PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 286 Discussion/287 Prediction Thread

Pages : [1] 2

KaNx
November 18, 2008, 12:00 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41693) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

Chapter 286 is out, get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/manga/details/gantz/chapters/286).

Psylight
December 03, 2008, 12:35 AM
for what I understand the chapter is about Reika and her feelings to Kurono and wondering about why she chose to revive Tae and so on

chihoho
December 03, 2008, 04:52 AM
So reika wants to get 100 point to get out of game and forget Kei because he rejected her lame :(. Sound like the Doujin end of Ameno Amano.

cheaptrick
December 03, 2008, 05:46 AM
for what I understand the chapter is about Reika and her feelings to Kurono and wondering about why she chose to revive Tae and so on
she asks kurono if he would have fallen for her, had he met her before Tae; he admits he would have (he simply replies affirmatively);

cheaptrick
December 03, 2008, 05:53 AM
i think she wants to gain 100 points to have gantz create a copy/clone of kurono, but i'm not too sure myself

BigCamaro
December 03, 2008, 05:56 AM
Maybe she can bring back his brother..if the rules of Gantz change during Katastrophe and anyone can be brought back. If I were him I'd suggest it.

monkey d scar
December 03, 2008, 06:07 AM
i think she wants to gain 100 points to have gantz create a copy/clone of kurono, but i'm not too sure myself

Yeah, that's right. And guys, just to let you know, raw and njt translation are already up, right this way : http://mangahelpers.com/manga/details/gantz/chapters/286/

cheaptrick
December 03, 2008, 06:13 AM
Maybe she can bring back his brother..if the rules of Gantz change during Katastrophe and anyone can be brought back. If I were him I'd suggest it.
i think you are right, your assumption makes much more sense indeed:-)
also,at the end she says "...one more resuscitation/regeneration" so she may really plan to win kurono's heart bringing back to life someone dear to him (and the only remaining ones are his brother and lara croft lol)

edit: looking at the translation, my guess was correct, yay:-)

croissant
December 03, 2008, 06:26 AM
thanks njt!

just read the translation. This has got to be the best chapter ever. Lotsa drama happening. And reviving kurono? I doubt it would be the brother but probably a clone like kishimoto. Well, i havent downloaded the raw yet... so im still pretty confused as to what she means with reviving kurono.

EDIT:
Damn!!! she said she wanted to sleep at kurono's house.... damn! if he was the old kurono, no way would he pass that up.... man. I wonder if tae saw reika. And im guessing everybody is gonna start saying reika is a slut for asking to stay... aggressive woot..

btw, my 100 post!

dariusmg
December 03, 2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah, that's right. And guys, just to let you know, raw and njt translation are already up, right this way : http://mangahelpers.com/manga/details/gantz/chapters/286/

Nice. We are waiting :P~

102jayday
December 03, 2008, 08:26 AM
Reika: What if you met me... // before you met her...? / Would you have liked... me?

from that line i knew that she would plan to make a kei without a tae lol, looks like we may see something happen with cherry n his gf, she knows he is worried

warbandit66
December 03, 2008, 09:45 AM
What Reika is planning just screams bunny boiler. And I wonder if Reika actually is talented or she's merely a celebrity for her ample bosom. We have alot of those in the U.K. and I know that in Japan a girl can become famous just for having a big pair.

cheaptrick
December 03, 2008, 01:04 PM
uhmm i see the death flag on Reika.. do you think kurono would give up his point to ress her if she were to die on a mission?

NumeroUno
December 03, 2008, 02:17 PM
Has anyone thought that maybe Reika.... plans to kill Kei lol :p

She might trick that dumbass Inaba to do it.. Wonder how that might turn out. :darn

Kozar927
December 03, 2008, 02:44 PM
bah, whens this reikaxkorno nosence gonna end. lets get back to what makes gantz gantz

techmanmacho
December 03, 2008, 03:45 PM
Can we just put the direct link for the scans here? http://franky-house.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7664

shouryuujo
December 03, 2008, 03:53 PM
kurono should dump tae. she's a joke to begin with. I forget the name of the manga but in another manga created by the same mangaka a kurono and tae look-alike are together in that story as well...

techmanmacho
December 03, 2008, 04:00 PM
OMG! :blink I just read the scans and reika sounds like she wants to bump him off?!? Crazy chick alert!

Tumerking
December 03, 2008, 04:09 PM
revive kei again? I like it. The only thing better then Kurono is 2 Kuronos.

techmanmacho
December 03, 2008, 04:41 PM
Ummm, but that means she would be the one that would kill him, doesn't it? Or am I reading it to literally?

SMN
December 03, 2008, 06:27 PM
it sounds like she plans to kill kei and bring him back but the one that did not love tae.

shrimpy
December 03, 2008, 06:49 PM
by gosh, this chapter blew me away. I SO didn't see it coming.

No matter how many times i look at it, it's open-ended.
All she says is "with 100 points, i can bring him back...again"
nowhere does she say anything about killing him, but perhaps that may be implied(?)
given her personality, i doubt it, but...

the real question is whether or not gantz will allow such a thing? and how would you bring back the kurono from before? don't they get "overridden" once the newest version dies? eh, i have no clue...

croissant
December 03, 2008, 07:11 PM
why does everybody think that reika is gonna kill kurono? haha... Is it because of the ending text that says "dangerous minds"? I don't understand either what reika means by reviving kurono and how that will be "beneficial" for her.

I always thought that once you revive a person from the gantz databank, that person would be removed from the list... either that or the smartass reika knows something that we don't know.

Kozar927
December 03, 2008, 07:33 PM
she is saying that she wants to bring back the korono te wasnt in love with tea.
hence her question about if he met reika first would he love her.
and her saying with 100 points I can bring im back again him being the korono pre-train accident.
I dont think gantz will allow this. or maby she will die trying before we know of it possable, but it does bring up some interesting possablilities if shes right

SeaWo|f
December 03, 2008, 07:40 PM
It really is a bit confusing since what she says doesnt square with how we understand the revive system working.

If she wanted to make another kei... there is no precedence. The option clearly says revive someone from the list with 'revive' implying they have to be dead after all we dont see the living characters on the list? Although this could be solved by going back to a point after a person, say nishi, has been revived and seeing if he is still on the list. I dont remember if we were shown any pictures of the list since then though.

The option of her killing kei and reviving him doesnt really make any sense either since from what we have seen the copy that gets revived is ambiguously between when the last mission started(last scan) and when they died, or in kei s case when he was scanned leaving the game. Oka has been a bit inconsistent on what should and shouldnt be remembered at times. So how exactly is she going to revive and earlier kei and how would she know how far back to go?

I dont get it, all i know is that she has a tool to uses in what ever she is planning for kei. Never underestimate what an obsessed woman is capable of... including self deception

Kozar927
December 03, 2008, 07:52 PM
yah the killing kei theory is rediculus lol
and we dont know if this is possable yet, but perhaps gantz stors all itterations of people like a kei after the dino mission a kei after the ring alien mission and so on and so forth, interesting stuff here

InstandLunch
December 03, 2008, 08:10 PM
I bet she's gonna revive the Kurono who died in front of her.

The one who still have no idea who Tae is, but still have all his experience and parts of his memory.
And that Kurono remembers that his brother died for him and wants to revive him again.

EDIT:

I'll really like to see some double missions soon.
A mission after a mission so they can get more points and become uber, but I think that only happens when someone get proof about Gantz.

Masterchief
December 03, 2008, 08:14 PM
revive kei again? I like it. The only thing better then Kurono is 2 Kuronos.

quite the opposite IMO
what'll be funny is that she'll revive kurono and see how much of a loser he is in real life, or shell just fall in love with him based on memories alone.

SeaWo|f
December 03, 2008, 08:20 PM
I bet she's gonna revive the Kurono who died in front of her.

The one who still have no idea who Tae is, but still have all his experience and parts of his memory.
And that Kurono remembers that his brother died for him and wants to revive him again.

I dont think that is possible in any way because that kei was never scanned...

but it did make me think of something, what if she could use her points to force kei out of the game? Now i know that there is no reason to think that this is possible, but if it were it would produce a kei that has no memories of his time in the game or tae which im kinda confused on since she really didnt have to do with the game. I guess it makes you like a blank slate back to the second before you entered the room.

All she would have to do is go over to his place and seduce him.

Tumerking
December 03, 2008, 09:14 PM
I can't believe people are confused about what Reika said. It's pretty simple. She wants to "revive" another kurono so there will be 2 kuronos. I don't know if that possible, and i don't think she knows if its possilbe either, but she's still going to try.

Then when there are 2 kurono's both will still be in love with Tae, but of course both can't be with Tae at the same time. So most likely the kurono who is alive now would get to "keep" Tae. There would then be an extra girlfriend-less kurono. Reika would take that kurono for herself and everyone lives happily ever after. (in Reika's mind at least)

Keep in mind thats Reika's plan. Not mine. I personally don't see it happening, but evidently Reika does.

Kozar927
December 03, 2008, 09:47 PM
I can't believe people are confused about what Reika said. It's pretty simple. She wants to "revive" another kurono so there will be 2 kuronos. I don't know if that possible, and i don't think she knows if its possilbe either, but she's still going to try.

Then when there are 2 kurono's both will still be in love with Tae, but of course both can't be with Tae at the same time. So most likely the kurono who is alive now would get to "keep" Tae. There would then be an extra girlfriend-less kurono. Reika would take that kurono for herself and everyone lives happily ever after. (in Reika's mind at least)

Keep in mind thats Reika's plan. Not mine. I personally don't see it happening, but evidently Reika does.

based on the way its worded and why she asked kei about the time frame in which it would take for him to love her i dissagree (not saying this is possable) but I think its more then 100% likely that what she ment is reviving a kei before he knew or liked tea. every single hint in this chapter points to that being what she ment

Lynkobi17
December 03, 2008, 09:48 PM
So next chapter is next week? cool..

102jayday
December 03, 2008, 11:40 PM
first it is possible, remember nishi said they are like human fax machines- copies.
well why not copy 2 bio's of yourself to hand to 2 different companies(lame short example..dont hate me lol) but yeh what she could do is ask for the kurono that did not meet tae ....that would be the budda mission. but yeh freeing kei means he forgets tae.

Bulgai
December 04, 2008, 03:04 AM
First of all, that was a nice little chapter even if there was no blood spraying around.

Now, Reika said something along the lines of "I'll earn 100 points and bring Kurono-kun back to life...again" according to FH scanlation. Sorry to break this to some of you but from that we can assume that she is NOT talking about Akira Kurono, but Kei Kurono. We know this because she put "kun" at the end of Kurono, she mentioned that she would revive a person "again" meaning that the person has been revived at least once before, I'm pretty sure that she has not met Akira Kurono in Gantz, and also the fact that he is not in Gantz' database.

Also, we can kinda assume that she is kinda crazy at the moment because she is thinking about creating a new Kurono just to be loved, which kind of goes along with the title of "Warped Thoughts."

Okay, onto the what she really means by it all. The main point is that Reika wants to revive Kei Kurono, but we do not know how she wishes to do so, nor which Kei Kurono she wishes to revive.

The problem of how she wishes to do it is not too hard, seeing as she just needs 100 points to revive him, but we do not know if she intends to kill the one that is alive right now. Though this would serve no real purpose seeing as how two different Kei Kishimotos were alive at the same time, and also that there would be no reason for her to kill him other than the fact that she is indeed crazy at the moment. Although there might be the possibilies that you cannot revive a past point of a person's life if they are currently living, only the present, or that once you are revived you are taken off of Gantz' database of the dead (this could be worked out if we see the new database after a person has been revived from it).

As for which Kei Kurono she wishes to revive (if she is allowed to choose past versions) she has a few choices: His initial death (allowing her to make open advances without Tae around), some random time such as 5 minutes before he met Tae, or maybe the time after he was released from Gantz after he achieved 100 points and lost all memories of Tae.

Of course, all of this could be debunked in the next chapter by having her look at Gantz' screen and say "boo hoo I can't revive him like this" lawls

Oh yeah I don't mean to debunk theories but there is no fourth option (as of yet) that allows you to free other people by achieving 100 points.

If I messed up on any of it, please say so :D

nohm
December 04, 2008, 03:26 AM
Kurono is such a loser; Any guy in that situation in real life would just accept Reika's demands and fuck her, then wait for Tae to come, maybe have dinner together, and then maybe have a threesome if Tae is up for it.

Actually, the night would just go on with fucking Reika. Screw Tae; the world is gonna end soon :P

102jayday
December 04, 2008, 04:14 AM
hmm it wont work if she brings the kei that never met tae. because she would hate that kei, kei changed once he protected tae from shorty and the dino mission. reika fell in love with the kurono that was in love with tae..
aww that was cute how she was crying, if the kurono clones dont work out then maybe that guy with the ipod touch - seem to be a nice guy, but the bunch of bithes pretending to be reika's friend bullied him away lol.
hmm maybe if she bought the kei that did not meet tae then that kei could change and want to protect reika which turns him into this kei lol confusing?
seems like reika does not like seeing herself on tv too lol.
i wonder what tonkosho will do to sakurai? maybe she caught on to the gantz thing lol

Emery
December 04, 2008, 04:38 AM
Reika's a crazy bitch. She's gonna try to kill Kurono and then revive him for herself.

BigCamaro
December 04, 2008, 05:33 AM
bah, whens this reikaxkorno nosence gonna end. lets get back to what makes gantz gantz

like Kei Sleeping with or wanting to sleep with beautiful big breasteded womenz! like Kishimoto and Lara "Sei" Croft

Itd be cool if she meant Kurono Akira, but yeah she probably means Kurono Kei. And if Kei is still stored in the database she should be able to bring him back. Afterall, the one they brought back before is the one that was beamed from the room right? Not the one that the vamps killed. And Im not convinced the rules would change at Katastrophe though they should since Akira is a halfway wasted character.

fancyultrafresh
December 04, 2008, 05:58 AM
When Kurono was killed by the vampires and Katou later revived him, the Kurono that was revived was the Kurono that had just chosen to leave Gantz after the Oni Mission, right? That's why he was so surprised to find himself back in the room/didn’t remember his time free from Gantz. So even if Reika were to revive a new Kurono (if he's still in the data bank), wouldn’t it be the Kurono from that point? It would be the Kurono that still knows/loves Tae.

The few times characters were revived, Gantz revived them from when they were last saved. Like when Kurono revived Katou, the revived Katou was the Katou that was moments away from dying in the Buddha mission. Same thing happened with Cherry when what’s his face revived him after he died in the Oni Mission. So it doesn’t seem like they have much say when it comes to reviving someone. Gantz just revives the person from his last save point. So would Reika even get to choose to revive the Kurono that hadn't met Tae? Would Gantz even have that Kurono saved in the data bank? Basically, I think Reika's just out of it right now so she thinks that she can get away with reviving then keeping a copy of Kurono all to herself.

Idkidk. I'm not making any sense >:O

Hollow Kurono
December 04, 2008, 06:27 AM
Wow,aat first I thought this dude holdin the cd will get more time in the manga and will stalk Reika and etc and then join the room,wheeew,not gonna happen,probably.

:D Kurono look was hilarious!This chapter was funny,even Tae made me smile with that glare.Kurono,where is your bad-ass look?Huh?

Reika is becomin evil,well maybe shes not,but shes in love with him,damn its complicated.She came to his house,wore a sexy dress,hmm,she wanted to get down,I want that to,anyway.I doubt that Reika will try killin Kei,she will try bringin back another Kei,well I think she thinks that could be possible,maybe it could,but I think thats what she means,this is it,Reika becomin realy ambitious,she will fuckin die now,she will,I think its time for her to go.But I want her to beat up Kishimoto.

koji_ajimofu
December 04, 2008, 07:13 AM
Kurono is such a loser; Any guy in that situation in real life would just accept Reika's demands and fuck her, then wait for Tae to come, maybe have dinner together, and then maybe have a threesome if Tae is up for it.

Actually, the night would just go on with fucking Reika. Screw Tae; the world is gonna end soon :P

I agree, you have sense. :) I don't like this chapter at all!
And I don't understand Kurono. If we leave out forcible arguments to refuse Reika, like close time of Tae's coming, unwilling to use Reika love-mode :amuse state (this just would be mean), and that this is happening 3 days before the Catastrophe (so no time for love), then I feel like Kurono refused her even without all this! Yes, of cause any if this arguments is enough to behave such a way, but instead Kurono mumbles about his relations with Tae... This is ridiculous!

I think Kurono don't like Tae so much as to refuse Reika. I mean, he love Tae, but this is just something else... any normal guy will understand. Yes, he feels responsibility for Tae, he don't want to lose her, he wants to protect her, he likes to be with her, etc. But, how the fuck this is related to Reika?!

His parallel affair with her is psychologically explainable. A man is polygamous creature, and Kurono type especially.
He could explain her all this situation and I believe she understood. If he suggested her to become his mistress, I think she'd agree. I'm even surprised how she didn't suggested that by herself. Maybe it's just her pride. Reika loves Kurono as he is, she is "from that room" too, so all rules and standarts don't work on them. It's a pun, but they "live only once" :D So why not?

Moreover Kurono admits that he feel drawn to Reika...
I think this is just stupid cliche of "good guy" who supposed to do "right things". He is not owing anything to anybody! Give him life! :) Why Kurono has to work hard protecting everybody, even Tae? I believe that he'd like to relax in his intimate relations (like any normal guy). And Reika could give him that. At least in the bed. :amuse And I think she'd like that too :)

Instead of that we are fed by tearful shonen-manga one-sided lovestory. What a bore! What next? Kurono twin from gantz-machine? Stuff and nonsense!

Doesn't anybody know by chance email or address of Hiroya Oku?

Seta Soujirou
December 04, 2008, 08:13 AM
Is it possible to even revive Kurono again? Or to revive Kurono to the state where he have not fell for Tae?

I think Reika is beginning to get suck into a web of warped logic and deception. I would like her to be with Kurono though. She is hot.

Amnesiac
December 04, 2008, 08:19 AM
No Reika, don't go insane please. :(

Why doesn't Kurono just bang her already?

Damura
December 04, 2008, 08:56 AM
Yay! Reika's almost batshit insane! Kei doesn't seem to be all that into Tae anymore... maybe he'll end it with her soon... who knows... anyway, two Kurono's sounds good to me!
[hr]
Hey, if she revives a second Kurono, won't that Kurono be a an exact clone of the first at that time? E.g. he kills an alien that looks disturbingly similar to Chuck Norris, and then Reika brings him back after he's already turned her down in today's chapter... I wonder if the Kei's would be jealous of one another if two were alive at the same time...

102jayday
December 04, 2008, 09:52 AM
hey damura, kevin ruud is censoring our internet!!! and slowing speed down..

yeh tae looked funny with the glare, reminded me of a old lady lol
um the thing about a mistress well uhh umm they are 17 ok i dont even think kurono would consider marrying anyone of them soon.
2 kuronos would mean one is going be rejected by tae and own his own thats when reika does her sex attack or love attack, sex one sounds cool... lol
but ok omg guys reika has not gone crazy...yet, she was just crying like a girl would when being rejected by the one they love, thats normal.. but she didnt act nuts or anything when she said her little lines too.

croissant
December 04, 2008, 10:01 AM
ok, then whos more crazy and who's the real loser? kei or reika??

Kozar927
December 04, 2008, 01:18 PM
I gotta be honest people on this forum are geting a little out their
first off how on eart is it a resonable theory that she ment akira? and why on earth would it make sence that she wants to kill and revive korono that dosent even make sence

and why do all you guys feel that a real man cares about nothing but fucking. what a god awfule thing to say. leave tea and fuck reikas brains out because she hotter. and then going further to say its the obvious thing to do and wondering why he dosent?! A real man woiuld NOT behave that way. thats some great morals their guys. sigh
were did all the good convo on this board go :( it left with georgemarvin and the genius. well at least hallow korono, masterchief, jayday,damura, and warbandit are still here... never leave guys :turtle:hug

Tanma
December 04, 2008, 01:22 PM
Well, Reika love to go shopping and Tae love to make food for Kurono.

Reika may be better in the first bangs, but after he get used to it, what else she'll bring to him?

Showatt
December 04, 2008, 02:10 PM
Wohoo! Two Kurono, I can see it clearly in Reika's fantasy. Two is always better than one eh!

That chapter kinda hurts. Stupid Kurono, hope he dies and rot in hell. world ends in three day and he had a chance to sleep with a super hot chick, but he chooses dine with a plain chick....

K"You like ME!? that's messed up..."
R"Why did you say that? I'm not messed up"
random"Yeah why did u say that, u dickhead!"
R"hmm, maybe ill get 100 pt and revive you again..."
random"Ok now that's messed up!"

Ruhina
December 04, 2008, 02:31 PM
first off how on eart is it a resonable theory that she ment akira? and why on earth would it make sence that she wants to kill and revive korono that dosent even make sence

and why do all you guys feel that a real man cares about nothing but fucking. what a god awfule thing to say. leave tea and fuck reikas brains out because she hotter. and then going further to say its the obvious thing to do and wondering why he dosent?! A real man woiuld NOT behave that way. thats some great morals their guys. sigh
were did all the good convo on this board go :( it left with georgemarvin and the genius. well at least hallow korono, masterchief, jayday,damura, and warbandit are still here... never leave guys :turtle:hug

Take it easy dude, they were just joking. No need to take things so seriously. Most people knows well enough that Kei chose Tae simply because he loves her. Just because they joke about Reika's sex appeal doesn't mean they actually reason like pre-historic neanderthales.

Also, it does appear as if she's planning to revive Kuruno "again" just to get her own "copy" of him.

shinjinjou
December 04, 2008, 02:32 PM
Ha! Why are people so obsessed with Kurono rocking the Casbah with Reika? If this was the old Kurono, he'd drop his pants for two bucks and a coffee. If you're a jerk like the bully who smacked Kurono, yeah you'd be dropping your pants for any woman without any respect or decency just to rumble in the jungle. If you have your head on straight and have morals, you'd stick by your woman/first choice because you chose her for a reason....SHE LIKES YOU FOR YOU and not because she gets all wet from you taking off the head of a helpless alien or wear the same skintight latex suit. But eh, if people really have nothing else but to talk about how they would of banged Reika...then ok. There's the smart thing and the right thing. The smart thing is to get them both and have three times the fun....ha! nobody thought of that! The right thing is to stick with Tae and ride out Katastrophe into the sunset and let Reika hang herself after being rejected and almost Buster Wrolfed!

Kozar927
December 04, 2008, 02:40 PM
Take it easy dude, they were just joking. No need to take things so seriously. Most people knows well enough that Kei chose Tae simply because he loves her. Just because they joke about Reika's sex appeal doesn't mean they actually reason like pre-historic neanderthales.

Also, it does appear as if she's planning to revive Kuruno "again" just to get her own "copy" of him.

well i dont mean to come off so strong lol its just that these forums have changed ALOT recently, they used to be like the most intelligent convo
but I disagrre with the part I incresed in size. Noone sows any sign of joking. look at the post rigt above your last one... people seriously think like that.

Chaoswind
December 04, 2008, 03:26 PM

I agree with you... I don't know how the heck Akira became a possibility... and a guy in love wouldn't just fuck any pretty ass that happens to be aviable

She is going to try to bring another Kurono because she loves him and is heart broken because he loves another girl (a girl that she saved... must feel like an idiot), I don't think she will succeed and is kind of sad, because she is going to die...

But we can always hope that won't be necessary because the (I am free and teh Vampires attacked me) Kurono could be alive in a hospital bed, after all the government was protecting him, so there are chances of him still being alive, but in a critical state in a hospital bed.

It would be awesome if when the war beings the "Hospital" Kurono suddenly dies and wakes up in the room, just to see how the other Kurono is being beamed :tem

himynameiskarl
December 04, 2008, 04:06 PM
that was one of the most boring chapters ever, i know its character development n stuff but wen they say stuff like KATASTROPHE IS COMING!! im getting too anxious for it, i cant be bothered with this stuff

CUT TO THE CHASE AND GET IN THE ROOM!!!

Tumerking
December 04, 2008, 04:17 PM
that was one of the most boring chapters ever, i know its character development n stuff but wen they say stuff like KATASTROPHE IS COMING!! im getting too anxious for it, i cant be bothered with this stuff

Have you ever read gantz before? Theres always character developement between missions. If the character developement wasn't there i don't think anybody, including you, would like gantz as much as they do.

warbandit66
December 04, 2008, 04:29 PM
What was with Tae and the glaring? I don't know why but it was adorable. I mean she must be pretty bad at it if Kei has to ask what she's doing.

himynameiskarl
December 04, 2008, 04:33 PM
Have you ever read gantz before? Theres always character developement between missions. If the character developement wasn't there i don't think anybody, including you, would like gantz as much as they do.

yeah i have gantz before thanks. but its not what i read gantz for, all this emotional stuff, its just kind of gettin on my nerves. like we cud have had more about the factory n stuff, or what the vampires are up to.

in my opinion, i think if this reika busniness was there or not, i dont think anyone, including you, would care. i'd rather hear bout katastrophe than this love romp.

Chaoswind
December 04, 2008, 06:31 PM
that emotional crap is very important... lets say in the next mission Reika fights like possessed monster, and thanks to this chapter we know she wants to get 100 points to get her own Kei Kurono

Otherwise people would be saying some crap like, Reika is doing drugs or something like she wants to impress Kurono, etc

Besides, without the Emo chapters we wouldn't have noticed how much Kurono has changed

Damura
December 04, 2008, 06:48 PM
ok, then whos more crazy and who's the real loser? kei or reika??

Kei's not crazy, he's loyal.... still... he just sits in class everyday looking at the ceiling with his mouth open, drooling, so I guess he IS the loser.
[hr]

I liked the chapter. I thought it was good for character development, and Tae's glaring was the best. Reika could probably do something extreme during Katastrophe, so this is probably going to make Katastrophe more interesting.. Just have some patience.

kaliayev
December 04, 2008, 06:55 PM
@kozar
with the deterioration of the posts, interest is lost and there's less reason to post. it's a wonderful vortex that is perpetuated by both groups. personally, i think i stopped checking for updates as frequently when all the threads in the room were revived. of course, everyone's bound to come back to voice their opinions with new chapters.

thank you, njt, for that translation. "i'm glaring at you" left me rofl for a couple minutes. honestly, i don't see why all the reika lovers aren't won over by that line. there's a level of adorableness to tae that allows her to easily outrank reika. besides, reika and kurono never really got a good rapport going. it's just a continuous cycle of one of them acting awkward around the other, and that would ultimately lead nowhere. there's no way something like that would dislodge what kurono and tae have. plus, reika just turned into the uber psycho bitch of the series. hmm, wouldn't it have been nice if she and izumi had dated?

p.s. i've had an unpleasant number of papers to write recently, which i can imagine is also the case with genius. can't really say what george is up to, but i'm sure he's also been busy.

p.p.s. i love that emoticon. tis a shame it's not donatello, though.

p.p.p.s. i want to see that guy from the beginning end up winning over schizophrenic reika. speaking of which, those sycophants were not attractive enough to be talking to him like that.

Damura
December 04, 2008, 07:17 PM
hey damura, kevin ruud is censoring our internet!!! and slowing speed down..

Yeah, I'd heard about that... Their plan was apparently going to cut down speeds by at least 50% (I think it was a lot higher, can't remember). It's a fuckin' stupid idea, and it's not even that hard for people to get around the filters. lol, they are trying to censor websites that talk about topics like anorexia...

Tanma
December 04, 2008, 07:56 PM
Kurono told the truth to Tae, that glare is from someone that thinks the other is lying...

Amnesiac
December 04, 2008, 08:45 PM
I think the point of Reika's last line isn't that she will revive Kurono again, she'll die or change her mind before it comes to that. The last line tells us that in the next mission Reika will be reckless and most likely very badass, she'll risk her life, and maybe even everyone else's, all just to get some points.

Honestly, I think Kurono should take Tae to dumpsville. She's cut off from a big part of his life, and it's only a matter of time before gantz gets one of them killed. By being with Reika, not only he gets someone who's in gantz and can fend for herself, but also everything comes in a nice hot package with epic-sized boobs. :p

Oh, if someone is thinking of coming up with the "but Tae is a better person!!1" line again, please backup the statement. Kthxbye.

Tanma
December 04, 2008, 09:14 PM
That last line doesn't make any sense... she can't set Kurono free with 100 points, which would bring the Kurono back to the "real life".

Kozar927
December 04, 2008, 09:16 PM
Tea always has shown more sencerity and kindness as a person. Ill back it up by saying reika decided that her team will let civiliens die in the last mission because it was too dangerous for them to elp. I cant see tea doing that. Tea is much better ten reika

BigCamaro
December 04, 2008, 11:11 PM

Akira was a reasonable theory because when she asks why she brought tae back if her conclusion was that it was to make Kei fall in love with her, then bringing his brother back could be viewed as a furthering of that. If bringing him back while theres one of him around is something Gantz wont do on purpose. Also if the rules change and anyone can be brought back then it could be something Kei himself suggests or requests from her when the time comes. Its obvious after the chapter comes out she meant bringing Kurono Kei back again, but from the spoilers, it wasn't as easy to tell, which is when Akira was first suggested.

How is it that outrageous in a manga that shouldn't be 100% predictable. Personally if this manga is only halfway through its run, to have a character like Akira only to have him killed off with next to no interaction with his brother and hardly any combat is a waste.

As for Kei leaving Tae to be with Reika, when the story began Kei was a very imperfect, somewhat shameful individual. He's grown alot since then so to say it makes him less of a man I agree is completely wrong. It does however make him less relatable to the audience and more like Katou, because unlike Mr. Perfect most of us would give into lust in this situation and justify it by saying A. The world is about to end, and its not like I'm married anyway B. Even though I have feelings for this homely girl, I've endangered her life once already, and broken up with her once before C. Being with Reika doesnt endanger her life, and increases team morale.
It's just somewhat hard to believe that the same Kei who kicked Kishimoto out for not sleeping with him, and requested sex from the big boobed chick he just met in the hall, has come to this. Rejecting the advances of a girl whose magazine pictures wouldve given him a hardon, for one he admittedly wasn't physically attracted to.

Emmanra
December 05, 2008, 01:30 AM
Tea always has shown more sencerity and kindness as a person. Ill back it up by saying reika decided that her team will let civiliens die in the last mission because it was too dangerous for them to elp. I cant see tea doing that. Tea is much better ten reika

Ur kiddin right? Everyone in Gantz had been selfish with their lives except Katou. I can remember in Dino mission Kei didnt give a shit about leading 2 T-rex into a populated area.

Chapter 48? Falling Off page 2
Kei- Drive in circles
Old man- I cant do that more people will die.
Kei- I dont care Its already hard enough for us to stay alive.

Its more human nature to wanna save your own ass first.

Tae relationship has given Kei hope in time of despair and motivation to survive. However, if Kei met Reika before it would have been a done deal.
What i like about Kei is he's loyal to his current girlfriend. I think Kei would have the same feelings about Sei if they had more time together. Tae is Kei first love he's not going to just throw her away. Who knows what Reika would do if she was like this is my boyfriend(Kei) and her friends started dissing Kei, she might not do anything. Fame is its own burden.
I way off topic. Chapter was not that great but its moving. Three more freaking days till the sh** hits the fan. And was that Tae Outside? I love how Kei just in his world at school I hope Enquirer man publishes a story about how Kei saves everyones sorry asses,

Next chapter: Nothing new Reika calls Inaba and they hook up. Cherry and others get face time the end

Kozar927
December 05, 2008, 01:40 AM
I NEVER said kei was a good person. and I never compaired reika to anyone but tea

All though I do respect and acknowledge your post as its well thought out, makes a point and breaks the current flood of "OMG kei is dumbass no banging reika her BUUBS are fckin huge man what a hottie kei is a total NUUB WHOOO kei X reika forverzzzzz" that have made me a bit jadded as of late so sorry to seem so bitter.

ssjasper2003
December 05, 2008, 04:10 AM
For a while I though that was nishi at reikas school.

What im wondering is how is she going to bring kurono back since everyone is in the room when the mission is completed & the points are given out. Does she plan on letting people know & see if they are ok with it or just kill/ let them die during the mission? Also in theory she should be able to revive a person again since theyre just "data" to gantz but if it only allows you to revive infinite times only if theyve died in the real world/gantz mission.

dariusmg
December 05, 2008, 07:17 AM
That last line doesn't make any sense... she can't set Kurono free with 100 points, which would bring the Kurono back to the "real life".

But I agree with statement, it is posssible to kill Kurono now before mission starts and then afer mission and 100pts recall OLD EXPERIENCED Kurono befor he met Tae (Present Tae belover will be killed and no record of this clone will be available, except expereinced one because GANTZ records are form missions).
That is the point of HAVING KURONO

koji_ajimofu
December 05, 2008, 07:59 AM
um the thing about a mistress well uhh umm they are 17 ok i dont even think kurono would consider marrying anyone of them soon.

sorry, I meant "lover"...
[hr]

I NEVER said kei was a good person. and I never compaired reika to anyone but tea

All though I do respect and acknowledge your post as its well thought out, makes a point and breaks the current flood of "OMG kei is dumbass no banging reika her BUUBS are fckin huge man what a hottie kei is a total NUUB WHOOO kei X reika forverzzzzz" that have made me a bit jadded as of late so sorry to seem so bitter.

What I tried to say is that I just don't believe Kei really wants that staying with Tae stuff. He is not such a kind of noble person! Is there anything preventing him from dating them both: Reika (secretly) and Tae? I'm not asking for fanservice, i'm asking for the truth!

102jayday
December 05, 2008, 08:25 AM
@damura - i think it was 70!!! they are baning adult stuff and unaproiriate materials.....gantz is adultish with the SEX, DRUGS, VIOLENCE..i want a filter to get around that nonense or i hope to god that plan fails. lol

back to the issue at hand.

guys listen to this ok. the reason reika choose to bring tae back was not to earn points with kei okay? she knew that kurono was going to use a 100 points to bring tae back and reika wanted kurono to be happy and b free THATS THE REASON.

reika was confused during the osaka like the others, none would of done the same but u would expect cherry maybe..
tae saved a baby lol and sure maybe kurono life would be easy with reika with money but tae would be a good housewife and I THINK that is better to have a gf out of gantz because the ones in gantz would get in the way and ???? things up, my evidence is when kei sure the kei kishimoto die, he snaped and lost his pro skills plus a arm and leg.
look when the katasphere happens maybe some other nations will pop up like AU and u have me in it! i would make reika think wow its another kurono but with a sexy aussie accent LOL. i move to japan and live of her big money and tae bakes cookies for kurono.

im tired of the akira thing ok, the chick he was for was kill bill and the chick that shaved him lol(wonder what happen with that relationship, maybe she wanted to stop dating younger guys and get older ones) or akira acting all emo n shit.

@ssjasper
yeh u thought it was nishi until the guy just did not say anything like..
get those money makers out or shut the ???? up u reikay dog shit bit$#s i wasmt speaking to the dirt on the ground i was speaking to the boobie machine. ya lol

and guys sure kurono banging reika sounds nice and all but it may not happen and if yous are so hooked on it then create some fan based anime porn comic of them doing lmao.. my advice is to trace their heads and try to draw nice bodies lol

ps i dont approve of cheating on a girl friend no matter what hottie comes in the way. so way to go kurono! but if its too much for him he can always ask tae if he can sleep with reika or just break up with her but i doubt that and u know what if reika brings a new kei in the show i bet its gonna be a repeat of chapter 281 but he sees the other kei with tae and then cries some more

nouvomx
December 05, 2008, 10:34 AM
ok guys, I think the only reason why kurono was hesistant or turned off reika is because tae was about to go there to cook dinner, if it wasn't he would have banged her without hesitation,

and guys , plleeasssssseeee, stop the hypocrisy, love and sex are totally different things, I have a steady girlfriend, and I love her, 4 years and going strong, and I still bang other chicks, from time to time, does that make me love her less?

And I think its better to release your inclination to other women, (yes have sex to other women from time to time) before it piles up, that's why there are so many broken marriages. They have these repressed feelings that they won't let go. :)

Man are polygamous in nature, its either you're a hypocrete, or you can't get any other than your gf/wife :P

Revilenigma
December 05, 2008, 11:14 AM
first of all i doubt kei will ever dump tae, second she says shes going to bring kurono back when she gets 100 points, probably meaning that she might try to get kei killed so she will be the one to revive him.
[hr]
i know how you feel, if theres another mission im gonna fucking freak.
[hr]
she wants to revive kei kurono...shes gone crazy!!!
[hr]
i dont think she even knows akira exits.

Chaoswind
December 05, 2008, 11:52 AM
For a while I though that was nishi at reikas school.

What im wondering is how is she going to bring kurono back since everyone is in the room when the mission is completed & the points are given out. Does she plan on letting people know & see if they are ok with it or just kill/ let them die during the mission? Also in theory she should be able to revive a person again since theyre just "data" to gantz but if it only allows you to revive infinite times only if theyve died in the real world/gantz mission.

I don't think so

Gantz always saves your data when you are beamed, so before going to a mission and after said mission, If you are alive or not is not important, your data is there and you can make a new copy of said person any time you want... as long you have the points :p

What proof do I have? Little to none, I base my opinion on Nishi reaction when he is back, and the same reaction Kurono had (he remembers to have picked Option 3) so that means his data was saved when Gantz was beaming him.

warbandit66
December 05, 2008, 02:20 PM
ok guys, I think the only reason why kurono was hesistant or turned off reika is because tae was about to go there to cook dinner, if it wasn't he would have banged her without hesitation,

and guys , plleeasssssseeee, stop the hypocrisy, love and sex are totally different things, I have a steady girlfriend, and I love her, 4 years and going strong, and I still bang other chicks, from time to time, does that make me love her less?

And I think its better to release your inclination to other women, (yes have sex to other women from time to time) before it piles up, that's why there are so many broken marriages. They have these repressed feelings that they won't let go. :)

Man are polygamous in nature, its either you're a hypocrete, or you can't get any other than your gf/wife :P

And you're willing to put this in text on the internet? ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!

This is exactly the kind of post Kozar talked about. Do you honestly think that was an intelligent thing to type?

koji_ajimofu
December 05, 2008, 03:20 PM

This is exactly the kind of post Kozar talked about. Do you honestly think that was an intelligent thing to type?

Can't you believe it? Hahaha!

It's funny, but I understand both of two different opinions. Guys like you and Kozar and other teenagers think that such behaviour is unintelligent, dishonorable and dirty. Others, like I and nouvomx and (I bet!) all other grown-ups think it's normal. Listen, believing in eternal love, "fair" relations with girls and other purist shit maybe good for you, but life is not that simple.

And this is seinen manga (isn't it?). If you want pretty pure lovely-dovely stories - go read some shonen.

Kurono is a LOOSER! That's why he didn't fuck Reika. He just don't believe that he CAN do it, I think.
[hr]
And this is not joke! :)

gantzfan
December 05, 2008, 03:42 PM
Love and sex are two different things, but if you're cheating on your girlfriend then you don't really care for her. If you love someone, you wouldn't do something that would hurt them.

Of course, it's different if your woman knows and accepts that behavior.

warbandit66
December 05, 2008, 03:45 PM
Okay first of all your post is extremely patronizing. I mean come on your 4 years older than me, plus Kozar and I are both 19 we're hardly kids (we don't even know how old nouvomx is he could be 12 for all we know).

And I'm all for open relationships but Kei is in a serious relationship where the concept isn't mutual. It's okay if you have an understanding but it's not manly to go sneaking round behind your woman's back unless you can say "you knew how this was going to be".

Kozar927
December 05, 2008, 05:32 PM
you say that only teenagers could belive in true love. Thats ubserd. are you really saying that being an adult mean realizing you have so little self controle you will fuck any girl who comes your way even though your married. I know tons of adults including my parents who do not cheat. Thats an ubserd thing to say. Being an adult mean you have no self controle I would think thats when you realize you do have some. If your an adult and just fuck everything with huge boobs you are a sad sad man (and i use the term man loosly) as far as the shonen thing if he ended up with reika it would be a sonen are you kidding staying with tea makes this story alot less shonen. Rekia embodies everything that is shonen

102jayday
December 05, 2008, 05:58 PM
LOL at some of the post.
Kozar and Warbandit - yea 19 year olds rule ->im 19.
sorry but if going in a relationship debate the hypocretes are those in the fake relationships, i would be pissed! if my girl friend cheated on me and she would too, cheating on them is betraying them, when you have a relationship you 2 are meant to devote to each other..

gantz next week yeah! i wish it was like this for the rest of year(wait the years ending!) well and next year too!

does anyone want to predict about what it said in the last part of text that tonkoho founds out of sakurai's worries?

Kozar927
December 05, 2008, 06:11 PM
jayday your post kinds of confused me but I think your saying what me and warbanit are lol. I just cant belive the morally bankrupt world we live in were people say cheating is just what men have to do and its our nature, thats the nature of a horrable man im not saying im perfect I cheated on a girlfriend once and I ruined so much I lost someone I loved and it hurt so many people. Its awfule and NOT natural :'( sigh

but any ways yah I have a feeling sakurai is gonna have to cover up more from here in the future and it could break them apart

102jayday
December 05, 2008, 06:26 PM
oh my statement wasn't to u 2, it was the age thing lol.
i dunno i just got this strong belief about not to cheat because i put myself in their shoes lol, so yeah it sucks when it happens but you learn from it i guess.

i think sakurai will tell her little bits but not saying gantz, he will just say that somethings going down soon, she will pressure him to say it.
oh! i came up wth a idea, inaba is gonna die by the most favourite character kei kurono, i think his jeaously has jumped alot of the que now and he will attack kurono in all the chaos and kurono will be like 'thats it!'

Kozar927
December 05, 2008, 06:28 PM
lol that would be an interestng turn haha

but yah I feel like the main cast are gonna try and tell their loved ones to leave tokeyo somehow

idk

jpnraw
December 05, 2008, 06:59 PM
What's Reika planning? It will be interesting to see what happens. 2 Kuronos will be fucking BADASS. Reika really really loves Kurono huh....she's so desperate for him lol when she can probably get any guy she wants.

BigCamaro
December 05, 2008, 09:08 PM

If Kurono had a one night stand with Reika it would only make him a more human character, which is what he started out as. Even Reverand's fuck up. I dont think his girl will track the post down, though the polygymy thing sounds a little Mormon, I guess having a bisexual wife who wants to go out and tag team other girls would be ok and probably ensure the sex part of the relationship never gets old.

Anyway I dont think cheating on your girlfriend is a good thing. And cheating on your wife is a bad thing. But if the hottest porn star in the world walks in your room asking for sex throwing herself at you. And youre a horny individual by nature. What are the chances of you rejecting her for a girlfriend you know is leaving town for good anyway (or in this case the living realm)?

Amnesiac
December 05, 2008, 11:12 PM
oh! i came up wth a idea, inaba is gonna die by the most favourite character kei kurono, i think his jeaously has jumped alot of the que now and he will attack kurono in all the chaos and kurono will be like 'thats it!'

Inaba got over that phase long ago. I think he already realise if he wants to impress Reika has to be as reliable and confident as Kurono is in the missions.

However, if Reika's plan of re-reviving Kurono involves killing him first, something tell me she'll manipulate Inaba into doing it. But then again, it's Reika we're talking about, so it won't come to that.

About the almost-sex in the chapter, think about it: just a few weeks ago (in-story time) Kurono accepted a date with Reika without a second thought, it wasn't impulsive at all, he had plenty of time to think about it while traveling to meet her. So yeah, in the room with Reika wearing short-shorts waiting to be banged by Kurono, he would have said yes much more faster than in the date scenario, what kept him focused to say no was the fact that Tae was coming over.

But Tae saw Reika leaving the apartment, so the seeds of mistrust were sown.

#edit#

Noticed now, in the previous chapter Cherry talked about going to an amusement park. Maybe vampires or other aliens will attack him there, and his girlfriend will see everything.

Emmanra
December 05, 2008, 11:52 PM
Inaba got over that phase long ago. I think he already realise if he wants to impress Reika has to be as reliable and confident as Kurono is in the missions.

However, if Reika's plan of re-reviving Kurono involves killing him first, something tell me she'll manipulate Inaba into doing it. But then again, it's Reika we're talking about, so it won't come to that.

About the almost-sex in the chapter, think about it: just a few weeks ago (in-story time) Kurono accepted a date with Reika without a second thought, it wasn't impulsive at all, he had plenty of time to think about it while traveling to meet her. So yeah, in the room with Reika wearing short-shorts waiting to be banged by Kurono,he would have said yes much more faster than in the date scenario, what kept him focused to say no was the fact that Tae was coming over.

A man is as faithful as his options- Chris Rock

102jayday
December 06, 2008, 12:52 AM

About the almost-sex in the chapter, think about it: just a few weeks ago (in-story time) Kurono accepted a date with Reika without a second thought, it wasn't impulsive at all, he had plenty of time to think about it while traveling to meet her. So yeah, in the room with Reika wearing short-shorts waiting to be banged by Kurono, he would have said yes much more faster than in the date scenario, what kept him focused to say no was the fact that Tae was coming over.

#edit#

Noticed now, in the previous chapter Cherry talked about going to an amusement park. Maybe vampires or other aliens will attack him there, and his girlfriend will see everything.

yeh but inaba did brag kurono in the car.
um i dont think tae saw reika but they almost did bump into each other. it was just one of those fancy things people add in the stories lol

hmm then gantz might make a pre mission if that should happen at the amusement park.

maraxusofk
December 06, 2008, 03:49 AM
wait wtf just happened in that chapter? that last panel wit reika saying again seems kinda ominous. did she just kill kei and is crying about it? she could be planning on confessing her love to the newly revived kei immediately after revival to take him by surprise and keep tae out of the picture early.

Damura
December 06, 2008, 04:00 AM
If Kurono had a one night stand with Reika it would only make him a more human character, which is what he started out as. Even Reverand's fuck up. I dont think his girl will track the post down, though the polygymy thing sounds a little Mormon, I guess having a bisexual wife who wants to go out and tag team other girls would be ok and probably ensure the sex part of the relationship never gets old.

Anyway I dont think cheating on your girlfriend is a good thing. And cheating on your wife is a bad thing. But if the hottest porn star in the world walks in your room asking for sex throwing herself at you. And youre a horny individual by nature. What are the chances of you rejecting her for a girlfriend you know is leaving town for good anyway (or in this case the living realm)?

It wouldn't make him more human. There are a lot of people out there that still believe in things like... y'know, loyalty, trust, love... If he cheated on Tae he would be more flawed, not more human. As for the chances of an average person turning down Reika, well they would increase a little bit knowing that your insecure girlfriend could show up at any moment.

Oh, and most Mormons don't practice polygamy anymore, according to my coincidentally obese Mormon friend.
[hr]

first of all i doubt kei will ever dump tae, second she says shes going to bring kurono back when she gets 100 points, probably meaning that she might try to get kei killed so she will be the one to revive him.

First, I don't think she is planning to kill Kei. When I read it (frankyhouse translation, btw), I thought that what she was trying to do was resurrect a second Kei, so that there would be two Kei's at once, one for her and one for Tae. Secondly, Kei might not have to dump Tae... If Reika's plan fails, all that's left is for Tae to have a little... "accident"... something like a fall down a flight of stairs... with a gantz sword in her back...

Tumerking
December 06, 2008, 01:15 PM
Man, i really wanta see a Reika and Tae fight/comfrontation/anything that puts them in the same room together.

JC123
December 06, 2008, 02:42 PM
The girl has gone crazy...

She wants him to be in two places. No guarantee which Kei is going to come back though... The one that has JUST started the game or the one that still love Tae. Either way, this can not end well...

I could swear that Kei would Give in (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllGirlsWantBadBoys) at the chance with her. I think it's just because Tae is coming around.

Although, Tae "squinting" had me laughing.

Revilenigma
December 06, 2008, 03:18 PM
i very much doubt that reika would go as far as to kill Kei, she probably just snapped and went bat-shit crazy.
[hr]
if thats what she means than shes definantly gone crazy cause i dont think you can revive someone twice.

koji_ajimofu
December 06, 2008, 03:35 PM
Well, maybe I was too harsh. I'm sorry about that. I don't like cheating someone either. But this also includes cheating yourself, your real feelings and real instincts. :)

Kurono did what he did. I almost forget that he is a teenager too...

JediCrazy 101
December 06, 2008, 05:18 PM
I think Reika went crazy & she may not kill Kei you kill him then revive him again he will still love Tae unless she kills him and everybody knows he's dead so he cant go back to his life or see Tae ever. But I still don't think shes that far off so she may just revive a new kei from several missions ago.

P.S. Has anyone notes the great change in technology cause from Vol 1-22 they have these crapy phone from 2000 and this look like it started at 2002 (story timeline) and kei was there for 7-9 months then they have Iphones blackbarrys etc. W.T.F

SeaWo|f
December 06, 2008, 07:00 PM
Now maybe my memory is failing me after that osaka mission but to my knowledge Akira WAS NEVER SCANNED BY GANTZ. Which would make it completely impossible for him to be revived by reika. Tae was possible because she was an official target of a mission and was scanned but why she was on the list as a 'player' i'm a bit confused by.

And i would like to reiterate that there is absolutely no precedence for reviving a person that is alive the kishimoto thing is down to gantz making a copy just prior to death and her original being revived by medical personal afterwards. Now she may be loony--infact she probably is-- and is inventing a way to make another kei for herself that has no basis in what we know about gantz.

As far as killing kei goes again she maybe able to convince her self that she could kill him and bring him back from a time before he met tae. There are a couple of problems with this. One gantz doesnt ask you from when you would like the member revived, hell we dont even know if old copies remain in the DB or are overwritten. Two when exactly did kei spill everything about his past in and out of the game to her? For all she knows he was dating tae before he started the game.

My guess after reading the chapter is she is thinking of making a copy but is blinded by her obsession to the problems with this. Although the last comment by the narrator on the last page doesnt quite fit with that theory.

nouvomx
December 06, 2008, 07:54 PM
so I guess I did stir your male libidos :)

Ok, I'm not 12, do I sound like 12? I'm almost a decade older than you guys. First let's discuss frequency, did I say fuck any hole you can find? lol, from my post I said I bang chicks from time to time. I've scored alot of chicks in my early 20's, I lost count at 200, so go figure.

Does my girlfriend know I post here? Ofcourse not, I seldom post here and this is madeup nickname. Guys its natural to get attracted to people other than your love one. And my advise, since you are technically in your "teens" Just enjoy your youth and bang chicks as many as you can, so when you get married, you'll get less temptation. That's why I see alot of broken marriages, they didn't enjoy their youth.

And also I'm on the stage that I want to settle, that's why I live with my girlfriend. For me its stupid to have a marriage before "trying out" or living together with your partner. You can see the real thing in people when you live together. They may be nice when you are dating but they can be a bitch if you're living with them.

And its not only mormons who have multiple wives btw, clericals and even popes had wives before. And the pope who ordered to have celibacy before people are ordained to be priest had 9 wives himself. So again, its human nature, its prevalent in other culture too. I'm Catholic btw.

-------------

Notice other posters agree from what I said, Kurono would have banged Reika without hesitation if Tae wasn't about to go to his place. my 2 cents :)

warbandit66
December 06, 2008, 08:16 PM
I get what you're saying and to be honest my surprise lay more in the fact that you freely admitted that on the internet (these kind of statements can come back to bite you in the ass especially if they're on the internet trust me). But I do think that what Kei did was right although he probably did turn her down purely from the thought of the guilt that would come with it.

nekosxe
December 06, 2008, 09:53 PM
nouvomx, I'm not going to judge your lifestyle, but don't go preaching that it is the lifestyle that others should choose. Let them decide for themselves.

On topic, I think it's awesome that Kei didn't choose Reika. It just shows how much he has grown as a person since the beginning, and I love how much character development that takes place is in this great manga called Gantz.
It's really not about whether Tae is better than Reika or vice versa. If you have an attitude like that in relationships, you will always have problems, because you will always find somebody that has attributes that you like. It's really about Kei growing up and making the mature decision to stay with the person he devoted himself to.

nouvomx
December 06, 2008, 10:38 PM
@nekosxe you should choose your words wisely, I never forced anyone to anything,

@warbandit66 - well, what can I say? The truth shall set you free.

on topic, I agree its not a matter of who's better or not (tae or reika). But I do feel that Reika's love is true. And again, on people who says that tae is a good person etc... well, if you really look into yourself, what do you really look first on the partner? 90% would probably, say their inner beauty, but 90% are probably lying. You are always attracted in superficial things, we live in a superficial world.

jpnraw
December 06, 2008, 11:17 PM
Yo but to all the people saying "just fuck reika" or "one night stand plz", don't you think that'll cause major ass problems. Reika isn't a prostitute who's gonna go away after you pay her, if Kurono fucks her, she's gonna expect something from him, and usually if you fuck a girl that likes you, she's gonna think there's more to it you know. Just something to think about.

I don't think Kurono should go bang Reika unless he's gonna take up responsiblities and be with her...or else Reika might go crazy[she loves him after all...] and cause some problems[in real life+ gantz]. Also if Reika isn't doing what she's suppose to+causing problems in Gantz because she's preoccupied or mad, there's gonna be some bad shit going down.

Kozar927
December 06, 2008, 11:43 PM
im sorry man im not knocking your life style but that post just made me sick thank god not all men in thios world behave like you. I just cant belive how moraly bankrupt the world has become, im not saying I havent banged my share of chicks but I would never say the things you say. if korono fucks reika all hope is lost. im simply speechless and jpnraw thank god some other people have sence in this world still

im.... just... speechless... I have more i wanna say but iim just so speechless...

croissant
December 07, 2008, 12:30 AM
Now, i'm just a little amazed how the gantz manga can really relate to human choices in reality. I think that's what captivated me from the beginning. The manga started of a moral issue with are you willing to kill to save your own skin. We saw a lot of different reactions. Like katou who was unwilling to kill. Kei who saw that there was no other choice. And finally nishi who finds pleasure in the hunt. Now we have another moral question, and this time it pertains to relationships.

on topic. Don't you think that some of gantz fans are surprised with kurono's choice to stick with tae? We've all seen how a horny guy kei was. The kei who read magazines, who was into boobs, fantasized kishimoto, and had a quicky with the lara croft girl. Hence all the confusion as to why kei denied reika. I think we all loved that kind of kei, who was wild and horny. Despite how unethical the jerk was, we liked him that way. We are all thinking, if he was the old kei, he wouldn't pass an opportunity like this. Like i did. And now he is righteous like katou his now. He isn't weaker though. He became badass especially in the oni mission. But he lost his... i dunno... flare? can't find the right word...

nouvomx
December 07, 2008, 12:52 AM
lol @ kozar927, are you saying you're doing it but you won't admit it? The way you say it, looks like I'm a bad bad bad person :P chill out, its not the end of the world lol

Again, let me reinforce something that was posted here before, When Kei had dated Reika, he didn't hesitate even if he's with Tae. That what I like Kurono, he's so true to human nature, not those pretentious manga with all those purist ideals. So its probably that he 1) couldn't handle the guilt 2) Tae was about to go there and he'll get busted 3) all of the above.

To all those purist people here, the moment you think of impure thoughts, like fuck, breast, kill, war, etc, well if you're catholic, its a grave sin, you shouldn't read Gantz :)

nekosxe
December 07, 2008, 01:07 AM
I dunno I think Kurono still has his flare (remember the dino mission w/ no suit?). You see it when the vampires attack him too. For some of the missions he started fighting out of fear (that's the boob loving idiot Kurono), then he somehow always get's confidence and owns, and I imagine that's the Kurono people like the most.
It makes me wonder how he is going to fight in the upcoming game...is he going to start it like he did in the Oni mission? How is this Kurono going to fight?

JC123
December 07, 2008, 01:30 AM
Guys, the word is "swagger"

Kei for the most part learned the game on his own and just naturally has a thing about surviving. Instinct, drive, determination, call it what you will but he wants to live.

He saved Tae from a horrible fate, similar to what he has done for Reika. But I have to go with nouvomx on this one. If it wasn't for prior commitments (namely Tae being over soon) he probably WOULD have gone out with Reika to say the least. But he isn't stupid and he knows the implications of just such a hookup. 10:1 if Inaba would step up to the plate, Reika might consider him. Until then, we have drama making a pitstop and making a girl do some straaaange stuff....

nouvomx
December 07, 2008, 01:40 AM
yeah I agree, Kei has a natural talent of surviving, he was like that when he was a kid, and as a previous poster pointed out that it probably died down during his, teen, (possibly the bully, - the tall guy who was with kurono's crush). It was then reawaken in Gantz, the difference between the old kurono and the new kurono is that, the old one, was just showing off, the new one has this charisma of a bright hope for all those people who were trapped. That was probably why Reika was entranced to Kurono. So the main difference was his resolution, the new one really wants to survive and as much as possible save his fellow gantzers.

I think we're gonna see a lot of focus on the gantzer's personal life before getting to the possibly last mission. Hope the author would focus on the massed produced gantz balls.

Idion
December 07, 2008, 08:21 AM
Do you guys think that maybe Kurono is taking in to account that the world is probably going to end in the next week and decided that Tae, who has no idea that this is about to happen, should be the one thinking that life is normal instead of dating Reika who knows and even speculates that the world will be attacked.

Maybe he just thinks that it is very selfish of Reika to even consider the fact of dating, he probably thinks he needs to uphold the responsibility of defending earth from aliens and there is no need to slack off when they have to be focusing on this upcoming threat.

I might be reading too far into it though.

nekosxe
December 07, 2008, 01:10 PM
No, Idion, your hypothesis actually sounds pretty good...I think right now he is just trying to give Tae a normal "last days" or whatever. I don't think he looks down on Reika for her actions, because wanting a relationship, even if the world is going to end, is only human.
I see how the upcoming Katastrophe could have played a part in his decision, as it has actually made him think about the upcoming events and the feelings of others. I also think he is being more true to himself and his feelings (aka thinking with his heart/head instead of his genitals).

Kozar927
December 07, 2008, 01:47 PM
im not catholic or purist. I do alot of things that wouldnt be considered moral so im not basing you for that... im just saying they way you said its something all guys do etc etc its like. why do you have to justify your actions by saying all men do it. I and many other men wouldnt cheat on teir wifes/GFs dont drag us all down with that generaalization. but look I guess were never gonna see eye to eye on this so lets drop it

ElleroSe
December 07, 2008, 04:37 PM
The word revive means bring back to life, eh?

Is it possible to release Kurono free with 100pts? Don't forget that Kurono is just revived and he doesn't have any point but Reika's almost get 100 pts. So she'll release(or revive) Kurono back to normal life(again), forget gantz, and forgot Tae cuz Kurono met Tae after he died and he did forgot once he was released in the first season. Then Reika's gonna hit on him this time. She might ask to stay over night again, lolz.

kaliayev
December 07, 2008, 04:56 PM
Ugh, I really hate it when people make the argument that kei would be with reika if he hadn't dated tae. Without prior commitments to tae, the manga wouldn't be where it is. kurono would have run away from the shorty alien at the school; izumi would have been killed by short; izumi, being dead from the shorty incident, wouldn't have initiated the shinjuku massacre; reika wouldn't be in the room; and kurono would probably be dead. Holy shit, it's a logical fallacy! There's reason oku wrote, "what if you met me before you met her?" Of course, since kurono wouldn't be the kind of person she could fall for had he not dated tae, that's still a logical fallacy, but it's not quite as bad.

you're catholic

Some of us are dime-store philosophers, thank you very much.

if thats what she means than shes definantly gone crazy cause i dont think you can revive someone twice.

Yes, that is what makes her crazy. I love that a comatose Kurono after the vamp attack would have resolved all of this.

well, if you really look into yourself, what do you really look first on the partner?

You're asking about physical features? Perhaps I'm just a weird one in this bunch, but I'm mostly interested in the face. Honestly, after comparing the two, I think tae has a better face than reika. Admittedly, my bias probably isn't based solely on her relationship with kurono, but the latter has a greater influence on my opinion.

But I do feel that Reika's love is true.

If that were the case, she would resign herself to his happiness and move the hell on. What she has is an unhealthy mania. What exactly are people basing this "love" on? Is it the fact that she had 100 points and used them to revive tae (feel free to offer up more instances of self-sacrifice for kurono because I can't really think of anything else)? So I love a person if, while caught up in an atmosphere of escalating benevolence (everyone in the room, except for izumi and kurono, spent their points on others), I spend money on them instead of on myself. This isn't necessarily an expression of love. If fact, it's easily comparable to inaba's "love" for reika (if he ever gets 100 points, he might actually revive someone in front of reika). Gramps has taken more bullets for kurono than reika, and both he and muscle freak revived people for him. Does this mean they "love" kurono romantically? As she is, she's a danger to herself and her teammates. The best solution to all of this is for her to just leave if she ends up with 100 points.

Let's say she does revive kurono. Best case scenario, one of the two kuronos ends up hating her. If there were two kuros, only one of them would get tae and they would have the same attachments to her. Whichever one doesn't get her would hate reika for what she did. Also, who, other than sei and inaba, the hell wants to be a rebound fuck? Worst case scenario, the kuros end up killing each other over a bloody bid for tae. After this, reika would kill herself and inaba would create shrine for her.

nouvomx
December 07, 2008, 07:31 PM
@Idion
Interesting theory :)

@kozar
If you stop putting words into my mouth I'll stop. I never ever stated any absolute, if you're an exception then fine, don't go preaching that the world is going to end since post like the one I did make the world nasty place, please do reflect on all your post, you just keep on attacking.

If I tell you, you are a maniac, would that make you a maniac? That's what you are stating, you keep telling me I'm saying this and that, this wouldn't stop if you keep on attacking.

That's the beauty of us humans, we don't need to relearn what our ancestors discovered, or learned a thousand years ago, knowledge just keep on piling up and piling up. My ADVISE, (its an advise not a command ok?)

You're on your late teens you're about to step on your 20's (just keep on enjoying it will end on your 30's believe me), just keep on absorbing other ones faults, mistakes, success, all their experience and make the better of it for yourself. That way you don't have to relive them since it will become your tool for your betterment.

@kaliayev
yes, thank you for your input, and that is exactly my point most men look at the physical features, in your case, the face. Though I don't think Tae has a better face than reika, if she was, she was probably be popular in school. As of know, she's branded as a looser, solely because of her appearance. Take note: solely based on appearance, it means she was judge not by her actions but her appearance.

-----
Again, please don't take it on absolute terms, grandpa did sacrifices, and he does love kurono too, but not in a way that he wants to live with kurono right? The fact that she did offer her 100 points is a magnificent way of showing her love to kurono.

They were all dead, all they think of at that time is that the only way out is 100 points, to them having 100 points is the ultimate prize of freedom. That's the highest commodity they can have. And she just gave it like that. Remember she was the first one the offer, the others probably gave in with the atmosphere, but I do believe they have different reasons.

She was practically offering herself to Kurono, not in a whore type of manner, she wanted Kurono to love her back, you wouldn't cry like that if you didn't love someone right?

I ask you this, do you have to die in order to prove you love someone? :)

Kozar927
December 07, 2008, 07:47 PM
Blah.... -__-

a little off topic
Does anyone know were all the old members went? they literally left without warning and then it seems millions of new people came here lol. it just used to be such an exclusive board... I dont mind I like alot of the new people but I miss the old :(
the discussion has changed drasticly now. we used to talk about real deep sybolism and themes in gantz now every post is just about why kei is dumb for not fucking reika. ::sigh::

@nouvomx

I did re read them and I was out of line I apologize for putting words in your mouth and everything else. I just got a little to passionate about it im not usually like this lol muh bad bro

Biozombiex
December 07, 2008, 08:18 PM
Ok hello everybody im new/old .
been here a long time but just ddecided to sign up today .
i used to love coming here reading theories , but now everyone is on a guilt trip over tae and reika . so what i came here to do is get everybody back on the right path .

Discussion:
ok in this chapter reika finaly confessed her supposed love to kurouno , and with that he was unsure and uncertain because he was in an impossible situation because tae was coming over to cook . if she hadn't theres no doubt that kurouno would have sucuumb to reika but at the same time have thoughts in the back of his had .

Prediction/theories :
Ok since people seem to misinterpret the final panels as reika going off the deep end my theory on this is that she actually killed kurouno and is going to revive him . although it isn't implied whatsoever . they just pan to her running out crying , so maybe she offed that man . and said ill revive kurouno .

2nd theory:
kurouno is still alive but katastrophe is in 2 days and they hold a meeting at kurounos place . it is discussed how the vampires got into gantz and they discuss how people could see them in the last mission and normal people were targeted .
and they remind kurouno that being outside of gantz is dangerous , and tae is in danger during katastrophe , so they decide during the next tranfer to take tae along.
^
If this theory proves correct then tae will see kurounos true self and from that determine if she really in love with a monster . all the while having reika envy it . but if reika makes a move to kill tae she know kei will never forgive her and most likely off her .(i think i went a little to far on this theory but meh)

3rd theory :
tae pure nature allows what most of you guys hear want a 3some . she will discuss why reika was there and kei will say she came on to him , but nothing happend . then tae will say she understands but its alright if you like her , i mean im just plain old tae and shes a international popstar idol . its understandable that you would like her , and then she gets all sentimental and emotionally excepting it . then kei feels bad and wants to explain to tae but can't because if he does *BOOOM* blood everywhere (gantz rule # 1 : no talking about gantz~ fightclub refrence)

anyway kei call reika back over and from there on its the 3 of them , living and loving each other until katastrophe , but then kei and reika disappear (gantz calls)
and tae ends up alone and hates herself blah blah emotion blah blah .

Ok i think i did good for a first post , so people are we done with who kurouno should be with and can we get back to the intelligent discussion how this board used to be , full of nice intelect and theories . also feel free to throw a wrench in my theories :)

Kozar927
December 07, 2008, 08:23 PM
lol welcome but as far as the intelligent discussion read my post above yours. its gone and I don t think itll be coming back, but thanks for trying to bring it back.

Justa tip peoplle may be mad at you for saying things like setting people on the right track lol you also state your perdictions as if they are fact when they are just perdictions worth as much as any one elses here (so when you say he would of sucombe to reika if tea wasnt coming... I could not dissagree more) but I like them sounds plausable

Masterchief
December 07, 2008, 08:23 PM
Blah.... -__-

a little off topic

I would say alot, we should really discuss this in the thread.this reika tae business is creating alot of distress

But I agree with kaly on this one, if kurono never met tae, reika never met kurono and even if she did she would never go out with him. Reika is that one girl in a manga who becomes obsessed with someone and will do anything for them, in the end just plain out snaps. Im also sure that when she offered her points she knew that if she didnt revive tae, kurono would. This in no way means that she used the points to impress kurono, she might have done it purely out of guilt or to thank kurono for the many times he had saved the team. The old man I would think gave kurono the points out of thanks, he even said( I think) about how he gave up hope since his wife died and how he felt he was useless to the world(not sure about the last part) but kurono inspired him( willingly or unwillingly). Kaze stayed in the room to protect kaze, and I dont think he wanted a weapon so why not?

Biozombiex
December 07, 2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks I try to make it sound as believable as possible to some extent , by sticking strictly to gantz rules. But honestly my brain was lagging behind my typing drastically . spelling mistakes etc . yeah though people may just be on christmas break etc . :darn hope they dont forget about us .

kaliayev
December 07, 2008, 09:13 PM
@kaliayev
yes, thank you for your input, and that is exactly my point most men look at the physical features, in your case, the face.

I ask you this, do you have to die in order to prove you love someone? :)

In gantz, yes. Until reika dies, or nearly dies, trying to save him, kishimoto, anzu, and tae are more loving than reika.

I wouldn't really say I proved your point. You asked what one looks at, not what one considers most important in a first encounter (obviously, when you first meet someone you can only base your impression of them on sight, unless you have an image based on second-hand knowledge acquired before meeting said person). Since looking involves visual stimuli, I replied with the physical feature that I like the most. Asking what a person values most when starting contact with another can only result in a visually based answer (unless you're blind or find the voice, which i rank just under the face and smile, more attractive than visual stimuli). It would be better to ask what someone is usually most interested in fifteen minutes after meeting someone.

Ironically, kurono didn't even notice reika when he got to the room.

*is now done with above subject*

@bio
Welcome and you're right, it's time to get back on-topic.

Killed kurono? How? She's not wearing a suit and there's no way she could overpower him. However, a school days imitation could be in the works (yes, I am ashamed to say I watched that anime. But hey, at least a crazy chick cut off some dude's head).

I do feel a little sorry for kurono, though. One's never sure how to minimize the damage in a situation like that. Of course, reika should have known her chances of success were slim since he's in an intimate relationship with tae. If she had left it at "I just wanted to get it off my chest," I'd be more sympathetic. However, she proposed a ridiculous solution, one that displays her romantic schizophrenia, and oku suggests that this solution doesn't bode well for kurono.

2. I don't think they'd be able to convince him on that point. Throwing a person into a tornado is worse than just telling him them to seek shelter a day in advance.

I don't want that...it would be even more awkward than his other sexual experiences. It's also highly unlikely (we're more likely to see izumi come back than a threesome).

@kozar
Look, people have commitments. Babs and george are involved in the running of this site so they'll probably post a little over the next few weeks and check back more often during the holidays. Genius hasn't really been missing for as long as you think and he's had much longer periods of absence than this one. Gat's probably hovering and waiting for something interesting. While it's okay to voice your sentimentality/nostalgia every once in a while, it shouldn't be at the forefront of the discussion (well, maybe in the hang-out thread). Your best bet is to pick up some of the slack and try to improve the current quality of the boards.

JC123
December 07, 2008, 09:15 PM
I'll link it one more time...

But Reika is seriously getting on the borderline of Yandere (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yandere). Honestly, this could go a LOT of ways. But she's tried making him happy...

Next step is possibly crazyville.

I ask you this, do you have to die in order to prove you love someone?

That's already happened... Remember the Buddhist alien mission?

maraxusofk
December 07, 2008, 11:10 PM
Ugh, I really hate it when people make the argument that kei would be with reika if he hadn't dated tae. Without prior commitments to tae, the manga wouldn't be where it is. kurono would have run away from the shorty alien at the school; izumi would have been killed by short; izumi, being dead from the shorty incident, wouldn't have initiated the shinjuku massacre; reika wouldn't be in the room; and kurono would probably be dead. Holy shit, it's a logical fallacy! There's reason oku wrote, "what if you met me before you met her?" Of course, since kurono wouldn't be the kind of person she could fall for had he not dated tae, that's still a logical fallacy, but it's not quite as bad.

id say theres a pretty good chance the manga will still be where it is. tae came into the manga AFTER kurono already experienced about 4 missions. iono bout u but kurono turned out to be quite the contestant without tae, which is wut the manga focused on. since izumi is pretty athletic, theres a high chance he would have been able to escape.

the thing is, kurono DID run away from the alien because he felt he had to protect tae. if kurono was with reika prior to tae, he would have probably ran away to protect reika.

Kozar927
December 07, 2008, 11:16 PM
this manga would not be the same at all w/o tea
she developed keis character and it doesnt make sence to say this manga is funtional w/o her kei had to grow up and tea made him a good person reikas just too selfish to leave them alone

Masterchief
December 07, 2008, 11:25 PM
not to mention kaze,old man,sakata,sakurai,reika and even inaba wouldnt be there. I can guarantee kurono probably would have died in the dino mission, izumi wouldnt have survived, he wouldve died right there and then.

dariusmg
December 08, 2008, 12:45 AM
she developed keis character and it doesnt make sence to say this manga is funtional w/o her kei had to grow up and tea made him a good person reikas just too selfish to leave them alone

I agree! Just stay on real way of manga its no matter Kei with or without Tae or maybe Reika ... with Kei or without him (as it was some time ago) ...

The real thing is that Gantz is going to make the last confrontation and there will be plenty of action. Seinen is not about relationship, pure love and other fealings, it is action (at least 80% action and just 20% bla bla bla)!

I think during the catasrophy there will be last stand fight with alien invasion and no points will be given at all, because there will be no survivers (it was programed form begining of misions with increasing hardness in geomerical progresion).

On the other words, happy end can happen just after distruction the source of infestation, I mean destroying the alien realm (as example the game UFO or X-COM). It is because aliens are not sent by men - some of them are living here (buda) and new are some how comming for feeding (kantaro), hunting (fairies), annexion (lord of lightning) or fun (nuri). The humans just got technologies from above (factory) to make some resistence for more fun!

Go to topic and wait for next chapter :) !

gibits
December 08, 2008, 12:58 AM
All i can say about Reika's plan is: BRILLIANT!

It never even occurred to me to bring back a person that was already alive. In theory everyone in that room is dead. Wow Reika is freaking smart (and a bit scary). Funny how Katuo is prolly gonna hook up with Kishimoto now, yet another "dead" character. Duplicates for everyone!

nouvomx
December 08, 2008, 04:29 AM
lol @ the 3rd theory of Biozombiex, quite an imagination you have there :)

@kozar and everyone

I apologize too if I came up too strong, but just want to reassure you, I'm not forcing anyone to believe what I post, that's just how I see and my view my reality :)

The frequent 'intelligent posters you mentioned btw probably on a Christmas break like biozombiex mentioned.

@kaliayev

then you prove my point again, and "tae are more loving than reika", you admit that reika love kei kurono. Note I only mentioned that reika love Kurno. :) I hope you get my point this time, I'm not comparing the two, I'm just saying she loves Kurono.

------
You are right, that's what I asked, what you look first in the person, you said face, which is exactly what I'm saying. My point is 90% of people usually look on superficial things first rather than inner beauty. Most of people dismiss ugly people, without even knowing them, even if they have a golden heart.

That's what I like in Gantz the sense of reality, that is how it was portrayed to Kurono. Kei wasn't really interested in Tae, since it started as a bet, but eventually grow fond of her, and now he's afraid of loosing her.

Btw, as far as I can remember, Reika's clothe made her not stand as much, I mean no one really realized the she was a star at first right?

-------------

I agree Tae made a major part of remolding Kei to a gallant warrior. Though he was awesome to begin with (when he was a kid). Moreover, all of the Gantz team really made Kei to what he is now, yes including the dead ones. It was further developed by digesting Katou's ideals.

@gibits

I like the way you think :). Reika is probably a genius or a crazy chick who's obsessed :)

Damura
December 08, 2008, 08:40 AM
There isn't much to discuss any more anyway... Basically all this chapter produced was an argument over ethics and an attempt to come to a consensus on what Reika really means by reviving Kei again.

What we've seen in character development is the introduction of some asshole (whose name I forget) that is probably going to impact Kei heavily at some point in the manga, particularly if he becomes a Gantz member and possibly through further trauma. Katou is trying to start a relationship with the curiously easy-going, upbeat, suicidal Kishimoto. Kaze and Takeshi have moved in with the old man which may strengthen their friendship which could lead to the three of them looking out for each other even more so during Katastrophe. Reika is completely obsessed with Kurono now, and Inaba is not far off with his infatuation with her either. Inaba is probably going to try one last extreme attempt at earning her love, which is probably going to turn out very badly for him given Reika's obsession. If Kurono runs into Katou and Kishimoto, he may even start to get feelings for her again too. As of yet there is no sign of Hoi Hoi's whereabouts.

What we should be expecting, I think, is the return of the Vampires. We have no idea what Host Samurai has said or done since the mission. For all we know, Host Samurai could kick down the door as Tae prepares some ramen for Kei, and cut them in half with the aide of his regenerating tie. There is also that reporter guy in Germany, researching Gantz. We haven't really learned much so far, but we know that Gantz balls are being mass-produced and that in three days Katastrophe will begin... Maybe the reporter will learn something about the weapons or functions of Gantz from the factory, but there has got to be more to his trip to Germany than discovering that Gantz needs a hundred of those balls to combat the Katastrophe... Speaking of which, just what the fuck IS Katastrophe!? Why do 'they' need so many Gantz balls? There's going to be hundreds, maybe thousands of Gantz members running around very soon...

Amnesiac
December 08, 2008, 10:16 AM
There's going to be hundreds, maybe thousands of Gantz members dying around very soon...

Fixed.

JC123
December 08, 2008, 10:59 AM
There isn't much to discuss any more anyway... Basically all this chapter produced was an argument over ethics and an attempt to come to a consensus on what Reika really means by reviving Kei again.

What we've seen in character development is the introduction of some asshole (whose name I forget) that is probably going to impact Kei heavily at some point in the manga, particularly if he becomes a Gantz member and possibly through further trauma. Katou is trying to start a relationship with the curiously easy-going, upbeat, suicidal Kishimoto. Kaze and Takeshi have moved in with the old man which may strengthen their friendship which could lead to the three of them looking out for each other even more so during Katastrophe. Reika is completely obsessed with Kurono now, and Inaba is not far off with his infatuation with her either. Inaba is probably going to try one last extreme attempt at earning her love, which is probably going to turn out very badly for him given Reika's obsession. If Kurono runs into Katou and Kishimoto, he may even start to get feelings for her again too. As of yet there is no sign of Hoi Hoi's whereabouts.

What we should be expecting, I think, is the return of the Vampires. We have no idea what Host Samurai has said or done since the mission. For all we know, Host Samurai could kick down the door as Tae prepares some ramen for Kei, and cut them in half with the aide of his regenerating tie. There is also that reporter guy in Germany, researching Gantz. We haven't really learned much so far, but we know that Gantz balls are being mass-produced and that in three days Katastrophe will begin... Maybe the reporter will learn something about the weapons or functions of Gantz from the factory, but there has got to be more to his trip to Germany than discovering that Gantz needs a hundred of those balls to combat the Katastrophe... Speaking of which, just what the fuck IS Katastrophe!? Why do 'they' need so many Gantz balls? There's going to be hundreds, maybe thousands of Gantz members running around very soon...

From the looks, the numbers of people that get to fight will be replenished just as much as the first wave.

This may be turning into a war and we always need more troops.

nouvomx
December 08, 2008, 11:57 AM
I agree, I think Katastrophe is just a beginning of the war. There would probably a nuclear bomb, that'll will probably kill alot of people making them Gantz soliders

warbandit66
December 08, 2008, 12:23 PM
I wonder how Kei's going to react when Reika actually reaches 100 points and in front of the whole room she says "I want to use my points to revive Kurono". Surely the whole team will question her and I really doubt Kurono would let it happen or that even Gantz would let it happen. All I'm saying is get ready for the Kurono alien mission guys the team will have to decide whether to kill the copy (assuming they know which is which) or let him live with whatever consequences it may bring.

SeaWo|f
December 08, 2008, 01:44 PM
she could make the mistake of saying revive kei and getting kishimoto brought back to life from memory. Now wouldnt that be funny, I think its more likely that her state of mind will effect her in this next mission and get her killed.

Desperate for points = taking risks = death.

BigCamaro
December 08, 2008, 03:16 PM
It wouldn't make him more human. There are a lot of people out there that still believe in things like... y'know, loyalty, trust, love... If he cheated on Tae he would be more flawed, not more human. As for the chances of an average person turning down Reika, well they would increase a little bit knowing that your insecure girlfriend could show up at any moment.

we're talking about loyalty, trust, and love to a girl you're not married to, who is going away for good in a few days for all you know, and whose life you've jeapordized by being with. Kei has admitted before he wasn't physically attracted to her, though now he's obviously developed feelings for her. Yet we know he is a horny character and very physically attracted to Reika.

And Humans are flawed, they're not perfect creatures. Which is why cheating on Tae for a supermodel who forces herself on him makes him more human. I'm sure even youd have to wonder if the Male model your girlfriend is most attracted to came on to your girl alone in her room one night, and asked for a one night stand, would she or would she not be faithful, unless you've put a ring on her finger. You don't have to forgive her for it, but you might almost understand that shes human, not a machine, and even if she loves you she may have deep dark fantasies, that as a human she may give into.

I don't look down on Kei for it, but you can't convince me it doesn't make the once very flawed Kei that even the most imperfect of people could identify with, a little less relatable. I'm pretty sure the majority of people if put in this situation be they convict, cook, preacher, sex-ed teacher, would give in to temptation despite hesitation, under the condition that they're not even engaged yet, and could still feel lust for other women (this guy was thinking about bringing Sei and Kishimoto back last time, and its not because they were such great friends).

llamapie
December 08, 2008, 07:35 PM

:P I believe its just a way of displaying a good man's worst nightmare. Being hitched to someone you actually love while someone who is incredibly hot is knocking on your door. Its a conundrum, that kei has handled quite well.

nekosxe
December 08, 2008, 07:43 PM
@seawolf I'm really wondering whether Reika is going to die, or be a crazy bitch and slaughter the aliens. Maybe both?

@DrukenYoshimaster hey I actually found him relatable in what he did. Go figure.
I mean, if he slept with a supermodel, wouldn't that be even less relatable?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say if someone is posting in a gantz forum there is a pretty high chance that they haven't been with a supermodel (not saying that anybody here can't get with decent looking girls, don't take it the wrong way).

@Damura That talk about that asshole character made me think, what if other characters end up in Gantz, such as Tae and clone Kishimoto? That would be so awkward, just think about how weird that situation would be...

warbandit66
December 08, 2008, 07:54 PM
You're right Kei sleeping with a supermodel would be unrelatable.

In all honesty as a single guy if Reika came over to my place with the same proposal she had for Kei I'd hit that like the fist of an angry god but I'd like to think that if the same opportunity where to come up had I been in a long term relationship at the time I'd show a bit more self control.

JC123
December 08, 2008, 08:36 PM
In all honesty as a single guy if Reika came over to my place with the same proposal she had for Kei I'd hit that like the fist of an angry god but I'd like to think that if the same opportunity where to come up had I been in a long term relationship at the time I'd show a bit more self control.

Dude, that just made my day. XD Thanks.

Flare of Ra
December 08, 2008, 10:05 PM
Tae should have stayed dead to begin with. This question of morals wouldn't matter then. At that point she had served her purpose hadn't she? Oku intentionally went out of his way to keep them together.

I don't really understand. A few chapters before she was dragged into Gantz Kei wondered whether she would be safer without him. Surely enough she was endangered and killed off. Its understandable to want to revive her but what was the point of that chapter then? His fears were realized and without any memories of him at all it would have been moraly right to end the relationship there.

But when we try to fit Reika into this she just doesn't have a place at his side at this point. Had Kei have stayed with Gantz instead of going free with tae we would have seen Lara Croft come back no doubt and the situation hasn't changed at all.

I want the Reika/Kei relationship to work out but...

By the way does that I'll Give You Oblivion at the beggining of the chapter mean anything you think? That has me worried sick for Reika.

Kozar927
December 08, 2008, 10:30 PM
I couldnt agree with above poster more the only reason I dissslike reika so much is because kei is in love with tea. I would havebeen happier if tea stayed dead. It would have made the story so much more like classic gantz and would of actully gave reika a place in this damn manga
btw welcome Flare

topkomputer
December 08, 2008, 11:42 PM
Reading 286 chapter about Reika's goal, doesn't it remind you with the same case before, when Kurono decided to collect 100 points to revive Tae?

For people who said about Reika's selfishness. Shouldn't you also be angry about Kurono's selfishness? Why he didn't move on, get 100 points and be realeased from Gantz without reviving Tae? The reason why he revived Tae is because he can't live without her, he loves her. The same thing that Reika feel now. That's why Oku wrote "Reika is in love".

For people who accused Reika that she could endager the team with her decision, why you didn't say the same thing that Kurono could endager the whole team with his maniac goal to collect 100 points to revive Tae. To remind you that Reika is no longer leader of the gantz team. Her job will be to follow the leader's order and collect 100 points for herself. That's the goal of the gantz team so each of the members collect 100 points and be freed. But Reika has other plan to do with her 100 points.

I believe what Reika thought is a win-win solution, she and Tae will each get their own Kurono. Nobody's get hurts, that's what she tought. That's why she asked kuro, if there is any possibility that he could accept her.

But wouldn't it become more complicated if the new kurono has a new goal to bring Tae back to live again? So there will be two kurono and two Tae. That's why I believe that either Reika will die in the next mission or she'll have a plan change.
[hr]
Actually for Gantz, three choices when the member get 100 points can be translated like this:

1. Create biological weapon (human)
2. Create mechanical weapon
3. Quit Game

That's what Sakurai's teacher means by 'life is cheap' when you choose no 1. He is right. Right now the members still doesn't understand what Gantz means. But Reika's decision might open a new way for the team to look at Gantz choices.

lucky888gunz
December 09, 2008, 12:11 AM
I think the idiot Kurono is a loli

no other explanation

hopefully he gets with reika eventually

topkomputer
December 09, 2008, 05:32 AM
I think the idiot Kurono is a loli

no other explanation

hopefully he gets with reika eventually

I doubt it. Oku has released another manga before Gantz, and the main hero end the manga with another standard-looking woman. I believe this will be the same in Gantz.

M.I.A
December 09, 2008, 07:39 AM
Maybe Reika plans to get The buttsmear Inaba to kill Kei for her, Rez a better one and go for gold, happy IMO as long as she lures Inaba into a woodchipper :P A semi-serious predicition mixed with alcohol and 1 am

warbandit66
December 09, 2008, 08:36 AM
What alot of you guys don't realise is that Tae actually fits the standard for beauty in asia, it's just that in comparison to the idealistic body types in Gantz (Sei, Kishimoto and Reika) she looks dull.

Masterchief
December 09, 2008, 10:06 AM
Reading 286 chapter about Reika's goal, doesn't it remind you with the same case before, when Kurono decided to collect 100 points to revive Tae?

For people who said about Reika's selfishness. Shouldn't you also be angry about Kurono's selfishness? Why he didn't move on, get 100 points and be realeased from Gantz without reviving Tae? The reason why he revived Tae is because he can't live without her, he loves her. The same thing that Reika feel now. That's why Oku wrote "Reika is in love".

The situation is different, firstly the only reason tae was dead at the time unlike kurono. Secondly she died because of gantz, and he couldnt protect her either. If you loved someone and they loved you back and you got them killed by involving them in gantz wouldnt you revive them. Not only because you loved them but because you felt guilty about them dieing in the first place. Its not selfish when the love is mutual and the person is dead. It is when theyre alive and you're obsessed with them so you want your own copy.

SoulRaiderX
December 09, 2008, 12:36 PM
His parallel affair with her is psychologically explainable. A man is polygamous creature, and Kurono type especially.

Man is not polygamist. Man is loosely monogamist, but we still believe in having multiple partners while in a stable relationship with one. We aren't entirely polygamist, but not strictly monogamist, and we still follow the monogamist route when the time comes.

And I think that Reika is going to kill the current Kurono and then revive him. Having two Kuronos around is a bad idea and it will cause many complications.

Or, here's a really interesting idea: she kills Kurono (or somehow Kurono dies)and then while Kurono is dead, she takes the chance to get Tae killed. Then, after Tae is off the list, she can revive Kurono and, with no Tae around, she can take Kurono for herself.

But I hope she doesn't revive a copy Kurono. Very bad idea.

THEorangePANDA
December 09, 2008, 12:38 PM
Man, Kei owes Reika a lot for res Tae, CAN'T HE JUST SHAG HER BRAINS FOR ONE NIGHT TO REPAY HER !? what a jerk :notrust

JC123
December 09, 2008, 01:34 PM
Man is not polygamist. Man is loosely monogamist, but we still believe in having multiple partners while in a stable relationship with one. We aren't entirely polygamist, but not strictly monogamist, and we still follow the monogamist route when the time comes.

This part makes absolutely no sense.

We are a culmination of our instincts and experiences. There are men that are faithful to one partner, there will be men that want more than one. But to say that we are entirely one or the other and then negate that... Bad philosophy. ;)

Amnesiac
December 09, 2008, 04:36 PM
By nature we tend towards polygamy, to be more specific: 1 man and various women. It may not be the standard today, but it has been the most prevalent kind of relationship throughout our whole history.

It's in our instinct to lust after more than one women, regardless of whether you think it's right or wrong to fulfill that instinct.

Flare of Ra
December 09, 2008, 05:27 PM
I want to respond to all the people who think that she could possibly kill or trick Kei into his downfall. This is not in her character. This doesn't mean Kei couldn't die in some other manner.

If I had to make a similar prediction I would say everyone spilts up to where Reika and kei are working together as partners. Something gains the advantage on him and Reika stands paralzyed wondering if she should even help him. So he dies and Reika goes to revive Kei which none of the remianing Gantzer's can question and la la an older Kei comes back.

From here I would suppose Reika would eventually tell him the truth or he would by some BS be attracted back to Tae once again which would be another very sad day for Reika.

Damura
December 09, 2008, 05:59 PM
Who's to say she won't try to harm Kurono? It may not have been in her character, but her character is changing. She's at least 3% more insane now than she was a few chapters ago.

ttfcmin
December 09, 2008, 07:09 PM
ok all reika is going to do is wish kei free because he will forget about gantz including tae and she will go out with him

Flare of Ra
December 09, 2008, 08:07 PM
Who's to say she won't try to harm Kurono? It may not have been in her character, but her character is changing. She's at least 3% more insane now than she was a few chapters ago.

Because thats just not humane and thats what Gantz has been about since day one. If she truly is insane she'll step in and finish him off but I don't think she would kill him herself.

Kozar927
December 09, 2008, 08:52 PM
I agree with flare and damura

id says she about 3% more crazy but that not enough crazy to kill kei

Masterchief
December 09, 2008, 09:28 PM
really? i would say shes at least 10 % more crazy. i mean she went from reviving tae and understanding tae with kurono to offering kurono sex then to a plan that just came out of nowhere to make 2 kurono's.

JC123
December 09, 2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah, she's kinda going off the deep end. She's not quite there, but her mental legs are taking her there at 90 kph and the cliff is 20 feet with the brakes out. All it takes is a few more comics to see how far she stops. :)

Flare of Ra
December 09, 2008, 11:06 PM
You might deem her insane but none of us have ever been faced with that choice. You don't think everyone and anyone who would take advantage of such is insane do you? Misguided or confused perhaps or maybe in such a world it would be normal.

And for the people who consider it insane what are your views on cloning? This is sorta what I'm talking about. As similar as you can get to a real life example of what reika is going through. I don't mean to get to far off topic though so sorry if I am.

Masterchief
December 09, 2008, 11:53 PM
no it is seen as insane, just because we can doesnt mean we should. What she is doing is the same as acting as a god. She is doing something unnatural of course gantz itself is unnatural but it does follow a set of rules. what she is doing is outside the boundaries of gantz, I wonder if gantz will allow it but it is still insane.

As for cloning it depends on what is being cloned, humans I think that is wrong but cloning something along the lines of dolly I deem it as experimenting(IMO of course).

JC123
December 10, 2008, 12:57 AM
You might deem her insane but none of us have ever been faced with that choice. You don't think everyone and anyone who would take advantage of such is insane do you? Misguided or confused perhaps or maybe in such a world it would be normal.

And for the people who consider it insane what are your views on cloning? This is sorta what I'm talking about. As similar as you can get to a real life example of what reika is going through. I don't mean to get to far off topic though so sorry if I am.

The FDA has allowed people to clone cows and we can eat the beef. It helps in the supply of food that we have.

Now if you're getting into ethics of this, then cloning humans to continue to live, technically, forever, is outright wrong. So please, don't bring the real life into a manga. We are all pretty aware of the real life and what's fictional.

Considering what Reika has done for Kei, she has gone above and BEYOND what she's needed to do to make sure he's happy. She helped him protect Tae when the Tae mission was active. She revived Tae when she didn't need to. She has an unhealthy crush on a guy that can survive in warlike situations. She's attracted to that and she doesn't know what to do.

In a final cling, she wants to revive a second Kei. I doubt she wants to kill him or finish him off. That would put her in the same boat as what happened to Izumi, where NONE of the Tokyo team would come to help him, even with knowing about the attack.

Reika has been saved on missions by Kei and she's attracted to that. It's that spice and that will to live that are also looking more and more to be her downfall. She wants Kei in an unhealthy way and the more contact that she has with him, the more that this can go in a negative fashion.

Is she insane? At this junction, that can't be determined. But see my post ^^^ there.

subaru052
December 10, 2008, 04:53 AM
love crazy is a better term to use than insane i think. if she were insane she wouldnt realize what she could do. shes trying to figure out a way to get kurono at any cost, it doesnt make her insane, just selfish and at fault to typical girl wacky actions.

i think everyone on tokyo team is getting psyched out tho, they have that countdown on their brain and its making their emotions out of wack. they are trying to grab onto things that are close to them that could be taken away. i mean, the old dood thinks he is about to die. the next battle is going to be very emotional and i think oku is setting up some characters for death. i dont really feel like explaining but i think he might kill off reika in katastrophe. and i will be sad.

Flare of Ra
December 10, 2008, 07:48 AM
Alright JC123 you knew where I was going alright. I almost regreted posting it after I did myself. I guess what I'm trying to get across though is that Reika isn't doing anything dangerous and so its only wrong maybe ethically.

Damura
December 10, 2008, 06:38 PM

What choice? You mean the choice to either accept the reality that you can't be together with the one you love and move on, or to hunt down a multiple of vicious aliens by night at extreme risk to yourself during a KATASTROPHE in an effort to clone your obsession?

It's insane because she is rambling, desperate, and ready to throw herself into danger without even knowing if Kurono can be cloned yet. She is obviously obsessed and is going to lose her mind very soon. Plus, the little text at the end of the chapter says "Reika in love. Dangerous thoughts."
[hr]
"they have that countdown on their brain and its making their emotions out of wack."

Nope. Just Reika. Inaba's normal, Kei's holding it together, Katou's moving on with Kishimoto, Kaze and Takeshi have moved in with the old man... Nishi's still Nishi.

man28jump
December 10, 2008, 08:07 PM
i think reika is going to end up killing kei beacuse she was rejected. think about it she has never been rejected in her life probably. she the hottest girl in tokyo and kei rejected her for tai a NORMAL AVERGE DAY SCHOOL GIRL
[hr]
it must of been tuff on her
[hr]
every person in the world has a dark side to them

kaliayev
December 10, 2008, 08:51 PM
after sitting with this development for a while, i'm left thinking reika might not even follow through on this plan. it could just be one of those moments when one realizes the absurdity of the arbitrary limits that one unconsciously erects around oneself (i.e. while cooking with a friend, i could realize that i'm entirely capable of stabbing this friend with a knife. of course, given my moral disposition and attachment to the friend, i won't try to actualize this scenario). the same thing could happen with reika. she had an epiphany involving, hitherto, unexplored gantz rules (unless there really is a comatose kurono in some unidentified hospital in the gantz universe, in which case it has been explored). since epiphanies are by nature momentary, it is questionable whether this epiphany will elicit substantial changes in reika or whether it may even be dismissed further down the line (if it does influence her character, jebus save kurono from this woman's obsession). the counter to this is that oku wouldn't include this scene if it didn't ultimately lead anywhere. however, there are plenty of examples of compromising one's will after one is faced with the requirements necessary and consequences implied in the realization of an idealized scenario in the gantz universe (with some characters, this happens because the character dies, but i'm going to ignore that fact because i don't think reika's will is the strongest of the bunch [after all, she was gonna leave kurono to rot in the data bank and now, she's "in love" again). for example, kurono said he was going to revive everyone he cared about from the past team, but he stopped right after tae was revived.
[hr]

never been rejected in her life probably.

she was never rejected because she was disinterested. you make it sound like she was making an effort at dating before she met kurono.

JC123
December 10, 2008, 09:55 PM
I'm still waiting for Sei to be revived. Then this can REALLY be a triangle. :D

JediCrazy 101
December 10, 2008, 10:23 PM
when is the next chapter coming out?

KevinSephiroth
December 10, 2008, 10:29 PM
Good question, I'm eager too for the answer, though IIRC it's next week, at about wednesday, thursday, right mates ?

Tumerking
December 10, 2008, 10:45 PM
I thought the chapters were supposed to come out weekly for the next 3 weeks. Anyone care to confirm this?

Flare of Ra
December 10, 2008, 10:50 PM
What choice? You mean the choice to either accept the reality that you can't be together with the one you love and move on, or to hunt down a multiple of vicious aliens by night at extreme risk to yourself during a KATASTROPHE in an effort to clone your obsession?

It's insane because she is rambling, desperate, and ready to throw herself into danger without even knowing if Kurono can be cloned yet. She is obviously obsessed and is going to lose her mind very soon. Plus, the little text at the end of the chapter says "Reika in love. Dangerous thoughts."
<hr noshade size="1">
"they have that countdown on their brain and its making their emotions out of wack."

Nope. Just Reika. Inaba's normal, Kei's holding it together, Katou's moving on with Kishimoto, Kaze and Takeshi have moved in with the old man... Nishi's still Nishi.

You missed the whole cloning bit didn't you? But lets forget about that because as others said thats not something we should really discuss.

Its not insane in Reika's position because she has a choice and is tempted by it. As far as we know both Kei's would have their own free will and mind so they would develop differently and essentially be there own personality.

So I agree with the term love crazy more then I do with insane.

JC123
December 10, 2008, 11:54 PM
I thought the chapters were supposed to come out weekly for the next 3 weeks. Anyone care to confirm this?

Gantz is done bi-weekly. Next one is next week. But I may be wrong...

Frostman
December 11, 2008, 12:13 AM
If you look at one of the translations for last weeks chapter, it says gantz will be iin the next issue. So i think we will get a chapter this week.

102jayday
December 11, 2008, 12:57 AM
but when we saw reika reject inaba the text at bottom said gantz issues for 4 weeks, i was thinking it was having a double issue but it meant one each week for these 4 weeks. so the raw should be out now! i want my rawwww

maraxusofk
December 11, 2008, 05:41 AM
i think wuts gonna happen is that reika will wish to revive the kei that first died in the subway incident, knowing that kei will have never met tae. thats probably why she asked kei if he would have fallen for her had he never met tae beforehand.

Mmod
December 11, 2008, 09:14 AM
Yes, there is gantz this week. Here's the preview:

http://www.s-manga.net/mens/index.html

click in the magzine in the up left corner.

d3vak
December 11, 2008, 11:08 AM
when is the next chapter coming out?

supposed Next 4 dates:

gantz 287 - December 18
gantz 288 - December 25
gantz 289 - January 8
gantz 290 - Not before January 22

Btw....

Reika is freakin nutz...but we all still love her :p

Mmod
December 11, 2008, 01:00 PM
gantz 287 - December 18

287 is already out in japan, as you can see in the link I posted above.

d3vak
December 11, 2008, 01:12 PM
287 is already out in japan, as you can see in the link I posted above.

Ow, really? I dindnt understand how to chek that on the website you posted...cause I clicked on the first magazine on the upper left corner and the only thing I saw about Gantz were the 1st 2 pages from chapter 286

I dont know anything about japanese though...:darn

Mmod
December 11, 2008, 01:35 PM
I dont know anything about japanese though...:darn

CRAP!!! You are right! :blink:blink:blink

So, yes, Gantz would be out in the edition following 286´s... I guess there is no Young Jump this week...

warbandit66
December 11, 2008, 03:18 PM
Reika is freakin nutz...but we all still love her :p

Speak for yourself dude.

KevinSephiroth
December 11, 2008, 03:22 PM
So, any Japanese reader who could post any links and/or spoiler camshots? Pretty please ?

Lynkobi17
December 11, 2008, 05:09 PM
Is there a chapter this week?

man28jump
December 11, 2008, 05:56 PM
this part of gantz might end up ending like school days except kei gets revied
<hr noshade size="1">
reika was crying right after she to offered kei to sleep with her. now she must fell in a pit of hell after she was rejected. she never felt rejection in her life probabaly and nobody has ever thought that maybe just maybe she would think of killing tae
<hr noshade size="1">

<hr noshade size="1">

Speak for yourself dude.

well im with the other guy she has totally gone nuts she said she going to reive him again meaning she just try to kill kei with out him knowing but im still holding on to inabi and reikas going out.
[hr]

after sitting with this development for a while, i'm left thinking reika might not even follow through on this plan. it could just be one of those moments when one realizes the absurdity of the arbitrary limits that one unconsciously erects around oneself (i.e. while cooking with a friend, i could realize that i'm entirely capable of stabbing this friend with a knife. of course, given my moral disposition and attachment to the friend, i won't try to actualize this scenario). the same thing could happen with reika. she had an epiphany involving, hitherto, unexplored gantz rules (unless there really is a comatose kurono in some unidentified hospital in the gantz universe, in which case it has been explored). since epiphanies are by nature momentary, it is questionable whether this epiphany will elicit substantial changes in reika or whether it may even be dismissed further down the line (if it does influence her character, jebus save kurono from this woman's obsession). the counter to this is that oku wouldn't include this scene if it didn't ultimately lead anywhere. however, there are plenty of examples of compromising one's will after one is faced with the requirements necessary and consequences implied in the realization of an idealized scenario in the gantz universe (with some characters, this happens because the character dies, but i'm going to ignore that fact because i don't think reika's will is the strongest of the bunch [after all, she was gonna leave kurono to rot in the data bank and now, she's "in love" again). for example, kurono said he was going to revive everyone he cared about from the past team, but he stopped right after tae was revived.
<hr noshade size="1">

she was never rejected because she was disinterested. you make it sound like she was making an effort at dating before she met kurono.

of course she was. she cried in the middle of the freaken street she must of felt something

d3vak
December 11, 2008, 07:15 PM
Reika is so self-centered and shallow that she doesnt even bother helself on thinking that there are only 2 days (and some hours) left before the Katastrophe begins...
to hell with her stupid "warped thoughts"...

She should realize that shes got a bigger problem to worry about

Lynkobi17
December 11, 2008, 07:45 PM
Reika is so self-centered and shallow that she doesnt even bother helself on thinking that there are only 2 days (and some hours) left before the Katastrophe begins...
to hell with her stupid "warped thoughts"...

She should realize that shes got a bigger problem to worry about
She does not plan to kill anyone at all!!!!
Her personality doesn't even measure to that kind of act...

The only logical explanation to all this is that she will have to survive the coming war that will happen in 2 or 3 days and get 100 points...

When she gets 100 points, she states that she will revive Korono...she will not kill him...
Meaning that she will force Korono to leave the Gantz team and become clueless again of not being a Gantz-member...or not being in the Gantz-Room.

Once that is done and he forgets everything, Reika will use this opportunity to confront Korono and make him hers.
When it is time to go back to the Gantz-Room, Reika will hold on to Korono and he will have to follow her to the Gantz-Room...making him part of the Gantz-ters once more...with the same aspect of knowing nothing about Gantz, the details, past conflicts, and its members...

That is her plan....I don't want anyone thinking she will KILL him ever AGAIN!!!!
It's just too stupid to think that way...
Everyone, Think MY WAY and you won't be DISAPPOINTED EVER!!!!! lol

d3vak
December 11, 2008, 08:03 PM
Are you stupid...
She does not plan to kill anyone at all!!!!
Her personality doesn't even measure to that kind of act...

Dude....did I say that she was going to kill Kurono or anyone?...damn!

------------------------------------------------------------

Well I do respect others opinion, and personally I think your prediction sounds good and pretty logical...

..but not as Hiroya would solve Reika's problem.

I still think shes showing a twisted mind. My point was that there are more important things to think about than Reika's love issues...

102jayday
December 11, 2008, 08:30 PM
hey i have a idea and first i dont think she will try to kill kurono.
maybe she should look for the dead kurono body that host samurai cut up and wait for the next mission/katashpere and hold onto the dead body she may get lucky and he is back alive. lol

NumeroUno
December 11, 2008, 09:17 PM
hey i have a idea and first i dont think she will try to kill kurono.
maybe she should look for the dead kurono body that host samurai cut up and wait for the next mission/katashpere and hold onto the dead body she may get lucky and he is back alive. lol

That would be so f*cking funny... LMAO it would be even beter if she shows up in Gantz with Kei's rotting dead body and everyone stares at her :darn... :D

102jayday
December 11, 2008, 09:25 PM
then nishi would say somethnig like hah look at tits shes a corpse fu$$er

Tumerking
December 11, 2008, 09:35 PM
I'm very confused about the things people keep saying Reika will do.

1. killing Kurono and reviving him again: this serves what purpose exactly? She didn't even mention killing him.

2. setting kurono free: Did i miss something? She cleary said revive. Revive means bring back to life,revive. There was no mention what-so-ever of setting kurono free.

She is going to revive him, or at least try. Can somebody please tell me how they came up with the theories i listed above? And give any solid peice of information that support that theory. Not speculation. Evidence. Please, i would really love to hear it.

Kozar927
December 11, 2008, 09:52 PM
i dont think any one said that she wanted to kill him I belive people are mixing up peoples words. If anyone actully predicts thats what shes planning it makes n000 seance at all

102jayday
December 11, 2008, 09:56 PM
yeah she would not kill him, then that means she does not love him.
she knows how to bring people into gantz by force hmm!! maybe when she is being transported she will grab tae and make her in gantz but i dont think reika is evil or would try doing anything bad.
man predictions are so fun when a mission is going on.
god i want to see next chapter! this 1 week wait has been sooo long lol

NumeroUno
December 11, 2008, 10:08 PM
then nishi would say somethnig like hah look at tits shes a corpse fu$$er

Lmao I still haven't figured Nishi out yet.. Nowhere have we seen him showing any interest in women.. Im starting to get worried about him :p..

she knows how to bring people into gantz by force hmm!! maybe when she is being transported she will grab tae and make her in gantz but i dont think reika is evil or would try doing anything bad.

I think we will all be surprised of whatever stunt Reika pulls :darn but yeah it does feels like its been forever since the last chapter.

Lynkobi17
December 11, 2008, 10:11 PM
I don't even know when the next chapter will be released...
In the manga it said this week..
From people, they say next week...
I'm confused..

Dude....did I say that she was going to kill Kurono or anyone?...damn!
I'm not a dude, I'm a dj-gangsta..lol
sorry for callin ya stupid bro..
I was just over-exaggerating....lol

NumeroUno
December 11, 2008, 10:15 PM
I hope it is sometime soon otherwise I might explode..:crying

Amigo!
December 11, 2008, 10:24 PM
gantz is using dead people to kill evil dead spirits that wont pass on to the next world countdown is Armageddon,,,,,lol jk but wouldnt that be a horrible ending.

Uruner
December 12, 2008, 08:02 AM
I don't know if it was mentioned before but i think that Reika will just simply "revive" Kurono without getting him killed or setting him free...

Like Nishi said on beginning of this manga, "humans in gantz room are like fax copies".
And so we will have 2 versions of Kurono... Current one and old version that didn't meet Tae yet.

DanIno
December 12, 2008, 08:31 AM
I like this manga!!!!!!!!!!!!

z_ragnarok
December 12, 2008, 09:04 AM
This is easily one of the best chapters that we've had in a loooooong while (my opinion anyway). This is the stuff that I love gantz for, I don't know how to describe it feels like rage yet satisfactory. Lets just say at the end of round three I felt something I never have before, and I'm starting to feel it again.

In regards to this relationship thing I love Reika, funny part is not even for the boobs and hotness I just like her. I really like this relationship thing going on now as well because it shows how pathetic all three people in the triangle are, even a celebrity...I can't tell you how much I want Kurono to be with Reika, yet I just want Kurono to be happy, but that won't last long. I'm just wondering if this will turn into School days...

Concerning KATASTROPHE, I actually believe its goal is not to kill Gantz members but to make a lot more. Why else would their be factories full of gantz balls? And even Hiroya wouldn't kill off everyone including Kurono who just came back...Speaking of which anyway else really just dissapointed in revived Kurono? Can't quite place it but he just doesn't seem like the same Kurono.
Anyway...bottom line Inaba better die soon, if he and Reika have sex then I'm not reading this series anymore. Sorry about the long rambling, I don't post often.

d3vak
December 12, 2008, 11:32 AM
I don't know if it was mentioned before but i think that Reika will just simply "revive" Kurono without getting him killed or setting him free...

Like Nishi said on beginning of this manga, "humans in gantz room are like fax copies".
And so we will have 2 versions of Kurono... Current one and old version that didn't meet Tae yet.

Yes, that may happen, but I dont think Reika would like, even less love the old Kurono...you know what I mean...that Kurono never had a motivation to come back alive...I mean....at least not to fight as hard as he did since he was dating Tae

That Kurono is whom Reika fell in love with.

So in that case...there would be trouble.

Uruner
December 12, 2008, 02:22 PM
Yes, that may happen, but I dont think Reika would like, even less love the old Kurono...you know what I mean...that Kurono never had a motivation to come back alive...I mean....at least not to fight as hard as he did since he was dating Tae

That Kurono is whom Reika fell in love with.

So in that case...there would be trouble.

You remember "Lara Croft" from budda mission? She fallen for his survival and predator instincts...

I mean old Kurono from that mission also fought with all that motivation to come back alive... maybe he had different reasons but still ... He got busted couse he didn't have any knowledge..... not because he wasn't in love ... With Reika by his side he would quickly catch up.

And it would be awesome to have "Good one" and "Bad one" face each other in the same room.

dariusmg
December 12, 2008, 05:15 PM

SHe will try to grab Kurono for shure ...

Damura
December 12, 2008, 05:16 PM

When you are insane, anything can have new meaning. If in her mind, the end justifies the means, then yeah, she might kill Kurono.

Flare of Ra
December 12, 2008, 06:36 PM
This is easily one of the best chapters that we've had in a loooooong while (my opinion anyway). This is the stuff that I love gantz for, I don't know how to describe it feels like rage yet satisfactory. Lets just say at the end of round three I felt something I never have before, and I'm starting to feel it again.

In regards to this relationship thing I love Reika, funny part is not even for the boobs and hotness I just like her. I really like this relationship thing going on now as well because it shows how pathetic all three people in the triangle are, even a celebrity...I can't tell you how much I want Kurono to be with Reika, yet I just want Kurono to be happy, but that won't last long. I'm just wondering if this will turn into School days...

Concerning KATASTROPHE, I actually believe its goal is not to kill Gantz members but to make a lot more. Why else would their be factories full of gantz balls? And even Hiroya wouldn't kill off everyone including Kurono who just came back...Speaking of which anyway else really just dissapointed in revived Kurono? Can't quite place it but he just doesn't seem like the same Kurono.
Anyway...bottom line Inaba better die soon, if he and Reika have sex then I'm not reading this series anymore. Sorry about the long rambling, I don't post often.

Now wouldn't be something if they were forced to kill humans much like Izumi did for Gantz. Your theory makes alot of since. Even if a few nuclear bombs went off the Gantz balls probably have some sort of technology to shelter its current members from it while inside the room.

And as for the Reika and Inaba as much as I would love to support you on that I already know I wouldn't have the will to stop reading it. I respect you though from one Reika fan to another. You can ask any Tae fan and they'll tell you that she developed Kurono's character so thats more of reason to hate her.

warbandit66
December 12, 2008, 06:58 PM
What the hell? Is 90% of the Gantz community pro Reika or is it just me?

d3vak
December 12, 2008, 07:45 PM
You remember "Lara Croft" from budda mission? She fallen for his survival and predator instincts...

I mean old Kurono from that mission also fought with all that motivation to come back alive... maybe he had different reasons but still ... He got busted couse he didn't have any knowledge..... not because he wasn't in love ... With Reika by his side he would quickly catch up.

Hmm, yeah I guess youre right man

But I still doubt that Reika would like him....Its like a girl who didnt like someone when he was 15, but she does when he is 20.....do ya know what i mean?

The great wall between those 2 Kuronos is called "Maturity"

Tumerking
December 12, 2008, 09:04 PM
Katastrophe theory: all the Gantz players are forced to kill all the humans. Now 10 people (maybe 100 if japan has more gantz teams) killing the millions and millions of people that live in japan seems a little, i dont know, insanely hard doesn't it? Maybe not so much. Think about it. Every person in japan watching these men in black suits blow people up with crazy sci-fi guns. This mission could last for months. Having to eat and sleep knowing that you've killed people, or maybe you just sat around while your team mates killed people. Gantz players can barely handle a few hours of killing. Imagine 3-4 months of it.

Some gantz players would be concerned about their love ones. Most teams would probably be more like the Osaka team and just start slaughtering. The horror, the chaos, the tears, and conflicting emotions. Do i kill to save myself or do i die to save others? If i let myself get killed by the army who will most certainly get involved also, will it make a difference? Will others still slaughter the inocent? If i slaughter the slaughter-ers won't i be just like one of them? It could change the definition of epicness as we know it...and i didn't even mention the vampires.

Flare of Ra
December 12, 2008, 09:32 PM
Its just that this is your classic story of new vers old fans. alot of kids are starting to pick up gantz and are all like "omg this manga hot yah look at the grl with the huge buubs! man yah I LOVE GANTZ theirs naked girls every were" and now their all flooding the forums. People dont seem to remeber the point of gantz or what makes it great everyone just wants to talk about hot girls. Its sad really.

I hope you don't think of me that way. You already know that I feel tae should still be dead. I'm a pro story guy but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the naked girls. I got into Gantz because it was the perfect blend of everything.

Tumerking
December 12, 2008, 09:59 PM
I got into Gantz because it was the perfect blend of everything.

Fighting, sex, aliens, vampires, the best character developement you'll ever find in any manga, book, or movie. So yea, i would say thats perfect.

102jayday
December 12, 2008, 10:08 PM
Its just that this is your classic story of new vers old fans. alot of kids are starting to pick up gantz and are all like "omg this manga hot yah look at the grl with the huge buubs! man yah I LOVE GANTZ theirs naked girls every were" and now their all flooding the forums. People dont seem to remeber the point of gantz or what makes it great everyone just wants to talk about hot girls. Its sad really.

i agree but wait till a mission starts its better then we see some action that gantz shows best. i read a tiny bit of oku bio and he admires huge boobs lmao. so the ecchi nuri i bet oku had soo much fun lol.
and i will be sick if inaba gets reika he does not deserve her and its like a mouse and a snake, remember the snake eats the mouse so thats no good lol.

croissant
December 13, 2008, 01:06 AM

I'm a reika fan but i hope no one thinks im like them new fans too. I was able to read the forums here when ol' george'y was here and his comments were partly the reason i wanted to join. He had really long, crazy but interesting ideas... what happened to that guy?

anyway, back to topic... How bout this for an idea.

The katastrophe will have no time limit. Yeah, that seems a bit too obvious. But what if the mission will be really long. Like days long. Not the usual one night stand that we usually see. Imagine the gantzers sleep deprived and frantic. Like real wars are like. And please... no more boundaries. That would seem pointless now.

Biozombiex
December 13, 2008, 04:00 AM
New Theory : Jumping the Gun .

Ok after reading some of your theories , iv'e deducted what could possibly happen . ( skipping the whole tae reika angle )

Ok what if katastrophe is a Fight among Gantzers . Think about it , a little bit earlier Nishi said something about each country having there own gantz ball and that america won last time right ? what if the previous katastrophe (if there was one ) did it on a smaller scale , but this one is doing it on a massive scale . And what if Its a Fight for Points/lives . for instance what if you have to anhialate the other gantz team / or fight for points . although we know nothing about katashtrophe it should prove quite interesting .

- ok back to my theory on the rules of katastrophe -

Jumping the Gun : rules of katastrophe

*As per Regular status everyone is teleported to there respectable room
-As the mission begins , the inherant boss enemy is not shown
*There is no time limit
- There is no 1 Klm radius Limit (the world is your playground)
*The Gantz ball teleports with the team
-A new option is introduced to the 100 point counter
*A Small area around your teams gantz ball heals your (limbs etc)
-A new Rule is added to The game (gantz wont tell , only through exp)
*More weapons are introduced at start (Bikes,Assault rifles,Hoverboards)

I can't really think of anything else but basically once katastrophe starts
being near your gantz ball is the best possibility of survival , go out kill , come back to your ball get a better weapon , heal , repeat . i dont know i think ill have a dream about this one day , and itll become clearer .

Uruner
December 13, 2008, 05:09 AM
Hmm, yeah I guess youre right man

But I still doubt that Reika would like him....Its like a girl who didnt like someone when he was 15, but she does when he is 20.....do ya know what i mean?

The great wall between those 2 Kuronos is called "Maturity"

I'm sure Reika would notice difference, and it would make her jealous, but i have gut feeling that it would enrage old Kurono widening gap between old one and current one. I think it's the whole point. You have to remember that Reika have no chance of getting current Kurono so she might just settle for the old one.

I guess there is some difference in "Maturity" between the two but Gantz storyline only progressed 11 months since Kurono was introduced... Besides Reika is younger then Kurono. And Oku changed date to his convenience.

Here's some interesting posts explaingng why Reika is younger and about date.

(it's not spoiler it's just long ;p)

Originaly from StopTazmo.

The first chapter containing Reika was released in 2003. She is about 18 based on both the story timeline and real life timeline. the Since then the story only progressed a few month, and 5 years passed in real life.

11 months have passed in Gantz and Reika is supposedly a year/a few months younger than Kurono (This is in the current Gantz timeline in the manual). As for Kurono being 15, I dont think he was when Gantz started as it seems to be a mistranslation, or Oku changed this to fit his story later.

Evidence - Izumi and Kurono were in the same class in high school. When Izumi's name was listed in the dead on tv, it said he was 17. Tae also said before about him being in the last year in high school when the students are 17-18 years old.

11 months have passed so far in the Gantz timeline, with Kurono's birthday past (Tae also mentions this at one point). If Kurono is in his final year in high school as he should be, I believe he is at least 17 (and if not is 18 instead), and so was 16 when Gantz started, remembering that Kato was 17 when Gantz started and the two are supposed to be childhood friends, so it would be months rather than years between them.

Back to the point - if Kurono is 17 now, Reika is at maximum 17 too. 2008 is the date clearly shown in the forum on Nishi's website when Kikuchi messages Sebastian. 2000-2001 was shown on Nishi's page when Izumi and Kikuchi show it to Kurono.
This shows that Oku has changed the year for the Gantz timeline, first from 2000-2001, then 200X-200X+1, and now its currently 2008 for 200X+1.
If Reika's old birth year was '85 when Oku had his year setting as 2001 (when she first appears in the Gantz timeline) that makes her roughly 16 currently.

Damura
December 13, 2008, 07:27 AM
and i will be sick if inaba gets reika he does

Lol, Inaba fails at everything. He's probably going to go after Reika and end up with Takeshi.
[hr]

Ok after reading some of your theories , iv'e deducted what could possibly happen . ( skipping the whole tae reika angle )

Ok what if katastrophe is a Fight among Gantzers . Think about it , a little bit earlier Nishi said something about each country having there own gantz ball and that america won last time right ? what if the previous katastrophe (if there was one ) did it on a smaller scale , but this one is doing it on a massive scale . And what if Its a Fight for Points/lives . for instance what if you have to anhialate the other gantz team / or fight for points . although we know nothing about katashtrophe it should prove quite interesting .

Nishi mentioned what could have been a type of competition between countries and their respective teams, but it seemed more like he and Izumi were talking about comparing strength, skill and weapons, rather than any fighting between the two. Still, it's something to think about. Unless countries are sent to fight each other, there is really no consequence for lagging behind the other countries, as long as Tokyo can handle the aliens.

102jayday
December 13, 2008, 08:35 AM
then kaze would make inaba a basket ball and shoot him through some hoops the gantz suit or without it im sure kaze would trn inaba in a ball if he tries to touch his son/takishi.

- ok back to my theory on the rules of katastrophe -

Jumping the Gun : rules of katastrophe

*As per Regular status everyone is teleported to there respectable room
-As the mission begins , the inherant boss enemy is not shown
*There is no time limit
- There is no 1 Klm radius Limit (the world is your playground)
*The Gantz ball teleports with the team
-A new option is introduced to the 100 point counter
*A Small area around your teams gantz ball heals your (limbs etc)
-A new Rule is added to The game (gantz wont tell , only through exp)
*More weapons are introduced at start (Bikes,Assault rifles,Hoverboards)

I can't really think of anything else but basically once katastrophe starts
being near your gantz ball is the best possibility of survival , go out kill , come back to your ball get a better weapon , heal , repeat . i dont know i think ill have a dream about this one day , and itll become clearer .

i like that theory but need edvidence, when did it say america won last time, when they bought up other nations (train with nishi and izumi the day of his death) they speak about how those nations are strong and they want to prove japan is just as good. but yeh it would be interesting.
kurono, kato and host samurai vs 10 MR.7 reward players what i mean by that is they got oka's big gorrila suit

Damura
December 13, 2008, 09:05 AM
^
It didn't really. It said something about Japan being behind everyone; Germany, America etc

Flare of Ra
December 13, 2008, 12:28 PM
I really don't think it will have anything to do with killing off Ganzter's now. A New Morning Has Come, A Morning Full of Hope remember? I believe this means that when Gantz was first created the creator or creators had the intention of using it to destroy the aliens and give the humans a chance at life. If they had to kill each other then that would be more like the filler ending to Gantz in the anime where Gantz was an evil phycotic machine.

Amnesiac
December 13, 2008, 12:45 PM

I find it ironic that this is coming from someone who's been here for just 4 months.

Join date and post count has no effect on the value of a member's post.

KevinSephiroth
December 13, 2008, 01:27 PM
If they had to kill each other then that would be more like the filler ending to Gantz in the anime where Gantz was an evil phycotic machine.

EXACTLY why Oku won't do that, it's like DBGT was an Anime Studio series. Oku can't do such a crap as to end Gantz (Manga) like the show did ... (Death Note anyone ?)
:p

warbandit66
December 13, 2008, 02:27 PM
I completely agree with you Kozar, although the population of the board has increased significantly the quality of the posts has declined. A couple of pages back there was a post left by a new member simply reading "I love this manga!!!" I mean come one. A comment like that adds nothing at all to the board.

Amnesiac
December 13, 2008, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't say the discussions are becoming of less quality, they're becoming inexistent. This is mainly because we depleted the topics to discuss while waiting for the end of Nuri.

Oku just keeps on stalling.

Kozar927
December 13, 2008, 03:35 PM
^ I also agree with this.

all, the hatred and debate lately have formed just because theirs nothing else to talk about lol
although this last chapter certainly spurred us on a lot lol

Mr.Aaron
December 13, 2008, 05:37 PM
Hey Guys, haven't posted in a while, so I wont be offended if no one seems to remember me. Anyways, I don't really think Reika will survive much longer. (Sorry if this has been discussed to death). Also, it seems like the manga has kind of lost that "anyone can die" feel, so I'm a tad bit angry about that. All in all, this manga is still up there with my favorites.

Does anyone have the same kind of "ehhh" reaction when you saw that the next chapter was going to be about Sakurai?

Flare of Ra
December 13, 2008, 06:22 PM
We just lost Sakata you know. You want the whole team to die again or something?

Amnesiac
December 13, 2008, 07:27 PM
Inaba, Old man, Kaze.

At least one of them will die within the next 5 chapters, I'm betting.

102jayday
December 13, 2008, 08:12 PM
yeh all the pro mangahelpers r not here and they usally were the ones to find new spoilers!!
i am betting one of those 3 will die in 15 chapters.
i bet reika in a mission in pain may seduce kei while begging or crying and kei feels real bad that he kisses her to make her happy and tae walks down the street and shes like omg! kurono is cheating on me and doing cosplay role play with reika! then kurono says no its all a act im on tv! u got to believe...reika is like i will bring kei back ...so tae wont kill herself.

i seriously want to see some action(fighting, not sex!) lol with the vampires, i want them all to lik attack host samurai or show their boss who will appear again in the katashpere

SeaWo|f
December 13, 2008, 08:57 PM
I'm thinking that the reason why gantz went through all of this team building and training over the past 2 years is for what we are coming to now. In these next chapters I think the scale of whats going on may require more than just kei or any other gantzer acting on their own to survive. I hope that when catastrophe hits we get to see a full out war of attrition between the hunters and the aliens.

If each chapter takes a day off the time remaining then we have only a few days left. And we still have not been shown a single thing about osaka and have no idea what the vamps are up to. I would really like to see the focus move onto the vamps since they should know significantly more about whats going on, and it would be nice to see what the other side is all about.

kaliayev
December 13, 2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Guys, haven't posted in a while, so I wont be offended if no one seems to remember me.

heh, nice to see a fellow member of the cult of marmo.

he kisses her to make her happy and tae walks down the street and shes like omg! kurono is cheating on me and doing cosplay role play with reika! then kurono says no its all a act im on tv! u got to believe...reika is like i will bring kei back ...so tae wont kill herself.

i doubt tae is going to be anywhere near the next hunt (oku already played that card). if kei kisses reika and tae finds out, she will discover this in the same way she did last time (through the news). of course, she's forgotten about that little infidelity, though the glaring might be a hint at a subconscious awareness of what happened when they broke up the first time.

@the kill all humans/kill all gantzers theory
this is highly unlikely. if gantz desired a mass purging of humanity, gantz would let the aliens do most of the work for him. if gantz wants to destroy everyone, why the katastrophe counter? he sure as hell wouldn't warn them when he's about to wipe an entire species off the face of the earth. the only possible reason for him to destroy both is if aliens somehow prevent gantz's endgame of destroying humanity (clearly, he hasn't destroyed all the aliens in time for the counter). even so, it would be a better strategy to allow the aliens to eliminate a certain percentage of the human population before starting his hunts. this would establish a fierce animosity between humans and aliens, putting gantz in a better position to recruit nitwits to passionately hunt down said aliens. then, with the aliens out of the way, the conditions necessary for his endgame would be fulfilled. however, this isn't the case so it's far more likely that the hunters are meant to protect humanity from something or witness its fall.

on a related note, given nishi's slight hints that this information is available on the internet, how many teams do you think are aware of the counter (an answer in percentage would probably be best)?

Mr.Aaron
December 13, 2008, 09:22 PM
We just lost Sakata you know. You want the whole team to die again or something?

I didn't say THAT. xD

Sakata's death was just too... expected. I had a precog moment the minute Saka said "if I die, don't bring me back". It wasn't half as epic as Masanobu's death... and his character significance measured way less.

d3vak
December 13, 2008, 11:21 PM

I think his point is that death has lost all its meaning in the storyline...

I do believe that so.

Lets hope this doesnt turn into any class of DBZ where everyone could be revived with the dragonballs lots of times (and its not that I dislike dbz...)

To revive the dead ones....its just monotonous. If someone died, it was just fate.

Masterchief
December 13, 2008, 11:51 PM
I find it funny how no one really cared about sakatas death, even sakurai just forgot about it. @kali i would say less then 15% know about the deathcounter. thats assuming that all gantz rooms actualyl have people who have survived a hunt. lets face it if nishi wasnt in the room at the begging of the series no one wouldve survived the hunt.

Lynkobi17
December 13, 2008, 11:51 PM
I have a feeling that the next chapter will have some love drama as well...or some personal belief/plan..or somthing akin...

we are talking about Tokonsu and Sakurai...these people always deals with some abnormal danger when seen alone out of missions...

I just hope someone remembers to wear their suit...xD

Mr.Aaron
December 14, 2008, 01:56 AM
I wonder if Tonkotsu will be exposed to Gantz...

102jayday
December 14, 2008, 02:54 AM
she reminds me of a younger version of natsu > ryous girl friend, i want to see him join the team and fight against kurono. both had suits on kurono would still win because he is the ace whos trained now.
i like the relationship between cherry and tonsuko, it was a nice scene of her coming to his house when the oni fire demon killed him and when they first met too.
hey a new idea!
3 kuronos! one for tae, one for reika and one for natsu
2 katos one for kishimoto and one for anzu
omg the death thing has gone?! no anzu's death ok that sucked that she died shes the best one for katou they both have nice black hair lol and they r alike with the little kid to look after.
maybe the team will have to fight a copy of themself for training from gantz and reika is like no kurono dont kill that kurono! i want to keep him!
everyone else is like wait reika dont kill the other reika... i think she will be of use to us...reika says piss off u pervents and everyone says sorry it was inaba;s idea and those noobs who entered tonight.
copies can be funny. personally i would like to see 5 izumi's and they r all different but all r evil well one can be good. an they fight kurono.

looks like 2 issues next week since this one never shown up,.,,,,,

Damura
December 14, 2008, 05:40 AM
Hey Guys, haven't posted in a while, so I wont be offended if no one seems to remember me. Anyways, I don't really think Reika will survive much longer. (Sorry if this has been discussed to death). Also, it seems like the manga has kind of lost that "anyone can die" feel, so I'm a tad bit angry about that. All in all, this manga is still up there with my favorites.
I agree, it has lost that "anyone can die" feel. But! There is still some hope! There is still that little chance that all of your favorite characters could be brutally killed off in the chapters to come! Oku realises that the option to have his characters revived at the end of each mission takes away the value of the character's lives. He had that Sakurai(?)'s master say something like that during the Nuri mission or something... Anyway, if he knows it takes away that feeling that anyone can die, there is still a good chance he can change it back. Here's two ways; either the rules change again, taking away that reward, or the level of danger massively increases during the catastrophe. In the last few missions, most of the main cast have been able to work together and survive because of it. If half of them had been killed by Nurarihyon, most of them would be permanently dead anyway.
[hr]

on a related note, given nishi's slight hints that this information is available on the internet, how many teams do you think are aware of the counter (an answer in percentage would probably be best)?

That's a good question... Can't be answered though. We don't even know how many teams exist per country, let alone the entire world. I'm guessing maybe one or two teams per country, but who knows. I wonder how and when contact between teams was first established... how did people track down other teams, specifically in other countries?

croissant
December 14, 2008, 09:21 AM
Do you guys think that the aliens didn't have any idea what and where gantz is before? I just think that the secrecy of gantz was lost more and more as the story went on. You can see it as the rules kept changing and changing. Like when they had to kill Tae. When the gantz members can be seen by normal people. And because gantz lost its secrecy more and more.... could the katastrophe possible be a reaction by gantz that the aliens have finally found where its true "origin" is?

Just think about it. Why is there a sudden need to make a huge amount of new gantz balls? Gantz probably has detected that the aliens have amassed a army for the sole purpose of destroying gantz. They wouldn't have needed this if their home base was hidden and secret. But since their cover is blown they have no choice but get more players.

You gotta say... its all the vamps fault, hehe. They must of found out about gantz. Well, not host samurai.. but maybe his fellow vamps. The vamps are the only aliens i know that have made extensive research about the gantzers.

d3vak
December 14, 2008, 11:38 AM
The vamps are the only aliens i know that have made extensive research about the gantzers.

Is it proved that they are considered as "aliens"?

I think the most important clue weve got is the one which the Nurari gave us during the conversation he had with Katou

-----------------------------------------------------

Back to the Reika issue....Put yourself in the case that you have a copy of the girl you always liked.....but the thing is that she "is not" really the one you liked....do you know what i mean?

Maybe Reika's plan is based on create a copy of Kurono, then try to convince the "1st" Kurono to be with her, and leave the copy for Tae.

kinda confusing but....as many other theories...it could happen.

Tumerking
December 14, 2008, 11:44 AM
Mabye gantz hasn't lost the "anyone can die" feeling. Maybe Oku's preparing another Buddah mission. What if right at the start of the katastrophe almost all the gantzers are killed off by super strong aliens? Then only Kei and Reika are left against a hord of Nuri-strength aliens. Whatever happens i think Oku purposely built up these characters so people could like them, then he's just goiing to kill them all off. Because of all the missions so far the Buddah mission has definetly been the most epic. Oku knows that.

andysocial88
December 14, 2008, 02:28 PM
First Time posting here on MH. Hope you guys enjoy my theory.

The Gantz factory guys screamed evil intent to me. So I think they gantz teams were sent on missions to create hostility between humans and aliens. And they gantz guys are gonna save the world and that's the great power that Nishi was talking about. And so far the tokyo guys seem to have the highest moral guidance compared to the Osaka team. So I'm assuming the rest of the gantz teams around the world are probably the same or worse. So I figure that the tokyo team is gonna go rogue and the finale is going to be what's left of the Tokyo team probably kurono and kato to take down the main gantz system. To completely free the world.

Mr.Aaron
December 14, 2008, 04:41 PM
Interesting. Based on the previous events of the manga, I kind of assumed that some of the aliens were forced to fight against their will. Bhudda mission is my refrence for that.

warbandit66
December 14, 2008, 05:03 PM
What I'm waiting for now is for Hajime Muroto to show up. Since Gantz seems to be stepping into filler territory with the appearance of Ryou who may aswell have had the word filler stamped across his forehead.

d3vak
December 14, 2008, 05:17 PM
What I'm waiting for now is for Hajime Muroto to show up.

Hajime Muroto?? The serial killer from the anime?

Nahh... I think (and hope) he wont appear never in the manga...his existence was just the product of a rushed way to conclude the series...

and it was the worst way.

Hiroya can create much better characters than Muroto and the other sick man

warbandit66
December 14, 2008, 05:26 PM
Oh no don't get me wrong I think Hajime and his partner in crime where great characters and I think it would be awesome if they where to appear in the manga. Oku could flesh them out really well.

Mr.Aaron
December 14, 2008, 06:38 PM
I didn't like Muroto or any of the filler characters. They were like cheap knock offs of the regular Tokyo team, accept without mighty morphing breasts, and more fat, IMO. >: B

Tumerking
December 14, 2008, 08:16 PM
...couldn't history repeat itself? We would get a brand new cast of characters...
By the way has there ever been a discussion on the chapter count? I mean the way how hes been using 4 digits since the beggining and continues to do so. 0001 and 0286 for examples.

No tvshow or manga that i know of has ever pulled that off at all. It always ends in imediate failer and is painfull to watch/read. What would be cool is if there was a time gap like Naruto to Naruto Shippuuden. It could be like 1-5 years after katastrophe with an older even more bad ass Kurono. I know its hard to imagine a more bad ass Kurono, but just for the sake of the idea roll with it.

Entirely new cast = super suckville world full of piss

Time gap= Potential for awsomeness

Damura
December 14, 2008, 11:22 PM
What I'm waiting for now is for Hajime Muroto to show up. Since Gantz seems to be stepping into filler territory with the appearance of Ryou who may aswell have had the word filler stamped across his forehead.

"Filler" content is a term used only in anime. It is usually created because the anime is catching up to the manga and the producers need some new content to keep fans occupied while the manga gets ahead. Ryou is there for Kei's character development, and could likely become a Gantzer very soon.
[hr]

No tvshow or manga that i know of has ever pulled that off at all. It always ends in imediate failer and is painfull to watch/read. What would be cool is if there was a time gap like Naruto to Naruto Shippuuden. It could be like 1-5 years after katastrophe with an older even more bad ass Kurono. I know its hard to imagine a more bad ass Kurono, but just for the sake of the idea roll with it.

Entirely new cast = super suckville world full of piss

Time gap= Potential for awsomeness

Sounds like a good idea... could be set in Tokyo after it is completely fucked up by Katastrophe, some unspecified time later. It would be interesting to see who would survive the time gap. Inaba would probably survive somehow, of course.....

Vancyer
December 14, 2008, 11:57 PM
ofcourse inaba would survive.... its a certainty... he is like a cockroach..

but i've actually quite warmed up to him.

i mean, you might flame me for this, but give the guy a chance....

he is pretty funny to see trying

NumeroUno
December 15, 2008, 01:11 AM
you might flame me for this

You guessed right :mad lol J/k
but seriously Inaba needs to die.. I hate him with passion and I got a feeling hes going to die in the coming chapters.. :p

If he doesn't die he will most likely get raped by an alien again :s

http://manga1.mangahut.com/o/G/Gantz/Gantz%20199/199-04.jpg

Kozar927
December 15, 2008, 01:26 AM
I dissagre tumerking I want to see a whole new cast It would be epic and make me like gantz as much as the day I started reading it. Dont get me wrong ill read gantz untill the end but its no were near as good a manga as it used to be and I feel a total cleansing would bring this feeling back

Damura
December 15, 2008, 02:17 AM
ofcourse inaba would survive.... its a certainty... he is like a cockroach..

but i've actually quite warmed up to him.

i mean, you might flame me for this, but give the guy a chance....

he is pretty funny to see trying

Lol, I like watching him try - and fail - too. What annoys me about him though is that he is always switching sides... He'll "help" the team when it suits him, but he will just as quickly stab them in the back... He ditched them during the mission against Tae, he keeps trying to take over control of the team, he ran off at the first sign of trouble during the Nuri mission ( and got his arms and legs torn off for it :) ), and he called Kurono a "high school punk"!!