PDA

View Full Version : Xophien's Brigade - Save the World by Overloading it with Konata-ism and Yuri

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Xophien
October 23, 2008, 08:44 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9845/swokydanyf2.jpg

The Save the World by Overloading it with Konata-ism and Yuri Brigade is re-re-opened!

Dear otaku, welcome. If you're not a dear otaku, but just in a quest for your own identity, and still stumbled on this thread, I'll say to you : the answer to life, the universe and everything that exists could be here. If you stumbled on this thread by mistake, think that Japanese animation's main work is Pokemon, and don't know the meaning of the word "hentai", I strongly suggest you to close your browser before this thread eats your mind with nonsensical otakuness, hentainess and kawaiiness. You've been warned :oh

So yeah, the purpose of this sect brigade is to save the world by overloading it with Konata-ism and yuri, both of which are the ultimate solution to life, the universe, and everything that exists, as well as every that doesn't exist and the disappearance of penguins. Because, as said in the Kuroi Bible : "Goddess Suzumiya created mankind on the sixth day, noticed that was a rather failed and violent creation, then went on her seventh day to invent eroges, moe, and created the Goddess Konata as the one who shalt reign above the last hope of mankind, the peaceful homo sapiens otakus. Then, seeing how all the guys would eventually be turned into hikikomoris, she created Yuri as the solution to ease the boredom of girls." (Suzumiya Haruhi no Bible, chapter I, verse XLII). Many years later, the Danchou of this brigade would have the idea of speeding the process by turning this thread into a playground for otakus, ruled by the SWOKY-Dan.

Swoky-dan ni Youkoso! As this thread has become a mess in my opinion, let me state a few rules that will make everyone's experience of it a bit nicer :amuse
1. No spam. Tendencies to spam are part of anyone's persona on internet, including this very brigade's Danchou himself, which might be just why no spam will be tolerated in this thread.
2. No off-topic. There are two main genres of topics allowed in this thread : questions about the Danchou, since, in the beginning, this was kinda an ask-me thread after all, and discussions about anything related to the otaku world, including animes, mangas, figures, goodies, Japan, and videogames.
3. No bashing. That is the first and foremost rule of MH, and it'll be strictly enforced in this thread as well.
All of these are rules of MH per se, though they're tolerated to some extent in the Ask-Me threads. I won't tolerate that, so I'm reserving the right to use my mod powers to remove such posts. Welcome to my dictatorship :oh

If you have any fanart/artwork of pretty/cute/cool/sexy/moe/whatever girl/girls, don't hesitate to post them in this thread, I love those :nuts

Official Theme Song of the Brigade
Koi no Minoru Densetsu, track 15 of the Shiraishi Minoru no Otoko no Lullaby album, transcribed and translated by me

Min-min-mirakuru Minorun-run

Sunao ni WAWAWA to, ienai kimi mo, yuuki o dashite
Koi no majinai, yaaaaaay biimu, kakete ageru

Gensaku ni detenai, orijinaru kyara
Itsumo Akira-sama ni, ijirareru yo
Yoru wa shippori, hoshitachi ni negai o kakeru
Motto warai ga, toremasu you ni

Kasou desu ka, josou desu ka, Baby
Geinin no michi e, ashiri dashitara
Kamon lettsu dansu, kamon lettsu dansu, Baby
Muchana furi kite, supesharu burookun haato

(Itsu ni nattara, hikidashi dekiru kana...)

Sugu neta ni sareru, soko no anata mo, genki o dashite
Okashina pawaa, inai ni hoi hoi biimu, kakete ageru

Terebi toka rajio toka kankei nai
Ikinari neta furare, sukoshi komaru yo
Ano hito (Akira-sama) mo, itsu no hi ka watashi o suteru
Sonna no iya da! Shigoto tsudzuketai

Kanou desu ka? Sore kanou desu ka? Baby
Oya ga nakanakya, nandemo yarimasu
Kamon gecchansu kamon gecchansu Baby
Otagei shiranai kedo, romansu dancing tonight

(isso, koroshite~)

Kasou desu ka, josou desu ka, Baby
Geinin no michi e, ashiri dashitara
Kamon lettsu dansu, kamon lettsu dansu, Baby
Muchana furi kite, supesharu burookun haato

Kanou desu ka? Sore kanou desu ka? Baby
Oya ga nakanakya, nandemo yarimasu
Kamon gecchansu kamon gecchansu Baby
Otagei shiranai kedo, romansu dancing tonight

(Taniguchi, kamoon!)

WA WA WAWAWA minorun-run
WA WA WAWAWA minorun-runMin-min-miracle Minorun-run
Min-min-miracle Minorun-run

If you too can’t say frankly WAWAWA, gather your courage
This love spell, yaaaaaay beam, I’ll give it to you

Not in the original work, original chara
Always bullied by Akira-sama
Drenched under the night sky, I make a wish to the stars
For a way to make laugh more

Is it a disguise? Is it woman’s clothes? Baby
I’ll run on the path of entertaining
Come on let’s dance, come on let’s dance, Baby
Coming with absurd freedom, special broken heart

(I wonder when it’ll come, my breakthrough...)

If you over there want to make sudden jokes too, gather your vitality
This weird power, sudden “hoi hoi” beam, I’ll give it to you

It doesn’t matter if it’s on TV or on the radio
If your joke is suddenly rejected, you’re a bit worried
That person too, one day she’ll want to get rid of me
I don’t want that! I want to keep my job

Is it possible? Is that possible? Baby
I don’t want to make my parents cry, I’ll do anything
Come on give me a chance, come on give me a chance, Baby
I may know nothing of the otaku world, but it’s romance dancing tonight

(Might as well get killed!)

Is it a disguise? Is it woman’s clothes? Baby
I’ll run on the path of entertaining
Come on let’s dance, come on let’s dance, Baby
Coming with absurd freedom, special broken heart

Is it possible? Is that possible? Baby
I don’t want to make my parents cry, I’ll do anything
Come on give me a chance, come on give me a chance, Baby
I may know nothing of the otaku world, but it’s romance dancing tonight

(Taniguchi, come on!)

WA WA WAWAWA Minorun-run
WA WA WAWAWA Minorun-run

ibra87
October 23, 2008, 08:44 PM
You know, St. Etienne completely defeated FCK, which is the Danish equivalent of the French Lyon. Kinda makes you (and me) happy inside, doesn't it? :dance (also, I'm here to split your thread <.<)

Xophien
October 24, 2008, 11:03 AM
You know, St. Etienne completely defeated FCK, which is the Danish equivalent of the French Lyon. Kinda makes you (and me) happy inside, doesn't it? :dance

Actually I was wondering if you were a supporter of the FCK, so I'm quite glad you aren't, since we can both rejoice over this victory of us :dance And what a match! Shame I couldn't see it (it wasn't airing on any of those stupid french channels :darn), because from what I heard on the radio, we pretty much humiliated them :XD This is looking good, with Bruges and Rosenborg taking each other down, if we just win another match we're as good as qualified :whoo

Drakno
October 24, 2008, 11:26 AM
Hai, swoky butler reportin present!

(since u asked for all dangos to report)

death4578
October 24, 2008, 01:41 PM
Meh, member here ~~
And some random gif with me

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/6492/toukops8.gif

eni
October 24, 2008, 04:19 PM
A new thread? :nuts

http://i35.tinypic.com/wi23wy.jpg

The scanlations are finally down up to v4ch20 (hiatus by mangaka).
Don't leave them alone for too long or they'll get cold!
http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/1718
:luv

Xophien
October 24, 2008, 04:34 PM
Hai, swoky butler reportin present!

(since u asked for all dangos to report)

I also said to bring the yuri, but I wasn't really expecting something from you so i guess that's alright >.>;

Meh, member here ~~
And some random gif with me

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/6492/toukops8.gif

Nya, cute~ I kinda want to make a sig out of this one :XD

A new thread? :nuts

http://i35.tinypic.com/wi23wy.jpg

The scanlations are finally down up to v4ch20 (hiatus by mangaka).
Don't leave them alone for too long or they'll get cold!
http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/1718
:luv

Why aren't you a yuri fan, eniway? *goes to download*

eni
October 24, 2008, 05:21 PM
Why aren't you a yuri fan, eniway?
There was a nice article on yuri/yaoi, trying to explain that women and men like it for different reasons:

Genetics force men to "collect" women while it makes women to "select" men. Men are going for quantity ("As many as possible to keep humanity alive! One at least will make it >.>"). Women choose quality ("The best one for the future of the race!"). In both cases they fight rivals but in different ways. Men are aggressive/attacking towards the other, women try to be better/more appealing than the concurrent.

It said that men see something to play in yuri, they mostly imagine themselves inbetween the girls while they see the males in yaoi naturally as something to fight off. There's little chance that character development or art style can help against this feeling, therefor men have a harder time to accept yaoi.

Women, on the other hand, tend to imagine themselves as one of the parties in yaoi, choosing automatically the other as the perfect match. Because none of them is female, they aren't limited to either role and can switch anytime, enjoying both sides (uke/seme) equally. Yuri appears as boring as they see a mirror image of themselves which needs to be topped and that's simply too stressful for a read, unless the characters are worth to be idolized - which gives an opening to women to like yuri.

Sadly the style in yuri aimed at men is too optimized for "manly likings", which destroys this opening right from the start. However, josei-yuri is quite popular even among straight women, simply because the female leads aren't portrayed as puppet-like playthings (art and character wise) and are equal to "normal" josei and mature shoujo characters. That's also the answer I give you on your question: It's mostly the presentation - I simply dislike the typical eroge art style for yuri characters as well as most of the "appealing to guys"-stereotypes for the female roles. I don't mind the yuri itself at all. Hope that helped with your research on your brigade goal. Improve yuri! >.>

Makes me wonder why that doesn't work at all for yaoi? Hm...
Xophien! Looking at this thesis, a serious (not fangirl-contaminated) story about a gay couple wouldn't be interesting at all to read for the average straight guy?

Xophien
October 24, 2008, 06:15 PM
I just said that as a joke, I wasn't expecting you to write a whole essay about it :XD It was interesting, though... Even if it made me realize that I wasn't a normal guy, since normal guys according to your article want to be in between the yuri thingie and I sure as heck don't. I want to be far away, taking pictures >.> I can understand when you say the "typical eroge art style", but that's only mostly true for yuri eroges (and to some extent animes as well), mangas tend to avoid that, honestly... I've just read the latest issue of Yuri Hime and the art is pretty much 90% shoujo/josei looking, so I think you should read more releases from lililicious >.>

Makes me wonder why that doesn't work at all for yaoi? Hm...
Xophien! Looking at this thesis, a serious (not fangirl-contaminated) story about a gay couple wouldn't be interesting at all to read for the average straight guy?

I'm afraid it's not as simple as that, there seems to be a mental blockade in guys' minds that says "THOU SHALL NOT ENJOY SEEING YOUR FELLOW BROTHERS GOING AFTER EACH OTHER'S REAR END". So even a serious story with an enjoyable art style (from a male point of view), would still be hard to enjoy (or read >.>) because of that. I want to think of myself as rather tolerant on the matter, but just imagining reading a yaoi cause my mind to tell me "OMG NOOOOO! Go back to play hentai games, you tard! [...] Haaa, Konata bless thighhighs...". You see, my mind isn't the most rational out there, and it still doesn't want me to read yaoi, no matter what. Men... -_-;

And no, I don't have a thighhighs fetish.

Seriously.

... *cough*

Drakno
October 24, 2008, 06:47 PM
Oraaaaa I just read the latest ES21, my prediction was right :shakefist!!!!
Yes I do realize that this is a spam post but I really wanted to say this >.>

hunter71485
October 24, 2008, 09:05 PM
I'm afraid it's not as simple as that, there seems to be a mental blockade in guys' minds that says "THOU SHALL NOT ENJOY SEEING YOUR FELLOW BROTHERS GOING AFTER EACH OTHER'S REAR END".

Agreed. Some things are better left unseen. Curiosity will kill a man's pride with that. A straight guy will lose a boner faster than cutting it off once he sees that.

Drakno
October 24, 2008, 09:15 PM
I'm afraid it's not as simple as that, there seems to be a mental blockade in guys' minds that says "THOU SHALL NOT ENJOY SEEING YOUR FELLOW BROTHERS GOING AFTER EACH OTHER'S REAR END".

Agreed. Some things are better left unseen. Curiosity will kill a man's pride with that. A straight guy will lose a boner faster than cutting it off once he sees that.

Both quoted for epic and undeniable truth

Luckas
October 25, 2008, 07:52 AM
Sorry :darn no images for your new thread.

hatsuharupeace
October 26, 2008, 05:37 PM
Ooo, new SWOKY thread, congratz Xophy! Though... Same with me, no images for you, I'll see if I can pop one up for you later.

baboysai
October 27, 2008, 06:03 PM
Danchou...

I just realized when you said to bring some yuri for the reopening that I didn't have any yuri archive in my HD!!! :o

So I'll be presenting something else. And most likely you already have it, but I'd just put her in because she ought to have some space here anyway. :p

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/3/10/27/f_303552m_c6fe38a.jpg

And I read es21. I KNEW IT! I KNEW MUSASHI STILL HAD TO HAVE SOME SCREEN TIME LIKE THAT!! And moar! :yaha

igotthegoods
October 28, 2008, 11:12 PM
Oh, I'm so late checking in! :sweat

*salutes*

Gold Knight
October 31, 2008, 05:47 PM
So ES21 isn't ending any time soon!

*cheers*

Drakno
November 02, 2008, 01:57 PM
Danchou, I finally got internet at my apartment and since now I can actually download anime I figured I should watch excel saga since it caught my eye when you suggested it to Kaylee-san and all clips I found at youtube were hilarious but tokyotosho doesn't have a torrent, would you know a site I can find a torrent that actually has seeds?

hunter71485
November 02, 2008, 11:22 PM
@Drakno
Congrats on getting net on your apartment! :confetti

Excel Saga? Here's one from torrentz.com (http://www.torrentz.com/a38249ac2b7cb3d19c39921ae322a6e25434b057), here's one from Piratebay. (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3313552/Excel_Saga_DVD_Rip_(ep_01-26_complete))

death4578
November 04, 2008, 01:44 PM
Here's a random Yuki pic, not sure if that is actually sfw though >.>

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3976/77a40ff5dbf250fullvj3.jpg

eni
November 04, 2008, 02:19 PM
Epic pic! Epic! :rofl

kaylee
November 04, 2008, 02:49 PM
Yaoi has corrupted me. I swear Yuki looks more male than female there. :oh

eni
November 04, 2008, 02:51 PM
To me too. Is that a bad thing? :oh

hunter71485
November 04, 2008, 06:41 PM
I thought that was a sweet potato, not a baked potato. -_-

hatsuharupeace
November 05, 2008, 04:27 AM
I thought it was a bread roll, but yeah. :D But I do have to admit, Yuki does look slightly masculine in that page; maybe the way the artist drew her?

Xophien
November 07, 2008, 09:12 AM
One week away, I expected to find this thread in a damn mess, so i'm proud all of you managed to keep yourselves from going on rampage :amuse

Oraaaaa I just read the latest ES21, my prediction was right :shakefist!!!!

Well, ES21 has been pretty much completely predictable lately :XD It's not a surprise though, since anything that happened was meant to happen, so Inagaki couldn't help it. No we'll start a new arc, so it'll probably gt back to being impossible to predict :amuse

So ES21 isn't ending any time soon!

*cheers*

I had (and I still have to some extent) mixed feelings about that Youth World Cup thing (probably still a trauma from the time I read Captain Tsubasa >.>), but this could be damn interesting. I didn't expect to see Panther back again at THIS level of awesomeness, and that Clifford guy will be a nice match for Yamato, I'm sure. But more than anything, I can't wait to see all the aces from Japan gathered together... This is gonna be fucking awesome :XD

Danchou, I finally got internet at my apartment and since now I can actually download anime I figured I should watch excel saga since it caught my eye when you suggested it to Kaylee-san and all clips I found at youtube were hilarious but tokyotosho doesn't have a torrent, would you know a site I can find a torrent that actually has seeds?

Congrats for the internet, Drakkun :p And yeah, anyone who hasn't watch Excel Saga should do so as soon as possible, it's pretty much the wackiest anime of all times xD

Here's a random Yuki pic, not sure if that is actually sfw though >.>

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3976/77a40ff5dbf250fullvj3.jpg

:rofl

Yaoi has corrupted me. I swear Yuki looks more male than female there. :oh

To all of those who said something similar, I guess that it means that either:
-Your brains/eyes are messed up from all the yaoi you read (and that wouldn't surprise me from kay-chan, ieni and hatsu, you sure do read far too many yaoi stuff with girlish male characters >.>)
-My 2D-female-loving eyes force me to see female characters as female, because I definitely don't see your point there.

Or it could be both. Most likely both :oh

baboysai
November 07, 2008, 11:39 PM
I had (and I still have to some extent) mixed feelings about that Youth World Cup thing (probably still a trauma from the time I read Captain Tsubasa >.>), but this could be damn interesting. I didn't expect to see Panther back again at THIS level of awesomeness, and that Clifford guy will be a nice match for Yamato, I'm sure. But more than anything, I can't wait to see all the aces from Japan gathered together... This is gonna be fucking awesome :XD

True. The only words to describe panther would be "THIS awesome" :XD

I'll be expecting a lot more growth from sena. And then you'd say "I can't understand why you can never be satisfied for the sena that he is right now" or something like that?

And yeah, anyone who hasn't watch Excel Saga should do so as soon as possible, it's pretty much the wackiest anime of all times xD

I actually haven't, and wasn't ever interested. Should I have taken interest? Wait. That was a stupid question, since I'm asking it to someone who just promoted it. Or did I miss the sarcasm there? :oh

-Your brains/eyes are messed up from all the yaoi you read (and that wouldn't surprise me from kay-chan, ieni and hatsu, you sure do read far too many yaoi stuff with girlish male characters >.>)

haru-kun reads yaoi? :o

hatsuharupeace
November 07, 2008, 11:43 PM
I don't... I hate yaoi with plenty of passion. *Runs from kaylee and co.* But Yuki *did* look slightly masculine in that drawing.

Xophien
November 08, 2008, 05:13 AM
True. The only words to describe panther would be "THIS awesome" :XD

I'll be expecting a lot more growth from sena. And then you'd say "I can't understand why you can never be satisfied for the sena that he is right now" or something like that?

I can't understand why you're not satisfied with the Sena right now :oh Here, I said it :p Honestly, I can't see any way for the main Deimon characters to grow further (Sena, Monta, Hiruma, Kurita and Musashi should be at their peak, right now), so I'm not expecting much character development from them at that point. From the other characters, though, that's another matter... Can't wait for Agon to show up and insult Kurita randomly while Gaou is nearby and hears it... :XD

I actually haven't, and wasn't ever interested. Should I have taken interest? Wait. That was a stupid question, since I'm asking it to someone who just promoted it. Or did I miss the sarcasm there? :ohGreat anime with great yuri potential. Watch it :oh

haru-kun reads yaoi? :oHe won't admit it, though, but I don't think there's any other way to explain the way he is :oh

I don't... I hate yaoi with plenty of passion. *Runs from kaylee and co.* But Yuki *did* look slightly masculine in that drawing.

Get surgery for your eyes, Kisaragi :p

hatsuharupeace
November 08, 2008, 05:32 AM
He won't admit it, though, but I don't think there's any other way to explain the way he is :oh

Xophien-danchou-sama... I admit it. I do. I HATE YAOI.

Get surgery for your eyes, Kisaragi :p

Hmm... I might consider it, laser-eye surgery, you know.

Agrias
November 10, 2008, 07:42 PM
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/11/11/hatsune-miku-cosplaying-kickboxer-wins-championship/

..sorry. :x

kaylee
November 10, 2008, 08:56 PM
... oh my, that's disturbing. :s

But what's even more disturbing are some of those related links on the side... "Vacuum Cleaner Ero"??? :iik

Gold Knight
November 10, 2008, 10:19 PM
LAWL!!!

hunter71485
November 10, 2008, 10:33 PM

It was the cat (and the meganekko) that caught my attention.

and the live-action kissing yuris too.

baboysai
November 10, 2008, 11:24 PM
I can't understand why you're not satisfied with the Sena right now :oh Here, I said it :p Honestly, I can't see any way for the main Deimon characters to grow further (Sena, Monta, Hiruma, Kurita and Musashi should be at their peak, right now), so I'm not expecting much character development from them at that point. From the other characters, though, that's another matter... Can't wait for Agon to show up and insult Kurita randomly while Gaou is nearby and hears it... :XD

Yes character development for Agon might be good.

What I meant with development for sena was really his abilities. I dunno... I'm just not... satisfied yet. Like you'd expect him to deliver just because he's sena, and not because he's proven he's had enough experience, or that he's trained enough, like shin and the rest of the other star players. :darn

Hmm... I might consider it, laser-eye surgery, you know.

the danchou has amazing clairvoyance. he's actually spot-on.

It was the cat (and the meganekko) that caught my attention.

hunt, admit your furry fetish.

@kickboxer, I'm actually LSMIC.

Galth
November 11, 2008, 03:17 AM
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/11/11/hatsune-miku-cosplaying-kickboxer-wins-championship/

B-B-But, but...but... nooooooooooo!!!!!

baboysai
November 11, 2008, 03:25 AM
btw, I was about to buy this lovely Miku figure:

http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/3/11/11/f_CIMG2851m_296a3f3.jpg

but the shop owner wouldn't sell it. :crying

and then we found this:
http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/3/11/10/f_CIMG2859m_8339c19.jpg

Y500 for three tries. We lost Y1000 on it when we realized that it was a scam. that flimsy grabber couldn't grab a box like that. We got it 3 times and it would just fall off :yelling

scam, i tell you, scam!!

Xophien
November 11, 2008, 07:27 AM

While I do have some kind of grudging respect for the guy (honestly, that must have taken either some impressive guts or some damn high otaku level), I still don't think guys cosplaying as female characters is a way to pay respect to them at all. So urgh >.>

... oh my, that's disturbing. :s

But what's even more disturbing are some of those related links on the side... "Vacuum Cleaner Ero"??? :iik

Welcome to sankaku complex, kay-chan :XD

What I meant with development for sena was really his abilities. I dunno... I'm just not... satisfied yet. Like you'd expect him to deliver just because he's sena, and not because he's proven he's had enough experience, or that he's trained enough, like shin and the rest of the other star players. :darn

Because he's Sena? Wasn't the last play of the Christmas Bowl, the (estimated name) Devilbat Ghost 4th Dimension just the pinnacle of anything he is because he is? Does that even make sense? 42?

and then we found this:
http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/3/11/10/f_CIMG2859m_8339c19.jpg

Y500 for three tries. We lost Y1000 on it when we realized that it was a scam. that flimsy grabber couldn't grab a box like that. We got it 3 times and it would just fall off :yelling

scam, i tell you, scam!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of crane games. It's a scam. Of course it is, duh, how would you expect them to make money with it otherwise? They just let you bet on the extremely low probability that you'll be able to get the prize at a lower cost than if you bought it normally. While having never tried myself, I'm otaku enough to know it's damn near impossible :p

So I guess i should congratulate you guys on wasting 1000 yens trying to get a figure that costs 1500? :XD

baboysai
November 11, 2008, 10:28 AM
Because he's Sena? Wasn't the last play of the Christmas Bowl, the (estimated name) Devilbat Ghost 4th Dimension just the pinnacle of anything he is because he is? Does that even make sense? 42?

and then I realized he showed some QB abilities that are yet to be developed when he substituted Hiruma before.. so maybe...

I wanna see them as sempai senpai someday you know what I mean? :wtf

So I guess i should congratulate you guys on wasting 1000 yens trying to get a figure that costs 1500? :XD:scry

Xophien
November 11, 2008, 10:54 AM
and then I realized he showed some QB abilities that are yet to be developed when he substituted Hiruma before.. so maybe...

I see your point, but I don't think half-baked quarterback skills are going to be of you anytime soon, 'xcept maybe in a couple of trick plays. While Sena did well in becoming a great runningback in little more than half a year, a couple of months won't help him develop any QB skills. And if he plans on staying the best runningback of Japan, I'm afraid he'll have to focus on just that, it's not the time to think about changing his position^^;

I wanna see them as sempai someday you know what I mean? :wtfI... can't imagine Sena as a sen(stoptypoingit)pai :XDThis'd be too out of character... and thus probably interesting to see :amuse ES21 will have an epilogue, anyway, so let's hope we'll have a peek at their future selves then.

:scry :hug

baboysai
November 11, 2008, 11:01 AM
So I edited my typo. >.>

hmm.. an epilogue.. I don't know if it would be enough to satiate me :o

wait, wasn't agon also runningback? wouldn't that conflict with him being in the same team for the world arc?

kaylee
November 11, 2008, 11:09 AM
Agon is a natural genius, and thus plays every position perfectly. :eyeroll

I dunno about this epilogue... I'm still not excited yet.

Why can't I get excited about any ongoing manga right now? :scry

you get "excited" for other reasons, I bet :oh

Xophien
November 11, 2008, 11:22 AM
wait, wasn't agon also runningback? wouldn't that conflict with him being in the same team for the world arc?

It was never really said, but it's very lifely Agon's default position is fullback (I'm guessing that from the databook, the player of Shinryuuji playing fullback is one we never really saw in the manga), but in some Shinryuuji plays he was also shown playing wide receiver and of course quarterback, so I'm pretty sure he could play at most positions. And even if he doesn't play offense, he could really shine in defense, as a linebacker for example.

I dunno about this epilogue... I'm still not excited yet.

It'd be hard to be, honestly, the whole world cup youth thing came out of left field, and it's barely beginning, so we'll have to get over the WTF factor first^^; While I'm excited to see more the characters of ES21 interacting together, I can only pray that the story will be on par with the rest of the manga. Inagaki hasn't disappointed me once so far, so I guess i'll just trust him, but it's true it's hard to get excited about that considering we were all expecting the manga to end last week.

Why can't I get excited about any ongoing manga right now? :scry

Because, besides ES21, you're not reading reading the good ones? :oh

baboysai
November 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
Also, I believe Inagaki will pull it off, so I'm not too worried about it.

I just thought of something. How come the seniors weren't invited? Like Musashi, for example. I mean, is there anyone else who can match the 60-yard magnum?

Xophien
November 11, 2008, 11:31 AM
I just thought of something. How come the seniors weren't invited? Like Musashi, for example. I mean, is there anyone else who can match the 60-yard magnum?

I've seen that a lot in the ES21 board this week, so I'll tell you the same thing I told them: who says they weren't? >.>; They're not at the meeting with Teikoku, probably because Yamato and the others wanted to talk only to Deimon's main aces (and since Hiruma was in America for the Hell Magazine, that left Sena and Monta there), but Kurita and Musashi will definitely be there for the Cup, you know >.>

kaylee
November 11, 2008, 11:34 AM
Because, besides ES21, you're not reading reading the good ones? :oh

I should've known to expect that from you. :notrust

Fine, then. What ongoing manga are you most excited about right now?

I just thought of something. How come the seniors weren't invited? Like Musashi, for example.

And Hiruma? Hiruma had better be invited, or I really will find it hard to get excited about this match. Even if he's not playing, and he's just a coach or something, he needs to be there. No, scratch that. I can't accept anything less than QB! :shakefist

baboysai
November 11, 2008, 11:47 AM
Like the Danchou said, of course, Hiruma will be there. I mean, what's the point of continuing this manga if we didn't get him as QB? So you don't need to bother yourself with that, Kay-chan.

Plus we got to see a glimpse of Hiruma's dad in that last chapter so there's more to come about that..

Xophien
November 11, 2008, 11:52 AM
I should've known to expect that from you. :notrust

Fine, then. What ongoing manga are you most excited about right now?

Well, you know, considering I'm reading only 4 ongoing mangas right now, and if you remove ES21 of the equation for all the unkown factors, this'll be easy:
-One Piece: it seriously owns right now. But then again it always does, so that wasn't hard.
-Naruto: Can't say I'm "excited" about it (definitely not), but I'll admit it got me rather curious ever since the beginning of Pain's raid on Konoha. At least it does seem to be moving forward, which can't be a bad thing.
-Bleach: Nothing I can say would abide by MH's "no bashing" rules. Reading it every week borders on physical pain right now. I mean, there's seriously NO POINT in what's happening now, move the story forward and stop with the one-chapter fights, damnit >.>

And Hiruma? Hiruma had better be invited, or I really will find it hard to get excited about this match. Even if he's not playing, and he's just a coach or something, he needs to be there. No, scratch that. I can't accept anything less than QB! :shakefistKid's arm being still injured, Hiruma's personality being perfect for the leader of a patchwork team, and the other quarterbacks being out of the question for that same reason, I don't see any way for him not to be Japan's QB. Plus with him being the most popular character, a fan service arc without him would be both stupid and pointless >.>;
[hr]

Plus we got to see a glimpse of Hiruma's dad in that last chapter so there's more to come about that..
That, on the other hand, I wouldn't bet on. Let him stay a mysterious figure and draw your conclusions. I know I am already :oh

kaylee
November 11, 2008, 12:08 PM
-One Piece: it seriously owns right now. But then again it always does, so that wasn't hard.

I stalled at 510. :oh But if it's that good right now, I suppose I should catch up. At least it'd give me some reason to look forward to raw-day. :p

-Bleach: Nothing I can say would abide by MH's "no bashing" rules. Reading it every week borders on physical pain right now. I mean, there's seriously NO POINT in what's happening now, move the story forward and stop with the one-chapter fights, damnit >.>

I stopped reading it a few chapters ago. It's just painful to read it one chapter at a time now. I'll catch up in a month or two, when the plot finally starts moving. >.>;

Plus with him being the most popular character, a fan service arc without him would be both stupid and pointless >.>;

Good point. That's probably the best argument for him to be involved. (equivalent to the kakashi-won't-die argument for naruto).

death4578
November 11, 2008, 05:33 PM
Random mega huge touhou pic, and a summary of a dj (http://myanimelist.net/manga/8967/Onani_Master_Kurosawa) which made me laugh quite a lot xD

http://pix.nofrag.com/d/0/9/379107f5b8f6c11bcdceba5717dce.jpg

Xophien
November 11, 2008, 06:50 PM
I stalled at 510. :oh But if it's that good right now, I suppose I should catch up. At least it'd give me some reason to look forward to raw-day. :p

You can do so, not because of the point where the story is currently, but because of the foreshadowing of the huge mess that's gonna happen in a probably really near future. It's gonna be damn awesome :XD (I just hope Oda doesn't drag the current part for too long)

I stopped reading it a few chapters ago. It's just painful to read it one chapter at a time now. I'll catch up in a month or two, when the plot finally starts moving. >.>;

I'm tempted to do that, but then again, reading Bleach lately almost manages to make the Naruto chapters look good, so... Wait, yeah, I guess I'll stop reading Bleach, now that I think about it -_-;

Random mega huge touhou pic

Lelouch and the others in the background = :rofl

and a summary of a dj (http://myanimelist.net/manga/8967/Onani_Master_Kurosawa) which made me laugh quite a lot xD

That just seems so wrong, I've got to read that :XD Nice find there, death-kun, I guess I then won't punish you for having Kyonko in your favorite characters :oh

baboysai
November 12, 2008, 12:10 AM
Plus with him being the most popular character, a fan service arc without him would be both stupid and pointless >.>;

so you actually don't think the whole world arc will become some sort of saga like another long series of tournaments to finally compete with the US or something? Like it'll be in just one big go?

Xophien
November 12, 2008, 07:05 AM
so you actually don't think the whole world arc will become some sort of saga like another long series of tournaments to finally compete with the US or something? Like it'll be in just one big go?

If it's anything like in real life, no. Because in real life, Japan is by far the best nation in the world in American football, after the USA themselves of course. So I guess they should plow through the other teams with relative ease. Though... If the manga is still supposed to last 1~2 years, that'd make way to much chapters to cover a single match, so there'll probably be something else as well. Honestly, I have no fucking idea where we're going. We're way past the outer rim and toward the unknown regions there >.>

death4578
November 12, 2008, 09:13 AM
I guess I then won't punish you for having Kyonko in your favorite characters :oh

Meeeeeh, she is just too cute, i can't help it :darn

And random marimite pic

http://pix.nofrag.com/7/9/a/818eb119059726627e4d5ed92d0c8.png

http://pix.nofrag.com/6/d/b/29866996a23c70869d55ac2c186a7.gif

kaylee
November 14, 2008, 11:09 AM
So now that we're officially into the new arc, what did you think of the Christmas Bowl, overall?

I enjoyed the game, but I kinda felt that the ending was a bit anti-climactic. I mean, for the entire series we hear so much hype about the importance of the xmas bowl, and how much it means to everyone, and then Deimon finally wins it against all odds, and... nothing. No reactions, no reflections, life goes on, and they move onto the world stage.

I guess that's life, but still... it was somewhat deflating.

What are your thoughts?

Also, what match is your favorite so far?

And I guess it's about time for me to ask you to redo your top 5 characters list too. :D

Oh, one more question before it's revealed in the manga -- what are your choices for the world cup team?

Xophien
November 14, 2008, 11:56 AM
What are your thoughts?

Konata and yuri. Oh wait, you meant about the Christmas Bowl :oh

I'd say pretty much the same as you, actually. i've read the whole match this week, and I can say now that I enjoyed it quite a bit, it has a lot of great parts (mostly with Hiruma and the faith he found in his teammates), some seriously epic moments (the two times Sena passed Yamato, Monta's acknowledgment of Taka's strength in the beginning, THE 60yards magnum), so overall a great match... Though it has also some damn flaws. Hera and Aki, supposedly the best linemen in Kansai? They were a complete joke. Agon could at least compensate his arrogance by absurd charisma and skills, but Hera and Aki showed what, ONE cooperation play (and the 3bros still stole the ball Aki got back at the time). Other than that, Kurita went through Teikoku's line like through fresh butter. So much for power being only the 5th ranked characteristic of good linemen. Even Tenma was a better character than those guys. And well, maybe it's a matter of personal taste (duh), but Karin didn't get nearly enough spotlight, despite being a character with so much potential (being even more out of place than Sena). Basically the problem I have with the Deimon VS Teikoku match is that it pretty much was a Deimon VS Taka&Yamato match, thing I can't really forgive given we were told dozens of time Teikoku was supposed to be a all-star.

And yeah, the aftermath was seriously anti-climatic as well, they could have spared a chapter more for reactions after the match. I could have understood that if they had been in a rush to finish the manga, but since we now know this wasn't the case, this seems like a damn waste. We hear about the Christmas Bowl for 34 volumes and the only thing we get after the end is ~10 pages? I'm not even sure whether to laugh or cry at that -_-;

Also, what match is your favorite so far?Hakushuu by far. While it has a bit of that syndrome I mentioned earlier (it wasn't really Deimon VS Hakushuu, it was Deimon VS Gaou&Marco), I forgive it for two reasons:
-At least, they were an underdog from the start, so it's not a problem if they have only a couple of great players.
-The whole match was fucking EPIC.
Gaou and Marco are awesome characters, way more than any of those Teikoku has shown us, and the whole part with Hiruma was incredible beyond words. I'd rank the Shinryuuji match 2nd, Teikoku 3rd and Oujou 4th, by the way.

And I guess it's about time for me to ask you to redo your top 5 characters list too. :DRight now, probably something like:
1.Marco
2.Hiruma
3.Gaou
4.Karin
5.Agon/Sena/Akaba (can't pick)

Oh, one more question before it's revealed in the manga -- what are your choices for the world cup team?Offense is a no-brainer, honestly.
Line : Kurita (center), Gaou, Banba, Ootawara, Juumonji (why him rather than Yamabushi or Hera or Komusubi? Just because >.>)
Wide Receivers : Monta, Taka
Tight End : Agon
Fullback : Yamato
Runningback : Sena
Quarterback : Hiruma

As for Defense...
Line : Kurita, Gaou, Banba, Ootawara
Linebackers : Shin, Yamato, Agon
Cornerbacks : Taka, Ikkyuu
Safeties : Marco, Kakei

And for the kicks...
Punts, kickoffs : Koutarou
Long punts, field goals : Musashi

Not that I wouldn't use other players as well on special teams, by the way, Akaba being a great lead blocker, he'd be perfect on kickoffs and kickoffs/punt returns, and the same thing can be said of the whole team of Teikkoku, and Tetsuma and Riku. By making Hiruma the QB, it'll also add diversity to the offense, replace for example Sena and Yamato by Sakuraba and Tetsuma and you've got a great Shotgun, or replace Monta by Shin for a Wishbone. Insane offensive power xD

kaylee
November 14, 2008, 02:04 PM
And well, maybe it's a matter of personal taste (duh), but Karin didn't get nearly enough spotlight, despite being a character with so much potential (being even more out of place than Sena).

I think it's fair to say that I'm not biased, since I couldn't care less about cute girls, but I was disappointed with Karin too. You're right, she did have a lot of potential to be a really unique character, but it was really wasted. When she was first introduced, I was more curious to find out about her than either Yamato or Taka, but in the end, she turned out to be just another cute girl. (sorry).

And I ended up feeling fairly indifferent towards all of the Teikoku players (definitely can't say the same thing about any of Deimon's other serious opponents -- love or hate, Inagaki really made us care about at least a couple of players from each team by the end of the game).

Meh, that's another thing that bugs me about this match. Like you said, it felt more like Deimon vs Yamato&Taka than Deimon vs Teikoku, and I think that's partly because they had nothing to unify them as a team. They had no team story, no reason why they needed to win, nothing to prove -- in short, the team as a whole was shallow, boring. There was no emotion whatsoever, even when they lost. That's what made some of those other matches great.

Hakushuu by far. While it has a bit of that syndrome I mentioned earlier (it wasn't really Deimon VS Hakushuu, it was Deimon VS Gaou&Marco), I forgive it for two reasons:
-At least, they were an underdog from the start, so it's not a problem if they have only a couple of great players.
-The whole match was fucking EPIC.
Gaou and Marco are awesome characters, way more than any of those Teikoku has shown us, and the whole part with Hiruma was incredible beyond words.

Indeed, indeed. :D I still remember that I caught up to the manga right at that chapter (the one where Hiruma goes down). That was the first chapter I read in "real-time" and damn was it fantastic. It's still my favorite chapter ever.

Other than that moment though, I'm sad to say that I've pretty much forgotten the entire match. (nothing to do with the match itself, my memory just sucks). I remember enjoying it immensely though. I'm going to wait until the volumes come out to reread it though. I enjoy it better when I've forgotten everything. :D

As for Shinryuuji, I've been recently rereading it (vol 22 just came out in english, and it ends with 4 seconds left in the game). That match is soooo exciting to reread.

I think I'd put Hakushuu above Shinryuuji though, even on the basis of characters alone (Marco >>>>> Agon)

Safeties : Marco, Kakei

Oh yeah, good call. I was wondering how you'd fit Marco in, but you're right, he'd make an excellent Safety.

And heh, I thought having an all-star team, the players would finally be able to stay on either offense or defense, but I noticed you made the line the same. I guess that makes sense though, since all of them are used to playing both anyway (I think? Did Banba play both?) And I guess now that Agon has motivation, he'd refuse to sit out.

And for the kicks...
Punts, kickoffs : Koutarou
Long punts, field goals : Musashi

Hmm, I dunno. Musashi missed an extra point once. :s I'd use Koutarou on field goals, unless they're really long.

By making Hiruma the QB, it'll also add diversity to the offense, replace for example Sena and Yamato by Sakuraba and Tetsuma and you've got a great Shotgun, or replace Monta by Shin for a Wishbone. Insane offensive power xD

Yes! The best thing about this is that they have so much flexibility now, and Hiruma'll finally have his full arsenal available. :D Still, I'm expecting there to be fewer tricks overall, since that kind of thing only works with really great teamwork, which the all-star team won't have.

I'm a bit disappointed that Kid won't have any role (since he's one of my favorites)... I guess he'll be relegated to giving commentary from the sidelines. :scry

Xophien
November 14, 2008, 03:12 PM
I think it's fair to say that I'm not biased, since I couldn't care less about cute girls, but I was disappointed with Karin too. You're right, she did have a lot of potential to be a really unique character, but it was really wasted. When she was first introduced, I was more curious to find out about her than either Yamato or Taka, but in the end, she turned out to be just another cute girl. (sorry).

And I ended up feeling fairly indifferent towards all of the Teikoku players (definitely can't say the same thing about any of Deimon's other serious opponents -- love or hate, Inagaki really made us care about at least a couple of players from each team by the end of the game).

Well, Karin isn't just cute, she's pretty much moe. Damn moe. But it's true it would have been hard getting her on the spotlight, with Taka and Yamato's offenses being pretty much invincible, there's not really any occasion for the quarterback to shine, is it? >.>; Especially since it seems no one in particular was deciding of the plays...

As for the other players of Teikoku, well, I'll admit I do sympathize a lot with Taka, I like his background and charadev, what he became and how he acted are perfectly understandable considering he was turned into a catching monster by his father. I like him quite a bit, and he'll be just great in a team with Monta, as the straight man :XD I also like Yamato, his reasons for becoming the strongest (which probably have for origin the fact he had to struggle a damn lot in order to make himself, a Japanese, accepted as an American football player in Notre Dame) are understandable, and his comedy routine with Sena is just as great as well ("you didn't have to hold back, Sena-kun" "err, but that was pretty much everything I've got" "... ANYWAY, Sena-kun's run is the fastest!" :XD). Overall, those two are good characters, maybe even great characters, but they still probably wouldn't make it to my top10 >.>

Meh, that's another thing that bugs me about this match. Like you said, it felt more like Deimon vs Yamato&Taka than Deimon vs Teikoku, and I think that's partly because they had nothing to unify them as a team. They had no team story, no reason why they needed to win, nothing to prove -- in short, the team as a whole was shallow, boring. There was no emotion whatsoever, even when they lost. That's what made some of those other matches great.

That's the thing, really, in order to make Deimon's achievement so great, they had to make Teikoku an invincible team, and we already had the invincible team thingie with Shinryuuji. If you think about it, Shinryuuji was a boring team as well, it's the characters that made it interesting. Teikoku wasn't saved by its characters.

Indeed, indeed. :D I still remember that I caught up to the manga right at that chapter (the one where Hiruma goes down). That was the first chapter I read in "real-time" and damn was it fantastic. It's still my favorite chapter ever.

No surprise here, it's still my favorite chapter as well. Perfectly written, perfectly drawn, of all the chapters of all the mangas I've read, it's a reference. Who else could have successfully pulled a completely black spread page like that? Seriously awesome. And Hiruma's monologue... It's giving me the shivers just thinking about it. If there's one thing I'll be proud in my career as a translator, it's this one. I'm seriously proud I could translate that :shakefist

Other than that moment though, I'm sad to say that I've pretty much forgotten the entire match. (nothing to do with the match itself, my memory just sucks). I remember enjoying it immensely though. I'm going to wait until the volumes come out to reread it though. I enjoy it better when I've forgotten everything. :D

It's at times like this i'm glad i'm about ten actual volumes ahead of you :oh the next volume I'll get in a few day will already see the beginning of Teikoku's match :p

Oh yeah, good call. I was wondering how you'd fit Marco in, but you're right, he'd make an excellent Safety.

His skills at chasing the ball's movements and his Screw Bite are nothing to take lightly, so while he doesn't have a nice speed nor benchpress, in my humble (and probably totally biased) opinion, he'd make a fine safety, yeah o/ (and kakei is there because he's fast, rather strong, has experience in America and is for some reason a reader's favorite so you have to include him somewhere... oh, and he has the Rinnegan, too >.>)

And heh, I thought having an all-star team, the players would finally be able to stay on either offense or defense, but I noticed you made the line the same. I guess that makes sense though, since all of them are used to playing both anyway (I think? Did Banba play both?) And I guess now that Agon has motivation, he'd refuse to sit out.

The thing is, they've been talking again, and again, and again, about the physical advantage of the Americans, so it'd be best to put in front of them this fine line (for your edification, if you take Gaou-Kurita-Banba-Ootawara, you've got an average height of 6'6" and an average weight of 300lbs. Nothing to take lightly. -speaking of which, probably the most logical choice for the last lineman would be Mizumachi...-). I don't think any other ones would stand a chance there (and yeah, Banba played both).

As for Agon, being the all-rounder he is, I think he'd do a better job as a Tight End that Akaba does (even though Akaba is incredibly good, he doesn't have neither the speed, nor the strength, and even less the reflexes of Agon). He's been shown to be able to catch passes, and though blocker may not fit his personality, it'll provide him with plenty of occasions to hit the opponent >.>

Hmm, I dunno. Musashi missed an extra point once. :s I'd use Koutarou on field goals, unless they're really long.

Hm, yeah, I forgot the matter of extra points >.>; yeah, I'd use koutarou for those as well, since he has a 100% success rate. I'd only use Musashi for field goals at 50+ yards.

Yes! The best thing about this is that they have so much flexibility now, and Hiruma'll finally have his full arsenal available. :D Still, I'm expecting there to be fewer tricks overall, since that kind of thing only works with really great teamwork, which the all-star team won't have.

While it's true the teamwork won't be as good, and Hiruma probably won't be able to try stunts like the Evil Cross, I don't think he'll have fewer tricks up his sleeve, if only for the reason that his teammates' strength and speed will have increased a damn lot. I mean, replace Taki by Agon, Yukimitsu by Taka, and Ishimaru by Yamato, this should allow for some complex plays Deimon members wouldn't have been able to do physically.

I'm a bit disappointed that Kid won't have any role (since he's one of my favorites)... I guess he'll be relegated to giving commentary from the sidelines. :scry

He'll probably still be there, if only in order to help coaching the Japanese team. I sure hope he won't be playing, though, because:
-It has to be Hiruma. Wouldn't be interesting otherwise.
-If his compound fractures heal within only two months, I swear I'm quitting. Seriously. The fact he was out of the hospital after one week was already far-fetched, but, even if it wasn't his dominant arm, I don't want to see him on the field before at least six months. Far too dangerous.

death4578
November 17, 2008, 03:48 PM
Danchou, what do you think about this (http://www.lescitesdor.com/actualite/mco2/mco2.php) (or this (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-11-14/new-mysterious-cities-of-gold-series-reportedly-planned) for the non french-talking people) ?
Well, i've watched it when i was young, but i don't remember it that much, so i haven't got that much of an opinion about this remake :| But since you are a (bit) older than me, what do you think about it ?

Xophien
November 17, 2008, 04:27 PM
Danchou, what do you think about this (http://www.lescitesdor.com/actualite/mco2/mco2.php) (or this (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-11-14/new-mysterious-cities-of-gold-series-reportedly-planned) for the non french-talking people) ?
Well, i've watched it when i was young, but i don't remember it that much, so i haven't got that much of an opinion about this remake :| But since you are a (bit) older than me, what do you think about it ?

At the very least, that news made my brother really happy :XD (I'll admit I don't remember it much either, despite being older than you) But well... I'll admit I'm decently curious. I still won't put too much hope into that project, though, since French-only produced animes have pretty much always disappointed me, so if there's not a Japanese company involved in there somehow, I think it'll turn out bad -_-;

miyavisoap
November 17, 2008, 07:06 PM
heyy... uh... well, can i call you xophy-san? :wtf
and i just had to say that i looooove ur siggie <3

baboysai
November 17, 2008, 09:38 PM
you have a brother???

kaylee
November 17, 2008, 10:55 PM
While it's true the teamwork won't be as good, and Hiruma probably won't be able to try stunts like the Evil Cross, I don't think he'll have fewer tricks up his sleeve, if only for the reason that his teammates' strength and speed will have increased a damn lot. I mean, replace Taki by Agon, Yukimitsu by Taka, and Ishimaru by Yamato, this should allow for some complex plays Deimon members wouldn't have been able to do physically.

Complex plays, yes, as long as they're memorized and practiced in advance. But I meant those seemingly spur-of-the-moment, trick plays that Hiruma (and Deimon) specializes in -- they have less to do with athletic ability, and more to do with the team being able to read each other well. (take the onside kick against shinryuuji as an example -- something like that would never work on an all-star team).

I have to say though, what I'm most looking forward to is seeing Agon and Hiruma on the same team. They both have such huge egos that I'm sure it'll lead to major conflicts when they both try to call the shots. I can't see Agon willingly submitting to Hiruma's play calls, since he'll probably want to control the ball on every play.

you have a brother???

Hhahah. That was my exact reaction. :amuse Older or younger, Xophy? (and how is it possible that I haven't realized you have a brother by now?)

Xophien
November 18, 2008, 07:38 AM
heyy... uh... well, can i call you xophy-san? :wtf
and i just had to say that i looooove ur siggie <3

The "-san" makes me feel a bit like an oold man, but... I guess that's what I am, if we compare to you, so I don't mind :amuse

And thanks <3 I felt there wouldn't be more appropriate for a birthday sig :amuse

I'm still a bit surprised to see you venturing into this temple of yuri, miya :oh

you have a brother???

... Is that so surprising? :oh

Complex plays, yes, as long as they're memorized and practiced in advance. But I meant those seemingly spur-of-the-moment, trick plays that Hiruma (and Deimon) specializes in -- they have less to do with athletic ability, and more to do with the team being able to read each other well. (take the onside kick against shinryuuji as an example -- something like that would never work on an all-star team).

Yeah, it's true, spur-of-the-moment plays won't be as efficient, since the Japanese team will have spent little more than a month or so training together, I guess (and not on a daily basis like in high school teams). I still think they'll be able to do something about that, though, since honestly, all the estimated non-Deimon members of the offense team are quite smart (Yamato, Taka, Agon, Gaou, Banba... that leaves only Ootawara >.>), and well, they've all played against Hiruma and know at least a bit how he works (like, how his talk before the onside kick against Shinryuuji was so out of character >.>). And at the very least, it'll probably be the same, maybe even worse, for the American team :amuse

I have to say though, what I'm most looking forward to is seeing Agon and Hiruma on the same team. They both have such huge egos that I'm sure it'll lead to major conflicts when they both try to call the shots. I can't see Agon willingly submitting to Hiruma's play calls, since he'll probably want to control the ball on every play.I can't wait to see how Inagaki solves that. Because it's true that right now, I can't picture Agon acting like a teammate at all, and the Japanese team won't get anywhere if the decisions don't come from a single demon man. I have honestly no idea, even with the three millions of good reasons Agon has to win this thing, about how he'll be included in the team and not disrupt the flow of it. I'm guessing the other supermen (Shin, Yamato, Gaou) will have an important part to play there :noworry

Hhahah. That was my exact reaction. :amuse Older or younger, Xophy? (and how is it possible that I haven't realized you have a brother by now?)Eight years older, which might explain why I don't talk about him much, he left the house more than ten years ago and lives a bit far away :oh Though I did mention him recently on IRC, since I'm going to be an uncle in half a year. I guess you weren't there at the time, kay-chan^^;

baboysai
November 18, 2008, 07:42 AM
How should the Danchou be an uncle... >.> curious, curious...

anyway Danchou, concering Hiruma, I don't think he'll force Agon into anything because all this time he'd been shown to not exert effort for people to do what he wants... well maybe this time indeed making Agon bend to his will will be the challenge?

Xophien
November 18, 2008, 07:55 AM
How should the Danchou be an uncle... >.> curious, curious...

Twice. It's gonna be twins. Dunno what kind yet, but if it's two girls, I'm gonna push for the names Kagami and Tsukasa >.>

anyway Danchou, concering Hiruma, I don't think he'll force Agon into anything because all this time he'd been shown to not exert effort for people to do what he wants... well maybe this time indeed making Agon bend to his will will be the challenge?Hiruma never forced his teammates into doing anything, he manipulates them (Koizumi Karinrou... :rofl). And well, if you think about the time when they were still "friends", it happened because they had a use for each other, and this will be the case there as well. Agon always had the habit of doing what he wants, but he still went to help the girl groped in the train when Hiruma asked him, because the girl was cute. If the reward is well worth the effort, I guess he may not mind putting his pride aside for a bit, and three millions of dollars is a GREAT reward :amuse

hunter71485
November 18, 2008, 08:12 AM
Twice. It's gonna be twins. Dunno what kind yet, but if it's two girls, I'm gonna push for the names Kagami and Tsukasa >.>

Win. Sigged.

baboysai
November 18, 2008, 08:28 AM

as if they'd ever allow you... >.>

eni
November 18, 2008, 08:36 AM
Win. Sigged.
Lucky that you missed his detailed plan at IRC >.>

Xophien
November 18, 2008, 10:02 AM
as if they'd ever allow you... >.>

I think my brother would at least consider it, but my sister-in-law is just too damn serious for her own good :oh

Lucky that you missed his detailed plan at IRC >.>

I dunno about what yuri twincest plans you're talking about >.>

hunter71485
November 18, 2008, 10:19 AM
I think my brother would at least consider it, but my sister-in-law is just too damn serious for her own good :oh

Don't let them know the anime reference until it's too late. (when the twins are in their teens)

kaylee
November 18, 2008, 11:12 AM
Oh wow, Xophy's going to be the uncle of (potentially female) twins? Identical or fraternal?

You should call them Kagami and Tsukasa as nicknames, even if they're not named that. I'm jealous (of them, not you). I wish I had an awesome uncle like you corrupting me with anime, manga, and (non-H) games. :D

(and congrats, btw)

Xophien
November 18, 2008, 11:26 AM
Oh wow, Xophy's going to be the uncle of (potentially female) twins? Identical or fraternal?

From what my brother told me, unless it's a girl and a boy (in which case it's fraternal for sure) you can't know that until they're born^^; Seems like you have to compare them in other to check that. I think there are a few fraternal twins in my sister-in-law's family, so it might very well be that :noworry

You should call them Kagami and Tsukasa as nicknames, even if they're not named that. I'm jealous (of them, not you). I wish I had an awesome uncle like you corrupting me with anime, manga, and (non-H) games. :DWhy the "non-H"? :oh (kidding, wouldn't want to become a criminal just yet >.>) But yeah, even if I'm not corrupting them personally, I can trust my brother to do that. He's not as otaku as me, but he does watch a few animes and is a game addict, so I don't think the little ones will be spared from that :shakefist

(and congrats, btw)I did nothing to deserve the congrats, but I'll be sure to forward them :p

kaylee
November 18, 2008, 11:38 AM
I did nothing to deserve the congrats, but I'll be sure to forward them :p

Hmmm.

con·grat·u·late - to express vicarious pleasure to (a person) on the occasion of success or good fortune

even if you didn't do anything, I can still say "congrats," ne?

it's at least your good fortune that you have new young minds to corrupt. :p

miyavisoap
November 18, 2008, 01:30 PM
The "-san" makes me feel a bit like an oold man, but... I guess that's what I am, if we compare to you, so I don't mind :amuse

And thanks <3 I felt there wouldn't be more appropriate for a birthday sig :amuse

I'm still a bit surprised to see you venturing into this temple of yuri, miya :oh

haha. well, almost everybody is -san to me here :p

and even kay-san comes here so yeah, and im not against yuri. it's just that i think yaoi is much better :darn. beaucoup of mes amis(garcons) are obsessed with girl-girl kind of stuff in reality so i kinda am used to it, i guess lol.

Xophien
November 19, 2008, 06:11 AM
it's at least your good fortune that you have new young minds to corrupt. :p

That I'll agree with. Though I don't like kids, so I guess i'll disappear for a good 12years before starting the corruption :oh

and even kay-san comes here so yeah, and im not against yuri. it's just that i think yaoi is much better :darn. beaucoup of mes amis(garcons) are obsessed with girl-girl kind of stuff in reality so i kinda am used to it, i guess lol.

Not totally accurate, miya, if kay-chan comes here, it's mostly because she is a closet yuri fan, a perfect onee-sama type, and she pretty much belongs there :p You could turn kay-chan 2D and put her in a catholic high school for girls, you'll end up with four anime seasons and enough doujinshi to smother the whole world wide web :nod

And plain, 3D girl-girl sucks. It's gotta be 2D. Introduce yuri to your friends, yuri is the way :oh

Predator
November 19, 2008, 07:59 AM
I decided to take a break from the RL for a few days an get over with some series.
And so, among others I got Hayate no Gotoku, with it's rich reference jokes. Then on episode 12 this scene suddenly screamed "Xophie" all over it.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/unreachable_predator/Snap2310945.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/unreachable_predator/Snap2311052.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/unreachable_predator/Snap2311133.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/unreachable_predator/Snap2311201.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/unreachable_predator/Snap2311284.jpg

So ..... does your creed have anything to do with this particular scene or are they both unrelated and you see this scene for the first time in your life? :amuse

Xophien
November 19, 2008, 08:15 AM
So ..... does your creed have anything to do with this particular scene or are they both unrelated and you see this scene for the first time in your life? :amuse

My creed has nothing to do with this particular scene, it's a personal choice :p But I did know that one :amuse Similar scenes have been happening all over the place, lately, with what I'd call otakusexuality becoming more and more openly admitted thanks to the interwebs, there are a lot of anime/manga/game characters lately that openly admit they're only interested in 2D girls. For some weird reason, I'm proud :oh

Predator
November 19, 2008, 08:38 AM
I see .... :tem

But still it's amusing to see such a rejection like.
And seeing such trend worldwide is funny and interesting, as far as I'm concerned.

BTW .... :oh ..... Your sig has sidebar. And even without sidebar, SWOKY logo is cut off.
Stick to the rules. 170 pix ..... ^_^

baboysai
November 19, 2008, 08:47 AM
eh? I never noticed a sidebar from Danchou's sig.. nor is the SWOKY cut off :oh

Xophien
November 19, 2008, 08:59 AM
But still it's amusing to see such a rejection like.
And seeing such trend worldwide is funny and interesting, as far as I'm concerned.

Should I ever have the opportunity to use it, I'll definitely will. Too much awesome :p

And my main sig is 170px high, the swoky logo 38px high, there's one pixel between the two, and the sidebar appears at 210+px. It was made so that the sidebar doesn't appear, so I don't know how you can have it :oh

Galth
November 19, 2008, 10:50 AM
I don't see a sidebar either.

Predator
November 19, 2008, 02:19 PM
:notrust ..... Well .....
Logo IS cut ....

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/unreachable_predator/sidebarandcutlogo.jpg

Xophien
November 19, 2008, 02:28 PM
That's only because you clicked on the Swoky :oh (it adds the usual frame as when you click on links, adding 2px to the whole thing and spawning the bar >.>) As for why it's cut, it's definitely not because of the sidebar (otherwise what would be the point of the sidebar in the first place), are you sure your browser didn't just fail to load it properly? :oh

miyavisoap
November 19, 2008, 02:32 PM
Not totally accurate, miya, if kay-chan comes here, it's mostly because she is a closet yuri fan, a perfect onee-sama type, and she pretty much belongs there :p You could turn kay-chan 2D and put her in a catholic high school for girls, you'll end up with four anime seasons and enough doujinshi to smother the whole world wide web :nod

And plain, 3D girl-girl sucks. It's gotta be 2D. Introduce yuri to your friends, yuri is the way :oh
well, none of my friends read manga lol. and 3d yuri is just gross as hell :s
and again, im okay with yuri :oh

Xophien
November 21, 2008, 11:08 AM
im okay with yuri :oh

Ah, this gives me faith in the future~ :shakefist

miyavisoap
November 21, 2008, 03:33 PM
yup, i know lol.
but i still think yaoi is so much cooler lol.

baboysai
November 22, 2008, 12:02 AM
miya-san, you do realize you are in the thread of the brigade who wish to overload the world with yuri, right?

tsk. kids these days... don't know how to appreciate yuri! :yelling

Drakno
November 22, 2008, 02:43 AM
miya-san, you do realize you are in the thread of the brigade who wish to overload the world with yuri, right?

tsk. kids these days... don't know how to appreciate yuri! :yelling

Well there's also the brainwashing department yaoi branch Kaylee-san is part of :oh (the main reason for my quote though is the bold text :p)

miyavisoap
November 22, 2008, 07:22 AM
haha, good point, drakno-san. so bb-san is now accepting the fact that im 13?
that's a huge thing right there :p

RyuSensei
November 22, 2008, 07:24 AM
Okaeri Danchou-han =]

Drakno
November 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
Danchou Danchou!!!! This is urgent, as I was doing my usual manga reading I came across this!! http://img04.nj.us.mangafox.com/store/manga/736/09-039.0/compressed/karin_chapter39.09_158.jpg can you tell me a site where I could order one of those?!?!

I... Must... Have... It......... :crying

miyavisoap
November 25, 2008, 12:08 PM
drakno-san, the picture isnt there! now youre making really wondering what you want so much!

Drakno
November 25, 2008, 12:13 PM
Huh? the pic shows up perfectly when I press the spoiler button, did you try refreshing the page in case it didn't load?

Xophien
November 25, 2008, 12:19 PM
For the record I couldn't see the pic either, but I went to edit your post to get the link and see what you were talking about >.> (ah, the perks of being a mod~)

'nyway, I've went through the few sites I know that have pillow covers like that, and I'm afraid I didn't find this particular one, sorry. But Before you go on rampage because of this devastating news, let me tell you something: one pillow cover like this costs more than 80 euros. And for the pillow itself, the cheaper ones cost around 40 euros. Yup. Otherwise i'd have tons of those already >.> (like this one (http://www.hlj.com/product/CRA84308) or this one (http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP28963) or that one (http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP25999) :darn)

Drakno
November 25, 2008, 12:32 PM
Did you edit the post so others can see it too Danchou? The price is hardly a matter, this Saturday is my birthday so I get a little somethin from my relatives, and added to the money I was gathering to order http://www.epicweapons.com/products/frostmourne/ I ought to have enough for a few pillow covers and a high quality pillow or two.

If you didn't find it in the sites you usually use would you know some keywords I could use to search google or ebay? nothin shows up for "Karin huggy pillow" or "chibi vampire huggy pillow"

Xophien
November 25, 2008, 01:10 PM
I've tried. Believe I've tried everything, google, ebay, yahoo auctions (more used than ebay in Japan), amazon, torahana... I can't find it, not even a pic, nothing. And I've used all the keywords I could think of. Didn't know there were so many characters called Karin. Sorry Drakkun, I guess it must have been a limited edition sold with some mag (it happens), and I don't think you'll be ever able to find it unless you go to Japan yourself and look in specialized stores in Akiba :darn

(and if you've got so much money you're buying weird stuff with it, you should give it to me instead >.>)

Drakno
November 25, 2008, 01:22 PM
I've tried. Believe I've tried everything, google, ebay, yahoo auctions (more used than ebay in Japan), amazon, torahana... I can't find it, not even a pic, nothing. And I've used all the keywords I could think of. Didn't know there were so many characters called Karin. Sorry Drakkun, I guess it must have been a limited edition sold with some mag (it happens), and I don't think you'll be ever able to find it unless you go to Japan yourself and look in specialized stores in Akiba :darn

I see, well thank you for trying Danchou I appreciate it, I guess I'll just have to find a way to go to akiba and somehow find it...

(and if you've got so much money you're buying weird stuff with it, you should give it to me instead >.>)

Huge-ass swords are a man's romance!!! (and I only recently got a lot of money cause I got internet in my apartment, in the past I was spending 70-80 euros a week to the internet cafe I was going while now my living expenses are 20 euros a week)

EDIT: It just occured to me that you might not know this sword is THE Frostmourne, a legendary artifact from WC3 that is making it's appearance in the new WoW expansion, for any WoW fanatic this blade is approximately priceless... plus it comes with a serial code for an awesome in-game mount (which will probably be a frostwyrm)

Xophien
November 25, 2008, 02:25 PM
Huge-ass swords are a man's romance!!! (and I only recently got a lot of money cause I got internet in my apartment, in the past I was spending 70-80 euros a week to the internet cafe I was going while now my living expenses are 20 euros a week)

70-80 euros a week for the internet? Man. I mean, I love the internet, and I'm dying when I don't have it, but still, I wouldn't pay that much for it >.>; (I'd rather cut myself from the world wide web and play hentai games all day waiting for it >.>) Oh well, to each his own I guess^^;

EDIT: It just occured to me that you might not know this sword is THE Frostmourne, a legendary artifact from WC3 that is making it's appearance in the new WoW expansion, for any WoW fanatic this blade is approximately priceless... plus it comes with a serial code for an awesome in-game mount (which will probably be a frostwyrm)

I could guess that since, like, I can READ :p Not because I played either WC3 (I suck at RTS games -_-;) or WoW (I want to keep my otaku life >.>). And I'll admit it's a badass sword, though I'd still prefer Sephiroth's Masamune :shakefist

Drakno
November 25, 2008, 02:40 PM
70-80 euros a week for the internet? Man. I mean, I love the internet, and I'm dying when I don't have it, but still, I wouldn't pay that much for it >.>; (I'd rather cut myself from the world wide web and play hentai games all day waiting for it >.>) Oh well, to each his own I guess^^;

No, you see no internet = no anime, no manga, no hentai (I dled it at the internet cafe in rar format and opened it at my laptop at home), no music (my old laptop had some problem and it didn't play any sound) and most importantly no MH, you gotta understand something about my life Danchou, MH is my only connection to the wonderful world of otakus, there's not a single person person who answered my AD for an otaku club in campus, they didn't even know what otaku or manga means... and my best friend and one of the few "otakus" I have met IRL is a Narutard that didn't like either Haruhi or Lucky Star... The other serious otaku I know is Lenoir and he is studying abroad so I only saw him once or twice last year (we talk at msn from time to time but still....) That is the reason I have been spamming in the past at the brigade and the reason the SWOKY is so important to me, this is where I first found out what it means to be a real otaku and my only connection to other otakus :noworry

I could guess that since, like, I can READ :p Not because I played either WC3 (I suck at RTS games -_-;) or WoW (I want to keep my otaku life >.>). And I'll admit it's a badass sword, though I'd still prefer Sephiroth's Masamune :shakefist

Gotta admit I didn't read the text, I was too busy drooling over the sword and as for masamune, I agree it's also too damn awesome but it's too big to fit at my room back home so masamune and buster sword are out of the question (the gunblade is still a possibility)

EDIT: Post No 100 :shakefist

death4578
November 25, 2008, 02:41 PM
Random marimite pic and random claymore pics ~~

http://pix.nofrag.com/1/c/e/11c5982c8f7d0dc5ab27502704063.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5622/powerofanabyssalonetr7.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8133/chibiclaymore01kc9.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8417/chibiclaymore02fq3.jpg
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3913/chibiclaymore03fj8.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2352/chibiclaymore04up4.jpg

miyavisoap
November 25, 2008, 08:29 PM
hmmmm if u give me 100 years of ur life, I can think of giving u my nagatoxmikuru pillow case.....

and xophy-san, will u get mad at me if i tell u to read newtype romance??? :wtf

Drakno
November 25, 2008, 08:32 PM
You got yourself a deal btw where did you get one? (Hope for finding that Karin pillow cover dies last)

miyavisoap
November 25, 2008, 11:56 PM
ma ami made it for me lol
she is soooo azin that i thought she bought it!

Xophien
November 26, 2008, 02:31 AM
you gotta understand something about my life Danchou, MH is my only connection to the wonderful world of otakus, there's not a single person person who answered my AD for an otaku club in campus, they didn't even know what otaku or manga means...

That's where you're mistaken, we otakus don't need any of those social connection things. We're supposed to be outcasts and should be content with that :p

(I know it's hypocrite given my post count at MH, though >.>; )

That is the reason I have been spamming in the past at the brigade and the reason the SWOKY is so important to me, this is where I first found out what it means to be a real otaku and my only connection to other otakus :noworryGlad to have helped for something, I guess :amuse

and xophy-san, will u get mad at me if i tell u to read newtype romance??? :wtf

I wouldn't mind this newtype romance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newtype) or that newtype romance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newtype_%28magazine%29), but for some reason, I can't help thinking you're talking about something both completely different and totally wrong :oh My answer is always the same anyway: no, I don't mind you telling me to read it as long as you don't mind me not actually doing that :p

Gold Knight
November 26, 2008, 05:26 PM
Your post count is there because you're trying to enlighten the world, just as a good prophet should do!
[hr]
These Claymore cartoons were cute, death4578, lol.

baboysai
November 26, 2008, 11:06 PM
those were awesome, death.

but the Danchou doesn't read claymore... or does he now? :oh

Drakno
November 26, 2008, 11:12 PM
last I checked he dIDn't and since Danchou is extremely stubborn I am pretty sure he still doesn't

death4578
November 27, 2008, 12:59 AM
These Claymore cartoons were cute, death4578, lol.
Thank you :D

those were awesome, death.

but the Danchou doesn't read claymore... or does he now? :oh

Even if he doesn't, he should still be able to enjoy the absolute cuteness of theses few pages, right ? :darn

Xophien
November 27, 2008, 01:56 AM
last I checked he dIDn't and since Danchou is extremely stubborn I am pretty sure he still doesn't

Guess you haven't wasted those nearly two years you spent stalking me, you know me very well :p

Even if he doesn't, he should still be able to enjoy the absolute cuteness of theses few pages, right ? :darn

Indeed :nod In the same way I can read Claymore doujins >.>

hatsuharupeace
November 27, 2008, 04:36 AM
So what's so bad about the Claymore manga then, Xophy, if you read the doujins?

Predator
November 27, 2008, 06:49 AM

Well .... There's a wide zone in between "dislike" and "ignorance".
Don't think that not liking means not knowing. Knowing your enemy is part of a wise strategy. Like ..... read Naruto, because you dislike it. >_>

Or have a dislike towards Tolkeinists and Poterists, but still know what that stuff is all about.

And actually .... You can't dislike, without knowing .... if you are or at least want to appear smart. :amuse

Xophien
November 27, 2008, 08:05 AM
So what's so bad about the Claymore manga then, Xophy, if you read the doujins?

The art style, for once (which I wouldn't say it's bad, actually, I just don't like it), plus the first two volumes just didn't really appeal to me. I've been told it gets better, but I already have enough other things to do instead of bothering to give another try to mangas I couldn't read once. I was fooled into trying Gantz against once, and the only thing I got out of that experience is to never, NEVER do that again >.>

And the doujins have a fair bit of yuri. that should sum it up :oh

Well .... There's a wide zone in between "dislike" and "ignorance".
Don't think that not liking means not knowing. Knowing your enemy is part of a wise strategy. Like ..... read Naruto, because you dislike it. >_>

Or have a dislike towards Tolkeinists and Poterists, but still know what that stuff is all about.

And actually .... You can't dislike, without knowing .... if you are or at least want to appear smart. :amuse

For the record, I used to read Naruto because it made Bleach seem better. Lately I've been used to read Bleach because it made Naruto seem better. but mostly because I have fun looking at the reactions of the fans when they see their loved mangas turning into a fanfic (Naruto) or databook (Bleach). Either way, I'll agree, saying you dislike something without having tried it is stupid. Except in extreme cases where the theme is just too much weird, like yaoi >.>

eni
November 27, 2008, 08:29 AM
That always reminds me on the 'dislike' between U18 (below 18 - juniors) and Alte Herren (above 30 - seniors) soccer teams >.>

Either way, I'll agree, saying you dislike something without having tried it is stupid. Except in extreme cases where the theme is just too much weird, like yaoi >.>
>.>

kaylee
November 27, 2008, 11:44 AM
but mostly because I have fun looking at the reactions of the fans when they see their loved mangas turning into a fanfic (Naruto)

F*cking sadist. :notrust

I can't believe that naruto actually got worse this week (judging from the raw, anyway). I really didn't think that was possible. I should learn to stop underestimating this manga's ability to annoy the hell out of me. :darn

miyavisoap
November 27, 2008, 12:15 PM
omg, do you like vocaloid, too???? :wtf
but i like rin/len more than miku..... but yeah, miku's cute too <3

and the newtype romance (http://anime.webnt.jp/nt-backnumber/detail.php?mag=2&latest=1) im talkin about is neither one of the ones you are talking about lol.

Xophien
November 27, 2008, 12:43 PM
F*cking sadist. :notrust

Yup, that's what I'm talking about <3

I can't believe that naruto actually got worse this week (judging from the raw, anyway). I really didn't think that was possible. I should learn to stop underestimating this manga's ability to annoy the hell out of me. :darnIt's going nowhere huh? :oh I think the part about the flashback collection about Konoha slowly accepting Naruto wasn't bad, but the rest is... Still as pointless as ever. All over the place. Seriously dragging on. Etc. Can't wait to read Bleach, now, so that I can get ready for the awesomeness that will be the One Piece chapter... And the weird events in ES21? :shakefist

omg, do you like vocaloid, too???? :wtf
but i like rin/len more than miku.....

HERESY!! :yelling Oversized Ribbon and Girly Boy are nothing in front of the cuteness and off-the-chart moe level of the Great Miku-sama! :shakefist Well, Rin has a road roller, which, I'll admit, is awesome, but that's still nothing compared to the negi power of Miku-sama! :shakefist

and the newtype romance (http://anime.webnt.jp/nt-backnumber/detail.php?mag=2&latest=1) im talkin about is neither one of the ones you are talking about lol.Oh, you meant the magazine. I actually heard about that one (it's the little brother to the newtype magazine I mentioned earlier after all). I think it's Josei oriented, which probably wouldn't make it something I'd read, even if I don't mind non-yaoi josei mangas >.> (it's a magazine for fangirls, anyway >.>)

Mr. Prince
November 27, 2008, 12:57 PM
*spams Danchou's thread once more*
I was in mood to drop by and ask how danchou's been doing lately? :D
Hope everything's alright?

Hmm...how could I valorize my post...ah~ that's a nice one:
Are you 100%ly satisfied with ES's latest story developments?

I know you've stated in one of your latest translations that you think it's a great thing that Murata's art is used to put Inagaki's awesome characters in limelight but aren't you worried at least a bit that it might not turn out as great as former parts of the story?
[Personally I'm confident those two will come up with a result I'll certainly like but something tells me I should not be too "rash"...*little pessimist* XD"]

Xophien
November 27, 2008, 02:22 PM
*spams Danchou's thread once more*
I was in mood to drop by and ask how danchou's been doing lately? :D
Hope everything's alright?

I has the interwebs. I has the hentai games to play (more than 100). I is playing Super Robot Wars α3 right now. How could my life be everything else than alright? :oh

Hmm...how could I valorize my post...ah~ that's a nice one:
Are you 100%ly satisfied with ES's latest story developments?

I know you've stated in one of your latest translations that you think it's a great thing that Murata's art is used to put Inagaki's awesome characters in limelight but aren't you worried at least a bit that it might not turn out as great as former parts of the story?Worried, I was. I still am, to some extent, because Naruto and Bleach lately are just perfect examples of what happens when you drag mangas for too long and your name isn't Oda. But seeing how AWESOME the latest two chapters were, I have much more faith now. See, honestly, if there was one thing that was lacking in this manga, it was interactions between the characters. Because all the time, it was Deimon characters talking with other teams' characters (usually the one against which they were playing), and all the other characters of the teams Deimon had defeated barely interacted with each other (even when they made the army of coaches before the Christmas Bowl). So if there's one thing this Japanese team will bring, it's deeper interactions between the characters. We already saw that with Gaou clashing with Agon, Yamato fighting Shin.. While this will definitely put the main characters from Deimon to the side for a bit, there is so much potential in there, so many great characters that it's just fated to be awesome.

I don't even think Inagaki has to force himself here, he probably just lets his imagination go and wonder how the characters will interact with each other and it'll turn out greatly. And that's why this arc WILL be good :p Even if the American team is as uninteresting as Teikoku (and it won't, since Panther is becoming awesome and I'm quite curious about Clifford), this arc WILL be good :amuse

Mr. Prince
November 27, 2008, 03:25 PM
I has the interwebs. I has the hentai games to play (more than 100). I is playing Super Robot Wars α3 right now. How could my life be everything else than alright? :oh

Haha...well that sounds quite nice. Good to hear you're doing fine. : )
Prince-dono is now officially majoring in Japanese studies at university and it's really, REALLY awesome.
All the teachers are amazing and the subject itself is - without doubt - interesting...therefore I'm also having fun on the bright side of life. XD

Worried, I was. I still am, to some extent, because Naruto and Bleach lately are just perfect examples of what happens when you drag mangas for too long and your name isn't Oda.

Word! You're absolutely right.
I had been addicted to Naruto for so many years but ever since Time Jump I became less interested. And up to this point it started getting really frustrating and annoying. For that reason I recently stopped following the series - even though it kinda broke my heart to some point.^^"

And that's why this arc WILL be good :p Even if the American team is as uninteresting as Teikoku (and it won't, since Panther is becoming awesome and I'm quite curious about Clifford), this arc WILL be good :amuse

Hmhmm...I get your point and agree on it.
The last few chapters REALLY were simply amazing. Especially Gaou, Agon, Shin interaction was so...absolutely awesome. XD
I'm quite curious whether I have to overthink and re-organize my "Top X"-character list after this arc...

Thanks Danchou! It really helps me being more optimistic about future happenings.

eni
November 27, 2008, 06:22 PM
I can't believe that naruto actually got worse this week (judging from the raw, anyway). I really didn't think that was possible. I should learn to stop underestimating this manga's ability to annoy the hell out of me. :darn
Seems that I'm really the only one who enjoys the current chapters :scry

Drakno
November 27, 2008, 11:28 PM
Danchou, after reading the monstrosity that was this week's bleach I came to the brigade to state I couldn't agree more about your opinion on bleach lately, the fight I was looking so forward to along with all the potential that was built for a certain char after a long time all shattered in a single chapter so Tite could promote the chars he liked more despite all the time they got in their individual battles and if bleach keeps moving in this direction I might as well start reading naruto (though I am not that desperate yet) this post might as well be considered a spam but after reading "that chap" I felt like either complaining to someone or yelling from the top of my lungs and since it's 6:30 AM here and you had previously talked about the direction bleach was following I felt this thread was the most appropriate for whining about this subject, Danchou at least plz tell me this week's ES21 was even more epic and full of win than usually or I'll start hanging out with with Itoshiki Nozomu-sensei

Xophien
November 28, 2008, 04:01 AM
Prince-dono is now officially majoring in Japanese studies at university and it's really, REALLY awesome.
All the teachers are amazing and the subject itself is - without doubt - interesting...therefore I'm also having fun on the bright side of life. XD

Lucky bastard, I would have loved to do that :p (but there's no Japanese course thing in my town's uni :scry) Glad you're enjoying it :amuse

Hmhmm...I get your point and agree on it.
The last few chapters REALLY were simply amazing. Especially Gaou, Agon, Shin interaction was so...absolutely awesome. XD
I'm quite curious whether I have to overthink and re-organize my "Top X"-character list after this arc...Only complaint I'd have so far is that we haven't seen Marco yet... I wanna see him interact more with the powerhouses like Shin, Yamato and Agon :shakefist plus we still didn't get that tearful love confession from Kakei to Yamato... >.>;

Thanks Danchou! It really helps me being more optimistic about future happenings.I could also be totally wrong and it could suck, slowly and thoroughly crushing everything you ever liked about the manga in a pile of cliché'd plainness that'd make Ishimaru jealous :oh

I doubt that though :p

In Inagaki we trust.

Seems that I'm really the only one who enjoys the current chapters :scry

You know what I always say about your tastes... :p

Danchou, after reading the monstrosity that was this week's bleach I came to the brigade to state I couldn't agree more about your opinion on bleach lately, the fight I was looking so forward to along with all the potential that was built for a certain char after a long time all shattered in a single chapter so Tite could promote the chars he liked more despite all the time they got in their individual battles and if bleach keeps moving in this direction I might as well start reading naruto (though I am not that desperate yet) this post might as well be considered a spam but after reading "that chap" I felt like either complaining to someone or yelling from the top of my lungs and since it's 6:30 AM here and you had previously talked about the direction bleach was following I felt this thread was the most appropriate for whining about this subject, Danchou at least plz tell me this week's ES21 was even more epic and full of win than usually or I'll start hanging out with with Itoshiki Nozomu-sensei

I stopped taking Bleach seriously a looong time ago, so I guess I could give this chapter all the credit it deserves. None. Naruto is honestly better right now, and that's not a compliment, because most of the things I've ever read are better than Bleach, right now, possibly including the Buu arc of DBZ and the whole Escaflowne manga. Not the end of Yakitate Japan, though, this one stays the winner >.>

As for ES21, honestly, the spoiler is weird, but every time I say that I'm blown away by the chapter, so... (well, I'm blown away by every chapter nonetheless, so it probably helps) The chapter will probably be awesome. One Piece WILL be awesome. Thank Konata those two are still there to save the (raw) day :shakefist Waiting to check the new manga about (real) football~

Mr. Prince
November 28, 2008, 12:02 PM
Lucky bastard, I would have loved to do that :p (but there's no Japanese course thing in my town's uni :scry) Glad you're enjoying it :amuse
Wah..that sucks ass. : /
Where exactly in France do you live? *not sure if I asked that before*

But thanks. I'm also happy having such a blast. It's the first time since decades I enjoy doing some academic stuff. : )
Plus I'm kinda the living proof anime can help getting in touch with the language, since my Tannin no Sensei already praised me for having an incredibly precise and good pronounciation for a gaijin. XD"

Only complaint I'd have so far is that we haven't seen Marco yet... I wanna see him interact more with the powerhouses like Shin, Yamato and Agon :shakefist
Ah...so true. As you might remember I'm a huge Fan of Cola-sama so I really look forward to some Marco scenes...
I was SO happy when I heard he made it one the national team. I thought he would be out of game with Hiruma and Kid as contestants for QB...

plus we still didn't get that tearful love confession from Kakei to Yamato... >.>;
I lol'd. :XD
But you're right. Eyeshield-fanboy meeting his idol...hehe.

In Inagaki we trust.
Amen, brother! (Even though Oda's like my Amaterasu, Inagaki is another one of the top gods. XD)

More ES-related:
I kinda feel I will hate the new kid, Chuubou. On the other hand I'm really looking forward to Mr. Mummy... *lol*

Imperium
November 28, 2008, 02:26 PM
Waiting to check the new manga about (real) football~
A new manga about REAL football? You sure its not another Tsubasa sequel? :p

(and to get to the crux of this post....where? >.>; )

Xophien
November 28, 2008, 04:21 PM
Wah..that sucks ass. : /
Where exactly in France do you live? *not sure if I asked that before*

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg59/Xophien/france-map.jpg

Ah...so true. As you might remember I'm a huge Fan of Cola-sama so I really look forward to some Marco scenes...
I was SO happy when I heard he made it one the national team. I thought he would be out of game with Hiruma and Kid as contestants for QB...I had no doubt he'd make it there as a Safety. Both because of his skills and because he's an awesome character :XD

More ES-related:
I kinda feel I will hate the new kid, Chuubou.Now here's the question you should ask yourself: did you ever actually hate a main character of ES21? Seriously? >.>

A new manga about REAL football? You sure its not another Tsubasa sequel? :p

(and to get to the crux of this post....where? >.>; )

Meister (http://mangahelpers.com/manga/details/meister). Though there's a debate going on as if it's actually Meister or MyStar, seeing how both are pronounced the same way in japanese, though I'll admit this debate is more the work of bored individuals than an actual concern. Probably. First chapter isn't out yet, so I guess you'll have to wait for a bit~

And the probably of it being a CT wannabe is over 9000%. Which may or may not be a bad thing. I mean, add decent art and an actual plot to CT and you could have a killer manga... Even if it'd kill only neurons >.>

Mr. Prince
November 28, 2008, 05:19 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg59/Xophien/france-map.jpg
Ah, I think I've been in that area a couple of years ago. It was quite nice if I remember correctly.
My brother is studying in Marseille since about 4 yrs (so I'm visiting him every now and then) but that should be about 150 miles away from you if I saw that right on the map. XD

Now here's the question you should ask yourself: did you ever actually hate a main character of ES21? Seriously? >.>
*cough* Riku *cough* :XD
No, you're right. Up til now there were about a hand full of characters where I thought they should scram off-screen and let the dozens of other characters take the focus. But there was no one I really "hated".
I'll just wait and see how he'll fit in the whole thing...and if he turns out to be just a noisy twit Agon will show some action for sure. :D

kaylee
November 28, 2008, 05:35 PM
plus we still didn't get that tearful love confession from Kakei to Yamato... >.>;

Hahah. I completely forgot about that! I'm in despair! Xophy knowing the potential es21 yaoi pairings better than I do has left me in despair! :darn

And the probably of it being a CT wannabe is over 9000%. Which may or may not be a bad thing. I mean, add decent art and an actual plot to CT and you could have a killer manga... Even if it'd kill only neurons >.>

Have you ever tried Area no Kishi (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12702), Xophy? (13 vol raw, 15 chap scanlated). It seems to have a plot and decent art so far, and I quite like it. But then, I've never read CT (or any other sports manga other than es21), so I don't know how it compares.

Xophien
November 28, 2008, 05:52 PM
Ah, I think I've been in that area a couple of years ago. It was quite nice if I remember correctly.
My brother is studying in Marseille since about 4 yrs (so I'm visiting him every now and then) but that should be about 150 miles away from you if I saw that right on the map. XD

Make that 300 miles^^; I'd be surprised if you actually were in the area at some point, there's pretty much nothing here >.>;

*cough* Riku *cough* :XDWell, Riku is overrated, but he's still not someone one could hate. Even if he's badly overrated :p

...and if he turns out to be just a noisy twit Agon will show some action for sure. :DCould be the contrary, actually. Agon tries to hit Sena for some reason (or no reason at all) and Chuubou puts him back into place :XD

Hahah. I completely forgot about that! I'm in despair! Xophy knowing the potential es21 yaoi pairings better than I do has left me in despair! :darn

I am the ES21 specialist after all. Even if it doesn't make me proud when you put it like that >.>

Have you ever tried Area no Kishi (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12702), Xophy? (13 vol raw, 15 chap scanlated). It seems to have a plot and decent art so far, and I quite like it. But then, I've never read CT (or any other sports manga other than es21), so I don't know how it compares.I'm in despair! Having to get sports manga recommendations from Kay-chan has left me in despair! :darn

Seriously, it does look interesting... How come I am so out of the scanlation loop I didn't even notice that one? Damn it. I'll download the scans tomorrow, and if me likes, I'll hunt for the raws :shakefist (or rather, ask to someone else to hunt for them >.>)
[hr]
And for the record: why did you have to link to MU for this? Don't we have this pretty manga database here on this very MH now, admin-chan? :XD (I got used to link to the MH database quite quickly, actually :nod)

kaylee
November 28, 2008, 05:58 PM
I'm in despair! Having to get sports manga recommendations from Kay-chan has left me in despair! :darn

And for the record: why did you have to link to MU for this? Don't we have this pretty manga database here on this very MH now, admin-chan? :XD

Heh. Yeah, I did link to MH at first, but then I switched it to MU because

1. there are no raws, trans, or scans here yet
2. the scan group (chibisuke-scans) hasn't created their account here yet, and it's easier to get to their website (to dl the scans) from MU.

Just trying to make it easier for you. :p

ibra87
November 28, 2008, 06:06 PM
Xophyy.. I'm in despair, phsyics has left me in despair. So I asked myself, what would Konata do? (and who's better to ask that question than you?)

Xophien
November 28, 2008, 06:16 PM
Heh. Yeah, I did link to MH at first, but then I switched it to MU because

1. there are no raws, trans, or scans here yet
2. the scan group (chibisuke-scans) hasn't created their account here yet, and it's easier to get to their website (to dl the scans) from MU.

Just trying to make it easier for you. :p

I know, but I'd rather go look for it myself after you point it out on MH xD The whole otaku world of MH is lurking in this thread, after all, gotta teach them the right things to do :amuse

(and it's not like I have any interest in the scan group anyway, I'll just download chapters from lurk, and if I like it, go directly for raws :sweat)

Xophyy.. I'm in despair, phsyics has left me in despair. So I asked myself, what would Konata do? (and who's better to ask that question than you?)
Screw that. Do the minimum you can do and go play hentai games :oh

Or, if you can, go to the nearest moe tsunderekko and copy her homework? :shakefist

eni
November 28, 2008, 06:51 PM
Have you ever tried Area no Kishi (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12702), Xophy?
That's the bottom top5 sports manga at MU, btw :nod

01. Slam Dunk (Shounen - Basketball) -> eni wishlist <3
02. Hajime no Ippo (Shounen - Boxing)
03. Eyeshield 21 (Shounen - American Football) - eni wishlist <3
04. Hikaru no Go (Shounen - Go) -> eni complete <3
05. Area no Kishi (Shounen - Football)
06. Real (Seinen - Wheelchair Basketball) -> eni read <3
07. Cross Game (Shounen - Baseball)
08. Crimson Hero (Shounen - Volleyball)
09. Ookiku Furikabutte (Seinen - Baseball)
10. Gokuraku Seishun Hockey Club (Shoujo - Hockey)

And no, I don't care. Just found such a list a while ago and remember the title >.>

Now, add the two sports anime I've watched (Attack No. 1 with pleasure, Tsubasa not so much) plus the One Outs anime I'm currently watching and nobody can tell me that I dislike this particular genre <.<

ibra87
November 28, 2008, 07:42 PM
Screw that. Do the minimum you can do and go play hentai games :oh

Or, if you can, go to the nearest moe tsunderekko and copy her homework? :shakefist

Funny, but I really find that sounding plausible.. I have been doing the minimum so far and plan to pursue some girl to give me a copy of her reports. Though finding a tsundere in my class will really be a bitch...

miyavisoap
November 28, 2008, 09:55 PM
HERESY!! :yelling Oversized Ribbon and Girly Boy are nothing in front of the cuteness and off-the-chart moe level of the Great Miku-sama! :shakefist Well, Rin has a road roller, which, I'll admit, is awesome, but that's still nothing compared to the negi power of Miku-sama! :shakefist
hehe, ya think? well..... i still prefer rin/len... they are more fun to play around with, anyway :p and negi power is quite awesome, i gotta admit lol.

Mr. Prince
November 29, 2008, 12:10 PM
Make that 300 miles^^; I'd be surprised if you actually were in the area at some point, there's pretty much nothing here >.>;
Either my eyes have gotten worse once again or your map kinda sucks - or let's make a compromise (so that no one has to feel bad :XD) it's a bit of both. *g*
And yeah "in that area" is more like Lyon and Saint-Etienne. : )

Could be the contrary, actually. Agon tries to hit Sena for some reason (or no reason at all) and Chuubou puts him back into place :XD
You got a point there XD

Xophy-danchou who do you think is the mummy-man? Some completely new character or a person we have seen before?

Gold Knight
November 29, 2008, 02:40 PM
The Area no Kishi reading community grows, I see...

*Is glad Kaylee's enjoying it enough that she recommended it to somebody else XD*

I did think that was an intriguing new title.

Xophien
November 29, 2008, 03:06 PM
Either my eyes have gotten worse once again or your map kinda sucks - or let's make a compromise (so that no one has to feel bad :XD) it's a bit of both. *g*
And yeah "in that area" is more like Lyon and Saint-Etienne. : )

What in the world forced you to come in the area. I'm amazed >.>; Besides one of the biggest otaku museums in France (my room), there's nothing there :blink

And btw, dunno if I asked you, but where are you from germany, Puri-kun?

Xophy-danchou who do you think is the mummy-man? Some completely new character or a person we have seen before?Let us gather actual facts.
1) He's wearing bandages all over his body, obviously in other to hide his identity.
2) His speed is average, but his cuts are sharp, showing a great amount of training.
3) Agon is a bastard.

Let me analyze the facts and provide a personal opinion for each of them.
1) it's someone we know. I mean, what would have been the point of hiding his identity AND face if it was someone we don't know? -_-; On top of that Hiruma did recognize him while all the others from Deimon didn't, and he talked to him casually, so it seems someone who Hiruma knows a bit more than the others.
2) He's not a powerhouse. He's not in the teams shown by Hiruma on pages 12-13, so it's only logical to assume he's just supposed to be a great bench player. Not a genius, like said Shin, it's just a guy who practiced a lot.
3) Agon is gonna stir trouble in the team badly, so maybe they'll have to get rid of him at some point. Since his current position in the team is supposed to be linebacker, it'd be better if they had a spare linebacker just in case Gaou has to hit a bit Agon to calm him down.

So if we process all that, who am I thinking about? habashira Rui. Of course, it's not like I'm 100% sure of that and my theory is perfect (my theories never are, but it's more fun that way xD). Just that:
1) Habashira is someone we know well, and Hiruma is used to talk casually to him like he did in this chapter (though he talks casually to everyone, but well). Hiruma does know Habashira better than the other members of deimon, since he has regularly used him as a slave, and there was the tear-jearking part after the match between Kyoshin and Zokugaku. And Habashira could have very well hidden his identity just because he doesn't want to seem too obedient by joining a team made with his former enemies...
2) Habashira's not a powerhouse, his speed is average (databook record, 5.2), and he's been known to always train a lot. If he actually trained during the whole time Zokugaku was out of the fall tournament (and that's half a year ago), he may very well have improsed into a great player by now (I mean, in a few months Shin took his 4.36 record and got it to 4.2... but Shin isn't human -_-;). On top of that he's shown the determination the Chairman was looking for more than once.
3) Habashira's a linebacker. He's actually, according to the latest character popularity poll, the third most popular pure linebacker of the manga (not counting Agon since he's everything nor Akaba since he's a tight end), and the most popular character not yet on the team (yes, he's more popular than Juumonji). If Agon acts up and they need a guy to replace him, there could be worse choices than Habashira (like, Munakata >.>).

So yeah, for all those reasons, I'd say Habashira. There are a few cons, though. I'm not convinced at all by my argument about the bandages. I don't think there's been a point in hiding his identity that way. On top of that, Habashira has abnormally long arms, and though it was slowly corrected during the course of the manga and Murata drew them more realistically lately, it's still something Sena should have recognised if it was him. So yeah. Cons.

Or it could very well be Ishimaru, who finally found a way to stand out, by becoming the true invisible man :shakefist Or Mamori, or Harao, or Sanji, or Hallelujah Haptism, who knows. Unless it's actually Char Aznabble, here to recruit the powerful newtype Sena for his Neo-Zeon army, nothing will surprise me :oh
[hr]

The Area no Kishi reading community grows, I see...

I did say i'd read it today, but as usual, no time, blah. I'm still putting it on top of my reading list^^;

Mr. Prince
November 29, 2008, 04:07 PM
What in the world forced you to come in the area. I'm amazed >.>; Besides one of the biggest otaku museums in France (my room), there's nothing there :blink
One word: Maman. :XD
My mom is nearly as geeky when it comes to France as myself when talking about Japan. She used to live there, was a teacher abroad and therefore I've been quite often in France...
And even though I was in that area I didn't get to see the Otaku Museum...I feel ripped of. : /

And btw, dunno if I asked you, but where are you from germany, Puri-kun?
The beautiful(?) city of Munich.^^

Or it could very well be Ishimaru, who finally found a way to stand out, by becoming the true invisible man :shakefist Or Mamori, or Harao, or Sanji, or Hallelujah Haptism, who knows. Unless it's actually Char Aznabble, here to recruit the powerful newtype Sena for his Neo-Zeon army, nothing will surprise me :oh
Wow...I'm quite impressed. I had two candidates in my head - one of them was Habashira (for a fair number of reasons you explained) and the other one would be Unko-chan..I mean Unsui.
But you're right we can't be sure in the end. Inagaki is a tricky fox so maybe he'll come up with something ingenious no one expects - and if it has to be Char Aznable. XD
(Nevertheless I think it's pretty safe to say it won't be Sanji - since his position of choice is kicker. ; ))

I followed the discussion about sports-manga on one eye and if I was to make some recommendations in that genre it would definitely be "ROOKIES" and "Mr. Fullswing", apart from the titles eni has mentioned last page.

Drakno
November 29, 2008, 06:56 PM
How about Yukimitsu? training check, needs to make sure Agon won't realize it's him check (since he scored that first touchdown against Shinryuji and Agon took it as a personal insult since an untalented player "beat" him), Hiruma knows him check.

The way I see it he is the perfect candidate to be the mummy man and we didn't see him in the test either and since Inagaki-sensei isn't the type to let chars die I am confident it is Yukimitsu :noworry

miyavisoap
November 29, 2008, 07:57 PM
xophy-san!!! check out my hatsune cos!!!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/urahara_lover/sg107091_tomas0127.jpg

Xophien
November 29, 2008, 09:39 PM
One word: Maman. :XD
My mom is nearly as geeky when it comes to France as myself when talking about Japan. She used to live there, was a teacher abroad and therefore I've been quite often in France...
And even though I was in that area I didn't get to see the Otaku Museum...I feel ripped of. : /

Heh, should you ever pass by again, don't forget to warn me beforehand, I'll gladly pay you a drink :amuse

How about Yukimitsu? training check, needs to make sure Agon won't realize it's him check (since he scored that first touchdown against Shinryuji and Agon took it as a personal insult since an untalented player "beat" him), Hiruma knows him check.

The way I see it he is the perfect candidate to be the mummy man and we didn't see him in the test either and since Inagaki-sensei isn't the type to let chars die I am confident it is Yukimitsu :noworry

No way. Or wait, let me put rephrase that. No fucking way >.>
-Bandages? What's the point? Hiding himself from Agon? Suuuure >.> Deimon guys would have recognized him anyway, there aren't as many players as tall and slender as he is (actual fact, he's taller than most ES21 characters), and seriously, look at page 04... If Yukimitsu was THAT muscular I think we'd have noticed it >.>;
-Shin said "average speed". He might have tried his best, Yuki is still at 5.6, and that's still by pretty much all ES21 standards, slow. Definitely not average.
-No point. I like Yuki, he's definitely a great character, but not only his physical abilities are far from being enough to take on the world (heck, Juumonji wasn't accepted because he was short physically, so Yukimitsu? -_-;), but his strongest point, the option route, only works with Hiruma, and it'll be Kid who will take care of the passing game. On top of that, with Monta, Sakuraba, Taka, Tetsuma, Ikkyuu, the team is already overloaded with better receivers. As much as Yuki deserves credit for having made it this far, and even scoring a touchdown at the Christmas Bowl, he honestly doesn't have his place in a team of this level >.>;

Edit: Honestly, the more I think about it, the more... I think about it. That's pretty much it. So here's my final prediction regarding the bandaged person: it's a man.

Other than that, I have seriously NO IDEA >.>

Cuuuuuuute <3 Such a shame that you're 3D :shakefist

miyavisoap
November 29, 2008, 10:04 PM
is it really a shame that im 3D??? lol. well, maybe it is :p
but since i bought a cheap wig, it was so itchyyy -_-;

i wish i had the money to buy rin/len costume... :crying

Gold Knight
November 30, 2008, 06:36 AM
Don't listen to Xophy, miya :p He lives in another universe.

That's a fantastic cosplay and you look great. :)

Xophien
November 30, 2008, 06:42 AM
Don't listen to Xophy, miya :p He lives in another universe.

That was still a big compliment, coming from me :p

Gold Knight
November 30, 2008, 07:54 AM
I know, but some people actually try to look more 2D. :omg

Mr. Prince
November 30, 2008, 11:02 AM
Heh, should you ever pass by again, don't forget to warn me beforehand, I'll gladly pay you a drink :amuse
Hehe, I might take you up on that offer some time soon...
Of course if Danchou gets astray to Munich the same goes for you. We have some nice little anime/manga merchandise shops - I'd gladly pay you a gashapon. :D

Wow...I just finished craploads of shukudai. *feels relieved*

miyavisoap
November 30, 2008, 11:22 AM
haha, well, i kinda get what xophy-san's saying, gk-san.
my friend lives in 4D but thinks that she lives in 2D so there are those kinds of ppl in this world :p.

and thanks for the compliments guys =]]

eni
November 30, 2008, 06:34 PM
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/570907/realitysucks.zip

For you, my dear. Your 4koma with the geass reminded me of it :love

"oh. oh, reality sucks..." :dance

baboysai
December 01, 2008, 12:24 AM
That's the bottom top5 sports manga at MU, btw :nod

01. Slam Dunk (Shounen - Basketball) -> eni wishlist <3

Danchou, i was actually wondering if you ever read that?

I happen to love Slam Dunk, and Takehiko Inoue is a god, i believe. :oh

:wtf

you blurred out your face. >.> still, it's cute, miya-san. I'm more convinced you're 27, because those spanking shoes... 13-year-olds can't wear those.. *cough*

Xophien
December 01, 2008, 04:30 AM
Hehe, I might take you up on that offer some time soon...
Of course if Danchou gets astray to Munich the same goes for you. We have some nice little anime/manga merchandise shops - I'd gladly pay you a gashapon. :D

Gashapon? Who needs gashapons >.> When a figure isn't at least 1/8 scale it's not interesting! :yelling (and I live in France, the second country of mangas anyway, so what's the point? Would you pay sushis to someone coming back from Japan? :p Beer is all I'd ask from you germans :smile-big)

my friend lives in 4D but thinks that she lives in 2D so there are those kinds of ppl in this world :p.

She's nuts. We're obviously all living in 3D (well, 4D if you put it that way). 2D is something we yearn for, not something we actually live in :p

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/570907/realitysucks.zip

For you, my dear. Your 4koma with the geass reminded me of it :love

"oh. oh, reality sucks..." :dance

Not bad. Though the rest of the lyrics aren't appropriate considering I'm not boozing my life away. I'd rather drown in yuri :oh

Danchou, i was actually wondering if you ever read that?

I happen to love Slam Dunk, and Takehiko Inoue is a god, i believe. :oh

Slam Dunk's pretty much my favorite manga that I never actually read >.>; The thing is, I've been spoiled too much by my friends, MH and the whole world about everything that happens in Slam Dunk, so while I'm sure I'd love the manga, considering I know pretty much everything that happens in it, I never could find the opportunity (or motivation) to actually read it :darn

you blurred out your face. >.> still, it's cute, miya-san. I'm more convinced you're 27, because those spanking shoes... 13-year-olds can't wear those.. *cough*

I think they can. But you should ask ttx for his opinion, he's the specialist when it comes to 13 years-olds after all :oh

eni
December 01, 2008, 04:35 AM
Not bad. Though the rest of the lyrics aren't appropriate considering I'm not boozing my life away. I'd rather drown in yuri :oh
That could be considered as the same to many people :oh

I think they can. But you should ask ttx for his opinion, he's the specialist when it comes to 13 years-olds after all :oh
>.>

Mr. Prince
December 01, 2008, 08:16 AM
Gashapon? Who needs gashapons >.> When a figure isn't at least 1/8 scale it's not interesting! :yelling (and I live in France, the second country of mangas anyway, so what's the point? Would you pay sushis to someone coming back from Japan? :p
... ...it's the gesture that matters, ne? NE? :worrybunny
And if that person said he likes sushi I'd take him to the best mofo'ing sushi restaurant I knew. *lol*

Beer is all I'd ask from you germans :smile-big)
I'm a nondrinker, so you can have my share...but Cola is all mine. MINE!! Well, and Marco's... :smile-big

miyavisoap
December 01, 2008, 06:19 PM
Gashapon? Who needs gashapons >.> When a figure isn't at least 1/8 scale it's not interesting! :yelling (and I live in France, the second country of mangas anyway, so what's the point? Would you pay sushis to someone coming back from Japan? :p Beer is all I'd ask from you germans :smile-big)
well... i like gashapons.... but i still like 1/8 scale and above better :xp
and speaking of beer.... korean ones are pretty good too.
and i loooove french wines!
why would you look for alcohol elsewhere when youre living in france???

She's nuts. We're obviously all living in 3D (well, 4D if you put it that way). 2D is something we yearn for, not something we actually live in :p
yeah i know she's crazy lol. and in my opinion, she does live in 4D :p

yeah we can but those are NOT my shoes lol. and for bb-san, these are the latest shoes that i got. (and yes, i like pumps :love)
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/urahara_lover/0431309555296R_300x400.jpg

and just so if you want to get one of these, these are Miss Dior :love

and who's ttx???:oh

Xophien
December 01, 2008, 06:48 PM
why would you look for alcohol elsewhere when youre living in france??

Because German beer is better. And Belgian beer the best. And so are Russian vodka, Italian marsala, and of course Japanese sake. Alcohol is always the best when it's coming from its country of origin :p (non-French red wine, for example, mostly sucks >.>)

Note that despite being French I'm not even that fond of red wine, though (I like only the first-class ones) White wine is another matter <333

and who's ttx???:oh

Resident lolicon. If you happen to meet him, RUN :oh

miyavisoap
December 01, 2008, 06:59 PM
Because German beer is better. And Belgian beer the best. And so are Russian vodka, Italian marsala, and of course Japanese sake. Alcohol is always the best when it's coming from its country of origin :p (non-French red wine, for example, mostly sucks >.>)

Note that despite being French I'm not even that fond of red wine, though (I like only the first-class ones) White wine is another matter <333
yeahh, well, belgian beer is really good. my friend is german so whenever i go to his house i get one or two cans for free :p and sake!!!!!! my dad loves it so i get to have sips regularly :love

i dont get it. :oh but i'll run if i meet him.

baboysai
December 01, 2008, 07:23 PM
Slam Dunk's pretty much my favorite manga that I never actually read >.>; The thing is, I've been spoiled too much by my friends, MH and the whole world about everything that happens in Slam Dunk, so while I'm sure I'd love the manga, considering I know pretty much everything that happens in it, I never could find the opportunity (or motivation) to actually read it :darn

but danchou! you just think you're spoiled, but then... well... it's Takehiko Inoue we're talking about! :wtf

I had the same feeling you got, but I decided to read it still (forgot the reason why), and it's really awesome :crying

@miya, you can't run in those shoes... so...

miyavisoap
December 01, 2008, 07:30 PM
ohhh trust me, i can run in those shoes.
or i'll just simply use one of my greatest special ability of mine: running barefeet :p.

Galth
December 02, 2008, 03:38 AM
Alcohol is always the best when it's coming from its country of origin :p (non-French red wine, for example, mostly sucks >.>)

Except for the fact that 'red wine' didn't originate in France, nor did 'beer' in come from Europe, originally. >_>

Xophien
December 02, 2008, 03:57 AM
i dont get it. :oh but i'll run if i meet him.

Good. There are things in this world that you're better off not knowing :oh

but danchou! you just think you're spoiled, but then... well... it's Takehiko Inoue we're talking about! :wtf

I had the same feeling you got, but I decided to read it still (forgot the reason why), and it's really awesome :crying

I know that, and it's on my read list, but... To be perfectly honest I'm not much of a fan of Vagabond, so well >.>;

Except for the fact that 'red wine' didn't originate in France, nor did 'beer' in come from Europe, originally. >_>

The most commonly used and popular varieties of grape to make red wine are of French origin. And, if not its existence, its history is forever tied up to France :oh And I never said beer was coming from Europe, it's a simple enough beverage and pretty much every country in the world discovered it on its own >_>

And stop acting like the resident Miwiki or I'm locking you up in a room with Drakno :oh

baboysai
December 02, 2008, 05:49 AM
I know that, and it's on my read list, but... To be perfectly honest I'm not much of a fan of Vagabond, so well >.>;

Well, not that I'm asking you to be a fan or anything. I just love Takehiko Inoue's godlike skillz, is all. :oh

And stop acting like the resident Miwiki or I'm locking you up in a room with Drakno :oh

why drakno?? he was locked up all this time? for what crime?

Xophien
December 02, 2008, 05:54 AM
why drakno?? he was locked up all this time? for what crime?

He's the self-proclaimed number one fan of Miyuki (I'm not doubting that, since he's pretty much the only one as well >.>), so Miwiki Khal could be to his tastes :oh

Drakno
December 02, 2008, 05:58 AM

He's the self-proclaimed number one fan of Miyuki (I'm not doubting that, since he's pretty much the only one as well >.>), so Miwiki Khal could be to his tastes :oh

I see your evil personality didn't change one bit Xoph huh :notrust :modsmack (at least the nicknaming has stopped...)

baboysai
December 02, 2008, 06:04 AM
Btw Danchou, I just thought of a question for you.

What do you actually think of Satoshi Kon movies/anime?

Xophien
December 02, 2008, 07:15 AM
I see your evil personality didn't change one bit Xoph huh :notrust :modsmack (at least the nicknaming has stopped...)

The day I won't be myself, you may be sure the world will be coming to an end :p As for the nicknaming, it was fun for a while, but it's the kind of thing that gets old quickly Dor... Drakkun :oh

Btw Danchou, I just thought of a question for you.

What do you actually think of Satoshi Kon movies/anime?

I only saw Tokyo Godfathers (that I loved) of him. Actually I must confess that I've seen very, very few anime movies, Mononoke Hime being for example the only Ghibli movie I've ever seen. Dunno why, really, I know they're good and I'm sure I'd like them, but... Maybe I don't like to invest my time into something so short >.>; (it'd explain also why I only play RPGs and don't really like oneshots :sweat)

Drakno
December 02, 2008, 07:21 AM
As for the nicknaming, it was fun for a while, but it's the kind of thing that gets old quickly Dor... Drakkun :oh

Drakkun huh, well at least that's an improvement :amuse

Luckas
December 02, 2008, 07:21 AM
About Slam Dunk I read at least 3 times, and I absolutely love Buzzer Beater (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2279); it was such pity the anime adaption changed the plot so much.

baboysai
December 02, 2008, 09:57 AM
I only saw Tokyo Godfathers (that I loved) of him. Actually I must confess that I've seen very, very few anime movies, Mononoke Hime being for example the only Ghibli movie I've ever seen. Dunno why, really, I know they're good and I'm sure I'd like them, but... Maybe I don't like to invest my time into something so short >.>; (it'd explain also why I only play RPGs and don't really like oneshots :sweat)

I loved Tokyo Godfathers, which was my first Satoshi Kon that I ever watched. That actually brought up my expectations when I tried exploring his other works which I found too much of a mental stress to watch. -_-; And ironically Danchou, they're not as short as you think, which would actually make you wish otherwise :darn

And speaking of Mononoke Hime, that's actually my favorite Ghibli movie. I'm a fan of Ghibli stuffs btw, and totally enjoyed the Ghibli museum. Anyway, if you would ever consider taking a reco, try My Neighbor Totoro. It's my 2nd favorite of the Ghibli movies. ^^ Something that can't ever be made a series anyway, cute enough as it is.

About Slam Dunk I read at least 3 times, and I absolutely love Buzzer Beater (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2279); it was such pity the anime adaption changed the plot so much.

this isn't in our neat little database? ;) I find our little MH to be very amusing btw. It's absolutely cute.

Xophien
December 02, 2008, 10:21 AM
I loved Tokyo Godfathers, which was my first Satoshi Kon that I ever watched. That actually brought up my expectations when I tried exploring his other works which I found too much of a mental stress to watch. -_-; And ironically Danchou, they're not as short as you think, which would actually make you wish otherwise :darn

Forgot, I also saw Perfect Blue of him (well, he only directed this one, didn't write it), and it wasn't bad either. Seriously weird, but not bad. And also Paranoia Agent, his only TV series, and this one was rather... Well, weird, too, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit^^; It had one of the most WTF openings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U) ever, too :XD

And speaking of Mononoke Hime, that's actually my favorite Ghibli movie. I'm a fan of Ghibli stuffs btw, and totally enjoyed the Ghibli museum. Anyway, if you would ever consider taking a reco, try My Neighbor Totoro. It's my 2nd favorite of the Ghibli movies. ^^ Something that can't ever be made a series anyway, cute enough as it is.

I'm considering taking the reco if you don't mind me never actually watching it :oh Same thing as usual, too much stuff to do^^;

this isn't in our neat little database? ;) I find our little MH to be very amusing btw. It's absolutely cute.

I do agree, and got used quickly to link to the MH database. But maybe that's because I never used mangaupdates much in the first place... >.>

kaylee
December 02, 2008, 10:30 AM

You have any wine recommendations? Especially, recommendations on where I could go to taste a variety of wines? I was advised to try Dijon, since they have lots of tours of the burgandy region, but wine tours don't seem to be very popular in january, for some odd reason. :eyeroll

baboysai
December 02, 2008, 11:18 AM
Forgot, I also saw Perfect Blue of him (well, he only directed this one, didn't write it), and it wasn't bad either. Seriously weird, but not bad. And also Paranoia Agent, his only TV series, and this one was rather... Well, weird, too, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit^^; It had one of the most WTF openings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U) ever, too :XD

oh yeah I've tried Paranoia agent, but never got past ep 6 :shakefist

You have any wine recommendations? Especially, recommendations on where I could go to taste a variety of wines? I was advised to try Dijon, since they have lots of tours of the burgandy region, but wine tours don't seem to be very popular in january, for some odd reason. :eyeroll

you're planning to go to france for some wine tour? (This is purely an inquisition, with no sarcasm or whatever effect intended)

Xophien
December 02, 2008, 11:23 AM

Taking off from Paris for a one-day tour, I s'ppose? Yeah, I'd say the Burgundy region, either Dijon or Beaune should be 2 hours away from Paris by train, and Mâcon a bit further. Beaune and Mâcon are both right inside the Burgundy region as far as wine is concerned, Dijon a little more to the north. And don't think wine tours aren't popular at this time of the year, it's about just the right time to taste the Beaujolais nouveau over there :amuse

Though you could also try for the Champagne region, if you feel more like tasting champagne instead of wine :p It's about two hours away as well, and in this case you're going for Reims, or the nearby small town of Epernay (which is the home of several of the biggest and best champagne producers).

kaylee
December 02, 2008, 12:08 PM
you're planning to go to france for some wine tour? (This is purely an inquisition, with no sarcasm or whatever effect intended)

Nah, I'm going to France for work. But while I'm there, I'd like to sample some wine too. I mean, I can get French wine here too, but... *shrug*
[hr]

Taking off from Paris for a one-day tour, I s'ppose?

I dunno yet. I was just trying to think of what I should do. :amuse

And don't think wine tours aren't popular at this time of the year, it's about just the right time to taste the Beaujolais nouveau over there :amuse

Yeah, there were Beaujolais nouveau tasting parties here sponsored by the french community. I went to one last year, but skipped it this year. (I felt so out of place with everyone speaking french, since I can't understand a word. :sweat)

Though you could also try for the Champagne region, if you feel more like tasting champagne instead of wine :p It's about two hours away as well, and in this case you're going for Reims, or the nearby small town of Epernay (which is the home of several of the biggest and best champagne producers).

Hmm, but what is there to do in these towns? The thing is, here in the states (eg, NY and CA), it's quite popular to drive between various vineyards and taste a sample of the wines at each vineyard. But I don't really want to do that in France because (1) I don't want to drive, (2) there are way too many vineyards that I wouldn't know which to pick and don't know if they're even open for tours in Jan, and (3) I get the impression that this vineyard-hopping isn't really popular in france. Are there stores or restaurants that offer tastings of various vineyards?

eni
December 02, 2008, 12:18 PM
Kaylee:
http://us.franceguide.com/what-to-do/wine-and-cuisine/home.html?NodeID=119

or, if that link doesn't work directly:
http://us.franceguide.com
navigation right -> "what to do" -> "wine and cuisine"

That website is (in the German version) very popular on france-fan-forums for planning short trips and longer journeys.

Xophien
December 02, 2008, 12:38 PM
Hmm, but what is there to do in these towns? The thing is, here in the states (eg, NY and CA), it's quite popular to drive between various vineyards and taste a sample of the wines at each vineyard. But I don't really want to do that in France because (1) I don't want to drive, (2) there are way too many vineyards that I wouldn't know which to pick and don't know if they're even open for tours in Jan, and (3) I get the impression that this vineyard-hopping isn't really popular in france. Are there stores or restaurants that offer tastings of various vineyards?

Vineyard-hopping isn't popular? I guess it depends. Sometimes it's easy, take Epernay I mentioned earlier for example, there's four of the biggest champagne caves in the world... in the same avenue :p But yeah, there are also stores that offer tastings of various vineyards in the major cities, you'll even find tons of them "bar à vin" (literally wine pub) in Paris :p Depends what you want to do, visiting caves (which is sure impressing), then you'll have to leave Paris, or tasting lots of vineyards, then staying in Paris could be enough for that and you'll get to taste everything from Bordeaux to Burgundy.

I'd take the opportunity to leave the capitale if I were you, though :p And well, say you feel like going to Beaune, I checked, there's a bar à vin here, and if you don't want to feel too lost, I could even go up there to be your guide-interpreter :p It's not even two hours away by car :amuse

kaylee
December 02, 2008, 04:05 PM
And well, say you feel like going to Beaune, I checked, there's a bar à vin here, and if you don't want to feel too lost, I could even go up there to be your guide-interpreter :p It's not even two hours away by car :amuse

You'd leave your room for moi? :jawdrop

I might take you up on that. :amuse Seems to be roughly 2 and a half hours away by train, with a connection in Dijon. Anything else to see in Beaune, other than the bar à vin? :D

Xophien
December 02, 2008, 04:59 PM
You'd leave your room for moi? :jawdrop

Of course I would, I have to tell your husband how much of a freak you are after all :p (plus I'd make every other mod and member here envious, so yeah :smile-big)

I might take you up on that. :amuse Seems to be roughly 2 and a half hours away by train, with a connection in Dijon. Anything else to see in Beaune, other than the bar à vin? :DNot much, I guess, besides the wine museum, the abbey, one of the oldest hospital in the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospices_de_Beaune), the nearby castle and its cellar, the restaurants, parks, and the town itself which is a rather typical, old and pretty french town, ranked among the most beautiful ones of the country :amuse

ibra87
December 02, 2008, 05:20 PM
and the town itself which is a rather typical, old and pretty french town, ranked among the most beautiful ones of the country :amuse

And the hometown of the team, that has lost to Lyon time after time after time :D

Xophien
December 02, 2008, 06:35 PM
We're not talking about my hometown, there, soon-to-be-banned ibra-kun >.> (to think we even defeated the FCK for you, you backstabbing traitor! :yelling)

miyavisoap
December 02, 2008, 07:39 PM
where are you guys talkin bout?

anyway, for my birthday present, my dad's getting me the chouyusha haruhi ultimate limited edition version!
omg, im so excited that im spazzin out everywhere :xp

baboysai
December 02, 2008, 08:55 PM
wow, dads that support otakuism. fantastic.

Xophien
December 03, 2008, 05:38 AM
where are you guys talkin bout?

Beaune (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaune), the capital of Burgundy wine.

anyway, for my birthday present, my dad's getting me the chouyusha haruhi ultimate limited edition version!
omg, im so excited that im spazzin out everywhere :xphttp://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg59/Xophien/yuusharuhi.jpg

Forgive the crappy quality of the pics my cellphone makes^^;

eni
December 03, 2008, 06:07 AM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg59/Xophien/yuusharuhi.jpg

Forgive the crappy quality of the pics my cellphone makes^^;
What a showoff... :eyeroll

Xophien
December 03, 2008, 06:09 AM
What a showoff... :eyeroll

You proudly show off pics of your kids, right? Then it's logical I do the same :p

kaylee
December 03, 2008, 08:58 AM
Of course I would, I have to tell your husband how much of a freak you are after all :p

He knows, trust me. -_-; (he's the one who has to watch me spaz over es21 and rant over naruto every week, after all. you should've seen how insanely hyper I got during the last play of the xmas bowl :sweat). Just don't mention yaoi and we should be good. :oh

one of the oldest hospital in the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospices_de_Beaune)

Gorgeous! :nuts Is it really still being used as a hospital? Or is it just a pretty building now?

Xophien
December 03, 2008, 09:17 AM
He knows, trust me. -_-; (he's the one who has to watch me spaz over es21 and rant over naruto every week, after all. you should've seen how insanely hyper I got during the last play of the xmas bowl :sweat). Just don't mention yaoi and we should be good. :oh

Not mentioning yaoi in your presence? Now that has got to be hard :p But yeah, I should have figured you're too much of a fangirl not to at least show it to him :p Note that it'd be the first I actually speak english with, well, native english speakers. This ought to be fun :p

Gorgeous! :nuts Is it really still being used as a hospital? Or is it just a pretty building now? Now it's both a pretty building and a museum, and also home to one of the most important wine auctions in the world every year :amuse

Galth
December 03, 2008, 10:55 AM
Note that it'd be the first I actually speak english with, well, native english speakers. This ought to be fun :p

Hrm hrm, that ought to be fun for you, for Kei-chan not as much. :oh

It's rather hard to understand you at times because of your rather obvious french accent. :rofl

kaylee
December 03, 2008, 11:53 AM
It's rather hard to understand you at times because of your rather obvious french accent. :rofl

For you, maybe. I'm used to it though, so I'm sure I'll be fine. :amuse And since I love the french accent, even if I can't understand him, I'll just listen happily and nod along. :nod

And in the worst case, force him to recite python taunts. "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. "

:XD

Galth
December 03, 2008, 03:59 PM
For you, maybe. I'm used to it though, so I'm sure I'll be fine. :amuse

Oh, I'm not used to it at all, France is, like, totally on the other side of the globe, and we have just about zero french people walking around happily around here, yeah. :oh

Xophien
December 03, 2008, 04:17 PM
For you, maybe. I'm used to it though, so I'm sure I'll be fine. :amuse And since I love the french accent, even if I can't understand him, I'll just listen happily and nod along. :nod

And in the worst case, force him to recite python taunts. "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. "

You won't have to force me :oh Now go away or I shall taunt you some more :p

Oh, I'm not used to it at all, France is, like, totally on the other side of the globe, and we have just about zero french people walking around happily around here, yeah. :oh

The kind of french guys roaming the netherlands isn't the good kind of french guys, so don't base your opinion about my countrymen on that, you drug-addicted windmill lover :oh

Galth
December 03, 2008, 04:19 PM
Oh come on! Windmills are awesome! They go round and round and round and whoooo~ I'm getting dizzy...

*sits down for a while, waiting for the world to stop spinning around in pink and purple colours*

Xophien
December 03, 2008, 04:23 PM
Oh come on! Windmills are awesome! They go round and round and round and whoooo~

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg59/Xophien/izumi_konata.jpg

Drakno
December 03, 2008, 04:26 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg59/Xophien/izumi_konata.jpg

dizzy, dizzy, the Kanata whirl has made me dizzy....

Mr. Prince
December 03, 2008, 04:37 PM
*wanted to say something but has completely forgotten when looking at the swirl of Kona-chan(s)* @__@

Drakno
December 03, 2008, 04:44 PM
it's Kanata, no mole you see

Xophien
December 03, 2008, 04:47 PM
There's no mole because it's only right eyes, duh >.>

Drakno
December 03, 2008, 04:50 PM
There's no mole because it's only right eyes, duh >.>

I realize that but since Konata has a mole it would be right to say that the face at the whirl isn't Konata and since Kanata is just the same but without the mole isn't it perfect that way :oh ?

miyavisoap
December 03, 2008, 04:51 PM
first of all, my dad is not a supporter for otakuism lol. he hates it but i kinda made a deal with him that i wont bother him to send me mangas from korea (he goes there for work a lot) for a while lol.

and yes, xophy-san!!! that is the one im getting in... 3 days!!! kyaaa- im already so excited :xp

and i have a french friend that helps me with homework all the time (and i help her with math) and shes got the coolest accent ever. i loooove french accent >_<

the pic looks like konata to me cuz our computer screen is super dirty and looks like there are moles everywhere -_-

Xophien
December 03, 2008, 05:00 PM
I realize that but since Konata has a mole it would be right to say that the face at the whirl isn't Konata and since Kanata is just the same but without the mole isn't it perfect that way :oh ?

Nope, because that kind of face is Konata's trademark, it's not a face Kanata would make :p

and yes, xophy-san!!! that is the one im getting in... 3 days!!! kyaaa- im already so excited :xp

But it was a limited edition that was only provided with the special edition of the PS2 game. It's weird if you get it on its own :shakefist

and i have a french friend that helps me with homework all the time (and i help her with math) and shes got the coolest accent ever. i loooove french accent >_<That's only because you never heard me talk :p I already have an accent while talking in french... >.>;

miyavisoap
December 03, 2008, 05:04 PM
oh, im getting the limited edition one seperately :oh. dont ask me the details cuz i dont know lol. all i did is give my dad all the info of the figure and he did the rest :p.

and i have an accent when i speak korean, too, even though it's suppose to be my first language... and if you are a super sensitive listner, you prolly will catch a glimpse of accent in my enlish too lol.

Drakno
December 03, 2008, 05:08 PM
Nope, because that kind of face is Konata's trademark, it's not a face Kanata would make :p

Point given >.>

Imperium
December 03, 2008, 05:17 PM
That's only because you never heard me talk :p I already have an accent while talking in french... >.>;Zee French accent is over-rated. Zee best accent iz surely ze brummy one. O'lala.

(Its quite hard trying to type a french accent, since you cant really type all the "euh" and "boof's" that you lot put in normal sentences >.>; )

miyavisoap
December 03, 2008, 07:00 PM
haha. well, oh mon dieu, it actually is pretty cool, tho.

hunter71485
December 04, 2008, 12:27 AM
Zee French accent is over-rated. Zee best accent iz surely ze brummy one. O'lala.

(Its quite hard trying to type a french accent, since you cant really type all the "euh" and "boof's" that you lot put in normal sentences >.>; )

I assume you must be John Cleese in real life, you French guard who loves to taunt the English. >.>

Xophy I have a question, what software do you use when resizing sigs?

Xophien
December 04, 2008, 03:51 AM
oh, im getting the limited edition one seperately :oh. dont ask me the details cuz i dont know lol. all i did is give my dad all the info of the figure and he did the rest :p.

Heresy! :yelling getting the figure without the game that's supposed to come with it is heresy! :shakefist The otaku world is weeping! (though well, I guess it makes sense in you can't or don't want to play the game^^; such a shame, though, the game is awesome >.>)

Zee French accent is over-rated. Zee best accent iz surely ze brummy one. O'lala.

How many years has it been since I last saw someone say "olala"...

We don't add that many "bof" anymore. As for the "euh", it's the equivalent of you guys' "err" (or the japanese "ano/eto"), so of course it'd be used all the time :p

Xophy I have a question, what software do you use when resizing sigs?

Photoshop. I'll be the first to admit it's like using a chainsaw to cut a cake, but I've been using it for years and am more used to it than to any other image editing program, so... -_-;

hatsuharupeace
December 04, 2008, 10:10 AM
Which Photoshop do you use? CS2, CS3, CS4, Elements?

And have you ever tried scanlating? =D

Xophien
December 04, 2008, 12:55 PM
Which Photoshop do you use? CS2, CS3, CS4, Elements?

Photoshop 7. Yup :oh

And have you ever tried scanlating? =DYeah, I think I did (http://rapidshare.com/files/32048408/_Xophdryr_Naruto_ch354.zip) :oh

Mr. Prince
December 04, 2008, 01:54 PM
How many years has it been since I last saw someone say "olala"...
People in Paris still seem to use it regularly, since an aquaintance of mine who'd been in Paris this...August (I guess) came back and was using stupid "oulala" ALL THE TIME. (Now don't you say "It's a big difference between "ohlala" and "oulala"" XD)

Anyway I just dropped by to say:
We'll meet in quarter-finals and you'll be going down! :smile-big
I really hope German team has someone as great as good old "Karl-Heinz Schneider" from Tsubasa on their selection...(if the French team turns out to have the better/cooler players I'll be cheering for them though...*lol*)

miyavisoap
December 04, 2008, 05:05 PM
the only games i play these days are:
GTA 4
MGS 4
CoD 5
Counter-Strike
Tsukihime
TnC
and Guitar Hero 3.

and Photoshop 7! how old is that? im not trying to be a bitch, but xohpy-san, why dont you consider upgrating?

Xophien
December 04, 2008, 05:52 PM
People in Paris still seem to use it regularly, since an aquaintance of mine who'd been in Paris this...August (I guess) came back and was using stupid "oulala" ALL THE TIME. (Now don't you say "It's a big difference between "ohlala" and "oulala"" XD)

Hmm, regional differences, then. Or maybe the french persons talking with this acquaintance of yours used it a lot instead of the actual swear words they'd usually use :oh

Anyway I just dropped by to say:
We'll meet in quarter-finals and you'll be going down! :smile-big
I really hope German team has someone as great as good old "Karl-Heinz Schneider" from Tsubasa on their selection...(if the French team turns out to have the better/cooler players I'll be cheering for them though...*lol*)

While I'm sure we'll meet in quarterfinals, though... I wouldn't be surprised if Inagaki pulled off a Hakushuu again on this one and make Canada or China face Japan in the semifinals. But I don't think so. Russia is going to be a very power-based team, and Militaria (lol?) probably a very violent/unfair/tactical team or whatever. Since German is a bit like those two, I'm betting on France for the semifinals >.> Though... I'll wait until we actually see French and German players before giving an opinion :p

the only games i play these days are:
GTA 4
MGS 4
CoD 5
Counter-Strike
Tsukihime
TnC
and Guitar Hero 3.

Nice :shakefist

and Photoshop 7! how old is that? im not trying to be a bitch, but xohpy-san, why dont you consider upgrating?

I guess I'm just too used to it >.>; It does what I want it to do in the way I want it done, so why would I bother upgrade? :amuse "If it's not broken, don't fix it" would be my motto >.>

miyavisoap
December 04, 2008, 06:29 PM
Nice :shakefist
are you being sacastic? :notrust
but anyway, tsukihime is in fact my favorite manga/anime related game.
i wonder what my parents will say if they find out what kinds of games im playing........ *shudder*

I guess I'm just too used to it >.>; It does what I want it to do in the way I want it done, so why would I bother upgrade? :amuse "If it's not broken, don't fix it" would be my motto >.>
hmm, i still think you should upgrade it. i mean, if you are just using for simple stuff, 7 is fine, but if you are looking for something real fun:xp.

Fixed your quote code, it was broken. :p

Drakno
December 04, 2008, 06:35 PM
Danchou isn't being sarcastic, he loves the game and if I recall correctly he is a huge Akiha fan (and I do recall correctly)

Xophien
December 04, 2008, 06:39 PM
are you being sacastic? :notrust

Nope, it actually makes me rather proud to see a girl barely half my age playing hentai games :p Gives me faith in the future of the otaku world :amuse

but anyway, tsukihime is in fact my favorite manga/anime related game. And I'm not surprised either, its story is fantastic :p (though I wouldn't call it anime/manga related seeing how it's the original work^^) If you want recommendations for other games like that, feel free to ask, I can safely proclaim myself as the specialist of this kind of games on MH :oh

i wonder what my parents will say if they find out what kinds of games im playing........ *shudder*It'd be probably one of the most impressive reality checks ever. "Honey, our 13 years old daughter plays games with naked males doing weird things to each other~"

hmm, i still think you should upgrade it. i mean, if you are just using for simple stuff, 7 is fine, but if you are looking for something real fun:xp.I'm not looking for something fun, I'm looking for something convenient^^; I only ever use photoshop for resizing stuff and make sigs anyway, and since I don't like fancy sigs with too many special effects, 7 is more than enough for me^^
[hr]

Danchou isn't being sarcastic, he loves the game and if I recall correctly he is a huge Akiha fan (and I do recall correctly)

And more specifically of her true ending. It was awesome <3

Drakno
December 04, 2008, 08:17 PM
Nope, it actually makes me rather proud to see a girl barely half my age playing hentai games :p Gives me faith in the future of the otaku world :amuse

I get what you mean, Miya-chan has SHnY pcvs gundam models, has read tons of manga and light novels, is watching all the good anime each season, plays H-games, is a translator and cosplays (the only cosplay I have ever done was Cloud during the equivalent of Halloween we have here with a buster sword I borrowed...), despite the head start and all my effort I feel like she is gonna pass my level at any second (if she hasn't already left me in the dust) in a decade she might even be teaching you a thing or two about otakuism (and boy does that say something)... no matter how I see it the future of otakus is lookin good :amuse

Xophien
December 04, 2008, 08:23 PM
In my opinion, sorry to say that, Drakkun, she left you in the dust a long time ago by understanding Japanese. I'm afraid that's one of the prerequisites for a class change from "otaku" to "master otaku", and probably the most important one^^;

Drakno
December 04, 2008, 08:26 PM
Uhm, Korean is her native language, she translates Korean, I want to believe I am still in the race (probaly losing the race but that is a different matter)

miyavisoap
December 04, 2008, 09:58 PM
sorry for disappointing you drakno-san, but im very comfortable with speaking, reading, and writing japanese--well, i take that back: im very comfortable with speaking and reading japanese and okay with writing :p.

and obviously, i feel more confident about my korean skills and that's why i translate em =]. but yes, you are still in the race.

Drakno
December 04, 2008, 10:01 PM
.... I can tell when I am utterly defeated, I appreciate the consolation but this is my complete loss :scry ore no kampai desu...

miyavisoap
December 04, 2008, 10:07 PM
aww, drakno-san, dont be so sadd. it's okay cuz that's what youth is all about :]].

and xophy danchou, seeing two men fucking each other isnt the purpose of me playing that game lol. well, i mean, it's a major part of the game i gotta admit :p but the reason i play is cuz i loooove he can chop people into tiny pieces lol.

Drakno
December 04, 2008, 10:10 PM
aww, drakno-san, dont be so sad. it's okay cuz that's what youth is all about :]].

being told that from a 13 (14 in 24:50) year old.... is that the legendary rubbing salt on the wound technique?...

Damn this is like the Kenichi vs Kushinada fight that will never happen... except I am 3 years older than Kenichi

Mr. Prince
December 05, 2008, 09:11 AM
Hmm, regional differences, then. Or maybe the french persons talking with this acquaintance of yours used it a lot instead of the actual swear words they'd usually use :oh
They were people from the fashion scene...so yeah, that could be considered not just as a regional difference but differences between worlds or even galaxies.

While I'm sure we'll meet in quarterfinals, though... I wouldn't be surprised if Inagaki pulled off a Hakushuu again on this one and make Canada or China face Japan in the semifinals. But I don't think so. Russia is going to be a very power-based team, and Militaria (lol?) probably a very violent/unfair/tactical team or whatever.
Militaria is so awesomely wtf :XD
When the spoilers came out I sat there reading "Militaria", staring at my monitor and started laughing very hard...

But generally I think you're right about Russia. And Militaria could be something along the lines...maybe some hyper drilled squad, who's perfected its power, stamina and tactics play.

Since German is a bit like those two, I'm betting on France for the semifinals >.> Though... I'll wait until we actually see French and German players before giving an opinion :p
I don't know what to expect from the German team...I just hope they won't turn out as a bunch of 2 meter tall fucking Aryans. XD"
Oh yeah, and like someone mentioned in the spoiler-thread: be prepared for a French team wearing berets and playing with football-shaped baguette. *lol*
EDIT:
Okay...just made my way through the Raw. French player looks awesome, Heinrich Schulz is really creepy.
I'd consider myself as french supporter now. XD

--

I laughed so hard at this one...gotta love the otaku world. Anybody else would be worried by this kinda stuff but otaku approve it and smile happily. XD *yays*

Xophien
December 05, 2008, 12:17 PM
and xophy danchou, seeing two men fucking each other isnt the purpose of me playing that game lol. well, i mean, it's a major part of the game i gotta admit :p but the reason i play is cuz i loooove he can chop people into tiny pieces lol.

I didn't say that. I know it earns a few "WTF?!" when I say that, but I don't play hentai games for the hentai either -_-; Story and characters, as well as the fact visual novels are just a great genre at the crossroad of animes and light novels, that's what makes me play them :shakefist But honestly, who besides fellow otakus will see it like that and not take you for a crazy pervert? :oh

They were people from the fashion scene...so yeah, that could be considered not just as a regional difference but differences between worlds or even galaxies.

Yeaaah, I see the kind of persons you're talking about >.>;; Makes much more sense now >.>;;;

Militaria is so awesomely wtf :XD
When the spoilers came out I sat there reading "Militaria", staring at my monitor and started laughing very hard...

But generally I think you're right about Russia. And Militaria could be something along the lines...maybe some hyper drilled squad, who's perfected its power, stamina and tactics play.They even introduced perfect cannon fodder for the Militaria Republic to run over. And angry the Japanese team into running over them in turn, maybe. I smell part of Agon's plan having something to do with them, too...

As for Russia, Gaou will KILL Lord Chain... Err Rodchenko. I can have it no other way now :XD

EDIT:
Okay...just made my way through the Raw. French player looks awesome, Heinrich Schulz is really creepy.
I'd consider myself as french supporter now. XDFrench guy is a bishie, which was honestly expected :XD I'm not sure if they'll stand a chance against Schultz's team, though, he seems the closest player to Hiruma so far, as far as brains go. It will be interesting, Especially since it was introduced as strong, I'd expect them to get their asses kicked by le French team~

I laughed so hard at this one...gotta love the otaku world. Anybody else would be worried by this kinda stuff but otaku approve it and smile happily. XD *yays*Which is why we otakus are awesome :shakefist

Mr. Prince
December 05, 2008, 12:49 PM
I smell part of Agon's plan having something to do with them, too...
Agon is so...just when I started to like him [first he became more serious about football and then he had this sweet scene with Gaou a few weeks ago], I feel like punching him...I'm curious what this dirty bastard is scheming. :shakefist

As for Russia, Gaou will KILL Lord Chain... Err Rodchenko. I can have it no other way now :XD
No doubts on that.
Srsly if I had to choose "Fanciest player of the World Cup-Arc" up to this point, Gaou would win by miles...he's just been so incredibly awesome in the last couple of chapters. :D

French guy is a bishie, which was honestly expected :XD I'm not sure if they'll stand a chance against Schultz's team, though, he seems the closest player to Hiruma so far, as far as brains go. It will be interesting, Especially since it was introduced as strong, I'd expect them to get their asses kicked by le French team~
It's not that unimaginable, you're right.
But on the other hand maybe Inagaki wants once more to emphasize on Hiruma's brains...we'll see *shrug*
[For now I've decided to call the French guy "Bishi-shi" until his name is revealed..and if I don't like it I'll retain with "Bishi-shi". ; D]

Ah yeah and good ol' Marco is finally back. *happy* : D
Seemes like he'll never get used to Gaou's actions...

Which is why we otakus are awesome :shakefist
Otaku wa saikou~~!!
[Even though I'm not a fully apprenticed Otaku yet...I'd consider myself as an Otakkun for now XD But I'd subscribe that statement anytime!]

miyavisoap
December 05, 2008, 03:46 PM
yeah, tsukihime is really werid for a normal personn.

but just thinking about cutting people into pieces is so exciting :love

hyn_pride93
December 06, 2008, 05:16 AM
yeah, tsukihime is really werid for a normal personn.

but just thinking about cutting people into pieces is so exciting
I remember you telling me about this manga. I saw the anime, last month probably, on some channel. It was an English Dub. WOAH, is all I have to say. I'm not sure if it really was the anime or not, but I know that I'm going to read it some time or later. ;)

BTW, I like your sig and avatar Xophy. :love

miyavisoap
December 06, 2008, 09:21 AM
yeahh! you really should read that manga. it's really good. i only have read til volume 7... but still, i can promise ya that it's super goooood.

hyn_pride93
December 06, 2008, 02:05 PM
OK dokey, I've made up my mind to try it out sooner or later. :)

Imperium
December 06, 2008, 04:40 PM
It's kinda of a shame that "Militaria" didn't actually end up being Britain. In fact we are not even in the competition, although it might be a good thing since now i dont have to see what stereotypes of British people Inagaki currently has. XD

Btw, the serious German, the bishie Frenchman, the weightlifting Russian....i was rofl'ing throughout the chapter :rofl

Xophien
December 07, 2008, 11:43 AM
No doubts on that.
Srsly if I had to choose "Fanciest player of the World Cup-Arc" up to this point, Gaou would win by miles...he's just been so incredibly awesome in the last couple of chapters. :D

Quoted for truth. I'm also sure he's gonna steal the show from Kurira in the line, honestly, his personality is just perfect for that kind of arc :XD

[For now I've decided to call the French guy "Bishi-shi" until his name is revealed..and if I don't like it I'll retain with "Bishi-shi". ; D]Probably Pierre something. A French character in a manga has to be called Pierre. There's probably a law stating that. I should have bet on the Finnish and German players being called Hakkinen and Heinrich, actually, the former because Inagaki is obviously a F1 fan (and Hakkinen the only Finnish guy well-known at the world level), the latter because all germans are called Heinrich, right? :oh

Ah yeah and good ol' Marco is finally back. *happy* : D
Seemes like he'll never get used to Gaou's actions...He never could handle surprises well. And by being Gaou's friend, this definitely won't be improving soon xD

but just thinking about cutting people into pieces is so exciting :love

That you read yaoi or played hentai game at age 13 (or rather 14 now, happy belated birthday, miya :p) was fine, but now you're scary :oh

BTW, I like your sig and avatar Xophy. :love

It's kinda of a shame that "Militaria" didn't actually end up being Britain. In fact we are not even in the competition, although it might be a good thing since now i dont have to see what stereotypes of British people Inagaki currently has. XD

Don't worry, Impy, it can still actually be England, which in the ES21 storyline kicked out the Queen after a coup d'état and turned into a militaristic republic led by Charles di Britannia and currently researching sakuradite technology :oh

Btw, the serious German, the bishie Frenchman, the weightlifting Russian....i was rofl'ing throughout the chapter :roflThe only thing I wonder is where the Indian team has parked its elephant. Other than that, yeah, I see your point xD

miyavisoap
December 07, 2008, 12:12 PM
duuude, im not scary! i just enjoy gory stuff lol.

Mr. Prince
December 07, 2008, 12:36 PM
I should have bet on the Finnish and German players being called Hakkinen and Heinrich, actually, the former because Inagaki is obviously a F1 fan (and Hakkinen the only Finnish guy well-known at the world level), the latter because all germans are called Heinrich, right? :oh
Of course, Pierre. :D
Though I get regularly picked on for not being called Heinrich :scry

But I think it's funny that the characters turned out that stereo-typical, would have been surprised if it wasn't like that.
Also nice that Inagaki has put in this "Finland the country of world's best tooth care"-thing, I lol'd. XD
(Especially when Yamato joined the party)

He never could handle surprises well. And by being Gaou's friend, this definitely won't be improving soon xD
Word.

eni
December 07, 2008, 02:16 PM
It's official. This guy is the shounen personification of Konata :oh
http://i35.tinypic.com/hvuwcl.jpg

I mean... the face, the pose and even the hair 'spout' >.>

Xophien
December 07, 2008, 02:30 PM
duuude, im not scary! i just enjoy gory stuff lol.

And that's why we'll all say "She murdered 15 persons with an axe because someone insulted Lelouch? I'm not surprised." at your trial :oh

Of course, Pierre. :D
Though I get regularly picked on for not being called Heinrich :scry

Then I'll call you Heinrich from now on. No need to thank me, I'm always glad to help a friend, Heinrich :oh

It's official. This guy is the shounen personification of Konata :oh
http://i35.tinypic.com/hvuwcl.jpg

I mean... the face, the pose and even the hair 'spout' >.>

That's an "ahoge", for the record :oh And you forgot the "Fufufu" laugh, and even the personality, speech patterns and body size are similar :XD

miyavisoap
December 07, 2008, 05:16 PM
15 wont be enough to punish ppl who insulted lulu sama :notrust....

eni
December 07, 2008, 05:53 PM
That's an "ahoge", for the record :oh And you forgot the "Fufufu" laugh, and even the personality, speech patterns and body size are similar :XD
Ahoge, huh?

And yesh, noticed. I can already see him bringing choco cornets for school lunch >.>

Mr. Prince
December 07, 2008, 05:54 PM
Then I'll call you Heinrich from now on. No need to thank me, I'm always glad to help a friend, Heinrich :oh
omg...that's unbearable. Please stop it, Pierre. *screams*

On a side-note: I have a French name. : D (And no, it's not Pierre!)

eni
December 07, 2008, 05:57 PM
Lemme guess.... Pascal, Rene or Marcel? >.>

(I have a french name too, btw... and my children as well)

Xophien
December 07, 2008, 06:10 PM
And yesh, noticed. I can already see him bringing choco cornets for school lunch >.>

If the mangaka does that, he'll get my utmost respect and I'll translate all the mangas he'll ever work on :shakefist (or maybe not, but it's the thought that counts)

omg...that's unbearable. Please stop it, Pierre. *screams*

I'll trade it for an American name, if you want >.> And I wouldn't mind being called Pierre, Heinrich :oh

Are all germans France geeks or what? :blink Oh, wait, that'd explain the invasions... -_-;

Galth
December 07, 2008, 06:17 PM
Oh, wait, that'd explain the invasions... -_-;

I'd like to point out that you started. :oh

eni
December 07, 2008, 06:19 PM
Are all germans France geeks or what? :blink Oh, wait, that'd explain the invasions... -_-;
>.>

But yes, french names or french-based names are quite popular for some weird reason. Though, there's a good mix of many ethics in modern children names here, french ones are still very dominant along with northern names and names originated in greek.

kaylee
December 07, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'll trade it for an American name, if you want >.>

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of as a "typical" american name? I thought the majority of our names were borrowed from other countries.

Xophien
December 07, 2008, 06:44 PM
I'd like to point out that you started. :oh

You shouldn't care about details like that >.>

But yes, french names or french-based names are quite popular for some weird reason. Though, there's a good mix of many ethics in modern children names here, french ones are still very dominant along with northern names and names originated in greek.

Because it sounds foreign, and foreign sounds cool. It's about the same thing in France, tho to a lesser extent... And you'll actually never hear German names here, besides the odd Karl, I guess.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of as a "typical" american name? I thought the majority of our names were borrowed from other countries.

... Mine? :oh

Mr. Prince
December 07, 2008, 07:01 PM

Nope eni-nee it's not one of those three. : )
I share the given name with Mr. Sarkozy.

I'll trade it for an American name, if you want >.> And I wouldn't mind being called Pierre, Heinrich :oh
I think everything is better than "Heinrich" for God's sake... :XD
And of course you don't mind being called Pierre, I mean it's a f*ing flying horse in One Piece. That's like super awesome.

eni
December 07, 2008, 07:04 PM
That's not a french name >.>

Mr. Prince
December 07, 2008, 07:06 PM

Yes it is. >.>
No?

Let's say...it's francophone. XD"

Imperium
December 07, 2008, 07:06 PM
I share the given name with Mr. Sarkozy.Ahh, so then you must be named George :XD

Xophien
December 07, 2008, 07:08 PM

I changed my mind. Keep that :oh (that makes you the 5th Nicolas I know personally :p it's still a very common name, unlike eni's)

I think everything is better than "Heinrich" for God's sake... :XD
And of course you don't mind being called Pierre, I mean it's a f*ing flying horse in One Piece. That's like super awesome.

I forgot about that. Forget about that, I think I'll be content being a plushie then :oh
[hr]

If you spell it the French way, it's a French name, and a very common one :p

eni
December 07, 2008, 07:23 PM
If you spell it the French way, it's a French name, and a very common one :p
Isn't the french version of this one ending of an 'ai' sound?

Or do I mixed it up with the russian pronouncion? >.>

//edit
No, russian is "aj" ... hmmm... I have a weird french way to speak it in my head then...
Nikola (no s) and Nikita were my favorite second names for my son but since this is very uncommon for a boy in Germany, my family was against it.
[hr]

Bill, John, Jack, Ted, Jill, Amy, July, Damon, Brandon, Ryan, Taylor and pretty much everything ever featured in Wild West and Hollywood action or comedy movies with American protagonists >.>

Or simply, typical cowboy and in general typical 'classic' english names. With the difference to "UK English" that British names are supposed to sound more "high class" (Catherine) while a typical American name is kinda easy and simply (Katy).

Mr. Prince
December 07, 2008, 07:49 PM
I changed my mind. Keep that :oh (that makes you the 5th Nicolas I know personally :p it's still a very common name, unlike eni's)
I know two other people who share that name and one of them is a crazy bastard from Marseille who - whenever he visits Germany - forces me to sing some weird French song with him...it goes something like:
Ce soir nous irons danser~ sans des chemises et sans des pantalons~

I forgot about that. Forget about that, I think I'll be content being a plushie then :oh
Okay, then I'll stick to Yuri-danchou or Xophy, if that's okay. : )

And now I'll be heading of since I've a Kanji test tomorrow and I haven't looked over them again...
By the way: What's danchou's favorite kanji, if you do have such a thing? [In the end it'll turn out to be the combination for "yuri" or "hentai", no?]

kaylee
December 07, 2008, 08:00 PM
Forget about that, I think I'll be content being a plushie then :oh

Mmm, plushie. :squish

Bill, John, Jack, Ted, Jill, Amy, July, Damon, Brandon, Ryan, Taylor and pretty much everything ever featured in Wild West and Hollywood action or comedy movies with American protagonists >.>

July? Really? What movie was that from?

Bill & John I can see, even if they're not really american (but I guess nothing really is, except weird, made-up names like July :p). The rest don't seem all that common to me, but I guess it depends on your generation.