PDA

View Full Version : Favorites Favorite Manga and Anime Quotes

duchess of dork
November 13, 2008, 12:36 PM
Hola, lets hear <...or read,for that matter :smile-big> those manga lines you love! words of wisdom, punchlines, moving/touching lines, pick up lines<lol> or, just lines.. :p whatever

this a good way to sell your favorite title{s} too. who knows, those catchy lines could get people to share commongrounds of reading interests with you...

Just provide along with that specific line{s} the manga TITLE, genre and if possible, the chapter showing that line. extra remarks wont hurt, as long as its brief and concise..<not a must though>

And please! only a maximum of 5 quotes at a time...to keep it interesting.

ok, lets get the ball rolling!! here's mine:

"Nice to meet you... Im Jiraiya! You can send me a loveletter later!"--pervy kermit, upon introduction to lil tsunade, NARUTO, ch405, shounen :lmao

"I want to live a love story w/c will be the turning point of my fate; have a meeting plotted by the demon king"--Nana, NANA, ch14, shoujo

^*phew, these are all i can think of at the moment* ahaha :sweatdrop

baboysai
November 15, 2008, 02:12 AM
These are my forever favorite quotes from my all-time favorite manga Fruits Basket (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruits_basket) (which I recommend to you too, duchess):

"What ever path you choose, remember that you don't have to force things like loneliness and Sadness to exist..."

"We are born with greed and malicious thoughts that's why these things are easy to understand. But not everybody has kindness, so it can easily be thought of as hypocrisy."

"Why are you always the one... who tells me the things I want to hear the most..?"

"You keep stepping on your hope, that if it dies you can go on without thinking. But it will always bloom, in a day, a month, or even ten years... Hope will always bloom."

"People who know the feeling of loneliness... cannot help but love."

Lyra Belaqua
November 15, 2008, 12:56 PM
Ah, I have a few nice ones saved.

Just now... When I saw the akuma, I could feel my blood boiling so vigorously, it was as if it had been frozen till then. I could hear my heart pounding so loudly that it was as if it hadn't been moving till then. I could feel the blood rushing in me and the warmth was so comforting... And then I realized... Before, you likened me -- my very existence -- to an anti-akuma weapon, and maybe you were right. What my soul craved so much was an akuma.
- Allen, "D.Gray-Man"

Ragnar: "It's astounding... How can your men drop their weapons so willingly, just because you tell them to? They could all be massacred as soon as they touch the ground."
Askeladd: "Amazing, isn't it? You might not believe it but my men do trust me quite a lot. Thorfinn, your daggers."
Thorfinn: "Fuck off, baldie."
Ragnar: "Hmm. Trust. I see."
- "Vinland saga“

The years that must have passed...
The decades gone by...
No... It has definitely been longer...
Countless lifetimes perhaps...
Be as it may...
How long... How long must I agonise before...
this blade puts me out of my misery?!
Quickly. Quickly. Quickly. Quickly. Quickly. Quickly. Quickly. Quickly.
Free me from this torment!
- Szayel Aporro Granz, "Bleach"

I last saw him ten years ago. Cute kid. Always smiling. He'd always chop off the limbs off his enemies... before beheading them!
- Kisame, "Naruto"

How much hate has filled and enveloped my heart,
how much stronger I've grown because of it...
You know NOTHING.
- Uchiha Sasuke, "Naruto"

- What is love, you say? Are you saying that Ragnar did not love me?
- ...Yes.
- Then I ask you: if Ragnar did not know love, then where might I find a man who properly embodies it?
- Over there. Look. - Points at a corpse. - It could be said that in death, he has become a thing of love far greater than any living being could hope to be. Already, he does not hate, does not kill, and does not steal. Is it not magnificent? Left where he is, he will selflessly provide sustenance for animals and insects. Buffeted by harsh winds, pelted by stinging rain, still he will not utter a single word in protest. Death is that which completes man.
- So you are saying that death is the true nature of love?
- Yes.
- ...Then parent's love for their child... of husband and wife for one another, the affection that Ragnar felt for me... What are those?
- Prejudice. They bear little difference from he who kneels before his king and then whips his slave. To Lord Ragnar you were more important than anyone else in this world, your Majesty. Most likely, he valued you more than his own life. For your sake, for you alone, he stood by and watched as sixty two villagers were murdered. Prejudice.
- I see... I understand. It is as though a fog has lifted from my mind. This snow... is love.
- ...Yes, it is.
- This sky... this earth... the blowing wind, the trees, the mountains. ...But... How must I express it...? Though this world... Though the work of God holds so much beauty... Is there no love in the heart of man?
Prince Canute and the monk, "Vinland saga“

Though I suspect that a big part of why I like these quotes so much is due to translators' choice of words.

baboysai
November 16, 2008, 09:54 AM
Vinland saga FTW! :woot

◆ T.D.A ◆
November 16, 2008, 12:56 PM
"RASENGAN!"

roma
November 29, 2008, 07:35 AM
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define reality.

But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true?" Merely vague concepts... Their "reality" may all be a mirage.

Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?

Uchiha Itachi --> Uchiha Sasuke
Naruto Chapter 385 p06

duchess of dork
November 29, 2008, 08:23 AM
^hey, thats a really good line ive forgotten all the while..

here, get a lil wiser by heeding Yasu's advise,

In this world, not everything will be won by justice, if you want to win, you have to learn to cheat a little bit! (http://www.onemanga.com/Nana/35/20/)

Onomatopoeia
November 29, 2008, 11:35 PM
You know I could go through a ton of quotes right now but one thats always stuck on my mind and really gets me everytime I hear it is this.

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No! When he suffers a disease? No! When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!

Dr. Hiruluk- One Piece:Chapter 146

Man so badass. The context makes it even better too(if possible).

Pirulito
November 30, 2008, 10:10 AM
A lots of things happened, but I've loved you this whole time!! Please, let me be Junpei's girlfriend once more..!!

Shortly impressive for those who dont read this manga. But this the best scene of all manga ever.
So beautiful, too romantic.

duchess of dork
December 01, 2008, 09:42 AM
@ pirulito-kuu..hey, is that a scene where an ex-gf pursues an old love back? i can feel it it that that storyline really flatters male readers...

@ Onomatopoiea--rings somewhat true<......not. :p its actually the other way around...:amuse>

Pirulito
December 01, 2008, 02:56 PM
yeah, more or less, dod.
and Ichigo 100% is a harem manga, so... it flatters male readers (with some ecchi scenes as well)

Onomatopoeia
December 01, 2008, 11:41 PM
@ Onomatopoiea--rings somewhat true<......not. :p its actually the other way around...:amuse>

Does the line "You'll live on in our hearts" mean anything to you?

One can argue that "true" death only happens when the last bit of influence of yourself leaves this world and no longer is anyone able to remember the person , course thats just me being rhetorical.

...Besides this is a Shounen Manga were talking about here

roma
December 02, 2008, 08:53 AM
naruto quotes again:

Genma:
When captured birds grow wiser, they try to open the cage with their beaks. They don't give up, because they want to fly again.

Haku:
When you protect the ones important to you, your true strength will show.
Can you understand? Not having a dream... not being needed by anyone... The pain of merely being alive.

Gaara:
Loneliness is this world's worst kind of pain.
Even if you knew that person was evil, people cannot win against their loneliness.

Sandaime:
When a person hates and doesn't acknowledge another's existence... The eyes that they use when looking at him are frighteningly cold.

haruka9
December 03, 2008, 01:22 AM
Nice thread ^__^.

Here are some of my favorites:

Naruto:

"I understand. If that's what it means to be wise.... I'd be happier living as a fool."
- Naruto

Rurouni Kenshin:

"Well, if you live long enough, you lose a lot.... just as long as you don't throw away them away. Whatever you lose, you'll find again, but what you throw away, you'll never get back."
- Oibore

Samurai 7:

"Stop thinking about following orders, we're the same as Kanbei. And that's why I'm telling you to stop being such a good boy since I know that you know what a samurai has to do these days. That damn Kanbei treats us all like his kids! we have to go and save Rikichi's wife and we won't give a damn what anyone thinks!"
- Kikuchiyo

One Piece

"If I can't even protect my captain's dream then whatever ambition I have is nothing but just talk!"
- Zoro

Hunter X Hunter

"No way. I hate killing people for charity. Come at me you pieces of shit. Even if you've become rotten, aren't you still residents of this place?! Show your spirit until the end!!!! Go out with a bang....!"
- Phinx

duchess of dork
December 03, 2008, 03:35 PM
Nice thread ^__^.
"Wow.... the word 'date' is being thrown all around."
- Killua

but guys, let me remind you youre exceeding the five quotes at a time rule...

@Onomatopoeia-yes i get it... thats what that emoticon >>>:p<<< was for. :)

and the 2nd line of your latest post could pass for a quote as well.:lmao.

One can argue that "true" death only happens when the last bit of influence of yourself leaves this world and no longer is anyone able to remember the person , course thats just me being rhetorical.

and here, since im rereading nana for some timeline analysis, this nana reverie is so matter-of-factly.

hey hachi,even though i always believed that life should be fighting against the tides that strike against you, taking things as the way they flow isnt such a stupid idea at all. as long as everything just keeps on flowing forward then thats already enough. (http://www.onemanga.com/Nana/38/46/)-nana oosaki

haruka9
December 04, 2008, 04:10 AM
but guys, let me remind you youre exceeding the five quotes at a time rule...

Sorry Duchess.... I'm really sorry T__T.

Anyway, I already edited my post so it can stick to the rule ^__^

Sorata
December 04, 2008, 08:08 PM
Here come my 5 favorite quotes:

- Not everyone who works hard is rewarded, however, all those who succeed have worked hard. By Kamogawa Genji(Hajime no Ippo)

- Those with a strong desire don´t care about themselves until they´ve fullfiled that desire. That is why they are strong. By Ashura Hou(Tsubasa Chronicles)

- Anyone who wants to be a first-rate man, will encounter a time when there is no reason to fight back! By Black Beard(One Piece)

- Weaklings will stay weak forever. But weakness is not evil, sincehuman beings are weak creatures to begin with. Alone you feel nothing but insecurity; that´s why we form guilds. That´s why we have nakama. We walk together in order to live a strong life. The clumsy ones will run into more walls than the others and it may also take them longer to get there. If you believe in tomorrow and put yourself out there, you can naturally obtain your strength. That´s how you will be able to smile and live strong. By Makarov(Fairy Tail)

- Just because you enlarge your muscles and learn techniques from a "How To" book, that will not make you stronger. It takes dull repetitions of practice and basic training. Only those who train properlywill have the heart to rebound in any type of situation. By Shin Seijuurou(Eyeshield 21)

bakura_revenge
December 05, 2008, 10:37 PM
My Favourite Quotes:
----------------------

i put the whole word, but i use underline tag to show my favorite.

--"If we had'nt kept our secret, we would never have won. I can give you no higher praise than that, my former teacher."

-Pain, Naruto

--"Nobody can beat me in NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

-Usop, One Piece

--"Don't get close to me.. How could i possibly be okay...? Everything... I'm tired of it all... that's why... i want to put an end to it all... If i kill every single Pureblood there is.. then this will certainly be forgiven as well.. You didn't do anything bad.. Yukii..."

-Kiryuu Zero, Vampire Knight

--"If you want to die so badly, i'll kill you myself! So, until then, live!"

-Kurogane, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

--"..............,It's settled, it's my win!"

-Yamato Takeru, Eyeshield 21

shaula_aelas
March 11, 2009, 03:54 PM
"Inherited will, the swelling of the changing times, And the dreams of people. These are things that cannot be stopped. As long as people seek the answer to freedom, these will never stop!" Monkey D Dragon ?, One piece

VASSiLi
March 11, 2009, 04:16 PM
"And I will be the God of the new world!" ~ Death Note

"Watashi wa.. Eru desu" ~ Death Note

"Yo, Aloe vera. Where the fuck is Sasuke?" ~ Naruto

And the whole Naruto's chapter 229

duchess of dork
March 19, 2009, 10:56 AM
"Yo, Aloe vera. Where the fuck is Sasuke?" ~ Naruto

wt*toot* i totally forgot about that really funny namecall...yo, aloe vera! :lmao

Googlez_kun
March 24, 2009, 02:10 PM
"If my arms get ripped off,I'll just kick him to death.
If my legs get ripped off,I'll just bite him to death.
If my head gets ripped off,I'll just stare him to death.
If my eyes get ripped out,I'll just curse him to death."~Naruto(chapter 303,NARUTO)

"Those in the ninja world who break the rules and regulations are called filth, but those who don't care about their companions... are even lower than filth.!~Obito(chapter 241,NARUTO)

they are the only ones i can think of rightnow^^'

Gecko Moria
March 24, 2009, 02:30 PM
I've got 2 that I can think of atm:

"People are able to hold onto hope, since death is that which cannot be seen."
-Rukia [Bleach]

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A PINT-SIZED MIDGET YOU CAN ONLY SEE WITH A MICROSCOPE!?!?" -Edward Elric [Fullmetal Alchemist]

stelok
May 28, 2009, 07:39 AM
"I didn't know it is possible to impregnate a girl by hugging." -- Kai Suwabara from Yakitate! Japan

BBB Banana
August 15, 2009, 08:05 AM
From gintama by gintoki:
''That´s a good attitude. You should hate me more, curse me more, and detest me! Then you should take the power of that hatred and use it to survive this rotten world'' (yes, Itachi parody, lol)

Another one from gintama by gintoki:

"Listen up! What we need is this! Yes, calcium! If we have enough calcium, we can do anything!

Trouble with tests?
Fighting with your parents?
Some girl you like?
Odiferous nethers?

If you have enough calcium, all of these can be solved!"

Again from gintoki this one's a parody of one piece:

"Every since childhood we've dreamed of being pirates. We're looking for the fabled treasure they call "One Pack", right Zura?"

Ok I admit I'm a gintama fanboy but is just so funny:

"Listen up!
Let's say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.
But it's cold outside your bed.
You don't want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong!
You make up your mind to go!
You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose!
You think that all your life has led to this moment!
But then you realize!
It isn't the bathroom, you're still in bed!
That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads like wildfire!
But you don't stop! You can't stop!
That's what I'm talking about!
THAT'S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK!
DO YOU GET IT!?"

And the last one:
Gintoki: "For a while now, I've been seeing a demon that looks like an old woman in this room..."
Doctor: "Sakata, it's okay; it's not a demon. This is a hospital, of course we have ghosts!"

thornofcarrion
August 15, 2009, 08:37 AM
"Nothing can happen till you swing the bat."
- FLCL-

Vegeta: "Goku! I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
Goku: "But Vegeta, we're already dead!"

-DBZ-

"If I were the rain that bind together the earth and the sky, who in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind the hearts of people together?"

-Bleach-

feisu-chan
August 17, 2009, 04:12 PM
There is no coincidence in this world,only hitsuzen... - Ichihara Yuuko (xxxHolic, TRC)

There are bonds, friendships that affect one another, that's why... ... you can never be free... - still from the great Yuuko :D

HOE?! - Kinomoto Sakura (CCS)

Hanyan - Sakura again (are these quotes?! hihihi)

and one from Naruto, but i forgot the exact line, i'll look for it so i can sleep tonight :eyeroll

Kaiten
August 17, 2009, 08:06 PM
He's 100% nice! No.... It's like he was made out of niceness! ~ Kimi ni Todoke

I'm much more unstable then any weather! ~ Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, believe in the Kamina that believes in you! ~ Gurren Lagann

Reject common sense, make the impossible possible! ~ Gurren Lagann

Weapon_X
August 17, 2009, 08:07 PM
Funny quotes

“Noooo, there’s no way I, a mere handsome and sexy shopkeeper, could possibly have bankai!” — Urahara Kisuke

Kankuro: "You're an interesting guy, I like you."
Naruto: "You're not interesting, I don't like you."
Kankuro: *thinking* This brat...I'm going to kill him. <<<< This made me LOL hard :lmao:lmao

Ustegius
August 19, 2009, 03:52 AM
"You'll understand when you come to my age"
- Yotsuba Koiwai, 5 years old, Yotsuba&!

Another one:
Yotsuba: What is this thing?
Asagi: It's a air conditioner. Its a machine that keeps you cool even in the summer.
Yotsuba: Oww, awesome! Can it make ice cream?

hunter71485
August 19, 2009, 05:26 AM
Everyone, throw these kunai at the enemy side together. I'll handle it after that.

- the episode that has this scene animated made me cry.

◆ T.D.A ◆
August 19, 2009, 06:01 AM
"YOU HAD NOTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE!! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT ME!!?? HUH!!?"

~ Sasuke

eyesotope
August 20, 2009, 09:13 AM
"one on one is nothing more than one of the many offensive techniques. before you truly understand that... I don't think I will ever lose to you"
Sendou Akira (Slam Dunk!)

"don't think that those who stepped out will be able to remain unscathed, alright? don't try to make things look pretty. you'll hurt yourself and others at the same time. become someone who continues ahead even when smeared with mud"
Evangeline A.K. McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima!)

"you're ...annoying"
Uchiha Sasuke (Naruto)

Weapon_X
August 21, 2009, 11:26 AM
Some funny Naruto stuff:

Jiraiya: They're 106 *looking serious*
Kakashi: Come again?
*panel showing Tsunade's boobs*
Jiraiya: 106 cm <<< :lmao:lmao

Naruto: *stabs hand*
Kakashi: I'm glad you removed the poison in such an enthusiastic way but now you will die from loss of blood. <<< :rofl:rofl

benelori
August 22, 2009, 06:17 PM
"This is nothing compared to the pain the world will suffer" Pein
"Watashi ga ten ni tatsu" Aizen
"There's no need for Konoha's Hokage to deal with the likes of these guys, you just go enjoy a nice cup of tea or something" Naruto
"Gramps did you see those old familiar forms" Gamakichi
"He's full of clever tricks as ususal" Chouza about Kakashi

I kinda have more these just popped into my mind now, so i searched the correct sentences...if any new...well see ya
Oh yeah the one in my sig=>the beginning of the end

Akiyama
October 13, 2009, 12:55 AM
Off the top of my head.

One Piece Usopp "I"M ALREADY NEGATIVE"

Googlez_kun
October 15, 2009, 01:07 PM
"Hot is hot!" - Moritaka Mashiro

After_Image
October 17, 2009, 02:33 AM
"Live well, age well and go bald well... And if you can, die smiling." -Kurosaki Isshin

Great quote to live by if you ask me. :woo

Drakno
October 17, 2009, 04:39 PM
Gerard: "On the other hand it looks I went a little too far, further damage to the R system would be troublesome."
Natsu: "The tower is made of crystal right? If it were damaged, it would lose it's power huh? THEN THAT'S TOO BAD FOR YOU! MAGES OF FAIRY TAIL SPECIALIZE IN PROPERTY DAMAGE!!"

ashher
November 07, 2009, 03:35 AM
I love so many of them.......many are cliche,some are foolish,but really u won't get the epicness of any of them unless u get to the chores of the works (like who would understand the beauty of yorick,"the fellow of infinite jest" unless he read the hamlet):

1. Bari Bari,Gosha Gosha,Baki Baki,Okui (Monster,not very sure if i have gotten the words right,cause i heard them in subbed anime actually and in the manga they are translated but that reduces the appeal of the words to me)

2.The worst thing that u can do is to steal a person's name (Monster)

3."you know,i believe in rebirth"
"yeah,we will all be reborn like aids virus" (Benkei in New York)

4."you prefer the night?"
"its more honest than the day" (Benkei in New York)

5.the only one who has the right to shoot is the one who is prepared to be shot. (Code Geass)

CBlitz
November 09, 2009, 12:24 AM
"Its useless....ITS ALL USELESS!"Umineko

"I'm afraid relying on me...will be the death of you"-Death Note

"My fighting level...is over 9000!"-Veritas

Mushashi
November 18, 2009, 04:17 AM
if you worry about the ants you squash under your feet you wont be able to walk-guts beserk

Kaiten
November 20, 2009, 02:37 AM
"....Don't inconvenience me by jumping here. If you really want to die try starving yourself to death. An ideal suicide for a human being....would be to starve to death". - Ida, from Jiraishin (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=156)

Keyshaaa
November 20, 2009, 03:34 AM
hoho i love the first quote very epic lol XD

1)"If someone breaks your heart you kill them obviously" (Gaara Ch361 omake XD)

The second one i like it cuz it kinda describes me lol so yupp XD

2) "How much hate has filled and enveloped my heart,now much stronger,i've grown because of it,you know nothing" (Sasuke C367)

This last two quotes are just so smooth in my opinion XD saying you are dead and declaring a war has never been this epic XD

3)"What do i see..Itachi?With the power i've gained,I see one thing,and it's crystal clear..I see you dead."(Sasuke C380)

4)"Very well...In that case I hereby declare..The 4th Ninja World War" (Tobi/Madara C467)

And the last one ohhh i just like the way it is their law XD lolz yesh i am a very sadistic person but it's nice XD

5) "And eye for an eye,A tooth for a tooth and Evil for Evil" (Code:Breaker)

anrufen
February 15, 2010, 01:56 PM
Look at me..Look at me...Look at how large the monster within me has become (monster)

Sayumi
February 15, 2010, 04:18 PM
Well, a lot of good ones have already been said..

Love this one though:

"If we become candles, I wanna have a nice pose." - Zoro, One Piece

Weapon_X
February 15, 2010, 09:18 PM
I love this quote from Aizen to Shinji:

"I guess it's only natural for inferior beings to ride on the coattails of their superior counterparts. If they wish to keep their lives, they have no choice but to obediently comply. It's a never ending chain... as the ones who are burdened with that trust, in order to escape that burden, seek to find someone even greater than themselves. These greater beings then seek others even greater than themselves to shelter them. This is how Gods are born. But make no mistake. They all still abide to me. Because from this point onward, you will witness first hand the power of the god they foolishly placed their faith in. I will become that god they have no choice but to believe in"

Sounds so...powerful. :blink

Bugzee
February 16, 2010, 10:47 AM
Blackbeard - A man's dream never dies! :shakefist

Rei Ayanami
February 16, 2010, 01:32 PM
"Mada mada dane"
- Ryoma Echizen (Prince of Tennis)

"I'll Take a Potato Chip...AND EAT IT!"
- Light Yagami (Death Note)

Sogeking: Do you want to know where the Island of Snipers is?
Chopper and Luffy: Yes! Where?
Sogeking: In your heart. (One Piece)

"You're annoying, Sakura."
- Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)

"If you believe that your destiny is decided, then most likely, it's decided. If you believe that nothing is decided, then most likely, nothing is decided."
- Yuuko Ichihara (xxxHOLIC)

Koshi_Inaba
February 16, 2010, 10:44 PM
"Those who are strong can afford to show compassion...and I am strong!"
(Claire Stanfield from Baccano!)

Zeltrax
February 27, 2010, 09:26 AM
Luffy quotes:

"Of course I can't use swords! I can't navigate too, I can't cook and I can't even Lie! That's why I need the help of others, I can survive with the help of others!!" (Not sure if it's exactly right but anyway..)
When fighting arlong.

"Luffy: I'm the man who will become the Pirate King!
Enel: Oh and what land does this person rule?
Luffy: He is the king of the sea!

"Guys, don't leave any bones unbroken"
to SHs during the raid of Franky House

"say you want to die when you're with us!"
Luffy shouting to robin

"I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THOSE PIRATE RULES!"
when trying to save Ace.

this goes to show, how badass he is :D.

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 28, 2010, 07:06 PM
whitebeard - you cant cross the world without morals .

shaheer
March 01, 2010, 04:38 AM
"Go ahead and be a conqueror or what ever the hell you wanna be, But if you are going to go all sparky on me do it somewhere else,its a F***ing nuisance old man thunder "
"like i would care abt pissing contest between monsters"
Gatsu - Berserk

destiny4ever
July 05, 2010, 04:30 PM
Liar Game

Kanzaki Nao:

"Is being honest really such a bad thing?"

“Saying that humans can’t be trusted… Please, never use such sad words again!”

"You heard me! It only requires everyone to be honest! That way is in everyone’s interests—everyone can be saved! But all it takes is for one person to think “I can make myself rich,” and everything is ruined. The minute that someone tricks another person to satisfy their greed, and then takes that money and drops out is the only time that the LGT makes a profit. Basically, when the LGT is making money, the leftover players are trapped."

“All of you believe that the Liar Game is all about rewarding the best liar, don’t you? Well, I sure don’t. I believe that the Liar Game…is all about conquering that desire within you to lie and succumb to your greed. It’s a game that tests whether or not you can remain an honest and upright individual.”

“Akiyama’s words cut right to my heart because everything he said perfectly described who I am. I had always believed that trusting others were “good” and doubting others were “bad”. But because of this, I never really got to know my friends. Even though we were able to make conversation as if we were close… When exactly was it, I wonder, that I started to run away from really trying to understand their true thoughts and feelings? That’s why, when I first got wrapped up in the Liar Game, not a single friend took my cries for help seriously.”

fullmoon
July 07, 2010, 07:56 AM
"This land used to be a peaceful place covered in green fields. Now there is only dry, immense desert...
I want to bring the green back..."
Sarasa of Legend of Basara

"Is there anything you love and want to protect?"
Inu no Taisho asked Sesshoumaru
"You said protect, father? I, Sesshoumaru, don't protect anything."
Sesshoumaru a few hundred yrs later in Inuyasha

"Are distorting our own believe, blindly obeying also a Samurai?"
Kamiya Seiyaburou
"Is it right or wrong, let the posterity judge."
Okita Souji reply in Kaze Hikaru

"I will never go back on my words. That is my way of the nịnja!"
Naruto in ..Naruto (I can't believe that I still got a chance to write down this famous quote :P)
The same line in ep166 of the anime that Hinata said, a good alter that is. :amuse

"Why fireflies die, brother? Shall we build them a grave?"
Setsuko of Grave of Fireflies

EDIT: So sorry, the 2nd n the last one are from anime, not manga :(

gjoerulv
July 09, 2010, 08:32 PM
A good one...
"In today's world, people are more machine than the machines are."
-Homunculus

An evil one...
"Not all people's lives are equal."
-Monster

Another...
"If that's what it means to be wise, I'd be happier living as a fool..."
-Naruto

Actually, Naruto has many good quotes.

fullmoon
July 10, 2010, 05:03 AM
"I hate weaklings. I only like the strong. Because Ten is strong, I follow him, until there is someone stronger."
Kendappa of RG Veda

"Because the wind does not have shape or color, only when the grass shake people know there is wind. Without grass, the wind will certainly be lost."
Yamanami Keisuke of Kaze Hikaru

"If someone I love can response to my emotion is a real happiness.
But the biggest happiness for me is to make the one I love happy."
Tomoyo in CCS

"Whoever said that tomorrow will be worse and darker is lying.
Tomorrow will no doubt be better and brighter than today."
Monster (Sr I forgot who said this :P)

"What will the snow melt into?
The snow will melt into spring."
Honda Tohru of Fruits Basket

@BBB Banana:
Lol. Yes, of course, Gin-chan is definitely the best <3 <3
But a Gintama fan cannot forgot this famous line right? :3
"Clean out your ears and listen up.
Not once or twice have I fought for some cheap country!
I don't give a damn whether the country or the samurai get destroyed!
Right now, and back then, the only thing I've been fighting to protect... hasn't changed a bit!"
Gintoki in Gintama

naruto-niichan
July 15, 2010, 06:54 AM
cannot believe no one quoted this ;)

A lesson without Pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return. But once you have overcome it and made it your own... you will gain a irreplaceable fullmetal heart

- Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist

another one I like

What is a heart? If I rip open your chest, will I see it? If I crack open your skull, will I see it in there? You damn humans always speak so easily of it. Almost as if....(you have them in your hand) / Now I see. This... Yes. This thing in my hand is the heart?

- Ulquiorras final words from Bleach

destiny4ever
July 26, 2010, 05:39 PM
Iryu Team Medical Dragon

Asada Ryutaro:

“Understand!? Intern! There is no such patient in this world that we can kill!”

“If you can’t let it slide…then go back in there and kill the patient again.”

Liar Game:

Akiyama Shinichi:

“You’d best open your eyes and accept that the tables have completely flipped. Because right now, this entire game is under the control of Kanzaki Nao! In other words, whether you guys live or die all depends on how we feel.”

“Doubt them. Question them, suspect them…and take a good, long look into their hearts. Humans are the kind of beings who can’t put their pain into words after all.”

“You gotta love humans. When everything sticks to the script, they can put on a great act. But as soon as something unexpected happens, they react completely true to their nature.”

Organizized
July 29, 2010, 03:38 PM
One Piece:

"Inherited will. A man's dreams. The swell of the times.
So long as man seeks the answer to 'freedom,' to the best of his ability, these things will never be stopped."
- Pirate King Gol D. Roger

"If you're a man... do things with a DON!" - Tom

callofJudas
July 29, 2010, 03:59 PM
Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get
Forest Gump

Life is just a fruits basket
Toru Honda

Never stop walking
Mana Walker

There is nothing to learn from a lesson without pain because you can't gain anything without sacrificing something in exchange. But when you overcome that pain and make the lesson your own, you will be able to obtain an infallible irreplaceable Fullmetal heart
Full Metal Alchemist

Jaymie
August 05, 2010, 09:51 AM
"It's a sword. You've just been stabbed." - Allen Walker, D.Gray-man

fullmoon
October 14, 2010, 05:24 AM
"Secrets makes a woman woman"
Vermouth in Conan

"I'll give you half of my life, so give me half of yours" ( OMG.. XD Best proposal ever~ XD) :">
Edward (Fullmetal Alchemist)

"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere
even if your throne crumbles, and your shiny crown turns to rust
even if the bodies pile up endlessly, above the bottomless pile corpses
Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be
until i hear the words "check Mate"..."
Sebastian of Kuroshitsuji

Roflkopt3r
October 16, 2010, 06:17 PM
"I cannot die... has the sword I wield ever been so heavy?"
Gutts/Berserk
I love this quote. It's in a situation when he, after travelling alone for a long time, is responsible for protecting a close but helpless friend of his. He is chased by creatures all the time, and suddenly feels heavy responsibility for the first time. Because now he cannot fight like he used to did, in a reckless style as he didn't care for his own life, but has to survive to protect her this time...
Berserk is a treasure trove of cool quotes, sadly I always have a bad memory in regards of such :D

Satotsu
November 12, 2010, 06:48 PM
"Would you like me to save you, Rukia-chan?... Just kidding." - Ichimaru Gin

"Bankai sure is nice. Maybe I'll try it." - Sakata Gintoki [Gintama]

"You said it yourself... physical attacks have no meaning here. So... I just tried to hit you really hard in that annoyin mask face of yours... and put a lot of spirit behind the punch in my mind. [B]Because this fist does not respect your rules." - Souichiro Nagi [Tenjou Tenge]

"We're all the same. We hope for someone's happiness and we fight" - Natsume Aya [Tenjou Tenge]

''Go read Hunter x Hunter volume 3 before taking us on, old women!'' - Shimura Tae [Gintama]

Roflkopt3r
November 23, 2010, 01:02 PM
"The only reason why I am forced to rely on this blade at all, is because I am immature. A true warrior needs no blade."
Thors (Vinland Saga)

oj69
November 28, 2010, 09:55 AM
Even if everybody forgets me, I will always remember everybody.-Hinokage, Medaka Box
Buying time for you is fine but its okay if I kick his ass right?-Archer, Fate Stay Night
When your small its harder to find you, so don't leave my side.-Gajeel, Fairy Tail
As the first squad captain of the shinsengumi I shall give you your final lesson. When faced with an enemy who is considerably more powerful it is best to overcome that power with sheer numbers. Synchronize your breathing. Build up spirit in your heart and body. When you are at your peak, Attack all at once! And...Die.-Okita Sougo, Gintama
Damn I feel like im forgetting alot of good ones Ill probably remember them later.

Kaiten
December 06, 2010, 07:01 PM
You're a zombie! How can you be eating raman after I killed you? -Land of the Sacred Spirits by Jiro Matsumoto (collected in Keep on Vibrating Anthology).

Roflkopt3r
December 07, 2010, 09:53 AM
"They are mine. Loneliness. Insecurity. Regret. Pain.
They are not for sharing. Especially not with Tanabe."
Hachimiki (Planetes)
(This is not ment in a possible positive meaning by the way, as you can probably see on the panel :D)

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss203/T33_K3SS3LCH3N/Anime%20Manga/lunatic.jpg

"But if Mom becomes Mom... what're you gonna do, pop?"
"I'll be DAD. We're switching."
(A dialogue between Fee's husband and son in Planetes, after she decides to spend more time with her family and act like a mother)

And a lovely romantic moment (It's chapter 16 of Planetes for those who are aware of spoilers):
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/planetes/c016/
(Pages one to three)

Planetes Ch. 16:

Hachimiki to an illusionary cat which is about to "leave" him:
"We've developed space suits to that keep us alive even when surrounded by death. The point though is, to survive. I didn't get it at first, but now I do.
I'm no longer allone, and that is why I'll survive."
"That's your big relevation? How normal."
"I needed to feel normal."

scav
December 20, 2010, 05:51 PM
"every last one of 'em, just empty shells, toys of the mass media and the Brands. they've given up thinking for themselves"
Nishi- gantz

Kaiten
December 21, 2010, 07:30 PM
"...Today, I was jealous of a love scene between two virgins? urgggh... I can't take that kind of me." - Kuranosuke, Kuragehime.

Roflkopt3r
December 22, 2010, 06:53 PM
"How am I a Monster? You are just all pussies!"
Dou Haguro of Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest

"I want you to stop to thoughtlessly dispensing hope like a spider's thread. He will cling to it, when it is from a woman like you.
Eventually, the both of you will get worn out. And then, you will release that thread with some finalizing words filled with hate."
Wolfy of Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest

ashher
December 30, 2010, 10:49 AM
"Ak(u) Sok(u) Zan." ~the motto of shinsengumi, rurouni kenshin. Translation is something like "Slay Evil Immediately"...but it just doesn't sound the same.

naruto-niichan
December 30, 2010, 05:50 PM
My Emotions... were just lost somewhere... where I couldn't find them. Just like a letter from someone, adressed to me... Finally arrived, decades after it was mailed.... Is this true sadness .... or is it happiness...? - Wolfgang Grimmer from "Monster"

ashher
December 31, 2010, 03:36 AM
"can you feel the sorrow of the star that cannot return to the sky?"~Loki, FT.

Asarii
January 01, 2011, 02:22 PM
Light: What you're facing right now is Kira and also the god of the new world.
Near: No. You are- just a killer.

(-- Death Note)

Near stated the obvious, but it really drove the point home to Light. The angle of Near in that panel made it really effective as well.

Roflkopt3r
January 04, 2011, 03:19 PM
"On this day, countless lifes were born. And just as many lifes will fade away.
It will be the same tomorrow, and the day after that, over and over again.
Your life is just amongst the multitude."

Shishido Baiken of Vagabond

mattiaildivino
January 04, 2011, 04:26 PM
every sentences of DRAGON BALL !!!
and there are so much... in a lot of mangas...
anyway where the leaf dances,the fire burns;the flame of the hokage illuminates the village,and with his light the leaf reborns. the 3rd hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi ; Naruto.
You are the leaf bathing on the sun;I...am the root that grows in the dark, Danzo Shimura ; Naruto

I could ascertain your tenacity in first person,I see myself forced to delete his source. Shin ; Hokuto no Ken.

Roflkopt3r
January 15, 2011, 05:41 PM
This quote of Chobits pretty much concludes the whole thing at the end so I have to spoiler it, still I think it is worth beeing mentioned here:

If something not human has emotions, then it would be considered sentient alive, just like a human. If it's the same as a human, it wouldn't be wrong to love that thing. It wouldn't be a sin.
The Chobits legend is a lie that is stemmed from peoples' desires... and their guilt. Wishful Thinking.

"Freya", Chobit.

So, after all the hope which probably most readers had, that Chi/Chobits do have real emotions, died... just another hope born from peoples' sense of guilt.
A very good quote in my perspective. After all, the idea of one day having computers with real emotions, working just like human minds, is a great topic to mankind, an often repeated vision. And Chobits offers a good explanation for the origin of that.

And yet it leaves the question how far Chi really is emotionless, after all she has the ability of learning and possibly to develope an individual character, as well as the ability of "simulating" emotions... just how "fake" are they?

mak123
January 16, 2011, 06:52 AM
Gauche... Snif... (Tegami Bachi)

Asclepius
January 17, 2011, 11:20 PM
As expected, you gotta be evil to have fun. - Tyki Mikk in D.Gray-man

Josef K.
January 18, 2011, 09:34 AM
"Do you feel the presence of God. If God was like a human... Or what form he'd be..." - Nura from Gantz

"I will take a kingdom with my own hands" - Griffith from Berserk

"Human beings simply can not be the ugly creatures you consider them, Abe-san." - Kanzaki Nao from Liar Game

"Gramps, do you really think I should have been born?" - Portgas D. Ace from One Piece

"I am heading back up there right now! Not a single one of you better leave that room!" -Joichiro Nishi from Gantz

Kaiten
January 18, 2011, 04:18 PM
"I can't take on grown ass men. But I'll tear women and kids a new one." -Hideo, I am a Hero.

soDeq05
January 18, 2011, 06:36 PM
"A secret makes a woman, woman" - Vermouth, Detective Conan

ashher
January 19, 2011, 10:03 AM
Its only humans who can defeat monsters. ~ alucard, hellsing

mak123
January 27, 2011, 05:21 PM
"It is sky that allows cloud to move about freely" (Hibary Kyoya)

kakashi919
January 28, 2011, 08:20 AM
"A ninja isn't measured by the way he lives,but by the way he dies." - Jiraiya

ArtieBoy
January 30, 2011, 03:07 PM
One Piece
When a guy gets flustered because someone calls him weak, it's proof that he recognizes he IS weak. Let the outcome determine the weak and the strong." ~Don Krieg

Victory or defeat can be determined in a single moments misstep... -Kizaru

when do you think people die...? When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No. When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No. When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!! IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!! -Hiruluk

im not that good @ remembering quotes. Shoot i had to Look up some one piece quotes to jog my memories. like theres some stuff from vagabond, Sun-ken Rock, JJBA & more but i cant freaking remember

Roflkopt3r
January 30, 2011, 03:11 PM
"It's impossible. We're going to fall. (...)
It's totally ok. Climbing ropes are strong lengthwise, but they're surprisingly easy to cut horizontally.
If my luck is good, I might survive just with a serious injury. So I won't say goodbye."
A quote from Kokou No Hito, I guess you can figure what this is about (the manga is about mountain climbing).

"I don't know why I am following after them. They hate me, they make fun of me, and hurt me so much. Even as people, there is no value in beeing with them. With people like that, I'm better of severing ties with them, aren't I?
Please, don't leave me alone!"
Mori Buntaro of Kokou No Hito

"I thought that if I could die together with a friend, then that could be allright, too..."
Mori Buntaro of Kokou No Hito

"Sun-San, Sun-San, please bring me to you.
I don't care that I will burn and die.
Even an ugly body like mine will shine when it burns. Please, take me."
Taku of Kokou no Hito

saladesu
February 01, 2011, 07:07 AM
This line really made me laugh :rofl I think it loses some of the funniness in translation though, as I found it funnier when I first read the Japanese. Oh wells :amuse

"If you're man... Rather than not doing something and then regretting it, just do it and then regret doing it after the fact!!"
- Mikagami (Beelzebub #94)

Roflkopt3r
February 04, 2011, 02:05 PM
"I hate not knowing things. If there are unknown elements, I cannot take responsibility for my actions."
Kano (Freesia)

"What about you? You said you didn't kill him, because he didn't want to die. But killing is our job. What about that contradiction?"
"I'm not sure. I'm going to ask him. Find out if he wants to be disposed of. I'll do the job if he has changed his mind."

"Oh yes... one of my friends once said, that it's good to be alive... I'm glad I met you. Goodbye."
Freesia

Kaiten
February 09, 2011, 09:06 PM
It's sad but in society there are lots of people who judge others based on their appearance. Naturally, the enemies are those type of people. Therefore.... Put On Your Armor!! - Koibuchi Kuranosuke, Kuragehime

It's an epic line in context. A drag queen leading fujoshi to war!

Roflkopt3r
February 12, 2011, 04:18 AM
"How did you kill the Phantom? (...) He was one of the best bodyguards ever, everybody knows that. Can you tell us about it?"
"I don't remember. Don't associate him with me. His life didn't have any meaning. Phones ringing, insects buzzing, he couldn't even die. Which means, he was never born in the first place.
How about lunch?"
"Sure... (is he crazy??)"

A WTF-moment of Freesia :D

And another one, after a politician had a speech (about the "vengeance enforcement act" which he wants to abolish, an important topic) and reporters are trying to interview him:
"What about your rumored relationship to former Pussykittengirl Yo-Ko, who hasn't had a single hit song since "Love Terrorist"?"
"Can you tell us more about that?"
"Are you still smoking?"
"Is it true that you don't like Natto-?"
"Is this another campaign tactic before next house election?"
"Have you spoken to your father lately?"
"You're good at Tetris, aren't you?"

What a friggin mess, but -sadly!- rather realistic, it's not like press would still care about topics anyways!

saladesu
February 12, 2011, 04:32 AM
"Right in front of me, I saw a dandelion that had forced its way through the concrete. It was neither the season nor the place for a dandelion to bloom, and I couldn't help but stare at it. What a wonderful world!"
- What a Wonderful World (Asano Inio)

This line was just somehow poetic and beautiful, and a good reminder of how even we humans can learn from the tenacity of flowers.

EDIT: here're more from the same manga
"A dream is only a dream as long as you dream it. When you awake, all that's left is reality."

"Yes. You qualify as a human being if you can say that word regardless of your own will. In our society, you can live a comfortable life if you pretend to follow predetermined paths."

Roflkopt3r
February 12, 2011, 03:12 PM
Kano of Freesia while looking at a list of available jobs:
"Tile Craftsman, Restaurant Floor Staff, Long-Distance Truck Driver, Mail Order, Salesperson, Newspaper Solicitor, Moving Services, Telephone Appointer and Security Guard.
There is plenty of jobs out there.
I shouldn't have to choose a shallow, worthless job like the Enforcement Proxy."

Enforcement Proxies have the task of taking revenge "for justice" for families of murdered persons by killing the murderers in a special type of hunt. Seemingly Kano considers that "shallow and worthless" compared to the jobs he lists in this panel. Interesting point of view he has.

Satotsu
February 12, 2011, 07:52 PM
From Air Gear

Thunder King: So you thing that your underling is enough for someone like me? Who do you thing you are!?
Ikki:... the emperor of the universe?

"As we struggle using our own strength to grasp for what's above us, we will eventually reach something... that's the meaning of the word 'freedom'."

"To fly... that feeling... is the most important thing. But, instead of the dark clouds that drive people from the sky, there must be a chain to keep them grounded. The time will come, for those with ability to fly away, while everyone else can only watch. Using their own wings, their own power... soaring as far as they can without aid. Beacause... beacause that is what it means to fly."

Kazu: You sold us along with the Behemoth to them, right?
Agito: Have faith in my silance, for I wilt not betray thee... as they say.
Kazu/Buccha/Onigiri: Uhn? What're you sayin'? Not just that! What language was that? Is that kind of magic used to run from the enemy? Don't try to confuse us with these spells that we don't understand!

M3J
February 12, 2011, 11:26 PM
"Winry... don't you... you helped a mother to deliver a baby... and saved both of their lives... you have given me... an arm and leg to stand up with... your hands are not for killing. They are the hands that save people's lives." Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist

That was pretty epic, especially when he said she gave him an arm and leg to stand up with. This strengthened the pairing even more! Click (http://www.mangareader.net/116-5233-17/full-metal-alchemist/chapter-47.html).

naruto-niichan
February 13, 2011, 11:26 AM
Thank you for smiling. Thank you for talking to me... Thank you for being so kind. You ... taught me me so many feelings that I didn't know until now. Thank you - Kuronuma Sawako from "Kimi ni Todoke"

Such a sweet confession, that really catched my heart :crying

Asarii
February 14, 2011, 04:53 AM
@naruto-niichan: That's a really sweet quote. :) Now I'm even more motivated to read Kimi ni Todoke.

"It's because there's a sky that clouds can float freely. But even that sky will also be bitten to death." - Hibari Kyoya (KHR)

Bugzee
February 18, 2011, 08:58 AM
From Rosario + Vampire:

Moka - “We’re on blood sucking terms” :lmao

Josef K.
February 18, 2011, 04:15 PM
"God will punish...............me!" - Mozgus from Berserk.

"More monsters!? I am getting bored from this!" - Guts from Berserk

"I will become this countries Hero" - Lee Harvey Oswald from Billy Bat

"I am a Hero" - Hideo from I am a Hero

"You can tell me in Hell!" - Yotsuba from Yotsuba&!

kakashi919
February 18, 2011, 08:50 PM
"You may mess up 9 times out of 10,but you will mesmerise everyone with just one single brilliant play.The people that you have mesmerised only want that much out of you." - Takeshi Tatsumi from Giant Killing

destiny4ever
February 18, 2011, 09:16 PM
@ kakashi919: Reading your quote made me miss Giant Killing so much, and it really made me wish for a second season of the anime. *doesn’t give up hope for a second season of GK*

"It's always a lot easier to let something fall apart than it is to try to hold it together."
Yumichika Ayasegawa (Bleach)

"They say that we should love ourselves first before other people learn to love us. But it's not as easy as it seems. Sometimes, we need someone to accept us and love us first. Then, we would learn to see ourselves through that person's eyes and learn to love ourselves."
Sohma Yuki (Fruits Basket)

kakashi919
February 23, 2011, 11:41 PM
@destiny - I also can't wait for updates on the manga, and a second season. Hopefully they will make a second season :tem

"God gives meat to toothless people." - B.B Project. Can't remember the guy's name :darn

Roflkopt3r
February 24, 2011, 01:32 PM
Fear. I summon blind rage to cover it up...
the prove of one's strength...
I summon my attachment to the illusion of beeing the strongest...
I summon my fear of losing that title...
Going around that endless cycle that is...
The spiral of killing, such as it is...
Miyamoto Musashi of Vagabond

I didn't really pay much attention to this quote when I read Vagabond first. The latest chapters alltogether contain pieces like that, and I chose to not really try to understand it all during the first time reading it, because I was curious about how the plot develops first.
Now I'm partially revisiting these chapters to really understand it, and those quotes are just great. I guess there probably won't be another manga around going that deep into human psyche about ambitions and fighting.

Kaiten
March 16, 2011, 12:18 PM
"I am Strong... extraordinarily so... much more than you guys! Therefore I am perfectly capable of kicking those titan scumbags' collective ass... Including on my own, if I have to. Are you all such a bunch of incompetents? You gutless, spineless cowards... for shame... for shame indeed. Just stay here and watch in jealous envy... yeah you do that ~Mikasa rallying the troops, from Shingeki no Kyojin

Roflkopt3r
March 30, 2011, 01:07 PM
"I could ask her 'will you kill my husband for me?', but it's so hard to ask 'what's your favorite food?'."

"Hey... I want to die. What do you think?"
Gunjo

Sounds weird, but the remarkable thing about is, that it's dead serious.

ashher
May 08, 2011, 10:04 AM
"Tobi is a good boy"...has anybody mentioned this before?One of those lines that really makes me want to paraphrase and adopt for meself!!

Kaiten
May 08, 2011, 10:39 PM
Classic line. "Tobi is a good boy" should be a meme.

M3J
May 08, 2011, 11:19 PM
"Tobi is a good boy"...has anybody mentioned this before?One of those lines that really makes me want to paraphrase and adopt for meself!!

I've done that already. Don't steal my stuff that I stole from something else. :pwnge

I think a lot of people thought it was Tobi who said that? It's what I recall anyway, but it was Zetsu who said that.

I think.... :oh

Kaiten
May 17, 2011, 07:10 PM
"My specialty involves flesh... and the lacerating there of. You just draw close enough and I'll be happy to demonstrate. Should anyone wish to experience my technique... By all means feel free to come this way." ~Mikasa, Shingeki no Kyojin chapter 10

Senjuchiha Clan
May 23, 2011, 01:08 AM
"You did the impossible, killing someone who could not die."
- Ohji (Casshern Sins)

"God did not create humans. Humans created God."
- Londes (Cowboy Bebop)

"Whether or not you exist doesn't matter, because in a second... you won't."
- Scar (Fullmetal Alchemist)

"The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate."
- Obito Uchiha (Naruto)

"Ichigo, what's the difference between a King and his horse? I don't mean kiddy shit like 'One's a person and one's an animal' or 'One has two legs and one has four'. If their form, ability, and power were exactly the same, why is it that one becomes the King and controls the battle, while the other becomes the horse and carries the King?! There's only one answer; INSTINCT!"
- Zangetsu (Zanpakuto Spirit) (Bleach)

ashher
May 24, 2011, 09:02 PM
"Listen, a gunfight is a farting contest.Its an absolute disgrace that's got nothing to do with music. You do it with shame saying 'I'm so sorry for being a pubilc disturbance'."-Lahm, Jormungand.

Kaiten
May 24, 2011, 10:35 PM
Ahem, so in conclusion... please make sure not to use the office as a love hotel. ~Doumoto, 3 AM Danger Zone.

ashher
May 26, 2011, 12:04 AM
"You kill,get killed and get back at them. But you don't need to take revenge when I get killed."-Lahm,Jormungand.
[hr]
"I am not afraid of the surgery... but the needles"-Jonathan Marr,Jormungand.

Kaiten
June 01, 2011, 11:55 PM
I, have decided to run for governor of Tokyo! Please call me Pegasus! ~Pegasus, Oyasumi Punpun

Asarii
June 02, 2011, 11:20 PM
"Most of this universe is 'death' anyway. To this universe, most lives are just specks in a corner of the earth, gone in a flash. Death is normal. Why are you alive...? Because somebody wanted you? Who wanted you? What is your reason for living?" -- Johan Liebert, Monster.

"I'm happy to have met them." Tsubaki Sasuke, Sket Dance

naruto-niichan
June 09, 2011, 04:47 PM
I am a Hero! - Hideo Suzuki from "I am a Hero"

Well, I do think he's cute. I used to feel that was good enough.
But I realized that that's not the way. To like someone... It's a really big deal... - Heisuke from "flat"

ashher
June 15, 2011, 06:34 AM
"I'm singing a song. When someone's singing a song,you can't shoot them"
-Endo Kanji, 20th century boys

Host Samurai
June 15, 2011, 03:49 PM
'Kneel' Cadis Estrama Di Raizel Noblesse The way he express it was awesome :D

'Victors must always speak of the way the world should be, not the way it is' Aizen Sosuke Bleach

Can you hear? The Requiem that we are offering you? Kuroro Lucifer Hunter X Hunter The manga at it's best

shinobi
June 20, 2011, 03:59 AM
" I can not stand for disrespect and mockery against me!!" Cadis Estrama Di Raizel (Rai),, Noblesse (This guy is awesome!! everything he does or says is great lolz ^ ^ "

" Why do people need to work anyway?! I only want to sleep when I'm tired and eat when I'm hungry!! I wish I was born a pampered panda in a zoo!!" Bakuman

and the famous phrase of Rai "Kneel" again, Noblesse fans will know why ^ ^

saladesu
June 20, 2011, 10:04 AM
"A true warrior needs no sword." - Thors, Vinland Saga

"He is pure of heart - but so are fools." - Hiko Seijuurou, Rurouni Kenshin

"It's strange. Death is cruel no matter who it is. Young or old, good or bad, it doesn't matter. Death is equal. There is no death that is particularly cruel, and that is why death is so terrifying. Your habits, your age, your personality, your wealth, your looks, all these only matter while you're alive. Death makes all of them nothing, and so every death is as cruel as the next." - Kirishiki Sunako, Shiki

phio_chan
June 24, 2011, 12:59 PM
From Noblesse:

Salesman >> "Do you have internet at home? Our company offers... *blablabla* ... Dear customer, do you have anything to say?"
Jake >> "Do you want to die?"

Simply EPIC WIN. I laughed over that so loud. XD

naruto-niichan
June 24, 2011, 05:44 PM
I did not permit you... to move/nor did I permit you... to breathe - Kadis Etrama D. Raijer from Noblesse

The previous Kertia Clan Leader and I. The two of us were sent to capture him... to capture on mere human. He who is human, yet has power rivaling that of a clan leader, he who is the sole human the lord chose to acknowledge... Frankenstein - Gejutel de Landegre from Noblesse

naruto-niichan
July 31, 2011, 02:48 PM
If only I had jumped from a building instead of slitting my wrists... or drank sulfurid acid instead of taking sleeping pills... Yeah, you were the only reason I didn't pick better ways to kill myself, Aunt Monica. It's the thought that there actually is somebody who'd miss me and grieve for me... that makes my heart ache - Juri Motou from Watashita no Shiawase na Jikan

I'm afraid... that when I see her, I'll want to keep living. I'm afraid... - Yuu from Watashita no Shiawase na Jikan

You have taught me how to enjoy the idle banter of my students. And that when I look around just a little bit, there's more to my days than just the pain. That even if I look down, there are people... who will smile and be happy for me.. - Juri Motou from Watashita no Shiawase na Jikan

There are a lot more memorables quotes in this manga, but that's what I remember for now

(sorry for the double post)

jorped
July 31, 2011, 04:23 PM
You forgot about this one :p

How Strange .... Even though i'm finally awake, when i see your face i want to die again, Mom. - Juri Motou from Watashita no Shiawase na Jikan

ashher
August 13, 2011, 01:21 AM
"Dreaming of death is nothing more than proof that you are alive"~ Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan

Asarii
August 15, 2011, 11:12 PM
"Don't stop, keep walking." Mana Walker

"I want to be a destroyer who can save others." Allen Walker

Both from D. Gray. You can tell what I'm currently in to.

ashher
August 17, 2011, 08:49 AM
"There is a time for love. And there is a time for hate."~Ivan Issac, Priest.

Zeltrax
August 26, 2011, 06:33 AM
One from skip beat! that I like :
"I was about to go away because you were talking about a serious matter, but I'm really curious and I thought it's no good if I'm eavesdropping till the end...so I'm asking you to let me hear you talk openly so I'll sit here"
- Kyoko Mogami, Chapter 54
:lmao

ashher
August 28, 2011, 02:53 PM
"Sorrow is not for those who are dead. Sorrow is for those who are alive."~Ares.

phio_chan
October 30, 2011, 03:35 AM
Orange Marmalade, chapter 19:

Ma Ri: "He always appears and bothers me. It's annoying. I don't want to be with him."
Ah Ra: "Anyway, you're not interested, right? Don't be friendly with him. Just ignore him. Got that?"
Ma Ri: "We~ll. I don't want to. ... He really bothers me, but it feels so wasteful giving him to a rude moron like you."

Seriously, this girl, with those words and her cold, flat expression, made me :rofl. This is what you called deadpan, no? XD

Kaiten
November 18, 2011, 09:26 PM
From Hunter x Hunter 325 and one of the greatest manga quotes ever:

"...Fine. But I do have one request. At some point you'll probably say 'There's no way I can do that'. When that happens, just calmly hand over the cell phone. Because, after all, I can do it." ~Morau

Drakno
January 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
If someone were to dare slap you on the left cheek, you'd hit their right, then left, then right, then left, then right, then a launcher and while they're in the air finish them off with wolverine's weapon X combo special. That's the type of woman you are.

Oga Tatsumi to Hilda who has lost her memories
Beelzebub

MisaoFan
January 20, 2012, 07:24 AM
"Make a contract with me !" Kyubey, Puella Magi Madoka Magica

There's also a Sasha (Qwaser of Stigmata) infamous quote but I forgot.

Magnus
January 20, 2012, 01:43 PM
Aizen from Bleach :
"Allow me to be careless, as I don't have the need not to be"

"Everything that exists in this world lives by mistakenly recognizing only the facts that are convenient for them as the truth"

scav
April 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
Leave your sadness behind! Forget your anger! and hide your weakness!

from legend of Tyr

jamesem92
April 27, 2012, 04:25 AM
"In this world the only things that can get cursed, are humans."
- Komui, D.Gray Man

Kaiten
January 25, 2013, 11:20 PM
"I'm Makino Kanna. I'm good at eyeballing measurements, and I love right angles. I'm interested in wooden beams. I want to fix the locker behind me. I'm in the baton club." ~Makino Kanna, from Tamako Market. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/80910-Tamako-Market)

Teeba
January 27, 2013, 08:39 AM
Hm, sometimes the best quotes feel flat when I read them outside of manga, but still here are some of my favorites:

Spare me the same typical bullshit! The monster that denies god, the monster that acknowledges god, they're one and the same--monsters! To be a monster like me, to give up your humanity shows your weakness in spades. You couldn't make it as a man, so you stoop to being a monster; a creature that's destined to be toppled by humanity!
The ones to destroy monsters have always been humans. [For me] to die any other way would be unthinkable!Hellsing is by no means a literary masterpiece, but this whole monologue Alucard has with an enemy is really awesome.

Doraku
January 28, 2013, 08:19 PM
Time for Berserk quotes, as being said by Guts & Griffith

People bring the small flames of their wishes together …since they don’t want to extinguish the small flame…they’ll bring that small flame to a bigger fire. A big flame named Griffith. But you know… I didn’t bring a flame with me. I think I just stopped by to warm myself by the bonfire.

In this world some people born are like keys that move the world and exist having no connection to the social hierarchy established by man.

Josef K.
April 28, 2014, 11:18 AM
"And that is precisely why such people are suitable to take part in the Liar Game. People who can easily steal if they are told it's just a game. People who can easily kill if they are told it's war." - Yokoya from Lair Game.

Zeltrax
May 05, 2014, 08:16 AM
"Of course this world isn't fair. Some people are born rich and some are born poor.
Some people get bullied for no reason, some people bully others.
It's irrational, and people don't accept it so they fight against it.

Only the people that don't give up are the ones that become the type of person they wish."

Izumi, Good Ending.