PDA

View Full Version : The End of the Mugiwara's Adventure

Kilik
August 06, 2006, 06:25 PM
I don't think they'll go through a timeskip like in naruto, but it will be interesting to see how the story progresses from here, what is going to be the next island on the grandline that they'll visit and how close are they to finding the one piece, I think Oda has shown us the turning point and now everything is working towards the finale of Luffy and his Mugiwara Pirates, but with Oda's creativity we can never be for sure

I don't think we are even close to the end unless the end is them all dying. The reason I say this is because they have barely done the grandline and they haven't even faced any of the other pirates out there that are more powerful than they are... which is why I think that there will be a time warp. I mean come on, luffy is having trouble killing lucchi in this state that is costing him part of his life, how is he going to take on the schibukai or even aokiji.

I hope that they are nowhere near the end. But I think we can start a new thread if we are going to discuss the end of the mugiwara's.

I don't think we are anywhere near the end of one piece just that after the Enies Lobby comes to a close it's all heading in that direction but it could go on for another 400 chapters *crosses fingers* what does everybody else think?

jabbament
August 06, 2006, 06:45 PM
Its got quite a life left in it. You're right, there is so much still left to do:

- Pirates Summit
- Luffy vs Ao Kiji
- Zoro vs Mihawk
- Strawhats vs Blackbeard Crew
- Finding out about the "D."
- Fighting the other Admirals
- Fighting the Shichibukai
- Shanks / Whitebeard meeting
- Getting to the last Island on Grand-line
- Becomming the Pirate King
- Making a map of the world
- Finding All-Blue
- Finding out what One Piece is.
- Learning about the "True History"
- Being chased by more Marines / Bounty Hunters
- Having Luffy's bounty hit the billion mark (ya never know :p)

And there's plenty more I'm obviously forgetting. :s

One Piece will live on for years! If a boxing manga can live on for 600+ chapters, One Piece can also.

Kilik
August 06, 2006, 06:51 PM
You left out the reunion between Luffy and Shanks and the inevitable fight that will follow to see if Luffy is still worthy of the strawhat

jabbament
August 06, 2006, 06:56 PM
Very true. I've been dying to know about that. I mean, Shanks is incredibly strong (hell, even Mihawk wants to fight him, and the World Government keeps a close eye on his movements), but his trademark is his red hair, not the hat. Luffy is incredibly strong, but his is trademark is the "Muigwara". I hope it happens soon...maybe the Pirate's Summit. :p

And there are still plenty more, and you know there are going to be more random enemies that pop up in any future arc. Oh, Buggy and Alvida need to make a re-appearance, though they're more comical than frightening.

I still want to see the whole mystery known as, "Luffy and Ace's parents".

Kilik
August 06, 2006, 07:11 PM
Heh, I bet his lineage goes Gol. D. Roger----> Shanks O.o ------> Luffy now that would kick ass :-P
he just kept it a secret because he didn't want him to get hurt, he had to have had some reason to stay in that town longer that usual

shinwei
August 06, 2006, 09:45 PM
There's also the ancient weapons and the 100 lost years of history to go over.

alazim
August 06, 2006, 09:52 PM
yap..positelvly dis story have long way to go b4 come to end..it still have more question that not been answer yet.. :noworry

Its got quite a life left in it. You're right, there is so much still left to do:

- Pirates Summit
- Luffy vs Ao Kiji
- Zoro vs Mihawk
- Strawhats vs Blackbeard Crew
- Finding out about the "D."
- Fighting the other Admirals
- Fighting the Shichibukai
- Shanks / Whitebeard meeting
- Getting to the last Island on Grand-line
- Becomming the Pirate King
- Making a map of the world
- Finding All-Blue
- Finding out what One Piece is.
- Learning about the "True History"
- Being chased by more Marines / Bounty Hunters
- Having Luffy's bounty hit the billion mark (ya never know :p)

And there's plenty more I'm obviously forgetting. :s

One Piece will live on for years! If a boxing manga can live on for 600+ chapters, One Piece can also.

Zero1986
August 06, 2006, 10:01 PM
Umm .. don't you think that the events taking place at enies lobby right now is enough to make Luffy's bounty jump from a mere 100 million for barely doing anything to well over 1 billion for doing something that no pirate has ever dreamed of daring to do in the past century?

Even baa-chan said that once the events of this arc are over, whether the mugiwara's live or die, Strawhat Luffy's name will roar across the world unlike anything before. I mean for christ's sake, he declared war against the world government. If you don't get an increase in bounty for that, then you might as well stop trying.

Kilik
August 06, 2006, 10:29 PM
It will increase his bounty yes but not to over 1 billion maybe 500 mil but not a billion

fremeer
August 07, 2006, 12:06 AM
luffy will get a billion eventually. Look at how much some of the 7 pirates are worth. 600 million and stuff. Considering we see flamingo or something during the skypeia arc going after luffy i think that will be the next thing after the current arc. i think luffy is around 400 million at the moment in terms of whats his done, maybe more cause they should get through the buster call and destroy the marine place.

Obito
August 07, 2006, 08:10 AM
Well I don't think Luffys bounty should exceed Whitebeards or Shanks just yet since he is just reaching that level (well he probably has still a long way to go to reach Whitebeards level). But what im looking forward to is the pirate summit and more flashbacks of Gold Roger.

alazim
August 09, 2006, 01:14 AM
the bounty on straw has absolutly will increase..but from 100 mil-400 mil it will be to high..as we can see right know the highest bounty around 300 mill..that highest bounty also for shichibukai..not for mere pirate..i not say that SH a mere pirate afte he declare war with gov..but SH still new in pirate world..i estimated it would be around 300 mill..
as for shank and whitebeard will still don't know their bounty..
as i say b4 dis dis story has long way to go b4 end..

DesiSkull
August 09, 2006, 04:04 AM
you know.. like that crocodile-arc... WG gave credit to the smoker... they might do the similar thing.. but then again this is gonna be too big to cover up entirely.... but ofc this will make his bounty go way up as well everyone else will have one on strawhat crew...

Lohnt
August 09, 2006, 04:41 AM
The highest bounty we've seen so far isn't over 400 million, there is no way in hell Luffy will get 400 mill, most likely he'll get 250-300, personally I hope it's 250 so that he's JUST under Shichibukai, that way he's still the underdog when he fights them, otherwise it won't be as exciting, if he's just suddenly got a bounty that's higher than Donflamingo who seems to be more dangerous than Luffy now.

alazim
August 09, 2006, 05:21 AM
you know.. like that crocodile-arc... WG gave credit to the smoker... they might do the similar thing.. but then again this is gonna be too big to cover up entirely.... but ofc this will make his bounty go way up as well everyone else will have one on strawhat crew...

in crocdile arc WG give credit to smoker because SH's fight with pirate..but dis time they fight with Wg itself..it would be odd if WG cover dis arc, with given credit to other marine official without any reason..
but i think WG will some how think to cover this incident from know by other people..they also need to cover their pride..

DesiSkull
August 09, 2006, 07:00 PM
The highest bounty we've seen so far isn't over 400 million, there is no way in hell Luffy will get 400 mill, most likely he'll get 250-300, personally I hope it's 250 so that he's JUST under Shichibukai, that way he's still the underdog when he fights them, otherwise it won't be as exciting, if he's just suddenly got a bounty that's higher than Donflamingo who seems to be more dangerous than Luffy now.
you are right dude.. the most i see it goin to 200mil. he has to be a underdog.. thts more exciting to watch..

alazim
August 10, 2006, 03:58 AM
yap..luffy can't surpass shichibukai right now..luffy bounty should below them..

jabbament
August 10, 2006, 08:13 AM
yap..luffy can't surpass shichibukai right now..luffy bounty should below them..
Though I have no idea what this has to do with when will the Mugiwara's adventure end, Shichibukai doesn't have a set "level", its all about fame. Crocodile was only 80 million, so technically Luffy is already at Shichibukai level...though I'm sure the rest are a lot higher, it stands to reason that as long as you're a name to be feared, you qualify to be Shichibukai.

Oh, and that's another thing. We've only seen 4 Shichibukai out of the 7...I'm actually very curious to see the other 3...yet one more thing they have to do before the end of One Piece.

DesiSkull
August 10, 2006, 09:27 PM
Oh, and that's another thing. We've only seen 4 Shichibukai out of the 7...I'm actually very curious to see the other 3...yet one more thing they have to do before the end of One Piece.
im pretty sure after surviving the BC and all.. they will shed more light on those remaining 3 Shichibukai.. [such as a meeting might be called where everyoneof them has to be present and probably picking one to replace crocodile] it will be interesting how luffy gonna deal with them but ofc he wont be dealing with them all himself.. zoro and etc will also get their share init..

alazim
August 11, 2006, 04:01 AM
yap..i also agree after dis when can see all the member of shichibukai maybe the will held a meeting to invite luffy to join them..after all luffy has defeted crocdile and they also don't have any person dat suaitable for join them..

destinator
August 11, 2006, 04:14 AM
Even OP has already 400+ chapters it just feels like everythings beginning...okay sounds a bit over exaggerated but I cant imagine that OP will end in the next years...at least another 400 chapters seem quite possible :D (8 years ftw >.<)

overkill
August 11, 2006, 11:35 AM
just a thought, since the last few posts were regarding the Shichibukai...

though in general, the bounties are similar to a "ranking" system, and can be used to determine how strong a person is, i don't think that it necessarily applies to the Shichibukai, because (1) the bounty stops after you become a Shichibukai, even though you may get stronger and (2) Shichibukai are not picked based on bounty, but based on how well they can handle other pirates.

for example, Blackbeard is currently not very well known (at the meeting where a member of his crew nominated Blackbeard for Crocidiles "seat," nobody knew who he was), and therefore would have a very low (if any) bounty. let's assume that he does kill Luffy and he gets the Shichibukai seat... then when they introduce him as a Shichibukai, it's going to say:

"Blackbeard
aka Marshall D. Teach
Shichibukai
(former bounty 0 Berries)"

so, even though Crocidile has a "low" bounty of 80 million, that does not necessarily mean that he'll lose to someone with a higher bounty.

what's my point? good question... i forgot... does this make sense? still early in the morning for me. :smile-big

spactaa
August 11, 2006, 11:52 AM
It makes sense, bounty ain't strenght, luffy is always beating dudes with higher bounty than him lol. Bounty is fame (and a chocolate) that's why you can't trust the bountys, and that's why everybody judging luffy on his bounty get beaten badly!!
If luffy does somethin that never been done before, like crushing enies lobby, he can get a bounty that no one got before. A bounty that make you a dead man, and that's maybe why other pirate never did what he did, not cause they couldn't do it but because they wheren't crazy enough.

DesiSkull
August 12, 2006, 04:11 AM
It makes sense, bounty ain't strenght, luffy is always beating dudes with higher bounty than him lol. Bounty is fame (and a chocolate) that's why you can't trust the bountys, and that's why everybody judging luffy on his bounty get beaten badly!!
If luffy does somethin that never been done before, like crushing enies lobby, he can get a bounty that no one got before. A bounty that make you a dead man, and that's maybe why other pirate never did what he did, not cause they couldn't do it but because they wheren't crazy enough.

yeh it makes sense.. and ofc he will be a deadman walkin after this EL-arc.. no matter where he goes.. marines gonna be on his ass.. tht will only make things that much more interesting.. cant wait..

mugen
August 19, 2006, 10:45 PM
Has anybody ever wondered that perhaps the D. initial might stand for devil?

DesiSkull
August 20, 2006, 01:12 AM
luffy [devil] monkey nah sounds doesnt right at all. and it wont something tht obivious of thing

mugen
August 20, 2006, 03:54 AM
Okay perhaps Mokey Devil Luffy does'nt sound right but how about Gol Devil Roger. Huh? Or Devil Ace.

hrseber
August 20, 2006, 07:58 PM
This reminds me of Trigun. Where Vash the Stampeedo (I spell it the way they pronounce it)... He had a bounty of $$60,000,000,000 and then after he blew a hole in the moon he was classified as an act of God.

I kind of like the idea of Luffy having no bounty, but just a label like "Enemy No. 1", "Destroyer of CP9", something to that extent.. also we are all off topic a bit since we are meant to be talking about the ending of the series. I realize the label thing sounds a little too close to being named Pirate King but I think that is very important.

One thing I think will definitely happen is that Luffy can not become Pirate King without losing at least one of his nakama. Just like they lost the going merry I think this will have to be an inevitable fate that we will have to accept... As for who that Nakama is, I can't guess (though most would say Ussop, I don't think so).

rennokun
August 21, 2006, 04:45 AM
isnt the shichibukai work for the goverment by giving govermemnt the money they stole from other pirate if so then luffy goin to have the highest bounty there is since he declare the war to all the nation. it will be exceeding 360 mil since thats the bounty of one of the shichibukai i think not sure ill go check

mugen
August 26, 2006, 10:36 PM
Has anybody noticed that the color red might hold an importance to da D. initial. Cuz so far everybody with it has somthing red such as Gol D. Roger's cape, Luffy's red shirt and recently Saul has red hair. I don't know just something I thought of. Also anybody ever noticed Shank's full name has yet to be revealed. If he has one that is. :o

DesiSkull
August 28, 2006, 01:26 AM
there are 5 character with D. intials in their names.
Luffy D. Monkey
Portgas D. Ace
Marshall D. Teach
Gol D. Roger
Jaguar D. Saul
Roger and Saul. one of them is speculated to be luffys grandfather

mugen
August 28, 2006, 05:49 PM
Anyways anybody knows what Ace meant when he told Luffy when he said the next time they'll meet at the pirate's summit. Could be the last setting of One Piece. Also we have'nt seen Shanks and Whitebeard meeting. Have a feeling Shanks and Whitebeard might fight. With Shanks revealing his relationship with Treach and Ace.

(also hope VIZ does'nt change Ace's name) ha ha ha

Kank
August 29, 2006, 03:53 AM
Anyways anybody knows what Ace meant when he told Luffy when he said the next time they'll meet at the pirate's summit. Could be the last setting of One Piece. Also we have'nt seen Shanks and Whitebeard meeting. Have a feeling Shanks and Whitebeard might fight. With Shanks revealing his relationship with Treach and Ace.

I think Ace is saying "see you at the finishing line."

Also, it is under my suspicion that we'll see a deviate plan run by Blackbeard to capture Shanks, Luffy, and/or WhiteBeard. This will definitly increase his reputation to a shichibukai level that his crew is trying to reach. That'd be a full saga with that could show Whitebeard and Shank's Captain's Log.

Another saga could be the connection of will of D to the lost history of one piece. Here's where Dragon would be key.

If you count Frankie, the crew has 8 people that has room for 2 more for Luffy's target 10. Well anyway, that's my speculation of the end of the adventure.

mugen
September 10, 2006, 02:09 PM
Rather then ask how their journey ends. Who do you thik he's going to fight last The world goverment or an other pirate. and which one?

Lohnt
September 10, 2006, 02:35 PM
Red is the color of leading Shonen characters that's all..

renrutal
September 10, 2006, 04:39 PM
there are 5 character with D. intials in their names.
Luffy D. Monkey
Portgas D. Ace
Marshall D. Teach
Gol D. Roger
Jaguar D. Saul
Roger and Saul. one of them is speculated to be luffys grandfather

Just one small correction if we are going to use the surname-name system like you did in the last 4 names, then lets correct luffy's order: It's Monkey D. Luffy (or Ruffy, phonetically)

-----

Right now I'm not much interested only in Luffy's new bounty, I'd rather prefer to think about the bounty of the whole crew. I'm sure all the 8 together, Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin and Franky, can go well over half a billion berries, maybe exactly a billion.

The Billion Berry Crew would be a very nice cheesy name for the Mugiwara.

DesiSkull
September 10, 2006, 05:37 PM

its possible. but i dont see Nami or Usopp or chopper getting big bountys. but they all have some. it should be interesting to see how much of luffy, zoro, sanji, robin, and franky gets.

bax
September 13, 2006, 03:35 PM

That name is really suitable for the Mugiwara (it would be an astounding record though - the least crew on board but with the highest bounty in history). I believe their combined bounty will be 1 billion anyway, if not immediately after this arc. Maybe it will be at the end of OP if it's not now.

Efreet
December 22, 2006, 04:26 AM
the end of the mugiwara adventure will be when:

luffy gets one piece
zoro beats mihawk..

and so on....until all their dreams are completed

Absolutio
December 23, 2006, 11:15 AM
That name is really suitable for the Mugiwara (it would be an astounding record though - the least crew on board but with the highest bounty in history). I believe their combined bounty will be 1 billion anyway, if not immediately after this arc. Maybe it will be at the end of OP if it's not now.

I don't think 1 billion worth bounties of a crew is the highest bounty.. Just think for example of Shanks' crew.. We saw when he made the first connections with WhiteBeard, he sent his new recuite, the newbie of the crew. A 96 million bounty guy.. Since he's only a newbie, I dont wanna think what's the total bounty of Shanks' huge(!) crew..

Efreet
December 25, 2006, 01:44 AM
I don't think 1 billion worth bounties of a crew is the highest bounty.. Just think for example of Shanks' crew.. We saw when he made the first connections with WhiteBeard, he sent his new recuite, the newbie of the crew. A 96 million bounty guy.. Since he's only a newbie, I dont wanna think what's the total bounty of Shanks' huge(!) crew..

yeah! Shanks' bounty alone is probably more than the combined bounties of whole crews! imagine his bounty with his crew! :darn :o

sushi
January 05, 2007, 08:50 PM
whew that's gonna be very huge

his a great known pirate what
I wonder hoe he got all those belli for his bounty

John M.D.
January 06, 2007, 06:38 PM
whew that's gonna be very huge

his a great known pirate what
I wonder hoe he got all those belli for his bounty

maybe shanks also messed up with the world government like luffy

---
well now we all know that the current worth of the mugiwara is more than 600 million belli, so maybe before the end of the series the mugiwara will have a billion total bounty :D

sushi
January 06, 2007, 06:42 PM
too small of amount
1 billion does not seem allthat big

OP_overlord
January 07, 2007, 12:54 AM
it has to be more than a billion i thought that that was a good starting group bounty for teh crwe after messing wiht the WG

shanks bounty has to be ubseen like 2 billion he is a yonkou and he has a huge crew alot bigger then luffys not as big as WB idk if he has division and a newbu have a 100 million bounty (96)is crazy he must have beat some hard core ppl adn so does Wb and dragons should be crazy WB is teh strongest in teh world and dragon is the wost wanted man

(there should be a whole site devoted to everyones bounties shanks, Wb, BB, dragon, mihawk,..., garp, smoker, lucci, aokiji if they werent in the marines)

idk who said this but choppers bounty needs to grow it is pathetic it shoul be upo there with sanji (sanji lost and chopper took down one of teh stronger guys)

when they find OP there bounties should be out the roof all in the billions

John M.D.
January 07, 2007, 04:16 PM
idk who said this but choppers bounty needs to grow it is pathetic it shoul be upo there with sanji (sanji lost and chopper took down one of teh stronger guys)

I agree, I think that chopper's bount really needs to grow :blink But I don't think it should be leveled with sanji... Sanji defeated Jyabura the wolf who is the third strongest in cp9... So I thnk that a 60 million bounty for chopper is currently more deserved.

OP_overlord
January 08, 2007, 09:31 PM
did he i thought that he was beaten by kalifar and zoro and ussop beat kaku and jyabura

xr3b0rn5inx
January 31, 2007, 10:30 AM
did he i thought that he was beaten by kalifar and zoro and ussop beat kaku and jyabura

Where got...Did u read it?That was the part Sanji's leg started to heat up and he gave the flamming star shot which K.O.ed Jyabura

OP_overlord
January 31, 2007, 09:33 PM
o right after he was rained on and went back to normal

Dice
October 29, 2007, 07:13 PM
Sorry I didn't read anything but the first thread. I'm writing my opinion of the end in here because there was a small discussion in the recent chapter-discussion-thread, so I apologize I'm writing something someone already said.

I'm thinking that OP will go on at least 3 years but probably more. Some people spoke of a time skip. I can only imagine a timeskip after the "real" story (aka the completion of all dreams XD). This timeskip might be ten maybe 15 or more years (it would be kind of the timeskip in one Romance Dawn). What else will happen? I got to think about it...sorry I'm a little busy these days^^

Absolutio
October 29, 2007, 09:07 PM
I too think that if there will be some sort of timeskip, it will be at the end of the series, after everything was accomplished. More like and epilogue than a TS.

Imitorar
October 29, 2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah, since the point is the journey, a time-skip probably won't happen. And if one does happen, it will be at the end, after everyone's dreams have been fulfilled, and we'll get to see how they all end up in the future.

arcrouma
November 20, 2007, 12:33 AM
if there will be no time-skip..Oda will have works in his next many years =)
there are still 5 shicibukais ( + blackbeard again !!?? )
there are still many marines' strong people ( 3 admirals and many more )
there are still other pirates ( even Oda may be thinking of creating new pirate group )

just to kill 2 shicibukais, several pirate groups ( approximately 10), and one marine group ( Cp9) needs about 50 volume.....
wow...there will be bunch of books in the house...

Absolutio
November 20, 2007, 06:03 AM
if there will be no time-skip..Oda will have works in his next many years =)
there are still 5 shicibukais ( + blackbeard again !!?? )
there are still many marines' strong people ( 3 admirals and many more )
there are still other pirates ( even Oda may be thinking of creating new pirate group )

just to kill 2 shicibukais, several pirate groups ( approximately 10), and one marine group ( Cp9) needs about 50 volume.....
wow...there will be bunch of books in the house...

Well.. It sounds pretty bad when you say it like this.. But it aint really that at all.. They formed a group, traveled through many many islands, met tons of people, helped tons of people, saved a major country from threat, defeated shichibukai in the process, did many many things, met giants, flew to the sky, etc. etc..... So many things have happend. As the WG said: They are no ordinary rookies.

But you are right that there is no end yet in the horizon, many many things are left and I can see this manga easily going for 10 more years (or till Oda dies :p ).

sharingan_kakashi
November 21, 2007, 12:56 PM
you are right that there is no end yet in the horizon, many many things are left and I can see this manga easily going for 10 more years (or till Oda dies :p ).

definitely. i think OP will still be here even after Naruto becomes hokage and Ichigo becomes Goku. Also, even after HxH :p

MrStrawHat
November 26, 2007, 10:09 PM
Ichigo becomes Goku......... Ichigo becomes Goku......... Ichigo becomes Goku......... X3 Well, In Korea, there is a rumor that said Oda Sensai Personally wrote down that OP will go more then 10 years in years 2003. So I would haveta say At least more then 6 years. It would end when Luffy turns himself in(Jk Jk)