PDA

View Full Version : Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kaiten
June 17, 2009, 07:58 PM
Second Week Tankobon Sales (this week/total sales):

1. One Piece volume 54 (279,275/1,450,417 copies)
2. Bleach volume 39 (135,027/667,580)
4. D. Gray man volume 18 (91,132/391,762)
6. Bakuman volume 3 (67,541/267,910)
13. To Love Ru volume 14 (42,648/148,855)
15. Nurarihyon no Mago 5 (38,248/134,132)
27. Sket Dance volume 8 (22,301/79,843)

Koshi_Inaba
June 17, 2009, 08:18 PM
Mago almost as high as ToRa is good. A little side question, what's the sales of the first five volume of D.Gray-man?

Rejuvenation
June 17, 2009, 08:29 PM
Good sales for everything but Sket Dance. By Jump standards anyway. If it does get an anime, hopefully it can be boosted past the 100K tank mark.

I call it a case of people realising it's not actually that good. but that's just my opinion

I back your opinion. The only high point I've felt for the series was the first Generation of Miracles opponent. Everything else since then has been on the bland side. Everything leading up to that point wasn't all that impressive either.

The characters are just really weak overall. The action is average at best.

Kaiten
June 17, 2009, 08:47 PM
Kuroko began as garbage and will end as garbage. Robotic, emotionless, color by numbers, generic sports comic. I can think of a limitless number of better sports series past, present, and future. The art sucks too. Besides that, it's not so bad.

Skets sales definitely improved over past volumes. It may (key word) crack 100,000 copies in a few more weeks. Mago keeps improving slightly. Next volume will probably pass ToRa.

Finestela
June 17, 2009, 11:48 PM
Kaiten... Mago will not pass TLR anytime soon... you know why?
Because that tally does not include the limited edition that comes with the OVA DVD :p

Kaiten
June 18, 2009, 01:09 AM
Kaiten... Mago will not pass TLR anytime soon... you know why?
Because that tally does not include the limited edition that comes with the OVA DVD :p

And how much have those boosted sales now ;)

Then again they do cost a lot more money.

Dofla
June 18, 2009, 01:43 AM
Jump #30 (06/22):

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9185/89744118.th.jpg (http://img31.imageshack.us/my.php?image=89744118.jpg)http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2210/75747545.th.jpg (http://img197.imageshack.us/my.php?image=75747545.jpg)http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6540/21723213.th.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/my.php?image=21723213.jpg)

Thanks to Emporio for the scans.

kewl0210
June 18, 2009, 01:47 AM
Seems Gintama has a character poll result? Cool...

It's nice to see those TOC and read the contents once in a while. Some authors talking about their animes and stuff...

Xadyu
June 18, 2009, 02:10 AM
Ultimate Chaser. A racing manga, huh.

Never seen one of those before, are there RAWs out yet?

pandaaqueen
June 18, 2009, 03:51 AM
4. D. Gray man volume 18 (91,132/391,762)

Ouch! Is it just me, or are these sales figures quite bad?

D.Gray-man actually used to sell more, if I recall correctly.

Finestela
June 18, 2009, 06:36 AM
And how much have those boosted sales now ;)

Then again they do cost a lot more money.

A 30k chunck still makes some difference :p

Bomber D Rufi
June 18, 2009, 07:24 AM
Seems Gintama has a character poll result? Cool...

It's nice to see those TOC and read the contents once in a while. Some authors talking about their animes and stuff...

Not only does Gintama have the results of it's poll, but the spoilers seem to indicate that the lesson is about how some characters aren't too happy with their ranking, and plan on usurping the rankings from more popular characters. So Sorachi's actually taken the poll and used it in the series cannon. Do we need any more proof of his epicness? Do we? I think not.

Kaiten
June 18, 2009, 10:18 AM
Ouch! Is it just me, or are these sales figures quite bad?

D.Gray-man actually used to sell more, if I recall correctly.

No it's just you. DGM 18 is selling as well as ever. I'm not sure where your getting this from <_<

Do we need any more proof of his epicness? Do we? I think not.

Hata beat him to it.

A 30k chunck still makes some difference :p

Not sure, I can't count that high :p

pandaaqueen
June 18, 2009, 10:30 AM
D.Gray-man volume 17 sold about 440,000 copies after week 2. :-O

So the most recent volume isn't doing as well as its predecessor.

andrewsungchehau
June 18, 2009, 10:54 AM
D.Gray-man volume 17 sold about 440,000 copies after week 2. :-O

So the most recent volume isn't doing as well as its predecessor.

But it's almost 400,000 copies so its still quite good, although not as good as vol 17 IMO.
We'll just wait and see how the next 2 weeks sales results.

pandaaqueen
June 18, 2009, 11:15 AM
If I were an author/artist, however, I'd be quite negatively surprised after learning that my latest volume has sold circa 50,000 issues less. X'D; That's just me, though!

Bomber D Rufi
June 18, 2009, 11:18 AM
Hata beat him to it.

Yeah but Sorachi's been kind of mentioning the polls in Gintama before this. Besides, the lesson title seems to outright say what he thinks of Character polling.

二百六十五訓 人気投票なんか糞くらえ
Lesson 265: Things like Character polls are bullshit.

I'm not sure If I'm reading things correctly, but I even think that he's (Sorachi) involved in the lesson somehow. (As in, he plays a major role himself, probably the first time he does in Gintama?) :-P Guess we'll see on Friday.

Finestela
June 18, 2009, 01:09 PM
Boo @ story spoilers :p (I'm just teasing, but some people here might not want to know about stories that's in the upcoming chapter :))

[hr]

Regarding DGM's latest sales... Let's not jump into conclusions that fast ;)
I mean for a semi-long running series like this, until it goes the way of Negima, which actually lost about 100k copies per volume since its peak (while Hayate stayed about the same), it's not something to freak out just because one tank volume sold less.

Bomber D Rufi
June 18, 2009, 01:37 PM
Boo @ story spoilers :p (I'm just teasing, but some people here might not want to know about stories that's in the upcoming chapter :))

<hr noshade size="1">

I mean for a semi-long running series like this, until it goes the way of Negima, which actually lost about 100k copies per volume since its peak (while Hayate stayed about the same), it's not something to freak out just because one tank volume sold less.

Ah sorry ^^;;; It's just that Gintama's so dead outside of my translations that I figured no one would really mind if I talked about the spoilers I found. If anyone is bothered by them I'll gladly take them down.

Symbolic Zero
June 18, 2009, 01:51 PM

Agree :amuse

even last Bleach vol didn't sale as usual...

StrangerAtaru
June 18, 2009, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Chaser. A racing manga, huh.

Never seen one of those before, are there RAWs out yet?

Jumpwise there is "Circuit no Ookami"...there is probably "Yoroshiku Mechadoc" but that was probably just about cars. And of course there are other series out there like Initial D or My Favorite Carerra and such.

(heh...yeah, my thousandth post is about Jump history...)

Finestela
June 18, 2009, 02:42 PM
Ah sorry ^^;;; It's just that Gintama's so dead outside of my translations that I figured no one would really mind if I talked about the spoilers I found. If anyone is bothered by them I'll gladly take them down.

Tagging it would be enough :p
I personally don't mind about it actually, but someone else might ;)

pandaaqueen
June 18, 2009, 03:40 PM

I'd never freak out because of something like that. :lmao! Actually, I've already stopped reading it for quite some time now. I'm incredibly unpatient, so waiting months for a new chapter is just horrible for me. I guess I'll never start reading it again, nevertheless, Hoshino-sensei is a great person and I don't really want her to be unsuccessful.

Those super duper long breaks are just somewhat risky. There are more than enough people who would stop reading a manga because they can't stand such hiatuses. And this would certainly affect the sales figures for the respective Tankōbons. ;'/

Anyway! You're right! Let's just wait and see :-D

SameOld
June 18, 2009, 05:18 PM
Is there any info on last week's one-shot (Kuromitsu-sama something)? It seemed interesting from the preview pics that came out just before JG1 started, but so far there hasn't even been raws of it. That sucks, cause Yotsuya was actually quite good and made me want to take a peek at the other one-shots...

Finestela
June 19, 2009, 09:06 AM
Back to the popularity poll. It's actually fairly common for gag manga series to devote a chapter on it. As mentioned, Hayate did that several times (and multiple chapters for the latest one, even). Also, Yuusha-gaku did one as well, and the author even went so far as making a unique format (not just the favorite character poll, but also least favorite character poll, and then subtract away the latter from the former).

Taizou did that as well when the poll result came out... I still remember JoJo's author Araki-sensei won 11th place, while Kujou Joutarou won 9th... rofl... :D:D
[hr]

Is there any info on last week's one-shot (Kuromitsu-sama something)? It seemed interesting from the preview pics that came out just before JG1 started, but so far there hasn't even been raws of it. That sucks, cause Yotsuya was actually quite good and made me want to take a peek at the other one-shots...

SameOld... you can always PM the two WSJ scanners we have (Heiji and Vic) and ask if they're willing to scan the 1-shot you're interested :)

Although they could be too busy to do it (the 1-shots are, for the most part, 50 pages, and could take up to 1 hour to scan), but there's no harm asking ;)

Kaiten
June 19, 2009, 10:14 AM

Does this mean I need to get back to work ^^

Fortunately, I'll make my return for chapters with massive amounts of dialog and redraws ;) I'll start with chapter 265, when raws come out, and back track to 263/264 next week. Apparantly Gintama and I were made for each other. Just not in that way.

kewl0210
June 19, 2009, 01:05 PM
One thing I thought I'd mention. Nobody scanned last week's chapter of Inumaru Dashi. I guess they don't care about it much, didn't keep up with doing the gag manga chapters, whoever was doing that.
But I would like to eventually do those so if somebody knows someone who scans in raws, ask them to. 41 would be that one, and 42 is this weeks.

Course I gotta finish some other stuff first before I attempt any of that. Even if the chapters are only 10 pages. And ya know, no one reads it...

Negative Syndicate
June 19, 2009, 09:51 PM
Does anyone knows when the other series in raw will be upload?

kewl0210
June 19, 2009, 10:22 PM
Apparantly the deliveries of Shonen Jump are being delayed due to swine flu... according to Vassili. Or something...
This is since a few weeks ago, so tomorrow.

Finestela
June 20, 2009, 12:48 AM
Does anyone knows when the other series in raw will be upload?

Vic already got his magazine, but because he's working late today, so...
He won't upload the other series until tomorrow.

Maxy Barnard
June 20, 2009, 04:09 AM
Back to the popularity poll. It's actually fairly common for gag manga series to devote a chapter on it. As mentioned, Hayate did that several times (and multiple chapters for the latest one, even). Also, Yuusha-gaku did one as well, and the author even went so far as making a unique format (not just the favorite character poll, but also least favorite character poll, and then subtract away the latter from the former).

Taizou did that as well when the poll result came out... I still remember JoJo's author Araki-sensei won 11th place, while Kujou Joutarou won 9th... rofl... :D:D
<hr noshade size="1">

SameOld... you can always PM the two WSJ scanners we have (Heiji and Vic) and ask if they're willing to scan the 1-shot you're interested :)

Although they could be too busy to do it (the 1-shots are, for the most part, 50 pages, and could take up to 1 hour to scan), but there's no harm asking ;)
Taizo's popularity poll was brilliant, but then most of Amon Dai's material in that series was awesome whenever Jojo-related stuff got involved

Finestela
June 20, 2009, 08:36 AM
Taizo's popularity poll was brilliant, but then most of Amon Dai's material in that series was awesome whenever Jojo-related stuff got involved

I'm mixed on this actually... Don't get me wrong, I love all of Taizo's jokes, whether it's the JoJo stuff or of other series. However, I think it was also its downfall with too many JoJo references >_<"

However, Taizo would always be one of the best gag series on my personal list. I still get a good laugh whenever I read it :p Especially when you see scenes from manga you're familar with (Neuro, Bleach, OP, Naruto, JoJo, DeathNote, ToLoveRu... XD)

Negative Syndicate
June 20, 2009, 05:18 PM
Does anyone knows when Kuroko and Hoop will be release in raw?

Zokaro
June 20, 2009, 05:21 PM
I think you should be a bit patient, it seems a lot of the manga raws have been delayed this week.

Maxy Barnard
June 20, 2009, 05:47 PM
I'm mixed on this actually... Don't get me wrong, I love all of Taizo's jokes, whether it's the JoJo stuff or of other series. However, I think it was also its downfall with too many JoJo references >_<"

However, Taizo would always be one of the best gag series on my personal list. I still get a good laugh whenever I read it :p Especially when you see scenes from manga you're familar with (Neuro, Bleach, OP, Naruto, JoJo, DeathNote, ToLoveRu... XD)

true, it did rely pretty heavily on the jojo stuff. damn you and your fair counterpoints!

Finestela
June 20, 2009, 06:16 PM
Does anyone knows when Kuroko and Hoop will be release in raw?

Vic ([Ju-Ni]Vicissitude (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/member.php?u=47634)) is probably still sleeping (he works late nights)... but if you PM and ask him politely, I'm sure he wouldn't mind letting you know when to expect the raws ;)
[hr]

true, it did rely pretty heavily on the jojo stuff. damn you and your fair counterpoints!

lol Noodles :p

But still... it's a shame that Taizo ended like that :scry
The author mentioned in Vol.08 that he tried to ask if he could continue it over at SQ, but was "politely" turned down. He also tried to ask it to be revived in WSJ as a 7 page series, to no avail.

Anyway, while I had negative opinions about it in the beginning, I'm glad that Inumaru is doing well as it is right now. For too long, gag series has suffered... how many 1 year series have we burned through? Not to mention the shortest series in WSJ history happened to a gag series (Chagecha) :(:(

Tru_TO
June 20, 2009, 08:42 PM
i got a question, its about ur personal opinion tho.
Do pplz on this thread like love OP to death that they think its the best manga ever? Cuz alot of fanboys and girls thinks that and it sometimes pisses me off. They also flame Bleach and Naruto that they make them look like the worst shonen manga ever. So what do you think?

[Cross]
June 20, 2009, 08:57 PM
One Piece is a good manga, but I doubt people here are fanboys and girls to that extent. People here also see the flaws and plus sides to Bleach and Naruto...it's refreshing to those fanboy driven threads that you are speaking of.

Finestela
June 20, 2009, 09:06 PM
Do pplz on this thread like love OP to death that they think its the best manga ever? Cuz alot of fanboys and girls thinks that and it sometimes pisses me off. They also flame Bleach and Naruto that they make them look like the worst shonen manga ever. So what do you think?

lol... I didn't even list OP as my personal wish list for top 5... :p
I'd say most people here enjoys OP, but they aren't really at the level of fanatic, foam-in-mouth fanboys/girls that you're describing ;)

Not to mention many here seem to enjoy (at least at some point) all three of them, instead of "OP (or Naruto or Bleach) is GOD!! EVERYTHING ELSE IS GARBAGE!" mentality. :p

Elyon A. Luna
June 20, 2009, 09:16 PM

One Piece, Bleach and Naruto are the top three Jump manga at the moment, they are which could be called "Jump-esque" They all hold the themes of friendship, courage, fights and dreams (well, Bleach not so much in the last one)

One Piece and Naruto began as standard shonen series, of a hero with a dream, that goes onto meeting/looking for allies and getting stronger in order to realize his dream. Bleach begins differently, but in time turns into the same type of series.

The crushing point is this: As time passed, Kishimoto and Kubo began failing to establish a consistent developing scheme for the series and its characters to evolve.

This has been patent in Naruto post-time skip and moreso in Bleach's Fake Karakura Town Arc.

The villains, which should be the driving force for a effective plot construction, are used as little more than a punch bag for the heroes to develop powers than in some cases are astonishingly unbelievable, even in a shonen manga. Thus one wonders what is the purpose of everything that is happening. This happens moreso in Bleach, where actually has nothing more going for it that pointlessly looooong battles. In character development, Bleach stands poorly.

Naruto is not that bad, it's pretty interesting now, but things like Akatsuki being stomped on like flies while their opponent gets as much as a scratch, or level the biggest ninja village only for bring everyone back to live leave too much to wish for.

Now, for One Piece. ¿Why does One Piece work? ¿Why is it, not only one of the favorites in this forum, but the consistently top 1 in tankobon sales and TOC charts?

Many people dislikes OP for its not so much attractive, many times freakish character designs and so much freakish use of humor, with the most easy of humor going for it. But also Oda knows how to weave his story. Like a true narrator, he establishes the general line for his world, and characters.He does not have everything prepared beforehand, but he knows where is he going, how will he get there, and how to handle his characters so as to not get them overwhemingly powerful (and when he does, like recently, is not for "So is now my turn to get UBER and pwn you", but has other solutions to it) neither to make them for be moved with a pinky (When he did it, it was in order to make a point)

So One Piece is not the perfect series, but it doesn't lose to itself. That's it.

-------

I read the three religiously each week, though yes, I favor OP of the three.

P.S. 1 Sorry for the long post, I'm all for it when I'm talking about a topic that I have a special interest into.
P.S. 2 People doesn't like me much, I'm a jerk :darn
P.S. 3 The one over OP is Kyoukai no Rinne. All hail Takahashi!

Rejuvenation
June 20, 2009, 09:30 PM

One Piece isn't the best manga ever. Do many see it as better than Naruto and Bleach as a whole? Yes, many do. But that has more to do with the fact that One Piece consistently stays at an above average quality more often than not. And when it is bad, it is normally only because it might drag at certain points (Skypiea or Thriller Bark for many) and not because it becomes unbearable to read certain plot elements. (See Bleach's Hueco Mundo arc or the various disappointments in Naruto Part 2.)

Is One Piece perfect? Of course not. But the last and only arc I ever remember really hating in the series was Drum Island. And that was MANY years ago. But there are still plenty that hate it just as much if not more for their own reasons ranging from art style to the way the story progresses from island to island.

Mr. Prince
June 20, 2009, 09:59 PM
Did I just read "One Piece"? *starts foaming from his mouth*
Nah, just kidding...

Personally, I dig One Piece since it's just long-time entertainment and IMO it's doing what it wants and tries to be on a very high level. : )
I would never claim it "BEST MANGA EVA!111", yet I see it as one of the best titles from JUMP...

Elyon A. Luna
June 20, 2009, 10:17 PM
Did I just read "One Piece"? *starts foaming from his mouth*
Nah, just kidding...

I was just gonna recommend you a good vet, heh.

Onomatopoeia
June 20, 2009, 10:48 PM

You're more likely to find those sort of people in Bleach and Naruto actually. I've been on another board where this was blatantly obvious.

In general those sort of people don't appear on this board though. You'll notice that when you look at all three boards.

As for me? OP is probably my 4th favorite manga out their. Not sure if that makes me blatantly fanboyish or not.

Imitorar
June 20, 2009, 11:57 PM
I maintain that One Piece is good enough to qualify as a work of fine literature. Plenty of others started as pulp stories for children, and now they're over-analyzed by stuffy university professors. And I certainly think that One Piece has the quality for that. In many ways, the series is a true masterpiece of story telling. And I think that it really is the pinnacle of action/adventure shonen. I don't think that that genre has anything to offer that's better than One Piece.

That said, Naruto and Bleach are FAR from the worst shonen ever. Naruto especially. It squandered whatever chance it had at true greatness 7 or 8 years ago, and it's been positively dreadful at times, but overall, I would say that it is "good". At the very least, "decent". It's standard action/adventure shonen stuff, with some attempts to be more that don't get off the ground, and it suffers from very poor execution and characterization. But there have been many worse series', if you're talking about EVERYTHING between Astro Boy/Mighty Atom and now.

Bleach, on the other hand... fails as a story. It was fine until after Soul Society. It was even GOOD until then. It suffered from some problems of originality and at times some pacing, but Kubo was able to hold it together and tell a decent story. But since volume 21, the series has been steadily devolving. It hit bottom around the Hueco Muendo arc, and it's stayed there for about 2.5 years. There are no hints of characterization or development anymore. Just long, drawn out fights that suffer from the worst of shonen cliches and conventions being drawn out to the point where they are maddening. Shonen cliches have their place in any action shonen manga, but they MUST be executed properly for the manga to be good, and Kubo has failed at that since Soul Society. The current arc of Bleach IS among the worst that shonen has to offer, but the entire series isn't. If Kubu could some how go back to working the way he did about 4 or 5 years ago, the series could actually become good again. As it is now, I honestly think that Bleach is not worth the paper that it's printed on.

Kaiten
June 21, 2009, 01:04 AM
One Piece works so well due to Oda creating such a detailed world, wonderfully original characters, intelligent writing, and fun. Unlike most long running series OP has improved over time; the world he creates gets deeper and more detailed where other series switch to auto pilot. One Piece and Full Metal Alchemist are the cream of the modern action crop. Nothing against Naruto, it's a really enjoyable series. It's one of the series I look forward to most each week. Naruto has it's weak moments though, and drags in places. Bleach has lost most of my good will. It was never an original series, but Kubo managed to add a lot of great dialog, interesting characters, and cool abilities, making it a bit more then your average tournament shonen. Since the end of Hueco Mundo he seems to have dropped all dialog and attitude in favor of near silent fighting punctuated by the occasional cliche. I have read worse, a lot worse, but Bleach has really let me down. The Bleach thread at Freelance used to be one of the liveliest topics, it's been reduced to mostly "that was kind of cool" comments.

I'm willing to over look a few rough action series as Jump seems stronger then at any time of been following (granted, only two years). There's more variety, more series showing signs of life, and fewer cancellations then the last few years.

Maxy Barnard
June 21, 2009, 02:48 AM

don't worry, the worst shonen manga ever is probably shiritsu poseidon gakuen or whatnot.

HOWEVER, I think it's safe to say most people here at least prefer one piece to bleach by a large margin (not sure about naruto that can change week to week)

also you don't have to be a fanboy to think it's the best manga ever. that's ignorant and invalidates your frustrations.

Besides we all know the best manga ever is Space Adventure Cobra and anyone who says otherwise is a LIAR

Kaiten
June 21, 2009, 03:08 AM
Besides we all know the best manga ever is Space Adventure Cobra and anyone who says otherwise is a LIAR

/me compulsive liar

Tru_TO
June 21, 2009, 03:12 AM
well pplz make Oda look like one of the greatest of all time, but this is ur typical One Piece chapter....

go to an island...........meet people....................find the threat.............fight enemy............get beat..............do something in a set amount of time..................come back miraculously..................beat the enemy.....................party...................leave. and the cycle starts right over again.

Rejuvenation
June 21, 2009, 03:38 AM
Oda has fan boys just like Toriyama, Kishimoto, Kubo and others do. You shouldn't take those kinds of people as the representation of an entire fandom.

You can break down Naruto (In Part 2 anyway), Bleach, and many other series' structures if you strip it down like that.

What matters most is how characters are used and the story's execution. One Piece delivers on that front the most out of its other competitors.

Annnddd I'm done. I've had enough Trinity debates on a certain other ninja forum to last me a lifetime. Plus, that isn't this thread's main topic. >.>

Kaiten
June 21, 2009, 03:46 AM
Annnddd I'm done. I've had enough Trinity debates on a certain other ninja forum to last me a lifetime. Plus, that isn't this thread's main topic. >.>

Thank you.

Fun as it may be to debate the big three, let's please stay on topic ~~

Finestela
June 21, 2009, 11:59 AM
Ko-neta is here!

687 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2009/06/22(月) 01:52:41 ID:cmqerwy+0
小ネタ
・31 フープout 
 その上4つ とら、バクマン、黒子、PSY
 休虜

in
32~ 河下  あねどきっ
33~ 田中靖規
34~ わじまさとし

・32 C鰤、べるぜ

2009-31 Bottom 5
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoopman (The End)

Toriko on break

New Series:
2009-32: Kawashita Mizuki "Ane Doki"
2009-33: Tanaka Yasuki (Hitomi's author)
2009-34: Wachima Satoshi (Author who did the 1-shot in 2008-51 issue)

2009-32
Lead CP: Ane Doki
CP: Bleach, Beelze

[hr]

That was fast... Kawashita getting another series!?
What about Kanou :scry :scry
I'm still rather sad about Hoop... :scry
And Tanaka... sigh... Another generic adventure manga? :(

[Cross]
June 21, 2009, 12:03 PM
Wah, Hoop Men is out and there are three new series taking it's place, damn, what a packed week.

Googlez_kun
June 21, 2009, 12:03 PM
Ko-neta is here!

2009-31 Bottom 5
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoopman (The End)

Toriko on break

New Series:

2009-32

funny how bakuman always changes the position so extreme:amuse

and why the hell do bleach and beelze get color pages again???
that's not fair:notrust
bakuman should get one again or other series who need it or deserve it,too!

Koen
June 21, 2009, 12:07 PM
sket, psyren, mago and bakuman like to jojo in and out of the bottom 5. Good hoop men ends, it got what it deserves

sad kano or naoshi doesn't get a new chance in jump... But I do look forward to see if Tanaka Yusuki can do better now than his previous generic hitomi...

Mr. Prince
June 21, 2009, 12:12 PM
Farewell Hoop...we both knew this day would come~ :hug
Though I'm a bit sad nonetheless...

Bakuman is the yoyo of extremeness, now that's for sure. And Kuroko is yet again in the basement...I'm slightly pleased by that. *cough*

[Cross]
June 21, 2009, 12:13 PM
Bakuman was only high last time because that was the ranking for the cover/colour of that week. It seems that now it is down to normal maybe, though it does show how superficial the audience is since it seems to have received a high spot because of the cover. Kuroko is down again, and the trend is proving truer than ever, I daresay that a fairwell may not be too far off.

Finestela
June 21, 2009, 12:13 PM
sket, psyren, mago and bakuman like to jojo in and out of the bottom 5. Good hoop men ends, it got what it deserves

sad kano or naoshi doesn't get a new chance in jump... But I do look forward to see if Tanaka Yusuki can do better now than his previous generic hitomi...

Awww... come on... Hoop just had bad luck with a bad start :scry

As for Tanaka, I hope he tries something different. I mean I don't think WSJ needs another generic battle series if you ask me... = ="

Koen
June 21, 2009, 12:16 PM
Awww... come on... Hoop just had bad luck with a bad start :scry

As for Tanaka, I hope he tries something different. I mean I don't think WSJ needs another generic battle series if you ask me... = ="

Yes it does but it's time for those überlong generic ones (*cough* naruto *cough and *cough* bleach *cough*) to end. Well do not forget but HxH and D.g-m are still absent so it's rather normal they are constantly trying (first bokke and now akaboshi and prolly tanaka)

kewl0210
June 21, 2009, 12:22 PM
That first one, Kawashita Mizuki did Ichigo 100%.
Tanaka Yasuki did a bunch of one shots in various magazines.
That last one is a pen name as it's all in hiragana.

Digital_Eon
June 21, 2009, 12:22 PM
Well, this just... sucks. Hoop ending was to be expected, but that's another weird Bottom 5. And three new series? As much as I like Kawashita, that's... well, how is DGM going to get back in?! Oh, and Bleach and Beelze getting colour pages is just like the predictable cherry on top.

Interesting how that previous fake spoiler predicted Hoop would end in this issue! (They got the new series entry dates wrong, though, so I think we can say that's the fake part. Besides, Jump would never add two new series in a single issue, would they?

kewl0210
June 21, 2009, 12:25 PM
I thought that was a different issue, wasn't it the previous one?
I'll go find it...

This just in from the land of fabrication, 2ch. The Uchikiri Survival Thread.

関係者に聞いた話ね
This is something I heard from an authorized person.

昨日連載会議あったんだけど、その1ヶ月前くらいにもう1回会議あったみたい
There was a serialization conference yesterday, though there seems there was one about a month ago.
29号アイシールドout(これはもっと前に決まってた)
Issue 28 Eyeshield out (This was decided earlier)
31号でフープメンout
Issue 31 Hoopmen out
32号から2つin
Issue 32, two others in.
35号と36・37合併号で読み切りある(金未来ではない)
In issues 35 and double issue 36-37 there will be one-shots (not the golden future cup)
36・37号でぬらりひょんout
Issue 36-37 Nurarihyon out.
38号からまた2つin
Issue 38 another two in.
多分45号あたりでハンターハンターが復活するって(まだ確定ではない)
Probably around issue 45 Hunter X Hunter will come back (it's not decided)

Hm, you're right. I thought last week was issue 31...
Actually it says "from 32 (and 38) two others in". But there are three. It IS pretty close though. Maybe just a coincidence, or a half truth.

Rejuvenation
June 21, 2009, 12:26 PM
Wtf? Bakuman was in the top 3 last week and plummeted all the way down to the bottom 5. It won't get canceled but its ToC ranking fluctuates more than Ichigo's power level in Bleach. XDDD

Psyren needs to get out of the basement please. Nice to see Sket and Mago out of it though.

3 new series? This is going to make ToC speculation even more interesting. Although I guess this means no return for HxH or DGM.

Yay, nice to see Kawashita return. I really liked Ichigo 100% and Hatsukoi Limited so hopefully this one can deliver too. Just be better than Lilim Kiss please. >.>

And there goes Hoop. We all knew it was coming. I call Kuroko as the new cushion. This is the 2nd week in the bottom 5 and unless it picks up with this new Generation of Miracles Opponent I don't see it lasting.

Already said it before but more color for series that do not need color. ¬_¬

Finestela
June 21, 2009, 12:31 PM
Oh come on... Lilim Kiss is much more fun to read than Ichigo! (well, in my opinion at least :p)

I guess it has something to do with me enjoying romance comedy with a bit of mystic/sci-fi as oppose the regular stuff... (I did like DNA2 better than I''s... Hell, I liked Shadow Lady better than I''s... XD)

SameOld
June 21, 2009, 12:35 PM
I call Kuroko as the new cushion. This is the 2nd week in the bottom 5 and unless it picks up with this new Generation of Miracles Opponent I don't see it lasting.

Leaving the personal opinions on Kuroko aside, you're forgetting that it's the last remaining sports series in Jump and none of the newcomers seems to be sports-based (though Tanaka's could be a sports series instead of another action one... no one expected Yoichi Amano to shift from baseball to chinese epic either :P ). Worst case scenario, if Kuroko drops below To-Love this will still give it at least ten more weeks to try and recover until a replacement for it is found.

Finestela
June 21, 2009, 12:40 PM
I don't know if you guys notice this... but it means that both Bleach and Beelze are getting double issue CP's = =" (As oppose to just Beelze we heard last week).

Negative Syndicate
June 21, 2009, 12:43 PM
29号アイシールドout(これはもっと前に決まってた)
Issue 28 Eyeshield out (This was decided earlier)
31号でフープメンout
Issue 31 Hoopmen out
32号から2つin
Issue 32, two others in.
35号と36・37合併号で読み切りある(金未来ではない)
In issues 35 and double issue 36-37 there will be one-shots (not the golden future cup)
36・37号でぬらりひょんout
Issue 36-37 Nurarihyon out.
38号からまた2つin
Issue 38 another two in.

So actually Hoopmen finished in issue 31, like a rumor, is that means there are slight possibilities that Mago might get cancelled?

Also, I'm happy to see that Medaka is not in bottom 5, which Medaka's first actual ranking. But, sad to see Kurko is low. I think the ranking chapter is where Seirin against Seihou. Is that means people don't like Seirin against Seihou and is Jump decide that Kuroko can't be a replacement for Eyeshield, so one of three new series possibly be new sport series?

Rejuvenation
June 21, 2009, 12:47 PM
I'm also happy to see Medaka's not in the bottom 5. I'm curious if it will be smack dab in the middle or higher.

Oh come on... Lilim Kiss is much more fun to read than Ichigo! (well, in my opinion at least :p)

I guess it has something to do with me enjoying romance comedy with a bit of mystic/sci-fi as oppose the regular stuff... (I did like DNA2 better than I''s... Hell, I liked Shadow Lady better than I''s... XD)

Lilim Kiss just felt like it was lacking something big to me. I don't know if I want to say that thing was "depth" or something else though.

Hmm well I actually enjoyed DNA2 and I''s equally when I think about it. XD

But differences in taste is fine and all. Makes the world interesting. :tem

Leaving the personal opinions on Kuroko aside, you're forgetting that it's the last remaining sports series in Jump and none of the newcomers seems to be sports-based (though Tanaka's could be a sports series instead of another action one... no one expected Yoichi Amano to shift from baseball to chinese epic either :P ). Worst case scenario, if Kuroko drops below To-Love this will still give it at least ten more weeks to try and recover until a replacement for it is found.

Oh, I haven't discounted that. If it remains a bottom dweller the fact it is the only series that is still sports will be the one thing that buys it any time.

I think the big thing to look for though is if when 10 weeks comes around another sports series is already waiting in the wings for Jump to serialize. If that is the case and Kuroko is sitting next to To-Love-Ru that will be its end.

I don't know if you guys notice this... but it means that both Bleach and Beelze are getting double issue CP's = =" (As oppose to just Beelze we heard last week).

I actually didn't notice this until you mentioned it. Heaven forbid 10 weeks go by in 2009 and Bleach doesn't get a color for one of them.

Finestela
June 21, 2009, 12:49 PM
Interesting how that previous fake spoiler predicted Hoop would end in this issue! (They got the new series entry dates wrong, though, so I think we can say that's the fake part. Besides, Jump would never add two new series in a single issue, would they?

Well, the spoiler (which referred the info came from an insider) didn't really say both series would come in in a single issue, but rahter "two series coming in starting with 2008-32", and "two more starting with 2008-38"

Pirulito
June 21, 2009, 12:50 PM
Since Double Arts and Hatsukoi Limited was axed (not sure on HL), I haven't seen a really good news in theses TOC's until yesterday.

But today is a good day.
Welcome back, Kawashita.
Now, I'm waiting for Kano and Naoshi.

[Cross]
June 21, 2009, 01:08 PM
Hm...I'm wondering if Kawashita will try something different this time around.

Negative Syndicate
June 21, 2009, 01:53 PM
Does anyone knowsWachima Satoshi 's one shot is called? I want to check out his one shot.

SameOld
June 21, 2009, 02:26 PM
Does anyone knowsWachima Satoshi 's one shot is called? I want to check out his one shot.

There were two one-shots in that week. A 15-page gag called Sasurai Kenshi Monogatari and another one called Kashikoi Inu Lillenthal. I don't know what the second one is like, but I hated the first.

Mr. Prince
June 21, 2009, 02:26 PM
Should be Sasurai Kenshi Monogatari (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1113964). : )

Jabberwocky
June 21, 2009, 02:36 PM
The second one-shot from issue 51 'o8
http://mangahelpers.com/m/kashikoi-ken-lilienthal
says its by Ashihara Daisuke

Both of the one-shots don't look like new series material

fxu
June 21, 2009, 04:09 PM
Wow.... I'm really disappointed that Bleach and Beelze keep getting colors.

It's absolutely retarded. I would laugh if Beelze fails at volume sales since it's getting pimped so much.

Akainu
June 21, 2009, 04:13 PM
What I was thinking of lately is this: maybe Beelze gets the colour twice because the volume is about to come out and they already expcet either huge sells or a somehow disappointing outcome and thus proomote it at that time?

StrangerAtaru
June 21, 2009, 04:23 PM

What about Wingman? (it's sci-fi and early work but it's a ton of fun and slightly strange...then again I'm biased for doing it :P)

On the other hand...I'm sort of happy Kawashita is coming back but at the same time conflicted considering Hatsukoi was within the last year and she's suddenly trying again. Who knows what will happen but somehow my mind is telling me they want to replace To-Love and see her as a means to do so. (though I'm happy Mago and Sket are out of danger fer the moment.)

Negative Syndicate
June 21, 2009, 04:26 PM
Kuroko has been in bottom 5 for two consecutive weeks. Is this means Kuroko finally loses its touch or is Seirin vs. Seihou arc. is not that popular?

Galactic Tomahawk
June 21, 2009, 04:40 PM
A little concerned with Mago now, though there's still volume sales to consider and it could still very well end up a coincidence or just different from what the spoiler said, like the two/three series thing.

Besides that, I'm kind of interested in what Tanaka's bringing. Liked a lot of the ideas behind Catoblepas even if the execution was pretty lackluster.

VASSiLi
June 21, 2009, 05:06 PM
Shit, bakuman in bottom 5 again <.< I'm wondering if bakuman's ending is coming

Imitorar
June 21, 2009, 05:12 PM
Shit, bakuman in bottom 5 again <.< I'm wondering if bakuman's ending is coming
A series that sells over 200,000 copies of a volume WITHIN THE FIRST FIVE VOLUMES has nothing to worry about. Bakuman's sales are strong, and THAT is what matters. It's not in any danger whatsoever for the foreseeable future. I mean, D. Gray-man and Death Note were always low in the Table of Contents, but they stuck around because they had very high tankobon sales. Bakuman is the same way, there's nothing to worry about at all.

SameOld
June 21, 2009, 05:25 PM
I do think Bakuman's ending is near, though. A natural ending, that is. There just isn't a lot left to show anymore, imo.

VASSiLi
June 21, 2009, 05:52 PM
I do think Bakuman's ending is near, though. A natural ending, that is. There just isn't a lot left to show anymore, imo.

Uhm, I'm not sure. DN ends really early cuz is difficoult thinking every week new challenges between Kira and L/Near; while in Bakuman we still have to see "Eiji vs Ashirogi", the "Azuki's career" and the "Trap's anime". So Bakuman will not have a natural end so soon.

Negative Syndicate
June 21, 2009, 06:13 PM
Does anyone worries that Mago might be cancel because rumor about Hoopmen is been cancel in issue 31 does come true, so there are slightly chance that rumor might be true? Or does anyone thinks it is just a coincidence?

Digital_Eon
June 21, 2009, 06:13 PM
FROM 32? Wow... so that spoiler may have been right after all. I didn't pay attention to the original wording.

Is it possible that it has been decided since that Mago won't end? Perhaps that's why we're getting three new series now instead of another one later (when was the last time a single new series was introduced?). Hmm. Still worried about DGM's apparent lack of return, what with the rumours of another volume in September (HxH at least has a rumour going for its return in October!).

Maybe they're expecting one of the new series to flop, or replace Kuroko. Those rankings are pretty bad, especially for a series that was pimped as much as it was.

[Cross]
June 21, 2009, 06:17 PM
Well, it's all in the air right now. Are the current chapters showing any signs of it reaching the end?

SameOld
June 21, 2009, 06:37 PM
Uhm, I'm not sure. DN ends really early cuz is difficoult thinking every week new challenges between Kira and L/Near; while in Bakuman we still have to see "Eiji vs Ashirogi", the "Azuki's career" and the "Trap's anime". So Bakuman will not have a natural end so soon.

Azuki's career does't need to be shown, and if it does, it'll be just a few chapters at most. The anime won't be shown, it'll probably be just the sign that the series is about to end. I don't see a reason why Ohba would want to show the inside of the anime industry as well... besides, Ashirogi aren't even involved with it. And Ashirogi vs. Eiji is already happening.

Finestela
June 21, 2009, 06:49 PM
What about Wingman? (it's sci-fi and early work but it's a ton of fun and slightly strange...then again I'm biased for doing it :P)

On the other hand...I'm sort of happy Kawashita is coming back but at the same time conflicted considering Hatsukoi was within the last year and she's suddenly trying again. Who knows what will happen but somehow my mind is telling me they want to replace To-Love and see her as a means to do so. (though I'm happy Mago and Sket are out of danger fer the moment.)

Ahhh... Wingman... now that's something I haven't heard in a long time...

I personally think Wingman is much more strict Sci-Fi Adventure instead of Katsura's later romance series. So when comparing, I didn't even think about Wingman :p

Speaking of Wingman... so much has changed to Katsura-sensei's works ;)

FROM 32? Wow... so that spoiler may have been right after all. I didn't pay attention to the original wording.

Is it possible that it has been decided since that Mago won't end? Perhaps that's why we're getting three new series now instead of another one later (when was the last time a single new series was introduced?). Hmm. Still worried about DGM's apparent lack of return, what with the rumours of another volume in September (HxH at least has a rumour going for its return in October!).

Maybe they're expecting one of the new series to flop, or replace Kuroko. Those rankings are pretty bad, especially for a series that was pimped as much as it was.

If the spoiler was indeed real, to the effect that the original intend was indeed cutting Mago loose and bringing two more series in in 38... Perhaps they changed their mind in the final decision? So instead of 3 outs and 4 ins, we have the current 2 outs/3 ins?

Koshi_Inaba
June 21, 2009, 07:09 PM
Eyeshield and Hoop end is very much predictable. What i found weird, is that if the rumor is true, the decision to cancel mago come two months apart.
If they were to cancel a series, the most i remember would be one month, such as Mx0. Well, if it's really got cancel, it's going to be one of the unsolved mystery of Jump, a series with very good sales, especially from a new series from an unknown author, and very good ToC ranking at the beginning. I mean, Mago has only recently goes to the bottom, and it still bounce back in. I just hope it doesn't get canceled

BTW, is it true D.Gray-man has a low ToC ranking? I mean i just can't imagine a series with 14 million copy sold would have a low ranking.

Kaiten
June 21, 2009, 07:22 PM
Hitomi no Cateblepos was not a good series but Tanaka has done a string of very good one shots in Akamaru since. I've been looking forward to his return for a long time. Kawashita is a favorite, so happy to see her back.

Is Bleach getting color two weeks in a row? Ritual has it listed as getting in issue 31. It had already been announced that Beelzebub would.

Rejuvenation
June 21, 2009, 07:47 PM
Like I said before, Bakuman is the last series that I would worry about being canceled let alone ending this soon. I do not think it will be much longer than Death Note but I do see it breaching the 50 chapter mark at least.

As far as Mago is concerned, I'd rather take the wait and see approach rather than worrying too much about it. The current flashback in Kyoto is going to end this week's chapter or next. If it starts another arc rather than heading for an end game I'd doubt that part of the rumor being true.

As for DGM...considering how it suddenly left on an indefinite hiatus and didn't cite Hoshino's health as the main problem again I wouldn't really expect it anytime soon. I'm almost tempted to say HxH might return before DGM.

SameOld
June 21, 2009, 08:09 PM
BTW, is it true D.Gray-man has a low ToC ranking? I mean i just can't imagine a series with 14 million copy sold would have a low ranking.

iirc it wasn't a bottom dweller, but it didn't reach the top that often. Used to be right above Kochikame.

Kaiten
June 21, 2009, 08:21 PM
Before the last hiatus DGM tended to be somewhere in the middle. The last run were all in the bottom 5. I suspect Jump knew she would be leaving again after chapter 186 from the beginning and chapters 179 - 186 were placed by the editors, not fan polls.

kewl0210
June 21, 2009, 08:40 PM
It tends to get hurt in the polls when it's on frequent hiatuses. HXH was like that too despite it being always ranked #1 in tankoubon sales in the week it came out.

Negative Syndicate
June 21, 2009, 09:18 PM
I really don't get why there are even rumor about Mago is in danger of cancelation. In stroy wise, Mago just introduces new enemy, and possibly the setting will move to present day Kyoto to defeat their new enemy. Then, why people even make this kind of horrible rumor.

If rumor is true, is that means Jump has 100 percent confidence that the new series going to be more successful than Mago?

Also, does Jump has a series that replaced Mx0's popularity or not?

Kaiten
June 21, 2009, 09:23 PM
If Jump plans on canceling Mago it means they have complete confidence that Mago will not be a hit. As Mago is already a minor hit the editors will probably take the stance that ending it after less then two years would be bad business.

SameOld
June 21, 2009, 09:41 PM
There is also the perspective of a series' potential. I recall having seen a TOC from when Bleach was in its early days and it polled horribly. It was second to last or something like that. And look where it is now.

I believe the editors must see, based on their experience, which series have the most potential and which don't. That might explain why Psyren has been surviving for so long despite never leaving the bottom five for more than a short while. It may not be doing great right now, but it could become a new Naruto or Bleach at any moment. Don't ask me how, but it has happened before, so the chance actually exists.

I've already made it pretty clear in this thread that I don't like Mago, but leaving my feelings aside, even if I loved it, I wouldn't say I see in it the same potential as in something like Psyren or Akaboshi. Mago just won't be any more successful than it already is (not that it isn't successful enough, but I think you get my point) and to me that, along with its less than satisfactory TOC rankings, would explain it eventually getting cancelled.

Kaiten
June 21, 2009, 09:50 PM
From a business point of view, based on Jump's history, you have to assume a new series won't sell as well as Mago. Most don't. If there is a series that has not polled well/sold well after a certain period of time, there's no harm in replacing it. If the new series bombs it to can be canceled at little loss. But a series like Mago, while modestly popular by Jump standards, is still a best seller in the context of the industry as a whole. In comparison, Mago almost doubles the sales of the nearly two year old Sket Dance. It more then doubles the sales of Psyren. I doubt either will end soon either.

Negative Syndicate
June 21, 2009, 09:50 PM
However, Neuro and Muhyo also not a big hitter, actually I think Mago sells more volumes than both Neuro and Muhyo. But, the editor lets Neuro and Muhyo live for about 3 years, despite of being a minor hit.

Is this means that Neuro and Muhyosurvived for editors' love or is there any other reason.

In so far, I really can't think what the editors are thinking, they had cancelled Mx0 and Hatsukoi, but let Neuro and Muhyo survived, despite they are slightly sell less than Mx0 and Hatsukoi.

Kaiten
June 21, 2009, 09:58 PM
Hatsukoi sold about as well as Sket Dance and was most likely planned as 4 volumes. It did not seem canceled as Kawashita began to resolve the various stories starting around chapter 20. While very unusual for a weekly shonen anthology, deliberately short series are common with shojo. Kawashita's first series was serialized in Margaret.

Sexy Randal 105
June 21, 2009, 11:49 PM
I think the problem is that Mago is almost too japanese. It would be hard to adapt it for any other audience. Thus, it is kind of gimped in popularity worldwide.

As for Bakuman, I honestly could see it taking a plot twist to spice things up and maybe even have Trap get canceled. This would show the harsh nature of the shounen business.

Maxy Barnard
June 22, 2009, 12:13 AM
I can't see Bakuman ending anytime soon, obvious point that it is. If it stays low it just ends up like love trouble and continues on.

.... leaving Sket and Psyren in trouble. AGAIN

predsfan
June 22, 2009, 12:14 AM
I think the problem is that Mago is almost too japanese. It would be hard to adapt it for any other audience. Thus, it is kind of gimped in popularity worldwide.

What would it's worldwide popularity have to do with anything? They wouldn't cut a series that sells well in Japan just because they don't think it would sell as good as others worldwide would they?

I wouldn't understand a decision (at least from a business perspective) to cut Mago before Psyren and Sket if it's selling so much better than them just because it doesn't rank well in the Magazine. I doubt either would be popular enough worldwide to make up for the difference, not that I've ever really read Sket Dance (maybe like the first three chapters).

Anyway, it's another sad day in Jump history. Another series I really enjoyed get's cut so soon. That makes about 5 of them now. I will miss Hoopmen.

Heiji-sama
June 22, 2009, 01:10 AM
#33 (13/07) :
Tanaka Tasuki / Kenjin (New Serie, Couv & Page Couleur)

#34 (20/07) :
Wajima Satoshi / Wasshoi! Waji Mania (New Serie & Page Couleur) >> Perhaps Gag Manga.

Wajima Satoshi Work's :
Sasurai Kenshi Monogatari (Jump #51-2008)
Sekai Nyururun Taizai-ki (Akamaru Jump Spring 2009)
http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1245651316280.jpg (http://www.monsterup.com)

Drmke
June 22, 2009, 01:15 AM
Im very excited about the new Tanaka series [I]Kenjin[I] it appears to be called. I kinda hope its similar in style to Hitomi but with better execution and doesnt get canceled so quickly.

Finestela
June 22, 2009, 05:49 AM
The name of Tanaka's new series is actually called "Kagijin" (lit. Key-man) instead of Kenjin, and it is based on his one-shot that was in Akamaru 2009-Winter. :)

I still remember vaguely that we talked about it, and the preview ad was posted here.

Sloggett
June 22, 2009, 06:33 AM
Is there room for another gag manga in jump? With Inumaru being so popular I would think yes.

I would also think there is room for another adventure/action series with both DGM and HXH not in the mag.

Tru_TO
June 22, 2009, 06:48 AM
man i got a serious question:
Will Togashi return and continue his manga weekly until he finishes it? I wanna see the ending to this manga, will it happen? Since theres 3 new manga in Jump now, fuck i'm pissed with Togashi i wanna see HxH end, what u think will it come back?

StrangerAtaru
June 22, 2009, 08:00 AM
Ahhh... Wingman... now that's something I haven't heard in a long time...

I personally think Wingman is much more strict Sci-Fi Adventure instead of Katsura's later romance series. So when comparing, I didn't even think about Wingman :p

Speaking of Wingman... so much has changed to Katsura-sensei's works ;)

Wingman appears more like a hybrid: it takes his love of sentai/masked heroes and combines it with action, sci-fi and, obviously, romance. I think though he seemed to move more towards romance a bit later with Video Girl Ai & I''s...but from what I've heard of Zetman, it's more him returning to his sentai/masked heroes roots with a darker theme akin to Kikaider. (the recent anime series at least) But to tell the truth I'm not the best Katsura expert since...well, Wingman is the only one of his works I've been reading. (I''s doesn't interest me though...)

As for the person commenting about gag manga: they'll always have a place in shonen, even more so than sports series. (which we've talked quite a bit about as of late due to ES21 ending, Hoopman bombing and Dogashi collapsing)

DeidaraGrimmjow
June 22, 2009, 09:02 AM
Random Question: How does Reborn's popularity compare with Shaman King's? I ask because since Shaman King was cancelled so late in, I was wondering if it could happen to Reborn too...

[Cross]
June 22, 2009, 09:21 AM
Random Question: How does Reborn's popularity compare with Shaman King's? I ask because since Shaman King was cancelled so late in, I was wondering if it could happen to Reborn too...

Not remotely, Reborn has a fanbase that isn't generally based around the manga per se, much like D.Gray-Man. If anything, over in Japan, Reborn is more popular than Shaman King, so I can't see it getting cancelled far into it's serialization.

Negative Syndicate
June 22, 2009, 09:57 AM
I have a feeling that two of three series can be cushion for other series. For Wajima Satoshi, there are already couple of gag series in Jump, so it going to be hard to be successful. For Tanaka Tasuki, he already failed once, so he has to make really good on his second work to gain editors repect, if he didn't, he might end up like Uchimizu.

In conclusion, most people think Kawashita can be successful because she is very famous for Ichigo. But, there are lots of example that author with hit series, fail in their second work, like Sawai, Nishi, Watsuki, Fujisaki, and Takei. So she has to make her new series really good because the reader will make comparison to Ichigo.

Sexy Randal 105
June 22, 2009, 10:26 AM
I smell a new Poseidon.

Oh and this was posted elsewhere:

2009-31 Bottom 5
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoopman (The End)

Toriko on break

New Series:

2009-32

Finestela
June 22, 2009, 10:35 AM
I smell a new Poseidon.

Oh and this was posted elsewhere:

Yeah... I posted it in #1299 :p

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1413355#post1413355

y A M A T O
June 22, 2009, 02:11 PM
I smell a new Poseidon.
2009-31 Bottom 5
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoopman (The End)

Bakuman in the bottom 3??? This is ridicolous.

Is he Hitomi no Catoplebas' author? God, it makes me happy :)

Kaiten
June 22, 2009, 02:18 PM
Is he Hitomi no Catoplebas' author? God, it makes me happy :)

Tis! I really wish I could find the raws for Kagijin's pilot. The art was amazing, better then Hitomi or Jamie Vu (great one shot, for anyone who hasn't read it). Here's a link to the color page:

http://img194.imagevenue.com/loc219/th_35993_07_122_219lo.jpg (http://img194.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc219&image=35993_07_122_219lo.jpg)

DeidaraGrimmjow
June 22, 2009, 02:29 PM
I have a feeling that two of three series can be cushion for other series.

You are right, I just hope it's the gag and the harem not the action.

Koen
June 22, 2009, 02:42 PM
Tanaka's art is pretty decent for an action shounen. Well I definitely look forward to what he has to offer. I won't be dissapointed by his art, that's for sure

Kaiten
June 22, 2009, 03:03 PM
Let's see if his writing improved since Hitomi. The one shots he's done since have been good. Hitomi itself wasn't completely horrible. The main character was interesting, definitely not a typical shonen hero. What really bugged me was the big fight with poorly introduced villains that took up the last half of the series. If anyone else has read Ga - Rei, Hitomi kind of ripped off it's plot. Only Tokio wasn't a hot chick ;) Despite those obvious flaws I've been looking forward to Tanaka's return for a while now.

Drmke
June 22, 2009, 05:04 PM
The name of Tanaka's new series is actually called "Kagijin" (lit. Key-man) instead of Kenjin, and it is based on his one-shot that was in Akamaru 2009-Winter. :)

I still remember vaguely that we talked about it, and the preview ad was posted here.

Well thanks for the info...musta missed it. sounds interesting though. i hope it lasts

Galactic Tomahawk
June 22, 2009, 05:17 PM
I've generally liked his one-shots, even the Hitomi one was quite a lot better than the actual series turned out. I'm guessing (or hoping, at any rate) that the problem was largely it being his first actual ongoing manga.

Negative Syndicate
June 22, 2009, 07:07 PM
Does anyone knows how the editors choose which series to be cancel? Looking at some series, like Neuro, Muhyo, and Mxo, and the rumor about Mago, I become confused how the systems work. I thought unpopular series are the first choice for cancelation.

Drmke
June 22, 2009, 07:31 PM
Does anyone knows how the editors choose which series to be cancel? Looking at some series, like Neuro, Muhyo, and Mxo, and the rumor about Mago, I become confused how the systems work. I thought unpopular series are the first choice for cancelation.

I don't know how the well the graphic novels of those series sold but Neuro and Mxo where in the bottom 5 quite often and would sometime yoyo up to the middle or the top 5 but for the last couple of months at least they hung around the bottom so that might have had something to do with it.

Galactic Tomahawk
June 22, 2009, 07:45 PM
Neuro ended naturally (though it probably would've been canceled before long if it didn't), and Muhyo/Mx0 were both in the bottom more than long enough to warrant cancellation.

SameOld
June 22, 2009, 07:47 PM
Just for the record, neither Neuro nor (I guess) Muhyo were canceled.

Finestela
June 22, 2009, 07:55 PM
Just for the record, neither Neuro nor (I guess) Muhyo were canceled.

Muhyo's ending is definitely more abrupt than Neuro, not to mention Muhyo ended with last place.

Neuro, on the other hand, managed to wrap up the final nemesis before ending.

Jabberwocky
June 22, 2009, 08:46 PM

Supposedly Mx0 was like Psyren more popular to readers on the internet then people who read it straight from a copy Weekly Shounen Jump

Finestela
June 22, 2009, 08:58 PM
Supposedly Mx0 was like Psyren more popular to readers on the internet then people who read it straight from a copy Weekly Shounen Jump

Shueisha could care less about the internet readers like us. It's about sales, and Mx0 was much popular than Psyren (or Sket) is now with the tank buying readers.

Mx0 was at around 120k per volume when it ended.
Psyren has yet break the 60k barrier I believe.
Sket Dance is currently 70kish

This is the reason why the previous extended discussion in this thread focuses our worries at Psyren and Sket.. because the growth of tank sales isn't as strong as Mx0, and yet Mx0 was axed. The good news right now is that Psyren and Sket, while not spectacular on the ToC, is still decent enough to be yo-yoing around.

[hr]

Off-topic, but I found this gem that I just have to share with Kaiten:

76 71 *11,119 *,762,087 33 434 聖☆おにいさん 1

After 33 weeks, Saint Young Man Vol.1 is still inside the top 100 for Oricon comics tally... rofl...

DeidaraGrimmjow
June 22, 2009, 10:08 PM
How do the higher-ups at Jump decide when to serialize a one-shot? I assume this Kagijin was popular as a one-shot? Or is Jump simply buying time for something else?

Kaiten
June 22, 2009, 10:49 PM
Shueisha could care less about the internet readers like us. It's about sales, and Mx0 was much popular than Psyren (or Sket) is now with the tank buying readers.

Mx0 was at around 120k per volume when it ended.
Psyren has yet break the 60k barrier I believe.
Sket Dance is currently 70kish

This is the reason why the previous extended discussion in this thread focuses our worries at Psyren and Sket.. because the growth of tank sales isn't as strong as Mx0, and yet Mx0 was axed. The good news right now is that Psyren and Sket, while not spectacular on the ToC, is still decent enough to be yo-yoing around.

<hr noshade size="1">

Off-topic, but I found this gem that I just have to share with Kaiten:

After 33 weeks, Saint Young Man Vol.1 is still inside the top 100 for Oricon comics tally... rofl...

lol. I love SYM, but how did it get so popular so quickly!!? It rivals Bleach and Hunter x Hunter after what, three f'ing volumes! 700,000+ volumes and serialized in a magazine that probably ships less than 100,000 per issue (could be wrong). Pretty amazing. Can you say million seller?

Sket and Psyren have benefited from a lot of crap series debuting in '07 and '08. There's always been a horror like Asklepios or Meister ready to die in their place. With a more stable roster both could be in trouble, which would suck seeing as both are really good.

How do the higher-ups at Jump decide when to serialize a one-shot? I assume this Kagijin was popular as a one-shot? Or is Jump simply buying time for something else?

Nerdy Bakuman time:

The editors have a meeting before it's time to add new series. Recent one shots, mostly from Jump, also from Akamaru are discussed. They look at how well each one shot polled, one shots are voted on the same way series are, discuss weather they believe the mangaka are ready for serialization, and weather the one shot in question could work as a weekly series. From there they narrow it down to the best entrants. if an established mangaka is returning, as Kawashita is now (still fangasming over that), that bumps the weakest of the one shots. Kagijin must have done very well with readers of the winter Akamaru. Medaka Box must have had an amazing response considering how quick that was serialized.

Rejuvenation
June 22, 2009, 11:43 PM
^Medaka being serialized as fast as it was is also the reason why I'm curious of where it will officially rank.

If it pulls a #6 or #7 position like its average so far in its first few weeks I'll be extremely pleased.

Kaiten
June 23, 2009, 12:09 AM
We'll find out soon. It ranks in what, a week or two?

Rejuvenation
June 23, 2009, 12:23 AM
We'll find out soon. It ranks in what, a week or two?

It should be this week since this is chapter 8 right? Or would it be next week?

Kaiten
June 23, 2009, 12:25 AM
It should be this week since this is chapter 8 right? Or would it be next week?

Yeah it should be chapter 8. I can't count very high, get confused sometimes ;) There's always been some controversy over first ranking. There's always been some controversy as to what constitutes eight weeks but I'm to tired to hash them out right now :P

SSJWill4
June 23, 2009, 03:34 AM
Yeah it should be chapter 8. I can't count very high, get confused sometimes ;) There's always been some controversy over first ranking. There's always been some controversy as to what constitutes eight weeks but I'm to tired to hash them out right now :P

Seeing as the shortest series that I can think of lasted 8 chapters (Chagecha), I'd say that counting is inclusive and the 8th chapter is the first chapter to be officially 'ranked.' Not to say that a series can't show signs of success or failure earlier on though (again, Chagecha).

Lingwe
June 23, 2009, 05:15 AM
The Kagijin oneshot was set in a post apocalyptic world. I've only glanced through it so far so I didn't really find out what was going on (and don't have access to it at the moment so this is only based on my memory and might be wrong), but basically there are a bunch of people living in a desert after the world has used up all it's resources or something like that, so they are forced to scavenge for stuff. A bunch of stuff happens and at the end the baddie who is going to hurt the girl is confronted by the main character, and the baddie realises that the main character who comes to her rescue was a little kid who escaped him or something when he was young. Then the main guy shoves a key into his arm or something and summons a big bird creature to attack the guy. Then he walks off into the distance.

As I said I'm not too clear on the details and so that might not be what happens exactly but thats basically it. I'll try and scan the raw of it when I get home on the weekend.

StrangerAtaru
June 23, 2009, 08:02 AM
The Kagijin oneshot was set in a post apocalyptic world. I've only glanced through it so far so I didn't really find out what was going on (and don't have access to it at the moment so this is only based on my memory and might be wrong), but basically there are a bunch of people living in a desert after the world has used up all it's resources or something like that, so they are forced to scavenge for stuff. A bunch of stuff happens and at the end the baddie who is going to hurt the girl is confronted by the main character, and the baddie realises that the main character who comes to her rescue was a little kid who escaped him or something when he was young. Then the main guy shoves a key into his arm or something and summons a big bird creature to attack the guy. Then he walks off into the distance.

As I said I'm not too clear on the details and so that might not be what happens exactly but thats basically it. I'll try and scan the raw of it when I get home on the weekend.

Key summons...hmm, somehow I suddenly get a vibe of Lucy from Fairy Tail. Tale could still be interesting though.

Jabberwocky
June 23, 2009, 09:11 AM
I was thinking it would be like Kingdom hearts. Were they have key blades.

SameOld
June 23, 2009, 09:38 AM
Lol, I got a FT vibe as soon as I saw the cover for the OS and the title.
Despite that, the plot seems awfully generic. Here's hoping the execution is well done to compensate for the lack of originality (though from people's complaints I've read, Hitomi was the exact opposite of that, so who knows).

Unok
June 23, 2009, 03:41 PM
The Kagijin oneshot was...
Raw (cam) Kagijin - http://www.mediafire.com/?iqmtzgzmz3z

DeidaraGrimmjow
June 23, 2009, 04:10 PM
What was the name of the one-shot? I know it was downloaded here, but I can't find it now...

edit: Nevermind. Just saw the last post. Thanks Unok.

Kaiten
June 23, 2009, 11:00 PM
Looking over those raws this series could go either way. There could be a really good series lurking within the concept or there could be an inane super power fest. The way his key power is drawn looks really cool, the possibility of two key holders facing off with different animals behind them sends shivers down my spine. Not in the good way. While the demon sealed in the body of a demon exterminator was ripped straight from Ga - Rei, at least the power to stop time in Hitomi was guaranteed cheesiness free.

DeidaraGrimmjow
June 23, 2009, 11:20 PM
I hate Ga-Rei but I read it anyway. And as far as this series is concerned, yeah the key power looks cool but other than the main character, the character designs were not that great. Also, I did not have that "blown away" feeling. But maybe that can change...

ps. Can someone give me the link to the Japanese Jump website? Don't know what's going on with Wiki...

Kaiten
June 24, 2009, 02:00 AM
I hate Ga-Rei but I read it anyway. And as far as this series is concerned, yeah the key power looks cool but other than the main character, the character designs were not that great. Also, I did not have that "blown away" feeling. But maybe that can change...

ps. Can someone give me the link to the Japanese Jump website? Don't know what's going on with Wiki...

Here it is. (http://www.shonenjump.com/e/index.html) They changed the url. Wiki must not have gotten the message.

any one who can interpret this gets a cookie ^^ "The prize-winning works of JUMP Treasure new cartoonists prize in March deliverd!" Copied and pasted directly from Jump's website. A true Engrish gem IMO.

Finestela
June 24, 2009, 02:08 AM
TOC, by Himajin:

934 :五代目暇人 ◆2YGyF6T8YE :2009/06/24(水) 15:27:21 ID:VU1tFDFV0
31号

ぬるぽ(表紙+巻頭)
金玉
わんぴ
犬丸
スケット
ロックオン(読み切りセンター)
ぬるり
赤星
漫画研究所
鰤(センター)
めだか
りぼん
べる(センター)
こち亀
サイレン
黒子
バクマン
とらぶる
フープ(最終回)
ジャガー

2009-31

Naruto (Cover + Lead CP)
Gintama
One Piece
Inumaru
Sket Dance
Lock On (One-shot, CP)
Mago
Akaboshi
Hetappi Manga Kengyuujo
Bleach (CP)
Medaka
Reborn
Beelze (CP)
Kochi Kame
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoop (Final)
Jaguar

Kaiten
June 24, 2009, 02:14 AM
TOC, by Himajin:

2009-31

Naruto (Cover + Lead CP)
Gintama
One Piece
Inumaru
Sket Dance
Lock On (One-shot, CP)
Mago
Akaboshi
Hetappi Manga Kengyuujo
Bleach (CP)
Medaka
Reborn
Beelze (CP)
Kochi Kame
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoop (Final)
Jaguar

Greatest TOC ever :D

Somewhere, Bomber and Noodles are very, very, very happy!

Drmke
June 24, 2009, 02:25 AM
Holy hell! talk about weird toc............Gintama number 1? wow havent seen that in who knows how long. And Sket Dance is at 3 and here I thought it might end soon. Awesome to see Mago so high, guess rumors of it ending are definitely false. And why Bakuman why? And this is Medaka's first ranking correct? Not too bad imo.
[hr]

TOC, by Himajin: Hetappi Manga Kengyuujo

What is this? lol I'm clueless.

Tru_TO
June 24, 2009, 02:27 AM
Will Togashi return and continue his manga weekly until he finishes it? I wanna see the ending to this manga, will it happen? Since theres 3 new manga in Jump now, fuck i'm pissed with Togashi i wanna see HxH end, what u think will it come back?

Kaiten
June 24, 2009, 02:30 AM
Hetappi Manga Kengyuujo (http://mangahelpers.com/m/hetappi-manga-kenkyuusho-r/raws/) is a short that teaches how to draw manga, written and illustrated by the guys who did Eyeshield. It appears in every issue, consider it unranked.

HxH will return but Togashi will never, ever do weekly chapters again. He'll keep doing the same thing every year; ten chapters here, ten chapters there till he's tired of even doing that much. Inoue is almost as bad about Vagabond. He has been better then usual this year. He's only taken a month and a half off so far. Berserk fans have it the worst.

Drmke
June 24, 2009, 02:31 AM
Hetappi Manga Kengyuujo (http://mangahelpers.com/m/hetappi-manga-kenkyuusho-r/raws/) is a short that teaches how to draw manga, written and illustrated by the guys who did Eyeshield. It appears in every issue, consider it unranked.

Thanks lol I never knew

Finestela
June 24, 2009, 02:43 AM
What is this? lol I'm clueless.

Hettapi Manga is a short special corner that comes up every now and then, about drawing manga ;)
[hr]

Greatest TOC ever :D

Somewhere, Bomber and Noodles are very, very, very happy!

I can see them both either having heart attacks or foaming in the mouth... :p

We need to have the doctors (or vets) ready!

[Cross]
June 24, 2009, 02:55 AM
What the hell? Gintama is that high? God Damn, really impressive. Medaka gets ranked near the middle, saw it coming, glad it wasn't all the way in the bottom.

Rejuvenation
June 24, 2009, 03:20 AM
TOC, by Himajin:

2009-31

Naruto (Cover + Lead CP)
Gintama
One Piece
Inumaru
Sket Dance
Lock On (One-shot, CP)
Mago
Akaboshi
Hetappi Manga Kengyuujo
Bleach (CP)
Medaka
Reborn
Beelze (CP)
Kochi Kame
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoop (Final)
Jaguar

This is one wacky ToC. XD

Gintama number one for the first time in ages and Sket number four? I'm happy to see Sket rise so far to the top. Mago bursting into the top 5 was unexpected as well. But if this is during that onmyouji fight it is a well deserved ranking. If things start looking up for those two I will be pleased. :D

Medaka's first official ranking has it at number 7. That is just wonderful to me if it consistently remains in that bracket. If it ever breaks into the top 5 I'll be elated. Reborn follows after it which is fine.

*waves to Hoop and grumbles at Bleach color*

Googlez_kun
June 24, 2009, 04:00 AM
Hettapi Manga is a short special corner that comes up every now and then, about drawing manga ;)
i have 2 shonen jumps at home and saw it there,but when i looked up here on MH i could only find the RAWs for it

does someone bother to scanlate Hettapi Manga or does someone know where i can read it in english??

thanks beforehand:)

Koshi_Inaba
June 24, 2009, 05:17 AM
Mago and Sket in the top 5 is just an amazing news. If Psyren could rise as a well, I'll be even more glad.
This is just another proof that Mago will rank high if it's in a good arc.
I just hope that Hiroshi-Sensei can make the present arc even better. If he does, Mago rising in popularity will not be a dream anymore

StrangerAtaru
June 24, 2009, 06:23 AM
(checks back) 8 weeks ago, Gintama both had a CP and the beginning of an extremely epic battle. I knew it would poll well but...1ST!?!?! I guess when Sorachi does it, he really does it.

The whole poll this week is warped but I still like it. Sket and Mago in the top five is probably just as shocking...though somehow if Bleach didn't have a CP, we would see one of them knocked out. And...well, Hoop, we really didn't know you that well but we did know that you spent most of the time in the basement...such a pity for it's fans sake.

Finestela
June 24, 2009, 06:52 AM
i have 2 shonen jumps at home and saw it there,but when i looked up here on MH i could only find the RAWs for it

does someone bother to scanlate Hettapi Manga or does someone know where i can read it in english??

thanks beforehand:)

I can't recall anyone translating this before... I mean I'm surprised that there are raws for it at all ;)

[hr]

With this ToC, I think it's safe to say that we'll be seeing chaos ahead in the coming weeks, with 3 more new series joining in... :p

Mr. Prince
June 24, 2009, 07:12 AM
I really like this week's ToC for its dynamics in the top. Gintama rocketing up there is welcome. Sket and Mago are impressive and Inumaru seems like he doesn't want to leave his place in the sun.

With this ToC, I think it's safe to say that we'll be seeing chaos ahead in the coming weeks, with 3 more new series joining in... :p
qft!
I'm really looking forward to some movement...I hated those static ToCs we had not too long ago. It's got a fresher feeling like this. : )

Negative Syndicate
June 24, 2009, 08:15 AM
Naruto (Cover + Lead CP)
Gintama
One Piece
Inumaru
Sket Dance
Lock On (One-shot, CP)
Mago
Akaboshi
Hetappi Manga Kengyuujo
Bleach (CP)
Medaka
Reborn
Beelze (CP)
Kochi Kame
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoop (Final)
Jaguar

Is this ranking is really true? I can't believe that Gintama, Sket Dance, and Mago are in top 5, but more surprising is that Gintama beats One Piece. This is really weird ranking. Is Gintama's ranking is on climax of Jiraia arc? Also, I hope Mago stay on top or middle in a while, so I hope that rumor about cancelation of Mago can be false.

In Medaka's first ranking, I expect little bit more higher. And I want to see how Akaboshi going to do in their first ranking.

Finestela
June 24, 2009, 08:24 AM
Is this ranking is really true? I can't believe that Gintama, Sket Dance, and Mago are in top 5, but more surprising is that Gintama beats One Piece. This is really weird ranking. Is Gintama's ranking is on climax of Jiraia arc? Also, I hope Mago stay on top or middle in a while, so I hope that rumor about cancelation of Mago can be false.

In Medaka's first ranking, I expect little bit more higher. And I want to see how Akaboshi going to do in their first ranking.

Well... unless Himajin wants to tarnish his own good name just to play everyone as a fool... it's as real as a heart attack :p

Negative Syndicate
June 24, 2009, 09:51 AM
Does anyone knows how was Inumaru's volume 2 sell? It has been on top 5 recently, so it should sold more than volume 1.

kewl0210
June 24, 2009, 09:58 AM
Inumaru's tankoubons have sold really badly. All like under 50,000 despite its high place in the TOC, so who knows...
I'll catch up someday.

Yeah, Gintama and Mago, who knew?
Gintama got even higher than OP, I can't remember the last time something besides Naruto was above One Piece, let alone Gintama that had been in like, 8th to last for a while...

Maybe Nyurarihyon isn't ending then...

Finestela
June 24, 2009, 10:05 AM
Perhaps the occasional surge was what changed the editors mind? (assuming that so-called "insider's info" was legit :p)

StrangerAtaru
June 24, 2009, 10:18 AM
Dunno if I said it in my post: 8 chapters back was a combination of a color page and the beginning of the battle between Gintoki & Jiraia, which could explain the bizarre top rank this time. Strangely enough, a major battle of this magnitude brings readers in even if the content before in the arc doesn't.

Finestela
June 24, 2009, 10:31 AM
Preview pic for Ane-Doki:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/Finestela/Misc/lkhdfgsl_0.jpg

EDIT: Typo

Negative Syndicate
June 24, 2009, 11:31 AM
Preview pic for Ane-Toki:

I'm looking forward to see Ane-Toki, also the picture of Kagijin looks different from the one shot.

ttxdragon
June 24, 2009, 12:07 PM
I hope Anedoki (not Ane-Toki) will be a long-running series this time, unlike the short run of Hatsukoi Limited. (It's a new series and ot just a One-Shot, right? Didn't follow the announcements. :p)

Though I'm somewhat concerned about the plot being too generic... The title at least already sounds like a typical Hentai or an ecchi series where at the end they aren't blood related, so it's fine! >.>; Ahem.

Since this can't be a Hentai I hope I'm wrong about the not-blood-related twisted.

On a totally unrelated note:
GODF*CKINGDAMN YES! GINTAMA AT #1!!!!!

[Cross]
June 24, 2009, 12:38 PM

What are you talking about, no matter what the subject, that would always be related.

What does Ane Doki mean? Ane = sister, doki = ??? (heart beat sound?)
But that's just a guess.

Drmke
June 24, 2009, 01:32 PM
Preview pic for Ane-Toki:

So since this seems to have pics from all the new series does that mean that mini popo looking thing is from the third new one?

Finestela
June 24, 2009, 02:10 PM
I hope Anedoki (not Ane-Toki) will be a long-running series this time, unlike the short run of Hatsukoi Limited. (It's a new series and ot just a One-Shot, right? Didn't follow the announcements. :p)

Though I'm somewhat concerned about the plot being too generic... The title at least already sounds like a typical Hentai or an ecchi series where at the end they aren't blood related, so it's fine! >.>; Ahem.

Since this can't be a Hentai I hope I'm wrong about the not-blood-related twisted.

lol, thanks for correcting me ttx :D:D
and yes, it's a new series!

The "Ane" could very well just mean an older girl next door... though I'd be fine if they's living together (rofl).

And jeez, Gintama kicking OP's ass sure got you all excited XD

;1418492']
What does Ane Doki mean? Ane = sister, doki = ??? (heart beat sound?)
But that's just a guess.

I'm pretty sure that's indeed the correct interpretation of the title ;)
Oh, and Ane = older sister.

Mr. Prince
June 24, 2009, 02:17 PM
So since this seems to have pics from all the new series does that mean that mini popo looking thing is from the third new one?
Yupp, the title is cut off to some point but it definitely is.

(Kagijin's main character reminds me of Marco from ES21...maybe it's just the hair and eyes but it was my first association.^^)

Drmke
June 24, 2009, 02:34 PM
Yupp, the title is cut off to some point but it definitely is.

Well even it's not out yet I will go out on a limb and say I won't like it (though I wouldn't mind being surprised by it) and I don't think it will last very long considering how Jump already has 3 popular gag mangas.

ttxdragon
June 24, 2009, 02:45 PM
It's a new series <3 yay <3 Thanks for the info, fin =D

Anedoki would be indeed Older Sister + Heartbeat sound, roughly translating to something like "Older Sister Excitement" which was my reason for assuming much about the plot and fearing for the worst. =S

Jump could definitely use a new Ecchi series and a longer-running one, too.

And of course Gintama at #1 got me all happy! It's at the place it rightfully belongs in Jump for once! =D

Medaka ranked #7 for the first chapter? That's quite a nose-dive for a new series, according to Bakuman >.>; If it's within the double-digits next chapter I guess we can bid it farewell already. Well, actually I'm surprised ch1 didn't get into double-digits, anyway. But I guess it's the pull of it being the first chapter working right there. I hope it recovers, for all the fans of the series.

Finestela
June 24, 2009, 02:47 PM
Well even it's not out yet I will go out on a limb and say I won't like it (though I wouldn't mind being surprised by it) and I don't think it will last very long considering how Jump already has 3 popular gag mangas.

Speaking of which, I lol'd when I read the description/catch phrase next to it.

"A new dawn has risen in the World of Gag!"

Granted, it's more like a sales pitch... but I'll laugh if it couldn't last through the next round of cuts...

Drmke
June 24, 2009, 02:55 PM
Speaking of which, I lol'd when I read the description/catch phrase next to it.

"A new dawn has risen in the World of Gag!"

Granted, it's more like a sales pitch... but I'll laugh if it couldn't last through the next round of cuts...

lol that would be great. I hope one of the new series bombs cuz if they don't more than likely one of my favs will suffer for it. And I would prefer the gag cuz the other two look at least mildly interesting.

SameOld
June 24, 2009, 02:58 PM
Medaka ranked #7 for the first chapter? That's quite a nose-dive for a new series, according to Bakuman >.>; If it's within the double-digits next chapter I guess we can bid it farewell already. Well, actually I'm surprised ch1 didn't get into double-digits, anyway. But I guess it's the pull of it being the first chapter working right there. I hope it recovers, for all the fans of the series.

You can't take Bakuman into consideration here. In Bakuman there are series that get canceled after three or four chapters... and some series such as Crow get #1 right at the start. :P

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, Beelze and Kuroko debuted around 6th place, so... considering most canceled series in the past year (Asklepios, Bokke, Meister and Hoop) were all dead last from the very first moment, it's safe to say Medaka won't be canceled that soon unless it goes straight to the bottom.

[Cross]
June 24, 2009, 03:18 PM
Unless I'm terribly mistaken, Beelze and Kuroko debuted around 6th place, so... considering most canceled series in the past year (Asklepios, Bokke, Meister and Hoop) were all dead last from the very first moment, it's safe to say Medaka won't be canceled that soon unless it goes straight to the bottom.

Technically, Beezle's first ranking or rather, 8th chapter was with a colour page, so we can't really consider it ranked, and its next ranking (or first "real" ranking) was 7th.

ttxdragon
June 24, 2009, 03:29 PM
Series that get canceled after 3-4 chapters would last ~2 volumes worth ;) I highly doubt they'd publicize the reality harsher than it is in a manga made to encourage and show what manga-business is all about in WSJ... That'd be counter-productive, imho.

But then again, we only know the TOC is a roughly-similar-to-votings list. not necessarily 100% accurate (even taking out colors etc).

SameOld
June 24, 2009, 03:34 PM
;1418896']Technically, Beezle's first ranking or rather, 8th chapter was with a colour page, so we can't really consider it ranked, and its next ranking (or first "real" ranking) was 7th.

This is the one I was referring to. Exactly where Medaka is, and look how successful Beelze is.

Honestly, I think Medaka will be just like Baku-man; sometimes it's way up there, sometimes it's right next to To-LOVE. Which is not a bad thing depending on how the other newcomers do. See how long Neuro, Psyren and Sket survived while being like that.

Edit: and depending on tank sales, of course.

StrangerAtaru
June 24, 2009, 03:51 PM
I really don't get why people say that "we have enough gag series" in Jump. Once upon a time, gag series WERE Jump, with a couple sports and a couple "other" here or there. (following along the lines of shonen in that era) Sure what I say really means diddly but just because KochiKame and Jaguar are safe (and Inumaru will be sticking around for a while) doesn't mean bubkus that we can't have another successful one.

Drmke
June 24, 2009, 03:54 PM
I really don't get why people say that "we have enough gag series" in Jump. Once upon a time, gag series WERE Jump, with a couple sports and a couple "other" here or there. (following along the lines of shonen in that era) Sure what I say really means diddly but just because KochiKame and Jaguar are safe (and Inumaru will be sticking around for a while) doesn't mean bubkus that we can't have another successful one.

Well I just don't really like gag series personally. I read them for like a volumes worth and then i can't stand them anymore.

Sexy Randal 105
June 24, 2009, 03:57 PM
The toc is tough to judge nowadays. Everything is doing well and other things are forced to yo yo.

Finestela
June 24, 2009, 04:13 PM
By looking at the past trends, it's safe to say that Medaka had decent initial popularity, and is performing above average.

Both pre-ch.8 positions (partially reflecting the snap polls) as well as first "ranked" chapter are on the better half of the new series. Let's see where Medaka and Akaboshi is next week, and then we might actually be able to say that WSJ managed to get two out of two for this batch ;)

As for my comments on Wachi-mania... Don't get me wrong, I'm all for seeing more successful gag series in WSJ (or any magazines for that matter). It's just that the pitch line struck me as both obnoxious and premature. I mean here, we have a newbie starting a new series. The title is already using his name for crying out loud, and having a line declaring a new dawn is here gives me the impression that the author is either too fond of himself, or that the editor is overselling this guy. Either way, it's an overall negative feeling for me.

Rejuvenation
June 24, 2009, 04:42 PM
Nice to see a small preview for Kawashita's new manga. I'll hope it outlasts the gag and action series if it comes down to picking between the 3. Or maybe replace To Love Ru if need be. Not that Jump can't have more than one romance/ecchi title in it.

;1418896']Technically, Beezle's first ranking or rather, 8th chapter was with a colour page, so we can't really consider it ranked, and its next ranking (or first "real" ranking) was 7th.

This is the reason I won't worry too much about it unless it seriously starts being in the bottom more than out of it. Matching Beelzebub's ranking is one thing but if Medaka gets even half the attention Jump has given Beelzebub it will probably be fine for at least until the 20 chapter mark. After that it could manage to fluctuate a bit and still be fine I think.

SameOld
June 24, 2009, 04:43 PM

I don't like gag manga myself (Inumaru is one of my least favorite current series in WSJ) but the reason I don't want this new one to succeed has nothing to do with that; it's just that the magazine happens to be too crowded with major and minor hits already, and the other two newcomers seem much more interesting to me. If one of the three needs to go (and at least one does, or else everyone's favorite bottom-dwellers will have to be sacrificed in their place), I'd choose the least interesting one.

Maxy Barnard
June 24, 2009, 04:51 PM
1 Gintama
2 One Piece
3 Inumaru
4 Sket Dance
5 Mago
6 Medaka
7 Reborn
8 Psyren
9 Kuroko
10 Bakuman
11 ToLoveRu

Okay, THIS is the lowest number of ranked series ever and..... wait... is this the best top 4 i've ever seen?

..... crap. Now i have no opinions left... this is it. the best week for me. heck reborn's even in the bottom 5..... ah man I'm in a good place right now

Finestela
June 24, 2009, 05:39 PM
..... crap. Now i have no opinions left... this is it. the best week for me. heck reborn's even in the bottom 5..... ah man I'm in a good place right now

Good God! Noodles speechless with this ToC!? :s:s:s:s:s
Are we seeing the end of the world!?!

StrangerAtaru
June 24, 2009, 06:23 PM
Good God! Noodles speechless with this ToC!? :s:s:s:s:s
Are we seeing the end of the world!?!

No, just a weird week thanks to Naruto and Bleach being unranked.

kewl0210
June 24, 2009, 06:52 PM
Also it's odd because Toriko is absent and Akaboshi is still unranked.

Finestela
June 24, 2009, 07:03 PM
Well... still... ranked or unranked, Gintama owned all of them :D If we have the real ranking for the CP's and absents, I'm pretty sure Gintama would still be at the top like it is ;)

Kaiten
June 24, 2009, 08:06 PM
I like gag, just not Jump gag :p If whatever this new series is fails, fine by me.

Elyon A. Luna
June 24, 2009, 08:18 PM
Mago is 5!

I'm seeing stars...

Why are Naruto and Bleach unranked?

Kaiten
June 24, 2009, 08:44 PM
Why are Naruto and Bleach unranked?

They get color this week.

Negative Syndicate
June 24, 2009, 10:16 PM
In my own opinion, three new series are going to be little difficult to become successful.

On Ane-Doki's case, Jump already has two romantic comedy series, Tolove-Ru and MedakaBox. Tolove-Ru already has pretty solid fan base, and MedakaBox is having a good start. So, I think three romantic comedy series are too much.

On Kagijin's case, Jump is master of battle manga, it alreday has about eleven battle mangas (including two hiatus series). I think there is no more space for extra battle manga.

On Wasshoi! Waji Mania's case, I think this series most likely be a gag-manga (well I might be wrong). Like other two new series, it has to compete against other gag mangas in Jump, like Gintama, KochiKame, Jaguar, Sket Dance, and Inumaru.

In conclusion, I think the editors should add series with genres that are not available in Jump, like mystery. Recently, Jump had a minor successful detective series, Neuro, so Jump should give more chance for mystery genre or other genres.

Kaiten
June 24, 2009, 10:30 PM
Don't know, Kawashita - sensei is a big enough draw that her last series got an anime a year after ending. Ane - Doki should last a while. The other two......well, we'll see.

Onomatopoeia
June 24, 2009, 11:08 PM
Gintama beats OP and gets first...

You know can anyone tell me when that last happened. I'm curious.

[Cross]
June 24, 2009, 11:29 PM
Dunno if I said it in my post: 8 chapters back was a combination of a color page and the beginning of the battle between Gintoki & Jiraia, which could explain the bizarre top rank this time. Strangely enough, a major battle of this magnitude brings readers in even if the content before in the arc doesn't.

This be the most probable reason. Still went a little overboard, but with Gintama, you never know.

Drmke
June 25, 2009, 12:09 AM
In conclusion, I think the editors should add series with genres that are not available in Jump, like mystery. Recently, Jump had a minor successful detective series, Neuro, so Jump should give more chance for mystery genre or other genres.

I completely agree. I mean hell, one (if not THE) most popular manga running in Sunday is Case Closed. If Jump could get even a half decent mystery manga going they could easily increase sales. But maybe a mystery with less supernatural elements which might be hard for the Jump audience but I would love to see it.

I mean even another sports manga would be better than over-piling the magazine with ten manga of the same general genre.

Rejuvenation
June 25, 2009, 12:12 AM
^Well to be fair on the Sports side of things, they did serialize Meister, Kuroko, and Hoopmen this calendar year. Even though having 2 basketball manga at once wasn't a smart idea. That and it looks like Kuroko could possibly die just like Meister and Hoop.

Their next sports attempt might be in the next serialization round.

Drmke
June 25, 2009, 12:24 AM
^Well to be fair on the Sports side of things, they did serialize Meister, Kuroko, and Hoopmen this calendar year. Even though having 2 basketball manga at once wasn't a smart idea. That and it looks like Kuroko could possibly die just like Meister and Hoop.

Their next sports attempt might be in the next serialization round.

True but I'm just saying a sports manga would probably have a better chance at lasting than an action, romance/comedy, or gag which will have to compete against plenty on manga of the same genre that have already built up a decent fan-base.

Just seems like they would wanna mix it up a little.

Rejuvenation
June 25, 2009, 12:41 AM
True but I'm just saying a sports manga would probably have a better chance at lasting than an action, romance/comedy, or gag which will have to compete against plenty on manga of the same genre that have already built up a decent fan-base.

Just seems like they would wanna mix it up a little.

I guess it depends on what the current Jump readers that are voting and buying Tanks wants to read atm. The 3 most recent sports series haven't done well at all in comparison to ES21 and PoT. No need to even bring Slam Dunk's legend into the mix.

Neuro, despite being one of the better recent Jump series imo didn't have very high rankings either in its last 6 months or so.

I do agree that mixing it up more would be nice but if Jump's readership doesn't pay certain genres any mind atm we will probably keep seeing those genres die.

At least until someone capable comes along and blows the genre away or something.

Kaiten
June 25, 2009, 12:46 AM
P2 is the only recent sports series, since I've been following, that's lasted a year. Every thing else has, until Kuroko, has ended quickly. Jump's readers just don't like sports. The editors must be doing something right, WSJ is the only anthology that gains readers every quarter.

Drmke
June 25, 2009, 12:54 AM
The editors must be doing something right, WSJ is the only anthology that gains readers every quarter.

Well maybe if they continue to gain readers some of them will be willing to vote on a nice mystery series :P

pandaaqueen
June 25, 2009, 02:48 AM
Japanese Comic Ranking, June 15-21

8 - One Piece #54 by Eiichiro Oda // 100,442 // 1,550,859 Shueisha
15 - Bleach #39 by Tite Kubo // 49,131 // 716,711 Shueisha
24 - D.Gray-man #18 by Katsura Hoshino // 36,537 // 428,299 Shueisha

SSJWill4
June 25, 2009, 03:10 AM
Gintama beats OP and gets first...

You know can anyone tell me when that last happened. I'm curious.

The last legitimate win was Issue 19 of 2007
Bleach (cov, col)
Gintama
One Piece
Naruto
Reborn
Penguin
Eyeshield
Mx0
Bobobo-bo
Uchimizu Toru / Asklepios (one shot, col page; mangaka who did KAIN)
KochiKame
Samurai Usagi
To-LOVE
Neuro
PoT
Volleyball
Blue Dragon
P2!
Muhyo & Roji
Taizo
Jaguar
absent: HxH, D.Gray

It did get first more recently in issue 47 of 2008 when Naruto had the cover, but One Piece's manuscript was turned in late which penalized the ranking of the series.

Tru_TO
June 25, 2009, 03:24 AM
will Togashi ever finish Hunter X Hunter? i really wanna know since i'm a huge fan.

Heiji-sama
June 25, 2009, 03:50 AM
http://www.shueisha.co.jp/magazine/boyc/jpg/w_jump0515_h.jpeg

StrangerAtaru
June 25, 2009, 06:24 AM
The main problem is this: Jump wants sports series (since all shonen have them in their mag), their fan base (well whoever votes or buys the tanks) don't. For the most part I guess we're stuck with a "certain genre" cause that's pretty much what the people who buy Jump invest in. (but then again they are the youngest-skewing of the major mags so you would expect more flash compared to a reader/voter/buyer of Magazine or Sunday)

Finestela
June 25, 2009, 06:40 AM
Well... that's why Bakuman (damn it, we just can't get away from it, can we? :p) brought up the idea of having a detective series in WSJ! Since WSS has Conan and WSM has Kindaichi ;)

Tru_TO
June 25, 2009, 07:31 AM
i'd really like to see a detective mystery manga, but they got Kockikame already.

I got a question:
Do you think Togashi will finish Hunter X Hunter?

Finestela
June 25, 2009, 07:36 AM
I'm not sure how you would define "finish". I mean he can always cut it short and call it quits, and that would qualify as "finishing the series" also. Bottom line, it's all in his hands, and there's no telling what he would do.

One thing is for sure, though, that he's extremly unlikely to go back to the weekly serialization days and work full-time.

Hope that answers your question. (though, I'm pretty sure a lot of us has already expressed similar sentiments, given the number of times you've asked us :p)

Negative Syndicate
June 25, 2009, 07:45 AM
i'd really like to see a detective mystery manga, but they got Kockikame already.

Kochikame is more like gag manga than a detective manga.

StrangerAtaru
June 25, 2009, 08:02 AM
Kochikame a detective series...yeah, I can imagine it now: "Ryotsu and the case of the lost PSP"...

Onomatopoeia
June 25, 2009, 09:10 AM
What is your definition for a mystery manga exactly? I think our definitions differ.

I got a question:
Do you think Togashi will finish Hunter X Hunter?
Honestly? I don't think he ever will. It'll probably go down before its over just like YYH. Togashi is notoriously lazy and will probably just keep releasing chapters every 6 months and that is not enough to finish a series as big as HxH within the next decade or two. Their are way to many sub-plots.

Well I mean unless he decides to wrap it up in an extremely fast amount of time.

[Cross]
June 25, 2009, 09:17 AM
Honestly? I don't think he ever will. It'll probably go down before its over just like YYH. Togashi is notoriously lazy and will probably just keep releasing chapters every 6 months and that is not enough to finish a series as big as HxH within the next decade or two. Their are way to many sub-plots.

Well I mean unless he decides to wrap it up in an extremely fast amount of time.

Speaking of which, what's his excuse for this hiatus this time?

Onomatopoeia
June 25, 2009, 09:19 AM
;1420185']Speaking of which, what's his excuse for this hiatus this time?

What video games have recently come out in Japan?

Then I can give you the answer.

Seriously though? I don't think he gave a reason.

Negative Syndicate
June 25, 2009, 09:35 AM
What video games have recently come out in Japan?

Then I can give you the answer.

Seriously though? I don't think he gave a reason.

I have a quick question about Togashi. How the news about Togashi is busy playing game so he stopped writing HunterXHunter actually came from or how does this news actually started?

Also I found a thread about ranking on next issue in 2ch.

予告順

絵大 あねどきっ/河下水希(新連載)
Ane-DOki/Kawashita Mizuki(New Series)
絵 鰤/わんぴ/なると/べるぜ/バクマン。
Bleach/One Piece/Naruto/Beelzebub/Bakuman

スケット/いぬ/ぬらり
Sket Dance/InumaruDashi/Nurarihyon no Mago
トリコ/めだか/リボン
Toriko/MedakaBox/Reborn
黒子/亀
Kuroko no Basket/KochiKame
赤星/吟玉/サイレン
Akaboshi/Gintama/Psyren
とらぶる/ジャガー
Tolove_ru/Jaguar

I'm not sure this thread is true, but if this ranking is true, Kuroko finally escape from bottom 5, but Akaboshi drop to bottom 5 instead on its first ranking. In addition, Gintama massively drop down first place to bottom 5.

Koshi_Inaba
June 25, 2009, 09:58 AM
Wow, it's really surprising. Mago and Sket are starting to become more popular, but Psyren is suffering, I hope it can escape from the basement.

◆ T.D.A ◆
June 25, 2009, 10:00 AM
I don't get that ranking, why is it laid out like that? and why would Bleach be above OP.

Negative Syndicate
June 25, 2009, 10:02 AM
I don't get that ranking, why is it laid out like that? and why would Bleach be above OP.

Actually, Bleach and Beelzebub are getting a colour (on two in a row), so they are unranked.

[Cross]
June 25, 2009, 10:09 AM
Can we really get a ranking so soon? If so, why the hell did Gintama take a Bakuman-esque drop from top to bottom. Sorta unbelievable that Akaboshi bombed badly.

Koshi_Inaba
June 25, 2009, 10:15 AM
If it is true, it just prove that Bakuman is the extreme example of yo-yoing. I'm so glad Mago start to rank high again, if it keep like that and rarely drop to the bottom, we don't have to worry about cancellation. With jump pimping beelze like that, we can expect it to have high sales for the first volume.
The only question is, can it sustained it's popularity after the Tohoshinki arc is over?

StrangerAtaru
June 25, 2009, 10:19 AM
It's too skety, particularly since we just got this week's TOC yesterday. Wait and see...

◆ T.D.A ◆
June 25, 2009, 10:20 AM
Might just have been a prediction posted on 2ch.

kewl0210
June 25, 2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah those things tend to be not REALLY accurate, with the grouping.

Negative Syndicate
June 25, 2009, 10:44 AM
If the ranking are false (which I also believe), it actually well made. Compare to other false rankings, which are very easy to distinguish, I almost fell for that this ranking was real.
[hr]
Also, everyone doesn't believe this ranking may be due to that Gintama collapse to bottom 5. However, I think, during Jiraia arc, ranking was went up and down and up and down. So, I think that readers are either really like Jiraia arc or really hate it.

Koshi_Inaba
June 25, 2009, 10:52 AM
Yeah, especially that they make the ranking (if it is fake) while staying true to the guidelines(To-Love-Ru and Jaguar always bottom). BTW, is the reason that jaguar is unranked because it is selling very highly?

Koen
June 25, 2009, 11:07 AM
That ranking is definitely a joke: akaboshi isn't even rated next week. It's medaka that'll be rated. But yeah with hoop men gone it's possible some jojoing series will get faster in the basement than expected

Finestela
June 25, 2009, 11:10 AM
Erm... it's not the ToC that we know (or care), but the order the series are listed on the "next issue preview page".

And, just so you know, it'll be in the same order on the English WSJ site as well, in the "next issue" section.

The "予告順" already says that it's the "order of preview".

Negative Syndicate
June 25, 2009, 11:11 AM
That ranking is definitely a joke: akaboshi isn't even rated next week. It's medaka that'll be rated. But yeah with hoop men gone it's possible some jojoing series will get faster in the basement than expected

Actually, Akaboshi is having their actual ranking next week. Although, I don't want to see Akaboshi falls down. :(

SameOld
June 25, 2009, 11:12 AM
That ranking is definitely a joke: akaboshi isn't even rated next week. It's medaka that'll be rated.

Actually, Medaka was ranked this week; next one is indeed Akaboshi's turn.

As for this TOC, it seems to me like an Akaboshi hater trying to scare its fans. Just that.

Estranho
June 25, 2009, 11:12 AM
That ranking is definitely a joke: akaboshi isn't even rated next week. It's medaka that'll be rated.
Not really. Medaka was ranked this week.

Koen
June 25, 2009, 11:20 AM
ah well if it'll be ranked next week then still: I think that this so called ToC is based on those lines in the box on the preview page (like finestela said) I thought so too it had a link with the ToC but it doesn't have one at all. I have posted this months before (with the question if it could have been confirmed but it wasn't after I saw the ToC). so no worries guys

Finestela
June 25, 2009, 11:39 AM
Case in point:
This is the "next issue preview page" for 2009-31, in 2009-30

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/Finestela/Misc/Preview2009-31.png

And, for those who at least knows the Japanese title of the series, compare the picture with the next issue preview list on the WSJ site:

http://shonenjump.com/e/weeklyshonenjump/next.html

And then compare it with the actual ToC for 2009-31, provided by Himajin:

TOC, by Himajin:

2009-31

Naruto (Cover + Lead CP)
Gintama
One Piece
Inumaru
Sket Dance
Lock On (One-shot, CP)
Mago
Akaboshi
Hetappi Manga Kengyuujo
Bleach (CP)
Medaka
Reborn
Beelze (CP)
Kochi Kame
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoop (Final)
Jaguar

The "order of next issue preview" is almost always being posted in 2ch... and there's a reason why I don't bring it here... It's pointless other than using it to know what's on WSJ next week, as well as the CP info, etc.

And the CP/hiatus info is already provided by Ko-neta anyway, so even less reason to do that.

Negative Syndicate
June 25, 2009, 11:52 AM
I think preview from WSJ site are just showing which series going to be in next issue, with sorted randonmly, like Jaguar is not on the bottom. However, preview from 2ch is sorted actually formal order, like Jaguar and Tolove-Ru are on the bottom. Plus, order is actually sorted in pretty confidence enough to belive, like recently yo-yoing Gintama and Bakuman, One Piece and Naruto are always on top, Inumaru is on top 5 recently, Psyren recently moved back to lower middle or bottom, Reborn is also in middle place of late, Kuroko had been hanging around lower middle and bottom 5.

But, I also think the ranking is fake.

Finestela
June 25, 2009, 12:09 PM
I think preview from WSJ site are just showing which series going to be in next issue, with sorted randonmly, like Jaguar is not on the bottom.

For the last time, no, it's not sorted randomly. It's sorted exactly according to the preview page in the magazine.

And the "ToC" you're referring to isn't a ToC, but rather what's written on the preview page in the 2009-31 WSJ magazine, regarding what is going to be in 2009-32. The Japanese text inside the quote, the "予告順", says it already.

予告 = Preview
順 = Order

How can you call something "fake" when it's not the thing you think it is?

So please, I believe I've explained it pretty clear. Stop making false assumptions over an established fact.

StrangerAtaru
June 25, 2009, 12:19 PM
It's a godo idea to never have anyone put the "next issue" order, cause it just shows what's in the mag. It's been a while since I've looked at the "next issue" (mostly since I've sort of been on the out with weekly mags as of late) but it almost never goes into the real order, just "what will be in there". It's great to know when something is planned to be off (like Toriko last week), but not when something is sudden. (like OP is occasionally)

Maxy Barnard
June 25, 2009, 02:17 PM
For the last time, no, it's not sorted randomly. It's sorted exactly according to the preview page in the magazine.

And the "ToC" you're referring to isn't a ToC, but rather what's written on the preview page in the 2009-31 WSJ magazine, regarding what is going to be in 2009-32. The Japanese text inside the quote, the "予告順", says it already.

予告 = Preview
順 = Order

How can you call something "fake" when it's not the thing you think it is?

So please, I believe I've explained it pretty clear. Stop making false assumptions over an established fact.

They just aren't listening to you. It's like banging your head against a brick wall

Jabberwocky
June 25, 2009, 03:20 PM
A new manga like "Hikaru no Go" in Weekly Jump would be interesting.

Drmke
June 25, 2009, 04:11 PM
I'm glad that's not the TOC cause I refuse to believe Akaboshi can be that unpopular!!!

Jabberwocky
June 25, 2009, 04:17 PM
I'm glad that's not the TOC cause I refuse to believe Akaboshi can be that unpopular!!!

Stranger things have happened.

Gintama beating One Piece.
inumaru dashi in top 5
Psyren out of bottom 5 :p

unok-kun
June 25, 2009, 04:45 PM
Stranger things have happened.

Gintama beating One Piece.
inumaru dashi in top 5
Psyren out of bottom 5 :p

:notrust I'm gonna beat the crap outta you :laser

Well, anyway, Psyren isn't gonna be axed soon. For more info, read this (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1402805&postcount=43).

Drmke
June 25, 2009, 05:23 PM
Well, anyway, Psyren isn't gonna be axed soon. For more info, read this (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1402805&postcount=43).

YAY at least till Autumn! lol (hopefully much longer)

DeidaraGrimmjow
June 25, 2009, 07:45 PM
It's still not 100% Besides, Autumn is not that far off. It's only about 10 chapters or so. It would probably take at least that long for the story to come to an acceptable ending anyway. If it can hang on for about another year and gets enough material for an anime, then it will be safe. Until then, every cancellation period should be considered a countdown for the end.

SameOld
June 25, 2009, 08:24 PM
I'm quite sure Bakuman, ToLOVE and maybe even Sket will all end naturally before Psyren can get cut. Besides, two of the newcomers look like they won't hold up for too long (nor does Kuroko, sadly :( ) so Psyren does have a pretty decent chance of surviving for a year.

DeidaraGrimmjow
June 25, 2009, 08:52 PM
I hope you are right. I mean, there has to be some point where a manga lasts long enough to be safe even if it scores low in the TOC. If the volume numbers start increasing then that will help too. Anyway, which two newcomers do you think will fail?

Finestela
June 25, 2009, 09:33 PM
I hope you are right. I mean, there has to be some point where a manga lasts long enough to be safe even if it scores low in the TOC. If the volume numbers start increasing then that will help too. Anyway, which two newcomers do you think will fail?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the two other than Kawashita :p

Kaiten
June 25, 2009, 09:36 PM
Better not be talking about Kawashita. Don't jinx her :p

If Kagajin is cliche action, it will fail. There's to much competition. If, like Toriko and Psyren, it has more to offer it has a chance. Jump seems to go easy on gag so I think the third series should last at least till November.

Jabberwocky
June 25, 2009, 09:40 PM

Sounds like wishful thinking. Why waste paper if the series is going to continually rank low and not be able to compensate for that in volume sales.