PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Asklepios by Uchimizu Tohru

deadberry
September 18, 2008, 07:58 AM
Uchimizu Tohrus new series Asklepios starts it's serliazation in Shounen Jump this week

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/6946/askcf4.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/a1u9zp.jpg

Title : Asklepios (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12475)
Mangaka : UCHIMIZU Touru
Original Publisher : Shueisha
Serialized by : Weekly Shonen Jump
Genre : Shounen, Fantasy, Historical
Notes : Series derived by 1 oneshot

Moving post to the Shounen Section; this'll go in a new thread for the new Asklepios series.

hatsuharupeace
September 18, 2008, 08:02 AM
What series is that, deadberry?

deadberry
September 18, 2008, 08:09 AM
That'd be Asklepios, starting serialization this week

Sexy Randal 105
September 18, 2008, 08:19 AM
I look forward to reading it even though I have a feeling it's going to get axed...

Bad time to start a new series. Or at least for an unestablished author.

deadberry
September 18, 2008, 08:28 AM
I'm hoping it doesn't get the early axe since I enjoyed the one shot and I've been hoping it'd get serialized since way back then ><

Definately not the best of times to come into jump but I'll keep my selfish fingers crossed that some of the series I don't enjoy go first =p

hatsuharupeace
September 18, 2008, 08:31 AM
Damnnn, that cover looks good. >.< The art definately has improved from the one-shot; I'm really looking forward to reading this series.

Maxy Barnard
September 18, 2008, 02:09 PM
to have the most simple yet awesome looking jump cover of the year to having a nicely detailed and pretty colour spread............. this is too much. this manga best complete the joy by crapping out solid gold plot and characters!

Sexy Randal 105
September 18, 2008, 09:38 PM
*coughallenwalkercough*

Quetz
September 18, 2008, 10:43 PM
Allen walker indeed.

It reminds me a bit of Team Medical Dragon, but in a different time period. It was a pretty good one shot, and it left a few interesting things open, but the fact that the main character doesn't seem to be much of a fighter kind of turns me off of the series.

Maxy Barnard
September 19, 2008, 05:06 AM
are you kidding? he looks nothing like allen walker *facepalms*

haya5h1
September 19, 2008, 07:41 AM
Will he fix everything with surgery like Black Jack?:XD
first thing that sprung to mind... male Elle;_;

Maxy Barnard
September 19, 2008, 08:06 AM
ooh male elle! now theres a similarity i can spot! with an element of Tokiko Tsumura of course :P

yet it's a man... weird similarities turning up

haya5h1
September 19, 2008, 08:42 AM
ah! I did think the scar looked familiar but I couldn't place it. So... now he resembles not one but TWO Jump heroines, and a girly Jump hero.:XD He's kind of got a Mushishi vibe going there too.

The art looks amazing though. Anybody got a link to the one-shot? I missed it.

deadberry
September 19, 2008, 08:53 AM
The art looks amazing though. Anybody got a link to the one-shot? I missed it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?honl7cjitzs

===

looks like we've got our first spoiler pic xD

http://i37.tinypic.com/2qrzwpx.jpg

though it's pretty needless given we have no context or idea about anything anyway xD

Sexy Randal 105
September 19, 2008, 09:17 AM
A kind boy with white high cursed with a power that he must use to help people? Sounds like Allen walker. =P

His hair kind of looks more like Near from Death Note though.

You have to admit that his personality is Allen to a T.

Maxy Barnard
September 19, 2008, 01:55 PM
..... Nah still don't really see it. but then i look at his hair as blue/lilac, joining a very select group of...... Toriko and Ageha. and kinda the protag of bakuman. they are officially a team of blue hairs!

and yeah there's some older near elements i see there.

one the spoiler pic: good god everythings so quaintly detailed!

Quetz
September 20, 2008, 08:49 AM
Guy with hand that has special powers, plus what the other guy said, what more do you need, name tag? :P

deadberry
September 20, 2008, 11:54 AM
what more do you need, name tag? :P

perhaps more than a one shot to base my entire opinion on a characters personality =p

anyway, we have a raw out, yay!

fingers crossed a translation and scan are quick to follow ^_^

Maxy Barnard
September 20, 2008, 01:18 PM
Im' moreso just playing on their minds.

yes, left arm with power and religious tones as a theme, welcome to two things that are in a lot of things: religion and powered up body parts

eni
September 20, 2008, 02:03 PM
Hmmm...

Judging from the first chapter alone, it doesn't appeal to me. I'll give it a few more weeks of course to built up, but I already dislike the setting (and now I remember that I haven't read the oneshot through to the end because of exactly that). The main character is interesting and likeable but I will need to see whether that is enough for me to keep reading ._.

Koen
September 20, 2008, 06:19 PM
I agree with you eni. Of course it is just the first chapter but this one - lemme redefine: the first chapter - doesn't appeal me too. A trans/scan can change a lot, a reason why I won't judge its setting since that's mostly part of storytelling. Raws, I don't understand anything of it. It's strangely but there's something about his art or the boxes flow that I don't like. Can't tell much yet but well let us see what this will give but atm I am dissapointed (this isn't the typical first wooooow chapter)

I'm not on translators level but able to understand the content to some extent, so that was included in my first impression. :sweat

EL_manana
September 21, 2008, 08:32 AM
Oh, I liked it. Very much. I guess it's just because I like alternative-history-religious-symbolic mangas in general. (oh, poor Double Arts Т__Т) The first chapter gave me a completely different impression than original one-shot, though I judge from the RAW. I am not sure, but I liked one-shot more even though main hero there is a clone of Allen. I swallowed it whole and wanted some dessert. In the first chapter hero doesn't look so Allen-ish any more. And his behaviour of being scared of everything even his own shadow is not typical. I'd like to read more about a character like that. The girl's character is a bit new and strange to me and perhaps that is because I can't get rid of the associations with DGM and there are almost no girls like this there. (except For perhaps)
The art is a bit disturbing for some reason and that's strange- I thought nothing is gonna ever disturb my feelings after getting used to Dragon Ball and One Piece art. It is very detailed and that's supposedly good but I get a headache from it. And there is something wrong with that girl's face- it kills me. Well, it's the first chapter.
Anyway that's the series I'm gonna read as long as it lasts. Though I get the feeling it is not going to be long.

Sexy Randal 105
September 22, 2008, 09:32 PM
Wonder if this is gonna have some form of fighting in it.

haya5h1
September 23, 2008, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I was just wondering HOW there was going to be any fighting in it. Well I suppose Rosalee will do a fair bit, but I'm having a hard time seeing Asceplius himself in battle.

I'm always interested in anything that dares to break out of the Jump mold, though I know it probably won't be around for long... cynical much, me? I wish he didn't have a magic hand, though.

Maxy Barnard
September 23, 2008, 01:03 PM
I think the very fact that the main character is unlikely to fight is itself something that might help it garner some popularity

EL_manana
September 23, 2008, 01:13 PM
Well, the main hero has superb surgeon skills and that means he can use knifes perfectly. Though I doubt he would ever kill someone. He is a doctor after all. the one who cherishes human's life so much.

eni
September 23, 2008, 01:31 PM
Ah, there wasn't a proper "I don't kill - no matter what!"-character since Kenshin :amuse

I don't like his wimpy attitude, though. Let's see how he develops.

EL_manana
September 23, 2008, 02:01 PM
Well, Kenshin didn't mind hurting and half-killing people if they overstep the limits of cruelty themselves. But this hero seems to be unable to put even a single little cut on the human's body if it is not in medical cases. Though perhaps that's exaggerating things a bit. After all he doesn't mind Rosalee beating others. I mean in one-shot when they came to operate the girl Rosalee suppressed all resistance of the knight by beating him and it was so natural like they do this all the time- come to different towns, enter the hospitals and after tying the doctors and personnel, cure the patients.

Muddy
September 23, 2008, 06:01 PM
That was a good first chapter. Not great, but intriguing, with plenty of interesting backstory and such to cover, and very sweet at times. The operation part was very cool, and I especially loved the few pages of spreads and full-page pictures. Tooru's art is excellent, that's for sure.

This probably isn't going to do well in the ToC, though, even discounting the whole situation there. Muddy and Double Arts covered similar ground and both got canceled very quickly; sadly I'm not sure this has a much better chance at surviving. Tooru really deserves a break, but I'm not sure this'll get him one...

I do hope it survives, though. It's promising, familiar as it may be. The Buzz / Rosalee duo should make for a lot of fun.

Sexy Randal 105
September 24, 2008, 09:50 PM
I hope it gets scanned soon. I am eager to read it. >_>

eni
September 25, 2008, 02:26 AM
The scan was out before you posted *points to shoutbox* >.>
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39715

deadberry
September 25, 2008, 05:46 AM
yay for scans ^^

I thought that was an enjoyable first chapter, not so keen on how they shifted buzz to being quite so scared from being more confident in the one shot but hopefully rozari beats that out of him fast heh

http://i35.tinypic.com/34gr2on.jpg

Maxy Barnard
September 25, 2008, 06:30 AM
Yeah i'm not big on weak willed buzz, but i reckon they'll pull a mago, and after a few chapters of character building strengthen the hell outta him.
and another good colour page! gotta love em.

also is it me or has the gods eye kinda been fanned over in the first chapter as just a 'hey look i'm using it' thing?

Muddy
September 25, 2008, 07:17 AM
Very nice color page, thanks for posting it. Tooru is great at coloring as well as drawing, clearly.

And yeah Noodles, I'm sure there'll be lots of development with regard to that particular power. It sure was cool when he used it, though.

Akainu
September 25, 2008, 01:31 PM
It's a cool manga as far as one can tell from one chapter.
that whole "teresfoss = assistant" stuff seemed a little constructed (that's been one of the big differences to the one shot right?).

Maxy Barnard
September 25, 2008, 01:46 PM
yeah some of the thigns revealed have soured the sorta awesomeness of the one shot, but itll make it up i'm sure.

rosalee is a fun enough character, and buzz will get there. with that in mind i reckon i can enjoy it just fine :D

deadberry
September 25, 2008, 05:00 PM
rosalee is a fun enough character, and buzz will get there. with that in mind i reckon i can enjoy it just fine

that's my attitude right now, I think I'll be happier in the long run if I get to see Buzz develop early into a more confident character than if he just stayed stagnant as confident in his role the whole way through. At least it gives him room to develop!

anyone else think Rozari/Rosa-lee is almost suspiciously close to Rosary, as in the beads and prayer of catholocism?

squirrellord
September 25, 2008, 07:50 PM
anyone else think Rozari/Rosa-lee is almost suspiciously close to Rosary, as in the beads and prayer of catholocism?

Haha, yeah... you're right. I didn't catch that.
I'll translate her name as Rosary from now on :P (since I plan on doing this series every week).
I spent so much time trying to find a way out of calling "Buzz" "Buzz" that I forgot to look up alternate spellings for her name lol.

eni
September 25, 2008, 08:27 PM
Nope, the first name that came instantly to my mind was Rosalie (pronounced like rosalee). An oldfashioned firstname for females (french/italian origin). Rosary is English and differently pronounced from the European counterparts, I wouldn't have associated that with her last name and the setting :p

Muddy
September 25, 2008, 08:30 PM
Awesome, thanks for signing up to do trans!

I too had to do a double take when I saw his name was バズ. It seems like such a silly name for a shounen main character. But I think I like it. Once you let your mind rid itself of the Toy Story associations, it's all good.

As for ロザリィ, I like Rosalee or Rosalie as the transcription. I see why you think it might be Rosary but it just strikes me as very strange for a name; especially since the church-folk in this series are supposed to be the bad guys. But that's just my two cents.

Sexy Randal 105
September 25, 2008, 10:36 PM
Buzz is a terrible name, but it was an interesting chapter nonetheless. I wish the author luck. I will keep up with it.

haya5h1
September 26, 2008, 07:13 AM
I'm trying real hard not to jinx this by liking it.:XD

As for バズ could it be Baz? As in Baz Luhrmann?

squirrellord
September 26, 2008, 01:13 PM
As for バズ could it be Baz? As in Baz Luhrmann?

Could be. Doing a search for "バズ" on the Japanese Wikipedia brings up only "Buzz" results, but looking up Baz Luhrmann, his name too is spelled "バズ". I guess we just won't know until we see some official art showcasing his name

To that end, who wants Buzz, and who wants Baz?
Also, Rosarii, Rosalee, or Rosary?

eni
September 26, 2008, 01:16 PM
We can do a poll if you want to :XD

*votes for Rosalie/Rosalee since "r" just sounds weird*

Maxy Barnard
September 26, 2008, 01:35 PM
i favour rosalee, but only for consistency with the one shot. rosary sounds nice but doesnt fit

EL_manana
September 26, 2008, 02:32 PM
same here. Rosalee is simply more beautiful^^

Muddy
September 26, 2008, 03:33 PM
Either Rosalee or Rosalie works for me. I don't have much preference between Buzz / Baz either; both sound good.

haya5h1
September 26, 2008, 08:39 PM
I vote for Baz & Rosalie.:)

Any spoilers for this week's chapter yet? I would like to see how long it takes for Baz to catch up to his one-shot personality.

rose
September 27, 2008, 01:58 PM
Looks like the problem of what their name's supposed to be has been solved... The book she holds open says "Rosary Telefos". There's some other interesting names there too: Alexander Pope, Herman Melville, Sophocles, Ferdinand Magellan... And the wanted poster Pare or whatever his name's supposed to be says Buzz's name, but it looks like it might say Bazz Medil Asklepios...

Akainu
September 27, 2008, 02:01 PM
raw is out - better or worth than spoilers?
anyway, my thanks goes to eni for posting it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39973)

fxu
September 27, 2008, 02:06 PM
Well that settles the debate of how it should be spelled.

Rosary Telesfos it is.

Kinda ironic that her name is Rosary.... considering they're being pursued by religion, and she has the name of one of religion's "main" tools/instruments/items (http://www.rosaryprayerguide.com/assets/images/recite-rosary.jpg) (w/e you wanna call it).

eni
September 27, 2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks go to the RAW hunter :XD

God, that smells like the DGM names >.>;

Muddy
September 27, 2008, 04:56 PM
The names aren't especially trustworthy because Asclepius is spelled Asklepios on the poster - and while maybe that's intentional, it'd just be really weird unless Tooru simply didn't know how to spell it the right way.

But Rosary and Bazz work fine; no matter, really.

Akainu
September 27, 2008, 05:28 PM
Asklepios is just the normal transliteration from the greek alphabet - well at least in germany d'oh.
however, I think whether it is wrong or right in RL doesn't matter and we should stick to the way the author wrote it.

eni
September 27, 2008, 06:58 PM
Asklepios is just the normal transliteration from the greek alphabet - well at least in germany d'oh.
Similar to the Japanese transcription systems, the Greek one has also a worldwide norm. The transliteration "Asklēpiós" is correct in every language but there's also the latin form "Aesculapius". However, every language has a "adapted" version which seems to be either based on the Greek or the Latin word (English: Asclepius).

In German we have both: Asklepios (Greek) and Äskulap (Latin). You can, afaik, use both words in German without a difference. As you can see the Latin form pronounces the "A" like the English "A" while the Greek form pronounces it like the German and Japanese "A", which could explain why a certain form is more popular in these languages. Like the Germans, the Japanese as well seem to go with the direct transcription (k and o) of the Greek word - we pronounce it basically the same unlike English speakers. At least, that's my wild guess (and every expert may correct me before I spread more nonsense) after skimming through some pages >.>

アスクレピオス(アスクレーピオス、Ἀσκληπιός (’Ασκληπιός) , Asklepios)はギリシア神話に登場する名医。ラテン語ではアイスクラピウス(アイスクラーピウス、Aesculapius)という。

The katakana for Asklepios also indicate an "o" and not an "u" (a-s(u)-k(u)-re-pi-o-s(u)) while for Aesculapius you have the "u". The "c/k" is debatable, of course.

BUT... we all know that mangaka give a **** about correct transcription, so just ignore me >.>

Muddy
September 27, 2008, 07:48 PM
Hm, indeed. Good points all. I read the translator's comments in Chapter 1 and took it for granted that Asclepius was the 'right' way to spell it... dumb of me, sorry :P

haya5h1
September 27, 2008, 10:26 PM
[spoiler=booooring educational content >.>]Similar to the Japanese transcription systems, the Greek one has also a worldwide norm. The transliteration "Asklēpiós" is correct in every language but there's also the latin form "Aesculapius".[spoiler]
ah~ of course!
I wonder if there's a discrepancy here - the persecuting church is almost certainly the Roman Catholic Church, and therefore THEY should be using the Latin Aesclepius vs the Greek Asklepios - but maybe they're purposely using "Asklepios" to imply Greek = pagan god = bad?

And how nice of the manga-ka to provide romaji so quickly:XD it's like he's asking to be scanlated:3

Akainu
September 28, 2008, 04:43 AM
ty eni, it's not a boring read at all.

so, will Pare (is that the right name? -.-) travell with them or something like that?
I think it's pretty clear where Bazz and Rosary are heading for, but even that might be a hard journey with those knights being near anywhere they go.
I still hope Asklepios will be one of the longer running series, though I can't really imagine where it's going in the long run, perhaps a wartime scenario or a bigger journey like in "The Physician" by Noah Gordon. jumping from generation to generation like JoJo is out of question imo.

edit: on Pare ... is it him (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambroise_Par%C3%A9)

THE KING
September 28, 2008, 04:51 AM
Haven't read the one-shot yet, but by the looks of the 1st chapter it looks good but not too promising imo.

Muddy
September 28, 2008, 09:41 AM
I really liked the second chapter. While in the first Bazz's cowardliness was a little grating, here it becomes endearing, as we watch him chase after cute kittens and almost get run over by stagecoaches... twice :P Rosary is a very cool character, too, and a good assistant to Bazz. They really do make a good pair.

Pare seems rather bland for now but if he is, in fact, going to be following them around, I'm sure his character will be fleshed out.

Once again the surgery was probably the best part. This manga is promising alright. Go go Tooru, hang in there~!

eni
September 28, 2008, 10:24 AM
I admit that I can't get familiar with the surgeries. Guess, I had too much already to find any amusement in it ._.

Well, that chapter was just the same as the first. A meeting, a rescue, a happy end >.>

I hope the next one will be a little different and adds some depth to the plot. I don't want him to meet all the characters through the same pattern.

sylvira
September 29, 2008, 06:35 PM
So far, it's interesting enough. I'm looking forward to the new chapters.

Akainu
October 05, 2008, 02:58 PM
seems like I was right assuming Pare would follow them (not too hard to guess :amuse)

although I have to say, that chapter 3 wasn't that interesting to me, perhaps because I couldn't find a translation yet?
makes it so much better to know what it is about :amuse
good chapter, it's still a bit slow in some parts (introducing the patient etc.) and others go by too fast imo (namely the surgeries). but I hope that gets better the more Buzz character builds up.
also with all those medical stuff in the middle ages - despite its lighthaertedness I think that there should be some sickness not curable with surgery, not to mention death...

deadberry
October 10, 2008, 08:56 AM
chapter 3 was pretty good, i'm hoping we start to get a couple of slightly longer arcs now. I was a bit miffed by the sudden boob jokes but I'm glad it was all tied back into the plot of the chapter (and the rosary bit at the end was amusing xD)

EL_manana
October 10, 2008, 10:24 AM
The end of chapter 3 was hilarious! I am starting to like this manga. Poor Buzz! Rosary's constant screaming makes my ears hurt even though I don't hear her^^ But strangely I began to like her character but once again she is too loud!!! Anyway they are all so interesting!

Maxy Barnard
October 10, 2008, 01:28 PM
one thing of importance to me here is that Bazz's face looks like it did in the one shot when he's calming down during the surgeries. chapters 2 and 3 have sold it to me! i love this series

Saintz0r
October 10, 2008, 04:50 PM
Just finished chapter 3, and I'm liking this new manga :]
I look forward to more chapters

Akainu
October 22, 2008, 05:25 PM
from the looks of it it gets really interesting... a good argument for learning japanese :amuse
[hr]
hmpf, I really want to know who that masked guy was :(
sooo- shall we directly ask in the translators section?

Saintz0r
October 22, 2008, 05:43 PM
Yup, agreed. I need scans/trans o.o

squirrellord
October 22, 2008, 05:59 PM
Once my classes let up, I'll start translating again from Chapter 4 on.
Sorry guys :(
(and, just so you know, I have the same teacher for three different classes. He likes to keep everything on the same schedule, so when I have a 8 page essay due in one class, I'll have 2 more due in the others at the same time =/)

Shurou
October 24, 2008, 10:54 PM
I'd like to help, too, but my schedule is way too hectic, too... oh joys of an engineering major T.T

Akainu
October 26, 2008, 05:42 PM
So ,uch new information and still there is something big to come.
Although with Asklepios low ranking there is speculation it might be dropped ... I don't hope so. :notrust

Meanwhile I have to say Asklepios is pretty educative with all these medical terms :amuse

after rereading all the chapters together I wonder why two female characters were named Laura... what a howler

Quetz
October 29, 2008, 11:28 AM
So far this manga seems to be heading towards boring and repetitive. Random guy X follows random guy Y around proving to random guy Z that random guy Y isn't a total fraud, fantastic.

Kind of miffed me a little when they completely glossed over the surgery in the fourth chapter, since that's the main reason I'm interested in this manga...

Sexy Randal 105
November 01, 2008, 12:15 AM
It's gonna get canned soon anyway. It collapsed in the toc.

Shurou
November 02, 2008, 12:29 AM
Well, right now, Buzz faces one of his arch-enemies, Caligura, so that has to be seen and developed somehow. We know he also has the entire Church after him. He's also got the whole mission with filling out the Byblos, etc. Lots of things that have been mentioned/set up for the future. I sure hope Asklepios doesn't get the boot now :[

Sexy Randal 105
November 02, 2008, 09:38 PM
I am certain it will. If he is already facing his arch enemy, that sets it up for a quick cancellation.

Aphalite
November 02, 2008, 11:21 PM
The series should be safe for now... it was barely in the bottom 5 last week, but we shall see soon... =/

Akainu
November 03, 2008, 02:14 AM
I for one would like to read it before knowing that this guy is one of his "arch-enemies" ...

about the cancellation Uchimizu Tohru already had two series in WSJ that were cancelled pretty soon (like after 12 or 19 chapters). might be a characteristic of that mangaka :tem

Succubus
November 11, 2008, 01:31 AM
wat teh fuk?? what did caligula do to poor laura.. it looks so painful

if I was asklepious I would kill that fucken faggot

caligula is officially on my hate list

Aphalite
November 12, 2008, 03:38 PM
feels like I'm reading episodes of "House" :X

Shurou
November 12, 2008, 04:05 PM
Don't even go there... "House" is better in just about every aspect (except action because there really isn't any) by light-years...

tehgrim
November 12, 2008, 04:42 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?honl7cjitzs

===

looks like we've got our first spoiler pic xD

http://i37.tinypic.com/2qrzwpx.jpg

though it's pretty needless given we have no context or idea about anything anyway xD

is anyone reminded of dexter when they see that picture?

kaloo
November 13, 2008, 10:30 PM
Just a tad... and by a tad I mean yes. Yes I am.

Akainu
November 15, 2008, 06:05 PM
tags, since it's about the recent chapter:
two things:firstly that happy face of evil is getting on my nerves and secondly: with injuries like that Pare could be the first "main" character to die, or someone is going to miraculously save him and they stay in the same place for another two chapters though they are meant to travel... I begin to understand why it's not well received in Japan T.T

Shurou
November 15, 2008, 06:38 PM
tags, since it's about the recent chapter:
two things:firstly that happy face of evil is getting on my nerves and secondly: with injuries like that Pare could be the first "main" character to die, or someone is going to miraculously save him and they stay in the same place for another two chapters though they are meant to travel... I begin to understand why it's not well received in Japan T.T

Spoiler tag for the same reason:

I'm confused... so would you rather have Pare die or not? I say he should... Asklepios can't always succeed, and we've seen enough successes already... or is this where Buzz's "God's Eye" comes in to do some miraculous cure..?

Yeah, I can see why this won't fly for a lot of people...

Akainu
November 22, 2008, 07:42 AM
sorry for not answering that fast:

yes I would rather have Pare die, which seems to have happend if I can believe wikipedia (the chapter title is implying it too tough).
it's an interesting turn in the story and imo absolutely needed from the beginning on to show the "Asklepios" the limits of his ability.

sadly it doesn't get scanned/translated steadily (especially on a WE with early release...) so I don't really know.

so with constantly ranking at the bottom of TOC, do you think it will go on much longer? :(

mith
November 22, 2008, 05:38 PM
when will buzz(fucking stupid name)make a child? i mean he should be getting a son asap cause the young one needs to learn and asklepioses seem to rarely grow older than 3x years

Shurou
November 22, 2008, 05:57 PM
when will buzz(fucking stupid name)make a child? i mean he should be getting a son asap cause the young one needs to learn and asklepioses seem to rarely grow older than 3x years

Come on now, Buzz can't be more than what... 15 years old or something as of now? Let him be at least 18, lol

nxlouco
November 30, 2008, 03:49 PM
Well Pare dies.... :( too bad. But maybe this is like a sign Asklepios will also end soon. I mean the way TOC is going it seems they're going to pack it up soon.....

Akainu
November 30, 2008, 04:13 PM
yh, you're right - it seems as if its coming to an end storywise. although it could easily go on if it would get more love :notrust

nxlouco
November 30, 2008, 04:18 PM
Well too bad that doesn't depend on us...... No matter how much a series is like by our communities we won't make a difference. Going back to topic I wonder what will happen now? I haven't seen chapter 11 RAW yet....

Shurou
November 30, 2008, 06:38 PM
All I've got to say about Chapter 11 is...

WTF?

I didn't want to admit it, but it looks like this series is gonna end soon....

Imitorar
November 30, 2008, 07:46 PM
I figured Asklepios really was getting axed when they encountered the guy who killed Buzz's father this early. Of course, it could just be used to start a feud between Buzz and Caligula, but it doesn't look that way, and such encounters aren't usually had for that purpose. I liked Pare's death, though, I thought it was very well done, quite dramatic. Now I'm really upset that Asklepios is getting axed. I think it deserves a chance to come into its own and develop a real story, and it certainly could use one. However, Shueisha doesn't seem to agree.

pirate-hitman:L
November 30, 2008, 08:35 PM
Pare's death was really shocking!
But I guess this means that it might end soon.

Succubus
November 30, 2008, 08:56 PM
Sengoku, Kain and now this manga?..... dam Touru is really unlucky ><

fluke32
December 02, 2008, 11:49 AM
... All I could ever think of saying now that I've read chapter 11 is... What The Hell???

Well, it truly looks like the manga is about to end BUT! I think everybody is forgetting the fact that there is an important question left to be answered here:

Why ARE Asklepios being arrested as heretics?

This was, and still is, the driving motivation of the manga, and if the question isn't answered in the next coming chapters, I don't see Asklepios ending just yet.

In retrospect, I have a theory here... I believe that the manga won't end in the next few chapters at all as most of us here is feeling. If what I've been told of about these mangaka combo's style is correct, then the next 2-3 chapters should be the true introduction chapters of the manga. The reason being? The Byblios.

I believe that this artifact is the root of all this problem of the Asklepios clan, and the next few chapters are probably going to reveal what is its true purpose. I've had the sneaking suspicion on what the book really stand for, and up until now, my suspicion has steadily increased after each and every release of the manga.

Shurou
December 02, 2008, 01:40 PM
Another presence that I personally have been neglecting is that of Postale. We've barely seen him at all and we really have no idea who or what he is. But I think it's safe to assume that he is another important character in the series, and now may be the time for Postale to do some good (e.g. bring Buzz back to his senses, give the readers a good history of things, etc.)

Akainu
December 12, 2008, 06:15 PM
I somehow just started to not like it... I don't know why, maybe because with #12 there seems to be a way out of that situation with a "plan" (no worry, just the title) or the fact that there has not been any medical talk for the past few chapters... though maybe that is a condition/reason why it's still alive ^^'

Sexy Randal 105
December 13, 2008, 01:32 AM
... All I could ever think of saying now that I've read chapter 11 is... What The Hell???

Well, it truly looks like the manga is about to end BUT! I think everybody is forgetting the fact that there is an important question left to be answered here:

Why ARE Asklepios being arrested as heretics?

This was, and still is, the driving motivation of the manga, and if the question isn't answered in the next coming chapters, I don't see Asklepios ending just yet.

In retrospect, I have a theory here... I believe that the manga won't end in the next few chapters at all as most of us here is feeling. If what I've been told of about these mangaka combo's style is correct, then the next 2-3 chapters should be the true introduction chapters of the manga. The reason being? The Byblios.

I believe that this artifact is the root of all this problem of the Asklepios clan, and the next few chapters are probably going to reveal what is its true purpose. I've had the sneaking suspicion on what the book really stand for, and up until now, my suspicion has steadily increased after each and every release of the manga.

Cuz they tamper with "god's" creations. Duh.

thiagojoe
December 14, 2008, 06:49 PM
Pare's death was really shocking!
But I guess this means that it might end soon.
Hey people, I'm also hanged on to Asklepios and I'd like to begin discussing it here.
Although it is a really newborn series I believe it has a great potential to develop its story. Pare's death sure shocked me, but as Postale took his body I believe there are major misteries hiding in there.
I really enjoyed all those explanations of how Asklepios used modern medicine technics and how people used to cure others in the past. IMO, this was one of the series' high points. If it gets cancelled it will be a shame, because I think the author has made a great plot so far.
I'm very anxious to read chapter 12's Scan!!!

Akainu
December 15, 2008, 05:05 PM
right now it's confusing me a little too much *begsfortranslations*
caligula in a cell? wtf? and the church executed someone to test Buzz medical skills? that sounds about right ... but ... that's the blind alley we've been waiting for imo. well at least there was some medical action again (although there was already an operation on bullet wounds in the beginning -.-')

Shurou
December 15, 2008, 06:21 PM
right now it's confusing me a little too much *begsfortranslations*
caligula in a cell? wtf? and the church executed someone to test Buzz medical skills? that sounds about right ... but ... that's the blind alley we've been waiting for imo. well at least there was some medical action again (although there was already an operation on bullet wounds in the beginning -.-')

Well, that time he only worked on one... this time, he did 8 at the same time!! Very Shounen, but nonetheless, epic enough for me

Akainu
December 16, 2008, 04:44 AM
well, you're right it's very shounen ^^
also about the title: is "スピード" = "speed"? just wondering because supido kinda sounded italian to me ... or maybe it's just another puntitle

eni
December 16, 2008, 08:19 AM
well, you're right it's very shounen ^^
also about the title: is "スピード" = "speed"? just wondering because supido kinda sounded italian to me ... or maybe it's just another puntitle
'Speed' is correct and shouldn't have a pun intented. That's just the normal Japanese way to write it (sp(u)iid(o)) :nod

momodaisuki
December 20, 2008, 09:41 AM
Yup, eni's right: It's just plain "speed". But lol the shonen style surgery is very shonen indeed :XD Ch 13 was pretty interesting too; Shall try to get it done asap ;)

Haha sorry for the late release. The TL for ch 12's (http://mangahelpers.com/t/momodaisuki/releases/7959#comments) out :D

Ohh, so Uchi's the one that wrote Kain. I missed the ending but I thought it was a pretty gd story. Now that I think of it, Caligula's kind of like Kain's bro and Rosary is... well... like that little old man robot? (Jiiya?) :XD

Akainu
December 20, 2008, 02:46 PM
yeez, how lame :eyeroll
"when the biblos is filled 'something' will happen" turns out to be: "the Medils will be removed from the list of heretics" *facepalm*
sorry but that just sounds extremly dumb forced

renrutal
December 20, 2008, 03:26 PM
Chapter 13 preview words talk about a final battle.

Yet another Jump title gone already.

Maxy Barnard
December 20, 2008, 03:31 PM
I officially despise Asklepios.

and not for being a poor series. Just when i had gotten past it failing to live up to the one shot and falling rapidly to the bottom, it decides to have the best final arc it could have i hadn't even considered as a possibility.........

Akainu
December 21, 2008, 01:18 PM
next issue = last chapter?
there is a pretty long note at the end of chapter 14 which together with this weird guy gives me the above impression. I mean ... the protagonist stabbed and the note at the end roughly "the imminent death of Buzz!!" though the following part should rise hope I guess <.<' but *meh* why am I still writing ?

ryusuke_
December 21, 2008, 01:59 PM
Just another chapter? These ending happenings could at least last a bit more than that...

Rainier
December 21, 2008, 09:40 PM
I officially despise Asklepios.

and not for being a poor series. Just when i had gotten past it failing to live up to the one shot and falling rapidly to the bottom, it decides to have the best final arc it could have i hadn't even considered as a possibility.........

Hahahahaah

Believe me, I didn't like the way the series were going and then BAM! Best ending it could EVER have.

haya5h1
December 22, 2008, 10:22 AM
My money's on Buzz operating on himself. I wonder if there'll be dingoes watching.

Shurou
December 22, 2008, 04:00 PM
I literally said "What the fuck, man" after I read the last page... Damn that old man....

shrimpy
December 22, 2008, 08:19 PM
is ch15 confirmed to be the last?

next chapter preview text is:
"Bazu on death's door! this final flicker of light will illuminate the deep darkness of the world!"

thiagojoe
December 22, 2008, 08:41 PM
Is it going to end so fast??? I believe we fans deserved more than just one chapter to explain everything the author made up, like 'god's eye' and all that stuff...

fizban
December 22, 2008, 10:53 PM
I read the first 13 chapters of this today because I saw this topic and figured a new series wouldn't be bad. It's kind of a bummer to find a new series and be told that it's ending all within a short period

Onomatopoeia
December 23, 2008, 10:46 PM
Someone tell me that this series isn't going to end so soon. I was hoping this would be a longer series resembling Neuro in that a lot of "mini-mysteries" with big important arcs that center around mysteries in some way that take lots of chapters. At least thats the way it seemed to be heading to me.

That means a lot considering I wrote a huge essay on the Spanish Inquisition which pretty much disagree's with how a lot of things are being portrayed.

@Fizban: ...VU?

fizban
January 04, 2009, 07:13 PM
It doesn't seem like 15 is the final chapter. I'm glad about this, but knowing that it could be cancelled at any time is a bit disheartening. Team Medical Dragon isn't close to being up to date with their scans so I was hoping this could fill my desire for medical manga

VU?

eni
January 05, 2009, 07:27 AM
You could try Saijou no Meii (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=18733) which is actively scanlated but I guess SnoopyCool could need a hand ^^;

Most other medical manga (Black Jack ni Yoroshiku (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3593), Godhand Teru (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=713), ect) were dropped early. If you like it mature and psychologically Monster (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=127) could also count and is a highly recommended must-read manga anyways. If you like mostly the anatomically drawings you could try MPD Psycho (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1403) for the explicit (!) murders but these can be very disturbing. Definitely not recommended for younger readers.

Hmm... can't think of any other on the spot *think*

Akainu
January 05, 2009, 10:00 AM
How about Franken Fran (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=15181)? there should be a thread somewhere but it's not in the drop down. it's more horror though and hasn't much to do with 'human' anatomy <.< (thus too NOT for younger audience)

thiagojoe
January 05, 2009, 12:07 PM
Any news on chapter 15??? Raw is out but i rather wait for a scan/trans...

Someone tell me that this series isn't going to end so soon.
Hope you arte right, Onomatopoeia.

ItzRayz
January 09, 2009, 12:12 AM
The raws have indeed been out for a while. I'm just waiting on a translation before i finish up the scans.

fizban
January 18, 2009, 04:21 PM
I feel awkward wondering if there will be a new chapter each week or if it will be dropped suddenly. At least we got a 16th chapter

thiagojoe
January 19, 2009, 07:53 AM
So far it has been going on... if only I could read japanese I would understand the texts, hehehe!!! Hope it does not end too soon.

Akainu
January 19, 2009, 08:39 AM
they fled vatican and encountered caligula again at which point there was a flashback about the telesfos hideout... I'm sorry to say so, but that really seems like the last fight since everything necessary has been done storywise to end it;
just some things with minor importance were left- until now. such as what exactly is postale, how does god's eye work or won't there happen anything else when biblos is full.
other than that it's imo very sad that they didn't reach their hide-out in a glorious doublespread but in a flashback... the story was simply much too rushed after they knew it doesn't work with readers, which is a bad thing when the author has a story to tell <.<

thiagojoe
January 19, 2009, 08:13 PM
i am sorry to hear that, Akainu. It's a shame it didn't do well with japanese readers and the story had to hurry.
At least they didn't cancel the title while it is running a long arc, because that would have been very disappointing, having misteries hidden forever...

Shurou
January 28, 2009, 06:35 PM
Oh, momodaisuki, where art thou to supply the poor souls who yearn for Asklepios translations?

Well, for those that can read the RAWs, how about that for some double-whammy pwnage on Caligura!!? Looks like the series will live on for some time, no? I hope the series continues until they fill up the Biblos... but nvm, then that'd take too long... As long as Asklepios doesn't get axed prematurely :\

thiagojoe
January 31, 2009, 07:54 AM
I can't wait to read chapter 17 either. I heard Mx0 ended without a conclusion to the history. Hope the same thing does not happens to Asklepios.

Asklepios operating on himself was sure a thrilling chapter. Lots of things were kind of shortened but i hope the series goes back to a normal pace.
[hr]

Oh, momodaisuki, where art thou to supply the poor souls who yearn for Asklepios translations?

Well, for those that can read the RAWs, how about that for some double-whammy pwnage on Caligura!!? Looks like the series will live on for some time, no? I hope the series continues until they fill up the Biblos... but nvm, then that'd take too long... As long as Asklepios doesn't get axed prematurely :\

Caligula's fate was some deserved one...:p
Asklepios saving him was kinda expected, but a good plot anyway. Caligula's final smile gives me some bad feelings...
Postale putting all those balls on the cannon was... *wootz* :D
Couldn't read a line of he chapter, hope the trans explain sometihings like Rosary's feelings.
Can't wait for the scan...

fizban
February 01, 2009, 02:46 PM
Was 18 the last chapter or 19? I am kind of bummed that the series ended, but that is the fate of series in jump. At least we got to see some cool stuff during the Vatican part

Maxy Barnard
February 01, 2009, 03:50 PM
it ends this week coming... and then meisters at risk *cries*

Muddy
February 01, 2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah, 19 will be the last chapter.

I just read 4-16 in a single sitting ... this manga became incredible. It makes sense, I suppose, but I didn't expect it at all - Uchimizu had to show his cards now or never. Clearly no one suspected how amazing everything he had planned was, since they let the series sink to the bottom of the ToC... and since most canceled series don't end with a glorious bang like Asklepios does I suspect all the more that this is Uchimizu's last time in WSJ. Which, as it turns out now, is a huge shame.

Still, Asklepios will go down in history (in my version of history, anyway) as one of the absolute best canceled manga to have graced WSJ's pages. It may not have been consistently fantastic like Double Arts was, but this final arc (starting with ... actually, though obviously the best stuff is in the latter bit, I'd say with the introduction of Caligula) is definitely one of the most kickass I've read in just about any shonen. It's very impressive that Uchimizu could draw me into his world and its characters so deeply after only a few chapters...

I'm looking forward to 17, 18, and 19 for sure.

Maxy Barnard
February 02, 2009, 04:32 AM
i agree on when asklepios became good. it's only when caligula appeared that the post one shot coward personality actually worked. at all

thiagojoe
February 02, 2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah, 19 will be the last chapter.

I just read 4-16 in a single sitting ... this manga became incredible. It makes sense, I suppose, but I didn't expect it at all - Uchimizu had to show his cards now or never. Clearly no one suspected how amazing everything he had planned was, since they let the series sink to the bottom of the ToC... and since most canceled series don't end with a glorious bang like Asklepios does I suspect all the more that this is Uchimizu's last time in WSJ. Which, as it turns out now, is a huge shame.

Still, Asklepios will go down in history (in my version of history, anyway) as one of the absolute best canceled manga to have graced WSJ's pages. It may not have been consistently fantastic like Double Arts was, but this final arc (starting with ... actually, though obviously the best stuff is in the latter bit, I'd say with the introduction of Caligula) is definitely one of the most kickass I've read in just about any shonen. It's very impressive that Uchimizu could draw me into his world and its characters so deeply after only a few chapters...

I'm looking forward to 17, 18, and 19 for sure.
So Sorry to hear chapter 19 will mean the end of the series. I think alinke you, Muddy, although it was short, the series got me into the story so deeply I believe it could have more and more chapters; but eventually it would become annoying some day.

I'm going for chapter 18's raw, hoping someone translate chapter 17 and the others before the series gets forgotten by everyone... And i believe it deserves an anime, even if it's just a movie or an OVA...

Dante Julius
February 04, 2009, 09:05 AM
We, Nihil Sine Nefas, should get another chapter out pretty soon. We'll probably finish the rest of it since it doesn't look like there are any other takers and it's just 3 chapters. We're finishing up 17 and we've done a bit of work on 18. No raw for 19 yet.

Muddy
February 04, 2009, 01:29 PM
Well, that was awesome. From the misfire to the healing to the backstory set-up... ahh, so good. The next chapter is going to be the flashback, I presume - I know it at least starts with one (courtesy of s-manga's Jump preview page).

It's fitting that Postale finally got involved. I love his character and though I doubt we'll be given any explanations regarding him (though hopefully 19 will reveal this big "secret of the Biblos" thing) I'm glad that he finally responded to Buzz and Rosary's anger at his straddling-the-fence.

I'm looking forward to the last two; thanks for the scanlation!

thiagojoe
February 04, 2009, 02:26 PM
Thank you Nihil Sine Nefas for Scanlating the last chapters for us fans. I'm sad because the series is ending so soon but glad to know that other people enjoy it as much as me. Thanks you all!!!

Onomatopoeia
February 04, 2009, 09:46 PM
This is going to sound extremely juvenile but the last panel on chapter 17 seemed kind of...yaoish?

But a great chapter over-all. Felt the fact that he was saving him to punish him was a little bit cliche but it was well pulled off.

Dante Julius
February 04, 2009, 10:20 PM
This is going to sound extremely juvenile but the last panel on chapter 17 seemed kind of...homoerotic.

But a great chapter over-all. Felt the fact that he was saving him to punish him was a little bit cliche but it was well pulled off.

If you look closely you'll see "E/N: this panel seems way more homoerotic than it's actually supposed to be. sorry...", so we felt the same way. However, I think that it's better than the other possible translation "violating my body!"

Saintz0r
February 05, 2009, 08:01 PM
The last five or so chapters were really good! I was already accepting that Asklepios would end, but now I really want it to keep going ><

kim09
February 05, 2009, 11:52 PM
I hate it when they end the series that I like!! Hopefully Meister will not meet the same fate as Asklepios. Does the first page of chapter 18 signifies something, anyone?

Maxy Barnard
February 07, 2009, 06:46 AM
chapter 18 is fucking sinister if viewed for what it is. giving someone the fate worse than death, whilst they can do nothing but lament it over and over. even for caligula that was creepy.

and ahahaha oh uchimizu tohru knows how to fuck over the naysayers with buzz finally becoming his one shot personality and look! wahahahaha. ah it's like bakuman said, slow paced manga aren't given the chance to let their characters get strong

Muddy
February 07, 2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah, Asklepios was the first thing that came to mind for me too (with regard to the Bakuman reference).

Another awesome (and, indeed, haunting) chapter. The first half about Caligula was disturbing; we get to see a bit more of that bishop's personality too (saving an orphan not because he's good-hearted, but because he's a selfish, ambitious bastard). Those two pages in which Buzz and Rosary see the empty bed, after which we're shown Caligula dragging himself away almost gave me shivers. Powerful stuff.

I love the ending of the chapter too. Buzz and Rosary are such a wonderful duo and it upsets me that we won't get to see their relationship develop any further. Also, Postale is awesome; the chapter's last page is fantastic.

I love Uchimizu Tohru.

Imitorar
February 08, 2009, 12:25 AM
I have to agree, this week's Bakuman chapter made me think of Asklepios immediately, though I thought of Double Arts at the same time. I'm shocked that the chapters after Pare's death couldn't attract an audience, the series went from "has potential" to "dramatic brilliance" around there, in my opinion. I'm hoping that Uchimiza Tohru will come back to Jump soon, and this time with a series that has all the drama and intrigue of Asklepios, but one that also gets an audience this time. It seems that a lot of famous manga-ka have had their first series fail (I've learnt that much from following Stranger Ataru's translations), and I'm hoping that Uchimizu is one of them.

Muddy
February 08, 2009, 12:35 AM
The problem is that this is Uchimizu's third series, and both his previous ones crashed and burned immediately as well. I get the feeling Jump may not let him back again.

And I think the only reason the post-Pare chapters happened is that Uchimizu knew his series was doomed - this was clearly meant to be a final arc, or at least one considerably farther along than the series was.

Shurou
February 08, 2009, 05:38 AM
Uh.. so Pare's alive? A bit of fan-service, I suppose...

What a disappointment for this series to end like this... This one really could have gone a lot farther... :(

I did like Rosary's hair, though xD And "Postale"'s intervention was pretty epic... I didn't even notice him the first time.. !

Akainu
February 08, 2009, 06:33 AM
so was Postales mystery solved in the end? I didn't really get it from just looking at the pictures of the last chapter (19) - which btw. is a rather lame end to go "there" again

Tanequil
February 08, 2009, 08:44 AM
Waa.... I liked Asklepios a lot. I found it really well done and even chilling in some scenes... And now it's cancelled. There goes my weekly dose of real drama.

Ah well, I hope Uchimizu Tohru gets another chance! I'd love to read his mangas again. :)

Crude
February 08, 2009, 09:44 AM
Uchimizu Tohru should do a monthly series in my opinion. That way he wouldn't get cancelled so prematurely.

Maxy Barnard
February 08, 2009, 01:05 PM
or jump needs to reform it's ideas on how series promotion actually works

Akainu
February 08, 2009, 01:23 PM
well with Meister too being on the brink I think that's a very plausible possibility!
not that I see any future for Tohru doing Shounen with serious themes...

Shurou
February 08, 2009, 03:39 PM
so was Postales mystery solved in the end? I didn't really get it from just looking at the pictures of the last chapter (19) - which btw. is a rather lame end to go "there" again

Yes, the mystery is solved indeed... Colbro is Postale... -____-

fizban
February 08, 2009, 05:26 PM
Had the series been allowed to continue, that probably wouldn't have been revealed for volumes.

I'm sad to see this series go. Doubly so if it is really the author's final chance in Jump. Maybe he should go to one of the "rival" magazines where they'll give him a chance to lay the groundwork

Dante Julius
February 11, 2009, 07:48 PM
We got the last chapter out. Hope you liked these series while it lasted.
http://mangahelpers.com/s/nihilsinenefas/details/12164

fizban
February 11, 2009, 08:15 PM
Thank you so much for doing the series for us.

I am not thrilled that the series had to end so suddenly, but there are worse ways you can end a series. The other series which weren't cancelled better pull their weight now

thiagojoe
February 12, 2009, 01:43 PM
I really enjoyed it!!! Thanks all the translators and scanlators (and raw providers too) who put their work in providing is the chapters!!!

Akainu
February 12, 2009, 05:34 PM
Do you think that we might get some extras in the tankōbon? I mean it was such an open end to show Pare coming home at the last page ... not that I believe we would ever get tank scans for a dead series T.T

Alexandrius
February 12, 2009, 05:44 PM
^I doubt it. They've got material for three Tankobans, don't think they'll be adding more. Shame though, series started out good. Didn't progress as good as I'd want though, probably due to the dropping and shit.

Maxy Barnard
February 12, 2009, 05:46 PM
did we get 25 chapters? cause that's three volumes. expect some extras or very small volumes

Imitorar
February 12, 2009, 06:18 PM
Asklepios has 19 chapters. I dunno how they got 3 volumes from that, I just figured that volume 2 would be rather long, at 11 chapters. 11 chapters for a volume isn't so much, and assuming that the first volume probably had 8 (though 9 might have been better, considering when Pare died), I would think that 11 chapters for a second and final volume would be the best way of arranging the Asklepios tankobon. I don't know why or where from Jump is putting out a third volume. Maybe it will be loaded with extras that explain where Uchimizu was GOING to go with the series...

thiagojoe
February 13, 2009, 06:07 AM
I didn't even expect it to be released in tankobon, so even if it's one or two volumes it'll be nice!!! Where'd tou get that info from??? Is it official or just rumours???
Some extras would be really nice, but i don't think it'll compensate the fact that the series was rushed and prematurely cancelled. It's a shame.

Maxy Barnard
February 13, 2009, 08:45 AM
everything gets tanko releases, its officially 3, with 2 and 3 out in april together.

thiagojoe
February 14, 2009, 07:07 AM
Thanks, Noodles. I have just read the final chapter's scan and saw the info in the last page. :p
I really hope it'll have extras!!!

Muddy
February 21, 2009, 10:17 AM
Talk about a kickass last chapter. Had all these interwoven mysteries actually been given time to unfold properly, this series would have been even more incredible. Damn shame.

I'll definitely be buying the volumes.

YamazakiSusumu
February 21, 2009, 11:06 AM
I have the first volume. It only has 6 chapters because the first two chapters are so long. You have to take that into consideration. :)

hakuba
July 21, 2010, 02:23 AM
the story is very interesting,but where is the Chapter 11 ?it's no end?