PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Vol 13 (Chap 101-109) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

KaNx
September 03, 2008, 10:47 AM
Chpater 101 of Fairy Tail is out! Check it out here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38185)!

As usual, go ahead discuss and predict the latest chapter of Fairy Tail!!!

Wololo
September 03, 2008, 11:06 AM
Is that him? Igneel? Damn I need a trans.

Majek
September 03, 2008, 11:51 AM
DRAGON in action :D I actually like how he's drawn o.ob

Ju-da-su
September 03, 2008, 12:40 PM
Yep, that's Igneel . . . ^_^"

The new chapter is really cool~ Am my guess is Grandine (or however that name is supposed to be spelled) is also a dragon (of light . . . maybe? >_<"). Gosh, can't wait for the next chapter~ XD

Wololo
September 03, 2008, 01:22 PM
Nice, so Mashima did give Igneel the Phantom makeover to change a plushy dragon into a dangerous monster.

Now that's a way to roast a fish.

Edit:
Things are heating up. The third dragonslayer is a girl and she is soon to be introduced if I don't miss my guess and the seven (I assume that's their number) dragons play a mysterious game whith their dragonslayers as chessfigures. I'm still undecided whether the dragonslayers are supposed to fight each other in some kind of battle royale or whether they are to fight some even more powerful enemy like an evil dragon or something.

As for predictions: Well the obligatory farewell/end of adventure party and the return to the guild hq where Natsu gets promoted to S-class. Oh and I predict that Geezer.

Stop
September 03, 2008, 05:25 PM
Man I got chills from Igneel

Searinghawk
September 03, 2008, 06:14 PM
Man, I have to say Igneel was badass in that chapter, especially on pages 10-11 when he's shouting his name. Really hope to see more dragons and/or dragonslayers very soon.

Anyway, if Natsu doesn't get S-class mage after this, I'll really annoyed. Seriously, he defeated one of the Ten Holy Great Mages (Gerard/Sieglein), ate Aetherion (probably the most powerful magic) and lived, rescued Erza, and survived in the end. Now if that isn't enough to be an S-Class mage, I don't know what is.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next chapter.

Krisel
September 03, 2008, 07:24 PM
Omg...Jerald...I feel bad about Jerald.And i knew it,from the first moment i heard Zeref's name,that he was the real antagonist.See,even the dragons are afraid of him dmnit.
*Lucy looks dmn **** on the cover,DMN U MASHIMA-SENSEI!

fistsofrage
September 03, 2008, 09:11 PM
wonder who this wendy is...maybe she's the reason the dragons went into hiding that fateful day.

Natsu Dragonil
September 04, 2008, 07:00 AM
well nice chapter not one of the best but quite good.
imo igneel isnt hiding or afraid of zeref i mean he told grandine that he gave the order that nobody should interfer with humans.si ithink zeref is only a part of the story besides something big going on.
grandint told ogneel something about a child and to trust human with power maybe that means that they need the dragonslayers for something.
maybe there is war between the dragons and wendy is one of the opposite party of igneel that will meet natsu one day.

Wololo
September 04, 2008, 09:24 AM
I would bet quite a lot that Wendy is the third dragonslayer, the one Grandine, the dragon of light or whatever she's supposed to be, picked up.
That child they are talking about is Natsu, there's no doubt of that.

kurohegev2
September 04, 2008, 09:50 PM
hmm natsu becoming an S-class mage... I kinda doubt that will ever happen(Mostly because he does too much damage during his missions). As for Igneel being the badass, maybe he is just being grumpy. Well now I am only interested in the dragon king festival.. it might just be the next big event that will turn up the heat!

keater
September 05, 2008, 05:45 PM
If Natsu actually becomes a S-class mage it'll be two fast forward... Probably at the end of the series...
But Igneel is totally badass I hope we see more of him. And no I think that the shiny thingy is just bugging Igneel with the festival and all that talk.

Wololo
September 06, 2008, 05:12 AM
come on, Erza is S-Class and so are that pitter-patter-rainy-day-girl and Gazille. It's not all that special. Natsu in dragon-mode is easily on Erza's level and she's still far below the other S-Class guys in FT. As for his destructiveness, does anyone honestly think the people in FT care about that?

Networks
September 06, 2008, 09:59 PM
A boring chapter, igneel looks like bad

Koen
September 07, 2008, 07:01 AM
Yep chapter wasn't that good. But can someone refresh a bit my mind about igneel since I think I lost some important information. Sorry... (reads too much)

Networks
September 07, 2008, 11:00 AM
Yep chapter wasn't that good. But can someone refresh a bit my mind about igneel since I think I lost some important information. Sorry... (reads too much)

Igneel is the dragon who take cares of Natsu, and a day he vanished

Shiro-kun
September 07, 2008, 05:53 PM
I finally got time to read the chapter...

It was a good chapter, we got to see Igneel and some odd thing talking to each other, and potential future enemy/or rival named Wendy.

and
So Gerald sacrificed himself instead of Erza? and were still going on basis that he was being controlled by Zeref..

Quetz
September 09, 2008, 01:00 PM
Thank god this chapter explained the lolmagic that saved erza in the last chapters. Good to know that there was more to it than natsu being 'determined to save her'...

KaNx
September 10, 2008, 09:59 AM
Chapter 102 of Fairy Tail is out! Check it out here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38692)!

slippy
September 10, 2008, 03:11 PM
erza's tits look like they grew on page 6 - no complaints, good chapter

LoS
September 10, 2008, 03:32 PM
I can't say I did not see this coming. I knew Zeref had to make some appearance one way or another.

What shocked me was how evil and involved Urtear was.

What I do not understand is who is Urtear talking to, and what key to the seal did that person get? Seal to his resting place...

Asva
September 10, 2008, 03:46 PM
I knew it! It's so classic! Zeref ain't dead, he was sealed...And now he needs some help to revive...Very classic.
(Let me guess yet again... The one who sealed Zeref in the first place was someone who used to be fire dragon slayer and Zeref is going to be revivd then our youngeis Fairy tail and Salamander going to beat him into the abyss)

tars
September 10, 2008, 03:49 PM
Maybe Zeref is in a differrent dimension or something like that. And he can't come back because of the 'seal' they were talking about so he's trying to get rid of the seal.

But if Zeref wasn't killed then why do people believe that he's dead? Couldn't the people who sealed him have warned others that he's just sealed and not dead so the future generation could get ready for his return or something?

LoS
September 10, 2008, 04:35 PM
If you sealed the most evil/dangerous mage of all time why would you want news getting out about how he was sealed or even where he was sealed? That just allows others who are seeking power the opportunity to go searching for him and setting him free.

It would be stupid if it was common sense that he was sealed in a slumber in some known location.

descendant
September 10, 2008, 04:42 PM
woHoo the fireworks is beautiful! hiro mashima sure is creative in designing the fireworks isn't it
anyway i can't find those people with the number 1 - 8 in the manga, i bet they're drawn so damn small that i can't see it

so Urtear being the actual bad girl and zeref is with her is unexpected.
is that crystal like thing zeref.. could zeref actually had fused himself in aetherion long long time ago and lives in that aetherion?

owh wait i just noticed in the end that urtear said that zeref is merely sleeping somewhere so the crystal thing talking to her is not zeref
so what the hell is that crystal thing

bittman
September 10, 2008, 06:20 PM
Not a majorly complex development. In fact, unlike excellent developments, this one only popped up in the space of the chapter. Even if you look back through the other chapters, there are really no hints of this which makes it feel more like the author now coming up with the next plot as an afterthought.

Not complaining, the artwork and chapter was brilliant, but unless it does the above it will never be One Piece (which is the style it seems to have).

D3v
September 10, 2008, 07:09 PM
Hm a boring first half with an interesting last part. I liked the Erza arc but it was getting a bit too cheezy for my liking so I am glad that its over. Urtear being the bad girl came as a welcome surprise since she showed a lot of mysterious power in the Gray's arc when frustrating Natsu so I wanted to see more of her.

I kinda agree with what someone said about the possibility of Natsu's true power being one of the keys to "wake" Zeref. That was the only accomplishment of the whole Gerrard fiasco from the "bad guys" point of view so it kinda makes sense considering Urtear's words in the last few panels. I just hope the whole storyline picks up some speed now. The scenes towards the end of the Erza's arc were nice though but its time to get out of the whole emotional trap.

Rock Lobster
September 10, 2008, 08:24 PM
Not a bad chapter, just a little predictable. I wonder, who the voice is, maybe it was Grandine again, although I doubt it.
On a separate note, looks like Hiro snuck in some Rave characters, Julia and Elie were on the bottom panel of page 2, and Musica was on the right of the top panel on page 3. My, predictions for next chapter are the return to Fairy Tail and likely some filler for the chapter after that.

Shadowriver
September 10, 2008, 08:43 PM
Yea it's looks like theres someone else that started Zangef revive idea and Urtear is only a pawn, same as Gerard was pawn of Urtear. About Zangef seal thing :p it remind me Lord Voldermort (you know from which book ^^), he also was suppose to be dead at beginning, but it end up to be sealed (by himself btw ;p).

Personally i can't wait when Gray meets Urtear :>

descendant
September 10, 2008, 11:28 PM
yeah Gray vs Urtear
and Natsu vs Zeref

personally i don't like the emo/soft Erza :p

Shiro-kun
September 11, 2008, 12:36 AM
It was a good not so bad chapter,
I like emoitions shown in this chapter, but im starting to get tired of it but it was a satisfying end toErza's arc.
and
Wow talk about being used, Gerald was just used like a fricken puppet.But Urtear wow she has a dark personality to whom she was talking to is beyond me, it could be a completely new character or it could be that "Wendy" although i doubt (right now) it is.

LoS
September 11, 2008, 01:12 AM
ypersonally i don't like the emo/soft Erza :p

The more screen time Erza gets the less and less I like here, the more development her character gets she seems to lose that bad ass edge of hers, and we become introduced to way too many sides of her. I would rather it was kept simple.

Kazi
September 11, 2008, 02:11 AM
i like Erza's development of her character. It's like she has taken off that armor of her and now we can see what is under the hard shell. And this development fits her well. I also liked the "bad ass Erza" and i'm sure we will see this side of her again, but it's good to know that this is not all about her ^^

chapter: was okay, but i hope in the next one will begin the new arc to develop the plot although i really like this peacefully chapters ^^

slippy
September 11, 2008, 02:49 PM
the more serious erza is much better than the emotional one.

Networks
September 11, 2008, 05:48 PM
Another boring chapter, but i always knew about urtear.

Gray VS Urtear and
Natsu VS Zeref

it's so obvious

Raysen_ht
September 12, 2008, 07:40 AM
Chapter was a waist until the last 3-4 pages... but the art of the "waisted" part was beatyfull and the dialogs werent so bad (although im kind of tired of all the emotional stuff)
About Urtear... i didnt see that coming, and i think its great that she is so evil!!

A while ago, i made a prediction that there´s a "dragon war" going on (assuming thats right) she may be talking with a dragon on that cristal thing...

din_84
September 12, 2008, 01:02 PM
hmm...
anyone can find numbermen 1-8?
i can only find no 1,3,4,5, and 8...

Shadowriver
September 12, 2008, 07:12 PM
Another boring chapter, but i always knew about urtear.

Gray VS Urtear and
Natsu VS Zeref

it's so obvious

Yea Gray VS Urtear is pretty predictable, but Natsu VS Zeref not quite yet, theres still things unknown, remember that Untear can be a someones pawn too :p Mashima got lot of space to proof himself here.

Destin82
September 14, 2008, 12:04 AM
I didn't mind these emotional chapters until I started reading this in weekly segments. Pretty uneventful chapter, but next week a new arc should start since that last page was a pretty good close to the Jeral arc.

kat_at_heart
September 14, 2008, 05:06 AM
Wow Urtear being behind all of Gerard craziness was quite a twist.
Zeref being sealed away is somewhat predictable but leads me to think that maybe it was the dragons that did it, or maybe he created the dragons, or maybe he is a dragon.
Next week I hope we can finally say good bye to this arc and its annoying characters.
oooo and hopefully Luvia has joined fairytail and will be part of fairytail's "strongest team".

Onomatopoeia
September 15, 2008, 01:58 PM
I personally liked this chapter, it was a good way to put an end to the Erza arc and it included some character develpment for the gang. I can see why people are complaining about the crying but still you've got to remember they haven't met for 8 years and even when they did meet they were enemies. It's not like they had much time to sob when they did find out the truth.

It might seem cliche but this is 8 years of regret,sadness, and of watching friends die. Theirs good reason to start crying, and a send off party like that? It's got to be overwhelming.

Anyways Urtear's "Everything-as-planned" moment was Lulz and a little unbelievable. I honestly can't believe that she'd want to go through all that trouble to get a key. Their are much easier ways to do it that then an over the top strategy. Besides If it took her 8 years to get one key then she's not getting the needed amount any time soon. I'd imagine with a guy like Gerards power their are multiple ways to cause much damage to the council and get similair effects without wasting 8 years.

Honestly the last 3 pages of the chapter was the bad part really.

Destin82
September 16, 2008, 12:31 AM
Anyways Urtear's "Everything-as-planned" moment was Lulz and a little unbelievable. I honestly can't believe that she'd want to go through all that trouble to get a key. Their are much easier ways to do it that then an over the top strategy. Besides If it took her 8 years to get one key then she's not getting the needed amount any time soon. I'd imagine with a guy like Gerards power their are multiple ways to cause much damage to the council and get similar effects without wasting 8 years.

Honestly the last 3 pages of the chapter was the bad part really.

Well. We don't really have too much of an idea what the keys do in particular. I assume release the seal on Zeref. If that's the case I'd assume she'd go through any amount of trouble to get the keys.

Aside from that we don't know how she actually obtained the key, just that she was able to get it through the mass hysteria after firing athereon, and despite how powerful Gerard was, even with Urtear I doubt they could have simply strong armed the council and taken them by force. I might be wrong but I figured the council were all holy mage caliber mages.

Eight years seems like a ridiculous amount of time, but we can't be too sure Urtear (or whomever she's talking to) wasn't busy putting in place scenarios to obtain the other keys.

That said I do agree that it was a bit lulz. I mean, could you really plan something so elaborate as the events that occurred in the Erza arc?

drakend
September 16, 2008, 08:56 AM
Did you realize who was the guy he was talking to in the crystal? I think it's Zeref's soul...

LoS
September 16, 2008, 03:03 PM
Well with all these interesting developments elsewhere we are probably due for a change of pace, it will probably get dull again like waiting around back at Fairy Tail like the old days.

Although, I would very much like to continue seeing these mysterious/powerful characters.

aquavi
September 17, 2008, 09:47 AM
That said I do agree that it was a bit lulz. I mean, could you really plan something so elaborate as the events that occurred in the Erza arc?

Yes. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosRoulette) All it takes is a criminal master mind (read: a good chess player) and knowledge of how people simply are, and you to can play a good game of roulette. Gerard did... up until the end there.

Onomatopoeia
September 17, 2008, 02:25 PM
Except you know Urtear suddenly appeared in the R Tower and then went up to the exact floor she needed at the exact time she needed and chose the perfect person for her plans, right?

The power of her Plot Magic is strong.

As for the last part it's a trope that alone should say it all. Also read the rest of the page, it pretty much says that what she did was completely ridiculous and shouldn't have done it unless she had pre-cog. This is not a gambit, this is a Roulette which means she took credit for what happened despite not having any clue whether any of those things would happen and that about 4/5 of the plan was all luck.

aquavi
September 17, 2008, 03:31 PM
That's more or less what I said. >_> Regardless of whether or not you believe it (and maybe she does have pre-cog, or some form of it) it is a roulette, and considering Mashima is layering it on top of Gerard's (which is also pushing believability, for the same reasons really) good chance we'll get a thirty pile-up too...

manganimetrix
September 18, 2008, 02:01 AM
one qüestion:
Does Fairy tail go out this week?

xD my english is painful jaajaj XD

Kazi
September 18, 2008, 02:48 AM
one qüestion:
Does Fairy tail go out this week?

xD my english is painful jaajaj XD

erm, no ^^ ... Rena-Chan is only a bit late
see here (http://eternal-rena.livejournal.com/13487.html) to get more information ^^

manganimetrix
September 18, 2008, 05:47 AM
Thanks a lot :D
mm.. wednesday....XD or tuesday XDD

^^

Kazi
September 18, 2008, 06:12 AM
totally forgot, there is also another article:
http://eternal-rena.livejournal.com/15124.html

Rena Chan
September 18, 2008, 09:00 AM
I was wondering if people were checking my journal ;)

KaNx
September 18, 2008, 11:17 AM
Chapter 103 of Fairy Tail is out! Check it out here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39250)!

Wololo
September 18, 2008, 11:33 AM
So Gazille joined up as well, didn't expect that.
I found it a bit weird how classy and professional Fairy Tail had become at first, but the brawl put me at ease again.

As for prediction, well let's wait for cnet or whoever translates it

Majek
September 18, 2008, 12:25 PM
Boring chapter. I want a new adventure and fast ;_; :D

Wololo
September 18, 2008, 12:49 PM
Boring chapter. I want a new adventure and fast ;_; :D

Next chapter will be the start of the new adventure for sure....or not

edit: hmm I predict a guild ranking of various top guilds in the world and a flashback arc to how Natsu and Happy met. Cause that's the only friendship I can think of when I read "Best Friend"

Onomatopoeia
September 18, 2008, 03:26 PM
Looks like the Fairy Tail Guild is back and better then ever ^^

As for Lluvia and Gazille, well we all knew that Lluvia would have to join the guild sooner or later to stay with Gray-sama. As for Gazille I always thought that he might become a good guy after the very end where Natsu and him had a talk about their dragons but I never thought that he would join the guild, ah well it's still pretty cool.

Pirulito
September 18, 2008, 04:14 PM
We see Igneel recently and a name of a possible dragon slayer user pops up. Now we see two dragon slayer users in same guild.

Oh, dragon arc (or something like that), arrives soon.

The chapter was good. I like these moments on Fairy Tail Guild.

Kazi
September 18, 2008, 04:52 PM
i like this kind of chapter too, although i want the story go on ^^'
but luvia was cute~ ... also mira-chan :amuse

the next chapters sounds like a sidestory oO

D3v
September 18, 2008, 05:49 PM
It was a blandish chapter but the fight at the end made it worth it. I personally didn't like the fact that gazille joined the guild. He was directly involved in the attack and did it with a lot of personal malice as obvious from all his dialogues in those chapters. Yeah he is probably not a bad guy but still he does not belong there for sure. But I guess he is there because the dragon arc is about to start and I am guessing he will be the one who gets killed in that. I am actually hoping that he gets killed and adds something to the storyline rather than taking "screen time" away from the current characters in the guild.

Networks
September 19, 2008, 09:36 PM
Boring chapter (but, i quite fun)

Gazille = Vegeta

Enemy who become friend

I guess, in the Fairy Tail there waren't too much wizards, right?

EL_manana
September 21, 2008, 09:49 AM
I like Gazille's character design but it is still hard to believe that he could have been accepted so easily. Lluvia was not so bad from the very beginning- she didn't mean hurting Fairy Tail and gave up pretty fast and then helped Erza and co a lot. But Gazille laughed at crushing Fairy Tail, tormented Lucy cruelly and I could see a serious murder intent and bloody joy in him not just following orders as they said and now he is sitting at the same table as the others. Strange and Wrong.
Well, I am not so much against it. After all, Lluvia irritates me much more. Though the scene where the table was thrown into her and she didn't even pay attention to it, keeping on listening to Mira- that was hilarious!

D3v
September 21, 2008, 01:39 PM
Hehe what is it about Lluvia that infuriates you so much? I personally find her character kinda cute and she is probably one of the least irritating characters in the series so far. Gazille ticks me off for the reasons already mentioned, specially now that he is being portrayed as some sort of Gray like rival for Natsu. Lluvia was extremely polite and non threatening from the very start even when her mission was to capture Lucy. She has a thing for Gray and has helped out the guild even before joining it so she definitely has a million times more right than Gazille to stay in the guild.

EL_manana
September 21, 2008, 02:36 PM
I agree with you- Lluvia has more right to stay in the guild than Gazille. In fact I was quite surprised when Natsu said smth like "you are a big teddy bear inside" to Gazille after defeating him in the grand battle. I can understand that the loss of Metalicana was hard for him, but him enjoying beating defenceless Lucy, throwing kunais at her was a bit too much. And about rivalry... well, I guess Natsu will do a good job arguing with both of them from time to time.^^
And Lluvia.... I just don't like her character. I can't even form it in words, but there is smth about her that just doesn't feel right. I don't see any sort of originality in her. She is strong and cute and her "true friendship" point- nothing special. Except for her love for Gray- that's a good comedy sometimes. Well, it's all right if she doesn't enter the main team. I just don't like new characters entering the main team we knew and supported for so long in general. That's why I disliked her in Erza's ark. I remember it was the same with One Piece. I totally love five Strawhats who joined the crew first before the Grand Line and it is hard for me to develop any emotions for the rest of the team.

D3v
September 21, 2008, 03:45 PM
Oh I agree completely with you on that part. I also prefer to keep the original team at the center of focus. Some new characters every now and then are fine and I like their introduction in the story as long as they are not taking the focus away from the team we have known and loved for so long. That is also one of the reason I didn't like Gazille's induction in the guild so I guess we do have similar reasons for not liking the new recruits hehe. :)

Just that I think Lluvia's character is not very likely to take centerstage unless Gray falls for her. She will keep on popping here and there for comedy value and some support in battles, and that is fine with me. But that doesn't seem very likely to be the case with Gazille since the dragon arc is starting so I guess I should hope to at least get a reason to not hate him now.

Destin82
September 21, 2008, 07:55 PM
Can't believe they would really allow the guy who did this.

http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000022/00000047/21.jpg

To join Fairy Tail. It seems a little strange to say the least. In particular how would Jet, Droy, and Levi feel about it. It wasn't Jose's orders either, Gazille did that attack on his own accord.

With everything in mind, dragon slayer magic will probably become very central to the plot (more so than it already is) though I hope we find out more about Mist Gun, Gildartz, and Luxus before we get another arc featuring a lot of Gazille. Also I really hope they don't allow either Gazille or Jubia to take any second floor assignments if they're not letting Natsu and Grey take them yet.

I did enjoy the chapter though.
[hr]

Just that I think Lluvia's character is not very likely to take centerstage unless Gray falls for her.

She and Lucy did some pretty powerful combination attack together. If anybody was likely to become the sixth member at this point, I think it would be her.

KaNx
September 22, 2008, 09:38 AM
A LQ CAM RAW of Fairy Tail is out! Get it here:

LQ CAM RAW

Sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/ypvyrz) || Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/147428708/Fairy_Tail_104_Raw.zip)

We will wait for a better RAW before putting up the RTS.

Check out the RTS thread here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39759)

Kazi
September 22, 2008, 09:58 AM
This chapters looks really ... erm ... freaky?! xD
but yeah, erza and lucy in a rabbit costume ... and gazille wtf?! Does he sing "I'm a lone ranger" or what?

At the end it seems like we will get to Lucys arc ... could this person be her father?

LoS
September 22, 2008, 10:46 AM
It seems like just yesterday the last chapter came out.

Hopefully this transitional period is over quickly.

The big question here is who do you think the bum on the last page is? He has tears streaming down his face from looking at all the Fairy Tail guild members, me thinks nostalgia, former member of some sort.

BinCs
September 22, 2008, 11:00 AM
Even without a translation it seems so funny chapter. XD And that reporter Jason is so... cool XD

The big question here is who do you think the bum on the last page is?
Lucy's father. Look at his arm when he stretched hand to grab magazine - he wears same suit as Lucy's father. Oh, and he's pronounced Lucy's name on the last page.

Wololo
September 22, 2008, 11:03 AM
I lol'd. Miria getting crucified so Gazille can take the stage.

Helltroll
September 22, 2008, 03:15 PM
Wow..i didn't even when I alst saw a RAW this early.
Oh well...fanservcie rocks :)

Kshunsui
September 22, 2008, 03:45 PM
The death of Lucy's mom maybe is related with the disappearance of the dragons, maybe and dragon arc is comming

Kazi
September 22, 2008, 03:52 PM
why should the dragon arc come, when we see a man with tears as he looks on lucys photo?

well i mean, you can't relate all to the dragon arc, i think we have to wait a little longer and first there will be a "Lucy Arc" ^.-

Big Al
September 22, 2008, 05:33 PM
Huh???? It way too early to get raw on Monday...though it come out on every Wednesday???

Well anyway, about this chapter...WTF O_o Gazille on the stage and he...has Natsu mess up his head pretty bad in the last fight or what? And that bum guy...don't think he's Lucy father cuz last we saw him, he's bloody rich, how the hell he become a bum now? But then again, he do look alike cuz of his noise.

heero13
September 22, 2008, 05:52 PM
looks like an awesome chapter with some fanservice

Pirulito
September 22, 2008, 06:20 PM
Lucy in fanservice mode is irritanting ever.

Rena Chan
September 23, 2008, 08:05 AM
Uhh...better quality raw is not going to be out until Thursday.

http://eternal-rena.livejournal.com/16216.html

*slaps Japan for having so many holidays*

http://gojapan.about.com/cs/japaneseholidays/a/holidaycalendar.htm

Not even Singapore gets that many holidays. Japan practically has a holiday almost every month. Bleh.

rose
September 23, 2008, 02:03 PM
And that bum guy...don't think he's Lucy father cuz last we saw him, he's bloody rich, how the hell he become a bum now? But then again, he do look alike cuz of his noise.

Maybe it's an uncle or something... But it's possible something bad happened to the business and the father is completely broke now.

Big Al
September 24, 2008, 04:40 AM
That what I was thinking of, her uncle is may be the one.

Yes, her father business could goes FUBAR and become a bum but it too soon cuz he look like he haven't shave for quite few months or year. My guess from the manga, from between the timeline from where we first saw him to nowadays is no more than a month or two. So it cannot be her father.

If it is her father, when we find out next week, I'll kick my balls for be wrong, lol.

Kshunsui
September 24, 2008, 02:43 PM
why should the dragon arc come, when we see a man with tears as he looks on lucys photo?

well i mean, you can't relate all to the dragon arc, i think we have to wait a little longer and first there will be a "Lucy Arc" ^.-

the same day that Lucy's mother died all the dragons disappeared , plus the inclusion of gazzile into the guild, plus the dragons (including the one who take care and raise natsu ) talking about the reunion with the Dragon king.:darn

aquavi
September 24, 2008, 04:05 PM
the same day that Lucy's mother died all the dragons disappeared , plus the inclusion of gazzile into the guild, plus the dragons (including the one who take care and raise natsu ) talking about the reunion with the Dragon king.:darn

That still doesn't mean that the next story we're getting into will be about dragons- maybe we'll get some more info on Lucy's mom, which could give us more info for the eventual dragon arc, but I don't expect a dragon arc anytime soon- mostly because it'll mean the series would be kind short. T_T

Networks
September 24, 2008, 06:38 PM
Lucy in fanservice mode is irritanting ever.

Yeah, i guess if you wanna see 'something', read a hentai, if you wanna read a fighting-adventur-action mangá, read a shonen

Uhh...better quality raw is not going to be out until Thursday.

http://eternal-rena.livejournal.com/16216.html

*slaps Japan for having so many holidays*

http://gojapan.about.com/cs/japaneseholidays/a/holidaycalendar.htm

Not even Singapore gets that many holidays. Japan practically has a holiday almost every month. Bleh.

In Brazil, we have holiday every day month (2 or 3). You singaporean are unlucky (talking like a beggar) :darn

din_84
September 24, 2008, 09:37 PM
i wonder how the chinese scanlation can come up very fast despite the raw haven't come up yet.
the manga is from japan right?

Rena Chan
September 25, 2008, 10:17 AM
Ugh...don't tell me about holidays. Living in Singapore generally sucks...too much order...but then it's safe...

As for the Chinese Scanlations, I really have no idea. For me, the shipment generally comes in on the same day as it's released in Japan, unless there is a holiday delaying the shipment. Of course, that Chinese scanlation is considered a speed scan...well, I dunno, really.

P.S. We're going off topic XP

bittman
September 25, 2008, 11:08 PM
Scan is out, poor Lucy. She has some old bum crying over her. Perhaps another Lucy-gets-a-new-key arc? That would kind of suck considering we haven't seen Leo used...at all even...

Kazi
September 26, 2008, 01:16 AM
Perhaps another Lucy-gets-a-new-key arc? That would kind of suck considering we haven't seen Leo used...at all even...

why a new key-arc o.O? There's a old man that cries because of her ... i think it is more over a lucy-and-her-past-arc ...

descendant
September 26, 2008, 02:05 AM
ermm what should i say bout this chapter.... delicious?? :gigglebunny
made me drool all over
i wonder who that old guy would be... so next arc will have lucy as the main focus then?

fizzil
September 26, 2008, 04:20 AM
that guy is Lucy's father based on his lower half face, also it is true that Lucy's mother died in year 777 the same year the dragons disappeared, so there might be a connection.

what if lucy's father was attacked by a guild or something? (maybe even urtear or someone who is connected to Zeref)?

i dont know if this is a possibility, but could lucy's mom used to be a steller spirit or an ex-mage? (speculation :D)

D3v
September 26, 2008, 06:19 AM
Nice fun chapter. I loved how Natsu punched the reporter and he still kept writing in his little notebook lol

I didn't think that the guy at the end can possibly be Lucy's father initially because he seemed too unkempt and old to be the same guy. But after checking out those panels again, I am having some doubts now. He is is wearing a tattered suit (almost the same as the one he was wearing when Lucy went to meet him). He even has a tie which wouldn't be there if he was just some old bum relative of Lucy.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/104/20/

My guess is that he was attacked by Urtear or some dark guild and barely escaped with his life. Next chapter should be interesting.

Oh and I still can't get to Not dislike Gazille. That fscuker should die in a battle to amend for his past.

fizzil
September 26, 2008, 08:08 AM
that man looks old, but that's only cuz u see a beard and trashed clothes.

he is lucy's father...he said her name and cried, and he has the same nose and same clothes although they not in a good shape...guess he got poor or he was attacked and got kicked out of his mansion and lost everything.

EL_manana
September 26, 2008, 10:54 AM
Lucy's father. Obviously. Though it's soooo strange. If one of the richest people in that world looses all his money and becomes a beggar it should reach mass media. And Lucy loves reading and she seems to be well informed about what is going in the world- no way she could have missed it. So it must some kind of a hidden intrigue. But then what if her father was not her real father back then when he treated her so badly? What if him crying now is finally showing his true emotions? What if he was under a dark charm... or it was his clone.... (haha, the theories are so poor^^)
Hm, I don't actually like the fact that their father-daughter relationships can become better. Don't know why...but...
By the way, I didn't know that Lucy's mother has died on the same year as the dragons disappeared. I'd be so glad if she is involved in the dragon's mystery. I like Lucy's character (except when she is behaving too blond like in this chap) so I want her to appear more in major fights.

sakkhar02
September 26, 2008, 11:46 AM
Nice chapter and it seems that a new arc will be starting soon, probably on Lucy as we see some old guy who starts crying after seeing Lucy's face on the magazine (probably her father).

rose
September 26, 2008, 02:04 PM
I was listening to the Beatles while reading this chapter, and "Revolution 1" started playing right before I got to the part where Gazille starts singing, and in the song "shooby-do-ba" is repeated a lot. Wonder if Mashima was taking some more inspiration from the Beatles (he's already said that Lucy's name came from the Beatles...)

Rereading an older chapter, I've got a different theory as to what might happened to the dad (if that IS who the guy at the end is): Lucy was supposed to be married to this guy from a rich family, but what if after Lucy took off again, the guy (or his family) got mad and did something to make the Heartfilia family go bankrupt.

EL_manana
September 26, 2008, 02:15 PM
Rereading an older chapter, I've got a different theory as to what might happened to the dad (if that IS who the guy at the end is): Lucy was supposed to be married to this guy from a rich family, but what if after Lucy took off again, the guy (or his family) got mad and did something to make the Heartfilia family go bankrupt.
Once again, why no media ruckus? her dad looks like he's been eating garbage for a month at least. But do you mean he's been crying because of hatred? Well, that's more like that bastard. That's better.

Onomatopoeia
September 26, 2008, 04:31 PM
Lucy's father was FUBARed really badly if thats him there. Anyways Gazille was pretty cool looking in the white suit.

fizzil
September 26, 2008, 06:05 PM
his crying seemed like cries of sadness and longing for his daughter, and maybe a little happiness that she's doing well and enjoying her life in fairy tail

rose
September 26, 2008, 07:48 PM
Rereading an older chapter, I've got a different theory as to what might happened to the dad (if that IS who the guy at the end is): Lucy was supposed to be married to this guy from a rich family, but what if after Lucy took off again, the guy (or his family) got mad and did something to make the Heartfilia family go bankrupt.Once again, why no media ruckus? her dad looks like he's been eating garbage for a month at least. But do you mean he's been crying because of hatred? Well, that's more like that bastard. That's better.

That's why I'm still sticking by my theory that's it an uncle or something. It's still also possible that the other family paid the news media to keep things silent. But my main theory is still that it's an uncle.

fizzil
September 26, 2008, 08:10 PM
my little brother thinks he might be a family relative, such as Lucy's grandfather or uncle

Shadowriver
September 26, 2008, 10:20 PM
He don't even need to be related to Lucy family i think :p since mother is related to dragons her child might have some impotence to the world and this guy can be some middle-man in dragons mystery :p

descendant
September 26, 2008, 10:31 PM
i think it's lucy's father
i bet urtear tore down lucy's mansion and built her home on the land :P
there's something hidden bout lucy's or her family background especially the family's name.. heartphilia
in chapter 68, her father wants her to get married and have a son to continue the family name
but if lucy were to get married then won't she have to change her name according to her husband's name??

Onomatopoeia
September 27, 2008, 01:22 PM
Lucy is the equivalent of Elie in a lot of ways so theirs probablly more to it then she has a rich family. Some sort of mysery will soon be revealed.

Networks
September 27, 2008, 02:38 PM
Finally a good chapter of FT

I guess he's a relative, too

As for the Chinese Scanlations, I really have no idea. For me, the shipment generally comes in on the same day as it's released in Japan, unless there is a holiday delaying the shipment. Of course, that Chinese scanlation is considered a speed scan...well, I dunno, really.

The chinese have some frinds subscribier in Japan and he take pics/scan for their friends, i guess

The thread is getting bigger

KaNx
September 30, 2008, 03:36 AM

LQ CAM RAW ~Thanks to Heiji sama @ RitualScanForge~

Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=LP058UT8) || Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/149612118/Fairy105.zip) || DDL (http://www.raw-paradise.com/Ritual/Chapitres/Fairy105.zip)

Check out the RTS thread here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40296)

Kazi
September 30, 2008, 03:50 AM
Gazille protecting someone? o_O
what's up?

Wololo
September 30, 2008, 04:41 AM
So, is it time for a little house cleaning inside of Fairy Tail? Luxus seems like he wants to massacre all the trashes in Fairy Tail. He kinda reminded me of Agon there. If he does I guess Makarov will be forced to cast him out.

Can't wait for Natsu to fight him, of course Natsu will lose, but it surely will be kickass.

Rena Chan
September 30, 2008, 07:22 AM
Once again...the better raw will be delayed (again) m(_ _)m

http://eternal-rena.livejournal.com/17286.html

Uhh...yeah...this time, it's because of a holiday here...not in Japan...

How come LQ cam raws are suddenly popping up so fast...and WSM isn't even released in Japan yet? Inside info? Shops selling their copies early?

Ju-da-su
September 30, 2008, 09:38 AM
I guess it's the same as WSJ . . . just that . . . for WSM, it's one day(?) earlier while WSJ is actually 2-3 days. >_<"

Just my guess though . . . I mean, I don't know the release date of weekly magazine since all I have in my brain are those for monthly and beyond. >_<"

Natsu Dragonil
September 30, 2008, 01:14 PM
hi,
man this chapter really rules completely.
how long does it take to translate it?
i really want to know now why Luxus is so damn pissed and angry.

Wololo
September 30, 2008, 01:33 PM
depends on when cnet has time. Often it's done within 24 hours.

Onomatopoeia
September 30, 2008, 02:32 PM
Luxus has an interesting past I'm sure, just can't think of one.

fizban
September 30, 2008, 08:16 PM
I can't help but sympathize with Luxus a little bit. That afro gorilla man seemed pretty annoying, and that is more than enough reason to electrocute every person there

mashimashilove
September 30, 2008, 08:42 PM
I can't help but sympathize with Luxus a little bit. That afro gorilla man seemed pretty annoying, and that is more than enough reason to electrocute every person there

If he wouldn't have, who would've? WHO?! :s

Luxus needs to stay away from Jubia though.

Destin82
September 30, 2008, 11:06 PM
At least Luxus isn't the one dimensional arrogant mage I thought he was for a while. Glad to see him show some emotion. Hopefully once this chapter gets scanlated we'll be able to find out what made him snap.

Helltroll
October 01, 2008, 12:08 PM
A new character, Gazille and his relations with the guild and Luxus seem to set things of for an interesting chapter maybe with hints at future conflicts...

btw: I saw a Monsterhunt Request on the side board and if this is a hint at Monster Hunter Orage I want cookies :)

chihoho
October 02, 2008, 04:52 AM
i think he's pist that lower class mage could go to the second floor. Which was first reserverd for the s rank mages. But what a upturn that gazille atcually protceded Lévi McGarden. Smell love

aquavi
October 02, 2008, 01:29 PM
FH's scanlation is out (but it's missing a few pages) and it seems that Gazille is just trying to fit in and that Luxus doesn't enjoy being in a guild with a bad reputation... it also seems to be that he's under the impression that's he's entitled to inherit it (or at least that's how I interpreted it) and that he wants reform the guild.

Or something. I sort of like where this is going, even though I'm not sure I know where this is going.

Patta
October 02, 2008, 01:55 PM
A way too great chapter and I really begin to like Gazille. I wonder where this bad reputation of FT thing will lead Luxus to.

Wololo
October 02, 2008, 02:13 PM
Like I said Luxus does house cleaning Agon-style

roku-sky
October 02, 2008, 02:50 PM
lol, Gazille took a job to teach at a magic school for kids??

D3v
October 02, 2008, 03:22 PM
What pages is the MF scan missing? I didn't feel any discontinuity there :/

I liked the chapter. Luxus kicks some ass and shows some personality. I guess he is gonna try to shake things up in the guild and get into a one-on-one fight with someone (most probably Natsu). He would go too far and will probably be at the verge of killing him when the old man will intervene and kick him out. Then he will join the dark side by joining one of those rogue guilds, thus creating that fallen knight character (he was no Knight to begin with though but he was still on the right side). At least thats what I think the story is heading towards.

Gazille earned some brownie points in this chapter. I still don't like him but I guess I can live with him being in the guild as long as he is not stealing too much attention (and is killed sometime soon :P)

onno
October 02, 2008, 04:01 PM
i think that this thing abot internal conflict is goin to be pretty cool.
wish mistgun apears using his magic.

Onomatopoeia
October 02, 2008, 04:45 PM
I wonder what the Disco dude said, he seemed pretty annoying the first place...

drakend
October 02, 2008, 04:57 PM
Well Gerard was one of the great mages and he was OWNED by Natsu, so I don't see why Luxus should be such a threat. If Natsu manages to stabilize that level of power Luxus wouldn't stand a chance.

D3v
October 02, 2008, 05:32 PM
Well Gerard was one of the great mages and he was OWNED by Natsu, so I don't see why Luxus should be such a threat. If Natsu manages to stabilize that level of power Luxus wouldn't stand a chance.
Well technically Gerard was not owned by Natsu alone since he went nuts with rage and ate that etherium (or whatever the hell it was called) which gave him insane surge of power (most likely by tapping into his hidden potential) but almost killed him in the process. I doubt his normal level is enough to stand in front of a S rank mage like Luxus. He still has a lot of room to grow and I would like it if they don't make him jump power levels too soon because that will kill the manga.

However I agree that he is really strong and will most likely push Luxus to go all out before falling down.

drakend
October 02, 2008, 05:43 PM
However I agree that he is really strong and will most likely push Luxus to go all out before falling down.
It wasn't his power, right... but if he finds a way to mantain that state without external power then he's the strongest dude. The only ones who can stand up to him are the other dragon slayers.

c0nflikt
October 02, 2008, 06:32 PM
Gazille showing his good side makes me so happy, luxus needs to die in a deep canyon.

aquavi
October 02, 2008, 09:34 PM
It wasn't his power, right... but if he finds a way to mantain that state without external power then he's the strongest dude. The only ones who can stand up to him are the other dragon slayers.

Well we can't even be sure that such a state can be effectively maintained, not to mention Dragon Slayers need to eat their respective element to keep their strength up to begin with... Natsu's power level/limit has probably jumped up a bit after that fight though.

Do we know how someone becomes S rank anyway?

Aphalite
October 02, 2008, 11:17 PM
interesting... I'm intrigued :P

although what's probably going to happen is that Luxus will get beaten and eventually become "good", *sigh* this manga is becoming so predictable

Patta
October 03, 2008, 12:50 AM
Eventually this new arc could lead in a guild war again (because of beating Zod) and clear who the old man is who knows Lucy. Maybe "that geezer"/Gildartz!?

Edit: Damn, when is Mist Gun getting a guild card???

Onomatopoeia
October 03, 2008, 02:06 PM
Actually I liked Luxus this chapter, the guy wants to protect the guild. And no not the guild people but the actual Guild and it's name. An interesting sentiment, he's going about it the wrong way but still interesting.

And Luxus was not defeated by Natsu, he was defeated by Nartsu empowered by Etherion. He doesn't have the power of Etherion so he's not going to unleash that sort of power for a long time.

shinobi
October 04, 2008, 04:27 PM
Hi guys, finally I've made it to this last chapter, happy to say I enjoyed reading FT, nice and interesting manga.

Nice chapter! as many has mentioned, an internal conflict in the guild will be rather interesting, we're going to see a really pissed off Luxus in action soon. I actually like Gazille, felt a little bit sorry for him.

I don't know if it's going to be natsu that will fight Luxus, he seems to be suffering some really bad side effects of the Etherion, so I think some other guild members might be in action too, Mist Gun hopefully.

Onomatopoeia
October 04, 2008, 05:58 PM
Mist Gun and Luxus know each other I think...remember that one chapter where he told everyone to lay off him? If were going to find out something about Luxus we'll defintely find out about Mist Gun.

shinobi
October 04, 2008, 06:18 PM
perhaps they know each other, Mist Gun is mysterious and all, but both Luxus and M.G. are S mages of FT, I think if Luxus is planning to go against Makarov it'll be interesting if he fought Mist gun or Gildartz since they are at the same level.

Networks
October 05, 2008, 11:06 AM
Honestly, FT is getting boring

Gazzile 'I wanna be your friend' don't convince me

and Luxus act like a FT member

Onomatopoeia
October 05, 2008, 10:48 PM
No way! Luxus should never act like a FT memeber, it's awesome that he's so against all these idea's of FT yet he's so strong. I hope he never changes.

c0nflikt
October 06, 2008, 07:39 AM
luxus being so opposite bores me to death, and gazille being out of character is interesting imo.

Wololo
October 07, 2008, 06:28 AM
Hmm, three new badasses of Fairy Tail. They look like they might be Luxus underlings, which I guess makes them Team Erza's next opponents.

On a sidenote, what a cute kid Luxus once was.

KaNx
October 07, 2008, 09:22 AM

LQ CAM RAW ~Thanks to Heiji-sama~

Sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/m1rcoz) || DDL (http://www.raw-paradise.com/Ritual/Chapitres/Fairy106.zip) || Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/151741455/Fairy_Tail_106_Raw.zip)

Check out the RTS thread here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40727).

Patta
October 08, 2008, 06:00 AM
Great chapter again! A flashback of Luxus being a lucky boy and 3 new (probably strong and S-) mages for FT, nice chapter really!

Edit: Looks like these mages are hired by Luxus.

manganimetrix
October 08, 2008, 01:51 PM
wow fantastic chapter! and 3 new magicians?..... interesant ^^
thnks you kanx

fizban
October 08, 2008, 04:48 PM
Looks like Evergreen has a gorgon power. We see her adjusting her glasses and then her opponents all turned to stone. Bixlow controls those little flying totem laser things, but is also pretty huge himself. If he ever went up against a person like Natsu who can fend for himself Bix'd probably use the lasers to catch him off guard and then strike with his muscles.

Fried has a sword but I would be surprised if that was the main point of his (?) powers Pretty sure he is a guy because he isn't bursting out of his outfit like women usually are in this series

Rock Lobster
October 08, 2008, 08:09 PM
Huh, well it looks like Luxus is rebelling against Fairy Tail, which I guess will mean will see a final fight with Luxus and either Mist Gun, Makarov, or Gildartz, that is only assuming that Natsu still can't fight. Also, I wouldn't be surprised it the "they" that the bartender from last chapter referred to came and backed up or attacked Fairy Tail as well for revenge for the attack on that Zod guy.

Kazi
October 09, 2008, 02:13 AM
an inner fight between fairys? ... dunno what to think about this ... although it seems like we get more to know about luxus and the other s-class mages ...

Helltroll
October 09, 2008, 09:02 AM
An interesting development. This is a perfect chance to expand the history of some supporting characters as well as giving more depth to Fairy Tail's history. Maybe we will even see what Mira is capable of in a real fight :hearts

Patta
October 09, 2008, 09:13 AM
Flashbacks of Mira fighting with the peak of her former strength would be really cool but it does not seem to fit in the actual situation; the exception would be if she starts to fight again for some reason, for example in the "Fairy Tail Fight" which could happen.

Samui
October 09, 2008, 10:09 AM
A very nice chapter! Those three magicians looks awesome, especially Fried. I wonder What is his power.

onno
October 09, 2008, 10:49 AM
this 'civil war' thing is goona be awsome.

kat_at_heart
October 09, 2008, 01:53 PM
Wow I think a decent plot is brewing (for once) the three mages look really cool but there again so did trinity raven and only ikaruga ended up being decent.
If Luxus is really planning going against Makcrov then I think he will have to get past erza first.

LoS
October 09, 2008, 06:02 PM
I could see these new three body guards fighting 2 v 1, themselves being the one.

It sets up pretty well considering the available fighters.

Networks
October 09, 2008, 08:55 PM
Finally a good chapter

The strongest guys on FT fighting... will be awesome

Onomatopoeia
October 09, 2008, 09:17 PM
This looks to be interesting, they're undoutbadly S rank mages but at what level. We don't know.

EL_manana
October 10, 2008, 10:52 AM
I hope Natsu doesn't participate. His just fought Geref a few chapters ago. And he is in no condition. Gray and Lluvia are on the mission and Erza... I don't remember... Still that's a great chance to see new characters fighting. I am a bit tired of seeing the same abilities of the same main characters. Though Lucy would be nice especially if she uses Loki. Her last fight wasn't too bright so she can shine more in this new ark.

descendant
October 10, 2008, 04:46 PM
owh internal dispute or is it coup detat within fairy tail
maybe we'll get to see the other fairy tail mage use their magic
i wonder how.. last chapter's guy (predicted to be lucy's father) will fit in this
or maybe it doesn't have anything to do with it

Patta
October 11, 2008, 04:12 AM
Maybe that old guy is Gildartz!?

EL_manana
October 11, 2008, 08:56 AM
What?! isn't Gildratz the old Master? Or I missed smth....

Patta
October 11, 2008, 10:29 AM
Makarov is the master of the guild, Gildartz is the one known as "that geezer".

Onomatopoeia
October 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
GIldartz and the rest of the S mages will all be unveiled this Arc.

I'm excited for Gildartz he's been hinted at forever and now we know that he might be stronger then Luxus.

kat_at_heart
October 11, 2008, 02:19 PM
Rather than seeing Glidartz revealed so soon I would rather see more of mist gun in action and see the type of magic he uses.
I’m hoping we get to see more of Miria in this arc and see if she still has some of that s rank ability left.

shinobi
October 11, 2008, 03:35 PM
good chapter. interesting to know that Luxus isn't working alone, that means he will make a real mess within the guild, the 3 new mages are interesting and strong. I hope we'll see all the S mages in action soon.

Patta
October 11, 2008, 04:47 PM
I would really like to get more info about Mist Gun, but I am worried by the fact that he picks missions from the first floor. But still he defeated Phantom's Subdivisions and collected all that spirit from Makarov.

Networks
October 11, 2008, 05:29 PM
Don't you guess FT is going TOO FAST?

They wor on a S Quest
All the S mages have already present
We know pratically all their past

Gotcha?

Tinori
October 11, 2008, 08:12 PM
Its very interesting how STRONG fairy tail is. They seem to have unlimited members who are S rank!!

Where are these members when the guild got destroyed??

Im looking forward to this fight.

shinsengumi
October 12, 2008, 07:27 AM
Luxus claims to be the strongest in all fairy tail.As we know he said "not even that old geezer".when i first read it i thought he refered to master Makarov but i guess it was that guy called Gildartz.Then how can he possibly take over fairy tail when there is still Master Makarov who's (IMO) way too stronger than him?

shinobi
October 12, 2008, 10:23 AM
I wonder why didn't Happy mention the 3 new mages when he was telling Lucy about the strongest mages in the guild, they seem very strong, and Luxus bodyguards should be well known even if they don't stay in the guild.

EL_manana
October 12, 2008, 10:38 AM
Then how can he possibly take over fairy tail when there is still Master Makarov who's (IMO) way too stronger than him?
If his bodyguards are almost as strong as him then it is possible. After all Makarov is too old already. He wanted to retire for a long time already. But I think Erza deserves to take his place. Even if she is not the strongest, she is a real leader.

Where are these members when the guild got destroyed??
Yeah, WTH?! The strongest part of the guild was away. No wonder it happened. Makarov could have called them back after it became obvious that Fairy Tail is in danger.

Patta
October 12, 2008, 01:25 PM
Gildartz was also absent during the war against Phantom Lord. But let us look forward to see Mira, Elfman, Cana, Shadow Gear and the others fighting big against the Raijinshuu; and of course: Luxus vs. Makarov!

KaNx
October 14, 2008, 12:59 PM

Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5BX7EKH8) || Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/153875949/Fairy107.zip) || Sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/i890oo)

Check out the RTS thread here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41321).

Wololo
October 14, 2008, 02:30 PM
who would have guessed that all the girls would get instapwnd just that?

chihoho
October 14, 2008, 02:51 PM
but i thus the guys give some motivians. I still wonder what natsu is saying on the last page. I think they just have to beat gorgon girl and they'll will turn back.
possible fights:
luxus vs makarov
natsu vs Luxus
bixlow vs elfman or gazille
fried vs gray
evergreen vs schadow gear or lucky

Onomatopoeia
October 14, 2008, 04:20 PM
Wow nearly all the powerful girls are gone "like that". Interesting Chapter but kinda short.

Anyways the only battle I'm sure about is

Bixlow vs Gazille with maybe Shadow Gear as backup to make up for not believing in him.

EL_manana
October 14, 2008, 06:08 PM
I'm disappointed. I hoped Natsu would stay out of focus for a while. Too much screen time even for a main hero. He's just fought Zeref.... The fights are slowly getting boring. I hoped to see some rare characters show their powers. And it's a pity girls won't fight. I hoped to see Mira kicking asses. Or at least reminiscing her glorious past. Or will we have to "believe" she was strong till the very end of the series? I also wanted Lucy to use Loki. :(((
So I hope Natsu and Gray will be out of the game soon and it will be more of Makarov, Luxus, Gazzille, bodyguards and some minor characters. Ah yes, I hope mysterious S-ranks will come.

Destin82
October 14, 2008, 09:05 PM
Here's hoping Gildartz or Myst Gun intervenes.

LoS
October 15, 2008, 12:14 AM
Here's hoping Gildartz or Myst Gun intervenes.

Why? Do you think they are needed? It would just be over kill to have all those strong mages there, which ever side had 2 of the top tier mages would undoubtedly run away with the victory. It just would not be very troubling.

Also why ruin all the mystery and mystique surrounding Gildartz when his powers are not truly needed?

Patta
October 15, 2008, 01:08 AM
Looks like a cool chapter to me and I am really curious how Natsu got his strength back.
Gildartz and Mist Gun probably will not show up or maybe Mist Gun is already hiding somewhere near this place like he did after the Guild-War, but still the two sides seem very balanced.

fizban
October 15, 2008, 02:57 AM
I'm amused that we are pretty much assured that Lucy will not summon Loki in this little arc. He must be incredibly powerful to have him get no chance to show off his magic. I guess that is to be expected, since he was the fighting power of that Blue Pegasus lady who was considered pretty famous (but now she is dead and I have forgotten her name, hah).

Things kind of took a drastic change in this chapter. I honestly thought this week was going to only be about to beauty contest, and suddenly we have Civil War. It'll be interesting to see if anybody besides Luxus' three bodyguards side with him. Most of the characters we have been introduced to have a connection with the female guild members, but I would love it if we saw more lines being drawn in the sand

Destin82
October 15, 2008, 07:27 AM
Why? Do you think they are needed? It would just be over kill to have all those strong mages there, which ever side had 2 of the top tier mages would undoubtedly run away with the victory. It just would not be very troubling.

Also why ruin all the mystery and mystique surrounding Gildartz when his powers are not truly needed?

It's a shonen, they could essentially have Natsu fight off everyone. It's not about whether or not they're needed, I just want to find out more about them.

Rena Chan
October 15, 2008, 07:51 AM
HOLIDAY IN JAPAN WARNING

http://eternal-rena.livejournal.com/19901.html

-__-

EDIT: More problems have cropped up and this time it's a personal family problem.

http://eternal-rena.livejournal.com/20166.html

>__<

LoS
October 16, 2008, 01:16 AM
So we are having a battle royale, where the last one standing is the winner.

Luxus sure has some twisted game for determining the strongest member of Fairy Tail.

Imagine if Natsu is the last one standing, haha.

Aphalite
October 16, 2008, 08:12 AM
I don't know how this will play out, since mashiro won't kill anybody :P maybe last one standing as in conscious instead of alive/dead

LoS
October 16, 2008, 10:53 AM
Well that goes without saying.

And we all know that Makarov will not fight to his full potential against his grandson.

Patta
October 16, 2008, 03:57 PM
I read the scans on OM and wow, it really came to the situation of a Last Man Standing Contest. It has to be a free-for-all now...Every Fairy vs. Every Fairy!

Koen
October 16, 2008, 04:53 PM
Hmm, I wonder if this will be a serious arc. Luxus and their bodyguards are making a turmoil but if Makarov gets serious then I really believe everyone will face why he's the leader of the guild (I don't agree with people saying makarov can't get serious. On the contrary I even think he will be by only looking at that face). I look forward to those duels but it can't and it is certainly not allowed that these duels will turn into dangerous fights. It wouldn't do good for fairy tail. Anyway I am surprised erz - said to be fairy tail's strongest woman magician - was taken out so easy and fast

LoS
October 16, 2008, 08:59 PM
it is certainly not allowed that these duels will turn into dangerous fights.

What da hell r u talking about? Do you think Luxus and his crew give a damn if they kill/destroy Fairy Tail members? Hell to Luxus if you are weak you are not worth being in his existence.

Also Makarov will not be able to do his Fairy Law spell, since he is fighting against members of his own guild.
[hr]

Every Fairy vs. Every Fairy

Well in a sense. We know evryone will gang up on Luxus' crew. But then again we have seen many of the male members playfully fighting amongst themselves ofen enough.

Onomatopoeia
October 16, 2008, 09:32 PM
You expect me to believe that Evergreen is "Anti-Social" and "alone". Haha...

Most likely the rules of this game is that you have to attack everybody if it becomes obvious that your only ganging up on one person then a hostage dies. Of course I'm just guessing what these rules could be I'd imagine that Luxus will only allow those who are strong alone.

Is it just me or does Luxus seem to still care about Fantasia? Something amazing must happen during Fantasia...

Patta
October 17, 2008, 04:00 AM
It was in the Luxus/Makarov-Flashback (ch. 106) in which Luxus was so amazed about magic because of the Fantasia that he wanted to be a mage and to join Fairy Tail

Host Samurai
October 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
I wonder how these fights will turn out? A one on one where the last standing man is declared as the winner or a huge battle royale?

Or probably something different like an elimination match, where the strongest 4 faces Luxus and his bodyguards. :eyeroll

shinobi
October 17, 2008, 09:01 PM
so Luxus wants a tournament, the last survivor wins, interesting to know who's going to fight who.
I wonder how Natsu recovered all of a sudden, anyway looks like he's excited about this.

Onomatopoeia
October 17, 2008, 10:50 PM
It was in the Luxus/Makarov-Flashback (ch. 106) in which Luxus was so amazed about magic because of the Fantasia that he wanted to be a mage and to join Fairy Tail

Yeah I know that but Luxus seems to really care about Fantasia, Luxus isn't the sort of person to care about anything that doesn't have to do with strength. I just think they're might be more to Fantasia then we realize.

Inkovic
October 18, 2008, 02:41 AM
Good god don't tell me a tournament arc is coming...

Aphalite
October 18, 2008, 09:59 AM

Fairy Tail is pretty predictable... so can we stop the one piece comparisons now? if someone asks you what fairy tail was about, we tell them your average run of the mill shounen :P

Onomatopoeia
October 20, 2008, 03:03 PM

I was thinking more along the line's of a Survival game...AKA Skypeia with Enel. Oh come on don't tell me you didn't notice the obvious reference that Luxus is?

LoS
October 20, 2008, 07:53 PM
Except this time the swordsman is on the lightning guy's side, haha.

phatb0idann
October 21, 2008, 02:55 AM
well in the end natsu would probably come out on top but i think there will be some sick fighting scenes coming soon lol.. and i hope mist gun comes and saves the day lol Or we get to see Mira fight? ooh im so excited lol

chihoho
October 21, 2008, 05:03 AM
the chapter 108 raw is out there

ahoyazi
October 21, 2008, 09:15 AM
Shock!!The information from chp.108

Natsu's age > 80??!!!

OMG!! what's wrong? but why he and Makarov are trapped in the magic wall

KaNx
October 21, 2008, 09:33 AM

Sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/lxmgea) || Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/156150323/Fairy_Tail_108_Raw.zip)

Check out the RTS thread here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41701).

ahoyazi
October 21, 2008, 09:50 AM
shock!!!Natsu's age > 80??!!!

OMG!! what's wrong? but why only he and Makarov are trapped in the magic wall?

Luxus is crazy, make them fight against each other

Patta
October 21, 2008, 10:37 AM
Are you really sure about Natsu beeing something about 80? And it seems that everyone is locked behind that magic wall.

chihoho
October 21, 2008, 10:55 AM
a real battle royal, where they have to fight each other.
Magic cage fighting. So then Natsu have to marakarov to advance to the next battle

Patta
October 21, 2008, 11:52 AM
The text on those magic walls seem to tell what to do:
-the text at Jet, Droy & Arzack's place tells maybe some kind of enigma which Arzack at first solves and checks that he has to beat Jet & Droy to get Visca free.
-the text of Natsu & the others' place has two "VS" in it which at least means two fights.

Edit: ahoyazi said that Natsu would be about 80 so that the magic wall differ mages by age, most likely an assurance of Luxus that Makarov would not spoil his contest.

Shebann
October 21, 2008, 05:05 PM
Natsu is 80 years old!? O.O

ahoyazi
October 21, 2008, 09:39 PM
Just like Patta said,everyone is locked behind that magic wall
but to get out of it,the rules are different to everyone
Jet, Droy ,Arzack's request the strongest one, so Arzack beat them
Natsu and Marakarov is not fight!!It means age>80 or stone can't out
crazy!!Natsu is also trapped in it, he is not stone, so his age >80!!
my English is poor,hope I explain clearly @_@
er..maybe sth wrong, how can Natsu's age over 80!!!

fizban
October 21, 2008, 10:07 PM
It's pretty impressive that Arzack was able to defeat Jet. Maybe he sneak-attacked the speedster, because I could easily see a marksman lose to a person who can run too fast to be targeted.

I am also wondering if the taboo magic stuff we are seeing at the entrances happens to be the magic used by Fried. Being able to set up restrictions that can hinder your opponent from their usual style of battle would certainly be advantageous, and it would explain why he carries a sword but is not immediately identified as a sword-based mage

Old_Mate
October 21, 2008, 11:45 PM
So Natsu is old hey? :)

I never took any notice of this before, but there are only three guild cards that don't have ages given.

Natsu's (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/23/01/)
Loki's (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/73/01/) (Obviously his age is unknown because he is a stellar spirit) &
Gazille's (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/105/01/)

I thought the fact that Natsu was a Dragon slayer might have something to do with him being over 80, but I'm probably wrong. Also I wonder why Gazille wasn't shown this chapter, I can't imagine he was running out that door amongst that crowd. ;)

Patta
October 22, 2008, 01:06 AM
Maybe the learning of Dragon Slayer slows the ageing down.

LilDinky
October 22, 2008, 02:33 AM
So Natsu is old hey? :)

I never took any notice of this before, but there are only three guild cards that don't have ages given.

Natsu's (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/23/01/)
Loki's (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/73/01/) (Obviously his age is unknown because he is a stellar spirit) &
Gazille's (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/105/01/)

I thought the fact that Natsu was a Dragon slayer might have something to do with him being over 80, but I'm probably wrong. Also I wonder why Gazille wasn't shown this chapter, I can't imagine he was running out that door amongst that crowd. ;)

isn't Gazille out and about on a mission to teach kids magic ... and id imagine him being a dragon slayer would be why he could be that old, it an odd magic that seem very powerfull from what the manga hint so far. well from what i gather. idk i might jsut be silly

Patta
October 22, 2008, 02:54 AM
On this page you can see that Gazille is present while Luxus & the others showed up: http://read.mangashare.com/Fairy-Tail/chapter-107/page018.html

Onomatopoeia
October 22, 2008, 07:25 PM
And this puts Erza and Gray at what age???

Old_Mate
October 22, 2008, 08:05 PM
Well according to their guild cards Erza = 19 (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/30/01/) and Gray = 18 (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/29/01/).

I don’t know what’s going on because I can’t read Japanese, but according to ahoyzai, people over 80 or people made of stone (the beauty queens on stage) can’t walk through that barrier. And seeing as Natsu isn’t stone, but was blocked by that barrier, he must be over 80 (I guess). Gray managed to walk through the barrier, so I guess the age on his card is accurate, and I’d say that Erza’s is too.

vongola_x
October 22, 2008, 11:30 PM
I'm thinking that living in the presence of a dragon may slow down or stop their growth. This would explain how Natsu was able to mature and grow naturally after Igneel disappeared and he found his way to Fairy Tail's doorstep.

bittman
October 23, 2008, 06:35 PM
Wait, slow down or stop growth? I'd assume then that Natsu would know he's over 80 rather than shouting "I don't know!". I do think it may be connected to Dragon Slayer magic, perhaps a magical link with their master dragon's who are probably hundreds/thousands of years old.

That said, doesn't the "Male Statue" clause strike you as odd? There are no male statues in there...so...

Big Al
October 23, 2008, 07:27 PM
How odd to find out that Natsu is over 80 years!!!

Nah, don't think he is cuz after all look at chapter 2 where Mira talk about Natsu past, he only a little boy at that time when Igneel left and that was 7 years ago, so I think he about 18-20 by now. Unless, maybe the Dragonslayer power cause the body growth slow.

Or, my guess, it something have to do with the magical vortex (where when Natsu save Erza from the...whatever it call). I have hear somewhere about the time and space are complete different in the vortex from the outside world. So, I said, Natsu were stuck in there for hell of long time, look for Ezra, as for his body still look as the same before...I goes with my other idea about the Dragonslayer power cause the body growth slow :P

At for the Male Statue...Beat the hell outta me, I have no idea what the hell?

Shimon
October 23, 2008, 10:26 PM
In the battle between Arzack, Jet, and Droy I know it looks like Arzack killed them or seriously hurt them. However, I want to believe that Arzack used some special magic bullets, like Wally had in the Tower of Paradise Arc. or maybe special bullets that nullify magic for a short time to make them appear dead to Luxus who can sense magic within someone's body. I really like Arzack, he is one of my favorite F.T. characters and I want to believe that he came up with something like that in order to find someway to break the seal on Fried's spell.
:darn Also LOL Natsu is over 80 years old. The only two ways I can see the barrier trapping him would be he is over 80 because of the dragon slayer magic greatly reducing the aging process or the other way is that Fried has another rule about Dragon Slayer of Flame Magic added to the seal but it's out of view so as to trick all of them. Those are the only two ways I see it. :)

Organizized
October 24, 2008, 01:25 AM
Natsu can't get out since he is as dumb as a statue.

Hell, I thought Luxus could at least put up a fair fight, but now he's just playing foul games. He's trying to drag out the strongest FT mages, he knows that Makarov is one of them, yet he locks him in? Sure he might have enough heart left to not kill his own grandfather, but he's still being a coward.
Not to mention Natsu. I gotta think the "male statue" thing is something only for prisoning him, something Luxus knows about him.. I just can't figure out what the hell it would be.

Still, pretty good chapter. Natsu's charging at Luxus and "barely surviving" was great. :D

fizban
October 24, 2008, 04:46 PM
Luxus said there were 80~ members of the guild still standing. We have been introduced to about 30 of them through those guild info pages, so that leaves quite a few still out there that we known nothing about.

If manga was more like marvel comics we'd be having the main story going on right now and a bunch of other authors each covering the stories that are happening with the other guild members in more detail. That's kind of the downside to manga; there are often fun characters who aren't part of the main group and we'll never get to see what goes on with them unless it is part of an omake.

LoS
October 24, 2008, 05:15 PM
The rest are probably bottom feeders and not worth the screen time. There was like 83 minus Mist and Gildartz currently at the festival.

Big Al
October 24, 2008, 05:53 PM
Now there is a prove that Natsu is over 80 year old...cuz I was keep thinking about the Male Statue that cause Natsu trap inside for some reason but now it read as in Stone Statue from FH

Ayle
October 25, 2008, 02:26 AM
Or did eating aetherion do something to his body?

ahoyazi
October 25, 2008, 02:26 AM
If the dragon slayer magic make Natsu can't out , It's must also useful to Gazille , but he is out . In other forums someone said maybe the scarf , I'm agreed to this opinion

Old_Mate
October 25, 2008, 04:53 AM
Yeah I’m not too sure. In my opinion if it was the scarf that was being blocked, the rest of his body should have still been able to pass through the barrier. However as you can see here (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/108/15/), its Natsu’s face, knee and arms that are being blocked. I could be wrong, but I reckon Natsu would have being clotheslined instead, if it was the scarf that was being held back.

But then again, I guess I don’t really know how that barrier actually works, and there could be more of a purpose as to why we were re-shown the scarf (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/106/07/) a couple of chapters ago. If the scales on the scarf are Igneels, they’re likely to be over 80 years old, but does the age rule on the barrier apply to inanimate objects? I don’t really know.

Also regarding Gazille, in all likelihood he did run out the barrier, but it is strange that he wasn’t shown in this chapter, especially considering he was specifically shown at the end of last chapter (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/107/18/). I just think there may be a reason as to why we were not given Natsu or Gazille’s age, and like it has been mentioned here a few times it is probably linked to their dragon masters somehow.

alexlw92
October 25, 2008, 09:37 AM
prediction: elfman vs. bixelow

LoS
October 25, 2008, 12:08 PM
prediction: elfman vs. bixelow

sounds reasonable. Although, in my mind I could easily see Bixelow taking on multiple opponents at the same time.

Onomatopoeia
October 25, 2008, 06:21 PM
Hmm... I'm curious to see where Gazille is...

If he's inside the shield then their will be a lot of questions going around.

As of now I'm wondering if Luxus didn't take Gazille with him to see if he would consider joining them.

shinobi
October 25, 2008, 07:03 PM
I don't know about Gazille whereabout, but I was also wondering about his age, I think Luxus will fight Gray.
lol, for all what we know is that natsu is more than 80 years old, he could even be 150, that makes Makarov looks like his grandson !!!

GeckoMoria
October 25, 2008, 08:03 PM
Yeah I’m not too sure. In my opinion if it was the scarf that was being blocked, the rest of his body should have still been able to pass through the barrier. However as you can see here (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/108/15/), its Natsu’s face, knee and arms that are being blocked. I could be wrong, but I reckon Natsu would have being clotheslined instead, if it was the scarf that was being held back.

But then again, I guess I don’t really know how that barrier actually works, and there could be more of a purpose as to why we were re-shown the scarf (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/106/07/) a couple of chapters ago. If the scales on the scarf are Igneels, they’re likely to be over 80 years old, but does the age rule on the barrier apply to inanimate objects? I don’t really know.

Also regarding Gazille, in all likelihood he did run out the barrier, but it is strange that he wasn’t shown in this chapter, especially considering he was specifically shown at the end of last chapter (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/107/18/). I just think there may be a reason as to why we were not given Natsu or Gazille’s age, and like it has been mentioned here a few times it is probably linked to their dragon masters somehow.

i thought the same thing when i first read it, also it says he got the scarf from igneel but how would a dragon make a scarf? shed some scales probably? it has to be the answer if gazille is show outside the barrier next chapter. or gazille is in the barrier too and maybe dragon slayer magic links the trainee with the trainer. so really natsu is like 18+ igneels age thus hes trapped.

anyway im hoping to see mist gun and/or gildartz show up next chapter to help stop luxus. perhaps mist gun is still with that lady in the forest and reedus will run into him when he gets there. :)

Shimon
October 25, 2008, 09:06 PM
This whole battle is some what similar to One Piece when they traveled to sky island and the God Enel had everyone fight in order to gather a strong group of fighters to join him in an absolute paradise. Enel is similar to Luxus in terms of lightning abilities. How I see it happening is Luxus's bodyguards will wait until it's down to only a couple of Fairy Tail members then pick the ones they wish to fight. I would like to see Elfman vs. Bixlow, Arzack Cornell vs. Evergreen (he would fight her because that might release the stone spell over Moulin), and then Gray vs. Fried. I see that Luxus's bodyguards will be defeated then Luxus will come before the victors and tell them they are the strongest and can join him in a brand new guild. But, just like with Enel the victors will turn against him but Luxus will defeat them in a matter of seconds, however while this is going on Natsu will be out of the barrier and rushing to the battle (the barrier will be released with Fried's defeat). But, when Natsu reaches the battle he will see all his friends defeated by Luxus and is about to fight him, but Gray who is still with it will tell Natsu that during his battle with Luxus he saw a weakness in Luxus's magic. Using that Natsu will be able to fight Luxus on equal terms. Then when the fight ends all the released stone girls and Makarov will show up and attack Luxus. Then Luxus will have a trump card and slip away, promising that he will be back to crush all of Fairy Tail. That's my prediction on how this arc might play out. Please if you think it might end up differently please comment on this, thank you very much. :)

GeckoMoria
October 26, 2008, 08:37 PM
that sounded good for a prediction on the whole arc but im hoping we finally get to see gildatz

LoS
October 27, 2008, 12:44 AM
Please if you think it might end up differently please comment on this, thank you very much. :)

You forgot one very important FT member, Gaizelle.

And as for your prediction, it sound incredibly cliche which is right up FT's alley, since FT is also very cliche.

alexlw92
October 27, 2008, 01:34 AM
how can gazelle lose to luxus? electricity just goes through the steel

chihoho
October 27, 2008, 05:25 AM
But what if gazille got the same problem as natsu and can't get through the barrier

Onomatopoeia
October 27, 2008, 03:29 PM
how can gazelle lose to luxus? electricity just goes through the steel

Oda Fysics Working in reverse.

Though I'm pretty sure that lightning can still get through Metal. If enough voltage is being applied and if it is forced to go through the pass with the most resistance.

KaNx
October 28, 2008, 04:21 AM

Sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/gdltpi) || Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/158282323/Fairy_Tail_109_Raw.zip)

Check out the RTS here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42367).

chihoho
October 28, 2008, 08:39 AM
oh my god elfman k.o, I Really hope that Mirajane get unstoned and kick someones ass

Patta
October 28, 2008, 10:21 AM
Nice progress with everyone finding his/her opponent to fight, now we can see who is doing what; except for Gazille...
I doubt that Elfman is down already, especially since he is using his allbody-takeover-magic.

LoS
October 28, 2008, 03:02 PM
No Elfman is done for, it says Victor:Evergreen.

Less than half of the mages are left.

The next chapter title sounds pretty intriguing. Its titled: Resign.

Maybe Makarov resigns as guild leader because he cant bear seeing his underlings fighting amongst themselves.

Patta
October 28, 2008, 03:08 PM
Wow, then Evergreen's magic is more powerful than I thought.
Damn, your suggestion could be right LoS, but then there must be a bigger meaning behind it.

LoS
October 28, 2008, 03:23 PM
Well even if Makarov were to resign you know something would happen right as he were to utter the words, or right after someone like Gildartz or Mist Gun would show up.

Patta
October 28, 2008, 03:56 PM
Now is really the best time for one of them, Gildartz or Mist Gun, to show up (I would prefer Mist Gun).

LoS
October 28, 2008, 04:44 PM
I would not like the mystique of Gildartz ruined over this. Mist Gun should be plenty enough.

Onomatopoeia
October 28, 2008, 05:25 PM
I agree with the above 100% and with the theory.

Who else is going to resign? And who can resign from anything other then Makarov?

Anyways I think the FTs are battling to quickly, I mean I know they're not going to kill each other but it really makes you wonder if they're willing to fight this easily. Perhaps this is part of Luxus's plan?

I hope the reason Natsu can't fight is explained soon, it should be interesting. And honestly I don't see how things can go FTs way at all, Evergreen took Elfman out unbelievably easily. It was almost unfair.

LoS
October 28, 2008, 05:37 PM
Its not like Elfman is top notch. He is definitely below Gray and Natsu and even then Gray and Natsu are not even top notch.

Natsu maybe when he is overflowing on emotions.

I would guess Luxus' body guard are each the next tier below the know Fairy Tail S class mages. Evergreen, Bixlow, and Freid are probably just below Erza, but ahead of Gray and Natsu normally.

GeckoMoria
October 28, 2008, 07:56 PM
so elfman goes down gray vs bixlow reedus vs fried(lol gonna be one sided) but wheres gazille mistgun gildatz and luxuz right now? hmmmm cant wait :)

LoS
October 28, 2008, 09:17 PM
Gazille is probably on the way to getting his ass handed to him by Luxus.

Mist Gun and Gildartz are not needed in my opinion. I would like to see Luxus lose to someone other than those 2, because it would be completely demoralizing to him and his psyche.

Onomatopoeia
October 28, 2008, 09:49 PM
But how many other S class opponents are their that could deal with him? Only one I can see is Gazille because he's metal and even then I'm 99% it won't happen. Luxus takes out Natsu easily Gazille has a lot of trouble with Natsu.

Natsu isn't getting Aetherian(spelling?) boost anytime soon. Bixlow is going to take down Gray, if worse comes to worse then Evergreen will help.

That Barrier will have to be destroyed or some sort of outside interference.

LoS
October 28, 2008, 11:38 PM
Natsu sucks against everyone when he isnt overflowing with emotions.

He was just happy and excited to fight Luxus, the emotions that get him over the edge as far as power is concerned is when protecting his friends.

Patta
October 29, 2008, 01:46 AM
Lets see who was introduced in the series and could be a candidates to beat Luxus: -Makarov
- Gazille
- the old hag, who lives alone in the forest and was a pupil of Makarov (I think Reedus should ask her for a solution on the barrier-problem)
- Mist Gun
- Gildartz
- that old man who showed up at the end of ch.104 (well, if he is not Gildartz already)
- maybe one mage of Zod's (the afro-guy who was beaten by Luxus) guild who want to avenge him

My personal choice would be Gazille, but only for a great fight, then someone else should appear and finish the job. But maybe Luxus will not be beaten, at least not by strength, perhaps anyone finds the way to reach Luxus' heart!?

BinCs
October 29, 2008, 02:59 AM
Lets see who was introduced in the series and could be a candidates to beat Luxus
I see only Mist Gun or Gildartz can do it. Other you mentioned can do nothing right now. Well, if Reedus will somehow escape from Fried and call out Polyushka, maybe she dispell enchantment and Makarov will kick his grandson's butt.
Oh, but I want Luxus to take over a Fairy Tail. :darn

shinobi
October 29, 2008, 04:30 AM
so Elfman is done for? I thought he's going to defeat one of them,ahhhh

and Natsu is not taking it seriously, lol and he doesn't know how old he really is!!

now I hope Gray is going to win, I really wont like it if he lost.