PDA

View Full Version : Complete Island by Youn In Wan & Yang Kyung Il

silverado
August 05, 2006, 03:46 AM
Here's another badass manhwa.

http://i3.tinypic.com/23mvlso.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/23mvdea.jpg

You can get it here http://silverado.mindwerks.net/mubannerad-c.png (http://silverado.mindwerks.net/?p=80#more-80)

Summary from TOKYOPOP:Cheju Island is a tourist spot off the coast of Korea. With 45 giant Tolharubang statues erected around the island, Cheju is a land out of time. Like the Moai of Easter Island, the origins of the Tolharubangs remain shrouded in mystery. But locals believe the statues are guardians from evil spirits - demons that devour human souls.

Miho has no time for superstitions. She came to Cheju Island to begin a new life and work as a teacher. But nothing prepared this rich daddy's girl - who's been coddled all her life - for what she finds upon her arrival - the body of a young woman, mauled almost beyond recognition. Old myths and superstitions prove deadly and real in a killer who is something less than human.

No Tolharubang can save her, and Miho escapes with her life only by virtue of help from the mysterious Pan. With a stone cold, icy stare, he walks among monsters with no fear, and kills with ease. A guardian of a different sort, maybe ... but, is he a hero or an even greater monster?

In a world where everything Miho knew to be true is false; where the shadows kill and demons walk the Earth ... she may ultimately learn that the purest evil resides in the heart of man.
silverado

Moved as this is seinen

Kilik
August 06, 2006, 10:46 AM
is there anyway you can upload it as a torrent because I can't seem to get the whole thing downloaded because it times out or by individual volume, the series looks great.

NeoShweaty
August 06, 2006, 11:05 AM
there's always irc, i guess.

Kilik
August 06, 2006, 12:16 PM
thanks, I totally forgot to check lurk -.-'d

silverado
August 06, 2006, 03:46 PM
You can check lurk but it's actually pretty easy to download. just click on download page, no image verification needed.

silverado

eternalmetal
October 16, 2007, 10:15 PM
I know this thread is old, but good manhwa titles are still good, no matter how old.

I would like to download this, but I dont know where to find it. If someone can help me, I would appreciate it.

Nami
October 19, 2007, 12:19 PM
You can try Mangatraders (www.mangatraders.com) for this, or even Lurk (www.gotlurk.net) for the bot links (from IRC).
I remembered trying out this series because it is done by the same guys who did Shin Angyo Onshi, and has never regret reading it. And the best part is, it's a short series and completed! Hope you like it too. :amuse

GantzerVSNightmare
October 21, 2007, 02:53 PM
yeah it's a completed Manhwa !! about a serial killer , monsters and a rookie Teacher !! real good !

angsana
October 23, 2007, 08:13 AM
You can try Mangatraders (www.mangatraders.com) for this, or even Lurk (www.gotlurk.net) for the bot links (from IRC).
I remembered trying out this series because it is done by the same guys who did Shin Angyo Onshi, and has never regret reading it. And the best part is, it's a short series and completed! Hope you like it too. :amuse

aaaaaaah, now that you mentioned it, i really regret not picking it up when i saw it published years ago. hicks.

thanks for the link, but its now changed to mangarun.com

erikrhys
November 28, 2007, 09:28 PM
dude i love this manga, it is sooooo good, also it's really bloody ^-^ Highly recommend this to anyone who hasnt seen it.

eni
November 30, 2008, 10:34 AM
*sticks*

Our featured 'complete series' for December. Check out this great Manhwa :amuse

Unholy
December 02, 2008, 10:03 PM
Very good series, to bad the ending is such a let down, it looks like the manga was canceled or something and they had to rush the ending leaving many thing without answer.

The Oni
July 17, 2009, 07:44 AM
Great series :D
btw there's a novel [The Island/ Island: The Novel] by the writer [YOUN In-Wan], which reveals the past stories of the character. But I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help? I really want to read that :(

L0ki
July 17, 2009, 01:28 PM
Looks good

*adds to read list*