PDA

View Full Version : Haruka's One Piece Review: Chapter 518

haruka9
October 10, 2008, 10:36 AM
ONE PIECE CHAPTER 518: BATTLE ARENA

I got delayed in writing my review for this chapter and even missed doing the previous one due to the new release of one of my favorite manga/anime series that has been in controversial hiatus for a very long time. Because of my excitement, I got quite preoccupied with new events that unfolded and characters’ progress…. Which urged me to the inevitable reminiscence of the entire arc. This long manga marathon made me so disturbed (with some of the unexpected events) and so excited for its next chapter that speculations and expectations poured on my mind like a heavy rainfall. Anyway, I’m back to the real world now, and clearly back with my weekly dose of One Piece review.

Home Sweet Home
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3258/firstxz8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Last chapter, we saw the former CP9 agents using the Candy Pirates’ ship as a vessel for their cruise. Initially, I thought they would go for a long naval journey as a means of embarking on a new life they embrace. It could also signify that their feature arc was about to end since their departure to Saint Poplar was a vivid vision of biding farewell to the readers who have come to adore and love them. On the other hand, the last cover feature is actually a prelude to another form adventure that lies ahead. This time, they arrive, not in another strange territory, but in the place which first bore them. Their homeland, as what the title indicates, offers them to go back to the life they once have. It might be a simpler one, but it clearly provides them astounding betterment and even atonement. In real life, people who have gone too far as to get what they desire, but find regret instead, usually go back to where they start as a tool for changes. I guess, CP9’s return to their homeland mirrors this idea and I can’t wait to see the beginning of their new lives.

Sexy Back?

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9641/secondhr0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Contrary to Hancock’s physical appearance, she possesses an obnoxious, arrogant personality who looks down on people she discerns as inferior. Her vanity has gone to a distant measure as to destroy a thoughtful token made from those who worship her, simply because it was made of clay. Another notable thing shown from the last chapter is Oda’s showcase of the famed Gorgon curse from Greek Mythology – only he displays it in a creative way. The three sisters have eyes on their back, a curse they gain after killing a monster. As the Kuja warriors state, the eyes can turn anyone to stone the moment they land a glance on it. This fact, however, is not kept a secret among the warriors because they see it as pride. Since the quality of beauty is comparable to the idea of power to them, Hancock becomes much worthier of their respect and admiration because she, along with her sisters, defeated a monstrous creature back then. On the contrary, I think the sisters, especially Hancock, perceive this curse as a flaw, not as a pride. She has been known as the epitome of beauty and knowing that there is an irregularity to what seems a perfect splendor may be seen as a flaw. Of course she will never want anyone to know that she actually looks at it like a shameful quality, which is why she forbids anyone to accompany her during her bath. If an individual is forbidden within the premises of the castle during her bath because Hancock might turn her into stone, then it goes against her nasty nature. Though she is nicer compared to the Marines and Grandma Nyon, I don’t think she is caring enough to think and be actually concerned about the welfare of her followers. Besides, arrogant that she is, she would have been damn proud of the eyes on her back since it’d be a tool for more prodigious worship to her. To sum it up, she doesn’t want anyone to see those eyes because she is ashamed of it.

Finally, the aforementioned encounter between Hancock and Luffy came, but it happened at the worst possible scenario. He “deduced” that the leader would be inside the castle so he planned on entering its premises. However, he accidentally landed on her bathroom, giving him a full vision of her controversial back. There are two controversies which arouse right after this event: (1) Luffy’s familiarity with the eyes; (2) he remains in his form, without any hint of turning into stone at all. Knowing his tendency to take nonsense objects seriously, his acquaintance with the eyes can just be another episode of comic relief. On the other hand, if it actually comes from a serious matter, like another person who possesses similar eyes, then it can serve as a link between Hancock and Luffy. It can be a direct connection or maybe a common friend. The second idea is the mystery of his immunity to the said stone curse. This triggers us to think that this curse can be discerned like an extension of devil fruit, where its effectiveness becomes limited in water. Or, it can just be a rumor, spread by the sisters in order to cover up the imperfection of their so-called flawless beauty. If this case is legit, then my speculation regarding Hancock’s perception of the eyes as a shameful flaw becomes corrct. There is another interpretation about Luffy’s immunity to the curse, but I’ll explain that later.

Mero Mero Deflection
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3909/thirdaf9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This proves that not everyone can be persuaded by beauty alone. I bet all readers have speculated that Luffy wouldn’t be swayed by mere seduction, though the seductress was drop-dead gorgeous. This scene proved that. (Congratulations to all of us!!!! ^__^) Kidding aside, his invulnerability to such seduction turns much handier than we anticipate. Like Usopp’s impenetrableness from Perona’s Negative Hollows, Luffy remains in good condition because of his pure character. He doesn’t have perverted and flirtatious thoughts like other resident perverts. This can also be another factor as to why he stays immune from the stone curse. The eyes at Hancock’s back might have effect on someone who adores her. Since he is composed against any seduction her appearance can present, he deflects the stone curse and the Mero Mero attack.

Luffy's Defense
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5425/fourthqz9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

As Luffy gets captured and delivered to the battle arena, Margaret stands as Luffy’s lawyer as her honesty and attachment to the latter give way to support his pleading. Despite the lack of details in his explanation, Luffy remains honest all the time, making him more sincere to things he says. This is perceived by Margaret, especially during the time when they were alone in the jungle, and this leads her to stand up and take the courage to defend him, even if it means standing against the impeding wrath of Hancock. Aside from putting herself into bigger risks, her action of breaking the silence also displays the attachment she gains with him even in the shortest span. While it is true that her integrity as a person drives her to admit that she is responsible for Luffy’s intrusion to their village, I strongly believe that it is the attachment that truly motivates her to tell the truth. Luffy’s openness and his fervent wishes to see his nakama have influenced and touched her, which was why she uttered back in the past chapters that she couldn’t be attached to him (it’s tantamount to denial being your form of defense mechanism). This convinced her even more that there isn’t any mark of lies in what he says. I firmly believe that it’s her attachment that stands as the root of her action…. If she doesn’t feel any form of bond towards him, she’d prefer to stay silent and won’t dare to risk herself. It’s the type of bond that Luffy (and the others) has shown – the kind of which, it pushes you to stand firm with ardor and fortitude. Another point that supports my idea is Kikyou’s action where she stays on her seat, keeping her silence while she is one of the people who help the three to deal with Luffy’s poisoned body. She doesn’t feel any significant connection with Luffy nor have deep bond with the three, so the lack of attachment put her in a situation where she chooses to save herself instead.

Getting Stoned
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5444/fifthrp6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

While there is more to Margaret’s admittance than pure honesty, Sweet Pea and Aphelandra decides to stick with the former by displaying their sense of honesty and bond with her. In their minds: “If Margaret risks herself into this, and so are we.” They try to defend themselves with their innocence of Luffy’s gender – which is the truth. If Hancock were only a benevolent leader, then the three might have been spared. Their appeal is just, since they have been deprived of the knowledge in regards with men. Unfortunately, Hancock is nowhere near kind, and much to Margaret’s dismay, her attempts to save her two friends remain futile. As expected Hancock stays nasty, judging them like big-time criminals whereas the others think of them as threats to the reputation they’ve established as fierce female fighters.

Luffy's Sense of Nakama
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2602/sixthqy3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

It is very easy to for Luffy to develop a sense of bond towards people, especially towards those who have been nice to him…. Especially on a time like this where his own nakama are nowhere in sight. Even if the three women went on a chasing rampage against him, the thought of saving his life and defending him against the others’ cruel and narrow judgment suffices, developing a form of bond with them. As his saviors turn into stone, Luffy realizes that it is his turn to break the silence, making him fight against this Bacura (though it is predictable that it only takes a simple punch from him in order to defeat this so called frightening executioner). He even reasons out his sense of “nakama” amidst all the women who remain blind from the harshness of their leader. Their culture vastly influences them to stay close-minded, and more importantly, it is their foolish admiration towards Hancock that urges them to lose their sense of judgment.

Dancing with the Snakes
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9506/seventhrd9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

As his will and sense of nakama keeps on being unbent, he sees the truth much clearer, saving him from Hancock’s pathetic excuse for her nasty actions. This is where she becomes more convinced that he will not bow down on her beauty. She then assigned her sisters, who act more like bodyguards, to finish him off. Of course, Luffy will get the victory to punish those who have twisted set of principles like what he did to other villains, but I am convinced that this fight is more powerful compared to his previous ones. After realizing that he cannot defeat Admiral Kizaru, Sentoumaru, and the Pacifista (and even Kuma) and losing his nakama one by one, it will be hard for Luffy to really pull himself together. Even if he becomes cheerful as this arc progresses, the misery he feels is still apparent. He mentions some names of his nakama and their job in Sunny (“If Franky is only here….” And “But nah, Nami’s not around. I’ll get lost alone.”) not because he’s contemplating, but because he misses them. After a series of running, he suddenly finds three nice people who express similar bonds with him, making him feel that he is not alone. So, this fight against the Gorgon sisters (who have showcased the extent of the curse) will stand as a means for Luffy to make up for what he lacks in Shabondy. He wasn’t able to truly defend and protect his nakama against the adversaries in Shabondy Island, so this time, he will definitely defend the three against the harshness of the sisters and their culture.

Conclusion:
What I like about this chapter is the subtlety of the characters’ action such as Margaret’s breakage of silence, Sweet Pea and Aphelandra sticking out to her, Kikyou’s short, but meaningful comment, and Luffy’s will to fight and defeat them. While I expect him to defeat the younger Gorgon sisters, I surely want to see how he’ll do that (with his new-formed conviction). This fight will also showcase the power that the Gorgons possess, which can prove that the Gorgon curse does not only lie at their backs…. That there is more to it than a shameful flaw…. Or maybe, their change into snake forms and the power they’ll wield are the things that truly comprise of this curse.

omniscientone
October 10, 2008, 12:43 PM
Great review, though I have an opposing view on one thing. I still believe that the eye tale is made up by the three sisters, especially since Luffy seems to have seen what was on Hancock's back somewhere before. This stands to reason that it might some sort of insignia, either some other Pirate, or the revolutionaries, or something else. That could also explain why he didn't turn to stone on seeing the so called eye. But otherwise, great review.

Highseas7
October 10, 2008, 01:37 PM
Nice Review ChicA i like your rap up at the end and your view on CP9's cover story the only thing im surprised you didn't mention was the devlpment of HAKI the way we know now that it can greatly enhance one's strength, spped and who know's what else but my favorite part in the whole chapter and your review is luffy standin against the gorgon sisters ready to defend his savoirs and kick some ass. i dont knoqw what it is but the calm before every major fight in one piece just moves me
great review again

LiquidFire851
October 10, 2008, 04:19 PM
Just a thought, but, anyone think that the reason Luffy didn't turn to stone is maybe because of him being a rubber man? perhaps it somehow negates the properties that make people turn to stone. Like I said, just a thought but I wanted to point it out just in case.

haruka9
October 11, 2008, 12:20 AM
Thank you guys very much!!!!

Omniscientone: The curse of the eye being a rumor is also my intial thought. Since Hancock is proud for her perfect beauty, having such an odd eye at your back is definitely a physical flaw, not to mention, a shameful one. But I thought, it would be better to expand my specualtion and rationalize some possible scenarios in case their eyes really have some power. And yeah, I just came up with another idea: Maybe the Gorgon monster really did set a curse on them - only the curse grants them to take into snake form (which explains why both the younger sisters, Marigold and Sandersonia turn like snakes). The eyes on their back can just be an additional to that, but it may not have real powers. The sisters might have thought that they can use the Gorgon curse as an excuse to cover up for the flaw at their backs, thinking that if they spread rumors that the eye has some horrible curse on it, no one will dare to criticize them.

Highseas7: Thank you for reminding me. I got so carried away by the character development that I even forgot to mention the Haki. It is really more than a spirit technique, especially if we think that the Kujas can fight strongly because of it. But it seems to me that the women rely more on it. And unlike Luffy who uses his brute, physical strength and devil fruit power to fight, the Kuja warriors seem to take advantage of their skill in Haki and utilize it to the fullest in order to compete against the strength of their opponents.

LiquidFire851: That is a good specualtion. I haven't even considered that. The properties of a rubber, due to its soft-like, flexible components give Luffy the power to nullify painful attacks and even electricity (Enel's attack). Maybe, the nature of his Gomu Gomu no Mi extempts him not just in some elemental attacks, but also in "stone" attacks.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
October 11, 2008, 01:21 AM
I wonder if Hancock being overwhelmed by Luffy's immunity towards her charm is really surprising to her, or she's just being her spoiled self by being sarcastic. Also, Marigold and Sonia, are their powers really derived from the Gorgon curse? Isn't it possible that they both, like their sister, have a Devil Fruit power? Probably 2 Snake zoans with different models, or 1 Snake Zoan and 1 Lizard Zoan. Margaret being moved by Luffy's good will...as soon as she, Sweetpea and Aphelandra are free to move again, let the joining of the crew theories, BEGIN AGAIN!

LiquidFire851
October 11, 2008, 02:39 AM
Also I'd like to mention on how obvious Luffy is shown in trying to look away and closing his eyes while trying to be turned to stone. Anyone else notice this? and do you think it might also have anything to do with him resisting it? Although if that technique had a flaw such as that you would think she would know about it, but she did not mention anything about him turning away so I dont know. It also seems like Luffy is trying to hold his breath at one point but I don't know if that's related either.

Raysen_ht
October 11, 2008, 11:15 AM
Great review!!!
I dont think there are any eyes on her back... i think she made that up to prevent people from looking to whatever it is that she has there (maybe a tatoo, or animal fur, or a "mini snake" that control her actions (lol), or some kind of scar), and to force people to leave the room/castle while she baths (again to prevent people seeing it)
Her powers are defenetly Devil Fruit related, and probably some Haky aplications as well

Imo the sisters are also DF users (Zoan).

Do you think people might be back from the stone state they are? How?

sahugani
October 11, 2008, 11:55 AM
nice job with the review

for the mark on her back, i'm in full agreement with the opinion that the eyes on her back as well as the curse are a lie simply for the purpose of keeping people from seeing what is really there. as she has displayed, she can petrify people with her own power, so it is easy enough to fake the curse for any who would try to peek on her. the true image there is likely a sign that she has in some way violated the laws of the land just like the old lady and it shames her.

as for her powers, i think they are likely a fusion of devil fruit powers and haki. the appearance of the techniques as well as the attack name schemes fit with devil fruit powers, but the fact that its effectiveness is based on state of mind is reminiscent of haki (the raw form of which is what Luffy, Rayleigh, and Shanks use to crush with willpower).

regarding Hancock's status as leader. it seems that she rules through a combination of adoration and fear. all of the island loves her and doesn't even think to question her rule despite her many times showing no appreciation for them. however, they were all in agreement to lie about Luffy in order to save the girls who brought him in, so they valued each other more than Hancock's laws. However, in front of Hancock they show none of this dissatisfaction when the three are punished. chances are that if the three remain in stone after the Colosseum stuff is over, we'll see some grieving by Kikyou in private. because of Hancock's own vanity and the girls' fear of her wrath, she remains oblivious to the growing dissatisfaction with her rule. eventually we may see this dissatisfaction overcome the fear and love that has kept her in power

as for the reasons for the emotion in the coming fight, i have to disagree. Luffy has already come to terms with the current separation of the crew. he has already convinced himself that they are all alive and well and as long as he has Rayleigh's vivre card, he'll meet up with them eventually. his references to Franky and Nami are just him realizing that he can't do things on his own. this fight is simply him fighting for the lives of the girls who saved his life. he sees Hancock as a bitch for unjustly punishing the girls for something that should be seen as a good thing rather than a crime. now he simply needs to beat up the two sisters in order to get the chance to beat some sense into Hancock

haruka9
October 11, 2008, 12:49 PM
Max Cola Power: I guess Hancock's initial reaction to Luffy's immunity to her beauty comes as a big surprise. She is quite convinced that everyone will bow down to her because she is gorgeous. And what makes it more astounding (in her point of view) is that Luffy doesn't show any hint of attraction, even if he has seen her naked.... If Luffy were like any other perverts in this series, they will definitely drool over her face and her body. Another form of reaction that I sensed in her is, for the lack of better term, "seduction" - only that this is not just directed towards Luffy, but to her sisters and followers as well. In the Battle Arena scene, it is very vivid that she tries to tempt Luffy again by saying her famed lines "You will forgive because I am beautiful...." But since he nullifies this "seduction" in a whim, she then shifts her attention to her sisters, by manipulating them and using her beauty to get their sympathy. It's more like Nami's act when she wants someone to do favors for her. Hancock acts like she is being wronged by a cruel monster so she makes this cute damsel in distress expression so everyone will once again bow down to her, and do what she wants.

LiquidFire851: I guess Luffy tries to avoid Hancock's Mero Mero attacks because he believes that it is similar to Foxy's Noro Noro beams and that his movements will start to slow down. If we think about it, the physical features of Noro Noro beams are very similar to the Mero Mero ones, only the latter has a form of heart. Since Luffy doesn't have much skill in discerning things, he might not ponder as to why her attacks prove futile on him. This is why he tries to avoid it the second time, and tries to look away, thinking that his movements will slow down.

Raysen_ht: I feel a bit embarrassed for not even thinking that the Gorgon sisters' "snake transformation" is influenced by devil fruit (even Luffy have thought of it ><). I guess I get so absorbed by this curse stuff that I forgot one of the most fundamental elements in One Piece. Just like Max Cola Power said, it can be a Zoan type with Snake Model and Lizard Model since the two have very similar physical attributes. And about the "stoned" people getting back to their normal forms.... Well, there might be a solution to that. It can either be done by people who have some medical knowledge to put them back from being turned into stone (with usage of special herbs or medicine) or can be done by Hancock herself. The latter idea explains that Hancock has the skill to not only turn people to stone, but also have the power to bring her victims back to their normal human form. It can be an "extended" technique granted by her Devil Fruit. On a different side of note, devil fruit users who utilize their powers to its fullest are the ones who truly understand the nature of it (like Blackbeard who seemed to spend a huge amount of time studying and searching for it and Enel who understood the principles of conductor and insultors.) But in a general sense, Logia type users are the ones who can easily deduce the advantage and the disadvantage of their power, helping them to fully understand their nature.

Sahugani: Wow, I am surprised (in a very good way) to see your comments here, espcially that I am one of your avid readers (I miss reading your reviews). So, thank you for thanking the time to read mine and for replying. I think the fusion of Hancock's devil fruit power and Haki is displayed on her Heart Pistol, where she attacks Luffy with a heart-shaped offense and causes huge destruction. It is similar to the effect of Margaret's arrow which is primarily influced by the power of Haki. We haven't seen any fighting ability of Hancock yet, except for her Mero Mero that turns people into stone, and the most probably, she can wield Haki better. With this, combining a Mero Mero heart with Haki can definitely create massive destruction to the target, especially that this spirit skill can turn a simple offense into a chaotic one.

Absolutio
October 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
nice job with the review

for the mark on her back, i'm in full agreement with the opinion that the eyes on her back as well as the curse are a lie simply for the purpose of keeping people from seeing what is really there. as she has displayed, she can petrify people with her own power, so it is easy enough to fake the curse for any who would try to peek on her. the true image there is likely a sign that she has in some way violated the laws of the land just like the old lady and it shames her.

as for her powers, i think they are likely a fusion of devil fruit powers and haki. the appearance of the techniques as well as the attack name schemes fit with devil fruit powers, but the fact that its effectiveness is based on state of mind is reminiscent of haki (the raw form of which is what Luffy, Rayleigh, and Shanks use to crush with willpower).

regarding Hancock's status as leader. it seems that she rules through a combination of adoration and fear. all of the island loves her and doesn't even think to question her rule despite her many times showing no appreciation for them. however, they were all in agreement to lie about Luffy in order to save the girls who brought him in, so they valued each other more than Hancock's laws. However, in front of Hancock they show none of this dissatisfaction when the three are punished. chances are that if the three remain in stone after the Colosseum stuff is over, we'll see some grieving by Kikyou in private. because of Hancock's own vanity and the girls' fear of her wrath, she remains oblivious to the growing dissatisfaction with her rule. eventually we may see this dissatisfaction overcome the fear and love that has kept her in power

as for the reasons for the emotion in the coming fight, i have to disagree. Luffy has already come to terms with the current separation of the crew. he has already convinced himself that they are all alive and well and as long as he has Rayleigh's vivre card, he'll meet up with them eventually. his references to Franky and Nami are just him realizing that he can't do things on his own. this fight is simply him fighting for the lives of the girls who saved his life. he sees Hancock as a bitch for unjustly punishing the girls for something that should be seen as a good thing rather than a crime. now he simply needs to beat up the two sisters in order to get the chance to beat some sense into Hancock

Sahu kinda summed all of my thoughts here.. We do usually have the same line of thoughts with OP.. :s
Anyways, the thing I most wonder about now is about Hancock's strength. I mean, from one point of view, she only has her ability to turn people to stone when they have this special attraction state of mind, but is that enough to make her titled as a Shichibukai? This power has a lot of holes that if she doesn't have any real strength, she wouldn't be able to deal with her enemies. But then again, she is a Shichibukai, and a person who grew up in this Amazon Lily, so I guess there is more to her than it seems.. But currently she pictures as a not very strong Shichibukai at all.. :s

Tsukisama
October 11, 2008, 05:40 PM
Firstly, allow me to say that I enjoyed your review and that I wish to read more from you. :hbunny

I agreed with much of the observations already covered in this thread, and I don't really have much to add that has not already been said. I would, however, like to point something out:

Sahugani: Wow, I am surprised (in a very good way) to see your comments here, espcially that I am one of your avid readers (I miss reading your reviews). So, thank you for thanking the time to read mine and for replying. I think the fusion of Hancock's devil fruit power and Haki is displayed on her Heart Pistol, where she attacks Luffy with a heart-shaped offense and causes huge destruction. It is similar to the effect of Margaret's arrow which is primarily influced by the power of Haki. We haven't seen any fighting ability of Hancock yet, except for her Mero Mero that turns people into stone, and the most probably, she can wield Haki better. With this, combining a Mero Mero heart with Haki can definitely create massive destruction to the target, especially that this spirit skill can turn a simple offense into a chaotic one.

Besides Mero Mero Merrow, we have in the most recent chapter seen another DF-related attack from Hancock: Pistol Kiss (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/518/06/). Thus, this may be an example of your theorized attack of combining a Mero Mero heart with Haki. I believe that this is only the second example of what Mero Mero can do with more to come, revealing why Hancock is considered strong enough to be a Shichibukai.

weixiaobao
October 11, 2008, 11:23 PM
Sahu kinda summed all of my thoughts here.. We do usually have the same line of thoughts with OP.. :s
Anyways, the thing I most wonder about now is about Hancock's strength. I mean, from one point of view, she only has her ability to turn people to stone when they have this special attraction state of mind, but is that enough to make her titled as a Shichibukai? This power has a lot of holes that if she doesn't have any real strength, she wouldn't be able to deal with her enemies. But then again, she is a Shichibukai, and a person who grew up in this Amazon Lily, so I guess there is more to her than it seems.. But currently she pictures as a not very strong Shichibukai at all.. :s

I quite agree.. at least moria had some physical power beside his ability.

Boa's power so far is pretty much a one hit KO kinda thing and not really leave much room for struggle..

haruka9
October 12, 2008, 09:07 AM
Absolutio: I have been wondering about Hancock's real strength. Currently, we haven't seen anything stupendous from her; it even feels like her technique is on average level. The effect of her Pistol Kiss must be influenced by Haki, but that idea is mostly specualtion and analysis (since the usage of Haki is established with the Kujas). Personally I am hoping that Hancock has more techniques (really powerful ones) up her sleeves, otherwise, it will only prove to us that she gains her status merely from full usage of her beauty, seduction, and manipulation. And, if it turns out that she really doesn't any powerful tricks left, it will only mean that strength-wise, she should not have a spot in Shichibukai. I am hoping she will show us what she's really got - a strength powerful enough to intimidate even the strong fighters.

Tsukisama: Thank you very much. Pistol Kiss is the name of the attack I am reffering to (thank you for reminding me). As I said, I do want to see that she is worthy of the title -that she has strength that can frighten other veterans in fighting. A mastery of Haki can be an example for this. Margaret, who is an average Kuja fighter can wield this technique well, so as the leader of Amazon Lily, it is only natural to expect that Hancock should have mastered all the forms/techniques involving this Haki. And I do hope my expectations will be met so she can prove herself as a worthy Shichibukai.

Weixiabao: Currently, it seems that Hancock doesn't possess some skills except her talent in manipulating people. If she doesn't show us any strong techniques, then Moria will be a better fighter than her. Moria, even if he likes to use people to achieve the title of Pirate King, has at least shown his cleverness in using his devil fruit, granting him full utilization of his power. Albeit he clearly does not possess any physically strong technique, his cunning mind can make up for it.