PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 242 Discussion [Bleach]

Dragonzair
August 31, 2006, 07:54 AM
Get your Bleach candies and cookies here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=8089.0)!!!
----------------------------------------------------

:drool

Okay. Ehm.

So, we see the three heroes entering the space between Hueco Mundo and the world, which pm calls Garganta. Chad asks Ishida why he joined them, since he had made a promise to his father about not helping the Shinigamis, or it's friends.

So on we go to a flashback, where Ishida had just finished his training, and Kisuke comes in (in a funny way, I mgiht add) telling him of Orihime's unlikely capture. Ishida tells him that he has no intence to help them, in anyway. But our resident shopkeeper then tells him that SS is not backing Ichigo up.

Seems a few of us were right in the prediction that Ishida had found a loophole of some sort.

Funnily, Ryuuken knows this too, as we soon find out later.

Unexpectedly (no one, I tell you, was able to predict this! XD), Isshin pays Ryuuken a visit, right after Uryuu goes to help Hime. Now, I was right about one thing. Isshin knows Ryuuken very well.

(HAH!)

We then see Orihime in her little cell, pondering to herself. At the same time, a tremor is felt in Hueco Mundo!

It's our three heroes! They've finally entered HM, and Ichigo finds that it doesn't look as dull as hre thought. Suddenly, they are attacked by an Arrankar! Who is it? And will the next chapter be of a battle?

It's up to you, to predict away!

My predictions:

The Arrankar is the dude with the big head. But I think the next chapter might move to Kisuke and co. XD

conan
August 31, 2006, 12:14 PM
I think that there are really two issues the next issue wil concentrate on, first is ichigo and co fighting there way through HM, and a conversation between tatsuk, keigo , mizura, and urahara,
I think these two things are the most likely to happen for next weeks bleach, but the fight with I chigo and co will be moving at a quite slow pace, but it doesnt seem like they are going to do it as indivdual battles for now as they did in soul society, so its still a long way til they see Inoue.

goofy_man
August 31, 2006, 01:08 PM
My feeling is...

[Start Chapter]
Ichigo and co. start taking on the Arrancar "greeting party". All four are performing well, and Ichigo wonders if this all that Aizen has to offer....
*Scene Change*
Yami and GrimmJaw sense his presence and proceed to find him. But....not before arguing over who gets to kill him, at which point Ulquorria steps in to break up the fight, saying that if they combine their powers, he will easier to defeat. GrimmJaw thinks that might not be a bad idea, but Yami accuses GrimmJaw of being weak. GrimmJaw then reminds him of how injured he was when he returned from fighting Ichigo a few chapters back. Yami grunts and goes off to find Ichigo. GrimmJaw starts walking off after him, remembering Ichigo's mask.....
*Scene Change*
Back at Ryuuken's home, Isshin and Ryuuken are talking about their sons. Ryuuken still accuses Isshin of being too cowardly to openly admit to Ichigo that he was a Shinigami. Isshin counters by saying that at least Ishida had the courage to embrace his Quincy heritage and not turn it away simply because of financial reasons, unlike Ryuuken. Ryuuken laughs and asks Isshin what he will do. Isshin says that it's about time that he saw Yamamoto and see how his former squad (the 5th Squad) is doing. Ryuuken mentions Hinamori's incident and asks Isshin how he handle that.
*Scene Change*
Inoue is looking over an recovering Luppi. Luppi wakes up and asks why she's there. Inoue says nothing and starts to leave, but Luppi grabs her arm and repeats his question, this time much louder and more rude. Inoue cringes, and Luppi lets go and looks away. Inoue runs out crying, and Luppi mutters "Seems I owe you one, kid"....
[End Chapter]
-------------------------------------
Reasonings for my speculations
1. Both GrimmJaw and Yami have a vendetta against Ichigo. So it makes sense that both of them would argue over who gets to fight him, and naturally Ulquorria fits the role of mediator, hence why he breaks up their fight.
2. Yami has not seen the effects of Ichigo's mask on his power, while GrimmJaw has seen all too well. Plus, he also received considerable damage from both Rukia's attack as well as Shinji's Cero blast (even though he used one of his own to save himself), so he is going in thinking both of them will be there, backing up Ichigo.
3. Isshin's jab at Ryuuken is well deserved. Ishida chose to embrace his powers regardless of what happens to him and in the world, whereas Ryuuken only cares about earning a couple bucks doing what he does best.
4. Isshin chose to give up his powers and left Soul Society on his own like Yourichi did--whereas Urahara was exiled. And he probably wants to let Yamamoto know that he is back in action and also let Soul Society know that Ichigo, Chad, Ishida and Urahara have already gone to Hueco Mundo looking for Inoue (unless Yourichi is taking care of that, which seems possible).
5. Inoue healing Luppi seems a bit out there, but that is what her personality is like. As for Luppi's remark, how would you respond to someone who healed you for no reason after a comrade just impaled you with his bare hand? I'd probably say that myself if I was in Luppi's position.
6. As for why I think Isshin is the former Captain of the 5th Squad, he knows about Aizen and his plans without Urahara having to tell him, meaning that he had some knowledge of what Aizen was planning before Aizen became a Captain.

thejackass98
August 31, 2006, 04:19 PM
sweet ch i says ahh i m lil happy b/c of being correct of isshin being aquainted with ryuuken hehehe XD ahh well i dont know what will happen now heh bleach and one peice predictions noramally leave ppl with no clue or so hehe

Urazz
August 31, 2006, 04:25 PM
Pretty good predictions Goofy_man. It wouldn't suprise me if it goes similar to that. Well except the Luppi part for all we could know, he/she could remain dead.

goofy_man
August 31, 2006, 04:28 PM
Pretty good predictions Goofy_man. It wouldn't suprise me if it goes similar to that. Well except the Luppi part for all we could know, he/she could remain dead.

Thanks. The reason I assumed the Luppi part is that Inoue would most likely feel sorry for him because--as you recall--thanks to Inoue, GrimmJaw got his status back and......"demoted" Luppi in his own personal fashion....thus, she would heal him as a way of redeeming herself for his...impalement.

Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki
August 31, 2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks. The reason I assumed the Luppi part is that Inoue would most likely feel sorry for him because--as you recall--thanks to Inoue, GrimmJaw got his status back and......"demoted" Luppi in his own personal fashion....thus, she would heal him as a way of redeeming herself for his...impalement.

Hmmm... I like the idea of that. In a scenario like that i could see Luppi actually saving Inoue later on, only to be killed by whoever was attacking her.

goofy_man
August 31, 2006, 08:43 PM
Hmmm... I like the idea of that. In a scenario like that i could see Luppi actually saving Inoue later on, only to be killed by whoever was attacking her.

Most likely it would be GrimmJaw. This is how that fight would go:

GrimmJaw: "How many times do I have to kill you before you actually stay dead?"
Luppi: "As many times as it takes for me to kill you...."
Inoue: "Luppi-chan!"
Luppi: "I'm a GUY, for the last time!! Do I have to flash you before you get it, bitch? Why don't you have a free feel while your at it, huh?"*
GrimmJaw: "Idiot..."
*Luppi and GrimmJaw exchange blows*
GrimmJaw: "Just die already!!"
Luppi: "You first, No.--"
*Ulquorria appears; stabs Luppi with Zanpakuto and lops off his head with his other hand*
Ulquorria: "Must I always clean up your messes, GrimmJaw?"
Inoue: *Total shock*

The character reaction I'm interested in seeing is Wonderweis. He's technically the "n00b" of the Arrancars, thus easier to convert to the good side....and after seeing GrimmJaw's......"celebration", he may be having second thoughts....

*=I guarantee something like this will happen....given how androygenous Luppi looks....

Fortisdiablos
August 31, 2006, 10:24 PM
Adding chan to someone's name doesn't imply gender. Same for adding kun.

As for predictions. Well, I don't think the creature that they met is either going to be insignificant or crucial to their mission. I don't think they'll be discovered by any of the arrancars we've seen this chapter, but maybe by a lone Hollow that wasn't converted using the hougyoku.

SmiloN
September 01, 2006, 12:16 AM
Hmm, about Isshin and Ryuuken talking about being good fathers, they may push themselfes so far that they go together and help Ichigo, Ishida and Chad get Inoue back from HM ? :P

Dragonzair
September 01, 2006, 04:27 AM
5. Inoue healing Luppi seems a bit out there, but that is what her personality is like. As for Luppi's remark, how would you respond to someone who healed you for no reason after a comrade just impaled you with his bare hand? I'd probably say that myself if I was in Luppi's position.

I'm kinda hoping that too...

Inoue feeling sorry for Luppi, and guilty as well, might force her to 'heal' Luppi. Or somehow bring him back.

midnight789
September 01, 2006, 10:03 PM
Woo, lets see, where to begin. Well, first off i don't believe Luppi's coming back, cuz when grimmjow was through with him he didnt have anything left above the waist (i suppose technically Orihime could restore his entire torso, but i just don't see it happening). I also don't see Kurosaki going to SS, but i do see him, ryuuken, urahara and yoruichi going to save ichigo and co. later down the line. As for what i think next chapter? it'll be all about team Ichigo's "warm welcome"

EDIT: Just out of curiosity where did we learn that Ryuuken only cares about earning a couple bucks doing what he does best? I just don't remember that.

Fortisdiablos
September 02, 2006, 12:14 AM
EDIT: Just out of curiosity where did we learn that Ryuuken only cares about earning a couple bucks doing what he does best? I just don't remember that.

I believe it was in a flashback of Uryuu talking to Ryuuken, within another flashback of Uryuu talking to his grandfather.

Boss
September 02, 2006, 05:37 AM
I could only assume that Arrancar is a noob one, not an espada or anything, just a meager challenge to entering Hueco Mundo, he should be able get with the group a little bit, before Grimmjow rushes over to the scene since he's so eager to fight after getting his arm back.

Urazz
September 02, 2006, 07:57 AM
I could only assume that Arrancar is a noob one, not an espada or anything, just a meager challenge to entering Hueco Mundo, he should be able get with the group a little bit, before Grimmjow rushes over to the scene since he's so eager to fight after getting his arm back.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious thats the case. I just hope the fight isn't going to be dragged on for too long.

Faust
September 02, 2006, 10:46 AM
Lol I have a weird one...

What if that arrancar isn't really against Ichigo's group? I noticed in the chapter how Urahara dutifully noted "arrancar under Aizen's orders" meaning there are those in Hueco Mundo that do not approve of Aizen's plan or of Aizen being there or it can simply mean arrancar that do not listen to Aizen. It could be team up to defeat a common enemy thing, if not there's gonna fight up next :smile-big.

Boss
September 02, 2006, 11:43 AM

What if that arrancar isn't really against Ichigo's group? I noticed in the chapter how Urahara dutifully noted "arrancar under Aizen's orders" meaning there are those in Hueco Mundo that do not approve of Aizen's plan or of Aizen being there or it can simply mean arrancar that do not listen to Aizen. It could be team up to defeat a common enemy thing, if not there's gonna fight up next :smile-big.

Well I do believe what Urahara just said is going to have a tremindous spin on the battlefield. Since all Arrancar do not approve of Aizen's plans, it could be a repeat of what happened in Soul Society, however this arrancar seems to be mad, as in crazy. I mean he lunges at them from the beggining to let them know he means buisness. Maybe he's a guard to entering Hueco Mundo. I think he's a nub either way.

mars0103
September 02, 2006, 04:44 PM
i wonder if ichigo's dad will tell him that he knows that he is a death god and tells him that he is one to?
priction the first hollow will take three pages than alot of pages with the rouge capains

yondaimeanbu
September 02, 2006, 07:29 PM
i predict next chapter chad and ishida will tell ichigo to let them kill the Arrankar to show how much they have grown and i think they will kill him easily

Urazz
September 02, 2006, 07:48 PM

I agree. Though the big difference is that the hollows and arrancar against Aizen will just backstab Ichigo and co. and attack both them and Aizen when both sides are tired so they get both with one battle pretty much.

Makiyura
September 03, 2006, 12:06 AM
I agree. Though the big difference is that the hollows and arrancar against Aizen will just backstab Ichigo and co. and attack both them and Aizen when both sides are tired so they get both with one battle pretty much.

well i doubt that woud happen, Ichigo & Co. might find out a let more about this stranger Arrancar, plus more coversation between Isshin and Ryuuken, SS might have gotten word that Ichigo left for HM ( but most might not care; Renji + Rukia upset), and some other stuff! GG!

goofy_man
September 03, 2006, 04:16 PM
well i doubt that woud happen, Ichigo & Co. might find out a let more about this stranger Arrancar, plus more coversation between Isshin and Ryuuken, SS might have gotten word that Ichigo left for HM ( but most might not care; Renji + Rukia upset), and some other stuff! GG!

Yeah, most likely Renji will be like, "That idiot...." and Rukia will worry about him. Other than that, I see no other possible reaction from SS other than an angry face from Yamamoto and Hinamori trying to get permission to join up with Ichigo.

euhsung
September 03, 2006, 04:33 PM
Well, the Naruto chapter has a one sentence long sidetext saying: The power of Chad and the Newly- reborn Ishida? What are their new techniques?

That's precisely what I think will happen.

sblackburn
September 03, 2006, 05:11 PM
The Naruto chapter said that??? :blink

meh.

i predict lots of parrallels with their escapades in SS.
So their first opponent will be easy. real easy. :noworry

Urazz
September 03, 2006, 05:44 PM

Actually, I think it would be more likely they wouldn't interfere with Ichigo and company attacking Aizen to rescue Inoue but would take both groups out while both are preoccupied with each other and weaker due to fighting each other. It would be the thing smart bad guys would do in my opinion.

Makiyura
September 03, 2006, 09:40 PM
Actually, I think it would be more likely they wouldn't interfere with Ichigo and company attacking Aizen to rescue Inoue but would take both groups out while both are preoccupied with each other and weaker due to fighting each other. It would be the thing smart bad guys would do in my opinion.

good point, SS might put a call out to rid both of all them in one swoop, but i dont think they can defeat Ichigo, he is their potent weapon ( they cant afford to have him killed too early)!

colorpurple
September 04, 2006, 09:46 AM
good point, SS might put a call out to rid both of all them in one swoop, but i dont think they can defeat Ichigo, he is their potent weapon ( they cant afford to have him killed too early)!

i agree, except, i dont think there is any one in SS that can beat him, at least, i would like to think so

prediction: ishda fires oen arrow and bam thats oen down, and then they turn corner and grimjaw is there, and then chad's like, its my turn, and then he kicks grimjaw's butt and then ishda and ichigo are stunned by his strength

bax
September 04, 2006, 12:26 PM
I would say that Urahara will train those three :darn. If so, then I predict Tatsuki will become uber as she is exposed to Ichigo's weird spirit power since she was little.

Although I prefer the idea of the trio of Urahara, Isshin and Ryuuken go to face Aizen as well. And I also really believe that Aizen knows Isshin. Maybe 30 years ago (as mentioned by Urahara) when Isshin "retired" as a shinigami, maybe he was supposedly killed by Aizen. Or maybe he was outcasted along with Urahara. The fact that Soul Society acts or doesn't know that Ichigo has a shinigami father may well be explained in this arc as well. :tem Just like Kon said when he was saved by Isshin, if Ichigo has a shinigami father, then Ichigo s not just some ryoka, he is the heir of a true shinigami.

colorpurple
September 04, 2006, 12:39 PM
I would say that Urahara will train those three :darn. If so, then I predict Tatsuki will become uber as she is exposed to Ichigo's weird spirit power since she was little.

Although I prefer the idea of the trio of Urahara, Isshin and Ryuuken go to face Aizen as well. And I also really believe that Aizen knows Isshin. Maybe 30 years ago (as mentioned by Urahara) when Isshin "retired" as a shinigami, maybe he was supposedly killed by Aizen. Or maybe he was outcasted along with Urahara. The fact that Soul Society acts or doesn't know that Ichigo has a shinigami father may well be explained in this arc as well. :tem Just like Kon said when he was saved by Isshin, if Ichigo has a shinigami father, then Ichigo s not just some ryoka, he is the heir of a true shinigami.

you have very valid points, and i like where youre going with it, and yet, i cant remember whether it was stated that his mother was also a shinigami, im almost sure she was, but i cant say for sure, because im too lazy to go back and check in teh manga, as for prediction, i stick with my other one...[br]Posted on: September 04, 2006, 01:38:13 PM_________________________________________________allow i do remember that she must have had some spritual capabilities because she could see hollows, if i remember correctly

ttxdragon
September 04, 2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah, most likely Renji will be like, "That idiot...." and Rukia will worry about him. Other than that, I see no other possible reaction from SS other than an angry face from Yamamoto and Hinamori trying to get permission to join up with Ichigo.

why do i imaging a 1-3 panel blend of kenpachi getting all mad at ichigo getting all the fun by himself....?

for chapter predictions:
first we will get urahara and the three there to talk and yoruichi appearing... urahara takes his leave to get what is 'his part' this time and lets yoruichi handle everything with those three onwards (whether they want to step into the realm of the spiritual world or not etc).

scene-switch to SS
Captains Meeting - we will get to see all of the new captains now
Our Old dude (can't remember squad ones captains name xD) holds a speech which informs the captains of the actions made by our 'acting shinigami' and warns them to take no action till further notice. meeting ends - the captains on their way back will be shown - at least some - and their reactions. rukia will not know until renji gets to know from byakuya whats going on... so no reaction from her.

scene changes to HM
Aizen giving all orders for the disposal of the intruders to the top ten arrancar.
there will be at least one missing: Grimmjow, because he can't stand to get ordered around...

scene goes to ichigo-tachi
we get to see the first arrancar being killed...

chapter end...

at least that's what i hope will happen...

bax
September 04, 2006, 02:11 PM
:amuse

And what is really amusing is Ishhin and Ryuuken's appearance, the timing couldn't be better isn't it?

Dragonzair
September 05, 2006, 04:56 AM
Well, the Naruto chapter has a one sentence long sidetext saying: The power of Chad and the Newly- reborn Ishida? What are their new techniques?

They usually are false. :p

@baxteristic: I agree with the training. But I don't think Mizuiro can see spirits, since he was the only one hasn't been in contact with one yet.

JadeSpirit
September 05, 2006, 09:28 AM
Ichigo and co. will definitely engage in battle with that arrancar,whoever it is.It's just a matter of when,or

It'll go back to Ryuuken and Isshin,talking about their sons and Isshin's loss of powers(?) and all that(the whole situation,perhaps).Quoting Ryuuken,"Your powers returned?"Maybe we'll find out more about their past in the next chapter,but knowing KT,the questions which readers want answered the most are usually kept for later.,or

Urahara will be telling Tatsuki,Mizuiro and Keigo about the war and all the other stuff they will probably need to know.He might probably train them all to 'bring out their powers',but as for Mizuiro,since he hasn't seen spirits,maybe Urahara will do the same thing to him that he did when Ichigo lost his shinigami powers.Not sure this will work,however,since Mizuiro isn't a shinigami.

Or maybe,there'll be a scene in SS or something.Where they discuss Ichigo's going to Hueco Mundo,or,knowing how these guys operate,they will be informed about it.

Hm,maybe Aizen will contact SS?(Though I think it highly unlikely)

As for Ichigo engaging in battle with Grimmjaw,that's definitely going to happen in the near future.Maybe in this chapter,after that first arrancar turns up,Grimmjaw will cut in?Or maybe it IS Grimmjaw himself,though the hand looks too big for that to be the case.

Ulquoirra will probably be given orders to capture them alive,and Aizen will want to use them for some kind of weird new plan.Maybe to extort something from SS?(though it is extremely unlikely because they don't care about them)If they know about Orihime's powers,they will probably do all they can to get her back.

Ichigo's inner hollow could possibly be brought out because of the environment.Aizen may then manipulate him into fighting for his (evil xD) cause.SS will also deem him a traitor,Rukia will be extremely upset and in the upcoming war,they'll(SS) have to fight against him.Who knows?Maybe Orihime will turn evil too.

Another far-fetched idea which is,like the rest of the ones above,99.99% wrong:What if Urahara is actually on Aizen's side?What if the whole Hougyoku thing was a sham and they're actually conspiring to achieve world domination?Maybe Urahara was really behind all of this?(though,like I said,highly unlikely)

And as for Isshin,why did he leave SS?Why did he lose his powers?I'm thinking Urahara had something to do with this too?If Ryuuken,Isshin and Urahara know each other and were somehow involved in Urahara's banishment,could they be working on something else too?Are Urahara and Isshin also 'vizards'?And why was Isshin not mentioned at all in SS?Why was there no recognition when Ichigo went around introducing himself and fighting?Hmmm...Could they all be part of another sub-conspiracy/hidden plot?

(All above predictions are 99.99% likely to be wrong.)

bax
September 05, 2006, 10:46 AM
@baxteristic: I agree with the training. But I don't think Mizuiro can see spirits, since he was the only one hasn't been in contact with one yet.

That may be true but I don't agree fully on it. Well, those three watched Ichigo, Chad and Ishida entered the portal into HM, right? So if Mizuiro can't see spirits, meaning he only witnessed Chad and Ishida, since he can't see shinigamis (obviously are spirits).

Dragonzair
September 05, 2006, 01:55 PM
^True, but we don't really know if he saw all three headed. I don't think there were any implications just yet.

Lemme check. XD

They haven't said a thing about seeing anyone...just Keigo asking how long Kisuke knew they were there. But it's a definite that Tatsuki heard what Ichigo said, due to ther expression.

Guess we'll find out next chapter.

Personally, as much as I want to see the fight, I'm more curious about waht Kisuke would say to them. So yay! More talk in the next chapter please!!! :wtf

bax
September 05, 2006, 02:02 PM
They haven't said a thing about seeing anyone...just Keigo asking how long Kisuke knew they were there. But it's a definite that Tatsuki heard what Ichigo said, due to ther expression.

Oh BTW, I found out this in Chapter240. Urahara said that the three is following Ichigo. That means they really do see Ichigo-Shinigami since Ichigo met Urahara outside still in his Shinigami form (Chapter239). personally, I would say the three can see Ichigo-Shinigami, unless they are just blindly following Tatsuki (since only Tatsuki confessed she can see Ichigo-Shinigami).

About more talk in next chapter, I second that. This story doesn't have enough build-up for it to jump into the fight scenes yet.

Fortisdiablos
September 05, 2006, 02:10 PM
Well, Keigo should be able to see Ichigo since he saw the afro Shinigami guy, Ikkaku and Yumichika fighting that Arankal before. So...the only one that we don't really know about for sure is Mizuiro.

bax
September 05, 2006, 02:21 PM
6. As for why I think Isshin is the former Captain of the 5th Squad, he knows about Aizen and his plans without Urahara having to tell him, meaning that he had some knowledge of what Aizen was planning before Aizen became a Captain.

Personally, that will be quit unlikely but still not out of the picture. If Isshin is a former captain, don't you think that Soul Society will surely realized Ichigo has relationship with him? Perhaps Isshin is a Shinigami borned like Ichigo not the typically raised Shinigami raised by SS.

goofy_man
September 05, 2006, 02:50 PM
Personally, that will be quit unlikely but still not out of the picture. If Isshin is a former captain, don't you think that Soul Society will surely realized Ichigo has relationship with him? Perhaps Isshin is a Shinigami borned like Ichigo not the typically raised Shinigami raised by SS.

Warning: Long explaination coming..... :sweatdrop

Well....here was my thinking: Isshin must have asked Urahara or Yamamoto to destroy all records of him being a Shinigami, probably foreseeing that one of his kids may become a Shinigami. Of course, there are a couple problems with this theory; those are Yamamoto, Shunsui, Ukitake, possibly Unohana--but most importantly--Gin, Tousen, Komamura, and Aizen....if Isshin was indeed their former superior, they would have noticed that Ichigo was his son.

So here's my new theory: Isshin was involved in some kind of big fight (probably either against or alongside Ryuuken--as he knew that Isshin lost his powers) where he was either forced to sacrifice most of his powers or had most of them taken from him (when I say "most", I'm talking along the lines of 95%-99% of his power, as he would need at least 1% to regain his full power, in theory). After that fight, he was most likely presumed dead by Soul Society and moved to the real world in a gigai and started a new life there, keeping his past a secret. After Ichigo went to Soul Society to rescue Rukia, either he probably approached Urahara--who was a good friend of his back in SS--in order to reclaim his powers back, or Urahara told Isshin about what Ichigo was doing, as well about Hyougoku, making Isshin realize that his help might be needed again.

colorpurple
September 05, 2006, 03:43 PM
there seems to be no1 who has thought of this so i will say it, what if, isshin got his powers form ichigo's mom, thusly becoming a step in shinigami, and also curing the fact that no one recognized him, what if then, she asked urahara to put her soul into a gigai, and then SS couldnt find her and thusly completely forgot about her and thusly not being able to make a connection between ichigo and her...how cool of a past would that be

bax
September 05, 2006, 04:13 PM
there seems to be no1 who has thought of this so i will say it, what if, isshin got his powers form ichigo's mom, thusly becoming a step in shinigami, and also curing the fact that no one recognized him, what if then, she asked urahara to put her soul into a gigai, and then SS couldnt find her and thusly completely forgot about her and thusly not being able to make a connection between ichigo and her...how cool of a past would that be

What about the condition of her death then? Eventhough she's in a gigai, she can sense that Grand-Fisher hollow that killed her right? For Isshin, I don't recall he's anywhere near the tragedy although I maybe wrong about this.

JadeSpirit
September 05, 2006, 07:27 PM
Maybe Isshin lost his powers before Masaki's death?

Then the theory about Isshin not becoming a shinigami the usual way would fit quite well...

I also agree with the fight-alongside-Ryuuken thing.It makes sense that Ryuuken knows he lost his powers...Come to think of it,could it be that on the night Ichigo became a shinigami,Isshin was unable to see him?And regained his powers later on?Urahara did ask how it felt being in his shinigami form after more than 20 years(or something along that line).I'm guessing that if the theory about Isshin not being a 'proper' shinigami is true,it makes sense that he might have lost his powers somewhere along the way(maybe like Ichigo).But then,what about the torn captain's jacket around his arm?Why does he know so much?I think Isshin knew about all those things long ago,and probably regained his powers between the time Ichigo became a shinigami or when Ichigo went to SS.It is unlikely that Urahara helped him,because in the chapter that he kills Grand Fisher,(now an arrancar)Urahara/Isshin said it'd been a long time since they last met.Also,Isshin knew a lot by then,so...I don't think Urahara was constantly in contact with him.

But I do wonder,does Aizen know about Isshin?As he left SS via. Negation,he said to Ichigo that he was 'an interesting human'...I believe Ulquiorra/some other arrancar also said something along the lines of 'He might join our ranks one day'(referring to Ichigo).If Isshin was the first such person to get his shinigami powers transferred to him,wouldn't Aizen know about him?Why was there no mention of him?

And if he did get his powers,from whom?If he got them from Masaki and later lost them,it makes sense that he should be unable to save her,and that Masaki should be unable to save herself.

Do not trust the above speculations and assumptions,they're likely 99.999% wrong.><

manira
September 05, 2006, 08:45 PM
And as for Isshin,why did he leave SS?Why did he lose his powers?
(All above predictions are 99.99% likely to be wrong.)

Another far-fetched Uruhara speculation: I think Uruhara's in nobody's side except for the King's, whoever KT will reveal it may be. I get the impression he's not doing this for SS or for HM, but he is performing what shinigami are supposed to do: balancing the two.

Hrm, about the moment where Isshin lost his powers - I wonder if he helped Ryuuken's father all those years ago, lost his powers, and that's how he (Souken) ended up being monitored by the shinigami? There isn't any information that Ryuuken and Uryuu were monitored, while (correct me if I'm wrong) Souken was monitored, according to the 12th Div captain. It could be an explanation why Ryuuken is never at his father's side, in a "go, my son, before the shinigami sees you and observes you and you can never escape" sort of way. That could explain his (Ryuuken's) distaste for shinigami in genereal.

But if Isshin lost his powers all those years ago, why did it take so many years to regain it? Or did he just prefer to use the gigai?

Sorry, just rambling

carlocardoso
September 06, 2006, 04:27 AM
I think Isshin lose of the powers is related to Shiba clan fallen: why is Isshin unknown to SS, or at least to young shinigamis? Why did Shiba Clan fall? We were never given any answers about the two previous questions but we know that:
1) Ichigo is a copy of Kaien, except for his orange hair.
2) Isshin is a shinigami.

Points 1) and 2) can suggest that Isshin came from Shiba clan and this would explain why Ichigo resembles Kaien so much: no reincarnation theory, they could be relatives, perhaps even siblings with two different mothers and this would explain their differences: not just their hair... Kuukaku and Ganju have dark hair as well and Kaien was a skilled shinigami, but an ordinary one (no evidence of him having bankai, a hollow and so forth).

This explains only Kaien and Ichigo resamblance: what about Shiba clan fallen then?
Well the reason is unknown but two things are sure:
1) the fallen happened AFTER Kaien's death, otherwise he wasn't a vice-captain when he died.
2) Ichigo is a power house...

Since the beginning of Bleach it was said more times how much reiatsu Ichigo has and his developing speed was astonishing as well (at a time where there wasn't any trace of his hollow side): he's not ordinary shinigami at all, as shikai and bankai were a given to him, while other shinigamis struggle thousands of years to obtain it.
This clearly suggests that Ichigo has a much higher quality reiatsu than even other captains: this could mean that one of his parents is related to the Royal Family.
Now I'm not saying that Masaki was the queen of SS, or the princess or what: it can be that Isshin was into the Royal Guards or only god knows, but this is a shonen manga so the main character must have the better connections and skills at the end so his connection to the Royal Family is assured, even if I don't know what the connection exactly consist of.
Even so what about Shiba clan fallen? We know that Rukia was sentenced to death for high treason by giving her powers to a human, but the Kuchiki clan wasn't deprived of its privileges, so a member of the Shiba clan did an even worse act than high treason. Now there aren't many things that could be done more than high treason and so the mind naturally goes to the Royal Family again... one nice idea is that Isshin helped Masaki in escaping to the real world (was she bored? :D), with a gigai kindly given by Urahara. This would explain his escape from SS and the ban of Urahara from SS.

mars0103
September 06, 2006, 03:47 PM
i want to see ichigos face when he finds out that his dad is a shimigai. this is a though isshin trained ichigo martial arts and in the chapter 2 isshin says i have nothing to teach you does this mean that isshin new straight away that ichigo turned into a death god.

ttxdragon
September 06, 2006, 03:49 PM
i want to see ichigos face when he finds out that his dad is a shimigai. this is a though isshin trained ichigo martial arts and in the chapter 2 isshin says i have nothing to teach you does this mean that isshin new straight away that ichigo turned into a death god.

that's to assume... kon wasn't introduced that much later... remember him saying 'i never called you ichigo when you were in his body'? that makes it easy to assume he knew that ichigo is a shinigami, since he could detect things, even if his powers then were not complete...

sblackburn
September 07, 2006, 03:01 AM
Yo
What if Ichigo's dad's simply Urahara's lieutenant? Then it'd make sense for him not to be mentioned in SS, as he's only 2nd in command.
PLUS how the hell would anyone know they're related??? Unless they know his surname.... :amuse

goofy_man
September 07, 2006, 09:39 AM
Yo
What if Ichigo's dad's simply Urahara's lieutenant? Then it'd make sense for him not to be mentioned in SS, as he's only 2nd in command.
PLUS how the hell would anyone know they're related??? Unless they know his surname.... :amuse

That is another fan theory. But Isshin has what appears to be the remnants of a Captain's robe on his left side, unless he dressed similarly to what Yamamoto's Vice Captain dresses like.....
Until Kubo Tite says anything, we will just have to keep speculating....

bax
September 07, 2006, 10:34 AM
Yo

I don't think so, since until now, every shinigami in SS knows the lieutenants. Another theory from me is that Isshin is one of the shinigami involved in creating that untraceable gigai and of course the Hyougoku.

exkon
September 07, 2006, 11:50 AM
I thought Isshin was a captain at one point. Thus his little captain fabric on his shoulder. Also, his little speech on how captain's have to control their spirit power or they have zakuptos the size of large buildings.

I wonder how Ichigo is going to fair if he can only remain in hollow form for 11 seconds....

conan
September 07, 2006, 12:53 PM
Ichigo is the type that works well under pressure, weve seen that in soul society, when he fought zaraki kenpachi and others he kept growing in sudden bursts depending on the pressure that faced him, I think this will go on and he would be able to keep his mask for more than eleven minutes.
about ishin, I agree with you, what he said is very strong evidence that he used to be a captain at the gotei 13.

walkie
September 08, 2006, 06:12 AM
that is a good chapter, i really enjoyed reading it....i think ichigo will start to understand what team means :)

kazekage_shinagami
September 08, 2006, 06:47 AM
I liked this chap. good lead in to next weeks...

Oh by the way did anyone else notice that the top part of Chad's arm is different from before?

Deerkiller
September 08, 2006, 06:51 AM
and did you also notice the piece that started to come off of his left arm too?

Urazz
September 08, 2006, 06:53 AM
that is a good chapter, i really enjoyed reading it....i think ichigo will start to understand what team means :)

Well, we've never had the opportunity to see them work together really. It was always 1v1 till this point really.

mangadictus
September 08, 2006, 07:20 AM
True. Nice Chapter. We got action and that's what we needed. Ishida's new bow looks interesting, though. I'm just wondering if Hueco Mundo is also made up of spirit material. If it is, then Ishida is a GODLIKE Nuker *LOL*

mars0103
September 08, 2006, 09:53 AM
i was thinking 200 year ago Urahara so we know that isshin is at least that old due to that he knows him but didn't ken kill the 11th captain or did he?

mangadictus
September 08, 2006, 10:02 AM
i was thinking 200 year ago Urahara so we know that isshin is at least that old due to that he knows him but didn't ken kill the 11th captain or did he?

That's been a pretty long standing arguement whether Isshin was the ex-captain that was killed by Zaraki. Nobody knows. But captains come and go.

Lohnt
September 08, 2006, 03:59 PM
Wouldn't Isshin be 200 years old in our world also then?

mangadictus
September 09, 2006, 05:58 AM
Wouldn't Isshin be 200 years old in our world also then?

Aging in Soul Society isn't clear to me also. I thought they don't grow old there. But then you get to see some of them grow of good age.

Lohnt
September 10, 2006, 03:09 AM
I have to say (finally having read a scanlation) I'm dissapointed by this chapter.. I was hoping we'd finally have the situation where Chad and Ishida are able to fight the same enemies are Ichigo, but it seems they're still fighting "not quite Vastrode" Arrancar.. *sigh* this is very dissapointing and quite unnecessary since Ichigo could have taken them out himself..

If they have new powers, then they should be fighting the 9th and 10th Espada, not some unintelligent Menos that could not achieve human form Arrancar power..

midnight789
September 10, 2006, 10:33 AM
I have to say (finally having read a scanlation) I'm dissapointed by this chapter.. I was hoping we'd finally have the situation where Chad and Ishida are able to fight the same enemies are Ichigo, but it seems they're still fighting "not quite Vastrode" Arrancar.. *sigh* this is very dissapointing and quite unnecessary since Ichigo could have taken them out himself..

If they have new powers, then they should be fighting the 9th and 10th Espada, not some unintelligent Menos that could not achieve human form Arrancar power..

All in good time, i think this is just a little demo to whet our appetites.....at least that's what it's doing for me.

mangadictus
September 11, 2006, 07:37 AM
All in good time, i think this is just a little demo to whet our appetites.....at least that's what it's doing for me.

Talking about appetizers, this one did a really good job.

Gold Knight
September 14, 2006, 02:22 AM
Bleach Ten Comments up for this chapter. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=8512.0)

I've started to review Bleach too for the last few weeks along with Naruto, and also OP as well. I don't think a lot of members here realize it though >.> So, I decided to advertise it a bit. If you're interested at all, check it out.

exkon
September 14, 2006, 01:23 PM
Good warm-up for Chad and Ishida, can see how Ishida plays a psychological warfare. Seriously, if I had to fight it would make me angry too.