PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Admiral Kizaru Discussion Thread

Yans86
September 09, 2008, 02:34 AM
What makes admiral Kizaru's fruit so particular and special?for sure we haven't seen the full extent of his power,but in the end is not really special for me....cool but not special!!!move at the speed of light?Enel could,Kuma can,and Ray matched with him.....
About his technique,they take name from two of the three sacred treasure of japan,the imperial regalial which are:

Yata no kagami(the sacred mirror)/yasha no kagami : which allow him to fly at the speed of light but he must direct the light using mirror or other reflexes,so for this Enel was better...

Amakumo no tsurugi / Kusanagi : it's a sword of light... I think is different from Aokiji sword that haven't a name,in the way that we can speculate for what we have seen that Kizaru is an all round fighter (swordman,but also hand to hand,kicks ecc....)....even with this,his sword of light was stopped by a normal sword(Ray).We don't know how he did it,but this make his sword less particular,with that I don't want to say that his swordmanship is low level on the contrary I think is high level,because if he can attack and defend from Ray sword that hurted him,means that he has huge swordman skill....

What do u think about him?Hod do u imagine the extent of his power???

bittman
September 09, 2008, 06:55 PM
Not enough to judge considering he used only five techniques (though not all named). But basically his powers are as follows:
* Explosive light: Kicks (and most likely punches) can cause explosions, means he has Mr 5's power here, but projectile (as he destroyed a tree from a distance).
* Moving at speed of light: He may need to reflect it to direct it, but it is truly the speed of light. Enel was lightning and though this should technically move at the speed of light, Enel was shown to be quite human with his movements and only used his power to tank and cast level 10 thunderstorm. If Enel could do this speed, Luffy would have been dead.
* Blinding light: Used on Hawkins, not exactly easy to block considering how quick a move it appears to be. I'd assume Kizaru could even destroy the sight of someone with this.
* Beams of light: Yet to be stopped, make people holy. LASERS!!! *O* <- luffy face
* Sword of light: Shows he can also physically manifest the light into shapes. If he can make a sword, complete with pummel, why not a shield, a whip or even a funky hat?

So basically, Kizaru is Mr 5/Enel with unstoppable attacks and the ability to shape his element at will (Enel has been the only one to really give form to his element with all his animal attacks, and it was always a rough everychanging form.). I'm not disappointed ^_~

Onomatopoeia
September 09, 2008, 07:33 PM
WOAH their Enel moved at the speed of lightning. The speed of lightning is much less then the speed of light. Not only that but Kizaru is only the second Logia to return from missing half of his body. And his Logia can also be used anywhere no matter what. Even in the night their are stars/lamps/moon/etc. that means he's always got an infinite amount of his power.

Shiro-kun
September 09, 2008, 08:57 PM
He ate the Pika Pika fruit, he can turn into light!

As Bittman and Onamatopoiea explained he is very powerful having both short range and long range ablities (as most known Logia's do, however the extent of the abitlies is pretty accurate and the chances of missing are very slim), which are pretty useful agaisnt even the most resistant of foes.

Besides the people who sailed in the old days (Rayliegh, Shanks and Whitebeard) , (and as a devil fruit user) he is perhaps one of strongest characters in One Piece so far...

ZeroChrome
September 09, 2008, 11:28 PM
I don't know about the strongest, but he is indeed strong. his ability/attacks are perfect for both long and close range combat. so for close/middle range fighters like Luffy probably can't match him (as of now, I guess).
the only flaw that I can see from his beam attacks is that it only works in straight line. he needs some mediums like mirrors or prism to bend it. but given his attacks are also in lightspeed, then he doesn't really need to bend his light. the opponents won't have time to evade it

Franckie
September 12, 2008, 05:17 PM
Besides the people who sailed in the old days (Rayliegh, Shanks and Whitebeard) , (and as a devil fruit user) he is perhaps one of strongest characters in One Piece so far...

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=400266

There's no doubt that Kizaru is one of the strongest characters in OP. He's on par with Aokiji.

kkck
September 13, 2008, 12:50 AM
I would even say kizaru is superior to aokiji since he is a lot more "inmaterial". Although aokiji could use his cristal like properties to reflect light, so they might in a way cancel each other.

bittman
September 14, 2008, 08:19 PM
Of course, the problem with all Logia's is that it is hard to rate their power compared to other people until their weakness is exposed. Even though Ace was beaten, it's hard to rate him compared to others given the unique power Blackbeard holds, but typically a logia user can only be rated by four or so things:
1) Rarity/Usefulness of weakness (Crocodiles weakness to water and blood is a low rating, whilst Enel's weakness to rubber is high)
2) Ability to sculpt element (Enel has has the best sculpting so far with animals and even a giant form of himself)
3) Raw power of element (Sand is nothing compared to Light)
4) Natural fighting ability (If Blackbeard took on all of them, who would fare well when they couldn't rely on their invulnerability)

Until I know Kizaru's weakness or fighting prowess when pressured, I can't say he's the strongest around, though by this system I can only really rate Blackbeard, Enel and Crocodile.

Yans86
September 15, 2008, 05:50 AM
About Crocodile the blood/water weakness,I think it was a bit farfetched......cause he lost to two punch full of blood and he could drain all the water from the ground......strange.....
And yes,at a physic level,probably BB is the stronger!!!

Koen
September 15, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hmmm I wonder if a mirror/reflection wouldn't be something useful against kizaru. It can sound kinda lame but eventually it reflects him away to the place you mirror/reflect him to. It could be reflection desorientates him. Well he certainly must have a weakness. Every devil fruit has a weakness but it isn't always easy to find it and kizaru certainly is one of them

Tsukisama
September 15, 2008, 04:24 PM
Hmmm I wonder if a mirror/reflection wouldn't be something useful against kizaru. It can sound kinda lame but eventually it reflects him away to the place you mirror/reflect him to. It could be reflection desorientates him. Well he certainly must have a weakness. Every devil fruit has a weakness but it isn't always easy to find it and kizaru certainly is one of them

I was thinking something similar, but rather than using the principle of reflection, I was thinking of using refraction to trap him. It would be interesting if one of the characters (a scientist or something) created a prism that could trap Kizaru in his light form so that he just kept internally refracting and never escaped. Such a thing might be nigh impossible in real life, but using Oda physics, it could happen.

Onomatopoeia
September 15, 2008, 06:07 PM
It also helps that Kizaru has a lot of power to back up his level, one of his range kicks is arguably a village/town buster. Thats one of the top power feets we've seen so far and considering that it was a casual kick then anyone who fights him is pretty dead.

Now then to actually use a Mirror correctly against Kizaru(and this is purely hypothetical since I suspect his raw power alone breaks mirrors) is if they had Light speed or NLS reaction time.

onecrazylocalboy
September 16, 2008, 08:30 PM
When Kizaru is first introduced he uttered the phrase "Speed is Weight."

In real world physics that is true. G-forces, action and reaction, etc.

My idea is that he uses the speed of light (from what we have seen so far) to generate a hell of a lot of force. And then this can bring in light is a form of energy, energy and matter are interchangable, E=mc2, etc.

Now to guess what else he can do with his devil fruit ability is a little tricky because I am not a physicist and my guesses are very generalized. I don't thnk he is able to generate heat to the intensity of Ace's Logia, but enough to cause some damage. LOL.

danielkoburger
October 07, 2008, 04:04 PM
i would've thought the obvious natural enemy Kizaru has is Darkness.

Light <-> Darkness

So as with Crocodile (Sand <-> Water); Enel (Lighning <-> Rubber or in any other form also earth, something that nullifies electricity); Aojki vs. Ace (Ice <-> fire).....etc.

So ofcourse the idea of a prism, if possible, is a great idea but would'nt Blackbeard (as far as his power really is darkness) be the perferct enemy (or worst from kizarus point of view). Anything that obsorbes light. Total Darkness, like a black box, with an enemy waiting there for him which can see with out light, eg. infrared vision. Then he would have to relly on his devilfruitless powers. I wonder how powerfull he would be then. (No light nothing to reflect his light from etc.)

just a thought

but i think there is more to the light bussines. there must be a simple trick oda comes up with. Or what else would be the reason that Riley can step up to him, since light is very, very, very fast.

bittman
October 07, 2008, 10:15 PM
Well it was shown that for Kizaru to move at that speed, he first had to direct a beam of light. The trick is that though he can move at the speed of light by utilising his power and directing the beam, he cannot physically just move at the speed of light. Light technically moves at a speed human's cannot possibly recognise with sight alone, and Kizaru has been shown to either be moving as a fast human or along a beam of light at lightspeed.

The point: Kizaru doesn't move at the speed of light without preparations. Rayleigh cut into his preparation.

kaizoku king
May 23, 2009, 10:59 PM
i know this i s off topic but i never actually realized how powerful kizaru kick was until i saw the anime i mean i know it is a hell of a powerful kick but the anime makes it look even harder i felt like he kicked me wen he kicked x drake or whatever his name is

Razh
May 26, 2009, 03:30 PM
You know, I never thought of this before, but since Kizaru control photons, shouldn't he also be able to become invisible. By bending light around himself. Could work right?
Since the human eye can't see everything. Frequencies, different types of light beams and so on.

beastboy
May 26, 2009, 06:41 PM
actually he can make bunshins of him self, just manipulating light, and by changing the way that the eye see the light he can blind him, and since he is light, I assume that he is just visible light and not other frequencies cause he would be way overpower (if he was a gril I would say YES he can do it, all grils are overpowered, just look to perona or kalifa or bonney, or robin, or nami, or alvida)

bittman
May 26, 2009, 06:56 PM
Possible I guess, but probably possible in the same way it's technically possible for Robin to grow a duplicate.

That is, a high level of manipulation of the fruit can probably do it, but whether the user can tap into that power is debatable. Kizaru probably has a lot of control over his fruit, but making himself invisible sounds like quite a difficult task.

Still, it could be possible, and then whoever he fights has to combat his blinding speed and invisibility. Still, don't know who he'll ever fight in One Piece. If this invisibility thing comes to fruition (fruit-pun!), then he seems like a Zoro enemy somehow...

Onomatopoeia
May 26, 2009, 07:01 PM
Kizaru's a wild card, His manipulation of light and his ability to move at light speed pretty much guarantee's that he could destroy anyone assuming that his DF really allows him to control all properties of light.

But I doubt Oda would ever go to deep into it. That's why I don't like to make to many hypothesis about Kizaru because his abilities are limitless if we went off of science.

beastboy
May 26, 2009, 07:06 PM
kizaru could use a mirror or a lent tat amplify''s is fruit and destroys the earth, he can increase the radiation of the planet, OMG he can reach skypiea with a jump, he can pass through he red lin 500000 times in 5 seconds, he is overpower, if oda's wnat that, but if some one can break the conection of the O3 molecules on the sky splitting tthe sky (thats what turns the sky blue and they said that the HEAVENS split and not the clouds so I assume that the did do a hole in the ozone.) that wasn't so much overpower.

Razh
May 27, 2009, 04:51 AM
Kizaru's a wild card, His manipulation of light and his ability to move at light speed pretty much guarantee's that he could destroy anyone assuming that his DF really allows him to control all properties of light.

But I doubt Oda would ever go to deep into it. That's why I don't like to make to many hypothesis about Kizaru because his abilities are limitless if we went off of science.

It's possible that Kizaru never had the need to tap into the abilities of his fruit too deep, since it's pretty powerful as it is.
But, nobody who has that status in One Piece is to be underestimated.

zerocooldx
May 27, 2009, 11:36 AM
Well if Kizaru does everything at the speed of light then coulden't he technically travel anywhere he wanted to "just like that"? I mean we saw him use a technique to catch up to Apoo but that was more of a short distance technique. But then again Kuzaru also went "poof" after kicking Apoo and appeared in front of Drake and took him out before Drake even blinked. But i mean Kizaru could very well be the second fastest individual in the series, the fastest possibly being Kuma. And as we all know speed kills and its the best weapon to posess in battle.