PDA

View Full Version : Favorites Non-WSJ gags you love!

Finestela
September 08, 2008, 06:48 PM
I'm glad that there's a lot of people enjoy gag manga series in MH (or so I think)... anyone care to share a few ones they enjoy that's NOT in WSJ?

I'll start with my list:

Like it a LOT!!!
Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei: Kumeta = God!
Katte ni Kaizou: Same as above (rofl)
Crayon Shin-chan: I don't care what other people think... Shin-chan = owns!!!!!1111
Brocken Blood: Too bad it's not continuously run... but hey, the author is also drawing Ubel Blatt!
4 Jigen: Who says Shoujo mangaka's can't do good gags... they should read 4 Jigen first!
B.B. Joker: The previous series by the same authors of 4 Jigen... not as pretty, but just as funny!
Koroshiya-san, the hired gun: The script is by 1/2 of the 4 Jigen partners... It's a bit more mature, with some off color jokes.
Doujin Work: Ahh... I loved Hiroyuki's work since his doujin days... funny, a bit ecchi, and... well... funny!
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to: The latest series by Hiroyuki!
Minori no Hibi: It's a shame that it only ran two tanks :'( The characters are cute and intersting... sigh...

They're decent, but not that crazy about them
Azumanga Daioh: Eh...
Yotsuba to: Eh...
Lucky Star: lol...
(There should be more, but I can't think of them right off the top of my head)

Sort of falling out
Patalliro: I used to enjoy it like I enjoy Kochi Kame... but now, I'm enjoying it as much as I enjoy Kochi Kame... :p (a bit tired, but would read from time to time)
Note: Patalliro is like the Kochi Kame of Shoujo mangas ;)

Update: Added A LOT of series that I totally have forgotten!

barbapapa
September 09, 2008, 04:54 AM
I'm not sure if you can call Yotsubato a gag manga. It's not all about the jokes.

Anyhoo;
- Cromartie High School: hilarious for the first half, tiresome after
- Boku to Issho: from the guy who did Ping Pong Club, very funny manga.
- Super Cruel and Terrible Tales of Mangaka: crude, and cynical.

I also quite like Crayon Shin-chan. But I've only ever really watched the anime.

Finestela
September 09, 2008, 06:32 AM
hmm... I guess you're right, it's more of a sweet comedy (but Azumanga Daioh is definitely a gag = =")

Ah, I forgot School Rumble (lol)

As for Shin-chan, I can assure you that the manga is better than the anime (but that's what I say about most manga --> anime series :p)

bunshindattebayo
September 09, 2008, 09:01 AM
-Cromartie High School.
-Crayon Shin-chan.
-Yotsuba&
-Lucky Star
-The Genius Bakabon
-Kariage-kun
-Hoero Pen

Finestela
September 11, 2008, 07:47 AM
I can't believe I totally have forgotten about Zetsubou Sensei! :p

Hayashida
September 14, 2008, 01:23 AM
Cromatie High School <3 <3 <3

Maxy Barnard
September 17, 2008, 07:12 PM
Not a big fan of Azumanga, but stuff like cromartie, Boku to Issho and Crayon Shin-Chan are always fun.

seems there's a lot of ones to do with manga itself that i should check out aswell eh