PDA

View Full Version : Were Doctor Kureha and Hiluluk Pirates?

delapaz13
October 05, 2008, 08:38 PM
i was just thinking they both have cherryblosssom flags errr... cherryblossom designs in their clothing...

Imitorar
October 05, 2008, 10:37 PM
No. We know for sure that Hiluluk was a thief (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/143/04/). He became a doctor after he was mysteriously healed from an illness by seeing cherry blossoms, and because the cherry blossoms inspired him, and he respected the meaning and commitment behind a pirate flag, he made a cherry blossom Jolly Roger. Kureha, from all indications, was just a doctor the whole time. I haven't seen cherry blossoms on her clothing, but if they were there, I would say it was as a mark of respect for Hiluluk, or perhaps because she deep down shared his dream too, even if she doubted it and clothed her belief in cynicism.

Absolutio
October 14, 2008, 11:34 AM
I don't know.. A "Thief" can be just another word to describe a pirate. I think that it's possible that Hiluluk was a former pirate, and that's why he was so proud of the pirate flag.

Imitorar
October 19, 2008, 11:24 PM
I don't know.. A "Thief" can be just another word to describe a pirate. I think that it's possible that Hiluluk was a former pirate, and that's why he was so proud of the pirate flag.
But... then why wouldn't Oda have called him a pirate? If he called him a thief, he meant that he was a land thief, and not a bandit or a highwayman either. A thief. They have different connotation, and Hiluluk's "past profession" was called by a different word then the usual word for pirate, kaizoku.

deffkryz
April 02, 2009, 09:59 AM
From the WG's point-of-view, everybody that uses a Jolly Roger as a symbol is a pirate. So Chirurg (<- hiruluk is nothing but the Japanese transscription) was a pirate till death.

But Kureha? I haven't seen any Jolly Roger on her behalf - it was Chopper who wanted to have it raised on Wapol's former castle. So I don't think she was a pirate at all...