my village" in shippuuden episode 155.

6. Kakashi. The guy has a pretty cool voice that fits the character perfectly, but since shippuuden the voice is somewhat changing but it could be just me. In the beginning kakashi had a slight heavier tone to his voice, now it seems a bit lighter.

7. And I just lolled @ hidan, that was just epic.

Roflkopt3r
August 22, 2010, 02:46 AM
1. pain. My favorite is the one that does Pain. Whenever god realm speaks, you just have to listen. The voice is really powerful, and fits the character perfectly.

Oh my god how could I forget him? He defenitly has the coolest voice there is. The voice actor for adult Yahiko (as we've seen him only once when Nagato "kills" him) and Tendou is Ken'yū Horiuchi.
He dubs Senju Tobirama (in old Naruto episodes only it seems), Yahiko and Tendou.

Here is a scene from Sandaime against Orochimaru and his edo tensei, it's not much text but I think it's noticable that Nidaime has the same voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_gc3bREk40

Hunter
September 03, 2010, 10:01 PM
Heh Tony Oliver. What a sad day it is when people don't even remember him for his most famous role. Rick Hunter in Robotech.

benelori
February 21, 2011, 10:15 AM
I don't really like these latest voices in Naruto...I haven't seen the latest episode, but as I heard the voice overs are not so good...my biggest disappointment is Raikage however...I think he got a cold or something-_-;

juUnior
February 21, 2011, 01:28 PM
hmm, I watched the scene with Raikage talking, and I will just say what I remember I said back then <xd>: Raikage seems "normal", even I would call it like benelori "he got a cold", BUT I do believe when the time comes <without spoilers> and his fight will start <without spoilers>, in his GAR moments seiyuu will prove its worth <and I think it will be cool>

benelori
February 21, 2011, 01:31 PM
hmm, I watched the scene with Raikage talking, and I will just say what I remember I said back then <xd>: Raikage seems "normal", even I would call it like benelori "he got a cold", BUT I do believe when the time comes <without spoilers> and his fight will start <without spoilers>, in his GAR moments seiyuu will prove its worth <and I think it will be cool>

Frankly that's what I'm afraid the most...that his GAR moments will be diminished by the poor seiyuu choice...I honestly expected a more deeper voice, not Hiruzen's level but more like Shikaku or something

3c
February 21, 2011, 01:35 PM
Raikage's voice didn't sit too well with me, but that's not new as he got introduced long ago now. I just hope he does the character justice.

As for the recent additions to the seiyuu cast, I think Mei (Mizukage) sounds too "round", or masculine if that's a better description. I always imagined her having a very Kurenai like voice, very feminine. But she sounds like Tsunade and I thought that sounded horrible. She honestly almost sounds like she's fat. The others sound good to me, Darui's voice is great.

benelori
February 21, 2011, 02:11 PM
Raikage's voice didn't sit too well with me, but that's not new as he got introduced long ago now. I just hope he does the character justice.

As for the recent additions to the seiyuu cast, I think Mei (Mizukage) sounds too "round", or masculine if that's a better description. I always imagined her having a very Kurenai like voice, very feminine. But she sounds like Tsunade and I thought that sounded horrible. She honestly almost sounds like she's fat. The others sound good to me, Darui's voice is great.

I didn't see the latest episodes so I can't tell really...but if UR right, and I think U are, then I don't think that such a voice does Terumi lot of justice...I mean she's portrayed as a very feminine, sort of teasing person who deserves a very feminie voice...something like Kurenai's voice as U said