PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 280 Discussion/ 281 Prediction Thread

Jashugan
September 10, 2008, 02:24 PM
CHAPTER 280 CAM-RAW by Folk3n member of the GoT
http://gantzotaku.com/scans.1.html

NO MIRROR ALLOWED !!!

Check out the RTS thread here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38718)

Uruner
September 10, 2008, 02:59 PM
Huuuuuraaaaa ^^ at last =^^=

Not so good quality but...

"Katastrophe" countdown begins!!!!

wooha ^^

Seems like He's got memory of Kurono after the release and the erase - just before he was killed

i didn't read spoilers so i can be mistaken ^^

Starzen
September 10, 2008, 03:17 PM
so kurono was free for a month, why does that sound suspicious, I thought it was 2 weeks max. so kurono should remember what reika said to him while transferring, I bet kurono is gona kill HS.

Jashugan
September 10, 2008, 03:43 PM
@Not so good quality but...

That is why it is called a cam-raw : it is a temporal material for those who can't wait to discover the chapter ;) (moreover tourists don't go in Japan with a scanner :p)

Masterchief
September 10, 2008, 04:13 PM
doubt it kurono doesnt remember what hs did to his brother or to izumi for that fact, he was prob thinkin where the f*** is izumi? and whose the new guy? and why the f*** am i still here. Seeing as this is a word chapter im not lookin at spoilers at all im gonna wait for the real scan.

Starzen
September 10, 2008, 04:38 PM
I read the tranlations by njt and hissou and they told him that he was killed by the two vamps while he was free. kurono was about to attack when katou stopped him and that just pissed nishi off.

Masterchief
September 10, 2008, 05:54 PM
thanks >_>

Nomiya
September 10, 2008, 06:12 PM
Oh God! Nishi is saying a lot of things! What's he saying!? What the hell are those numbers?! I need a translation urgently please...

FTWer
September 10, 2008, 06:37 PM
Finally, a chapter that advances the plot.

Kozar927
September 10, 2008, 07:25 PM
why did Nishi get all bishonen (word for cute jap. boy) He used to be such an ugly dude. lol

warbandit66
September 10, 2008, 07:32 PM
why did Nishi get all bishonen (word for cute jap. boy) He used to be such an ugly dude. lol

Yeah that's what I thought a while back, his previous look added character this one just looks like your cookie cutter bishie.

EliteBeatAgents
September 10, 2008, 07:38 PM
I hate the new art style, kato, kei and nishi looks the same...

Kozar927
September 10, 2008, 07:39 PM
Ya, Koruno got a similer makeover around the end of the buddah mission. I guess Oku just wanted to draw characters that were better on the eyes.
[hr]
personally I like it a bit better, but still the change looks kinda funny, I origionaly thought Nishi had grown into the look, but do characters age when dead? Brings up interesting point.

warbandit66
September 10, 2008, 07:45 PM
I hate the new art style, kato, kei and nishi looks the same...

I wouldn't say that, they all have their own distinguishable looks, Nishi has very distinctive eyes for example and Katou's face seems somewhat elongated.

Kozar927
September 10, 2008, 07:48 PM
Basicly they all just look older to me. Does anyone know how much time has passed since kie and masaru were first hit by the train?
wow did I just type masaru? >.< lol must be because I said Kei not koruno lol

One Pointer
September 10, 2008, 08:24 PM
I think gantz has prolly some of the best art of any currently running mangas

warbandit66
September 10, 2008, 08:29 PM
No question of that, and it keeps getting better.

igotthegoods
September 10, 2008, 09:01 PM
hey guys, any more general discussion on the art of gantz can be done over in the hang-out thread or gantz's room. remember that this thread is for discussions/predictions of current chapters, so let's try to stick to the topic. thanks :)

Kozar927
September 10, 2008, 11:43 PM
I no theirs no scanlations yet, but can anyone link to a translation, didnt NJT do one yet?

updated first post with link to RTS thread. you can find the trans there :)

georgemarvin
September 10, 2008, 11:49 PM
Well, at least they get to spend their final week at home. :)
Nishi is guessing that it may be a nuclear war? It may be a full-scale alien invasion or it might be something totally different. I guess we'll see soon enough.

That does explain a lot about Nishi's conversation with Izumi and why Nishi posted the website. He would want to get info from other players around the world. That's also why he told Izumi that the Tokyo team needed more weapons.

It looks like Oku had a lot of people fooled about Nishi; he really does know a lot.

It looks like there is more time between missions than there was early in the manga; it was 12 days back then, but it appears that it's currently about a month between them. That would explain why Nishi was told he had been gone 6 months when he was revived, but there had only been 6 missions. I remember that Kei wondered why the mission hadn't started on one occasion; I think it was before the shorty mission. That was evidently when the time between missions increased. That was the first indication that the rules were changing.

I think Nishi will be slightly wrong; the aliens will go public and tell the world that they are here to stay. Gantz will tell all of the teams worldwide that it's their job to kill all aliens. We'll get to see some players that make Oka look like a rank amateur; after another year, it will be up to the Tokyo team to save the day.

I hope this isn't the last mission; it's possible that Gantz won't even call them up; the deadline will pass and they won't even know what happened. Then again, there may be a war or disaster, they don't get called and have to deal with it on their own, or Gantz may call them up for a mission before the clock runs out.

We might never get to see what Nishi would choose with his 100 points. Since he knew the world as we know it was ending soon, that is yet another reason not to take freedom; he would want to keep the suit, weapons and his memories.

Guess we'll have to wait a few months to find out what the catastrophe is. :(

Emmanra
September 11, 2008, 12:16 AM
Wow End of the World Nice chapter. Great to have Kei back. I hope next chapter clears up Tae and I wonder if Gantz teleported Kei's dead body out of the streets there is so much to clear up. But Like the chapter says no time to rest. I think its going move into the next mission to fast to clear any questions from last phased. Its Awesome to see Kei with some balls and how he was going to go after Vamp. I dont think it has anything to do with Nuc war. Possible Alien invasion next Chapter?

LoS
September 11, 2008, 01:17 AM
It looks like Oku had a lot of people fooled about Nishi; he really does know a lot.

Yeah but just how did that little bastard learn it in the first place? Maybe Nishi has been there long enough that the first group who was in there passed on what was said like the game telephone. Where Gantz laid out all the rules and in's and out's to the first group. and since then Gantz has not said anything.

Honestly I have no plausible idea.

skitvitum
September 11, 2008, 02:11 AM
Oh - my -gantz!!!
This is so kickass. I only wish I knew what the heck they were talking about.
But, nonetheless, georgemarvin, the guy with no life (apparently :)), was just about right on everything. Nishi kickzz ass!! Plenty.
Let the Gantz begin, and I, for one, wants to see Kurono beat the living daylights out of every alien, even if we don't get any plot succesion.
So, Kei is really Kurono (yata!!!), the shiat just hit the air conditioning, and all is well...
Except for the catastropfe...

Kozar927
September 11, 2008, 02:25 AM
woah woah woah. George has a life hes just very passionate about Nishi ^_^ lol

102jayday
September 11, 2008, 02:47 AM
i think we may see a couple more missions on this catastropfe and nishi will chose to bring back izumi instead of going free, because going free ends up being death without protection. nishi prob learnt it off izumi, when they were talking on the train it sounded like they knew lots about gantz and the world of it, refence to the USA.
u know that fake spoiler of the prison could be real?? like it could of been a preview of the next mission.

Damura
September 11, 2008, 04:07 AM
I remember that Kei wondered why the mission hadn't started on one occasion; I think it was before the shorty mission. That was evidently when the time between missions increased. That was the first indication that the rules were changing.

Wasn't that Nishi that was getting impatient about the next mission?

Vancyer
September 11, 2008, 04:13 AM
i believe it was...

but kurono was eager to go back for the tanaka mission (or was it buddah) but they have both been go getters, haha

!ArtiSaBanG!
September 11, 2008, 06:41 AM
do u know when the next chapter will be out?

dariusmg
September 11, 2008, 07:35 AM
25 september mentioned in translation. I think ther will be some action before new mission (minimum 1 or 2 chapters). End of the world is comming.

georgemarvin
September 11, 2008, 07:46 AM
It said the 25th. LOL I do have a life, sort of. I just like to debate when I think I have the winning argument :) And there is a lot more evidence that Nishi is a veteran with skills who has cleared multiple times than that he is just a coward who never cleared.

My favorite characters don't invite debate; Kei is the superstar, obviously. Katou is the typical Superman/moral center. Kaze is the typical strong man with a heart of gold. Tae has no secrets worth mentioning. Sei is dead. Not much to argue about there.

I like to debate politics, but it seems that there isn't going to be much to talk about this election. Neither one of them is going to do anything about the 2 ton elephant in the room: the unsustainable 54 trillion dollars worth of government liabilities and debt. They only take in $1.1 trillion in income taxes and $850 billion in social security taxes. It's like if you made $20k per year and owed $540K; you're barely getting by, and just the interest on that debt takes up all of your disposable income.

Therefore, since talking politics is just a matter of figuring out which one will do the most damage, I'm over here debating comic books, which can't bankrupt the country or start a few more wars. Well, to be more precise, occupations. We're good at winning wars. It's just that once we've won, we're like the dog who actually caught the car he was chasing: we have no idea what to do next.

lomami
September 11, 2008, 08:21 AM
there is a lot more evidence that Nishi is a veteran with skills who has cleared multiple times than that he is just a coward who never cleared.
Don't want to argue with you GeorgeMarvin (as you said you guys are the best at war!) but come on, Nishi not a coward, a guy that hide from an onion alien even takeshi would have kicked and lost against Tanaka (Hoi Hoi would have got it in one bite, but don't underestimate Hoi Hoi, he'll save the world, or at least Izuzu), crying like a baby after his own freedom he hadn't after tens of hunts? Nishi is a weak gantzer, not even able to say thanks for his own life, not to understand the importance of teamwork, just stealin' and selfish huntin' like an Osaka Baka.
Still I'm impressed about how you figured he had much to say. Maybe he is an alien or a Gantz creature. I'm sure Tae is one.
I hope the missing pages are the Omake telling about Hoi Hoi version of the Osaka invasion!

Damura
September 11, 2008, 09:05 AM
It's not that Nishi is a coward, it's just he's one of the smartest characters around... generally the best way to survive is to sit back and figure out whether or not your enemy can disintegrate you with an angry look or not, and then act accordingly. There was an onion alien, sure, but for all he knew there could have been a Nurarihyon... I am still surprised Kaze managed to survive all this time... doesn't use weapons at all (dumb ass). It works some of the time, sure, but just as many times there have been instances where it hasn't worked out for him. Show him how to use the sword and he'll be devastating.

Teamwork isn't all that important, anyway - the Osakan's did alright on their own. It depends on the individual. Whether you say thanks or not has nothing to do with how good you are at killing things by the way.

7 days 23 hours... either aliens are going to invade, or Gantz is counting down to his birthday... Maybe I just have the imagination of a wet sponge, but I just can't think of anything else...

102jayday
September 11, 2008, 09:36 AM
chat about nishi in the nishi thread please, but yeh i say his not a coward because he looks so darn cool, this chapter he looked awesome! he is the most exprience player on the tokyo like it or not, and a team needs some exprience players in order to win a game, can't win with just noobs and 1st years lol.

i like the birthday thing, gantz gets them all worked up in order to party for his birthday.
maybe instead of the excerise song he will play birthday song, i bet katou would be like "oh my its someones birthday, kurono! get a cake now! reika,old man, and guy whos not a cherry anymore get some gifts" everyone "what are you gonna do?" katou"i am gonna sing the best birthday song ever! with hoi hoi"

my guess would be the boss of all aliens will come and bring 1000's of aliens with him and everywhere in the world aliens will be attacking, we will prob see heaps of missions in different towns, toyko team will prob be warp to heaps of towns to take out the aliens and help the other gantz teams, i guess the osaka + tokyo mission was just a example of whats to come.
i wonder when that 8 days are over who will be alive and who dead?? maybe oku will have the whole team and world dead!

Amnesiac
September 11, 2008, 11:41 AM
There was an onion alien, sure, but for all he knew there could have been a Nurarihyon...

My thoughts exactly, they can't judge an alien's power based on it's appearance.

I think when the countdown ends, every Gantz team will be released in a kill-every-alien-you-see mission. No time or area restrictions, the teams with the most points win... life, and the rest has their head implants explode.

This will create a lot of competition and enmity between different teams, that's why Nishi said people like the Tokyo Team (who spent their points in revivals instead of new weapons) will get wiped.

Kozar927
September 11, 2008, 12:05 PM
I dont know why this wasnt posted yet...
for people who want to follow when the scanlation comes out

In the words of Kanx : Get the goodies here. ^_^
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38718&highlight=gantz+translaion

georgemarvin
September 11, 2008, 01:01 PM
Looks like Nishi will be one of the main subjects of discussion every issue for the next few months, until that timer expires. We might even get a little more back story. I still want to see the little bastard continuing his career as a small-time thief, with the benefit of Gantz tech. He's smart; surely he has figured out how to make a few million on the side. A diamond here, a payroll there, eventually it all adds up to a fortune.

I want to see the whole team read Nishi's website. There might be some info there that will help them figure out what he's talking about. I said a long time ago that Oku should have made an actual website mockup, like the Lost TV series did. Maybe he will make one now, or show some cool new monsters that Nishi's team fought way back when in an upcoming issue.

What would you do if your doctor told you that you just had one week to live? None of the team has a regular job, so telling the boss to take this job and shove it just isn't an option. Kei can just spend the week in bed with Tae, but most of the rest of them don't have any significant others to comfort them.

It looks like Gantz brought Katou back from so early in the mission that he doesn't remember much about Anzu. What if she shows up ready to move in with her son, and he barely recognizes her?

Not a Cherry Anymore just might get to spend the week with his girlfriend, but his new nickname seems to indicate that he just might have had a love/hate relationship with one of those monsters. We can hope to see his girlfriend and Reika in a few ecchi scenes, though.

Speaking of Reika, she doesn't have Kei and the people who manage a star generally aren't exactly friends. More like sponges. Think she will call her family? Or throw herself into her work?

I think that it will be about 5 or 6 months before Oku lets us know what the catastrophe really is. Meanwhile, we will get to know every main character a little better.

I'm predicting that about half the team will die in the catastrophe; the manga will get stale without some new blood. A good mix would be about 1 or 2 new characters per mission, and 1 or 2 old ones dying. If it's just the characters that everybody hates who bite the bullet, Gantz might become less popular.

(as you said you guys are the best at war!)
Well, we have enough experience at it. My great-great grandfather was a Confederate soldier during the Civil war. My Grandfather served during WWI. My father received burns over 40% of his body during the Korean war, one uncle was in Germany for 6 years, during and after WWII. He came home with a mangled hand with just two fingers left. Two other uncles were there for the duration of the war but came home afterward with nothing more than nightmares. Several of my cousins served in Vietnam. I went to college. :) My business partner's son is on his third tour in Iraq. My wife's brother is about to ship out to Iraq (she's half my age; I warned her little brother that this war is just like Vietnam, right down to the "we'll fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here" slogans, but he didn't listen. Young people seldom do.) Basically, I'm about the only male in my whole family in several generations who hasn't served combat duty during a war. The war makes them all suspicious, afraid that there is an enemy around the next corner. They sit facing the doors. They have a rifle in their truck, a pistol in the glove compartment. They never go anywhere without a knife. They overreact to minor insults. The uncle who served 6 years in Germany shot his daughter's boyfriend inside a police station. Fortunately, he just shot him in a very sensitive area. The reason was that the fool was dating my uncle's daughter and she found out that he was cheating on her. Talk about suicidal tendencies. War makes people antisocial, it makes them a little paranoid, and it makes them cruel and callous to human life. That's how they survive.

I've said from the start that the people who have never been around a group veteran soldiers have a tendency to misjudge them. To them, life is cheap. They've watched their friends die, and they feel a little guilt about the fact that they survived. They are also careful about making new friends. They have a hard time even keeping a job. Fully 1/3 of all the homeless people in this country are war veterans.

Well, enough about real life. We're discussing a comic book here. But Oku probably has talked with a few veteran soldiers as preparation for this series.

It looks like the next battle will be fought worldwide, not just in Tokyo. I wonder if the Tokyo team will be able to use any of the arms that the other teams have hoarded? It would be fun to see Kaze in one of those gorilla suits. Reika in one would be hilarious. The Mecha is over the top; hopefully, that is the first and last appearance of that monstrosity.

Well, that's my random musings for the afternoon. Any comments?

Starzen
September 11, 2008, 01:23 PM
I was just wondering now that kurono is back, will he still be the leader and would HS and Inaba humbly take orders from him and than there is katou.

Amnesiac
September 11, 2008, 02:09 PM
Looks like Nishi will be one of the main subjects of discussion every issue for the next few months, until that timer expires. We might even get a little more back story. I still want to see the little bastard continuing his career as a small-time thief, with the benefit of Gantz tech. He's smart; surely he has figured out how to make a few million on the side. A diamond here, a payroll there, eventually it all adds up to a fortune.

I don't picture Nishi caring much about money and luxuries. He probably just steals for the rush of it and to get what he needs to survive, I suppose after entering gantz for the first time he never revealed to his family (if he has any left) that's he's alive.

Kei can just spend the week in bed with Reika.

Fixed. :D

It would be fun to see Kaze in one of those gorilla suits. Reika in one would be hilarious.

That's not funny, at all. What the hell is wrong with you? :s

Lynkobi17
September 11, 2008, 02:26 PM
I was just wondering now that kurono is back, will he still be the leader and would HS and Inaba humbly take orders from him and than there is katou.
No, he won't be the leader.
Katou will still be ordering people around. but I doubt Korono will listen to every command Katou does. Plus, I am sure the Old-man, Reika, and the (Baki looking guy) would be the only ones listening to him with full respect...

It's weird that Host-Samurai didn't say a word...

EliteBeatAgents
September 11, 2008, 02:50 PM
Basicly they all just look older to me. Does anyone know how much time has passed since kie and masaru were first hit by the train?
wow did I just type masaru? >.< lol must be because I said Kei not koruno lol

they were in the gantz room for more than a year. Nishi has been dead for 6 months.

Mmod
September 11, 2008, 03:13 PM

Oku's experience with war is watching Die Hard.

Emmanra
September 11, 2008, 04:10 PM

I want to see the whole team read Nishi's website. There might be some info there that will help them figure out what he's talking about. I said a long time ago that Oku should have made an actual website mockup, like the Lost TV series did. Maybe he will make one now, or show some cool new monsters that Nishi's team fought way back when in an upcoming issue.

Nishi showing us his knowledge of gantz is very impressive. I wonder if Izumi knows more about gantz then Nishi. I think Nishi respects Izumi or looks up to him alittle i dont know maybe i reading into it to much. If Izumi were to ever get back to gantz i wonder will he recover all of his memories especially his history with Vamp. Im still on the fence about nishi http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/42/17/

georgemarvin
September 11, 2008, 06:58 PM
Nishi showing us his knowledge of gantz is very impressive. I wonder if Izumi knows more about gantz then Nishi. I think Nishi respects Izumi or looks up to him alittle i dont know maybe i reading into it to much. If Izumi were to ever get back to gantz i wonder will he recover all of his memories especially his history with Vamp. Im still on the fence about nishi http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/42/17/

The Izumi that died didn't remember much. Gantz had wiped almost everything except a scrap of a memory of one mission. Unless Nishi knows how to get Gantz to do something other than the default, Izumi would be revived exactly like he was at the end of the Oni mission.

Well, in that mission:
1. Gets shot by a punk.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/32/17/
2. Gets shot again.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/33/03/
3. Has to kill said punk, thereby making enemies of the entire gang.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/33/06/
4. Accidentally steps on baby Tanaka, causing the grown one to attack him. Jumps into sewer and finds out that his controller is broken.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/37/06/
5. drops his pistol.
6. He's still winning the fight despite all the bad luck until he hears a sound like the x-guns firing. His suit goes dead.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/37/15/
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/37/16/
Did the suit just go bad for no apparent reason, or did the three remaining gang members get a little revenge by taking potshots at him while his back was turned?
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/37/18/

I would say that he didn't get killed by a little third-rate enemy because he was a weak player. It was probably just a combination of bad luck and the punks getting even for their friend.

Nishi didn't treat Izumi like a superior officer; he treated him more like an old war buddy. Nishi was probably a lot less jaded when he was fighting with Izumi. When they were selecting a new leader, he told the team to get Izumi to lead the team like he had before. But I really can't see Nishi taking orders from anybody. He's more the "I fight my battles. You fight yours." kind of guy.
http://manga.bleachexile.com/gantz-chapter-230-page-11.html

Nishi does give the players the info that they need. He even told the first group what they needed to do to survive. After the mission he told them not to tell anybody or their heads would explode. For all of his outward "I could care less about anybody", there seems to be an inner longing to be a part of a group. That's why he grudgingly gives them the scraps of info that they need to survive.

From this perspective of Nishi's character, I believe Nishi will at least try to get some new info about the collapse in the next few episodes. He might even ask Kei for help.

Mr.Aaron
September 11, 2008, 09:04 PM
I wonder if Katou is still the main character.

I hope not. I like Katou better then Kei, but the story is better with Kei as the protagonist.

bighawke5
September 11, 2008, 10:41 PM
I wonder if Katou is still the main character.

I hope not. I like Katou better then Kei, but the story is better with Kei as the protagonist.

The thing is even if katou takes the lead...deep down he still looks up to kei as the leader...the people around him may start to notice. i dont think he cares much about the leadership position..more like surviving with everyone alive.

Kei also wants everyone alive but his natural self is to be a leader...when shits hit the fan he's the one to take action and become awesome. he basically plows through the fears and owns.

Now dont get me wrong im not saying katou is weaker but kei is more decisive to me..and even katou acknowledges that. he's always asking himself "what would you do kei" or something like that.

Anyhow things should get interesting in the upcomming chapters...I liked the anime and wished they had kept going with it so i could see everything animated even though its ending was gay and not accurate...sometimes its just hard for me to follow the manga action and this series gets pretty intense.

fistsofrage
September 11, 2008, 11:22 PM
looks like oku's trying to fastforward the manga to the end :( Not quite what iI was expecting but maybe the action will make up for the shortage in time.

Damura
September 12, 2008, 03:25 AM
I think Katou and Kurono will pretty much cooperate together. I don't think their opinions on how to do things will deviate much at all, but I also think the group would listen to Kei more than Katou, at least for now.

A catastrophe for Gantz would be to lose all it's functions... it's already lost half of them, and can't even operate a timer properly anymore :( Maybe the number that showed up is counting down to it's expiry date.

We might get to see police tracking down Gantz members soon. Reika isn't exactly difficult to find... Does anyone think that the vampires might fight whatever invades during the "Catastrophe"? We've seen aliens fight each other before on the Dinosaur mission.

Fou Luz
September 12, 2008, 05:46 AM
It's me or doesn't ANYBODY realised that Kiniku-Rider and little-boy aren't in the room in this chapter? They vanished from the room!!! In chapter 279 they were looking at Kurono when he was reviving, but in this chapter they're not even in the room!!! The haven't enough time to leave the room, also they wouldn't do that since they are in the same team

Shinsatsu
September 12, 2008, 08:31 AM
So, when the chapter is exactly coming out? I thought it was this week but unfortunately it appears that I was wrong.

Damura
September 12, 2008, 09:05 AM
It's me or doesn't ANYBODY realised that Kiniku-Rider and little-boy aren't in the room in this chapter? They vanished from the room!!! In chapter 279 they were looking at Kurono when he was reviving, but in this chapter they're not even in the room!!! The haven't enough time to leave the room, also they wouldn't do that since they are in the same team

I haven't seen the chapter yet, but it would be pretty funny if Kaze and Takeshi just disappear for a few chapters until the Catastrophe or something...

Starzen
September 12, 2008, 09:09 AM
good point there fou, those two are no longer in the room or oku simply forgot about them. I wonder what HS will do next as he seemed not to be in too much of a hurry to leave. I hope kurono pays nishi a visit and have a chat about gantz.

Showatt
September 12, 2008, 09:46 AM
We're good at winning wars. It's just that once we've won, we're like the dog who actually caught the car he was chasing: we have no idea what to do next.

LOL that's a hellava expression there mate. good one ;P

georgemarvin
September 12, 2008, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't read anything into Kaze's absence; he isn't exactly the most social person there. He speaks volumes with his actions, but he doesn't talk much. It would fit his character to just get his score and leave, rather than hang around and chat. Besides, Kaze isn't Kei's biggest fan. He didn't know that something important was going to happen. I wonder if anybody will bother to give him a call and let him know the world is about to come to an end?

It would be fun to see Kaze in one of those gorilla suits. Reika in one would be hilarious.

That's not funny, at all. What the hell is wrong with you?

Kaze would do massive damage in a gorilla suit. However, since Gantz makes the suits skin tight and proportional, a giant gorilla suit with Reika's DD proportions and those giant arms would probably be a spectacle to see.

Jashugan
September 12, 2008, 11:46 AM
RELEASE HQ US WHATEVER http://www.sendspace.com/file/fo5q71

Giriel
September 12, 2008, 12:15 PM
Jesus, i was't so happy for months when Kei came back. But what? In a week the world's going crazy. That makes me sad ;_;

warbandit66
September 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
I wonder if Nuri launched his attack before the time came.

Hollow Kurono
September 12, 2008, 01:58 PM
Oh I waited so long for this.Man,the second I saw Kei's face I was "yes" and then when he said he remebers everythin till Oni mission I was like "HEEEEEEEEL YEAH!!!".I realy enjoy it and my thing in this is that Gantz wont even get his part in this "NUCLEAR WAR" its gonna be in a week right,someone said here on this board that eveyr mission starts every 12 days so,maybe the Ganzters will assemble and fight on theyre of duty time or maybe not.Who knows,but I know one thing for sure,Kurono and Katou aint gonna sit out on this "WAR".I liked this chapter,to bad it was only 17 pages,I was shocked when it had only 17 pages I realy was.

And if Oku is tryin to end the manga,he wouldnt surprise me,cause Im already expectin an end,seems like he is tired of creatin this manga and if he is,hes gonna become one of my most hated people and liked at the same time,I actualy had some suspicion that it could end with Kurono beein revived,but seems like he could roll to the end,bullshit,huh?I was expectin at least 2-3 more yeas of this manga,I realy was.

Oku can bring Kishimoto back just dont end it that quick man.

I wonder if Nuri launched his attack before the time came.

I dont think so.NIshi probably knew this for a long time,before he even saw Nuri,so how can he tell it was Nuri who did this.

warbandit66
September 12, 2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah but Nuri probably thought "I'll bring doomsday today because I'm the boss"

Hollow Kurono
September 12, 2008, 02:14 PM
He brought enought of it.He didnt do that and if he did then Nishi is a telepath and can read Nuris mind and Gantz always,always gives the newest news to him when noone knows,Nuri couldnt do it,Nishi knew this before,he realy did know.

warbandit66
September 12, 2008, 02:19 PM
I'm not doubting that Nishi didn't know about the looming end of the world before Nuri, that would be a stupid thought but I just think Nuri being as powerful as he is thought he'd take his yokai army and take the earth before the designated time, possibly given by a higher power than himself.

subaru052
September 12, 2008, 02:32 PM
ah that is funny that kaze just left after kurono was rezzed. it looks like he did leave, the door behind everyone is open so the kid had to poop or something who knows. and just because nuclear war is starting in the gantz world, it does not mean the story is over. he could keep this going for years if he wanted to.

Hollow Kurono
September 12, 2008, 02:41 PM
ah that is funny that kaze just left after kurono was rezzed. it looks like he did leave, the door behind everyone is open so the kid had to poop or something who knows. and just because nuclear war is starting in the gantz world, it does not mean the story is over. he could keep this going for years if he wanted to.

You never know,you never know.

I'm not doubting that Nishi didn't know about the looming end of the world before Nuri, that would be a stupid thought but I just think Nuri being as powerful as he is thought he'd take his yokai army and take the earth before the designated time, possibly given by a higher power than himself.

Maybe hes bluffin about the invincible army,tss,I doubt that.Whatever an army,Gantz has an army to:Team Tokyo,Team Osaka and many more,there could be this so called Gantzers team meeting everyone was so expectin,just hope this nuclear war wont be cause by fights between other teams,I think there could be lots of people comin,but I doubt that its gonna be the end after this,but it could be,it could end drasticly,everyone dies,Kurono,Katou,Reika,KAze,Inaba,everyone,you never expect what OKu can do,right?

georgemarvin
September 12, 2008, 03:13 PM
It looks like some of Gantz' motives might be revealed. Catastrophe could mean anything, though. Nishi is just speculating that it's a nuclear war. Evidently, Gantz isn't willing to offer up anything useful about it.

The Osaka team's reactions do make a lot more sense now, though; they were practically suicidal. They didn't care whether they died; they were doing drugs and making bets about how long it would take to kill an enemy. That just didn't seem right for a team of veterans who had survived dozens of hunts.

A veteran could be expected to use Nishi's and Izumi's tactics, careful but aggressive, let the newbs become cannon fodder; if they lived and showed potential, maybe tell them enough to let them survive; if they listened, maybe they could become part of the team after a few missions. Attack from cover. Try to take the enemy by surprise, if possible. Loose lips sink ships, so don't tell people anything unless and until it's absolutely necessary. The enemy doesn't take time off, so be prepared 24/7. Stuff that militaries have taught their soldiers for the last several thousand years.

The Osaka team looked like a bunch of suicidal berserkers, not hardened war veterans. Looks like they all just decided to go out with a real bang. Except Oka, that is; with the end just a few days away, you would think he would have wanted one last hurrah, to die knowing that he had managed to beat the nearly indestructible Nuri.

I would imagine that Catastrophe will be a full-scale invasion, with huge alien mother ships obliterating the major cities. Gantz will call up the team just as the end comes, but Tae and Katou's little brother might not make it. Tae is in the database, though, so Kei might still have a happy ending. Or Kei might manage to bring Tae along on the transfer. Same goes for Katou and his brother. We might even get to see Not a Cherry Anymore's girlfriend as a Gantzer, too.

It would be funny if they all brought their significant others with them to the room, then the catastrophe didn't even affect anybody outside the Gantz system. The team would have another little boy and two teenage girls to protect.

chinchiller
September 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
It looks like some of Gantz' motives might be revealed. Catastrophe could mean anything, though. Nishi is just speculating that it's a nuclear war.

Regarding how Nishi said Catastrophe could mean nuclear war, would that mean that GANTZ knows the future?

I'm assuming, of course, that GANTZ isn't the one who's going to launch the war. That it's going to be started by a world superpower or something.

oh by the way, I'm new here (: please pardon me if I seem totally nub!

projectfighter
September 12, 2008, 05:11 PM
OMFG, I cant believe this. Why did i forget why gantz is my favorite manga? This chapter just reminded me.. I think that in the next few chapters, Oku will get back to the characters such as Tae and katou's brother. Sucks that we wont get back Lara Croft, but at least the other kei stays dead.

Tanma
September 12, 2008, 05:18 PM
I don't think Katastophe will be something caused by humans. Most likely we'll see an huge alien invasion in the entire Earth (like Independence Day), Gantz is all about alien invasions since the beggining. And all Gantz teams around the world will fight against it.

There's not many stuff to dig up from Nishi's history, he's just an Inaba cloaked that heard many things from other experienced gantzers as Izumi, and died to a 5 pointer.

Tumerking
September 12, 2008, 06:05 PM
To start off this chapter was great. I really hope that gantz isn't revolved around humans starting a nucleur war. I just can't see the manga switching over from fighting aliens to nucleur warfare. I suspect that aliens will invade the earth, and gantz knows about it because it was sent to earth by a rival alien civilization to gather humans to fight off the invading aliens.

I think Nishi said "nuclear war" to describe the weapon the aliens are getting ready to fire in 8 days. I really don't care what happens next as long as theres sweet action, and the "bad guys" are aliens not humans. Anything but humans

Mr.Aaron
September 12, 2008, 06:33 PM
Nishi didn't worry about dying.

He said, "looks like you guys are going to be the ones to die", or something along the lines of that. He seemed pretty chill about it.

Edit: The new chapter comes out on the 22nd, right?

NumeroUno
September 12, 2008, 07:44 PM
There's not many stuff to dig up from Nishi's history, he's just an Inaba cloaked that heard many things from other experienced gantzers as Izumi, and died to a 5 pointer.

Nishi was shot twice with the rifle by the biker gang member and then shot 3 more times by the said "five pointer" before he died. Nishi is by far the strongest gantzer in the Tokyo team. :)

chinchiller
September 12, 2008, 08:07 PM
Nishi was shot twice with the rifle by the biker gang member and then shot 3 more times by the said "five pointer" before he died. Nishi is by far the strongest gantzer in the Tokyo team. :)

You think so? I think he's quite the smartie but not really 'strongest' if you're taking brute strength into account.

@Tumerking: I never even considered that GANTZ himself could be an alien! But that would be something. What if the big catastrophe turns out to be the GANTZers fighting against GANTZ itself?

!ArtiSaBanG!
September 12, 2008, 08:24 PM
You think so? I think he's quite the smartie but not really 'strongest' if you're taking brute strength into account.

what do u mean by that? i think, strongest means that someone'll win, and if u think abaout it a lil bit longer u will notice that u dont have to have big muscles, i mean only one "muscle" is really important ( ur brain ) and a gun ofcz xD

Amnesiac
September 12, 2008, 09:13 PM
I like Damura's idea. Maybe the countdown is for when gantz will shut down for a determined amount of time, no more body and suit repairing transfers, no revivals and no extra weaponry. The perfect time for the vampires and organized aliens to strike.

I don't think the countdown could possibly have anything to do with an alien invasion. If gantz knows when it will happen, it has to either be something natural (natural disaster) or something gantz controls.

Looking at things that way makes the "aliens are livestock maintained by gantz" theory more believable.

We've seen the aliens have always been the victims. If they're actually livestock, gantz is what keeps some of them in a different frequency (invisible), what spread the vampire "virus", and it maybe keeps the most violent and destructive ones like those in Osaka asleep as well, waking them up at the time of missions. (or he may have had communicated with nuri, telling him he was a god and ordering him to wipe the city and specially the "signal emitting people")

In that case, the timer could be counting down to the moment when Gantz releases and uncloaks all of his alien livestock through out the world, some of them probably as bad as nuri. That would lead to utter chaos and very soon world leaders would be using nuclear weapons, truly a catastrophe.

Protoman
September 12, 2008, 10:51 PM
omg i cant wait for the 25th lol. I dont know about the end of the world thing though, it just seems forced in there, not very gantz-like. i think i just dont want it to end lol

Showatt
September 13, 2008, 02:01 AM
Have you guys notice the style of Gantz has changed quite alot?
I mean not just drawing style, Gantz now focus a lot less on emotional stuff but trying to get the story to move on. I was expecting to see Reika's feeling when Kurono was revived. But she didn't even do anything.

It's also strange the Nishi choose to tell them about the catastrophe now when he couldve done it earlier.
But then he could just be an unpredictable character.

About the end of the world thing, It's all Nishi talking, We don't actually no if its true or not.
Where are the translation btw? Couldnt find it anywhere.

Hollow Kurono
September 13, 2008, 03:17 AM
To start off this chapter was great. I really hope that gantz isn't revolved around humans starting a nucleur war. I just can't see the manga switching over from fighting aliens to nucleur warfare. I suspect that aliens will invade the earth, and gantz knows about it because it was sent to earth by a rival alien civilization to gather humans to fight off the invading aliens.

Well Nishi didnt mention it was an army of humans,but it could be an army of vampires,could be,Im just sayin,but its gonna be aliens for sure and its obvious that the Tokyo Gantz team wont be doing this job alone,even if they will be doing this.I just hope the vamps are gonna be in tihs war and motherfucker Kaze just left,he realy did and without him its gonna be a bit harder.I just hope they all make a big conversation which Vamps are going to atend to.

I am realy excited about this,I just dont want it to be screw up mission,but I realy want to see Kurono back.

Have you guys notice the style of Gantz has changed quite alot?
I mean not just drawing style, Gantz now focus a lot less on emotional stuff but trying to get the story to move on. I was expecting to see Reika's feeling when Kurono was revived. But she didn't even do anything.

It's also strange the Nishi choose to tell them about the catastrophe now when he couldve done it earlier.
But then he could just be an unpredictable character.

About the end of the world thing, It's all Nishi talking, We don't actually no if its true or not.
Where are the translation btw? Couldnt find it anywhere.

Well old man didnt react to Kurono to.My thing is that Reika will talk to him later,when noone is around so she could have a nice,private one-on-one chit-chat with Kurono :) and after what NIshi said there aint gonna be time for no emotions,war is comin and + Kurono said to have all his memories till the Oni mission,so he remebers Tae and Reika remebers Tae,maybe she wont waste her time.

Maybe he said it,cause he fears it himself,he just doesnt show it,he could probably be in his cloack mode and stand on the corner and listen to what they are sayin,what they are gonna do,I dont think NIshi is so cool with this,he is probably scared to,he probably yes,no he is.

Well maybe it could be,but I remeber he talked shit,but this would be over the top,you know Kurono would beat the shit out of him if he lied and not only him,Inaba would atack the shit to,so would Katou,pff,this would be a terrible joke,to bad its not.If it was said,Oku wont scrath that thhought and will please with a fuckin war.

Nishi didn't worry about dying.

He said, "looks like you guys are going to be the ones to die", or something along the lines of that. He seemed pretty chill about it.

Edit: The new chapter comes out on the 22nd, right?

Oh yeah,he didnt worry about dyin when he died in the bird mission,man never believe a guy like that.Hell be in there to,or maybe he wont,that could mean this that it will be on they off-duty time so Gantz wont interfere with this "NUCLEAR WAR" and if he wont,Nishi wont to.The war will be left to the Gantzers.

September 22?

I don't think Katastophe will be something caused by humans. Most likely we'll see an huge alien invasion in the entire Earth (like Independence Day), Gantz is all about alien invasions since the beggining. And all Gantz teams around the world will fight against it.

Well Nishi never said and it could be cause by aliens,but it could be cause by humans to,maybe Oku will put in that LHC black hole thing in da manga :D maybe he will.But nah,it could be an alien invasion,if he said an army,invincible army,you can expect aliens,humans dont have that technology,maybe some kind of secret company does,much like the vampires or so.

:D died to a 5 pointer :D good one,Inaba doesnt hide tho.

shit i so hate making long posts.

Damura
September 13, 2008, 05:28 AM
Just read the chapter! Would have been cool to see the team gang up on Host Samurai, but hey, at least Kei's alive now... I can wait... they are bound to fight eventually, I think.

Nishi seems to think Nuclear War is a very strong possibility... as far as I can tell, aliens don't have nuclear weapons, so I'm thinking humans might be the cause of that little problem, maybe in an attempt to take care of the possible invasion. I'm starting to think that Nishi may have been one of the first Gantzers ever... their weren't that many people in the memory, and he's been around long enough to see several entire teams wiped out... who knows? He knew there were about 6-7 months left to live, and yet he still spent his time hunting down small cats in invisibility mode... way to live it up.

I was just wondering, is the spelling of Catastrophe (Katastrophe) intentional, or just a typo?

ryairyai
September 13, 2008, 05:35 AM
OK just trying to clear up some potential misunderstandings of hissou's translations, no where on the raw does it mention a full scale alien invasion. Nishi speculates that a possibility of the objective of the countdown is nuclear warfare, and he is saying something more like: "someone with a powerful military force will take control of the world", with a modernized overtone, instead of some horde of unstoppable demons rampaging the earth.

Of course, alien invasion IS a reasonable alternative to the objective of the countdown, but instead if you think about it in reverse: the demons might be coming/settled on earth beCAUSE there will be a nuclear warfare soon where all humanity gets wiped out. Their purpose though is up for debates. It could be that they want to repopulate the earth and pull off a "take over yo planet" thing. Maybe the reason they started showing themselves in public is, in fact, because they realized that there is little time left..?

Oh one more thing, is it just me who realized: according to Gantz, if there's only 1 more week left before apocalypse, doesn't that mean the series will be finished soon??

that's just criminal!
[hr]

I was just wondering, is the spelling of Catastrophe (Katastrophe) intentional, or just a typo?

i'm no expert on language but remember how Gantz's *possible* origin is a cult in Germany..?

..and notice how Germans use "k" instead of "c"..?

example: blitzKRIEG, KRITZKRIEG (tf2 woot)

staytough
September 13, 2008, 06:41 AM
Did anyone notice how Nishi says "But we`re still not sure about anything" and "what we can say is..."
Somehow I have the feeling he isn't talking about the actual Gantzteam (but maybe i read too much into it and he is just calling himself WE because he thinks so highly of himself).

And all of this things he`s saying about that the ones with the strongest arsenal will rule the land sounds like a Gantz Battle Royale to me, but if this happens, the tokyo team with not at least one bfg or powered up suite seems pretty much screwed.

edit:
just saw that there seems to be a little bit of a difference between njt`s and Hisshou`s translation
Hisshou's: "An invincible army is gonna descend on Earth"
NJT: "Those with a powerful arsenal will take control of the land."
but wich of the two translations is right?

i'm no expert on language but remember how Gantz's *possible* origin is a cult in Germany..?

yes, Katastrophe is the german way to type Catastrophe

georgemarvin
September 13, 2008, 07:56 AM
Nishi definitely meant to use the K in catastrophe; it's the German word in the japanese raw.

It's powerful arsenal. And that fits with Nishi's earlier discussion with Izumi in the subway, when he stated that the Tokyo team needs more weapons to survive.

When he's talking about what the catastrophe might be, he's saying we, not I.

There was a discussion about the translation of both of those lines in another forum. Evidently one of the translators mistakenly used the singular instead of the plural.

Nishi is probably talking about all of the veterans from the teams that he mentioned in his website and conversation with Izumi. It would make perfect sense for them to contact each other to see if anybdoy had figured out anything about the catastrophe, and to exchange info about the monsters that they had fought. It would be in Nishi's best interest to know if a monster wasn't affected by an x-gun, regenerated, whatever. So he would exchange info. That would be one reason why he guards his info so well; it can be valuable to other teams.

Evidently, several of the teams have figured out that if the catastrophe is a nuclear war, their suits and weapons can be used to take over the world; Nishi thinks that the teams with a lot of artillery will have a better chance of surviving the war.

Damura
September 13, 2008, 10:02 AM
It could be that they want to repopulate the earth and pull off a "take over yo planet" thing. Maybe the reason they started showing themselves in public is, in fact, because they realized that there is little time left..?

You don't start invading a planet that you know is going to be destroyed by nuclear weapons in the near future... Unless you think the onion alien brought his nuclear-immune child to earth to get a start on his pre-school education...

Thanks for clearing that up for me... I wasn't 100% sure but I had a feeling...
[hr]

Evidently, several of the teams have figured out that if the catastrophe is a nuclear war, their suits and weapons can be used to take over the world; Nishi thinks that the teams with a lot of artillery will have a better chance of surviving the war.

I like that little theory :) Gantz teams using the chaos to start their own little territory war... I agree with Nishi... if that happens, Tokyo's screwed. They all hesitate to kill humans, they flashback too much, and they can't even come up with a proper strategy without half their team getting their arms chopped off first. The Osakans would have been perfect for that sort of thing...

To me, the veteran teams (German, American etc) seem to be everything that the Tokyo teams are not... organised, smart, and experienced... I can't wait to see how this whole Katastrophe thing turns out.

anonym9191
September 13, 2008, 12:15 PM
That chapter was really interesting. At least now we have confirmation about Kurono being revived. However, that "Katastrophe" seems to be an interesting twist and I wonder what it is about - and why didn't Nishi tell them earlier, if it was important to gather weapons for this, it would have been easier, if they had known this earlier...

Btw.: With the newest chapters, I somehow would like to see the Ganz anime remade - but according to the manga. I think it would be really interesting but probably that isn't going to happen, is it?

Kozar927
September 13, 2008, 12:38 PM
The last two chapters mved oddly fast. When Katou was revived it was so dramatic, now that kei was revived it was: O hey whats up ok moving onn....
lol

Amnesiac
September 13, 2008, 01:12 PM
Rofl. I couldn't figure out the timer, and it's so simple. It's just counting the seconds.

In the last page there's 7 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes and 37 seconds left, Reika almost nailed it. In your face, whoever says she's dumb!

Icesoul
September 13, 2008, 01:45 PM
Hi all,:)
I'm a new member here, but I've read gantz for a long time.
I just read the old chapters again and found that In 1 mission Gantzer can get
points over 100 points (refer from Oni mission).
So I doubt why Katou got only 100 points from the latest mission.
Any explanation?
Thanks.

anonym9191
September 13, 2008, 02:34 PM
@Amensiac: I thought nearly from the beginning that it could only be seconds:
I mean it counted down 82 from one page to another - however it was a bit strange because it didn't move then two pages later :) - and therefore it could only be seconds (OK it could also have been something less than seconds but that would then have been too less) and not minutes.
And by calculating and then reading it at the last page I got it verified...

Btw.: Is it really Reika who said the last words? After all there is no there in the last picture at all - ok it probably was her because she was looking at it one picture before but...

@Icesoul: It is obvious that some rules from Gantz himself changed during the last missions (it started with the last mission in the first part of chapters). They become visible, no counter, a.s.o.

Quetz
September 13, 2008, 02:39 PM
Giant, semi-unkillable demons that start randomly massacring people and shouting their intention to kill the world? If that's not a reason for someone to nuke a place, I'm not sure what is.

If a bunch of 100 pointers pop up at the same time...

Shinsatsu
September 13, 2008, 03:05 PM
They mentioned a nuclear war... So it's not going to happen.

Oku likes surprises and he said that because he wanted readers to imagine a real nuclear war happening which will be the cause of the extermination of human race. I have a feeling that the disaster mentioned in the last chapter isn't more than a huge alien attack at the world at the same time...
After all, it's time to see all gantz teams all over the world fighting for the same goal.

wrstljr
September 13, 2008, 04:34 PM
Crazy revelation...but overall a very flukey slopppy Gantz chapter. It doesnt happen much, but I felt like things seemed too hurried.

Can't wait to see everyones interactions outside of Gantz now.

JyAZ
September 13, 2008, 05:10 PM
Oh one more thing, is it just me who realized: according to Gantz, if there's only 1 more week left before apocalypse, doesn't that mean the series will be finished soon??

Almost over? Maybe story wise, but remember how long it took for us to get a maybe 2 hour mission? If there's a week left in the Gantz world, we could be looking at 10 more years. :p

njt
September 13, 2008, 08:29 PM
edit:
just saw that there seems to be a little bit of a difference between njt`s and Hisshou`s translation
Hisshou's: "An invincible army is gonna descend on Earth"
NJT: "Those with a powerful arsenal will take control of the land."
but wich of the two translations is right?

See the post prior to yours :3

georgemarvin
September 13, 2008, 11:45 PM
Hi all,
I'm a new member here, but I've read gantz for a long time.
I just read the old chapters again and found that In 1 mission Gantzer can get
points over 100 points (refer from Oni mission).
So I doubt why Katou got only 100 points from the latest mission.
Any explanation?
Thanks.

Actually, Izumi already had 46 points. His total after Oni was 126. That meant he scored 80 points that mission.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/185/09/

Sakata already had 21 points. His total after Oni was 105 points. That meant he scored 84 points.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gant/174/03/ (http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/174/03/)

Old Man already had 15 points. His total after Oni was 100 points. That meant he scored 85 points.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/174/06/

Kei already had 78 points. His total after Oni was 135 points. That meant he scored 56 points.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/174/08/

Reika had killed something before Oni, but I don't remember where it had shown her score. Same goes for Kaze.

Basically, in the room after the Oni mission, the Gantz menu was showing their totals for all missions, not just what they had accumulated that mission. Nobody actually made over 100 points in just that mission by itself.

Host Samurai
September 14, 2008, 04:28 AM
That chapter was really interesting. At least now we have confirmation about Kurono being revived. However, that "Katastrophe" seems to be an interesting twist and I wonder what it is about - and why didn't Nishi tell them earlier, if it was important to gather weapons for this, it would have been easier, if they had known this earlier...

Btw.: With the newest chapters, I somehow would like to see the Ganz anime remade - but according to the manga. I think it would be really interesting but probably that isn't going to happen, is it?

I agree that chapter was interesting. The reason why Nishi didn't tell them is probably that he thought that the current team was useless.

With this revelation i think that Nishi originally planned to gather strong weapons, to be prepared for Katastrophe. I think that Katastrophe will be an all out war between the Gantzers and the Aliens.

How come that Sakurai knew that HS and KB were vampires? Did I miss something :s..

Hollow Kurono
September 14, 2008, 06:25 AM
I agree that chapter was interesting. The reason why Nishi didn't tell them is probably that he thought that the current team was useless.

With this revelation i think that Nishi originally planned to gather strong weapons, to be prepared for Katastrophe. I think that Katastrophe will be an all out war between the Gantzers and the Aliens.

How come that Sakurai knew that HS and KB were vampires? Did I miss something :s..

Its funny if Nishi thinks theyre useless then that makes Nishi even more useless,maybe he knows some info,but in the battle field he fucks up.It would be so selfish of him to think that way,but doesnt matter,hell tell everything,he will probably spy on Kurono to tell him about the Katastrophe.

Yeah its possible that its gonna be a war,its gonna suck if the humans are gonna ruin everythin.

He probably knew them from way back.Nishi I think told him,remeber he made a call and said someone is going to atack Izumi,dont remeber if he said its gonna be the vampires,but he didnt say it was human to.

cloneofsnake
September 14, 2008, 10:15 AM
Just read the chapter! In 1 week?! All I can say is there will be a lot of raping going on in Kurono's neighbourhood!!

nutuna
September 14, 2008, 10:33 AM
hello?
i know not many people is going to see my post, but:

what if the count down its not based on "time" but on how many "alliens alive"?
(>there are lots of gantzers worldwide who are on missions, therefor its normal to the count to go down.<)

Then the catastrophe will ot be based on an "allien vs human" war but a "human vs human" between countries perhaps. because each gantz will have such an experienced-well armed squads that maybe the ones who created the gantz ball, and the gantz game to defeat alliens, start a war between them.

what do u think?

Mr.Aaron
September 14, 2008, 11:58 AM
hello?
i know not many people is going to see my post, but:

Then how would this be a catastrophe if the number went to zero...?

georgemarvin
September 14, 2008, 12:21 PM
It's a timer. Read the chapter. Notice that it's counting down.

Its funny if Nishi thinks theyre useless then that makes Nishi even more useless,maybe he knows some info,but in the battle field he fucks up.It would be so selfish of him to think that way,but doesnt matter,hell tell everything,he will probably spy on Kurono to tell him about the Katastrophe.

Nishi is far from useless. He didn't do anything wrong, from a tactician's viewpoint, in any of his battles. His tactics were designed for maximum points and minimum risk.

Look at his tactics in each battle.

The first battle, he came out of stealth mode and captured the onion alien in a second.
He let the rookies take all of the risks and he got all of the points.

The second one, he was shot twice before the battle began. He was evidently going to just hang back in stealth mode and let the rookies fight until he knew what the Tanaka were capable of doing. He accidentally stepped on a chick, but that wasn't really bad tactics. He had no way to know that it was related to his target. He also didn't know that the target could see him in stealth mode. He was winning the fight and had just knocked the Tanaka into the wall when he heard sounds like X-guns firing and his suit went dead. I've speculated that the suit didn't just die for no apparent reason: the thugs on the bridge may have shot him in the back to get revenge for their dead buddy. They hung around and laughed at him until he died, then walked off to try to go home. His tactics weren't in question there. Just his luck.

His movements were identical to Izumi's when they faced the two vampires, then he told Izumi that it was his fight and laid down right in the center of the aisle behind Izumi and fluffed up a pillow to take a nap. That was only bad tactics if he wasn't 100% sure that Izumi would be successful. Complete confidence in a teammate who has fought beside you in dozens of battles and has never let you down before isn't really bad tactics.

During the Nuri mission, he killed the Tengu despite the Osaka team telling him that they would kill anybody who interfered with their hunt. He completely liquified Nuri from stealth. He was firing at him again when Nuri blew his arm off. Nothing wrong with the tactics; he took 71 points from right under the noses of the Osakans and came within a second of taking down Nuri again and getting the 100 points.

Not one of his tactics has been questionable if you don't care about other people and just want to get as many points as possible, as fast as possible. They are all designed for maximum points at minimum risk. He has been in contact with the other teams, so he knows what all of the rewards are. He has been trying to get as many points as he can before the catastrophe; he probably wanted that last 100 points for something like a mecha or gorilla suit. He isn't worried about dying himself, so he probably has quite a little armory of his own built up.

Now that we know about the catastrophe, and from the scared look on Nishi's face when Kei told him that it had been 6 months since he died, we can assume that Nishi's attitude and the fact that he didn't care about whether anybody else lived or died was because he knew how close the end was, and he was trying to get as big of an arsenal as he could before the end came. That's also why he told Katou that they weren't a team; it was every man for himself because whoever gets the most points will have the best chance to survive after the catastrophe.

I think that Nishi still likes Kei, despite the fact that Kei disappointed him at the end of the onion alien mission. Kei has evolved to the point that he is willing to kill both aliens and humans, if necessary. He practically lived for the hunts until he met Tae. He was reluctant to leave, even though everybody else was encouraging him to. He wasn't even disappointed when he saw that he was suddenly back in the room. He was more concerned about his points being gone. He didn't even care about the dozens of people that his tactics were going to get killed during the Dino mission; when the old man warned him about how many people that would die, he just said "I don't care". Nishi hasn't seen what the veteran Kei is now capable of. After their next hunt, he will probably try to help Kei again, since he will know that Kei has, indeed, become much more like him.

They've fought an Oni boss twice in a row now, and in three out of 9 hunts, total. I wonder if the Oni will end up being their arch-villains. After all, if you look at 1000 arms, the Oni boss that Reika fought in issues 198-201, and Nuri, they all had the same powers. Nuri was just a little more durable.
1000 arms and Nuri both used a laser attack.

1000 arms, the Oni boss and Nuri all used an acid attack. 1000 arms and Oni both splattered it on the Gantz members, but Nuri emitted an acid mist that the X-gun showed when the drug addict used it on him, but was apparently so fine that it was invisible to the naked eye. There is evidently a finite supply, though, because he no longer emitted it after his fight with Oka.

1000 arms, the Oni, and Nuri could all change forms. The Oni changed into a bee, an elephant, an ecchi that was smaller but otherwise the same as the one Nuri became, Reika and Kei, and the animal thing that carried Inaba for a ride. Nuri showed the exact same ability.

1000 arms, the Oni, and Nuri could all regenerate from devastating damage, even to the point of being splattered.

Even though the Oni boss could handle being splattered by X-guns, it couldn't take one hit from Kei's surprise attack with a Gantz sword. Even though Nuri could handle being splattered by the H-gun, it couldn't take one hit from Oka's surprise attack with a Gantz sword.

The Oni seem to be the bosses. They are the real enemy. The Dinos and horsemen seem to be hostile emigrants. The onions, Tanaka, Shorty and the rest of them seem to be something like illegal immigrants or refugees who just want to survive.

!ArtiSaBanG!
September 14, 2008, 03:05 PM
Nishi is far from useless. He didn't do anything wrong, from a tactician's viewpoint, in any of his battles. His tactics were designed for maximum points and minimum risk. .

i dont agree. versus bosses, strong oponnets, u cannot win alone even Oka with the mecha, power armor and other mega toys couldnt do it, sometimes teamwork and simple x-guns are more important, and u will never get a good team if ur tactic is based on sacrificing ur teampartners a lot of them could be really strong but without the most important thing, information, news, they died quickly just for Nishi's 3 points

sorry for my english i hope u get what i mean

edit:
ah one more thing, and thats why Nishi's has been killed, all b/c he didnt give a damn about other ppl, thats why ppl were watching him when he was crying for help, i think Nishi's finished the game 4,5 or even 6 times THE last 100 points was something he was looking for, propably mecha, we know he had bikes,swords, other stuff hovewer he's not used it b/c of his tactic but in the end he was killed by a bird worth 3-5 points rofl pathetic ...

georgemarvin
September 14, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, Nishi is a real lone wolf. He was trying to get all of the points for himself because he knew that he didn't have long before the catastrophe, and he wanted to get some really uber weapons. However, he did try to recruit Kei as a teammate at the end of the Onion mission. He hinted to Kei that there was a way for him to survive without a suit before the Tanaka mission. He was having fun watching Kei squirm, but he would have showed him the arsenal room after having his fun, if the biker punk hadn't shot him. After that, he was in a hurry to get out of there because he knew that the suit can only take 3 of 4 hits from the guns, and he had already been hit twice.

Nishi doesn't waste his time with morons, though; he was watching the rookies to see if any of them figured out that the suit was important, if they could fight the aliens effectively, etc., he was basically trying to find somebody with potential who would live long enough to be worth the time to train as an apprentice.

If Nishi had lived through the Tanaka mission, he would have probably taken Sei under his wing. She is the one rookie who had great potential from the start. She was stronger, smarter and more willing to kill the enemy than Kei was. Given a little experience, she could have been right up there with Izumi or Kei.

!ArtiSaBanG!
September 14, 2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, Nishi is a real lone wolf. He was trying to get all of the points for himself because he knew that he didn't have long before the catastrophe, and he wanted to get some really uber weapons.

u are right if we are talking about small "jobs" later as we could see and u said 4-5 gantzers got 80 pts just after 1 mission, he was a lil bit too greedy wasnt he?

However, he did try to recruit Kei as a teammate at the end of the Onion mission. He hinted to Kei that there was a way for him to survive without a suit before the Tanaka mission. He was having fun watching Kei squirm, but he would have showed him the arsenal room after having his fun, if the biker punk hadn't shot him.

yeah thats why i think he unlocked some of the stuff, im sure he wanted to give him a bike the same that Kei used when Izumi left the door opened.
and now think of it, why the hell was he shot? b/c after watching so many ppl dieing his brain was screwed up, he feels good and something below is getting harder when he kills, watching someone getting killed, he was making fun of bikers and he was out of luck cuz they were even more screwed up than him ( not really )

Nishi doesn't waste his time with morons, though; he was watching the rookies to see if any of them figured out that the suit was important, if they could fight the aliens effectively, etc., he was basically trying to find somebody with potential who would live long enough to be worth the time to train as an apprentice.

i dont think so, use ur imagination some guy telling u to put on some weird outfit, he didnt say that it gives some special powers,abilities etc. nor made a show up, he could demonstrate what a gun and suit is capable of before the send off

what i mean is Nishi is a great Gantzer but his path is wrong ( rofl xD i sound like a Jedi (padavan ;p) )
u cannot win a war just by yourself, he should try to build up a team,

Thats why Osaka team couldnt win the last mission while Tokyo without upgreads did

NumeroUno
September 14, 2008, 07:13 PM
Nishi isnt useless just selfish. He told Kei he would die without his suit and kei ended up on top while nishi bled through his eyes lol.. Nishi is just too stuck-up

Kozar927
September 14, 2008, 07:56 PM
Why does every prediction thread turn into a Nishi discussion?

:rant

lol

Mr.Aaron
September 14, 2008, 08:12 PM

:rant

lol

Because Nishi is a character that puts a big impression in the manga.

SeaWo|f
September 14, 2008, 09:09 PM

Because we have been waiting two years to finish a single mission and nishi gave us some actual plot advancement?

Seriously if that whole Katastrophe thing wasnt enough of clue say that gantz is getting into its final leg I think the comment between Kei and Kato seals the deal. I mean think about it They started off together just trying to figure the game out. Then each one of them got to lead the team by themselves and get experience against real strong opponents. Now their back together and it seems that what ever gantz was working towards is all but upon them.

I'm pulling for some chapters right now to really work on the development of the characters and some more clues as to exactly what is going to happen, but when Katastrophe comes i hope the shit really hits the fan and gantz can go out in a deserving manner.

I mean wouldnt that be best? Does anyone want to see this become some kind of never ending shonen-ish series that just pulls "plot" and stronger enemies out of its ass? If Katastrophe isnt the end of gantz I hope it fundamentally changes gantz otherwise it will become stale.

georgemarvin
September 15, 2008, 01:43 AM
Because it's Nishi's time to shine; he's FINALLY revealing some of the secrets about Gantz.
The only other thing to talk about in this issue was what Kei remembered when he was rezzed, and I had already predicted that Kei would be revived with memories up to the point where Gantz sent him home several issues back; it was old news even before Katou killed Nuri.
Let's change the subject, then. What do you think about the theory that 1000 arms, the Oni boss that Reika fought in issues 198-201, and Nuri were all the same species of aliens? Their powers were just too similar. We might eventually find out that there is an intergalactic war between Nuri's race and the Gantz race. They are fighting because they both want to colonize the earth and use it as a base in the war. Meanwhile, there are a few dozen species of refugees who are coming to earth to escape the war. Both sides might want to get rid of the refugees. That would make sense.

SeaWo|f
September 15, 2008, 03:33 AM
They could be the same species but I doubt there is anything like a war between them and gantz. The way that gantz acts just doesnt make sense for that to be true. If earth were really important in some kind of conflict I dont see why gantz would only give suits and weakish weapons to the gantz'ers with no explanation of what to do. If there really was a conflict wouldnt it make sense to give them the best weapons, a full listing of the rules and keep the best players in the game?

If anything I see the only conflict as being between the humans and these aliens with gantz just sitting back and peddling in matters for his own amusement.

!ArtiSaBanG!
September 15, 2008, 07:21 AM
Gantz race? what do u mean by that? gantz is a human isnt he?

Shinsatsu
September 15, 2008, 09:30 AM
How come Gantz know exactly when the disaster is happening. There may be some kind of time traveling or something... Gantz, a survivor, went back in time to prevent what happened to the human race. Maybe he's human too and he's trying to avoid what happened in the past.

That was my friend speculation but I dont think it's true.

Amnesiac
September 15, 2008, 09:48 AM
Like I said earlier, if gantz knows exactly when "it" is going to happen, it's most likely something gantz controls. A countdown to something that will be started by gantz.

As many pointed out, gantz doesn't take things nearly as serious as he would if his purpose was to save the earth or something similar. The whole thing just seems like a game.

georgemarvin
September 15, 2008, 10:55 AM
Like I said earlier, if gantz knows exactly when "it" is going to happen, it's most likely something gantz controls. A countdown to something that will be started by gantz.

There are a few possibilities:
1. Gantz is going to cause the catastrophe.
2. Gantz and the opposing side agreed to start something at a designated time.
3. Gantz is from the future and knows when a cataclysmic event will happen.
4. Gantz is just displaying more of his sick, twisted sense of humor; the deadline will pass and nothing will happen.
5. The catastrophe will be one for Gantz, not the human race. A catastrophe for him could be a complete breakdown of his system.
6. Gantz may have decided to pit all of the teams against each other in a battle to the death, with the idea of making copies the very best to fight in his war.
7. Gantz may have decided to start a nuclear war on his own, with the theory that the aliens won't emigrate to Earth if it's a radioactive wasteland. The old scorched earth policy.
8. Gantz may have an expiration date. Poof, end of game.
9. Nishi may have convinced Gantz to play a rather cruel practical joke on the team.
10. Gantz may just be guessing; the deadline passes, nothing happens, then a few days later, BOOM!
11. It could be that all of the Gantz balls will merge and all of the surviving players will be transported to an interstellar battlefield to fight the alien champions. Winner takes all.

Somebody want to add a few more to the list?

Captain Marmoset
September 15, 2008, 12:02 PM
What the hell? "Now we're back to square one." "A new arc."

Does this mean that the whole Osaka mission was all filler?

I call shenanigans on Oka.

Kozar927
September 15, 2008, 01:41 PM
Gantz really isnt the type of story that has "filler"
if that were the case then manyy gantz archs would be classified filler.

EliteBeatAgents
September 15, 2008, 02:45 PM
There are a few possibilities:
1. Gantz is going to cause the catastrophe.
2. Gantz and the opposing side agreed to start something at a designated time.
3. Gantz is from the future and knows when a cataclysmic event will happen.
4. Gantz is just displaying more of his sick, twisted sense of humor; the deadline will pass and nothing will happen.
5. The catastrophe will be one for Gantz, not the human race. A catastrophe for him could be a complete breakdown of his system.
6. Gantz may have decided to pit all of the teams against each other in a battle to the death, with the idea of making copies the very best to fight in his war.
7. Gantz may have decided to start a nuclear war on his own, with the theory that the aliens won't emigrate to Earth if it's a radioactive wasteland. The old scorched earth policy.
8. Gantz may have an expiration date. Poof, end of game.
9. Nishi may have convinced Gantz to play a rather cruel practical joke on the team.
10. Gantz may just be guessing; the deadline passes, nothing happens, then a few days later, BOOM!
11. It could be that all of the Gantz balls will merge and all of the surviving players will be transported to an interstellar battlefield to fight the alien champions. Winner takes all.

Somebody want to add a few more to the list?

I would like to throw the "gantz is the shepherd of the aliens and the aliens broke free and want a revolution." Theory

!ArtiSaBanG!
September 15, 2008, 02:58 PM
well since this all alien killing is a kinda of game, so this can be a game as well,i mean when the time comes prepared well armed, experienced teams will fight each other till the last man standing, it can be gantz vs gantz or rather all gantz teams versus aliens best teams,
winners rule the universe ?

SeaWo|f
September 15, 2008, 03:13 PM
I wouldnt really call it filler; I think the mission was necessary in order to push kato forward. At the beginning of the mission and all the way to when they were fighting Nurari, Kato was still hesitant to kill. I hope his discussion with Nurari becomes a turning point and from now on he will just be focused on completing the missions and killing the enemies. It also showcased that there really are other gantz teams, something which had been talked about but never confirmed. And it showed us that normal human weapons are not of much use against these aliens.

I think that these things along with the resurrection of kei and katastrophe could be the perfect setup for the beginning of the end. I do wish that izumi was still around though, they really need players like him if things are going to continue to spiral down.

As it is right now compared to the team for the oni mission they might only be slightly better off. Sure they have Nish and Kato now but we have yet to really see their true potential and we know that izumi was at least as strong as kei, the fact that nishi really respects him says a lot too.

georgemarvin
September 15, 2008, 04:06 PM
Does this mean that the whole Osaka mission was all filler?
I call shenanigans on Oka.
The Osaka mission was pretty informative, actually.
It showed us:

1. At least 3 bosses all had the same powers: 1000 arms, the Oni boss that Reika fought, and Nuri.

2. We saw most of the rewards up to 700 points. They evidently aren't all that good until a player gets to the 500 point level.

3. We saw that Nishi's tactics are pretty dominant. He can be a force to be reckoned with; he took out the Tengu from right under the noses of those Osaka jerks and nearly took out Nuri. They are also the same stealth and surprise tactics that Izumi and 700 point veteran Oka use.

4. We saw why Nishi didn't think of it as a team effort: There were only going to be a few more missions before the catastrophe, and the players with the most points would have the best equipment, and therefore, the best chance of surviving. Therefore, it was more like a competition to score the most points; when the points are shared between several players, there aren't enough to go around for anybody to get the really powerful rewards.

5. We saw that there are other teams that are so strong that they make the Tokyo team look pitiful.

6. We saw that a single player who is able to clear every time by himself and get all the points could score enough to have the really killer rewards, like the BFGs, the giant invisible Gantz suit that was in the lake fighting all the aliens when Nerdo was introduced, the flying bike, the gorilla suit and the mecha that just lasted a few seconds. The mecha was actually pretty lame, come to think of it. Why did Oka use that lame pile of junk instead of the cool invisible suit that he was using before Nishi took out the Tengu?
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/260/04-05/
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/268/25/

7. We found out that the Oni/Nuri bosses still like to fake out the Gantz members. With 1000 arms, it was part of the rookie teacher. Last time, it was copies of Reika and Kei. This time, it was half of Oka. Notice, nothing in his hands when he lands.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/276/12/
Katou turns around, and voila, the instant appearing torso.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/276/14/
Great tactic to demoralize an enemy: Make him think you've just killed somebody 10 times as strong as he is. It had no real effect on the team, but it was worth a try, anyway. I wonder what the team will think when they see the real Oka alive and well when they get back in contact with the Osaka team, though? It looked like they were all fooled.

8. It showed us Reika's dark side, and Sakata had a great death, befitting his character. It showed us that Katou is the real hero of the series. While Kei is a superstar, he is selfish, cowardly and cruel sometimes, but Katou really cares. He always does what's right, no matter the cost. And he is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. In comic book terms, he's like Superman to Kei's Punisher, Kaze's Hercules and Nishi's Wolverine. It showed us that Reika keeps her head, no matter how dire the circumstance. She was able to save the Old Man while Inaba almost got himself killed by just instinctively making a run for it. That also showed us that Inaba still hasn't learned anything except how to run away.

Altogether, the Osaka mission was a great arc, even if it did take a little too long. It gave us a lot of character development and showed us what the rewards are. It showed us that a weak team can survive better than a really strong individual. It showed us that stealth is, indeed, a very effective strategy. It showed us that there is a 100 point limit per mission.

!ArtiSaBanG!
September 15, 2008, 04:27 PM
The Osaka mission was pretty informative, actually.
It showed us:
3. We saw that Nishi's tactics are pretty dominant. He can be a force to be reckoned with; he took out the Tengu from right under the noses of those Osaka jerks and nearly took out Nuri. They are also the same stealth and surprise tactics that Izumi and 700 point veteran Oka use.

ahh this again Nishi super hero :eyeroll

Nishi's never had a chance win that fight, Oka couldn't do it, either Nishi, there is no gantzer who can kill off so powerful alien alone,

5. We saw that there are other teams that are so strong that they make the Tokyo team look pitiful.

U mean the great Osaka team 2 useles chicks grandpa and a guy without legs and arms ;)

6. We saw that a single player who is able to clear every time by himself and get all the points could score enough to have the really killer rewards, like the BFGs, the giant invisible Gantz suit that was in the lake fighting all the aliens when Nerdo was introduced, the flying bike, the gorilla suit and the mecha that just lasted a few seconds. The mecha was actually pretty lame, come to think of it. Why did Oka use that lame pile of junk instead of the cool invisible suit that he was using before Nishi took out the Tengu?

thgis cool invisible suits is THE mecha in stealth mode ...
just look how big it is,

7. We found out that the Oni/Nuri bosses still like to fake out the Gantz members. With 1000 arms, it was part of the rookie teacher. Last time, it was copies of Reika and Kei. This time, it was half of Oka. Notice, nothing in his hands when he lands.
Katou turns around, and voila, the instant appearing torso.
Great tactic to demoralize an enemy: Make him think you've just killed somebody 10 times as strong as he is. It had no real effect on the team, but it was worth a try, anyway. I wonder what the team will think when they see the real Oka alive and well when they get back in contact with the Osaka team, though? It looked like they were all fooled.

wow i havent noticed that, it means Oka is still well and alive,

8. It showed us Reika's dark side, and Sakata had a great death, befitting his character. It showed us that Katou is the real hero of the series. While Kei is a superstar, he is selfish, cowardly and cruel sometimes, but Katou really cares. He always does what's right, no matter the cost. And he is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. In comic book terms, he's like Superman to Kei's Punisher, Kaze's Hercules and Nishi's Wolverine. It showed us that Reika keeps her head, no matter how dire the circumstance. She was able to save the Old Man while Inaba almost got himself killed by just instinctively making a run for it. That also showed us that Inaba still hasn't learned anything except how to run away.

at least he doesnt pee his pants anymore ;)

georgemarvin
September 15, 2008, 05:33 PM
ahh this again Nishi super hero

Nishi's never had a chance win that fight, Oka couldn't do it, either Nishi, there is no gantzer who can kill off so powerful alien alone,

Everybody seems to misunderstand the point. Nishi is no superman. He is physically the weakest player except for Takeshi. The actual point isn't that Nishi is strong because he knows how to use the suits and weapons, it's that, other than Nishi, the current Tokyo team is so weak because none of them have figured out how to use the suits or really do anything despite being veterans of several missions, which they have survived solely by relying on Kei and Izumi and pure dumb luck.

They don't use the suits' abilities, they don't ask Gantz questions, they don't bother to learn what the rifles and pistols can do, they don't use the bikes or swords, Kaze won't even use weapons at all.

I doubt if any of them except Reika and Nishi can even count to 10. They're that dumb. They can work together, but that's the extent of their abilities. No wonder Nishi said that they would be the first to die.

Even though it looks like the obvious thing to do, and most 3 year olds would think of it, I doubt if anybody other than Kei or Reika will even think about asking Gantz what's going on. After all, it's only their own survival and that of the world at stake.

The fact is, Nishi should be the weakest member of the team, if the rest of them didn't have the IQs of the average house fly.

I think one of the points of the last mission wasn't that Nuri was so strong; he really wasn't much stronger than the Oni boss that Reika fought during the last mission. Remember that she got 100 points that mission, and she just killed a few 2-pointers other than that boss. It also looks like Gantz has a policy against kill-stealing; she got the points for it despite the fact that Kei administered the final blow. The point of that mission was that Nuri was nearly impossible to kill without a superstar like Kei or Izumi on the team.

Fortunately, with Nishi, Kei, HS and Reika on the team, it's going to have at least a few members whose shoe size isn't higher than their IQs for the next mission.

!ArtiSaBanG!
September 15, 2008, 05:57 PM
yeah, thats why this whole story is dumb, i mean they fight against aliens, they got some super suits, laser beam emitters and they've never checked what the hell is that small funny switch on a gun ... better some of them dont even need a gun, fists do more dmg, geez ...

Kozar927
September 15, 2008, 06:38 PM
yeah, thats why this whole story is dumb...

Please tell me this is sarcasm :notrust

georgemarvin
September 15, 2008, 06:42 PM
Well, in real life there are a lot of stupid people out there. The majority of the people in the Gantz room are people who died an early and violent death, so most of them aren't exactly the best and brightest. And some of the people in the Gantz room did have a little sense. Kei learned how to use that little knob; he used it to lock onto three of the thugs in the Tae mission at once. He also learned how to use stealth. Likewise, Izumi and Nishi knew how to use their weapons and suits. I don't know how much Reika has figured out, but she was able to handle herself pretty well in the Oni mission; it looked like she might have figured out that knob, since she killed the three Oni who had her surrounded.
We can assume that Nishi has asked Gantz every question that he could think of. Izumi knew a lot, even with his swiss cheese memory. Kei knows how to ask him questions using the "wet willie", but hasn't really taken advantage of it. But he can be excused somewhat; he was under a lot of emotional pressure every mission; being the sole survivor, then failing a mission, then Izumi trying to kill him, then the 15 points or you're dead, then Tae's death. He was just focused on getting Tae back and getting the heck out rather than trying to figure Gantz out. Then again, he did check out Nishi's website and asked Gantz a couple of things, which is more than anybody else did, even though they weren't under all that stress.

Mr.Aaron
September 15, 2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah. I think it would be pretty Ironic for Gantz to answer any question you ask him directly.

Kurono: All this time, even before Katastrophe and we still have no clue why we are being called here.

Hoi Hoi: Gantz, why do you call us here?

-Gantz Answers-

Katou: Kei-chan... you got pwnt...

georgemarvin
September 15, 2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah. Gantz has answered every question that Nishi asked. He's even answered Kei when he gave him a "wet willie". They're just a bunch of morons. Fortunately, Kei, who isn't a complete idiot, has returned. He will probably ask Gantz about the catastrophe on the last page of the next issue, but we won't get the answer for another 2 weeks. Then, it will probably be Gantz' usual cryptic leet half-answer. If he asks Gantz "will there be a nuclear war", the answer will probably be no. If he asks him "what is the catastrophe" he will get an answer that the question isn't specific enough. If the question is "is there anything we can do about the catastrophe", he will probably say "fight, die, or both". We can be sure that it's going to be more of a riddle than a straight answer.

Mr.Aaron
September 15, 2008, 07:52 PM
It kind of makes me wonder if the Man inside the ball is Gantz, or if the computer program installed within the ball is an AI called Gantz. Or some other theory.

skitvitum
September 16, 2008, 04:25 AM
OK, I just have to post this, because this thread is going from bizzare to one big WTF.
Mainly, this is just an answer for georgemarvin.

First mecha vs the invisible giant suit. MAn, are you friggin drunk or smthn? The giant stealth suit IS the mecha. It's just cloaked. Isn't that pretty damn obvious?!?! Somebody actually pointed that out, but you just ignored it...

Second, about the three bosses and their identical powers.
Again, are you drunk, or have you jut totally lost it.
In no regards can te bosses be the same. And no, the bloody morphing ability is just a coincidence. Where did the morphing Oni have laser beams, for instance? God, oh god, how you've lost it...

And lastly: the acid mist coming from Nuri?
Ok, this just has to be a joke. You seem a pretty observant, but then again... If something doesn't fit, well, you just make it up. Man, re-check that chapter over and over again, until you find out, that the smoke was actually vapors coming from the melting minions... Jeez /facepalm

I mean no disrespect, but this is really, too much out there.

And I don't even wanna go into the debate about Oka's torso...

Peace out

ryairyai
September 16, 2008, 11:06 AM
EVERYONE PLEASE READ MY POST TO PREVENT ANY FURTHER CONFUSION.

To add to skitvitum's "answers" for georgemarvin:

the theory you're trying to force this entire time, the one about the entire tokyo team having the IQ of a house fly... it... just doesn't make any sense at all ok? I noticed that in one of your posts you said: "now that Kei, Reika, Nishi, and HS is on the team..."

I understand that you favor certain characters in the manga, I mean, we all do. It's part of what makes a manga entertaining... But you're trying WAY too hard to make the same kind of impression on others. Have you ever thought for one second that Host Samurai has, in fact, no idea of what's going on besides the basics the Gantz team informed him of?

The fact is, Nishi should be the weakest member of the team, if the rest of them didn't have the IQs of the average house fly.

Again, personal judgment with absolutely no factual evidence. I'd love to hear why you've came to the conclusion with ACTUAL reference to the manga. And about the rifle and pistol thing: the fact is, they DO know that the top trigger is for locking on. I believe Kei was the one that told them about it. There're actually two perfectly logical explaination as to why they don't use it. 1: They don't freaking want to use it. 2: You don't see them use it. Stop making these comments as if you're an expert in the manga. The truth is, you've got the LEAST understanding of it.

And what's up with the comments saying that the Tokyo team is weak? Sakurai has freaking ESP; and Kaze can take out a fucking tank with that back attack of his. I suggest you not making any more comments until you can sort some things out. Sure, the Osaka teams cleared 3, 4 times. But how many of them survived the Osaka arc? And how many from Tokyo? And to think that the enemy Tokyo team encountered is the 100-pointer too. You think the Osaka team is strong, yet in reality they're several levels below the Tokyo team, and only manages to survive with the more powerful weapons they have.

Next. Oka was killed by Nurarihyon and decapitated. Stop denying the truth. There's a good explanation to why he wasn't holding his head too: HE WAS HOLDING HIS HEAD IN THE OTHER HAND. Simple, no? No one's faking anything. Not Nurarihyon, nor the 1000-arms. (Seriously, where did you get THAT idea from? The novice teacher? What??) When Nurari comes back behind Katou, you can only see his left hand. But considering his momentum, Oka's head would inevitably swing to the right, whereas it's covered by his left arm. Seriously, you're trying WAYYYYY too hard to protect the characters you favor. *SPOILER* Santa isn't real. */SPOILER*

Third. Nurarihyon is, in fact, several times more powerful than the 1000 arms OR the Oni boss. He is strong. Stop denying the facts. The 1000-arms was able to regenerate because of the circular charm on one of his arms; The oni boss was immune to gunshots because he can shapeshift his body to contain the gun blasts, but is unable to prevent physical damage. On the other hand, Nurarihyon was completely invincible so long as he knows what kind of damage he is receiving. He was strong enough to kill the ENTIRE OSAKA TEAM, whom you believed was "so strong that it made the tokyo team look pitiful." You're wrong on SO many things, george, SO many. And you don't even realise it.

Fourth. Kei is the hero of the story. Katou's ideal is but way too childish and optimistic. No matter how hard he cares or tries, there is absolutely no way that he can protect everyone by himself. On the opposite, Kei has the ability and charisma befitting a true leader. Obviously someone likes Katou better than Kei.

Fifth. TOKYO TEAM IS NOT WEAK, STOP SPREADING YOUR NONSENSE. Wait, did I mention that already?

Sixth. OKA IS DEAD. NURARIHYON KILLED HIM. Damn I need to stop repeating after myself.

Seventh. Sure, stealth is an excellent strategy. But stop exalting Nishi as if he's the greatest warrior of all time. He is a coward who focuses only on his own survival, and only knows a bit more than everyone else. *SPOILER* NISHI WAS THERE FOR THE LONGEST TIME. */SPOILER* Just the idea that he's in a different frequency, quietly watching his teammates die while standing in the corner with a grin on his face is making me sick to the stomach.

Eighth. Nishi did not kill Tengu. Your observation skills are HORRIBLE. Tengu was worth 71 points. Nishi had a score of 75. It's hard to believe that Nishi decided: you know what, I'm gonna walk around in my secret stealth suit and kill a monster that's worth 4 points because I feel like it lololol.

Yeah. Gantz has answered every question that Nishi asked.

Ninth. You can't ask Gantz what's going on DURRRR. Gantz has, in fact, never answered a single question. Not by anyone. Not Kei, nor Nishi. Gantz works more like a database, whereas he shows you what you request to know. (100 point menu, Katastrophe countdown, list of those who died.) So if your theory about the Tokyo team being dumb is based up on THAT particular fact, then I can tell you that you're comPLETELY wrong.

You've convinced so many people into thinking that everything you said was right, when in reality, they are so, oh so wrong. Come on everyone, just because someone spends alot of time typing up their own speculations of the story, *shivers* doesn't mean that they're right. Read the damn chapters and try to notice some of the things yourself.

Also, your anti-kill steal theory is faulted too. But I'll explain that when I feel like it.

Oh, and I didn't mean to offend you. I'm pretty passionate about defending my viewpoints too.

Damura
September 16, 2008, 11:55 AM
EVERYONE PLEASE READ MY POST TO PREVENT ANY FURTHER CONFUSION.

To add to skitvitum's "answers" for georgemarvin:

the theory you're trying to force this entire time, the one about the entire tokyo team having the IQ of a house fly... it... just doesn't make any sense at all ok? I noticed that in one of your posts you said: "now that Kei, Reika, Nishi, and HS is on the team..."

I understand that you favor certain characters in the manga, I mean, we all do. It's part of what makes a manga entertaining... But you're trying WAY too hard to make the same kind of impression on others. Have you ever thought for one second that Host Samurai has, in fact, no idea of what's going on besides the basics the Gantz team informed him of?

Again, personal judgment with absolutely no factual evidence. I'd love to hear why you've came to the conclusion with ACTUAL reference to the manga. And about the rifle and pistol thing: the fact is, they DO know that the top trigger is for locking on. I believe Kei was the one that told them about it. There're actually two perfectly logical explaination as to why they don't use it. 1: They don't freaking want to use it. 2: You don't see them use it. Stop making these comments as if you're an expert in the manga. The truth is, you've got the LEAST understanding of it.

And what's up with the comments saying that the Tokyo team is weak? Sakurai has freaking ESP; and Kaze can take out a fucking tank with that back attack of his. I suggest you not making any more comments until you can sort some things out. Sure, the Osaka teams cleared 3, 4 times. But how many of them survived the Osaka arc? And how many from Tokyo? And to think that the enemy Tokyo team encountered is the 100-pointer too. You think the Osaka team is strong, yet in reality they're several levels below the Tokyo team, and only manages to survive with the more powerful weapons they have.

Next. Oka was killed by Nurarihyon and decapitated. Stop denying the truth. There's a good explanation to why he wasn't holding his head too: HE WAS HOLDING HIS HEAD IN THE OTHER HAND. Simple, no? No one's faking anything. Not Nurarihyon, nor the 1000-arms. (Seriously, where did you get THAT idea from? The novice teacher? What??) When Nurari comes back behind Katou, you can only see his left hand. But considering his momentum, Oka's head would inevitably swing to the right, whereas it's covered by his left arm. Seriously, you're trying WAYYYYY too hard to protect the characters you favor. *SPOILER* Santa isn't real. */SPOILER*

Third. Nurarihyon is, in fact, several times more powerful than the 1000 arms OR the Oni boss. He is strong. Stop denying the facts. He was strong enough to kill the ENTIRE OSAKA TEAM, whom you believed was "so strong that it made the tokyo team look pitiful." You're wrong on SO many things, george, SO many. And you don't even realise it.

Fourth. Kei is the hero of the story. Katou's ideal is but way too childish and optimistic. No matter how hard he cares or tries, there is absolutely no way that he can protect everyone by himself. On the opposite, Kei has the ability and charisma befitting a true leader. Obviously someone likes Katou better than Kei.

Fifth. TOKYO TEAM IS NOT WEAK, STOP SPREADING YOUR NONSENSE. Wait, did I mention that already?

Sixth. OKA IS DEAD. NURARIHYON KILLED HIM. Damn I need to stop repeating after myself.

Seventh. Sure, stealth is an excellent strategy. But stop exalting Nishi as if he's the greatest warrior of all time. He is a coward who focuses only on his own survival, and only knows a bit more than everyone else. *SPOILER* NISHI WAS THERE FOR THE LONGEST TIME. */SPOILER* Just the idea that he's in a different frequency, quietly watching his teammates die while standing in the corner with a grin on his face is making me sick to the stomach.

Eighth. Nishi did not kill Tengu. Your observation skills are HORRIBLE. Tengu was worth 71 points. Nishi had a score of 75. It's hard to believe that Nishi decided: you know what, I'm gonna walk around in my secret stealth suit and kill a monster that's worth 4 points because I feel like it lololol.

Ninth. You can't ask Gantz what's going on DURRRR. Gantz has, in fact, never answered a single question. Not by anyone. Not Kei, nor Nishi. Gantz works more like a database, whereas he shows you what you request to know. (100 point menu, Katastrophe countdown, list of those who died.) So if your theory about the Tokyo team being dumb is based up on THAT particular fact, then I can tell you that you're comPLETELY wrong.

You've convinced so many people into thinking that everything you said was right, when in reality, they are so, oh so wrong. Come on everyone, just because someone spends alot of time typing up their own speculations of the story, *shivers* doesn't mean that they're right. Read the damn chapters and try to notice some of the things yourself.

Also, your anti-kill steal theory is faulted too. But I'll explain that when I feel like it.

About the lock on thing, usually it's faster to just shoot your opponent than to lock on, run around in circles, dodging attacks, and then blowing up a couple of enemies. It might be necessary for the smaller, faster aliens, 'cause of the lag, but locking onto the bigger enemies is useless... usually one shot won't kill it, and once you've fired once, I assume the bit you locked onto is no longer there.

About the Tokyo Team's weakness: Cherry has ESP, but doesn't use it properly (He didn't even *try* to stop Nurarihyo with it). It only works on the weak enemies anyway, and the guns usually work faster than the generally close-range ESP heart-attacks. Kaze has an impressive physique, but he undeniably relies on it too much. How often now have his attempts to stop an opponent with his bare hands failed him? I think his performance would improve greatly even if he just learned to use the swords. Takeshi is probably going to get Kaze killed one day, too... Kaze is probably going to let himself get exposed to some sort of attack while he protects Takeshi. E.g. turns around to punch a monster dangerously close to Takeshi, and gets hit from behind by the monster he stopped fighting to save Takeshi. Let's not forget that even though Oka was ultimately killed, he is largely responsible for Tokyo's victory - Let's face it, Katou wasn't going to figure out Nurarihyon's weakness... he has the intelligence of a mentally retarded puppy that spent it's early childhood thrashing his head against the wall. (Remember when he said he was "attacked by a train" in mission 1?).

About Buddha/Oni/Nuri aliens. I agree with you here, their powers are vastly different... The Buddha alien had some sort of weird talisman thing that reversed time or something around the alien and restored it to life. It had a very powerful acid with seemingly unlimited supply in a small jug on one of it's arms, could shoot laser beams out of a little lantern, absorb the brains of minor characters, and had a sentient alien helmet covering it's head. Let's compare Nurarihyon to it... First, it can't absorb the minds of it's victims, it doesn't have a magic talisman thingy, it isn't two aliens in one merged body. Second, it has no fixed form, rather, it changes both appearance and sex at will. Provided it has knowledge of an incoming attack, it has the potential to guard against it and regenerate. It can also prepare any attack it likes at will, at the beginning of each transformation. Plus, it fights like a retard. The Oni boss can't even regenerate, can it? I'm going back to check that series of chapters later, but I don't remember it regenerating anything, especially it's eyes and broken bones...

About Gantz answering questions, again I agree with you, it doesn't really answer questions, rather it displays specifically requested information, such as the player memory and rewards menu.

About Nishi... he's not a coward. Inaba is a coward. It's just smarter to assault hordes of demonic beasts in stealth mode, if you can. I think it's brave just to stand up to the alien's in the first place... He's not the best fighter in the world, as georgemarvin tried to point out, but his tactics work around this flaw. He doesn't need to get within breathing distance of his enemies to kill them. We don't know for sure that he killed the Tengu, but it is hinted at. The other four points, if you want a possible explanation, could have come from the beginning of the mission, when the Osakans gatherd up aliens and 'excuted' them. Nishi could have easily earned the 4 points there...

About the Osakans, I think they are stronger/more skilled than the Tokyo team. They didn't earn all their weapons by sitting around and playing cards. Without Oka's explanation of Nurarihyon's weakness, nobody would have survived. The Osaka team had shown the capacity to work together when it was needed, and if they had known about Nurarihyon's weakness, it's obvious they would have come up with a plan themselves. They all just happened to be incapacitated by the time Oka showed up with his crappy robot. Examples of teamwork: George, Knob, Sexaholic trio, Sadist Trio, noobs and veterans working together, rounding up aliens, and I think George and the Sexaholic trying to kill Nuri with swords at one point. They enjoy taking things on one on one for some reason sometimes (possibly the drugs, or maybe just a blow to the head at an early age), but that doesn't mean they can't work as a team... although they didn't seem to care much about saving their team members when they messed up, not that they had much of a chance - it all happened so fast, and most of them literally walked into their death...

Sorry if the post is a bit too long, I tried to make it smaller by changing the size... I bet that only about 2 people will read this :(

!ArtiSaBanG!
September 16, 2008, 12:39 PM
why the hell is this so small man im not gonna go blind, i will not read it

xD
abd btw calm down ppl hes right he didnt say that Nishi is the strongest b/c he knows he isnt, he said hes useing the best tactic and its true, and at the end u said the same then what the hell do u mean dude?
at first u say No at the end YeS ...

about the aliens i think he's right all bosses were the same after all - the same race, while Dino, onions, no.

georgemarvin
September 16, 2008, 01:26 PM
@skitvitum and ryairyai:
We're discussing THEORIES and PREDICTIONS, not calling each other names and making fun of each other. Personal attacks are for children.

We're predicting what's going to happen in a comic book, not a bunch of kids calling each other names. If you have actual counter-evidence to an argument, post it. We'll all toss around the ideas, then figure out which one is more likely to be right.

That being said, I did bring up the possibility that the invisible giant suit and the mecha might not be the same. It's not much of a possibility; I would put the odds at 100-1 against, but it's not impossible.

Second, about the three bosses and their identical powers.
Again, are you drunk, or have you jut totally lost it.
In no regards can te bosses be the same. And no, the bloody morphing ability is just a coincidence. Where did the morphing Oni have laser beams, for instance? God, oh god, how you've lost it...
The three bosses all had several features in common. The Oni didn't use laser beams, like 1000 arms and Nuri, but he did: 1. shapeshift 2. absorb massive damage 3. regenerate after being totally splattered 4. He was weak to both the Gantz sword and surprise attacks 5. He had an acid attack 6. He used an ecchi form similar to Nuri's 7. The forms could change from small to gigantic. An insect to an elephant, like Nuri changing from a small man to a giant.
The Oni didn't use the laser. That didn't mean that he couldn't. They were fighting in close quarters, so the laser beams wouldn't have been all that effective, and only certain forms seem to be able to use them. Just because he didn't use them doesn't mean that he didn't have them. Look at all of the things in the Gantz members' arsenals that they don't use in any given fight.

That isn't absolute proof that they are all the same species, but it does make a lot of sense. Pending something that shoots the theory out of the water, it's a strong possibility. I would put the odds at 2-1 in favor.

And lastly: the acid mist coming from Nuri?
Ok, this just has to be a joke. You seem a pretty observant, but then again... If something doesn't fit, well, you just make it up. Man, re-check that chapter over and over again, until you find out, that the smoke was actually vapors coming from the melting minions... Jeez /facepalm
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/257/08/
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/267/21/
It appears that Nuri is emitting a fine acid mist; it shows up in the X-gun screen. The minions aren't all dissolving because of their love and devotion. The soldiers are dissolving the same way. There are plenty of acids which wouldn't be visible to the naked eye if they were spread as a fine mist, but would almost instantly dissolve flesh. Hydrochloric, maybe? Regardless of exactly what it is, something extremely caustic is causing anything around him to dissolve. And it affects suited Gantzers and anything it comes into contact with, for that matter, in exactly the same way as the acid that 1000 arms and the Oni used.

I was talking about intelligence levels, not current knowledge. And HS does have quite a bit of knowledge. He's extremely valuable, because: 1. He knows the aliens' language. He can actually talk to them, as he did with the Tengu. 2. He knows quite a bit about their abilities: notice that he knew all about the abilities of the elemental bosses during the Oni mission. 3. He knows things about Gantz that the team might not have observed, because the vampires have fought Gantz many times before. 4. He has shown a good amount of intelligence as well as fighting ability throughout the series. He didn't just leave the room after the scoring, like Kaze did. He's interested in figuring out as much as he can about Gantz, who he still considers to be an enemy.

Actually, two of the characters that I included in the list of not-very-intelligent are my favorites: Katou and Kaze. Oku doesn't make any of his characters perfect. Kaze and Katou aren't very smart. Takeshi is an average child. Izumi has no sense of morality. Kei began the series as a scared young kid who didn't care about anybody but himself. Nishi is an antisocial little bastard who is just out for himself. Reika is a celebrity who has a hard time convincing anybody that she's more than just cheesecake. Cherry was suicidal in the beginning, and still wrestles with the guilt over killing his classmates. HS is a vampire who has as little sense of morality as Izumi did.
They're all flawed.

I mentioned in passing that part of Oku's reason the Osaka arc is that he was showing that the Tokyo team is weak in comparison to other teams. And they are. The Osaka team had been through a lot more than the Tokyo team. They had better weapons and armor. They had more experience. The fact that the Tokyo team was weaker than the Osaka team at the beginning of that round doesn't mean that they will continue to be weak. They have several strong players, just no strong weapons. That will change.

[/QUOTE]Next. Oka was killed by Nurarihyon and decapitated. Stop denying the truth. There's a good explanation to why he wasn't holding his head too: HE WAS HOLDING HIS HEAD IN THE OTHER HAND. Simple, no? No one's faking anything. Not Nurarihyon, nor the 1000-arms. (Seriously, where did you get THAT idea from? The novice teacher? What??)[/QUOTE]

Think about it. The 1000 arms tried to fake Katou out.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/87/04/

The Oni managed to fake Inaba out and tried to fake Reika out.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/198/10/
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/200/07/

Look carefully at that panel. When Nuri landed, we could clearly see BOTH hands. The fingers of the right one were stretched out. The fingers of the left were pinched together, BUT THERE ISN'T ANYTHING IN EITHER HAND. It's not absolute proof that he's just psyching Katou out, but it's a strong probability.

Nobody said Nishi's the greatest warrior of all time or a hero. He's closer to a villain. And I have said several times that if the rest of the team just used a little common sense, he wouldn't be strong; he would be the weakest; he has very little strength and doesn't believe in teamwork. But that's the crux of my argument: he's only strong because none of the rest of the team has bothered to learn what the suits and weapons can do, and use them to their full potential.

If he didn't kill Tengu, what did he kill? Instead of just insulting me, make a case that he killed something else, and back it up.

I'll accept that. Not the snide comments, but the theory. That may be a better description of his answers. Gantz does work a lot like a database. Nishi does tell Gantz to show him things instead of asking questions. For that matter, so did Izumi and Kei.
He told Gantz to show him the people who had died. Kei told Gantz
Instead of asking "What is the catastrophe?", they might get a better answer if they say "Tell me about the catastrophe." or "show me what the catastrophe is".
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/20/15/

ryairyai
September 16, 2008, 02:28 PM
About the Tokyo Team's weakness: Cherry has ESP, but doesn't use it properly (He didn't even *try* to stop Nurarihyo with it). It only works on the weak enemies anyway, and the guns usually work faster than the generally close-range ESP heart-attacks. Kaze has an impressive physique, but he undeniably relies on it too much.

you're right. They do tend to freeze up during the most crucial moments. but given the circumstance where one is thrown into a completely unexplainable world to fight for his own life, I'm sure the pressure will prevent him from realizing his full potential. think how YOU would feel if you are to face off a terrifying beast. I'm saying that the Tokyo team's potential is strong, whereas the Osaka team has already cast fear aside, along with the world.

About the Osakans, I think they are stronger/more skilled than the Tokyo team. They didn't earn all their weapons by sitting around and playing cards. Without Oka's explanation of Nurarihyon's weakness, nobody would have survived.

Think about it this way: how would the Tokyo team fair if they had chosen option 2 instead of 1 or 3 everytime. Izumi is strong for that reason, because he has lost the urge to live a normal life, as a normal human being. Osaka's strength is not that they're more skilled or more experienced, but that they had already discarded fear of death and their futures However that is not true strength. How can a high school kid like Kei be the leader of the entire team? Like Reika said, it was his urge to survive, to live his life, to be freed from the room. Just like everyone else, gramps, Katou, Sakurai, Inaba... Hoi Hoi..? They are way stronger than the Osaka team because they have something to protect and something to live for.

About Nishi... he's not a coward. Inaba is a coward. It's just smarter to assault hordes of demonic beasts in stealth mode, if you can.

I've never liked Nishi ever since he shot that cat. he's bloody psychotic. Ever read Monster? He's just like Johan in that one.

That isn't absolute proof that they are all the same species, but it does make a lot of sense. Pending something that shoots the theory out of the water, it's a strong possibility. I would put the odds at 2-1 in favor.

How did you even come to the conclusion that they can possibly be the same species? It could just mean that they have similar powers, such as how both Superman and Cyclops can shoot beams out of their eyes.

It appears that Nuri is emitting a fine acid mist; it shows up in the X-gun screen.

that's not mist. It's just the background/visual effect the mangaka used to portray the scene where Nurarihyon's arm gets blown off. Also, remember how the old man's arm was twisted horribly before it was severed? That alone should be enough reason to believe that Nurarihyon does not use a poisonous mist, but instead some sort of mind-power. A very reasonable explaination, however, is that Nurarihyon can control vibrations and change its frequencies at whim. (Example: the twisting of the arm, the way the soldiers break apart, all the shaking and vibrating scenes.)

2. He knows quite a bit about their abilities: notice that he knew all about the abilities of the elemental bosses during the Oni mission. 3. He knows things about Gantz that the team might not have observed, because the vampires have fought Gantz many times before. 4. He has shown a good amount of intelligence as well as fighting ability throughout the series.

1. Because he was working with the bosses beforehand and probably knows them personally.
2. The vampires refer to Gantz members as "vampire hunters". Which means they have no clue what Gantz is, nor its motives. They simply believe that it is there to eliminate them, just like how the other aliens believed.
3. Can't argue with that one.

Think about it. The 1000 arms tried to fake Katou out.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/87/04/

The Oni managed to fake Inaba out and tried to fake Reika out.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/198/10/
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/200/07/

Look carefully at that panel. When Nuri landed, we could clearly see BOTH hands. The fingers of the right one were stretched out. The fingers of the left were pinched together, BUT THERE ISN'T ANYTHING IN EITHER HAND. It's not absolute proof that he's just psyching Katou out, but it's a strong probability.

1. The 1000 arms wasn't faking. He really did absorb the consciousness of Kudou. However Kudou might have been corrupted by 1000 Arms and therefore lost his freewill. OR he could have been wanting to become a part of the aliens from the beginning.
2. The Oni was indeed tricking the team, because he was a shapeshifter after all. But the reason why the gun didn't work on him was not the same as why it didn't work on Nurari, or 1000 arms. It was because his flexibility allowed him to contain the explosion, instead of regeneration or immunity.
3. Nope. If you look closer, you'd notice that both fingers belong to the left hand. I'd draw you a picture but I'm too lazy. Just look at your own left hand. Try to hold it so that your pinky's close to your face. Now stretch out your index and middle fingers so that it looks like the picture. You'll be surprised.

If he didn't kill Tengu, what did he kill? Instead of just insulting me, make a case that he killed something else, and back it up.

Inaba calls Nishi a punk and says: When did you have the time for that? Meaning that Nishi was going around clearing the place. Even the Osaka people agreed that it was just a delay from Nobyan's gun. (Although, after rereading the chapter, I start to see where you get your point from.)

about the aliens i think he's right all bosses were the same after all - the same race, while Dino, onions, no.

..How can they be the same..? One's a statue, one's a shape-shifting humanoid demon, and the other one an ancient cultural youkai.

And georgemarvin, I do apologize for my inappropriate remarks. I was pretty drunk. But like I said, some of your theories just don't make sense. Especially the one with Nurarihyon and Oka. The truth is, I noticed the same thing the first time I read the chapter. I thought that the mangaka made a mistake by not drawing it in first. Then after I read your comment I went back and looked at it more closely and realized that it was indeed only the left hand.
[hr]
Onto predictions for the next chapter.

First they would be standing around looking stumped. Then they'll try to come up with an explanation about Katastrophe, and probably try asking Gantz some questions. However they'll fail to come to a satisfying conclustion, leading up to Katou saying something like: "Well there's no use worrying about that for now. The most important thing is we have Kei back." (Come on, you can totally picture that.)

When they leave Kei probably will talk to Reika about the last thing he remembers before he was released. But as painful as it is to believe, I think they're not gonna get together. (It would be great though. I'd pick Reika over Tae any day.) Kei would probably get all teary over Tae again. And Reika will feel sorry and then walk off.
EITHER THAT or Kurono grabs her boobs and make out with her. :3

Then Kei would have to encounter HS again. Whether it's about his brother, or his death, that much is uncertain.

GAT-X252
September 16, 2008, 02:57 PM
Just like everyone else, gramps, Katou, Sakurai, Inaba... Hoi Hoi..? They are way stronger than the Osaka team because they have something to protect and something to live for.

No...this is not a shonen like Saint Seiya when the good guys who have something to protect are always the strongest.

I'm with Damura in this one...The Osaka team is more skilled.

Couldn't Nishi killed the Tengu and four more One Pointers?

georgemarvin
September 16, 2008, 03:09 PM
1. The 1000 arms wasn't faking. He really did absorb the consciousness of Kudou. However Kudou might have been corrupted by 1000 Arms and therefore lost his freewill. OR he could have been wanting to become a part of the aliens from the beginning.
UMMM...It was the exact same trick that the Oni used. We only have 1000 arms' own word on it that he absorbed the teacher, just like we only had the Oni's own word on it that he was Reika or Kei. And we know that he was ...gasp...lying through Reika's and Kei's teeth. Remember that the Oni knew things about both Reika and Kei, just like 1000 arms did about the teacher.

Also, remember how the old man's arm was twisted horribly before it was severed?
Actually, that would be proof that it was something like acid. As the acid broke the flesh apart into its chemical components, the suit would swell up and rise. Ever watch an explosive reaction in a science class? The pressure would build until it would eventually blow the suit apart.
But it's possible that it's sonics or microwave radiation, too. I never said that I had the answers. It's just a theory.

I was pretty drunk. But like I said, some of your theories just don't make sense. Especially the one with Nurarihyon and Oka.

3. Nope. If you look closer, you'd notice that both fingers belong to the left hand. I'd draw you a picture but I'm too lazy. Just look at your own left hand. Try to hold it so that your pinky's close to your face. Now stretch out your index and middle fingers so that it looks like the picture. You'll be surprised.

You must have either been even drunker than you thought, or looking through a really tiny monitor. Look at it on a larger screen. Like most of the times that he manages to deceive us about something important, Oku spent considerable time and effort making it so detailed. The right arm is outstretched, just like the left. There is a full line going all the way from the right arm to the tip of the right-hand index finger. It's a 100% certainty that it is NOT a finger on his left hand. It really is his right-hand index finger. And it is in an outstretched position, and isn't holding anything. The left hand is partially covering the right hand, with the back of the hand, the little finger, the thumb and the index finger all very visible. Notice how you can tell that the line of the index finger goes directly from the wrist all the way to the end of the finger, all clearly visible. There is absolutely nothing in either hand, especially not something that would hang down at least 2 feet or more, like the entire torso of a human being.

..How can they be the same..? One's a statue, one's a shape-shifting humanoid demon, and the other one an ancient cultural youkai.
Re-read the Buddha mission. 1000 arms was a Nuri-type shape shifter WEARING a Buddhist statue suit. The title of the chapter is "True Face", after all.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/87/06/
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/87/08/
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/87/10/

About Buddha/Oni/Nuri aliens. I agree with you here, their powers are vastly different... The Buddha alien had some sort of weird talisman thing that reversed time or something around the alien and restored it to life. It had a very powerful acid with seemingly unlimited supply in a small jug on one of it's arms, could shoot laser beams out of a little lantern, absorb the brains of minor characters, and had a sentient alien helmet covering it's head.
Again, he was wearing a statue SUIT. Both the suit and the alien in it could regenerate. The acid is probably a natural part of that particular species of aliens, as the Oni spit it and Nuri emitted it like an aura. The fact that an unlimited supply came out of a small bowl in the suit would seem to indicate that it was the alien spitting it, instead of just throwing it out of the bowl. Nuri could shoot laser beams out of his eyes; just because our eyes are in our heads doesn't mean that a shape shifting alien has to put them there; it can shapeshift into anything it wants. That may very well have been a more comfortable place to locate an eye. We only have 1000 arms' word for it that he absorbed that brain. The Oni had just as much info about Reika and Kei as 1000 arms did about the teacher. There's no law against aliens wearing whatever suit that they want. There's also no laws against their helmets having speakers built into them. And the fact that Katou thought he had sent the alien when he was just sending an empty helmet was beyond hilarious. Seriously, though, the fact that it was wearing a statue didn't change anything about its basic nature.

georgemarvin
September 16, 2008, 04:03 PM
Let's face it, Katou wasn't going to figure out Nurarihyon's weakness... he has the intelligence of a mentally retarded puppy that spent it's early childhood thrashing his head against the wall. (Remember when he said he was "attacked by a train" in mission 1?).

I like Katou, but I would whole-heartedly agree with that assessment of his mental ability.

warbandit66
September 16, 2008, 04:19 PM
Katou admits to being unintelligent, but nobody in Gantz at the moment is particularly bright anyway.

EliteBeatAgents
September 16, 2008, 04:26 PM
UMMM...It was the exact same trick that the Oni used. We only have 1000 arms' own word on it that he absorbed the teacher, just like we only had the Oni's own word on it that he was Reika or Kei. And we know that he was ...gasp...lying through Reika's and Kei's teeth. Remember that the Oni knew things about both Reika and Kei, just like 1000 arms did about the teacher.

I don't like to talk much but I'll take a crack at your theories, first off It's been hinted that most of the aliens didn't want to fight but they attacked the gantzers because of self defense or revenge. Buddah mission should have been a big hint about why are they fighting? Also look at the onion mission. The aliens didn't want to fight they just wanted to leave a peaceful life. The bird mission, the aliens wanted to blend in with the humans which is why they wore robot suits that looked like their favorite japanese musician and listen to his songs. The shorty aliens didn't want to fight until Kei started to kill them. Same goes for the dinosaurs, they didn't want to be bothered nor the kappa alien until they threaten them and attacked them(Except the T-rex). The horsemen aliens killed people because they didn't like them being short so there's one. Oni mission they onis lived normal lives with the humans until the gantzer came and attacked them. The Nuri mission, the leader was evil.

Re-read the Buddha mission. 1000 arms was a Nuri-type shape shifter WEARING a Buddhist statue suit. The title of the chapter is "True Face", after all.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/87/06/
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/87/08/
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/87/10/[/QUOTE]

"True Face"

maybe it's called that because the teacher becomes a alien and fights kato?

subaru052
September 16, 2008, 05:58 PM
@damura
"About the lock on thing, usually it's faster to just shoot your opponent than to lock on, run around in circles, dodging attacks, and then blowing up a couple of enemies. It might be necessary for the smaller, faster aliens, 'cause of the lag, but locking onto the bigger enemies is useless... usually one shot won't kill it, and once you've fired once, I assume the bit you locked onto is no longer there. "

Do you play first person shooters? If I had a GUN that LOCKED ON to my TARGET and then I could shoot it when i chose, WTF that is BAD ASS. I would use it every time I could get a lock on. I think the lag is when you pull both triggers, because the gun gets a double input and it takes a second to go off because the both triggers tells the gun to lock and fire at the same time. I could be wrong, it looks that way to me.
notaCherry is awesome. He will fight and I think he has to grow more as a fighter. His master died saving him, I sure his emotions and thoughts during the Nuri arc just freaked him out and he couldnt act.

"Let's not forget that even though Oka was ultimately killed, he is largely responsible for Tokyo's victory - Let's face it, Katou wasn't going to figure out Nurarihyon's weakness... he has the intelligence of a mentally retarded puppy that spent it's early childhood thrashing his head against the wall. (Remember when he said he was "attacked by a train" in mission 1?)"

Katou is not dumb, he has heart, and sometimes, heart will trump intelligence. Oka is not responsible for the win, he helped them figure it out because the upgraded suit has that ninja mist defensive move. Attacked by a train was katous attempt at humoring himself. It was funny.

@marvin

"That being said, I did bring up the possibility that the invisible giant suit and the mecha might not be the same. It's not much of a possibility; I would put the odds at 100-1 against, but it's not impossible."

Yes it is impossible. I think its very obvious. Stop looking too hard into things.

"It appears that Nuri is emitting a fine acid mist; it shows up in the X-gun screen. The minions aren't all dissolving because of their love and devotion. The soldiers are dissolving the same way. There are plenty of acids which wouldn't be visible to the naked eye if they were spread as a fine mist, but would almost instantly dissolve flesh. Hydrochloric, maybe? Regardless of exactly what it is, something extremely caustic is causing anything around him to dissolve. And it affects suited Gantzers and anything it comes into contact with, for that matter, in exactly the same way as the acid that 1000 arms and the Oni used."

Again, you are looking too hard into things... sigh...lol a fine acid mist...
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/257/04-05/
it shows the mist is everywhere. What you see in the scope is NEGATIVE. Come on man.

"Kei began the series as a scared young kid who didn't care about anybody but himself."

Scared young kid....... he was always like how he was in gantz. READ AGAIN PLz, watch katou thinking of kei when he was younger. Plus think about kuronos family life, he was ignored by his parents and hated by his brother, not to mention a TEENAGE BOY. Teens dont care about anyone but them self, that grows with age.

"Cherry was suicidal in the beginning, and still wrestles with the guilt over killing his classmates."

Wrong again. His girlfriend and him decide to use his power for good to make up for him murdering. He does not still feel guilty about it.

"Look carefully at that panel. When Nuri landed, we could clearly see BOTH hands. The fingers of the right one were stretched out. The fingers of the left were pinched together, BUT THERE ISN'T ANYTHING IN EITHER HAND. It's not absolute proof that he's just psyching Katou out, but it's a strong probability."

AGAIN. SIGH. Its just Oku being lazy, and its a mistake. He does it all the time, he isnt a perfect mangaka but a great one. I think of it this way. I'm Oku, and I'm drawing that manga. I PURPOSELY made Oka leave the battle after i hyped him up. I want to kill oka to make my readers FREAK OUT. (which we all pretty much did). Now, after that building getting destroyed after i sent Nuri to kill oka, i'm thinking... when nuri comes back to katou, should i let the readers see him dead in a tiny panel the outline of a gantzers upper torso and black hair, OR ... would I drop the BOMB on a full page. I mean, it could be a mistake like Kuwas goatee that magically appears and disappears, or he might of not wanted the readers to see the body right away.

I'm done. Too much to comment on. I'm loving where Gantz is headed. I love this manga!

Tokyo Team < Osaka Team?
Tokyo Team > Osaka Team?

I think,
Tokyo Team = Osaka Team.

Damura
September 16, 2008, 06:47 PM
Think about it this way: how would the Tokyo team fair if they had chosen option 2 instead of 1 or 3 everytime. Izumi is strong for that reason, because he has lost the urge to live a normal life, as a normal human being. Osaka's strength is not that they're more skilled or more experienced, but that they had already discarded fear of death and their futures However that is not true strength. How can a high school kid like Kei be the leader of the entire team? Like Reika said, it was his urge to survive, to live his life, to be freed from the room. Just like everyone else, gramps, Katou, Sakurai, Inaba... Hoi Hoi..? They are way stronger than the Osaka team because they have something to protect and something to live for.

I've never liked Nishi ever since he shot that cat. he's bloody psychotic. Ever read Monster? He's just like Johan in that one.

The Tokyo team aren't strong because they have something to protect... Sei had Kei to protect - she's dead. Katou had his brother to survive for, his friends to protect - he died. The grandmother from mission 2 had a naked, crying, child to protect - she died. Inaba had himself to protect - he repeatedly loses limbs. In real life, will to live and protect never does anything... for example, no matter how much some woman loves some little Albanian boy, she can't stop the unspecified and vague torment from savaging and mangling it's body...

I never said Nishi wasn't a psychotic bastard :D Yeah I've seen Monster, but it wasn't quite the same... I don't think Johann stopped to butcher a small fluffy animal... Nishi is just... I don't know... what thrill is there in killing a cat while invisible, with a secret alien weapon of unknown origin?

About vampires, they are apparently told that Gantz are vampire hunter's, but since they know about Oni's this can't be true. At the very least, the Vampires higher-up in the ranks must understand that Gantz hunt aliens, not just Vampires... Doesn't change the situation, but it shows that whoever is leading the organisation doesn't want the lower ranks or new guys to know about other aliens. They are sort of using propaganda to get Vampires to join the cause. Instilling fear in them and then offering them perverse pleasures :)
[hr]

Katou admits to being unintelligent, but nobody in Gantz at the moment is particularly bright anyway.

Reika is... she worked out that long number meant 7 days 23 hours :p

!ArtiSaBanG!
September 16, 2008, 07:40 PM
I never said Nishi wasn't a psychotic bastard Yeah I've seen Monster, but it wasn't quite the same... I don't think Johann stopped to butcher a small fluffy animal... Nishi is just... I don't know... what thrill is there in killing a cat while invisible, with a secret alien weapon of unknown origin?

i think, he was propably practicing his stealth mode, cats got the 6-th sense, if he killed a cat without being seen noticed, aliens shouldn't notice him as well.
and ofcz he loves killing,

georgemarvin
September 16, 2008, 08:26 PM
Quote: Damura View Post
I never said Nishi wasn't a psychotic bastard Yeah I've seen Monster, but it wasn't quite the same... I don't think Johann stopped to butcher a small fluffy animal... Nishi is just... I don't know... what thrill is there in killing a cat while invisible, with a secret alien weapon of unknown origin?

i think, he was propably practicing his stealth mode, cats got the 6-th sense, if he killed a cat without being seen noticed, aliens shouldn't notice him as well.
and ofcz he loves killing,
??? Nishi killed a cat ??? When? I guess I missed that issue. If it was in the anime, remember that Oku had nothing to do with that. One of these days, I'm going to watch the notorious anime series, though. It's right up there in my priorities with watching the grass grow and paint dry.

EliteBeatAgents
September 16, 2008, 08:37 PM
??? Nishi killed a cat ??? When? I guess I missed that issue. If it was in the anime, remember that Oku had nothing to do with that. One of these days, I'm going to watch the notorious anime series, though. It's right up there in my priorities with watching the grass grow and paint dry.

the cat killing was in the anime along with gantz opening his gray eyes with a smiling face.

Mr.Aaron
September 16, 2008, 08:38 PM

Yeah, he did. He got an erection from it too. :s

Before the Tanaka.

!ArtiSaBanG!
September 16, 2008, 10:04 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/28/12/
cat killing was in the anime along with gantz opening his gray eyes with a smiling face.:blink

georgemarvin
September 16, 2008, 11:20 PM
So it was in the manga, after all. I had forgot that and never re-read that part of the story Nishi is even more of a sadistic little bastard than I thought. But it does make my point, though. Nishi would rather die than leave Gantz. After all, Gantz lets him kill all the aliens he wants and get away with it. He can even kill humans provided that he stays within the rules. And he even gets rewarded for doing it.

He died and went to his version of heaven. :)

BigCamaro
September 17, 2008, 12:23 AM
cat killing was in the anime along with gantz opening his gray eyes with a smiling face.:blink

wOW I forgot all about that. Nishi goes hard no bullshyt. Guess this proves he was never desperate to leave.

M.I.A
September 17, 2008, 06:09 AM
Lol do you think when HS asked oni if all his people were participating he meant as a species or a unit? i somehow see the aliens being as organized as the tokyo team lol. Ans it makes me even less inclined to believe that oni, nuri and 1000 arms are the same.

That chapter really had the feel of the beggining of the fourth quarter :S I think the next chapter wont exactly be a follow on, as in its gunna jump scene to somewhere else. Oku's not gunna give us anything about the katastrophe till it happen ^^

On a side not, we do get to see 1000 arms killing and eating the teachers brain, as a way for it to gain speach, not as much a psych out as some of u seem to think.

Damura
September 17, 2008, 06:14 AM
Lol do you think when HS asked oni if all his people were participating he meant as a species or a unit? i somehow see the aliens being as organized as the tokyo team lol. Ans it makes me even less inclined to believe that oni, nuri and 1000 arms are the same.

Wait, when you say the aliens are as organised as the Tokyo team, do you mean not at all? Because... they aren't exactly organised. I don't call barely any contact between missions organised...

I don't think we will learn anything new about Katastrophe for a while now... didn't Nishi just leave the room? He has all the answers - Gantz won't help.

M.I.A
September 17, 2008, 08:08 AM
O.o yes I was being sarcastic lol.... tokyo team couldnt organise a root in a brothel... :P

and nishi wouldnt leave the room, no matter all his misgivings and insanity... he still in the end wants people 2 think he's cool, or at least bad ass, instead of a deadly angry teadybear

Damura
September 17, 2008, 09:34 AM
We're bound to get at least one new, strong Gantzer next mission... what type of person do you think he/she will be? I hope we get another asshole, like Nishi or Izumi. Fun to watch.

Amnesiac
September 17, 2008, 09:44 AM
It would be somewhat funny if we ended up discovering that, like with Kishimoto, there were two Nishis and the other one was a lot more innocent than our Nishi and ended up dying and coming to gantz.

It would also be a nice trick to gives us some insight on Nishi's story.

Tango
September 17, 2008, 03:11 PM
What if...
Only speculation but I think we may see Oka again in future chapters. Based on idea that came to my mind a couple of min ago.
We all know that Gantz have ability to ressurect dead gantz members. What if one of the high level 100 point rewards is "insurance policy". In video games there is an option called "Save" that saves ur current progess allowing u to continue from saved point next time u die.
Gantz also can be called game. What if Oka made a backup of himself b4 mission. So incase he dies on a mission he can be safely ressurected by Gantz.
Open to comments^^

georgemarvin
September 17, 2008, 03:35 PM
@ Tango:
Oka would have to be DEAD for any of those arguments to make any sense. Look at that scene again. Carefully. Remember that Nuri is known for playing pranks. He is a shapeshifter. You have to look closely, though.

Notice that both arms and hands are visible. The right hand is outstretched; you can clearly see the index finger. You can also see the index finger, pinky finger and thumb of the left hand. NOTHING in either hand. Especially not a 2-foot or longer human torso.

Katou turns around and sees ...gasp... veteran Oka's head and torso in those same hands. Great way to demoralize an enemy. Make him think you've just killed a player that's 10 times as strong as he is.

Nuri has pulled a great fake-out, just like the Oni boss did the last mission, when it turned into both Reika and Kei, complete with suits and a gun.

They'll probably see Oka in another mission and ask him who revived him. He'll say "Nobody. I haven't died."

skitvitum
September 17, 2008, 03:51 PM
yes, Nuri in mythology is known as a prankster, but that doesn't make Oka's-Torso-Situation a prank by default.

Riyarai (dont know if it's correct) said it, and I was the first to doubt it, but it's really all there: Nuri's hand when he lands is actually just one hand. It was maybe just explained dubiously. Nuri's right arm has the thumb and the little finger almost touching each other (making an 'O'), and the remaining fingers are, respectivily, the ring finger and the middle finger. Try making the gesture, adn you'll figure it out.
But, I do admit that the fingers are a bit long, and that the outlines are a bit misguiding...

Or, as somebody else pointed out, it could be just a build up of suspense...

edit: regarding the second life/restart/1up option, I find it plausible /mythbusters mode off

Kozar927
September 17, 2008, 05:12 PM
@george
I would like to believe Oka is alive just as much as the next person, but thats just a drawing error on Okus part probably. Okas dead, theirs just no way.
[hr]

Or, as somebody else pointed out, it could be just a build up of suspense...

edit: regarding the second life/restart/1up option, I find it plausible /mythbusters mode off

Now that I think about it this is alot more likley then my drawing error theory.
I know I was shocked when we first got a zoomed in shot of Oka dead.

Damura
September 17, 2008, 06:19 PM
Nuri has pulled a great fake-out, just like the Oni boss did the last mission, when it turned into both Reika and Kei, complete with suits and a gun.

They'll probably see Oka in another mission and ask him who revived him. He'll say "Nobody. I haven't died."

Yeah... OR Oku just got lazy and made a mistake in one of the shots...

Kozar927
September 17, 2008, 06:30 PM
"Yeah... OR Oku just got lazy and made a mistake in one of the shots..."

Either this or the suspense thing, but hes deff. dead.
lol

EliteBeatAgents
September 17, 2008, 07:17 PM

so he's into ero guro?

georgemarvin
September 17, 2008, 07:39 PM
@skitvitum
This one takes careful observation, not a quick glance.
You have got to use your eyes. Look at it CLOSELY. Look at the lines. They're drawn in great detail.
The LEFT hand is shown plainly. The little finger is closest to us. It is folded into the palm. The middle fingers are hidden from sight, which would be normal for the position that the hand is in, but the index finger is clearly visible. You can see a continuous line all the way from the LEFT shoulder to that finger. The entire back of that hand is even visible, and the thumb is also clearly the LEFT thumb.

The only finger visible on the RIGHT hand is the index finger. Notice that a continuous line goes all the way from the RIGHT shoulder to the tip of that finger. There's no way that it's holding anything, because it is completely outstretched. Oku didn't do it by mistake; he even went into detail when he drew the fingernail. The LEFT hand obscures all of the right hand EXCEPT that one finger. But that is enough to see that it isn't holding anything large. If he was carrying a 2-foot-long torso in that RIGHT hand, that index finger would be closed, holding it. All of the fingers would be in a grasping position; try carrying something with your index finger completely outstretched.

Now look at how he's holding Oka's torso with his RIGHT hand.

Forgetting about the fact that there wasn't a 2-foot-long torso hanging below his hands in the previous panel, just look at the INDEX FINGER. It's in a normal grasping position, not completely outstretched.

That's why I said that Nuri was faking them out; he didn't have anything at all in EITHER hand when he landed.

warbandit66
September 17, 2008, 07:53 PM
so he's into ero guro?

Man I never noticed the boner the first time. That kid is messed up.

georgemarvin
September 17, 2008, 08:20 PM
Like I've said for a LONG time, Nishi would never leave Gantz. He died and went to his own personal version of heaven.

Notice after he killed the cat, he didn't just get a boner. He needed a bigger, stronger victim. He wanted to kill those kids so badly that the alarm started sounding in his head. He just barely keeps enough control that Gantz doesn't kill him for hunting "out of season" in-between missions.

About wanting to leave Gantz: Think about it from Nishi's perspective. He gets to kill sentient beings for fun, and not only doesn't he get punished, he even gets rewarded. That's the main reason why he doesn't use the big guns. He gets a big thrill out of watching the fear on their faces while they're dying. He gets a boner just from looking at the dismembered corpses.

We really don't know what kind of rewards he might have had stashed before he died because he's so twisted. He's on the hunt to get his sadistic kicks. There's no thrill in it if he uses a mecha and BFG and just blows everything away.

Look at the onion alien; he was getting off from the onion alien's fear. In the Tanaka mission, he was watching the Gantz team from stealth for two reasons: Strategy and fun. He wanted to see what the Tanaka could do; they could have been Nuri-level, for all he knew. He also wanted to see some real carnage.

One day we'll see Nishi totally lose it and kill half the people in the room.

It would be somewhat funny if we ended up discovering that, like with Kishimoto, there were two Nishis and the other one was a lot more innocent than our Nishi and ended up dying and coming to gantz.

It would also be a nice trick to gives us some insight on Nishi's story.

I hate to tell you, but with Nishi what you see is what you get. He's the kind of kid that was breaking the wings off butterflies as soon as he could walk. His parents would have given him a puppy and found Nishi standing over its bloody corpse poking sticks into it that same day. He never had any friends because the other kids were terrified of him.

He's a natural born killer, not a product of Gantz.

That's why he's so protective of Gantz. It's his own personal god of war and destruction. He could care less about the "team"; they don't even make good victims. But he would fight to the death to stop HS from hurting the only creature in the universe that he can relate to.

M.I.A
September 17, 2008, 08:37 PM
What would be the point of Oka drawing in Oku's torso in the landing pic, it'd totally withdraw the suspense of nuri showing Katou... just saying its more of a corny movie technique then a mistake, very much Oka's action-movie style.
Ah sh1tdamncrap... i entered the discussion ><
I really dont think we'll get much more characters, there's really now a set cast that pretty much covers all angles, and now we're gunna rollercoaster towards the end, but the again, the ending could be even longer the osaka arc and that'll keep us all happy.

jojoSB
September 17, 2008, 08:44 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2aje3bc.jpg

Hey guys, hello everyone!!

Gantz is fun, I love reading it, I love your discussion!!!

This "fingers" issue has been frustrating me to no end, so I decided to post this pic.

And, umm, the posts are a bit too long to, umm... go through, what's da fuzz?

Here, here's my simple explanation - at least of what my limitation allows me to explain, I even number the fingers in sequence for the sake of our comfort:

in this frame, I can only see 4 fingers, all belong to the "left" hand.
Left marked in red, right in blue.
1 -pinky
2 -ring
3 -middle
5 -thumb!

"NO 4 - index"

No right hand fingers.

Well?

Kozar927
September 17, 2008, 08:53 PM
Uhh picture... were? :s :: searches for pic ::

But anyways welcome to the Gantz forums. Were alot of fun. George has got a new crazy (Realized this sounded rude, and that wasnt what I wanted) theory each week >.< I usually love his in site and careful reading, but this time I have to say I really think Oku didnt draw it because he just had no reason too. He wanted it to be suspenseful when we saw Oka dead
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Oh their it is sry. Didnt appear for me at first. I agree its all one hand. Thanks for the pic. makes it very clear!

EliteBeatAgents
September 17, 2008, 08:59 PM
Jesus Christ what is wrong with you people? know you're talking about fingers? Let's not Tangential the discussion.

jojoSB
September 17, 2008, 09:01 PM
The pic should be right there X D NOoooo, can you reload the page,
is it there??

I see it over here.

Kozar927
September 17, 2008, 09:08 PM
lol I said I found it. Very nice Pic. Thank you

@elite
Were responding to a theory. Weither your for it or trying to disprove it matters not.

jojoSB
September 17, 2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah I believe that's for building up suspense too, the right hand is invisible, that is.

I like the H gun.

KillerChefGoJo
September 17, 2008, 10:00 PM
Okay so about this Nurari not killing Oka thing..I've got two theories
1.Nurari could've dropped Oka's UpperBody/Head and picked it back up and showed it to Katou
2.It was pure laziness on Oku's Half

I mean seriously it's not that difficult of a moment, stop reading into things and thinking it will be sooo important later on. But nice try (n_n)

gHZoDD
September 17, 2008, 11:04 PM
cant believe no one brought this up while talking about oka's head and nuri's arm

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1927/hsaw5.jpg

discuss

M.I.A
September 18, 2008, 12:17 AM
Discuss....

suspense mofo's, thats all lol. suspense. :P

i wish kurono was brought back a little later, he's my fav n all it just felt the wrong timing. A bit too lame. I wouldve made inaba have dropped his gun and accidently shoot nuri its some rnadom weakspot and him ask for a better weapon and gantz giving him a cardboard box with eyeholes, :D jsut sayin

fantheblaze
September 18, 2008, 01:21 AM
If HS can store weapons and swords inside his body i don't think a head will be too difficult.

georgemarvin
September 18, 2008, 02:04 AM
Were alot of fun. George has got a new crazy (Realized this sounded rude, and that wasnt what I wanted) theory each week >.< I usually love his in site and careful reading, but this time I have to say I really think Oku didnt draw it because he just had no reason too. He wanted it to be suspenseful when we saw Oka dead

And occasionally one of my crazy theories actually happens to be right. :) And they generate a lot of fun discussions even when they're 100% wrong. Somebody will even come up with a better one most of the time. TheGenius, Damura, amnesiac and warbandit are especially good at taking a budding theory and fleshing it out or shooting it down in flames.

Look at the pic jojophile posted. The blue that he painted on it actually shows my point, not his. He painted the blue in to the point of the knuckle but the same line doesn't end at the knuckle; it's still a continuous line from there to the end of the finger.

That's the RIGHT arm that he drew the little spot of blue into, and that he just quit drawing blue at the point of the knuckle of the left hand. The line drawn for the right arm continues past the end of where he drew the blue into it. It goes on down all the way to the end of the fingernail as one line. The left wrist that he drew the blue on top of goes from there to the tip of the left index finger.
This is the outline of the single lines for the left arm and right arm. They are each full lines that go the entire length from the shoulder past the tip of the finger.
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp105/georgemarvin/ch276_12.jpg

jojoSB
September 18, 2008, 04:59 AM
Hi Georgemarvin, you can talked directly to me about the pic. I always appreciate your effort with your comment with reference to the pages of the manga.

From your picture, you're giving 'both' arms and hands their appropriate outlines, and I highly doubted that Oku on his part is being so generous and sincere.

I bet it's tempting to 'separate' but arms and hands, clear in sight, by giving them their destinated 'outlines'. However, maybe you should consider the possibility that the 'outlines' for 'both' hands are actually overlapped? If that's the case, it'll be easy to mistakenly 'separate' this hands part of the drawing into two hands, for the sake of our own convenience (to ensure that we're seeing everything clearly).

One easy way to deal with whether the finger on the 'furthest left' belongs to which hand, is to compare it with its neighbour finger, the 2nd furthest left from the pic.
If the furthest finger on the left belong to the right hand, how could its size be so big, in comparison to the size of the fingers on the left hand?

gHZoDD
September 18, 2008, 05:20 AM
there are 2 elbow spike things, shouldn't oka's head be in front or behind one of the spikes.
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9651/copyhb2.jpg

unless he has the ability like hs in the pic i posted 5 comments up.

jojoSB
September 18, 2008, 05:34 AM
They're layering one on top of the others (drawing speaking, of course), gHZoDD:

left hand, on top of right hand, right hand mostly invisible, the Oka's torso is 'beneath' the right hand, hidden (for the suspense), and WAS SWUNG ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT SIDE, even higher than 90 degrees up, to be 'conindentally', concealed by the right arm. It's from the momentum, you gotta keep in mind that within this frame, Nuri boss has just crash-landed AT THIS MOMENT, so to speak.

In other words, Oka's left over is not dangling vertically.

Yay!?

Masterchief
September 18, 2008, 06:09 AM
i gotta go with george on this one, i mean a whole building went down when it shoulda been real easy to kill oka, seems more like he was trying to psych em out to me.

Damura
September 18, 2008, 08:46 AM
You can't quite see it in the above pic, but Oka has actually been oriented by Nurarihyon to be kind of attached face first by the mouth to Nuri's groin.

georgemarvin
September 18, 2008, 10:22 AM
I honestly think that Oku didn't make a mistake there. That doesn't mean that Oka isn't necessarily dead. Oku likes to mess with our heads with this manga.

A little more mystery is always good, in his book. Having a shape-shifting alien who is known for tricking the Gantz team show up with the corpse of the most powerful member of the Osaka team, but not show him die, makes you wonder whether the shapeshifter and prankster Nuri is pulling a prank, or if he is telling the truth and that's really Oka's head.

Even if Oka's head had been in that first picture, it wouldn't necessarily mean Oka was dead. Nuri can change forms at will. Making an Oka torso would be as easy for him as breathing is for us. And there would be no better way to demoralize the Tokyo team than to show them the head of the best warrior on the field. Kind of like when a Roman army put the head of the enemy general on a spear. Or when our troops loaded Saddam Hussein's son's body in a jeep and drove it all over Baghdad. It's been a tactic to demoralize enemies for thousands of years.

And Nuri didn't really look bored when he left. He looked...Exhausted. He took a long time to recover from Oka's attack. The blood balls were a desperate attack to give him time to recover. He didn't transform again after he became that final form. He didn't even bother to put skin on it. He was breathing hard, like somebody who had run a marathon.

The fact that there is no head in the first picture makes it even more likely that it wasn't really Oka's head, though.

I still say that when they meet the Osaka team again, there is a good likelihood that Oka will be alive and well.

@gHZoDD: You've got to read this manga carefully. Every panel counts. HS didn't have the head in his hand before the vampires rushed into Kei's apartment. But we see something very important a couple of pages later.

It's no mystery at all where Akira's corpse came from.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/236/12/

Look at that beheaded corpse in the street. Notice that HS sliced and diced brother dearest and got that head the hard way. I can see HS having Akira come along just to save having to carry his head. "You run in there and see what's happening". Akira steps forward and gets beheaded from behind.

There was no mystery there.

HUGE difference between a situation where HS had like 5 minutes or so to bend down and pick up a head off the ground, and Nuri not having a head in his hands when he lands, 1 second later, poof, instant head and torso.

Oni Shinigami
September 18, 2008, 10:58 AM
I think Nuri obviously owns a copy of Photoshop CS3.

Quetz
September 18, 2008, 12:00 PM
I like the theory about oka actually living, and nuri just fucking with the gantzers. Oka, having already been through so much (and i don't mean what he went through with nuri, I mean the months (years?) of experience he had dealing with these hunts), wouldn't just walk casually away from a battle like that, and continue strolling away from a momentarily disabled killing machine that he had just pissed off. He had to have something else in mind.

Tumerking
September 18, 2008, 03:27 PM
All this theory about heads and fingers and arms is, to be frank about it, stupid. It doesn't matter if Oka's dead or alive right now. The Tokyo Gantzers could care less about the whole Osaka team, except for maybe Anzu if Katou even remembers her (i'm guessing no).

I hope next chapter we get more emotions, and reactions, and maybe a conversation between Reika and Kei. I've had enough Katou for a while, and i hope he just runs home to his brother and stops drueling all over Kei. Kei needs to become the main character again, Katou's sorta...well...boring.

gHZoDD
September 18, 2008, 05:22 PM
@gHZoDD: You've got to read this manga carefully. Every panel counts. HS didn't have the head in his hand before the vampires rushed into Kei's apartment. But we see something very important a couple of pages later.

It's no mystery at all where Akira's corpse came from.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/236/12/

Look at that beheaded corpse in the street. Notice that HS sliced and diced brother dearest and got that head the hard way. I can see HS having Akira come along just to save having to carry his head. "You run in there and see what's happening". Akira steps forward and gets beheaded from behind.

There was no mystery there.

HUGE difference between a situation where HS had like 5 minutes or so to bend down and pick up a head off the ground, and Nuri not having a head in his hands when he lands, 1 second later, poof, instant head and torso.

It looks to me like it was 2 of the cops
the formation they die on the street looks like an L , 90 degrees
the pic you posted is also a 90 degrees L.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1268/ghzoddakirje7.jpg

kills the cop, turns him over and cuts off the head

nekosxe
September 18, 2008, 07:07 PM
It looks to me like it was 2 of the cops
the formation they die on the street looks like an L , 90 degrees
the pic you posted is also a 90 degrees L.

kills the cop, turns him over and cuts off the head

agreed. You see them multiple times, and you also see the beheaded body at the same time that HS is shooting the powerlines. http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/236/11/
Gun in the same hand that the head is in later. And the body isn't even close to him http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/236/12/

And to the hand theory, I agree that is just one hand you see, but it doesn't much matter now.

Mr.Aaron
September 18, 2008, 07:41 PM
Oku is notorious for making small mistakes like that.

georgemarvin
September 18, 2008, 08:26 PM
Yeah, looks like they just beheaded the cop, after all. Oh, well. Which begs the question: Why behead a cop? I guess it would have been for fun? They got bored? If HS had any shapeshifting abilities, it would make sense, but he would have grown a new finger if he did.
But HS still had plenty of time to put the gun up and pick up Akira's head while the other vampires were raiding Kei's apartment. It was just an unnecessary panel that was omitted because there were more important scenes to draw, not a mistake that affected continuity.

All this theory about heads and fingers and arms is, to be frank about it, stupid. It doesn't matter if Oka's dead or alive right now. The Tokyo Gantzers could care less about the whole Osaka team, except for maybe Anzu if Katou even remembers her (i'm guessing no).
It isn't stupid to discuss something that may affect the story quite a bit in the next few months. And some of us liked the Osaka team's characters. Oka the invincible hero who just walked off and abandoned the fight. Kuwabara, who would risk his life to have sex with a giant walking mound of women. He was calling Knob names until he realized he was really in trouble, then it looked like he actually cared. Anzu, who fell in love with Katou and gave her life for him. Some of them were just throw-away jokes, like the girlfriends and the three sadists. But some of them were pretty interesting. I for one would like to see what happened to them.
I think Katou remembers up to the point where he pulled Anzu out of the one big monster's corpse after he rescued the old man. He wouldn't remember much about them getting to know each other. But the rest of the team should remember her. Maybe they will give some clues about what they remember next issue.

georgemarvin
September 18, 2008, 08:39 PM
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD!?
This thread is all about PREDICTING what will happen in the future of the manga. Whether Oka is alive or not will definitely affect the next few issues. Also, whether Nerdo rezzes Anzu, and how much of their time together that Katou remembers is going to be important to the future. Whether Nuri killed Oka or not will also affect what happens when the Osaka team meets the Tokyo team as civilians. If Nuri was faking Oka's death, it will show that he wasn't nearly as powerful as we thought. If he really did get bored and killed Oka, then he was extremely powerful. If he was, as I theorized, exhausted and took a break, then he wasn't really all that much more powerful than the shapeshifting Oni boss that Reika fought.
When we're predicting what will happen in future issues, we have to have a basis for most of those predictions. The basis for my prediction that Oka will be alive and well when we see the Osaka team again was that it appeared more likely that the prank playing, shapeshifting Nuri just made a copy of Oka's torso and didn't really kill him.

I agree that we sometimes get bogged down in details, but the details from past issues are the basis of our predictions about what is going to happen.

Kozar927
September 18, 2008, 09:42 PM
I agree this thread is about predictions and george is predicting what may happen so enough of the trolling and flamming take it somewere else.

nekosxe
September 19, 2008, 01:10 PM
@georgemarvin They killed the cops because they were there specifically to protect Kei.

And to quote a great book that somewhat justifies the nitpicking on these threads: "Who controls the past, controls the future...", as in the past is important in discerning future events. Also, 10 internet points to who answers what book that is from.

njt
September 19, 2008, 01:23 PM
1984? :D

hmmm so now we know that he(kei) will remember Tae... the only problem now is will she remember him? or will he be forced to move on because she doesn't remember anything...? ;.;

As for Reika it's not like i have anything against her, and hell if i were in his shoes and I didn't have Tae I'd totally have gone for her... but meh. Once you love a girl that much, no matter how pretty or talented the other one is they just can't compare :333

GAT-X252
September 19, 2008, 02:06 PM
She remembers few things...the real problem is the corpse of Kei. Is still there? Maybe Tae saw the body!

And Kei would have to forget Tae because of that! Too suspicious

NumeroUno
September 19, 2008, 02:36 PM
@georgemarvin They killed the cops because they were there specifically to protect Kei.

And to quote a great book that somewhat justifies the nitpicking on these threads: "Who controls the past, controls the future...", as in the past is important in discerning future events. Also, 10 internet points to who answers what book that is from.

:darn Ive read that quote in some sci-fi book before. :D My brain is not working well with me at the moment lol. Anyways we really dont know how much time is between panels. Then again Oku did say in an interview that he just goes with (the flow). That would be crazy if he was just pulling the whole storyline out of the blue though.

Well Im off to read 280. :)

LAMF
September 19, 2008, 07:33 PM

George Orwell from 1984.

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past. "

Which seems to be truer these days more than ever.

102jayday
September 19, 2008, 09:58 PM
well tae and kei are meant to have some date(sort of) on friday, she rang him just before the vampire attack. but this kei does not know that, all he knows is that kei does not know him anymore, and he might think maybe thats for the better, for her safety.
those pictures are annoying i don't see how they could lead to anything lol. i found a mistake in chapter 279 and 280 lol last page of 279 reika is on the right side of kurono and in 280 shes on his left lol.
the thing about Oka, stop hopeing the pro is alive! he is dead! d-e-a-d! it wasn't an illusion or anything of his head and spine, that was real and nuri prob droped him, plus who cares how many fingers nuri had in any form...

Masterchief
September 19, 2008, 10:08 PM
oku seems to make alota drawin mistakes, or maybe the time between panels is too great how would we kno tho? wats gonna happen is tae is gonna go to kei's house and then hes gonna hug her and shes gun be like wtf or shes gonna remember the gantz mission and everything. Next chap prob, or katou will go to his bro and his bro is going to be like where u goin at nights?

Mr.Aaron
September 19, 2008, 10:45 PM
He'll probably just tell him. It's not like the Aliens are a secret anymore.

And It's kind of troubling me how thousands of people saw the hunter's faces, and yet no one has noticed the fact that it's Reika, a fictional Lindsay Lohan with bigger breasts and athletic skills, who had fought a giant alien with horns.

Damura
September 20, 2008, 01:07 AM
Which seems to be truer these days more than ever.

Does it? Can you explain that? To stay on topic, it's not impossible for Oku to tackle an issue like that... now that I think about it, something similar might happen within the story, about some germans covering up history...

georgemarvin
September 20, 2008, 02:21 PM
No, its not that. We just over-analyze things waaaayyy too much. George comes out with these ridiculous new theories every week that make no particular sense. You read this manga in a way that it is NOT meant to be read... I'm guessing Oku would slap you for reading into the manga that much.

Actually, this is a prediction thread; theories about what's going to happen are the very definition of the reason for it's existence.

And Oku designed this manga so that it would keep people guessing, like the TV series Lost. He gave us so many mysteries, and so many obscure clues, for the very reason that he wanted for us to speculate about what is really happening. I'm sure that Oku is enjoying the fact that we are doing just what he intended: coming up with wild theories about all of the mysteries, and speculating about what all of the clues he drops really mean. He made all of the characters complex and flawed, so that we would speculate about their motives, abilities and future actions. Only Katou could be considered to be entirely "good", and only Nishi could be considered truly "evil". The rest of the cast are motivated by their own personal senses of morality and self-interest. He draws all of these wonderful, realistic characters because it makes what could be an ordinary manga into a real work of art.
By creating such a rich and varied world, leaving us in the dark about the true motives of Gantz, and giving all of the characters their own individual goals and aspirations, Oku has designed the manga to invite speculation. If we wonder what's going to happen next, try to solve the mysteries and speculate about what the abundant clues that he drops really mean, then we are reading this manga exactly as the author intended.

Actually, I doubt if I would be the one Oku slapped. If we just read it as a formulaic action-adventure, in which the main characters are good and their enemies are evil, we are reading it as the author of Naruto would intend. Oku is not Kishimoto. They both write interesting stories, but while Kishimoto writes for kids and teenagers, Oku writes for adults. The mysteries, clues, and morally ambiguous characters that Oku draws aren't designed for a straightforward tale of good and evil. They invite speculation, analysis and even those wild theories about their origins and motives.

greg770
September 20, 2008, 02:27 PM
Youre good at blah blahing Marvin!But Naruto aint that straightforward either.

georgemarvin
September 20, 2008, 04:51 PM
Youre good at blah blahing Marvin!But Naruto aint that straightforward either.
Naruto is an interesting story; I believe I stated that. However, it's written for a different audience. It follows a lot of guiding principles that Gantz doesn't. Naruto, Sakura, Jiraya, the teachers, the leaders and most of the main characters are good. There isn't a lot of moral ambiguity there. They depend on each other, act as a team, they view their leaders as just and honest. The enemies are evil. Everybody acts of their own will. Everybody is heroic. Even the villains are never cowardly. Naruto rapidly changing from a novice into an invincible superhuman warrior. We can see from a mile away that Sasuke will go down the dark path of revenge and will redeem himself in the end. It's a light-hearted tale of the birth of a hero.
In other words, the author of Naruto never intended for us to wonder whether the hero was good, the enemies were evil, or even about the overall moral of the story. Naruto is a story of redemption, courage, and perseverence. Kishimoto writes a fast-moving, interesting tale of the rise of a young hero. He would hate it if we over-analyzed his tale. It is what it is. Because Oku's story isn't the same as Kishimoto's doesn't make it better or worse. It's like the difference between Tom Sawyer and Macbeth. Just because they are different doesn't mean that we have to pick one or the other. We can like them both.

Before thanking Kuwabara keep in mind that this is the same guy that posted a fake spoiler last chapter and vanished completely.
Agreed. I'm reserving my thanks until we know whether it's real or not.

Kozar927
September 20, 2008, 06:32 PM
it looks like this ones fake too :: shoots self in head ::
but I totally agree with george, before you go bashing him why dont you actually think about what your saying. Gantz is complicated, thats why theories exist, because Oku hit use with curve balls all the time. An yes Nuroto is a good manga, but its simple and straight forward, end of story. Lately we have been having a flow of people with 1-10 posts here trolling. Its not what were about here. We have all been putting up with georges theories and so can you. Sometimes they turn out to be true :s

igotthegoods
September 20, 2008, 06:53 PM
Let's try to get this back on topic, please. This thread is for Discussions/Predictions about current and upcoming chapters. And no more flaming. Everyone is free to enjoy and theorize about Gantz in their own way, so please respect that. :)

Vancyer
September 20, 2008, 10:17 PM
@ greg 770

george is in my oppinion one of the most respected and well mannered, insightful members here and i read every one of his post an take everything that is said into account. i do that with every user that takes the time to write and share their views with us.

Back on topic sorry.

i have a feeling that this catastrophe is going to involve an international mission to show the japan teams how its done overseaa, kind of like the nuri mission to show tokyo how its done in osaka. so may we see japan neing shown how its done in america or australia?

i think so

Kozar927
September 20, 2008, 10:50 PM
What if the catastrophe was actually something not bad to humanity but too gantz. Wouldnt it be funny if the catastrophe was gantz would shutdown, the last alien were defeated, and humanity could live in peace? I would personally hate if if that happened, but it would be funny.

gHZoDD
September 21, 2008, 01:19 AM
^
If the gantz ball shutdown I don't think there would be peace, theres still a matter of rouge aliens wandering around earth unless gantz was responsible for bringing them in the first place.

as for the countdown, the gantz ball knows the timing right down to the second, leading me to think he is a part of the catastrophe or somehow responsible for it occurring.

Damura
September 21, 2008, 03:01 AM
In the event of an international mission, I hope they are sent to a country where everyone drives on the other side of the road, and Inaba gets hit by bus.

102jayday
September 21, 2008, 05:09 AM
lol and he lives then to say 'i'm ok' then an alien flys out of nowhere and rips off his head. that would be a great random LOL i wish gantz said something funny about inaba on the grading. but i am feeling sorry for him since he had a cry, the dudes turning into a good guy but sure as hell sucks and is useless lol

Immotalas
September 21, 2008, 01:17 PM
Hey everyone, I've been reading all you's posts for a while now (about a year) to bring new perspective to Gantz. George usually brings up theories that I havnt thought of, or things I didn't notice while reading (the whole "head in hand" thing).

I've decided to finally contribute because of the whole "Katastrophe" occurance, and if this manga ends, I want a chance to look back and say: "Ha! SEE! I was RIGHT! this WAS true! and I said it!" (not that I'll probably be right) but if I'm going to make predictions, it ould be better to make them before the manga ends.

Here are some of my thoughts:
-Gantz balls are 100 point upgrades (after getting enough points, you get a ball of your own, in a new location! yay for you!)

-the aliens have been increasing their ranks, and have told gantz when they are going to attack, or maybe gantz did the math, and that's when thier motherships are going to arrive.

-Hoi hoi is going to resurrect Izumi by pointing at his picture.

-maybe Nishi is punking everyone, and the timer is how much time they have left before they go to the room again! (I just don't want it to end)

-I think theres a good possibility that we will see the osaka team again, or at least meet the members again (kato-cha's relationship with milf, see if geogemarvin is correct about the torso-thing)

In the next chapter, i have no clue what we are going to see. I think the government might take a greater intrest in the gantzers, or the gantzers might get more plublicity, and they have to go into hiding, or somthing. I honestly haven't a clue what the madman with the pen is going to do :P
Thats all I got.

Kozar927
September 21, 2008, 03:38 PM
welcome to the forums ^_^
Keep the predictions up. Who knows whos predictions will be correct.

georgemarvin
September 22, 2008, 01:58 AM
Welcome, Immotalas! Glad to have you aboard. I agree, none of us know what the madman with the pen has in mind, but it's sure been a wild ride so far.

Quetz
September 22, 2008, 02:09 AM
Hey everyone, I've been reading all you's posts for a while now (about a year) to bring new perspective to Gantz. George usually brings up theories that I havnt thought of, or things I didn't notice while reading (the whole "head in hand" thing).

I've decided to finally contribute because of the whole "Katastrophe" occurance, and if this manga ends, I want a chance to look back and say: "Ha! SEE! I was RIGHT! this WAS true! and I said it!" (not that I'll probably be right) but if I'm going to make predictions, it ould be better to make them before the manga ends.

Here are some of my thoughts:
-Gantz balls are 100 point upgrades (after getting enough points, you get a ball of your own, in a new location! yay for you!)

-the aliens have been increasing their ranks, and have told gantz when they are going to attack, or maybe gantz did the math, and that's when thier motherships are going to arrive.

-Hoi hoi is going to resurrect Izumi by pointing at his picture.

-maybe Nishi is punking everyone, and the timer is how much time they have left before they go to the room again! (I just don't want it to end)

-I think theres a good possibility that we will see the osaka team again, or at least meet the members again (kato-cha's relationship with milf, see if geogemarvin is correct about the torso-thing)

In the next chapter, i have no clue what we are going to see. I think the government might take a greater intrest in the gantzers, or the gantzers might get more plublicity, and they have to go into hiding, or somthing. I honestly haven't a clue what the madman with the pen is going to do :P
Thats all I got.

I've thought of the gantz balls being a weapon upgrade, and I agree with it. The hoi hoi ressing izumi thing is one of those random things you see coming from a mile away, but keep on hoping it doesn't happen that way...

While waiting on the next mission, I really think that the gantzers should be harrassed by the media at least a LITTLE....they killed a fucking devil in a downtown area where there had to be at least hundreds of witnesses, probably more than one with a camera....and nobody has taken the initiative to find out who they are? Not even reika? WTF?

Also, george, since when are you a mangahelper? grats on that (unless you've been one this whole time?)

wrstljr
September 24, 2008, 02:58 AM
My prediction for the next chapter and final arc...Koizumi Shintarou from Me~teru no Kimochi becomes a Gantzer and is easily the best Gantzer of all time.

Anyone who's read that work of Oku's will understand the joke haha..

Anyways I'm severely hoping that Katastrophe is something completely unexpected because that would be the style of Gantz. The only way I could ever see this thing turning into a "we have to save the world quickly" type deal would be if the manga was getting cancelled.

That's not the case right? Anyways I can't wait to see what happens next as always...especially whatever the next twist is.

warbandit66
September 24, 2008, 06:57 AM
People here are trying to get too much meaning from throwaway panels and simple mistakes made by Oku, he produces the manga to a very high standard so it's only natural that he'll make the odd mistake here and there in terms of both plotholes and inconsistancies in artwork. The thing with manga is it if it's not explicitly mentioned or shown to us it hasn't happened, there's nothing that requires you to go over each page with a fine toothed comb and search for clues in the background.

Quetz
September 24, 2008, 10:17 AM
That could be true. But it could just as easily be the other way around, which is the whole point of these discussions.

georgemarvin
September 24, 2008, 12:47 PM
People here are trying to get too much meaning from throwaway panels and simple mistakes made by Oku, he produces the manga to a very high standard so it's only natural that he'll make the odd mistake here and there in terms of both plotholes and inconsistancies in artwork.

It depends on the manga. In Gantz' case, the throwaway panels and simple mistakes often turn out to be something different. Like the positions the players are in when they come back to the room. That was thought to be a mistake for a long time.

We are presented with mysteries from day 1. The whole point is that they are all pretty much clueless, and as soon as they think that they have things figured out, Gantz throws them another curve. Oku's manga is a series of mysteries, secrets and puzzles.

The thing with manga is it if it's not explicitly mentioned or shown to us it hasn't happened, there's nothing that requires you to go over each page with a fine toothed comb and search for clues in the background.

But we enjoy looking for clues. We get great satisfaction out of being able to say "I was right! It really was a clue!"

Nishi became important again 100 issues after he died. Reika and Tae were cover girls before their first appearance in the manga. The covers have shown a foreshadow of future characters and items several times. Oku throws out clues that might not become important for years. The vampire training seminar mentions nanites, which haven't been an obvious part of the part at any time since, will probably become an important of the plot in a few years.

Things that people think are mistakes often turn out to be part of the plot. There have been several 6th sense type moments, when something unexpected happened, and people looked back and found literally dozens of clues hidden in those throw-away panels.

We saw a throw-away panel of Kei hitting three bottles at one time with his x-pistol, then he used it to lock onto three people at the same time. The swords lying on the floor when Kei found the bikes looked like just a throw-away panel at the time. So did the database of dead Gantz players. In Gantz, there have been literally hundreds of other supposedly throw-away panels, or panels with what is presumed at the time to be mistakes, which have turned not to be mistakes at all, and often become extremely important to the plot later.

Look at how many people there were who said that the positions the players came back to the room in being different from those that they were at in the end of the hunt were just drawing mistakes. Then Kei came back at the point of the "last save". Turns out, all of those "mistakes" were just the way that Gantz works. Oku makes some minor mistakes in his drawings, like HS's regrown tie, but most of the plot holes aren't really mistakes; they are just as likely to be mysteries to be solved than something that Oku just forgot.

This is a prediction thread; the very nature of predictions requires something in the past to base them on. I always try to base all of my predictions about what the characters will do in the future on their actions in the past, and I try to base my projections of future plot developments on the clues and circumstances in the past that Oku may have left for us to foreshadow the future.

Besides, I like fine-toothed combs. :)

warbandit66
September 24, 2008, 04:10 PM
Haha I like you're analysis of chapters but sometimes I feel that they dominate chapter threads maybe you should start a thread yourself.

winterwyrm
September 24, 2008, 05:38 PM
nah, george's epic ownings of people are an essential part of the gantz board

Kozar927
September 24, 2008, 07:45 PM
yes yes we all love George, but what about spoilers... were are they? shouldn't we have more already?!?!?!

georgemarvin
September 25, 2008, 01:04 AM
Looks like we might get the whole issue before any more spoilers pop up.
@warbandit66: Don't mean to dominate a discussion; I like to see ideas thrown around and everybody tosses out their own takes on what's happening. If I throw out a theory, I usually see several ideas pop up that I would have never thought of; some of them are pretty interesting.

Kozar927
September 25, 2008, 01:54 AM
Whens it released in jap. Thursday right? The will see the hole thing today. Or tomorrow for some of you.

102jayday
September 25, 2008, 02:38 AM
today is thursday 4.38 toyko time, aust is a hour ahead

花男★
October 05, 2008, 08:50 PM
Hands are the toughest part of the human or humanoids body to draw, also Oku is still learning and improving, remember the art of the first chapters, and how he used to draw the suit and Nishi's face? and when Kurono looked like a girl?