PDA

View Full Version : Where They Are & Why Kuma Threw Them There

toxun
October 31, 2008, 09:57 AM
Hmm till chap 520 we have no clue what happened to Luffy nakama. I know it will be revealed later, but for now I like to know what is your opinions. As you know they've been thrown away from Shabondy Island to unknown direction to them. We only learned that Luffy landed on Kuja island within southern Calm Belt. The reason why Kuma send Luffy there still unknown. There're a number of opinion about it already but it all scattered all over. My purpose opening this thread is to assemble that in one place :). My first impression of Kuma act is to show him the border that he can cross. He put Luffy there to create jeopardy in Kuja. Or maybe make Boa get honor from WG for Luffy riddance because She is too selfish. But I putting aside for to make Luffy beat Hancock because it really against the wish of WG.

Leisure_cc
October 31, 2008, 10:23 AM
in my opinion,kuma would be a spy for revolutionary amry, so he resist the order from world goverment in thriller bark.in additional. he looks like have a special relationship with luffy's dad. i guess he throwed the straws feignedly for pretecting them not be killed. maybe they are just staying nearby the island they just arrived in.

kkck
October 31, 2008, 12:09 PM
I think one of the strawhats will meet perona at some point.

paradoxe
November 01, 2008, 01:38 AM
Someone raised an interesting point before. Maybe Hancock and the Gorgon sisters were slaves under the Tenryubito, and Kuma freed them. Their slave marks are still there, and that is what Luffy recognizes. Kuma opposes the Tenryubito and after he sees Luffy defying them in such an obvious manner, he decides to send him to Hancock. He may also have felt Luffy's haki, which may have prompted him to send him to learn from her.

This may be the start of the toppling of the WG. The Tenryubito are symbols of the WG, symbolsing the injustice and tyranny of the WG. Open defiance of the Tenryubito may lead to other people starting revolution against the WG. This may be Kuma's plan.

Ustegius
November 01, 2008, 11:29 AM
@Paradoxe

That's a great theory! I didn't think about that. But was it shown that the slaves carried some kind of an specific mark? I can't remember that.

@ Topic
It's very hard to say. Mostly likely some places we don't know by name. By name only ones I can come up with are Elbaf for Usopp, and locations with people we now (Dragon, Garp). But can't be sure wheter or not Kuma controls where they land, but I'm sure that his intention was to help SH.

Oblivion
November 01, 2008, 02:23 PM
@paradoxe: why would they hide the mark? the amazons on the island dont know about the tenryubito nor the mark.

but yeah i guess kuma being defiant against the WG could be very true. whatever the reason, it must be simple and short, he only said one or two sentence to raileigh and he understood.

MindGame
November 01, 2008, 04:07 PM
A few questions I've asked myself

> Did all of them end up on different places? Or will there be some characters who ended up on the same Island?

> How is Oda going to let this story unfold?
1. By focusing on Luffy as he travels to gather up his nakama one by one.
2. Telling the stories of the crew members separately, and they all reunite at the same time in one place
3. Splitting up the job of "finding & reuniting" between two or three characters. Maybe after Luffy is done with Kuja, he'll find one or two nakama. And then we'll move on to another character like Zoro/Sanji/Robin who also proceed to find their nakama

> What wacky places will the crew end up in? So far we've seen an Island filled with warrior women. And judging by the past places the crew have been to, there is no doubt Oda will continue to surprise me with his creativity. Maybe Usopp will end up in the Island of Giants?

> What past characters will they run into? How about a little bit more of Smoker-san. And while we're at it, maybe one crew member could find out more about Dragon. Heck, let's even have someone help save Ace.

> Will there be any new crew members found along the way?

Anyway, enough questions. I'm hoping that more about the other Supernova's will be revealed. Zoro and Bonnie have some chemistry already.

Don't know how long this arc will last, but I'm looking forward to it. And to think, I thought they were heading straight for the Mermaid Island after the CP9 arc.

Fox666
November 01, 2008, 05:41 PM
Since the only way to reuinite is using the vivri card, so it they will meet in three separately groups. =P

paradoxe
November 01, 2008, 10:29 PM
@paradoxe: why would they hide the mark? the amazons on the island dont know about the tenryubito nor the mark.

Being an ex slave is rather humiliating for someone of Hancock's pride and power, don't you think?

Oblivion
November 02, 2008, 07:43 AM
but its not like anyone on the island will ever notice that hte mark is the symbol of slavery

toxun
November 02, 2008, 07:46 AM
But if only simple mark such ass tattoo, why didn't they erase them? I'm also didn't buy any chances that anybody except elder such as Nyon know such mark.

BlackHair
November 02, 2008, 01:21 PM
About the rest of the SHs, I believe they were sent to Disney Land.

About hancock and her sisters back, I believe it is sth new, which we have not seen in the series. Im expecting it to be sth which Luffy saw before the start of the series. Its similar to Duval, at that time there were also some crazy theories out there. In the end it was sth new and unseen for us.

About Hancock being a former slave, I don't thin that is true. 1. Hancock is a Shichi, so a dog of the WG and damn strong. 2. There is no need to cover "possible" marks from her slave time, since no-one in the village could recognize that.

bittman
November 02, 2008, 05:49 PM
But even the Kuja pirate's would recognise the symbol of a fellow Shichibukai (i.e. Doflamingo). I don't think she was a slave either, I'm just saying that though the Kuja non-pirates are very unaware about the outside world, the pirates are and they still have little-to-no idea about the symbol. That said, I'd imagine it will be something even the most childish Kuja could recognise.

On topic though: I'm assuming they were each thrown to a different location, selected (for some reason) personally by Kuma. Typically Kuma asks a person where they would like to go, but for this battle he simply sent them without warning. To this end, I think they're travels will coincide with his own agenda and thus no-one's journey will be unimportant.

I mean, everyone wants to see Ussop come out of a country praised as a hero for defeating a giant goldfish which was threatening Kuma's supply of bibles....surely?

paradoxe
November 03, 2008, 04:24 AM
Nah he did ask Zoro..if Iremember correctly.

goldb
November 03, 2008, 05:48 AM
jus putting this out there, do you think there's any chance that Garp got Kuma to get the SHs outta there? I know he said he was gonna deal with it, maybe this was his way of dealing with it, without the Marines and WG thinking he's a traitor or something...

Fox666
November 03, 2008, 06:00 AM
It's open for possibilities. Coming with garp is one.

Other than that, maybe what Kuma made is not benefic to Straw Hats as it looks like? He could have send them out to Rayleigh don't worry because he is offering Rayleigh the position of Shichibukai? The WG could be planning to make Teach take the position of Edward and them the Shichibukai post is open again.
Why would Rayleigh ask if Kuma is serious? Simply because he is Roger first make, the last thing he wants is to hunt pirates of Roger era. =P

toxun
November 07, 2008, 08:29 AM
If Kuma purpose for aiding Luffy, he did well with cooling his heat & find him an ally

shuga
November 13, 2008, 07:23 AM
well, i think what's gonna happen is they all have separate journeys and grow stronger with Zoro and Sanji learning to control some form of Haki, maybe not Sanji, but definitely Zoro, and then they all meet up with the virve card some where.

chihoho
November 13, 2008, 08:21 AM
So SH crew are sent to different corners of shabondy island ( the pic remind of the dragonballz were also flown to different parts). Kuma sent them on possible hostile island for the purpose of getting them stronger and not become a threat for the upcoming war.

possible destination:
Luffy
Destination: Island of lily
reason: finding out more about haki and news about his brother.

Zorro
Destination: somewhere he can rest and mediate his mind before finding his way back.

Nami
Destination: get's a new weapon, because the other one brock

sanji
destination: somewhere stuck on a island, where only man live

usopp
destination: get a new weapon and cry about the fact that hey lost his nakama.

Chopper
destination: on island where monster lives.

Robin
Destination: Back on ohara,

Franky
Destination: on a scrapyard

Brooke
Destination: by the whale

Kaiser Will
November 13, 2008, 09:25 AM
We cannot forget about the thing that Kuma said to Rayleigh. If they are together in this probably they will get strong, all of them. But this think of the loyal and the only one who obeys the WG is really make me think what was the mastermind behind this: Dragon?

We don't know, just have to wait, and see what was that all about?

Akainu
November 13, 2008, 09:57 AM
Nami
Destination: get's a new weapon, because the other one brock
it broke? I may have missed that so would you please link me there?

usopp
destination: get a new weapon and cry about the fact that hey lost his nakama.
you really think he would cry? well I think a bit like Luffy did before he was sent flying but reading your post I got the image that Usopp is a weakling, right?

Robin
Destination: Back on ohara,
what would she do there? there should be not much (next to nothing) left of this island.

Brooke
Destination: by the whale
no.
I put it as simple as I could, because if he would meet Laboon now his dream would be fulfilled and his journey end.

Sachsenhesse
November 13, 2008, 01:19 PM
just 4 fun:

Zorro
Destination: shanks ship, he needs a place to rest and where would this be better then by a crew which get drunk all the time

Nami
Destination: undiscovered island yet, for her dream of the worldmap

sanji
destination: on a island with rare animalspecies for cooking

usopp
destination: elbaf :/ where else?

Chopper
destination: by vegapunk or a hospital because of his monster form

Robin
Destination: by dragon, because she is the smartest and knows the history, that would be a nice time for some backgroundinformation

Franky
Destination: supermarket for cola

Brooke
Destination: back on the ghostship from the rumbapirates

daisekihan
November 15, 2008, 09:58 AM
Of all the places they possibly could be, the only one that I can come up with a decent guess for is Chopper. If we assume the Oda hasn't decided to kill Chopper off, Kuma couldn't have pushed him farther than an hour or two away from Sabaody---if he did, Chopper's life force would have been eaten up by his Monster form.

bittman
November 15, 2008, 07:48 PM
It's One Piece, so I doubt it by any standard. Oda could easily throw up a blowhole/knock-up stream thing in the way or, the interesting alternative, Chopper could learn to at least get out of it mid-flight (some level of control there).

I doubt all the destinations are meaningful to the Strawhat's. In much the same way that Luffy has been lucky with many of the people he meets and places he goes, this is also just a factor of luck....but that said I still think Kuma has a purpose. I doubt the purpose is "Make the Strawhat's an invincible force" but rather "throw the world into a bit of chaos". If Hancock V Luffy was the possible result of one sending, who knows what plans Kuma had for the others. I wouldn't put it past him sending one to Impel Down to reinforce Luffy when he eventually learns of Ace's predicament, etc.

If we go by a "shake shake the world" theory instead of "Where would you like to go?" which is the usual question, possible locations could be:
* Straight to Fishman Island - rally some pirates right under the marines nose
* Impel Down - cause chaos in the marine stronghold
* Holy Land (on top of Red Line) - Ace's execution + Tenryuubito
* Location of another major power (i.e. a Yonkou or another Shichibukai) - same affect as what Luffy is doing now, detouring them from the battle.

Who knows really? The dream idea is nice, but by that token Luffy would have whipped around the grand line and intercepted all his nakama and automatically have taken them back to Shabondy with Peter Pan music.

daisekihan
November 15, 2008, 09:44 PM
I doubt the purpose is "Make the Strawhat's an invincible force" but rather "throw the world into a bit of chaos".

I don't think Kuma wants to throw the world into chaos...actually, the opposite. I think he wants to preserve the current balance between the the three great powers and sees the impending Whitebeard vs. Shichibukai fight as a threat to that. I think it's at least within the realm of possibility that he sent the Strawhats out to delay the other shichibukai from reaching Mariejois. The SH's can probably die for all he cares, as long as they delay them long enough to let Whitebeard's men take Ace back without a fight. Of course, the WG will be humiliated, but at least the balance will be preserved and an all out World War between the three powers won't break out.

Fox666
November 16, 2008, 01:07 AM
Hmm, good point. But... wouldn't that mean Zoro fight with Mihawk is close? =P
Doflamingo is in a tropical island, Jimbei may be in Gyojin Island, Moria is in that little boat...

bittman
November 16, 2008, 06:30 AM
Well technically, Moria was in a little boat a week or two ago (possibly more?).

Good point daisekihan, that was what I wanted to get at. Not throw the world in chaos, keep the balance. But by the same token, Kuma could shake things up much better by sending some others. He doesn't know the Strawhat's that well personally, so what sort of guarentee are 9 pirates compared to the risk of taking them from under Kizaru's nose?

toxun
November 16, 2008, 11:23 PM
Maybe Kuma doesn't know them personally, but maybe he know their background (except for Brook I guess) as Zoro said Marine has a good intel network. And Kuma knew Zoro ambition personally. My wonder now is he also predict the current outcome that Hancock will aid Luffy? If that so, is he doing it for balance of power? Or did he doing it to make Hancock to respond WG calls? WG maybe know Hancock background & Kuma doing it on purpose.

daisekihan
November 17, 2008, 12:34 AM
Kuma told Moria that part of the reason he was sent out is because the WG figured the SHs might run into him and he might be in trouble---that is, they seem to cause a lot of problems for the members of the organization. He also knows that Mihawk has some kind of personal interest in them. So, if I were looking for someone to delay the rest of the Shichibukai, I think the SH's would be be decent candidates.

As to how he planned to get away with it: how did he get away with not bringing back 8 Strawhat corpses after Thriller Bark? It's like he says: he's under no obligation act as a government agent. And if they ask him to justify getting in the way of their capture of a guy who punched a Tenryuubito, he could just say that was a manner unrelated to their crimes as pirates.

toxun
November 19, 2008, 06:27 AM
Chap. 523 Raw out, and I can't stop laughing at it. Oda sensei is master of combining seriousness & hilarious things :clap2:clap2:clap2. Seem Kuma send them to bring trouble to them according to their quirk. Nami meet a freaking alchemist who study weather control, Franky land on cyborg island, and hahahahahaha Sanji hahahahaha land and hahahahaha place almost everybody guess hahahahaha

gao_dargon
November 22, 2008, 05:08 AM
i dont think we are supposed to talk about resent chapters, you have to wait till next week so we can discuss about them

Yabe
November 22, 2008, 05:39 AM
The chapter was released on Wednesday, 2 days earlier than the regular date (Friday) this week. It's been about 3 days now so you guys can start the discussion that's related to the current chapter outside the chapter discussion thread. Toxun's post was just made visible for that cause.

gao_dargon
November 22, 2008, 11:39 AM
ok cool, then i think everyone was sent there to get a powerup, but how is Sanji gonna get stronger┬┐? runing away from all those okamas should make his legs alot stronger hahahahahahaha

kkck
November 22, 2008, 02:09 PM
^That probably will be the case lol. WOnder if the okamas can seriously do something to improve sanji's power...
If you think about it, this is a very emotional time for sanji, and we know haki can show itself from emotions. Maybe the horror sanji is experiecing right now will make him realise he can use haki. Maybe in a burts of horror he will knock everyone unconciuous with his haki lol.

rhysno1
November 22, 2008, 05:06 PM
hmm ive got a theory did anyone think that maybe kuma can send people through time and if so i think without a doubt he will meet ryuuma but if not i still have hope he goes to the birthplace of ryuuma
i think maybe sanji could have an encounter with bon clay and if not this is certainly somewhere hes been before
i think choppers monster point isnt complete you see i beleve that he has all form going but brain point and his animal insticnt is in control and if he gains control he will be as formidable as luffy
i reckon what everyone is thinking franky wise
hmm i can really imagine where brook is... hmm??
ussop i do think hes in elbaf home of giants and this trip will have huge personality changes instoor for him
hmm robin maybe a secret society for poneglif( really a sorry i cant spell)

but knowing one piece i cant wait to find out im hugely wrong and have a huge funny actiony story line

bittman
November 23, 2008, 10:33 PM
Well from my guesses and what we've seen so far:
* Luffy: Haki + tool to save Ace
* Nami: Weather Island to help develop her skills as a navigator.
* Franky: Future tech island to help develop his shipwright skills (Battle Franky #whatnumberareweuptonow?)
* Sanji: Might actually be able to hit a girl after this? Or on the other hand, he becomes too accustomed to them and is unable to hit a man XD

And for those who haven't landed with two guesses that they are both not far from Shabondy, and not in the New World:
* Zoro: The medical island. Close to Water7, and thus not far out from Shabondy. Will help him get over his current weakness quickly, and might be able to repair his body to a degree from large amounts of damage he has received that time alone cannot heal.
* Ussop: NOT ELBAF! Luffy has to visit it imo, and I want the giant captains to make a comeback also. I could see him landing on something like Jaya, where it's the law of the strong, but lawless.
* Robin: Though a poleglyph is a high possibility, anything relating to intelligence or history would be good. Maybe a way to find them, or a list would also be good.
* Chopper: medical island also? I doubt they are all on the same island, so perhaps an island of animals. Chopper can talk to animals, but we rarely see him use this to effect, so this would also be good. Something chemistry related would be my best guess. An island of cherry blossoms would be simply poetic and tearful though.
* Brooke: Anything adventurous. It's been decades since he's been anywhere, so any place with interest and a keen sense of humor would be great for him.

gao_dargon
November 24, 2008, 02:05 AM
hmm ive got a theory did anyone think that maybe kuma can send people through time and if so i think without a doubt he will meet ryuuma but if not i still have hope he goes to the birthplace of ryuuma
i think maybe sanji could have an encounter with bon clay and if not this is certainly somewhere hes been before
i think choppers monster point isnt complete you see i beleve that he has all form going but brain point and his animal insticnt is in control and if he gains control he will be as formidable as luffy
i reckon what everyone is thinking franky wise
hmm i can really imagine where brook is... hmm??
ussop i do think hes in elbaf home of giants and this trip will have huge personality changes instoor for him
hmm robin maybe a secret society for poneglif( really a sorry i cant spell)

but knowing one piece i cant wait to find out im hugely wrong and have a huge funny actiony story line

i dont think this is a posibility cuz if it were, then how are they going to come back? just waiting??

RicardoKloss
November 27, 2008, 03:28 PM
I believe they were trown by kuma due to dragon's influence, I don know if you do remember but he mentioned dragon when he said his son had loyal friends

Andonan
January 26, 2009, 11:16 PM
Welcome adises, yes i agree with that.....

Wow I'm a real idiot, with the exception of Zoro, and i guess Sanji, everyone is where they would love to go....
Nami is in a cloud island that is all about studying weather and such, plus the guy has obvious inventions to improve her climatact.....
Franky is at the home of Vegepunk and will obviously been surrounded with devices to upgrade himself exponentially......
Sanji.....well i guess you could say he's in a place where he can get over his fear of fighting woman.....
Ussopp, well he's in a jungle with a man whois obviously a "true warrior" and is surrounded by constant danger, so hopefully he'll get over his fear of everything and get stronger, plus I'm guessing there is going to be a devil fruit around so he can upgrade his weapon......
Bones, well he's on an island where everyone is going to listen to his every order and be treated like a god rather than a devil, well kinda, i can't really figure out what his powerup would be though....
Nico, is in one of the only places in the world where there is massive torture, in other words she won't be considered a devil either just another slave and will have to get over her nature to only look out for herself (and now the SH) and I'm sure will inevitably free all the other slaves, can't really see the powerup, i think it's more a mental thing with her........
Chopper, is in the island of animals, so i'm sure he's somehow going to bridge the gap between animals and humans by being able to talk to both creatures....i think there is a trend here which that characters who already possess a df aren't going to get a powerup like the others, the df users, ie nico, chopper and bones will just get mental powerups so to speak....
And finally Zoro,well like i said i can't really figure his side story out....i'm sure he'd been sent somewhere he can get stronger, but i can't imagine how ths place will help that...any ideas.....

Ok well I'm sure this was obvious to most ppl a long time ago but a thought I'd opinionated them hehe....i said this long post because i think Oda is going to do another flash back of the other SH soon and i think the story will have progressed in this manner.... :D

fastfonz
January 27, 2009, 12:04 AM
Welcome adises, yes i agree with that.....

Wow I'm a real idiot, with the exception of Zoro, and i guess Sanji, everyone is where they would love to go....
Nami is in a cloud island that is all about studying weather and such, plus the guy has obvious inventions to improve her climatact.....
Franky is at the home of Vegepunk and will obviously been surrounded with devices to upgrade himself exponentially......
Sanji.....well i guess you could say he's in a place where he can get over his fear of fighting woman.....
Ussopp, well he's in a jungle with a man whois obviously a "true warrior" and is surrounded by constant danger, so hopefully he'll get over his fear of everything and get stronger, plus I'm guessing there is going to be a devil fruit around so he can upgrade his weapon......
Bones, well he's on an island where everyone is going to listen to his every order and be treated like a god rather than a devil, well kinda, i can't really figure out what his powerup would be though....
Nico, is in one of the only places in the world where there is massive torture, in other words she won't be considered a devil either just another slave and will have to get over her nature to only look out for herself (and now the SH) and I'm sure will inevitably free all the other slaves, can't really see the powerup, i think it's more a mental thing with her........
Chopper, is in the island of animals, so i'm sure he's somehow going to bridge the gap between animals and humans by being able to talk to both creatures....i think there is a trend here which that characters who already possess a df aren't going to get a powerup like the others, the df users, ie nico, chopper and bones will just get mental powerups so to speak....
And finally Zoro,well like i said i can't really figure his side story out....i'm sure he'd been sent somewhere he can get stronger, but i can't imagine how ths place will help that...any ideas.....

Ok well I'm sure this was obvious to most ppl a long time ago but a thought I'd opinionated them hehe....i said this long post because i think Oda is going to do another flash back of the other SH soon and i think the story will have progressed in this manner.... :D

Unlike others.. I feel Zoro didnt need to go to an island to get stronger.. but to fully recover.. Having survived the exchange of pain from Luffy to him in Thriller Bark surely made him stronger.. will wise.. Zoro, like Luffy, to me has been awakening their own haki. Zoro has that demon aura thing going.. I feel Zoro has already been upgraded he just hasnt recovered yet. Is like going to the gym breaking your muscle fibers and not waiting to recover before working those muscles again.. Zoro just need to rest..

While thats realistic.. this is a manga.. so maybe he will power up there and he is already recovered.. but I think he just needs to rest.

Plus Perona was taking care of him (bandages and took the swords away). - Maybe he will exercise his fourth sword and make a baby.

bittman
January 27, 2009, 12:16 AM
Andonan: Less walls of text D=

But on people being sent to useful places, I'll give my complete run-down:
1) Luffy: Haki + Shichibukai
2) Zoro: Someone guessed the home of Mihawk, and I quite liked that idea ever since.
3) Nami: Weatheria. Any more obvious?
4) Ussop: Unique biological/floral attacks for Kabuto.
5) Sanji: Well you can guess all you want, but as Robin said "That man is born under an interesting star". Can't remember when anything useful ever happened to Sanji...
6) Chopper: More Animals, we'd almost forgotten he can talk to them sometimes.
7) Robin: 700 years = end of missing history
8) Franky: Future tech island, easy.
9) Brooke: Re-connect with the world by meeting those at the bottom of it.

Wowzers
January 27, 2009, 12:18 AM
As for Zoro, maybe he is there to fight ghosts. They are non-physical and so he will have to learn to use his ki, aura, haki, whatever to cut them, even without a sword. Basically, a practical application of what he taps into when he does Asura.

Andonan
January 27, 2009, 02:40 AM

2) Zoro: Someone guessed the home of Mihawk, and I quite liked that idea ever since.
5) Sanji: Well you can guess all you want, but as Robin said "That man is born under an interesting star". Can't remember when anything useful ever happened to Sanji...

Hehe making you feel lazy :p

Just kidding, but I do really like your theory for Robin and Brooke, can't say i agree with Ussop I like my own "getting over being scared 24/7" theory better, i think his country is just so perilous he'll realise it's stupid to be scared all the time and just decide to get stronger and to hide his emotions.....

Home of Mihawk......yeah is a very good theory.....but how is that really a help?? I mean he's not strong enough to take on Mihawk again and besides mihawk is involved in the war....i mean i suppose he could learn something from books or some shit or find Mihawk's hournal but i don't think that's really his style......I like this simple "he's getting forced to rest" theory......

patz
January 27, 2009, 05:12 AM

Sanji will get his legs power improved from keep running.

Fox666
January 27, 2009, 05:27 AM
Nah, that's the home of Bon Clay and his style.

But maybe Sanji will loose his weakness for woman. =p

cats
January 27, 2009, 05:54 AM
i agree with patz on sanji

he's going to keep running day and night to get away and thus will improve his leg power. he won't get over his not attacking women because of 2 reasons:
1. they're not women
2. those are a part of his morals/ethics which are a part of his very core (as we saw from when his shadow was put in dogpen)

i'm interested the most in usopp brooke and robins stories and hopefully the results are surprising and cool :3

k-dom
January 27, 2009, 04:25 PM
Running day and night to improve his leg would be very uninteresting. Like Ilovefoxes there is a high probability that it is bon clay home island.
Maybe sanji will met the friend Mr2 talk about in Alabasta
http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000187/15.jpg

Imitorar
January 28, 2009, 08:51 PM
Sanji will get his legs power improved from keep running.
This is a very intriguing idea. I admit, I thought until now that it would be his inability to kick women that Sanji would get over, but the problem is, that's a MAJOR part of Sanji's character, and to lose it would be to change the character for the sake of a power-up, and I think that Oda's above such sloppy writing. This idea of increased leg strength and endurance seems to have a lot of potential, though.

As to those who suspect that Bon Kurei will be involved, I can see why you'd think that, but I like the idea of Bon Kurei just being a crossdresser, without having to come from a special island of transvestites. If Oda does do something with Bon Kurei on Kamabacca Island, I will suspect that it's one of the instances of giving into the fans that he's mentioned. Though I've suspected that in certain instances before, and Oda managed to do those in a way where I liked them, so I guess it won't be so bad. And k-dom, that's a very interesting point you raise about Bon Kurei's old friend! Perhaps Sanji meeting that friend will be how Kamabacca Island is related to Bon Kurei, if it is.

k-dom
January 29, 2009, 12:45 PM
well that phrase was never clear to me. And since everyone agrees to say that Oda never put such thing innocently, I would not be surprise. And contrary to everyone, I found the "increase leg power by running" theory going nowhere. Sanji will need to stop at a moment, at least to rent a boat or similar. And this boat will be full of okama too.
Anyway 2 pages is too short to have a clear idea. We'll see the truth when Impel down arc is finished

street_san
January 31, 2009, 08:26 AM
And contrary to everyone, I found the "increase leg power by running" theory going nowhere.

Naah, just think of it some second. I don't think Kuma separate all the Sraw Hat nakamas for no reason. I think he sent them on different countrie so they could train, and become stronger. Cause with the strengh they have actually, it won't be possible for them to beat other shishibukais or Younkou (see the fight with Moria, or Kuma). But if they get stronger, its an all different things. And don't forget that Kuma whispered something to Rayleigh before sending them. So the theory of Sanjy increasing his leg power is very possible.

toxun
January 31, 2009, 11:02 AM
Well, Kuma said to Sengoku that he already demise Strawhat's. According to the place they're thrown, is it look like something that Garp previously done to Luffy? For Sanji case I guess it might :D:D:D (he'll be in total horror while there :p).

Makki
January 31, 2009, 11:10 AM
but not by running....i can see he meets Bon Kurei's friend there who works with him on his kicking.

So much more interesting, if Kuma sent them to an island where they can power-up, how can Brook, Robin and Chopper power up at their places?
Zoro maybe just needs to rest and Usopp will finally get brave. Clear is that Nami will learn more about navigating and using the weather for her power. Franky will probably upgrade his body.
What do you think? Especially about the power-ups for Brook, Robin and Chopper?

Onomatopoeia
February 01, 2009, 12:35 PM
Chopper might learn how to communicate with his Inner Beast(AKA Monster Chopper) or something of that sort. I don't think we have enough info on Chopper's Island to get a clear idea. And even then I think it's alright if some of the SHs don't get a powerup...

Robin is going to learn about the history of that bridge which is probably important in some way,and get more arm strength by working.

bittman
February 01, 2009, 06:26 PM
Actually Chopper's Monster Form is a perversion of the Devil Fruit where the DF goes out of control moreso than his animal instincts.

I actually think Chopper will learn to better communicate with other species of animals, perhaps become a bit like a beast tamer. I mean, we've seen Camie talk to fish and get them to help out, but Chopper at best communicates an animals words yet has no control over them.

Razh
February 01, 2009, 07:26 PM
I actually think Chopper will learn to better communicate with other species of animals, perhaps become a bit like a beast tamer. I mean, we've seen Camie talk to fish and get them to help out, but Chopper at best communicates an animals words yet has no control over them.

Heh, maybe this could be Chopper's new form:
http://100grana.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/beastman04.jpg

Lord Rayleigh
February 10, 2009, 05:01 PM
Brook has been " invoked " to help the people. They probably need him to fight against some strong guy(s) supposed to be unbeatable by normal people : it's why they were looking for a demon (and not a strong marine/headhunter/mercenary). To need the devil means you have no other choice, so it seems to be a very difficult quest he has been hired for.
So, Brook will get stronger thanks to experience, what is lacking since he died 50 years ago.
Do you remember his first fight with the SHs (against the flying riders) was very important for him ; what no other SH said. So, he will get self-confidence what he hasn't for the moment too.

MindGame
February 13, 2009, 06:54 AM
Usopp isn't brave? Sure, he acts cowardly but he'll face ANY enemy if he has to. Look at him taunting Lucci so that he could help Luffy. That's not exactly the action of someone who isn't brave

And BTW, in know this is quite unconventional, but would it be probable for all the other individual crew's stories to unfold only in the anime? Think about it, if their separate arcs are 5-6 chapters long each, how long would it take for them to reunite? It's going to take a year before they'll be together. Sure, it would fill the manga with gaping plot holes the size of Texas, but it would give many people sufficient reason to watch the anime.

k-dom
February 13, 2009, 02:01 PM
well I think one piece is already in the top 10 if not top 5 for the anime audimat in Japan.
When you think about it, Impel down arc is going quite fast currently, we can imagine it ends in spring. That would let 4-5 chapters for each strawhat till the end of year ? that's not impossible. It would mean that we won't see much of the World government-shichibulai-Whitebeard battle. That would upset some fans but not me

kkck
February 13, 2009, 05:19 PM
Courage isnt the lack of fear, but having the guts to face your own fears. Ussop is constantly afraid, you could even say he is afraid 24/7. Given that, ussop is one of the braver guys around. :)

MindGame
February 14, 2009, 09:09 AM
That would let 4-5 chapters for each strawhat till the end of year ? that's not impossible.

:D and to think, Oda originally planned the series to last 5 years. Oh, and thx 4 pointing out the anime's ranking. you make a good point.

So if each crew member gets an average of 5 chapters, that means each sub-arc has to be settled in around 100 pages. Hopefully that will be enough for Oda to pull out great stories for each crew member.

Oh, and if Oda really uses this format, we'll probably be seing the strawhats back together this time next year. Don't forget, OP on average takes more time off than other popular series'

Akainu
March 03, 2009, 10:03 AM
well call it weird, but I had an idea why Zoro was thrown to that island... since there are only ruins left on the island there is enough for him to destroy and try to master the demon sword (the last one he got) - target practice with peronas ghosts and so on, in short a really huge playground for a swordsman :amuse

Naisho
March 03, 2009, 12:36 PM
I hope Nami will learn not only improve her navigation skills which is way to follow weather, but means to create and control weather. 16m beri too low for her ^_^

My guess - Zoro will learn a way to "cut nothing" - ghosts. I wait this since his flashback from fight which mr.1. Perona can assist him.

Chopper - he can help from giant birds in search of nakama and reassembling strawhats.

Phase
April 02, 2009, 07:20 PM
Thread revival! I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but it caught my mind recently.

First the background, Zoro has started to unlock the power of his Kitetsu with his Asura thing, it's definitely worthy of being one of the 50 swords. He just got the Shuusui, one of the 21 legendary swords, and almost immediately started showing how powerful it was. He also commented on its characteristics, legendary hardness, heavy and powerful. It then absorbed the power of the other 2 swords the first time he tried the 108 attack.

There's something terribly wrong with Zoro right now, and that has to do with his Wadou Ichimonji. One of the 21 legendary swords, and the most important one to him because it carries the weight of his promise. It's level is supposed to be the same of his new Shuusui. But it seems like it quickly became the least powerful of his 3 swords when it should instead be his best weapon. We really know nothing about the sword itself other than it's title, even now. I predict Zoro's powerup arc will have to do with his connection to his Wadou Ichimonji, and re-establish it as his legitimate primary weapon. This may even be his gateway to using haki (which would be the best way to cut ghosts if it goes that route).

It seems to me that Zoro already learned how to cut nothing in Alabasta, I don't really want to see him learn it again. However, I will note that he's only ever used that technique with the Wadou Ichimonji alone.

kkck
April 02, 2009, 08:19 PM
^Zoros swords have little to nothing to do with his own increase in strength though or new techniques. Certain properties they have could be convenient for techniques he beforehand was capable of. His swords hold no actual power of their own lol. That doesnt mean zoro doesnt need high quality swords though. Ordinary swords would either break just from being handled by zoro at this point or wont resist a single impact to any current enemy.

Phase
April 02, 2009, 10:17 PM
^Zoros swords have little to nothing to do with his own increase in strength though or new techniques. Certain properties they have could be convenient for techniques he beforehand was capable of. His swords hold no actual power of their own lol. That doesnt mean zoro doesnt need high quality swords though. Ordinary swords would either break just from being handled by zoro at this point or wont resist a single impact to any current enemy.

I'm just going to provide you with some examples of when Zoro attained his swords.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/97/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/467/17/

You can see that in both cases, when it comes to legendary swords, the will of the sword is taken seriously by the owners. Such consistant foreshadowing from Oda in such important situations is never meaningless. There's no way that Oda would keep them as just "tools" after he's set them up to be more than that so nicely. Legendary swords most certainly hold power of their own, I'm more confident of that prediction than I am of any other.

neomaster121
April 03, 2009, 04:18 PM
I'm just going to provide you with some examples of when Zoro attained his swords.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/97/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/467/17/

You can see that in both cases, when it comes to legendary swords, the will of the sword is taken seriously by the owners. Such consistant foreshadowing from Oda in such important situations is never meaningless. There's no way that Oda would keep them as just "tools" after he's set them up to be more than that so nicely. Legendary swords most certainly hold power of their own, I'm more confident of that prediction than I am of any other.

honestly dude u could simply have posted the link when Zoro was surpriesed of the power of his 300 pund cannon after gaining his new sword

@kkck Zoro's destructive power has increased due to gaining another top 21 sword

Remember when Zoro thought against odz the new sword absorbed the two other attacks and made it larger and more stronger
Zoro even said he's yet to master it

tho i think perona is there to test Zoro's will continuiously
She's hidden his swords
Zoro has to hear the breath of his swords while perona keeps making his will power 0
Zoro will have to learn to hear the breath without being in near death state aka using haki

Luffy did the same surviving the poison using his will and life force
Zoro MUST have done something simular to survive kuma's luffy pain ball of which kuma said certain death should come

anyway this is just my thoughts now after iva's chat to mr 2

Wowzers
April 06, 2009, 06:14 PM
In chapter 538 (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/538/07/) Iva-san said:
Not once have I saved the life of a fool who relies only on the help of others. Oh, I have saved countries drowning in poverty... even countries defeated in battle and left in ruins... but all that i truly did was to draw out their own will to live!

This was ringing bells with me and I thought of two islands these descriptions matched: The island Brook landed on and the island Zoro landed on.

Maybe these two islands lacked the willpower to activate his miracle, so Kuma put them on these islands specifically so they could take advantage of the "miracle" that Iva-san left there??

I'm not sure how he could use his Hormone powers to affect an entire country or how it could still be there long after Iva-san was captured but i'm having a hard time believing the coincidence in his examples and the locations where at least 2 strawhats have ended up. Maybe ALL the strawhats have ended up on his miracle islands.

Shadoguardian
April 06, 2009, 07:00 PM
Possible power-ups for Straw Hat crew
Zoro - either learns to be gentle or use haki
Nami - learns to use wind knots with her clima-tact for more powerful attacks
Ussop - May get getter aim, and probably learns to use the unique plants in the grove for his advantage
Sanji - Strenghtens his legs and stamina from constant running, might be able to either run on water, or use one of the 3 Rokushiki leg techniques (Geppou, Rankakyu, Soru)
Chopper - may modify Rumble balls to have more points (e.g. Wing Point)
Robin - Might get a little stronger
Franky - Modifications to body and new weapons
Brook - Learns to harness music as a weapon beyond just inducing sleep.

Phase
April 06, 2009, 08:28 PM
Possible power-ups for Straw Hat crew
Zoro - either learns to be gentle or use haki
Nami - learns to use wind knots with her clima-tact for more powerful attacks
Ussop - May get getter aim, and probably learns to use the unique plants in the grove for his advantage
Sanji - Strenghtens his legs and stamina from constant running, might be able to either run on water, or use one of the 3 Rokushiki leg techniques (Geppou, Rankakyu, Soru)
Chopper - may modify Rumble balls to have more points (e.g. Wing Point)
Robin - Might get a little stronger
Franky - Modifications to body and new weapons
Brook - Learns to harness music as a weapon beyond just inducing sleep.

This is a good list, here's where I'm leaning with it.
Zoro - Learns to draw out the power of the Wadou Ichimonji, somehow relating to haki.
Nami - Learns more weather control and impresses the people there with her ability. This causes them to give her something of great value. I'm open to what this could be, anything from a weather manipulation device to a devil's fruit.
Usopp - Learns to add some serious damage to his shots like the Kuja arrows. It seems this was a pretty low level haki that everyone there could use, so Usopp could figure this out with guidance.
Sanji - Learns a ranged attack of some sort, but this will occur after he stops trying to run. There's too much storyline potential on that island for Oda to pass up.
Chopper - Learns to enhance his rumble ball, either granting a longer duration or allowing more to be used.
Robin - This is the toughest one for me, my mind keeps focusing on storyline with her location. Extra physical strength would do her a lot of good, but it seems so bland. Extra attack distance is also a lame possibility. I think Oda will do better.
Franky - Everyone's on the same boat here, learning how to upgrade himself and maybe have someone alter his back for him. Vegapunk reproduces DF powers as a basis for his weapons. If that's true, nobody on the crew has a good DF power for that, it'd have to be someone on the island.
Brook - Brook will become the crew's "bard" from the RPG world. So I think I agree with you that he'll learn more ways to use music. Buffs, so to speak.

I think each person's storyline will wind up being epic, and they'll each wind up having a huge impact on the people/places they're visiting.

ofir271
May 06, 2009, 07:02 AM
it is posible the crew will not only gain personal power but also arive to the battle with the WG with some assistant from the islands.
i base it on the current story line where luffy gatter strong poeple around him. its a bit off topic and kind of a spoiler.

robin can help free the slaves - and some of them can come with her (there was a cover with butterflys wich symbolize freedom) this can make her free from her personal demons from the past,and obvioslly stronger.

sanjy can make new friends and they will acompany him after falling in love with him(they can just run after him all the way to the war lol)

chooper sould muster his monster form and the birds can help him with that.they can also give him a ride on their back

francky sould gain some advanced knoledge of how to deal with the pacifista

i think perona can manifest ather ghosts like somthing that will ease zoro pain and contradict kuma pain ball effect.they can probablly become good friends and join him as well after hearing her master will be in the same place

nami will probably come riding a giant cloud

and brook will play a tune that enable him to fly all the way

Ustegius
May 13, 2009, 03:41 AM
I think it is almost certain, that Brookes power up will deal with music. Just think about it, The cultists wanted revenge to Longarm Tribe, am I correct? The only possibly Longarm we know is Apoo. Apoo certainly had a DF that turned his body in to an instrument, but that still doesn't explain how he learned those musical attacks, especially the blow that "destroyed" Kizaru. So I have a hunch that Brook will learn some Longarm musical secrets, maybe the same ones that Apoo knows.

Lord Rayleigh
May 13, 2009, 05:19 PM
The cultists wanted revenge to Longarm Tribe, am I correct?
Can you give me a link to the page of the chapter that is involved here please ?

Ustegius
May 14, 2009, 04:10 AM
Can you give me a link to the page of the chapter that is involved here please ?

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/524/04/ , here. It says tenaga tribe, but at least according to wiki tenaga=longarm. Wikis have been wrong before, though.

Thinking it more, the cultist claim tenaga stole something from them. The music techniques? At least I see drums on the side of the tent.

Imitorar
May 15, 2009, 12:10 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/524/04/ , here. It says tenaga tribe, but at least according to wiki tenaga=longarm. Wikis have been wrong before, though.

Thinking it more, the cultist claim tenaga stole something from them. The music techniques? At least I see drums on the side of the tent.
It's accurate. I don't know why, but whoever Franky House used for that chapter kept the Longarms' tribe name in Japanese. Stephen translated it as "Longhand Tribe", which is what he calls the "Longarm Tribe". Carlos Net is the one who dubbed them "Longarm Tribe", and he and Stephen tend to be more accurate than Ulrilra, whom Franky House uses sometimes. So yeah, Brook's up against the Longarms. Which is quite interesting, I hadn't noticed that before, so thank you Ustegius for pointing that out.

EDIT: Wait, the credits said that it was Carlos Net who did the translation for that. Ulrilra, I apologize for falsely accusing you. I don't think that Carlos Net left that in Japanese in his translation. So either he did call them "Tenaga", at least that time, or someone in Franky House changed it to "Tenaga" for some reason. Either way, "Tenaga" means "Longarm", that's pretty much established.

Lord Rayleigh
May 15, 2009, 05:52 PM
So, you have totally discovered and solved the case with Brook, Ustegius.

kkck
May 16, 2009, 04:35 PM
I think robin was sent there so that she could learn history. We know oz was there hundreds of years ago and considering the WG has been using the place as a prison, she is likely to find some decent secrets about the WG.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/524/06/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/456/17/

Roarchu
May 16, 2009, 11:03 PM
oh yeah, you're right

all those guys were ppl who were against the WG, so they may know about its nastiness and Robin can learn about it

bittman
May 21, 2009, 01:57 AM
I'm bumping this thread (rather than making my own) to discuss not why they are where they are, but how do we expect them to return. Long ago people predicted they'd appear in the Impel Down arc, I on the other hand believed Luffy would go on an adventure to reunite with them, yet still some should be able to meet with Luffy somewhere.

So, what could happen with each member -

Zoro: Even if he returned to health and found a way off the island, he'll get lost even with a Vivre card, so I doubt Luffy will catch up with him on Shabondy unless Perona accompanies him, though she's stuck on the island also by the sounds of it.

Nami: She may be a navigator, but she is kind of in the sky. If she can find a way down, she could be the first back.

Ussop: Too scared to leave on his own? Perhaps too scared to be apart from the other Strawhat's for too long (or stay on a dangerous island)? I can't see him making it back yet somehow.

Sanji: He can't commission a boat and help while he's running away. Still, he might make it back. Sanji has been shown to be resourceful and has suffered long enough without women.

Chopper: Could fly back with birds, smart enough to know how to possibly get back. Still, we're not sure exactly what he's doing on the island. He was possibly stew last we saw =P

Robin: Smart enough to make it back...but kind of imprisoned. She could break out, but even then she's not even on the grand line. I can't see her making it back.

Franky: Well he found (advanced) civilisation and friends. He might get so wrapped up in the work that he forgets to leave, but I don't see that there would really be anything that's stopping him from getting back...unless he's in the new world or something...

Brooke: He's getting panties, as if he wants to come back. But, at the same time he might be "sort of" a prisoner in his own satanic disguise. A poor country wouldn't really have a boat to lend either...

(That was actually quite fun to try imagine =P)

ofir271
May 21, 2009, 03:46 PM
you sould consider the "new and improved" crew when thinking of their return.
ussop may not be so afraid any more.he will sure be one step closer for his dream of bieng a brave warior.
brooke can learn a flying tune.
nami can learn to ride on her own wind.
choper can connect with the giant birds and take a ride on thier back.

its hard to predict where and when they will apear my guess its later then sooner.if they apear on breaking of the battle it will take the focus and wont give them enough of it.

my guess they will come at the last chapter of the season to help luffy(and maybe ace) escape after the epic battle.

k-dom
May 21, 2009, 04:08 PM
My guess is that kuma will offer them the return ticket.

Sachsenhesse
May 25, 2009, 09:23 AM
soa... how they come back to the sunny or ruffy?

Zoro: perona will guide him somehow, at the best directly to her master, but then they must have heard about the great battle

Nami: urouge :D, because hes a supernovae and originally from sky island, i believe his ship could come back to the sky islands everytime

Ussop: really no idea :/ my guess is he eats a bugdevilfruit which him allows to fly

Sanji: ivankov would be the best choice... or he learns to walk over water like brook

Chopper: bepos island? otherwise he will negotiad between the birds and humans

Robin: maybe some connection with x-drake, maybe he was first the supervisor of that island and then recruited his piratecrew from here, so there could be some hints for robin

Franky: kids island? ^^ would perfect fit for his devilfruit, but he could make the way home alone with a ship

Brooke: Longarmtribe as someone mentioned... apoo?

scarletcrimson
June 12, 2009, 08:00 AM
man, all very interesting it would be nice if everyone found their own way back and gained new powers/skills/enlightenment/knowledge, which was why kuma sent them there (maybe he wants them to beat the WG afterall), i really hope they do since they all need a serious powerup to deal with what is coming

k-dom
June 19, 2009, 12:56 AM
Everyone seems to agree that Kuma sent the Strawhat so that they power up. I would tend to agree too. But Impel Down arc is coming to an end and Luffy has not shown any major improvement yet. The only thing we know is that he has a great haki but his journey to kuja island did not help on that subject.
Maybe it will be different for the others but I think now that power up is not the main reason

BlindMunkey
June 19, 2009, 02:17 AM
ever considered the possibility of Dark King riding on sunny thousand to help out luffy with getting his nakama back. cuz kuma did whispers something to the dark king at shabondy park. to be honest i wouldnt be surprise if zoro was the first one to ever make it back. tht would be epic LOL.
either that or luffy waits around for them with sunny thousand with dark king somewhere on fish island or shabondy park.

edit: but thats not ODA like so will work it out like the genius he is

modoki
July 21, 2009, 05:13 PM
The king's haki luffy learned helped improve his fighting power. He unlike his brother was able to physically hurt Teach. Kuma did rayleigh a favor. Apparently rayleigh most likely saved kuma in the past or did something for him greatly in the past.

I firstly believe he sent all of them to separate ways to learn, train, and be saved.

Nami needs to learn more about controlling weather.
Franky needs to learn to build better machinery, hopefully at Vegapunk's level of expertise.
Sanji needs to learn to stop flirting with every single hot woman he encounters.
and etc.

If Kuma or Rayleigh never showed up, we would probably have a RIP Zoro thread about now. Borsalino has no problem killing him and all of the SH crew.

k-dom
July 21, 2009, 05:40 PM
luffy did not learnEd king haki. It is not even clear if he knows now what haki is.
And ace did hurt blackbeard too, he was not strong enough but neither luffy was

kkck
July 21, 2009, 08:21 PM
The king's haki luffy learned helped improve his fighting power. He unlike his brother was able to physically hurt Teach. Kuma did rayleigh a favor. Apparently rayleigh most likely saved kuma in the past or did something for him greatly in the past.

I firstly believe he sent all of them to separate ways to learn, train, and be saved.

Nami needs to learn more about controlling weather.
Franky needs to learn to build better machinery, hopefully at Vegapunk's level of expertise.
Sanji needs to learn to stop flirting with every single hot woman he encounters.
and etc.

If Kuma or Rayleigh never showed up, we would probably have a RIP Zoro thread about now. Borsalino has no problem killing him and all of the SH crew.

2 little details:

1.- Even though luffy has large amounts of top quality haki, he does not know how to use it yet.

2.- Ace was able to hurt teach. I clearly remember BB being impaled by fire. Anyways, teach does not have the traditional logia power of being intangible so basically even a baby could hit him.

BlindMunkey
July 22, 2009, 01:53 AM
2 little details:

1.- Even though luffy has large amounts of top quality haki, he does not know how to use it yet.

2.- Ace was able to hurt teach. I clearly remember BB being impaled by fire. Anyways, teach does not have the traditional logia power of being intangible so basically even a baby could hit him.

dude i think MODOKI meant. ace didnt hurt BB with a fist to face. instead used his DF power.
and i believe luffy punch to BB had haki on it. but still luffy used his DF power to stretch his arm but after BB pwnd him.

Black Lagoon
July 22, 2009, 04:36 AM
the Going Merry will resurrect from the nothing and take them all back to the Sunny...:p

k-dom
July 22, 2009, 03:46 PM
2 little details:

honnestly it doesn't hurt to read the post just above yours...

I think that modaki was thinking that Ace was defeated by Blackbeard, but I think Luffy would have not done much better if the fight had continued

Poneglyph420
July 25, 2009, 08:57 PM
man, all very interesting it would be nice if everyone found their own way back and gained new powers/skills/enlightenment/knowledge, which was why kuma sent them there (maybe he wants them to beat the WG afterall), i really hope they do since they all need a serious powerup to deal with what is coming

I think that Kuma threw the the SH where they are as part of his own hidded agenda. He has mentioned his knowledge of Dragon.. and is a Shichibukai, but look at how "loyal" they are.

1. Nami. Naturally her ability with the Climatact and her weather powers must become more powerful and deadly. In Weatheria, she can hopefully lean to fly, trick and kill..

2.Franky landed on Vegapunk's home island and naturally he must find how to become a cyborg of another calibre.

3. Sanji is in the perfect hell. Men all dressed like women in hot pursuit. He has to get beyond gaping at women all the tme, I mean if he can't imagine how simply Boa could own him.. Maybe he will also learn about Iva and her connection to Dragon.

4. Usopp has been spotted as a fat mess with the Kabuto. He has to overcome his fear, and fight in the jungles to become a real sniper..
Maybe work off all that fat into muscle.

5. Brook is a bit more hard to solve.. Maybe all the dark arts and cult madness will help him to open his "undead" power and become powerful by dealing with the devil..??

6. Robin seems simple now. To learn about the situation of the Revolutionaries and to hopefully find out more about Dragon and the secrets of the WG. Knowledge is power...but now she is REAL far away.
Hope they have some bad ass transport..

7. Chopper in the Torino Kingdom. Well while the birds are huge Chopper can take 'em on! If it gets too hard he had to be able to find another point of a way to control Monster Point. I expect we can finally see Chopper be both cute and deadly.

8. I really think that Zoro has to level up, but seeing him with Perona leads me to think he might be the only one who could make it back without the help of Rayleigh. Maybe even could lead to another Moria faceoff!!!

If they don't level up now they won't make it anywhere in the NW.

slippy
July 26, 2009, 01:40 AM
the strawhats are where they are to gain knowledge, not to level up. that's all i came here to say

ekw
July 26, 2009, 01:54 AM
5. Brook is a bit more hard to solve.. Maybe all the dark arts and cult madness will help him to open his "undead" power and become powerful by dealing with the devil..??

i guess people forgot that people "summoned" him there in order to fight the longarm tribe. Scratchman apoo is part of that longarm tribe, and he is able to turn music into physical attacks. A possible and more likely powerup for brooke.

gesgift
July 26, 2009, 03:17 AM
i guess people forgot that people "summoned" him there in order to fight the longarm tribe. Scratchman apoo is part of that longarm tribe, and he is able to turn music into physical attacks. A possible and more likely powerup for brooke.

This sounds very interesting to me. Although it doesn't seem quite likely, I hope that Brooke learns more about his powers. If DF's have the power of the Devil, then the one who resurects has to be nearly as close to the Devil as the one with the Yamiyami-no-mi, not?

Powerups through music seem cool and more plausible. Than he can have a 'battle' with Appoo (MC battle I mean ;) )

k-dom
July 26, 2009, 04:13 AM
The cover stories has not shown any power up so far and worse not a sign of sign of them going back to the sunny. So I guess there are still uncomplete and we still have to wait for more.
anyway there is one member which story has been tell in full length : Luffy
and he hasn't made any power up so far so I would not bet that much on power up for the other too

gesgift
July 26, 2009, 04:45 AM
What's a power-up? First he pulls of a battle with the minotaurus, next he smashes him in one hit... Maybe it's just the way I look at it?

I'm wondering if Luffy&co will be mistaken for marines because of their ships?

mugiwara84
July 26, 2009, 04:56 AM
What's a power-up? First he pulls of a battle with the minotaurus, next he smashes him in one hit... Maybe it's just the way I look at it?

I'm wondering if Luffy&co will be mistaken for marines because of their ships?

power up is when you learn a new move that gives you a (big) increase in strength => Luffy's gear second, Goku's supersayan, Ichigo's bankai, Naruto's sagemode to name a few.

So Luffy beating the minotaurus in one hit where it took some hits before isn't a real powerup, it's just a growth in strength though he only battled Minotaurus once and took a second awakened Zoan fruit user with Gear 3rd which is a bit normal cause a direct hit from Gear 3rd always did more damage then Gear 2nd.

gesgift
July 26, 2009, 05:50 AM
Then I hope that Tony Tony gains some knowledge on how to become an awakened zoan (since he has the human fruit, I don't think he will look more stupid because of it, like the mino's did?).

And about Nami's possible power-up: being able to create windhoses would be awesome, if nog only for battle, also for the ship? (then it shouldn't use up so much coke if they wan't to advance whitout wind ;) ).

NANLIT
July 26, 2009, 08:12 AM
Then I hope that Tony Tony gains some knowledge on how to become an awakened zoan (since he has the human fruit, I don't think he will look more stupid because of it, like the mino's did?).
Some have theorized that Chopper's Monster Point is his Awakened Form.

gesgift
July 26, 2009, 02:57 PM
Then the question is, why is it killing him (not?), and if it's the same for the others; doe DF's have life-shortening consequenses? (due to the link with the devil)

ofir271
July 26, 2009, 09:22 PM
luffy didnt get a power up?
so whats hacki to you?
its true he is still learning, but we allready saw the huge potential off hacki.
the rest of te crew must and will catch up.im sure of it.
and the reason we didnt see the powerups explicitly on the covers is because its going to be huge!!!.and oda probably dont want to ruin the surprise.

Zeltrax
July 27, 2009, 08:10 AM
luffy didnt get a power up?
so whats hacki to you?
its true he is still learning, but we allready saw the huge potential off hacki.
the rest of te crew must and will catch up.im sure of it.
and the reason we didnt see the powerups explicitly on the covers is because its going to be huge!!!.and oda probably dont want to ruin the surprise.

Haki is haxx. Seriously, it's just like bleach's spiritual energy.
For me, it's a boring powerup. Hopefully thats not what oda is going to give him.
I agree with those saying that the strawhats will be gaining knowledge and experience, not powerups. :D

gao_dargon
July 27, 2009, 11:04 AM
i have to disagree, its not just like spiritual energy, or ki (wich is a regular on big shounen titles, Naruto has chakra) haki can make things harder, even make intangible things solid (makes you able to hit logia users) it does follow the aforementiond shounen formula, but its not the exact same thing

k-dom
July 27, 2009, 02:13 PM
Luffy haki was not a power up. He already had it before being sent to kuja island. And he didn't learn anything about that in kuja island (the only one that learn something about haki are us readers...). If kuma send him there so that he develops haki, he failed. At least so far.

ofir271
July 27, 2009, 08:02 PM
its true he allready had it but i thing he is starting to get used to it and use it more conciously.and even if its not a new move it will still make him stronger.

there are some differences but i see hacky more like elements in natuto and not chakra.naruto got much stronger after learning how to use his elements.he allready had it in him but he had to understand it and controll it.

usually oda takes his time developing moves and characters and i like that,but we didnt see the crew for a year now!!! some major developmant must happen.

gao_dargon
July 28, 2009, 12:30 AM
it has been a year allready??? damn, Oda sure can streach a time, i mean it hasn't been a week even since the execution was anounsed in the OP world, i sure hope that when the crew get back we don't jump to the powerup just like that, we need to have a backstory for each (and i dare to say that the cover storys just don't cover it)

BlindMunkey
July 28, 2009, 01:13 AM
it has been a year allready??? damn, Oda sure can streach a time, i mean it hasn't been a week even since the execution was anounsed in the OP world, i sure hope that when the crew get back we don't jump to the powerup just like that, we need to have a backstory for each (and i dare to say that the cover storys just don't cover it)

no way man it hasnt been a year since shabondy park arch. luffy made it to amazon lilly in 2 days. and when luffy left for ID.. ace was to be executed a week from now.. so there is not way its been a year.. its been about 10days. im pretty sure.

k-dom
July 28, 2009, 01:17 AM
I agree but The question is why kuma send them where he sent them ?
It may be a power up but if you take luffy case he hasn't shown any ( at least linked to kuma sending him to kuja island ).

gao_dargon
July 28, 2009, 01:30 AM
no way man it hasnt been a year since shabondy park arch. luffy made it to amazon lilly in 2 days. and when luffy left for ID.. ace was to be executed a week from now.. so there is not way its been a year.. its been about 10days. im pretty sure.

no, i mean i OUR time, since this arch started, but im not sure
its true he allready had it but i thing he is starting to get used to it and use it more conciously.and even if its not a new move it will still make him stronger.

there are some differences but i see hacky more like elements in natuto and not chakra.naruto got much stronger after learning how to use his elements.he allready had it in him but he had to understand it and controll it.

usually oda takes his time developing moves and characters and i like that,but we didnt see the crew for a `year now!!! some major developmant must happen. thats what i undestood of the post, maybe i got it wrong

BlindMunkey
July 28, 2009, 01:37 AM
no, i mean i OUR time, since this arch started, but im not sure thats what i undestood of the post, maybe i got it wrong

well i guess if that is what was meant.
sep, 08[chp 513] - july 08[chp 551]. almost a year.

but in manga its been just 10days or so. and to say they have gotten power ups in tht short time.. i doubt. its about the the experience they are going through. it will make them MENTALLY stronger hence being better at using haki and the rest will follow.

Akainu
July 28, 2009, 03:21 AM
I agree but The question is why kuma send them where he sent them ?
It may be a power up but if you take luffy case he hasn't shown any ( at least linked to kuma sending him to kuja island ).
maybe the whole purpose of this wasn't to give Luffy a powerup, but the revolutionaries. it would fit almost all the coverstories, that SH are up to change the world and Kuja for Luffy will do the same: draw Hancock on their side, against the marines.
That would also solve the "we won't see us again" by Kuma

k-dom
July 28, 2009, 02:57 PM
Yes I like the revolutionnary idea, also it's not very clear how you put Usopp in that

Poneglyph420
July 29, 2009, 09:54 PM
Maybe i'm crazy, but I think since Loguetown Dragon has been keeping tabs on the SH and Luffy. And is using that and the business in Marineford as a major smoke screen. Behind the scenes it's gonna get ugly. Perhaps the SH are being looked after by Dragon and those near to him. Even the unlikely members of the SH like usopp and nami would need further experience to handle what lies ahead. So I'm thinking Kuma could be an ally of Dragon and have done what he did to further "the cause".

So if the SH are inadvertently "agents" of the revolutionary army. They would need training before the "real" war began.
I think after Marineford we will see perhaps a full chapter or half for each SH explaining what happened.

Just a thought....

thefreak
August 03, 2009, 09:21 AM
As per now the Only SH in ongoing story is Luffy. And all other SH are in different locations.
1) Nami is at a weather Lab
Good place for her. Suitable for her character developement.
2)Ussop is in a strange jungle(got fat)
Can't say about it. No scope for character developement. Perhaps he will get physically strong a bit.
3)Zorro is with that weird girl from thriller bark.
Again cant say anything.
4) Sanji is on an Okama Island.:p
His worst nightmare comes true.
5)Franky is at Vegapunk's island
Excellent development sighted for franky. good for him perhaps he will get a powerup that will make him more worth than 44 mil.
6)Brook is with an Satan worshipping tribe.
???????????????????????????
7)Robin is in an Slave country with Revolutionary army.
Perhaps she will meet dragon?
8)Chopper is about to be eaten by a wild tribe.
Run Chopper Run

what do you think will be the next development in the SH crews?

merged with existing thread

gesgift
August 03, 2009, 03:18 PM
Usopp will probably learn a very good Sumo move, and that way he will beat the bodyguard of vegapunk (what's-his-name-again?)

chess4
August 03, 2009, 04:11 PM
nami and franky's upgrade is obvious. maybe the bettle man will teach usopp to fight with a spear or teach him how he got faster. robin will make connections, i dont think her power can be upgraded any. maybe the fruitcakes will teach sanji some karate techniques. maybe chopper learns how to control his 3 rumbleball transformation. zoro is in a strange castle. maybe he finds a new sword or learns some type of new technique.

Poneglyph420
August 03, 2009, 04:21 PM
Usopp vs Sentomaru.. interesting.. I don't think Usopp will stay that fat for the extent of the story. The point is Kuma sent Usopp to the Boin archipelago for a good reason. To continue his training.. What does he lack?? Strength, Bravery and confidence...
That's what he should come back with...becoming more like his dad.
each of them will strengthen their weakness' and gather information on the world and the revolutionaries....

@ the freak..it's all in last weeks post..with REAL names for the locations....

gesgift
August 20, 2009, 07:59 AM
Ussop can try to use the dials against Sentoumaru-kun, he just needed the body to do it, and now he has it :D

Ustegius
August 22, 2009, 02:54 AM
Namis, Frankys, and Brooks power-ups are obvious ones, but the else are still a mystery.

Usopp growing fat has been the most rigged "WTF?" moment in the cover arc this far. I wonder what significance it carries. Mine first idea was also that he is going to be match-up for Sentoumaru. But that pretty random, don't you think? The more you think about it, the basis that both are fat is pretty lousy excuse for a battle.

But I really like gesift's idea, the last part especially. Now he has a body to pack up the impact dial, strenghtening his defense.

Also, I bet you have noticed already, but Usopp is now probaply the longest Mugiwara. When he met Herakles, he was about half of his lenght (pretty much same when compared with Brook), now in the last cover page, Usopp was almost twice the leghnt of Herakles. That can't be for totally random reason, it must be specific. Or Oda just made a mistake, which I don't find very likely.

But part of me honestly hopes the size is only temporarily. Just think about poor Kaya if Usopp returns back that way... ^^

Shadoguardian
August 22, 2009, 06:12 AM
If Kuma sent them to those islands for the SH benefit's, then it must have been a sort of gamble. After Kuma had his secret conversation with Rayleigh, he did say he had his own doubts about this, indicating that where he sent them might have not been his own idea, hence the results might have been a gamble to see if they would have gotten stronger. It might have also served the purpose of making sure that the SH's didn't get involved in the WB war, since Kuma didn't expect to see them again.

k-dom
August 22, 2009, 06:02 PM
The story will not be finished until we saw them together again. Usopp getting fat is obviously a joke he won't stay like that. When we have seen all of them that will only make 10 chapter for the current arc, that is few given what we have seen so far so either there is a second round of cover story, either they will have dedicated chapters

Freakzin
August 22, 2009, 11:29 PM
I mean how many chapters are left? It's been shown, Sanji, Robin, Ussop, Franky, Chopper. So we still need to see Zoro, Nami, Brooke, that's just like 6 chapters away. Or 7/8 if you consider color spreads. So I guess the cover stories will be completed with all of them, cause let's take Bleach for an example. (not comparing, hate this crap): You can have 8 chapters in a War kinda place, and just explore the abilities and the fights. I think we could still have like 8 chapters before the SH's cover stories are completed, then they could appear I don't know..

Yans86
August 30, 2009, 09:38 AM
i forgot this...............in that link he said cyborg franky, tour power is just that. seems like at that moment he knew franky had to get stronger, and thus is why he sent him to vegapunks home island, as well as the other strawhats.

Franky should evolve at least at Pacifista level cause after this arc and possibly the next...fighters like Luffy,Zoro and Sanji will be on another whole level!!

elitefox
August 30, 2009, 10:03 AM
Franky should evolve at least at Pacifista level cause after this arc and possibly the next...fighters like Luffy,Zoro and Sanji will be on another whole level!!

I do also expect him to be able to incorporate the knowledge of vegapunk past researches on him or even manipulate it to be more powerful. but still, that is past researches, he has to do a lot of work

gesgift
August 30, 2009, 11:49 AM

Ofcoars Franky will eventually have to evolve to that level, but U can't ask Oda to, in just a week), give Franky a powerup to a level that a weak earlier needed both LuffyZorroSanji to beat with their strongest attacks... Not? But he will have to get stronger. Personally, I await Brook's evolution, he has a very promessing DF. But i predict it will be long before we'll see them again during a chapter...

Belisar
August 30, 2009, 12:26 PM
i can dig that............i think all the strawhats a due 2 more powerups including this one. i can see franky being that strong. i cant wait to see what sengoku and garp can do.
franky wasn't shown for long on the cover stories. i assumed back then that he will probably find an old workshop of vegapunk. i would like to see his new weapons and body. i find it kinda sadly that he almost never uses his laser. a laser shoot out between him and a pacifista would be cool.

oops, akainu. sorry, too late. ^^

Blanka
August 31, 2009, 07:32 PM
Nami was seen flying around in a balloon on sky island, robin was rescued by dragon's raiders, franky found what he is looking for on that island. Those three are done with their side adventures and will return first. The rest are stranded or recuperating still. We will not see the full crew back together for a while.

Akainu
September 01, 2009, 01:49 AM
Nami's not done yet, she only had one coverstory page so far and it's allways been two so far. Also, it's only the swordsmen left after that and with a max. plus of two weeks (one colour and one pause) it's only seven weeks until these series are done :o

karmapolice34525
September 28, 2009, 12:41 PM
Still, Sanji's case is bothering, I hope he won't become an Okama, but for 80% of the crew it is obviously fitting.

What does sanji fight with? his legs
What will he be doing most of his time with the okama? running away
Hmmm i wonder how that could make him stronger

ANBU4U
October 03, 2009, 04:24 AM
I've been wondering. What if Kuma didn't send them anywhere? What if the strawhats sent themselves?

Before sending Perona flying Kuma said "If you're going on a trip, where would you like to go?" what if he wasn't being facetious? What if the person being sent is really in control of the destination? Rather than simply knowing somehow where all the of the strawhats needed to be to get stronger what if the thought on every strawhats mind after they were launched was "I wish I was stronger, I want to get stronger" and that lead them to places where that was possible. Maybe Kuma helped them reject their surroundings...

Interesting no?

neomaster121
October 03, 2009, 03:33 PM
I've been wondering. What if Kuma didn't send them anywhere? What if the strawhats sent themselves?

Before sending Perona flying Kuma said "If you're going on a trip, where would you like to go?" what if he was being facetious? What if the person being sent is really in control of the destination? Rather than simply knowing somehow where all the of the strawhats needed to be to get stronger what if the thought on every strawhats mind after they were launched was "I wish I was stronger, I want to get stronger" and that lead them to places where that was possible. Maybe Kuma helped them reject their surroundings...

Interesting no?

lol but then sanji would ahve joined luffy

or was his caring for his male crew members combined with his love of women which brought him to okama island

maybe not sure i your theory could work
not all the places look like it would make the crew stronger

ANBU4U
October 03, 2009, 05:36 PM
lol but then sanji would ahve joined luffy

or was his caring for his male crew members combined with his love of women which brought him to okama island

maybe not sure i your theory could work
not all the places look like it would make the crew stronger

True True, just a thought I had.

And about Sanji........its not that he's an Okama, he just...has a maidens heart.

Poneglyph420
October 03, 2009, 06:31 PM
I really think somehow Kuma must have had some deeper knowledge of the SH. Sanji is hopefully not an Okama, but even moreso I hope he will lose his inability to attack women. He should still be a hopeless romantic, but not to the detriment of his fighting ability and crew.

Just a thought but maybe sending the Sh where he did was his last "task" as "tyrant Kuma". Possibly as a directive from the revolutionaries....
HMM??

ANBU4U
October 03, 2009, 07:20 PM
I really think somehow Kuma must have had some deeper knowledge of the SH. Sanji is hopefully not an Okama, but even moreso I hope he will lose his inability to attack women. He should still be a hopeless romantic, but not to the detriment of his fighting ability and crew.

Just a thought but maybe sending the Sh where he did was his last "task" as "tyrant Kuma". Possibly as a directive from the revolutionaries....
HMM??

Sanji will never hit a woman, just as Ussop will always be the weakest. Thats just how it will always be. Oda enjoys the handicaps, it helps im with his battle schemes.Keeps things interesting.

Poneglyph420
October 03, 2009, 11:32 PM
Sanji will never hit a woman, just as Ussop will always be the weakest. Thats just how it will always be. Oda enjoys the handicaps, it helps im with his battle schemes.Keeps things interesting.

I don't want the archetypes of the SH to change, but as the SH progress into the NW they will have to step up and continue to evolve. Up til now the stakes have risen step by step. If this is to continue not only will the SH need more power and ability, but maturity. So I guess we see it differently. I guess we have to see what Oda truly has in store..

But agreed if any of the SH were to rapidly change it would be shocking.

modoki
October 06, 2009, 01:37 PM
You know, i just thought about it why a few of the members are there that i didnt mention in my previous post.

Luffy - Even though the story revolves around him, luffy just needs to get STRONGER to protect his crew in the new world. Kuma was somehow aware of luffy's un-mastered haki, and preferred him to learn it from another whom already mastered the same haki type. Although at one point Blackbeard admired during luffy's gear 2nd battle his impressive haki, it's still not good enough. Infusing a mastered haki + gear 2 or 3 will have more powerful results. 20 points to kuma

Franky - This one is quite easy to figure out, after realizing there's an android now made from stronger material, franky needs to CONSTRUCT better and stronger. Hopefully by paying a visit to vegapunk's old house, he can achieve better knowledge of construction. Who knows, maybe he can rebuild a majority of his body using the same material from Kuma's design. In addition, learn secrets revolving around seastone. C'mon guys, if franky in the past was walking around at one time with the blueprints to reconstruct the pluton, imagine what else he can do with just an opportunity to learn more. Do your best pantyman! 10++ points for Kuma

Sanji - That running from those men are good training for his legs. Sanji already has speed, he just needs better FOOTWORK. Sanji is also a flirt machine, he needs to worry about the number of zeros in his bounty than the number of women he thinks he will get. 10 points to kuma

Usopp - It's extremely obvious, BRAVERY. Knowing usopp, he has very little of it. Eating fruits that are capable to eat him is a start mr lying long nose. One day when he meets Yasop again in the new world, Usopp needs to show him and the rest of the New World that the coward days are over. Remember Luffy vs Usopp? we need more of that type of bravery. 10 points to kuma

Robin - Apparently she is the ANTI-SOCIAL person of the group. In most of the group shots she is sometimes the only person not smiling. Where she is at now, she needs to learn to put her troubled past aside and understand that she needs to fully open up more. Being exposed to the horrors of slavery everyday life should do it. At least Robin has the opportunity to sail seas and visit many islands. 10 points to kuma

Nami - Well this is an easy one, Nami's current ATTACK AND NAVIGATION skills aren't enough. While staying at an island Blackbeard himself at one point thought was a legend, Nami now has the chance to learn attacks and think like a scientist now in navigation using "weather movements" and not a silly compass. Reference: Some sailors in the past times relied on the North Star to help determine where they were.
10 points for kuma

Brook - Im still quite unsure about this one but this is a wild guess. Apparently Brook can sing people to sleep, how about sing them to death? I think it will focus on playing MUSIC for even more deadly purposes. just a wild guess.
10 points for kuma

Zoro - Out of all the crew members minus luffy, i highly feel zoro should learn haki. In the meantime zoro can train by cutting up ghosts. Zoro can pretend these ghosts are different types of logia users that are untouchable. Being able to stop an untouchable enemy is one step forward in better a better SWORDSMAN.

Chopper - I need more info.

In the end, i dont really know how in the world kuma figured out each SW crew member's personal traits, but i dont think it was an accident either. It's like Dragon had an anonymous meeting with Kuma to tell him to perform such a risky task.

chess4
October 06, 2009, 01:41 PM
You know, i just thought about it why a few of the members are there that i didnt mention in my previous post.

Franky - This one is quite easy to figure out, after realizing there's an android now made from stronger material than franky. Hopefully by paying a visit to vegapunk's old house, he can achieve better knowledge of construction. Who knows, maybe he can rebuild a majority of his body using the same material from Kuma's design. In addition, learn secrets revolving around seastone. C'mon guys, if franky in the past was walking around at one time with the blueprints to reconstruct the pluton, imagine what else he can do with just an opportunity to learn more. Do your best pantyman! 10++ points for Kuma

Sanji - That running from those men are good training for his legs. Sanji already has speed, he just needs better footwork. Sanji is also a flirt machine, he needs to worry about the number of zeros in his bounty than the number of women he thinks he will get. 10 points to kuma

Usopp - It's extremely obvious, BRAVERY. Knowing usopp, he has very little of it. Eating fruits that will eat you is a start mr lying long nose. One day when he meets Yasop again in the new world, Usopp needs to show him and the rest of the New World that the coward days are over. Remember Luffy vs Usopp? we need more of that type of bravery. 10 points to kuma

Robin - Apparently she is the anti-social person of the group. In most of the group shots she is sometimes the only person not smiling. Where she is at now, she needs to learn to put her troubled past aside and understand that she needs to fully open up more. At least Robin has the opportunity to sail seas and visit many islands. She needs a child who has nothing to open her eyes more. 10 points to kuma

Nami - Well this is an easy one, Nami's current attack list aren't enough. While staying at an island Blackbeard himself at one point thought was a legend, Nami now has the chance to learn attacks and think like a scientist now in navigation using "weather movements" and not a silly compass. Reference: Some sailors in the past times relied on the North Star to help determine where they were.

10 stars for kuma

i agree with everyone except for robin and sanji. i think sanji may learn some modified okama kenpo techs. i dont think robin can become stronger. i think since she is with the revoluniary army, she will make importany connections for the strawhats in the future

evozoku
October 21, 2009, 05:08 PM
Has anyone figured out the location of Zoro?

I believe he's in Mihawk's homeland! Dracule (or Dracula?) Mihawk. It looks like a misty, Transelvania type country with the castle and all. Plus there's the large cross.

So the reason now seems a bit more obvious for sending him THERE (rather than sending him to who). Perhaps he's going to have to fight something that Mihawk fought that will help him become stronger (see the giant creature with a sword on chapter 560 cover).

As for why Perona is there, I suspected that he will have to improve his spirit to the point of overcoming even the negative ghosts, and then defeat his enemies.

Gats
October 24, 2009, 07:54 AM
About Sanji : I do not agree about the Okama tempo stuff, or at least it's only one reason.

I have another one : Sanji's thinking.

He venerates women, whoever they are, but maybe he never respect them for what they truly are. He was sent in an island of MEN with an heart of WOMAN/GIRL, they are girls inside them. If Sanji understand what is a real woman, he would be able, for the first time of his life, to fight women.

In the new world he'll surely met women who are not girly (or girl inside them) at all and very bad, and he'll be able to, defend himself or fight them for the sake of his crew unlike before. :amuse

cippy
November 29, 2009, 05:25 PM
Sanji will learn somthing about Okama kempo
Just look here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/543/01/ you can see Ivankov in the left.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/543/07/ and here we see Ivankov really knows how to kick.
But i really hope Sanji wont loose that perv attitude of his ... I just miss that Nami-swaaaan :D
Chopper i think he must have enough will power to control monster point.. its something like when luffy took those shadows and he could still handle them.
Usopp i dont think he did eat a devil fruit but maybe food there is rich in proteins so he will have to work hard to become normal again and that means more muscles ^^ . And oda didnt introduce heracles for nothing he will teach or at least give usopp an hint about how make a better use of ranged weapons. And this is also a test of bravery for him.
But he will still be the weakest among the SH.
I'm looking forward for the day when Usopp will be able to take on guys like BB's sniper or that guy from the filler in anime in longuetown.
Robin Well.. i agree with chess4 here
ZoroI hope he will learn to cut things like then in alabasta so he will cut through px's like they were nothing.
Brook Will compose a song the will make people show their panties :D :D :D
Franky He will shoot BEEAAAAMS

I hope all of them reunite together at the same time.. I'd love to see them all aproaching from different ways Reyleight's house .. And then each of them telling their own adventures. Anyway this will happen in the best cast in January.

bittman
November 29, 2009, 05:49 PM
How come people are still predicting Zoro is there to train when some ominous shadow was bearing down on him? I expect Zoro to return with new damage or something given the sillouette with the sword coming at him. A bit disappointing actually since I was just hoping he'd fully recover. We haven't seen a fully recovered Zoro since his initial fight with Kuma (like 100 chapters ago?)

urlaub
November 30, 2009, 09:55 AM
I agree with evozoku on Zoro's matter. This could probably be Mihawk's homeland Dracula or Transilvania or something. Would be cool, but the only thing I have with this is that Mihawk wears a kimono in chapter 0, but the transilvanian style is more fitting to his current look. Maybe it isn't a kimono after all.
Plus I think Mihawk has the vampire vampire fruit, whatever zoan or paramecia. Expect a flying bat soon:)

ZenoArmani
November 30, 2009, 04:47 PM
I thought that Moria and the shadow/mirror image stealing was Oda's vampire reference? Mihawk has a cross (protection against vampires) theme, so if he comes from the same part of the world as Moria, he would more fit as a vampire hunter.

Gats
December 14, 2009, 05:14 AM
About Brook : I just notice that the enemies of the village where he landed have all the same kind of arms as Apoo (the Supernova Captain musician). For me it seems obvious that Brook is here to improve his music strikes, more than the swordskill.

Apoo arms :
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/498/15/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/504/03/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/509/17/

The kidnappers arms that Brook met in the island :
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/557/01/

edit : just notice that Luffy is the only one who left the island...without learning anything (yeah he saw Haki but he didn't care....Poor Kuma ><)

zagorka
December 14, 2009, 06:37 AM
While I know and agree with most of what you guys said, I'm more concerned as to why Kuma sent them away, besides making them possibly stronger? Is it because he gauged their abilities as not being entirely ready for the New World? But again, why? Why was he willing to help the SH's? My only guess is that he was around during Roger's time and he noticed a similarity between them, in which he felt a soft spot for them.

As for Luffy not learning anything... I'm sure it will after the war.

Gats
December 14, 2009, 07:32 AM
Kuma compared Luffy with Dragon and Iva is an old friend. We also knows that he hates the WG. He just understood that Luffy is Dragon son and that he arrived a little too soon for the New World so he helped him without being accused of treason by the WG.

Lord Rayleigh
December 14, 2009, 01:54 PM
About Brook : I just notice that the enemies of the village where he landed have all the same kind of arms as Apoo (the Supernova Captain musician). For me it seems obvious that Brook is here to improve his music strikes, more than the swordskill.

Apoo arms :
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/498/15/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/504/03/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/509/17/

The kidnappers arms that Brook met in the island :
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/557/01/

It's been confirmed for a while. I remember the first MH member to tell us about that was zerocooldx.

Gats
December 14, 2009, 02:02 PM
Well I found myself too lazy to read all the pages so I read quickly the three first pages and the three last pages. :amuse

Lord Rayleigh
December 14, 2009, 03:48 PM
Well I found myself too lazy to read all the pages so I read quickly the three first pages and the three last pages. :amuse
I did not mean to offend you, sorry. Just to say you're right and that's confirmed.