PDA

View Full Version : Pirate's Summit

d3death
September 10, 2008, 09:49 PM
Ace: The next time we meet will be at pirate's summit.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/159/15/

Do you guys have any kind of theories about what and where will be this pirate's summit.

in anime there is one additional line.

at the end ace also says

"come to the top luffy"

Imitorar
September 10, 2008, 10:04 PM
The person who originally translated that line as "Pirate's Summit" now regrets it, because fans have assumed that it refers to an actual location, rather then simply being a way of telling Luffy to become a powerful pirate. With the revelation of the piece of paper Ace gave Luffy as a Vivre Card, it can be assumed that the "Pirate's Summit" Ace was talking about was the New World, the place where the really powerful pirates are.

BlackHair
September 12, 2008, 05:54 AM
Well, given by Luffys reaction I think that is meant to Luffy become a powerful pirate. If its a location, like the new world then Luffy wouldn't have this kind of reaction. Since Luffy has no idea about the grand line, he couldn't have known what location Ace is talking about, so I would expect from Luffs a "?" face.

But tbh I've never thought about it until today and I actually don't care :P

RichardMNixon
September 13, 2008, 02:57 PM
I originally interpreted summit as a meeting, like a UN summit council. That paper was like his ticket in the door.

bittman
September 14, 2008, 08:12 PM
I always read it as a metaphorical place, but I can see why others may literally confuse it with a place of interest. The summit is the top, so for someone to reach the top they have to be the best.

Once again Imitorar shows his experience (and serious long-time addiction to One Piece)

d3death
February 21, 2009, 12:07 AM
this was translated by Stephen.
and his signature on alrong park was:

Stephen's Law: No matter how many times it is (correctly) stated in a discussion that Ace's words to Luffy about meeting at the "summit" are nothing more than an unintentionally misleading way of saying "see you at the top," someone will state their (incorrect) theories about how there is a mystical Pirate Convention in which pirates from around the world get together to drink some grog, play pirate games and debate over who would win in a fight.

so we can safely assume that it means nothing more than "see you at the top".
but from the current events (ID arc) i dont think luffy is at top yet but he'll still meet ace.

Onomatopoeia
February 21, 2009, 08:03 PM
This has been brought up before. I'm sure of it.

As an answer to this thread: It's a metaphor.

kkck
February 21, 2009, 10:24 PM
This isn't "pirates of the Caribbean" people! (regardless of similarities)

paradoxe
February 22, 2009, 01:46 AM
This has been brought up before. I'm sure of it.

As an answer to this thread: It's a metaphor.

Why are you answering this thread again where there are 5 posts before yours (some dating months back) which say exactly the same thing?

And @kkck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OugE4htbpjk&feature=related

Onomatopoeia
February 22, 2009, 12:20 PM
Why are you answering this thread again where there are 5 posts before yours (some dating months back) which say exactly the same thing?

And @kkck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OugE4htbpjk&feature=related

Not my fault if someone else necroed it.

Not like I check the dates obsessively.

kkck
February 22, 2009, 01:15 PM
And @kkck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OugE4...eature=related
HAHA that was hilarious, it really cracked me up... Luffy saying "If I wasnt this probably would never work" is somehow so true... And I couldnt hold my laughter when zoro proposed to nami....

k-dom
February 22, 2009, 05:02 PM
Maybe the confusion is easier for non english native, since we use summit in the conference meaning more often

Imitorar
February 22, 2009, 06:28 PM
Er, the issue this thread was meant to discuss seems to have been resolved, and this thread seems to have degenerated into YouTube links and pop culture references, so I think that it's time for this thread to go to the Blank Century. If anyone would like to post something in this thread that's actually on-topic, feel free to do it in there, the thread will be moved back into the main Tree of Knowledge if it gets posted in while in the Davy Back Fight.

Poneglyph420
August 02, 2009, 05:56 PM
the summit is like the best 10-20 pirates..
It's foreshadowing

Rotten The Wizard
August 04, 2009, 09:16 AM
yea It would be really dumb for a whole bunch of pirates to gather up in one place. That would be a Field day For the marines

RichardMNixon
August 04, 2009, 12:47 PM
The translator regrets his choice of words. There is no meeting or mountain.

it means nothing more than "see you at the top".

Ace wants to see Luffy in the top tiers, duking it out with Yonkou.

d3death
August 05, 2009, 02:10 AM
yea It would be really dumb for a whole bunch of pirates to gather up in one place. That would be a Field day For the marines

well we have a whole lot of pirates along WB gathering at marine HQ.. and it isn't exactly a field day for marines

tothx
August 05, 2009, 09:11 AM
If anything, Pirate's Summit is the place Luffy is right now! At this very moment he is in the company of the biggest and baddest pirates out there and by the end of this arc he will have made his introduction with them, every pirate and marine present will know his name because of some ludacris stunt he's going to pull. And guess what, he's about to meet Ace again.

Marine Headquarters is right now the Pirates Summit =)

Gcat88
August 09, 2009, 11:10 AM
actually if the worlds strongest pirates came together that is once place the marines would never go!!!! if WB ALONE is making all this commotion imagine, WB, Shanks, the rest of the Yonkou, and pirates that are stronger than Luffy that we havent seen.

Gecko Moria
August 09, 2009, 03:19 PM
Due to the fact that the issue this thread presented has effectively been resolved, I have closed this thread until such a time it is needed again. Thank you for your co-operation and happy posting :)