PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Which Devil Fruit Power Would Fit the non-DF Users in the Straw Hat Crew?

monkey D luffy
November 10, 2008, 04:28 PM
in one piece it seems that devil fruits are given to people according to their personality and traits (of course there are some exeptions)
but it seems that the devil fruits that will fit the remaining non DF users of the crew is already taken:
zoro:
since he is a sword user he might want to use the fruit mr1 has but since it is already taken zoro cant use that.
also, correct me if im wrong im not sure about this, it was implied that mihawk is a DF user that means he is using a DF that zoro might want or need.
sanji:
well hes perverted nature and the fact that he stated it himself makes the invisibilty fruit his ultimate DF.
ussop:
since he is a sharp shooter he might need one of 2 traits exploding artillery like gambit from x-men but the fruit that is capable of this belongs to mr 5 or the ability to change the weight of his bullets but the kilo kilo fruit is also already taken.
nami:
she is a master of the climet so the weather fruit is probably most suited for her but dragon might have it (we cant tell for sure but he did save luffy with a thunder and a gust of wind so i think he can control the weather.
franky:
he is my only exeption i cant think of a devil frit suited to him at all maybe someone can help me with that?

Sachsenhesse
November 11, 2008, 07:25 AM
zoro:

ancient zoan fruit triceratops :)

sanji:

a fruit which makes every woman love shim

ussop:

pinocciofruit, when he lies he becomes stronger

nami:

fart fart no mi =D so she can create fire and iceballs with her body without the climatact

franky:

lumber lumber no mi =D so he can create lumber from nothing and build everything you can imagine

chihoho
November 11, 2008, 07:41 AM
zoro:

zoan demon form

Nami:

wind logia fruit

Ussop:

zoan giant fruit

Franky:

the dance fruit

Fox666
November 11, 2008, 08:34 AM
he can create lumber from nothingFranky already do it!! o.o

Akainu
November 11, 2008, 09:41 AM
I could imagine Franky with a cola-cola-no-mi.
it would enable him to do his attacks whenever he wants without keeping an eye on the bottles inside him ^^
atm a bit overpowered but if you compare that to the really strong ones ...

monkey D luffy
November 11, 2008, 11:21 AM
i intended to use this thread to determine why the non DF users in the crew wont be able to use logical DF (as opposed to some suggestions here that are totally wacky but will probably exist in the one piece universe. but oh well guess i didnt name my thread right and it came out for the best or that someone changed the thread name for me...

@chihoho i thought of giving nami the wind logina devil fruit but it didnt match her fighting style...
i mean what about the rain and thunder if anything enel DF would be better for her cause she is using a lot of thunder attacks lately.

i thought of these over night:
nami:
compass compass no mi: well she is a navigator so its making sense that she will have a compass DF.

sanji: heat (not fire) DF. he could heat up his lag thus making diable jambe even deadlier and also head makes some things move faster and since he is relying on his speed it would be good for him.
btw did anyone notice that sanji might keep up to luffy even when he is in gear 2nd form? i mean sanji was fast enough to fight with jyabura and his soru was probably the best since he could use that combined with tekkai and he was the only one capable of doing this among the cp9.

zoro:
spider zoan: partially suits his ashura attack exept for the head thing the other choice is octopus but that will suck it will be as if hachi joined the crew

ussop:
hawk eyes DF (not mihawk's if he possess one but the abilty to have hawk like eyes)
his sniping ability will be enough to really call him sogeking.

franky:
well cola cola no mi or wood wood no mi fit him best

arynelson
May 09, 2009, 04:50 PM
is there any possibility that zoro or sanji, even usopp or nami eat a devil fruit?

ofir271
May 09, 2009, 05:00 PM
i cant see that happen. maybe ussop but i dont think so.
its more possible that they will have somthing that ate DF like a weapon a shild or part of the ship.

beastboy
May 09, 2009, 05:51 PM
luffy+ other DF NOOOO I don't want luffy to die
well zoro + Logia or good parameciaDF + haki >> mihawk(I don't think this will happen)
Nami+DF or weapon with a DF= good fights specialy if it is a wether wether fruit(my prevision for today is a clean and beautiful day exept....)
usop...(= nami)
sanji + good DF = I can't imagine is awessom (this won't happen)
choppa + DF= my kawaii-chan can't die :(
robin + DF = robin can+t die so who could read the poneglifs for me???
franky + DF = is to suppa this would rock but is not going to happen :(
brook + DF = HE WOULD DIE although he's already death yoyoyoyoyo(bad skull joke--")

Onomatopoeia
May 09, 2009, 06:38 PM
No I think not.

Zoro and Sanji I most certainly can't see eating a DF. Their fighting styles might change which I would hate. Plus they constantly have to save Luffy from the water. If they ate a DF then Luffy might not make it through a week.

Ussop and Nami have always been portrayed as the people who aren't monsters in any way and have little physical strength and rely on their wits. A DF would ruin that.

Franky is Franky. I don't even know if he could eat a DF/ how it would affect a Cyborg. It would also have to be soda flavored.

exdahzy
May 09, 2009, 07:16 PM
i cant see that happen. maybe ussop but i dont think so.
its more possible that they will have somthing that ate DF like a weapon a shild or part of the ship.

excactly what my thoughts are.

Sachsenhesse
May 09, 2009, 08:17 PM
usopp... fuck yeah!

on the island he is, he already had one between his fingers, let him be a flying beetle so that he can snipe from the air :D

Naisho
May 09, 2009, 10:00 PM
I aspect wind logia for Nami it suit her perfectly. She want to be free and there is nothing has more freedom then wind.
As for Dragon, i think he has some other weather-related paramecia. Pressure - you can easily create wind and change weather like he did in Logue town.

BlindMunkey
May 10, 2009, 12:51 AM
i honestly think. no more DF users in strawhats group. they have 4 already thts more than enuff for one crew. even the next member of the luffy pirates.

kkck
May 10, 2009, 03:07 AM
The only strawhat I could possibly see eating a fruit is ussop and only if it is a extremely inconspicuous one, something you won't be seeing regularly. Maybe something that could enhance his eyesight to further umprove his sharpshooter skills or something along the lines of that...

ofir271
May 10, 2009, 06:43 AM
The only strawhat I could possibly see eating a fruit is ussop and only if it is a extremely inconspicuous one, something you won't be seeing regularly. Maybe something that could enhance his eyesight to further umprove his sharpshooter skills or something along the lines of that...
i also think if anyone then ussop but ussop allready have the mask and its the same effect as DF.i did like the idea of flying beatle ussop.but if that happen zoro snaji nami and francky will have a hard time swimming all day.

Akainu
May 10, 2009, 07:48 AM
usopp... fuck yeah!

on the island he is, he already had one between his fingers, let him be a flying beetle so that he can snipe from the air :D

That most likely was not a DF though. No swirls etc. and that's something that characteristic I'm sure Oad wouldn't miss if it was one...

Naisho
May 10, 2009, 12:21 PM
Usopp cannot eat DF because he is fated to be weakest. Oda said. But he can bring DF on Sunny, and then Sanji by mistake make some juice/ice cream/etc from it and give it to Nami =^_^= so Nami get wind logia.

cheaptrick
May 10, 2009, 05:53 PM
wind logia? that's more likely dragon's df

and no i certainly wouldn't want any other strawhat to be a df user, it's cooler the way things are now, i guess

Razh
May 10, 2009, 06:04 PM
is there any possibility that zoro or sanji, even usopp or nami eat a devil fruit?

There is a possibility. This doesn't really require a separate topic.

Especially since there already is a topic concerning this matter (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43409).

Thank you for pointing that out. The threads have been merged.

Naisho
May 10, 2009, 09:34 PM
wind logia? that's more likely dragon's df

see post #7 in this topic

Rotten The Wizard
May 10, 2009, 10:49 PM
the closest thing would be Ussop with a zoan infused in a sniper rifle

kkck
May 10, 2009, 10:59 PM
i also think if anyone then ussop but ussop allready have the mask and its the same effect as DF.i did like the idea of flying beatle ussop.but if that happen zoro snaji nami and francky will have a hard time swimming all day.

Mask does not do anything at all though.

ofir271
May 11, 2009, 06:35 AM
Mask does not do anything at all though.

it makes him brave and he believe in himself,and thats exactly what he need to fullfill his dream.
but i have to agree it doesnt really do anything.it is working just because he is messed up.i guess he cant lie in this mode.
so maybe a DF that prevent lying can suit him well,somthing like the pinokyo fruit mentioned before.

Superman
May 11, 2009, 01:56 PM
Zoro - some wildbeast like gorilla or grizzlibear.

Sanji- no idea! Wait! Ah, he can control plants and let them grow outta his body and fight with them and he can even mask himself too. You know since he always calls Zoro Marimo or mosshead it would be pretty ironic:D:D:D:D

Nami swaaannnn~~~- Well, since Magellan already posesses the poison fruit hmmmm lemme think...something paracemea toxic or anxious stuff.:D:D:D

Usopp- A person multiplication fruit. I mean he can make more Usopps with other additudes but only 3.

Franky- hmmmm maybe a raceboat or something HAHAHAHAHA:XD:XD:XD DUNNO

Isto
May 11, 2009, 02:15 PM
haha usopp and a pinoccio fruit

ofir271
May 11, 2009, 05:47 PM
sanji - a fruit that make any part that he kick into food.that way he can use both him hands and legs,plus they wont spent so much on food(groce)

beastboy
May 11, 2009, 05:55 PM
sanji- fruit that trnsform you're arms in legs and our hands in feets^^.

kkck
May 11, 2009, 08:40 PM
sanji- fruit that trnsform you're arms in legs and our hands in feets^^.

Sanji's fighting technique relys on kicking exclusively. If he does use such an ability instead of making him stronger, you would make him do everything the other way around.... Sanji would have to learn how to fight all over lol.

bittman
May 11, 2009, 11:12 PM
the closest thing would be Ussop with a zoan infused in a sniper rifle

This.

Exactly what I was going to say.

OdaForPresident
May 12, 2009, 10:01 AM
I really like those ideas for Ussop, giant no mi or pinochio no mi are winners.

maybe the sunny will eat a devil fruit. The lion lion no mi. So that it becomes and actual lion. Or maybe some ancient zoan type like some aquatic dinosaur.

beastboy
May 12, 2009, 03:38 PM
sunny + DF = a bou that can't go to the watter^^.

k-dom
May 13, 2009, 12:58 AM
I wonder about that since Brook is able to float on the water. Since a boat is naturally floating, it may not be affected by devil fruit sinking curse.

Lord Rayleigh
May 13, 2009, 05:09 PM
About the Sunny-go eating a DF, what could only be possible would be a piece of the boat eating a DF but not the soul of the Sunny-go itself : otherwise, it would sink.
For example, the paws of Sunny-go, the cannon.

Personnaly, I do not think this will happen and neither for the others SHs : I really do not like the idea of a SH eating a DF. It is an easy way to gain power ...

MokiSenpai
March 28, 2010, 05:13 AM
I would give Ussop a totaly useless fruit power, to boost his comic relief :D Imagine, he ate a fish model zoan fruit X) He can't use it in the water for obvious reasons, and on the ground, he's like flapping around aimlessly xD And for the big money, Oda would make him solve impossible situations with his weak, useless ability. Like a Vice Admiral slipping over his fish skin mucus XD

Just picture it... Usopp jumps in the action with full dedication, and he turns into a fish... XD That would be friggin' hilaaaarious XD

Uriel
March 28, 2010, 10:44 AM
Make Ussop MORE useless? No, please. Keep it as it is. It's no fun when a joke repeats itself so many times. And him swimming is needed for the other 4 DF users on board.

sindergi
March 28, 2010, 10:52 AM
I dont want any of the sh having a DF (except the ones who allready have one).
Why ? For the same reason why i like mihawk.....finally a really strong man without a DF !!!!

mhmmm......maybe only for a DF-sword for Zorro or a DF-slingshot for Ussop (he is just too weak.....ok i know Oda said that Ussop should be a "normal" human compared to the other characters but a little power-up wouldnt be too bad )

OunknownO
March 28, 2010, 11:47 AM
maybe the pachinko will eat a devil fruit.

Uriel
March 28, 2010, 02:31 PM
maybe the pachinko will eat a devil fruit.
THAT could be hilarious. A Panda-chinko :3

superman97
March 28, 2010, 04:48 PM
Zoan Devil Devil Zoan fruit for Zoro. It would be awesome if he can take on the form of a devil to go with his scary aura that is always mentioned.
[hr]

Make Ussop MORE useless? No, please. Keep it as it is. It's no fun when a joke repeats itself so many times. And him swimming is needed for the other 4 DF users on board.
That's why I am hoping Jimbei joins. So far he is the most useful fighter near water, and would insure noone in the crew drowns.

Bugzee
March 30, 2010, 06:52 PM
Flame Flame Fruit - Sanji

You can complain, argue and modsmack me if you want. I personally think the flame fruit would compliment Sanji's style. Especially, after he went SSJ back in Thriller Bark... ;) Plus, wouldn't it be cool to see him use the flame df ability to light up a cigarette? :D Just like Ace did once back in Arabasta? :grin

Mera Mera no Mi = A Chef's best friend? :p

Right now, it's highly unlikely that the flame flame fruit will return to it's natural form so quickly after Ace's tragic death. :( Unless, Oda comes up with a way that the Flame Flame Fruit rapidly re-emerges back as one with nature, I'm afraid this will remain as a dream/fantasy for me. :XD

A long time ago I made a prediction that Sanji would one day eat a logia fruit. I've had some doubts over time but I'm still going to stick with it. :shakefist

OunknownO
March 31, 2010, 07:06 AM
There won't be logia in strawhat crew, because logia is way overpowering.... You even luffy's future oponnents(supernovas) don't have logia fruit powers

EDIT:- I don't think that there will be anymore devilfruits at all unless perona joins

deffkryz
April 02, 2010, 05:43 PM
Zoro: I can't say why, but I see him as a Zoan user: Hence Neko Neko no Mi, Model Tiger - it fits perfectly to his explosive nature.

Sanji: Now that he most likely became an okama... How about a Tori Tori no Mi, Model Flamingo? ;)

Ussop: If it's a Zoan DF, then a mythical one that fits to his sharp shooting skills. I think he could make a great Sagittarius. (Ite Ite no Mi... Ushi Ushi no Mi, Model Ite?)

If it's a Paramecia DF, ... I can't think of something else but a nose growth ability.

Nami: Gold logia. ;) My name would be Kin Kin no Mi since "kin kin" may also mean "happy". On the other hand, the ability still may turn out to produce a hell lot of "fool's gold (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrite)" since there's a link to cat in its German name "Katzengold" - but I don't think Oda would think that far. ;)

Franky: Hm, unfortunaly that Supa Supa no Mi is already gone... A Kentaurus DF would be useless, and some wind blowing/air pressure as well... A cola producing paramecia may solve his energy problems but it would be cheating, wouldn't it?