PDA

View Full Version : Powers Seimei Kikan (Life Feedback)

SantouryuZoro
November 03, 2008, 02:14 PM
So far we know for sure that Kumadori and Lucci can use Seimei Kikan.

As far as I can tell, Sandersonia's "Snake Hair Possession" seems to be a form of Seimei Kikan.

I'm wondering if the ability to generate fire for an attack is also a form of Seimei Kikan, since I can't think of any other logic behind Marigold's "Salamander."

The only actual evidence I have for this my theory that Zoro's Ichi Gorilla and Ni Gorilla are a form of Seimei Kikan, and he also uses techniques that generate fire out of nowhere, such as his "Flying Dragon Blaze" in the TB arc. It's not perfect logic, but it seems to make sense...

Razh
November 03, 2008, 03:06 PM
I'm wondering if the ability to generate fire for an attack is also a form of Seimei Kikan, since I can't think of any other logic behind Marigold's "Salamander."

Gee, I don't know, she could have used matches to light her hair up.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/520/10/

Just check her hands...

Real question is how does her hair stay undamaged, but I guess it probably has something to do with Haki.

The only actual evidence I have for this my theory that Zoro's Ichi Gorilla and Ni Gorilla are a form of Seimei Kikan, and he also uses techniques that generate fire out of nowhere, such as his "Flying Dragon Blaze" in the TB arc. It's not perfect logic, but it seems to make sense...

Maybe. They don't have to be. A lot of characters in One Piece have demonstrated some weird techniques.
And Zoro doesn't use techniques which generate fire out of nowhere. It happened only once. Maybe it was just a combination of a dry zombie body and heated blade (lol, just making an example).
Until Zoro manages to do it again, I'll remain skeptic.

bittman
November 03, 2008, 06:37 PM
Ew, no.

Marigold is a Salamander type, Salamanders are mythical creatures said to be able to create/be on fire. It would be 100% her devil fruit, though I might allow a Haki bonus in there if it must.
Sandersonia's Snake Hair possession is just a play on the Gorgon myth in which they are depicted with snakes in their hair.
Zoro putting his sword on fire and getting big biceps is just a concentration of awesome.

Really, I'll tell you this about Oda. He may be able to make mysteries out of thin air with character development, but when it comes to battles he is happy to make things as imaginative as possible without having to explain every little thing. I mean, I still haven't see Arlong's water bullet thing explained, but it hasn't kept me awake at night for the last 400 chapters.

Razh
November 04, 2008, 02:26 AM
Really, I'm curious how come nobody tried to explain Lulu's hair with Haki too.

Crenzel
November 04, 2008, 05:27 AM
Ew, no.

Marigold is a Salamander type, Salamanders are mythical creatures said to be able to create/be on fire. It would be 100% her devil fruit, though I might allow a Haki bonus in there if it must.

I thought Marigold was a King Cobra type?
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/519/02/

bittman
November 04, 2008, 06:44 AM
Oops my bad there. Her attack was salamander, so I forgot she was a King Cobra. To note, salamanders are lizards anyway....

Still not ruling out that it's part of her DF, but now that you've brought that up it's more likely to be a Haki attack.

Absolutio
November 04, 2008, 08:09 AM
It might be her setting on fire her oily lizard skin and controling it with her Haki, coz obviously, she did lite something up.

gao_dargon
November 04, 2008, 11:55 AM
sorry but what is kikan haha i forgot

paradoxe
November 06, 2008, 08:18 AM
Kumadori's body control techniques.

Jaggerjack
December 13, 2008, 07:52 PM

I always figured that the "Flying Dragon Blaze" was able to catch enemies on fire b/c of intense friction at the moment of impact.

Jiggy-Ninja
November 10, 2009, 08:06 PM
Gee, I don't know, she could have used matches to light her hair up.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/520/10/

Just check her hands...

Real question is how does her hair stay undamaged, but I guess it probably has something to do with Haki.

Maybe. They don't have to be. A lot of characters in One Piece have demonstrated some weird techniques.
And Zoro doesn't use techniques which generate fire out of nowhere. It happened only once. Maybe it was just a combination of a dry zombie body and heated blade (lol, just making an example).
Until Zoro manages to do it again, I'll remain skeptic.
To be fair, some people (like me), might not notice things like that.

Her ability to not get burned may be related to how Sanji can use Diable Jambe without getting burned too.

RichardMNixon
November 10, 2009, 08:27 PM
So the fire itself has a mundane cause but what about the hair snakes? My initial impression was that it was just a special ability of the zoan, but if it is semei kikan, could it be like mantra insofar as people may call something that's actually haki by another name?

mr.danly
November 13, 2009, 08:13 PM
To be fair, some people (like me), might not notice things like that.

Her ability to not get burned may be related to how Sanji can use Diable Jambe without getting burned too.

Oda tends to not explain those kinds of things. When somebody asked Oda how Sanji can use it without getting burned, Oda merely answered "because the passion of his heart is so hot, he barely feels the heat!" Oda clearly isn't trying to explain everything that he uses in his battles. It's a manga. Sometimes, things that are physically impossible happen.

madmotoristmonk
November 14, 2009, 05:08 PM
seimei kikan is said to be a skill attained by a devout who trains on a mountain for a hundred years, gaining the abilities of a sage from the tips of his toes to the hair on his head...or somesuch nonsense said by kumadori

point is, we've mostly seen seimei kikan (or atleast most likely seimei kikan) performed by the following characters who either have an element of mysticism, training, etc to them:

Kumador-obvious
Rob Lucci- he mastered every other Rokushi form, why not?
Kaku-Altering body like that PASTA MACHINE!(or maybe just concetraed funny?)
Zoro- Gorilla techniques (i'd still be open to the idea of just sheer Machismo though)
Uroge- jose conseco form ('cause a df that makes you buff is lamer than Erik the Whirlwind)

an interesting thing you made me think of though: what if the "partial transformation" we've seen some zoan users do (Marco, Laffiete) is another form used in conjunction with a DF? I always thought Chopper would learn it and no longer need his rumble balls to alter his physical makeup.

beastboy
November 22, 2009, 09:53 AM
Rob Lucy did use Semei kikkan, when he turned is leopard form smaller...
I think the name of the tequenich was Semei Kikkan kamei... (not sure about it)!!

Jiggy-Ninja
November 22, 2009, 12:02 PM
Rob Lucy did use Semei kikkan, when he turned is leopard form smaller...
I think the name of the tequenich was Semei Kikkan kamei... (not sure about it)!!
Seimei Kikkan: Kamie Bushin

beastboy
November 23, 2009, 08:20 AM
Almost right :)
So I guess Seimei Kikkan is something we get with lots of training :D
NOT HAKI

Razh
November 23, 2009, 10:22 AM
Rokushiki involves users training their physical abilities to their limits. Drawing the most out of some latent abilities.
Haki is more of a spiritual thing I guess.