PDA

View Full Version : Neo's One Piece 515 Chapter Review

neomaster121
September 20, 2008, 06:18 AM
Well time for the One piece 515 review hope you enjoy

How Cute

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/1-9.jpg

Well after CP9 excessive force and with no one thanking them it’s a shock for the rest of the cp9 to see their only female member being so thanked by a little girl with a flower. I wonder what Oda doing next with the Cp9.

Just… Whoa

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/2-9.jpg

Well these women know how to keep an island looking nice, Oda drew this scene quite well, giving us a nice glimpse into the world of the amazons especially if it’s only for a quick arc, how they built those houses in rock I will never know but its all looking good. All the females seem to have similar clothes styles. What’s more interesting is that these women go out to find men to get pregnant, what happens to these men they leave behind? lol sanji would have wanted to meet a few of these Amazonians, he’s going to be so heartbroken.

What a Women

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/3-9.jpg

Well Oda’s done well to show off that every women on the island due to not having men around had to muscle up and do everything for themselves, what I really like is this message that goes in the picture above. “Strength equates to Beauty.” This message may actually be a foreshadowing forecast, well done by Oda, on the characters soon to arrive on this island. But by the message I hope he’s not trying to say that the attractively drawn women on this island are weaker than the ugly ones.

The message on men who arrive on the island, whoa well that’s just so unlucky for luffy, it shows that luffy can’t stay long on this island but with Luffy’s quirky attitude, I’m sure luffy wouldn’t do anything to offend them... would he?

Luffy knows How to entertain
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/4-9.jpg

Hahaha so after standing completely naked in front of a whole room of women they literally take his description of his balls for truth. Man these women reactions are so funny but especially the one just below the word "gorgeous" who seems to be smiling. Margaret who seems to be given the main focus by Oda asks if she could cut his balls open to take out his gold lol, Oda are seems to be taking this manga into the X rated section.

Well Luffy naked and imprison it’s good to see his focus is still on his nakama, but I can’t help but think luffy’s giving these girls are pretty bad representation of men, with one actually writing down that men arms actually strength.

After wearing the clothes brought by Margaret who I think will be a future crew member luffy has yet to realise that he’s on a women only island and that the clothes she’s made for him, well she wouldn’t have known that men don’t wear womanized clothes.

Well I guess luffy doesn’t appeal to these women

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/5-9.jpg

Well that was kind of fast but as a pirate it’s expected that you won’t make friends with all the inhabitants of the island. What I like best about the scene is Margaret also bringing out her snake bow and arrows. It’s nice to see how these snakes are used. Whether they are used as other weapons or not I’m unsure but their use as bows seem quite well thought out by Oda and quite original compared to the other crew members fighting styles.

Breaking the Rules… Again

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/6-9.jpg

Well as I thought Oda is moving this story along pretty quickly, as some of you last week told me that it was unlikely we'll have a crew member increase well this scene is yet another major hint that 1 if not all of these girls mentioned, Margaret, sweetpea, aphelandra maybe joining luffy’s crew.
The princess would not forgive any of them even if they thought luffy was a girl, and it makes me think that it’s not easy to get into the main city of the amazons without help. So they will be punished alongside luffy now we all know there is no way luffy would let people die for him just because they saved his life.
I now also think that Margaret and the two other girls are close friends and I’m sure they wouldn’t let each other be punished without trying to do anything.

Luffy knows how to make the great escape

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/7-9.jpg

Well after escaping prison luffy is confronted by one of the 3girls who saved his life, aphelandra, Oda you’ve done it once again, using her breast as a bouncy pad to escape her attack, just so funny, and after all the high tempo serious action its nice Oda is going back to comedy.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/8-8.jpg

Well with nothing to loose and without his vivre card luffy kidnaps Margaret, not surprising, especially if Oda wants to have this girl joining the crew. She could make the clothes for nami and Robin as fighting with her bow an arrow. Ussop and her fighting side by side, but Oda hasn’t made this clear yet that she may join considering luffy only grabbed her knowing that she was the one with his clothes and most likely knowing where his vivre card is, why luffy was thinking so clearly and smartly well that’s something only Oda would have the answer to.

Who’s been spreading lies?

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/9-8.jpg

Well the Women seem to have weird ideas on men and to be so hostile towards men something must have happened in the past. This snake princess they were talking about may have something to do with how and why the women are the way they are, I can’t wait for this to be explained, but more importantly in luffy’s eyes he picked the right girl.

She kept his vivre card and honestly luck seems to have favoured luffy quite well. Oda giving Margaret and luffy some one on one action, which is great to see as a sign that she maybe joining the crew, also her bringing out the danger shows that she maybe more than just a bow-women that I earlier assumed.

What she says about only the strongest women are on the emperor’s ship suggests that Margaret isn’t the strongest around but no matter.

Her name is Boa Hancock

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/10-5.jpg

Well what a great chapter, things have moved along quickly but not seemingly rushed. Boa hancock, my bets are that she’s lola’s mother, or a shichibakai. Her being a shichibakai may make luffy avoid fighting her since he already put his crew through a lot. Also Margaret saying she’s the most beautiful makes me thing she maybe be the strongest but the ugliest women alive. It would also explain why lola was looking for a husband.

I myself think that second ship is just part of Boa fleet, if it was new then the women watching the ship arrive would have said something about it.

Rating 9 out of 10

A very funny chapter and I’m looking forward to next week

Prediction

I think the focus will be on luffy and Margaret maybe building luffy a ship while the Amazonians are looking for them with boa arriving on the island soon.

comments of improvement are always apprieated.

Mr.Popo
September 20, 2008, 07:10 AM
Well as I thought Oda is moving this story along pretty quickly, as some of you last week told me that it was unlikely we'll have a crew member increase well this scene is yet another major hint that 1 if not all of these girls mentioned, Margaret, sweetpea, aphelandra maybe joining luffy’s crew.Last week you predicted that all nine current crew members will hire one or two new crew members each. That make 9-18!!! new members in an instant. That is too impossible to be possible, even for Oda.

Now we are talking about, lets say, one new member: Margaret. And i admit that she has everything one needs to become a new member (although i still belief she look a bit too similar to Nami).

Boa hancock, my bets are that she’s lola’s mother, or a shichibakai.It might be a rebellious action from Lola's side, but did you consider that Lola's crew purely consists of MEN. I at least couldn't spot a single woman around her. Not what you expect from the daughter of the amazon princess.

neomaster121
September 20, 2008, 07:50 AM
Last week you predicted that all nine current crew members will hire one or two new crew members each. That make 9-18!!! new members in an instant. That is too impossible to be possible, even for Oda.

Now we are talking about, lets say, one new member: Margaret. And i admit that she has everything one needs to become a new member (although i still belief she look a bit too similar to Nami).

It might be a rebellious action from Lola's side, but did you consider that Lola's crew purely consists of MEN. I at least couldn't spot a single woman around her. Not what you expect from the daughter of the amazon princess.

yea i thought about lola and her crew its 1 of my reasons why i think her mums boa hancock
and it could be as you said she was rebelling against her mother which maybe why she had a men only and wants to get married instead of pregnant anbd just come back home

and when writing this review i tried to point of many things which i saw which did hint towards magaret at least joining the crew

but we have yet to see the other crew stories and with those i'll be proven right or completely wrong
but it wouldn't be as instant as you've said
luffys arc seems to be going to un for 3+ more chapters at least of not more
if oda does this for all then who knows what will happen

shoe
September 20, 2008, 02:52 PM
and when writing this review i tried to point of many things which i saw which did hint towards magaret at least joining the crew

but you don't seem to understand the difference between one person joining the crew and 9 (in this case, functionally identical) people joining the crew.

and your logic behind margaret's friends joining is lacking at best, they're her friends so they should join? in that case why didn't the chefs from the baratie join, as they were sanji's friends, or why didn't the people from cocoyashi village join because they were nami's friends? by your logic everybody the strawhats have ever had a favorable relationship with should join because they were all friends.

neomaster121
September 20, 2008, 02:59 PM
but you don't seem to understand the difference between one person joining the crew and (in this case, functionally identical) 9 people joining the crew.

and your logic behind margaret's friends joining is lacking at best, they're her friends so they should join? in that case why didn't the chefs from the baratie join, as they were sanji's friends, or why didn't the people from cocoyashi village join because they were nami's friends? by your logic everybody the strawhats have ever had a favorable relationship with should join because they were all friends.

and we only seen one story so far but maybe im too quick to hope for 9 members but people seem unwilling to even think of the idea of more people joining from this arc.

and yea i know about the friends joining was lacking quite a bit but going on the link between the 3 and the being punished i'd thought luffy wouldn't let them die but i wouldn't be surprised if margaret took full blame for luffy and was punished alone, thus beign saved by luffy n maybe her joining well thats what i thought may happen but i did point out the friendship with margaret and the other 2 which may lead (for their safety) her leaving with luffy

gao_dargon
September 20, 2008, 10:28 PM
i like the shichibukai theory, for she has a animal theme like all shichibukai do (exept BB)

winddial
September 21, 2008, 05:55 AM
Last week you predicted that all nine current crew members will hire one or two new crew members each. That make 9-18!!! new members in an instant. That is too impossible to be possible, even for Oda.

What about the SH crew collecting new crews for companion ships? If they are drawn into the Whitebeard war, they might need more than one ship. Few of the battles are naval actions, most take place on islands. Last naval actions were the escapes from Enies Lobby and Water 7, unless you count the anchor attack at Sabaondy Archipelago as well.

Mr.Popo
September 21, 2008, 06:42 AM
What about the SH crew collecting new crews for companion ships? If they are drawn into the Whitebeard war, they might need more than one ship. Few of the battles are naval actions, most take place on islands. Last naval actions were the escapes from Enies Lobby and Water 7, unless you count the anchor attack at Sabaondy Archipelago as well.
Read this again (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/09/).
They are on an adventure, not out for war, conquering or anything else that needs a big armada.
Sometimes it would be nice or even necessary to have a larger crew or an armada of ships, but that are alway circumstances they neither plan to do nor really want to do. In those cases they could always count on the help of there friends or other sort of companions (Franky Family is the best example for what you want).

winddial
September 21, 2008, 09:18 AM
They are on an adventure, not out for war, conquering or anything else that needs a big armada.
Sometimes it would be nice or even necessary to have a larger crew or an armada of ships, but that are alway circumstances they neither plan to do nor really want to do. In those cases they could always count on the help of there friends or other sort of companions (Franky Family is the best example for what you want).

I think we are pretty much agreed: the crew are more likely to attract independent friends than lots of crewmembers. Luffy likes to be surrounded by friendly groups that might grow into rivals, but needn't. As long as those other crews share his view of live and let live and don't get into his way, he will no only tolerate but also support them, and when there is need for it, he will accept alliances. Even with formerly hostile groups like Mr.2 or Franky Family, even more so with types like the Galley-La carpenters.

From the setup, there is a major conflict growing, and while Luffy won't hesitate to go against whatever power in his way, he will accept help in removing obstacles on his way to the final villains.

The interesting question now is, who will Luffy regard as the final villains in the arc that was begun on Sabaondy Archipelago?

As much as he would like to overcome an admiral, I think that this time he is after the Tenryubitu and whoever organizes the human trade. His real trouble is that the Tenryubitu as arch-villains are not in any way fighters on his level, and all he can fight are their minions, whom he even can respect for doing their duty. An interesting dilemma, something fairly new in the series. (First such archvillain was Spandam, and he a personal nemesis of Robin.)

I think that the power level of the major characters is about to max out any time now. Luffy may still have a long way to reach his maximum capabilities, but he is unlikely to meet individual opponents that are much tougher than the admirals, shichibukai, yonkou, or leader characters of Elbaf. Both he and his crew are individually still quite a long way from that power level, but I think that this is a feature rather than something to be amended - the Strawhats are supposed to be tough underdogs overcoming their challenges through pain and cooperation, even though it usually falls to Luffy to deal with the final villain. As usually after a couple of bad starts, giving his crew the opportunity to shine, then fail against the final villain, but preparing the ground for their captain by eliminating all the psychological and intellectual traps he is bound to fall for.

I wonder where and when we will meet Buggy again. Should be any time now...

neomaster121
September 21, 2008, 09:56 AM
i like the shichibukai theory, for she has a animal theme like all shichibukai do (exept BB)

yea thats quite true and bb well hes going to leave them eventually so i guess thats why he has no animal name references

well thats how i see it a group of 10 can't beat every one realisticly and i don't want to see one piece go too dbish and i think Oda is planning a crew enlargement, yes many don't agree and i accept this and i guess i won't mention much about it from now on until its preety much confirmed or proven wrong and at that time i'll admit being wrong or being right

yes but for luffy to reach is dream the most free man in the world must have no one who can do anything to him, luffy isn't at that stage yet

I think we are pretty much agreed: the crew are more likely to attract independent friends than lots of crewmembers. Luffy likes to be surrounded by friendly groups that might grow into rivals, but needn't. As long as those other crews share his view of live and let live and don't get into his way, he will no only tolerate but also support them, and when there is need for it, he will accept alliances. Even with formerly hostile groups like Mr.2 or Franky Family, even more so with types like the Galley-La carpenters.

From the setup, there is a major conflict growing, and while Luffy won't hesitate to go against whatever power in his way, he will accept help in removing obstacles on his way to the final villains.

The interesting question now is, who will Luffy regard as the final villains in the arc that was begun on Sabaondy Archipelago?

As much as he would like to overcome an admiral, I think that this time he is after the Tenryubitu and whoever organizes the human trade. His real trouble is that the Tenryubitu as arch-villains are not in any way fighters on his level, and all he can fight are their minions, whom he even can respect for doing their duty. An interesting dilemma, something fairly new in the series. (First such archvillain was Spandam, and he a personal nemesis of Robin.)

I think that the power level of the major characters is about to max out any time now. Luffy may still have a long way to reach his maximum capabilities, but he is unlikely to meet individual opponents that are much tougher than the admirals, shichibukai, yonkou, or leader characters of Elbaf. Both he and his crew are individually still quite a long way from that power level, but I think that this is a feature rather than something to be amended - the Strawhats are supposed to be tough underdogs overcoming their challenges through pain and cooperation, even though it usually falls to Luffy to deal with the final villain. As usually after a couple of bad starts, giving his crew the opportunity to shine, then fail against the final villain, but preparing the ground for their captain by eliminating all the psychological and intellectual traps he is bound to fall for.

I wonder where and when we will meet Buggy again. Should be any time now...

well im unsure we will see buggy anytime soon, but maybe he will use the wb vs ace incident to mess about and get a bounty increase

well indivual groups of people following the crew well thats sounds like a crew number increase espcially if they help out in fights

winddial
September 21, 2008, 10:10 AM
well im unsure we will see buggy anytime soon, but maybe he will use the wb vs ace incident to mess about and get a bounty increase

I don't think that the SH will enter the New World before encountering a yet meaner and more enraged Buggy. This guy sort of marks the start of a new phase.

well indivual groups of people following the crew well thats sounds like a crew number increase espcially if they help out in fights

The difference is that while these characters may shine during an arc or two, they are going to leave again, keeping the total number of focus characters managable. With currently 9 permanent crewmembers (counting Luffy) everybody's spotlight time is reduced, since the major villains all get their spotlight time, too (usually there are about three villains and maybe two or three non-crew friends being kept track within an arc, too many more and narrative tension becomes impossible to maintain).

These extras are like recurring guest roles in soap operas. On the villain side, Buggy and Albeda are such. The friends and kin left behind intermezzos after a new raise in bounty are close to busting page limit of a manga episode even now, too...

Mr.Popo
September 21, 2008, 11:33 AM
well thats how i see it a group of 10 can't beat every one realisticly and i don't want to see one piece go too dbish and i think Oda is planning a crew enlargement,

I totally agree with you, but it is not necessary to have a large PERMANENT crew to achieve this.
Allies like Franky Family and the Flying Fish Riders could fill this role very well. On top of this it would bring more variation into the story! If SHs need a big crew, they temporarily get one with fresh new characters to surprise us.

well im unsure we will see buggy anytime soon, but maybe he will use the wb vs ace incident to mess about and get a bounty increase.

I don't think that the SH will enter the New World before encountering a yet meaner and more enraged Buggy. This guy sort of marks the start of a new phase.
I want to see Buggy as well. I always thougth he meets the SHs again on the Grand Line, but i don't think it will happen in the New World, so this is probably the last chance.

IF the second, smaller ship which heads toward Lily IS actually Shanks, i belief we will see Buggy as well.

It is hard to identify but the bow of the smaller ship could be Shanks viking bow. (Personally i don't belief in this theory, but who knows...)
So, what about Buggy? If Shanks will make a appearance and meet Luffy, i belief Buggy will meet Zorro and Nami. Why? Because of this page (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/506/17/): Luffy is reacting to the name Shanks and Zorro/Nami to the name Buggy.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
September 21, 2008, 11:54 AM
Hmm, seems that Oda-sama likes to shake our thoughts about Margaret joining Luffy. When we first saw her, we were like: DONE! NEW CREWMATE DONE! SHE A GIRL MUST JOIN DONE! This week however, when she revealed some info about Boa Hancock, we were like, aww she's part of a crew already. Then now, she's spending alone time with Luffy, and we all know where that usually ends up: YAY SHE FRIENDS WITH LUFFY DONE! SHE HAS TO JOIN NOW DONE! Really schitzophrenic stuff there.

Goji
September 22, 2008, 03:43 AM
Boa hancock, my bets are that she’s lola’s mother, or a shichibakai. Her being a shichibakai may make luffy avoid fighting her since he already put his crew through a lot. Also Margaret saying she’s the most beautiful makes me thing she maybe be the strongest but the ugliest women alive. It would also explain why lola was looking for a husband.

Well I think Hancock must be a real beauty after all, 'cause it's stated by a crewmember of Lola before -> second picture of the page (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/)
Ok, I know, it technically says that a mermaid is even more beautiful than Pirate Empress Hancock, but doesn't it mean she must be beautiful as well? ^^

About her being Lola's mother; I don't think so. She must still be hanging around in the New World 'cause Lola said she came from her mother, from the New World: again same page, 5th picture (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/).
EDIT: On second thought, it is even very well possible that Luffy is already in the New World now, right? We don't know in which direction Kuma shot him. So now I don't know what to think about her being Lola's mom anymore. >_>

But it definitely is a possibility that she is a Shichibukai. If she's already back, it must mean the fight with WB is already over... Which is only logical, since it's been 3 days, no?
EDIT: Now that we could be in the New World, it's even a possibility that Boa Hancock is even stronger than a shichibukai. She could be one of the four 'emperors', the Yonkou. Aaah, it's so logical now isn't it: Boa Hancock is one of the Yonkou (again I refer to the second picture of this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/) page. See the word 'Empress'.
And now it's also logical why the second ship looks like Shank's ship, maybe he wants to hold a meeting with her. Two yonkou talking about the WG's fight with WB. Must be an interesting chat.

Fhew, sorry about my rambling, feels like I had an epiphany or something. ^_^;
But really, now I don't know anymore. Anything could be true/could happen at this point of the story. I could definitely be wrong about the Yonkou-Shanks-theory. I'm sure Oda will once again surprise us all in the end!

Ow, one last thing: nice review. Keep it up!

neomaster121
September 22, 2008, 10:43 AM

The difference is that while these characters may shine during an arc or two, they are going to leave again, keeping the total number of focus characters managable. With currently 9 permanent crewmembers (counting Luffy) everybody's spotlight time is reduced, since the major villains all get their spotlight time, too (usually there are about three villains and maybe two or three non-crew friends being kept track within an arc, too many more and narrative tension becomes impossible to maintain).

These extras are like recurring guest roles in soap operas. On the villain side, Buggy and Albeda are such. The friends and kin left behind intermezzos after a new raise in bounty are close to busting page limit of a manga episode even now, too...

well its true if the focus was the same as the orignal 9, but i don't think after these mini arcs future crew members would be highly developed and thats only if we see new members, as most said its more likely we might see 1 (that being margaret) join

I totally agree with you, but it is not necessary to have a large PERMANENT crew to achieve this.
Allies like Franky Family and the Flying Fish Riders could fill this role very well. On top of this it would bring more variation into the story! If SHs need a big crew, they temporarily get one with fresh new characters to surprise us.

I want to see Buggy as well. I always thougth he meets the SHs again on the Grand Line, but i don't think it will happen in the New World, so this is probably the last chance.

IF the second, smaller ship which heads toward Lily IS actually Shanks, i belief we will see Buggy as well.

It is hard to identify but the bow of the smaller ship could be Shanks viking bow. (Personally i don't belief in this theory, but who knows...)
So, what about Buggy? If Shanks will make a appearance and meet Luffy, i belief Buggy will meet Zorro and Nami. Why? Because of this page (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/506/17/): Luffy is reacting to the name Shanks and Zorro/Nami to the name Buggy.

well i think the crew will meet buggy but together in the new world, but you bring up good points on why we may see him before that, but there's still 1 stop of which the crew as a group may meet buggy and thats on fishman island, i don't think we'll see him in any mini stories but in fishman island maybe

i personally don't think it's shanks why shanks would be running from a single shichibakui makes no sense whats so ever why shanks would leave the battle makes no sense and why shanks would get followed by 1 shichibakai if he was weakened an not a whole fleet makes no sense. So i think its just the ship which have the rest of boa hancork's crew

well with the crew things i know im 1 of a few who think the crew maybe increase, again i wouldn't mind a sub crew which following an enter fights without much story development but i think the new members i think are joining will get their development here and now and won't get as much development as the original 9 but we would see interaction, as i believe that we will be seeing more travling on the ocean storylines rather than island based storylines

Hmm, seems that Oda-sama likes to shake our thoughts about Margaret joining Luffy. When we first saw her, we were like: DONE! NEW CREWMATE DONE! SHE A GIRL MUST JOIN DONE! This week however, when she revealed some info about Boa Hancock, we were like, aww she's part of a crew already. Then now, she's spending alone time with Luffy, and we all know where that usually ends up: YAY SHE FRIENDS WITH LUFFY DONE! SHE HAS TO JOIN NOW DONE! Really schitzophrenic stuff there.

yea it's true shes part of boa hancocks sub crew but it seems like she may recieve punishment for luffy and that maybe death, or banishment or something completly different, but any punishment on the extreme due to helping luffy i don't think luffy would just go seperate ways from her

this punishment mentioned went further to confirm the she will join theory

Well I think Hancock must be a real beauty after all, 'cause it's stated by a crewmember of Lola before -> second picture of the page (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/)
Ok, I know, it technically says that a mermaid is even more beautiful than Pirate Empress Hancock, but doesn't it mean she must be beautiful as well? ^^

About her being Lola's mother; I don't think so. She must still be hanging around in the New World 'cause Lola said she came from her mother, from the New World: again same page, 5th picture (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/).
EDIT: On second thought, it is even very well possible that Luffy is already in the New World now, right? We don't know in which direction Kuma shot him. So now I don't know what to think about her being Lola's mom anymore. >_>

But it definitely is a possibility that she is a Shichibukai. If she's already back, it must mean the fight with WB is already over... Which is only logical, since it's been 3 days, no?
EDIT: Now that we could be in the New World, it's even a possibility that Boa Hancock is even stronger than a shichibukai. She could be one of the four 'emperors', the Yonkou. Aaah, it's so logical now isn't it: Boa Hancock is one of the Yonkou (again I refer to the second picture of this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/) page. See the word 'Empress'.
And now it's also logical why the second ship looks like Shank's ship, maybe he wants to hold a meeting with her. Two yonkou talking about the WG's fight with WB. Must be an interesting chat.

Fhew, sorry about my rambling, feels like I had an epiphany or something. ^_^;
But really, now I don't know anymore. Anything could be true/could happen at this point of the story. I could definitely be wrong about the Yonkou-Shanks-theory. I'm sure Oda will once again surprise us all in the end!

Ow, one last thing: nice review. Keep it up!

Well all the theories you'be mentioned are possible, n i had a feeling that nami would be the one to meet lola's mum so maybe she isn't lola's mum, and its true luffy maybe in the new world, but i've not really like that idea as going from the new world then going back would be a bit strange so i preety much think shes most likely a shichibakui, but nowing Oda theres a chance it maybe something completly different, haha

well thanks
but i don't think this review was a good as i normally write and i hope to improve for the next chapter

Mr.Popo
September 23, 2008, 05:21 AM
I like our discussions about crew increasements.

well with the crew things i know im 1 of a few who think the crew maybe increase,
In my opinion, many think the crew will increase further, but only by one or two.
With the 9-18 (or even more) crew member increasement, you are indeed a minority in the same way i'm a minority in my wish that NO crew member will be added to the SHs

again i wouldn't mind a sub crew which following an enter fights without much story development but i think the new members i think are joining will get their development here and now and won't get as much development as the original 9 but we would see interaction, as i believe that we will be seeing more travling on the ocean storylines rather than island based storylines
Similar to Shanks Crew?
Not that i can't live with it, but as i said before: probably a bit boring, because on EL we had the Frankys as some sort of sub crew, now we have the FFRs: new, fresh, exciting.
If the FFRs will join, we ALWAYS have the FFRs, and the need for other fresh new characters to help decreases.

And there is another problem i see: the story or better the basic principles of the SH crew.

No one ever entered because they liked or where thankful to Luffy or one of the others. Every member has a so called dream they want to achieve, they gain something when they are part of the crew they might not gain somewhere else. Only wanting to be a pirate won't suffice to join.
And the SHs are not a crew of subordinates, but of friends, so just hiring won't suffies as well.

This makes it not impossible for whole sub crews to join, but more difficuilt.

I agree with you, that in the past and most likely in the future the SHs need a bigger crew, for supporting duties and holding off the minor enemies (e.g. Kokoro + Franky Familie), while the core crew can concentrate on the main enemy.
But we disagree in the time span. You like to have a PERMANENT sub crew (or something similar), i like to have TEMPORARY and changing sub crews.

neomaster121
September 23, 2008, 12:46 PM
I like our discussions about crew increasements.

In my opinion, many think the crew will increase further, but only by one or two.
With the 9-18 (or even more) crew member increasement, you are indeed a minority in the same way i'm a minority in my wish that NO crew member will be added to the SHs

Similar to Shanks Crew?
Not that i can't live with it, but as i said before: probably a bit boring, because on EL we had the Frankys as some sort of sub crew, now we have the FFRs: new, fresh, exciting.
If the FFRs will join, we ALWAYS have the FFRs, and the need for other fresh new characters to help decreases.

And there is another problem i see: the story or better the basic principles of the SH crew.

No one ever entered because they liked or where thankful to Luffy or one of the others. Every member has a so called dream they want to achieve, they gain something when they are part of the crew they might not gain somewhere else. Only wanting to be a pirate won't suffice to join.
And the SHs are not a crew of subordinates, but of friends, so just hiring won't suffies as well.

This makes it not impossible for whole sub crews to join, but more difficuilt.

I agree with you, that in the past and most likely in the future the SHs need a bigger crew, for supporting duties and holding off the minor enemies (e.g. Kokoro + Franky Familie), while the core crew can concentrate on the main enemy.
But we disagree in the time span. You like to have a PERMANENT sub crew (or something similar), i like to have TEMPORARY and changing sub crews.

yea well i agree with your post and maybe my rush of members was a bit of a rash idea, and maybe the crew will increase more gradually and maybe not as much as i've said but we all will wait and see

and simular to shanks crew but far less in number, about the number i've stated is roughly the finally size in my opinion rather than a gradual increase to the size, i say this cause i don't think we will see many new members as they head to their final destination