PDA

View Full Version : Why Zoro Wears a White Shirt and a Bandana: A Theory

RicardoKloss
November 25, 2008, 07:09 AM
hmmm I was reading my early mangas of wan pisu;) when it's shown the flash back of zoro and kuina... there i've came to realize that the white shirt zoro now wears is just the same kuina was dressed... also he promissed that he would be the best swordsman for her and him, which to me implies that wado ichimonji, the white shirt and the black bandanna(which is like making his 'hair ' the same color as kuina, or is made from her shorts? 0.õ??) is to somewhat make that promisse true, like strenthening the bond or sorta.
So had you guy realized sorta?

Fox666
November 25, 2008, 01:27 PM
Not exactly the same shirt: http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8831/onepiece0031024x768du5.jpg

Goji
November 25, 2008, 06:03 PM
Well, it's close enough! :p
I'd like to believe Zoro does these things to honour/remember Kuina in a way. It could also just be a coïncidence, but I'd love to give Oda the credit for deliberately thinking about these things. It's just a beautiful thought. ^^

Nice find Ricardo, didn't make the connection with Kuina before! Btw, welcome to the forums! :thumbs

Epikhigh
November 25, 2008, 06:21 PM
and the black bandanna(which is like making his 'hair ' the same color as kuina, or is made from her shorts? 0.õ??)

His bandanna made from her shorts? LOLL :D

That would be funnyyy!

I like your idea too though :)

bittman
November 25, 2008, 06:37 PM
Oh man, I wonder how long it is until someone links Sanji's black clothes to his hidden emo...

Goji
November 25, 2008, 07:08 PM
Hah, yeah, I always found that while wearing his black clothes Sanji looked more like a butler than a cook... :P An emo butler, lol, fits right into the crew... O_o

RicardoKloss
November 26, 2008, 07:33 AM
Well, it's close enough! :p
I'd like to believe Zoro does these things to honour/remember Kuina in a way. It could also just be a coïncidence, but I'd love to give Oda the credit for deliberately thinking about these things. It's just a beautiful thought. ^^

Nice find Ricardo, didn't make the connection with Kuina before! Btw, welcome to the forums! :thumbs
Thanks for your welcome^^

@Ilovefoxes: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/5/10/ kuina's

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/5/21/ zoro's

@all: do you know which Oda said is the sound of zoro's name? zoro(with the r as in renji, or red) or zolo?

Maaaaaan you should see the brazilian translation of Zoros lines... it have nothing of his ossan spirit¬¬ he speaks so informally T^T

Goji
November 26, 2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks for your welcome^^
No problem. :p

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/5/21/ zoro's
Wrong image, you probably mean this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/5/20/) for zoro's right? ;)

@all: do you know which Oda said is the sound of zoro's name? zoro(with the r as in renji, or red) or zolo?
When you pronounce it like the japanese it can be both. heh... >_<

RicardoKloss
November 26, 2008, 05:35 PM
No problem. :p

Wrong image, you probably mean this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/5/20/) for zoro's right? ;)

When you pronounce it like the japanese it can be both. heh... >_<

You're right your pic is the right one, also since it can be both is where my doubt lies 8p also does it have a meaning or history. Aside from the surnames i don't know any meaning in their names... I thought that maybe from the names we could indicate the suposed location they each would came from our world map. For example i would say robin is fit to be an italian or greek, that region, cause Tucidides(the english name should sound like this, this is the portuguese one) is the father of history, and also the part she was most "active" is water 7 who tend to seems like venice. Zoro would be japanese due to shimotsuki and hi ossan way, but i don't think he look
like one. Sanji french, by the names of his moves. Nami i would say she came from the newest world( australia/Oceania). and so on, though i doubt Oda does had this kind of thinking 8p at least no too deep in this 8p

Goji
November 26, 2008, 06:53 PM
I do know Oda created some One Piece pirates (names) after real life examples, but I don't know if he goes that far for his main characters.

Would find it a little far fetched, and it also wouldn't be fun anymore. One of the great things about One Piece is that it's a completely different universe than ours. Luffy is from East Blue and not from Mexico or whatever other place on our earth. This also goes for the rest of the crew. That's part of it's appeal. Hope you get what I'm trying to say. xD

Sometimes you just musn't look too deep into these things. ^^

But yah... I do agree that Sanji has something of a french cook, and Robin indeed does look like she's from Greece, and Zoro indeed has some japanese-style, etc.
Still doesn't mean Oda plans them to have connections with real world regions, at least not for all of them. Well, that's just my take on the whole thing. Heh. :P

Kaiser Will
November 26, 2008, 09:17 PM
Wow, you really push yourself to do a link between Zoro and Kuina, although for me the only thing Zoro considers an inheritence from Kuina is her sword that he asked his sensei to take care of it and be the best swordman using her sword, therefore, making Kuina the best in a indirect way!

RicardoKloss
November 27, 2008, 03:13 PM
I do know Oda created some One Piece pirates (names) after real life examples, but I don't know if he goes that far for his main characters.

Would find it a little far fetched, and it also wouldn't be fun anymore. One of the great things about One Piece is that it's a completely different universe than ours. Luffy is from East Blue and not from Mexico or whatever other place on our earth. This also goes for the rest of the crew. That's part of it's appeal. Hope you get what I'm trying to say. xD

Sometimes you just musn't look too deep into these things. ^^

But yah... I do agree that Sanji has something of a french cook, and Robin indeed does look like she's from Greece, and Zoro indeed has some japanese-style, etc.
Still doesn't mean Oda plans them to have connections with real world regions, at least not for all of them. Well, that's just my take on the whole thing. Heh. :P

I understand you perfectly 8p But you see, for the sake of escapism it's great to try and achieve associating somethings with our relatively boring world 8p and also since I believe we are not able to just create something from nothing( in archaich portuguese there is a word to create from nothing and to create by inspiration of something else, "crear" and "criar" respectively) so it will have some traits. But it really is a whole diferent world with some 'coincidences' 8p, which makes me happy , my line of thinking is: there is hope, after all there is simillarities 8p. Do you got what I tried to say ?

Goji
November 27, 2008, 03:37 PM
haha, well, I think I do. xD
Don't go too deep though~ ^_^

Kaiser Will
November 27, 2008, 04:49 PM
Ricardo as you can see I'm a portuguese speaker and I never see "crear"!

Shurou
November 27, 2008, 09:12 PM
His bandanna made from her shorts? LOLL :D

That would be funnyyy!

I like your idea too though :)

Zoro's bandana from Kuina's shorts would be the ultimate fetish manifestation, IMO LOLOL

RicardoKloss
November 28, 2008, 07:56 AM
Ricardo as you can see I'm a portuguese speaker and I never see "crear"!

... As I said it IS an archaic word... but who taught me it was a portuguese teacher i once had 8p he gave an class which he used it ... try searching deeper maybe youll find something if you're that interested my dear.