PDA

View Full Version : Change Guy by Son Eun Ho & Choi Myung Suu

fremeer
August 05, 2006, 09:32 AM
Well i couldnt find a topic about this awesome manwha(yes its korean) so ill start one. sorry cant remember names cause the bloody manga takes ages to get released, nearly at 300 chapters released though
Basic synopsis, two guys one scrawny and nerdy and one other a very strong and brilliant fighter(both high school kids) get their bodies switched. Anyways that little section takes about 3 chapters plus the couple that introduces some other characters and plot and interesting but sidelined crap like that. The main theme is street fighting. Think UFC with no ring. The major fighters are all excellent and powerful and the nerdy guy in the strong guys body is sought out alot so he needs to learn how to fight, so he has a couple of volume related to his growth. Strong guy in weaker guys body is now in a coma, eventually pops out of it and needs to learn how to fight with a weaker body. Main focus is strong guy in weak guy body. Anyways awesome fights. Shit explaination shouldnt put u off the manwha since its very good.

NeoShweaty
August 05, 2006, 11:01 AM
i have heard of change guy. I haven't really known what it is about til now

rennokun
August 05, 2006, 11:07 AM
i read it its pretty good
wat was the latest chapter

Matonly1T
August 05, 2006, 01:17 PM
294 vol 27, its kinda cool.

fremeer
August 06, 2006, 10:54 PM
295 is out. After a month wait from chap 293 to 294 only a couple of days wait for 295. will 296 be the same?

rennokun
August 07, 2006, 07:48 PM
hopefully not

Kratos
September 10, 2006, 08:03 PM
man that any one know where i can get chapter 290... i got all the others chapter so far from the first chapter to the latest chapter 296 but i cant find chapter 290 plz if u know where i can get it plz tell me

DeAntrax
September 11, 2006, 02:58 PM
you can find chapter 290 here:
http://www.mangatraders.com/files/manga

Kratos
September 13, 2006, 05:28 PM
you can find chapter 290 here:
http://www.mangatraders.com/files/manga

thnks a lot man :thumbs[br]Posted on: September 11, 2006, 04:01:50 PM_________________________________________________does anyone know how long its take for a chapter to come out???

fremeer
October 16, 2006, 01:59 AM
kmts is a very small group and the guy translating has uni and stuff so it takes a while to do, i would be nice if he could release low quality stuff as well though

Kratos
October 16, 2006, 06:00 PM
kmts is a very small group and the guy translating has uni and stuff so it takes a while to do, i would be nice if he could release low quality stuff as well though

yep they are really taking their time now, we havent seen a release for a long time

fremeer
December 14, 2006, 12:25 AM
woot new chapter out. get it from the lurk servers. [br]Posted on: November 29, 2006, 07:32:23 AM_________________________________________________even more goodness, chapters up to 301 out

simarikv
December 27, 2006, 10:14 AM
if you want to dld recent chapters go to http://www.animenow.org/~k-manga/ chapter 302 is only availible on mirc= #k-manga at irchighway also if you follow the series best to check http://dailymanga.org or www.manganews.net

Uehara_San
December 31, 2006, 03:39 PM
Man, u ppl should REALLY check this one out@
CG is real nice if u like fighting mangas!
lots of different styles and such!

Gret
January 03, 2007, 03:17 AM
It sounds interesting.... i'll go try it out.

someone2040
January 03, 2007, 06:34 AM
Yeah, I downloaded it a while back. Probably about a week before Christmas.
It's cool, but there's one thing that bugs me a bit. The attitude of the original Kang Too-Jee, the one stuck in Woo Soi... whatever's body, doesn't really seem to suit the big tough bad guy type at some times. And you see almost no development of him either, only that little bit to do with Judo.

Another pet peeve is that you don't see Sena! *Cries* There was the whole thing about him becoming the sucessor, but as soon as original Kang Too-Jee recovers his memory, she dissapears from the it completely :( . It really would be nice to have a female who fights, but what can ya do.

BlaZeR
March 30, 2007, 08:14 PM
This one rocks.

BlaZeR
May 26, 2007, 10:11 PM
Geeker released chapter 305 at k-manga.net

Marsh
June 06, 2007, 10:48 AM
Can't wait for more :P I really like it :P

gift_art
July 07, 2007, 09:03 PM
I think this is the best fighting manhwa so far

Sorata
October 03, 2007, 04:18 PM
K-Manga.Net just release chapter 308 after a long break:), the climax between Kwon Shin and Shin Jin-Ho will begin.

mokney
October 20, 2007, 07:38 AM
where can i find the first chapters trans??

well more specifically, after volume 5

Sorata
October 20, 2007, 09:24 AM
These two sites have all the volumes released:
http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/100 (direct)
http://the-evil-empire.net/index.php?act=fsystem&CODE=01&FID=1521 (multiple servers)

Or by IRC:
http://www.k-manga.net/

Good reading, Change Guy is great:)

mokney
October 21, 2007, 04:45 AM
thanks, finished reading all scans, apparently there is only 4 more volumes left, looks like its gonna go down to an all or nothing match. Anyone care to pm me whether or not woo goes back into his own body?

Sorata
October 21, 2007, 06:08 AM
Like you i´m steel waiting for the next volumes, but i think that they won´t go back to their originall body´s.
But i really don´t know how they will put so many fights left in so few volumes, maybe Shin Jin-Ho will beat Kwon Shin(i would love that, Shin Jin-Ho is my favorite character), and the final battle will be Woo So-Choi vs the judo guy that beat Kang Too-Jee.
What do you think?

mokney
October 22, 2007, 04:47 AM
honestly, i think they will return to their bodies...but then again its more than likely they remain in their current bodies. Still the fight scenes are amazing.

HARUHI_han
November 08, 2007, 07:56 AM
then could anyone tell me where I could download vol 35 of this? I'm a big fan of change guy but until now I've just had 28 vol in my computer

Sorata
November 08, 2007, 08:50 AM
I´m a great fan too, but unfortuntly there are only scans to the first chapter from vol 29, Kwon Shin is still fighting with Shin Jin-Ho, and i can´t find raws anywere, we just have to wait for KMTS to scanlate the later ones:(.

HARUHI_han
November 09, 2007, 07:46 AM
Oh my! a publisher in my country has bought the copyright of Change guy but then they suddenly stopped at vol 15 ( and I know it is certain that they will never continue it)
Once I found out a page which hosts full of it but at that time it was still on releasing by that publisher so I thought I'd rather buy than download, but now despite all of my effort, I couldn't find it again( cry-_-)
@Sorata: at first I only liked Kan Too Jee and Han Kang Ho, but now I do like Shin Jin Ho^^
here a fanart of Kang To Jee colored by me( is it right to post here?), for all Change Guy's fan^^
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p299/HARUHI_han/my%20manga/kangtojee_resize.jpg

Sorata
November 09, 2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks a lot for the coloring:), very cool.
My favorite character is Shin Jin-Ho(the best from Change Guy), then i like Ji Kang-Hyuk, Kang Too-Jee and Woo So-Choi, for the bad guys Kwon Shin is my favorite.For the fights i like Shin Jin-Ho vs Megal Jihang, Woo So-Choi vs Shin Jin-Ho, Shin Jin-Ho vs Kwon Shin, but my favorite one is definitly Ji Kang-Hyuk vs Mah Kang-Chul, that fight gave me goosebumps, the fighting will of Kang-Hyuk using lots of great techniques against the unlimited stamina of Mah Kang-Chul was great.

It´s a pity people don´t discuss more Change Guy:(.
Who do you think will win the fight of Shin Jin-Ho vs Kwon Shin?

HARUHI_han
November 10, 2007, 07:00 AM
Who do you think will win the fight of Shin Jin-Ho vs Kwon Shin?
I haven't seen the chapter with that fight, I have 28 vol in my computer but I've just read 26 vol.I'm on the way looking for next volumes from vol 29.
However I prefer Shin jin Ho to win.Among the battles taking place from start to now, I like the fight between Kang To Jee and Shin Jin Ho best. I can't forget how tough and steadfast Jin Ho was.He refused to fall down even when he was unconscious , that impressed me a lot.
I have fanarts of Han kang Ho and Yo jon An but not yet colored. I'm thinking of making a fanart of Shin Jin Ho now. It's really happy to have a fan like you sharing my love with Change guy.

How do you think about Kang To Jee who is stuck in Woo So Choi's body?

Sorata
November 10, 2007, 04:23 PM
Wow i really would love to see a fan-art of Shin Jin-Ho, i really like Shin Jin-Ho´s life style and training method(1000 times every kick and punch since the day he started walking), he is a character with such a strong presence and personallity, we really can fell his strength to the drawings in the manwha.

I like the original Kang Too-Jee but i think he is a little weird, for a guy who was so strong and hard working he is really arrogent and gets pissed off very easy, if we didn´t know about the strength of his original body, we would think he was a duffus, but still i like his character anyway, i don´t know why i just like him...

Who do you think will be the final enemy, Kwon Shin or Sa Mong-Cho? since the beggining i thought that Kwon Shin(the man with unlimited potencial) would be the final enemy, but i really want him to loose against Shin Jin-Ho, so my vote goes to Sa Mong-Cho.

I think this story would be perfect if the author gave us more background history on the relationship between Woo So-Choi and Yuna Park, a great fighting story with a little romance would be the greatest.

HARUHI_han
November 11, 2007, 10:46 AM
Wow i really would love to see a fan-art of Shin Jin-Ho
yeah, I would try my best on it. However it would take me about 1 week to complete it because I'm quite busy due to work and study.

I like the original Kang Too-Jee but i think he is a little weird, for a guy who was so strong and hard working he is really arrogant and gets pissed off very easy, if we didn´t know about the strength of his original body, we would think he was a duffus, but still i like his character anyway, i don´t know why i just like him...
I agree with you. I wonder why Kang To Jee is so cocky and noisy in Woo Soo's body.I don't see that when he was still in his original body. In contrast, Woo Soo who is in To Jee's body also acts more and more differently from how he used to be.It would be better if he can apply some of his ''super'' intelligence in the fights.Now he totally becomes a delinquent.

I think this story would be perfect if the author gave us more background history on the relationship between Woo So-Choi and Yuna Park, a great fighting story with a little romance would be the greatest.

What a pity we don't share the same idea on this term.I myself don't like Yuna ( and all the girls in Change guy , too. The boys are cool but the girls are suck!)
However, I still want to know how would they end up when Woo Soo and To Jee change their bodies once more

Sorata
November 12, 2007, 11:09 AM
Well i think that they won´t end changing up bodies again, my vote is that they will stay like this forever, it´s just a feeling of mine.

I think Woo So-Choi already used some of his cleaverness in fights, specially training, it´s Woo So-Choi´s great concentration that made him learn that "wind" technique he used to defeat Han Kang-Ho or to blow apart Sa Mong-Cho, or like that training he had to catch the eagle and dodge the logs.

I agree with you when you said that the female characters are crap, i don´t like Yuna or Do-Eh and i think that the male characters are some of the best ever(Shin Jin-Ho and Ji Kang-Hyuk), i said that thing about the romance just to put some different plot than just fighting. Don´t misunderstand me, i´m a martial artist, so i admit that´s one of the reason´s that make me love Change Guy so much, not to mention Ji Kang-Hyuk´s and Shin Jin-Ho´s personallitys: of training all the time just to be strong, read the fight of Kwon Shin vs Shin Jin-Ho and you will understand what i´m saying.

HARUHI_han
November 14, 2007, 11:25 AM
Well i think that they won´t end changing up bodies again
but such kind of body changing motif occurs a lot in manga( and in movies , too) and all of them end up switching their bodies again so I guess things are the same to this series.
At the moment I'm quite busy with my homework and coming final examination so time for reading manga is not much. After reading the fight between Kwonshin and Jin Ho, I will continue discussing with you.

Don´t misunderstand me, i´m a martial artist
really? well, have you ever read Itto Katobi, a manga about soccer ?.It also contains alot of spectacular fighting scenes like this series and full of humor which can keep you laughing from the start to the end. And it doesn't have have any romantic relationship because the hero is very similar to Kang Too Jee in Woo Soo's body, a short , cocky guy and not suitable for love stories.

GeeKeR
November 24, 2007, 03:33 AM
Good to see a strong fanbase. I love mangahelpers. I've just upped chapters 313 and 314 for my group to QC. 314 marks the end of the fight (which is one of the best ever!). So you will soon be satisfied. Thanks for all your continued support! Woot!

Sorata
November 24, 2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks a lot Geeker, i really love your work for Change Guy, i worship you for letting me read Shin Jin-Ho vs Kwon Shin and Ji Kang-Hyuk vs Mah Kang-Chul:), thanks.

HARUHI_han
November 25, 2007, 11:12 PM
yeah yeah, thanks a lot for your hard work.Chapter 312 stops right at the moment which decides the victor, I'm really looking forward to the next chapters.
Sorata, now I understand your feelings after reading these chapters, I think that while Kwonshin is an innate genius , Shin Jin Ho is a genius of endeavor ( like Akira in Samurai Deeper Kyo)^^

Sorata
November 26, 2007, 05:44 AM
Yes i agree with you, the both of them resemble a lot, Shin Seijuurou(ES21)=Shin Jin-Ho and Kongo Agon(ES21)=Kwon Shin, if you like Change Guy, try Eyeshield 21, there are a lot of great characters too, and yes Shin Jin-Ho is an hard work genius like Akira(Samurai Deeper Kyo), Ippo(Hajime no Ippo), Rock Lee(Naruto), Shin(ES21), Zoro(One Piece), etc.

DragonX
November 27, 2007, 09:45 PM
313 and 314 is out, too bad he lost but it still a cool fight.

Sorata
November 28, 2007, 04:26 PM
It was an awsome fight, i was really sad when it ended, it was the most unfair fight i ever seen, a guy who works hard as Shin Jin-Ho didn´t deserve to loose, there are only 3 volumes left but i hope that Shin Jin-Ho will appear again, Shin Jin-Ho is the man:).
But after this fight i´m really confused, now that Kwon Shin won i don´t know who will be the final enemy, Kwon Shin or Sa Mong-Cho, but my guess is Sa Mong-Cho, now that Kwon Shin is weakned, Mong-Cho will defeat him and fight Woo So-Choi in the final battle...probably.

HARUHI_han
November 30, 2007, 11:23 AM
oh my God, I haven't found chap 313 314 anywhere. stoptazmo hasn't released them.
But Shin Jin HO lost, that's unfair!!The last hope perhaps will focus on Woo Soo Choi.

Sorata
November 30, 2007, 01:53 PM
You can download it on mangatraders or evil empire, both sites already have the last 2 chapters.
But this is really a strange situation, now 3 guys from the Correctional Institute are still undefeated and from the main land guys, only Woo So-Choi is left, the plot can take so many turns, it´s killing me waiting to know the end.

DragonX
November 30, 2007, 11:24 PM
It been killing me too, how strong can Kang Too-Jee become until he is the last one standing. I hope he show his hidden talent soon because he still need to fight 1 more guy after his next fight.

Sorata
December 25, 2007, 08:46 AM
Chapter 315 has come out by KMTS, go grab it, it´s a good chapter.

ChaosCloud
January 06, 2008, 06:06 AM
Can anybody post change guy raw chapter 317 and up?

Sorata
January 06, 2008, 08:26 AM
Can anybody post change guy raw chapter 317 and up?

There are no raws on the net, Geeker(the Change Guy Scanlator) buy the volumes himself, and he does the scanalation.

NightHawk451
October 04, 2008, 05:30 PM
This manwha kicks so much ass and i can believe people havent noticed this.Its waaaaaay better as a martial arts manga than naruto.I've finished every chapter and i'm still waiting for 326, but really people should discuss this more.

Its so awesome.My favorite characters are Ji Kang-Hyuk Han Kang-Ho and the immortal Shin Jin-ho i even set this guy as my youtube background.

This guy is so right about training.I actualy used his training method of punching 1000 times a day its very hard but i still try my best.

Too bad there isnt an anime of this it would be so much pwnage but i dont think there will be one ever.

Anyways i'm gonna make some fan art of jin-ho and post it here p.s THANK YOU GEEKER!

master of speed and power the immortal... Shin Jin-Ho !!

MAJOR SPOILERS LOOK AT OWN RISK...

The manwha began in 1998 and it lasted till 2006

The story stops at volume 31

If you want to spoil yourself these are the two last volumes for you to download

Volume 30: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9lhvtn7ay5b
Volume 31: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bdzxtatxetx

And did you guys know this manwha is like crazy uber popular in vietnam its even translated in vietnamese to chapter 320 dont believe me? check this truongton.net

Sorata
October 04, 2008, 09:34 PM
This manwha kicks so much ass and i can believe people havent noticed this.Its waaaaaay better as a martial arts manga than naruto.I've finished every chapter and i'm still waiting for 326, but really people should discuss this more.

Its so awesome.My favorite characters are Ji Kang-Hyuk Han Kang-Ho and the immortal Shin Jin-ho i even set this guy as my youtube background.

This guy is so right about training.I actualy used his training method of punching 1000 times a day its very hard but i still try my best.

Too bad there isnt an anime of this it would be so much pwnage but i dont think there will be one ever.

Anyways i'm gonna make some fan art of jin-ho and post it here p.s THANK YOU GEEKER!

master of speed and power the immortal... Shin Jin-Ho !!

MAJOR SPOILERS LOOK AT OWN RISK...

The manwha began in 1998 and it lasted till 2006

The story stops at volume 31

If you want to spoil yourself these are the two last volumes for you to download

Volume 30: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9lhvtn7ay5b
Volume 31: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bdzxtatxetx

And did you guys know this manwha is like crazy uber popular in vietnam its even translated in vietnamese to chapter 320 dont believe me? check this truongton.net

Wow another Change Guy and Shin Jin-Ho fan, i tought i was the only one, Shin Jin-Ho really inspired me, now i can do the 1000 punches a day, but when i tried for the first time(September 2007) i hurt a muscle on my back, both my elbows and my left wrist, i loved martial arts but i never did any, the only thing i did was weight training, but now i can do both.

Anyway if you like Shin Jin-Ho you should try the manga Eyeshield 21, there is a guy there(Shin Seijuurou) who is just like Jin-Ho, they are my favorite characters ever.

My favorite matches in CG are:
1st - Shin Jin-Ho vs Kwon Shin(i almost cried in the end of that match)
2nd - Ji Kang-Hyuk vs Ma Kang-Chul
3rd - Shin Jin-Ho vs Megal Ji-Hang

NightHawk451
October 05, 2008, 11:23 AM
Wow another Change Guy and Shin Jin-Ho fan, i tought i was the only one, Shin Jin-Ho really inspired me, now i can do the 1000 punches a day, but when i tried for the first time(September 2007) i hurt a muscle on my back, both my elbows and my left wrist, i loved martial arts but i never did any, the only thing i did was weight training, but now i can do both.

Anyway if you like Shin Jin-Ho you should try the manga Eyeshield 21, there is a guy there(Shin Seijuurou) who is just like Jin-Ho, they are my favorite characters ever.

My favorite matches in CG are:
1st - Shin Jin-Ho vs Kwon Shin(i almost cried in the end of that match)
2nd - Ji Kang-Hyuk vs Ma Kang-Chul
3rd - Shin Jin-Ho vs Megal Ji-Hang

lol i know i watched every episode of eyeshield 21 and i'm reading the manga but if there was an anime of change guy it would pwn so much.
The reason i read change guy is because its a delinquent fight manga they realy realy should make an anime of this!!!

serpent lord
January 16, 2009, 12:02 PM
still got no news from change guy???

Sorata
January 16, 2009, 12:39 PM
still got no news from change guy???

KMTS just released the last chapters from volume 30 last week, there is only one volume left to end.

Unholy
November 08, 2009, 11:08 PM
why isn't there more!
I demand a change guy 2!

I dunno why u would want that, i think the manga prolly lost popularity or something like that and had to end faster than it should or at least thats what i hope for.The last 2-3 volumes were quite rushed and the story just sucked on those last few volumes, if the author had just kept the tornaument going end it with the male lead winning and everybody going back home that would be fine with me, however instead he pulls a major bullshit that an organization is keeping that place to use the strongest prisioners to explore some stuff on a land that is radioative.That is really lame, as far as i know there is not such thing "im stronger i can last longer on a radioative land", besides that no one would ever cooperate with the said organization if they were going to die anyway why help the ones that are sending them to their deaths?The other annoing things are the explanations for for all those twists were rather short and not well thought and the fact that on the last volume they introduce a guy out of nowhere that is stronger than the strongest delinquent and in like a chapter or 2 the male lead just beats that guy like its nothing especial.I cant understand what made the author introduce this many twists and new char when the manga was about to end, i really liked this manga but the ending pretty much ruined most of the fun i had with it.

Sorata
November 09, 2009, 09:41 AM
I dunno why u would want that, i think the manga prolly lost popularity or something like that and had to end faster than it should or at least thats what i hope for.The last 2-3 volumes were quite rushed and the story just sucked on those last few volumes, if the author had just kept the tornaument going end it with the male lead winning and everybody going back home that would be fine with me, however instead he pulls a major bullshit that an organization is keeping that place to use the strongest prisioners to explore some stuff on a land that is radioative.That is really lame, as far as i know there is not such thing "im stronger i can last longer on a radioative land", besides that no one would ever cooperate with the said organization if they were going to die anyway why help the ones that are sending them to their deaths?The other annoing things are the explanations for for all those twins were rather short and not well thought and the fact that on the last volume they introduce a guy out of nowhere that is stronger than the strongest delinquent and in like a chapter or 2 the male lead just beats that guy like its nothing especial.I cant understand what made the author introduce this many twists and new char when the manga was about to end, i really liked this manga but the ending pretty much ruined most of the fun i had with it.

I agree with you 100%, after the Shin Jin-Ho/Kwon Shin figt the manga went downhill, we never got to see Cho Sa-Mong in a real fight because his fight with Kang Too-Jee was too easy and the one with Woo So-Choi was to fast and didn´t end, it´s still one of my favorite manga but the end is awfull.