PDA

View Full Version : The Kaze thread

georgemarvin
September 04, 2008, 09:51 PM
I thought I would make a thread dedicated to that gentle giant, Kaze. He doesn't use weapons, he doesn't use stealth. He just hits everything. Hard. He's not afraid to go man-to-man against Nurarihyon or the Oni. He isn't nearly as dumb as he looks, either.
I like Kaze; if nothing else, because he looks like me, beard and all. But I'm not built that well; I'm just a 175 pound weakling. My father was 6'1, 220 pounds of pure muscle. His arms were as big as my legs. I always wished that I was that strong, but I inherited my mother's side of the family's leaner build.
Kaze is that steady, dependable team member who enjoys the fight but isn't a superstar despite his great size and strength.
If Kaze hadn't decided to take care of Takeshi, he would have probably stayed in Gantz forever. As it is, he may decide to leave because if he dies, that will leave Takeshi without anybody to take care of him. During this last mission, Kaze was more interested in taking care of Takeshi than in trying to prove that he was the best warrior. His priorities are changing.

As I grew up, I realized that a lot of people assumed my father was as dumb as a brick because of his looks. But he had an IQ of 130; just because Kaze is big and strong doesn't mean he's weak-minded. We haven't seen enough of Kaze to see if the same holds true for him. I think we'll be surprised in the future when Oku shows him playing chess or reading some advanced textbook.

I like the fact that Kaze has a strong sense of morality, and seems to be very reliable. If you're in a battle, you want allies who will watch your back, not stab you in it. That makes him a lot more valuable to a team than Izumi was.

But Kaze has some problems. He won't use weapons or stealth; in real life, that would give him a life expectancy that could be measured in minutes. His first battle would be his last. He needs to learn when not to fight; sometimes stealth or a sniper rifle is better than a strong fist. Since he evidently doesn't like x-guns, he needs a custom weapon. That suit with the big arms that Oka was wearing would be perfect.

MissingLimb
September 04, 2008, 10:33 PM
I'm glad this thread finally got started. Kaze definitely deserved it. He's been one of my favorite characters since his first appearance. He's noble, driven, caring (for Takeshi at least), and more than anything, strong.

On the Oka suit/ weapons (or lack thereof) thing:
I'd love to see Kaze in the beefed up gorilla suit. He's already proven himself to be superhuman without a Gantz suit; with a Gantz suit godly, so I can't wait to see him take that to the next level. Then again, he might not think its fair to use the Oka suit:darn

About Takeshi:
This is just my own opinion, but I think the lat couple missions showed us that its actually safer in Gantz than out. With civilian populations being attacked, I know I'd rather have an arsenal of futuristic weapons at my disposal than run around defenseless and in the dark. Kaze probably realizes this, and will keep himself and Takeshi in Gantz while trying to boost their survival rates (Oka suit, BFG, etc..).

Do you really look like Kaze (I don't care if you don't have muscles)? I mean down to the over-arched eyebrows and everything? Thats the most %$@#in amazing thing I've ever heard.

Masterchief
September 04, 2008, 11:05 PM
kaze isnt really a favourite character of mine but I dont hate him either. I just think hes too silent i mean it looks as if hes not really with the team just there by himself. but if he were to stay in gantz what would he use his points for?

Kozar927
September 05, 2008, 12:45 AM
I love Kaze. Since he first appeared I knew i would be a huge fan. Enough said.

RuinX
September 05, 2008, 11:37 PM
I think Oku made a great choice in implementing Kaze into the gantz world and Kaze is such a powerhouse badass, who wouldn't think hes impressive? Kaze fights are great and if I could get Oka to fight against Kaze with just Fists in his gorilla suit and no laser pew pew BS or swords then I guarantee Kaze would wtf/own him easily. To me I do agree that in some moments of fights that Kaze has participated in that it is better to pick up a sword, rifle, and or go stealth instead of the good ol rambo mode except without the weapons of course, but that's what make him amazing. Kaze's strength and technique improve with every fight and now that he has Takeshi his skills as a fighter keeps going up, but can also backfire him as well, hope Takeshi doesn't die anytime soon or i'll cryz. Anyway now that Kurono is back it'll probably make Kaze happy to know that there is one more gantzer who can make a difference, I think ever since Kurono man handled the oni boss with everyone made him think differently of the so-called leader. Anywho we haven't seen it all yet, but Kaze is definately not retarded, we'll probably see his intelligence in the next mission and possibly more kickass fight scenes of him and kurono, but I would like to see tokyo after the osaka deal.

Quetz
September 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
I'm glad this thread finally got started. Kaze definitely deserved it. He's been one of my favorite characters since his first appearance. He's noble, driven, caring (for Takeshi at least), and more than anything, strong.

On the Oka suit/ weapons (or lack thereof) thing:
I'd love to see Kaze in the beefed up gorilla suit. He's already proven himself to be superhuman without a Gantz suit; with a Gantz suit godly, so I can't wait to see him take that to the next level. Then again, he might not think its fair to use the Oka suit:darn

About Takeshi:
This is just my own opinion, but I think the lat couple missions showed us that its actually safer in Gantz than out. With civilian populations being attacked, I know I'd rather have an arsenal of futuristic weapons at my disposal than run around defenseless and in the dark. Kaze probably realizes this, and will keep himself and Takeshi in Gantz while trying to boost their survival rates (Oka suit, BFG, etc..).

Do you really look like Kaze (I don't care if you don't have muscles)? I mean down to the over-arched eyebrows and everything? Thats the most %$@#in amazing thing I've ever heard.

Futuristic weapons or no, you're guarenteed a front row seat to the carnage every time if you're on the gantz squad.

To be honest, I hope takeshi dies before kaze does. That would make kaze realize that he'd be the only one who would revive him, and that he would need to mature as a fighter to get closer to a 100% chance of reviving the little guy.

Masterchief
September 10, 2008, 10:57 PM
I dunna i mean as far as unrealistic goes kaze is definently not as believeable as the rest of the team. Then again a celebrity, an old man and 2 esp users make that 1 now, guess he kinda fits in. Maybe oku just wanted to to show that anyone can play gantz with any weapon even fists. I do wonder tho how strong kaze must be if he is able to take out aliens with fists alone

georgemarvin
September 11, 2008, 09:03 AM
I dunna i mean as far as unrealistic goes kaze is definently not as believeable as the rest of the team. Then again a celebrity, an old man and 2 esp users make that 1 now, guess he kinda fits in. Maybe oku just wanted to to show that anyone can play gantz with any weapon even fists. I do wonder tho how strong kaze must be if he is able to take out aliens with fists alone

unrealistic??? Kaze??? Kaze is a mountain of a man, but not that unusual. There are lots of 6'3, 250 pound powerhouses around. Just take a stroll around the local gym. Look at the NFL, look at the drill sergeant at the local army reserve, watch a wrestling or boxing match. It's not that unusual for them to want to be the best at their chosen sport, either. There are literally millions of real-life Kazes out there. The only thing unrealistic about Kaze is that he has survived in the war against the aliens without using a weapon. Then again, most of the aliens don't use weapons, either. As long as they don't shoot at him, he can survive.

I'm about 90% convinced that esp is fake. Then again, it is possible. But I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that somebody could lift a grown human being. I remember when I was a kid, there used to be a travelling salesman who would come to the store and do a few tricks that I never have figured out. He would flip a coin that was lying on the counter; he once put an ouija board on the table and people would ask questions; the needle moved to letters without anybody touching it. He claimed it was will power. But I think he had to be using magnets or something; I just never figured out exactly how he did it. I remember that I looked under the board for a magnet but didn't find one. Verdict: Killing something by rupturing a blood vessel or moving something small is a slight possibility. Stopping bullets and lifting people isn't. They are totally unbelievable.

There are a lot of old people who could make it in the Gantz world. That one is 100% believable. It's the young people who would be reckless and hasty. The old folks have experience on their side.

A celebrity wouldn't be that far-fetched. They die like everybody else. In fact, if you look at the numbers, they are more likely to die young and to die a violent death than about any other segment of the population. Look at the movie star data base, and you will see just how likely it would be that one of them got sent to Gantz. Like muscular men, there are a LOT of celebs out there. Anybody could probably name a couple of thousand of them if they tried. Here in the US, there are currently something in the range of 10,000 people employed as actors on TV shows. There are a little over 300,000 models listed in one online directory.

Remember that Gantz usually picks people who have died in something traumatic, like a car crash, a daring escape, a fight, etc.; the only person who died in bed was the politician in the first mission. People who fight a lot are going to be muscular. Celebs often die violently. And Tokyo would be like Hollywood, a center where lots of the movie stars live. The odds of getting a celeb in any group of rookies would probably be a little less than 1% on any given mission, not great but not unrealistic.

ANBU4U
September 11, 2008, 01:38 PM
Given the latest missions I agree with MissingLimb, its safer to be IN Gantz than out.

Kei is the perfect example, He never would have died if he HAD his memories at least.

I guess thats the real bad part about leaving Gantz...if you do you're still in a world of danger....perhaps even being hunted (Vampires, Oni), only you have no clue about it, and no means to protect yourself.

Kei was a fool to think he'd be ok after leaving.

And considering recent developments this is probably more ture than ever, who in their right mind would opt to leave Gantz now?

Masterchief
September 11, 2008, 10:49 PM
when I was talking about kaze i meant that he fights without weapons, also the fact that he could stand his ground for sometime against kurono with a suit on. As for the rest of team i meant it was unrealisitic how they all were at the same place at the same time and out of the 100 people who died there were chose to go to the room.

georgemarvin
September 12, 2008, 01:12 AM
when I was talking about kaze i meant that he fights without weapons, also the fact that he could stand his ground for sometime against kurono with a suit on. As for the rest of team i meant it was unrealisitic how they all were at the same place at the same time and out of the 100 people who died there were chose to go to the room.
The suit enhances the wearer's strength. Kei can probably bench press 150 pounds, Kaze might press 500 pounds. If the suit increases your strength by 10x, for instance, which seems to be about its limit, a suited tKei would be much stronger than a suitless Kaze. He would have a distinct advantage in a fight with Kaze, but an experienced fighter like Kaze would still get in a few good blows. On the other hand, if they are both wearing suits, Kaze would be about three times as strong as Kei; he can probably pick up a full-size car and hurl it at the enemy if he wants to. Kei would have trouble lifting a motorcycle.

Izumi chose a crowded shopping center to attack. Gantz evidently chooses people at least partly due to how they died. He seems to like to choose people who were fighting. Out of the hundreds of people who died, only a few fought back. Most of them just fell to the bullets or got trampled by the crowd. Gantz didn't actually have that many candidates to choose from.

Unholy
September 12, 2008, 08:50 AM
Im not really a fan of kaze, he is the best hand to hand fighter from tokyo whoever he hardly talks that kind bothers me u never know what he is thinking.Anyway if he dosent drop his stuped pride i doubt he will survive the next few missions, fighting hand to hand is cool and he is great at that but against many of the aliens out there it would be useless, oku just left kaze to fight aliens that could be defeated by pure streght.I doubt kaze would have won against something like the dino boss and that thing wasent even that powerfull, kaze would be alot deadly if he at least used the sword if he wants to protect the kid so badly he should start using weapons.

georgemarvin
September 12, 2008, 09:17 AM
The gorilla suit that Oka wore would be perfect for Kaze. With that, he wouldn't have to use weapons; just smash anything he sees, and have protection against even Nura-zilla strength attacks. Until he gets that, though, he had better use an x-gun. Otherwise, something is going to chop him in half with a laser or nura's radiation attack before he gets within 100 feet of it.

TheGenius
September 18, 2008, 12:06 AM
I always liked Kaze and he is training the future. Takeshi, which will be a merge between a weapon user and a brawler, which means good in any situation. He is an expert at what he does, and that should be enough.

Kozar927
September 21, 2008, 05:44 PM
I think kaze will make takeshi leave when he reaches 100 then kaze will try to leave after that.

Masterchief
September 22, 2008, 09:30 PM
genius you still think takeshi is the future? I doubt anyone would stay in gantz for 10 years, well maybe after 1000 points depending on the rewards. Also if kaze were to make takeshi leave, takeshi would just end up back in the situation he started in and back to getting beat by that a**hole.

Kozar927
September 23, 2008, 01:11 PM
well obviously he would live with kaze not wander back to his old house... lol

Masterchief
September 23, 2008, 06:59 PM
no he wouldnt, leaving gantz means losing your memory you get transferred out presumably to where you were before you were in gantz.

Kozar927
September 23, 2008, 07:38 PM
Duh :: smacks face with palm :: the memory wipe.... Im having a slow day :s
lol

Quetz
September 24, 2008, 12:26 PM
Takeshi's situation right before he went to gantz was calling out for an imaginary figure that looks exactly(ish?) like kaze, after having the shit kick out of him by his parents. If takeshi gets out, he'll only have to deal with being traumatized by his parent's beatings, instead of having to deal with that AND barely escaping death dozens of times on a regular basis while surrounded with blood/gore/etc.

If Kaze thought it out at all, he'd be able to simply write himself a note or something, with instructions on what all exactly happened, why there's a kid living with him now, etc. I'm not sure if that is allowed by Gantz, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

All that aside, though, I think that the whole gantz chain of events will come to an end soon, and if takeshi and kaze are still alive at that point then they'll just simply move on like that.

georgemarvin
September 24, 2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah, the world knows about them now; there's really no reason for Gantz to erase their memories any more. But that doesn't mean that he will actually quit wiping them.

If Kaze took the memory wipe and went home, he wouldn't even know that he had even met Takeshi.

And there is another problem. If Kaze stayed in Gantz and made Takeshi take option 1, he would be sent back to his parents' house. Takeshi didn't know where he lived, so Kaze doesn't know where Takeshi lived. He would probably just end up dead again in a few months.

Kozar927
September 24, 2008, 01:19 PM
looks like this chapter will be strictly, cool down and lovey dovy stuff. Nothing new im guess, I could be wrong though

Zamamee
September 25, 2008, 03:36 AM
The way I see it is that Kaze will keep fighting on and on even if he surpasses 100 points until Takeshi has 100 points and leaves, I believe Kaze will make him leave at that time. Because for Takeshi it would be much better for him to leave Gantz, no matter how good you are sooner or later you will die in Gantz if you stay (Oka), especially If you're a little child like Takeshi (death is almost certain for anyone in Gantz if they stay let alone a small child). Therefore Takeshi stands a better chance outside Gantz even If it is a harsh world hes going back too.

Remember this is Gantz and that nobody is safe, both Kaze and Takeshi may die whilst fighting in Gantz..... they both may not even make it to the end.

Kozar927
September 25, 2008, 08:13 AM
^

I was just reminded of the problem with that theory. They wouldnt remember each other. lol

TheGenius
September 26, 2008, 04:23 PM
Yes I do believe that that Takeshi is the future. I mean, the aliens will never stop coming here, who will be there to hunt them? Takeshi is it people, and Kaze is there to teach him.

Masterchief
September 26, 2008, 09:11 PM
that would be kinda shonen dont you think? also we would need at least 200 more chapters to cover that in which case -happy face-.

georgemarvin
September 27, 2008, 08:29 PM
@missinglimb:
This is me.
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-96899

Masterchief
September 27, 2008, 09:04 PM
omg u do look like kaze now just go bench press 200 pounds 99999 times a day and youll be ready for cosplay

kaliayev
September 28, 2008, 05:49 AM
this talk about kaze throwing cars at people makes me think gantz should give him a suit that turns green whenever he starts fighting.

@george
based on that pic, i think you need to reintroduce nap time to your daily schedule (yeah, i know you don't have the same amount of free time we young ones do). XD. i wonder how much hair gel/lack of bathing it would take to get your hair to stick up as much as kaze's. plus, you'd need to trim back the facial hair a bit...speaking of which, why would a bum bother dealing with a grooming kit?

@genius
i'm assigning you the responsibility of coloring us a pic of hulk kaze. we already have one marvel knockoff thanks to oku; i think it's time we add another.

warbandit66
September 28, 2008, 07:23 AM
I can definately see the resembelance to Kaze in that pic, and I guessed you were a writer, explains the nature and length of your posts.

TheGenius
September 28, 2008, 06:03 PM
this talk about kaze throwing cars at people makes me think gantz should give him a suit that turns green whenever he starts fighting.

@george
based on that pic, i think you need to reintroduce nap time to your daily schedule (yeah, i know you don't have the same amount of free time we young ones do). XD. i wonder how much hair gel/lack of bathing it would take to get your hair to stick up as much as kaze's. plus, you'd need to trim back the facial hair a bit...speaking of which, why would a bum bother dealing with a grooming kit?

@genius
i'm assigning you the responsibility of coloring us a pic of hulk kaze. we already have one marvel knockoff thanks to oku; i think it's time we add another.

Will do, soon as I get my laptop back....Damned Vista and HP....

Masterchief
September 28, 2008, 06:37 PM
hp failed seriously? thank god for my macbook then. Seriously tho anyone find it wierd kaze was gone last chapter and in this one

Kissafish
October 07, 2008, 07:56 PM
Oh Cool! a Kaze Thread! I never thought there would be one but it's all good :D

I just read all the new chapter and hope they last till the end :/

Kozar927
October 07, 2008, 09:45 PM
@george

yah you really do look like him dang. You look more identical to a kid I went to high school with lol

looks like what ever you do it going good. Congrats!

putopooche
November 16, 2008, 02:00 AM
well.. muscle rider is not actually cool.. i dont like his high pride in martial arts.. if he wants to save takeshi and fight the aliens because he wants to.. then must use all the possiblities in able to survive:p

Amigo!
January 10, 2009, 01:03 AM
i wonder what kaze will use his 100 points on if he frees the boy he will be alone, if he frees himself he wont remember the boy.

Charlie
January 31, 2009, 04:11 PM
Kaze does not seem to be type that would use the 100 points to free himself. I think the Gantz world was the one Kaze was searching for all-along. He needs to test his strength against strong opponents all the time.

I think Kaze's strength and weakness will be Takashi, I would love to see an alien use his head and take advantage of that situation.

Amigo!
January 31, 2009, 04:34 PM
i guess what i ment was he kaze cares alot for take so how will he insure his safety i would say that he would ask gantz to free him, but how can he insure the kids well being...
p.s. in a rush for work sloppy as hell right now.

JediKnight
January 31, 2009, 05:02 PM
I like Kaze, reminds me of a cool version of Gai. I just hope he doesn't die.
Too bad there will be a problem when Kaze gets 100pts again. If Kaze and
boy are free they'll forget each other. But Gantz has been acting funny lately. They could be freed without the memories of being Gantz hunters and still have the memories of each other. Probably impossible, but could happen.

Amigo!
March 12, 2009, 04:25 AM
well he got 100pts before and chose to revive nishi so we know what he would do, i guess he is just waiting for takeshi to get 100pts before he does anything escape wise...

ownage404
May 04, 2011, 04:40 PM
well its pretty far into the manga and kaze is still alive yay
I couldn't handle all the people dying in the start of this manga(i guess im just weak willed).
I was restlessly waiting to see a permanent cast of people for Gantz, and thank god we have one now. If anyone else dies, i will kill myself and get sent to the Gantz room :p