PDA

View Full Version : Gol D. Rogers crew/nakama

Anti-panda
September 08, 2006, 12:13 AM
Well to make a consise point does anyone else find it weird that we've seen and heard all about Roger ... and his exploits .. even his execution but no one so much as utters a word about him having any crew ... or nakama to speak of ... I mean we've encounter at least two people who claim to have met roger... Gan fall and tom... But no one mentions his crew or anyone from his crew being executed... Just wondering myself?? Anyone else got any info ... or ideas??[br]Posted on: August 26, 2006, 04:47:37 AM_________________________________________________112 views and counting and no one has any ideas ..... :( :blink

The Boff
September 08, 2006, 06:23 AM
112 views and counting and no one has any ideas ..... :( :blink

120 and the first arrives.

Gol D Rogers ship doctor:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/Kureha.jpg

Gol D Rogers Navigator? he can fix the weather so why not?:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/Dragon.jpg

Gol D Rogers something:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/crokus.jpg

its not totally impossible....

mugen
September 09, 2006, 11:17 AM
Probably his crew members are still alive and Eiichiro has yet to reveal them. Probably have a purpose in helping Luffy and his crew. Maybe go rescue them from the Buster Call Ha ha. And Dragon might've been someone to Gol D. Roger but I doubt a crew member because then the world goverment would've killed him.

Lohnt
September 10, 2006, 02:30 AM
The third one is impossible as he states he has been at the lighthouse the past 20 or w/e years so he is NOT part of his crew.

ibra87
September 10, 2006, 05:28 AM
The third one is impossible as he states he has been at the lighthouse the past 20 or w/e years so he is NOT part of his crew.

Roger died 20 years ago.

and the dragon as the navigator? Very possible. Nami can in a way or another "control" the weather, which would make it even more possible. And the doctor is kind of like Chopper, so she probably was Gold D. Roger's doctor. Also I don't think all of his crew were strong. Just like Luffy's, there are some who are weak, but still handy like Usopp.

The Boff
September 10, 2006, 05:48 AM

what? people cant lie in that world?

renrutal
September 10, 2006, 03:19 PM
As BoffenJL stated, I believe the straw hats have been meeting Gol D's crew for a very long time.

Why they are alive but Roger is not, it beats me. No one ever said anything about how the former Pirate King was captured.

If he's exactly like Ruffy, he'd prefer to die with a smile in the face before giving up their nakama.

Hermie
September 10, 2006, 03:44 PM
Crocus, the flower/lighthouse guy, stated that he was his pirate ships doctor, hence knowing enough to dope Laboon down. He also "spoke" directly to Roger ('s ghost), which makes it seems like he knew him personally, at least more than just knowing his true name..

Anti-panda
September 12, 2006, 12:03 AM
wow.. alot of food for thought .. thanx .... :amuse
It's interesting but I think, It'll be interesting to learn more about gol and his nakama/crew... We may have even encountered more of them than we realize.
Oh.. and maybe gol handed himself over in return for a pardon for his nakama.... or maybe he had expirenced all the adventures he could in this world and was ready to tackle the next. I doubt they would pardon gol's crew unless he had some heavy "HEAVY" leverage.. I mean they were going to convict/execute Tom just for building his ship... that's guilt by indirect Association.

SchmoDawg
September 12, 2006, 12:33 AM
As BoffenJL stated, I believe the straw hats have been meeting Gol D's crew for a very long time.

Why they are alive but Roger is not, it beats me. No one ever said anything about how the former Pirate King was captured.

If he's exactly like Ruffy, he'd prefer to die with a smile in the face before giving up their nakama.

Yeah I always thought that roger allowed himself to be executed so that his nakama could go free, I'm sure we'll figure it out in a few hundred chapters haha

Xenos
September 12, 2006, 11:50 AM
White beard was in rogers crew.. i dont know where i read that but i know its verified.. somehow :P

The Boff
September 12, 2006, 11:54 AM
Whire beard was in rogers crew.. i dont know where i read that but i know its verified.. somehow :P

whaaa???? i would really like to know where you read that! they fought and they tied. but same crew?
what? never heard that. if you can find where you read that please post it!

Anti-panda
September 12, 2006, 07:43 PM
White beard was in rogers crew.. i dont know where i read that but i know its verified.. somehow :P

White beard was known as the only man who could fight roger equally .. they were rivals ... like i said we've never been told that anyone was one of rogers crew... not strait out anyway it may have been implied but i never got anything on white beard... only that he's freakin huge ... strong ... and the closest man to one piece

tqm_z
September 14, 2006, 07:37 AM
what about Robin's mother - maybe she did wrote Roger's name on the Golden Belfry at Skypiea...

reason 1 - only people from Ohara ressurect and understand Phoneglyph language, after since hundred years forgotten.

reason 2 - her mother escapes from WG, Ohara incident and Roger's death just coincidenly 20 years ago. she possibly met Roger and travelling together to Raftel.

reason 3 - she has been appeared in the story just like people mentioned above... can't be another Oharian.

The Boff
September 14, 2006, 07:40 AM
hmmm... thats not impossible at all.. why didnt i think of that... good theory tgm_z!

(and welcome to the forum!)

Xenos
September 14, 2006, 07:46 AM
yeah could make sence.

DesiSkull
September 15, 2006, 02:59 AM
there is very good possibility that Nico Olvia had met with Gol D. and worked with him. cuz there is the possibility that the OnePiece itself can be related to the finding out the void in history the 100th years of missing history. cuz remember when on the golden bell Robin read what Roger had wrote there. it could all be very well connected. and cuz of all taht Nico Olvia might have met with Gol D. and breifly worked with him or stayed with him. and the reason of Gol D. executions could very well be he finding out about the missing history.

hyper_megaman
September 15, 2006, 04:45 AM
wonder who mr nico was
totally no mention of him at all

spactaa
September 15, 2006, 05:00 AM
Nico Olivia met Roger and was very impressed by the size of his one piece, so they spent some quality time together.
No kidding, I'm sure gol D roger's story must have been similar in one point with what luffy is going through right now (maybe just before he was arrested), trying to save his crew no matter what).

bax
September 16, 2006, 12:52 PM
As more and more characters are revealed, there will be a lot of speculations..
This is totally my speculation --> Taking the points from this discussion, isn't it that Roger's crew is getting really similar to Luffy's? Not to mention the relationship with their counterparts between the two crews...

Luffy = Roger (relationship is still on debate)
Chopper = Dr. Kureha (former student and mentor)
Nami = Dragon (I don't know what kind of relationship with Nami, perhaps just sailing abilities)
Franky = Tom (I count Franky as a SH, as the shipwright)
Robin = Olivia (archeologist, assuming Olivia is with Roger before)
Zoro = ???
Sanji = ???
Usopp = ???

kaguyanas
September 16, 2006, 11:49 PM
hey ya
i think shanks the red head might have known roger somehow.
i think he became interested in pirates the same way luffy did.
rogers inspired shanks n shanks did the same 4 luffy
roger-shanks
shanks-luffy
n in the beginning shanks did say that the strawhat was luck n all
i think the hat belonged to rogers
when they finally show shanks (not just a few panels) he will reveal that
n that luffy is related to roger (perhaps grandson).
also in the beginning shanks knew luffy wud become big...i doubt his was juz guessing

also i wonder why Saul the giant was also named D. its hard to imagine a connection between him n the D. family.

mrhazuki
September 19, 2006, 11:02 AM
In the Hilruk flashback Dalton speaks of when he met Vivi (bibi, bebe, whatever -it's the swedish name, don't know the official) First they spoke of Dragon being some kind of revolution man. Since Vivi was about 18 when she were with the SH and 10 at the meeting there was only 8 years since he was mentioned. If he was with Roger I think he would have been more known, and not mentioned like that. Just thinking some.

Edit: But if Kureha was a member and she hasn't been captured, that kinda breaks everything I said.

Anti-panda
September 19, 2006, 11:19 AM
I think The D. refers to some sort of ancient bloodline perhaps something having to do with the civilization that existed before the 100yr gap in history. And since that bloodline has dispersed since that gap it would make sense that both normal( if you can call them normal XD) people and giants... ect. would all have the D. initial.
And maybe just maybe nico olivia did travel with roger, It's either that or Roger himself, or one of his crew knew how to translate the poneglyphs, remember at the time the oharaans translated the poneglyphs it was already a crime so concivably someone else had already done it and been punished.

kaguyanas
September 21, 2006, 09:47 PM
i think anti-panda's rite about the ancient bloodline
but i think it may be WITHIN the missing 100 years
they cud be survivers from the country that the oharan dude mentioned
so if roger is a decendent of a surviver from the lost country who made the poneglyphs
he prolly cud read the text.
luffy never really looked at the text, he may have been near it, but never cared for it.

Olivia may also be a decent of them because her and Nico can read it with easy.
maybe they just removed D. or something

gans88
September 23, 2006, 08:30 PM
the thing I love about Oda is that he's written the exact plot and how the whole one piece story is gonna play out before ever publishing the first manga. By doing so he can fix things in early episodes of the series to relate to the later episodes in the series. That is why its so ingenious to see these relations which are most likely very true. He can set up the time frame exactly for every character so it all makes sense and so far everything I've seen in one piece makes sense in terms of the relations between characters. So having dragon and dr kurhei and olivia being part of rogers crew is actually very likely. Thats why I like one piece alot, some of the other mangas seem to be dragging on, sometimes with no real plot or the plot seems to run in circles. And like at points it seems like they just added a subplot just to continue with the manga. dragonball z is an excellent example. still loved the show but ye one peice is pretty awesome.

tqm_z
October 11, 2006, 09:09 AM
Luffy = Roger (relationship is still on debate)
Chopper = Dr. Kureha (former student and mentor)
Nami = Dragon (I don't know what kind of relationship with Nami, perhaps just sailing abilities)
Franky = Tom (I count Franky as a SH, as the shipwright)
Robin = Olivia (archeologist, assuming Olivia is with Roger before)
Zoro = ???
Sanji = ???
Usopp = ???

Zoro ==> Mihawk

Mihawk probably another Roger's nakama candidiate, he is Shicibukai
means he is an ex- pirates and also have former bounty
that means he wasn't come from government background
he also allies with Shanks, they duel not because they are enemy
while also Shanks also told him about the new D (Luffy) and he also got interested.
when Luffy got 100M bounty he didn't have any attention to hunt Luffy while he just saying... "you have got too much attention from world gov"

He is fearful not because he is a true criminal but because of his power (similar like Zoro itself) :amuse

patz
October 14, 2006, 06:12 AM
Sanji -> Zeff

Anti-panda
October 14, 2006, 09:25 AM
there is no relation between gol D roger and zeff .. zeff was captain of his own ship. he then lost his leg saving sanji and became a chef.
Plus if gol did trade his life for that of his crew I'm sure the world govt would not allow any of them to continue being pirates. (speculatively)

white silver
October 16, 2006, 08:19 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I'm pretty sure Gold Roger had a huge fleet. Right?

The Boff
October 16, 2006, 08:25 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I'm pretty sure Gold Roger had a huge fleet. Right?

what makes you say that?

white silver
October 16, 2006, 08:27 AM
what makes you say that?

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I don't know since Whitebeard has a huge fleet, why not Gold D. Roger?

The Boff
October 16, 2006, 08:30 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I don't know since Whitebeard has a huge fleet, why not Gold D. Roger?

yeah its certainly possible. but considering that when Gol D. was alive the whole piracy wasnt as popular as it is now. i mean he is the one that created the pirate era. so it could have been hard to get people to join your crew back then. but its still a smart bet on that he had a fleet. but personally im hoping for a little crew. 10-ish members, just like someone else i know :D

gans88
October 16, 2006, 08:57 AM

what makes you say that?

He says that becase it explains how zeff could be part of his crew under and could have been the leader of 1 section of his fleet. But I dunno about that.

The Boff
October 16, 2006, 09:35 AM
He says that becase it explains how zeff could be part of his crew under and could have been the leader of 1 section of his fleet. But I dunno about that.

zeff in rogers crew? there is absolutely nothing that points to that. what do you base this theory on?

white silver
October 16, 2006, 10:49 AM
zeff in rogers crew? there is absolutely nothing that points to that. what do you base this theory on?

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]*Dark Matter and Hard Luck*

bax
October 16, 2006, 11:58 AM

Hmmm... interesting. But, there was nothing pointing to that. Plus, like Boff said, it's not a piracy era that time. And when he was captured, he was alone. Don't you think that being a nakama to a great pirate, will ends up with execution too?

I have a conspiracy theory about that
Maybe Whitebeard's crew was once Roger's crew. It is weird that a pirate group has 2 division and sail different routes. And if Roger is a pirate king, he should not fall that easily unless there was an inside job that made it easy. Plus, with the this thing of Whitebeard being the closest man to One Piece, gives a hint that he is "near" because former Roger's crew knows where it is. Well, if the One Piece is at an unknown location, how does the people say that he is the nearest man to One Piece?

And possible people like Kureha or Flowerman(the lighthouse man), they were not betraying Roger, and thus don't team up with Whitebeard. Maybe it is the Will of D Kureha was talking about. And the people who said about the Will of D are almost all if not all are possible candidates for Roger's crew.

gans88
October 16, 2006, 12:10 PM
Hmmm... interesting. But, there was nothing pointing to that. Plus, like Boff said, it's not a piracy era that time. And when he was captured, he was alone. Don't you think that being a nakama to a great pirate, will ends up with execution too?

I have a conspiracy theory about that
Maybe Whitebeard's crew was once Roger's crew. It is weird that a pirate group has 2 division and sail different routes. And if Roger is a pirate king, he should not fall that easily unless there was an inside job that made it easy. Plus, with the this thing of Whitebeard being the closest man to One Piece, gives a hint that he is "near" because former Roger's crew knows where it is. Well, if the One Piece is at an unknown location, how does the people say that he is the nearest man to One Piece?

And possible people like Kureha or Flowerman(the lighthouse man), they were not betraying Roger, and thus don't team up with Whitebeard. Maybe it is the Will of D Kureha was talking about. And the people who said about the Will of D are almost all if not all are possible candidates for Roger's crew.

wow couldn't agree more. Its possible that everyone in the crew had the initials "D" to signify that they were part of the same crew. So its unlikely that they were born with it but earned it. We'll probably learn more about the "will of D" later on. And if ur theory is true then that brings the point about how could luffy be a "will of D" when he wasn't part of the crew?? this could be easily explained by the fact that he's rogers son or something. But cool theory.

The Boff
October 16, 2006, 02:33 PM
this could be easily explained by the fact that he's rogers son or something.

totally impossible. luffy is what? 17-18? Roger died 21 years ago... for how long was the mother pregnant? j/k :P

gans88
October 16, 2006, 08:43 PM
totally impossible. luffy is what? 17-18? Roger died 21 years ago... for how long was the mother pregnant? j/k :P

true. I guess rogers gonna have to be luffy's grandfather then. lol

Anti-panda
October 16, 2006, 09:16 PM
Well considering how Luffy reacts to the idea of the Pirate king Gol d. Roger (see logue town) and the reaction he had when akioji mentioned his grandfather gave him problems... well luffy has never reacted that way to anyone else ever mentioned in onepiece including Gol and whitebeard. So who knows maybe luffy's grandfather is someone in the world Govt. High up or some other infamous pirate. But i dont think its anyone that the strawhats have had anysort of encounter / vicarious encounter with yet ..

I just don't even know enough to hazard a guess at who luffys grandfather is or what kind of person could make luffy look that scared.

white silver
October 16, 2006, 10:19 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]From what I've seen, it seems that Gol D. Roger supposedly gave himself up (maybe upon discovering the truth of One Piece?)

Lohnt
October 17, 2006, 01:08 AM

I am pleased by this ;)

silentz
October 19, 2006, 12:54 AM
lol, what if this whole commotion about Lufffys "D" was just there becuz who ever named him that wanted too, you know? for no good reason or just for luck or for show or for charm, what ever u wana call it,

Anti-panda
October 19, 2006, 01:44 AM
No way Oda doesnt usually make that stuff for no reason .. The will of D. Nope I predict it has alot to do with the void century and the Forgotten race that existed and was wiped out during that time.

mangaka
October 19, 2006, 04:06 AM
hemm.this is a very interesting topic.i think the best way to predict gol d. roger crew is not base on what was said by the character but the date or timeline.as long as the timeline fits the date of gol d. roger death that is 20 (or 22 ?) years ago,oda could made any reason to make any character to be a crew of gol d. roger.
1. zoro's master - zoro is 19 years old.his master could be a crew of gol d. roger.he maybe stay at some place to teach others his sword skils after the death of gol d. roger.
2. zeff - sanji also 19 years old and zeff maybe build up a new crew after the death of gol d. roger.so zeff also could be one of the crew.
3. kureha - she live on the snowy island (forgot that place name) after the gol d. roger death.and chopper age is not more than 20 (i belive so).
4. olivia - ohara tragedy - 20 years ago.just fits the death of gol d. roger.gol d. roger signature at skypiea also a good reason to prove she was one of the nakama
5. old man at lighthouse - Laboon keep rampaging for 50 years, if i'm not mistaken. so he might be the earliest crew.if he joined the crew, that means gol d. roger journey took more than 20 or 30 years.but i do believe he is a liar. just like usopp.gol d. roger may left laboon alone and that old man came back to see laboon after gol d .roger death.
6. tom - can be considered as a nakama since he made the gol d. roge ship.

Sarmad
October 24, 2006, 05:11 PM
First off, i don't think that Olivia has ever met Gold Roger. She may be indirectly in connection with Gol D. as they both had an interest in the void century.
I will post some more, when i eventually find a button to hide spoilers. :/

white silver
October 24, 2006, 07:26 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]To start a "spoiler" button, you can just use this tag: [spoiler] [*/spoiler] [b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]<-- close it after putting your words in between!

Sarmad
October 25, 2006, 08:07 AM
*g* could've guessed it ^^

Well, anyway .... thanks Silver!

neild
November 02, 2006, 08:35 AM
gold roger nakama:
dr kureha
the guy with weird hair who sticks with laboon
dragon
saulo d
tom-the shipwright
kokoro san

Anti-panda
November 02, 2006, 04:32 PM
would there be a need for dr.. kureha and the laboon guy to be in his crew. I mean it's not unreasonable but would Gol D. need two doctors

neild
November 02, 2006, 07:47 PM
would there be a need for dr.. kureha and the laboon guy to be in his crew. I mean it's not unreasonable but would Gol D. need two doctors

okay then i pick dr kureha

mugen
November 07, 2006, 02:08 PM
Hmm. I was thinking about it and concluded that Mihawk can't be his Nakama cuz he's too young, see Mihawk is around Shanks age and if Kaizou King would be alive he'd be around Whitebeards age so he's too young.
But perhaps we'll see some of his crew eventually. Gol's I mean!

alps
November 07, 2006, 07:48 PM
gold roger nakama:
dr kureha
the guy with weird hair who sticks with laboon
dragon
saulo d
tom-the shipwright
kokoro san

Gold D. Roger was executed 20 years ago when luffy was a child(10years ago) so it is 30 years ago...
the guy with weird hair who stick with laboon is imposible to become roger nakama...because he never left from first island of grandline since 50 years ago...
dr.kureha>>>maybe...
dragon>>> idont think so...
tom+kokoro >>> tom was the person who build a ship for gold d roger but tom never said that he is gold's nakama...

jaguar D. saul >> he is a marine...and aokiji's best friend...it was 20 years ago when ohara's..... so saul is imposible....

if the spoiler 434 is true then shank and buggy is gold D. roger nakama^^

Sharingan no Kakashi
November 07, 2006, 07:53 PM
Gold D. Roger was executed 20 years ago when luffy was a child(10years ago) so it is 30 years ago...

Lol. It has been said 20 and 22 years ago on separate occasions. Luffy isnt 20 yet, so he wasn't alive when it happened.

alps
November 07, 2006, 08:12 PM
it is 13 years before luffy was born,isnt it?

Lohnt
November 08, 2006, 12:36 AM
You have your time-line confused alps.
Gol D Roger was killed 5 years before Luffy's birth, 22 years go; Luffy is 17.
Ohara was 20 years ago, after Rogers death, so Saul could have been a crewmember that turned into an admiral, but it's unlikely he doesn't seem like a pirate.
Dragon is Luffy's father, so he is old enough to have been in Rogers crew.
The laboon guy was not on his crew, he was on the island the whole time, he only met Roger when he entered the Grand Line.

neild
November 13, 2006, 07:51 PM
with new chapters coming, i revise my gold d roger nakama:
gold d roger
shanks
buggy
dragon
dr kureha
saulo
kokoro
with tom as the shipwright

white silver
November 13, 2006, 11:20 PM
with new chapters coming, i revise my gold d roger nakama:
gold d roger
dragon
dr kureha
kokoro
with tom as the shipwright

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Those people are most unlikely. First off, there are too many connections to Gold Roger. Them being independant or related in some sort of way is a lot better. Tom cannot possibly be Gold Rogers crew, for starters, he just BUILT a ship for him, had he been exploring, Franky and Iceburg would've not been shipwrights. Dragon is a revolutionary which is a lot different than being a pirate since he may be the biggest threat to the government.

neild
November 14, 2006, 02:03 AM
but we sure know shanks is

Anti-panda
November 14, 2006, 03:49 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Those people are most unlikely. First off, there are too many connections to Gold Roger. Them being independant or related in some sort of way is a lot better. Tom cannot possibly be Gold Rogers crew, for starters, he just BUILT a ship for him, had he been exploring, Franky and Iceburg would've not been shipwrights. Dragon is a revolutionary which is a lot different than being a pirate since he may be the biggest threat to the government.

It would make sense for dragon to be a former pirate. If the ponglyphs speak of the void century and the people who the world govt don't even want the name mentioned. If he found out something about the current govt so henious and crazy that he decided to dedicate himself to it's downfall. Then I say it's highly likely that he was a pirate at some point.
Plus Look at logue town, Dragon was pleased when he learned luffy was a pirate ... I don't know if that means he's happy he isn't a marine or he's pleased luffy choose to be a pirate.

The Boff
November 14, 2006, 05:42 PM
Plus Look at logue town, Dragon was pleased when he learned luffy was a pirate ... I don't know if that means he's happy he isn't a marine or he's pleased luffy choose to be a pirate.

i know this is off topic but i have to. Dragon is a revolutionary against the WG. marines are a part of WG. pirates fight marines. so they are against WG. so the reason why he is pleased must be because in his opinion Luffy is on the right side. against the WG :XD

neild
November 14, 2006, 05:44 PM
arghh..why some people agree and disagree whether dragon was in the crew or not.the chance is bigger for dragon to be in that crew.coz he is talking about new era of pirates of something.he must be passing the will of D, which is roger's

mugen
November 14, 2006, 06:24 PM
what Dragon part of his crew I doubt that's too different or he could be cuz he does want to destriy the WG and maybe saw the true history when he was with Gol if he was part of the crew of the Pirate King

neild
November 15, 2006, 05:51 PM
i dont understand what you're saying.can you rephrase your sentence please?

mugen
November 15, 2006, 05:56 PM
okay maybe Dragon was a part of Gol's crew He saw the true history if that is Gol took the last stone tablet to Raftel that's maybe why he wants too overthrow the WG.that's what i meant to say

neild
November 15, 2006, 06:01 PM
and the relevance of what you were saying to this topic?

mugen
November 15, 2006, 06:04 PM
dragon was a part of Gol's crew
bakaa

white silver
November 15, 2006, 09:53 PM
dragon was a part of Gol's crew
bakaa

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Aren't you assuming too much?

weixiaobao
November 15, 2006, 10:11 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Aren't you assuming too much?

This is just prediction guys :blink!!! I want to be Mugen's lawyer. lol :amuse

bakaa

Dragon could be a member of Gold Roger's group but it seem unlikely since Garp and Dragon (look like) they got along. So I just can't imagined Garp chasing Dragon around like Smoker chasing Luffy.

And Maybe Garp dun like the world gov also, that why he had not yet informed them about Dragon until recently.

Anti-panda
November 15, 2006, 11:30 PM
i've given alot of thought to Dragon ... his apperance in logue town and The Will of D. in general ... I've reviewed the manga chapters and the anime. and as little as we know about dragon in the anime we know less about him in the anime. In the manga it's not even clear if the wind is because of dragon because it is spoken of by nami before he does anything ... And in my opinion A will that even accepts death as a result when in pursuit of your Dreams. A will That doesn't fear death, A will that accepts reality and what is ... is. That is the will of D. A willingness to do anything for the sake of your dreams and for the dreams of those precious to you. It could be that simple, and yet that isn't simple at all.

mugen
November 16, 2006, 12:00 AM
This is just prediction guys :blink!!! I want to be Mugen's lawyer. lol :amuse

is it free thanks for backing me up :guns
It would be kind of funny though cuz then Garp would have 3 of his family who are pirates

weixiaobao
November 16, 2006, 05:01 PM
is it free thanks for backing me up :guns
It would be kind of funny though cuz then Garp would have 3 of his family who are pirates

Ah, "ahhhh, Mugen killed me!"
That would be fun for Garp to chase his family members around. But still Dragon is an unlikely Roger's crew member.

neild
November 16, 2006, 06:06 PM
does any of you guys play one piece trading card game?dragon was so powerful in that game.my point is dragon must be at the same age at gold roger, most likely equal in strength.they may not be in the same crew, but rivals back then

mugen
November 16, 2006, 06:09 PM
nah I think he's more like Shanks age cuz his dad Garp is actually Gol's age, he was in Gol's prime

weixiaobao
November 16, 2006, 06:14 PM
I think Garp and White Beard is older than GRoger.
maybe not by much though.

neild
November 16, 2006, 06:33 PM
if gold d roger is the same age as garp, then the possibility of dragon in gold's crew will be lesser

bax
November 17, 2006, 11:36 AM
if gold d roger is the same age as garp, then the possibility of dragon in gold's crew will be lesser

Not quite actually. Yeah I know there is big difference in age, but Robin and Luffy's age have a big difference too, although not too big.

neild
November 17, 2006, 11:46 PM
how old is luffy and robin?and maybe the rest of the crew as well

weixiaobao
November 18, 2006, 12:10 AM
luffy- about 17 same with Usop
Zoro- about 19 same with Sanji I think
Robin- about 22
Chopper about 15
Nami- about 18
Don't trust my guess better wikipedia it.

Two wrong
Robin- 28
Franky- 34

neild
November 18, 2006, 04:42 AM
can reindeer live 15 years?....luffy is so young...i expect him to be a pirate king in 10 years time.experience is needed.robin looks that old.zoro's face is too old for that age.sanji's dress is too old for his age

Freakzin
November 18, 2006, 06:30 PM
it is his style he is on fashion trends

weixiaobao
November 18, 2006, 08:30 PM
can reindeer live 15 years?....luffy is so young...i expect him to be a pirate king in 10 years time.experience is needed.robin looks that old.zoro's face is too old for that age.sanji's dress is too old for his age

I thought of the opposite Luffy, Zoro, Sanji should be younger same with chopper and usop and nami and Robin
-Franky should be older but when i though of it again then I feel it not very fun to have an old guy in a ship full of youngster.

Getting off topic
_____
and ok, wait, White Beard was a rival pirate crew not a member of GRoger pirate? And also the Giant pirate are much older and more famous than Gold Roger??? plus maybe one of the admiral was a former member on Gold Roger's ship?

alps
November 19, 2006, 09:54 AM
now there are 3 admirals
bluepeashant,red dog and yellow monkey...
when ohara flashback these 3 was vice admiral...
i dont think one of them are gol crew...
i think shanks is only the one roger's former crew that being famous pirates now days..

mugen
November 19, 2006, 10:03 AM
now there are 3 admirals
bluepeashant,red dog and yellow monkey...
when ohara flashback these 3 was vice admiral...

actaully only two of those were in Orahara yellow monkey has yet to make an apereance in the series

Sorata
November 19, 2006, 06:28 PM
Blue Peashant is Aokiji
Yellow Monkey is Garp(Luffy´s Grandfather)
And i think that Red Dog is Tsuru(because of the first page of chapter 432).

Sarmad
November 19, 2006, 06:45 PM
Blue Peashant is Aokiji
Yellow Monkey is Garp(Luffy´s Grandfather)
And i think that Red Dog is Tsuru(because of the first page of chapter 432).

Aokiji is correct :)
I doubt that garp is yellow monkey and that tsuru is red dog.

Sorata
November 19, 2006, 06:48 PM
It´s true Tsuru is old but it´s proven in One Piece that the strong ones aren´t only the goodlooking, and you are right Garp is the Red Dog, i misunderstand because of his name(Monkey D. Garp).

alps
November 19, 2006, 08:15 PM
It´s true Tsuru is old but it´s proven in One Piece that the strong ones aren´t only the goodlooking, and you are right Garp is the Red Dog, i misunderstand because of his name(Monkey D. Garp).

i think you are wrong about garp being red dog..since there is not even a proff bout that...
and i dont think garp is a coldhearted man...red dog justice is "justice without mercy""
in robin flash back red dog destroying the villager ship..because he think maybe there are some archeolog who hide in the ship...
you know garp is a kindheart person... i dont think he is being red dog...
and anyone remember the name of that 3 admiral?
aokiji is kuzan
forgot about those two...

about roger's crew. i think oda wouldn't reveval anymore about roger crew...

sorry off topic

mugen
November 19, 2006, 08:29 PM
what the ****
Garp is vice admiral not Admiral
Anyway's if he were yellow monkey would've somebody said it :darn

white silver
November 19, 2006, 10:00 PM
what the ****

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]There you go!!

Anti-panda
November 19, 2006, 10:11 PM
what the ****

Justice through laziness... akoji
Justice without mercy... Red Dog
Justice through ??? ... yellow monkey ...
but since it's taking soo long to introduce his character I have no trouble believing yelllow monkey might be the strongest of the three Admirals. and Possibly a good balance between akoji and red dog.

white silver
November 19, 2006, 10:49 PM
but since it's taking soo long to introduce his character I have no trouble believing yelllow monkey might be the strongest of the three Admirals.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]It's already stated that Aokiji is the best fighter of the Marines. As for Yellow Monkey, it's a probable good matchup between him and Luffy. MONKEY FIGHTS!

Sarmad
November 20, 2006, 07:18 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]It's already stated that Aokiji is the best fighter of the Marines. As for Yellow Monkey, it's a probable good matchup between him and Luffy. MONKEY FIGHTS!

Yellow Monkey could be a yellow Sea Monkey :yelling

The Boff
November 20, 2006, 10:29 AM
and you guys have gone way off topic. if you want to discuss all the marines do that here:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=11085.0

BunyaminRoy
November 21, 2006, 12:29 AM
yeah.. relevant theory by tgm_z.. and for sure whitebeard is not a Roger's crew..

Olivia, mysterious mum that leave Robin to seek the lost history.. maybe she.. haha.. who know.. :amuse

weixiaobao
November 21, 2006, 10:13 AM
I believe WB is not part of GR's crew. They more like rival pirate with different crew. Olvia probably not but maybe in GR's crew (unlikely since she still didn't know anything about the lost history, searching for it) (the professor at her island only form a guess but he still didn't know the truth either) I believe Gold Roger maybe his crew know about the lost history therefore Olvia can't be a member.

Sorata
November 21, 2006, 04:36 PM
I think that no Archeologist from Ohara(including Olvia) was from Roger´s crew because Roger himself knows how to read the poneglyphs(we can see that in Skypea arc), and since he and his crew were the only ones who reached the last island of grand line(where the last poneglyph is stored), only Roger himself knowed the true story of the world.
I think that to the government there wasn´t such a dangerous pirate as Roger - the strongest man in the world, the guy with more money in the world, the most famous in the world, knows how to read poneglyphs and knows the true story of the world and on top of that he achived all of this as a pirate.

xr3b0rn5inx
February 04, 2007, 07:12 AM
We onli know that Shanks and Buggy *however u spell his name* was once on the ship of Gold.D.Roger.But i think the pass Roger's crew must have been a heck of a crew...So strong that maybe every single one of them has eaten a DF??

OP_overlord
February 04, 2007, 12:59 PM
you dont have to have eaten a Df to be strong zoro and sanji and all the merman garp, shank, WB,mihawk ... but his crew was devious or just he was and it didnt matter that his crew was weak lol that would be funny it was all him on a little boat(like mihawk) that floated ahead of his main ship and he took out everone and let his weak crew float by like nothin happened

Absolutio
February 04, 2007, 05:14 PM
We can see glimpses of Gol D. Roger's crew when Buggy tells how he got the DF powers.. (How he first faked himself eating it infront of the crew, so he can sell the true fruit for 100 million beli).

mugen
February 04, 2007, 09:22 PM
so ..
i want to know are they dead or alive?
and was hawkeyes once a nakama of Gol's?

Anti-panda
February 04, 2007, 10:14 PM
so ..
i want to know are they dead or alive?
and was hawkeyes once a nakama of Gol's?

Nope if he and shanks had fights that White Beard remembers seeing. That would mean since shanks was in gol's crew, Hawkeyes must've been in Whitebeards crew.

mugen
February 04, 2007, 10:21 PM
not really cuz whitebeard said i remember the days of dueling you and hawkeyes ot shanks..

OP_overlord
February 04, 2007, 10:26 PM
they could have been on the same crew and just dueled and not fought to the death

mugen
February 04, 2007, 10:28 PM
well if they were in the same crew then yes..
hakweyes must have been with gol d. roger as well

OP_overlord
February 04, 2007, 10:32 PM
yup but dont know we have only seen one crew thus far with more then one person for a role ni teh crew (two swordsman, three doctors) and that was foxys crew

mugen
February 04, 2007, 10:34 PM
but shanks was just a trainee back then..
so he was not really part of the main force :noworry

OP_overlord
February 04, 2007, 10:36 PM
true but he was prob strong just if he was fighting the wolrds best swordsman

mugen
February 04, 2007, 10:38 PM
hawkeyes was young back then as well...
so he must have been a trainee as well...
i mean buggy was with them and is he strong?

OP_overlord
February 04, 2007, 10:42 PM
buggy
he is not strong now he is just a joke but yeah both mihawk and shanks where young

mugen
February 04, 2007, 10:49 PM
yeah that would be cool though...
but what i want to know is did Shanks and Buggy join after Gol hid One Piece or was Shanks with him before?

OP_overlord
February 04, 2007, 10:52 PM
yeah cause it would make sence why shanks hasnt found OP yet cause he wasnt on teh crew at that time

mugen
February 04, 2007, 10:55 PM
hhm..
i just thought Gol must have been like Luffy as well in that he does not kill his opponents cuz Garp and Whitebeard fought with him more than once.

OP_overlord
February 04, 2007, 11:06 PM
yeah true but one man cant besome king of teh pirates all by himself and since shanks plays a big part now im will to bet that he was strong enought to be on roger crew and be of some help to him

mugen
February 04, 2007, 11:12 PM
yeah he was of help but i wonder why is it Buggy is so weak?
did he not learn nothing from the king?

JC123
February 05, 2007, 12:10 AM
Looks like Buggy goofs off too much to be taken seriously. He's SCARED of the grand line for one thing.

And I doubt Mihawk was part of Gol's crew. He seems too much of a loner character to really get along with some of the crews. I figure he's one of the first to branch out and find his own destiny.

endometrium
February 11, 2007, 05:54 AM
It's now clear that both Shanks and Buggy were once part of Gol D. Roger's crew. Idk if they advanced from being a trainee or not.

I watched the anime episode of Buggy's flashback (too lazy to read the manga as I can't recall what chapter it was) and what I find weird is that the crew seemed to have little knowledge about devil fruits. When Buggy ate the fruit and nothing happened they just laughed it off. Does anyone have explanations for this? I mean, they are part of Gol's crew so they should at least know about DFs.

How about Zoro's teacher (Kuina's father), could he have been part of Gol D. Roger's crew? It seems he is a very powerful swordsman himself (I've got no proof though) but prefers to avoid fights.

Anti-panda
February 11, 2007, 03:05 PM
I don't know about buggy.
If you compare him to all the legendary figures around him, like Gol, shanks, and mihawk. He's weak.
But if you compare him to other pirates .. especially your average pirate he's definitly above average.
But compared to any of the mugiwara's he's nothing. Basically it explains why he was in east blue. The weakest of all the oceans. He's a big fish in a small pond but a tiny fish in a big pond.

mugen
February 11, 2007, 03:10 PM
yeah but he's Oda favorite villain and is still in the story which makes you wonder if he will have a major role?

OP_overlord
February 14, 2007, 10:36 PM
yeah anti panda buggy was nothin big now but seemed huge when luffy and zoro where fighting him

have we seen another pirates from the other seas or gol's crew only like ten people that we know/ can guess at ever met the man

isnt black bread Oda's favorite pirate/ villian not buggy he is still in the story to show how much luffy has grown and comic reasons

and with every new addition to the crew luffys becomes more like shanks which prob resembled roger they know how to make a strong crew

Anti-panda
February 15, 2007, 02:30 PM
yeah anti panda buggy was nothin big now but seemed huge when luffy and zoro where fighting him

have we seen another pirates from the other seas or gol's crew only like ten people that we know/ can guess at ever met the man

isnt black bread Oda's favorite pirate/ villian not buggy he is still in the story to show how much luffy has grown and comic reasons

and with every new addition to the crew luffys becomes more like shanks which prob resembled roger they know how to make a strong crew

Black Beard -- is Oda's favorite Real life pirate. Historically! But within the OP universe Buggy is Oda's favorite villian. Flashily!

OP_overlord
February 15, 2007, 09:12 PM
how do you know that SBS

Anti-panda
February 16, 2007, 03:05 AM
He said it in one of his fan Q + A sessions. I can't even begin to tell you where i found it ... well i could but eh,.... i'm lazy.

mugen
February 16, 2007, 10:58 AM
you're right Buggy is..
anyways there must be some role Buggy will have for him to still be around :noworry
anyways it just might be for his reunion with Shanks :noworry

OP_overlord
February 18, 2007, 07:49 PM
yeah
shanks could become the new WB when he dies he could have divisions with Wb old ones and Buggy all leading there own

1e2e3
March 28, 2008, 12:43 PM
I cant help myself comparing Buggy with Usopp...

The thing is that even Usopp now is strongest than Buggy.

Then again, Buggy can act like weak to keep a promise, protecting something. God, that would not explain why he was so mean to the people in that island in East Blue...

In fact, I can't figure out what hell Buggy is doing!! :P

Razh
March 29, 2008, 03:14 PM
Buggy isn't weak. Oda always made him lose through a series of unfortunate events :)

But still, he sails through Grand Line like it's nothing. Someone who is from Roger's crew and has been a pirate for more than 20 years.
I would like to see Buggy fighting for real once. Well, I would like to see him in whatever way. We miss him :)

Freakzin
March 29, 2008, 05:18 PM
on the next movie , Movie10, appears a guy called Gold Lion. or should it be Gol D. Lion, this story is written by Oda, first movie to be like that, it could well be canon.
This guy Gold Lion, had disappeared for 20 years, ?? isn't that when Roger died? could he be his brother? or his son?

lordHokage
April 02, 2008, 08:19 AM
I think each Nakama of Monkey D. Luffy is connected to Gol D. Rogers Nakama in some way. :D

Razh
April 02, 2008, 09:06 AM
I think each Nakama of Monkey D. Luffy is connected to Gol D. Rogers Nakama in some way. :D

That would be crap.

For now, maybe only Franky, since his father was a pirate, who left him to Tom's care. And Tom built Roger's ship. Probably not the first one too.

lordHokage
April 02, 2008, 10:18 AM
That would be crap.

For now, maybe only Franky, since his father was a pirate, who left him to Tom's care. And Tom built Roger's ship. Probably not the first one too.

No, that would be interesting. All of Straw Hats Nakama's parents/guardians and their background are unknown. :blink

Razh
April 02, 2008, 10:58 AM
No, that would be interesting. All of Straw Hats Nakama's parents/guardians and their background are unknown. :blink

It wouldn't be interesting. It would ruin everything. It would be Final Fantasy 8 all over again :p

IgnorantSage
June 07, 2008, 01:54 AM
There hasn't been a lot of talk about Rayleigh in this thread yet so let me start it off.

What are your opinions of Rayleigh? Is he as strong as Shakky(sp?) said he is? Will he help the Strawhats in any way? What does he know about the One Piece?

This might sound extremely crazy but I have a strange suspicion about the 'Dark King' Silvers Rayleigh. I don't think he is one of the 'good' guys. It's possible that he could have something to do with the capture of Gol D. Roger. Ok, that last sentence also made me wonder who actually captured Gol D. Roger or if he turned himself in. Could Garp be Roger's captor or somebody else?

Hmm... I've got a lot of questions but I can't organize them yet, I'll read your opinions first and add my own thoughts later.

Sarmad
June 07, 2008, 07:30 AM
How about Gol D. Roger never being captured by anyone?

I don't know why but i always thought and still think that Roger turned himself in. Maybe in order to create the era of the pirates or perhaps for another reason.

But nobody could've actually catch or even fight at the same level as Roger, in order to lock him up!

Razh
June 07, 2008, 07:47 AM
Maybe he turned himself in order to save someone else.

Just think of it like a situation in which WB turns himself in so that Ace can be free.
Maybe that's what WG is counting on. Especially if it already happened once.

I mean, there had to be reason why Gol Turned himself, or allowed himself to be captured. Even if he was overpowered, why didn't he escape, or why didn't his crew or other pirates try to help him. It's almost like there was no alternative.

Goji
June 07, 2008, 09:28 AM
Just like Sarmad and Razh said, I also believe in such a theory concerning Roger's capture. There has to be a reason; I think the WG must have threatened him with something very serious. In the end he must have had no other choice than his execution...

Speculation: maybe it had something to do with his family, friends, wife even? Do you guys think Gol D Roger was married? Or are all great men too 'wild' to have a wife and get settled? xD
The wife of the Pirate King, lol, sounds funny! ^^

Anyways, there could be a lot of reasons for his capture/turning himself in, but I'm pretty sure it was because he had no other choice and not because he was overpowered by someone else.

Concerning Rayleigh: I do hope he's a good guy, he could really be helpful to the SH when it comes to answering some questions (like IgnorantSage said). I would love to hear Nami ask him if One Piece really is the biggest treasure you can imagine and see her eyes turn all belli-like. :p

knivez
June 08, 2008, 04:30 AM
I think roger turned himself in to save a nakama and also because his adventure was at an end. He made a bet on the new era and guaranteed the safety of all his by turning himself in.

LoS
June 08, 2008, 05:08 AM
Concerning Rayleigh: I do hope he's a good guy, he could really be helpful to the SH when it comes to answering some questions (like IgnorantSage said).

Why on earth would you want that? It would completely ruin the story. It would take out nearly all the mystery in the OP world, the fact is the old man knows wayyyyyy too much. He is basically Oda's own cameo in the manga, the answer to all of our questions.

His air time will be brief, he may reveal one or two things, and maybe hint at some others, but Luffy would rather find out the answers on his own.

IgnorantSage
June 08, 2008, 06:24 AM
I myself would not want Rayleigh to spoil important facts about Raftel. Rayleigh might opt not to give advice to Luffy, rather he would probably want to see how Luffy will get there.

My concern is the possible role that Rayleigh will play:

1. Become simply another 'normal' character after giving some advice and would be of no further interest after the arc is over, becoming somewhat like Zeff or Kureha. (I think this scenario would waste this cool character).

2. Fight the admiral/vice-admiral or whoever gets sent by the WG to deal with the Strawhats and end up getting caught or dead.

3. Become one of the antagonists for this arc and a few more arcs, revealing that he isn't as good a guy as everyone thinks he is. (This is highly unlikely).

I can't think of any other possibilities right now, but these are the ones that popped up while I was thinking. Which of these possibilities do you think will happen, or what other role will he play that I failed to mention?

LoS
June 08, 2008, 07:11 AM
Rayleigh could only play 2 possible roles IMO, those would obviously be to coat the ship, and/or hold off Garp or whoever is after the Straw Hats.

He is a vessel of vast amounts of information that we can not have be untapped, or else it would quite frankly ruin this story.

Even if he were to face off against Garp or and Admiral it would basically be him just flexing his muscles a bit. The man is bored and depressed he needs something exciting in his life, and what better than Luffy's charismatic personality and a few fights?

Goji
June 08, 2008, 07:33 AM
Why on earth would you want that? It would completely ruin the story. It would take out nearly all the mystery in the OP world, the fact is the old man knows wayyyyyy too much. He is basically Oda's own cameo in the manga, the answer to all of our questions.

His air time will be brief, he may reveal one or two things, and maybe hint at some others, but Luffy would rather find out the answers on his own.

I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I also don't want to hear major spoilers from him. It would definitely ruin the story like you said. What I mean is that he is just the right person to help the strawhat-gang along a bit. He can give some more info about the new world, how things go there and such things, more like Lola did on Thriller Bark. She gave them a bit more info about the 'vivre-card' which Luffy got from Ace. But I definitely don't want major spoilers like what is One Piece, or where is the location of Raftel, or what was the color of Roger's undies, etc... ^^;

You're right about the two roles Rayleigh could/probably will play, i.e. coating and helping out with fighting the big guys. Well, that are the most logical roles anyway. :amuse

kazuma_uzumaki
June 15, 2008, 11:34 PM
i mentioned this in a nother thread but something about gold.

How does someone mess up GOLD and GOL.D

I mean in english this makes sense but remember, this is a japanese manga.

In japanese, Im guessing Gold in katakana would be spelled ゴルド(GORUDO)

If in japanese you were to say Gol. D it would be ゴル. ディ (Goru Di)

I wonder if in the original jap ver. they just spelled it in english or in japanese, because it makes no sense in jap

bittman
June 15, 2008, 11:39 PM
It's not so much a mess up as a play on the word. The pirate king, who had the one piece, being known as Gold Rogers seems more befitting than Gol D.

Also, his second-mate was Silvers. I wouldn't actually be that surprised if Rayleigh called Gol Gold as a nickname.

sharingan_kakashi
June 16, 2008, 12:14 PM
actually its Silver S. Rayleigh.

Akainu
June 16, 2008, 12:38 PM
i mentioned this in a nother thread but something about gold.

How does someone mess up GOLD and GOL.D

I mean in english this makes sense but remember, this is a japanese manga.

In japanese, Im guessing Gold in katakana would be spelled ゴルド(GORUDO)

If in japanese you were to say Gol. D it would be ゴル. ディ (Goru Di)

I wonder if in the original jap ver. they just spelled it in english or in japanese, because it makes no sense in jap

D in one piece in this particular sense was always written "D"
in kana: ゴル D. ロジャー in romanji: Goru D. Rojā (opwiki)

it is up to now not clarified why everyone calls him "Gold" Roger. But apart from Oda hiding it until Drumisland Arc for the sake of not spoiling us or something, it migt just be the lazy tongue of the people in OP.
[hr]

actually its Silver S. Rayleigh.
actually its not: シルバーズ・レイリー
Shirubaazu Reirii
there is no US style middlenameshortage as in Hagwar D. Saul or John F. Kennedy

DutchPhoenix
June 16, 2008, 05:25 PM
gold and silver? lol ^^

Imitorar
June 16, 2008, 11:12 PM
Yes, as Akainu pointed out, nobody was confusing Gol D. and Gold. It's just that, well Gold Roger sounds like a really cool name for a pirate, so Roger basically noticed that his name could sound incredibly awesome with a bit of tweaking and tweaked it. And then this nickname he went by became so cemented in the popular mind once he got famous that almost nobody even knew that his name was actually Gol D. Roger. I think that's the simplest explanation.

As to Rayleigh coming up with the play on Roger's name, I could see it happening, though I'm not sure if Oda will tell us either way. I guess it depends on how long Rayleigh knew Roger, e.g. if he knew Roger perhaps from a bit before Roger became a pirate. And yeah, the Gold/Silver thing is a clever joke on Oda's part. Gold being the more precious metal, it's part of the epithet of the Pirate King. And silver being a precious metal, but not as precious as gold, it's part of the epithet of the first-mate of the Pirate King. (I'm think most people had already gotten that joke, but in case anyone didn't, I just wanted to explain it.)

goldb
June 17, 2008, 06:29 PM
Yes, as Akainu pointed out, nobody was confusing Gol D. and Gold. It's just that, well Gold Roger sounds like a really cool name for a pirate, so Roger basically noticed that his name could sound incredibly awesome with a bit of tweaking and tweaked it. And then this nickname he went by became so cemented in the popular mind once he got famous that almost nobody even knew that his name was actually Gol D. Roger. I think that's the simplest explanation....

yeah, i'm with you on this one about roger's name...

another thing i'm wonderin and i dunno if anyone's mentioned it in this thread but shakky said garp chased about 40 years ago, so how old is this woman? how long has garp been a marine for? and you know what, i was thinking she could have been a part of roger's pirate gang, but i think she was before his time or something, because roger died bout 20 years ago and he didn't exactly look old so i dunno, jus trynna get something going...

and about garp, i can't seem to shake the idea that he was a higher ranked officer like an admiral and was demoted because of something, because he is freakishly strong...it's either that or there's a reason why he hasn't made admiral yet...

LoS
June 17, 2008, 07:24 PM
there's a reason why he hasn't made admiral yet...

Maybe he just doesnt want to be one. Plus with his random/jovial attitude would he make the best Admiral.

Razh
June 19, 2008, 04:20 PM
another thing i'm wonderin and i dunno if anyone's mentioned it in this thread but shakky said garp chased about 40 years ago, so how old is this woman? how long has garp been a marine for? and you know what, i was thinking she could have been a part of roger's pirate gang, but i think she was before his time or something, because roger died bout 20 years ago and he didn't exactly look old so i dunno, jus trynna get something going...

She probably carries her age better than most gals. Just compare her with Shanks.
He doesn't look too old either. And he should be around 40 at least. They could be of the same, or of aproximately the same age.

Imitorar
June 19, 2008, 04:44 PM
Shanks is 37. Shakky can't be around Shanks' age, she quit pirating before he was even born. You know, I think people are making a mistake here when they assume that when Shakky said that Garp chased her, she meant the relatively high-ranking Garp we know. Assuming Shakky is very well-preserved and is in her mid 70's, and Garp is in his mid-60's, then about 50 years ago, Garp would have been a young Navy recruit, and Shakky would have been a pirate in her 20's. Garp WAS chasing her, just not as the head of the crew, he was just a regular Marine. Then, about 10 years later, Garp was in his 20's, and had by then become in charge of his own crew, and Shakky was in her 30's, still a pirate, and Garp still chased her occasionally. Then she quit, and Garp went on to become a vice-admiral. My point: people are making way too big a deal of Shakky's age. Garp chased her as a teenager and a man in his early 20's, and now it's been 40 years and he's in his 60's, and Shakky's in her 70's. I think that explains everything fine.

As to expectations that Shakky was in Roger's crew, I flatly refuse to believe it. For one thing, she said she quit pirating about 40 years ago. Roger died 22 years ago, and was probably pirating for 3 or 4 years before that, so he started out around 25 years ago. Shakky was retired then. Also, I'm against every singe knowledgable character in One Piece having to be part of Roger's crew. Maybe she just met him when he passed the Sabaody Archipelago? Or maybe she never even met him in person? I find that last bit unlikely, but I thinkt he most reasonable explanation is that Shakky may have met with Roger when he went to Fishman Island, but that's it. Her days as a pirate are too far back for her to have been in Roger's crew. They are part of different eras of piracy.

goldb
June 19, 2008, 06:09 PM
thank you imitorar, very useful posts and i think that sorta covers anything i had to add to that...

bittman
June 19, 2008, 10:29 PM
Actually, didn't Roger die 22 years ago at the start of OP? Meaning like...25 years now? Not that that changes anything in your argument.

The only point I would contest is your assumption that Roger took 3-4 years to do the Grand Line. Though it would be comparable to Luffy's extraordinary rise, I expect Luffy to be seen as above the original Pirate King and so I wouldn't be surprised if it was Luffy who was the blast through the Grand Line and Roger actually took his time to see some sights, fight some marines, etc. I would put Roger's journey at the 5-10 year category which then might just squeeze Shakkie into the crew since 40 years is probably an estimation.

Nothing to say Shakkie was in her 20s as a pirate either, she could have been similiar to Robin and being chased by marines from a very young age.

goldb
June 20, 2008, 03:52 AM
@bittman: i think only a couple of months have gone by since the start of one piece...so technically it's still 22 years(if that's how long ago roger died)

Raysen_ht
June 20, 2008, 02:51 PM
@bittman: i think only a couple of months have gone by since the start of one piece...so technically it's still 22 years(if that's how long ago roger died)

I think it has been at least 2 years... i mean, the GL cant be so ease, if it was, people wouldnt be so scared of it. I think that we dont see every island the SH visit, just the important ones, and also the panels where they apeear to be traveling (see right after TB for example) could be taking months!!
Oda really should say how long the journey has taken so far...

The only point I would contest is your assumption that Roger took 3-4 years to do the Grand Line. Though it would be comparable to Luffy's extraordinary rise, I expect Luffy to be seen as above the original Pirate King and so I wouldn't be surprised if it was Luffy who was the blast through the Grand Line and Roger actually took his time to see some sights, fight some marines, etc. I would put Roger's journey at the 5-10 year category

I totally agree with that. Roger must have been at see for at least 5-10 years, probably more. I expect the second half of the GL to be much more dificult than the 1st, otherwise the Younko (dont know how to spell it) would have finished it already

Her days as a pirate are too far back for her to have been in Roger's crew. They are part of different eras of piracy.

I think it was the other way around... IMO Roger was part of Shakki´s crew

The ones in Roger crew

Comfirmed:
1) Reylegh
2) Shanks
3) Buggy

Possibles:
1) Franki´s father
2) Dragon (unlikely)
3) Nico Olivia
4) That old man who live with Laboon
5) Dr. Kuhera
6) Another one of the Emperors
7) The 7th Shishibukai

Akainu
June 20, 2008, 03:21 PM
it was definately under one year, as the minimum speculation goes on about 2-3 months.
that's the special thing about Luffy and his crew, that they were rising up that fast. sure there is some time inbetween the islands, but we would have to assume that there is a whole lot of unshown adventures to get up to 2 years (not to mention the totally diffrent geography), but all that doesn't belong here.
btw.: I could agree with you about Gol's journey taking 3-5 years though ^^

About Shaky I'd really like to know what her reason was to quit piracy. normal way would be retiring because of age or illness, but she seems rather good in shape so was it love? a child? she's a weird character up to now but I think we might see more of her someday.

It would also be interesting how Gol related to his crew. WB treats everyone on his ship as his son, though he has a really big crew. shanks on the other hand is, like Roger has been, too young to be a parental figure and fills more position of a friend (like Luffy imo).
But then again Gol's crew was bigger then Luffy's is with cabin boys (shanks and buggy) and so on.

Raysen_ht
June 20, 2008, 04:04 PM
So what u mean is that Half of the grand line is just
The welcome island--> Litle garden--> Drum-->Alabasta--> Jaya --> Sky island (if u dont consider that as Jaya)-->Long Island--> Water Seven--> Ennies Lobby--> (since TB isnt an island) Red Line
8 Islands (not considering sky) is half of the world!! i dont think thats right, the WG has more than 170 countries (wicth can have several islands as seen in Alabasta) affiliated to it (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/398/11/) althought not all of them are on GL, i expect at least 40, and thats just the ones who are with the WG...

My point is the GL cant be so small

I just realised that this has nothing to do with the thread so...here is some on topic stuff

I had said this:
The ones in Roger crew

Comfirmed:
1) Reylegh
2) Shanks
3) Buggy

Possibles:
1) Franki´s father
2) Dragon (unlikely)
3) Nico Olivia
4) That old man who live with Laboon
5) Dr. Kuhera
6) Another one of the Emperors
7) The 7th Shishibukai

But i just realised that n° 4 cant be, because he was there when Brooks crew came to GL and that was long before Gold´s time

Akainu
June 20, 2008, 04:49 PM
GL like you counted it isn't half of the world! you totally forgot to count the 4 blues and except of that, there are 7 diffrent magnetic lines on GL at the beginning which narrow down to 5 at redline and after that its again 5 further narrowing down to 1 which leads to raftel. and then you still haven't visited all islands because there are things like the skyislands (which is more than skypia, but afaik they don't belong to WG)

as for your listed possibilities, all just imo:
1)Franki´s father: unlikely because it doesn't fit the crews mentality
2)Dragon (unlikely): agree.
3)Nico Olivia:unlikely because she travelled with archeologists who were all anihilated afaik
4)That old man who live with Laboon: you excluded him yourself, but there's no doubt he knew Gol
5)Dr. Kuhera: might be but she is soooooooooooooooo old that its unlikely again
6)Another one of the Emperors: unlikely as there is already 1 with shanks
7)The 7th Shishibukai: as any of the shichis might be as we don't know their origins (jinbei, flamingo, kuma)

Raysen_ht
June 20, 2008, 05:18 PM
What i meant is that it is half of hte world to travel by ship...
i mean take earth, if u compare the SH journey to something in the real world it wold be like traveling half way acroos the equador, in a sail ship (not even a motorized one) i might add. Unless the world has a really small radius, i dont think the SH could sail half way trough it in just 2-3 months..

1)Franki´s father: unlikely because it doesn't fit the crews mentality
2)Dragon (unlikely): agree.
3)Nico Olivia:unlikely because she travelled with archeologists who were all anihilated afaik
4)That old man who live with Laboon: you excluded him yourself, but there's no doubt he knew Gol
5)Dr. Kuhera: might be but she is soooooooooooooooo old that its unlikely again
6)Another of the emperors: unlikely as there is already 1 with shanks
7)The 7th Shishibukai: as any of the shichis might be as we don't know their origins (jinbei, flamingo, kuma)

1) Franki´s father: i think its a real possibility
3) Nico olivia agreed
5) Dr kuhera agreed
6) Anothe of the emperors: i dont think Shanks beeing one means there cant be another one... i mean Rogers crew was really powerfull (just look at reylegh)
7) The 7th Shishibukai as any of the shichis might be as we don't know their origins (jinbei, flamingo, kuma): agreed

kkck
June 20, 2008, 05:38 PM
The grans line is huge, we symply dont see how much time the strawhats spend travelling from one island to another. For all we know there is a several month gap between each major arc.

Raysen_ht
June 20, 2008, 08:46 PM
Thats exactly my point!! I said That it must have been 2 years since the beggining and that we dont see every place the SH go to, just the important ones, or else it would mean that the world is small enough to make it possible to travel half way trought it in
2-3 months, thats including the time it takes for the log to point to a new island

Akainu
June 21, 2008, 04:08 AM
The grans line is huge, we symply dont see how much time the strawhats spend travelling from one island to another. For all we know there is a several month gap between each major arc.

for all we know, no. we don't know that. write what you think as long as you don't claim it is a fact or show the interview/sbs or chapter it was said in.
alas I can't find a thread on that topic here but there are some on ap and volonte-d (http://www.volonte-d.com/details/temps.php)

Luckas
June 21, 2008, 08:41 AM
Stay on topic.