PDA

View Full Version : Grimmjow Discussion Thread

Daioten
August 21, 2006, 10:22 PM
So, ive been thinking a bit about how past arcs have gone.. and i suddenly get the feeling that grimmjow is going to become a good guy. I mean, if you look back at the fights that Ichigo had against Renji in SS, there are many similarities between ichigo and renji's rivalry and the rivalry between ichigo and grimmjow. Also, Grimmjow doesn't seem to get along very well with the espada members, and his loyalty to Aizen doesn't seem to be the greatest. Anybody else think so?

vlado
August 22, 2006, 03:11 AM
Not a chance , only if kubo is presured by grimm fans.

The Boff
August 22, 2006, 07:31 AM
im having a hard time seeing that. if you consider the facts, that this dude is in fact a hollow, ie. he has no heart and is driven purely by instinct just like the other hollows.
i cant really see him turning "good"

sh0jin
August 22, 2006, 08:20 AM
Maybe not turn to good but could aid ichigo and group for selfish reasons. Think about it both realms (soul society and huedo mundo) are lead by shinigamis, they should be lead by their types. So grimmjaw seems to be the only hollow that shows disapproval of the mannerism of the current order.He could easily assist the enemy (ichigo and co) to take out a few of aizen's buddies and when the time is right turn on the group to gain full power of huedo mundo. Problem is that i'm assuming that aizen has the highest power which may not be the case, also that i'm giving to much credit to grimmjaw's thought process. He does acts on instinct and he has yet to show stategic fighting skills, shoot first ask question later. Also the fact that by grimmjaw seeking help might show as being weak (note: when ichigo asked about grimmjaw having one arm, he stated that he didnt need it to finish off ichigo). So all in all, i really didnt make any progress. lol.

ryderdm3
August 22, 2006, 12:23 PM
I don't see him turning good, but I do see him living a lot longer than most would expect him to live. I think he is going to aid Ichigo in some manner, but eventually he'll be cut down by Ulquiorra or Aizen.

graphic_content
August 22, 2006, 02:33 PM
if he were ever to turn on Aizen - it would purely be for selfish reasons (lacking a purity of heart) - but I think that up to this point he is dying to kill Ichigo - he has been stopped three time already:

1.by Tousen
2.by Hirako
3.by Uliquiorra (from releasing his Zanpaktou)

this guy really wants to kill Ichigo - and I dont think he would hesitate to if given the chance - he wants his pride back.

murai
August 22, 2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah, but I'd imagine he still wants revenge on Tousen. We all know he's gonna die, but I think he'll turn on his own allies, like graphic_content said, for selfish reasons. In response to the comparison between the Ichigo/Renji rivalry and the Ichigo/Grimmjow rivalry, there's definitely more animosity towards Ichigo in Grimmjow than there ever was in Renji. They'll never be "friends".

Daioten
August 22, 2006, 04:45 PM
The thing is, I can't really see Ichigo killing Grimmjow, so after their fight, and Ichigo's inevitable victory... what's gonna happen to Grimmjow? He'll probably end up just like almost every other enemy that ichigo has fought up till now (Ishida, Renji, Ikkaku, Kenpachi, Biyakuya) ...joining Ichigo.

kulong
August 22, 2006, 04:59 PM
i dun really care if he good or evil i just want to see him release his soul cutter =P im dying to see it =D

Daioten
August 22, 2006, 05:32 PM
i dun really care if he good or evil i just want to see him release his soul cutter =P im dying to see it =D

I suppose that's one way to look at it.. :)

ryderdm3
August 22, 2006, 06:31 PM
The thing is, I can't really see Ichigo killing Grimmjow, so after their fight, and Ichigo's inevitable victory... what's gonna happen to Grimmjow? He'll probably end up just like almost every other enemy that ichigo has fought up till now (Ishida, Renji, Ikkaku, Kenpachi, Biyakuya) ...joining Ichigo.

The thing is, neither of those that you mentioned were truely evil at heart. We've seen all of them to be kind in some way, even Kenpachi. Grimmjow is Grimmjow, he'll never be any different. I do agree that Ichigo won't kill him. I think Ichigo will beat him down, but leave him alive. Then Grimmjow will do something to hurt Aizen and co which will of course aid the good guys, and then he'll be killed by his former comrades.

erieru
August 22, 2006, 07:58 PM
I think if he ever does go agains aizen will be to get revenge from his arm, then he would go on his own agenda

ryderdm3
August 23, 2006, 02:39 AM
That's possible. I mean there are always going to be hollows. It's not impossible for him to help the good guys by betraying Aizen in some way and then dissapearing in HM to do his own thing.

walkie
August 23, 2006, 05:56 AM
i like him as a bad guy and dont want to see him as a good guy ;)

DarkManSharingan32
August 23, 2006, 10:28 AM
Grimmjow is definetly not going to be a good guy...
But he doesn't exactly strike me as someone who likes conformity.

When the time comes, he will do what he wants to do...
Weather Aizen-sama likes it or not.

RevenGz
September 05, 2006, 08:01 AM
maybe. . . he converts to the other people side. . . the shingami/hollow people .. so he can become. . . more complete?

venicia777
September 05, 2006, 08:22 AM
i have to say i like this view. I always thought kubo kept him unreleased just to show how grimmjow was strong. ie Even in his unreleased state he has given ichigo a run for his money all the time; whatever the reason even when ichigo had his mask on he couldnt totally bring him down and even managed to deflect a hefty cero attack from hirako in his injured state.

showing his released state i think will be one of the ultimate fights b.n ichigo and grimm in HM. i dont think he is absconding anywhere- grimm's only interest/wish- that shinigami- ichigo!!!

goofy_man
September 05, 2006, 10:05 AM
After seeing GrimmJaw in ch. 240...it's going to take an act of God to make defect to the good side.....
He's too badass for a good guy...if he was one, he'd most likely wind up like Vegeta from DBZ; occasionally helping out the good guys in big battles, taking time out to settle his personal vendettas, but then get pwned by the big villian of the arc (i.e., Aizen).....something along those lines.

I just hope Kubo Tite gives GrimmJaw a good death....it'd be a shame if he went out in a cheesy fashion

Daioten
September 05, 2006, 11:18 AM
See, that's sort of what I was thinking. He'd still be pissed off and stuff, but he'd end up working with them in the same way that vegeta did in DBZ.

kobisaki
September 05, 2006, 12:17 PM
he may help them and fight ichigo afterward but I doubt it. and his power returned with his arm so it'll be even more difficult than before. if ichigo meet up with him in hueco mundo, he is screwed! unless being in hueco mundo makes him keep his mask longer.

goofy_man
September 05, 2006, 01:44 PM
See, that's sort of what I was thinking. He'd still be pissed off and stuff, but he'd end up working with them in the same way that vegeta did in DBZ.

Vegeta mainly worked with Goku because he was impressed with how strong Goku became since their first showdown...
Although it took Kid Buu handing Vegeta his ass to realize that Goku was stronger than him
Plus, GrimmJaw doesn't look at Ichigo as a serious rival--which is how Vegeta viewed Goku. GrimmJaw seems him as an opponent that is worthy of showing off his power; unlike Vegeta, GrimmJaw hasn't tried to get stronger after his two fights with Ichigo (although you can say that he did do that now that he's got his left arm back)....

In other words, GrimmJaw isn't likely to become a good guy. If he was to turn good, what would he do AFTER Aizen is eventually defeated? Vegeta managed to keep up his rivalry with Goku and settle down with Bulma and raise their kids. GrimmJaw doesn't exactly have that future for him....unless Kubo Tite goes bizzaro on us and pairs him with Orihime (don't ask how or why I thought this up....>.<)

Daioten
September 05, 2006, 05:30 PM
unless Kubo Tite goes bizzaro on us and pairs him with Orihime (don't ask how or why I thought this up....>.<)

LOL... that would be hillarious

goofy_man
September 05, 2006, 11:43 PM
LOL... that would be hillarious

Freakier pairings: UlquorriaxOrihime and LuppixOrihime

Disclaimer: Above statements come from doing homework for nearly 6 hours straight while only stopping for bathroom breaks.....this does not reflect my character nor my feelings toward Bleach or its wonderful and complex cast. Any advice on how to prevent such random statements like those above from occuring in the first place would be welcomed. Thank you.

One Bad Mo Fo
September 06, 2006, 12:17 AM
I've had the same thought ever sence Grim lost his arm, I can so see Kubo doing a Vageta w/ him, we'll see.

sharinganLS
September 13, 2006, 09:21 AM
Grimmjow vs ichigo, Grimmjow vs Zaraki Kempachi both of these work for me.
Grimmjow vs ichigo fits perfect as rivals and Grimmjow vs Zarak fits perfectly because hes such a badass like Grimmjow.

midnight789
September 13, 2006, 07:41 PM
Disclaimer: Above statements come from doing homework for nearly 6 hours straight while only stopping for bathroom breaks.....this does not reflect my character nor my feelings toward Bleach or its wonderful and complex cast. Any advice on how to prevent such random statements like those above from occuring in the first place would be welcomed. Thank you.

Advice:Take breaks! If I did homework for 6 hours straight (IF i do homework.....hahaha, that's kind of a rare occurence) I would be bleeding out the eyes and liable to fall over dead. The fact that you could even look at a computer screen amazes me. Anywho, take breaks!

Back on topic: I just don't see how Grimmjow could become a good guy. I guess one could say that Ichigo beats him and spares him, which leads him to becoming a good guy, but I just don't see that happening. Grimmjow doesn't like people being stronger than him, and if Ichigo were to defeat him but not kill him, Grimmjow would be out for revenge (think Luppi :s)

alekosss_kenpachi
September 25, 2006, 06:33 PM
Grimmjaw is of my favourite villains in the series...i think he is not a bad guy but definetely he is not a good one either..he is the kind of an independent person who just wants to be strong!

ILUVATAR
September 26, 2006, 03:23 PM
unless being in hueco mundo makes him keep his mask longer.

that is a hell of a good theory >_> hmmmm very interesting indeed

Kratos
September 26, 2006, 03:26 PM
Grimmjaw is of my favourite villains in the series...i think he is not a bad guy but definetely he is not a good one either..he is the kind of an independent person who just wants to be strong!

LOL this guy doesnt care about no one else other than himself and how to became stronger

_ATMA
September 26, 2006, 10:59 PM
there are two possible outcomes i can think of A) grimjaw gets killed right away for betraying espada B) he mearly sides w/ ichigo and team to fuel his own personal vendetas

to me grimjaw isnt the type to stand for things that he doesnt like hes going to try and turn against aizen and gets put down right away or he plans it out and sides w/ the good after hes done he will turn against ichigo and get killed by him

goofy_man
September 27, 2006, 12:46 AM
@_ATMA: The only real vendetta GrimmJow has besides the mega one he's got against Ichigo is his big vendetta against Tousen. Beyond that, GrimmJow has already settled his vendetta with Luppi (R.I.P. Androygenous Arrancar :scry)......and he's not revealed that he has any others. I can see him having one against Ulquiorria, but not as big as his two existing ones....

sharinganLS
September 28, 2006, 03:52 PM
I think Grimmjow might form an alliance with Ichigo; im not saying he is a good guy, he might do this to bring Tousen and Azien down (seeing how he hates ppl who boss him around) so is intensions are not good and not bad; i feel he might turn out to be one of the neutral characters in Bleach who might for nobody but themseleves (Like Kenpachi).

Kratos
September 28, 2006, 04:03 PM
I think Grimmjow might form an alliance with Ichigo; im not saying he is a good guy, he might do this to bring Tousen and Azien down

i doubt that... Grimmjow just one kill Ichigo or maybe used Ichigo to try kill Azien but form an alliance..mmmm i dont know

sharinganLS
September 28, 2006, 04:16 PM
i doubt that... Grimmjow just one kill Ichigo or maybe used Ichigo to try kill Azien but form an alliance..mmmm i dont know

It was the same with renji, Ishida; they were enemies but in the end they ended up helping each other

poopoomaru
September 28, 2006, 10:16 PM
I think the bridge between Ichigo and renji is alot smaller then the one between Ichigo and Grimmjaw , in that Renji was just following rules and was a good person , while Grimmjaw is a sadistic killer who is also hollow based and ichigo hates all hollows indiscrimitably

bax
September 30, 2006, 12:52 AM
Still, speaking of old vendetta, it;s a thing in the past. Ishida eally cares for Ichigo. Which is something a Quincies never did before. And then Byakuya and Renji, accepted Ichigo after a hard-fought battle. So, why not Grimmjaw?

This Aizen thing will not just end with this arc, since we only Aizen as the antogonist here, and no other character has made appearance. So, why not let Grimmjaw joins the fold? It could be useful to fight Aizen in other arc.

poopoomaru
September 30, 2006, 01:04 AM
True it would be useful , but we have to look at the personalities , Byakuya was only fighting because of the promise at his parents grave , renji only because it was the law. Grimmjaw happily kills people , he had no qualms about incinerating Luppi's upper half , he went out of his way to try and kill Ichigo intially bringing in all the low level arrancar , he went way out of his way to kill someone who he had never really met. Dont forget he is a hollow or at least his mind is , and not just an ordinary hollow that is just the shadow of someone dead soul , he Menos , many different shadows brought together , he is his own independant being of "darkness".

At would say the the absolute most he might join with Ichigo and co. to defeat Aizen , but after that success/failure , he would either leave them to be all evil elsewhere or he would betray them and try to kill them. That would be I think the absolute most that Grimmjaw would do to team up with Ichigo and co.

sharinganLS
September 30, 2006, 01:51 PM
True it would be useful , but we have to look at the personalities , Byakuya was only fighting because of the promise at his parents grave , renji only because it was the law. Grimmjaw happily kills people , he had no qualms about incinerating Luppi's upper half , he went out of his way to try and kill Ichigo intially bringing in all the low level arrancar , he went way out of his way to kill someone who he had never really met. Dont forget he is a hollow or at least his mind is , and not just an ordinary hollow that is just the shadow of someone dead soul , he Menos , many different shadows brought together , he is his own independant being of "darkness".

At would say the the absolute most he might join with Ichigo and co. to defeat Aizen , but after that success/failure , he would either leave them to be all evil elsewhere or he would betray them and try to kill them. That would be I think the absolute most that Grimmjaw would do to team up with Ichigo and co.

I agree, i didnt think this far ahead. He might bretray them when the time comes; thats a gud point. He is a very unstable character and he does unpredictable things that suprize everybody.

bax
September 30, 2006, 01:58 PM
He might bretray them when the time comes; thats a gud point. He is a very unstable character and he does unpredictable things that suprize everybody.

And Aizen's recent action may just add up to that intention as well. I see Grimmjaw as a loyal man but don't ever cross his line. And Aizen just sparked more hatred in Grimmjaw towards him I presume.

alekosss_kenpachi
September 30, 2006, 04:35 PM
It is like Grimmjaw to do whatever he wants but currentlly he cannot do much with his level of strength.

poopoomaru
September 30, 2006, 04:49 PM
Well he still has a zanpakuto release we have yet to see , and we shouldnt diss Grimmjaw since I think he is still way stronger then most captains.

alekosss_kenpachi
September 30, 2006, 05:08 PM
Well he still has a zanpakuto release we have yet to see , and we shouldnt diss Grimmjaw since I think he is still way stronger then most captains.
I am sure that he is stronger than most of the captains but what can he do depends on what can he do against aizen.And personally i dont think he stands a chance against him..

poopoomaru
September 30, 2006, 05:29 PM
Very True he is stronger then most captains but no where close to Aizen

neild
November 18, 2006, 04:23 PM
grimjow is definetly the bad guy, looking just from his face

inuhime
January 14, 2008, 07:09 PM
i think grimmmjow would make a great good guy. i mean he has his reasons:
1. he hate staying at Las Noches.
2. he hates Aizen and Tousen guts.
3.we all love him!!

if he continues to stay there he will go insane and kill everyone (except for Aizen, Gin, and Tousen gay selves:mad who might kill him after killing his brothers and sisters. but i don't think he cares.):D anyway if he stay in Ichigo world he will probably go to school with ichigo and become Tatsuki friend. because they both beat up on Ichigo. that would be a nice couple. Tatsuki and Grimmjow. :D besides once he's in Ichigo's world i'm sure there's some activities there that Grimmjow can beat Ichigo in. instead of fighting him.
[hr]

hey there's this website you can go on that have him release his zanpakuto. go to yahoo and type in Bleach One Manga. it has all sorts of anime comics. i mean all of the bleach comics are there. you have to see that website.:D

mestizo311
January 15, 2008, 01:09 AM
I think Grimmjow is going to stay a neutral character. I can't see him being completely devoted to the evil side. Also, I can't see him being a righteous good guy either. I would like to see Grimmjow side with the Vaizards in Ichigo's place. Although the Vaizards motives are unclear at this point, it would be nice to see if Grimm will play a big role in whatever the outcome is.

hollowdemon
January 15, 2008, 04:37 PM
eventually he'll appear when the time of fighting aizen, gin and tousen comes but concerning of him being a good guy ? id say thats still a high chance that he might since im hoping that he's not going to die as easy and fast as luppi or zomari did :D
most likely it'll be an awesome death of him actually showing a good side of him by maybe taking an attack for somebody else and then still saying the macho evil stuff like
" dont think im doing this for you, i just dont like to see him win " :p

kazuma_uzumaki
January 17, 2008, 05:11 PM
Maybe he's like vegeta

loves to fight. doesn't care about good or bad

etc.
i see him as more neutreal too

hollowdemon
January 20, 2008, 12:42 PM
kind of random but ....

is it just me or does anybody see grimmjow to match up with tatsuki ??

i mean ya kno how we see ichigo with orihime and rukia with renji
what about tatsuki ya know ?? she cant just helplessly see orihime fall for ichigo and she doesnt do anything about herself ..... what about grimmjow ?? since we see him as neutral or good guy anyway :p

Tsukisama
January 20, 2008, 05:10 PM
kind of random but ....

is it just me or does anybody see grimmjow to match up with tatsuki ??

i mean ya kno how we see ichigo with orihime and rukia with renji
what about tatsuki ya know ?? she cant just helplessly see orihime fall for ichigo and she doesnt do anything about herself ..... what about grimmjow ?? since we see him as neutral or good guy anyway :p

At this point, it is far too early to tell. Tatsuki has never met him, and they don't really seem that compatible. Right now, if I had to pair him with someone, I would see Nell (adult form) with grimmjow before Tatsuki, since they are both espadas on fairly good terms with Ichigo.

Is it just me, or has anyone else gotten a sort of lesbian vibe from Tatsuki? Perhaps, like in some other manga series, the "best friend" thing she has with Orihime is just exaggerated to the point where it seems homoerotic, but I could see her ending the series either alone (most likely in my opinion), with Keigo (both are Ichigo's friends; so, why not? :p ), or with Chizuru (would be hilarious IMO :D).

hollowdemon
January 22, 2008, 06:56 PM
well it is pretty obvious that she might be .. lol
after all whenever chizuru always manage to caress orihime's milk jugs she always pops up and beats the crap out of her when she does.
So ill give the doubt that tatsuki might hook up with one of the enemies gone good or maybe someone from soul society .... IKKAKU !!! :D

Tsukisama
January 22, 2008, 08:27 PM
well it is pretty obvious that she might be .. lol
after all whenever chizuru always manage to caress orihime's milk jugs she always pops up and beats the crap out of her when she does.
So ill give the doubt that tatsuki might hook up with one of the enemies gone good or maybe someone from soul society .... IKKAKU !!! :D

If Ikkaku were to hook up with anyone (besides Yumichika :blink ), it would be Keigo's sister. She has already shown a fair amount of interest in him, while Tatsuki has not.

hollowdemon
January 23, 2008, 05:06 PM
verrrrrrry true,

but ikkaku have not shown an indication of feeling back towards her either so maybe if he met tatsuki it could be a whole different outcome. so far though i agree it is keigo's sister to be the best match up for ikkaku.

i just wanted to give grimmjow a woman too since people in bleach happen to have the best mate for them :D

kkck
May 06, 2009, 01:51 PM
Ok, this is something I have been thinking for a while now. As we all know, unlike most espada, grimmjow had his grand fight and had an unclear end. Given that in his last appearance he was not dead, I believe it safe to assume he is actually alive.

Now, what is kishi planning to do with him? What is Sexta Espada's ultimate purpose in bleach?

I for one, have always got the feeling that grimmjow will eventually turn on Aizen and become either a good guy or some sort of anti-hero. What do you guys think?

I was planning on adding a pool for this but I am not sure of what to include. This are the options I thought of so far:

He will turn on Aizen.
Return to fight the good guys and die.
He already died.
He will get one last appearance and die a flashy death....

What do you guys think?

En Yang Ji
May 06, 2009, 01:58 PM
I would prefer Grimmjaw to fight Ichigo again, after he ate more hollows to become a vastro lorde arrancur and gained new abilities.

deathgod6664820
May 06, 2009, 03:08 PM
i think grimmjow will turn on aizen if his previous action hasent already showed that he already did turn on azien. he took hime, fought ulqu his fellow comrade and defied aizen.

antihero idk, because grimmjow seems to want just power and will battle anyone to show how powerful he is, he is a solo fighter not a team player and i see him wanting to get powerful anuff to challege ichi again.

THM Nindo
May 07, 2009, 11:04 AM
Maybe he's like vegeta

loves to fight. doesn't care about good or bad

etc.
i see him as more neutreal too

That's exactly it.
He might fight alongside Ichigo at some point, but it will always be with the promise to fight him against later on.

stevenash
May 07, 2009, 03:12 PM
Nahh....I think Grimmjow will become king of Hueco Mundo...:D

He does look possible to become a good guy....but he was the one that wanted Ichigo killed right?....so why doesn't he just let him die...:D...

I think Grimmjow just want to be king...he might even fight against Aizen but not alongside Ichigo for the throne of Spirit King....:D

hyn_pride93
May 08, 2009, 02:52 AM
I have said this before, but I haven't said it in this thread. Grimmjaw being one of the good guys would seem impossible to many, but I wouldn't be surprised if he became something like a Vegeta in this story.

The only thing is that, we already have Renji in that role. Grimmjaw will most likely not befriend Ichigo and the others and become a drifter in HM, that is if he survives.

choke_a_beech
May 09, 2009, 03:54 AM
Or Grimmjow can get eaten by an arrancar we know...then you see ichigo scream out "Grimmmmmm...jowwwwwwww!" orihime puts her hands on her mouth and gasps "Grimmjow-kun" rukia crosses her arms and gleefully yells "BWAH HAH HAH HAH!"

-Ren Boy-
May 10, 2009, 12:27 PM
Grimmjow Can Return To Fake Kakura Town Healed And OWN Tousen For Cutting His Arm Off XD

~Joshua~
May 10, 2009, 04:22 PM
Although I am not against it, and I would be very happy if it was true, what makes people think Grimmjow is coming back?

-Ren Boy-
May 10, 2009, 04:23 PM
Although I am not against it, and I would be very happy if it was true, what makes people think Grimmjow is coming back?

The Fact That His Current Condition Is Unknown

~Joshua~
May 10, 2009, 04:32 PM
The Fact That His Current Condition Is Unknown

I thought as much. I hereby join the ranks of those who believe Grimmjow is coming back.

DARK
October 12, 2009, 08:47 PM
The fact that Kubo has killed off every other Espada definitely (except Yammy who is bound to die soon anyway), then leaves Grimmjow in a state of ambigious death without any explanation what happens to him.
Kubo must have something planned.

xbenxspire
October 12, 2009, 09:12 PM
He'll come back as a vasto lorde espada, w/ a second release state.

Castriota
October 12, 2009, 09:39 PM
maybe the good guys from within hueco mundo will use grimmjow to go through the garganta to get back to the human world. i dunno.

sorry if someone said something like this already, too lazy to read a few pages back.

Revolation
October 13, 2009, 07:30 PM
The fact that Kubo has killed off every other Espada definitely (except Yammy who is bound to die soon anyway), then leaves Grimmjow in a state of ambigious death without any explanation what happens to him.
Kubo must have something planned.

then again nnoitora never evaporated either. he just hit the ground same as grimjow.

we are returning to hueco mundo this week which means nel and yachiru are about to meet. (look at my sig for volume 39 sketches)
eventually they will meet grimjow when he wakes up which i hope yachiru nicknames "kitty" :D

wrstljr
December 28, 2010, 04:04 PM
When does he make his reappearance and in what capacity?

He'd be a pretty powerful ally, not that Ichigo is short on those, but I don't think he'd be a bad guy anymore. Who knows what Kubo is thinking here.

Takahashi
December 28, 2010, 08:57 PM
I think he'd be a weak ally, and I hope he doesn't come back. I like him, but he served his purpose, his return would be fan service and nothing more.

Zatono
December 28, 2010, 09:06 PM
Either he's dead, or he's going to 'save' Ichigo from something stupid. Other then that, what about Nel? She'd make a better ally then Grimmjow could, and who knows, maybe she has some interesting knowledge on things that may happen in the future. Given to her by none other then Aizen, of course.

Exodi
December 28, 2010, 09:30 PM
I completely agree with Takahashi. I don't see the point of Grimmjow coming back.
It'd be nice to know what happened to him, but his return is unnecessary.

kkck
December 28, 2010, 11:54 PM
True, whatever happened to nel? It'd be a tad sad she stayed back in HM considering everything.... Then again, what other options are there? Grimmjow was one of the more significant rivals ichigo has had through the manga, if he is alive I don't see the point of not bringing him back. I would even think the ambiguity behind what happened to him afterwards is all the more reason for him to make a comeback.

Bromamura
December 29, 2010, 12:03 AM
Gj would be a more useful ally than any of Ichigo's human firends. Though if he does return he'd still need quite a power-up to stay relevant, like how Vegeta came back as a Super Saiyan. For now there's no need for him as the number of Ichigo's allies and enemies are quite disproportionate. Having said that I still want to see him participating in future battles to some capacity, as a relic of the arrancar arc. Afterall I quite enjoyed his fighting style offered by that sleek, streamline Pantera resurrection.

Takahashi
December 29, 2010, 12:57 AM
Gj would be a more useful ally than any of Ichigo's human firends. Though if he does return he'd still need quite a power-up to stay relevant, like how Vegeta came back as a Super Saiyan. For now there's no need for him as the number of Ichigo's allies and enemies are quite disproportionate. Having said that I still want to see him participating in future battles to some capacity, as a relic of the arrancar arc. Afterall I quite enjoyed his fighting style offered by that sleek, streamline Pantera resurrection.

The problem with the Vegeta method is that Grimmjow had already reached and shown everything he had. Vegeta had the possiblity of becoming a Super Sayain like Goku, Grimmjow has no such potential here.

Having a second resurrection would just seem misplaced, and having him suddenly be amazing while remaining the same would just be boring.

I'd bet on only Aizen ever coming back, and maybe, MAYBE Nel.

Bromamura
December 29, 2010, 02:48 AM
The problem with the Vegeta method is that Grimmjow had already reached and shown everything he had. Vegeta had the possiblity of becoming a Super Sayain like Goku, Grimmjow has no such potential here.

Having a second resurrection would just seem misplaced, and having him suddenly be amazing while remaining the same would just be boring.

I'd bet on only Aizen ever coming back, and maybe, MAYBE Nel.

Personally I don't see a second resurrection as been misplaced, nor do I feel it's being cheapened either since only one character will be gaining it. The possibilty of insights into how such things can be achieved is better for the Segunda Etapa's legacy, which currently stands as a one-time unexplainable unecessary powerup that got babyshaked anyways. Alternatively Grimmjow will have to excavate whatever potential he has left in his resurrection (a natural thing for anyone not named Yamamoto), coming up with new techniques and whatnot while gaining some boost in raw stat. I thought I'd seen all of Byakuya and Kenpachi's bag of tricks only for them to bust out Goukei and Kendo. Ideally for Grimmjow it will be a combination of improving upon current his res while gaining a second one. Whether he has reached his full potential or not is up to the author to decide, Kubo could easily choose any one over the other and the manga would hardly be any worse off, in my opinion of course.

kamakazi_1996
December 29, 2010, 10:05 AM
he might become the new ruler of hueco mundo because there is no 1 else alive to take over, he will have achieved his dream of becoming king and might assist ichigo in the hell ark

but this al just a theory

Hystzen
December 29, 2010, 12:09 PM
I think he'd be a weak ally, and I hope he doesn't come back. I like him, but he served his purpose, his return would be fan service and nothing more.

tell that to narutos war..it the meaning of fan service in visual form

he wont be that weak...he could reach his limit and learn new skills maybe new release. look a renji he weak came back now a ally and gets owned :cookiehand

El Samurai Guapo
December 29, 2010, 03:44 PM
tell that to narutos war..it the meaning of fan service in visual form

he wont be that weak...he could reach his limit and learn new skills maybe new release. look a renji he weak came back now a ally and gets owned :cookiehand

That's true, if someone Rukia's level can be a recurring character so can Grimmjow.

With bleach set to continue another 10 years, I'm sure we'll see him again at some point.

kkck
December 29, 2010, 04:14 PM
^true enough lol. And grimmjow was not even nearly as weak as people make him out to be. He was not primera but for one thing there is no need for him to be such a thing. He could easily fight at the captain level for crying out loud. And segunda etapa would not cheapen anything, the idea has been introduced and there is no reason it could not be something like bankai(don't actually want to discuss that topic here though, just mentioning the possibility he could get that).

conn-man
December 31, 2010, 05:09 AM
Grimmjow is definitely gonna make a comeback. I think him, nel and mayyybe gatenbaine will be the arrancar back up team.

I really want to see nel and grimm tag team or do a two on two.

Takahashi
December 31, 2010, 05:46 AM
Grimmjow is definitely gonna make a comeback. I think him, nel and mayyybe gatenbaine will be the arrancar back up team.

I really want to see nel and grimm tag team or do a two on two.

I forgot about Gatenbaine actually, I would assume his purpose would be to assist Chad in training, but since Chad crushed him badly, I wonder what he could possibly teach him....Sonido perhaps? Since Chad's abilities are essentially Hollow, maybe he could learn something from him. I would find it strange if Kubo made a point of keeping that Arrancar alive and had him not have any use later on.

As far as Grimmjow and Nel, I honestly think they should be gone. There's not really a whole lot they bring to the table other than adding to the already ridiculous roster. It's fan service, I wouldn't want to see them, but I wouldn't find it crazy if they did return.

And hey, you went green! Don't know what it means, but yeah!

conn-man
December 31, 2010, 03:26 PM
I only say gatenbaine because he seemed more good than bad, survived, was implied to have been revived by unohana, and made friends with chad! Also he's above fraccion level so that's pretty useful.

Yeah! I'm green now. I'm the new mod for the air gear section. Do you read AG takahashi? If you do go do some posting, if not you should try to give it a read.

Hystzen
December 31, 2010, 07:57 PM
only person i want to teach chad is yoruichi ...she could teach chad to use his power for use.

so rather have someone her strength then afro arrancar

grimmjow could just make sure HM is not after ichigo that all

Akurna
February 05, 2011, 01:08 PM
He might! Just look at Vegeta from DBZ, not to mention Piccolo. They were both insufferably evil, then when it was brought to attention that there was a threat they joined Goku and the gang to fight it off. Vegeta even got himself a girl! He even had a kid for Kami's sake! Lawl, well it also depends on how the fans react too, Akira Toriyama was planning on giving Vegeta the boot, but with the reactions from the readers (and watchers) and the difference in the amount of readers from before and after Vegeta's debut he decided to keep him, to keep the fans pleased possibly.

SyKoTiK
February 15, 2011, 04:58 PM
Is Grimmjow dead or alive? If so, is he or do you think he'll be Ichigo's ally? How about Nel for that matter?

THM Nindo
February 15, 2011, 06:38 PM
No, he's not dead.
He was supposed to be the dead, but Kubo changed his mind when he saw just how much the fans liked him.

He said in an interview that Grimmjow was alive and that we will see him again.

---

As for his role, I'm pretty sure he will either ends up being the "New King" of Hueco Mundo, likes he said he wanted to become.
And his relation to Ichigo will most likely be similar to Vegeta and Goku from Dragonball, friends and rivals, always telling him that he would beat him one day.

kkck
February 16, 2011, 02:28 AM
Dunno, I don't see grimmjow taking barragan's place so to speak lol. I think he wanted to be king but in a more battle oriented way. I don't think he would be that into politics lol. I would be glad to see grimmjow again.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 16, 2011, 03:07 AM
He was too weak to be a King of Hueco Mundo. nel is way stronger and also there should be more powerful Hollows in Hueco Mundo to take this place if needed.:)
But it would be funny to see him in future, especially in the position of ally.:)

Utae
March 09, 2011, 07:07 PM
I'm afraid that the french summary claiming that Grimmjow's alive was a fake..

According to several matching reports from 2chan, Grimmjow's death is official. In his interview in the Jump Festa, when Masakazu Morita (Ichigo's VA) brought the arrancar arc into question and why it lasted for so long, Tite Kubo (Author of Bleach) revealed that Grimmjow is dead, and that he was actually supposed to die earlier in the series. It was the fans support that kept him alive for so long.

The japanese reports confirming Grimmjow's death:

583 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2010/12/18(土) 21:12:53 ID:VoJ+JBMP0
自分の記憶の範囲で、ステージ補足。
My own’s memory
森田か折笠の、「今全体のどの辺ですか?」という質問に対し、
Morita/Oririn’s question “As of this whereabouts?”
「半分は超えている」と師匠。
“Past halfway.” Answers sensei.
それに対して「少なくても10年は続きますね」と言ったのは森田
Then in that case [It needs at least 10 more years to continue.” Said Morita.
破面編が予定より長くなったという事に対して、
As regards to matter that arrancar arc was longer than as planned.
「じゃあ、予想外に活躍したキャラはいますか?」と森田がきくと、
Then in that case, character’s unexpected activities were put in there? Morita asked.
「グリムジョー。もっと早く死ぬつもりだったんだけど、描いてたら
勿体無くなったんで、活躍させた」と師匠
I planned Grimmjow to die earlier, but when I drew it, I saw there was no emphasize at all, so I added activities to it.” Said sensei.
--------------------------------------…
BLEACHの今後など
The future of Bleach
*今半分くらいまで来てる
*right now its only half
*少なくてもあと10年はやる
*At least,it will last for another 10 years.
*グリムジョーはもっと早く死ぬ予定だった
*Grimmjow was scheduled to die sooner
*破面篇はもっと短い予定だったが、過去篇入れたら長くなった
*the Arrancar arc was supposed to be shorter, but it got longer when putting in the past chapters
*一護の出生の秘密も描くかもだけど、まだちゃんと決めてなくて
全て描く予定は無い(読者に想像の余地を残すため)
*the secret of ichigo's birth will be drawn, but I've not fully decided yet
(not planning to draw everything, will leave some imagination space to readers.)
--------------------------------------…

I don't like Grimmjow, but I really didn't expect him to get off-panelled like that, considering his popularity and all. His death makes sense though. I had said it a while ago that Ichigo had confirmed Grimmjow's death back on chapter 379. He says Ulquiorra, Nnoitra and Grimmjow are dead.

http://somemangas.com/images/2085168.jpg

Grimmjow is nowhere to be seen after the battles are over, so he apparently died and no one noticed him. The 2nd character databook that came out 2 years ago also stated that Grimmjow was dying after Nnoitra's attack. He didn't receive treatment and inevitably died. I almost feel bad about his anticlimatic and pitiful death.

Sorry guys, this is official,

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/043/6/b/grimmjow__s_died_by_ainozomi-d39e08s.jpg

thornofcarrion
March 10, 2011, 04:45 AM
It wasn't a surprise for me, I expected that. It feels odd to see a character like GJ, who had a part in Ichigo's growth, dying off-panel. Anyway, I have said in the past, really had no role left in the story IMHO.

kkck
March 11, 2011, 11:36 PM
Damn, to see the coolest arrancar out there get killed off by nnoitora of all people.... Sad stuff, I really wanted grimmjow to pull a vegeta lol.

Crystal Black
March 13, 2011, 04:19 PM
This is unexpected I really thought he would have lived after that but I guess not. It actually makes sense though, no one was there to heal him but Orihime in shich I highly doubt she would have did.

kkck
March 14, 2011, 04:58 AM
After hearing this news, what I am wondering is whether we will ever see arrancar play a significant role again. If grimmjow, arguably the most popular espada, died off screen only to be forgotten I can't imagine more arrancar appearing. Arrancar were cool overall, I will definitely miss resurreccion. Is the interview for real? Seems a tad random....

Utae
March 14, 2011, 06:11 AM
I'm sure we're going to see Nel again.

After hearing this news, what I am wondering is whether we will ever see arrancar play a significant role again. If grimmjow, arguably the most popular espada, died off screen only to be forgotten I can't imagine more arrancar appearing. Arrancar were cool overall, I will definitely miss resurreccion. Is the interview for real? Seems a tad random....

Interview is 100% legitimate. You can find more discussion on Grimmjow's death here.

http://forums.mangafox.com/showthread.php?t=249603

Jorge D. Dragon
March 15, 2011, 01:27 PM
I'm not that surprised about Grimjow's death, cause it was rather logical according to what happened in manga. Also Ichi did really confirm the fact of Grimjow's death himself.
Even though I'm actually not that interested in Grimjow it won't be bad to see him alive, but for now the only one we might actually see would be Nel as she has a posibility to become the Queen of Hueco Mundo.;)

Utae
March 15, 2011, 06:33 PM
I'm not that surprised about Grimjow's death, cause it was rather logical according to what happened in manga. Also Ichi did really confirm the fact of Grimjow's death himself.
Even though I'm actually not that interested in Grimjow it won't be bad to see him alive, but for now the only one we might actually see would be Nel as she has a posibility to become the Queen of Hueco Mundo.;)

No one's surprised about Grimmjow's death lol. He had been lying on the sand bleeding for 3 and a half years. I already knew he was dead anyway. Moving on :noworry

Nel should become the Queen of Hueco Mundo now that she's the only espada left. :wtf

Schabrak
March 16, 2011, 04:24 AM
Well I'm suprised, after all he became partly good at the end and as we know not a single named good character dies in Bleach. Just shows the authors incompetence imo. He was a great character, may had reached his limit, but so do a lot of Shinigami or well he's just retarding their show off's, to let them use new powers that they couldn't in the last mortal/grave situation. I just wish Nel would have healed him as she did with Kenpachi[it was him, wasn't it?, on that one sketchy picture.].

Utae
March 16, 2011, 05:56 AM
Well I'm suprised, after all he became partly good at the end and as we know not a single named good character dies in Bleach. Just shows the authors incompetence imo. He was a great character, may had reached his limit, but so do a lot of Shinigami or well he's just retarding their show off's, to let them use new powers that they couldn't in the last mortal/grave situation. I just wish Nel would have healed him as she did with Kenpachi[it was him, wasn't it?, on that one sketchy picture.].

That's no reason to call the author incompetent. Grimmjow's death confirmation was not a surprise at all. The 2nd character book that came out 1 year ago already mentioned that Grimmjow was on the verge of death after Nnoitra's attack. Grimmjow was dying, meaning the wound was way more fatal than what you may have thought. Despite Ichigo protecting him, Grimmjow was a villain, and unlike the good guys, villains always end up with the short stick. That's all there is to it.

I don't think Nel was the one to heal Kenpachi. The omake just showed that Kenpachi woke her up. There's no way Nel's saliva could have healed Kenpachi's pierced abdomen.. I believe Unohana healed him before he ran to Yammy. Nel didn't have a reason to heal Grimmjow anyway. He hurt Ichigo, she saw him as an enemy.

Schabrak
March 16, 2011, 06:54 AM
That's for me to decide. All enemies dying without a single good characters facing the same fate, especially with as lethal attacks as they do, is bad writing imo, it's simply unrealistic. We saw a dozen of characters on the verge of death and be healed in the end, so it's a suprise, especially with two[three] healing characters at the same place and a character change in Grimmjow. There are hundreds of cases in Manga, where a former villain became good or a ally as the plot goes on. The whole of the Soul Society was "bad" too, till after Aizen revealed his plan, Ichigo even protected Grimmjaw from being killed by Nnoitra.

Utae
March 16, 2011, 07:18 AM
That's for me to decide. All enemies dying without a single good characters facing the same fate, especially with as lethal attacks as they do, is bad writing imo, it's simply unrealistic. We saw a dozen of characters on the verge of death and be healed in the end, so it's a suprise, especially with two[three] healing characters at the same place and a character change in Grimmjow. There are hundreds of cases in Manga, where a former villain became good or a ally as the plot goes on. The whole of the Soul Society was "bad" too, till after Aizen revealed his plan, Ichigo even protected Grimmjaw from being killed by Nnoitra.

Correction: A dozen of good characters.

Good guys live, bad guys die. That's Kubo's shounen law and there's nothing we can do about it. Whether it's bad writing or not, as long as it brings money he will stick to this writing style. Grimmjow doesn't need to be alive in order to "sell" and bring money to Kubo (i.e. Ulquiorra)

Grimmjow just wouldn't fit the role of an anti-hero imo, and Kubo most probably saw that issue after a while. There are already plenty of recurring characters: Ishida, Renji, Kenpachi, Byakuya, Neliel.. We don't need more of them.

Also I don't think there was a character change in Grimmjow. In the end he still tried to attack Ichigo, only to be taken down by Nnoitra. As for healing characters being around, nobody had a reason to heal him in the first place. Then again, think of it like this: Grimmjow was on the verge of death since the moment Nnoitra arrived. What are the chances he didn't succumb to his wounds during Nnoitra's fights? My point is, even if Unohana or Nel would try to heal Grimmjow, there would be no point the moment he was already dead.

Hystzen
March 16, 2011, 04:17 PM
meh give it a year and grimmjow will appear to help ichigo with whatever kubo decides to be the villain group . seriously i think the first interview of jump translation was more correct translation looking at it. kubo was vague like always but the word future is clearly there so it seems it could be right he will return in future.

i mean it not that hard to write he alive..unohana healed the ex espada chad beat for no reason and she must have turned up to heal kenpachi so could have healed him then.. if kubo can claim unohana can heal hiryori who was sliced in half then grimmjow is easy

Utae
March 16, 2011, 04:46 PM
I'll give Grimmjow a maximum of 6-8 months to make a return. For once, if one in a million chances Kubo did say that Grimmjow is indeed alive and important for the future, in the next year's Jump Festa they could easily question Kubo where is Grimmjow as he had promised last year. If the french summary is true, Grimmjow should appear till the end of this year.

exacta
March 16, 2011, 10:09 PM
That's no reason to call the author incompetent. Grimmjow's death confirmation was not a surprise at all. The 2nd character book that came out 1 year ago already mentioned that Grimmjow was on the verge of death after Nnoitra's attack. Grimmjow was dying, meaning the wound was way more fatal than what you may have thought. Despite Ichigo protecting him, Grimmjow was a villain, and unlike the good guys, villains always end up with the short stick. That's all there is to it.

I don't think Nel was the one to heal Kenpachi. The omake just showed that Kenpachi woke her up. There's no way Nel's saliva could have healed Kenpachi's pierced abdomen.. I believe Unohana healed him before he ran to Yammy. Nel didn't have a reason to heal Grimmjow anyway. He hurt Ichigo, she saw him as an enemy.

Either way, the way Kubo handled Grimmjows death was clearly very poor. Seriously, if Kubo kills a character most of the time it shouldn't be anything less than obvious as to whether the characters alive or not, unless hes trying to set up a plot twist or something. Took us three years to find out. Grimmjows death wasn't proper at all, we didn't even really see him die. What was the point of having Ichigo protect Grimmjow from Nnoitras attack if he was gonna die anyway??? Another popular Bleach character wasted.:facepalm

If Grimmjow really is alive I guess the way he handled it wasn't bad....but it would've been nice if we at least saw him make a comment or something. The arc continued waaay too long for Kubo not to give us a hint that he was definitely alive or definitely dead.

kkck
March 16, 2011, 11:05 PM
But isn't there an interview that says grimmjow will be important in the future? I also find it strange that kubo, who is usually painfully ambiguous, would suddenly be so specific or allow someone else to be this specific.

exacta
March 16, 2011, 11:55 PM
But isn't there an interview that says grimmjow will be important in the future? I also find it strange that kubo, who is usually painfully ambiguous, would suddenly be so specific or allow someone else to be this specific.

I know I'm confused.......he also wouldn't say anything about whether Ulquiorra was really dead or not. I can't imagine Arrancar never appearing again....

Utae
March 17, 2011, 01:26 AM
Either way, the way Kubo handled Grimmjows death was clearly very poor. Seriously, if Kubo kills a character most of the time it shouldn't be anything less than obvious as to whether the characters alive or not, unless hes trying to set up a plot twist or something. Took us three years to find out. Grimmjows death wasn't proper at all, we didn't even really see him die. What was the point of having Ichigo protect Grimmjow from Nnoitras attack if he was gonna die anyway??? Another popular Bleach character wasted.:facepalm

If Grimmjow really is alive I guess the way he handled it wasn't bad....but it would've been nice if we at least saw him make a comment or something. The arc continued waaay too long for Kubo not to give us a hint that he was definitely alive or definitely dead.

I've said it before, but my guess is that Kubo kept Grimmjow alive because at that time he was probably having ideas with a possible future role for Grimmjow, but later he realized this development wouldn't sit right with the plotline. By the time he concluded that there was nothing he could do with Grimmjow, it was too late. He already had left his fate in ambiguity, so he decided to let Grimmjow die without confirming anything at all, pretty much like Ulquiorra. My guess is that after 3 and a half years Kubo was starting to feel bad that the fans still kept sending him letters about Grimmjow, so he decided to reveal his death and end it there. After 3+ years the fans wouldn't create the huge uproar they would have if Kubo had confirmed Grimmjow's death right after Nnoitra killed him. The blow of Grimmjow's death became softer after all these years.

It was not an interview, it was a french summary, and it actually proved to be a fake.

Btw, Ulquiorra's death was not ambiguous imo.

In that same interview Kubo said that he was pleased with "Ulquiorra turning to dust and disappearing" and that his death had garnered a great reaction from around the world. Ulquiorra dying was also voted as the number 1 most impactful scene from last years Bleach. He also watched while the scene of Ulquiorra dying was played for him and fans from the upcoming manga arc. At some point he was asked point blank if Ulquiorra was really dead. To which he replied "I'll leave it up to you to guess". Those were his exact words and they have been interpreted by Ulquiorra fans as meaning he wasn't confirming Ulquiorra's death. But taken in context with everything else he said in the interview, it is plain that what he's saying is "Ulquiorra is not coming back, but if you want to believe he's alive, go ahead".

Schabrak
March 17, 2011, 05:12 AM
Isn't the conclusion of what you wrote, that Tite hadn't planed much at all. Leaving a character half-dead to be able to use him in some years, only realizing that he made a mess and let him die off-screen. [If did did.] Jump Festa interviews are questionable with no real recording and yeah the author can change his mind at any minute.

Wasn't it natural for fans to ask something, even if it was obvious, 'cause nobody would wish for his favourite to die. Kubo did either say it to simply sooth his fans or/and because he's greedy, wants people to keep reading his manga. :E At least the fight was worth his setup.

Utae
March 17, 2011, 05:49 AM
Isn't the conclusion of what you wrote, that Tite hadn't planed much at all. Leaving a character half-dead to be able to use him in some years, only realizing that he made a mess and let him die off-screen. [If did did.] Jump Festa interviews are questionable with no real recording and yeah the author can change his mind at any minute.

Wasn't it natural for fans to ask something, even if it was obvious, 'cause nobody would wish for his favourite to die. Kubo did either say it to simply sooth his fans or/and because he's greedy, wants people to keep reading his manga. :E At least the fight was worth his setup.

Kubo can't change his mind at a whim. Once he seals some facts in either the databooks or the Jump interviews, if he tries to ignore or disregard those facts in the future, the shonen Jump editors won't allow him to take said actions. In other words, the moment Kubo disclosed that Grimmjow is dead, he can't simply retract it and say he's alive. Shonen Jump could easily cancel bleach if they deem that Kubo is being completely arbitrary and inconsistent.

Also I don't think Kubo's interview soothed the fans in any way.. For all I know the japanese fans are currently very displeased and complaining about Kubo saying that Grimmjow is dead. They are inquiring him about the issue on twitter, but Kubo is not allowed to give away information or answer questions regarding the Jump interviews. We can only wait till his next interview to learn why he suddenly decided to let Grimmjow die.

Schabrak
March 17, 2011, 06:15 AM
Never heard of retcons? By Itachi telling Sasuke something he made up some facts, later on Kishi could have retconed it easily with Madara changing these facts by telling "his" truth. Toriyama kills of Goku to end the manga, editor doesn't want that and he retcons it to proceed. Someone reached his limit, but later on learns a strong attack/power -> retcon. It's as easy as that.

Even if Grimmjaw is dead, why shouldn't Kubo be able to resurrect him later on? It wouldn't contradict with his previous statement.

kkck
March 17, 2011, 11:36 AM
I know I'm confused.......he also wouldn't say anything about whether Ulquiorra was really dead or not. I can't imagine Arrancar never appearing again....

Ok, I understand why there would be doubts about grimmjow's death but why would there be doubts about ulquiorra? We saw him vanishing into nothingness for crying out loud. Ulquiorra is the one character who I would think is 200% dead without so much as a shred of doubt.

CeroOskuraz
March 17, 2011, 02:00 PM
Here's what happened to each of the Espada

Aaroneiro and Szayel ended up in hell, so to say they survived is just...
Zommari evaporated
Nnoitra took two kendos and was summarily unable to renegerate anything
Ulquiorra turned into dust
Harribel was killed by Aizen, of all people
Barragan disintegrated
Stark's chest exploded.

The only people who could possibly have survived are Yammy and Grimmjow, and that's only being very very generous to both of them.

Utae
March 17, 2011, 02:31 PM
Lump in Yammy's nonexistent popularity and you know he's 100% positively dead as well.

kkck
March 17, 2011, 02:44 PM
Here's what happened to each of the Espada

Aaroneiro and Szayel ended up in hell, so to say they survived is just...
Zommari evaporated
Nnoitra took two kendos and was summarily unable to renegerate anything
Ulquiorra turned into dust
Harribel was killed by Aizen, of all people
Barragan disintegrated
Stark's chest exploded.

The only people who could possibly have survived are Yammy and Grimmjow, and that's only being very very generous to both of them.

Harribel did not seem to sustain injuries any more severe than what aizen did to most of the other captains though. Starrk quite literally cracked but even with him I would think there is some room for him to have a chance. I think we actually saw nnoitora's dead body... Unfortunately, specially in bleach, seeing a dead character dying is not quite the same as seeing the dead body.

Arioch
March 17, 2011, 03:00 PM
The interview fragments provided contradict with each other.
This was just a discussion on the board between two Japanese fans.

One is 583 the other one 587.

Here is a more complete version of this discussion.

583 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2010/12/18(土) 21:12:53 ID:VoJ+JBMP0

自分の記憶の範囲で、ステージ補足。

My own’s memory

森田か折笠の、「今全体のどの辺ですか?」という質問に対し、

Morita/Oririn’s question “As of this whereabouts?”

「半分は超えている」と師匠。

“Past halfway.” Answers sensei.

それに対して「少なくても10年は続きますね」と言ったのは森田

Then in that case [It needs at least 10 more years to continue.” Said Morita.

破面編が予定より長くなったという事に対して、

As regards to matter that arrancar arc was longer than as planned.

「じゃあ、予想外に活躍したキャラはいますか?」と森田がきくと、

Then in that case, character’s unexpected activities were put in there? Morita asked.

「グリムジョー。もっと早く死ぬつもりだったんだけど、描いてたら 勿体無くなったんで、活躍させた」と師匠

I planned Grimmjow to die earlier, but when I drew it, I saw there was no emphasize at all, so I added activities to it.” Said sensei.

藍染の「私は君が生まれた時から知っている」という台詞について

Referring to Aizen’s speech “I know you since you were born.”

この秘密はいつ明かされるのか、と質問する森田

“When is this secret going to be revealed?” Morita asked.

「まだはっきり決めてない」

“I haven’t clearly decided yet.” Sensei answered.

「考えてはいるんですか?」

“Have you thought about it yet?”

「なんとなく考えてはいる。でもすべて描く予定は無い。読者の想像の余地を残したいから」

“I do think about them, But I have not decided to draw all of them. I like to leave them into the reader’s imaginations.”

みたいな感じ

It's what I get(from there)

思い出したらまた書く

If I can remember anything else…..I will write it again.

587 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2010/12/18(土) 21:21:53 ID:nW7HcKnS0

自分もステージ観たけど、ちとニュアンスが違うと思う

I too witness the stage, I think there’s a slight difference.

GJのことは「先生が当初考えていたより活躍したキャラはいますか?」ときかれた師匠が

Grimmjow’s matter….”Is there any character that was more active than what teacher had thought?” questioned to the teacher

「グリムジョーですね。すぐに死ぬ予定だったんですが、思ったより活躍して・・」

“Grimmjow. I expected it to die instantly, but he played more active part than what I thought.” Sensei’s answer.

みたいな流れで、少なくとも自分は「現在死んでいる」とは受け取らなかった

looking from flow (of context), I didn’t get anything of “he’s dead now” from it.

あと師匠は「全体の半分くらい」と言っただけ

After that, sensei only said, “Presently is half-way through”

森田「じゃぁ、あと30年くらい続くんですか?」

Morita: “then, you need to continue at least 30 years?”

師匠「いえ、もっと短くしたいと・・」

Sensei: ”No, I prefer to shorten it more…”

森田「皆さん!少なくとも10年は続くそうですよ!(笑)」

Morita: Everybody!! It looks like it would continue at least 10 years.

って感じだった

That’s what I feel.

530 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2010/12/18(土) 17:51:34 ID:wn/5oIzu0

788 名前:マロン名無しさん[sage] 投稿日:2010/12/18(土) 16:38:52 ID:???

ジャンプスーパーステージ

Was anyone able to find a more reliable source of information? Because even here is contradiction regarding Grimm's status, not to mention French summary.

Are there any official minutes of this interview?

kkck
March 17, 2011, 03:09 PM
I think kubo is simply being ambiguous as usual.... If he feels it makes sense to add grimmjow to the story then there is nothing really to stop him from doing it.

Arioch
March 17, 2011, 03:16 PM
Could be also a trick to check fan's reaction. If to much negative reaction received, Grimm will be back. Even Mayuri can heal him ;) for the latter use as test subject

Utae
March 17, 2011, 03:29 PM
Could be also a trick to check fan's reaction. If to much negative reaction received, Grimm will be back. Even Mayuri can heal him ;) for the latter use as test subject

Yes, if you want 2m fangirls to commit suicide just the second after they stop squealing from the rejoice.. :-_-

I believe that if Grimmjow somehow pulls it through it will have to do with http://www.bleachanime.org/forums/images/smiliesbleach/nel2.gif
Kubo is too lazy to bring her and Grimmjow back separately. It'll be interesting too, imo.

exacta
March 17, 2011, 06:17 PM
Ok, I understand why there would be doubts about grimmjow's death but why would there be doubts about ulquiorra? We saw him vanishing into nothingness for crying out loud. Ulquiorra is the one character who I would think is 200% dead without so much as a shred of doubt.

I'm sure hes "dead", but the fact that Kubo didn't want to comment on it makes it sound like theres a possibility we may somehow see him again in the future. Maybe get revived or something, I don't know.

kkck
March 17, 2011, 06:54 PM
I'm sure hes "dead", but the fact that Kubo didn't want to comment on it makes it sound like theres a possibility we may somehow see him again in the future. Maybe get revived or something, I don't know.

Well, orihime could technically resurrect ulquiorra at any point she cares to but that would be anticlimatic..... It'd be interesting if his souls gets brought back from the flow of souls which is supposed to exist between worlds though but that would be quite a bit away from now.

Utae
April 11, 2011, 05:44 PM
Well, from what we last saw of Grimmjow he was indeed still alive, but just barely (since the databook mentioned he was on the verge of death)... My opinion is that Grimmjow did die, but Kubo gave it later on as a retconned event.

I'm still not entirely sure why Kubo went through the trouble to show us that Grimmjow was still alive right after a chapter that we could have very well assumed he was actually killed, but my rough guess is that, at that time during the Nnoitra/Ulquiorra/Yammy fights, Kubo (apparently) felt like keeping Grimmjow around for some possible use in the future, either to pay his debt to Ichigo and open a garganta for the nakama to escape (since Aizen had sealed all the gargantas in HM), or just help in the fights.

Kubo never clarified whether Grimmjow survived or not, because (imo) Kubo himself didn't know whether he would actually apply more development on Grimmjow. So, since Kubo is indecisive and kinda wary of how such a risky development would play out in the general plot, he simply compromises to leave Grimmjow's fate in an aura of ambiguity so in the future he can either announce "He's alive" or "He's dead". Only Kubo knows what really happened to Grimmjow, and since the fans can't say for sure whether Grimmjow survived or not, Kubo has the upper hand in case he finally decides to pick either scenario (dead/alive). Kubo played things quite smartly, so no one accuses him for "killing" Grimmjow because he was surely "alive", but at the same time no one can accuse him for "reviving" Grimmjow because he was surely "dead".

However, Kubo doesn't get the chance to fit Grimmjow anywhere, either because the Hueco Mundo arc had already dragged way too longer than what he had originally planned, or because he deemed that bringing Grimmjow back would create even more inconsistencies (Nobody healed Grimmjow--> how did he survive?) Those sort of authorial hesitations.

So, Ichigo gets to KT, he defeats Aizen, arrancar arc is over, but Grimmjow's possible role never comes to play. Eventually Kubo realizes that at this late point Grimmjow can't possibly contribute to the plot in any way possible, so he decides that Grimmjow is dead. There wasn't any clear indication that Grimmjow was even remotely dead after Nnoitra blindsided him. Kubo just left it at that, "Grimmjow is there, lying on the sand, saved by Ichigo." So, what can Kubo do to change his own mess?... However, the 2nd character databook comes out, having scene clarifications and interviews regarding matters in the Hueco Mundo arc, and it's covering the events up to Nnoitra's death. Perfect opportunity for Kubo to throw us the first hint for what happened to Grimmjow.

"Nnoitra mocks the dying Grimmjow."

That's just it. Nnoitra incapacitates Grimmjow, but in addition to the events we were already aware of (Grimmjow being heavily wounded), Kubo also adds the word "dying". And the fans start to fret because it's actually happening--> Grimmjow is dying. It's the first indication that Kubo has made up his mind, now implying Grimmjow's actual death, and unfortunately, in retcon (and off-panel too).. No death scene, no flashback, just an altered past event because of Kubo's neglectful writing.

On top of that, here comes the Jump Festa interview, which, in my opinion, Kubo intended to ultimately hint Grimmjow's death.

Kubo: I planned Grimmjow to die earlier...
(Fans: Thanks a bunch Kubo...)

I can safely say that Kubo's giving progressively heavier blows on Grimmjow's death in these 4 years, so, going by these "progressive blows", I'll make a prediction for Kubo's next interview that involves Grimmjow.

Kubo: Grimmjow is dead.

I could go as far to call Kubo incompetent for treating his characters like that, because it actually shows that the arrancars were total fodder and could turn dispensable at any time Kubo had a whim. *sigh*

Aonsaithya
April 12, 2011, 01:22 AM
Well, orihime could technically resurrect ulquiorra at any point she cares to but that would be anticlimatic..... It'd be interesting if his souls gets brought back from the flow of souls which is supposed to exist between worlds though but that would be quite a bit away from now.

Funny, I was playing around with the thought of that, since Orihime has met an enemy clearly stronger than herself. She just might want an indebted errand boy, and I'd say Ulquiorra was far stronger than any of the Fullbringers.

Two problems with that fantasy, though:
1) Ulquiorra turned to dust on the roof of Las Noches, a huge building in the middle of a desert, so he's probably been scattered all over the sands of Hueco Muendo by now.
2) Inoue had trouble rejecting the chest injury Ulquiorra inflicted on Ichigo, even stating "an incredible reiatsu is wrapped up deep within Kurosaki-kun's wounds...I can't reject it".

That being said, I suppose it's the same reason Yamamoto has only one arm now; Orihime isn't nearly strong enough to reject something done/with a huge amount of reiatsu. Including Grimmjow, Ulquiorra and Yamamoto's arm.

Utae
April 14, 2011, 06:39 AM
Oh, and I overlooked something in my previous post... It's Grimmjow's actual death reference though no one probably noticed it.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/928/bleach896701.jpg

g0dzax
April 14, 2011, 10:49 AM
@Utae: Very interesting.You just made me believe that Grimmjow is dead.

ShootToKill
May 03, 2011, 07:59 PM
Utae's post certianly does make it look as though he's dead, although it might just be reading a little too much into Ichigo's emotion driven statement.

However, keeping him around wouldn't make too much sense. This isn't DBZ, so I doubt he'll become a Vegeta with Kubo saying "The fans like him, so lets make him a "good guy" so we can keep him around a bit longer". He's still essentially a hollow, so it's unlikely to think of him becoming an ally to Ichigo/SS considering their primary purpose is to slay hollows. However, I doubt he would become the new "King of Hueco Mundo" either, since he's not a "true" hollow any more, so it just seems to be an unlikely scenario. Further, he won't be an antagonist again since he alone wouldn't even be a threat to the stronger Captains, let alone SS as a whole. Unless Kubo devises some way of giving him a lot more power, there doesn't seem to be a suitable excuse to bring him back.