PDA

View Full Version : The Vampire Thread

Kozar927
September 15, 2008, 06:48 PM
Lets use this thread to discuss all the vampires past and present, and discuss what we think their motives are, seeing as we know so very little about where they come from and why they side with the aliens.
[hr]
A few facts (Please add to the list)

1) they first appeared after the Dino mission.
2) They hate the Gantz team and side with the aliens.
3) Their hang out is a club were they conduct fights, lure in humans to suck their blood, and discuss business.
4) they were successful in killing Kei and Izumi.
5) at this point in the story 2 vamps. "Host samurai" and "Killbill" are members of the gantz team.
6) Akira Korono was also a vampire, although it is still unknown how he became one.
7) Vampires have tiny nano machines in their blood. If a human gets these into his blood by accident in the case of Akira, or on purpose in like likely case of Killbill they become vamps also.

Equipment: Coming soon

Mr.Aaron
September 15, 2008, 07:50 PM
You should also probably add that Akira was a Vampire, and that Oku considers the vampires to be aliens.

Kozar927
September 15, 2008, 08:13 PM
and that Oku considers the vampires to be aliens.

Interesting. Were did you see that?

Masterchief
September 15, 2008, 08:55 PM
think it was mentioned in an interview but I could be wrong. Also I think the reason for hating gantz is that some time ago there was a hunt on em, and they befriended the aliens cuz the enemy of their enemy is their ally

Mr.Aaron
September 15, 2008, 10:44 PM
The clearly think that the hunters are also known as Vampire Hunters.

Kozar927
September 15, 2008, 11:34 PM
"Also I think the reason for hating gantz is that some time ago there was a hunt on em"

Were do people here this stuff? Its interesting is true. I read this manga over and over many times. How do i miss this stuff? If its all from the infamous gantz manul it really needs to be translated. Oh god please. LOL

georgemarvin
September 16, 2008, 01:10 AM
"Also I think the reason for hating gantz is that some time ago there was a hunt on em"

Were do people here this stuff? Its interesting is true. I read this manga over and over many times. How do i miss this stuff? If its all from the infamous gantz manul it really needs to be translated. Oh god please. LOL

Read chapter 163 again. It begins the vampire story and shows that Izumi has fought them before.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/163/09/

Kozar927
September 16, 2008, 01:21 AM
I see. Thanks for that george.

warbandit66
September 16, 2008, 07:31 AM
The vampires also have some pretty sharp suits, they might even grant some sort of power like the Gantz suits, we already know that they are able to repair themselves since Hikawa managed to regenerate his tie after it was cut by one of those crazy samurai dudes.

noonethere
September 16, 2008, 10:40 AM
You should include in the list information
(i)about their weapons (swords and guns)which can grow from their body,
(ii) about the sunglasses and contact lenses that enable them to see the gantz team even when they change their wavelength.
(iii)that they are vulnerable to light and that they need to take some drugs to be able to walk under the sun.
(iv)about the nanorobots in their bodies that gave them their powers

Also Killbill was once human(compare this page (http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-228/page014.html) with this one (http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-237/page004.html) ) This means that the vampires have the ability to turn normal humans into vampires(probably by injecting the nanorobots in their blood). Akira probably got the nanorobots in his body by accident. Hopes it help.:)

warbandit66
September 16, 2008, 10:51 AM
The vampires are supposed to be vulnerable to light but I'm pretty sure Akira took a walk during the day, he shouldn't have been able to unless blood has to be consumed in order for the transition from human to vampire to take place.

georgemarvin
September 16, 2008, 11:33 AM
He was still becoming a vampire at that point. He found the eczema on his back and was drawn to the seminar, but didn't know what was happening. The guy at the podium said it takes several weeks for the nanites to take over.

Mr.Aaron
September 16, 2008, 01:46 PM
He was still becoming a vampire at that point. He found the eczema on his back and was drawn to the seminar, but didn't know what was happening. The guy at the podium said it takes several weeks for the nanites to take over.

Beat me to it. Makes me wonder what would happen if someone was transforming into a vampire, didn't know what was going on for a certain amount of weeks, and the one day turned to dust from the sun out of nowhere. Also, I heard someone say that Nishi gets fixated on the idea of becoming a vampire, but I'm 99% sure that it is false due to the lack of evidence, AND the fact that there is no source where one could obtain that information.

Masterchief
September 16, 2008, 06:55 PM
I wonder how much the vamps(at least the higher ups) know about the katastrophe thing, i doubt that most of em kno it even exists, but there should be a few that are the leaders and in direct contact with some high up aliens. Come to tihnk of it some rookie vamps and hunters are in the same position, the only difference is you have to die to get gantz powazz

georgemarvin
September 16, 2008, 08:52 PM
It really depends on what the catastrophe really is. If it's an all-out war between aliens and Gantz, it's possible that HS would know or could find out something. If it's something else entirely, the aliens and vampires may be just as clueless as the Gantz team.

Masterchief
September 16, 2008, 08:58 PM
god gantz leaves us so many questions I wonder if oku is aware of it and does it intentionally or we're just thinking way too deep. It does seem like its an alien vs human thing i mean the timing seems right if you ask me, nura seemed to bring an army with him prob in preparation or something , alien military maybe?

georgemarvin
September 16, 2008, 11:10 PM
Oku has a lot in common with the writers of Lost, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the 6th sense: Just when you think you've got it all figured out, you're thrown for a 90 degree curve. Nothing's what it seems. A single panel 100 issues ago suddenly becomes important. Something is finally revealed and you suddenly see that there were 50 hints throughout series.

Mr.Aaron
September 17, 2008, 02:06 PM
Oku has a lot in common with the writers of Lost, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the 6th sense: Just when you think you've got it all figured out, you're thrown for a 90 degree curve. Nothing's what it seems. A single panel 100 issues ago suddenly becomes important. Something is finally revealed and you suddenly see that there were 50 hints throughout series.

Thats what I love. Nishi's revival was an example of Oku's "curve ball". I loved it. :tem

Kozar927
September 21, 2008, 09:09 PM
I hope the vampires are the target of another mission. Would make things interesting.

Masterchief
September 22, 2008, 09:26 PM
really? lets face it the vamps arent as strong as the oni boss's a mission like that would just be a filler point mission. Might be interesting but the only good thing we would get out of it is 5-10 pages of hs deciding which side to be on.

GAT-X252
September 22, 2008, 11:22 PM
Maybe there is a "Big Cheese" and is really strong...you know the leader of all the vampires (I'm not talking about Hikawa).

Maybe he is a "natural" vampire, no nanomachines needed.

Masterchief
September 23, 2008, 01:24 AM
well there has to be a head dunna bout the strength tho. I wonder if vampires can age though, i mean the old vamp with hs is proof that nano machines can take over late? or that vamps can age? If they can then wouldnt have the old vamp with hs been fighting hunters for quite some time now, it could also give us a hint on how long gantz has existed

putopooche
November 16, 2008, 02:28 AM
hmm.. my guess about the vamp are.. they are the perfect human form of the aliens.. but not actually perfect because of their weakness in sunlight.. well the aliens are made by the past old human.. the past old human experiment's how to become immortal.. there alien experiment failed .. the alien's escaped the laboratory and reproduce themselves.. because of this the past old human's create gantz to annihiliate the existing alien at all cost .. after that.. they still experiment how to become immortal and they think that blood is the key of immortality.. they called the blood sucking or drinking process "vampirism".. and they create a human that can suck blood or drink blood and called "vampires".. and the place of this past old humans is now called germany.. .... haha that is just my guess..:p

pavel vlasov
January 16, 2013, 11:56 AM
Hi guys.
I revive this topic to ask you if you know what happened to these vampires? Maybe, i missed something here. I mean they disappeared without a trace.
It's something Oku does a lot in this manga. Remember, for example, that he introduced Kurono's brother, also a member of the vampires, just to kill him a little later. (I remember Hiroya Oku said in an interview that he liked Katou, but in the end he managed to kill him as well... :smile-big)

But seriously, where are these vampires? They had skills, so it's highly unlikely that they all got killed by the aliens from the start.