PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Mysteries of One Piece

bittman
November 03, 2008, 06:55 PM
Well after being here for a long time I've seen many threads dedicated to a mystery in One Piece, but given the sheer size of the series it's hard to keep track of every single mystery in Oda's fantasia.

The aim of this thread is to gather all the possible mysteries of One Piece that have been lurking in our minds, whether recent mysteries which could be answered in the next chapter, or things that have been plaguing our minds since Romance Dawn. I won't post my own, because I'll just sit here and make a list of a couple of hundred questions and not leave you with any fun.

Of course, this thread could get out of hand so I only have two requests:
1) Don't turn this into a discussion about the mysteries, but answering something someone may have thought of as a mystery is allowed.
2) Post questions that are mysteries and not just facts we are missing, something suited to the Davy Back forum or predictions:

Good - "Who is Dandan?" , "Who is Luffy's mother?", "What is the One Piece?" (I'll put these up myself)
Bad - "What is Whitebeard's Devil Fruit?", "Is Ace stronger than Enel?", "Is Blackbeard using the World Government?"

Depending on how much response this thread gets, I'll probably alphabetise the list, group common themes and maybe even link to threads where the mysteries are being discussed (though I recomend the Index (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10510) for all your thread needs). Users will be credited with their questions.

Mysteries of One Piece:

Who is Dandan?
What is the One Piece?
What does the D. stand for? (darkband)
What is the name of the country Clover was talking about? (darkband)
What is the motivation of the Revolutionaries? (rhaven/Imitorar)
What was the Void century? What has been voided from history? (LoS)
What is Posidien? Where is it hidden if it still exists? (LoS)
How many Ancient Warships are there? (Absolutio)
What was the shadow in the Florian Triangle? (paradoxe)
Who are the parents of many of the Strawhats? (includes Luffy (mother only), Zoro (both), Nami (both), Sanji (both), Robin (father), Franky (both), Brooke (both)) [could be expanded]
What are Kuma's motives in saving the Strawhat's? (rhaven + paradoxe)
How long have the Three World Powers existed? (paradoxe)
How does the World Government's hierarchy and governing system work? (paradoxe)
What are the minimum requirements for becoming a Shichibukai? (paradoxe)
What is the World Government's control and authority over the world? (paradoxe)
Is Raftel inhabited? (paradoxe)
Why have people not reached Raftel in reverse? (paradoxe)
What does the Strawhat represent to Shanks? (paradoxe)
What are the true backgrounds of the Supernova's? [could be expanded] (paradoxe)
How many Vice-Admirals are there? (paradoxe)
What's with Sanji's Left Eye? (ZeroChrome)
Does the All Blue exist? (gao_dargon)
What was Gol D. Roger's sickness, and how did he get it? (gao_dargon)
Are Luffy and Ace actually full brothers? (gao_dargon)
How many Devil Fruits are there? (gao_dargon)
How did they write a book on Devil Fruits and their powers? (gao_dargon)
Where do Devil Fruits come from? (gao_dargon)
Can the Rumble Ball be used on other Devil Fruit users? (gao_dargon)
Why is the Grand Line created so unique from the rest of the world? (k-dom)

darkband
November 03, 2008, 07:19 PM
Here's some big ones:

1.What does the D. stand for?
2.What is the name of the country Clover was talking about?

rhaven
November 03, 2008, 11:43 PM
some quick ones:
who are the revolutionaries?
what was kuma's purpose

--Edit--
Who is Pandaman?

Imitorar
November 03, 2008, 11:59 PM
The Revolutionaries are a group led by Dragon that want to topple the World Government, obviously. Unless you mean "What is the motivation of the Revolutionaries?" And Pandaman is a character Oda created for a Kinikuman contest when he was a kid, who he now uses for "Easter Egg" hidden cameo appearances in One Piece. That's really more or less all there is to him.

LoS
November 04, 2008, 04:09 AM
What is the Void Century, what was voided?

What is Posiedon, where is it hidden?

bittman
November 04, 2008, 06:30 AM
C'mon guys, way more than this.

Thanks Imitorar for clearing up rhaven's mysteries. I also took your suggestion for the question into the mystery list.

Rhaven, could you also clear up your question? What was Kuma's purpose is pretty broad. Is it in saving the Strawhats from Kizaru, leaving Zoro with the pain, becoming a Shichibukai, etc?

Reworded your question a little LoS, makes it a bit clearer, though perhaps more ambiguous at the same time.

rhaven
November 04, 2008, 07:52 AM
Hi, I guess what I meant by the Kuma mystery is this: If Kuma is a cyborg programmed b Vegapunk, why does he allow the Strawhats to escape. Is he going against his programming or following it?

Absolutio
November 04, 2008, 08:07 AM
What is Posiedon, where is it hidden?
Posiedon=Pluton=Name for an ancient "weapon"=An ancient warship that's said to have the deadliest force.
The whole CP9 thing with Robin and Franky was about the ancient weapons and their possible revival..

Where is it hidden?
Well, first of all we need to ask ourselves how many ancient warships are there to start with?
Is Posiedon just another name for Pluton, meaning they are the same ship, or is Posiedon is another warship with the same design, meaning there are two ancient warships..
And if they're hidden for so long, it must be some special secret location that the WG can't get their hands on - for example, a sky island, Raftel, secret/hidden islands that don't have magnetic forces in them (in the grandline).
[hr]
Here is some mystery/question I have..
How does selling the grandline in the opposite way work?
Lets say if you start in the middle of grandline, and you want to sail "backwards".. How does it work, since in each island you get the magnetic field of the island and the next one, so the arrow would lead to the next island, and the back of the arrow would lead to the current (or while journing to the next, the previous).

paradoxe
November 04, 2008, 10:05 AM
What was the thing in the Florian Triangle?

And it'd be nice to know more of all the SH's backgrounds. Like family etc.

What are Kuma's motives?

How long have the Three World Power system existed?

What are the minimum requirements for application to the Shichibukai?

Who actually leads the WG? The Gorosei? What if they disagree with each other?

How much authority does the WG actually have in the individual kingdoms and islands? Do they have no authority at all in the New World?

Whos the King of Elbaf? How powerful is he actually?

Does anyone live on Raftel?

Why is it impossible to walk across Reverse Mountain to get to Raftel? -.-

What does the Straw hat represent? Why was it so important to Shanks?

What is Gol D Roger's treasure (One Piece)?

It'd be nice to know more about the Supernova exploits.

Are there any other notable pirates aside from the Shichibukai and Yonkou? Who are they?

How many Vice Admirals are there? How powerful are they?
[hr]

What is the motivation of the Revolutionaries?

To overthrow the WG ofcourse.

Isn't it a tad bit obvious?

ZeroChrome
November 04, 2008, 10:09 AM
Super mystery:

What's with Sanji's left eye? :blink

I've read somewhere that it's one of the seven wonders of OP. dunno where I read that though :p

Akainu
November 04, 2008, 10:28 AM
Here is some mystery/question I have..
How does selling the grandline in the opposite way work?
Lets say if you start in the middle of grandline, and you want to sail "backwards".. How does it work, since in each island you get the magnetic field of the island and the next one, so the arrow would lead to the next island, and the back of the arrow would lead to the current (or while journing to the next, the previous).

One way to make that possible would be an "eternal pose". these always point to one and the same island. though surely not everyone can get one of these and we haven't seen the only group traveling "backwards" use one (the rolling pirates).

an interesting additional question to this: if they travel that way they are bound to hit the red line / reverse mountain. they can't enter the blues (marines could) so are they going "forward" again? technically there are enough magnet routes to go.

Fox666
November 04, 2008, 11:24 AM
They may come back, didn't?
The marines and Hancock can travel the Calm Belt... how does they can't go to Raftel?

How long have the Three World Power system existed?Jimbei became a Shichibukai 8 years ago... the Yonkou cannot left the NW, but 10 years ago Shanks where in Luffy's hometown...

What are the minimum requirements for application to the Shichibukai?Being enough recognized as someone powerfull and influent. Enough to scary another pirates and keep the balance with the Yonkou.

Who actually leads the WG? The Gorosei? What if they disagree with each other?Yes, they lead it... they are politics, what if two politics disagree with each other?

How much authority does the WG actually have in the individual kingdoms and islands? Do they have no authority at all in the New World?The NW is totally lawless...

Does anyone live on Raftel?Possible.

gao_dargon
November 04, 2008, 11:50 AM
does all blue exist??
Zoro is an orfan??
how did Gol got sick??
Ace is really Luffy's brother??
how many devil fruits are there??
Where does the devil fruits come from??
if there is only one fruit of each, how come they allready know wich is wich, (or more elaborate, how did the book of DF was writen??)
if you are a DF user and you die, the devil fruit grows again in its original place??
what would happend if Luffy eats a rumblle ball??

Dice
November 04, 2008, 01:26 PM
How the hell is Oda always able to surprise everybody?

k-dom
November 04, 2008, 04:43 PM
One way to make that possible would be an "eternal pose". these always point to one and the same island. though surely not everyone can get one of these and we haven't seen the only group traveling "backwards" use one (the rolling pirates).

an interesting additional question to this: if they travel that way they are bound to hit the red line / reverse mountain. they can't enter the blues (marines could) so are they going "forward" again? technically there are enough magnet routes to go.

I think that the grand line working is itself a big net of misteries (the magnetic roads, the logpose, the calm belt, the season islands...)

bittman
November 04, 2008, 06:03 PM
Okay, updated the first post. I'm definately going to need to group questions under headings, I've already merged a couple of similar questions.

I've also taken liberty with some of the questions to make them cover the mystery a bit better or turn it into more of a question format. If the question wasn't put up, it wasn't a mystery as much as either a guess, prediction or open debate.

What wasn't put up (probably missed something here):
* How does Sailing the grandline the opposite way work? (Answered by Akainu)
* Authority in the New World by WG? (Not answered well enough by Ilovefoxes, there is no evidence to say the entire New World is lawless. How boring would 30 islands like Jaya be after all? I did change the question a bit and put it in though)
* Are there any notable pirates besides Yonkou and Shichibukai? Who are they? (Not a mystery, since no evidence or hints exists and thus more a prediction or question)
* How powerful are VA's? (power question, no thx)
* Akainu's "going forward" again question? (don't quite get what you're saying...)

So yeah, some mysteries changed, some already answered, some not really mysteries and even added a couple given the discussion generated (thanks k-dom). Next time I add, I'll probably group them into categories like:
* Fun mysteries
* Strawhat mysteries
* Government mysteries
* Historical mysteries
* Marine mysteries
* Pirate mysteries
* Devil Fruit mysteries
* World mysteries

Also should note, there are a lot of broad mysteries here, but very little concerning character development. Don't you also wonder about the true course of Moria and Kaidou's battle? That's a mystery too, just not something about the world structure.

Yabe
November 07, 2008, 04:08 AM
Your question about the true course of Moria & Kaidou's battle, plus:
- why were Gan Fall and Eneru the only people from Sky island who don't have wings?
- Gan Fall said that there's another more normal way to go to Skypiea aside from the Knock-up stream, so where is that route?

Diosjenin
November 07, 2008, 04:12 AM
Mm. I was wondering about Moria v. Kaidou myself. One would have to assume Moria worked under his own power (i.e. no massive superzombies to aid him - and quite possibly no magic scissors, either)... but we've never been given any examples of what Moria can do with just his own power other than absorbing shadows he already has some level of control over. Can he control shadows he hasn't stolen? Can he steal them without cumbersome scissors? Can he create or destroy them? On and on it goes.

But we've seen hints at the power of a Yonkou (most recently Rayleigh, who as former second mate to the Pirate King one would assume is roughly at Yonkou-level power), and they can most likely put a Shichibukai to shame - especially one with obvious, tangible physical weaknesses like Moria. One would have to assume that for a Moria v. Yonkou match, Moria would have to have messed with Kaidou's shadow beforehand (or stolen the shadow[s] of some of Kaidou's upper crewmates, maybe) to make the match even close.

Heck, we don't even know what happened between himself and Kaidou in the first place...

As for my own questions:

1) If (presumably) only Vegapunk knows how to discern the names and powers of Devil's Fruits, why are there named Devil's Fruits out in the wild?

This is a biggie. It's been largely established that Vegapunk is responsible for the technology that allows one to 'scan' a Devil's Fruit to see what power/demon it contains without actually eating it. It's also obvious, given the constant references to the 'book of Fruits' and the fact that Shanks knew Luffy's fruit, that this technology has been around for some time. However, given Vegapunk's employer, this also means that the WG should have a lock on the technology's use. So why do pirates know what fruits are, too?

If Vegapunk's discovery process doesn't actually necessitate having the fruit on your person to 'scan' it, it answers the question above but is a farily dubious technology. It also leaves open the question of why the 'book of Fruits' would be incomplete and has no logical answer, so I'm calling this one wrong.

There might also be a way outside of Vegapunk's technology to discern fruit names, but given that Oda himself has specifically suggested that Vegapunk's fruit tech was around at the time Luffy ate the (known) Gomu fruit, it would be somewhat silly to believe that another method would exist. So I'm calling this one wrong too.

However, assuming the Fruit scanner (or whatever it is) does necessitate the fruit's presence (by far the most likely case), that raises an even bigger question: Why are Devil's Fruits that have passed through WG hands out in the wild? Shouldn't the WG logically want to keep pirates from getting their hands on Fruits - as well as use them to bolster the power in their own ranks? Is Vegapunk's Fruit scanner available to people outside the WG? If so, how did that leave WG hands? Or, barring the scanner's public availability, might there be someone - or several people - inside the WG close to Vegapunk who is/are smuggling Fruits out? And who would even attempt such an act of treason from within the WG, much less get away with it?

2) Who published the book of Devil's Fruits?

One would presume given the circumstances and questions raised in the Mystery above this one that the WG would be the only logical source of knowledge for all known Fruits and powers. Why, then, would they allow that information to become public? Wouldn't someone think that it might encourage the dreamers of the world to become pirates to try and find one?

Side note - answer to Number of Devil's Fruits:

Each Fruit is given a name consisting of two Japanese phonetic characters. There are 46 characters in the Japanese phonetic (hiragana) alphabet. One (romanized as 'wo') functions as a grammar placement only and does not exist as part of any Japanese words, leaving 45 characters. Assuming a) no character repeats within Fruit titles and b) all two-character combinations exist as Japanese words or onomatopoeias, we are left with E(44+43+42+...+2+1) = the sum of integers n from 1 to 44 = n(n+1)/2 = 44(45)/2 = 45*22 = 990 fruits.

Obviously this does not take into account certain Zoan Fruits that may have several models. Since there is no known account of the possible types of Zoan Fruits, nor is there any known limit of models per Zoan (nor do all Zoan fruits necessarily have to have many distinct models - or at least there probably isn't a Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Neanderthal), this is a fairly unquantifiable number to estimate. However, assuming perhaps twenty common animals or animal classifiers (dog, cat, cow, snake, bird, ancient, etc.) and maybe ten to fifteen models per animal (should be obvious enough), we can make a rough guess at 20((10+15)/2) = 250 total Zoan models, or 250+(990-20) = 1220 total Devil's Fruits (most likely a low number due to the unquantifiable but probably low estimation of Zoan fruits).

Which raises another interesting question.

3) How long have Devil's Fruits actually existed/been available?

Let's be honest - a lot of people in the One Piece world have these things. We have 24 known Paramecia (and 7-9 unknown), 13 known Zoan (and 1 unknown), and 7 known Logia - that's 52-54 Fruits by only the first half of the Grand Line. Extrapolate that to the second half, account for another few we may witness before crossing over, and you have maybe 110 Fruits being seen in just this generation of the OP world - which spans maybe thirty years, and would not account for Fruit users that we simply will not witness due to the fact that we have six other paths along the Grand Line that we cannot see all of. Moreover, we have no reason to assume that Fruit consumption at any other generation in time has been any lower.

Let's try accounting for unseen Fruit users in the current OP world by tripling the number we've seen thus far. (Paths do eventually converge - seven goes to one for ~3.5 paths overall, and we've seen some from other paths in the form of the Supernovae, so we can take that down to roughly 3x the amount we'll get to see). This gives us ~330 fruits consumed in one generation of 30 years.

If there's really ~1220 Fruits in existence, and assuming that a given power truly is lost to the rest of the world forever upon consumption, that would put the duration of their existence at roughly 3.7 generations of 30 years apiece, or about 111 years. Even that lifespan assumes that they actually came into existence ~111 years ago and that what we see of them now are the last of the Devil's Fruits - as this is most likely not the case, that lifespan decreases even further, probably to somewhere between 80-50 years old.

In the best-case scenario, a distorted bell-curve could be used to log the progression of Fruit availability. If the current 30-year generational span is taken to be the height of the curve, that still only gives Fruits an existence on the lower end of the hundreds of years mark - likely several hundred years after the WG came into existence.

In any case, Fruits likely could not have existed for all eternity. So how long has it been? If there's a set date, where did they actually originate from?

There's one possible answer to this entire set of questions, which is to throw out the assumption that Fruit powers are totally lost upon consumption. It may very well be the case that when a Fruit user dies, the power is released from their body and returns to it's 'source' - i.e. wherever it is that they come from. This assumption is only supported by statements from characters who themselves don't know much about Fruits, and could very well be false. So:

4) Is gaining a Devil's Fruit power reversible in any way?

As for character mysteries...

5) Seeing as she'd never been to the Grand Line, how did Nico Robin come across her fruit?

This was never explained or hinted at. I want to know.

6) Does Sengoku have a Logia power? Akainu? What is it/are they?

The two Admirals we've actually encountered do. They're more or less the WG's most powerful in-house force... and Sengoku was an Admiral once. There's no real reason to believe that either he or Akainu don't have Logia's of their own. We certainly haven't seen any Paramecia so staggeringly invulnerable...

7) When Ace is released (get real, Oda's not killing him off), will he rejoin the Whitebeard pirates or join the Strawhats?

To some extent that depends on who frees him, I suppose. If Luffy frees him before Whitebeard gets the chance to, I imagine Ace will be pretty torn about who to continue on with...

8) Why would Hancock agree to be a Shichibukai when the WG continues to allow the free reign of her former captors, the Tenryuubito?

I mean, come on, isn't that a pretty massive conflict of interest on her part? Or, faced with WG ships suddenly able to cross the Calm Belt, did she join in the interest of potentially keeping her people out of the Tenryuubito's hands? (She's shown no interest in keeping her people protected from war, so slavery would be the next best idea, but there's still some logical and plot gaps there...).

9) Vegapunk can whip up Devil's Fruit identifiers and cyborgs. He can't invent boat motors?

Seriously? You have cyborgs and your ships still use sails. For that matter, they're still made out of wood. I know the WG is a massive organization and likely a thick bureaucracy is involved. I know that in said bureaucracies, basic needs often go unfulfilled and wacky defense spending projects get way more money than they should. Still... get your priorities straight.

10) Will Franky get upgrades from Vegapunk's technology if (when) the Strawhats meet him?

Oda's already hinted that, at some point, the Strawhats will likely meet up with the mad doc. Franky stands to benefit most from that, doesn't he?

More as I think of them.

- Diosjenin -

Raysen_ht
November 07, 2008, 08:15 AM
How many sky islands exit?

Why did Drake leave the marines?

How does the balance of the 3 powers really work?
(I mean, the WG need all 3 admirals plus all 7 shishi just to fight WB?? So that means that any of the Youkou can fight evenly against the WG, or that they are just trying to be extra carefull while dealing with WB? Plus, the WG cant trust the Shishi... in more than one ocasion they have shown that they would not follow the rules)

more questions to come...

Nice thread Bittman!! :thumbs

Dice
November 07, 2008, 04:30 PM
Just read some old chapters and now I have a question: What's with Gin? Will we really see him again? Since the SH reach the new world pretty soon he has to be in the new world....
Mhh if this thing deserves to be a mystery? Actually it's the same with some other characters (Buggy, Smoker etc. but it's pretty clear that we will see them again but I don't know about Gin)

Fox666
November 07, 2008, 06:27 PM
That's not truly a mistery... is nothing happens, he may be just dead...

k-dom
November 15, 2008, 04:02 AM
Side note - answer to Number of Devil's Fruits:

Each Fruit is given a name consisting of two Japanese phonetic characters. There are 46 characters in the Japanese phonetic (hiragana) alphabet. One (romanized as 'wo') functions as a grammar placement only and does not exist as part of any Japanese words, leaving 45 characters. Assuming a) no character repeats within Fruit titles and b) all two-character combinations exist as Japanese words or onomatopoeias, we are left with E(44+43+42+...+2+1) = the sum of integers n from 1 to 44 = n(n+1)/2 = 44(45)/2 = 45*22 = 990 fruits.

Hum that count is not correct, you forgot that japanese has also "unpure" sounds which make the number of characters up to 104 and not 46. And the count is not 45+44+... it is 45*44 (45 choices for the first one, and one less for the second since you don't want double characters which is not that obvious for me). And I do not divide by too because AB and BA are both plausible
so that leads to 10172 (which is a bit overestimated since the N sound can not be used to begin a word)
And I didn't count the fact that japanese has also long and short sounds which multiply the result by 2

monkey D luffy
November 17, 2008, 02:31 AM
i have quite a few things to talk about and i didnt want to open up tons of discussions so they are all going to be inside this thread. lets start shall we?

gum gum no mi:

before we start this discussion i just want to catagorize the DFs once again so that if i have a mistake its because of definition.
so we have:
zoan- the power to transform to an animal form, can be used on living objects (aka humans) or non-living objects (for exemple a gun). human is considered a zoan type too.
logia- elemental (so far we know only of elemental types and yes im considering sand as element), can turn the whole body of the user to the element of the fruit with the exception of darkness.
paramecia- every other power that doesnt fit in the zoan or logia zones.

so by the definition of logia we can that luffy's gum gum no mi is actually a logia rather then paramecia. why is that? because luffy entire body is made of rubber and he doesnt switch it on and off like most paramecias. he doesnt dissolve like most other logias due to the fact that rubber cant break and then reassemble it self because it is not made of loose particles like sand or light for that matter.

chopper's rumble ball

theres something i just dont get about it. chopper is using the human DF however some of his points are not human at all and the rumble ball is supposed to enhance the zoan abilities so how can he go to horn point or guard point?

the true creator of diable jambe

i thought on this for a very long time. i dont think sanji made diable jambe right on the spot at enies lobby. maybe sef taught him a bout it but sanji just wasnt strong enough. look at this:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/47/18/
sef nickname was "red lagged" although we were told that he gained this name by beating people so hard only with lags that his shoes were stained with blood but i think that he actually had a red lag for using diable jambe that (in the anime) makes the lag of the user red and hot and i think that was the intention of oda in the manga too.

ok thats it for now im too tired to write more then this ill add another discussions later

bittman
November 17, 2008, 06:17 AM
Rubber fruit as a logia: Interesting point, now that we know even his insides are rubber (given the Gears) I am almost thinking of agreeing with you. Unfortunately Logia does not refer to just the element, but rather the ability to transcend a physical form and completely be nothing but the element. That said, Oda could easily call Luffy's fruit a logia one day and I would agree, but while element intangibility stands as a staple for logia-types, Luffy is still parmecia.

Rumble Ball: I never understood the explanation that well, and even 350 chapters on I still think it could be developed a bit better. Ever since I heard of the rumble ball, I always hoped Chopper would develop more forms. Who knows, I still live in hope...
On your point though: Human Human fruit allows degrees of transformation, as do all Zoans which are used by masters. If you look at Kaku and Lucchi from the CP9, they had a few form variants where they shifted the amount of human with the amount of animal in certain areas. Chopper just does this also with more effect thanks to the Rumble Ball.

Diable Jambe: Naaaahhhh. I think Sanji might have been inspired by Sef's red-legged name, but I still like the idea of Sef the red leg from blood. It seems a bit silly that Sef could teach Sanji, but only 400 chapters later when Sanji had enough strength to break through Tekkai was it usable. Seems a bit too unreasonable.

Razh
November 17, 2008, 06:45 AM
Luffy can't freely control parts of his body. For example, he can't change the shape of his body parts, or make himself more muscular or less. Therefore his fruit ain't logia, because logia users have complete control over their element.

Fox666
November 17, 2008, 12:35 PM
Luffy can't freely control parts of his body. For example, he can't change the shape of his body parts, or make himself more muscular or less. Therefore his fruit ain't logia, because logia users have complete control over their element.Luffy doesn't have any control over his body that a normal person doesn't have. If he want to stretch his face, he need to attach it somewhere, if he want to his arm stretch, he need to move backwards before (remember that Ace still is pretty tough as a normal human, it is not impossible in OP world)...

Imitorar
November 17, 2008, 10:55 PM
The Gum Gum Fruit is a Paramecia type (http://arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/30). There is no arguing on that subject, but people like to anyway, despite a clear statement from Oda on the subject, not to mention the fact that Luffy's powers really do fit much better under the Paramecia category then they do under the Logia category if you really think about it.

Diosjenin
November 20, 2008, 06:27 PM
Hum that count is not correct, you forgot that japanese has also "unpure" sounds which make the number of characters up to 104 and not 46. And the count is not 45+44+... it is 45*44 (45 choices for the first one, and one less for the second since you don't want double characters which is not that obvious for me). And I do not divide by too because AB and BA are both plausible
so that leads to 10172 (which is a bit overestimated since the N sound can not be used to begin a word)
And I didn't count the fact that japanese has also long and short sounds which multiply the result by 2

I did, in fact, forget the 25 basic altered characters. My (very large) mistake. However, considering that fruits are always two-character names - characters, not sounds/syllables - repeated twice, and that they are always introduced in a written manga format, I fail to see how lengthened vowels (e.g. '-rou') or combination characters (e.g. '-kya') etc. are valid here as singular characters from a practical standpoint. So I'll work with (45+25) = 70 base characters.

While it may not look correct, n(n+1)/2 is in fact the mathematical method of summing a series of consecutive integers from 1 to n, so that's what I used.

I eliminated doubles because the names of fruits are repeated. Hana Hana no Mi works, for instance, but, say, Fufu Fufu no Mi just sounds ridiculous. (For the record, I don't know if fufu is a legitimate Japanese word or sound or not).

Considering the extreme reliance that Japanese places on foreign loan words, I would hardly be surprised to see a Devil's Fruit named with some foreign word that does start with an 'n', so I'll continue to count those.

All that being said, I was not thinking clearly when I eliminated BAs after their AB counterparts had been counted (e.g. Hana Hana no Mi is [theoretically] as valid as Naha Naha no Mi), and thus the aforementioned consecutive-integer counting method should not be used.

That still only gives (45+25)*(44+25) = 70*69 = 4830. Add on the estimated 230 Zoan model difference from my previous post (again, likely somewhat off but as good a guess as any) for a total of 5060. Which is, of course, still assuming that all 4830 base combinations are valid Japanese words, loan words, or sound effects.

- Diosjenin -

Kaiser Will
November 22, 2008, 10:08 PM
Everyone talking about DF!
But I have another mysterie. Why Oda hates Sanji? (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/523/19/)

And why people question about the Hito Hito no Mi? Human if you look with scientific eyes is an animal that can think.

Akainu
November 23, 2008, 06:01 AM
* Akainu's "going forward" again question? (don't quite get what you're saying...)
oh, basically it's not really a question I guess, just that I wonder what one would do who reached reverse mountain and knows grandline already, as the only options are traveling red line or like you say "going forward" again in the direction of Marijoa.

Epikhigh
November 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
Not sure if these are considered good questions but some things I was thinking about were:

1) Has Shanks been to Raftel at end of grand line/new world? (He was on Roger's ship right?) If so, then does he have knowledge about One Piece treasure + the true history?

2) How come White Beard can't get to Raftel even after 20 years(not sure about this #... i think it was 20...)?? In other words... what has prevented WB from reaching Raftel for 20 years even though his power is said to be equal to Roger's and he has an incredible crew?? ... how will SH crew do it (in much much shoreter time lol)

o and I know these next questions will def be revealed to us at some point by Oda but...

What is Akainu's power? :P

Who is Lola's Mom/incredible pirate?

Razh
November 24, 2008, 02:18 PM
Probably most of the people believe that there is some trick to it, so even some of the people that already were on the island, don't know how to come back. Maybe there is some meteorological requirement that only happens once every few years or something like that.
Like that knockup stream was the only way to get to Skypiea.

As far as I'm concerned, there's another possibility.

1)Shanks knows how to get there but he doesn't want to. Maybe there isn't anything there, or maybe he doesn't want to become PK. Maybe he just wants to sail around and drink and have fun freely.

2)Whitebeard, being Roger's rival maybe wants to become a PK in his own way. Maybe he never even looked for Raftel. I mean, why would he follow Roger's footsteps. That would mean that he admitted that Roger was better than him.

Well, that's my take on it anyway.

Epikhigh
November 24, 2008, 02:46 PM
Probably most of the people believe that there is some trick to it, so even some of the people that already were on the island, don't know how to come back. Maybe there is some meteorological requirement that only happens once every few years or something like that.
Like that knockup stream was the only way to get to Skypiea.

As far as I'm concerned, there's another possibility.

1)Shanks knows how to get there but he doesn't want to. Maybe there isn't anything there, or maybe he doesn't want to become PK. Maybe he just wants to sail around and drink and have fun freely.

2)Whitebeard, being Roger's rival maybe wants to become a PK in his own way. Maybe he never even looked for Raftel. I mean, why would he follow Roger's footsteps. That would mean that he admitted that Roger was better than him.

Well, that's my take on it anyway.

ahhh, that could be reasonable .

But wasn't Whitebeard described as being 'the one closest to one piece' in some chapter. That might just be to describe how powerful he is ... but if the Yonkou are not after One Piece... then what are they after? lol - that could be another mystery xD

Or how about just the question...

Are the Yonkou After One-piece? :tem

I mean it seems like they've had so much time to get there... especially WB who is suggested to be the strongest and has been at it the longest... like 20 years I think.

We know Luffy + at least those 2 other top supernovas in the 'new generation' are after One Piece... but up until now I just assumed the Yonkou are after it too. But not so sure anymore.
[hr]
Ah I was also wondering ...

1) Is each Devil Fruit unique, or are they 're-born' after the DF user dies?

like... if a devil fruit user dies... does that fruit attached to that power get 're-born' by the sea at some point?

That could explain a picture book of devil fruit powers at least... if some organization keeps track of devil fruit powers over the decades or even centuries.

and...

How many poneglyphs are there??

winterwyrm
November 24, 2008, 07:02 PM
Here's one: What is the significance of the Strawhats' ship being made from the wood of the tree of Adam? Is this the tree the DF's come from?

sharingandevil
November 25, 2008, 02:42 AM
what will happen to the children who had their parent(s) having DF abilities?

I never see any DF user's children.. except Dragon..

Kage_JD
November 29, 2008, 06:04 AM
What is Haki? ... :amuse

Is Roger alive? does he have any connections with Luffy?
What is the True Story?
Whats WBs Bounty?
What are the abilities of the Revoltionist?
Why did Roger leave his Treasure behind n gave him self to the Marines?
Why did he tell his friend (the dark king) that he won't die?
Does he have a reincarnation? Is the only way to dodge his sickness death? or resurrection?

k-dom
December 05, 2008, 03:25 PM
One which has striked me when I saw this
http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000112902/08-09.jpg
How did the marine build Impel down ?

Tenryuken
December 05, 2008, 03:41 PM
Here's one: What is the significance of the Strawhats' ship being made from the wood of the tree of Adam? Is this the tree the DF's come from?

Maybe the tree from the Ohara Island.

natli
December 06, 2008, 05:01 PM
What is the nature of devil fruit curse? Why all devil fruit users are hated by the sea?
What is the trick of getting to Raftel?
Where is All Blue? I mean where do you hide a sea?

Tenryuken
December 07, 2008, 03:05 AM
What is the nature of devil fruit curse?

They can't swim and that's the worst thing that can happen to a Marine or a Pirate cuz they spent lore time on sea than on land.
We can say that the sea is their "land".

Why all devil fruit users are hated by the sea?

Because it's their curse.:tem

Akainu
December 07, 2008, 04:22 AM
They can't swim and that's the worst thing that can happen to a Marine or a Pirate cuz they spent lore time on sea than on land.
We can say that the sea is their "land".

Pirates and marines -in the old days - were rarely able to swim.
Not that swimming would have helped them anyway in the vastness of the ocean.

Razh
December 07, 2008, 05:24 PM

Franky pretty much explains the significance. I suggest rereading post Enies Lobby chapters.

Pirates and marines -in the old days - were rarely able to swim.
Not that swimming would have helped them anyway in the vastness of the ocean.

In fact, a lot of them refused to learn how to swim.
They figured it was better to die quickly by drowning, than to survive only to die of starvation or drown anyway after becoming weak, or simply die of hypothermia. There was also a possibility of being eaten by a shark and having to commit suicide by drowning anyway.

All things considered, it was probably a wise choice back then.

Lord Rayleigh
January 13, 2009, 05:57 PM
How make a vivre card (with first of all piece of fingernail) ?

What is this certain shop in NW who make vivrecards ?

How does a vivre card work ?

When a vivre card is divided in more than two parts (like Ace's Paper : we know WB have got a part, Luffo too, and Ace himself as he gave a part of his one to Luffy ; or Lola's Mom paper : Lola's Mum, Lola and Nami have got a piece ; or Rayleigh's vivre card), what happened ?

For the moment, Vivre Cards seem to show only one direction, so :
- does the Vivre Card has a mathematical rule to decide a place/direction for all the where all the owners of the vivre card should come to see again?
- or does it only show the person linked to the vivre card and who has got a piece of his vivre card ?
I think so as the SH should all go into Rayleigh's direction to met even if there are differents parts of vivre card.

But What happened if the person linked to the vivre card hasn't got a piece of his vivre card with him ?

What happened if you lose a part of the Vivre Card in the sea ?

Why is Captain John's Treasure so famous ? Why one of Buggy's goals in life is to find it ?

Tenryuken
January 13, 2009, 06:56 PM
Why is Captain John's Treasure so famous ? Why one of Buggy's goals in life is to find it ?

Because Captain John's treasures are suposed to be huge(a lot) and that he didn't want to share it with his own Nakamas.

Why Buggy wants it?
Cuz he isn't interessed in OP.

JinxJen
January 29, 2009, 03:16 AM
Why have people not reached Raftel in reverse?

The only entrace for the 4 seas (North Blue, South Blue, East Blue and West Blue) to go to Grand Line is the Reverse Mountain. You should know the water current is only one way, just look at the map picture.
http://images.wikia.com/onepiece/images/thumb/8/86/Opeastbluerv8.jpg/400px-Opeastbluerv8.jpg
You cannot reach Raftel in the revese way unless you climb through the Reverse Mountain, and you know how high of the Red Line is.

P.S: And let me remind you that the surrounding the Grand Line is Calm Belt ^___^. If you have the Marine Ship, you may be able to reach Raftel. But the problem is you have to have its eternal log pose.

Tenryuken
January 29, 2009, 04:03 AM
Or be an insanely strong Fishman.

Akainu
January 29, 2009, 11:57 AM
or build something that makes you able to "fly down to Raftel" after you let yourself catapult upwards from East Blue for example... wouldn't work with all of them I guess.

JinxJen
January 29, 2009, 04:32 PM
or build something that makes you able to "fly down to Raftel" after you let yourself catapult upwards from East Blue for example... wouldn't work with all of them I guess.

Oda-sensei did say that they won't fly. Because if they fly, they didn't need a ship anymore.

Tenryuken
January 29, 2009, 05:36 PM
I guess then no Logia DF for any SH.

Akainu
January 29, 2009, 05:44 PM
Oda-sensei did say that they won't fly. Because if they fly, they didn't need a ship anymore.
well I'm always happy to hear about Oda saying this and that, but the thing with this is that I don't believe it without source.
Other than that he admitted that it is possible somehow in the OP-world to do it like that, but said, the SH crew won't do it - reasonably, since it would have shortened their journey...

The Boff
January 29, 2009, 06:09 PM
ok, technically this isnt one of the big mysteries of OP but i still wanna know:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/youth.jpg

i know it's just a comic relief thing but im still curious :p

Razh
January 29, 2009, 06:32 PM
Maybe she eats a lot of green veggies.:)

bittman
January 30, 2009, 02:00 AM
Lying about your age perhaps?

After all, anyone who would remember her young would be long gone if she was really 140-whatever.

Well whatever it is, Shakkie appears to be having some too.

Razh
January 30, 2009, 11:45 AM
It just occured to me that we don't really know what is the average age expectancy in One Piece. And maybe there are some people who just happen to age more slowly.

And while Shakky does have young appearance, there is a subtle note of maturity in her design. She could be around Shanks' age and still look young.

I've seen women over 40 who looked better than most of 20-30 year old women.
(not just in those movies : )

JinxJen
January 30, 2009, 05:16 PM
Mystery #1: Why did the WG change Gol D. Roger name into Gold Roger??
Mystery #2: Is the mother Luffy and Ace also a D?
(Because Ace used her last name but he didn't discard the D in the name, If the D (part of name) also belongs to his father who he viewed as useless then he couldn't use it right? Or maybe he understand what D stands for or his mother also a D. Well, that's what I thought.) (May be I'm thinking too much, but that's also a mystery right?)
Mystery #3: What is the way to go to the 4 seas (South Blue, North Blue, East Blue, West Blue) from the Grand Line without entering the Calm Belt?
(We know the way to enter Grand Line from the 4 Seas is by the Reverse Mountain, but Shank who already one of the Yonkou in Grand Line went to East Blue. How did he do that. Is there a secret passage or did he actually pass through Calm Belt? Based on the East Blue Map I did post before, I really don't see the way back in the Reverse Mountain.)
Mystery #4: Who made those Devil Fruit and who wrote a book about them?
(I assume they are the same person)
Mystery #5: Where are Devil Fruits? Growing up on a tree on some islands?
(I guess they would be a lot in the New World because the BB claimed that there would be a lot of chance to find Devil Fruit if he joined WB.)
Mystery #6: Is Kuma really got himself on the Sky Island?
(Based on the fact he sent Nami in there)
Mystery #7: If Kuma knew, does WG knew Sky Island exist?
Mystery #8: Is there a fishman who also a Devil Fruit user?
(Maybe not because it would be conflict. They cannot swim even they are fishman with tail and scale. So conflict!!)
Mystery #9: What's the seven wonders in OP that Oda-sensei was talking about?

Razh
February 02, 2009, 05:55 AM
I can answer a part of #4 for you. You just need to use your head a little.

Who created them? Who knows?
Maybe they are just normal for One Piece world. You've seen what animals look like.
Just guessing.

And who wrote the books on them?
Probably many people throughout the years. There were probably scientists who were looking for people with DF to find out which abillities they have and what did fruits look like. That's the only possible explanation, since there are still fruits that aren't a part of the picture book.
Maybe it was an initiative from WG. I don't think Vegapunk is completely responsible for picture book. There's no way he could have done it all alone. There had to be some previous data from more than one scientist.
Now, you can't exactly be thorough about those fruits. There are always people who are secluded or don't want to communicate with some scientists, and of course, there can always be some inaccessible islands.
There's one more possibility. Maybe some new type of fruits evolve through time.

bittman
February 02, 2009, 10:02 PM
Mystery #1: Why did the WG change Gol D. Roger name into Gold Roger??
Mystery #2: Is the mother Luffy and Ace also a D?
(Because Ace used her last name but he didn't discard the D in the name, If the D (part of name) also belongs to his father who he viewed as useless then he couldn't use it right? Or maybe he understand what D stands for or his mother also a D. Well, that's what I thought.) (May be I'm thinking too much, but that's also a mystery right?)
Mystery #3: What is the way to go to the 4 seas (South Blue, North Blue, East Blue, West Blue) from the Grand Line without entering the Calm Belt?
(We know the way to enter Grand Line from the 4 Seas is by the Reverse Mountain, but Shank who already one of the Yonkou in Grand Line went to East Blue. How did he do that. Is there a secret passage or did he actually pass through Calm Belt? Based on the East Blue Map I did post before, I really don't see the way back in the Reverse Mountain.)
Mystery #4: Who made those Devil Fruit and who wrote a book about them?
(I assume they are the same person)
Mystery #5: Where are Devil Fruits? Growing up on a tree on some islands?
(I guess they would be a lot in the New World because the BB claimed that there would be a lot of chance to find Devil Fruit if he joined WB.)
Mystery #6: Is Kuma really got himself on the Sky Island?
(Based on the fact he sent Nami in there)
Mystery #7: If Kuma knew, does WG knew Sky Island exist?
Mystery #8: Is there a fishman who also a Devil Fruit user?
(Maybe not because it would be conflict. They cannot swim even they are fishman with tail and scale. So conflict!!)
Mystery #9: What's the seven wonders in OP that Oda-sensei was talking about?

#1: They didn't, it was popularised that way. Think of it as Chinese Whispers, but I just say it more as a pun that became popular.

#3: Calm belt is the only way, but as marine ships showed it is passable. Also, Shanks was probably not a Yonkou whilst stationed at Luffy's hometown, otherwise a few marines surely would have showed.

#4: Dunno about book writing, but the Devil Fruits aren't made. If they were surely there would be twenty guys with the same fruit.

#6-7: The Strawhat's aren't the only sky island visitors. It was mentioned it's more like a sea up there with more than one island, and the Strawhat's even saw another ship get attacked the moment they got there by Waipa. The residents were also rather unsurprised by the blue sea tourists. Also, nothing to say Kuma has visited every island he sends people to.

#8: ? Is it a mystery if it's pure speculation? It's like asking is Kaidou a lizardman?

#9: Just some lulz methinks. Like Sanji's hidden eye.

Tenryuken
February 03, 2009, 03:33 AM
#8: ? Is it a mystery if it's pure speculation? It's like asking is Kaidou a lizardman?

#9: Just some lulz methinks. Like Sanji's hidden eye.

Why would Kaidou be a Lizzard?
We've already saw both of Sanji's eyes.

Akainu
February 03, 2009, 03:42 AM
we never saw both of sanjis eyes in the manga afaik
AND the question about the mysteries was already answered by Oda in an SBS though it's not really an answer to say sth. like "the second mystery is that the seventh mystery is a mystery" and so on...

Squazee
February 16, 2009, 07:32 AM
#3: Calm belt is the only way, but as marine ships showed it is passable. Also, Shanks was probably not a Yonkou whilst stationed at Luffy's hometown, otherwise a few marines surely would have showed.

But then how did for example Dion Krieg return from Grand Line? Was it possible for him, after Mihawk's attack, to go through the Calm belt?

Lord Rayleigh
March 20, 2009, 05:28 PM
Where do the den-den mushis come from ?
Are they created by the same person that creates Vivre Card ?

Razh
March 21, 2009, 05:16 AM
Why would you think that? There isn't much similar between the two. And vivre cards are created in New World. I doubt it that the person who provides people with vivre cards, and I think there's more of those, provides WG and Marines with den-den mushis.
Den-dens are living creatures. Weird yes, but that's One Piece. Now, how much are they adapted is another question, but I doubt it that it has anything to do with vivre cards.

Phase
March 21, 2009, 08:16 AM
I agree with Rahz. Den-den mushis are common in east blue. It's hard to find a Vivrecard outside of the New World. I'd imagine that they're just an easily modified animal.

Lord Rayleigh
March 21, 2009, 07:07 PM
The main question was where do they come from : where the living creatures live normally and then, where and who modifies them. It is obvious that the den-den mushis are mass-produced. But I think there is only one company behind them.
The reference to the vivre cards was just an opening to a company but I have to agree that the vivre card company does not seem to export outside of NW.
The modification of living creatures reminds me of the island where Franky is at present. Indeed, the last chapter's cover-page shows us " how " to transform a camel into a tank. Transforming " snails " into ways of communication is not an weapon production (like the camel and the dog) but it is a technologic product too. So, can this be linked to this place, the genius' island ?

paradoxe
March 22, 2009, 09:42 AM
It is obvious that the den-den mushis are mass-produced.

No they are animals

Naturally found. How they are distributed is unknown.

They aren't 'modified', they communicate through telepathy. Their relationship with humans are mutually beneficial; they provide this service for humans and in turn get food and shelter.

All this info is from a SBS (i.e. straight from Oda's mouth).

Akainu
March 22, 2009, 10:12 AM
yet they have to be altered, because they don't naturally have the devices for humans to speak in - in case of the normal den-den's as there are some other uses :amuse

Razh
March 22, 2009, 11:47 AM
Or the number dials on them.

And I don't think there's vivre card company or anything like that. It's probably more like some witch enchanting a piece of paper for anyone who wants to pay.

Akainu
March 22, 2009, 12:13 PM
actually we know pretty much how it works: as stupid as it sounds it's fingernails that are combined with the paper - surely it has to be special paper which we don't know as of yet, just as the whole process :amuse

GreyEidolon
May 23, 2009, 12:29 AM
Recently I was reading a little about the god Hades/Pluto, and it mentions that the name Pluto is a derivative of the word Plouton. Of course, Pluton immediately came to mind. Given that we have already heard of another ancient weapon (Poseidon) , named after a Greek god, than could there be a third? A Zeus/Jupiter/Etc.? Considering the three were brothers, I think it's quite possible.

d3death
May 23, 2009, 03:24 AM
Where do the den-den mushis come from ?
Are they created by the same person that creates Vivre Card ?

some copy pasting from SBS

d: are the "phone snail" series animals, or machines?
o: they're animals. insects.

baby phone snail: its small size makes it portable. however, its signals are weak, and cannot reach over the sea to another island.
phone snail: too big to carry around, but its strength makes it useful for talking to far-off islands. can also act as a fax machine if
the accessory is attached.
black phone snail(different species): they do not grow as they age. they enjoy eavesdropping, and dislike communicating with others.
used as listening devices, or "wiretaps".

d: in chapter 367, sanji-kun destroys the phone snail. that's so mean!!! the phone snail didn't
do anything wrong! even a phone snail would cry if that happened to it! it cries when
it hurts! it cries because its heart hurts even more than its body! so let's apologize
to it, shall we? p.n. naoko
sanji: could keep me
still!!!
o: oh, well, you see... ok, i admit, i may have created that impression, but it's okay. on the
right is a wild phone snail. it has the ability to communicate with its species through
radio (thought) waves. humans attach buttons and receivers to them so they can contact
specific other snails. so, you can destroy the receiver without hurting the animal.

Lobotomy Jane
July 20, 2009, 02:57 AM
I've just thought about one thing, i dont know if someone has posted it already...

If Red Line and Grand Line divide the world in North, South, West and East Blue... how the people go from one sea to another? o_O The high technology that allows marine to cross the Calm belts is supposed to be a secret, and the point where the currents join only aims to the Grand Line. How they do to it??
[hr]
What was the nickname of Gol D. Roger? He wasn't the King of Pirates his whole life, he must have an old nickname.

Moogle Mango
July 24, 2009, 07:12 PM
Not sure if this was thought of or brought up, but in chapter 551 when White Beard says, "My beloved sons is still in one piece I see."

That got me wondering. So far this entire series has been about the adventures one could have and surviving through to the end. What if One Piece is really just that. Making it to the end, all together, alive fulfilling one's goal in life. Not some physical object, but the goal one sets out and the journey to the very end.

Tru_TO
August 03, 2009, 04:51 AM
Will of D
The Lost Century/True History/Void Century
Roger's full past
The Last 2 Yonkou
Akainu
Dragon's Army
The World Government
What is One Piece?
Vegapunk
Devil Fruit (where they come from, how much you can consume etc.)
Ancient Kingdom
Pluto/Posedion
Merman Island
Gurosei
Poneglyphs
Raftel
Whats blocking the Yonkou from reaching Raftel
Dragon
Luffy's mom
Silver Medalist
Undiscoverd Islands in the NW
Islands in the NW
Blackbeard
All Blue
Elbaf
Zoro vs Mihawk
Roger's bounty
Whitebeard's bounty
Shank's bounty
Yonkou's bounty
Mihawk's former bounty
Brooke and Laboon
Luffy's final crewmembers
All of Roger's crew
The Supernova's powers and the crew
Haki
More Islands
Zoro and Tashigi
The path that Roger took (it appears Luffy is taking the same)
Roger's haki
Shanks, Luffy reunion
Usopp, Yasopp reunion
Brook, Laboon reunion

Oda will cover all these in 8 years.

Merged.

Samui
August 03, 2009, 06:07 PM
Not sure if this was thought of or brought up, but in chapter 551 when White Beard says, "My beloved sons is still in one piece I see."

That got me wondering. So far this entire series has been about the adventures one could have and surviving through to the end. What if One Piece is really just that. Making it to the end, all together, alive fulfilling one's goal in life. Not some physical object, but the goal one sets out and the journey to the very end.
But Rayleight did say that Roger went to Raftel to hide the One Piece.

Poneglyph420
August 03, 2009, 08:33 PM
only time will tell what the OP is..but if anyone can just swing by Raftel and pick it up...
Then it would have been done by now...

I think the greatest mystery is the void century and the Will of D.

gao_dargon
August 04, 2009, 12:02 AM
Oda allready said that one piece was something tangeble, he said it on an sbs, he didn't say what it was in a concrete way but he said we should not worry about it being just the experience for the trip or something like that

Lord Rayleigh
August 11, 2009, 06:54 PM
But Rayleight did say that Roger went to Raftel to hide the One Piece.
That's impossible. We only saw Rayleigh at the Shabondy Archipelago and Luffy prevented him from talking about One Piece : where it is and if it really exists.

kingasas33
October 26, 2010, 02:28 PM
what is on red line other than The Holy Land of Mariejois....it was the biggest land in OP world...are there people there?....a town or countries maybe...are the weather is like grand line....are there people traveling and adventuring it like a grand line...it's killing me to know it.....

here some ideas about DF book....

the book of DF maybe similar like brag books that told stories about grand line's island...is old and but filled with reliable DF information....

Nonlife
October 26, 2010, 06:03 PM
Basic mysteries:
What is the "Will of D." (Don't know, but BB doesn't have it).
Where do DFs come from? (Apparently there's already an encyclopedia for them, so maybe DF abilities in the present have appeared numerously in the past?)

deffkryz
November 10, 2010, 12:51 PM
What does Oda's version of Japan look like ("Wano Kuni")?

kingasas33
November 15, 2010, 03:08 AM
cool...in 604 we knows that red lines is basically a island but connected with each others...so i think my mysteries is answered maybe :P .....there are people on red line....

Rosebullet Teacher
November 16, 2010, 03:55 AM
How come some people are larger than normal size? This has bugged me as i keep imagining giant versions of The Strawhats
What was the first devil fruit & do the others relate to each other?

FuS

Renaan
November 17, 2010, 11:28 AM
With regards to the 'What was the thing in the Florian Triangle?' mystery...

Having rewatched and reread I believe this mystery should be more 'what were there THINGS in the Florian Triangle'

There were 3 massive shadows towering over Triller Bark each with shining eyes, this to me means there's a group or something, not just 1 thing smashing things.

kpmaie
December 03, 2010, 10:04 AM
My list of mystery:
Everything about Void century.
Is Brook immortal? Broken bones doesn't seem to affect him...O.o
Why Sandersonia and Marrigold are big while Hancock is normal size?
(seriously isn't anyone curious about that?)
Where did Ponegryphs(?) come from?
Choppers Monster point? Is that the same as these monsters in Impel Down?
Zoan flying types. Robin said there are only 5(?) of them. Until now we got to see Pell and Marco...

that would be all.... well, for now...

MaiSiaoSiao
December 03, 2010, 05:57 PM
My list of mystery:
Everything about Void century.
Is Brook immortal? Broken bones doesn't seem to affect him...O.o
Why Sandersonia and Marrigold are big while Hancock is normal size?
(seriously isn't anyone curious about that?)
Where did Ponegryphs(?) come from?
Choppers Monster point? Is that the same as these monsters in Impel Down?
Zoan flying types. Robin said there are only 5(?) of them. Until now we got to see Pell and Marco...

that would be all.... well, for now...

i dont think brooks is immortal.Hes just faster and light in weight.And when he gets injured as in cracked bones,he"ll just have to drink some milk and the bones will heal.
Chopper is different from the guards in ID.The guards are awakened zoan fruit users.
As for the rest of your questions,idk XD

Meschea
December 04, 2010, 07:05 AM
For me One Piece is(are):
Third Ancient Weapon:Zeus(Hopes of people) is "One Piece".
All Blue:All seas are going to be "One Piece".
After the war Wb talking about Wg+20 kingdom fall and world is going to be "One Piece".

scav
December 04, 2010, 08:09 AM
my list of mysteries that aren't in the list :
-how BB managed to eat 2 DF?
-what's the relation between bonney,Akainu and WB
-is sabo alive? ( i know its not really a mystery)
-vegapunk (this man himself is a total mystery)
-who's the new fleet amiral

MihawkAce
December 07, 2010, 09:37 PM
some quick ones:
who are the revolutionaries?
what was kuma's purpose

--Edit--
Who is Pandaman?
Pandaman is just a character that oda draws on unknow places of the manga just as fun hes not related to one piece

MaiSiaoSiao
December 08, 2010, 05:45 AM
1.What the hell is the Void Century about
2.What power does Dragon have
3.How many members of the SH crew have CoC
4.Who is VegaPunk
5.Is Kuma still loyal to the Revolutionaries
6.Is Lola mother Big Mom(One of the Yonkou)?
7.What happened to the WB commanders?

Sorry if these mysterious have been posted before.

3000PoemsWritten
December 13, 2010, 04:35 PM
Mysteries huh...

???

I've got one... We know that Vegapunk knows where the Devil fruits come from

We Know that Vegapunk is to fill in a lot of plot holes upon his revelation...

But here is something we aren't sure if he will answer or not...

The Question Is...

Aside from Parmecia, Zoan, & Logia and their subsets.... Is there any other Devil Fruit types... I.E. Man-Made -- God-Like??????

Warlord90
December 20, 2010, 12:05 PM
Well it's not quite a mystery, but what was Smoker's message to Luffy, which we still don't know ? (back in Davy Back Fight)

scav
December 21, 2010, 06:13 AM
Well it's not quite a mystery, but what was Smoker's message to Luffy, which we still don't know ? (back in Davy Back Fight)

hum what chapter? i dont remember

Warlord90
December 22, 2010, 09:03 AM
hum what chapter? i dont remember

It was in chapter 321 (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2428-14/one-piece/chapter-321.html). Aokiji says Smoker's message is too stupid to say. Don't know if Oda will mention it later in the series.

acurabot
May 31, 2011, 06:24 PM
I've always wondered:

Q: Is there jail terms in OP? Or is jail for life?

Anduren
May 31, 2011, 10:05 PM
From whats been shown so far, the marines exclusively decide to put bounties on people's heads without a trial and once captured, send them to prison indefinitely. The only time a courthouse was shown was at Enies Lobby where the jury is fixed to declare a verdict of guilty 100% of the time. Although Tom's case was heard by a representative judge, the choices that were present were either death or pardon (I think). Outside of the world government, each kingdom (like Arabasta, Fishman Island, etc.) have their own prisons and people have been shown to be thrown in jail without a trial (Dalton in Drum Kingdom, Zoro on Fishman Island, etc.).

I hope someone corrects me if I presented any incorrect/inaccurate information... this is about all I remember regarding the judicial systems in One Piece so far :amuse.

hokageji
May 31, 2011, 10:44 PM
Well there is definately jail for life in one piece....

all the escapees from impel down

buggy
mr 3
bon clay
crocodile

we all given life imprisonments. Shiriyuu and a few others like Jinbei (probably) had indefinite sentences.

Anduren
June 01, 2011, 12:55 AM
Well there is definately jail for life in one piece....

all the escapees from impel down

buggy
mr 3
bon clay
crocodile

we all given life imprisonments. Shiriyuu and a few others like Jinbei (probably) had indefinite sentences.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.... "indefinite sentence" was my way of saying they have a life sentance :tem. No one we've seen being sent to prison has ever had a chance to leave short of breaking out or getting a pardon (like in Arlong's case). Also from what Magellan said (Chapter 542, page 9) Shiryu had a death sentence and was awaiting execution.

Sorry for the misunderstanding :amuse.

winterwyrm
June 09, 2011, 12:04 AM
one more mystery: How did otohime give birth to shirahoshi?

Samui
June 09, 2011, 12:27 AM
one more mystery: How did otohime give birth to shirahoshi?
Shirahoshi was born as a normal sized baby, and exponentially grew since then. Problem solved.
Now the question is how did Otohime and Neptune had sex, since unlike the female Mermen don't appear to have the ability to split their tail.

Oni_James
June 09, 2011, 07:21 AM
Has someone thought that as fishmen and mermen are fish and men they may be able to reproduce like Fish? Male drops sperm on the eggs. Eventhought if i don't recall bad, Shirahoshi's birth was shown some chapters ago.
I suppose Oda's reason to make Fishmen and Mermen that difficult to understant is to make it more realistic as Tom's brother said "That's a very human way of thinking."
Althought knowing how Oda is sometimes, all this Fishmen thing may have been totally random xD

extrememangalover
June 12, 2011, 11:49 PM
Enel's return should be one of the mysteries in One piece.

chego
June 14, 2011, 05:38 PM
does anyone else think that the guy arguing with do-flamingo in chap:595-page:10 can be sabo?? or is it just me ?

http://www.mcanime.net/manga_enlinea/one_piece/mangastream/110785/10#ver

though to knowing that he is a noble, it wouldn't be so far-fetched.

Zeltrax
June 14, 2011, 07:10 PM
Mystery: Was Roger a farmer back then because of his strawhat?
Did he have a simple life before becoming a pirate?