PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Reversed "I'm a fan" Pictures

Yarias
November 22, 2008, 08:03 PM
In my opinion, the pictures are reversed here:

http://www.yarias.com/temp/fma.png

I am totally a fan of FMA, but it says I'm not :( </sarcasm>

It might make more sense to have the correct picture display, and then have a little link below the picture which says something like "subscribe as fan" or "unsubscribe as fan".

Or maybe on rollover the graphic changes to the opposite, and when you click it updates in the DB.

◆ T.D.A ◆
November 22, 2008, 08:17 PM
It doesn't say you're not a fan, it's just the name of the button, telling you that if you press the button, you'll be saying you're not a fan. However I understand what you're saying, it can be confusing. Maybe it would be better to have an image saying I am a fan, and underneath have "Change image/Not a fan" and vice versa, maybe that might work. :_

Yarias
November 22, 2008, 08:26 PM
Sorry, the line about it saying I wasn't a fan was sarcasm. I understand that it is a button, it is just unintuitive.

I've never really liked the way music players handle play/pause in this way either. Although, at least in that case it is fairly obvious if the music is playing or not, as there are other indicators (sound coming out of speakers, time elapsed incrementing, etc). Here, there really isn't any other indicator.

bax
November 22, 2008, 08:53 PM
Yes, we're making a new set of buttons for it atm :)

I'll be something like "Add to favorites" instead of "I'm a fan"... and the same for the other one.

Yarias
November 22, 2008, 10:24 PM
Sounds reasonable. :amuse