PDA

View Full Version : Complete Akumetsu by Tabata Yoshiaki & Yugo Yuuki (v18)

paradoxe
November 30, 2008, 06:36 AM
Anyone else read this manga? Can't believe there isn't a thread for this already..

Its really good actually, a little like Death Note. I finished all 64 scanlated chapters on Onemanga today..can't wait till the next comes out.

:p

hlcws
November 30, 2008, 08:53 AM
I've just read 11 chapters. Don't like it.
Too simple and one-dimensional, with all the cliché and immature stereotypes.

More like Zorro than Death Note, really.

paradoxe
November 30, 2008, 09:01 AM
Guess you have to read further..=/

Its really not cliched..and has a lot more depth compared to the likes of Death Note and Code Geass..

eni
November 30, 2008, 12:46 PM
Moved this manga from seinen to shounen :p

Also added the complete status, volume count and the mangaka names to the thread title^^

Stop
November 30, 2008, 01:08 PM
I think you mean death note is a little like akumetsu it came out first...

paradoxe
December 02, 2008, 10:11 AM
It works both ways. And I know which came out first :P

I'm pretty sure this series is Seinen. Just check out the amount of violence and blood in it, the fact that it is aimed at adult population and also features some pretty mature ideas..

eni
December 02, 2008, 10:25 AM
I'm pretty sure this series is Seinen. Just check out the amount of violence and blood in it, the fact that it is aimed at adult population and also features some pretty mature ideas..
The content of a manga has nothing to say about the official demographic and violence is no indicator for being seinen. There are plenty of non-violent and even fluffy romance seinen :p

Akumetsu was serialized in Weekly Shounen Champion which is, as the name indicates, a shounen magazine. Manga get merely classified by the magazine or imprint, not by the actual content. The Japanese demographics are not an age ranking systems per se. You can see it as mature shounen, if you want. Shounen can be targeting younger and older teenage boys. There are even very bloody and mature shoujo manga (rape, prostitution, murder) for older girls which can't be compared to the highschool fluff romance for the younger female audience.

paradoxe
December 07, 2008, 07:29 PM
Series Info
Title: Akumetsu
OM Rank: 66
Categories: action, seinen

Its aimed at younger adults, so its seinen isn't it?

No matter :P

Wow can't believe noone reads this.

eni
December 07, 2008, 07:43 PM
Its aimed at younger adults, so its seinen isn't it?
It's aimed at (older) teenage boys. Onemanga classifieds it incorrectly. A manga running in a shounen magazine is a shounen ^^

There is, however, even a difference in shounen magazines. Some aim at younger boys, some at older and thus can feature quite mature series which come close to manga for young adults. As I said, don't confuse the demographics with age ranking. It's not the same and most importantly says nothing about the quality of the manga.

Wow can't believe noone reads this.
Hm, I can sticky it as featured manga next month. Remind me on it, please >.<

Darek Khort
December 16, 2008, 03:22 AM
I can't believe it either. When Akumetsu was first put on OneManga I had started reading it and was keeping up with it. I forgot about it after a few months of intense exams and just got back to it this week reading up to the current chapter. I totally love Akumetsu, and so can you!

Currently though it seems pretty wacked. I don't know how Shou is going to get people to like Akumetsu after all those head-explosions. Plus I really want to see people's reactions once they find out that Akumetsu is but one person. :o

P.S. - MH's database also says Seinen;
http://mangahelpers.com/m/akumetsu

Because a large part of the entries were done by section, so this one was done when it was still wrong in seinen. Corrected.

paradoxe
December 28, 2008, 05:58 AM
Which groups are currently scanlating this?

;D

tradedaemon
December 29, 2008, 04:20 PM
Izumo no Ryuu/Manga Downloads/At translations

They're downloadable here http://iryuu.net/p_akumetsu.php

kaostheory
January 01, 2009, 11:45 PM
This is a great mange much more intriguing than Death Note simply because you have no idea of what this guy is going to do next because you barely know him. This manga has very little character development but when reading this you just want to know what he does next and just how gory it will be. This manga with its logic sorta makes me want to do a Akumetsu right now on bank managers.

paradoxe
January 07, 2009, 02:52 AM

So can we feature this? =)

eni
January 08, 2009, 07:10 PM
*sticks as featured completed series for January*

^^

Darek Khort
February 05, 2009, 08:36 PM
Woo! Featured! (although I don't like the current talking-no-fighting chapters. :< )

tradedaemon
February 13, 2009, 01:05 PM
I tend to like them, then it just makes the action all the more awesome. Plus, we get to see just how evil the politicians are, and then feel even more justified at them dieing.

paradoxe
February 14, 2009, 06:04 AM
I wonder whether real life politics is like this.

tradedaemon
February 14, 2009, 12:21 PM
I was just reading an article in the New York times i think, about a girl who made a mock myspace page to make fun of her vice principle, for a laugh. She got sentenced to 3 months in juvie. Turns out, the judge that sentenced her and another had accepted a bunch of money from two corrections institutions to have the judges send kids to their facilities. So yes, pretty close I think.

sabret00the
December 13, 2009, 02:59 PM
I'm guessing my last reply wasn't deemed significant enough for this thread so I'll try again.

I'm absolutely loving this manga and raving about it to anyone that will listen. The things that it's talking about aren't only plaguing Japan, but they're plauging economies the world over. Even at my current age, I find myself somewhat envious of the chance Japan has been given. I'm most certainly want to see this made into a movie and hitters cinemas in the west. It's a lot of thinking that can be done. When we look at what the bankers are doing and will be allowed to do again, it's sad and this manga deals with that. It inspires everyone to want to take responsibility. Do I support the course of action that was taken in this manga? Hell Yeah!

Can't wait to see how it finishes, 152 came out yesterday btw.

tradedaemon
December 18, 2009, 07:06 AM
And vol 18 today

sabret00the
December 18, 2009, 11:17 AM
Just seen it on OM, can't wait to start reading it.
[hr]
fantastic ending. wonderfully fulfilling.

halfcrzy
December 19, 2009, 07:38 PM
That was a really bittersweet ending. I've been keeping up with akumetsu now for close to a year and its one of the few manga that i actually was anxious for the next chapter. I've read the last 11 releases or so like 3 times over just because im sort of sad that its actually over. im STILL waiting for shou to be like SURPRISE! that was to see if the society could do it on its own, and im back to help. Haha that sounded terrible but i know its bad just how he died off. Totally noticed with that one last plant left.. it might be possible to bring akumetsu back for a sequel.. not sure if thats a good thing.. but damn ill miss this manga. needs an A N I M E

Pavitre
December 20, 2009, 05:36 AM
First post in this manga topic.
This has been probably my most fav manga till date, everything about ti, the story, the action has been just spectacular. If you've got superpowers this is exactly how you should finish things off, right there and then type of justice. S yeah like one of hte guys said above I too support the type of actions Akumetsu aka Shou did.
One thing though, I thought that, the yakuza guy, the guy who was heavily built and had a face like a lion, the one who was the underling of the aged yakuza boss(I hope you get who I mean), I thought there would be a fighting scene between him and Akumetsu seeing as how he looked strong and all, like a final boss scene.
The ending of the manga was sad though, I mean to do so much and suddenly disappear like that.
How come a Prime Minister of a country was living in the slums like that, he should still've been helping to change the country even if he wasn't the PM anymore, that i thought was a little disrespectful to the memory of akumetsu.
Still can someone explain the ending to me it looked like Shou did something in the end to save Shina's life?? He did some sort of transfer thing, can someone plz explain what happened there?

Unholy
December 20, 2009, 08:04 AM
First post in this manga topic.
This has been probably my most fav manga till date, everything about ti, the story, the action has been just spectacular. If you've got superpowers this is exactly how you should finish things off, right there and then type of justice. S yeah like one of hte guys said above I too support the type of actions Akumetsu aka Shou did.
One thing though, I thought that, the yakuza guy, the guy who was heavily built and had a face like a lion, the one who was the underling of the aged yakuza boss(I hope you get who I mean), I thought there would be a fighting scene between him and Akumetsu seeing as how he looked strong and all, like a final boss scene.
The ending of the manga was sad though, I mean to do so much and suddenly disappear like that.
How come a Prime Minister of a country was living in the slums like that, he should still've been helping to change the country even if he wasn't the PM anymore, that i thought was a little disrespectful to the memory of akumetsu.
Still can someone explain the ending to me it looked like Shou did something in the end to save Shina's life?? He did some sort of transfer thing, can someone plz explain what happened there?
That one is easy, they keep reserching how to clone other people even after the kid with the disease died and they finally perfected it.So Shou placed an akumetsu mask on the girls face so she could keep her memories and made a clone of her so she could live on and he used his body as nutrients for the clone to grown so he is gonna be a part of her until the day she dies.The Prime Minister is living in the slums as a form of repentment for not changing the country in a way he is punishing himself for being useless.

Pavitre
December 20, 2009, 08:57 AM
That one is easy, they keep reserching how to clone other people even after the kid with the disease died and they finally perfected it.So Shou placed an akumetsu mask on the girls face so she could keep her memories and made a clone of her so she could live on and he used his body as nutrients for the clone to grown so he is gonna be a part of her until the day she dies.The Prime Minister is living in the slums as a form of repentment for not changing the country in a way he is punishing himself for being useless.

okay, yea i remember Shou explaining that in the last chapter. But man even efter Akumetsu did so much and most died in the end still the country didnt change, and now most ppl just remember it as a legend or a myth. the changes should have actually taken place in the country, then I would've been satisfied

shouryuujo
December 21, 2009, 09:55 AM
i dont know why they couldnt clone more of them. i guess they couldve done it if they wanted but didnt? I think there may be other "shous" around the world but it is irrelevant now eh?

sabret00the
December 24, 2009, 07:15 AM
The big question now is, what's similar?

Unholy
December 25, 2009, 09:15 PM
i dont know why they couldnt clone more of them. i guess they couldve done it if they wanted but didnt? I think there may be other "shous" around the world but it is irrelevant now eh?

Yes they could make more clones, the thing is they couldnt make anymore clones on the time limit they set, remember they said the prime minister had a month and they were beting their lifes and all that.They were planning to end their existence on the time limit thats why they blew up the clone laboratory and all of them dief if they wanted they could have lived forever akumetsing people but they choose not to.

Bugzee
October 03, 2010, 06:13 PM
I loved reading this manga.

Seriously, great stuff! Once we witnessed Akumetsu appearing in several instances and places at the same time; I was thinking that it would be later revealed as some kind super power/ability. I'm glad I was wrong and it wasn't the case at all. The Shou clones were an interesting concept.

It's definitely a top manga to read imo. Full of action, hilarious at times, thought-provoking and an all round entertaining read. The ending was great but very tragic imo.

Akumetsu by Tabata Yoshiaki & Yugo Yuuki; definitely one to remember. :thumbs