PDA

View Full Version : Question Why did Kato only get 100 points?

Revilenigma
November 27, 2008, 03:10 PM
Aliens he sent up:
1 eye 2 arm eating alien: probably 3 points
lil frog: 1 maybe
Big brother ogre frog: 10 probably
Nurarhion: 100 pts

together he shouldve gooten about 114 points. did gantz change the rules so you can only get 100 point limit.:blink

Kozar927
November 27, 2008, 05:54 PM
ah thats right you joined us after we had this discussion.

all though their is no way to say for shure we all agreed you can only get 100 points per match

a few members looked through the whole manga agian and proved that noone has ever gotten more then 100 points in a single match so it seems to be the most logical explanation.

花男★
November 28, 2008, 02:55 AM
That or Hiroya f'ed up...

again.

Revilenigma
November 28, 2008, 11:14 AM
that seems to be the most logical answer, i remeber after the oni alien mission Kei got like 162 points or something but that was including the dino mission.

Kozar927
November 28, 2008, 08:07 PM
if you go back and do all the math you will see that noone ever was credited for more then 100 points in a single mission

Masterchief
November 29, 2008, 12:22 AM
yea izumi also proved this point

JediKnight
January 31, 2009, 05:52 PM
You can get over 100pts and whatever is left over gets banked.
Like Reika she had 102 points she used a wish and has only 2pts.
It was probably a mistake on the author's part. Hey it happens sometimes.

ssjasper2003
January 31, 2009, 07:45 PM
Question is are there any aliens over 100 points. Like the heroin addict showed the aliens and the points they were worth. You can kill 100s of them & gain points that way since the osaka mission was filled with them. If I remember correctly doesnt gantz take away the points if you fail to kill the boss or was that only for the dino mission?

BigCamaro
January 31, 2009, 09:04 PM
You can get over 100pts and whatever is left over gets banked.
Like Reika she had 102 points she used a wish and has only 2pts.
It was probably a mistake on the author's part. Hey it happens sometimes.

but some of those points were gained in other missions.
The thing is in one mission it seems like you can only get 100 pts max, but that'll be added to what you had before.
could b wrong tho?

JediKnight
January 31, 2009, 09:34 PM
If you fail a mission or time is up you lose your points. Like when Kurono failed to kill all of those short musclebound aliens he lost his points he earned
from the budha mission.

Amigo!
February 01, 2009, 03:47 AM
hahaha i think the new mission will finally put all of this to the test those aliens look uber strong hahaha i cant stop thinking how brutal it will be...

Masterchief
February 01, 2009, 11:08 AM
yea in one mission the max you can get is 100 points, everything other then that is discarded or something. Seeing as you can only get 100, I doubt there are monsters worth more then 100, which also means the power level of 100 pointers can differ hugely.

Amigo!
February 02, 2009, 04:40 PM
ok but since gantz is on the fritz and the big showdown is coming up if there was a pt cap it will probably go out the window this will be oku's way of making it possible for the gantzer to have stronger weapons and be even able to survive.

Masterchief
February 02, 2009, 05:43 PM
sincerely doubt so, gantz has never IMO seemed to be about fairness. its more of a game, if gantz wanted it to be fair he couldve just gave the whole tokyo team an 100 point weapon. And wouldnt the italian hunt be the big showdown?

Amigo!
February 03, 2009, 06:54 AM
no it says at the begin of 289 or 290 i dont remember but it says something like "a mission before katastrophe?!"

Revilenigma
February 05, 2009, 01:36 PM
no, kurono needed to kill the boss cause he knew that if they waited for the timer to expire they would all have to get 15 points next mission and it would just never end

gantz8213
February 11, 2009, 09:52 PM
well i think that you CAN get 100+ points in one mission if you score like 200, if this is correct then it would be safe to assume there are aliens stronger then Nuri (which there has to be) or maybe if the whole team teams up on a alien worth 500 points and 5 people survive and did equal amount of dmg on it then maybe instead of what happend with nuri (where host samuri got screwed over in the fact kauto got the points when he made it possible) each member gets 100 points. This supports both theroys... but i would assume that you may only get to keep the roll over points if gantz likes you, as he does play favorites and does stuff that makes things interesting...like i would bet gantz would let izumi get 200 points in a match because he knows he will get weapons not reviving or leaving...

Amigo!
February 12, 2009, 04:09 AM
i wonder why gantz even gives people the option to leave or revive its not fitting with his personality at all...??

gantz8213
February 12, 2009, 07:10 AM
cuz some people my just comitt sucide if they ciouldn't get out...seriously, if you didin't want to be there and theres no way out, youd prob kill your self or do what nishi did or let the aliens kill you...and that would bore gantz, so if you have a goal then you may try harder...as for reviving best quess is that he wants the people to make a uber-team...

Revilenigma
February 12, 2009, 01:39 PM
the revivng is probably also to help inspire people to become stronger, look at kei, he became the powerhouse he is today cause he wanted to revive everyone

Amigo!
February 13, 2009, 01:21 AM
well that makes sense but i doubt oku thought all that out before hand i bet he just wanted a way to bring kei and katou back...

Revilenigma
February 13, 2009, 11:53 AM
oku is pretty half-assed but i dont think hes that half-assed

Amigo!
February 14, 2009, 03:30 AM
idk...well see how half-assed he is when katastophe happens.

gantz8213
February 15, 2009, 04:13 PM
ok i don't understand how his 'half-assed'...maybe i missed a topic as i'm new. Sure there's a few plot holes but all manga have them...even death note....please re-direct me to a debate that explains why his so half-assed or just tell me yourself...

Tumerking
February 23, 2009, 10:45 PM
Very good point. Somewhere in previous chapters Oku whote in a chapter heading something like "You are weak if you don't have someone to protect/defend, someone to fight for". As we have seen, both Kurono and Katou could psych up (to get the full benefits of the Gantz suit) the best when they were fighting for someone, not for the points.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Kurono was kicking major ass in the Buddah mission right? And he was only fighting for the rush he got when he killed aliens. Izumi also kicked major vampire ass on mulitple occasions, and he wasn't fighting for anyone either.

On a completely unrealted note: I've had a theory for a while that you loose points depending on how many limbs you loose during a mission or how damaged you are. This would explain why katou only got 100 points during the Nuri mission, and why Kurono only got 8 points during the Buddah mission when the 2 aliens he killed were obviously worth more than that.

Tanaka = 5 and 100 foot tall statue = 4/5? And the big red and green statues were worth the same as the onion alien dad? I don't think so.

winterwyrm
February 23, 2009, 11:55 PM
we confirmed that there's a 100pt max per mission though^^

Bunzing
February 24, 2009, 03:36 AM
On a completely unrealted note: I've had a theory for a while that you loose points depending on how many limbs you loose during a mission (...)

If that were the case I think the old man should be in an oka suit by now xD

Damura
February 24, 2009, 06:52 AM
If that were the case I think the old man should be in an oka suit by now xD

He said lose points, not gain points....

Bunzing
February 24, 2009, 04:35 PM
He said lose points, not gain points....
My mistake, sorry.

Revilenigma
April 03, 2009, 02:35 PM
now I know why, the Y-gun gets you no points, Tanaka Alien Mission Kei gets 38 points, Tanaka Aliens are each worth 5 and the boss is worth 8, 6 were in the building and were all killed by kei: http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=gantz&chapter=gantz-47&page_nr=8, the boss was killed by kei 30 + 8 = 38

okay but what about this tanaka: http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=gantz&chapter=gantz-41&page_nr=4, it should have been 43 points.

so I guess there might not be a 100 point limit afterall, it seems you can't get points with the Y-gun, which kato used on all the aliens except Nururihyon. But what I wonder is...

What the hell is the Y-gun for?

digitaldude
April 03, 2009, 03:31 PM
nishi got points for sending onion father up.

teh100pointer
April 03, 2009, 03:33 PM
What's up with the oni alien? Nishi got 3 points, after sending it away with the Y-Gun.
nice timeing dude:)

BrazilianGantzer
April 03, 2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah; Katastrophe is about 2 days away, still....of course, in this 2 day period, there's always the possibility that Gantz throws in another small mission like the Italy hunt for the Gantzers to get a few more points before Katastrophe.

The Y-Gun can be seen as an "easy way" to take out targets. I mean...for most aliens, once you've caught them, they're practically in the bag. Capture them and send them up; easy.

GAT-X252
April 03, 2009, 07:05 PM
lol no.

According to one of those lines at the beggining of the chapters, this was the "Last mission before the catastrophe".

Revilenigma
April 04, 2009, 08:00 AM
the Y-gun worked in the onion alien mission but not the tanaka mission... weird, Oku must of messed up again.

Damura
April 04, 2009, 09:44 AM
The Y-gun worked in both missions. What happened was that the aliens were hiding inside little robot suit things. Katou captured the suit with the Y-gun, and thus earned no points for it.
[hr]

On a completely unrealted note: I've had a theory for a while that you loose points depending on how many limbs you loose during a mission or how damaged you are. This would explain why katou only got 100 points during the Nuri mission, and why Kurono only got 8 points during the Buddah mission when the 2 aliens he killed were obviously worth more than that.

Tanaka = 5 and 100 foot tall statue = 4/5? And the big red and green statues were worth the same as the onion alien dad? I don't think so.

Think about it. What's more likely? A limit of 100 points per mission, or losing the exact points needed to leave Katou earning only 100 points because he lost a leg or two. Besides, there have been no inconsistencies between what two people earn (e.g. everyone seems to earn the same points for each enemy they kill regardless of damage taken, (Tanaka mission)).

BrazilianGantzer
April 04, 2009, 09:45 AM
I agree, Damura. Just like in Thousand Arms mission when Katou sent up the Thousand Arms Statue and not the second from of the alien. If he hadn't died, he only would have scored points for killing the 6 armed alien with glasses and none for sending up the empty Thousand Arms statue.

Revilenigma
April 04, 2009, 10:07 AM
kato didn't use the Y-gun it was kei. But yeah it does make sense cause he only sent up the bird and not the robot suit. (Gantz is such an asshole)

GAT-X252
April 04, 2009, 11:51 AM
Katou captured the suit with the Y-gun, and thus earned no points for it.

Kato never captured a Tanaka Alien suit, he just killed one Tanaka alien by hitting it. It was Kei who sended the first Tanaka alien, and it was the bird itself, not the suit.

Is still debated why no one got points for that alien...

EDIT: I think the 40 points that Hoi Hoi received were originally Kato's points for killing the one eyed alien, that giant with the Tail and the frog.

It could explain why Inaba also got 10 points in the Oni mission without killing any alien...someone got more than 100 points and the points were transfered to him...he didn't have the same luck in the next mission.

Revilenigma
April 04, 2009, 12:43 PM
so basically gantz is most likely cheating or glitching and fucking up. nishi did say "gantz is real half-assed guy".

BrazilianGantzer
April 04, 2009, 02:50 PM
Well, I gotta agree. Gantz IS a half-assed guy...unless Gantz gave Inaba points for hiding, trying to look good and/or screwing the fake Reika! :D

georgemarvin
April 04, 2009, 09:06 PM
Reika got 100 points exactly for the Oni mission; she shot the shape changer Oni boss that had taken dozens of X-gun hits, and could turn into anything from a copy of her to an elephant, at the same time that Kei cut its head off. Gantz obviously gave her the points for that boss; Kei only got like 37 points for the whole mission, and the Old Man had counted 22 kills on his part early in the mission. She also killed about 10 of the 1-point soldiers in a hallway, so Inaba probably got her extra 10 points.

It would make sense that Hoi Hoi got Katou's extra points. That big alien Katou killed should have been in that range.

kaliayev
April 04, 2009, 10:46 PM
What the hell is the Y-gun for?

...They're sent to the big ball in order to create another army. If gantz ultimately wants a powerful army for his own ends, it would make sense. He'd need the hunters in order to give him access to alien corpses. By incorporating aliens, he could control them through his "domestication" system. I mean, he took a number of risks with the offer to Izumi and certainly disregarded ethical problems for the sake of good hunters. Better hunters means better alien samples. Besides, we now have precedence for gantz working with aliens. If this is what katastrophe is, I'm gonna piss my pants. Plus, it would help explain how they've "finished," even though there are still plenty of aliens roaming about.
[hr]

It would make sense that Hoi Hoi got Katou's extra points. That big alien Katou killed should have been in that range.

Wow, you're making gantz sound awfully generous. It would help explain things, though.

Revilenigma
April 05, 2009, 07:52 AM
She also killed about 10 of the 1-point soldiers in a hallway

I'm pretty sure that they're worth about 5 points each, it's possible that inaba and the rapists ran into some of the mini-onis and inaba being inaba, he probably just shot in any random direction and killed 2 by accident thinking that the rapists probably did it.
[hr]
if you look back at the giant frog ogre thing kato used the y-gun on, only the head was transferred, perhaps what happened was that hoi-hoi came walking by and took a swipe at the body for some reason and getting kato's points for it.

Wrath
April 06, 2009, 04:52 AM
It doesn't make any sense that lots of people would go from low point totals to 100+ points in the Oni mission, and yet Kurono who had a high point total going into it would come out with a total not that much higher than anyone else's. Not when he consistently scores more than anyone else.

In my opinion for whatever reason Gantz reset everyone's points for the Oni mission, and they all started from zero. Possibly this has something to do with the timer disappearing and them becoming visible (plus the penalty for people seeing them being removed) on the normal fequency. That way you can see that Kurono once again earned far more points than anyone else.

Everyone split up in the mission and even before the bosses showed up there was a discussion about everyone earning 100 points, so presumably everyone killed a vast number of the regular Oni aliens.

Revilenigma
April 06, 2009, 07:31 AM
that would be extremely unlikely because if there were a 100 point score limit kei and izumi wouldn't have the scores they got, the reason for izumi and kei's low scores is probably because they didn't run into as many enemies as the rest, dont forget that the oldman was with kei so he took about half the points and izumi was the one who killed the boss not kei so he got squat.

JediKnight
April 07, 2009, 05:43 PM
I think gantz starts to malfunction during the Osaka mission. That's
way Katou only got 100pts.

roxas_strife2
April 22, 2009, 10:55 AM
You can only get 100pts per mission. That's just the point cap. It doesn't necessarily mean that one can't accumulate more than 100pts over a multiple missions, but it does mean that they can only get 100pts per mission.

The only thing about this that puzzles me is Izumi's from when he left the room. He had exactly 100pts. I wish they would make a side story prequel of Izumi and Nishi's experiences.

Revilenigma
April 22, 2009, 02:58 PM
My theory on that is that he only fought and beat a 100 pointer in that mission and lost all his points in the last mission for losing against the vampires.

roxas_strife2
April 22, 2009, 03:07 PM
I figure it's either coincidence or he actually killed a 100pter. I've questioned what happened with the vampires back then a lot too. I mean, I assume there was a lot of killing on his part, but he must have left quite the impression if he was the example they used to warn the beginners about the hunters. xD

Either that or he and that other guy were the only examples they could find. Now that we know Gantz is international I wonder if the vamps are too.

Revilenigma
April 22, 2009, 03:32 PM
I'm sure there has to be some in europe.

BrazilianGantzer
April 23, 2009, 11:51 AM
I'm sure there has to be some in europe.

Sorry, some what? I'm unsure what you're referring to.;)

Revilenigma
April 23, 2009, 01:07 PM
Sorry, some what? I'm unsure what you're referring to.;)

my bad (should have quoted from roxas_strife2), I was talking about the vampires, If they have some in Japan then there must be some in Europe.

BrazilianGantzer
April 23, 2009, 02:00 PM
Oh! I get it now!:amuse

I also think there must be an enormous vamp comunity outside Japan.

roxas_strife2
April 23, 2009, 05:52 PM
It's hard to tell because the vamps we've seen act like Yakuza, and if the other communities reflected other famous mafias or gangs then I can't see them cooperating well with each other or many of them even wanting to be affiliated with one another. I bet there are vampires around the world, but I doubt they all associate with each other as collectives or could be considered a single collective. I want to know all about them really. Just understanding how their hierarchy works would be nice. The vampires really are one of the biggest mysteries in Gantz... The only thing we can really say we know as a solid is that they exist due to nano machines.