PDA

View Full Version : History of the Pirates of The Sun

rhysno1
September 02, 2008, 12:29 PM
hi im relatively new to manga helpers and this is my first thread now i was wondering about the sunny pirates the former crew of jimbie, arlong,hatchan and macro and also i have noticed puffing tom had the tattoo of the pirates tell me what you think because i

Rayleigh referred to them as the "Sunny Pirates" here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/506/09/). The opening poster seems to be asking what became of the members of the Sunny Pirates, as well as bringing up a very good point. Namely, that the shipwright Tom (the one who trained Franky and Iceburg and built the Oro Jackson) had a tatoo of the symbol of Arlong's crew, much like Nami did before the end of the Arlong arc. This hints to some sort of relationship between Tom and the Sunny Pirates, probably including Jimbei. Alright, I think the subject of the thread is decently clear now, so discuss away!

Organizized
September 02, 2008, 03:40 PM
I have to say, I never noticed that Tom had that tattoo.. I mean, I've even looked for connections between him and other mermen before but didn't spot that one. Good point!
Looking some stuff up, it turns out Macro also has the tattoo, at the same spot on his chest as Arlong had.

So my guess on the history of the crew is that the crew was formed around 30 years ago (assuming Tom was once a member, but was not 25-26 years ago when, I believe, he built Roger's ship to be able to take him to Raftel during his last voyage) in one of the blues, to later journey to the grand line where they became pretty successful as a pirate crew. Later recruits were Hatchan (perhaps 10 years ago, since Shakky and Ray hadn't seen him in that long), Arlong, Chew, Kuroobi and Macro. When famous enough, Jimbei was offered the role as Shichibukai and the crew disbanded. Tom became a shipwright and built Roger a ship, Arlong and the others went to the weakest of the blues where they could be the most successful, and Macro formed his own epic fail crew.

That's as far as I can think. The whole thing about Tom might be a bit wrong with the time and all, but this is how I think until the next poster corrects me. :p

sharingan_kakashi
September 02, 2008, 11:36 PM
Macro's crew certainly has the tattoo but Tom's tattoo doesnt look like a sun at all. It looks more like a sunflower with sharingan dot (forgot what theyre called) around it.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/353/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/492/08/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/492/06/
If that is indeed their logo then they were a big pirate crew once or maybe still is.

Yans86
September 24, 2008, 11:10 AM
SUNNY PIRATES...........this word is important as hell!!!!
u know what I mean?
Can we complain Arlong?no,really I don't think so.....after Robin explained us what happens to fishman and mermaid,and all the racism,and the almost impossibility to live with humans on Islands,the impossibility to sail free around the world for all those prejudges,I think that Arlong's feelings can be understood.....so If jinbei share the same feelin,probably is not really friendly with the marines......

IN the end,their history can be like that,they weren't even supposed to become pirate at the beginning,but they started to fihgt for their freedom against everyone who was against them,and one day the WG decided to crush them,or Fishman Island,or their "fake freedom",so they made a threat with them........split the crew,and having their captain Jinbei,collaborate with WG for tthe sake of all fishmen and mermaids............

paradoxe
September 24, 2008, 11:51 AM
the crew disbanded

Er..no we don't know that.

Shichibukai crews are not required to disband, as shown by BB, Moria..and another Shichibukai who shall remain unnamed as of now.

Organizized
September 24, 2008, 01:25 PM
Well yeah, I know we don't know for sure it's required. It was simply my guess at the time which I also stated clearly in that post. But in just the same way it's not we don't know about Jimbei, we don't know if Blackbeard still has his crew. I believe I gave what Van Auger says in this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/16/) page as a possible hint to their disbanding in another thread (still it's a bit contradictionary since we've seen the building up of the crew and been introduced to all the crewmen and such so it wouldn't make much sense).

Moria's zombies were hardly a crew and it wouldn't surprise me if he kept them a secret anyway (since they were gonna help him become pirate king which was his secret goal).

Also, since I believed we had seen both Macro and Arlong's men and Tom (whom I later changed my mind about) with the (almost certain) tattoo of Jimbei's crew I thought it was a hint on Jimbei leaving his crew behind at some point. However since it's all pretty vague hints I'm obviously not saying I'm right. And like I said, it was my guess at the time. I'm starting to change my mind about "Shichibukai = no crew" thingy.

Razh
September 24, 2008, 01:47 PM
There would really be no use for WG if Shichibukai would just travel around alone. It doesn't make any sense. Besides, people that can travel alone in OP are rarity, all things considered. We only saw 4. Two of them are logias and use their abillity to travel around (Ace and Aokiji), Kuma teleports around, and as for Mihawk, it's still unknown.

My guess of what has happened with Jimbei is following. We don't know if he had to leave his entire crew. We only saw a relatively small number of fishmen with Arlong.
Seeing how unpopular Shichibukai became after their naming, and were called as Goverment dogs by other pirates, it's a real possibility that some of their crew members simply left their crews.
It isn't impossible that some of the Shichibukai were actually forced to work for WG, or had peace treaties with them.

Dice
September 24, 2008, 06:04 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking Razh. Especially for a fishman it must be hard to work for humans.
I think it would be strange if they had to abadon their crews, too.
And isn't the peace treatie a normal condition if you become a shichibukai? Though I completly agree on the "were forced to"-part. A good candidate would be Kuma I think but that's just a guess.

And there is one more person who is able to travel alone: Enel^^

Razh
September 24, 2008, 06:14 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking Razh. Especially for a fishman it must be hard to work for humans.
I think it would be strange if they had to abadon their crews, too.
And isn't the peace treatie a normal condition if you become a shichibukai? Though I completly agree on the "were forced to"-part. A good candidate would be Kuma I think but that's just a guess.

What I meant was if Jimbei became a Shichibukai to protect Fishman Island.

And there is one more person who is able to travel alone: Enel^^

lol :amuse

Onomatopoeia
September 24, 2008, 08:00 PM
Moria told Kuma to tell the WG that Luffy was now part of his army. And the Zombies followed Moria's commands. Thats a crew to me, a rather large crew but a crew none the less. Unless were going to argue about semantics and how crew is not an army.

And Van Augers line was a mistranslation, what he should have said was this.

Van Auger: I had always thought the Power Users were a brittle lot,
over-relying on their Powers and helpless without them.
But I see that when it comes to Whitebeard's own battle commander...
The man excels in basic battle ability as well...!!!
Today brings us yet another branch...
On the path of fate...

Anyways Sichi's can have crews, whether they have need of them or keep them is the real question.

SOmething always bothered me about Jimbea.
It's this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/69/07/) thats always bothered me really. I don't believe it's a translation error, so why in the world did he leave Arlong behind...

paradoxe
September 25, 2008, 07:22 AM
Yer, Ononmatopeia said what I was gonna say.

Even if you don't count Moria's zombies as part of his crew, Absolom, Perona and the Doc should definitely count, no?

shoe
September 26, 2008, 12:11 PM
SOmething always bothered me about Jimbea.
It's this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/69/07/) thats always bothered me really. I don't believe it's a translation error, so why in the world did he leave Arlong behind...

all the sources I read stated that he "was equal to jimbei" which is open to much more interpretation than that translation is. For instance, it could mean that he was equal in some sort of tibal fishman hierarchy, or that they were equal like buggy and shanks were before they parted ways (the grandline does make you stronger than east blue), or it could simply mean that jimbei is super weak, I don't know. but I would assume that "as strong as" isn't quite a correct translation.

Onomatopoeia
September 26, 2008, 07:53 PM
THat was never said in that panel...

What I mean is that "Jinbei left some monsters in the East Blue Sea in exchange for becoming one of the Seven Warlords"
their is some small translations in here that are wrong but overall it still has the exact same meaning. So why did Jinbei have to leave Arlong behind in order to become a Sichi?

Darek Khort
September 26, 2008, 10:08 PM
I'm assuming that was simply because Arlong probably didn't want to co-operate with humans. He despises humans. I doubt he'd work with the WG.
Jinbei probably had to kick him out of the crew in order to continue on because Arlong probably had a following of human-despisers who disagreed with Jinbei becoming a Shichibukai.

rhysno1
November 22, 2008, 04:49 PM
Macro's crew certainly has the tattoo but Tom's tattoo doesnt look like a sun at all. It looks more like a sunflower with sharingan dot (forgot what theyre called) around it.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/353/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/492/08/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/492/06/
If that is indeed their logo then they were a big pirate crew once or maybe still is.

i think there called tomoe and by the way did any1 else notice the tatoo on gyaros arm
[hr]
heres my theory of their positions in the crew
captain: fisher tiger(deceased)
replacement captain: jimbei
first mate: arlong
cook: hatchan
shipwright: tom
assistant shipwright: kaneshiro
infantry: macro, gyaro, kuroobi,
sniper: chew
musician: pisaro

ofcourse im very exited as id imagine there would be a lot of older members

Kaiser Will
November 22, 2008, 09:59 PM
Now that you show this pic from Tom, i noticed that actually may have another fish men pirate crew, or something like that, because Tom's tattoo is certainlly not a sun!

Well, we know that Fisher Tiger create the Sunny Pirates, after he freed a lot of fish men slaves in Marie Joies, but after that others fish men created anothers pirate crew.

There's one thing that I really wanna know. Why WG make a fish men Shichibukai after the incident with Fisher Tiger!

Fox666
November 22, 2008, 10:54 PM
There's one thing that I really wanna know. Why WG make a fish men Shichibukai after the incident with Fisher Tiger!The government look for power/influence when choosing a pirate. So:
- He need enough power to scary the pirates of the world;
- It will keep the Yonkou sit;

Surely Doflamingo hadn't 340 million belli bounty for good, and Kuma was know for crushing anyone who step in his way... Jimbei isn't different.

Kaiser Will
November 23, 2008, 12:02 PM
Ilovefoxes (brasileiros falando em ingles :p) I understand the criteria for chosing a Shichibukai, but I can't just understand, its just like give the position to Rayleigh the legendary first mate of Gol D Roger, assuming that Jimbei was the first mate of Fisher Tiger, do you see my point.

Fox666
November 23, 2008, 09:58 PM
Giving the position to Rayleigh is even better, since could break the dream of the new pirates... =P

bittman
November 23, 2008, 10:10 PM
Didn't someone shoot down Tom even being related given the timeline? If he built Roger's ship 20+ years ago, Boa would have escaped at 15 and would now be 35+. As interesting as a toy boy relationship is, kind of sounds un-Oda-like with his love of young women.

Most likely, Arlong was never close to first mate. It is more likely comparable to placing Buggy as first mate because he also made a pirate crew years later.

rhysno1
December 21, 2008, 07:54 AM
hmm im sure arlong was jimbeis first mate or something close to that level becuase he has sad that he was jimbies equal

Sachsenhesse
December 27, 2008, 12:27 PM
hmm im sure arlong was jimbeis first mate or something close to that level becuase he has sad that he was jimbies equal

that can mean many things, maybe its like with whitebeards commanders, that arlong and jimbei were commanders over a ship from fisher tigers fleet

rhysno1
December 27, 2008, 07:22 PM
i dont think that the sun pirates had division becuase ive seen there ship and it doesnt look big and i doubt there are enough pirate fishmen and i wouldnt refer to the sun pirates as a fleet

Akainu
December 28, 2008, 06:24 AM
we simply don't know whether they had divisions or not.
to only see one ship isn't exactly what I'd call evidence because - you see - WB has divisions and we only saw one ship of his fleet...

however even if it were not divisions there must have been some kind of hierarchy among the fishmen even if it was not a formal one and despite Jimbei and Arlong fighting side by side I don't think that they were that much equal (in fact they rather remind me of Buggy and Shanks/Luffy but that might be because Arlong too was a relatively early opponent).