PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sexy Randal 105
December 06, 2008, 10:41 PM
http://www.shueisha.co.jp/magazine/boyc/jpg/w_jump0489_h.jpeg

Kuroko no Basket by Tadatoshi Fujimaki (http://mangahelpers.com/m/kurokonobasket)
Use this link to search for raws, translations and scanlations easily!
Series begins in WSJ 2009 #2 (release date 15 Dec 2008)

About the series:
Teikou middle school Basketball Club, a super strong school with more than 100 club members, boasting several successive championship wins. But even in that glorious history, there is still a team that can without fail be called the “strongest”... A generation with five players with a talent like you would see once in ten years, called the “Generation of Miracles”

But... There was a strange rumor about the “Generation of Miracles”. Despite nobody knowing him and not being in any match records, there was still one more person the 5 geniuses acknowledged as superior... The phantom, sixth player: Kuroko

When he joins the high school basketball team, everyone is surprised to find out that he is small, weak, and easy to miss. What is the secret that makes him so strong, and how will he help his high school team?

About the Author:
N/A

Hijacking the thread to add more info.

[hr]
New Basketball manga in WSJ. Will this be one of the new series to survive? More details as they come.

Right now the main character looks like he may be blind or something.

macros
December 09, 2008, 09:08 AM
raw is out. I like it. I'll wait the trans to a complete judgement e i hope that someone does quickly :-)
Btw, i was hoping that the main character was a point guard and i like the supporting char.

I like the draw, it seems very suitable to a basket manga.

Alexandrius
December 09, 2008, 12:08 PM
There is too many bad Basketball series out there. Of the ones I've read besides Slam Dunk, every single main character has been a shorty with speed, it's annoying. But it would be sweet with a new good sports manga.

Tensai_Sakuragi
December 09, 2008, 12:22 PM
Anxiously waiting for a trans. This one seems great. ;)

There is too many bad Basketball series out there. Of the ones I've read besides Slam Dunk, every single main character has been a shorty with speed, it's annoying. But it would be sweet with a new good sports manga.

I know what you mean, but let´s face it: Slam Dunk is just TOO good.
It´s almost unfair to try to compare any other basketball manga with it. :amuse

Ahiru no Sora is quite interesting, though. Yeah, the main character is a shorty, but it´s kinda cool to have a 3-pointer shooter as the main player of the team. :p (yeah, biased, I know. I´m a shooting guard :D...but the manga is pretty cool regardless. Some awesome characters in that shit.)

predsfan
December 09, 2008, 08:38 PM
There is too many bad Basketball series out there. Of the ones I've read besides Slam Dunk, every single main character has been a shorty with speed, it's annoying. But it would be sweet with a new good sports manga.From what I can tell, Kuroko really isn't that much of a speedster (if those statistics were accurate ;)). He really seems to be a fairly bad player, except for the fact that he is an amazing passer. I personally like that the main character will be focused on passing more than scoring. Seems like an interesting change of pace to most basketball manga's I've read (w/ the exception of Slam Dunk where the main character was an amazing rebounder and a so-so offensive player).

Anyways, so far so good. Let's hope we get a trans quicker than we got the raw :p.

macros
December 10, 2008, 11:49 AM
Who i have to pay to translate that? :XD

I'm joking but not so much...:p

Anyway if someone is working on it, let me know, please. Just to let me sleep tonight, you know... :XD

:wtf

Crude
December 10, 2008, 03:38 PM
If only his eyes looked more like this:

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9729/kurokopj6.png (http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kurokopj6.png)
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/kurokopj6.png/1/w243.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img261/kurokopj6.png/1/)

Tensai_Sakuragi
December 10, 2008, 08:17 PM
Haven´t been so pumped up for a new series in a long time. :amuse
Just looking at the raw, it seems more interesting than Meister.

DAAAMN, maaaan. Can´t wait for a translation. :darn:darn

PLEASE, translators, just LOOK at the raw. I´m sure we´ll find it quite neat. :darn

GARusashi
December 10, 2008, 08:46 PM
the art looks very similar to Double Arts

I have a feeling Meistar will make it further than this series though

Xophien
December 11, 2008, 12:48 PM
Hmmm... Fine. I'll translate it :p I didn't really want to take on a third project, but I like this one, so I'll give it a try. Don't expect the translation anytime today, though, I'm a bit busy, and I can't promise I won't end up translating this week's ES21 before this one. But I'll still translate it, eventually, I guess :shakefist

macros
December 11, 2008, 01:03 PM
Hmmm... Fine. I'll translate it :p I didn't really want to take on a third project, but I like this one, so I'll give it a try. Don't expect the translation anytime today, though, I'm a bit busy, and I can't promise I won't end up translating this week's ES21 before this one. But I'll still translate it, eventually, I guess :shakefist

:wtf:

:worship

:hbunny

Xophien the best :D

ryusuke_
December 11, 2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks, Xophien ;)

Unlike Dogashi no Kaden, this one looks more "realistic". Of course I cannot say any final words without seeing a complete translation; but I'm getting a good feeling about this new manga. I hope it doesn't die too soon.

Alexandrius
December 11, 2008, 03:37 PM
Dogashi no Kaden was no fun. This seems better.

Maxy Barnard
December 11, 2008, 03:47 PM
If only his eyes looked more like this:

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9729/kurokopj6.png (http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kurokopj6.png)
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/kurokopj6.png/1/w243.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img261/kurokopj6.png/1/)

what's wrong with no pupils?

also HAIL XOPH!

ultibankai
December 11, 2008, 08:00 PM
I've been looking for a newer basketball manga to enjoy, I watch slam dunk but I wanted something more modern, and my wish has just come true. It would be great if Prince of Tennis creator could make a basketball manga adaptation. Imagine a basketball Ryoma, mada mada dane, lol.

Tensai_Sakuragi
December 12, 2008, 11:07 AM
The first chapter of Kuroko no Basket seems MUCH BETTER than Dogashi´s.

Hope it survives in Jump. :notrust

I've been looking for a newer basketball manga to enjoy, I watch slam dunk but I wanted something more modern, and my wish has just come true. It would be great if Prince of Tennis creator could make a basketball manga adaptation. Imagine a basketball Ryoma, mada mada dane, lol.

That would be scary as fuck. :p
I mean, come on...basketball with magic moves and superpowers?
No, thanks. :darn

Sexy Randal 105
December 12, 2008, 11:36 AM
Dogashi was just a ripoff of Eyeshield with Basketball. This seems a lot better. I still don't think it has what it takes to survive though. It doesn't seem to have the same appeal as Meister. I have a feeling it's gonna be one of the first bombs this year. >_>

ryusuke_
December 12, 2008, 01:24 PM
So... is anyone scanlating it?

[Cross]
December 12, 2008, 02:22 PM
My group is picking it up, I really like it so far.

macros
December 12, 2008, 06:11 PM
Wow, with the translation i really enjoy it. Beautiful. And i'm glad that we'll be some group that scanlate it. Also I will do an italian scanlation. :-)

GARusashi
December 12, 2008, 07:54 PM
After reading a translation, I like this more than Meistar. The whole 6 amazing players thing makes it more shonen-like and more likely to stick around.

Sexy Randal 105
December 13, 2008, 02:57 PM
Meh....I didn't really like it. I find it rather hard to get into. The whole set-up just seems rather bland to me.

Meromorphe
December 13, 2008, 04:02 PM
lol at the girl who was drooling.
Cool start. I prefer it to Dogashi's or Meister's, but it seems there is a lack of interesting supporting characters and the author cannot keep forever with the shadow thing.
I like the scenes where Taiga jumps to dunk or block. Good drawings.

crazy_horse1989
December 13, 2008, 07:36 PM
new series... new series in WSJ... new basketball series in WSJ... ~_~

see where i`m getting at? it looks interesting so far, with the ghost thing and the super-passer... i`ll just have to wait for more chapters to come out... i don`t want to be slammed into a steel wall at 500 km/h, like what happened when "Mx0" and "Double Arts" got canceled...

overall, it seems that WSJ is getting tired of all the battle manga series and is trying to bring to the main stage some sports manga... i will just stand by and watch from afar this time... >_>

Maxy Barnard
December 14, 2008, 03:56 AM
hmm.... this caught me off guard... it's got a brilliant first chapter. not the instant joy of meister, but it's like it's taken the tone of many of the cult/other manga and transferred that into a sports manga without overloading it with thoughts and text. simple yet effective.... i wanna see this go far too...

so 2/3 newbies so far have rocked.... this is disconcerting for me

Xophien
December 14, 2008, 08:47 AM
I loved the second chapter. Kuroko coming out of nowhere all the time cracks me up, and Kagami and Riko are justawesome characters as well. And I got used to the art faster than I thought. And now we're told we're going to have a match against one of the big guys of the Generation of Miracles? Man, this is starting at full speed, it's like they learned from Dogashi's demise :shakefist

Maxy Barnard
December 14, 2008, 10:04 AM
yeah it truly seems as if the sports manga this year have learnt from the demise of..... everything (excluding p2, that rocked) in recent jump history. one's going straight for the jugular, the others going for amazing jump values.... tis a good time to like sports manga

Meromorphe
December 14, 2008, 04:54 PM
If it continues this good, it will go into my top five sports manga as ES 21, Ookiku Furikabutte (whatever you spell it) or Ping-Pong Dash (funny series with a yankee playing ping-pong if you don't know).

The coach's personality reminds me of the girl in Dogashi. I bet WSJ staff decided to go with the same profile and it may be the only thing they keep from it.

GARusashi
December 14, 2008, 06:35 PM
Good second chapter. I'm glad that the whole SHADOW AND LIGHT thing isn't an ongoing thing. I'm sure this guy they're playing will serve as the Shin Seijuro of this series. Hopefully he's not as bland as Shin.

I like how Kuroko isn't really the main character, and Kagami could easily carry this series as a main character.

The only low point of the series so far is it looks like the only major players on the team are Kagami, Kuroko and Junpei. Everyone else is pretty much background players. I hope that they recruit other players similar to Eyeshield did.

Meister may have introduced their main players all at once, and honestly, they're all pretty lame. I think Kuroko has much more room to grow over Meister, and has a much more interesting concept, so I hope if any sports series has to go, it's Meister.

Alexandrius
December 14, 2008, 07:40 PM
If I had to choose either Meister or Kuroko to continue in WSJ, right now it'd be Kuroko. It seems pretty interesting, it's different from the other Basket Mangas, like Cross Over and Dogashi and all those other basket series. I like the character Kuroko alot.

Sexy Randal 105
December 15, 2008, 12:37 AM
The second chapter was a little better. I will keep up with it before making my decision.

ryusuke_
December 15, 2008, 07:47 AM
I just read the second. Good chapter, looks someway better than Meister; IMO it's the most promising basketball manga since Slam Dunk and Real.

macros
December 15, 2008, 08:30 AM
I just read the second. Good chapter, looks someway better than Meister; IMO it's the most promising basketball manga since Slam Dunk and Real.

yeah, i think it's good too, i really enjoy the second chap. I think that they have learned from previously mistakes. By the way, every confrontation with SD or Real is unfair ai the moment, but i can see a lot of potential :D

Tensai_Sakuragi
December 15, 2008, 03:52 PM
Pretty cool second chapter.
Right now, I also think Kuroko is showing itself to be better than Meister(it has quite a peculiar style, and it´s pretty likeable :amuse).

Really hope japanese fans like this shit.. :darn

Rine
December 21, 2008, 09:48 AM
Quite good manga :9
hope this manga will survive in WSJ

Kuroko is cute, though XDDD

Sexy Randal 105
December 22, 2008, 12:29 AM
Hmmm...Chapter 3 was intriguing but I still don't know if I like it yet.

macros
December 22, 2008, 09:09 AM
good chap. I really like it. a lot more than meister. the gag between Kuoko and Kise was hilarious.
And at the end kuroko was so cool... :-)

ryusuke_
December 22, 2008, 09:47 AM
What are they going to be to avoid the big level gap between them anyway?
I suppose this will end like Slam Dunk's first match, where they don't win but show great potential and people admire them and blablabla.

It's turned in one of the WSJ series I look forward the most.

Xophien
January 02, 2009, 03:00 PM
I think I'm seriously falling in love with this manga. It's damn impressive. The art is gorgeous, the characters damn awesome, some mighty fine humor, the chapters are well written and packed with action, and I just can't help begging for more. I haven't been impressed with the beginning of a manga like that in years.

Maxy Barnard
January 02, 2009, 05:58 PM
well with the 4th chapter out this is easily the second best of the new three (yeah meister.... still enthralls me entirely) and if it keeps up the quality then it could be my personal top 5 material.....

ryusuke_
January 02, 2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah, the new ones from this year look all interesting (unlike last year, with Muddy, K.O.Sen and Poseidon...), but Kuroko no Basket is the one I'm really looking forward to. Ever since Slam Dunk, I've been waiting for a new shonen bball manga decent and great enough, and Kuroko does have potential.

GARusashi
January 02, 2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah I think this chapter Kuroko surpassed Meister. I just think everything about it is better, and the art in Meister in chapter 5 was just horrid.

Hopefully something like the team realizing they can't just depend on Kuroko and the other guy, so they start recruiting more characters, and create the new Generation of Miracles.

ryusuke_
January 03, 2009, 07:07 AM
Well, after talking so big about teamwork, it would be ironic if they only play with 2 characters. I hope 3 more are introduced from the current team, or get to join sometime soon.

Their current teammates doesn't seem reliable at all, unless Fujimaki is hidding someone from us yet. Hyuuga doesn't seem very strong either, he's just the Kuroko version of Slam Dunk's Kogure (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shohoku_High_School_basketball_team#Kiminobu_Kogure) (he will save the day in some match and will do nothing else in the rest of the tournament?). I can't believe they made it to the "final league" with the current team..

Xophien
January 03, 2009, 07:42 AM
I can't believe they made it to the "final league" with the current team..

Don't say that, we have yet to see anything from the guys of last year's team. Hyuuga must be at least decently good, since he's the captain and had at least the cojones to scream from the rooftop last year. Since Riko said they were losing on the physical side, I'm assuming they must be more based on skills and teamwork.

Though they could have at least introduced the other two guys playing in the team right now >.>; Dogashi might have introduced too many characters in a short time, but Kuroko is doing the opposite there. Unless they go the ES21 way and recruit characters along the way :amuse

ryusuke_
January 03, 2009, 09:08 AM
Well, imo, it would look pretty "pathetic" to now start introducing the current players, Fujimaki could have introduced them all in a quick way (like when he introduced Hyuuga), but I can't imagine them all being introduced now after 4 chapters where they've just been hanging around.

Either a) Fujimaki will bring up more characters like in ES21 way; b) Current good players have yet to appear and the current ones are just not regulars; c) He doesn't give a shit about anything aside from Kagami and the 6 miracles.

Meromorphe
January 06, 2009, 04:46 PM
Another great chapter.
If the 5 guys of the generation of miracles were the starters, they play at different posts, so Kagami is not supposed to directly confront every of them. I wonder how the author will handle it, but it seems this manga won't bother with technical details. We don't know which post Kagami or Kuroko are playing. I don't know if it is a good direction for this manga.

ryusuke_
January 06, 2009, 07:31 PM
Another great chapter.
If the 5 guys of the generation of miracles were the starters, they play at different posts, so Kagami is not supposed to directly confront every of them. I wonder how the author will handle it, but it seems this manga won't bother with technical details. We don't know which post Kagami or Kuroko are playing. I don't know if it is a good direction for this manga.

Maybe it's weird but while reading Kuroko I had the feeling that this manga could only be actually enjoyed by those who don't know much about basketball; as a basketball player and fan since I was a kid, I agree that it lacks a lot of sense in several basketball related things..

predsfan
January 06, 2009, 07:45 PM
Another great chapter.

Lol, I hadn't really thought about that. Maybe the generation of miracles was made up of five centers :p, when they missed a shot the other teams could not get a rebound. Seriously, now I am wondering how that's going to go.

As for Kuroko and Kagami's posts (I'm assuming that would be what I call positions, if not sorry), Kuroko is most definitely a point guard. I don't see any other position he could be playing given his size and skill set. For some reason, when I think Kuroko, I think of a John Stockton type player. Kagami, however, could be anywhere from small forward to center. I think, he'll end playing power forward though.

I hope we're introduced to the rest of the starting 5 next chapter though. I would like to see how good they are as well.

macros
January 07, 2009, 10:48 AM
Maybe it's weird but while reading Kuroko I had the feeling that this manga could only be actually enjoyed by those who don't know much about basketball; as a basketball player and fan since I was a kid, I agree that it lacks a lot of sense in several basketball related things..

i think that's too soon for that and it's not necessarly a bad thing for now. After all the first player he was introduced as an "all-rounder", i think that we can have one or two tweener that kagami can fight (a C/PF, another one like a PF/SF, kise that i think can be a SG/SF/PF and can be confront with Kagami and Kuroko) and a couple of guards that Kuroko can fight.
There is a lot of time to focus on basketball things but now it's important that the youngest readers can love this series so it can survives.

Meromorphe
January 10, 2009, 05:20 AM
I do not see how this manga will fail.
It builds up the characters in a classic, but efficient way. I'm looking forward to seeing how strong the other people of the generation of miracles are.
Fast-paced scenario with entertaining situations during every chapters that are supported by the fun humor of the protagonists.
No uncessary side plots with a lot of drama. Keep focused on the fun.
Drawings are good and show the dynamicool moves of Kagami. His explosivity and power are well captured during his dunks and show how cool this guy is. SO, I made up the portemanteau "dynamicool".

Muddy
January 17, 2009, 09:36 PM
I just read the first four chapters in a row and am utterly blown away. I haven't really read a proper sports manga yet (though ES21 is on my to-read list) and I'm one of those who doesn't actually know anything about basketball, but everything about Kuroko no Basket so far appeals to me greatly. The characters that have been introduced are extremely likable and intriguing, the art is pleasant, the premise and plot so far are absolutely kickass. I find myself uber-excited, all the time. I have no doubts that it's only going to get better from here.

Onward to Meister... football is a sport I actually am relatively knowledgeable about so it'll be interesting to read another seemingly highly-acclaimed so far sports WSJ manga, but about a sport I follow.

I'm excited to see Kuroko's ranking in the ToC next week... the best news so far is that it isn't in the bottom 5! If this had flopped I would've lost all (very few) remaining shreds of hope I had left for Jump readers & decision-makers since Double Arts' cancellation.

Alexandrius
January 18, 2009, 05:52 PM
Any news on the Scan? rawr. I wants it.

Xophien
January 18, 2009, 07:13 PM
Sorry for the delay with the translation, I was dead tired today, and just taking care of Meister was enough to shut down my brain >.>; I'll translate it first thing tomorrow, I promise :nod

Alexandrius
January 19, 2009, 07:07 AM
Yay for that. Chapter seems pretty interesting. The other coach is obviously pissed at the team for not winning by more lawls :3

Meromorphe
January 19, 2009, 11:37 AM
That was an interesting chapter. Through the game the artist wants to make direct confrontations between the characters. What is underlined are the personality, style and force. It is more a battle of egos. It reminds me of ES21 where a few characters stand out in a team.

I have not read Slam Dunk, so I do not how it worked, but it seems to me very difficult to describe a basketball match. When you think about it, it is in the long continuation of succeeding your shoots and making the adversary miss that you can win. On the contrary a mangaka wants just to show the decisive moments. Your team wins because the best player among the opponents makes only a 7/32 in shooting, actually that's not spectacular.

Tensai_Sakuragi
January 19, 2009, 12:28 PM
Awesome chapter.

Kagami is getting his ass kicked, as expected.
It seems like Kise can even copy moves he blocked himself. :p
Nice drawings on the fade-aways(and Kuroko´s passing is as great as ever).

I have not read Slam Dunk, so I do not how it worked, but it seems to me very difficult to describe a basketball match. When you think about it, it is in the long continuation of succeeding your shoots and making the adversary miss that you can win. On the contrary a mangaka wants just to show the decisive moments. Your team wins because the best player among the opponents makes only a 7/32 in shooting, actually that's not spectacular.

Slam Dunk is very different from Kuroko no Basket.
The matches are MUCH more detailed and dynamic. Of course, it´s unfair to compare both at this point(Kuroko has only 5 chapters released, for crying out loud :p), but while Fujimaki likes to focus only on the "most awesome plays made by the main players", Inoue showed us EVERYTHING. Heck, even lay-ups and passes made by nameless characters(and hey, unlike Fujimaki, he NAMED all his characters, even the weak/average players ;) Heck, hardcore Slam Dunk fans can name almost ALL the players from ALL the teams showed in the series, and that´s not by looking in some databook - it´s all in the manga itself.)

Well, as I said, Kuroko is just beggining. Too soon to judge.

Meromorphe
January 20, 2009, 01:40 PM
Kagami is getting his ass kicked, as expected.
It seems like Kise can even copy moves he blocked himself. :p

Actually, I think that Kagami and Kuroko will win this match. Not so important because it is an amical match, but to make Kise involve along them it will be better to make him lose. Now, he is the weakest of the 5 miracles, he could become the second best or something like that.

Muddy
January 22, 2009, 01:21 PM
Excellent chapter, 'nuff said.

I love the cliffhanger endings in this series, and this one certainly delivers on that front - I am very interested to hear what both Kise and Kuroko's weak points are.

Tensai_Sakuragi
January 22, 2009, 07:58 PM
Actually, I think that Kagami and Kuroko will win this match. Not so important because it is an amical match, but to make Kise involve along them it will be better to make him lose. Now, he is the weakest of the 5 miracles, he could become the second best or something like that.

I dunno...it seems too soon. :blink
I mean, Fujimaki makes such a big deal out of the "Generation of Miracles", it would be just bizarre to make one of them lose in less than 10 chapters of serialization. :p

Meromorphe
January 24, 2009, 12:56 PM
Interesting chapter.
The Mangaka finds a good pace for the first match. One or two chapters more would be enough for the first game, which is just amical.

Kind of coincidence, but it makes some echo with the ES21 chapter from this week. You have fun when you struggle against powerful opponents. The thing about Kagami getting bored after he came back from America popped up once again. That was just in the first chapter, but it disappeared quickly, since Kagami was easy to fire up. I wonder if it's an important plot element to be explored (or perhaps the America connection with a transfer student or a visiting team).

Tensai_Sakuragi
January 26, 2009, 12:36 PM
Kagami´s awesomeness has gone up quite a bunch after this chapter.

I mean, come on.
He basically said "Oh, man, stop that shit. You ain´t that special. I used to have my ass kicked everyday back in the USA". :p

He´s like a (much)wilder Yamato Takeru, from Eyeshield 21.

The "It´s perfect if I can´t win" line was also sweet. :amuse

Loving this stuff. Really.

Meromorphe
January 26, 2009, 01:11 PM
What if Kuroko uses his skill to make some blocks (not sure of the right term) during offensive plays. Each time, the defender will not see him and will bump into him causing a defensive foul. Hmmm, not very spectacular, the game will be stopped quite often :notrust

question for who knows the answer: What did the mangaka do before this serialization?

Xophien
January 28, 2009, 06:01 AM
question for who knows the answer: What did the mangaka do before this serialization?

Pretty much nothing. Fujimaki has had an unusual career start actually, his first one-shot "GEKISHIN!! Kotetsu" made it to the last round of the Jump contest thing for new works in March 2006, and his second one-shot, which was Kuroko, won said contest and earned him a Rookie of the Year prize in November 2006. He went on to be assistant of Ejiri Tatsuma on P2, the Kuroko one-shot was published in the Akamaru Jump of spring 2007, then now it's serialized in WSJ. Quite a fast career start, all things considered.

As for random facts, his hobbies are mahjong and golf, his favorite mangas are Slam Dunk (duh), Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and 3x3 Eyes, he's 26 years old and from Tokyo.

Meromorphe
January 28, 2009, 12:49 PM
Pretty much nothing. Fujimaki has had an unusual career start actually, his first one-shot "GEKISHIN!! Kotetsu" made it to the last round of the Jump contest thing for new works in March 2006, and his second one-shot, which was Kuroko, won said contest and earned him a Rookie of the Year prize in November 2006. He went on to be assistant of Ejiri Tatsuma on P2, the Kuroko one-shot was published in the Akamaru Jump of spring 2007, then now it's serialized in WSJ. Quite a fast career start, all things considered.

As for random facts, his hobbies are mahjong and golf, his favorite mangas are Slam Dunk (duh), Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and 3x3 Eyes, he's 26 years old and from Tokyo.

Thanks for the info. May I ask you what the title of his first manga means?

He has already beaten the guys from Bakuman (actually maybe not since we don't know how many one-shots were refused before he can enter a competition). I wonder if it is always the case that there is a so long period between the one-shot and the serialization (also between its win and the publication in Akamaru Jump). The process of publication seemed faster in Bakuman (actually I don't pay attention too much to this point, so I may be wrong).

I'm not surprised not to learn that basketball is not his favorite sport (Golf is also good :amuse), it may become his favorite one when Kuroko finishes after 31 volumes and more than 300 chapters (I predict a lot of work for Xophien :p)

Xophien
January 28, 2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the info. May I ask you what the title of his first manga means?

"Earthquake!! Kotetsu" Kotetsu is a name, which shows he likes to name his works after the main character, I guess >.>

I wonder if it is always the case that there is a so long period between the one-shot and the serialization

There should be. The thing is, he was a complete rookie when he submitted the one-shots, and you can't turn a complete rookie into a mangaka immediately, because if there's one thing a mangaka drawing a weekly manga needs, it's a team of assistants. That's why you'll just NEVER see someone working on a weekly manga go from rookie to mangaka immediately, he has to learn how exactly you use assistants, learn the whole process of making a weekly release from a mangaka and editors, the stupid amount of work it is, etc. In order to cover all this, I don't think one year is too much^^;

I'm not surprised not to learn that basketball is not his favorite sport (Golf is also good :amuse), it may become his favorite one when Kuroko finishes

Actually he never said golf was his favorite sport, he only said it was his hobby and strong point (not so strong, though, since he said in the ToC comment last week that he got crushed by his grandfather, 50 years older, at it). Basketball could be his favorite sport still without him playing it :p

after 31 volumes and more than 300 chapters (I predict a lot of work for Xophien :p)

I'll just pray you're right :shakefist

Tensai_Sakuragi
January 29, 2009, 12:03 PM
What if Kuroko uses his skill to make some blocks (not sure of the right term) during offensive plays. Each time, the defenser will not see him and will bump into him causing a defensive foul. Hmmm, not very spectacular, the game will be stopped quite often :notrust

Hahaha. Sounds nice. :p
Sakuragi was able to pull that off in a hilarious fashion in Slam Dunk(he even made it out to be an offensive foul :D).

Guess it could work out in a scene or two, but the last chapter has showed us that misdirection can´t be used for the whole game.

This guy has got quite a wonderful taste. :amuse RESPECT.

I'll just pray you're right :shakefist

Won´t we all? ;)

Meromorphe
February 03, 2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info Xophien.
I wonder why the editors released two sports mangas at the (nearly) same time. Perhaps it's just to prepare the after-ES21, but it could be a kind of buzz to make people talk about the two series and compare them and then create dedicated fans. Personally, I only read Meister to compare with Kuroko how the plot is developped. If one of the series disappears before twenty chapters, the second may suffer the loss. After this threshold it will be OK, because it will be the cruise speed.

Tensai_Sakuragi
February 04, 2009, 01:41 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, Kuroko has just ranked among the Top5 of Shonen Jump. Next week, it´ll have color pages.

I know it´s too soon to be happy, but still...can´t stop myself.

:amuse:amuse:amuse:amuse
What a wonderful week.

Muddy
February 04, 2009, 01:48 PM
I know!! It's a glorious two weeks for Kuroko. I seem to be one of the few people in the ToC-watching community who really likes it, so while everyone else is bemused I get to celebrate. Score.

I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter.

And thanks a lot for all that info, Xophien!

GARusashi
February 04, 2009, 02:57 PM
I like it. I just happen to think Meister deserves to be in the bottom too, which is completely against everyone in the TOC thread.

Like I said in the TOC thread, I think this manga has what it takes to interest the public. Meister kind of just jumped in there and threw way too much at us.

Xophien
February 04, 2009, 07:55 PM
I wonder why the editors released two sports mangas at the (nearly) same time. Perhaps it's just to prepare the after-ES21, but it could be a kind of buzz to make people talk about the two series and compare them and then create dedicated fans. Personally, I only read Meister to compare with Kuroko how the plot is developped. If one of the series disappears before twenty chapters, the second may suffer the loss. After this threshold it will be OK, because it will be the cruise speed.Well, there's always been around three sports mangas at the same time in any Jump era. It was just then that only ES21 was left, and it was about to end, so it's not surprising they're trying to fill the void. Especially considering some of their best sales, like Captain Tsubasa and especially Slam Dunk, are sports manga, it's not surprising.

As for Kuroko being so high in the next ToC... Can't say I'm surprised. Fujimaki has got some surprisingly good writing sense for a rookie, imo. Chapters are not only well-drawn, they're perfectly paced, and there's a great balance between humor, story and action (which Meister, with its overload of text, is lacking in my opinion >.>). I hope this one will stick around for a few years~

Tensai_Sakuragi
February 05, 2009, 11:25 AM
I know!! It's a glorious two weeks for Kuroko. I seem to be one of the few people in the ToC-watching community who really likes it, so while everyone else is bemused I get to celebrate. Score.

That doesn´t surprise me.
No offense to the Toc-watching community but, as a lurker of the Weekly Jump Readers´Journal, I can say I see a lot of elitism in there.
"Sports" is my favorite genre for quite some time now, and it unfortunately doesn´t get the praise it deserves(well, it´s quite true that, right now, Jump sports manga are nowhere near the awesomeness of shit like Major, Cross Game and Ahiru no Sora, but still...:p).

I really hope Kuroko does well. It has charm, the drawings are awesome, and the main duo is just...christ.
Too cool for words. :amuse

Meromorphe
February 05, 2009, 02:42 PM
Good job.
When the flow is now for Seirin, the mangaka manages to have a climax end in favor of Seirin again. He did not need to change the flow of the match to have this kind of end. Now, I wonder if the flow will change again before the end of the game. I presume no since it is an amical match and the beginning of the manga, he has to keep good things for other matches in my opinion.

(Note. I still remember the painful experience of the match in Dogashi, "What?!! The match is still not finished?? How long will it take to test the rookies?" I was asking myself every week)

Maxy Barnard
February 05, 2009, 03:46 PM
No offense to the Toc-watching community but, as a lurker of the Weekly Jump Readers´Journal, I can say I see a lot of elitism in there.
"Sports" is my favorite genre for quite some time now, and it unfortunately doesn´t get the praise it deserves(well, it´s quite true that, right now, Jump sports manga are nowhere near the awesomeness of shit like Major, Cross Game and Ahiru no Sora, but still...:p).

I really hope Kuroko does well. It has charm, the drawings are awesome, and the main duo is just...christ.

i fail to see what's wrong with elitism (i'm flipthepage over there), it's fun and provoke vicious discussion against fanboys. admittedly my opinion on kuroko is in flux at present, so i'm relatively undecided on it now... it's still no meister, btu we don't live in a world where meister won't die very soon, so i don't have my small pleasure. this will do nicely though, for it's better than the other newbie

macros
February 05, 2009, 04:55 PM
oh boys... this manga is awesome... every chapter is going better, i really like it.

It's gonna be legen... wait for it... dary!

And CP next week, i can't wait...

Maxy Barnard
February 05, 2009, 05:28 PM
i should be disturbed that you makign a how i met your mother reference enthused me about this series completely for a second.... ah i'm like a puppy just waiting for the shiny objects to enthrall me

Meromorphe
February 06, 2009, 02:24 AM
Something that bothers me in this chapter. It is said that Kuroko is the weakest except for passes, but in the previous chapter I understood that he was good for moving without the ball to become unguarded and available for his teammates. Maybe it is a shortcut to underline Kuroko's weak point and I hope the mangaka will try to exploit all the possibilities in the basketball.

I have found odd from the start that Kuroko is physically so weak. When the story progresses against better players, it would be hard to believe they can win. What would be awesome is to see Kuroko physically progress, gain 7 to 10 centimeters for the year and change his playstyle towards a more spectacular one. He could change his position and become a [shining?] point guard (I don't think he is currently the point guard, since it's hard to be unnoticed when being in this position).
In ES21, Sena has become taller than Suzuna, but does not become Shin, so it would be quite new to see such a change in a character.

Maxy Barnard
February 06, 2009, 05:28 AM
i disagree. the whole gimmick here is how unremarkable kuroko is. i think rather than have him improve they just need new ways to exploit his abilities, maybe even find new methods.

the only thing that really needs to change is the stupid cross eyed art this series has. once that's solved it will enter a new world of groovy i'm sure

Muddy
February 06, 2009, 08:10 AM

Haha, I see what you mean. I'm d_grayman over there (the founder & nowadays generally unneeded moderator) and I'm really happy with what it's become, though. Once you get past the fact that many participants in the discussions there state their opinion as if it were holy indisputable fact, it's great! Most of us are joking-elitists ala Noodles anyway. Maybe Randal isn't, but yeah, most of us are.

Agreed on every count!

Chapter 7 was - of course - awesome. I love when Kuroko delivers that line about his and Kagami's being weak individually but together being able to take Kise down. So badass.

With regard to some of the above discussion, I'm surprised that there's so much questioning of the mangaka and his plans so early in this manga's career (though granted, it's seemingly on the part of only one poster). Fujimaki seems to be the kind of writer who knows exactly what he wants to do and has pleeeenty of tricks up his sleeves. I don't see any reason to lose faith in him yet; none at all.

Tensai_Sakuragi
February 06, 2009, 01:30 PM
I presume no since it is an amical match and the beginning of the manga, he has to keep good things for other matches in my opinion.

(Note. I still remember the painful experience of the match in Dogashi, "What?!! The match is still not finished?? How long will it take to test the rookies?" I was asking myself every week)

Yep, kinda see your point. Can´t drag things at this point. It´s better to go back to some daily-life stuff and school adventures before the game becomes tiresome.

i fail to see what's wrong with elitism (i'm flipthepage over there), it's fun and provoke vicious discussion against fanboys.

:pTo each his own, I guess, but I prefer a more friendly environment. Not that you guys can´t be friendly(as I´ve seen for myself), but there are some "uncalled for" comments like "This manga sucks", "This arc sucks" and other shit that people don´t bother backing up or explaining just because "Oh, they´re so knowledgeable in Jump manga". :p

But hey, as I said, no offense meant in that post. ;)

admittedly my opinion on kuroko is in flux at present, so i'm relatively undecided on it now... it's still no meister, btu we don't live in a world where meister won't die very soon, so i don't have my small pleasure. this will do nicely though, for it's better than the other newbie

Personally I thought Kuroko was better from the start. Raiho is cool and all, but Kuroko is just hilarious(and awesome in quite a unique way).

I have found odd from the start that Kuroko is physically so weak. When the story progresses against better players, it would be hard to believe they can win. What would be awesome is to see Kuroko physically progress, gain 7 to 10 centimeters for the year and change his playstyle towards a more spectacular one. He could change his position and become a [shining?] point guard (I don't think he is currently the point guard, since it's hard to be unnoticed when being in this position).

Don´t know about that. In the 1st chapter, Riko said that Kuroko was already in the peak of his growth. He problably won´t grow more than 2 centimeters in his high school years.
Also, the "phantom player" thing is a part of his charm. Heck, it´s a part of the manga´s concept itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuroko
As he said, he´s not a main character.
He´s the background puppeteer.

Haha, I see what you mean. I'm d_grayman over there (the founder & nowadays generally unneeded moderator) and I'm really happy with what it's become, though. Once you get past the fact that many participants in the discussions there state their opinion as if it were holy indisputable fact, it's great!

Hey, the Journal is fucking great. I visit it at least 2 times a week.
I think it just suffers from the "small groupe" syndrome from time to time, you know.
People tend to think their tastes are "sharper" when they´re not part of the majority. Social-cultural programming and all that shit, I guess. :p

Chapter 7 was - of course - awesome. I love when Kuroko delivers that line about his and Kagami's being weak individually but together being able to take Kise down. So badass.

This concept is fucking cool. Also, it´s pretty realistic when you stop to think about it. That´s basketball, not a samurai fight.

Fuck pride. Teamwork is the way to go. :amuse

Stop
February 06, 2009, 01:47 PM
just here to show my support for the manga. it's pretty good

GARusashi
February 06, 2009, 04:36 PM
Looks like chapter 8 is pretty amazing. Side characters get some time to show that they're not just side characters. Though I hope we're still gonna get more additions to the team after they gave the other three stats and what not.

Maxy Barnard
February 06, 2009, 05:59 PM
:pTo each his own, I guess, but I prefer a more friendly environment. Not that you guys can´t be friendly(as I´ve seen for myself), but there are some "uncalled for" comments like "This manga sucks", "This arc sucks" and other shit that people don´t bother backing up or explaining just because "Oh, they´re so knowledgeable in Jump manga". :p

But hey, as I said, no offense meant in that post. ;)

Personally I thought Kuroko was better from the start. Raiho is cool and all, but Kuroko is just hilarious(and awesome in quite a unique way).

i like to think that i try to put some info behind my views, but the issue with LJ is that most people make their views known then don't bother repeating them, expecting people to trawl back or know them as common knowledge. come to think of it i do that a fair bit.

and i'm a 'jump scholar' occasionally, i know shit, but my opinions are no more right than narutards when it comes down to it

still damn kuroko chapter 8 was actually pretty good!

Meromorphe
February 07, 2009, 04:03 AM
Don´t know about that. In the 1st chapter, Riko said that Kuroko was already in the peak of his growth. He problably won´t grow more than 2 centimeters in his high school years.
Also, the "phantom player" thing is a part of his charm. Heck, it´s a part of the manga´s concept itself.

i disagree. the whole gimmick here is how unremarkable kuroko is. i think rather than have him improve they just need new ways to exploit his abilities, maybe even find new methods.

Yeah, you are right. I see your points. The thing is Kuroko should also be able to defend and play during at least 30 minutes. He was not a starter with the generation of miracles and defense requires some physical abilities, even if it is the mind that is the more important (Defense: 80% mind, 20% physical as my coach said during my youth)

Probably other people have noticed, but it is second time, some spectators are shown from behind (we only see their backs). Could they be the other "miracle" players?

GARusashi
February 07, 2009, 09:51 PM
Anyone know why this isn't on OneManga yet? I have no idea how to upload the chapters or I would myself.

Muddy
February 08, 2009, 01:43 AM
Anyone know why this isn't on OneManga yet? I have no idea how to upload the chapters or I would myself.

I was wondering about that too; I don't know how to help either, though.

As everyone has been saying, chapter 8 was great! The Kagami/Kuroko strategy parts in the beginning were great, but my favorite bit of the chapter was the introduction of four supporting characters; I love their descriptions. Given Fujimaki's great characterization so far, all of them are promising, though #4 is my favorite - I was thoroughly amused when he suddenly started speaking his mind to Kagami and got the latter very confused.

Meromorphe
February 08, 2009, 07:33 AM
It may be because of the lack of public scanlation of chapter 5 (I have not read a scanlated version yet :( ). The group that released it may have a no-onemanga policy (I don't know, it's just speculation).

Chapter 8 was awesome. I feel the art was more precise than in the previous one. I laughed at the fact they introduced the other members now. I love the clutch player becoming "vulgar" during pressure time. NBA has always been full of "exuberant" players that show off and scream after they dunk or make a spectacular move. Spectators should go crazy :XD. So, that's a nice a touch. I hope to see more of them.

Next chapter would be money time. Normally, in this situation (regarding the points difference), the team that loses makes fouls, but I hope the mangaka will avoid that for story telling purpose.

macros
February 08, 2009, 09:55 AM
Now, i love Hyuuga.. :)

Maxy Barnard
February 08, 2009, 01:08 PM
It may be because of the lack of public scanlation of chapter 5 (I have not read a scanlated version yet :( ). The group that released it may have a no-onemanga policy (I don't know, it's just speculation).

Chapter 8 was awesome. I feel the art was more precise than in the previous one. I laughed at the fact they introduced the other members now. I love the clutch player becoming "vulgar" during pressure time. NBA has always been full of "exuberant" players that show off and scream after they dunk or make a spectacular move. Spectators should go crazy :XD. So, that's a nice a touch. I hope to see more of them.

Next chapter would be money time. Normally, in this situation (regarding the points difference), the team that loses makes fouls, but I hope the mangaka will avoid that for story telling purpose.

chapter 5 was scanned by some people who required you to join their forum first. check out www.mangafox.com for "kuroko no basuke" for all the current chapters. its like the shadier flashier relative of onemanga

Tensai_Sakuragi
February 09, 2009, 02:32 PM
i like to think that i try to put some info behind my views, but the issue with LJ is that most people make their views known then don't bother repeating them, expecting people to trawl back or know them as common knowledge. come to think of it i do that a fair bit.

I guess that´s something that happens a lot in small groups.
You´re a cool brotha, though, Noodles. Respect. ;)

and i'm a 'jump scholar' occasionally, i know shit, but my opinions are no more right than narutards when it comes down to it

Yeah, I see what you mean. As a sports manga fan, I know a fair deal of series from this genre(heck, I also love playing and watching a lot of sports in real life, mostly bbal), but that doesn´t make my opinion any more valid than a newbie´s.

still damn kuroko chapter 8 was actually pretty good!

Agreed. :amuse

(Defense: 80% mind, 20% physical as my coach said during my youth)

Your coach is a wise man. Quoted for truth.

Probably other people have noticed, but it is second time, some spectators are shown from behind (we only see their backs). Could they be the other "miracle" players?

I also noticed that, but hated it. It´s too soon! I mean, the mistery behind the 5 miracles should be one of the manga´s main subplots. And now we´re going to see their faces before the 20 chapters mark?

It´s like Fujimaki is afraid that Jump will axe the series before he gets to introduce them all, so he´s rushing like hell. :p

----

Now, onto the chapter.
And what a great chapter that was! :amuse

I mean, fuck! Hyuuga has just become one of my favorite characters.
Dual personality clutch shooter? Pure genious.

The other 2nd years also look cool. The PG really needs more screentime.

Maxy Barnard
February 09, 2009, 02:40 PM
with the colour and high TOC position something tells me that TADAtoshi (i don't know why i like TA-DA! being in his name) won't be in too much of a rush, but i suppose with meister dying from introducing too much he might fear the opposite, dying for not introducing enough opponents... or heck, anyone beyond the three main players we have to take note of (glasses, Kagami and Kuroko)

Meromorphe
February 09, 2009, 03:40 PM
chapter 5 was scanned by some people who required you to join their forum first. check out www.mangafox.com for "kuroko no basuke" for all the current chapters. its like the shadier flashier relative of onemanga
Thanks for the link.

I also noticed that, but hated it. It´s too soon! I mean, the mistery behind the 5 miracles should be one of the manga´s main subplots. And now we´re going to see their faces before the 20 chapters mark?

Personally, I don't mind knowing their faces and names. Shin in ES21 appeared very quickly and remained the main adversary for Sena in my opinion, so it can work.

The other 2nd years also look cool. The PG really needs more screentime.
I already feel sorry for Xoph that will translate his puns and you ask for more? You are evil :kukuku
Courage, Xophien.

Tensai_Sakuragi
February 12, 2009, 07:44 PM
Personally, I don't mind knowing their faces and names. Shin in ES21 appeared very quickly and remained the main adversary for Sena in my opinion, so it can work.

I see your point, but we are talking about 5 guys here.
Kise can be Kuroko´s "Shin Seijuurou"(Kagami´s rival and all :p), but I´d like the other Miracles to remain a mistery for the time being. It´d be awesome if we got to meet them bit by bit. :amuse

I already feel sorry for Xoph that will translate his puns and you ask for more? You are evil :kukuku
Courage, Xophien.

Hey, I didn´t think about that. :p
Now that you mention it, I think Xoph could have fun while doing it. And hey, if he ever comes across a difficult-to-translate pun, he can always ask for our help. We, members of the still new and small Kuroko fanbase, will surely try to help him figure out some amazing English counterpart for the japanese puns. ;) Teamwork beats all.

Xophien
February 12, 2009, 08:08 PM
It´d be awesome if we got to meet them bit by bit. :amuse

That's only if the manga lasts long enough for that. Could be that Fujimaki planned it this way, so he could introduce them should the ratings be poor, but since Kuroko is decently popular, maybe he'll keep them for later :amuse

Hey, I didn´t think about that. :p
Now that you mention it, I think Xoph could have fun while doing it. And hey, if he ever comes across a difficult-to-translate pun, he can always ask for our help. We, members of the still new and small Kuroko fanbase, will surely try to help him figure out some amazing English counterpart for the japanese puns. ;) Teamwork beats all.

I'm known as France's punmaster, so I guess I'll manage somehow to translate japanese puns in english. Maybe. Otherwise, it's not like MH is lacking translators that could help :amuse

Meromorphe
February 14, 2009, 02:09 PM
It seems there is a new basketball manga that will begin soon.

I hope Kuroko is not threatened, but I don't get it. People will be bored easier with two basketball mangas, so why?
Perhaps it's completely different with Robots playing basketball as in the new project of Kawashimori from Macross fame.

It reminds me I want a Galaxy Idol as the manager of Seirin :p(though I'm not sure there will be one, since Kise's team does not seem to have one).
[hr]
Good chapter.

Last page was a "dunk in your face" :D

On the color page, I like Kagami, Riko and Kuroko but not so much Anonymous Teammates. Next time, I'm sure it will be better.

I have a theory about this manga: the importance of the character depends on the hair color. The wilder it is, the more important it is. Kuroko has blue hair and Kagami has red one. :p
I am sure the new character that has been introduced will have green hair or something like that.;)

This new player of the miracle generation already cracks me up with the rear car and the horoscope stuff. He does not seem physically very strong and stuff about always winning at Rock-Paper-Scissors is kind of hint to think he is the point guard, but I'm pretty sure he will turn out to be a sharp shooter that is very strong with feints and can shoot in any unbalanced position.

Otherwise, I like how the mangaka makes the time and points advance with a few panels to concentrate on the critical moments. This guy has talent.

I wonder now whether the next step is an official match or there will other training matches. Someone knows how many tournaments there are in a normal school year? In baseball I think it's two (like in Football American)

DeidaraGrimmjow
February 14, 2009, 04:57 PM
I hope that there are more important players and teams than the Generation of Miracles. Them being the only ones getting hype is getting old fast.

Meromorphe
February 15, 2009, 10:41 AM
So, I've seen the image of Hoop Men (the new manga). The first thing I 've thing is that it is a manga about basketball journalists. :D Not too sure I will follow it.

I hope Kuroko is not threatened, but I don't get it. People will be bored easier with two basketball mangas, so why?

Actually, I think now this decision of launching another basketball manga proves Kuroko is "safe" and Hoop Men won't jeopardize its serialization. To become more generalist and gain new markets WSJ has to launch sports mangas (and not manga with heroes having supernatural power, since Mago and Toriko are successful). Kuroko worked, but it's still not enough for a new reader to especially buy Jump in order to read sport mangas, so they have to try another bball manga.

Koen
February 15, 2009, 01:53 PM
So the second player shows up :). It's always so nice when they hide those faces for later. It's cool they won their match. Kuroko seems to be more than the phantom player if you ask me. He knew the important weaknesses of kise, allowing seiren to win against Kaijou

Maxy Barnard
February 15, 2009, 03:14 PM
christ for a bit i thought i was reading prince of tennis with chapters 8 & 9!

you know that match where ryoma's racket breaks and cuts his eyelid? and he can only play on a time limit or his coach will pull him? or if he can't handle it?

yeah... seriously that hit me sideways.

other than that the ensemble cast is becoming better (well.. the cool pun using control tower and the captain) and the colour page only had like 3 crossed eyes. improvements!

Meromorphe
February 16, 2009, 12:32 PM
Kuroko seems to be more than the phantom player if you ask me. He knew the important weaknesses of kise, allowing seiren to win against Kaijou
You cannot count on Kagami for strategy :) So, it will up to Kuroko and Riko for that in my opinion. In this match Kuroko made the crucial decisions (time-out, how to counter Kise, etc.). The match lasted 4 or 5 chapters, so the mangaka did not have time to show Riko. Next time, she may have more exposure.
To continue the shadow and strategy thema, Kuroko is the Machiavel or Richelieu (or Liu Bei) of Kagami. Since he is in a shadow, I am not surprised he is the one that comes up with good strategies. It's a common trait of these kinds of guys.

Xophien
February 20, 2009, 07:08 PM
I now think we can safely assume there are only weirdos in the Generation of Miracles. But still, Midorima must be breaking records here xD Great chapter, packed with foreshadowing and great humor, I'm honestly begging for more :amuse

Number of puns by Izuki translated : 2*
*I am so gonna keep track of that >.>

Koen
February 21, 2009, 11:34 AM
So Midorima is a shooting guard. Well he isn't a tall one - considering the shooting guards' height he's close to middle but smaller ones, so I doubt if he can play small foward (just too small for that). He's prolly the ray allen of the generation :p

Xophien
February 21, 2009, 11:59 AM
koen, it's not the NBA, it's high school basketball in Japan >.> 195cm tall is seriously huge for someone that, may I remind you, is Japanese and only 15 years old :p (and if I may remind you, Allen Iverson, one of the best shooting guards ever, is only 183cm tall >.>)

Meromorphe
February 21, 2009, 12:51 PM
[off topic]speaking of puns, the best joke I've ever seen translated was in an episode of Druaga second season where the pyramidal scheme (I know it from Welcome to NHK) became in the translation the ponzi scheme that has become very famous with the Madoff affair. I've found quite bold to make a reference to that[/offtopic]

Kuroko could have read the Darrell's letter to Kise :). I am sure he will be back with his own style.

Midorima's design reminds me of a character in Persona 4.
(Note: I do not play video games, though I liked it when I was a kid)

So Midorima is a shooting guard. Well he isn't a tall one - considering the shooting guards' height
Actually, 1m95 seems pretty tall for a japanese high-school student. He is taller than Kise (1m89) and Kagami (1m90). The guys of Seirin he could face during one-on-one are under 1m80.
This time he left me the impression he just is an incredibly accurate shooter. Being taller than his direct opponent makes him easily shoot over him. So, I am not too sure about my predictions from earlier posts.
About the fact that he told Kise he won't have his revenge. Does it mean there is only the winner of the district tournament that can have access to the further rounds?

Otherwise, the chapter was incredibly funny. "Meat is neat" was a very random association of words that made me laugh.

Xophien
February 21, 2009, 02:59 PM
About the fact that he told Kise he won't have his revenge. Does it mean there is only the winner of the district tournament that can have access to the further rounds?

I doubt that, since Seirin managed to make it to the Kantou tournament the year before, and if Shuutoku is such a strong school like Midorima seems to say and is in the same district, I doubt only one school qualifies for the tournament above (otherwise, I doubt Midorima would have joined a school defeated at the district level the year before).

Could be that Shuutoku and Seirin will face each other in the first rounds of the tournament, though, and Midorima (and Riko) know it already :amuse

Otherwise, the chapter was incredibly funny. "Meat is neat" was a very random association of words that made me laugh.Original pun is "kono suteeki... suteki" (this steak is... great). I'm glad I managed to somehow keep the spirit of the pun :p

Maxy Barnard
February 21, 2009, 07:13 PM
steak is great is an unusually good pun in english too, a kinda rhyme.... great work switching it up to a better one though xoph!

Koen
February 21, 2009, 07:45 PM
koen, it's not the NBA, it's high school basketball in Japan >.> 195cm tall is seriously huge for someone that, may I remind you, is Japanese and only 15 years old :p (and if I may remind you, Allen Iverson, one of the best shooting guards ever, is only 183cm tall >.>)

I know xophien. I didn't say he was too small for a shooting guard but in average nba height he's just minimum heigh to play small forward. and I obvisouly did a :p at the end.

Basketball isn't about one position. But yeah making it japanese, he's certainly tall. I was just already making assumptions to some upcoming games: tacticwise

I like this manga a lot. As soon as I read this, I enjoyed this a lot. I expect some great tactics and game explanations like most sports manga have. I am just placing some famous faces to the positions

anyway this manga is really great. I don't understand why some people really don't like this. The art is great, the story is great, the characters and the play is cool

Maxy Barnard
February 21, 2009, 08:21 PM
well my counterpoint is that the art is really hit n miss. great sense of kinetics and action, but the eyes on about 60% of the characters are crossed, creating a very... uneasy visual style

other than that it's really come into it's own, and i can only hope it continues to influence my belief in the four new age jump pillars

Muddy
February 21, 2009, 10:35 PM
steak is great is an unusually good pun in english too, a kinda rhyme.... great work switching it up to a better one though xoph!

Hmm... steaktacular?

Um, anyway, I don't quite understand your problem with the eyes, Noodles. I never noticed anything off. Nor do I understand the general disregard this series seems to have received - but all the better; those of us who see the truth can have it all to ourselves :P I'm glad the Japanese seem to like it too, for now at least.

Another excellent chapter, in any case.

DeidaraGrimmjow
February 21, 2009, 11:29 PM
Um, anyway, I don't quite understand your problem with the eyes, Noodles. I never noticed anything off. Nor do I understand the general disregard this series seems to have received - but all the better; those of us who see the truth can have it all to ourselves :P I'm glad the Japanese seem to like it too, for now at least.

Another excellent chapter, in any case.

I do see the cross eyes but nevertheless, this manga certainly has found a place in my heart. It is good, and I wasn't too keen on it at first either. So yeah it's all ours! :)

Meromorphe
February 23, 2009, 03:07 PM
I doubt that, since Seirin managed to make it to the Kantou tournament the year before, and if Shuutoku is such a strong school like Midorima seems to say and is in the same district, I doubt only one school qualifies for the tournament above (otherwise, I doubt Midorima would have joined a school defeated at the district level the year before).

Could be that Shuutoku and Seirin will face each other in the first rounds of the tournament, though, and Midorima (and Riko) know it already :amuse

That's a valid argumentation. I would prefer Seirin to face Shuutoku in the end of the district tournament, so that they are both qualified.

Hmm... steaktacular?

A steaktacular move by Michael Jordan (from the Bulls):o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1yNyRwd7w&feature=related

Nor do I understand the general disregard this series seems to have received - but all the better; those of us who see the truth can have it all to ourselves :P I'm glad the Japanese seem to like it too, for now at least.

I also think Kuroko won't be very popular on MH, but we can celebrate the fact it has been added to favorites more than one hundred times. It is also good scanlators like it, since we have 3 scanlations this week :party :beer
[hr]
Since we have reached 10 chapters, there should be soon the first tankobon. I especially wait for the omake. With such weird characters, they will be awesome without any effort. I already see the lucky item of the day being an anvil making Midorima very slow during the game :)
It seems there was a 4-koma of Kuroko for celebrating the new year and it was funny. Someone knows what it was about? I did not find it on raw-paradise (link was dead). Thanks in advance.

Today my lucky item of the day was
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5843/30503399.jpg (http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=30503399.jpg)
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/30503399.jpg/1/w79.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img201/30503399.jpg/1/)
a bag of grated cheese.

Maxy Barnard
February 23, 2009, 03:36 PM
first tanks out in april btw, same as bokke and meister i believe

and the 4koma didn't even need translation, hes just sitting there reading and drinking and stuff mysteriously changes each panel

DeidaraGrimmjow
February 23, 2009, 09:42 PM
They should just put the chapters of Meister into one big volume. It would not make sense to do otherwise.

Maxy Barnard
February 23, 2009, 09:59 PM
they want more money out of it, so two volumes makes some sense business wise

DeidaraGrimmjow
February 23, 2009, 10:52 PM
Wouldn't that mean that the volumes would be smaller than normal?

Also, so I don;t get too far off the forum subject, I think the Miracles are being introduced too fast. I hope they aren't the only noteworthy players in this manga...

Maxy Barnard
February 24, 2009, 03:54 AM
m&y had the same treatment, i never checked how the length came out with that

anyway back on topic, i think it's okay how the pace is goign with the generation of miracles, cause in the end they're not as important as the inevitable matches we have to wait for between kagami and them in his pursuit of surpassing them

Meromorphe
February 25, 2009, 03:04 PM
Remember the color page in the first chapter?
I did not succeed in doing the who is who between Kise, Midorima and the generation of miracles we see on this color page. Did someone try? My better guess would be Midorima on the complete left side and Kise sitting down. Or maybe the silhouettes have nothing to do with the final chara designs.

Maxy Barnard
February 25, 2009, 03:32 PM
most of the time the sillhouettes look nothing like the characters in this sorta thing, it's just how it rolls.

or i could just be bad at spotting them in there

Koen
February 25, 2009, 05:25 PM
I think kuroko is the logical sports winner. The story started great from the beginning talking about a sixth player that was acknowledged by the generation. The art is really cool and in contrast to some people I love those eyes :p. I certainly look forward to more, kuroko might be that new awaited sports serie jump really needed. Baskteball rocks, the game is really cool and I hope game tactics will be part of the story too.

Maxy Barnard
February 25, 2009, 07:04 PM
we can only hope volume 1 sells well to confirm it's apparent anthology popularity

DeidaraGrimmjow
February 25, 2009, 08:07 PM
Does Jump have a habit of having one good sports series in at any given time or two?

Maxy Barnard
February 25, 2009, 08:13 PM
sports series just rarely seem to take ahold of jump nowadays. Prince of tennis and eyeshield were both good when they ran alongside each other, but the lightning striking for a sports series in jump is so rare it's almost disheartening for budding sports mangakas

DeidaraGrimmjow
February 25, 2009, 09:37 PM
sports series just rarely seem to take ahold of jump nowadays. Prince of tennis and eyeshield were both good when they ran alongside each other, but the lightning striking for a sports series in jump is so rare it's almost disheartening for budding sports mangakas

I wonder if Kuroko could someday fill their shoes (I like Kuroko but I seriously doubt it, especially in PoT's case)

Meromorphe
February 28, 2009, 04:04 AM
Does Jump have a habit of having one good sports series in at any given time or two?

Xophien said earlier in this thread that there has been 3 sports manga in any Jump era.

I hope game tactics will be part of the story too.
I am sure they will be. We already feel that's characters will be built up and their personalities will change during the matches and with that they will have new "abilities" (in the previous match Kagami outperformed Kise physically during the buzzzer beater action) making new tactics available. I am not too sure though how tactics will be detailed with schemes during time-outs for example. The one during this game was really for lol. Riko: "What! That ended when I was strangling Kuroko!" :darn

The question now is: will Kuroko score one day? :D
[hr]
This manga is awesome. We even learn things about wrestling moves.

At least, some background on the color pages. It was good.

Kuroko is such an awesome character. He is very quiet and discrete, but he has this strong determination that is shown when he wants to beat the generation of miracles or tries to stop the violent guys on the street court with his "spinning ball on the nose" technique.

I am also amazed that a very straightforward character without any nuance like Kagami works so well.

predsfan
February 28, 2009, 04:30 AM
I gotta agree with you Metamorphe. I love Kuroko's character. He is just too funny sometimes. I loved when he was like "I would've been beaten up 100%, look at these biceps." That had me lmao. Also, him in the Walls of Jericho/Boston Crab at the end was pretty hilarious as well.

Kagami on the other hand, is rather boring to me. Maybe he seems too cliche or something, but I find myself cheering against him. I prefer Kise much more than Kagami.

Xophien
February 28, 2009, 04:39 AM
Kise (and Midorima, too) would have been just too crazy to be good sidekicks for Kuroko. He needs a tsukkomi character (straight man) to makes him seem even more fun (heck, when Kagami slaps Kuroko on the back of the head, it's typical manzai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzai)). That's why I think here the whole is better than the sum of its parts, and Kuroko and Kagami will make a fine comedy duo :p

Koen
February 28, 2009, 05:27 AM
Hmmm, there's something about manzai that rings me a bell

Anyway nice chapter. Some character and friendship development. It's always so funny when kuroko acts unexpectedly. The faces of kise and kagami when he interrupted those scum. Kagamichii :rofl

Meromorphe
March 01, 2009, 03:01 AM
Kise (and Midorima, too) would have been just too crazy to be good sidekicks for Kuroko.
I don't find Kise so weird. Actually, I would find Kagami's behavior more outstanding when he laughs very loudly in the middle of the match. But I agree that Kagami is the perfect counterpart for Kuroko in any aspect.

It seems each player of the generation of miracles has a special ability. I do not expect any ability to be defensive, but, when I can easily imagine a special ability for the point guard and the center (I will spam the thread about my hypotheses later), it becomes difficult with the small forward (I assume Kise is the power forward).

I wonder if Kagami will really have a special ability like Kuroko or Midorima. For the moment I can only think of one word: hustle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9o6t0-4pCQ&feature=channel_page
For those who don't know, warning: it is nearly 5 minutes long, quality is low and a horrible music was added during the plays. But "what a play!" *10 :eek:

Koen
March 05, 2009, 04:44 AM
Well Kagami is still unaware of his skill but I think kuroko isn't unaware. Kuroko can read his opponent's intentions pretty well. Kuroko definitely had a reason to help kagami beating the generation of miracles. He must have seen something back then. As a point guard you have to read the game and your teamplayers. Well let's see what it'll bring...

Meromorphe
March 09, 2009, 03:18 PM
Hmmm, there's something about manzai that rings me a bell
What is about a manga using it or in general? Because, coincidentally I have begun to read a manga making explicitely reference to the manzai dynamics in the jokes between the main characters a few days days later. It is named Love Roma and it's very hilarious, but I won't dare to recommend such a manga in a shonen thread (though I already did with Usagi Drop, but that's my limit).

The word manzai reminds me of manzana :beer, but I guess it's not what rings you a bell. This paragraph is accompanied with a prevention message against abuse of alcohol.

Well Kagami is still unaware of his skill but I think kuroko isn't unaware. Kuroko can read his opponent's intentions pretty well. Kuroko definitely had a reason to help kagami beating the generation of miracles. He must have seen something back then. As a point guard you have to read the game and your teamplayers. Well let's see what it'll bring...
If Kise has felt something, for sure Kuroko has also felt something. But I am not sure his special ability is what decides Kuroko to help him. Last chapter suggests more something about Kagami's feelings and enthusiasm for Basketball that impress Kuroko. But very certainly, there is no point in promising such a thing if Kuroko does not see a possibility that it will come true. What is interesting in Kuroko's words is that he wants to try, although they start far behind the generation of miracles.

On a side note we see our pun lover #5 on the court when Kuroko comes back (ch. 9), so I would tend to think that Kuroko is small forward and not point guard.
[hr]
Battle for a sandwich.

I wonder how the mangaka and his assistants can draw the panel page 10. This one is incredible and there are a lot of other panels with a lot of characters that were drawn. On the opposite the page 3 (I don't know if these special pages have a name) was very "spartan" with only Kuroko and no background. It seems for me it's the author's choice to do simple things for these special pages or the color page (Hoop men immediately try to have complex color pages, Murata's trademarks?).

The number of basketball club members was not clear for me, but it seems there are fifteen people. I wonder how many players have the rights to enter a regular match. I guess the maximum is 12. I predict a few will remain completely anonymous at the end of the manga :D

What did Seirin do last year? Did they go the inter-high? I am confused with this chapter. It seems the author changes and makes them lose in the preliminary tournament.

The topic about how the generation of miracles improving come back, so I keep my prediction that Midorima has now the ability to create himself his shoots through feints and can shoot in any position. Even if he does not have this ability, since he is tall, only Kagami can defend on him.

From Riko's reaction they will go against a strong opponent for their first match. I predict the opponent will resist at the beginning, but the end of the match will be quick, when Seirin finds the means to beat them.

PS: Page 5, Izuki near the door daydreaming at his desk was an epic panel.
PPS: Sousuke Sagara's technique in Fumoffu would have solved the problem as well to get the sandwich :p

Koen
March 09, 2009, 03:54 PM
Good chapter to set things up for the preliminaries. I wonder what's with their upcoming opponent. Delinquents? Tall guys? Something else?

It was obvious kuroko would be the first one (was he the only one?) getting that sandwich. Go with the flow. A good lesson for the others. Anyway I look forward to more. Kuroko no Basket is a very decent (to good) sports manga

Meromorphe
March 14, 2009, 06:41 AM
It is said in the first chapter that Kuroko was acknowledged by the other teammates of the generation of miracles. I wonder if this acknowledgement also implies that Kuroko was the only playmaker in the team. And that would mean in particular that the point guard's playstyle was very individual in middle school. If so, he should have a very good and spectacular technical level.

I have the feeling the PG will be the last character among the generation of miracles to be introduced.
[hr]
New chapter: :wtf kitten :wtf

After koen's post, I wanted to predict something for the sake of it and that the opponent would be a team good in defense especially blocks and rebounds, but I forgot to post. It seems obvious now they have this quality. I wonder how Papa will be good technically, if he already has power and height, he should have some weakness.

I predict a key point is to lower the opponent's stats in terms of offensive rebounds. There will be some struggle to be placed under the basket.

So, Shuutoku and Seirin will face each other during the final of their block A and only one team will pass.

Koen
March 14, 2009, 07:34 AM
It is a black man :D, why didn't I think about that :). Anyway the tournament is going to start, no? Or is this just a prelimanery match for the table? It's obvious Papa's weakness will be kuroko. He couldn't see him and bumped onto him. But yeah they'll have to be efficient in scoring to avoid rebounds

maybe in defense someone bigger should mark Papa

Meromorphe
March 15, 2009, 05:12 AM
I think it is the start of the tournament, but some teams have less matches than others.
I've counted you can have 6 matches maximum before the block's final. Then, there is the final league (final four) that seems rather weird, since 3 out of 4 can be qualified. From a panel, it does not seem it will be on the mode semi-final, final, but rather each team meets once the others.

It's obvious Papa's weakness will be kuroko.
Do you speak about Seirin's offensive plays or defensive ones?
During offenses I don't think Papa will be outplayed by Kuroko personally. By that, I mean Kuroko making penetrations and directly confronting Papa to either score or find new oppportunities for his teammates. I don't expect him to take some shoots before the match agaist Shuutoku (if it ever happens in the manga).
I see Kuroko playing with his current skills, making sharp passes allowing his teammates to attack the basket and make some easy lay-ups in a space free from Papa's blocks. Number of combinations will also increase (in comparison to the previous match). Surely, there will be some rebound passes unreachable for Papa and one or two screens Papa will bump to causing a foul, but the latter will be just for lol.

In my opinion Riko's special training is mainly about defense to double team Papa and prevent the passes to reach Papa.

ice_queen
March 16, 2009, 09:41 AM
The final league concept is the same one that was used in Slam Dunk. The 4 teams will play each other, and the 3 teams with better results will advance(in Slam Dunk, though, only 2 teams would be qualified for the Interhigh).

Good to see that Kuroko is still as cute as ever. The pace for this manga is too fast, though. It´s been only 4 chapters since the last game ended.

Little adventures like the 'sandwich hunting´ would be more than welcomed. No need to rush here, really.

ice_queen

Meromorphe
March 17, 2009, 02:11 PM
The pace for this manga is too fast, though. It´s been only 4 chapters since the last game ended.
Personally, I take the match against Shuutoku as reference to consider if the pace is too fast or not. From now (ch. 13), if it takes less than 20 chapters to reach this match, I will definitely consider it as too fast.

I feel the mangaka wants to use the time between matches to slowly build up his characters (and we have 6 ones before Shuutoku).

DeidaraGrimmjow
March 24, 2009, 11:16 PM
What is an interhigh? Will the best three teams qualify for another tournament, or will they simply play against each other for the championship?

Meromorphe
March 26, 2009, 02:18 PM
Since there is no public scanlation of chapter 5, I did not have a good look at it and have only recently noticed that these guys seen from behind were shown with their faces in this chapter. So, nothing to speculate about them :oh

What is an interhigh? Will the best three teams qualify for another tournament, or will they simply play against each other for the championship?
I think we first have a district tournament with 4 blocks and a final four.
Three of the teams in the final four are qualified for a tournament at prefecture level that is named interhigh tournament.
Afterwards, it is the national championship. It is what I have understood.
[hr]
With this chapter Kuroko no Basket passes Dogashi Kaiden. Not that I am worried about its future, but it is nice to see that sports mangas can survive in Jump (Xoph', I am not superstitious ;))

This remark shall be done somewhere in this thread (Did I miss?), but a chapter's title is words pronounced in the chapter. It works quite right for the moment. Everytime, they are interesting catchlines that make sense without the context.

First page is a showdown of Riko's faces. It lacks Riko smiling after Seirin's victory and Riko blushing when Kuroko confesses to her after the match :o
Since it was a pass for Kagami, the easy lay-up becomes a dunk in your face :amuse

I am surprised we already see Seirin's plans to counter Dad. I was expecting the next chapter for it. It should also mean the match won't last long, 5 or 6 chapters (maybe less). The momentum was reversed during this chapter, but I suspect it will reverse again in favor of Shinkyou. Kuroko's time limit may be a factor for it.

I am not surprised to see Dad technically limited: a low average with his shoots when he has an opposition, no typical post-up moves to go to the hoop (though post-up moves could be shown later in the match, but I doubt).

I find interesting that Riko normally plans to use Kuroko as the sixth man. I really thought he would have been a starter in Riko's mind. I can't picture him not to be a starter against Shuutoku, so I really want to know what will happen in the future matches of the district (Yeah, Seirin will win this one :D)

A question for XOPHIEN!!! I did not understand why the expression "tenacity group" comes in the conversation. I think I understand the global page, so that's not so important. Thanks.

bleach91
March 27, 2009, 01:37 PM
Vol.01 cover

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2553/456juw.jpg

Meromorphe
March 28, 2009, 11:02 AM
The cover is not bad. That would have been a good color page instead of the one of chapter 15 that is so white that it made me blind.
Not sure anonymous teammates were really necessary (they could have waited the next volume), but transparent Kuroko is a nice idea.
What bugs me is the "general layout" of the cover. The title is written in an old-fashioned logo and the numero of the volume has been put in an ugly orange ball. They did not get any good infographist to work on it?

Maxy Barnard
March 28, 2009, 03:00 PM
hate to say it, but kuroko doesn't look to have the cover of a successful series (doesn't look iconic or overly interesting)

Meromorphe
April 04, 2009, 04:21 PM
Chapter 15:

An alley-oop with a bounce pass, I know this one by Detroit Pistons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEeBLc5c0Nc

For a two-chapters long match that was pretty good. We have seen the right moments when Seirin takes the advantage. I particurlaly appreciate the offensive rebound of Kagami. But I think the match could be worth to have another chapter. We see how Papa was neutralized, but not really how his team was weak and could not do anything without him. Anyway, the mangaka shall keep some new things for the upcoming matches.

I find in this match that Riko is the one that comes up with plans for the match and manages the team. The mangaka begins really to show her role in this match. I think the other teammates will have more screentime to show their true abilities, but maybe not until the match against Shuutoku. With two chapters the mangaka could only show Kagami and Kuroko.

I laughed at the the words of Papa "Like hell I'd say that! Moron, idiot!! I won't lose next time!!!" Somehow, Tadatoshi blows up some conventions in the sports mangas.

I predict the unexpected opponent is Riko's father's team (too many possibilities for being right, but...).

Until the match against Shuutoku I hope we will see Seirin's basketball team becomes kind of famous in the school to attract some spectators and new characters, but also outside the school. Certainly, they will meet weaker teams that will try to stop Kagami and perhaps play dirty on him.
[hr]

I think the other teammates will have more screentime to show their true abilities,
Speaking of true abilities I really wonder which strong points the pun-lover PG has. Since Kuroko is good at passes and have a good vision of the game and he's good to steal balls in defense, Izuki (if I remember correctly) won't probably have the usual strong skills of a PG.
He will not be the leader on the court. Hyuga is more this type.
Just handling ball and not losing it seem a little cheap as a skill, maybe he will prove to keep the ball in the critical moments.
My best bet would be that he is fast and good at going through the defense. Maybe we will see some pick and roll between him and Kagami (although I am sure there are some fangirls that wait for the first pick and roll between Kuroko and Kagami :p)

For the others, well, I think we have already seen what the captain is able to do. Mitobe seems good at defense, but I don't think he will be special in attack. And for the last, Koganei, it seems he is just average everywhere.
And I wonder where the fifth starter of the previous year is. Too scared of his replacement Kagami?
[hr]
Chapter 16

After their first victory the mangaka goes straight to the point by introducing the players of Shutoku. They seem like a bunch of all-stars. At least, we will see all the team (at least 4 of them) having a strong role during a match. Against Kise's team and Papa's team, only one person in the team was a real threat.

Midorima's weirdness is my favorite. I already love Kuroko going out of nowhere and surprising eveyone, but the lucky item of the day and other strange habits of him really crack me up. The contrast in the last panel between the epicness of the image and Midorima's words was great (Karate teddy bear :love) I would have preferred a meeting during the final four, so that he's still here during the inter-high tournament.

The three games after the first one were very fast-paced, Tadatoshi still manages to make me laugh with the thugs from the streetball match. I would not mind more material to extend the plot. It seems from Xophien's note that there will be at least one difficult match before Shutoku, because they are supposed to meet Seihou and it would remain only Senshikan from the 3 kings in the final four. I wonder if this last one has a member of the generation of miracles. It is weird that in the last ten years those 3 schools were everytime in different blocks.

It seems there are more spectators than during the first match, but I don't know whether it is because we are further in the tournament or because of Shutoku's presence. It lacks some female cheerleaders, though.

KuwabaraTheMan
April 04, 2009, 10:12 PM
Chapter 15 was pretty good. I'm surprised the game only lasted two chapters, but it was still enjoyable. Kagami seems to be growing a lot in skill already, and the Shuutoku players are also getting built up.

I'm kind of surprised at the speed the manga is going right now, but it's staying really enjoyable. Can't wait to see what direction it goes in next.

Horsee
April 05, 2009, 12:32 AM
Volume 1 cover, better quality:
http://img.7andy.jp/bks/images/b8/07219428.JPG

Meromorphe
April 10, 2009, 03:27 PM
Can't wait to see what direction it goes in next.
On the one side the plot and thus the direction is pretty clear, since we know there is the generation of miracles to defeat, on the other side I understand your feelings and I also want to see what will happen, because I feel the first 15 and half chapters were a brief introduction to Kuroko no Basket the manga and the real deal begins now with the epic double-page entry of Shutoku. Will the mangaka start sub-plots of supporting characters that intertwine or keep its storytelling with minimal material? Either way, I will be fine, since I mainly read Kuroko, because it makes me laugh.

About ch. 16 I am surprised that Kuroko remains on the bench if I understand right. Perhaps, there is a connection to the hellish training mentioned earlier. Riko told Kagami and Kuroko they would have a special training in ch. 13, but we only saw the results of this training with Kagami.

KuwabaraTheMan
April 10, 2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I'm mainly interested to see what happens with the direction the series is going. If we're going to get more with the rest of the team, and if we'll meet some other strong teams aside from the ones with the other Miracle players.

How the series goes from here on out will determine if it's just a fun little series or if it becomes something really great.

Meromorphe
April 13, 2009, 01:29 PM
Chapter 17

I wait for the translation for a complete comment on it, but from the raw, I can already tell that Tadatoshi explores new things in sports mangas that ES21 did not. Not only the skills (Kuroko's and Midorima's) are cool but also funny. I already laughed a lot at the shadow thing and with this chapter the shoot that goes to the sky and falls in the basket was an epic and funny moment. In ES21, only the attitudes of the characters were funny, but I don't remember funny skills (on the other hand there are here to take down the adversary).

I understand now better why Midorima won at rock-paper-scissors and he really relies on his luck to score points. :D
When he appeared for the first time, I misunderstood his true nature. I thought winning at rock-paper-scissors showed a capacity to anticipate the opponent's moves.
So, I guessed right that he was a shooting guard, but for the wrong reasons. This day, my lucky item was:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1450/antennatv.jpg (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=antennatv.jpg)
a TV antenna. It explains why I was so lucky.

Tensai_Sakuragi
April 13, 2009, 08:35 PM
I don´t think it´s just his luck, though. That´d be way too supernatural. :p

His shooting form and depth perception are the real deal. His luck is just a bonus. The fact that he can turn his back to the ball after shooting a 3-pointer reminds me of Larry Bird. Amazing shooting skills. :amuse

Kagami´s being kind of a monster lately. :blink The guy is plowing through the tournament like he´s possessed or something.

DeidaraGrimmjow
April 15, 2009, 08:08 AM
I don't mind the sqinty eyed guy, but the guy with the weird mouth and the depressed looking one need to go...

Meromorphe
April 15, 2009, 01:38 PM
I don´t think it´s just his luck, though. That´d be way too supernatural. :p

His shooting form and depth perception are the real deal. His luck is just a bonus. The fact that he can turn his back to the ball after shooting a 3-pointer reminds me of Larry Bird. Amazing shooting skills. :amuse

Don't forget the symbolism of manga characters. His skill with shooting, his superstitious habits and his personality are intertwined in him. If nothing opposes his luck that day, he will feel lucky and feeling lucky will make him win in chance games and so he will be lucky.

It is the same with his shooting. If he considers lucky, his state of mind will make him succeed his shoots. But if something breaks this state of mind, he will begin to miss his shoots. Feeling lucky is really the catalyst of his concentration. I wonder how Seirin will break that. Perhaps, Kuroko will bring a black cat or some hard defense of Kagami or trash talking of Hyuuga.

Speaking of Larry Bird, the two characteristics of Hyuuga, being a clutch player and the trash talking, were two traits of Larry Bird as well.

KuwabaraTheMan
April 17, 2009, 11:36 PM
Man, Midorima is just crazy. 100% shooting accuracy? Shuutoku in general just seems way too strong. I can't imagine how they're going to get defeated.

Seirin is going to have to level up a lot before they can even stand on the same court as them.

Meromorphe
April 19, 2009, 03:45 AM
Ch. 17
If Shutoku wins with 153 points, 38 points at the end of the 2nd quarter is rather low.
There is still something hidden in Midorima according to Hyuuga, perhaps my prediction on him is not false. Wait and see.
Two matches in a row during the finals may be a possibility to expose first-years other than Kuroko and Kagami.
Something of the past unveiled in the next chapter may be about the 2nd years to give them more importance in the match. But the author can also wait for the matches to make some flash-backs, since they confronted each other last year.
[hr]
It seems there was a re-init of Kuroko in favorites. If you had it as a favorite, you may need to add it again. I hope we will reach 100 rapidly again.
About Kuroko's main page on MH, I would like to thank the person that put the static color page.

Ch. 18

What is Kagami scratching on the first page?? :blink

Good "claquette" on page 6 (What is the English term?). I am fond of this type of actions.

Some good laughs with Izuki's lame joke and Kuroko justifying he is going under the consequences of the two matches on the same day with "proper muscle ache".

More information about the other king in this chapter. Since the info is only focused on one guy (Tsugawa), I think the match will be short like the one in the first round.

It is very random the one who comes up with a strategy; sometimes it is Kuroko, sometimes Riko and now Hyuuga.
At first, I have thought that to counter Tsugawa, Hyuuga wants to make Kuroko play in his influence zone. Since he does not keep the ball very long, Kuroko won't lose it. But, more likely, Seihou will do an individual defense against Kagami with their best player and Tsugawa's sadistic attitude fits more a direct confrontation with Kagami.
I think to keep some forces for the match just after and slow down the pace of Seihou, which seems rather fast, Seirin will make a full use of the 24 seconds during their offenses.

The captain of the middle school Teikou's team is the number 4. Number 4 was also the center of the color page in the first chapter (and so the main antagonist among the generation of miracles). So far, it is consistent, but I would rather have an indication about his position.

KuwabaraTheMan
April 19, 2009, 12:53 PM
More information about the other king in this chapter. Since the info is only focused on one guy (Tsugawa), I think the match will be short like the one in the first round.

I'm thinking it will probably be a little longer, since these guys are supposed to a King. It would be odd if the match only took a couple of chapters. Up until now, most of the matches have been against no name schools.

We saw Hyuuga show off some leadership skills here, so hopefully he's going to get more development now. We need to round out the rest of the Seirin team before the Seihou match, I think.

Xophien
April 25, 2009, 02:28 PM
I completely agree, the second years should be the focus of this first match, because as strong as they are, Kuroko and Kagami just can't win he match by themselves. Maybe Tsugawa has been made an excellent defense player just so that Kagami leaves some space for the senpais to show off how much they've improved? Koganei doesn't seem like the type to get much screentime, but I'm expecting Izuki and Mitobe to show off a bit this time (the former being a nightmare and the latter a dream for the translator >.>).

Either way, ch18 mentioned that the first volume was sold out and being reprinted (haven't been able to find sale figures yet, tough), so I guess this manga could actually survive for a while? :shakefist

(first post in a while just to show off my new sig >.>)

Meromorphe
April 25, 2009, 04:51 PM
Xophien is here, it's party time :confetti
Nice fanart of Riko in the sig. You should post in an ES21 thread. Here, you will find only converted people :D (We are three :p). The fanart seems to have been done after the release of the cover, since she has a pink whistle, but her gesture does not make think of any panel in the manga. I may have a blank.

Either way, ch18 mentioned that the first volume was sold out and being reprinted (haven't been able to find sale figures yet, tough), so I guess this manga could actually survive for a while? :shakefist

Ooh! I missed this point in the previous chapter. I am no longer worried about his future :)

(the former being a nightmare and the latter a dream for the translator >.>).

:XD
I have a sufficient level in japanese to understand Mitobe :D

Ch. 19
Before this chapter I thought Tadatoshi would wait for the match against Shutoku to show more the other players of Seirin, but the whole revenge thing makes me agree with you. We will see a bit how they have improved since last year. It does not mean their improvement will be entirely satisfactory and the author could play the card "the other players shall still improve to keep up with Kagami".
From this chapter I have the feeling that Kagami and Kuroko could do a lot of damage alone, because the players of Seihou were not presented as particularly good. For example, Tsugawa is shaved and so does not have any weird hair color :p I still think the match will last between 2 and 4 chapters (5 is the gray zone and I don't believe it will last six or more chapters). I am glad the color page corresponds to an important event in the manga (the beginning of a new match) this time, but I think the manga has too many color pages. I would prefer color pages when it is important in the story. Anyway, it still is good for Tadatoshi, since the last chapter of Bakuman suggests the mangakas are more paid with a color page.

Otherwise, Seihou team is rather short, so it corresponds to this image of mobility from the last chapter. I think there is a term to speak of a NBA team with shorter people (especially for center and power forward positions), but I don't remember it.

KuwabaraTheMan
April 26, 2009, 11:51 AM
I definitely think we're going to see more of the 2nd years. That's where this chapter seemed to be going in the second half.

We got properly introduced to Seihou this time, and they seem pretty strong. Not tall, but if they have their mobility and defense that we've heard about, they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Meromorphe
April 26, 2009, 03:51 PM
We got properly introduced to Seihou this time, and they seem pretty strong.
It is just a feeling of how Tadatoshi wants to show how important they are in the story, but they seem weaker than Shutoku for me. In order to avoid complaints like "Seirin barely wins against Seihou, is exhausted, but still wins against Shutoku, I can't believe it", the author may make Seirin controls the match at a certain point. In this configuration, the match will still be close, but Seirin will not be in danger. In the first round they control their game from the 2nd quarter to the end. It is a possibility.
Either way, I would be fine with Hyuuga scoring a buzzer beater to show how the second years have improved.

KuwabaraTheMan
April 26, 2009, 04:17 PM
It is just a feeling of how Tadatoshi wants to show how important they are in the story, but they seem weaker than Shutoku for me. In order to avoid complaints like "Seirin barely wins against Seihou, was exhausted, but still wins against Shutoku, I can't believe it", the author may make Seirin controls the match at a certain point. In this configuration, the match will still be close, but Seirin will not be in danger. In the first round they control their game from the 2nd quarter to the end. It is a possibility.
Either way, I would be fine with Hyuuga scoring a buzzer beater to show how the second years have improved.

Well, obviously Shutoku are the ones to really look out for, but I don't think Seihou should be overlooked, either.

I can see this being a match that goes down to the wire, based on how they've been built up by the characters.

alexlw92
May 10, 2009, 10:49 AM
whens the new raw come out? i thought it was WSJ, and everything else is out already >.<
*edit*YAY THE RAWs OUT!

isnt it kinda obvious how to stop midorima? just block his shot
except the mangaka will probably counter that also...

*edit*YAY THE RAWs OUT!
is the bald guy like shane battier?
in this sense http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/magazine/15Battier-t.html

Pirulito
May 11, 2009, 09:24 AM
Hey, fellows, I need a info. Could you help me?

How many chapters has the first volume of Kuroko?
And, where I can get that kind of info for other series?

Koen
May 11, 2009, 04:53 PM
@piru: with some good luck, you might find it on wiki ^^

anyway I finally caught up with kuroko. I love this manga. The sports is great and it isn't overproduced at all. I do look forward to the upcoming matches but I am kinda surprised how everything is fast paced at this moment. Anyway the matches aren't taking long at this moment and that might be a good thing.

Shurou
May 14, 2009, 05:10 AM
Ah, Kuroko stopping his pass in the nick of time was priceless... Speaks volumes about his basketball awareness and senses :)

krav3n
May 14, 2009, 10:44 AM
I'm hooked! I want to read more! Too bad chapter 20 is not yet scanlated. T_T

Xophien
May 14, 2009, 01:35 PM
How many chapters has the first volume of Kuroko?

Seven. The next volumes should have the usual 9, I guess.

I'm hooked! I want to read more! Too bad chapter 20 is not yet scanlated. T_T

The translator is entirely to be blamed for that. Should you see him, feel free to stone him to death or something :sweat

At least I managed to get it in time before the next raw day^^;;

Meromorphe
May 14, 2009, 02:39 PM
isnt it kinda obvious how to stop midorima? just block his shot
Usually, the teams play to make a comfortable position for the shooter. Even so, if the defender is near the shooter, having a good timing to block the ball is difficult. Moreover, Midorima is tall and his shoot goes high very fast, so blocks like the one of Papa on Hyuuga in the previous match won't happen. So, I think he will be blocked, but just a few times.

Chapter 20
I was expecting Midorima on the color page, perhaps next time, which is surprisingly soon.
I don't believe the nanba run is more efficient than the normal run and preserves more stamina. I want to see some studies.
More generally, I am not impressed at martial arts improving one's way of playing basketball.
As expected it takes one chapter for Kagami to have the advantage against his opponent (Tsugawa's last sentence suggests the duel may not be over entirely).
It won't be sufficient alone to have the lead in the game and so we will see more of the other members (and this famous strategy).

I bet the next chapter will begin in the second quarter and Seriin losing 10 behind.

PS: big lol at "Go donate your blood or something"

Xophien
May 14, 2009, 03:10 PM
I don't believe the nanba run is more efficient than the normal run and preserves more stamina. I want to see some studies.

Shingo Suetsugu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingo_Suetsugu) trained with that method and held the Asian record for the 200m run. I wasn't able to find any proper english page on the internet that talks about it, but there seems to be a good number of page in Japanese (including a Wikipedia one (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%8A%E3%83%B3%E3%83%90%E8%B5%B0%E3%82%8A), where I got most of the stuff), and it does seem like a sound theory. Since your body isn't twisting more than necessary, your stamina doesn't decrease as much, you're more stable, and since you're making less useless movements, you can use more power more easily. It's just that it's probably not used much because it's hard to get used to it, and honestly, try to walk like that, you'll just look ridiculous >.>;

mmlcs36
May 15, 2009, 07:55 AM
Chapter 21 raws by me
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/28348

Meromorphe
May 17, 2009, 03:37 PM
Oh, Xoph, I see you prefer the bordeaux of MH Senpai to the purple of translator. Do we wish you a happy retirement or is it too early? :D

Shingo Suetsugu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingo_Suetsugu) trained with that method and held the Asian record for the 200m run. I wasn't able to find any proper english page on the internet that talks about it, but there seems to be a good number of page in Japanese (including a Wikipedia one (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%8A%E3%83%B3%E3%83%90%E8%B5%B0%E3%82%8A), where I got most of the stuff), and it does seem like a sound theory. Since your body isn't twisting more than necessary, your stamina doesn't decrease as much, you're more stable, and since you're making less useless movements, you can use more power more easily. It's just that it's probably not used much because it's hard to get used to it, and honestly, try to walk like that, you'll just look ridiculous >.>;

The fact you found just one person tends to proves me it is not more efficient. Seriously, there are trainers, scientists and doctors that study the body movements a lot to improve the athletes. For example, in natation they go to study the swimming of dolphins or the formation of bubbles between fingers. If the nanba run was more efficient, every athlete would have done it. I wait for a really serious scientific study to have a proper opinion on it. Nanba run seems a good fitness exercice, though.

Ch. 21
Seirin doing their best to rally Seihou was really good.
From all Kuroko's lines that were already excellent the new one "I will do my best not to be depressed" is my favorite one.
Kagami has already 3 faults. Normally, he will be on the bench for the 2nd and 3rd quarters and comes back in the 4th. He can be out because of 5 faults rapidly, but it will make Riko dumb to let him on the court.
The PG Itsuki is really attracted by the ring. In this chapter and the previous ones he does a lay-up.

mmlcs36
May 22, 2009, 07:53 AM
Here you are the Spoiler pictures for Kuroko no Basket 22
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/29765

Release Notes
It is okay to have a mirror. However, whatever when you want to quote, make a mirror or anything else with this raw, please write down me, as the original uploader. If I found anywhere that without quoting the sources, I will condemn them in their sites

Also, please accept my poor quality in scanning, as I don't want to tear off the pages and weak in arts.

Computer translation:
鏡を持っているのは、オーケーです。 しかしながら、あなたが、いつ鏡を作るように引用したいか、これが生であることの他の何かが何であっても、私を書き留めてください、オリジナルのアップローダとして。 私が、何処かでソースを引用せずに、彼らのサイトで彼らを非難するつもりであるのがわかったなら

また、私の私が急いで去りたくないので、スキャンすることにおける上質の貧乏人が芸術でページであって弱いと受け入れてください。

Meromorphe
May 23, 2009, 06:12 AM
OOh, we forgot to speak about the bangai (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fukurodoji-bangai-hen) in the last Akamaru Jump.
It looks funny, but I can't say much. I think everybody did that, borrow glasses or lend glasses to see how it looks :)

Except Toriko, all succeeding newcomers are here with Kuroko no Basket I think. It is interesting to see how they trust them to make sales.

alexlw92
May 24, 2009, 03:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwSvEBQxW5o&feature=channel_page
kenyon martin = kuroko

Meromorphe
May 24, 2009, 05:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwSvEBQxW5o&feature=channel_page
kenyon martin = kuroko
:eek Oh goodness, that's totally it: the redirection of the ball, the blind pass :woo
the video also shows that with this style of play it is also interesting to attract a defender on you.

Now that I've seen that, I find Kuroko more awesome :D

mmlcs36
May 29, 2009, 07:28 AM
Here you are the Spoiler pictures for Kuroko no Basket 23
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/31400

Release Notes
It is okay to have a mirror. However, whatever when you want to quote, make a mirror or anything else with this raw, please write down me, as the original uploader. If I found anywhere that without quoting the sources, I will condemn them in their sites

Also, please accept my poor quality in scanning, as I don't want to tear off the pages and weak in arts.

Computer translation:
鏡を持っているのは、オーケーです。 しかしながら、あなたが、いつ鏡を作るように引用したいか、これが生であることの他の何かが何であっても、私を書き留めてください、オリジナルのアップローダとして。 私が、何処かでソースを引用せずに、彼らのサイトで彼らを非難するつもりであるのがわかったなら

また、私の私が急いで去りたくないので、スキャンすることにおける上質の貧乏人が芸術でページであって弱いと受け入れてください。

SameOld
June 01, 2009, 08:35 PM
*sigh* So the match against Seihou is coming to an end in chapter 24... really, can't the author make them last just a bit longer? I hope the match against Shuutoku isn't as short as the ones shown so far.
That said, I liked to see the second-years showing some character development with this revenge thing. I was starting to think Kuroko and Kagami would be the only ones in the spotlight until the end.

Xophien
June 02, 2009, 06:25 AM
*sigh* So the match against Seihou is coming to an end in chapter 24...

The end of ch23 says in its preview for the next one "Fierce battle before the end of the match", but that doesn't mean the match will actually end next chapter, in my opinion^^; it'll probably last a couple chapters more.

SameOld
June 02, 2009, 07:05 AM
I hope you're right. Though six or seven chapters still isn't quite enough to me... at least Seirin vs Shuutoku will surely last a lot longer.

Meromorphe
June 02, 2009, 02:41 PM
I hope you're right. Though six or seven chapters still isn't quite enough to me... at least Seirin vs Shuutoku will surely last a lot longer.
Since everything was prepared for the match against Shutoku, it is normal to go rapidly to it. Still, I think he has slowed down his pace. For example, it took one chapter to make Kagami go out of the court in order to begin with the revenge of the senpais.

The color page of the ch. 22 is amazing and one of the few that I actually like. Tadatoshi captured well the concentration of the players.

At least some trash talk of Hyuuga against the opponent. I was waiting for that.

With the new character Tsuchida and the discover of their skills we have now a complete team. And I remember people were complaining about the lack of good supporting characters in the manga. The mangaka needed some time to introduce them.
The hook shot pleases me a lot. So far, there was a lack of artistic moves requiring good skills to score. I hope to see more of them.

I was completely wrong about Izuki. It turns out his eye of the eagle makes him a playmaker like Kuroko.

Koganei had the spotlight in this chapter.His special skill is rather normal :p and the transformation of his face in the panel when he is falling is priceless. The author makes a full use of the fact it is a manga to draw a face that is serious and becomes more and more funny when his fall becomes a gag.

I have read too much ES21, but I think that putting Kuroko on the court is to prepare the last possession of Seirin when Kagami comes back. The attention will be on Kagami and Hyuuga will be free to score the victory buzzer beater.

Tensai_Sakuragi
June 10, 2009, 07:58 PM
That was a good game. Short, but pleasing.

The scene where Tsugawa literally LOSES SIGHT of Kuroko was fucking awesome.

Kinda saw the last play coming(Hyuuga´s buzzer beater), but it was satisfying nonetheless.

The game against Shuutoku will problably be even better. :amuse

predsfan
June 10, 2009, 09:37 PM
Is it just me, or is Kuroko out bounds here:http://mangahelpers.com/s/asean-punk/readonline/33531/5?t=1244687652

Am I just misreading this page because I don't see how that's a legal pass.

Are the rules different in Japan or something? Is it like soccer where the ball has to be out of bounds? In the U.S. that would be turnover.

Tensai_Sakuragi
June 11, 2009, 01:00 AM
Is it just me, or is Kuroko out bounds here:http://mangahelpers.com/s/asean-punk/readonline/33531/5?t=1244687652

Am I just misreading this page because I don't see how that's a legal pass.

Are the rules different in Japan or something? Is it like soccer where the ball has to be out of bounds? In the U.S. that would be turnover.

Nah, the rules are the same and I´m pretty sure Fujimaki wouldn´t commit such an obvious mistake. The way I see it, his right foot touched the ground only after the pass was made. You must notice that the ball is already away from him in the moment the reader gets to see the scene. He problably touched the ball while running to the defender´s back, and ended up stepping out of bonds right after redirecting the pass. ;)

Xophien
June 11, 2009, 02:29 AM
That or the referee just didn't notice him stepping outside. His invisibility could easily be used for evil purposes, seriously xD (I wouldn't rule out a mistake from Fujimaki's part, though, being still a beginner it could happen)

Negative Syndicate
June 11, 2009, 08:46 AM
I really like this series, but there are two things that concern this series. First, the match are too short, especially against Seihou. Seihou is one of the best three teams in Tokyo, but it only last five chapters. As a result I don't have any impact that Seihou is really strong team. Second, this series doesn't really have lots of cool rival characters. Fujimaki only focuses on Generation of Miracles and not much on other character. Fujimaki should have done more character development on Seihou's characters, like Iwamura and Kasuga.

In conclusion, Seirin against Shuutoku is most important part for this series for judging this series can become a successful or not.

Meromorphe
June 13, 2009, 08:26 AM
Kinda saw the last play coming(Hyuuga´s buzzer beater), but it was satisfying nonetheless.

Agreed, but still using Kuroko instead of Kagami (end ch. 23) in the last minutes was kinda surprising and shows how interchangeable the leading character is in this series.
I know "Kuroko" is in the title of the manga, but I really feel there is not one main character, but two ones. I don't remember any shounen in which you can consider the two main characters on par.

For the rest of the series, I think the build-up and evolution of the teammates will go smoothly and will naturally take place in the manga. I don't think they need to be characterized outside the team.
Riko may need to exist outside the team. Somehow, it is weird that she eats with the basketball club during lunch time (ch. 12) and we don't see her other friends (who seem to exist since they recorded a match of the adversaries).

And now time for the match against Shutoku. I said I would have found the story too fast if this match happens rapidly, but the rivalry between Seirin's freshmen and Midorima was so well built up in the mean time that I wanted the match right now.

SameOld
June 13, 2009, 10:34 AM
I know "Kuroko" is in the title of the manga, but I really feel there is not one main character, but two ones. I don't remember any shounen in which you can consider the two main characters on par.

Agreed.

And now time for the match against Shutoku. I said I would have found the story too fast if this match happens rapidly, but the rivalry between Seirin's freshmen and Midorima was so well built up in the mean time that I wanted the match right now.

Agreed.

I don't think they need to be characterized outside the team.

Disagreed. >_>
Characterization is one of the things I look for the most in sports manga... exactly because I hardly ever find it. Which is why I fell in love with Hoop Men right from the second chapter whereas Kuroko is still in the "cool, but it lacks something to be truly great" stage.

Then again, it's not like being "cool" isn't a great achievement by itself. It's fine if the author decides it should stay that way until the end, even if I wish it didn't. But please, GIVE ME LONGER MATCHES! >_<

alexlw92
June 13, 2009, 10:19 PM
That or the referee just didn't notice him stepping outside. His invisibility could easily be used for evil purposes, seriously xD (I wouldn't rule out a mistake from Fujimaki's part, though, being still a beginner it could happen)

http://www.onemanga.com/Kuroko_no_Basket/24/05/
his right foot is off the ground. if you look at the background pic, you can see the afterimage of his right foot as it goes above the ground. his left foot is still inbounds, and he wasnt dribbling the ball, so i think its fine.

is kuroko no basket gonna turn out to be like ES21 or PoT? ES where they lose some before winning, or PoT where they win everything and theres no drama. (right now, looks more like PoT...)

Xophien
June 14, 2009, 04:04 AM
I think the fact all the oldest players of Seirin are still only in second year means they probably are going to lose at the national level, and come back for another year after that. If the manga isn't canceled before that, of course >.>

SameOld
June 14, 2009, 01:03 PM
I predict Shuutoku will humiliate them and they'll come back for revenge the other year. Maybe even recruit some new players in the meantime.
If they don't lose to Shuutoku, I'm sure they will to the next team with an ex-teikou player.

Meromorphe
June 14, 2009, 01:49 PM
It seems I am the only one to think they will win the championship (or at least go to the finals). It is just an opinion though, I don't have any fact or rationale to support it.
Going so far does not mean winning everytime. In the final four of the district tournament they could lose without compromising their chance of passing.
Actually, I see them losing against the third king. And if I may speculate about the future, the third king will not have any player of the generation of miracles and will lose again Kise's team to see how good he has become (since he lost the match against Seirin, we will need proof he can win the next one against them)

ice_queen
June 16, 2009, 03:22 PM
What´s with this pace, really?

It´s like I can´t even breath. Doesn´t Fujimaki know how to write a single chapter without basketball in it? Wait, he does! Then why not even try?

With that said, I must say that I liked the match against Seihou. It´s nice to see the 2nd-years showing their skills. But I´m still feeling like this mangaka is afraid to death of boring Jump readers. Because of that, he keeps going from game to game in a rocket pace. That may work with the younger readers, but it also causes the series to lack depth. After a while, that gets annoying to anyone that´s not obsessed with basketball.

I mean, I like Kuroko and Kagami, but if I don´t get to know them better by chapter 40 or so, I´m afraid I´ll stop caring for whatever happens to them.
Fujimaki is a beginner, we all know that, but he should try to learn from the masters of the genre: no matter how "epic" or "exciting" a game may be, it´s no use if the reader doesn´t have a strong connection with the characters.

And it´s hard as hell to feel connected with someone you don´t even know. We need to see Kagami´s house already. Or whatever Hyuuga does on the weekends. Or Kuroko´s family. Something.

ice_queen

SameOld
June 16, 2009, 04:55 PM
Fujimaki is a beginner, we all know that, but he should try to learn from the masters of the genre: no matter how "epic" or "exciting" a game may be, it´s no use if the reader doesn´t have a strong connection with the characters.

And it´s hard as hell to feel connected with someone you don´t even know. We need to see Kagami´s house already. Or whatever Hyuuga does on the weekends. Or Kuroko´s family. Something.

QFT.

This is EXACTLY what I always hope to see in sports manga. And Fujimaki seems to have forgotten how important it is. We got the "phantom sandwich" chapter and nothing else for non-basketball related chapters so far. Heck, I'm not the biggest fan of romance out there but I would love if Kuroko or Kagami suddenly got a love interest or something. :P
More than being afraid of getting cut, I'd go as far as say he's just trying to give the readers what he thinks they want (action. I hate to keep mentioning Hoop Men in every single post of mine, but the lack of action was exactly what killed it) while forgetting a good manga isn't made by being good at only one thing. But I still have faith in him. He'll learn the lesson, sooner or later.

hai_Priesty
June 23, 2009, 10:33 PM
(Hi, this is my first time posting at Kuroku, although I've always read and loved it. ^_^)

I mean, I like Kuroko and Kagami, but if I don´t get to know them better by chapter 40 or so, I´m afraid I´ll stop caring for whatever happens to them.

Fujimaki is a beginner, we all know that, but he should try to learn from the masters of the genre: no matter how "epic" or "exciting" a game may be, it´s no use if the reader doesn´t have a strong connection with the characters. Note that Kise was a late comer only learning Basketball at Year 2; Kuroko might have been the one teaching him with all his love for basketball only to see him go the way he deemed wrong. Thus the coldness.

ice_queen

QFT.

This is EXACTLY what I always hope to see in sports manga. And Fujimaki seems to have forgotten how important it is. We got the "phantom sandwich" chapter and nothing else for non-basketball related chapters so far. Heck, I'm not the biggest fan of romance out there but I would love if Kuroko or Kagami suddenly got a love interest or something. :P
More than being afraid of getting cut, I'd go as far as say he's just trying to give the readers what he thinks they want (action. I hate to keep mentioning Hoop Men in every single post of mine, but the lack of action was exactly what killed it) while forgetting a good manga isn't made by being good at only one thing. But I still have faith in him. He'll learn the lesson, sooner or later.

I think he will be fine once he gets over that constant cancellation fear ^_^; and give us some deeper story.

I greatly expect and look forward to some character development after Shuutoku match and League.

From my fading memories of Slam Dunk, you're supposed to have at least 3 weeks break before the start of national Inter High. (a lot of non competition development happened there in Slam Sunk; I think more than 10 weeks. there..)

Also, after the Shuutoku it's almost summer holiday. If not non basketball... At least a holiday-cum training camp at the beach! XD

I would second that partially.
I am for adding daily life of Kagami and Seniors, plus at least the NAME for 4 other juniors!

But I am not for knowing the daily motion of Kuroko. I feel it is Fujimaki (and some fans') preference that this quiet literature guy, who doesn't even have a mobile in modern year 2009, should remain mysterious to some extent.

There are some (japanese) fans who actually grumbled that Kuroko shouldn't be shown to go to toilet, which would shave off some mysterious air off him. (I know this argument is a little like how a beautiful actress shouldn't be shown how she do make-up on-screen. ^_^; )

But I welcome the thought that Kuroko introduce silbings that come to watch his match (cute younger sister preferreed XD), perhaps the team even gets shocked when Kuroko said she has come down to the team once but no one seem to notice XD.

But the thing I wanted most about him is his past with Kise. His response against Kise's was wierd chapter 3 it seems. Perhaps the two USED to really be as described as Kise, but the relations soured as Kuroko soured to the Generation of Miracle's style. Kise started as late comer learning Basketball in 2nd year; Kuroko might even have been the one teaching him with all his love for basketball, only for him to turn out "the wrong way". Thus the coldness.

I have another small issue, of Kagami Dunking a bit too much. :blink I have no experience with Basketball Game, but I's think the story looks a little more realistic if Kagami should score with more conventional shoots and etc. Or perhaps when he was marked with no way to pass, he attempted a rash 3-point shot that failed.

For this week, I am curious to how much strength you can gain by throwing the Ball the Discus way. :D

Drmke
June 24, 2009, 03:34 PM
I just read chapter 26 and it was a lot more exciting than previous chapters. Making me kinda like it more.

It just bothers me cuz the plot seems rushed. I mean they are already in the semi-finals and volume 2 hasn't even come out yet. It was kinda like "Here are some cooky characters that like basketball. Look a basketball game, o wait it's over. Now we will introduced rivals and skip any game that doesn't involve them except one."

It's like the artist is expecting it to be canceled early or something.

SameOld
June 25, 2009, 09:56 AM
I just read chapter 26 and it was a lot more exciting than previous chapters. Making me kinda like it more.

It just bothers me cuz the plot seems rushed. I mean they are already in the semi-finals and volume 2 hasn't even come out yet. It was kinda like "Here are some cooky characters that like basketball. Look a basketball game, o wait it's over. Now we will introduced rivals and skip any game that doesn't involve them except one."

It's like the artist is expecting it to be canceled early or something.

You're forgetting that this is only the first part of the torunament. After that there will be three important games against strong schools (one of them presumably being Senshinkan and one CERTAINLY having another former Teikou player) and only after these three matches, IF they are qualified, the real interhigh tournament will actually start.

There's a hell of a lot of stuff the author can still do. And if nothing else, the match against Seihou was proof that he isn't planning to show only the five most important games (that is, the ones against Generation of Miracles players).

Negative Syndicate
June 25, 2009, 10:06 AM
You're forgetting that this is only the first part of the torunament. After that there will be three important games against strong schools (one of them presumably being Senshinkan and one CERTAINLY having another former Teikou player) and only after these three matches, IF they are qualified, the real interhigh tournament will actually start.

I don't think Senshinkan has one of members of generation of miracles. If they have, it should of introduced when Hyuga explains about San-dai Ouja to Kuroko and Kagami. (Chapter 16)

Drmke
June 25, 2009, 04:18 PM

There's a hell of a lot of stuff the author can still do. And if nothing else, the match against Seihou was proof that he isn't planning to show only the five most important games (that is, the ones against Generation of Miracles players).

O lol I must be. The way they talk in the manga must have thrown me off cause they talk like there are only a few games till the championship.

But I still think the games are rushed for the most part and too many are skipped completely. The author seem to only really care about the Generation of Miracles. Though he does seem to be introducing a few tough player recently that arent part of the GoM.

I would still like more depth in the games...I no I shouldn't compare stuff to Slam Dunk but even the first game in it was shown in detail, and even games werent shown they showed a little bit and had more character depth even early on.

Xophien
July 01, 2009, 07:11 AM
Cover of volume 02 : http://books.shueisha.co.jp/search/book_image/978-4-08-874704-0.jpg

Quite nice, I dare say~

¬Bol
July 01, 2009, 12:22 PM
I don't like Kise's hair <_<

macros
July 02, 2009, 08:46 AM
I love this cover, a lot better than first. Very nice!

Negative Syndicate
July 03, 2009, 09:33 PM
Is it really possible to shoot across the court and put it in the hoop?

Drmke
July 04, 2009, 12:36 AM
Is it really possible to shoot across the court and put it in the hoop?

Yeah if you shoot it. You can't dunk it from the other side of the court, but i have seen people make it at my school. Though most of the time they didn't think they were gonna make, it was just a last second thing.

mockme
July 04, 2009, 05:54 PM
First time posting about this manga, and I have to say it's pretty cool. Still, like so many have mentioned, there is something lacking. The pace is way too fast and there has been no real character development. Kuroko's personality is cool and all but I'd like to know more about him and the rest of the team. And we need proper backstories for the rival teams as well. Not just "oh we're so strong! You can't beat us!" crap.

Perhaps Slam Dunk put the bar a bit too high for basketball mangas, and maybe Kuroko no Basket will eventually take a step forward as it progresses and the mangaka gets rid of the fear of the series getting cancelled. I bet every new mangaka has it in the beginning, so they try to make their series as entertaining as possible.

Still, I like this. Kuroko's role as Kagami's "shadow" is cool and it takes the focus off Kuroko a bit, giving the other characters, especially Kagami, a real chance to shine. The problem for sport mangas is most often that the protagonist is hogging the spotlight (Sena in Eyeshield 21, and Ryoma in PoT) and gets turned into this god-like existence that can't be stopped. Kuroko no Basket at least isn't guilty of that. Slam Dunk and Rookies have also done a really good job with this. Especially Rookies where the real protagonist is the teacher, and the students all have equal chances to shine. Except maybe Hiratsuka. :D

Cool manga, but character development is what we need the most I think.

macros
July 06, 2009, 06:22 AM
Anyone knows how sells the tank of Kuroko?

Negative Syndicate
July 06, 2009, 07:27 PM
I just wondering that #7 from Seirin is still missing. Is this character might be Fujisaki's hidden card character for the series or did he just forgot about it?

Drmke
July 06, 2009, 09:17 PM
I just wondering that #7 from Seirin is still missing. Is this character might be Fujisaki's hidden card character for the series or did he just forgot about it?

Either a hidden secret weapon number 7 is just not an important character from that team.

Each rival team seems to only have about 3 or 4 actual important members. That may change over time or even during this current match.

kdowns
July 10, 2009, 04:34 PM
when is new chapter coming out?

Ustegius
July 10, 2009, 04:54 PM
Okay, I just caught up with the series. I'ts readable and quite entertaining, but nothing too special. I'm glad that on the latest chapters there were atleast some character developement, but I still find the characters quite hollow.

I can't help but to compare Kuroko with Slam Dunk. And Kuroko loses 100-0. The games are not near as intense, the backstory is non-existent, no interesting sub-plots at all, and above all the characters have no such depth as Sakuragi and Co.

But I must give Kuroko points for focusing on a game-maker with super passing ability, instead of flashy scoring. I'll keep reading a few chapter and see if it starts to get some depth, but I doubt that. Interested to see how long will it live in Jump.

KuwabaraTheMan
July 15, 2009, 02:22 PM
I can't help but to compare Kuroko with Slam Dunk. And Kuroko loses 100-0. The games are not near as intense, the backstory is non-existent, no interesting sub-plots at all, and above all the characters have no such depth as Sakuragi and Co.

That's hardly a fair comparison, though. Slam Dunk was a long series. And by the time Slam Dunk was at the current length Kuroko was, they hadn't even had a single game yet, had they?

It's not really fair to compare the character depth and sub-plots for a weekly manga that hasn't even had 30 chapters yet. Personally, I think it's a lot more interesting than Slam Dunk was at this point in time.

The early games weren't that intense, but the Seihou game was amazing. And the rest of the team has started getting developed now, as well.

Drmke
July 15, 2009, 02:30 PM
That's hardly a fair comparison, though. Slam Dunk was a long series. And by the time Slam Dunk was at the current length Kuroko was, they hadn't even had a single game yet, had they?

It's not really fair to compare the character depth and sub-plots for a weekly manga that hasn't even had 30 chapters yet. Personally, I think it's a lot more interesting than Slam Dunk was at this point in time.

The early games weren't that intense, but the Seihou game was amazing. And the rest of the team has started getting developed now, as well.

Well Slam Dunk spent the early parts of the manga on character development. So the reader becomes much more attached to the characters when the games start.

Kuroko has had almost zero character development period.

Newkerzy
July 15, 2009, 04:49 PM
Being honest, I think this manga has a better potential than Hoop Men. Sure, Hoop Men's character development is better, but it still feels very slow (probably because the protagonist isn't as fiery as Sakuragi & the mangaka can't convey the character's expressions well) & also, it is KINDA a bit of a rip-off from Slam Dunk. (although I AM hoping he might have a better chance at getting the girll better than Sakuragi did.)

Drmke
July 15, 2009, 04:50 PM
Well, clearly it has better potential seeing as how Hoop Men was canceled :XD

Negative Syndicate
July 15, 2009, 05:12 PM
I think Kuroko might still have chance because current ranking is based on vs. Seihou. Looks like most of people didn't like vs. Seihou arc, but after next week, Seihou arc ranking is over and it begins against Shuutoku. Personally, I like vs. Shuutoku arc much better, so it might increase ranking.

Koshi_Inaba
July 15, 2009, 07:14 PM
I think if Kuroko is still above Akaboshi in the TOC it will survive. The problem is, except TOC, Kuroko doesn't have anymore edge against it's contemporary. It's sold lower than Psyren, Sket Dance, not to mention it's far below than Mago or Toriko.

Negative Syndicate
July 15, 2009, 07:30 PM
The problem is, except TOC, Kuroko doesn't have anymore edge against it's contemporary. It's sold lower than Psyren, Sket Dance, not to mention it's far below than Mago or Toriko.

Psyren and Sket Dance also sold low during their early serialization. But, they increase their volume sell because they gained more fans as story progresses. So, Kuroko only out two volumes, so there is no point of comparing Psyren's and Sket Dance's current sales, you should compare their past volume sales. So, I think we should be patient about Kuroko's volume sells until when it releases at least two or three volumes, if Kuroko continues.

Also, I think Kuroko's 2nd volume sold more than Psyren's and Sket Dance's 2nd volume. If it is wrong, then does someone knows Psyren's and Sket Dance's 2nd volume.

Drmke
July 15, 2009, 10:35 PM
Well unless some other series just bombs, Kuroko will be cut when the next round of cuts come because it sells less than the other series and ranks so low in the ToC. Jump always cuts pretty much at least 2 series and if Hunter x Hunter or D. Gray-man come back in, there is no way it won't unless it goes back up in the rankings soon.

alexlw92
July 17, 2009, 08:15 PM
aww, i needed a sports manga to fill the void of weekly PoT and ES21 =[

is xophien suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (end of ES) or is he on vacation? i miss new KnB chapters =[

Negative Syndicate
July 31, 2009, 12:03 PM
I found some spoiler picture and summary for chapter 32.

緑間 「くっ…」 かがみんに抜かれる。 宮地 (一体なんなんだよコイツは…!?) 木村 (ついこの間まで中坊だった奴に ウチが押されてるってのかよ!?)
大坪 (全国でも見たことがない… なんだこの…常軌を逸した跳躍は…!?) 大坪木村を越えてダンクを決めるかがみん。
「うわぁあ高えぇー!!」「一人で秀徳を圧倒してるぞ!?」 小金井 「スゲーなナイス火神!!」 かがみん 「もっとガンガンボールくんねーですか」 「オレ一人で決めてやる…!!」

秀徳監督 (日本人ばなれした信じられんバネだ… これをくい止めるのは…容易ではないな…) 残2:01 誠凛45-56秀徳
秀徳ベンチ 「監督何か手をうたないと…」 監督 「んー…そうなんだけど… でもそうするとウチもかなりのリスクが出るんだよなー」
監督「だから今はあえてこのままいく」 ベンチ 「えっ」 監督 「まあ。。あわてるな」「時間がたてばじきに 詰みだ」

高尾 (いくらモーションに時間がかかるって弱点があっても あの高い打点をはたくとかありえねー!!)
宮地 「緑間一度シメたぐらいでうろたえんなよ 刺すぞもー」とシュート体勢。 高尾 「宮地さんタンマ!! その位置は…」とさっきのプレーを回想。
後ろからはたき落とすかがみん。 宮地 「はぁ!?」 メガネから再びかがみんに渡りカウンター。 宮地と木村が前にいる状態からかがみんジャンプシュート。
ブロックに飛んだが先に落ち始める木村 (ふざけんないつまで跳んでんだテメー!? ワイヤーで上から吊ってんじゃねーのか!?)
木村 (しかも流れて跳んだのに空中でたて直すボディバランス… 基本のジャンプシュート一つとってもコイツが撃つと…)
(もはやブロック不可の 無敵の必殺技だ…!!) シュート成功。 残1:35 誠凛47-56秀徳 「うおお一ケタ差!?」「この差なら分かんねーぞ!」
秀徳監督 「ん~… 悪いが… そろそろ時間だ もうこれ以上差が詰まることはない」

緑間 「お前の力は認めるのだよ だが…ここまでだ」 かがみん 「なんだと…!?」 緑間シュート。 かがみん 「撃たせるか…」跳ぼうとするも膝ガクッと来て跳べず。
伊月 「!? 火神!?」 シュートは入り緑間 「悪いが… これが現実だ」 かがみんゼェゼェ。 カントク (まさか…もう…なの!?)(早すぎる…!!)

黄瀬 「ガス欠!!?」 カサマツ 「…多分な」「おそらくアイツはまだ常時あの高さで飛べるほど体ができてねぇ… それを乱発して孤軍奮闘してたからな …しかも」
岩村 「途中交代したとは言え2試合目… さらに津川のマークで削られてたからな…」 津川 「今ひびいてどーすんだよ!!あのヤロー!!」
春日 「いよいよマズイな しかもガス欠間近は…」「一人だけじゃねえぞ」 2年生4人もかなり息切れ気味。

かがみん 「うるせーよ!! この程度で負けてたまるか!!」とゴールに突進。 メガネ (強引すぎる!!…てか まだ早ぇーよバカ!!)「火神待て!!」
強引なシュートを緑間にブロックされ、カウンターを決められる。 かがみん 「くそっ…」 第3Q終了。

誠凛ベンチ。 かがみん 「くそ」 伊月 「火神熱くなりすぎだ もっと周り見ろよ」 メガネ 「そうだそれにさっきのは行くとこじゃねーだろ! 一度戻して…」
かがみん 「戻してパス回してどうすんだよ」 メガネ 「あ?」 かがみん 「現状秀徳と渡り合えるのはオレだけだろ」
かがみん 「今必要なのはチームプレーじゃねー オレが点を取ることだ」 それを聞いた他の連中 「オイなんだそれ」「それと自己中は違うだろ」

黒子、かがみんの前に立ち、顔面をぶん殴る。 カントク 「黒子君!?」
黒子の胸倉掴みかがみん 「黒子テメェ!!」 黒子 「バスケは一人でやるものじゃないでしょう」
かがみん 「みんなで仲良くがんばりゃ負けてもいいのかよ!? 勝たなきゃ何のイミもねえよ」

黒子 「一人で勝ってもイミなんかないだろ」 「『キセキの世代』倒すって言ってたのに 彼らと同じ考えでどうすんだ」

誠凛一年 「今の…黒子!?」
黒子 「いまの お互いを信頼できない状態で 仮に秀徳を倒せたとしても きっと誰も嬉しくないです」
かがみん 「甘っちょろいこと言ってんなよ!」「そんなん勝てなきゃただのキレイ事だろーが!!」 と黒子を殴る。
黒子 「…じゃあ『勝利』ってなんですか」 「試合終了したときどんなに相手より多く点を取っていても 嬉しくなければそれは『勝利』じゃない…!」

小金井 「…別に負けたいわけじゃないって!ただ一人できばることはねーってだけだよ」 メガネ 「つかなんか異論…あるか?」
かがみん 「そんなんねぇ… いや… 悪かった」「勝った時嬉しい方がいいに決まってるわ」

「黒子のおかげで火神の頭が冷えたのはいいとして ピンチは変わってねーけど…どうする?」
黒子 「すいません一つ…今なら使えるかもしれません ボクにできるのはボールをまわすだけです…けど」
黒子 「もう一段階上があります」

つづく。

http://imepita.jp/20090731/772910
http://imepita.jp/20090731/773330

Meromorphe
August 02, 2009, 03:59 AM
@everyone
Please, stop the messages asking for trans and scans.
Just, "wait and hope".

Alexandrius
August 04, 2009, 09:53 AM
No news on whether or not this will be cancelled?

Negative Syndicate
August 20, 2009, 06:44 PM
No news on whether or not this will be cancelled?

I doubt that Kuroko going to be cancelled because Kuroko has advantage of been only sport series, Kuroko is actually getting way better (just too bad no one is translating since chapter 27), and sales for volume 2 is higher than volume 6 of Psyren, so it might surpass Sket Dnace on next volume.
[hr]
I uploaded a spoiler for chapter 33.

Looks like manager from Teikou is revealed. I'm not sure that other one is another member of Generation of Miracles or not.

かがみん 「センパイ…」「さっきは… その… スイマセン」 メガネ 「ん? ああ気にすんな…と言いたいが」
メガネ 「さすがにあの口のきき方はね… うん… あとでシバク」ゴゴゴゴ かがみん 「…う」
「おい入っちゃってるよ日向!」 メガネ「まーそれはあとな! 泣いても笑ってもあと10分だ」 「行くぜ!」 4Q開始。

黄瀬 「おっ」「黒子っちでてきたっスね」 カサマツ 「火神をいきなりぶんなぐった時はどーなるかと思ったけどな」
カサマツ (けど出てどーすんだよ?)(高尾がいる限り透明少年はもはや切り札じゃねえ… それとも…何かあるのか?)
高尾 (やっと出て来たかよ)(だが前半同様… いやそれ以上に 見えてるぜ!!)

かがみん水戸部にパス。水戸部決めて 誠凛49-61秀徳。 高尾 (一人で暴走してたさっきまでと違う…!)(そういやさっきのインターバル…)
緑間 「黒子に殴られて頭は冷えたか だが…お前の体力は残りわずかだ」 高尾のパスを受け緑間シュート体勢 「もうお前にオレのシュートは止められない」
誠凛ベンチ 「げえ!!リスタートが早い!! 火神─…!!」 かがみん (確かにもうポンコツ寸前だ けどまだ完全に打ち止めじゃねーよ!!)

回想
「黒子の新しいパス…!?」 メガネ 「なんで今まで…」 黒子 「捕れる人が限られるんです… けど 今の火神君なら捕れるかもしれません」
黒子 「でもパスが火神君だけでは最後までもちません やはり高尾君のマークを外して通常のパスも必要です」 「あ…」
伊月 「けどもういけんじゃね? オレの目もつられそうだし」 カントク (大坪君はダブルチーム… あとは緑間君か…)
カントク 「火神君!! あと何回跳べる?」 伊月 「跳ぶ…?」 メガネ 「緑間を止めたあの超跳躍(スーパージャンプ)のことか?」
カントク 「あれは天性のバネを極限まで使うから消耗がハンパないのよ 加えて火紙君はまだ体ができてない」「一試合で使える回数は限られてるわ」
カントク 「本人も気づいてるはずよ でしょ?」 かがみん 「そんなん…跳べるぜです何回でも…」 カントク 「今は強がりとかいーから!」

カントク、プルプルしてるかがみんの脚を見てチキッとスカウター発動。数値は9511とか9812とか。 「よくて… …2回ね」
「筋力値から推測するとこれが限界ね」「もし2回目を跳んだら あとはコートに立ってるだけで精一杯だと思うわ」
「1回は勝負所にとっておいて」「もう1回は…」
回想終わり

「第4Q最初のシュートをひっぱたけ!!」 緑間シュートを叩き落すかがみん。緑間 「なっ…!?」(まだ跳べたのか…!! だが…体力がほとんどカラなのは確かだ)
緑間 (コイツ…最後まで保たせる気がないのか!?) 秀徳ゴールそばなので拾った伊月がシュート(入れ…!!) シュートは決まり誠凛51-61秀徳 残9:37。

ベンチ 「カントク!いきなり2回のうち1回使っちゃっていいんすか!?」 カントク 「ハッタリだからね!」 ベンチ 「ゲ!」
「こっからはフツーにマークしてるだけでやっとだからね 緑間君に撃たれたら止められない」
「けど緑間君はムリなシュートは打たない 予想を超える火神君のジャンプが『まだあるかも』と思わせれば 少なくともシュートに行く本数を減らせると思うわ」
「もう今できることは秀徳の得点力を少しでも落として それ以上に点を取るしかない!」「だから…後は託したわよ」

(黒子君…!!) 黒子を前に高尾 「なんかずいぶん期待されてるみたいじゃん? けど なにかしよっても」「させねーよ!」(ホークアイからは逃げられねーぜ)
メガネ 「死角がない以上高尾にミスディレクションは効かないぞ…!?」(どうすんだ黒子…) 伊月 「いや…多分厳密には全く効かないわけじゃないぞ」
高尾のホークアイはコート全体が見えるほど視野が広い だから意識を他にそらしても黒子を視界にとらえ続けるんだ

高尾 「…!?」(え…あれ…近い…) だから黒子は意識を自分からそらすのではなく 逆に自分へひきつけるようにした!!
前半パスカットしてからも出続けたのはより自分を印象づけるため… 伊月 「狭まった視野なら今度はそらせる」
高尾 (…おい) 「いない!?」 (見失ったあ!?ウソだろ!?) 「どこに…!?」 焦る高尾のすぐ後ろに黒子。
走るかがみん、パスを出す伊月。 高尾 (落ちつけ…!!黒子は見失っても火神の位置はわかる!!)(ボールと火神の間に入ればとれる…!!) そちらに向かう高尾。
黒子 「今度はとられません 今までは来たパスの向きを変えるだけでしたが」

「このパスは 加速する…」
ボールを左ストレートでふっ飛ばす黒子。負い付けない高尾。吹っ飛んだ先でボールをうけるかがみん。
高尾 (ボールをぶんなぐっ…!! 速過ぎる!!なんだそりゃあ!!)(取る方も取る方だマジかよっ!!)

ゴールに向かうかがみんの前に緑間 「絶対に行かせん!!」
(うち1回は勝負所にとっておくこと)を思い出したかがみん (わかってるよ…けど)(ここで決めなきゃ)(いつ決めんだよ!!)「うぉおおおあ」
緑間より高く跳びふっ飛ばしダンク。

「うわぁあ」「スゲェエエなんだ今の!?」
黄瀬 (やりやがったアイツ…ついに 緑間っちをふっ飛ばしやがった…)(しかも…)
黒子を見ながら (今のパスは中学時代… 「キセキの世代」しかとれなかったパス…)
黄瀬 「って!じゃなくて ガス欠寸前でだいじょうぶなんスかアイツは!」 カサマツ 「まあ…今のはムリしてダンクいく場面ではなかった って見方もあるな」
カサマツ 「ってかそもそもダンクってあんまイミねーし」 黄瀬 「派手好きなだけスよアイツは!」 カサマツ 「まーな いやオマエもだろ」
「けどじゃあ全く必要ないかって言えば それも違うんだよ」「点数は同じでもやはりバスケの花形プレーだ それで緑間をふっ飛ばした」
「今のダンクはチームに活力を引き出す 点数より遥かに価値のあるファインプレーだ」

かがみん 「黒子… くやしいけどカントクの言う通りだわ 正直もう跳ぶのはキチー…」「あとはだましだまし緑間のマークをやるしかねー」
「だから…あんまり言いたかねぇけど…」 黒子の肩を叩き 「あとは 頼む…」
黒子 「はい…」

どっかの体育館。
演台で寝っ転がって指でボール回しする男。 「あー…ダリー…」「動きたくねぇ~つかもうトシかな~ ガッツでねえ~」「…パン食いて~」
そこに 「あーやっぱいたぁ!」「青峰君!!」 青峰 「んあ?」
女「ちょっと!また仮病で試合休んだの!?」 青峰 「だぁあってどうせ勝つよめんどくせー」 女 「もう!」
「あと今テツ君のとこもミドリンと試合してるらしーねっ!」 青峰 「へーほー」
アイス食いながら女 「まーやっぱ~~ テツ君かな 勝つの!」
「なんたって私が惚れた男だしね!」 とアイス食い女 元帝光中バスケ部マネージャー 桃井さつき
桃 「って聞いてる?」 青 「あーんー聞いてるよ 鉄火丼ねー オレあんまり好きじゃないなー」 桃 「聞いてないじゃんっ!!」

黒子のパスからメガネシュートを決め、残3:02 誠凛74-78秀徳。「あのダンクから誠凛が盛り返してきた」「すげぇ」
緑間 「まさか ここまで追いすがるとはな…」
黒子 「緑間君は昔ダンクを2点しか取れないシュートと言ってました」「キミの3点は…確かにすごいです」
「けどボクはチームに勢いをつけたさっきのダンクも 点数以上に価値のあるシュートだと思います」

青峰ごろんと転がり 「…さっきの予想だけど 試合終わってみねーとマジわかんねーよー」
「どっちも土壇場に強ぇーからな~」「伊達に全中三連覇はしてね~よ~?」

残り2:58 緑間の厳しい表情で つづく。

[hr]
Plus the picture.

http://imepita.jp/20090807/655460
http://imepita.jp/20090807/655730
http://imepita.jp/20090807/655970
http://imepita.jp/20090807/656220
http://imepita.jp/20090807/656570

Finally, another female character appeared.
[hr]
I found a spoiler for chapter 34.

伊月→黒子→水戸部で大坪動けず、高尾 (いつの間にあんなとこに…!? もうワケがわかんねー!!)。 シュート決まり残2:51 誠凛76-秀徳78
秀徳タイムアウト。 岩村 「最後のT・Oか… 流れは今誠凛だ 気を抜けばいつ追いつかれてもおかしくない」
カサマツ 「秀徳がつき放すかそれとも誠凛が追いすがるか 分かれ道のT・Oだ」

秀徳監督 「残り2分 ここからはすべて緑間でいく」「向こうの10番は完全にガス欠だ 3Pでねじふせろ」「行け」

秀徳ベンチ 「この場面で一年にやらせるのは…」「大坪さん達だって…」
秀徳監督 「緑間が入る時に言ったはずだよ 大坪達上級生が血のにじむような努力をしてきたことなど 百も承知だ…」
秀徳監督 「それでもこれから3年間全ての中心は緑間だ 『キセキの世代』を獲得するとはそういうことだ」

パス受けに動く緑間。 かがみん 「……っ」 誠凛ベンチ 「やばい緑間だ!!火神はもう限界なのに!」 パスを出す宮地。
カントク 「そう来ると思ったわ!」「黒子君が機能したときの凄さは チームの攻撃力アップの他にもう一つある…」
緑間のボールを弾く黒子。 宮地 (いつの間に…てか 今までどこいたんだオマエ!!) カントク 「スティールも増えるのよ」
カントク (火神君のハッタリがばれれば緑間君にパスは集中する…パスの場所を教えてるようなもんよ!!)

カウンターシュートに向かうメガネ。
(実力が全てなのはわかっている それでも最後に頼るのが一年坊主というのは気分がいいとは言えんな…)
(オレたち上級生にもプライドはある 宮地も木村も人一倍練習を積んできた)
客席の秀徳部員を見て (だがそれ以上にオレ達レギュラーは 努力が実らずベンチに入れなかったあいつらの代表だ)
シュートに行ったメガネのボールを弾き飛ばす大坪 (王者に最も必要なプライドは… 勝つことだ!!)

秀徳監督 「緑間でいくってのはね つまり同時に 残りの四人はとにかく守れってことだ」
「11番が高尾を破り さらに10番のダンクで息を吹き返した誠凛の勢いはあなどれん」
「ムキになって点の取り合いをしてはむこうのペースに巻き込まれる怖れがある 溜めて溜めて…」「一瞬のスキに緑間の3Pで首を落とす」

一度やんだ雨が土砂降りに。 黄瀬 「なんか…ブキミっすね 残り3分もっと激しくなるかと思ったんスけど…」
カサマツ 「ああ…秀徳がペースを落としてから急にスコアが凍りついちまった」「残り一分…おそらく」 残0:51 「動き始めたら一気だ…!!」
「うわぁあ緑間!!」 3Pを決め、残0:38 誠凛76-81秀徳 「5点差!!いっきに苦しくなったぞ誠凛!!」
伊月 (3P一つ決めても2点差…キビシイ…) メガネ 「伊月くれっ!!」 メガネ3Pを決め、残0:20 誠凛79-81秀徳

「宮地」と声をかける大坪。 カントク 「時間がない!!当たって!!」 黒子パスから伊月のボールを弾く高尾。ラインを割り誠凛ボール。
黄瀬 「残り15秒!!」 カサマツ 「誠凛逆転の最初で最後のチャンスだ…!!」
メガネの前に出る大坪。 カントク 「大坪君が日向君のマーク!?」(3Pを最優先で止めにきた!!) カサマツ 「それでも誠凛は3Pしかねぇ 日向が決められなきゃ負けだ!」
大坪 「お前のことは認めている だからこそ全力で止める!!」 メガネ 「これ以上借りはいんねーんすよ」 (さっきもやたら思いの込もったブロックされたしな)
残0:15 (こっちもぶつけたい思いはたまってんだよ) 0:13 水戸部→伊月 (去年トリプルスコアで負けて 現実の壁みたいなの思い知らされて)
大坪、伊月とメガネの間に (やめようと思った… それでもやっぱバスケが好きで) 大坪止めに行くかがみん (もがいてもがいて ここまで這い上がってきたんだ)
0:10 大坪を止めるかがみん。走るメガネ。 大坪 (スクリーン!だがかかりが甘い!追いつける…!!)
0:08 さらに離れるメガネに大坪 「なに!?」(3Pラインからはるかに…あの距離から打つのか!!?)
伊月→黒子→メガネ。 伊月「決めろ日向ァ!!」 メガネシュートを決め、残0:05 誠凛82-81秀徳

「…逆転!?」「うわああ信じらんねぇ!!残り数秒で誠凛が勝ったぁ!!」
パスを出す高尾 「勝ってねーよまだ!」 緑間にボールが渡る。正面にはかがみん。
緑間 「なぜオレが遠くから決めることにこだわるか教えてやろう 3点だからというだけなはずがないのだよ」
バスケットにおいて僅差の接戦の時残り数秒の逆転劇は珍しくはない… 場合によっては苦し紛れのシュートでそれが起きる時もある
そんなマグレをオレは許さない
「だから必ずブザービーターでとどめを刺す それが人事を尽くすということだ」

カントク 「まずい!!」(黒子君を含め全員が虚をつかれた…!!火神君ももう跳べない…!!)
シュート体勢の緑間。残り0:03
かがみんのアップでつづく。

http://image02.pita.st/tmp/w/m/wmjkgmrw_4.JPGhttp://image03.pita.st/tmp/w/m/wmjkgmrw_3.JPGhttp://image03.pita.st/tmp/w/m/wmjkgmrw_2.JPGhttp://image02.pita.st/tmp/w/m/wmjkgmrw_1.JPG

Drmke
August 20, 2009, 10:05 PM
So is chapter 34 the end of the game that was going on in 27? It looks like it form the picture.

Negative Syndicate
August 20, 2009, 10:17 PM
So is chapter 34 the end of the game that was going on in 27? It looks like it form the picture.

No, I think against Shuutoku will finish on chapter 35, unless somehow it goes to ovetime or not.

hai_Priesty
August 21, 2009, 06:14 AM
I hardly think it can go to overtime -
Practically, spoiler says the Game has 3 seconds left., Seirin 82- Shuutoku 81, Midorima has the ball at near their own goal (ie 3-pointer) ready to shoot. If he gets in it'll be 82-84 and there is not way Seirin can counter with 1 second.

And storywise, Kagamin can no longer jump and the rest of Seirin is exhausted (recap: Shuutoku, being traditional powerhouse, has large substitute squad that they have used for earlier match of same day - which Seirin did not have.) . If they go overtime like that they will lose for sure.......

So I think Kagami either manage to stop him (and Seirin wins) or he doens't and lose.

As for latest Jump cancellation season - Updates:
1. Kuroko just has a 31-page colour previous week, which is a sign that Jump still wanted to promote it.
2. Todays latest information - Kuroko get a reprint yet against for both Vol 1 and 2, a sign that Kuroko is selling briskly even after it has rolled off the latest charts.
3. This week's Jump - Kuroko is found (excluding Jaguar) fifth from the bottom, which is a thin margin but more than enough for Cancellation seasons that cut usually two (at most three) mangas.

Hope that helps.

Drmke
August 22, 2009, 12:36 AM
No, I think against Shuutoku will finish on chapter 35, unless somehow it goes to ovetime or not.

Well maybe the English scans will pick up eventually because I think I like this game better than the one that happened before it. Still on the fence about this series though but maybe I will start to really like it.

kdowns
August 24, 2009, 06:54 PM
well depends if xophien goes back to translating soon or another translator picks it up

Negative Syndicate
August 28, 2009, 08:35 AM
I found a spoiler for chapter 35.

体育館の外、空に稲妻が走る。
シュート体勢緑間。 誠凛一同 (そんな─… ここまで来て 負…け…)
かがみん (…てたまるか!! 勝つんだ!!)
かがみん (折れてもいい…動けよオレの足!! 前の試合もこの試合も最後に足手まといでいいわけねーだろ!!)
高尾 (まさか…飛べるはずねぇ!! あいつはもう限界のはずだ…!!) かがみん 「ああああ」

高く跳び上がったかがみん ─ の目前で着地している緑間。
緑間 「だろうな 信じていたのだよ たとえ限界でもお前はそれを超えて跳ぶと」 0:02
かがみん 「しまっ…」 メガネ (残り数秒のこの場面でフェイク!?)(どんな心臓してやがる)(これが…「キセキの世代」…)
カサマツ (緑間真太郎…!! 百戦錬磨は黒子だけじゃねぇ…!!) 秀徳監督 「よし!!」(もらった…!!) 大坪木村高尾 「決めろ緑間ァ!!」 再びシュートに行く緑間。

「ボクも信じてました」「火紙君なら跳べると そして」「それを信じた緑間君が一度ボールを下げると」
ジャンプする緑間の背後からボールを叩き落す黒子。 0:01
緑間が見下ろしながら (く…黒子ォ~~!!!!) 黒子、かがみんそれぞれいい顔。0:00
大喜び誠凛一同。カントク喜びの涙。
「試合…終了ー!!!」 大歓声の中カサマツ黄瀬正邦驚きの表情。飛び上がって喜ぶ誠凛ベンチ。それぞれ悔しそうな秀徳監督&選手。目を閉じる緑間。

高尾 「行こうぜ…整列」「たまにはおは朝も外すって!」 緑間 「うるさいだまれ」
整列。挨拶。主将同士握手。

涙する秀徳名無し。 緑間 「すいません少し外に出てきます」 名無し 「…はんっ 負けたってのに冷めたもんだぜ」 高尾 「…まさか」
高尾 「…何も感じてないはずねぇすよ」 監督少しの間の後 「くよくよしてるヒマはないぞ」「今日の敗戦をバネにして強くなれ 負けて悔しくない者などいない」

雨に打たれている緑間。
黄瀬 (次は決勝リーグっスか ってことは青峰っちとやるのも遠くないっスね)
「ピリリリ ピリリリ」 緑間の電話が鳴る.
ピッ 「あ──ミドリンひっさしぶり──!! どーだった試合──!? 勝った──!? 負けた──!? あのね──こっちは」 電話は桃。
…フーッ っと電話を切る緑間。 桃 「んにゃっ!?」
黄瀬 (あの二人には ちょっと因縁めいた対決になりそうっスね)

「ピリリリリ ピリリリ」 と再び緑間の電話が鳴る 「なんなのだいいかげんに…」
「んだよ暗れーなぁー さてはアレっしょ!? 負けちゃった!?」 緑間 「…青峰か」
緑間 「…そうだ せいぜい決勝リーグでは気をつけるのだよ」 青峰 「はーいー!? 何言ってんだよ!? キモイッて!」

光                                         光
黄瀬 (火神を黒子っちの今の相棒と呼ぶなら 青峰は「キセキの世代」のかつての相棒)

「オレを倒せる奴なんざ オレしかいねーよ」 青峰大輝 PF 192cm 85kg

つづく

大好評NG集に加え新たなオマケ登場!? JC3巻は9月4日発売!!
[hr]
Plus some picture

http://imepita.jp/20090828/646651
http://imepita.jp/20090828/596890

puremadniss
September 01, 2009, 04:01 PM
hmmm... looken bad for the team
midorima's shooting range is all the way from full court also

wonder what they can pull
i culd read the next chaps, but im 2 lazy

Negative Syndicate
September 03, 2009, 10:57 AM
I found a spoiler for chapter 36.

I think the author made a huge mistake.

雨。緑間電話 「相変わらずだな青峰」「分かっているのか?つまり決勝リーグで黒子と戦うということなのだよ」 青峰 「…なんかカン違いしてるぜ緑間」
青峰 「昔がどうでも関係ねぇだろ 今は 敵だ」「じゃな 切るぜ」 緑間 「ああ」 桃井 「ミドリーン!!落ち込んでる時にごめんねー!!元気だし」青峰「うるせーよ」ピッ

カントク 「さ!帰ろっか!」 プルプルしてる手 「いやちょっ…ゴメンマジ待って」 メガネ 「2試合やってんだぞ しかも王者…」 伊月 「んなテキパキ帰れるか…!!」
カントク 「あ ゴメン」(ゾンビみたくなっとる!) メガネ 「オレらは少し休めば大丈夫そうだけど 火神がな」 動くどころか立てん…

この辺雨の背景とセリフのみ。
「でもいつまでもここにいるわけにもいかないし… とりあえずどっか一番近いお店に入ろう!」「火神君はだれかおんぶしてって!」「じゃあジャンケンで決めよう!」
「おーい黒子大丈夫か?」 「すいませんもうムリです」 「ちょ黒子テメッもっとがんば あ゛~~!!!」

鉄板キッチンOKONOMI 「すいませーん」 と入る誠凛一同。 泥塗れかがみん 「黒子テメ覚えとけよコラ…」 黒子 「すいません重かったんで…」
かがみん店内を見て 「ん?」 カサマツ 「お」 黄瀬「mm」 かがみん 「黄瀬と笠松!?」 黄瀬 「ちっス」 カサマツ 「呼びすてかオイ!!」
メガネ 「なんでここに?」 カサマツ 「おたくらの試合観にね」 誠凛メンバーは15人。 カサマツ 「もしあれだったら相席でもいっすよ」

黄瀬カサマツ黒子かがみん相席。 黒子カサマツは普通の顔、黄瀬かがみんはジト目に。 黄瀬 「なんなんスかこのメンツは…そして火神っちなんでドロドロだったんスか」
かがみん 「あぶれたんだよ ドロはほっとけよ っち付けんな」 カサマツ 「食わねーとコゲんぞ」

「コーラこっちー」「オレンジー」「ウーロンハイー」 「誰だ酒頼んだバカは!?代えてもらえ!」 「よしっじゃあ… カンパー…」
そこに 「すまっせーん」 と入ってくる緑間と高尾。「おっちゃん二人 空いて… ん?」 一同固まる。
「なんでオマエらここに!? しかも二人!?」 高尾 「いやー真ちゃんが泣き崩れてる間に先輩達とはぐれちゃってー」 緑間 「オイ!」
緑間踵を返し 「店を変えるぞ高尾」 高尾 「あっオイ」 緑間外に出ようとするが外は傘が壊れカバンや猫が飛ばされるほどの強風と雨。

高尾 「あれっ!?」「もしかして海常の笠松さん!?」 カサマツ 「オマエ秀徳の… なんで知ってんだ?」 高尾 「月バスで見たんで!!全国でも好PGとして有名人じゃないすか」
「ちょっ…うおー!! 同じポジションとして話聞きてーなぁ!! ちょっとまざってもいっすか!?」
「え…? てか正直今祝勝会的なムードだったんだけど… いいの?」 「気にしない気にしない!! さ 笠松さん こっちで!!」 「ああ…いいけど」

黒子かがみん黄瀬緑間相席。腕組み緑間、汗を流す黄瀬かがみん、よく分からない表情の黒子。ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ… その他誠凛一同 「あの席パネェ!!!」
目をらんらんとさせたカントク 「ちょっとちょっとチョーワクワクするわね!?」 カサマツ 「オマエこれ狙ってたろ」 高尾 「えー?まっさかー(ハート)」

黒子 「とりあえず何か頼みませんか」 黄瀬 「オレもうけっこう一杯だから 今食べてるもんじゃだけでいっスわ」
緑間 「よくそんなゲ○のような物が食えるのだよ」 黄瀬 「なんでそーゆーこと言うっスか」と涙目。
「いか玉ブタ玉ミックス玉たこ玉ブタキムチ玉…」 「何の呪文っスかそれ!?」 「頼みすぎなのだよ!!」 「大丈夫です火神君一人で食べますから」 「ホントに人間か?」

鉄板の上にはほぼ食べ終わりのもんじゃ、お好み普通サイズ2つ、3倍くらいの直径の色々乗せたのが一つ。
緑間腕組み。 黄瀬 「緑間っち ホラ コゲるっすよ?」 ←なぜかこの「す」は平仮名  緑間 「食べるような気分なはずないだろう」
「負けて悔しいのはわかるっスけど… ホラ!昨日の敵はなんとやらっス」 「負かされたのはついさっきなのだよ!」
緑間 「むしろオマエがヘラヘラ同席している方が理解に苦しむのだよ 一度負けた相手だろう」 黄瀬 「そりゃあ…」
黄瀬 「当然リベンジするっスよ インターハイの舞台でね」 手を止める黒子かがみん。 黄瀬 「次は負けねぇっスよ」 食ってたの飲込みかがみん 「ハッ 望むとこだよ」
緑間 「黄瀬… 前と少し変わったな」 黄瀬 「そースか?」 緑間 「目が…変なのだよ」 黄瀬 「変!?」
黄瀬 「まぁ…黒子っち達とやってから 前より練習はするようになったスかね あと最近思うのが… 海常のみんなとバスケするのがちょっと楽しいっス」
黄瀬のイイハナシの後ろではお好み焼きを空中高く上げて皿に盛ったり返したりする二年達。カントク怒ってる。

「…どうもカン違いだったようだ やはり変わってなどいない」と緑間 「戻っただけだ 三連覇する少し前にな」
黒子 「…けど あの頃はまだみんだそうだったじゃないですか」 緑間 「オマエらがどう変わろうが勝手だ だがオレは楽しい楽しくないでバスケはしていないのだよ」
かがみん 「オマエらマジゴチャゴチャ考えすぎなんじゃねーの? 楽しいからやってるに決まってんだろバスケ」
緑間振り向き 「なんだと…」「…何も知らんくせに知ったようなこと言わないでもらおうか」
次の瞬間、べっしゃあ と緑間の頭に直撃するお好み焼き。ヘラ持った高尾 「あ」 緑間青筋 「…とりあえずその話は後だ」
「高尾ちょっと来い」 「わりーわりー…ってちょっとスイマッ… なんでお好み焼きふりかぶってん… だギャー!!」
黒子 「火神君の言う通りです 今日試合をして思いました」「つまらなかったらあんなに上手くなりません」と笑顔。

「お 雨やんだんじゃね?」 「ホントだ」 「じゃーいい時間だしそろそろ帰ろかー」 満腹で腹をさするかがみんに震え上がる黄瀬緑間。
緑間 「火神一つ忠告してやるのだよ」「東京にいるキセキの世代は二人 オレともう一人は 青峰大輝という男だ 決勝リーグで当たるだろう」
「そして 奴はお前と同種の選手だ」 かがみん 「はあ? よく分かんねーけど とりあえずそいつも相当強ぇんだろ?」
ダーク顔の黒子 「…強いです …ただあの人のバスケは…好きじゃないです」 黄瀬 「…」
帰ろうとする緑間 「…フン まあせいぜいがんばるのだよ」 黒子呼び止め 「…緑間君!」「また…やりましょう」
背を向けたまま緑間 「…当たり前だ 次は勝つ!」

店を出た緑間にリヤカー自転車の高尾 「今日はジャンケン無しでもいーぜ?」 緑間、一瞬の間の後 「…フン してもこぐのはいつも高尾だろう」 高尾 「にゃにおう!?」
ゆっくり走り去る自転車「ま 次は勝とうぜ」 「当然のことを言うな」 「ただおは朝のラッキーアイテムはなあ…」
「次からはぬからないのだよ 今度はもっと大きい信楽焼をかうのだから」 「サイズの話じゃねぇよ!!」

誠凛一同を従えメガネ 「じゃあ行くか!」「次は決勝リーグだ!!」 「おおう!!!」

バカ
レジ前、会計の後姿、多分伊月 「5万…ええ!?」「あの火神何枚食ったんだ」

つづく。

Drmke
September 03, 2009, 07:51 PM
Since I can't read Japanese, I gotta ask what that mistake is? lol

Negative Syndicate
September 03, 2009, 08:13 PM
Since I can't read Japanese, I gotta ask what that mistake is? lol

I'm not sure I should consider this as huge mistake or small mistake. But, the author explains like Shutoku going to be #1 in Tokyo because they acquired Midorima. But this chapter showed that there are another generation of miracles in Tokyo, too. Then, the author should have mentioned that there are two generation of miracles in Tokyo in the beginning, but he only made big fuss on Midorima, not Aomine. I thought there only one generation of miracles in Tokyo, until this chapter.

Sherlock Holmes
September 04, 2009, 03:58 AM
I just began reading this manga, and I have to ask...Was I the only one who thought the main character was a badass version of Ishimaru from ES21?

Negative Syndicate
September 16, 2009, 07:04 AM
I found some picture for chapter 36.

http://imepita.jp/20090904/572370
http://imepita.jp/20090904/571810
<hr noshade size="1">
I found a spoiler for chapter 37.

決勝リーグにまでコマを進めた誠凛高校であった …だが─
授業中に寝るレギュラー陣。「明後日は一日実力テストをやるからな ちゃんと全教科復習しとけよー」 起きてたカントクピクッ。
波乱は突然やってきた

かがみん 「…ったく いつも急になんなんだ あのカントクは 中間テスト全部持ってこいとか… また妙なこと考えてんじゃねーだろーなー」
黒子 「むしろすごく当然のことが起きそうな気がするんですけど」 後ろから 「おう火神ー」と声。1年生たち。
「降旗と 河原… と…福田!!」 トーン髪が降旗、スポーツ刈が河原、デコ黒髪が福田。 福田 「やっと名前覚えたなー」
「つかなんで今なんだ?赤点取るとIH行けないとか聞いた事はあるけど…」「実力テストって成績には関係ねぇんだろ?」「じゃあマジで問題ねぇじゃん!」

カントク 「問題…大アリよ!」「確かに実力テストは成績には関係ないわ!けど…」「ウチの学校は一学年約300人 その順位がはっきり出るのよ」
伊月 「そして下位100名は来週土曜に補習 これが問題なんだよ」 「え… …あ!」「土曜日…って決勝リーグの初日!?」 「そ だからテスト悪りーと試合行けねーの」
メガネ 「つーわけで!中間の結果で危ないと判断したら 今夜からカントクん家で勉強合宿だ」一番ひれーから
一年 「カントクん家…」ピク… カントク顔を赤らめ 「勉強だからね?言っとくけど…」
カントク 「補習で試合に出れんかもしれんバカにウフフな展開なんてあると思うなよ」黒バックでズズズズ…

持ってきた中間テストをチェックして 「う…ん まぁこれなら大丈夫じゃない? あとはちゃんと復習しといてね」
「あと残るのは…」 黒子 「はい」 かがみん 「うす」 メガネ (きた…)
2年ドキドキ (決勝リーグで不可欠にして一番予想できない奴ら…!! ぶっちゃけ誠凛バスケ部の未来がかかっている!!) カントク 「じゃ まず黒子君ね」

日本史63 英語55 化学49 数Ⅰ59 国語81 不明5?7。 2年 「わぁあ~ フッツ~~~」
「わっ悪くないわ! けど特によくもない!!」 「あ でも…国語はいい!」 「よかった! けどフツーだやっぱ!」
かがみん 「黒子オマエ…そんなに頭よかったのか…」ゴクリ カントク&メガネ (…え!!?)

国語3 多分世界史14 英語41 不明0 生物9 不明5。 2年 「ヒデェ…!!!」
「バカだとは!バカだとは思っていたけれども!! ここまでか!!」 「うっ…」 「フツーに0点もあんじゃねーか!!すげーよ!逆にな!」 「うう…」

「しかも英語も悪いって何!? 帰国子女だろオマエ!!」 かがみん 「日本の英語が細かすぎるんだよ!! もっとテキトーっつうか通じりゃいいんだよ言葉なんて!!」
カントク 「開きなおんなぁああ」とかがみんにブレーンバスター。 メガネ 「うわちゃあ~ こりゃオレら全員係で教えるっきゃねぇな」
かがみん 「え…? センパイ達教えるほどみんな頭いいの?ですか?」
カントク 「なめんなぁあああ」とかがみんにドロップキック。 メガネ 「ったりめーだ とりあえずお前よりはな」
前回の実力テスト順
メガネ112位/305人 土田81/305 水戸部74/305 伊月71/305 小金井52/305 カントク2/305。
「え…ちょ…カントク…2位!? そんな頭いんすか!?」 「でも主将は…メガネのわりに思ったより…」 「メガネが全員頭いいと思うなよ!! てか真ん中より上だからいんだよ!!」
かがみん 「バスケできりゃー勉強なんてどうでもいーじゃ…」ほほにチョップ「いてぇ!!」
カントク指を突きつけ 「バスケはバカでもできるわ! けどバカじゃ勝てないのよ!」 かがみんガガーン。

夜。得意科目に合わせ、バカガミ学力アップスペシャルチーム編成。
理科:水戸部 国語:黒子 数学:伊月 社会:メガネ 英語:土田 総指揮:メガネをかけたカントク。
かがみん 「小金井センパイは?」 ハリセン持った小金井 「オレは寝そうになった鏡をはたく役!」
カントク 「小金井君は得意科目も苦手科目もないわ!」勉強も器用貧乏!
カントク 「寝る間も惜しんでいくわよっ!!」と壁のタイムスケジュール表を叩く。翌々日9時のテストまで学校もそれ以外も勉強。 かがみん 「惜しむっつーかどこにもねぇ!!?」
「ちょっ…徹夜とか能率が悪いっ…てゆか…」「いっちょまえに能率とかぬかすなー!! 人間二日くらい寝なくても死なないわよ!」「まずは数学から!!」 「帰りてぇー!!」

暗記カードをめくる死にそうなかがみん。 黒子 「大丈夫ですか」 かがみん 「…死ぬ…」 小金井教室に来て 「火神ー昼は図書室でやるぞー」 かがみん 「うーす」
かがみん 「マジで死にそーだけど なぜか昨日黄瀬からメールきた」 黒子 「あ ボクが教えました メアド」 かがみん 「勝手に教えんなよ!!」
「…ちなみに黄瀬と緑間って勉強できんのか?」 「緑間君はできます 黄瀬君はイマイチです」 「…」
「まあそのメールが…」 件;この前 言い忘れたけどウチはI・H出場決まったっスよ。早くリベンジされにこい!!
かがみん 「決勝リーグ勝たなきゃIHには行けねー 勝ってもバカじゃIHでは勝てねー」「『キセキの世代』倒して日本一になるっつったのに こんなことでつまづけるか!」
黒子 「…火神君」「もしどうしてもダメだったら…これを」 鉛筆。湯島天神 人事を尽くして天命を待つ と書かれて、端を削って数字が書いてある。 「…これは?」
黒子 「緑間君が昔くれた最後の手段 湯島天神の鉛筆で作ったコロコロ鉛筆です」 かがみん 「いるかっ!!」と床に叩き付ける。

5時前。カントク「…まいったわね~ あと一教科…国語だけどーしても伸びないわ」
「漢字がダメすぎんだよなー 文章読むのも一苦労なんだよ」「…よし! こうしましょ」 カントク「国語は捨てる(パス)!」 メガネ&小金井 「え!!」
「テストは4択のマークシート方式だし テキトーにうめても25点前後いけるはず!」「残り4科目で挽回しなさい!!!」 「マジ…すか」

テスト。かがみん (…思った通りだぜ)(挽回どころか むしろどの教科も目標点にすらいってねーよ!)(しかも最後がよりによって…一番苦手な国語…)
かがみん (…いや!勉強しなかったわけじゃねーんだ諦めるな!」「やってやるぜ!)

机に突っ伏すかがみん。 黒子 「火神君…まさか…」 かがみん 「うるせーよ」「50分ずっと鉛筆を転がしてたよ オレは」

翌日。
「火神!テストどーだった?」駆けつけた2年。 かがみん 「それが…」
火神大我 90位/308人。メガネのメガネ割れる。
「なんでぇぇ!?」「え゛ええ!?」「ちょっ あ!? 国語98点!? えええ!?」「一体どうやって…!?」「いや…鉛筆転がしてただけ…なんで」「はあ!?」
黒子 「緑間君特製コロコロ鉛筆です」 「……」「なんだそれぇぇ!? 緑間こぇぇ!!」 こうして全員 無事補習はまぬがれた …が

その日日向は泣いた 過程はどうあれ火神に負けたことに 「オレ別にバカじゃないのに…」
火神も泣いた なぜか緑間に負けた気がしたことに 「オレは… あんなヤローの力を…」

つづく

[hr]
I found a spoiler for chapter 38.

http://imepita.jp/20090916/555540
http://imepita.jp/20090916/625840
http://imepita.jp/20090916/618490
http://imepita.jp/20090916/618680

hai_Priesty
September 21, 2009, 01:41 AM
I'm not sure I should consider this as huge mistake or small mistake. But, the author explains like Shutoku going to be #1 in Tokyo because they acquired Midorima. But this chapter showed that there are another generation of miracles in Tokyo, too. Then, the author should have mentioned that there are two generation of miracles in Tokyo in the beginning, but he only made big fuss on Midorima, not Aomine. I thought there only one generation of miracles in Tokyo, until this chapter.

Muwlove, the author has already stated in volume 2 that the 3 schools topped the Tokyo district in every of the recent 10 years. (Seihou, Shuutoku and one Aomine is in.) The word used "champion" in Japanese if not exclusively for "# One" only.

However, reading from the competition format, from the "block" of schools Seirin is alloted, Seirin MUST WIN the previous two in order to progress into the Nation-wide Inter High, as Seirin must progress to the top of their Block to enter the League that decide if they can go IH. The league match against Aoimine is not a must-win - Seirin only has to become the top 3 in the league to go to IH, which may explain why the Seirin seniors have not been so stressed about Aomine. (they'll just secure their win against other weaker teams if they lose that.)

In fact, so many 2ch people speculated the Kagami will get injured really badly this time ^_^; and lose the Aomine in the league final, but Seirin progress in IH and Kagami will win him the a re-play further down. Seeing that the injured Kagami is training against advice and Aomine ready to challenge an over-stretched Kagami, I think this argument is gaining weight week by week........

.... By the way, if I have some free time later this week and want to try translating Kuroko (just a few I think), shall I start with the chapter they left off or this week's?

Negative Syndicate
September 21, 2009, 07:14 AM
Muwlove, the author has already stated in volume 2 that the 3 schools topped the Tokyo district in every of the recent 10 years. (Seihou, Shuutoku and one Aomine is in.) The word used "champion" in Japanese if not exclusively for "# One" only.

Maybe I didn't explain enough, I know that there are three schools topped on Tokyo. But, the author has said like Shuutoku going to be top because they acquired Midorima:

http://www.onemanga.com/Kuroko_no_Basket/16/06/

I think the author should mentioned Aomine, and state it like there going to be competition between two schools, rather than Shuutoku will conquer other two schools.

hai_Priesty
September 21, 2009, 09:06 AM
I think the author should mentioned Aomine, and state it like there going to be competition between two schools, rather than Shuutoku will conquer other two schools.

Captain is telling Kagami to watch out , saying that Shuutoku "plans to conquer Tokyo this year". (For all I know Senshinkan, who has acquired Aoimine, is planning to do exactly the same)

The only reason why Seirin's Captain mention Midorima only is because (you can read the page before the scan) Shuutoku is playing at the same stadium as them that day, and Captain wants Kagami and other Juniors to watch them play attentively. When they need to counter Aomine later in league, the Coach and Captain will probably gotten previous match DVDs rather than seeing Aomine live anyway.

Negative Syndicate
September 21, 2009, 09:18 AM
Captain is telling Kagami to watch out , saying that Shuutoku "plans to conquer Tokyo this year". (For all I know Senshinkan, who has acquired Aoimine, is planning to do exactly the same)

I think there isn't any information that Senshinkan acquired Aomine. There is still possible that Aomine could be in different school.

hai_Priesty
September 21, 2009, 09:50 AM
Well, we're only 95% certain so far.... ^_^;

1. Senshinkan is currently the last school standing of the former 3 Champions.
2. Aomine is going to the League too, and in Tokyo district. (so he must be from one of the 3 other schools)
3. Aomine actually claims he's sick when he got too lazy to go for a match that he was certain his guys would win. It should imply a traditionally strong team.
4. From his first 2 appearence the areas he's in is far away from where Seirin and Shuutoku faced off. (Sunny weather while the stadium is in thuderstorm.) Northern Tokyo (where Senshinkan is) is likely.

Koen
September 21, 2009, 09:54 AM
hai, I would definitely like it if you'd pick up kuroko from xophien (I personally think he wouldn't oppose it)

I kinda lost everything after the scans. I check the raws but it makes me still clueless. I love kuroko no basket

hai_Priesty
September 21, 2009, 10:07 AM
Koeno-san here too! ^_^

So you suggest if I want to help fill some chapters when I'm free later this week I'll pick some from somewhere around chapt 30?

I'll try...... (I am no experience in translating sports manga, but I'll read the previous trans first and try my beest ^_^; ) *off for today.

Meromorphe
September 22, 2009, 01:53 PM
lol, the author (itsuki at least) got owned by a viral video on the internet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwS5kDDhetg
That was an advertisement for Gatorade if my intelligence (in the CIA sense, I am pretty dumb anyway) is correct.
Has someone else noticed the tribute to DevilBat Ghost in chapter 26 that was the chapter in the first issue without ES21? That was not the technique but the style to draw it when Kuroko turned around himself to throw the ball.

On the story progression, I like it so far. I don't ask for complicated stuff, just a bunch a guys who want to win is enough. I recognize it can't appeal to eveyone. The only bad thing I have seen so far is the use of basketball strategy and tactics in the manga that do not live up to the richness of this game so far. The author should work on these aspects I think.
I also need some loose of the tension after the end of the match. The author has build up a very heavy mood since chapter 1 and breaking it will allow him to explore different things with a light and fresh feeling.

Shurou
September 22, 2009, 06:15 PM
Is it just me or is the Miracle Generation (or Kiseki no Sedai, whatever you guys call it here...) being introduced very rapidly in succession...? At this rate, there won't be any left by the time Seirin goes to the national scene (if it gets there at all).

Negative Syndicate
September 24, 2009, 06:48 AM
I found a spoiler for chapter 39.

青峰の挑発的な態度に火神キレる。
誠凛はプール錬の後午後錬アリ。監督、まだ桃井絡みで怒っていてメニュー3倍を宣言。
黒子と桃井の会話シーン。
火神は昔の青峰にそっくりらしい。
過去回想。今とは別人のような青峰。
青「っし!!ナイスパス!テツ!」
緑「相変わらず憎たらしいぐらいピッタリなのだよ」
黄「てか黒子っちこっちにも回してほしいっス!」
黒「キャプテンに言ってください」
青「ははっ」
青「ホントなんでだろな」「テツとは他のことは何も合わねーのにバスケだけは噛み合うんだよな」
場面変わって桐皇(とうおう)学園練習風景。
新キャラ二人。関西弁?なPG今吉 翔一とネガティブなSG桜井 良。桜井と青峰は同じクラス。
桃井は昔の青峰に戻って欲しいと思っている。
火神VS青峰。

http://imepita.jp/20090924/761480
http://imepita.jp/20090924/666860
http://imepita.jp/20090924/727240
http://imepita.jp/20090924/666390
http://imepita.jp/20090924/666650

Looks like Aomine is not in Senshinkan, after all.

hai_Priesty
September 24, 2009, 09:55 AM
Thank for posting.....
O_O; I got effected by Sensei's misdirection. XD (<-- just admit you're wrong won't you?)

-Aomine's school is 桐皇 Touou. (see scan for some new charcters from there.)
-From Kuroko & Momoi's conversation (+flashback) Aomine used to be totally different from what he is now.
-Kagami was enraged by Aomine's attitude but was overcomed in one-on-one.

-Momoi expressed how she wish Aomine will return to his past self. For that, Kuroko promised her that he will win over Aomine.
-She met Aoimine on her way back. (Kagami shell-shocked)

-P.S. I think the sepia-toned colour page is the best I ever seen from Makki (Fujimaki Sensei) yet.
-P.S.2 - When (see scan) Aomine taunted Kagami that his light is too weak.... I feel that no matter how he changed he is still very mindful of his ex-partner Kuroko. (Kuroko used to be his "shadow".....)

Regarding trans - I am waiting for reply on the trans from chapter 28 onwards, so for the time being Fri/sat I'll translate this week's and the coming raws this Saturday. Hope you'll enjoy.

Negative Syndicate
September 24, 2009, 09:58 AM
Is it just me or is more like Momoi has a feeling on Aomine, rather than Kuroko.

hai_Priesty
September 24, 2009, 10:08 AM
Is it just me or is more like Momoi has a feeling on Aomine, rather than Kuroko.

I am suspecting the same too - at least not now, but in future.
(But I feel that her attachement to Aomine might be of childhood-friends-type as of now.) ^_^;

unok-kun
September 24, 2009, 11:45 AM
Regarding trans - I am waiting for reply on the trans from chapter 28 onwards, so for the time being Fri/sat I'll translate this week's and the coming raws this Saturday. Hope you'll enjoy.

http://mangahelpers.com/t/unokpasabaxaki/releases/16319

I feel so damn sucky... T_T

hai_Priesty
September 27, 2009, 02:38 AM
*Reading Uno-san's release* (I'm sending you a PM ^_^)

Oh, I'll post 29Q and today's release by Sunday morning I hope.

Meanwhile - last week's 38Q, hope it helps people follow the latest story....
http://mangahelpers.com/t/hai-priesty/releases/16381

EDIT : ...EH? 39Q is not here yet??? O_O;

[hr]
I've gotten the latest chapter! ^_^*
Another great chapter!

Release here:
http://mangahelpers.com/t/hai-priesty/releases/16396

And adding uno-san's 28Q, my 29Q:
http://mangahelpers.com/t/hai-priesty/releases/16395

Getting back to this week - seems like even though Kuroko distanced himself from other Generation of Miracles right from the start, he actually cares very much about them (and Momoi too).

I'm sorry to suggest this - from his apparent lack of interest to Momoi when she hugs (with her chest... O_O; ) to this week's promise - was there something Platonic.......? O_O She seems at least a important friend to Kuroko....

Alexandrius
September 29, 2009, 11:04 AM
I'm not here to whine about lack of scanlations, I just read the last one to be translated, chapter 29, and I want moar :3. Awesome stuff is awesome.

unok-kun
September 29, 2009, 05:32 PM
It's on the way, but don't expect great stuff. But... I'm the one who offered to translate it, and I'm way too sucky at Japanese and take more than 5 days for each chapter... *unok gives up again*

Negative Syndicate
October 02, 2009, 08:16 AM
I found a spoiler for chapter 40.

http://imepita.jp/20091002/583530
http://imepita.jp/20091002/583700
http://imepita.jp/20091002/584310
http://imepita.jp/20091002/584480

I think next chapter will be Kuroko's flashback when he was in Teikou.

hai_Priesty
October 04, 2009, 02:51 AM
Um.... @_@; there are a few real-life Names and sports stories (what the rule change if Goal because of Toger Woods?) that I need to research of Page 11 to translate,

I'll release the trans tomorrow after mending Page 11(doesn't deal directly with the story line)....., but these is this week's story 19 page trans:

Note : Page 17
**Baka (Idiot) + Kagami. "Bakagami" has been used several times but Serin's senpais on him in the past (when he forgets about coming matches and scores distraously bad in test).

40Q : Don't make me laugh!

Left : Having seen Kuroko's ex-partner - Aomine Daiki's ovewhelming powers, Kagami.....!?

-Your light....
-is dim!

-I know it's hot but you're drinking too much cold drinks!
-It's almost time for afternoon session!!

-Yes!!

-..... I lose...

-This is hardly the first time I ever lose an 1-on-1..... I have similar experience with Kise....
-....But this is the first time I have this feeling....

-Let's start!

-Uwow!

-Come!

-Louder! Our goal is Inter High!
-Seirin fight!!

-Ooh!!

-I don't feel like....
-I can win against him.

Left (Illustration):
Stand in my way and you'll get thrashed.

-Latest Jump Comic Volume 4 to be released on 4th November (Wed)!! Volume 1-3 in hot circulation!!

-Let's eat~

-...~

-What's with your teddy bear lunchbox!!

-Eh?

-Did you bring your sister's on mistake!?

-Huh, no.... I sorry!
-But I made the lunchbox is it can't be wrong....?

-You made this lunch!?

-Oh, looks tasty....

-Ah!

-Aomine!

-Hi.

-What did you go!!

-......Hmm.... test?

-Lier! There's no test today!!

-You're staying in the practise this afternoon right!

-Haha, no.
[handwritten : I just happen to have left something behind]

-This taste great, give the whole lunch to me!

-But... this is...

-Say that Again?

-I'm sorry! You can have all!

-Don't give him Sakurai!!

-Shut up!
-Who cares if it's excuse or lie!

-I've stated my case and shouldn't you let me leave?
[handwritten : and rest?]

-I've picked up my Horikita Mai photo collection.

-And I feel exhausted coming here.
-So I'm off!

-See you guys -
[handwritten : Work hard!]

-Ah, next time make my lunch as well!

-Huh....

-With Mai-chan's face on it!

-I got it! I'm sorry!!
[handwritten, Sakrai : Shaking]

-Wait Aomine!!

-What...

-Ahh!

-Aomine!!

-I told you.
[handwritten : to leave me alone]

-Practise, practise!
-Don't make me laugh!

-Ryou -
-how many points did I score last match?

-Em, yes...
-82... I think.

-Purpose of practise is for winning competition isn't it?
-I have the actual results in the competition so why whine about that?

-If you want to bug me on that,
-try again after....

[None]

-you...

-Huh?

-.......!

-Since it's broken why don't we just rest for today?

-Huh, was shall I say...
-...Yes!

-Try bugging me about practising...
-if you can do it better than me!

-.....shit...

-Are you okay?

-I'm sorry, Wakamatsu...

-Why - there's no need for Captain to apologize!

-What you said is correct.
-....But it's no use on him.

-Are in a school where capability speak the loudest.

-...But...

-Tiger Woods of Golf,
-you know him?

-What?

-

-At times one sportmen become so strong that
-the rules have to be changed against him.

-These is not that rare;
-occasionally it happens...

-He is one example of
-an insanely strong monster emerging in our sports...

-Well.... here we doesn't focus on teamwork,

-to start with.

[Box]Next day

-We get the lineup,
-for the Final League!!

-Block A is us. Block B Touou School, Block C Meisei, Block D Senshinkan.

-That's the 4 schools competiting for the Inter High seats.

-Touou and Meisei,
-I heard about the two first time....

-I know about Meisei - they are Champions of an older Era.

-The League table is a fresh lineup!

-That's because we saw the same three schools every year of this decade.

-I thought about this...
-We've slained two Kings.

-Perhaps we're finally..... going national this year!!?

-Ah, you.... stole my line!!

-Didn't Momoi chan said Aomine is among the strong team and we could afford to lose one Game and go...

-He's not in Senshinkan.

-The school they're in,
-is Touou.

-What!?

-I thought all the Generation of Miracles went to reputed schools!
-Aomine should at least go to a Champion like Midorima's....

-I saw the Momoi's uniform and confirmed it her school!

-This is unexpected!!

-They have improved greatly in just a few years.

-The lineup they have this year is no worse than Shuutoku's!

-This is bad....

-Senpai! What about Senshinkan?

-Like Seihou, Shuutoku....
-They're strong.
[Handwritten to Koganei : Don't get arrogrant!]

-We might have won this two, but in overall strength these schools are still superior.

-Cheers!!

-Ah,
-Kagami!

-You're slow!

-Sorry,
-it was my turn to sweep the classroom....

-Ah, you....
-This is your copy of the League Table!

-....Wait.

-Huh?

-Kagami kun....
-You... went for basketball alone?

-What, no....

-Your injuries is worsening...

-Well,

-...just a little....

-Damn...
-Bakagami!!!**

-Sorry! Aw it hurts!!

-This!
-I told you not to!!

-Are the ears beside your face just for decoration!? Or are those just holes in your head!!

-Ouch!

-Get a seat from the sickbay!
-You're sitting at sidelines today!!

-Dash... oh you can't!
-Walking on your hands!!

-Eh!
[handwritten : Are you serious!?]

-Excuse me,
-I'm going to the washroom.

-Fine... be quick!

-Kagami kun.

-Kuroko...

-What happened?

-Kagami may be an idiot,

-You!!

-but you're not one that does self-sabotaging acts without reason.

-Aomine,
-I met him.

-!

-Damn-!

-Cool down, Coach.
-Let's get back to the discussion.

-I get angry because he's indispensible!
-He's one only one that can deal with "Generation of Miracles"....
-Yes,

-Our first match is against Touou!
-Out first is the biggest trial!!

-That guy said
-he was your light in the past.

-I don't think you "just happened" to be in the same team....

-What happened in middle school....
-between you two?

Next week : Finally.... the story of Generation of Miracles, from the words of Kuroko!

Yes, from the preview it seems like the author finally want to touch on the plot line of Generation of Miracles - whether it will be a half or one chapter story, or turns into a small arc (3-5 weeks?) is unknown.....

And this week - wow Aomine is DQN... O_O... are you sure he'll turn better just because Seirin wins (if that's even possible)?