PDA

View Full Version : Review Neo's One Piece Review 511

neomaster121
August 26, 2008, 07:48 AM
Lol posted under 411 instead of 511 my bad

One piece 511 Review

Well I just recently started writing reviews for naruto and since one piece is my favourite manga

Well one piece I’ve always found that pretty much everything, every single page is full of things to write about and this chapter is one of those so I’ll post links instead of cut outs.

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page001.html
You can see that pirate picked the wrong island to attack by Lucci with kalifa walking behind in the distance probably watching over him, I think she’s a bit worried about him still not fully recovered from injury, but against these pirates she shouldn’t be, but I just noticed the staff of the guy who can’t die hitting a pirate right of lucci so more than one of the cp9 are with lucci.

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page002.html
well the fights over. Zoro, luffy and sanji are all tired after their fights, but truly in my opinion I have no clue on why sanji is tired. Luffy and Zoro fair enough, gears are tiring and luffy used them just before kuma and on kuma repetitively. Zoro as well all know is still suffering from the original damage he took back on tb arc. But the other strawhats shouldn’t be that far tired maybe franky with his cola limitations

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page003.html

Now the story is getting a bit more on the pessimistic side, I say this due to the comments of the strawhats, they are now realising that their opponents are stronger and that they can’t attack head on as they are used to especially in the style of fighting they use. This reminds me of alabasta, if it wasn’t for outside help n the fact it was a rogue shichibackai they defeated they would have been captured already.

But that said they can’t wait around in that location as luffy wants
http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page004.html
with sanji telling him that if any random enemy weak or strong came while they were resting they’d be captured. But a quick note px 4
If what they were fighting was number 4 then that means theirs 3 more kumas bots that’s saying if the original Zoro fought wasn’t part of these px bots

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page007.html
The worse has come true, a weird new character and seriously weird. He’s some fat reject luffy/robin cross over he made me laugh and cringe and the same time and he is the bodyguard who could be one of the smartest characters of this story which is interesting and his name is sentoumaru lets get ready to RUMBLE. I couldn’t help it this sumo guy with an axe does remind me of some sort of wwe wrestler. We then have what is now px1 which enough to scare the crew witless. With all their crew mates at full power except Zoro beat 1 px how can a tired group beat px 1 with vegapunks body guard. So as chopper previously said theres only one option and that is to…

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page008.html
Split up
I love the scene with Captain First mate and chef discussing what the crew should do, that’s just great to see.

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page009.html
What I find interesting is how they slipt up
Now this is up to debate but Zoro Sanji luffy all lead groups
1 each from the middle teir of franky brookes and robin
Then 1 each from the weakest 3 ussop chopper n nami
Just wanted to make a note of it, also they way brookes helps Zoro when ussop really chose the wrong person at the moment, it really shows how the group especially those who know what Zoro did really want to help Zoro get through this moment of weakness without making him look weak. Brookes and Zoro, a friendship in the making hehehe

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page011.html
3 groups 2 enemies that’s lucky seems like the two most able groups got the fights and that’s luffy and sanji while Zoro seems to get the lucky short straw and now running to a save position or so it seems

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page012.html
Now this is where it gets interesting
Look on how sentoumaru deflects luffy seemingly without even getting hit once.
If you look at the close up in his eyes it seems as though he is focussing and preparing, this to me suggest that he was using haki. Now before I continue I just want to point out luffy has just learnt how to use haki and a haki which only knocks out animals, compared to sentoumaru who seems to have a defensive haki, luffy would preety much be fodder who can’t focus his aura in his attacks. This similar to wb n shanks who split the sky as they attacked each other. I believe this is why luffy got sent flying and sentoumaru does say later on he’s not using a df so this is what I believe happened. So see it as a lorry vs a still standing lorry. The lorry moving Sentoumaru would push back the standing still luffy in terms of aura focus.

But I can accept if oda reveals soon that this might just be sentoumarus high strength but I think it’s unlikely

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page014.html
Zoro did get the short straw… but it wasn’t lucky, he’s faced by the light admiral, Kizaru. The one in the worst shape his hit by the most powerful of the 3 enemeies, no wonder hes on the ground so soon. Robin seems to have all the info and the way she says kizarus name and her expression, just so Nico robin isn’t it.

I for one have dislike ussops cowardess but man hes got guts. He drew for his weapon to defend his captain’s first mate without hesitation. Ussop you are truly on the way to becoming a brave man of the sea.

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page015.html
Just a quick note
I’m pleased that kizaru realises somethings wrong with Zoro with his statement surprised that hes down in one hit. I’m sure the real Kuma will explain this to kizaru or even sengoku if hes been briefed properly by kuma on what happened on tb

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page016.html
Damn it
Is oda trying to make me cry. This was just so moving, Luffy being extremely helpess having to watch his first mate killed right in front of him while he can’t do nothing.
Luffy’s screams just, well we all know how he views Zoro in his crew.
In fact all of them they just so distressed nami as well, and I don’t think I’ve seen her like that in such a long time, All of them worrying about Zoro, being extremely distressed as death seems imminent, kizaru statement just sent chills down my spine seriously

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-511/page017.html
Now as the first mate of the future pirate king is aobut to be killed the first mate of the previous pirate king steps in.
What an epic double spread. Just whoa hahaha

Many have wondered how Silver kicked kizaru but one thing im sure of is that its not a df fruit. The only one which would have allowed this was eaten by black beard, so was this due a seastone or some other meathod like haki or something else.
The reason I don’t think it was a seastone is because Kizaru’s attack still discharges into a mangrove and so if Silver was using a seastone then this should have just dispersed and not fired off.

As I explained with Sentoumaru it could have been haki. I say this because well kizaru is just attacking and knowing he doesn’t need to reinforce his attack with his own aura. While silver who is rushing to protect would have already focused his aura to defend Zoro. Thus allowing Kizaru to be hit

Being a logia type Kizaru might be unable to use haki and so being hit by Someone with high lvl haki as strong as shanks and wbs would show how he was hit and his kick diverted.

Well the chapter is over and as I said its been full of so much stuff to write about
I know the new chapter will be out soon but I thought might as well write this great chapter a review

A brilliant 9 out of 10 for me
Great art, great fights, great scenes just overall great
Would be higher but im a info sort of guy so I like info filled chapters more, probably why it not a 10 out of 10

This chapters just open up so many new questions as it seems to be the preview to a new way of fighting for the strawhat crew.
It also shows a weakness to the crew a weakness which is well placed.
Luffy isn’t yet pirate king, yet he acts like one nevertheless, attacking the nobles was a big no no. In fact imagine the guilt luffy would have felt if Zoro had died to the admiral attack he brought onto the island. Luffy is just one lucky guy and I can see that in the face he pulls when he sees the old guy shows how relieved he felt

Well this is my first one piece review
Don’t know if I’ll do another one but read and rate it as you please

Highseas7
August 26, 2008, 08:25 AM
U know for a 1st review not bad grammar could use some work but never the less good job i agree wth you on the whole haki thing with ray and how he kicked the untouchable logia user that is KIZARU! hope 2 more reviews from u in the future my dude

neomaster121
August 26, 2008, 09:09 AM
well thanks
yea i rushed this review otherwise i would have cut out the pictures and made sure my grammer was better

but i find theirs so much jsut to talk about in chapters and its hard jsut to leave stuff out but if i didn't id be taking up way too much readers space haha but next time i'll get the review out earlier and better than this one

thanks for reading it though ^__^

Superman
August 26, 2008, 02:01 PM
Ok. Its good but,.....i dont get what is so interesting in reviews at all.
But good job even tough i only read to the third pic.
But thats not because of you Neo.
Remember the stress we had:D:p, but it is forgive and forgotten from both of us.

neomaster121
August 26, 2008, 04:10 PM
Ok. Its good but,.....i dont get what is so interesting in reviews at all.
But good job even tough i only read to the third pic.
But thats not because of you Neo.
Remember the stress we had:D:p, but it is forgive and forgotten from both of us.

yea hahaha our debates used to get lukas telling us to calm down

but yea fair enough, its good you enjoyed what you read

Tomgoood01
August 27, 2008, 02:52 AM
Firstly, let them start this post by complementing you on your review. You did a good job, but i know you can improve a lot. On your next one put more time and effort into it. Maybe spend some time reading over Sahugani's review and take some points from his. Whatever you don't try to make a copy of his. You have to make the review your own. If you copy sahugani, it will just look like a cheap fake. Anyway good luck.

Oh ya i have been hearing a lot about the whole Haki theory that supposedly redirected Kizaru's attack. Well I'll give my beef why that probably is not the case. If we take a good look at the fight between Ace and Black Beard we can conclude through reasoning that the ability Haki has no such Potential.

1. During the fight the ability Haki did not come up into the Subject, which given the situation that if Haki had such an ability it most certainly would. I will go into detail about this.

2. Both Ace and Black Beard are both from the same White Beard crew. Thus both would know of or have such ability Haki being that the other two captains of White Beard crew knew of such. ( EX. when Shanks boarded White Beard's Sip)

3. Haki dose not have any exception among people, Df user or not. For in One Piece it has been seen by both that it is Possible.( Ex. Luffy used it on Motobaro.) So in that case if it's a matter of strength that it takes to acquire Haki, which at this point that is all we can conclude to, then Both Ace and Black Beard would have such a skill. For Both shown to have great power, Black Beard has fought against Shanks and left a scare. Shanks himself tried to explain WB about how dangerous Black Beard is. As well of Ace who did lose to Black Beard was not a Pushover showing super human fighting skills.( Claimed from Van Auger)

4. Now this probably the most important point why Haki has no such ability. Black Beard who explained his Df ability in full detail, showed that only his Df ability is the one that can rob Df users of their power. He showed in confidence that his ability was supreme that something like his Df ability did not even exist. Now for Haki to show up now that it too can posses the the same ability as Black Beard Df. It would be pointless for Black Beard to search decades for such a fruit, when he would already acquire the ability of Haki.

In conclusion through out the fight of Ace and Black Beard, Haki would come into play if it had such an ability for both know of and acquire it and be using it on each other. The importance of Black Beard Df discredits Haki of having such an ability. Haki dose not have such ability as to affect Df user's power. Thank you

neomaster121
August 27, 2008, 05:25 AM
Firstly, let them start this post by complementing you on your review. You did a good job, but i know you can improve a lot. On your next one put more time and effort into it. Maybe spend some time reading over Sahugani's review and take some points from his. Whatever you don't try to make a copy of his. You have to make the review your own. If you copy sahugani, it will just look like a cheap fake. Anyway good luck.

Oh ya i have been hearing a lot about the whole Haki theory that supposedly redirected Kizaru's attack. Well I'll give my beef why that probably is not the case. If we take a good look at the fight between Ace and Black Beard we can conclude through reasoning that the ability Haki has no such Potential.

1. During the fight the ability Haki did not come up into the Subject, which given the situation that if Haki had such an ability it most certainly would. I will go into detail about this.

2. Both Ace and Black Beard are both from the same White Beard crew. Thus both would know of or have such ability Haki being that the other two captains of White Beard crew knew of such. ( EX. when Shanks boarded White Beard's Sip)

3. Haki dose not have any exception among people, Df user or not. For in One Piece it has been seen by both that it is Possible.( Ex. Luffy used it on Motobaro.) So in that case if it's a matter of strength that it takes to acquire Haki, which at this point that is all we can conclude to, then Both Ace and Black Beard would have such a skill. For Both shown to have great power, Black Beard has fought against Shanks and left a scare. Shanks himself tried to explain WB about how dangerous Black Beard is. As well of Ace who did lose to Black Beard was not a Pushover showing super human fighting skills.( Claimed from Van Auger)

4. Now this probably the most important point why Haki has no such ability. Black Beard who explained his Df ability in full detail, showed that only his Df ability is the one that can rob Df users of their power. He showed in confidence that his ability was supreme that something like his Df ability did not even exist. Now for Haki to show up now that it too can posses the the same ability as Black Beard Df. It would be pointless for Black Beard to search decades for such a fruit, when he would already acquire the ability of Haki.

In conclusion through out the fight of Ace and Black Beard, Haki would come into play if it had such an ability for both know of and acquire it and be using it on each other. The importance of Black Beard Df discredits Haki of having such an ability. Haki dose not have such ability as to affect Df user's power. Thank you

I continue to write in my own style i'll just write with better grammer and take more time with presentation

fair enough points and that does make sense i must admit
the only thing i can say is this all is going on the idea that they new about haki and its full effects
plus robbing df powers is only one asspect of bb powers
if u remember wb and shanks were talking shanks said he wasn't ready to fight bb what if by ready he meant he doesn't know how to use haki to its full potential

and its a long term feeling i've had that Oda would never have a class of fruit which has no real weakness aka logia types (excluding blackbeard) and the strongest of the top pirates seem fruitless yet they still live with Admirals of logia class

but on another note im looking forward to the next chapter the spoilers seem very interesting

Tomgoood01
August 27, 2008, 06:18 AM
Well i had a thought on how Rayleigh stopped Kizaru's attack i have it posted on the One Piece 511 Discussion/512 Predictions thread on page ten. I you want to leave you thoughts about the post, just post it here it's just easier that way.

neomaster121
August 27, 2008, 06:50 AM
Well i had a thought on how Rayleigh stopped Kizaru's attack i have it posted on the One Piece 511 Discussion/512 Predictions thread on page ten. I you want to leave you thoughts about the post, just post it here it's just easier that way.

well i have to say i wouldn't mind if silver found a natural weakness
but i just never much liked the ideas of seastones and im truely hoping we don't get a "it was seastones, thats how you GOT to do it"

then it takes the growing in stength out of the fights
cause of what seastone effects actually are

but we'll see from this altest chapter and i can have a better idea if its haki, seastones, or natural weakness

don't want to go into it further since i'd be saying spoilers
we can discuss this better in my next review tho ^_^