PDA

View Full Version : Theory Ace's Bounty

d3death
September 16, 2008, 06:48 AM
Quoting from the anime.

in the episode where luffy and company's bounty becomes known world wide.

in luffy's hometown they say

Kumpai to the man with highest bounty in east blue.

does this means that his bounty is higher than that of ace?

although i seriously doubt this but still it can be implied

p.s: episode number 324
"The World-Wide Bounties! The Hometowns Dance as the Ship Sails Forward!"
"Meguru Tehaisho! Kokyō wa Odoru Fune wa Susumu!"

paradoxe
September 16, 2008, 08:00 AM
Ace may not have been from East Blue.

I don't think they're brothers in blood..maybe half brothers. Or else Ace would have the 'Monkey' surname.

Akainu
September 16, 2008, 08:44 AM
perhaps ace just doesn't have a bounty (anymore). BB didn't have one and yet was powerful, so if Ace kept quiet against WG too until he reached the new world it could be possible.

AlphaXero
September 16, 2008, 08:46 AM
but its almost impossible to assume he laid low considering Smoker knew exactly who he was. So it is very likely he has a bounty.

Akainu
September 16, 2008, 08:51 AM
like I said he could have laid low until he was in the new world.
from there on he was in WB's crew and rose to be commander of the 2nd division. that's why even smoker knew him and the only reference we have ever heard about him.
not like Luffy ... "oh you are Monkey D. Luffy? the guy destroyed Enies Lobby?" who is famous for messing with WG and marines.

Razh
September 16, 2008, 10:50 AM
Ace may not have been from East Blue.

I don't think they're brothers in blood..maybe half brothers. Or else Ace would have the 'Monkey' surname.

They grew up together. In East Blue.

And about the Monkey surname. How do you know Ace would have it? How do you know it's really a surname at all? You're just guessing.

Yeah, maybe Ace just didn't make any real mess before he got to WB. Maybe WB picked him up outside of New World. Who's to say that he was sitting there all the time? If Shanks could travel around so could he.

But it's still fishy. Especially since BB became Shichibukai just by beating Ace. Someone that notorious and bounty under 300 mil?

GeckoMoria
September 16, 2008, 02:16 PM
maybe ace had a 299 million bounty :P

Yans86
September 16, 2008, 02:31 PM
BB wanted become Shichi by beating Luffy when he was worth 100mil.....after EL Luffy raised to 300mil,BB was almost after him when he met Ace that for sure has a big bounty...
Even Rayleigh said that he has a wanted picture,which means with a bounty........Luffy and the others SN are just rookie and they r worth 300mil......a Tenryubiito could by a mermaid for 500mil like nothing.......DoFlamingo was the auctioner and I think that with all the business he had,he had billion of money.........so for me,Ace can easily be worth around 600-700 mil!!!!

Razh
September 16, 2008, 03:02 PM
BB wanted become Shichi by beating Luffy when he was worth 100mil.....

Well, I don't think BB was relying only on Luffy. I think he said he wanted to hunt pirates with more than 100 mil. And Luffy was the first he met.

Ichibugen
September 16, 2008, 03:43 PM
Id say around the 400-500 Million range wouldnt be to much of a stretch to assume. The OP does make a good point though, I could very well be wrong...

Networks
September 16, 2008, 03:55 PM
Probably, Ace's Bounty is/was bigger than ruffy.

Rockstar isn't the 'vice-captain' and his bounty is 94 millions

bittman
September 16, 2008, 11:09 PM
Actually the East Blue'ers never talk about Ace like he also lived with them. Though they are brothers, and we know Luffy never left the island until he was a pirate, this doesn't mean Ace was indeed an East Blue local.

Of course, it could just be a stuff up by Oda.

And by the way, if Ace has a bounty of 100mil+, as one of the four division captains of another pirate captain that speaks volumes in itself about the power of Whitebeard's crew.

Akainu
September 17, 2008, 02:07 AM
it's 16 divisions, but you're right it speaks volumes about the power of the WB pirates that Ace commands (or commanded?) the 2nd division.
I also agree with anyone saying we know too little about Ace and how he left etc., but since he got so strong and only left 3 years before Luffy, he too should have been a pirate from the start.

kkck
September 17, 2008, 01:18 PM
Ace has gone to the highest position he can get in WB crew right now (assuming that all division captains have the same authority) and he has insane powers. It was said that before he left his hometown luffy was never able to defeat him so even without his fruit he is very strong, or at least stronger than any ordinary human. I would say he is at least worth 500 million berries.

BlackHair
September 17, 2008, 04:03 PM
I believe in the Manga it was never said that he posses a bounty. So I guess his bounty is 0 Berry. He is WB pirates 2nd division commander, that's why he is famous. Since some1 who is commanding a division of WB has to be strong, the WG acknowledged BBs strength by beating him. He may be worth 500M or more, but he probably isn't, like Enel.

Razh
September 17, 2008, 04:29 PM
If I'm not mistaken (I could be); it was never said that WB has a bounty, it was never said that Dragon has a bounty, it was never said that Shanks or Mihawk had bounties either, and finally I think it was never said that Roger had a bounty. (Anybody correct me if I'm wrong, with a link to the page please.)
Are we supposed to think that neither of them had a bounty because it wasn't clearly stated that they had?

Blackbeard's bounty is a direct result of him keeping himself in the dark from Marines and WG. Somebody like Ace who is among the top ranking officers of Whitebeard and is known all over the world as such, gets a bounty by default.
One more thing. If he doesn't have bounty, that means he has done nothing wrong against WG or Marines, or civilians.
If that's the case, than WG wouldn't have any reason or any right to keep him in jail. Yet, he is in jail right now.
Go figure.

sharingan_kakashi
September 17, 2008, 04:46 PM
I believe he is in Jail because he is a pirate. A famous pirate at that.
We don't even know where he got his DF. If it was a gift from WB (when he became division capt?) then he didnt have it before reaching the NW. Which would be one reason why he has a low bounty.

Guesstimate of Ace's current bounty is 475 M (based on power & strength)

BlackHair
September 17, 2008, 07:48 PM
[..] Are we supposed to think that neither of them had a bounty because it wasn't clearly stated that they had?There is a difference between them and Ace. We don't have informations on him like we do with the guys u mentioned, beside Mihawk.

WB and Shanks are reigning the latter half of the grand line like emperors, through a big crew (influence and power). These ppl are are "about" 50% of the Yonkou, which power is equal to the Marine HQ and part of the triangle balance. Since they are obviously working against the WG I believe the leaders of each group must have high bounties. Roger was called by the folk as the pirate king. The WG probably considered this as a threat. Even those ppl who helped him where punished (Tom) and his first-mate Rayleigh who was under Rogers command is carrying a bounty. In his case, I believe he had a bounty as well. Dragon is a clear enemy of the WG (1 (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/432/18/),2 (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/10/)) and he carries the title worst criminal. It is safe to assume in his case, that he carries the highest bounty. Mihawk as a Shichi should have sth on him to let him intimidate other pirates. He is carrying the title strongest swordsman and that is enogh to intimidate others, so I believe there is a good chance that he never had a bounty. We also don't know his past, beside he was fighting Shanks (I guess ex-crewmember of WB)
Now for Ace, we don't know anything what he did in the past unlike the guys (beside Mihawk) mentioned above. All we know is that he is a pirate and a member of WBs crew. None of those is reasons are enough to put a bounty on his head. Back then in Alabasta, Smoker didn't mentioned anything like"wanted pirate" or sth. He wanted to arrest him just because he was a pirate.

We know he and Luffy grew up together like siblings (Im saying "like" cause I don't believe they are blood related, but that don't belongs in this tread) and must have lived at the same village. Still the villager called Luffy the most successful pirate from the east with a 300M head (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/03/), even though Ace has a high position in probably the strongest pirate crew.

I know he could have still a bounty under 300M, but if we combine that with Smokers small-talk and with the fact, that we don't know his actions in the grand line, I get the feeling he had no bounty at all or max 299.999.999 xD

One more thing. If he doesn't have bounty, that means he has done nothing wrong against WG or Marines, or civilians. If that's the case, than WG wouldn't have any reason or any right to keep him in jail. Yet, he is in jail right now. That should be reason enough (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/158/06/).

kkck
September 17, 2008, 09:52 PM
I dont think WB is working againts the WG, or at least wasnt until they capture ace. If they were working againts the WG or with any other political group, they wouldnt be pirates, they would be terrorists, military faction or an army.
I always thought garp meant that the 4 emperors were emperors because they could do anything they wanted and no one or very few had the power to control them, not because they are actual emperors with empires, lands or any (voluntary) political influence.

BlackHair
September 17, 2008, 10:49 PM
I dont think WB is working againts the WG, or at least wasnt until they capture ace. If they were working againts the WG or with any other political group, they wouldnt be pirates, they would be terrorists, military faction or an army.
By "working against" I was just saying they are enemies, but you are right, that's the wrong definition to describe it.

Im not sure if u were trying to say by "until they captured Ace" that they never fought against. If yes then its probably wrong. Garp said the Yonkou are equal to the Marine HQ and Shichi. To determine that statement, they must have fought at one time.

I always thought garp meant that the 4 emperors were emperors because they could do anything they wanted and no one or very few had the power to control them, not because they are actual emperors with empires, lands or any (voluntary) political influence. Garp used the word "reign (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/432/07/)". You must have a territory to reign over and a crew/army to back u up. Through a big crew and fame u can get influence, similar to Crocodiles Baroque organisation or Flamingos business.

Of course that's only how I see the situation, not like it is a clear fact. Now rereading my own post it sounded that way, but wasn't my intention.

wrstljr
September 18, 2008, 05:22 AM
I just reread all of OP over the last couple days and unfortunetly I wasn't paying enough attention. But it is mentioned that Ace has an insanely high bounty.

Im also pretty sure for reference, the rookie on WB's crew is worth 94 million belli....and it's heavily implied hes a small fry.

Razh
September 18, 2008, 06:38 AM
That should be reason enough (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/158/06/).

It's not reason enough at all to hold someone in Impel Down and execute him.
I mean, they could execute him to give an example, because he is well known and part of WB's crew. But is it really possible that he has no bounty at all.
We've all seen how reckless the members of D family are. I don't really think Ace was able to get to NW without causing terrible amount of ruckuss like his younger brother.
It's weird that they said "the most succesfull pirate from the east". Roger was from the east too.

And from what I've seen, when a pirate has a nickname, it usually means that he has a bounty. Like Strawhat Luffy, Black leg Sanji, Burglar cat Nami, Bellamy the Hyena.
We could go like this on and on, but in the end, I really doubt that Ace doesn't have a bounty. I mean, wouldn't he get a bounty just by resisting arrest from Smoker, and helping other pirates get away? And what about destroying Billions fleet.
If anything, he would probably get a bounty for "dining and dashing" who knows how many times. :)

It kinda doesn' make sense that a famous pirate of his caliber doesn't even have a bounty.

BlackHair
September 18, 2008, 08:42 AM
It's not reason enough at all to hold someone in Impel Down and execute him.
I mean, they could execute him to give an example, because he is well known and part of WB's crew. But is it really possible that he has no bounty at all.
Well we are talking about the guys who destroyed a whole island and their inhabitants to ensure their secret regarding the history (Ohara). I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason was to pick up a fight with WB.

We've all seen how reckless the members of D family are. I don't really think Ace was able to get to NW without causing terrible amount of ruckuss like his younger brother.
As for Luffy, the reason for every of his bounty-ups was a fight based on emotional motives (Eniss Lobby-Robin, Alabasta-Vivi, East blue-Nami, Ussope, Sanji and Zoro (?)). We don't know exactly how Ace met WB, so his actions are unknown.

It's weird that they said "the most successful pirate from the east". Roger was from the east too. It was said east, could also mean east in east blue, so not Loguetown or they actually meant only living pirates. There are many way to interpret that.

And from what I've seen, when a pirate has a nickname, it usually means that he has a bounty. Like Strawhat Luffy, Black leg Sanji, Burglar cat Nami, Bellamy the Hyena.
Nicknames can be also given among pirates, don't have to be only by marine.

I mean, wouldn't he get a bounty just by resisting arrest from Smoker, and helping other pirates get away? And what about destroying Billions fleet. Given by his attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if Smoker didn't reported that incident. He was also hunting Luffy at that time without permission as far as I can remember.
Billions are part of the mafia, I don't think they would go to the marine and report what Ace did. Also they would fear Mr.0 punishment by doing this, I guess.

Anyway, my post sounds completely childish and u brought up pretty good point (nicknames) and Im thinking more like that he had a bounty. But I wouldn't surprised if he didn't had one. So I will go with 0-299$

I just reread all of OP over the last couple days and unfortunetly I wasn't paying enough attention. But it is mentioned that Ace has an insanely high bounty.I can't recall anything like what u mentioned. Plz post the page if u should find it; would save a lot of posts for me xD

Im also pretty sure for reference, the rookie on WB's crew is worth 94 million belli....and it's heavily implied hes a small fry. I believe u r talking about Shanks new fry, but anyway. Bounties are giving based on threat and what damage they caused not for their fighting power.

noonethere
September 18, 2008, 09:03 AM
Maybe when they are saying "most successful pirate from the east", they meant the pirate with the highest bounty that was first known in East Blue. Take Buggy for example: he may or may not be originally from East Blue but he may himself first known in East Blue. If what I said is true, that would mean that there may be other pirates originating from East blue with higher bounty than Luffy but got their first bounty in Grandline such that East Blue is not associated with them.

Another possibility is that Ace hid all details of his past(maybe even changed his name) so that he is not associated with the Monkey family or with East Blue just like Dragon did.

Another aspect we need to consider is the purpose of the bounties: they are used to encourage people to try catch wanted people. I doubt the WG would encourage people to attack dangerous persons such as WB or Dragon so maybe strong pirates in the New world no longer have a bounty.

paradoxe
September 18, 2008, 09:30 AM
They grew up together. In East Blue.

And about the Monkey surname. How do you know Ace would have it? How do you know it's really a surname at all? You're just guessing.

Yeah, maybe Ace just didn't make any real mess before he got to WB. Maybe WB picked him up outside of New World. Who's to say that he was sitting there all the time? If Shanks could travel around so could he.

But it's still fishy. Especially since BB became Shichibukai just by beating Ace. Someone that notorious and bounty under 300 mil?

You don't read my post do you?

I said, he might not have been from East Blue. He grew up with Luffy..maybe he was brought there at the age of 5 or something. Maybe he was born in North Blue and later moved to East BLue, so technically speaking, he wasn't 'from' East Blue.

FFs, read my post before commenting mmkay?

I believe in the Manga it was never said that he posses a bounty

That is highly unlikely.

Just beecause his bounty hasn't been mentioned doesn't mean he doesn't have one. WB's bounty hasn't been mentioned either..does that mean he doesn't have one?

Most of the well known pirates have bounties, most of them of huge amounts. BB was an exception since he hid his strength behind WB's shadow, and never tried to gain notoriety or fame for himself.

Nicknames can be also given among pirates, don't have to be only by marine.

Give me one example of that please.

Now for Ace, we don't know anything what he did in the past unlike the guys (beside Mihawk) mentioned above. All we know is that he is a pirate and a member of WBs crew. None of those is reasons are enough to put a bounty on his head. Back

He is the 2nd Division Captain in the World's strongest crew. I think that warrants some recognition and a bounty. BEING a pirate is a crime against the WG. Joining WB's crew..wow that would really warrant a bounty wouldn't it? Consider the fact that Rockstar, a rookie in Shanks' crew (a crew which is considered less powerful then WG's), has a bounty of 90 mil and you should understand Ace's power and fame.

It was also mentioned that BB was only looking for pirates with bounties OVER 100 mil after the Jaya arc to gain some recognition from the WG. I doubt he'd hand Ace over to the WG if his bounty was any less.

BlackHair
September 18, 2008, 08:26 PM
That is highly unlikely. Feel free to post a link where it says he does and we could stop wasting time in this discussion.

Just because his bounty hasn't been mentioned doesn't mean he doesn't have one. WB's bounty hasn't been mentioned either..does that mean he doesn't have one?
Like I said, there is a huge difference between Ace and WB. WB is the leader of the strongest pirate crew, while Ace is just crew member with a high position, which is why he is famous (not saying that is the only reason!). The captain takes responsible for what the crew does and he is the one who will be noticed by the WG/Marine not some1 in his crew.

Give me one example of that please.
Don't rly have one, otherwise I would have posted it earlier.

I was just comparing the pirate world with the underworld in our world. There are guys who are given nicknames among the underworld which makes them famous, but don't have to be searched by the government.
Now in OP: the seaport in Jaya is more likely a pirate city. Guys who will go there on rampage will have probably some kind of nickname among pirates....just a example how "nicknames" could also work.

He is the 2nd Division Captain in the World's strongest crew. I think that warrants some recognition and a bounty. BEING a pirate is a crime against the WG. Joining WB's crew..wow that would really warrant a bounty wouldn't it? Consider the fact that Rockstar, a rookie in Shanks' crew (a crew which is considered less powerful then WG's), has a bounty of 90 mil and you should understand Ace's power and fame.

By joining WB and also by given a high position in his crew warrants him only a famous name. Not a bounty!or are u saying every member of his crew poses a bounty, even the cannon fodder who fell down under Shanks haki? Bounty will given guys who causes damage to the WG and who are considered as a threat. Like I said, we don't know what he did before and after he joined WB.

Rockstar was a new member and as far as I understood, he had a bounty before joining Shanks. That is completely different from Ace, again: there are things unknown about his actions in the grand line.

It was also mentioned that BB was only looking for pirates with bounties OVER 100 mil after the Jaya arc to gain some recognition from the WG. I doubt he'd hand Ace over to the WG if his bounty was any less. BB only wanted to beat some1 to proof his strength and worth of becoming a new Shichi. Guys with a bounty of 100M+ are considered strong..

Ace was known as the commander of the 2nd division of WB. The WG as a enemy of WB, who are fighting each other for a long time would have known, that WB only gives strong member a high position. By beating him should be enough to proof his own strength. -> BB becomes a Shichi.

Most of the well known pirates have bounties, most of them of huge amounts. Well, yes "most". So I still believe there is a possibility that he don't poses a bounty, since we don't know his actions in the grand line (How die he joined WB? What did he do while serving under WB?). So I will still go with 0-299.

All in all, Im pretty sure u didn't read my posts.

Anyway, my post sounds completely childish and u brought up pretty good point (nicknames) and Im thinking more like that he had a bounty. But I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't had one. So I will go with 0-299$

Just a scenario and a example of his bounty being 0: Ace happens to find a devil fruit and eats it without thinking. Later he meets by coincidence WB early in the grand line. He is pretty much impressed by him and joins his crew. As he proofs his strength he is given a high position. Since the Yonkou and the WG are in truce, Ace wasn't able to get a bounty. 3 Years later he gets caught and dies, Happy End.

TheBlackLotus
September 19, 2008, 01:24 PM

That doesn't mean he has a bounty. Real and fictional pirates in the past were sometimes given nicknames for their notoriety.

I'm sure Ace has a bounty. The marines gave Luffy his first bounty just for defeating other well known pirates and being a pirate himself. (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/96/06/) I'm sure being the 2nd division captain of Whitebeard's crew (making him either the third strongest, or third highest in command) alone would be enough to warrant him a bounty of some sort. Also we don't know much about Ace and Luffy's pasts. The villagers in Luffy's hometown never even mention Ace, so there could be more to it than we know. Their connection isn't exactly concrete yet as far as we know.

Razh
September 19, 2008, 03:09 PM
I wasn't talking about real or fictional pirates, I was talking about OP pirates.

I share your opinnion that just by being a highranking officer of WB crew is enough to have a bounty, as I've written somewhere above, because piracy is a crime.

Anyways, Billions and normal citizen recognized Ace as Fire fist.
How did Billions know that he was Ace. Billions are part of the organization of bounty hunters. They knew what he looked like. And they knew his nickname.
-http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/159/16/
From bounty poster maybe? There would certainly be his picture and a nickname on it.

How could a member of a bounty hunting organization get promoted if he kills someone (link) who doesn't even have a bounty?

I think that most of us didn't doubt even for a moment that Ace has a bounty.
And then someone remembers that the villagers said that Luffy is the most successful pirate from the East (probably they mean Blue).
Success can be interpreted in many ways. They could just as well have meant that he broke the time record on gaining 300 mil bounty.
Can anybody prove that they meant he had the highest bounty? No.

EDIT: http://www.onemanga.co/One_Piece/440/03/ (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/03/)
Here, it's translated as "the most successful".

Akainu
September 19, 2008, 04:11 PM
someone should ask Oda this in an SBS. or we wait till we see Ace somewhen again.
everything else is speculation and honestly after those words of Luffy has the highest bounty in East Blue it could really be that old yonkou <-> bounty idea is true. i.e. that in the New World (or if they join a yonkou) pirates loose their bounties for whatever reason.
OR Ace's bounty is 299.999.999,99 ...

Franckie
September 20, 2008, 05:53 PM
WB and Shanks are reigning the latter half of the grand line like emperors, through a big crew (influence and power). These ppl are are "about" 50% of the Yonkou, which power is equal to the Marine HQ and part of the triangle balance. Since they are obviously working against the WG I believe the leaders of each group must have high bounties.

A balance of power exists between Yonkou + Shichibukai + MHQ, but the distribution of power has never been stated to be equal amongst all three powers. The reason MHQ + Shichibukai can balance out the Yonkou is because the Yonkou fight amongst each other.

rene_01
September 24, 2008, 11:45 PM
maybe ace dosent have such a bounty like luffy cuz he is not a troubelmaker like luffy, ace is more "intelegent" or at least i think that and he dosnt go there kicking the ass of anyperson.

gold349
September 25, 2008, 03:32 AM
I think they go tthat wrong, I mean ok you can argue over Luffy and Ace but what about Dragon, Luffy can no way have one higher than him, Dragon is the one with the highest bounty from east blue.

kkck
September 25, 2008, 09:45 AM
I dont think ace is the type to not cause trouble. He is smarter than luffy, true, but he still is very strong and his particular power stands out just a bit:P. Also ace should normaly be in the second half of the new world, since he is the commander of the second division and yet smoker inmediatly recognise ace when he saw him, even though they were at some point in oposite corners of the world. In OP world just being or calling yourself a pirate is a crime, I dont see how being just being WB second commander wouldnt make someone bounty worthy.

d3death
September 25, 2008, 02:50 PM
I think they go tthat wrong, I mean ok you can argue over Luffy and Ace but what about Dragon, Luffy can no way have one higher than him, Dragon is the one with the highest bounty from east blue.

Maybe Dragon was not born in east blue

Lord Rayleigh
February 21, 2009, 09:36 AM
Ace was a pirate always alone before he becomes a WB nakama (what happened in NW). So, probably, as he was solitary, the WG and the marines didn't notice him before he became the 2nd commander of WB's fleet.

And as we all know, what happened in NW is difficult to know for WG. Moreover, what pirates do there doesn't affect them because they have no control on this part of GL.
So, they don't have to give Ace a first bounty to Ace because they don't know what he did in NW and it doesn't disturb directly them : it is not necessary for WB to give Ace a first bounty because of his title (the 2nd commander of WB).

But Smoker knew Ace's face and his position ; so, I guess he should have at present a bounty. And I think the bounties in the newpapers of the 1st part of GL, are bounties of guys who are in the 1st part of GL : they will not give them all the people who have bounties and are in NW because they will never met them. So, Smoker should know him by the wanted poster he had when he was a solitary pirate.

So, he should have a first bounty coming from the 1st part of GL. And I suppose this is simply not the best bounty of East Blue.
Then, he has a bounty under 300 millions berrys.

Bugzee
May 03, 2010, 12:33 PM
I for one would love for Oda to actually disclose Ace’s old bounty value tbh. Hopefully, we’ll get one in a flashback. ;) If not, than I guess it would cool if Oda briefly touches on the subject in a future databook maybe? or SBS?

Fox666
May 04, 2010, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't go too far with Luffy being the most "well succeeded" from East Blue. You remember when Ivankov asked from were Luffy was from and etc, so Dragon is also from East Blue.

The question about Ace bounty cannot be ansered. We don't know the extend of New World bounties. The highest we know are the Shichibukai, but it seems the members become Shichibukai while they are still rookies with great potential (ex: Hancock, Ace)

Just to note, ace bounty poster WAS shown in the manga (the amount can't be read)

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2892/acebounty.png