PDA

View Full Version : host-samurai: mad skills or can't pay the bills

kaliayev
August 16, 2008, 09:56 AM
i'm sure i'm not the only who is tired of seeing hs debates in the prediction threads that don't relate to the relevant chapter. so here i am, making a separate thread for the subject.

i am one of the few hs fanboys (he is the uber sexy) here so you should know where i stand. evidence of mad skills:

1. dino mission-
at the end of this mission, we are introduced to our favorite bloodsuckers. i'm only gonna use this mission to support one major difference between him and the other vamps. in this mission, we saw him block an x-gun shot with his pistol. this may have been purely instinctive but it suggests two things: a) it can be repeated and b) even if hs wasn't aware of this possibility when he blocked the shot, he should be aware of it now. this reduces his vulnerability to gantz weapons (assuming they'll be used on him in the future).

2. self-cultivation of martial prowess-
this guy is always looking for ways to improve upon his personal potential. he will review the styles of others and adapt to/adopt them, allowing him to surpass his enemies.

3. sword fighting ability-
there's a reason this guy is called a samurai. the guy successfully took on two yokai samurai who were capable of slicing through the suits without any problems, except that finger and a paper cut on his nose.

4. agility-
this guy has dodged more things than i can think to throw at him. seriously, i wouldn't be surprised if he dodged a nuke.

5. the lure-
if he is unable to trick you into exposing your vulnerabilities with his good looks, he'll sure as hell find other means to do so. see yokai samurai and kurono.

6. the earring-
he has got to be one of five guys who can pull off the seductive earring look.

p.s. stfu, i like rhyming thread titles.

p.p.s. i suggest one of you guys makes a nishi thread. personally, i have very little interest in discussing the punk so i'll leave that to someone else (most likely, george).

JC123
August 16, 2008, 10:00 AM
I believe he's taking over for Izumi. Antisocial outcast doesn't come much greater than a vamp that doesn't even want to be there.

Personally, I would love to see a match between he and Izumi.

Masterchief
August 16, 2008, 11:12 AM
I say skills i doubt it was purely luck when he let his gun take the x-gun blow, and he did take out those sword aliens. I also believe he is at about izumi's level or above.

gHZoDD
August 16, 2008, 02:42 PM
Skills for sure, he wears no suit

GAT-X252
August 16, 2008, 04:27 PM
Kurono or Izumi with Gantz suit would kick his ass.

The b**tch is just fast.

He is a vampire...an alien level creature.

He obviously knew of the X Gun worked (at some level)...its not like he used his "L Class" intelligence to deduce the system of the X Gun. The vampires even know the weak points of da Gantz suits.

Masterchief
August 16, 2008, 04:58 PM
anti-hs ^???
yea theres no doubt kurono or izumi with suit would kill him but what if he had a suit too?

GAT-X252
August 16, 2008, 05:14 PM
No, i don't "hate" Hikawa, but i don't think he is that strong...

According to the Manual, the vampires are aliens too...if we see a vampire with a Gantz Suit it would be the same like watching an Onion Alien with a Gantz suit or the Oni Boss...

He already have the nanomachines, if he uses a suit, then he would be really, really powerful.

Mr.Aaron
August 16, 2008, 05:16 PM
I highly doubt that Hosty has so little of Vampire Pride that he would wear one of the Suits.

TheGenius
August 17, 2008, 02:39 AM
I'm pretty neutral when it comes to him.

Yes he proved his point against Kurono - While he had 0 suit and was unaware of the way the attacked

Yes he proved his point against the Yokai - Still made a deal and had his chick sliced to death

Yes he proved his point against Nura - From behind, little perv

So every good thing he did is linked to something negative...

Meanwhile, I can't deny that the guy is powered up to a fault. I mean he dodged 4 H-Gun shots, but has GAT says, he is still an alien, he'll die of an horrible death, like all Gantzers will, or did....or whatever...

GAT-X252
August 17, 2008, 02:26 PM
¿4 shots?

I don't think the 3 S shot at the same time...only Susumu i supose.

TheGenius
August 17, 2008, 04:05 PM
1 with the 3 sadist...if I remember correctly.
Then Katou had at least 2 shots directed towards him.

Anyways the point is that yes he is good, but he's not worth more than 20 points, and that is pushing.

Mr.Aaron
August 17, 2008, 05:13 PM
20 Points? :0

And why does everyone say he's an alien?

Did I misread when Akira went to that Vampire presentation thing, and they were telling them that Vampires were humans with Nano matchines inside them?

GAT-X252
August 17, 2008, 06:26 PM
Gantz Manual says that the vampires ARE Aliens...its official.

We already know that the vampires are people only with nanomachines inside them...but they are still aliens!

So...what is an Alien in the Gantz Universe? Is it a joke? Are they truly aliens or just nicknames? is Kurono really a Loser?

georgemarvin
August 18, 2008, 02:21 AM
HS is a vampire boss, not one of the minions, so I would guess he's worth 30 to 50 points. He can take any member of the current team 1 on 1, suitless. That makes him formidable, but nowhere near Nurari or 1000 arms' level.

As a character, he's pretty interesting. A good match for Izumi, better than a suitless Kei. A match between HS and a healthy, suited Kei would be interesting.

My prediction: A mission starts in the middle of the day and he doesn't have any sun medicine; he teleports and turns into ashes.

p.p.s. i suggest one of you guys makes a nishi thread. personally, i have very little interest in discussing the punk so i'll leave that to someone else (most likely, george).
I may start a Nishi thread sometime. Been too busy lately. I don't like the sadistic little punk, though. But I do disagree with all the people who think he's a coward just because of his death scene. He's sadistic, mean, cruel and callous. But he's a competent Gantzer. His tactics worked for Izumi and Oka.

staytough
August 18, 2008, 05:41 AM
HS definitely has mad skills and is one of the most badass characters in gantz but he would be max 50 points.
Because he is nowhere near as strong as the kitsune(68) or tengu(71) and he would easaly die through a bfg shot (if he wouldn't dodge it with his mad dodging skills).
And he should be more worth than 30 points (or maybe not, Tae was worth 30 points and i don't know if he would be stronger than her)

GAT-X252
August 18, 2008, 09:58 AM
*Georgemarvin

IMO Kaze can kick his ass, Kato can do it also...if Sakurai uses his powers correctly then he would be able too.

He can't dodge them forever.

MissingLimb
August 18, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'm with GAT. I actually think a suitless Kurono, who had all his memories back, and wasn't staring at his brother's head would have owned HS.
Although I loved how he dodged Nuri's lasers

TheGenius
August 18, 2008, 01:21 PM
A simple long range shot of the X-Gun would suffice. Can't really dodge it, since it's outside his consciousness range, and he has no regenerative, laser beams, super height....man it sounds like Marvel!

Mr.Aaron
August 18, 2008, 02:13 PM
Gantz Manual says that the vampires ARE Aliens...its official.

We already know that the vampires are people only with nanomachines inside them...but they are still aliens!

So...what is an Alien in the Gantz Universe? Is it a joke? Are they truly aliens or just nicknames? is Kurono really a Loser?
Ahh, I see. I can't exactly read JP, although I wish I could, so yeah, I missed that.

Captain Marmoset
August 18, 2008, 04:00 PM
This is a tougher question than you think.

Does said Host Samurai, in fact, have skills that could be considered mad? That may depend on a persons point of view. While one person may calll said skills mad, another may call them sick, awesome, narsty, effin' sweet, or vermillion.

Then the other quetion is posed. Can Mr. Host Samurai pay his bills? I don't think this can be answered without more information. Does he own a house or an apartment? Does he have cable? Does his job offer him enough cash to pay the bills in question full and on time, or does he have to also pay a late fee?

Judging from the suit he wears, we can safely assume that he does, in fact, pay the bills, which rules out the second part of the question. The first part pertaining to his skill level, on the other hand, is up for debate.

WHOOOOOOOOO Y'ALLS JUST GOT LEARNED!:dance:dance:dance

kaliayev
August 18, 2008, 08:43 PM
i swear to all that is wonderful, i created this thread just so you could say that.

did you vote, marmo? your post suggests you somehow managed to evade an answer.

Captain Marmoset
August 20, 2008, 09:41 PM
While I wounldn't personally call the vamp's skills "mad," I do think they're sick as shit.

So he got a skills vote from me.

Masterchief
August 21, 2008, 01:04 AM
I doubt a suitless kurono could take him out, kaze and izumi maybe. But kurono no then agian I guess you could consider me anti-kurono in some ways.

102jayday
August 25, 2008, 06:19 AM
i think host samurai can pay the bills his got enough money to buy a good suit and get heaps of ties and cigs so well not. hey could earn some money from the vamp fight club or he could own that place too. he got money to go get his hair n make up down to so sure he would be able to pay his bills.
but captain marmoset is right need more information on how much his bills cost.
well host samurai would ownage heaps with a suit on so ya

BigCamaro
August 25, 2008, 10:29 AM
HS definitely has mad skills and is one of the most badass characters in gantz but he would be max 50 points.
Because he is nowhere near as strong as the kitsune(68) or tengu(71) and he would easaly die through a bfg shot (if he wouldn't dodge it with his mad dodging skills).
And he should be more worth than 30 points (or maybe not, Tae was worth 30 points and i don't know if he would be stronger than her)

Give him a suit and he is >> Nuri

GAT-X252
August 25, 2008, 10:34 AM
No. Even with a suit, Nuri can kill him easily if he really wants it.

Fundefined
August 25, 2008, 12:44 PM
Well he has a super downwards cut that he uses alot to finish opponents like izumi, nuri and other gantzers, and conceivably he could create a sniper rifle from his hand.

TheGenius
August 25, 2008, 04:47 PM
That is going to far, next is what? A rocket-launcher from his ass? Nah, he can only produce low-caliber weapons, such as uzi's and glocks.

georgemarvin
August 26, 2008, 12:39 AM
IMO Kaze can kick his ass, Kato can do it also...if Sakurai uses his powers correctly then he would be able too.

He can't dodge them forever.

Actually, I was more or less basing my comments on the facts from the manga itself. HS killed a tired Izumi and a suitless Kei. He had no hesitation about challenging Izumi shortly after he was introduced. He made fools of both Katou and Kaze in the room after he had killed Kei. One on one, Katou is too slow, and HS's sword will cut through suits, so Kaze would probably go down like the two swordsmen yokai he fought. Since those Yokai were impressed by the sword, it is evidently something special, maybe designed especially for the purpose of cutting through whatever force field that the suits generate.

In a fight, speed generally beats power, and I remember that Izumi said that HS has as much power without a suit as Izumi did while wearing one, and he also has superhuman speed. Kaze probably beats HS slightly in power, as his original strength is almost superhuman, but he loses badly in the speed department. Also, intelligence is important, and HS has a clear advantage there.

A suitless HS would beat Katou for the same reasons, just not as badly.

Cherry could beat HS by rupturing a blood vessel or crushing his heart, but the question is whether he would do it before he got the cuisinart treatment. Speed kills.

HS would have been no match for Sakata, who wouldn't hesitate about blowing his heart or brain out, but he isn't part of the current team.

Nishi may be able to take HS, but he would have to have a good reason to fight. Unless he's getting points for it or in danger, he would be more likely to get his kicks from watching the others fight. And Nishi wouldn't exactly do it one on one; he would use HS's girlfriend as bait. Hit her with the capture gun and turn invisible, tell HS to drop the contacts or the girlfriend dies. Or substitute HS's sunscreen with something else and watch him burn. Or any of several other ways to lay a deadly trap.

I would like to see a match between a suited Kei with his memories and HS; Kei has more survival skills than anybody else on the team.

GAT-X252
August 27, 2008, 12:48 AM
and HS's sword will cut through suits.

He can't...

Look the first chapter of the second phase if you don't believe me.

102jayday
August 27, 2008, 01:53 AM
talking about what gantzers would beat host samurai??
he owned them all in the gantz room and katou knew that and thats why he reason with him instead..

warbandit66
August 27, 2008, 08:28 AM
Host Samurai definately has some mad skizills but is not above fighting dirty.

Zamamee
September 29, 2008, 03:10 AM
Don't forget all the vampire leaders can transform into something. And hes the leader! do the math, honestly speaking we don't truely know how strong this dude is.

warbandit66
September 29, 2008, 07:11 AM
when have we seen the vampire leaders transform?

GAT-X252
September 29, 2008, 10:28 AM
The "Transforming" leaders of the Oni alien mission were "Oni Alien" leaders not "Vampire" leaders.

They were allies with the 4 vampires top, but not of the same "species"...

KevinSephiroth
September 30, 2008, 06:54 PM
Exactly. The 'basic' vampires we know are just mere humans with nano-machines in their body. (Like Akira Kei , born as a human, died as a vampire) .

They only can create metal object out of thin air .

As for Host Samurai (as he got any real name by the way?) I think he's über badass; as for fighting skills he sure has some, but in a one on one I believe he would lose against Kurono (for Kurono seems smarter ).

dariusmg
October 01, 2008, 01:48 AM
It is not question of smarter or not its about the abilities, Kurono is a kid and all his abilities are from suit and random extremum emotions. HS has abilities in blood and experience (he is much older). HS vs Kurono 1:0 :D

putopooche
November 16, 2008, 02:05 AM
maybe its his natural talent and instincs.. or he's calmness inside a fight, or he's special sort of something like that... and i know he's strong because he only thinks of protecting himself.. protecting other's is just another debt:p

102jayday
January 29, 2009, 05:08 AM
well his fast which is duh, but his strong too, stronger than a suit, he could hold on to suzuki and suzuki could not move. kato question suzuki about his suit.

Amigo!
January 30, 2009, 01:59 AM
idk host samurai really hasn't shown any of his personality so im getting kinda bored of him.

GAT-X252
January 30, 2009, 11:15 AM
well his fast which is duh, but his strong too, stronger than a suit, he could hold on to suzuki and suzuki could not move. kato question suzuki about his suit.

Of course he couldn't because everybody can't move before the transfer begins...:D

It's a rule (remember the scene between Kishimoto's boobs & Kurono?).

Plus, Suzuki never activated his suit to get rid of the vampire, just when Kato asked him he realized that there was no danger if he tried to move.

Hikawa may be faster and more skilled, but i don't think he is stronger than...i don't know...someone like Kato with a suit activated, or maybe less than that...

Mikako
January 30, 2009, 12:16 PM
I don't think he's that physical strong too. We haven't seen vampires jumping on roofs of builidings etc.
But it doesn't really matter since in skill he beats almost every member of Tokyo team and when he'll wear a suit too....well.

warbandit66
January 30, 2009, 04:42 PM
Wait a minute... He's a vampire ofcourse he has mad skillz. When have you ever known a vampire not to have mad skillz?

102jayday
January 30, 2009, 05:56 PM
Of course he couldn't because everybody can't move before the transfer begins...:D

It's a rule (remember the scene between Kishimoto's boobs & Kurono?).

Plus, Suzuki never activated his suit to get rid of the vampire, just when Kato asked him he realized that there was no danger if he tried to move.

Hikawa may be faster and more skilled, but i don't think he is stronger than...i don't know...someone like Kato with a suit activated, or maybe less than that...

ya i know in vol 3.
this was after the transfer though.
well to show no pain of losing a finger XD all the others would be like ow ow ow ow ow lol his like i will just pull a sexy face and get a little cut on my nose then owned them.

GAT-X252
January 30, 2009, 10:24 PM
Like i said before, we didn't saw suzuki with the suit activated, it seems to me that he took some seconds to realize that he was out of danger with the suit on.

Not precisely that Hikawa was holding him with his "Uber Vampire Cool Strenght".

We haven't seen vampires jumping on roofs of builidings etc

Well, that vampire made some quite jump when Kato was about to shoot the Nurarihyon (ohh...how i hate that chapter) with the gravity gun...but a lot of gantz members could do a better jump IMO.

102jayday
January 31, 2009, 10:54 AM
Like i said before, we didn't saw suzuki with the suit activated, it seems to me that he took some seconds to realize that he was out of danger with the suit on.

Not precisely that Hikawa was holding him with his "Uber Vampire Cool Strenght".

Well, that vampire made some quite jump when Kato was about to shoot the Nurarihyon (ohh...how i hate that chapter) with the gravity gun...but a lot of gantz members could do a better jump IMO.

Gat how come u didnt like that chapter ^^
i thought it was not bad. but could of been better.

JediKnight
January 31, 2009, 04:54 PM
The host vampire has skills, but he's not unbeatable. But if wears the suit
thats changes alot of things. I believe Kurono or Katou could take him
out.

102jayday
February 01, 2009, 05:50 AM
they both have to team up i think. he hasnt been beat and i want it to stay like that.
i want him to be so good that when he turns on the team he is the main threat and badly to them and big fight ending gantz. the guy is worthy of being main bad guy. i dont want him to be a support character like kato..

Amnesiac
February 01, 2009, 09:47 PM
HS has leet skills, but he's not the best we have seen. Izumi was superior.

Izumi fought lots and lots of vampires, all at the same time, and won:
http://38.106.106.218/Manga/Gantz/Gantz%20231/compressed/9088_195493.jpg

Following that fight, HS and the other 3 elite vampires showed up. By then Izumi was not in his best state:
http://38.106.106.218/Manga/Gantz/Gantz%20231/compressed/9088_195508.jpg

Yet, he still managed to hold his ground against the 4 of them. After killing 3, his suit gave out and it was only then that HS got him:
http://38.106.106.218/Manga/Gantz/Gantz%20232/compressed/9027_194398.jpg

El Samurai Guapo
February 02, 2009, 12:21 AM
HS has leet skills, but he's not the best we have seen. Izumi was superior.

Izumi fought lots and lots of vampires, all at the same time, and won:
http://38.106.106.218/Manga/Gantz/Gantz%20231/compressed/9088_195493.jpg

Following that fight, HS and the other 3 elite vampires showed up. By then Izumi was not in his best state:
http://38.106.106.218/Manga/Gantz/Gantz%20231/compressed/9088_195508.jpg

Yet, he still managed to hold his ground against the 4 of them. After killing 3, his suit gave out and it was only then that HS got him:
http://38.106.106.218/Manga/Gantz/Gantz%20232/compressed/9027_194398.jpg

Not only that, but he got cut while trying to protect his girlfriend (Ryoko). He still might have been able to fight back had she not been there. Izumi was the best swordsman period.

By the way, I think a lot of people underestimate Katou's strength. Even without the suit he easily beat the shit out of a pro-heavyweight boxer that wanted to rape him. Kei would have gotten his ass handed to him by that teeth-collecting bully at his school had it not been for the suit. Katou vs. Izumi would be a good fight IMO. They're both tall and powerful.

102jayday
February 02, 2009, 12:55 AM
i still disagree lol
kurono is equal to izumi.
sure those tactics were to make them look good when they die.
the fact is izumi could take down them all except hs, he didnt damage him.
i like izumi he kicks ass but even if it was a fair fight hs would win. i believe fighting heaps of numbers the team gets in the way which means they can die and to enage in a fight at one point its got to be one on one but not if there are guns involved. i hope hs gets to prove himself in this mission and show they he can pay thoses bills and even have some credit on the bill lol.
i wish izumi came back too he was cool cold long black hair dude and thats just loveable.

GAT-X252
February 02, 2009, 05:51 AM
Kurono is not equal to Izumi...:o

Kurono is good, and have a lot of imagination that helps him in the most difficult times...but Izumi is stronger (and according to the manual, more intelligent).

You mean by fair fight Izumi suitless? if that is the case, then the vampire would win, obviously he is stronger than any human. But with a suit, then Izumi would win, i'm, sure of it.

The suits provide super strenght, but not stamina...i'm sure the vampire Bosses had a lot more stamina than Izumi. He can get tired quickly..if Izumi didn't had fought that army of vampires i'm sure he could kill all those vampire boss douchbags.

Amigo!
February 02, 2009, 04:35 PM
haha yea i think this thread is the official proof that izumi could kill hs if host wasn't so damn cheap...hell kei almost did it

102jayday
February 02, 2009, 07:03 PM
i still say no.
i believe kei and izumi were equal because of the oni mission plus izumi got owned and kei didnt.
kei got owned by hs..hs was dodging the speed of light.
i meant by fair fight izumi with a suit on, the big difference is hs could hit izumi and izumi could not hit hs

GAT-X252
February 02, 2009, 09:50 PM
i still say no.
i believe kei and izumi were equal because of the oni mission plus izumi got owned and kei didnt.

Plot armor.

The Oni only used his lightnings to attack Izumi (did you saw Izumi getting close to the Oni even once?), and Izumi spend all his fight dodging the lightnings...the fight with the TT was different, mainly because he didn't used lightnings that often.

Things like that often happen in Gantz...like why they didn't snipe the Oni Boss instead of fighting him in a melee battle? why they didn't mantain the stealth mode?

kei got owned by hs..hs was dodging the speed of light.

:blink

By this you mean, Hikawa can move at the speed of light?

Becuase for me...HS was only faster than Kei arm movement.

warbandit66
February 03, 2009, 08:46 AM
Host Samurai is grossly over estimated as far as his skill level is concerned. When he showed up with the rest of the vamp bosses and fought against Izumi the only reason he wasn't carved up was because he Izumi had three others to deal with, on top of that he had just finished slaughtering around 100 vamp foot soldiers before hand. If you look carefully you can see that HS stood back for alot of that fight and then once Izumi was down and at his most vulnerable he swoops in and slashes him whilst his back is turned, which you have to admit is a cowardly move.

Amigo!
February 03, 2009, 02:19 PM
kinda like what he did with nuri.

102jayday
February 03, 2009, 07:02 PM
yeah but to dodge a flash light being shined at you is hard, normal ppl couldnt do it...yeah the nuri fight he was dodging the 2 beams and from cutting nuri in half made that harder for him because both beams would be close together but they were separate thanks to hs causing nuri attack to go everywhere.

i just think he is a cool calm unknown beautiful character and thats why he deserves lots of credit..at least make him kurono's main rival that would be great.

Amnesiac
February 03, 2009, 07:20 PM
jayday, dodging the light beam is no different than dodging a sword. Both move at the speed of the arm swinging it.

El Samurai Guapo
February 04, 2009, 01:49 AM
jayday, dodging the light beam is no different than dodging a sword. Both move at the speed of the arm swinging it.

Lol, exactly. HS can not move at the speed of light. He's not Goku.

Basically the only thing HS has demonstrated so far is that he's good at dodging things and cutting people with their backs turned towards him. Nothing significant IMO.

I wouldn't doubt that 1 on 1 Izumi would have beaten him suitless. Izumi never lost a face to face sword fight, even against multiple enemies w/o the suit. I don't feel like looking it up right now, but in one of the previous vampire massacres by Izumi, his suit gave out on him while he was still outnumbered 3 to 1 and Izumi still owned them.

1 on 1 in a "fair fight", there isn't a better swordsman in gantz. By the way, I originally hated Izumi because he killed Tae (which I'm sure was partly due to the fact that she rejected him when he tried asking her out). At the end though, it seems like he had a genuine change of heart, sacrificing himself to save Ryoko, and telling her he was going to take her to Disneyland (as he was dying).....chikusho come on Hoi Hoi, bring him back!!!

102jayday
February 04, 2009, 02:41 AM
but vampires are fast than a blinkof a eye. also i believe HS is the best swordsman because his name is host samurai, izumi didnt get anyting of a samurai in his nicknames.
we need to know more about HS though, like how old is he. he likes those old things like bruce lee, everyone of the vamps said people within the last 10 years and hs said someone from ages ago, it could mean he meet him long ago or something, that would be cool.
but IMP hs needs a suit this mission, he is gonna need to grab aliens with his hands to kill them. the sword prob wont work, i would like him to have a gantz suit under his real suit and save the toyko team again.
there are missions where u can live without a suit and missions where u cant.
no one can live without a suit in this one no f?????ing way.

Amigo!
February 04, 2009, 05:41 AM
I think izumi saved ryoko because not so much that he had a change of heart but he was beginning to see how far gantz was making him go, he was turning into a monster, In that sense of the gantz world i think host samurai is stronger he doesnt care about anyone but himself and killing is easy for him human or alien.

102jayday
February 04, 2009, 08:29 AM
yeah i agree, but you know if they bring back izumi. that izumi that saved his gf will not be back unless something like that happens again.
if his back it will be from when he cleared the oni mission like kurono.
i want him back though he was like toykos pro, he knew stuff lol and use to be leader and is so cold.

warbandit66
February 04, 2009, 10:03 AM
He's probably not that fast. He's a martial artist and a vampire so he's probably quite good at reading muscle movements.

El Samurai Guapo
February 04, 2009, 01:31 PM
I think izumi saved ryoko because not so much that he had a change of heart but he was beginning to see how far gantz was making him go, he was turning into a monster, In that sense of the gantz world i think host samurai is stronger he doesnt care about anyone but himself and killing is easy for him human or alien.

That's not true. He obviously has feelings for the female vampire. You'll see.

Amigo!
February 04, 2009, 05:26 PM
pfft more like if he dies he'll be like "killbill i..i...love you..." DEAD. its gonna be just like izumi. lol

Amnesiac
February 04, 2009, 10:34 PM

Izumi knew he was going to die, suitless and exausted against a vampire, there's no chance he could survive that. He couldn't save himself, but he could at least save her, I think that's why he did it.

Amigo!
February 05, 2009, 01:09 AM
Izumi knew he was going to die, suitless and exausted against a vampire, there's no chance he could survive that. He couldn't save himself, but he could at least save her, I think that's why he did it.

no he didn't have that kind of give up personality, maybe we're both wrong maybe it was just some kind of past protector instinct coming back to him.

102jayday
February 05, 2009, 07:44 AM
hmm i dont think hs has any feelings for kill bill other than team mate.
shes just got the hots for him because his cool, strong and hot. but maybe they should hook up because then we get to see hs with no t shirt!! all right lol. i wonder how kill bill will go this mission maybe she'll die or something, she almost did last time

Amnesiac
February 05, 2009, 08:53 AM
no he didn't have that kind of give up personality, maybe we're both wrong maybe it was just some kind of past protector instinct coming back to him.

Given his attitude when his girlfriend proposed calling an ambulance, I think he was tired of the constant effort to survive. So once he was faced with eminent death, he welcomed it.

GAT-X252
February 05, 2009, 11:46 PM
Hmmm...Izumi could use Ryoko as a shield.

Hikawa cuts Ryoko and Izumi extends his sword too pass through her & the vampire...something like this:

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=gantz&chapter=gantz-166&page_nr=15

she would die anyway due to the severe cut of Hikawa's sword, and he could not dodge it because he would be in the middle of an attack.

El Samurai Guapo
February 06, 2009, 03:31 PM
Hmmm...Izumi could use Ryoko as a shield.

Hikawa cuts Ryoko and Izumi extends his sword too pass through her & the vampire...something like this:

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=gantz&chapter=gantz-166&page_nr=15

she would die anyway due to the severe cut of Hikawa's sword, and he could not dodge it because he would be in the middle of an attack.

That's my whole point though. The old heartless Izumi would have done just that. However, we see the direct opposite happen, Izumi uses his own body instead to shield her (Ryoko). This is a very strong indication that Izumi changed at the last minute.

JediKnight
March 10, 2009, 01:02 AM
Izumi would've killed HS if it was 1 on 1. Not 100 on 1. Even then Izumi
would've killed HS if Izumi's girlfriend didn't get caught in the crossfire.
Even Kurono could've tooken him on if he had his memories. HS is ok
but he's not all that, after rereading all the chapters HS is featured in.

Mikako
March 10, 2009, 07:35 AM
I'd wait with presenting a list who'd for sure defeat Host to the moment he's at least once defeated. Or seriously beaten.
I don't insist he's the best, but I don't think he loses in skills with Kei or Izumi.
And aside from that, he's just smarter and more mentally stable than those two and knows how to use any advantages.

Amnesiac
March 16, 2009, 12:51 PM
Seriously, no one can beat Host Samurai in a fair fight, because of his tactics.

He uses the head of Akira, in order to emotionally distract Kurono.

roflcopter

But no, I don't think even in a fair fight Kurono would win. (unless he had that cool light weapon)

Izumi however, would surely win. (he almost did in an extremely unfair fight)

JediKnight
March 16, 2009, 02:02 PM
Izumi killed like 20 to 50 other vamps before fightin HS. If it wasn't for Izumi's girlfriend getting in the way, HS wouldn't be here. But I believe
Kurono or Katou would be able to defeat him too. Sakata also.

Mikako
March 17, 2009, 12:28 PM
Kurono can win in a fair fight

If Kurono uses Oka's suit
*sigh*

Too bad Host just hasn't have a fair fight on-screen (excluding katana aliens), but attacking en masse has it's disadvantages as well as advantages (getting in each other's way), which is one of Izumi's fight's aspects. Izumi himself said he's with suit equal with a vampire, so it's a matter of skills. And I seriously doubt a vampire able to avoid laserbeams and Kurono's lighter attack has a disadvantage here.

Ah, also. Izumi and Host've had met before current storyline (Host mentioned it after dino mission). They both left alive.