PDA

View Full Version : Question Are the Yonkou not interested in One Piece?

34DD
August 21, 2008, 11:59 PM
I've always wondered why no one has ever gotten One Piece. For example, we all know Whitebeard has been "pirating" ever since Gold Roger and the other Yonkou probably have too. Other than Shanks, why hasn't anyone reach Raftel/get One Piece?

Personally, I believe a few pirates other than Gold Roger has reached Raftel. It just seems inconceivable that some haven't.
Anyway, how about One Piece? When Gold Roger was captured, the pirate era was dieing. If the strongest pirate dies in front of a crowd by the hands of the WG, it would scare people from ever becoming pirates. But his words, about One Piece, started a new era. So does One Piece only appeal to pirates of Luffy's generation? or are pirates like the yonkou and other pirates of Gold Rogers generation also interested in it?

paradoxe
August 22, 2008, 12:52 AM
Maybe because the only way to get to Raftel is by following the polynegraphs..and the only reader still alive is in Luffy's crew (Robin).

BlackHair
August 22, 2008, 03:01 AM
I don't think Raftet has sth to do with the ancient language. 'coz Robins tragedy about her hometown and her bounty let her become world known. In that case WB could have searched and recruited her to his crew. Even if the WG tried the hide the fact that she is from Ohara, he still should have known somehow, like Rayleigh. Afterall there was a high bounty on a 8year old child. . .
And since there is nothing different stated, Raftet have to be a natural island. So it must been there even before the ancient kingdom. I don't see how their language could unrelease the path, if mankind was already able to set foot before them.

Well for the Younko, do we know what they after? If u want to be the next PK u have to follow the foot steps of Roger. Maybe that's the fact they don't like it about, since they must have their own pride, especially WB who once fought Roger equally.

I could imagine Shanks out there only to have his freedom and fame/power. coz if he wanted to be the next PK, he already could have. Since he must have some knowledge from his time on Rogers ship. I think he have the best chances from the pirates out there, as far as we know, but he still isn't.
That's sth different, if he wanted to but cant on some odd reasons, like Raftet was protected by sth and it opens periodically... etc there are too many theories..

gfire2
August 22, 2008, 07:39 AM
well wat if they alreadi knew one pieces secret? or one piece has alreadi been taken by the world government or they figured one piece doesnt actualli exist.

lots of possibility but i reckon one piece is gold rogers true treasure (his memories and items from the journey they had)

Onomatopoeia
August 22, 2008, 01:10 PM
Until Oda gives us an explanation to why it's so hard to find Raftel this is a plausible theory. Of course you've got to consider the fact that at the very least Shanks defintely wants to find One Piece yet he hasn't which means theirs more to getting to Raftel then a person might think.

Then again WB is the closest to finding One Piece and I doubt they'd give him that title if wasn't at least looking for it...

mdl112233
August 22, 2008, 08:37 PM
have u guys ever thought about that maybe one of the remaining 2 yonkou could be franky's pirate father. franky has a unigue hair style could be what the yonkou is called like blue ( whatever hairstyle he has)

34DD
August 23, 2008, 12:05 AM
@paradoxe
That makes sense. I believe it has been hinted(or said outright) that only Gold Roger(including his crew) has actually made it, and the Poneglyphs being the key to getting there makes sense. I mean, why wouldn't the Log pose point whitebeard to Raftel? So there must be something one must do in order to get there. Plus, the poneglyphs have so far been used for the lost history and powerful weapons, so giving them another role would be conceivable.

@blackhair
That's true. If someone wants to be the pirate king, you must succeed the former. And by doing that, you must find One Piece, Gold Rogers treasure. The thing is, pirates of Gold Rogers generation shouldn't be interested in it. Gold Roger was the pirate king in his generation, so pirates of his generation will never be able to accomplish what he has and will always live in his shadow. Pirates of Luffy generation, on the other hand, are inspired to "pirate" because of one piece, not the yonkou(which I assume are pirates of Golds generation... or before the One Piece era). It would be weird for Shanks to want to get one piece since he was on Golds crew, but there is always the possibility he left to become a pirate on his own before Gold finished his journey(which i highly doubt, but could always be possible. Though there's a possibility it may have been stated that he did finish his journey with Gold)

@onomatopeia
True. Gold Roger did set a standard for all pirates. So there's always a possibility that the yonkou want to succeed him by finding his treasure and claiming the title of pirate king. The only known way to become pirate king is to find one piece. But with so much time going past since the day of his execution one must wonder, what the hell is taking everyone so long?

@mdrandomnumbers
even though off topic, im one of those stupid few that think Captain Lola's mom is the other yonkou. It's just.... how can such a weak crew like hers survive in the New World? but this is for an entirely different topic....

Oh, and concerning Shanks: There is also the possibility that he wants to follow Golds footsteps by creating his own crew to sail the seas. So maybe he is motivated to find One Piece.... and my statement about him leaving the crew does not seem plausible....

mr.danly
August 23, 2008, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that all the Yonkous ARE interested in one piece. Why wouldn't they be? I think the reason that they haven't found one piece yet is because of the poneglyphs. Raleigh recently revealed that Gol D. Roger's crew discovered the entire lost history; something that is only written on the poneglyphs. ANd since they weren't intentionally looking for poneglyphs, I think that it was necessary for them to use the poneglyphs to get to raftel.

bax
August 23, 2008, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure that all the Yonkous ARE interested in one piece. Why wouldn't they be? I think the reason that they haven't found one piece yet is because of the poneglyphs. Raleigh recently revealed that Gol D. Roger's crew discovered the entire lost history; something that is only written on the poneglyphs. ANd since they weren't intentionally looking for poneglyphs, I think that it was necessary for them to use the poneglyphs to get to raftel.

You have the same ideas as me ^^

If One Piece is the treasure that was very sought after, then most definitely the Yonkou would be interested it in. I do believe it is somewhat related to the Poneglyphs, or rather I always thought that One Piece is not a tangible thing. It could be something intangible as well, like the knowledge, experience, friendship, goals you achieved, etc at the end of your journey, all in one. Perhaps since they can't translate the Poneglyph, they're missing something, well.. it's all speculations anyway.

But looking back at the Yonkou, these guys are old timers (at least Shanks and WB). They were already pirates ever since the Gold Roger era. Now that's a question of another matter. Wouldn't it make Shanks reached Raftel back then? Or did Shanks quit Roger's crew before then. Given his personalities, he looks like a loyal guy, he would stand by Roger until they were disbanded, instead of quiting and making his own crew.

But then, in a few chapters back, Rayleigh said that Shanks received the spirit or sort to go to sea on the day Roger was executed. What exactly drove him back to the sea?

In Shanks' case above, perhaps he has no motivations for One Piece? Or is it something that really simple, there's actually no One Piece treasure at all? Did Shanks travel all the way to Raftel with Roger and know what is actually One Piece? Those are questions that are still unanswered.

JC123
August 23, 2008, 05:08 PM
The more One Piece moves on, the less likely it is one tangible thing...

Looking at all of the manga there's always been one overlapping theme here... Adventuring with friends without a care in the world. The best pirates are almost always the ones that have help in a variety of ways.

WB can't be the strongest unless he had other captains that could back him up.

Luffy, for all of his strength fights the hardest when his friends are in danger.

Shanks we'll wait on...

The Marines are avoided here. We don't know what they have against most of the Yonkous, only we know that they are threats to the WG for whatever reason.

Compare that to Bonney, Bege or Buggy... They don't seem to care about their own crews so much as they want to fight, pillage and plunder.

So I'm to believe, at the end of this journey is knowledge most deep. Something intangible that Rayleigh and Shanks staked their claims on. The next generation finding OP through their own means.

Montblanc
August 24, 2008, 04:54 AM
This is little bit off topic but. I was thingkin about the Yonkous and the Supernovas, that all of the Yonkous must have been Rookies sometime like Luffy, Kid and Law. So what if there will be the next generation of Yonkous when the old ones die. Luffy Being The Pirate-King offcourse and then the strongest of the Rookies that are now displayed for example Kid, Law,Drake and Hawkings being the Yonkous. Or will there be Yonkous if there is a Pirate-King?

paradoxe
August 25, 2008, 10:50 AM
There won't be any Yonkou once Luffy becomes Pirate King. The Yonkou came after Gol D Roger died.

Montblanc
August 25, 2008, 01:17 PM
But if the name will stay then there would be like The Best Pirate and then the ones that are right on tail. The ones that would be next to Luffy should have somesort of title for the "younger ones" to watch out for. (exept the bounty.)
Creates More fear
:D

Logicalthinking
October 20, 2008, 01:08 AM
I think Raftel does not exist.
Before you kill me about why Gol D. would lie then he would lie for the world to find out about the lost century and to stop the marines and WG from controlling the world. Otherwise why would the Yonkou not find Raftel after roughly 20 years average experience in the Grand Line.

And Shanks was on the Oro Jackson when Gol D. was already Pirate King, and Roger had went to Raftel at least twice in his life, one of which was probably with all of his crew.

So it boils down to three options: 1)Raftel does not exist or
2)Shanks and the Yonkou do not care for the One Piece
3)The Yonkou defend the world through the idea of One Piece, as One Piece makes people become pirates and these fight the WG.

Mad Eh???

bittman
October 20, 2008, 09:12 PM
Well, yes totally mad. However:

* Raftel definitely exists. I highly doubt Roger named it and that the historians went "Yeah sure, let me just make it a geographical fact. I would also imagine there are tons of pirates with a Log Post pointing forward to the end of the grand line, so unless Roger can influence magnetic forces with his lies...
* I will say the One Piece itself may not exist, and that Roger may have indeed lied to throw the world into a pirate era. But that's one of many One Piece "maybes".

But on whether the Yonkou are interested or not, I present Exhibit A: Whitebeard. Whitebeard has been known as "the man closest to the One Piece", and I highly doubt the long time bitter rival of Roger will just sit idly by admiring the magnum opus of the pirate world and the very thing that would give him the title of pirate king. Whitebeard has been shown to think of himself as the mightiest and go to ends to prove this to the world, and if that is the case why would he hold back from being the greatest?

Though I can throw the other two unknown Yonkou in there with ease, Shanks is a bit of an enigma as an ex-Roger pirate so I'll leave him out of the loop for a crippling fear of being wrong.

Hecaitomix
October 21, 2008, 08:08 PM
I think the Younkous already knew about the One Piece i think its not a
"material item" and pirates like Don flamingo already given up and wanna start the new era already where the strong survives and all the "dreamers" will end.

modoki
September 22, 2009, 11:42 AM
Maybe they know where Raftel is, but something major is blocking them from getting there.

Truefan21
June 18, 2010, 12:51 AM
ofcourse they are but it seems only a D can reach there

hy4k
August 09, 2010, 12:18 PM
Raftel sounds as if only someone who's conquered the grand line can reach it (i.e. someone who can navigate the grand line at will). The yonkou are on par with each other and even whitebeard wouldn't be able to conquer the new world (never mind the grand line). As such there is a stalemate. This is compounded by marine dominance of the first half of the grand line and the shichibukai fucking with them wherever they are.

kkck
August 09, 2010, 12:41 PM
I think there is a lack of interest mostly.... WB had 20 years after rogers death and considering he did not let roger tell him where raftel was he never even tried to get there. Shanks apparently has already been there. I doubt being pirate king is in his main interest. Even then, just getting there is probably too dangerous. Just look at the island uruoge got to.... the entire island they were supposed to dock at had every square inch of its area covered in lightining. I can't imagine what the ocean ahead is like, even for a yonkou getting there is probably too dangerous.