PDA

View Full Version : Could Juugo be Yahiko?

Askia32
September 01, 2008, 12:07 AM
http://img45.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000372/09.jpg
http://img45.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000075552/03.jpg

I know this is way out of left field, but my friend mentioned that Juugo and Yahiko look a lot alike. As i looked more, they do look alot alike. I know it would make no sense at all if they we're the same person, but the similarities are there. When Juugo transformed to a teenage kid, he looks like the teenage version of Yahiko.

I have always wondered, since Nagato is the original one with the Rinnegan, why in the initial flashback Jiraiya had of Pein, the first face Jiriaya thought about wasn't Nagato. It was Yahiko(as shown above).

I have a couple theories that I will type out threw the discussion. I just want to put alot more thought in them before I post it.

What do you guys think?

http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/images/33937/1_Juugo_by_wishu.png
http://api.ning.com/files/eiMy17hUNiHYMATHSX3-13gn-aKxJo3SdaRr6ryJIi0_/sakura36000_20070725_181243.jpg

Spoonz
September 01, 2008, 10:28 AM
Yahiko is dead and now one of Pein's bodies.

When you draw enough characters, I imagine some start to look a like. People talk about the resemblance between Ino and Deidara, Shikamaru and Iruka, Suigetsu and Sai's brother, etc. Sometimes they can mean something like with Naruto and Minato, but mostly they are just coincidences.

For example, I think older Juugo looks like Choji, but I doubt they are related.

jodi
September 01, 2008, 10:50 AM
Yahiko is dead and now one of Pein's bodies.

When you draw enough characters, I imagine some start to look a like. People talk about the resemblance between Ino and Deidara, Shikamaru and Iruka, Suigetsu and Sai's brother, etc. Sometimes they can mean something like with Naruto and Minato, but mostly they are just coincidences.

For example, I think older Juugo looks like Choji, but I doubt they are related.

and young/old Juugo's hair is different from young/old Yahiko
they look alike, but are different

Forever_Melody
September 01, 2008, 04:01 PM
Well as others have said, we've seen the Yahiko Pein body to be 'alive'(in a sense) so yeah, Yahiko seems to be still running.

There's also the issue of age. Although we can't place an exact number, I'd guess Yahiko to be quite a few older than Juugo. If I assume Jiraiya was roughly from 20-30(so 20-30 years from currently) when he trained Yahiko(and that Yahiko was roughly 8-10), that'd mean that now Pein(and Yahiko) would be anywhere between late 20s and 30s. As for Juugo, seems he's still in his teens.

Also, what would be the relevance of this info according to you? Those theories you said you'd type would be interesting in the first post(or at least one of them to start things off)

IMO, when you start a thread to make a connection, it'd be nice to name the purpose of it, not just expose the connection, because then it'd have no meaning. It's like me making a thread to say 'this car is red!'. That's nice, but what importance does it have to the others or in this case, the manga?

c0nflikt
September 01, 2008, 10:55 PM
if juugo was yahiko it would make sense for anko to have been young and juugo been with orochimaru and anko get the cursed seal.

Csdabest
September 01, 2008, 11:38 PM
I think Suigetsu and Kakashi are related. If you look at their pictuyres they have the same color hair and the same color eyes

Bootleg544
September 02, 2008, 12:02 AM
Yahiko is one of Pain's bodies. Juugo is Juugo. Case closed.

bean
September 02, 2008, 12:22 AM
what the....did I just travel back in time?!

ninjaa
September 02, 2008, 12:43 AM
Guys he is just trying to point out a connection that may be relevant to the story. If you have nothing to say about it its better to not say anything at all. I do have to agree that they look quite similar, but I think it is just a coincidence.

Askia32
September 02, 2008, 01:05 AM
Well as others have said, we've seen the Yahiko Pein body to be 'alive'(in a sense) so yeah, Yahiko seems to be still running.

There's also the issue of age. Although we can't place an exact number, I'd guess Yahiko to be quite a few older than Juugo. If I assume Jiraiya was roughly from 20-30(so 20-30 years from currently) when he trained Yahiko(and that Yahiko was roughly 8-10), that'd mean that now Pein(and Yahiko) would be anywhere between late 20s and 30s. As for Juugo, seems he's still in his teens.

Also, what would be the relevance of this info according to you? Those theories you said you'd type would be interesting in the first post(or at least one of them to start things off)

IMO, when you start a thread to make a connection, it'd be nice to name the purpose of it, not just expose the connection, because then it'd have no meaning. It's like me making a thread to say 'this car is red!'. That's nice, but what importance does it have to the others or in this case, the manga?

Thats why this thread is labeled a discussion, and not a theory.

I simply posted something that stuck out. I'm not saying that I believe it to be true, but there are some similarities. Was just seeing what everyone else thought.

Gosh, it's not like I'm saying Obito is Tobi.

bean
September 02, 2008, 01:11 AM
Thats why this thread is labeled a discussion, and not a theory.
either way, if it's just for discussion, what's the point? "Could juugo be yahiko?" can't simply be discussed...it'll lead to theories and why it's logical to believe they might be the same person, rather than to just point out a similarity. Is juugo yahiko? yes....ok...now what? why would it be him? what does that do for the story? you can't answer that without going into some kind of theory. But like I said, this was discussed a long time ago, and by now, it makes no clear logical sense for the two to be the same. Not everyone in the manga has to be connected to someone else...a lot of people look similar, that's just the way it is...don't force a connection where it doesn't fit.

Askia32
September 02, 2008, 01:26 AM
either way, if it's just for discussion, what's the point? "Could juugo be yahiko?" can't simply be discussed...it'll lead to theories and why it's logical to believe they might be the same person, rather than to just point out a similarity. Is juugo yahiko? yes....ok...now what? why would it be him? what does that do for the story? you can't answer that without going into some kind of theory. But like I said, this was discussed a long time ago, and by now, it makes no clear logical sense for the two to be the same. Not everyone in the manga has to be connected to someone else...a lot of people look similar, that's just the way it is...don't force a connection where it doesn't fit.

My bad, your right.

But like I have stated, I wanted to hear what people thought. But, you don't have to talk to me so arrogantly for that. Thats all fine and dandy if it has been discussed, but if I'm posting it again, common sense should tell you that I wasn't apart of the original discussion.

bean
September 02, 2008, 01:31 AM
My bad, your right.

But like I have stated, I wanted to hear what people thought. But, you don't have to talk to me so arrogantly for that. Thats all fine and dandy if it has been discussed, but if I'm posting it again, common sense should tell you that I wasn't apart of the original discussion.
wasn't being arrogant. if I'm not mistaken, your response that I quoted seemed a bit arrogant...and there's a search function on this site if you're interested in a certain topic that you missed teh first time around.

Askia32
September 02, 2008, 01:38 AM
...yea, I was being arrogant. My bad again, I was being a hypocrite.

bean
September 02, 2008, 01:51 AM
I have always wondered, since Nagato is the original one with the Rinnegan, why in the initial flashback Jiraiya had of Pein, the first face Jiriaya thought about wasn't Nagato. It was Yahiko(as shown above).

the flashback had to tell how jiraiya came into contact with nagato, and to do that, kishi had to tell the story of how yahiko approached the sannin for food for nagato and konan, and then they clung onto the sannin. It would be weird if that little story didn't start with thier first contact, ie, yahiko.

Montai
September 02, 2008, 02:48 AM
Juuga could be the son of Yahiko. That sounds interesting.

Forever_Melody
September 02, 2008, 04:52 AM
I'm sorry if my reply sounded rude or offensive and that wasn't the point. What I meant in the 2nd part of my post was as bean said, that a simple discussion on an observation can only go so far without making some kind of theory or whatnot. Otherwise, all threads like these would do would be 'yeah you're right' or 'no you're wrong' and that's not much discussion now is it?

Of course, pointing out an observation is quite important, but more importantly is the relevance of that observation. It's like an experiment in a laboratory. We notice x thing happens when we do y thing. Alright, that's nice, now what is the relevance of knowing this phenomena? Where and why is it there and blah blah?

Can you see my point? I'm not saying your observation is bad, more so that the thread is incomplete without some kind of further idea developing(you mentioned theories yourself in the first post so I'm guessing that was t come anyways?

Anyways, sorry again and I'll stop here and let the thread actually go the right way now :)

Personally, I'd like to know the relevance of how "Yahiko = Juugo" would affect the storyline. If they were one and the same, then who would Yahiko Pein be? Jiraiya himself recognized that body as Yahiko so would he have been wrong?

Askia32
September 02, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry if my reply sounded rude or offensive and that wasn't the point. What I meant in the 2nd part of my post was as bean said, that a simple discussion on an observation can only go so far without making some kind of theory or whatnot. Otherwise, all threads like these would do would be 'yeah you're right' or 'no you're wrong' and that's not much discussion now is it?

Of course, pointing out an observation is quite important, but more importantly is the relevance of that observation. It's like an experiment in a laboratory. We notice x thing happens when we do y thing. Alright, that's nice, now what is the relevance of knowing this phenomena? Where and why is it there and blah blah?

Can you see my point? I'm not saying your observation is bad, more so that the thread is incomplete without some kind of further idea developing(you mentioned theories yourself in the first post so I'm guessing that was t come anyways?

Anyways, sorry again and I'll stop here and let the thread actually go the right way now :)

Personally, I'd like to know the relevance of how "Yahiko = Juugo" would affect the storyline. If they were one and the same, then who would Yahiko Pein be? Jiraiya himself recognized that body as Yahiko so would he have been wrong?

Naw, I appreciate your input. As soon as I finish my school stuff, I plan on writing a theory I have either tonight or tomorrow.

badluckartist
September 08, 2008, 05:41 PM

Preposterous, for sure. Still infinitely more relevant than threads like "Minato versus the Uchiha Brothers!" and "Sasuke vs. The Shinobi World!". Could "X be X" threads are always > "X vs. X" threads, because theories and ideas are ALWAYS, without fail, more useful for discussion than mindless droning about who's better than who.

Aim your cannons in that direction, friend.

Tsukisama
September 08, 2008, 05:49 PM
Juugo is not Yahiko. Juugo is only about 19 (as confirmed by the most recent databook), while Yahiko is apparently one of Pein's bodies and would be likely in his 30s if he were alive today. I don't really think there is that much left to discuss in this thread, as I think we have enough information on the two characters to be rather certain at this point that they are not the same person or likely even related (again based on Juugo's background information and what little we know about Yahiko's history).

As such, this thread will be closed. If you have some sort of relevant idea for a post related to this topic that you feel warrants this thread being re-opened, send me or a moderator with some connection to the Naruto forum a private message (PM).