PDA

View Full Version : Who will Write the one piece reviews?

Tomgoood01
August 25, 2008, 01:38 AM
I know it has not been that long since the last review came out on Aug 6. It was wrote by Sahugani. But i am starting to get a little worried, actually i really miss reading those reviews every week. When I read those reviews it makes me think of what will happen in the next weekly chapter. I really enjoyed reading them. So I'm not sure why of the delay and if anyone knows the reason or when the next review will be posted that would be great. Or if Sahugani himself could tell us why i would really appreciate it.

Come back to us Sahugani! If anyone made fun of your review I'll totally kick his ass! Ahem sorry about that, my own feelings came out there. Anyway thank you

Ichibugen
August 25, 2008, 04:17 AM
Yeah im glad you made this thread because I share the same feelings, I didnt bring it up because I didnt want to be told not to complain or get flamed. I miss the reviews as well.

hatsuharupeace
August 25, 2008, 04:39 AM
Yesh, Sahugani's reviews are sorely missed, I'm not too sure why he has stopped doing them, but it's probably because he is busy with RL.

But then again, do go ahead to write up your own reviews, even if you're not confident with your writing skills. Writing reviews are a good opportunity to express your views and thoughts on chapters, plus you get the added bonus of having your opinions being directly addressed, read and commented on by the public, instead of trying to get your say in a heavily-posted discussion thread.

Just a note for all of you. :D

paradoxe
August 25, 2008, 05:02 AM
I would, except it does take a lot of time, and Sahugani does them really well.

I think OP reviews are the best on MH..though it has something to do with Oda's skill as a storyteller as well :P

hatsuharupeace
August 25, 2008, 05:24 AM
Uh-huh, Oka does indeed make telling the OP story a breeze.

Though reviews do take a long time, especially when you're trying to write up a long and incredibly detailed one like Sahugani does, it's best to start with some short and simple reviews, to help you get used to a certain writing/reviewing style, and also to get you used to writing/typing quickly, whilst thinking and consolidating your ideas in your head as you write.

I would say writing reviews is just a matter of practise; you never know till you try. :amuse

neomaster121
August 26, 2008, 07:57 AM
i wrote a review might write more at least until the old Sahugani comes back his reviews were great

probally might stop once hes back

hatsuharupeace
August 26, 2008, 08:33 AM
That's awesome news, I'll have a look at your review later. :D

haruka9
August 26, 2008, 09:56 AM
i also miss reading his reviews. he usually informs his readers beforehand if there is a chance that his review might be delayed. but maybe, he's just busy doing some important thing.

about making the review thing.... Well, I always want to write One Piece review myself. I don't think it will be as good as Sahugani's, but hey, I can try, right. And I'll do as best as I can if I see the opportunity to do it. On the other hand, I have no idea where to get One Piece chapter that I can use as pictures for my post. Where do you think I can download it? And what will be the ideal picture size for the post? Do I need to get permission frpm the source? Sorry to bother....

Imitorar
August 26, 2008, 10:22 AM
about making the review thing.... Well, I always want to write One Piece review myself. I don't think it will be as good as Sahugani's, but hey, I can try, right. And I'll do as best as I can if I see the opportunity to do it. On the other hand, I have no idea where to get One Piece chapter that I can use as pictures for my post. Where do you think I can download it? And what will be the ideal picture size for the post? Do I need to get permission frpm the source? Sorry to bother....

If you need to download a scanlation, check the R/T/S thread for the chapter you want to review, there should be links to scanlations in the first post. As for permission from the source, I don't think so, once they put the scanlation out, you're allowed to post bits of it online, as long as you don't take credit for it. Sahugani always makes sure to mention in the introductory paragraph before he starts his review proper whose scanlation he's using for the chapter excerpts, and it's a good idea to give credit where credit is due. As to the ideal picture size... I'm not really sure, since I've never written a review for MangaHelpers. I would say you should just check what size Sahugani used and use that. His review format did seem to get pretty popular here, so you might as well take some pointers from his reviews.

Superman
August 26, 2008, 10:59 AM
Reviews????:( :oh:wtf Where???

Reviews are located here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=258)

Ahhhhh thanks:grin

gluttony
August 26, 2008, 02:57 PM
@Imitorar: you've never thought of making some reviews?
because you have great ideas and your posts in chapter discussion threads are really interesting.:amuse from what i read there, i'm sure you would do a great job, and i think i'm not the only one with this thoughts:D

(just an idea... of course being a mod you're already busy)

Imitorar
August 27, 2008, 01:14 AM
@Imitorar: you've never thought of making some reviews?
because you have great ideas and your posts in chapter discussion threads are really interesting.:amuse from what i read there, i'm sure you would do a great job, and i think i'm not the only one with this thoughts:D

(just an idea... of course being a mod you're already busy)

You're not the first to ask me that. I actually have given it some fleeting consideration, but I don't really wanna make reviews. For one thing, Sahugani's are already established as the premier One Piece reviews, I don't see a point in competing with him. And for another think, I like to discuss just the bits of a chapter that are particularly interesting, so the Discussion/Predictions threads seem better for that. It's just that my posts in those threads are sometimes so long they seem like reviews...:darn

Antares
August 27, 2008, 05:44 AM
Can i try to write the upcoming few chapters pleease? Grammatical errors aside, i really want to write a One Piece review, especially when it's about uppermost-tier characters like Rayleigh who made even Kizaru said, "..Sir.." :amuse

hatsuharupeace
August 27, 2008, 05:51 AM
Sure, go ahead, I'll be looking forward to seeing it. If you want, give me a shout, I'll be more than happy to help you proofread your review before you post it up, if you're not too confident with your grammer in your review. :amuse

haruka9
August 27, 2008, 09:39 AM
Thank you for the advice, Imitorar. I actually followed your advice. But my computer seems to be having problems reagrding the downloading thing. I guess I will just do a "copy and paste" thing to get pictures of One Piece 511 chapter from manga sites and edit it. Will it be okay?

I am done writing my review by the way. I haven't posted it though, since I need to get pictures and edit it as my finishing touches. Besides, I feel like I need to hear your opinion first about my plan to do a review. It's actually five pages long ToT, and it might tire the readers because of its length. It reached isuch length because I have a lot of things to share about this chapter. It's really a mouthful of ideas and opinion regarding the latest chapter. But I will edit it and try to shorten it.

I guess I am just being jittery about this whole review thing.... T_T

Imitorar
August 27, 2008, 02:23 PM
Thank you for the advice, Imitorar. I actually followed your advice. But my computer seems to be having problems reagrding the downloading thing. I guess I will just do a "copy and paste" thing to get pictures of One Piece 511 chapter from manga sites and edit it. Will it be okay?

I am done writing my review by the way. I haven't posted it though, since I need to get pictures and edit it as my finishing touches. Besides, I feel like I need to hear your opinion first about my plan to do a review. It's actually five pages long ToT, and it might tire the readers because of its length. It reached isuch length because I have a lot of things to share about this chapter. It's really a mouthful of ideas and opinion regarding the latest chapter. But I will edit it and try to shorten it.

I guess I am just being jittery about this whole review thing.... T_T
"Copy and paste"? You mean you're gonna embed images from sites that host manga online? I guess that's fine, but you might wanna make sure you can edit them so it just shows the panel(s) you want shown. I'm not sure you can, if you plan on doing what I think you plan on doing.

As to the length, well, some chapters prompt a lot more discussion then others. 5 pages is a bit lengthy and hard for a lot of people to get through, so you're right, editing it is a good idea. But don't worry so much about length. Those who wanna read it will still read it, and I don't think there's an actual rule governing the length of reviews. The worst that would happen if your review is "too long" is that not many people will read it. But relax, don't be jittery. It's your review, have fun with it. Don't worry, just post it and see how things go.

haruka9
August 27, 2008, 10:29 PM
I finally get to post my review on Chapter 511 -o-. Unfortunately, it doesn't have pictures because my computer sabotages my plan in doing so because it's having some odd downloading and editing problems. I also edit my review before posting it and I am glad I manage to pull off a just length in my "polished" review without gravely affecting its quality. I just omitted the less important ones and leave the sections that have such great value on the current chapter. I just hope the readers will find it read-worthy ^_^.

bittman
August 31, 2008, 10:52 PM
4 reviews this week meanwhile, haha I dare not rejoin the bandwagon. Feels like overkill, but I guess we have to see who will stick around other than Sahugani for a bit first...