PDA

View Full Version : Neo's One piece Chapter 517 Review

neomaster121
October 04, 2008, 05:40 AM
Well it’s Saturday morning and time for yet another One piece review hope you enjoy reading it.

So its now Chapter 517 and Luffy’s adventures have taken yet another random turn of events this is the 4th chapter with luffy being the main focus

The Cp9 heading out… as pirates?

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/1-13.jpg

So after the last week's colour spread we are back with the cp9 and they have taken the just defeated pirate's ship for themselves. I know that they want to head back to water 7 but maybe they will travel the 7 seas as pirates living life on the new side of the coin.

Celebrations begin

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/2-13.jpg

I can’t help but wonder, would they be celebrating her return if they knew how willing she was to allow all of these people around to be killed due to her lack of wanting to be a warrior and go into battle. It just shows how highly appreciated and loved Boa Hancock seems to be but is this love for false reasons?

After their arrival we get an idea of where they have been all this time, but what’s more interesting is momoga allowed them to get away with all his cargo. Maybe alone he wasn’t strong enough to stop her entire crew with getting what they want, but I’m sure he’s still waiting for boa’s return.

How Rude

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/3-13.jpg

This woman has no respect for others, as a woman you’d think having children make a statue for her would make her happy, but she destroys it as she believes its beauty doesn’t match her own. She’s quickly becoming an even more of a nasty character.

Even with her rude and selfish ways she’s seems to have noticed the lack of her warriors around in the village. It’s good to know Margaret is part of these warriors it shows that she isn’t weak even though she has yet to join Boa hancock’s main crew. But with Hancock so quick to despise the work of children I don’t know what she will do finding out Margaret and her 2 friends helped a man get into the village and saved his life.

Ahhhhhh she’s so, not fooling me

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/4-13.jpg

Well it comes to light that the old lady isn’t old and senile and knows what’s going on. Hancock goes further to make excuses on why she doesn’t want to go. Now it’s the “I’m Scared” act. But as I said last week, Hancock had to become a shichibukai do avoid her home island being targeted by the world government. Yet now she seems to have no care in the world for what happens to her home island. With vegapunks advancements in technology the calm belt is no longer protection for these women.

Whoa she’s so up herself

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/5-13.jpg

What a joker, she thinks she has absolute power over others and everything because she is beautiful, how she got into that mentality I may never know. The old ladies crystal ball gag was jokes though. “Get going,” I can’t help but think she put the message up herself. So this old woman is the late late late Empress Gloriosa. You can only imagine how Gloriosa feels as she watches the current empress willing to destroy the island for her own selfish vain reasons.

But it’s revealed that Gloriosa left the island, years ago I wonder who she was with at the time of her departure. About 22 years ago, when a certain Gold Rodger was a round where was Gloriosa, hmm? If she was in her 30/40s well she aged horribly. But on a serious note if she left the island to follow Gold Rodger I think this is yet another hint as to what will happen with Margaret.
Plus with a corrupt leader in charge it maybe Margaret needs to leave the island see the world with luffy and come back to take control over the village. (Just a theory)

If all Kuja warriors can survive falls like that well they must be strong

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/6-13.jpg

So in her rage Boa Hancock throws Gloriosa outside her palace window. This is a huge fall for anyone let alone an old women, but Gloriosa lands with such grace and Boa is forgiven for her crimes yet again. Of course doing such a thing meant for Boa hancock, that she deserved a Bath. During bath time everyone nearby needs to stop what they are doing and leave why's that?

The mystery Around Bath time

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/7-13.jpg

So these 3 sisters supposedly defeated this gorgon and for doing so they were cursed with the ability to turn people into stone. I think this is a lie. When she turns the marines into stone it was more as if she was using a devil fruit power. I believe the sisters have made this story up to allow boa to bath without worrying of interruptions of enemies who could attack when her powers shouldn’t work, while she’s bathing. I believe the other 2 sisters are there to back her up just in case someone made it that far.

Cause then no one would know that eyes were on these ladies backs, and plus we still yet to see the sisters turn anyone into stone except for Boa hancock. Strength is Beauty and if they found out she lied i don't think she'll be so beautiful.

Yes Luffy, Thinking makes people sick

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/8-11.jpg

1 thing I’ve continually like about the current events is the humour luffy’s character has on the story. Jumping of a huge wall because he has been thinking too much, that just made me laugh, and we all know how serious one piece can become, it just makes me really appreciate the comedy when it does arrive. Also it's a nice break before the next string of serious events happens with ace's excecution date on the horizon.

Is luffy a secret peeping tom

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/9-11.jpg

This close up on Boa is awesome, and as I thought luffy didn’t turn to stone looking at her back. She’s in water and so her abilities aren’t working that’s that. But what’s on her back that luffy’s seen before well that’s anyone’s guess. Actually maybe it’s something to do with whitebeard, or maybe Boa hancock and her sisters were not as warrior like as they thought.
All I know that everything luffy’s done on this island is something Sanji may kill to do, its funny but serious at the same time, and luffy already seeing what’s on Boa’s back, and Boa seemingly already angry with him, I’m sure luffy will be leaving this island on the marine or pirate ship within the next 5 chapters

Rating
A nice 7 out of 10
We get some good background story on the islanders and luffys comedy is a nice touch. The pace is quite nice making things seem longer than they really are, kind of surprised this was only the 4th chapters with luffy being the main focus, but i'm a bit more interested in the next weeks chapter than this week but still yet another good chapter

Predictions

Well I predict luffy will be caught again and soon to be executed on the island. I believe Margaret will intervene and the 2 will be banished and luffy will be gifted to Momogoa as something to make him leave her out of the war as well as allowing her to keep her status. I believe all the crew members in their mini stories will end up going to aces execution.

gao_dargon
October 04, 2008, 02:01 PM
nice review neo,and as for Gloriosa (wich by the way means glorius in spanish) "prediction" in the crystal ball, she did write it herself, if you look at the panel you can see her holding a tainted brush, do you think Luffy can beat Hanckok?? i thing he will atleas unmask her to the tribe, and i know this sounds totally bogus but maybe, just maybe, Dadan is from this island?

winddial
October 04, 2008, 03:42 PM
[center]Celebrations begin

I can’t help but wonder, would they be celebrating her return if they knew how willing she was to allow all of these people around to be killed due to her lack of wanting to be a warrior and go into battle. It just shows how highly appreciated and loved Boa Hancock seems to be but is this love for false reasons?

There is one very straightforward reason to welcome the only ship there is on the island back: without it, there will be no more plunder from outside of the Calm Belt, less food, fewer weapons, etc. This doesn't have to do anything with Boa Hancock, although her role in providing these things - like obtaining the Marine ship cargo - certainly helps making her acceptable, despite her personality that is only balanced by her use of devil fruit powers. Her hesitation to fulfill the contract of a Shichibukai - whatever the reason - might endanger the treaty. Going against Whitebeard might attract his (or some other yonkou's) attention to the island, which is about as bad as the Marines coming in force.

I expect Hancock to go to the battle, but hold back, waiting to see who will come out ahead, and then choosing sides. And using her devil fruit on whoever calls her responsibility.

neomaster121
October 04, 2008, 04:12 PM
nice review neo,and as for Gloriosa (wich by the way means glorius in spanish) "prediction" in the crystal ball, she did write it herself, if you look at the panel you can see her holding a tainted brush, do you think Luffy can beat Hanckok?? i thing he will atleas unmask her to the tribe, and i know this sounds totally bogus but maybe, just maybe, Dadan is from this island?

Well thanks
the crystal ball was yet another funny moment
but i don't think luffy will beat hancock, she should be able to use haki so i think after dealling with him she will want to keep him quite but i do believe margaret may be the one to discover the lies of Boa

There is one very straightforward reason to welcome the only ship there is on the island back: without it, there will be no more plunder from outside of the Calm Belt, less food, fewer weapons, etc. This doesn't have to do anything with Boa Hancock, although her role in providing these things - like obtaining the Marine ship cargo - certainly helps making her acceptable, despite her personality that is only balanced by her use of devil fruit powers. Her hesitation to fulfill the contract of a Shichibukai - whatever the reason - might endanger the treaty. Going against Whitebeard might attract his (or some other yonkou's) attention to the island, which is about as bad as the Marines coming in force.

I expect Hancock to go to the battle, but hold back, waiting to see who will come out ahead, and then choosing sides. And using her devil fruit on whoever calls her responsibility.

Yea true, but as i said i think they are celebrating the arrival of their queen more than the arrival of new cargo

gao_dargon
October 04, 2008, 10:25 PM
don't think luffy will beat hancock, she should be able to use haki so i think after dealling with him she will want to keep him quite but i do believe margaret may be the one to discover the lies of Boa

well, while it is true she is a haki user, the same could be say to soru and all rokushiki user in general, if Luffy get the trick on haki he might be able to defet Hancock, and as we all know Luffy is a compleat idiot, but a genius when it comes to battles and observation of tecnics so thats why i think he might have a chanse, and about Margaret, she might discober Hancock secret but it will be a big shock to her, and if the secret does get out, im preatty sure it will be Luffy the one to un cover it

haruka9
October 05, 2008, 09:25 AM
Nice review ^__^!! I guess Hancock is mad because someone has seen a flaw on the beauty she's so damn proud of. She is seen as the epitome of beuty and yet, she has this odd feature on her back, that, for an arrogant and vain like her, that makes her physique imperfect. And like you said, her power to turn people into stone is not working since she's in the water.... so Luffy is really lucky in that sense..... But the biggest mystery here is Luffy's familiarity with the eyes....

neomaster121
October 05, 2008, 10:09 AM
well, while it is true she is a haki user, the same could be say to soru and all rokushiki user in general, if Luffy get the trick on haki he might be able to defet Hancock, and as we all know Luffy is a compleat idiot, but a genius when it comes to battles and observation of tecnics so thats why i think he might have a chanse, and about Margaret, she might discober Hancock secret but it will be a big shock to her, and if the secret does get out, im preatty sure it will be Luffy the one to un cover it

Yea in the long run i would say that luffy wouldn't loose in battle against this women especially if he learned some basic haki usage but right now in the pool i don't fancy his chances. Luffy seems to only be able use haki due to his rubber body so in the water he won't be the rubber guy we know while she can still increase her power with haki punches, luffy will be sure to link this to what sentoumaru was doing to him

Nice review ^__^!! I guess Hancock is mad because someone has seen a flaw on the beauty she's so damn proud of. She is seen as the epitome of beuty and yet, she has this odd feature on her back, that, for an arrogant and vain like her, that makes her physique imperfect. And like you said, her power to turn people into stone is not working since she's in the water.... so Luffy is really lucky in that sense..... But the biggest mystery here is Luffy's familiarity with the eyes....

Thanks
didn't think she might have a flaw on her back that she might hate so much that she would lie so no one would see it, nice idea
but as you said luffy has seen whatever is on her back before and that makes me think its more than just an average uhly thing that hancocks vanity won't acknowledge

Aikidoka
October 06, 2008, 09:53 PM
Hmm...if Haruka's theory is right...

We all know how Luffy's "recognition" of Duval's face turned out. Maybe the same thing'll happen. If we take the image of those eyes as true, then Luffy would probably compare that to a cartoonish drawing of eyes that he saw somewhere, or even drew. Oda might be doing this as a cliffhanger, and not for anything significant.

Mr.Popo
October 07, 2008, 03:37 AM
Hmm...if Haruka's theory is right...

We all know how Luffy's "recognition" of Duval's face turned out. Maybe the same thing'll happen. If we take the image of those eyes as true, then Luffy would probably compare that to a cartoonish drawing of eyes that he saw somewhere, or even drew. Oda might be doing this as a cliffhanger, and not for anything significant.
That would be too repetitive and absolute unnecessary for Oda to create a cliffhanger.
I agree with neomaster here, it can't be something as simple as a flaw.