PDA

View Full Version : fairy tail (shounen magazine)

Koen
August 03, 2006, 06:05 AM
Hey,

Shounen magazine has released it first chapter of Fairy Tail in issue 35. I looked out of curiosity and I was so suprised. Why? Well if 666satan is similar naruto, this manga is similar to one piece. Man that drawning style is just the same, and you can see that mangaka is inspired by one piece. Well evaluate yourself what you think. Do you say: hell no or do you say yes, this is cool. But I think people will agree with me.

My opinion: well I am in a group that has nothing against manga that are very similar. for me it is good that mangaka have influences on others. I like this manga, and maybe a group should pick this up...

download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/n8ml97

ddadain
August 03, 2006, 08:04 AM
Actually, it's by the mangaka of Rave Master :) The drawing style is like One Piece though XD

I'm definitely interested in it.

Although, IMO, 666Satan is only similar in SOME drawing styles, but its generally appeals more to me than Naruto does.

Koen
August 03, 2006, 08:34 AM
Actually, it's by the mangaka of Rave Master :) The drawing style is like One Piece though XD

I'm definitely interested in it.

Although, IMO, 666Satan is only similar in SOME drawing styles, but its generally appeals more to me than Naruto does.

now it makes sense: http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=750 (look to the comments)

barbapapa
August 03, 2006, 09:01 AM
Yeah Hiro Mashima is known to be a huge Eiichiro Oda fan, seeing he even worked with him... The series looks good, but I don't know; I've read about 5 volumes of RAVE, and though that was a lot like One Piece too, it just seemed like a lame version of it. Fairytail might be better, since it looks similar... but hopefully improved.
Though I don't like stuff from Shonen Magazine; and I'm surprised RAVE ran for 35 volumes. But even SDK did, so eh...

NeoShweaty
August 03, 2006, 10:02 AM
hajime no ippo is in shonen mag, so the magazine gets a free pass in mybook forever.

Got to check this manga out then[br]Posted on: August 03, 2006, 09:43:40 AM_________________________________________________wow, that looks identical to one piece in some places. Would be a cool title to pick up, but i think i'll wait till more of it is out.

ddadain
August 03, 2006, 11:05 AM
Rave Master is a really good manga >_<

How dare thee blaspheme it! >_< Besides, Rave Master gets really good later... XD I mean really good!

One Piece is even slower than Rave, IMO ;_; I'm just upto Volume 9 of One Piece...

barbapapa
August 03, 2006, 03:37 PM
I dont "blasphemize" it ... I just dont like it.

Baroque
August 05, 2006, 09:17 PM
Hey,

Shounen magazine has released it first chapter of Fairy Tail in issue 35. I looked out of curiosity and I was so suprised. Why? Well if 666satan is similar naruto, this manga is similar to one piece. Man that drawning style is just the same, and you can see that mangaka is inspired by one piece. Well evaluate yourself what you think. Do you say: hell no or do you say yes, this is cool. But I think people will agree with me.

My opinion: well I am in a group that has nothing against manga that are very similar. for me it is good that mangaka have influences on others. I like this manga, and maybe a group should pick this up...

download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/n8ml97

I think it looks like one piece and rave. Duh it looks like rave.. same mangaka.

You should be happy to hear that Dragon Guard Scanlations has picked this project up! Be looking forward to MQ releases not HQ.

NeoShweaty
August 05, 2006, 09:26 PM
I think it looks like one piece and rave. Duh it looks like rave.. same mangaka.

You should be happy to hear that Dragon Guard Scanlations has picked this project up! Be looking forward to MQ releases not HQ.

welcome to the club, so has KO-Scans...basically. I just need to hear back from the translator.

Just a bit of advice, maybe it is time to get a real forum or something or maybe even irc. Msngroups arent very good.

rennokun
August 05, 2006, 09:38 PM
wow all the character is a copy of Rave they even got plue

is that mean rave is finish and this is a new 1 i read rave up to Vol31

is there any scanlations for this manga i would like to read it

NeoShweaty
August 05, 2006, 09:40 PM
no scanlations yet. I am working on relatively MQ versions of the manga. I mean the best i am willing to do, that is, on jump raws. (if this pans out, i will buy the tank and scan it myself for HQ v2's) Then again, there is another group working on it.

fireballer666
August 07, 2006, 10:51 AM
ah!....ME hopes to see it soon :D

Maple Snow
August 30, 2006, 04:57 PM
Fairy Tail #4 raw

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hs88pl

Calootoo
August 31, 2006, 02:45 PM
^^Thanks

I can't belive he is back again, i hope he pisappears soon.

barbapapa
August 31, 2006, 03:14 PM
Lets keep the Fairy Tail discussion in the Kefi topic. Unless another group starts to do it *evil glare*
You can just post raw links there. Though the same links are always posted on the Kefi forums as well
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7152.0

join us! www.kefi.org

what a shameless plug
locked.

downpoeticazn
March 21, 2007, 05:22 PM
Hi I was wondering if any translator or scanlation group would do Fairy Tail Manga. Its by the maker of Rave master. Currently a Group called Kefi r doing it and they do good work but the scanlations are pretty behind. I was wondering if any group would scanlate it because it is quite a good manga.

fox
March 21, 2007, 06:28 PM
Just wait for Kefi Scanlations. They are of High quality and it's worth the wait! The only reason they are behind is probably because they are making High Quality Scans of Magazine RAWs, which are pretty Low Quality (I speak from experience u___u). So I say you should wait for the Kefi Scans.

downpoeticazn
March 21, 2007, 10:04 PM
Ya I know KEFI does excellent work but its odd like so many people are translating naruto, bleach, tsubasa, xxxholic, mar, and other such manga but only 1 group is doing Fairy Tail. I mean I wouldnt mind doing a lq scanlation if a translation was available. I just like the manga alot and would like to have a translation so I can do a lq scanlation

xrezalid
March 21, 2007, 11:19 PM
i like this manga to..but the translation take too much time..i've been w8ting 4 several weeks for the 26th chapter translation..

downpoeticazn
March 21, 2007, 11:58 PM
Ya I understand it may take a long time....but like so many people translate bleach, naruto, and one piece...if only one of those can translate fairy tail i would be able to make a low quality scanlation. Maybe I can ask tamerlane if he would be willing to post it like he does hte other ones and hopefully someone will translate it and I will be able to scanlate it (lq).

EvilSniffles
March 22, 2007, 12:25 AM
you have to understand, even though you may like it a lot and others like it a lot, FT just doesn't have the mad crazy fanbase those other manga have. The best thing to do is just wait patiently for the scans to be made, the only thing that would work in your favor is find a translator, who would take time to make a rough translation of it for a SLQ scanlation to be made. However, most scanlators have other things they want to focus on and what not, ocean, I think does FT for fun, ocean I assume is with kefi, I know NJT would know for sure. "i've been w8ting 4 several weeks for the 26th chapter translation.." and it has not been several weeks, two weeks being the most. speaking of I need to find time to help with ES21 ~_~, TM is gonna kill me ._.

is it me or am I stuck at 400 some posts?

Me89
May 16, 2007, 01:29 AM
What's rong with this manga? I personally think it's pretti gd... Just some OP + a bit of other manga... XD

Raijatsu
May 16, 2007, 01:58 AM
kefi is still doing scanlations

http://www.kefi.org/fairy.php

I like it

barbapapa
May 16, 2007, 05:33 AM
I think he means to say why noone is posting here.
Maybe because KEFI doesn't care about MH a whole lot D:

hatsuharupeace
May 21, 2007, 05:43 AM
lol! fairy tail is still quite low-key, so not that many people know that much about it.

barbapapa
May 21, 2007, 08:44 AM
Well it's not quite Naruto-Bleach-OP level; but it's fairly popular.
Check here for more "active" Fairy Tail fans :P http://forums.narutofan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Nibi Nekomata
May 22, 2007, 02:28 PM
Hi, I'm Nibi Nekomata and I'm currently studying Japanese Language and Literature, so I though I would try my hand at translating manga in order to improve my skills. I've been a fan of Fairy Tail for a while and I noticed that, being newer and having a smaller fanbase, it's not been given as much attention by translators. KEFI puts out fantastic releases and I hope everyone will continue to support them as they work on the project, but I was hoping to help those Fairy Tail fans who might be a little more impatient.

I'm still studying, so my translations may not be as accurate or lively as what you've come to expect from the awesome people at KEFI, but I'll do the best I can to push the limits of my skills. Hopefully I can help myself become a better Japanese Language student and help all of you enjoy Fairy Tail as soon as possible.

I've translated Chapter 38 over here (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13076), and as long as I can find the RAW every week I'll try to be as timely as possible! I hope you enjoy!

Merged

barbapapa
May 22, 2007, 03:04 PM
Good luck with the learning process; I've taken up Japanese too some time ago, and I just finished my first year.

I think people at KEFI are kinda glad not much translators are giving it attention though; less competition that way ;P

Nibi Nekomata
May 22, 2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks very much!

I agree. If I tried to translate a really popular series that lots of other translators were interested in, I think I'd lose motivation really fast. I'm not nearly advanced enough to be considered competition, so I hope KEFI doesn't think I'm trying to steal their thunder or anything. I'll be downloading their releases just like I did before I started translating myself! I think it will be a good learning tool to check my own translation against the really high quality ones they release; hopefully I will be able to spot my mistakes and not make them again! :D

barbapapa
May 22, 2007, 05:07 PM
Well I can't judge your understanding of Japanese; but the English in your translation is pretty good.
Maybe, when you feel confident enough, you can come help us out at KEFI ;)

fremeer
June 05, 2007, 12:03 PM
fairy tail feels so much like one piece. So far fairy tail wins the best new manga cat for me cause its so crazy.

Hermie
June 05, 2007, 04:10 PM
Maybe because KEFI doesn't care about MH a whole lot D:
Why don't you love us? T__T

Anyways, I was going to keep this section going, but I then my internet got dissapeared. D=

barbapapa
June 05, 2007, 04:25 PM
This place just sort of makes leechers take scanlations for granted, even more than before.
In a nutshell.

hatsuharupeace
July 10, 2007, 06:10 AM
yeah definately. where are the people who love fairy tail?

Otaku-Kun
July 10, 2007, 06:01 PM
here im love fairy tail^^
but i wait so long for chapter 43 and 44 but KEFI need so much time *drop*...

barbapapa
July 10, 2007, 06:23 PM
Always with the complaining... sigh.

GGpX
July 10, 2007, 11:53 PM
This place just sort of makes leechers take scanlations for granted, even more than before.
In a nutshell.

Quoted for the truth ~

Akaryu105
November 20, 2007, 03:56 AM
So as you probably know, KEFI ended their scanlations at chapter 53, as Fairy Tail was licensed by Del Ray.

I've been searching for scanlations of 54->63 with NO luck.
I checked for another topic like this one and I didn't see one, so sorry if its a repost.

But does anyone know where I can find these chapters?

Merged

reibus
November 20, 2007, 04:42 AM
mangashare are doing it they have them all on their online reader

noonethere
November 20, 2007, 10:20 AM
You could also read online at onemanga.com.
If you want to download, try searching for fairy tail in the downloads and release thread here. (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=419)
Some of the links may be dead but i think the rapid share still works.

faiakins
November 29, 2007, 10:39 PM
Franky-House (www.franky-house.com) picked up the scan around chapter 50. We're releasing them now on a weekly basis.

Imperium
December 01, 2007, 11:08 AM
I also think Binktopia are scanning it weekly. :)

deffkryz
January 06, 2009, 06:37 AM
Since I've got "trouble" with starting a Gazilla article in the German Fairy Tail wikia - where's the transscription "ガジル・レッドフォックス" to "Gazille Reitfox" coming from? Shouldn't "Gazille Redfox" be more appropriate?

Have I overlooked at least one official Mashima transscription (as there were three of them for Erza/Elsa/Elza Scarlet)?

v3g374
January 07, 2009, 06:00 AM
ガジル・レッドフォックス
Gazille Redfox makes more sense to me...

I don't know about the Erza stuff, it could be any of those... (lu=ru)
Eruza
Eluza
Erza
Elza
Elsa
But they used Erza on that poster so I think we should use that too.