PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 323 Discussion [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2

Predator
September 07, 2006, 10:57 AM
:clap What a chapter! WHAT A CHAPTER!!!!! Simply put .... "packed full of jam". :tem

It's so nice to see that everyone gets what was expected. Naruto gets almost-four-tailed Kyuubi mode, Tenzou/Yamato gets to use his anti-beast jutsu, team Asuma gets to fight, ....... Hidan get's to die. :s

Honestly, I was so thrilled about this chapter that I was itching to get to say, what I think about this.

And as Naruto is knocked out for a while, let's focus on predicting the Team Asuma vs Hidan collision.

What do you think will the flow of battle be?
Ideas: a) Hidan get's stabbed ........ again ..... but dies; b) Hidan get's stabbed ...... again ..... but pwns all;
c) Hidan get's stabbed .... again, but it's not much use of it d) Hidan doesn't get stabbed ... XD ... yeah, right!

Don't forget to mind Kakuzu! Who knows, maybe that exit streches for miles and he arrives only in a while ..... *accidentally of course*. Or maybe he decides to kill Hidan once an for all, same as his other fellas. Mind also possible flashbacks as we might have come to the point where there are a whole bunch of them.

And if you were really that crazy to come here without getting this awesome chapter first ..... Do It Now! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=8320.0)

Rooks
September 07, 2006, 11:11 AM
Prediction:

Hidan is chillin, but he's stuck. With Shiki holding him with the shadow jutsu, the Konoha Nin have a chance to slice off his head, repeatedly stab him, throw water to see if he melts, etc etc etc. Considering the huge advantage of this situation for the Konoha nin, i can't believe Kishi will allow Hidan to just be killed off.

Likely, we'll get a lot of dialogue from Hidan and why he 'cant be killed off.' He'll explain that Kukuza is on the way who is "omgwtfbbq" strong and soon enough the Konoha Nin will be toast. I don't think Kukuzu will show up in the next chapter however.. Maybe we'll get a glimpse of some of the other teams since Naruto is gonna be taking a little breather/nap..

I expect less action in the next chapter or two before the fight intensifies and concludes.

toin7
September 07, 2006, 11:27 AM
Hmm, I think Kohona needs some reinforcements lol. I would like to see asuma pull some wind jutsus out. I think the quote about Asuma quitting smoking for some other reason might just be something to do with Kurenai and possibly a baby.

I think Naruto going 4 tails throws all theories about what yamato is doing out the window. If he were suppressing Kyuubi completely, this would never have happened unless we see him starting to struggle to control naruto and kyuubi. If he were controlling the leak so that the tails won't appear, why did the tails appear? Yamato did not struggle at all as Naruto's transformation was so sudden. There was no sense that yamato was losing control. So exactly what is yamato doing?

I think Naruto can do the rasengan one handed but it takes more concentration. Because adding wind is so hard, going back to the basics would help as doing rasengan with 2 hands is easier than doing it with 1 hand.

I really hope naruto doesn't rely on kyuubi to pull off a wind rasengan.

And what does kakashi mean that naruto basically has to be able to pull this off? Can even kakashi not stop sasuke if need be?

Remus
September 07, 2006, 11:31 AM
Well Kakazu will come out and his Bloodlust will awaken again. And then he goes berserker mode. He is so far the most unpredictable person in Naruto. He seems very calm but from what he says he is seems more like the berserker guy who likes to kill to satisfy his subcounciousness.

Kusachu
September 07, 2006, 11:31 AM
If Izumo or Kotetsu dies, i am going to cry. For real. I pray that my assumption of their impending death(s) is wrong. PLEASE! DON"T BE LIKE THE NEW GUY ON STAR TREK!! LIVE! LIIIIIVE!

bax
September 07, 2006, 11:32 AM
I expect Kakuzu would be pissed off because of seeing Hidan in that condition. Then Asuma would confront Kakuzu while Shika leads the other two to fight Hidan.

Before they can do anything, Hidan seems to be free from Shika's jutsu. The fight start. Hidan owns Shika and the two Chuunins.

Changed to Tsunade. As usual her attendant will barge in and give the latest report. Tsunade redirecting another brigade (possibly Neji's or Gai's) to the scene. And also called for Kakashi and Yamato. They left Naruto. Naruto got pissed off because being left out.

Naruto snuck out from the hospital (assuming he was sent to the hospital or anywhere he can rest) to help the others after Sakura told him what happened. Sakura gets angry with Naruto but decided to follow him.

Change to Asuma. Asuma fights equally with Kakuzu. Kakuzu got mad, and making seals...

[chapter end]

Remus
September 07, 2006, 11:35 AM
Are those other two really Chuunins ?

Kusachu
September 07, 2006, 11:37 AM

They have to be jounin. Even Shikamaru is a jounin. They were examiners at the chuunin exam too. I was under the impression that one had to be jounin to be an examiner.

bax
September 07, 2006, 11:37 AM

As far as I know. (My generalisation of 20 brigades = 1 Jounin + 3 Chuunins)

Kusachu
September 07, 2006, 11:38 AM
Besides, do you really think Tsunade would send chuunin agains Akatsuki?!? I think not.[br]Posted on: September 07, 2006, 12:37:55 PM_________________________________________________

As far as I know. (My generalisation of 20 brigades = 1 Jounin + 3 Chuunins)

That doesn't work. Asuma and Shikamaru are jounin.

ZeroDegrez
September 07, 2006, 11:39 AM
Well...now we have a much better idea how the 4th tail showed up when Naruto was training with Ero Senin. Kind of makes me wonder what move Naruto was working on when it happened? It couldn't have been the simple basics that we've come to believe he has been working on. Perhaps when Naruto was working on 'That Jutsu' the 4th tail showed up and perhaps that's why Ero Senin said not to use 'That Jutsu'.

Prediction:
Naruto will wake up, and they will tell him he fainted or maybe they will inquire as to what was going on in his head to try and find what is causing the tails. They may even, *gasp* tell him the truth.

Yeah, Hidan is going to explain why he can't be killed. But it's pretty damn funny since Kukuzu has been talking about killing him all the time, and Hidan is always joking about how hes going to die. Kukuzu is going to jump Shikamaru from behind, but Shikamaru already anticipated that and rigged up a bear trap to snach his ass. I mean lets face it, you know Shikamaru has a backup backup backup plan.

Maybe Hidan is a zombie ninja. Perhaps he just has unnatural regeneration. But whatever the case, you know hes in no moral danger at the moment, no one gets stabbed by 2 swords and says, "ouch guys".

bax
September 07, 2006, 11:40 AM
That doesn't work. Asuma and Shikamaru are jounin.

Look at chapter 247. Shika only mentioned Neji has become a Jounin

Maybe Hidan is a zombie ninja. Perhaps he just has unnatural regeneration. But whatever the case, you know hes in no moral danger at the moment, no one gets stabbed by 2 swords and says, "ouch guys".

Maybe he's just like Sasori. You need to strike a specific target. My prediction: his heart. Because he seems so weak when doing that stupid ritual of his (if he struck himself at the heart)

hotsuma316
September 07, 2006, 11:43 AM
Naruto needs a catalyst to combine his wind type chakra to his rasengan, I think maybe kyuubi maybe the catalyst for his new jutsu to work.

Vegitto
September 07, 2006, 11:45 AM
They have to be jounin. Even Shikamaru is a jounin. They were examiners at the chuunin exam too. I was under the impression that one had to be jounin to be an examiner.

What about Iruka? He was an examiner, but he's still a Chuunin.

Anyhow, I predict that baxteristic's prediction will come true, but over multiple chapters.

Dracul
September 07, 2006, 11:47 AM
Shikamaru is a Chunnin. The only 3 members of the original 15 that became Jounin were Neji, Temari, and Kankuro. Gaara became Kazekage, and everyone but Naruto and Sasuke became chunnin. Izumo and Kotetsu were both chunnin before the timeskip, so it is unknown if they became jounin, but more than likely they are still chunnin. I believe the 1 Jounin 3 Chunnin team format is correct.

Either way, my predictions are that:

Naruto begins to see a method next chapter.
Some backstory on Hidan.
Continue fighting between Hidan and Team Asuma.
Kakuzu shows up at end of chapter.

2 chapters from now, we get a suprize visit from Konoha ninjas or the notion of such an appearance. CMON TEAM GAI! (tho it would be really nice to see shino)

Kusachu
September 07, 2006, 11:52 AM
What about Iruka? He was an examiner, but he's still a Chuunin.

Anyhow, I predict that baxteristic's prediction will come true, but over multiple chapters.

Iruka was not an examiner. He asked specifically to meet with team seven at the end of the second test instead of Kakashi because he was worried about them and didn't think they would make it. [br]Posted on: September 07, 2006, 12:50:10 PM_________________________________________________

Shikamaru is a Chunnin. The only 3 members of the original 15 that became Jounin were Neji, Temari, and Kankuro. Gaara became Kazekage, and everyone but Naruto and Sasuke became chunnin. Izumo and Kotetsu were both chunnin before the timeskip, so it is unknown if they became jounin, but more than likely they are still chunnin. I believe the 1 Jounin 3 Chunnin team format is correct.

Nope. Shikamaru is a jounin. I am sure. Sakura told Naruto that Shikamaru and Neji, and also Kankurou and Temari all became jounin, and the rest of them are chuunin.

Dracul
September 07, 2006, 11:52 AM
Look at chapter 247. Shika only mentioned Neji has become a Jounin

Maybe he's just like Sasori. You need to strike a specific target. My prediction: his heart. Because he seems so weak when doing that stupid ritual of his (if he struck himself at the heart)

Man, you'd think they would have aimed there in teh first place ;)

But I agree with you, he probably has one particular weakness.

Shikamaru is a jounin. I am sure. Sakura told Naruto that Shikamaru and Neji, and also Kankurou and Temari all became jounin, and the rest of them are chuunin.

I dont know. I just pulled up chapter 247 and Shikamaru is even pointing at temari when declaring that the other 3 had become Jounin. It seems to be pretty clearly stated. Its all on page 7 of that chapter.

bax
September 07, 2006, 11:53 AM
Iruka was not an examiner. He asked specifically to meet with team seven at the end of the second test instead of Kakashi because he was worried about them and didn't think they would make it.

Wrong again. See the anime when the first dumb Genin accused that the examiners can't see them all at once. The guy that beat the hell out of him clearly said he is a Chuunin. An elite one to be exact

Kusachu
September 07, 2006, 11:57 AM
DAMN IT ALL! Okay so Skikamaru isn't a chuunin. (actually checked chapter 247 page 7) Ah well. lol[br]Posted on: September 07, 2006, 12:55:45 PM_________________________________________________

Man, you'd think they would have aimed there in teh first place ;)

But I agree with you, he probably has one particular weakness.

I dont know. I just pulled up chapter 247 and Shikamaru is even pointing at temari when declaring that the other 3 had become Jounin. It seems to be pretty clearly stated. Its all on page 7 of that chapter.

Yes. i checked and you had posted. My bad. Dang. How does my brain get so mixed up?

Dracul
September 07, 2006, 11:58 AM
DAMN IT ALL! Okay so Skikamaru isn't a chuunin. (actually checked chapter 247 page 7) Ah well. lol[br]Posted on: September 07, 2006, 12:55:45 PM_________________________________________________
Yes. i checked and you had posted. My bad. Dang. How does my brain get so mixed up?

Hehe, either way, he should be a Jounin right? :-D I can't wait to see him dismantle the Akatsuki :tem

Kusachu
September 07, 2006, 12:02 PM
Even still, no. i don't get why chuunin would be sent to hunt akatsuki. It seems like asking for death. [br]Posted on: September 07, 2006, 12:59:47 PM_________________________________________________

Wrong again. See the anime when the first dumb Genin accused that the examiners can't see them all at once. The guy that beat the hell out of him clearly said he is a Chuunin. An elite one to be exact

wait, what? I didn't say Iruka wasn't a chuunin. I said he wasn't an examiner. He was teaching the whole time the test was going on i thought. But then i am usually wrong. XD

Defenderx2
September 07, 2006, 12:09 PM
323 Prediction - Thinking they've finished Hidan, Shikamaru will release his shadow bind too early and leave the group open to a feral attack by the enraged Hidan, but Asuma's group are no pushovers and will force him to finally show us one of his techniques!

This of course, will lead into his origin in the subsequent issues (also possibly revealing his weakness), which will have us believe that he might die, but then Kakuzu will show up...

Donils
September 07, 2006, 12:12 PM
Iruka is an academy instructor. Without anything to back it up, I would say an examiner is a high level chuunin job. Shikamaru is an examiner and probably a stone throws away from jounin. Those other two guys are also examiners, but lack high level potential which is why they are still stuck at chuunin.

Kusachu
September 07, 2006, 12:18 PM
Iruka is an academy instructor. Without anything to back it up, I would say an examiner is a high level chuunin job. Shikamaru is an examiner and probably a stone throws away from jounin. Those other two guys are also examiners, but lack high level potential which is why they are still stuck at chuunin.

Yeah it seems they are your every day ninja that weren't born into genius clans. XP Poor boys. They're gonna die...*sob*

hotsuma316
September 07, 2006, 12:19 PM
I think Naruto can do the rasengan one handed but it takes more concentration. Because adding wind is so hard, going back to the basics would help as doing rasengan with 2 hands is easier than doing it with 1 hand.

I really hope naruto doesn't rely on kyuubi to pull off a wind rasengan.

I do believe that naruto needs Kyuubi to act as the catalyst or buffer to bridge the gap between his nature manipulation chakra and form manipulation chakra. The appearance of kyuubi's chakra crawling out of naruto seems to suggest that kyuubi saying "Stupid Naruto, you're not doing it right, Damn it!! - here let me show you", but then all of the sudden stupid Yamato (aka tenzou) supressed Kyuubi chakra.

jtchang
September 07, 2006, 12:31 PM
All, i think i just figured out how Naruto is going to do his new technique 1 of his clones is going to use the fox chakra and the other is going to use his own chakra. Thus pulling the 2 together and i bet the technique is going to be a rasengan that looks like a fox or some shite like that.

Just a thought.....

Kusachu
September 07, 2006, 12:36 PM
I do believe that naruto needs Kyuubi to act as the catalyst or buffer to bridge the gap between his nature manipulation chakra and form manipulation chakra. The appearance of kyuubi's chakra crawling out of naruto seems to suggest that kyuubi saying "Stupid Naruto, you're not doing it right, Damn it!! - here let me show you", but then all of the sudden stupid Yamato (aka tenzou) supressed Kyuubi chakra.

Hmmm...my first assumption about all that Yamoto straining to contain Kyuubi made me think it was an opening for the possibilty of Naruto NOT finding the "trick" to Ultra Mega Mega Rasengan for the time being, if only for the sake of him finally "getting it" in a battle with Sasuke. Like, Sasuke is all, "Feh. You suck. Kyuubi is nothig to me." and then he seals up Kyuubi's chakra, and Naruto is all, "RAAAAAAWR!" and finally whips out the new move via need to "get Sasuke back". But it seems that doesn't really fit with the current plot development so IDK. It's a fun thought at least. :)

tscombo
September 07, 2006, 12:40 PM
IMO, Hidan can be killed but he probably has to be killed a number of times before he actually stays dead. I think those rituals he preforms gives him an extra life or something like that. Just a guess.
The next issue should give some background on Hidan before his partner shows up to free him from the shadow jutsu.

kunai-knight
September 07, 2006, 12:43 PM
So how did Yamato suppress that thing anyway? It just looked like the wooden beam came alive and wrapped itself around naruto. It seemed more like a jail, than some sort of actual 'return to normal' method.

My prediction is though - that whatever Hidan's weakness is, shikamaru will be the one to figure it out. It will probably be in one of those glory 'classic' moments such as when naruto used zabuzza water prison weakness and tricked him into releasing kakashi. So i'm very much looking forward to that.

Also i dont see those two dying - they've been around soo long now it'd be a shame to kill them off now. But nah i dont think the shadow bind will come off too early - cuz hidan just got stabbed and he's not screamin in agony he's more like 'so ya heard the oil prices are dropping? :tem ) So theres gonna be some shock there in the next chapter when they realize that he isnt fazed by their attack.

ohh New Prediction - we'll get a hidan flashback! Of how he ended up with that unique immortal ability. It would be quite lovely to get some background on more akatsuki memebers - so kishi might do one on Hidan.

bannik
September 07, 2006, 12:46 PM
guys I dont believe naruto can fight sasuke without the Kyuubi, also i dont think naruto will get to use the move, i think he is going to go super fox mode and fight kakashi and the earth guy in the process all the ninjas even the akatsuki sense it and they know what direction to go to....another thing the guy who cant die.....i think he will die....i think the other guy....bounty hunter one who likes money....i'llcall him pimp, the pimp is going to see the ghoul is that situation and in the process wants to see how it goes cause they dont like each other...then when it gets worse he will let him go kill one ninja and run off.......whoala

hotsuma316
September 07, 2006, 12:58 PM
Like, Sasuke is all, "Feh. You suck. Kyuubi is nothig to me." and then he seals up Kyuubi's chakra, and Naruto is all, "RAAAAAAWR!" and finally whips out the new move via need to "get Sasuke back".

"Get Sasuke Back" secret move, LOL, I'd wager it'll be sexy no jutsu version of Itachi using tsukoyomi

Defenderx2
September 07, 2006, 01:05 PM
IMO, Hidan can be killed but he probably has to be killed a number of times before he actually stays dead. I think those rituals he preforms gives him an extra life or something like that. Just a guess.

What a guess! I hadn't even imagined something like that, but it's an awesome thought. Extra life technique. Definitely something very modern and Naruto-like. But that makes you wonder, if it's that easy to gain extra lives, why Orochimaru didn't just join the Jashin religion and practice the same technique for his immortal life.

ouhei
September 07, 2006, 01:11 PM
I think having Kakuzu come out and get "hot headed" and end up actually killing Hidan would be cool, Asuma's team would be a bit surprised atleast.

Actual prediction: Naruto figures out how to mix in the wind chakra, and the fight with akatsuki fight gets really interesting.

tscombo
September 07, 2006, 01:17 PM
What a guess! I hadn't even imagined something like that, but it's an awesome thought. Extra life technique. Definitely something very modern and Naruto-like. But that makes you wonder, if it's that easy to gain extra lives, why Orochimaru didn't just join the Jashin religion and practice the same technique for his immortal life.
It does seem Naruto-like, it's one of the few ideas I've had that just might come to past I hope. That's a good question also, my guess is that there is a weakness involved besides having to do that ritual a number of times. It might be that you can die of natural cause like old age but you can't be killed in battle or something.

Kusachu
September 07, 2006, 01:18 PM
"Get Sasuke Back" secret move, LOL, I'd wager it'll be sexy no jutsu version of Itachi using tsukoyomi

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD That would own all. I wont go where i so much want to go with my reply for the sake of...not getting banned or something...

photaibo
September 07, 2006, 02:14 PM
what a nice chapter 322 was!!!
Many people were right to predict, that Naruto would use kyuubi!

Prediction for the next chapter:
Fighting scene with Team Asuma being surprised by Hidan, by the way, is there any Hidan Fan Club? This Character is so cool, he shouldn't die so quickly!
Naruto will find a way to cooperate with 4+tail kyuubi without losing his mind.. <-- (more a wish than a prediction)

Gigga
September 07, 2006, 02:32 PM
Naruto will come closer to figuring out the Wind Rasengan, possibly making a pact with kyubi to make it complete, he did faint, that usually means he goes into the subconcious gate thingie. shikamaru will do that shadow stabbie thing he did to kill sai's ink animals, but hidan will still not die. maybe then those two chuunin will do a special move that will prove ineffective. asuma will have to fight the other akatsuki, then several chapters later naruto will come out and vaporize hidan with his wind rasengan!

mageofdeath
September 07, 2006, 02:36 PM
I predict next chapter will be one final teaser of Naruto's training, but they wont show him completing the jutsu, because as we all know mangaka's never show and entire training period so they can have material to flash back to later...
as for team asuma, well they are gonna get pwned and shikamaru is gonna barely escape and make it back to the village just because he doesn't have a bounty on his head, but by escaping he may be able to figure out hidans and kakuzu's weaknesses and report them to the hokage which will come in handy later so Naruto can pwn them with his jutsu...

bax
September 07, 2006, 02:40 PM
then several chapters later naruto will come out and vaporize hidan with his wind rasengan!

Quite a high hope you have there but it's possible. But I don't think that he will come from nowhere and blasted his wind Rasengan just like that. Obviously there's something that Naruto, and even the Yondaime, is missing for them to use form&nature-manipulated jutsu like the wind-rasengan. I believe this fight will become crucial for Naruto to finally see/learn/experience that missing part

mrcongojack
September 07, 2006, 04:13 PM
I think the story will go one of three ways:
1. Hidan is dead. Asuma and the others ambush Kakuzu, get some information of him, and then knife the sucker.

2. Hidan isn't dead, and he and Kakuzu fight the Leaf ninjas. Shikamaru will more then likely survive, the others are debatable.

3. They don't fight, instead they have a "Who's the Bigger Badass" competition. Asuma whips out his cigs, Shikamaru loafs in a cool stance, Hidan shows off his triple scythe, and Kakuzu does something cool. Biggest Badasses win, losers commit suicide.

Uchiro
September 07, 2006, 04:15 PM
Great chapter! Finally some ACTION!

My prediction, you ask?

<b><u>FIGHT!!!</u></b> Team Asuma vs Akatsuki! Heck yes! It's time for those B-List characters to shine and finally get their fight on and show us why Kishi has saved the best for last!

neomaster121
September 07, 2006, 04:22 PM
My long term prediction is that nine tails will be the one who teaches Naruto how to combine the two chakra manipulation together I don't know how but that’s what I think. Short term I think it’s going to be a small bit of Naruto waking up and maybe an explanation and for the rest of the chapter I think shikimaru will release the jutsu thinking he's dead and I see the group splitting in to two. One for each akatsuki member

Kratos
September 07, 2006, 04:30 PM
My long term prediction is that nine tails will be the one who teaches Naruto how to combine the two chakra manipulation together

that would be nice

zetsuie
September 07, 2006, 04:45 PM
i predict more squads will show p to fight the two akatsuki members and help asuma and shikamaru

Gatekeeper
September 07, 2006, 04:48 PM
I predict Hidan and Kakuzu (maybe) will begin a counterattack, thus allowing a chance for Kishi to show Asuma and Shiki uberness.

I'm also hoping for another conversation between Naruto and the Kyubi to show up again. Last time it happened, we learned something interesting (ch. 309); maybe we'll learn something interesting once again if the two ever come face-to-face again.

mpierluissiu
September 07, 2006, 04:59 PM
he did faint, that usually means he goes into the subconcious gate thingie.

I tink that naruto will use kiuby and deal whit him and get to use his power without goin kb4

Toad Sage
September 07, 2006, 07:33 PM
Well I'll be darned about 322! I doubted all you guys who said Kyuubi was going to show up :(

I predict next chapter will rock, as it is finally time for a fight at last :)

midnight789
September 07, 2006, 07:58 PM
Wow, I hope this next chapter is mostly about team Asuma vs. Akatsuki. Ever since we found out that Naruto's new jutsu is going to be a wind rasengan, i've lost some interest in his training, though a naruto-kyuubi convo would be much appreciated. Actually I'm going to predict that next chapter kakuzu arrives to see hidan shanked the hell up, possibly freeing him from the shadow bind by attacking shikamaru or something; and I also predict that we see a naruto-kyuubi convo.

DesiSkull
September 07, 2006, 08:14 PM
first of all awesome chapter.
as for predictions. we will finally see how stronge Hidan and Kakuzu are. Kakuzu will come out and free hidan off shadow jutsu. i wonder how actually they can kill hidan. hmm naruto keeps training while yamato keep kyubi in check. and i think naruto will make some improvements or discover something new. asuma group are gonna be in alotta trouble once kakuzu shows up. hehe in other word next chapter is gonna be kick ass one. cant wait.

toin7
September 07, 2006, 08:50 PM
Naruto will go down the tubes if he relies on kyuubi to do the wind rasengan. Naruto vowed never to use kyuubi again, saksuke can suppress kyuubi seemingly better than even yamato, and yamato said naruto is stronger without kyuubi. If kishi goes against all of that which he himself put in, it just seems hypocritical. I really wanna see naruto be able to fight on his own power instead of all the fights lately where he basically uses kyuubi to battle for him. It's really lame.

panzerzanaku
September 07, 2006, 09:14 PM
If Izumo or Kotetsu dies, i am going to cry. For real. I pray that my assumption of their impending death(s) is wrong. PLEASE! DON"T BE LIKE THE NEW GUY ON STAR TREK!! LIVE! LIIIIIVE!

aww poor u

i hope they die :D
death is soo sweet

or asuma or shikamaru will do just fine
even both or all
yay yay yay :) w00t

jester065
September 07, 2006, 11:31 PM
Naruto will go down the tubes if he relies on kyuubi to do the wind rasengan. Naruto vowed never to use kyuubi again, saksuke can suppress kyuubi seemingly better than even yamato, and yamato said naruto is stronger without kyuubi. If kishi goes against all of that which he himself put in, it just seems hypocritical. I really wanna see naruto be able to fight on his own power instead of all the fights lately where he basically uses kyuubi to battle for him. It's really lame.

mmm i agree with you on most the post but sasuke can't suppress kyuubi better than yamato... and remember naruto was holding him back too. Maybe sasuke can stop it when its starting but if he 4 tail or close to it... i'm going with yamato. This could be what happens to Jiraiya too :p

mmmmm but this brings up some big questions on just how does Yamato suppress works?.. was it a burst of kyuubi's chakra that didn't give him time to fight it off? Only thing i have to add is since naruto is so tired and looks like he is out of chakra almost... does this mean that 98% of his chakra is held up? Only thing we know is the seal is weaking the more he uses it so since its up to 4 maybe 5 now... does this mean that all the chakra he used up for the trainning was there fighting it off so this doesn't happen? I think that makes the most since but i could be wrong :noworry

Yeah Naruto going to find a way to make this jutsu and after he gets some rest.. i hope. But i don't see kyuubi being apart of the jutsu... i would think it would weaken it more than help it. Just because him having to rely on kyuubi for the power to use it and not himself... plus after looking at pasted chapters led me to believe that he doesn't want that. I'm thinking more Hidan going to start by knocking both them away or them jumping back and amazed that he is still standing and talking. Which will led up to hidan fighting them all at ounce followed by kakuzu walking out or running out because of the loud sound that had to be made by Hidan's weapon.

:Gaaraball

K3v1N
September 07, 2006, 11:37 PM

If it were that easy, Kakuzu would have already killed him. Hidan is going to be a real pain in the ass to kill, and if Kakuzu is stronger then him, Konoha is in trouble.

ricardoc
September 08, 2006, 12:05 AM
I predict that we´ll gonna see some real action, maybe one of the most interesting fights ever....about the training, i think that naruto will be still trying, but 324 chapter should show only flashs of the training. the chapter will concentrate on the fight between team asuma and akatsuki, and kakuzu wont appear in the fight imediatelly. sorry about the english.

soak87
September 08, 2006, 12:41 AM
In regards to Hidan's immortality, if anyone watched the japanese action movie: Shinobi, they would know that the immortal ninja had worms inside him to help him regenerate any injuries or reattach severed body parts.
I believe that the only way to kill Hidan will be through some poison gas or liquid to kill those worms then he finally dies.

As for the next chapter, I think it will be more flashbacks of Hidans past, a bit of fighting b/t Hidan and Team Asuma, and maybe a few pages of dialogue b/t Sakura & Naruto.[br]Posted on: September 08, 2006, 01:39:52 AM_________________________________________________I hope Jiraya shows up eventually in the upcoming chapters, he's been mia for a while in the manga after the training with naruto

photaibo
September 08, 2006, 01:54 AM

Agreed to some degree. But before he stops using kyuubi power, I want see, how strong kyuubi mode can get(the full potential). After knowing how powerful it is, Naruto should get stronger than that without monster's help.

4ghost
September 08, 2006, 02:03 AM
In regards to Hidan's immortality, if anyone watched the japanese action movie: Shinobi, they would know that the immortal ninja had worms inside him to help him regenerate any injuries or reattach severed body parts.
I believe that the only way to kill Hidan will be through some poison gas or liquid to kill those worms then he finally dies.

As for the next chapter, I think it will be more flashbacks of Hidans past, a bit of fighting b/t Hidan and Team Asuma, and maybe a few pages of dialogue b/t Sakura & Naruto.[br]Posted on: September 08, 2006, 01:39:52 AM_________________________________________________I hope Jiraya shows up eventually in the upcoming chapters, he's been mia for a while in the manga after the training with naruto

I like that idea regarding Hidan's immortality. Never seen or heard of that movie do you know how old it is. A character has a similar scenario regarding his body, worms and being immortal in Blade of the Immortal. That character has kessen-chu(sacred-blood worms) that make him immortal although because of them he feels his skill is degrading. Perhaps the idea had previously come from some myth or tale regarding ninjas that we aren't aware of.

Panda
September 08, 2006, 02:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqQ7vW75GIg

REguarding Hidan's immortality watch this. Watch the first 5 minutes of this and you will understand how the worm regeneration thing works!

K3v1N
September 08, 2006, 02:52 AM
That character has kessen-chu(sacred-blood worms) that make him immortal although because of them he feels his skill is degrading.

Hidan: My attacks are the slowest in Akatsuki. I can't seem to hit anything.

Hmmm....

4ghost
September 08, 2006, 04:40 AM
Another thought is that Hidan could be similar to Shino and Gaara with his immortality abilities. Similar to Shino in that he allows his body to be the host of some kind of creature(s), and similar to Gaara in that he feeds this parasite/creature(s) the chakra of his fallen opponents (Gaara's special sand). Hidan's weapon and/or religion may have some sort of connection to the creature(s) too that is if it exists.

bannik
September 08, 2006, 05:43 AM
have you guys noticed that when ever Hidan finishes a fight he lays there and absorbs all the blood in the area....maybe thats his ability the blood regenerates him....also i think naruto will start getting better when he excepts his Kyuubi side and live with it......like Ultimate hulk if anyone reads Ultimates .....

jester065
September 08, 2006, 05:51 AM
well he could do that but the thing is he doesn't wanna have anything to do with kyuubi

Vegitto
September 08, 2006, 06:16 AM
have you guys noticed that when ever Hidan finishes a fight he lays there and absorbs all the blood in the area....maybe thats his ability the blood regenerates him....also i think naruto will start getting better when he excepts his Kyuubi side and live with it......like Ultimate hulk if anyone reads Ultimates .....

In that case, you should give him an opponent with AIDS. That way, he dies slowly :p.

mangadictus
September 08, 2006, 06:40 AM
Hidan can't be killed, that's for sure. But then, if we're to look at this without complexity and associate the Hidan character with other common you-just-cant-kill-me-cuz-im-immortal kind of thingy, I think Hidan has some weakpoints. I'm not saying that it's like the Highlander character context that you just cut off the head and get owned. But there's got to be something that can kill Hidan. Achilles heel, maybe? My two cents. Add an extra one :)

Torofoo
September 08, 2006, 07:08 AM
Well... hidan seems to have a really incredible healing ability.
But what happens if one of his member is cut ? It's not sure that it will be healed back... I think that's here that the Asuma's extremely cutting knives will be useful ^^ Cutting legs and arms from Hidan, and he won't be a threat anymore... think of it, Asuma the Butcher XD
Another thing is that Kakuzu seems to be simple and brutal force when he goes berserk... that may explain why we've just seen hidan with body injuries, and never cut arms...
well, my one cent ;)

mangadictus
September 08, 2006, 07:12 AM
Well... hidan seems to have a really incredible healing ability.
But what happens if one of his member is cut ? It's not sure that it will be healed back... I think that's here that the Asuma's extremely cutting knives will be useful ^^ Cutting legs and arms from Hidan, and he won't be a threat anymore... think of it, Asuma the Butcher XD
Another thing is that Kakuzu seems to be simple and brutal force when he goes berserk... that may explain why we've just seen hidan with body injuries, and never cut arms...
well, my one cent ;)

Yeah. Now that you mentioned it, Kakuzu might have his own i-went-kyuubi-mode-and-lost-my-senses-due-to-rage thing and Hidan takes all of it by himself. Another thing though. Hidan might have regeneration abilities but goes at a very fast rate, maybe ten fold of that Tsunade.

jester065
September 08, 2006, 07:22 AM
Well no one really knows what Hidan ability is but incredible healing is a start but i hope soon within 3 to 4 chapters we get to see just what it is or even 1 to 2 :p... but i think thats wishful thinking :oh

Torofoo
September 08, 2006, 07:29 AM
Yeah. Now that you mentioned it, Kakuzu might have his own i-went-kyuubi-mode-and-lost-my-senses-due-to-rage thing and Hidan takes all of it by himself. Another thing though. Hidan might have regeneration abilities but goes at a very fast rate, maybe ten fold of that Tsunade.

I've thought about it, but it seems a bit too powerful to me...
In Tsunade's case, it's a new developped justu (maybe forbidden?), that is very powerful, but has a really big effect (getting back to real age, and so), and most of it, requires an enormous quantity of chakra (all the chakra gathered during a loooooong time in her forehead spot).
So making Hidan having this ability, even more efficient... :(
But I'm sure Asuma will have to cut everything on Hidan (remember, Deidara without his 2 arms is still a threat !!)

bax
September 08, 2006, 07:33 AM
Hidan can't be killed, that's for sure. But then, if we're to look at this without complexity and associate the Hidan character with other common you-just-cant-kill-me-cuz-im-immortal kind of thingy, I think Hidan has some weakpoints.

No, he can be killed, just like Oro. The question is, how do you kill him. It's normal that everyone has their own weakpoints.

In Tsunade's case, it's a new developped justu (maybe forbidden?), that is very powerful, but has a really big effect (getting back to real age, and so), and most of it, requires an enormous quantity of chakra (all the chakra gathered during a loooooong time in her forehead spot).

Maybe Hidan is the medic ninja in Akatsuki. Who knows?

mangadictus
September 08, 2006, 07:39 AM
No, he can be killed, just like Oro. The question is, how do you kill him. It's normal that everyone has their own weakpoints.

Maybe Hidan is the medic ninja in Akatsuki. Who knows?

Quite possible. But i'd still stick with the Hidan-regeneration thing. Maybe he was really born of it. You don't get to be in Akatsuki for nothing. Maybe Akatsuki saw this as a really good ability, making him a Tank or something of that sort. Yeah, that's true. Who knows.

Torofoo
September 08, 2006, 07:57 AM
Quite possible. But i'd still stick with the Hidan-regeneration thing. Maybe he was really born of it. You don't get to be in Akatsuki for nothing. Maybe Akatsuki saw this as a really good ability, making him a Tank or something of that sort. Yeah, that's true. Who knows.

Well... Hidan is a tank, and Kakuzu... is a TANK !!!!
Hope this Akatsuki team is something else than that !!!!
But since we've not seen them in combat yet, i'm quite confident in Kishi to surprise us... again ^^

mangadictus
September 08, 2006, 08:03 AM
Well... Hidan is a tank, and Kakuzu... is a TANK !!!!
Hope this Akatsuki team is something else than that !!!!
But since we've not seen them in combat yet, i'm quite confident in Kishi to surprise us... again ^^

Kishi always does that. Twisting things and all that. Hope we get to see the other teams in action. I'd say we'll see Neji in action, doing some kick@$$ Juuken moves that we've never seen before. And then we get back to Naruto who does a slight improvement with his training. I think the training will have ups and downs when it comes to improvement. Naruto learned the leaf and waterfall cutting quite FAST so we could expect that this current training will drag a little. Like I said, Kishi knows best. :)

bloodrage
September 08, 2006, 09:42 AM
i think they should cut off his head, i don't see how he would regenerate that. unless he is cell from dbz, and can come back even if he has a single cell left.

bapti
September 08, 2006, 09:44 AM
This seems like an obvious set up, have a seemingly unbeatable opponent and have him fight a brilliant strategist but relatively weak opponent. The first few rounds will go to Ataksuki (next 1 or 2 chapters) while Shikamiru will gather information on the opponents. Then when all seems lost his master plan will be revealed in the 3rd chapter and they'll manage to Kill Hidan.

Kazuku will escape and he'll end up fighting with Naruto soon. We won't ever see naruto master the completed jutsu in training but he'll end up using it on Kazuku and annihilate him in one strike to show it's ultimate power.

That's what I reckon.

mangadictus
September 08, 2006, 09:48 AM
This seems like an obvious set up, have a seemingly unbeatable opponent and have him fight a brilliant strategist but relatively weak opponent. The first few rounds will go to Ataksuki (next 1 or 2 chapters) while Shikamiru will gather information on the opponents. Then when all seems lost his master plan will be revealed in the 3rd chapter and they'll manage to Kill Hidan.

Kazuku will escape and he'll end up fighting with Naruto soon. We won't ever see naruto master the completed jutsu in training but he'll end up using it on Kazuku and annihilate him in one strike to show it's ultimate power.

That's what I reckon.

Killing Hidan looks hardly to be true as what chapter 322 suggests. I think the next one will focus more on Hidan's ability.

bapti
September 08, 2006, 10:18 AM
I think Hidan will die for real within 4-5 chapters max.

zetsuie
September 08, 2006, 10:53 AM
i think in the end both akatsuki members will manage to escape im gonna guess the reason they flee is because the other ninja teams arrive

Toda350Z
September 08, 2006, 11:21 AM
I believe next chapter we will see Naruto debating on what to try next, maybe a conversation with Kyubi, to keep it from appearing and hindering his training.
I also think we will see Hidan's past and why he keeps coming back, also maybe Kakashi will have teleport him to another dimension.. in a couple of chapters ;).
I wanna see Shikamaru beat down those Akatsuki guys.[br][

makumbaum
September 08, 2006, 12:14 PM
I think that Hidan will beat everyone and only Chikamaru and Asuma will fight with him. But when Hidan's partner arrives, they'll need to abandon the mission cause they aren't leveled enought to fight with the 2 members of Akatsuki.

About Rasengan, I think Kakashi will temporaly abadon the chakra mix quest and teach Naruto how to change the form of Rasengan. In my opinion, to make a disc or something like this. Maybe Naruto could have some elemental chakra training too - that will culminate on discovering his second elemental control. His training was too fast - I don't believe his gonna master elemental chakra control without lern any wind jutsu. Kyubii could give some help to Naruto too. The final part of training, maybe will be Kakashi leting Naruto uses Kyubii to accelate training - Jiraya could show his face to help too! Kakashi will teach Naruto how to fight increasing his moviment speed too - like Sasuke -, cause wind element is the best chakra to individuals combat.

My opinion about rasengan's end is that Naruto will perform high speed movements with something like a disc in his hand. And the final move will be something like a wind-disc-throw. The final parts of training will be omited and Naruto will only appears to fight with 2 Akatsuki's members when their invade Konoha searching for our hero. We only will know his ultimate jutsu during this battle.
Something like "kaze kage bushin" could appears. I don't believe taht Narut will lern only one jutsu. He probably will have one that uses hand seals - like "kage bushin", an ultimate "kaze rasengan", and a secret jutsu to beat Sasuke - that he will only perform at least instance cause this dangerous jutsu could kill his friend.

About conexion between Naruto and Yodaime, I think that Naruto could be Yodaime's son or the proper Yodaime. Maybe Yodaime used his jutsu to conjurate Kyubii in his own body and die. But during this, Sandaime saves his life transforming him in a child - I've never read something about Naruto's mother or father. I think Jiraya is Yodaime's uncle.

mars0103
September 08, 2006, 12:20 PM
that was uneventful really

but but there is more that meets the eye in the last scene but i cant put my eye on it

Coven
September 08, 2006, 12:54 PM
It sucks because it could go either way. The manga style would indicate the akatsuki member lives from the attack because Kishi would not have inserted a 3 page explanation on how he never dies, but I think it would be humerous if he was dead.

K3v1N
September 08, 2006, 12:59 PM
I think that Naruto could be Yodaime's son or the proper Yodaime. Maybe Yodaime used his jutsu to conjurate Kyubii in his own body and die. But during this, Sandaime saves his life transforming him in a child

I've considered that too. Sort of like the ending to Shadow of the Colossus, if anyone has played that game. Naruto wasn't chosen at random to be the host to the Kyuubi. Perhaps he really is Yondaime's son...the 4th knew his son would be able to handle massive amounts of chakra.

kyubisharingan
September 08, 2006, 01:55 PM
Ok here is the deal, Naruto and his sensei(reffering to 2 of them) r going to keep training, then a t the very end of the chapter Naruto will be SO close to fusing the Nature chakra with hos rasengen. Meanwhile asuma and them r fighting Hidan, then Kakuzu comes and things get interesting. BUT before anything can happen the rest of the Nojyuu Shodai come DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and wats goin on with MH? its been offline for a while lately. I was so scared i couldnt get chapter 322 but then i got it form Narutofan. Srry for the off topic

bax
September 08, 2006, 02:58 PM
If it were that easy, Kakuzu would have already killed him. Hidan is going to be a real pain in the ass to kill, and if Kakuzu is stronger then him, Konoha is in trouble.

A simple question - If you have a secret that makes you immortal, would you tell that to anyone?

I think that Naruto could be Yodaime's son or the proper Yodaime. Maybe Yodaime used his jutsu to conjurate Kyubii in his own body and die. But during this, Sandaime saves his life transforming him in a child

Now you're talking like Naruto would be another DBZ turning into DBGT.... I believe it will not happened

kyubisharingan
September 08, 2006, 03:08 PM
Maybe Hidan's immortality comes from his religion? there is something about his religion about killing*cant remember wat it was* and i guess in return he has immortality

neomaster121
September 08, 2006, 03:19 PM
i think it's a jutsu or a seal witch salows him to not die from attacks.

bax
September 08, 2006, 03:24 PM
i think it's a jutsu or a seal witch salows him to not die from attacks.

If that's the case, he's full of Chakra then. To maintain a jutsu like that all the time means he is continuing feeding his Chakra for the jutsu. I don't believe it would be it but I'm not ruling it out.

kyubisharingan
September 08, 2006, 03:26 PM
or maybe it that necklace he wears???

PredatorNar
September 08, 2006, 03:38 PM
Okay, this is how it will go down. Remember my post because it will last!

1. They will see Hidan doesn't die from their initial attack (Personally, Hidan reminds me of a Grim Reaper with the scythe and it is possible that he's reached "nirvana" from his religion or some sh*t. Either way, killing him will become a difficult task)

2. Although his demise will be tough, Team Asuma WILL kill Hidan, but with casualties obviously (The two chuunins with the swords will probably die but who cares anyway)

3. Kakuzu will take one of the following actions:
a. He will see the demise of Hidan from the shadows (I'm not sure if Team Asuma knows Kakuzu is around), say something like "good riddance" and just leave.
b. He will see a fight and since he hasn't had a good fight in a long time ("These guys were able to kill Hidan? Hmm, I finally have some competition"). He will go insane, Asuma will protect Shikamaru and in his dying words he'll probably say he hopes Kurenai and his unborn child will be taken care of or some sh*t.

4. Naruto will take one of the following routes:
a. At the end of the next chapter, he or Kakashi will realize and possible solution but obviously it will be a cliffhanger and the next time we see Kakashi and Naruto is in battle.
b. Naruto's 5th tail will be revealed.

5. Maybe we can finally get some idea on Tobi's fighting style!!!!!

kyubisharingan
September 08, 2006, 04:23 PM
interesting dude

Xenos
September 08, 2006, 04:29 PM
BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!!! lol... If they are smart shikamaru will keep holding him and they will eventuly figure out to chop off his head ^^. But if Kakuzu comes out before.. they are realy done for.

zetsuie
September 08, 2006, 04:42 PM
i hope we get to see the kyuubi
*chants* "kyuubi kyuubi kyuubi kyuubi"

Nismospek
September 08, 2006, 04:50 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that each person Hidan kills is stabbed. I think Hindan uses some hypnotize jitsu
where he sacrifices himself ((poss by stabbing himself)) and in return his opponent gets stabbed.

zetsuie
September 08, 2006, 05:05 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that each person Hidan kills is stabbed. I think Hindan uses some hypnotize jitsu
where he sacrifices himself ((poss by stabbing himself)) and in return his opponent gets stabbed.
hasnt he only fought like one person so far

makumbaum
September 08, 2006, 05:09 PM
I think that team Asuma will fail. If they win this battle, then it's gonna leave a look that fight with Akatsuki can be a possible task. I think that the manga will leave another one, like Kakashi or Gai, to kill one member from Akatsuki. Chikamaru definitly will not kill them.

In this case I think that only one member will fight. Hidan will kill two of them, and Kakuzu will arrives. Hindan stops fighting because are injuried and Kakuzu wanna fight. Fighting with Asuma and Chikamaru, Kakuzu gets serious injuries and became crazy - trying to kill everybody. During this moment, he attacks Hidan. Asuma and Chikamaru have a chance to escape and return to Konoha with serious injuries. At Konoha, Kakashi and Naruto will visit them and Naruto became furious and determinated to fight agaisnt Akatsuki to avenge his friend Chikamaru. Kakashi is gonna start a more intensive training with Naruto with some new helps - Jiraya and Gai (or someone else that have taijutsu as master ability).

I think Hidan's immortality is caused for something like a seal in his body or for an ability of a high rate regeneration. And about blood that appears in last scene... Wasn't clair that the blood in Hidan's face was his own blood - even whe was said that he was backstabed... That blood could be from one guy that tries to stab him.

And the reason that I think Naruto could be son or the proper Yodaime is that Yodaime would've not leave this great responsability and sad fate to another clan.

Nismospek
September 08, 2006, 05:17 PM
hm. maybe im getting it confused with another akatsuki fight.

PredatorNar
September 08, 2006, 05:32 PM
I think that team Asuma will fail. If they win this battle, then it's gonna leave a look that fight with Akatsuki can be a possible task.

Obviously it's possible. Remember a certain someone named Sasori? Sakura of all people was used to kill him. I mean, I used to think puppets were gay and weak when Kankurou was using them, but when Sasori used them, I think everyone's respect for Puppet Ninjutsu rose. And then Sakura of all people kills him (Yes with help of an aging ninja). And when you think how Deidara is supposedly weaker than Sasori and how he got his ass kicked by Naruto and Kakashi (It's kinda crappy that Deidara has like one kind of attack and can actually RUN OUT OF AMMO). Those two fights makes the idea of team Asuma beating Hidan very believable. I think everytime an Akatsuki member dies, it will take a team to do it and there will be at least one casualty in that team.

So far:
Member: Sasori
Team that beats him: Sakura and Old Lady (Her name escapes me at the moment)
Casualty: The old lady (Even though it wasn't Sasori would directly killed her, it was still a casualty in battle with Akatsuki.

The two chuunins will be the casualty and Asuma will be severely injured protecting Shikamaru, imho.

Also, where is the 2-tails at this time?

Sidenote: I'd just like to say that Akatsuki is the best villian group of any anime. I mean each character is just like a normal person. Some have a sense of humour, they fool around. Even though all are extremely powerful they never take on that "I'm dark, deadly, and I don't talk much so don't f*ck with me" persona that so many anime villians have.

Deidara doing that immature fight with Tobi and Hidan and Kakuzu arguing. Now, that's what I want to see :)

************************************************************************************
EDIT
************************************************************************************
Also, my take on Hidan is that his powers have a lot to do with his religion (Otherwise why would Kishi make him into a religious guy?). You know how people in certain religions strive to reach "nirvana" or enlightenment? Maybe Hidan has reached that point in his religion and his has deity-like powers (However, in his religion it may have some downsides).

Also, on another side note. I know these arguements have been done before, but I think Kisame and Orochimaru are the offspring of Jinriichki (or however you spell it).

Orochimaru is the offspring of the vessel who contained the 8-tails at one point and thus inherited the ability to wield the Kusanagi (I'm bad at spelling).

My prediction on Kisame is that he was initially the offspring of the vessel who contained the 3-tails (Which is why is inherited the ability to wield the Samehada), but the vessel could not fully control the 3-tails inside himself/herself, so the 3-tails broke out, killing Kisame's mother/father (Which might have happened to Orochimaru too but I am not sure. This could of been one reason why the leader of Akatsuki used to convince Kisame and Orochimaru of joining to avenge their parents death and take revenge of those damn tailed beasts :P)

Anyway, I'm still mostly interested in seeing Tobi's fighting style so we can finally settle the Tobi = Obito arguement.

kyubisharingan
September 08, 2006, 05:56 PM
u gotta a point. Sakura of all ppl killed an akatsuki member, who'da thunk!? So with that, i Think Asuma's team will definatly win...but have some SERIOUS injuries. Or maybe Asuma's cell, Ino and Choji, will come to help....i dunno

zetsuie
September 08, 2006, 07:21 PM
maybe asuma will go crazy and show us some weird wind jutsu

K3v1N
September 08, 2006, 08:43 PM
Wasn't it Chiyo who killed Sasori?

photaibo
September 08, 2006, 09:47 PM
u gotta a point. Sakura of all ppl killed an akatsuki member, who'da thunk!? So with that, i Think Asuma's team will definatly win...but have some SERIOUS injuries. Or maybe Asuma's cell, Ino and Choji, will come to help....i dunno

..one member in a previous prediction thread said it once, and I'll just repeat it with my own words:
Chiyo with Sakura were the worst case opponent to Sasori: Chiyo(a top member of the sand), who taught Sasori the puppeteering skills could fight almost evenly with Sasori, while Sakura has medical knowledge to even his poison( and the will to win).

And I totally agree with him saying this.
Don't suggest Akatsuki members are weak just because the don't look that good against their worst possible opponents..

midnight789
September 08, 2006, 10:01 PM
..one member in a previous prediction thread said it once, and I'll just repeat it with my own words:
Chiyo with Sakura were the worst case opponent to Sasori: Chiyo(a top member of the sand), who taught Sasori the puppeteering skills could fight almost evenly with Sasori, while Sakura has medical knowledge to even his poison( and the will to win).

Don't suggest Akatsuki members are weak just because the don't look that good against their worst possible opponents..

I agree with that completely, but i think the main point some posters are trying to make isn't about them looking weak or strong, it's that the akatsuki are beatable under the right circumstances. I personally think that the next few chapters are gonna show some really sweet fight scenes, with akatsuki ultimitely winning, though they will probably take one of the two down with them. All the chapters recently have been foreshadowing upcoming catastrophe's and deaths *cough*asuma*cough* so some bad stuff is bound to happen. Specifically I predict Shikamaru being the only one to come back alive from team Asuma, but i do think team Asuma will take out Kakuzu before they go down (this is just personal preference as i like hidan better than kakuzu :smile-big) As for naruto's training..................it won't be done in time to save Asuma.

mugen
September 09, 2006, 01:12 AM
Hidan beats up asuma and his group. then asuma has a one on one fight with Hidan showing some cool new wind jutsu I hope. As for Naruto he talks with the kyuubi about you know who (Sasuke) or just talks to kyuubi. Saying he does'nt need kyuubi anymore

bax
September 09, 2006, 03:14 AM

True. It's just like when you're playing rock-paper-scissors. You may be stronger than most people, but there are certain people that you'll lose your advantage against them. Put Itachi's case for example. Oro fears Itachi, Itachi somewhat thinks twice against Jiraiya but Oro don't have any hesitation at all against Jiraiya.

lucky
September 09, 2006, 04:03 AM

I think this may have been me [322 predictions], though im sure others have put this argument forward before as well.

Okay, so lets talk about sakura and chiyo ["old lady"] fighting sasori. To begin with, chiyo was sasoris sensei and master at one stage, and taught him a large part of what he knew. Obviously, that meant that she was both almost on-par with him in terms of skill and had a lot of knowledge about him. Sakura could destroy sasori's puppets in one hit and could cure his poison. Together, sakura and chiyo were sasoris ultimate bad matchup - which you gracefully overlooked.

Furthermore, it was heavily hinted that sasori intentionally didnt dodge chiyo's last attack, committing suicide. That casts doubt on whether sakura and chiyo would have actually won had sasori not 'given up' as it were. Lastly, you failed to recognise that it was a 2v1 battle.

Also, you have overlooked the aspect of fighter compatability - the fact that certain types of ninja are more effective against certain other types.

It would be analagous to the concept behind slug>snake>toad>slug [or scissors>paper>rock>scissors for those unfamiliar with that idea] which the three legendary sannin symbolise. It simply isnt logical to present an argument like "slug>snake & snake>toad therefore slug>toad" because we know toad>slug!

From what we've seem so far, most of the akatsuki are fairly specialised.

True. It's just like when you're playing rock-paper-scissors. You may be stronger than most people, but there are certain people that you'll lose your advantage against them.

Exactly. It seems that each akatsuki member would be really strong in most circumstances but does have a bad matchup or incompatability with certain foes.

Our problem [or kishi's mastery] is that, until we see them fight or know a fair bit about them, we dont know what these weaknesses are, and consequently can predict very little with any certainty about how a fight involving akatsuki will turn out.

From the evidence so far it appears that hidan has a more of an out-lasting fighting style - Meaning, for those that cant figure out how to kill him he will simply keep going until they lose or give up in whatever fashion, as nothing they can do will ever beat him. Kakuzu seems [im guessing here] to be the opposite of this, high attacking strategy to quickly overpower the enemy. For this reason, hidan and kakuzu make a good match.

This also highlights the 'paired' aspect of the akatsuki - it is most likely they complement each others weaknesses. It would therefore be obvious that fighting an akatsuki pair would be vastly more difficult than a single akatsuki member.

Given that Asuma&Co are only fighting Hidan at the moment, it will be much easier for them [i cant say much more than that]. I speculate that they will have the upper hand during this time, if it only means that they are not getting their arses kicked. However, when kakuzu returns, things will become very troublesome very fast.

Sidenote: I'd just like to say that Akatsuki is the best villian group of any anime. I mean each character is just like a normal person. Some have a sense of humour, they fool around. Even though all are extremely powerful they never take on that "I'm dark, deadly, and I don't talk much so don't f*ck with me" persona that so many anime villians have.

Deidara doing that immature fight with Tobi and Hidan and Kakuzu arguing. Now, that's what I want to see :)

truth++;
I couldnt agree more.

Also, on another side note. I know these arguements have been done before, but I think Kisame and Orochimaru are the offspring of Jinriichki (or however you spell it).

Orochimaru is the offspring of the vessel who contained the 8-tails at one point and thus inherited the ability to wield the Kusanagi (I'm bad at spelling).

My prediction on Kisame is that he was initially the offspring of the vessel who contained the 3-tails (Which is why is inherited the ability to wield the Samehada), but the vessel could not fully control the 3-tails inside himself/herself, so the 3-tails broke out, killing Kisame's mother/father (Which might have happened to Orochimaru too but I am not sure. This could of been one reason why the leader of Akatsuki used to convince Kisame and Orochimaru of joining to avenge their parents death and take revenge of those damn tailed beasts :P)

Highly plausable... I've always been wanting an explanation for their appearance/natures. They're both so heavily linked via their mythology that i just hope it's not a coincidence.

Anyway, I'm still mostly interested in seeing Tobi's fighting style so we can finally settle the Tobi = Obito arguement.

Me too.

bax
September 09, 2006, 04:33 AM
This also highlights the 'paired' aspect of the akatsuki - it is most likely they complement each others weaknesses. It would therefore be obvious that fighting an akatsuki pair would be vastly more difficult than a single akatsuki member.

True. So, if this is correct, then the prediction of Kakuzu will get pissed off when seeing Hidan being "overwhelmed" is not farfetched. A little off topic, I agree that the pairings is made to cover their weaknesses. In Itachi-Kisame, Itachi posses ninjutsu-genjutsu uber type but lacks manpower and chakra thus, Kisame has what he needs, raw power and a lot of chakra. The same goes for Sasori-Deidara. If Deidara is a blunt-bomb type, then Sasori is a pierce-poison type.

jester065
September 09, 2006, 05:45 AM
Well after thinking about what Kakuzu said about him not being able to kill him. It makes me think thats its not going to be so easy to kill him or that asuma's team is really at an advantage right now. Plus its not going to be as simple as cutting his head off because I'm sure Kakuzu can do that himself. So this fight i think Shikamaru going show case his skillz atleast his intellect and hopefully a new move. I don't see Hidan dying in this fight tho. I think this fight is more to show how strong akatsuki really is.

Sasori and Sakura & Chiyo fight is not a fight you can really get a feel for just what lvl Akatsuki are at right now. Plus the ending Chiyo seems to see the fact that Sasori just kind of gave in to her final attack and not trying to simply avoid it. Thats what i take from her comments at the of it atleast, but i think Chiyo is like the Sannin lvl when it comes to puppets and Sakura just added enough healing and str to the fight to change the outcome in there favor. Also it seems like it took alot for Sasori alot to get in Akatsuki.

But i would like to see more Tobi in a few chapters.. like 4 or 5 because i feel he is stronger than what he leads everyone to believe.

PredatorNar
September 09, 2006, 06:44 AM

I agree with this when you put it that way. The thing is now that for each Akatsuki member, we need a fighter who is around or equal to the fighting style or power of each member like Chiyo was to Sasori.

If Kakuzu is the explosive and quick killing type, I think Naruto would be the perfect person to take him down. Naruto and basically anyone else can probably take Kakuzu down.

As for Hidan, I personally think the perfect match to take him down may be Shino + Neji. I think Hidan will have certain part of his body that are vulnerable. Neji Byukagen is perfect to find out exactly how Hidan's body works and Shino can probably find out more information with his bugs. And if it has anything to do with Hidan's chakra flow, then Neji and Shino are the perfect team to stop that :) (Shino has his bugs which can infiltrate Hidan's body and Neji has the soft fist technique)

Also I really want to see Neji fight again. I really think he can take down one Akatsuki member by himself. His fighting style was like flawless as a genin and I'm betting his path to becoming a jounin, he has worked on making up for his weakness (His blindspot)

As for Deidara, I still think Kakashi will be the one to take him down. Kakashi has everything he needs to deal with Deidara as far as I can see.

I think Yamato will have a hand is defeating Zetsu. I know we don't know much about Zetsu's powers but I still have a feeling it has to do with the earth or grass or something. As since Yamato is a wood-specialist, I think they will be about even with Yamato gaining some help from like Gaara or something.

I'll get back to Tobi when we actually find out about him. If he IS Obito, then Kakashi will have a hand in beating him. If not, it's up in the air.

Also a sidenote.

Before Orochimaru quit Akatsuki, before Sasori died and before Tobi came, I'm guessing the pairings were like this:

-The two last unknown Akatsuki members with each other.
-Hidan & Kakuzu
-Sasori & Orochimaru
-Itachi & Kisame
-So were Deidara and Zetsu initially paired with each other?

I'm guessing it went like this: Orochimaru left so Sasori was like "Hey no fair! How come I don't have a partner? That homosexual snake! Waaaaahhhhh! I'm gonna go play with my dolls now :("

Zetsu got tired of the whining so he gave Deidara to him as a partner and said something like: "Meh, I can work alone. I have enough trouble arguing with my other side. With Deidara around I am always trying to figure out if it's a guy or girl. If it's a guy then I guess when I was hitting on him then....AHHHHH!"

Deidara: "..."

Another sidenote: I only saw 1 picture of Kakuzu in color but I don't know if it's the right color. Is Kakuzu black?

Also my personal thinking -
Zetsu: Plant
Hidan: Grim Reaper/Zombie
Kakuzu: Thief
Tobi: Robot/Cyborg (Possibly)
Kisame: Shark
Deidara: Transvestite
Itachi: I'm not sure how to characterize him
Orochimaru: Snake
Sasori: Doll (Well since he's a boy, I guess it would be Action Figure instead. He's an Action FIgure which amazing parts that can come apart and go back together. Poison sold seperately)

That's just my speculation :P

razor
September 09, 2006, 07:01 AM
My Short Prediction:-
1.From 4 people of Asuma team,at least 1 will definitely die.
2.Kakuzu will stop Hidan from continue fighting with them or else(Hidan stop Kakuzu).
3.Naruto still can't manage to perfect the jutsu.

jester065
September 09, 2006, 07:11 AM
mmm Sorry I don't think Neji can take an akatsuki member by himself. Neji is a jounin right now but that doesn't mean he is elite jounin as of yet and he was around chuunin lvl at the exam and he is fighting gennin. Anyway fighting a Sannin lvl guy is a whole new ball park.

An like I posted before Deidra fought Gaara and had no to little clay to fight back agains't Kakashi and Naruto.. atleast not enough to do more than a few bombs or fly away. So to say Kakashi can win is pushing it because we still don't know how strong he is. Plus these guys are around Jiraiya's lvl and just because Kakashi got ms doesn't put him up there. I know ms is powerful but like Itachi said it tries him out and Kakashi does take a while to use it. Besides trying to capture someone and killing someone is different, so Diedra would take a different approach to a fight with kakashi 1v1. I look at it this its going to take someone who was Sannin lvl or close to it and 1 to 2 elite chuunin or jounin to take out an Akatsuki member.

PredatorNar
September 09, 2006, 08:16 AM
mmm Sorry I don't think Neji can take an akatsuki member by himself. Neji is a jounin right now but that doesn't mean he is elite jounin as of yet and he was around chuunin lvl at the exam and he is fighting gennin. Anyway fighting a Sannin lvl guy is a whole new ball park.

An like I posted before Deidra fought Gaara and had no to little clay to fight back agains't Kakashi and Naruto.. atleast not enough to do more than a few bombs or fly away. So to say Kakashi can win is pushing it because we still don't know how strong he is. Plus these guys are around Jiraiya's lvl and just because Kakashi got ms doesn't put him up there. I know ms is powerful but like Itachi said it tries him out and Kakashi does take a while to use it. Besides trying to capture someone and killing someone is different, so Diedra would take a different approach to a fight with kakashi 1v1. I look at it this its going to take someone who was Sannin lvl or close to it and 1 to 2 elite chuunin or jounin to take out an Akatsuki member.

Look, Neji is very similiar to Sasuke in strength as a Genin. I know Sasuke has had higher training with Orochimaru since then, but Neji was almost a perfect fighting machine when he was a Genin (in terms of his techniques). Now if he was honing his skills and trying to eliminate his weakness since then (Through him becoming a chuunin and then Jounin), then he would he a friggin force. Also, Neji wasn't around "Chuunin level" at the Chuunin exam. He was just a strong Genin. I don't really think there is a "Chuunin level" of strength. I think there is an intelligence level that makes you a Chuunin (Think Shikamaru) and then there is a strength level PLUS an intelligence level that makes you become a jounin. Now, as a Genin, the Jounins and Hokage said that Naruto and Neji didn't have the intelligence I guess to become a chuunin because they didn't know when to quit. If Neji has acquired this knowledge in addition to his added strength and skill (He was already VERY good at a Genin), then he is definitely a force.

In the Gaara vs Deidara fight, I remember Gaara having the upper hand most of the time but Deidara became cheesy, attacking the Sand village and Gaara tried to protect the village with a huge sand shield, which distracted him. I doubt if Gaara and Deidara fought in an open field that Deidara would have been able to take Gaara down.

Also, it's pretty safe to say that Kakashi is probably the strongest Jounin in the leaf and you can never take his strength lightly (Which makes me like Kabuto so much because he is regarded as Kakashi's equal even though he ACTS as if he isn't that strong).

Finally, I don't regard all Akatsuki members as Sannin level. I think some are there, some may be stronger, and some weaker than that level. Deidara is definitely weaker than Sannin level because his skills are limited to one type of attack while all of the strong ninjas usually have multiple types of jutsu or a jutsu that can vary in form. Deidara is basically bomb, bigger bomb, huge bomb, and self bomb. That's it. Once someone finds out the weakness of clay bombs, Deidara is done for (Also, it doesn't seem Deidara is good with Taijutsu or Genjutsu). I have a good feeling that Deidara will not survive his next encounter with the Leaf. Don't you think Team Kakashi and Team Gai have some idea of how to counter those bombs? They've seem him in action and had plenty of time to analyze it.

Team Gai:
-Gai and Lee are too quick for those bombs to do much to them and they can basically beat the crap out of Deidara. But I think Kakashi will be needed to dispose of Deidara's self-destruct button.
-Neji: If Neji gets close to Deidara, then he can probably prevent that self-destruct button by stopping Deidara's chakra flow, which makes Deidara into a piece of garbage at that point. Also Neji's holy barrier can protect him from the bombs.
-TenTen: Meh. I never liked her. This is probably the only member of Team Gai which Deidara can beat.

Team Kakashi:
-Kakashi: Chidori or Kakashi's altered MS seems to be enough to beat Deidara. But Kakashi still needs to dodge the bombs and catch Deidara. Maybe those dogs can come back to hold Deidara down :)
-Naruto: Yea, uhm, Naruto would eat Deidara alive.
-Sakura: I'm not sure if she can beat Deidara by herself but she has a better chance at it than Tenten.
-**Sasuke**: I really think Sasuke would beat Deidara without breaking a sweat.

One more thing. You probably are overrating some of these Akatsuki members. Also, just because some ninjas are still officially chuunin, genin, or jounin doesn't mean they have the power to beat someone at Sannin level. Naruto definitely has the potential to kill Jiraiya (Probably easily with the Kyuubi but even without the Kyuubi, Naruto still has the potential because of his excess stamina).

Oh yea, someone said something in that rock>scissors>paper thing about Itachi>Ororchimaru>Jiraiya>Itachi. I don't really think Orochimaru is better than Jiraiya. THey are probably on the same level but Orochimaru thinks Jiraiya isn't a match (or at least acts that way) because Jiraiya is a goof. Just like how Sasuke (Although he knew Naruto was around the same level) acted as if Naruto wasn't a match because Naruto is a goof. I don't exactly believe Itachi fears Jiraiya. I just believe Itachi wanted to kidnap Naruto as smooth as possible, because at that time, they were instructed to take Naruto but they didn't need him for 3 years so Itachi probably wanted to just get the job done without any trouble. Because Jiraiya showed, he retreated because he didn't want to risk any injury when it wasn't necessary to get Naruto at that time. Also, he was a bit tired from using MS on Sasuke. When time comes that Naruto is needed ASAP, I doubt Itachi will retreat.

Oh yea, I wanted to know something. Were Hidan and Kakuzu actually trying to infiltrate Konoha or was Kakuzu just looking for money while Hidan was tagging along. I'm not sure if they planned to infiltrate Konoha. I mean look at Hidan's reaction when Team Asuma attacked him. It's obvious they were Leaf ninjas because of their headband, but he was still like "WtF? Why are you attacking me? I'm just relaxing here doing nothing". If he was planning to invade Konoha, he would of known they would attack him as he got closer. Anyway, I'm still waiting for Kisame and Itachi to re-enter the mix and where exactly is the two-tails at this time? I mean, neither Kakuzu nor Hidan is carrying her.

neomaster121
September 09, 2006, 08:43 AM
yeah true some people of the akatsuki are at an high level and some a lower

makumbaum
September 09, 2006, 08:51 AM
If the manga shows Team Asuma beating Hidan and Kakuzu now, then the rest of village will not get worried! It will not affect Naruto's training...
That's why I think that Asusma's team will taste a great lost now, and will loose the fight.

And I don't think Itachi didn't have fight Jiraya beacuse he's weak against him or somethig else. I think that's because it wasn't time to that. If the author have shown Itachi's power that time, the curious taste about Itachi could be wasted. Therefore, author let a new terrific jutsu perfected by him - that black fire jutsu.

And I don't think Orochimaru have no fear to fight Jiraya cause it's kinda jyunken-po... That's why they're friends and know each other well. And... Believe... In that scene, at least the anime, let explicit that Orochimaru is stronger than Jiraya. I think this happened because author is gonna suprise us when they fight again.

And... Look at the facts... Jiraya fights with Orochimaru... Naruto fights with Sasuke... But Sasuke is being trained by Orochimaru; Naruto, by Jiraya; and Sakura, by Tsunade. It seems that's a lot of coincidences here! It's like a full circle!

And take a look at their methods... Sasuke is a kind of character that always uses power. Naruto solves his problems with criativity and Sakura always search for a peacefull way. Their masters look the same! Orochimaru (by the way, Oroch means demon in japanese) search for more power. Jiraya have some kind of strange jutsus. Tsunade is a medical-ninja. Looking by this way... Junken-po could be possible... Intelligence (stone) wins against power (scisor), and loose to money (paper) - power < intelligence < money < power. That's what's junken-po means. But I don't think that's the real purpose of the manga. Maybe, the real aim is to show that the guts can overcome all of them! That's why Naruto is kind of dumb, but he's creativity. This factor, maybe, is what the author uses to suprise and make us not able to predict what's gonna happen in a near future - specially Naruto's way. And that's why he puts one victory for Sasuke against Naruto - the same to Orochmaru and Jiraya. We will be surprised by a fight of them!!!

Anyway... I think that Naruto will complete Rasengan in a criativity way, like he always do. But first he will master to cast rasenga with only one hand. Now he will taste a loss or anger from some friend, or member of village, to became more determinated to train in a hard way. At this time Jiraya will show his face and discover the Kage Bushin's thaining - it will give him some new ideas to train Naruto.

About Neji, I think he's one of the strongest character in manga. And he's being trained for the leader of Hyuuga clan. And he's very intelligent. I think in a near future, manga will show us his power. Maybe the perfect match awaits: Byakugan X Sharingan. Probably will happen when Orochimaru atacks the village again. I think the perfect chance of its happen is when Akatsuki tries to control Kyuubi... By oder way, Orochimaru fear Akatsuki and wants that Naruto finish them all. This let us in doubt about who is the main enemy of Naruto - Orochimaru or Akatsuki?

Another fact that gets my attention when I saw... When Sasuke entered in Naruto's mind at their last meet, he saw Kyuubi. Something about another Uchiha member's were talked. Could this Uchiha be the leader of Akatsuki? Does Itachi knows this guy? Did this guy fight against Kyuubi? Or he was Kyuubi's friend? If has another Sharingan user in the manga, it will make things get hot on the future... Specially if Sasuke finds this guy before Itachi knows about his existence! And... If Sasuke can see Kyuubi throught Naruto, it gives to Sharingan a great chance to controll the Tailed Monsters! Maybe Akatsuki's members were being used to some individual big purpose that we, at this moment, don't know and even not imagine...

neomaster121
September 09, 2006, 09:05 AM
true and if naruto sasuke and sakura all have the abilities to surpass their teachers then maybe sasuke is planning to ditch oro

PredatorNar
September 09, 2006, 09:18 AM
Also, I believe the requirements to becoming an Akatsuki member is being an S-Class criminal and probably they test you to see how far you will go to achieve the goal (Not necessarily if you're evil or not). I'm guessing Itachi killing his whole clan was his test to see if he had the balls.

Itachi killing his whole clan can be seen as him being very evil, but it could als be seen as Akatsuki testing him to see how far he would go to achieve his goal. In addition, Akatsuki probably wants ninjas who are strong or fairly strong who have nothing to lose but a lot to gain. I don't think being Akatsuki means you're super evil or you're insanely strong. Sure you have to be strong but it doesn't mean you're like godly or whatever. I think Itachi completed those 4 requirements at the same time. Became a S-Ranked Criminal (Mass Murderer). Proved he was strong (As he was strong enough to kill people of the strongest Konoha clan). Proved he had the balls (By actually killing his close family and friends). Proved he now has nothing to lose (Everyone in his clan is basically dead and he has blocked out Sasuke in his emotions)

Also, I'm going out on a limb by saying this but I have a feeling Itachi will turn against Akatsuki. Why? Well, I always seem him as feeling guilty from what he did and Sasuke is probably his most loved one so he wants Sasuke to take him out. Most likely Sasuke is fighting his feelings inside, trying to come off as a cold person, but he probably is fighting himself internally. In the end he will probably do a final act that actually helps Konoha.

Too bad Kakashi doesn't meet any of those requirements, but good thing another one-eyed Sharingan user does. Tobi obviously meets the requirement. He has the strength since he took down the 3-tails. He has the balls because he actually fought (even though he resisted at first :P) the 3-Tails. The 2 other requirement can probably give us some insight that he is Obito. He has nothing to lose because either a) He has amnesia and doesn't know he has friends or b) he has been brainwashed to think he friends have turned their backs on him. The S-Class Criminal part is unknown. Not sure if he's completed that requirement yet.

makumbaum
September 09, 2006, 09:34 AM
I think that Itachi will became "good" in the future too!

And if waht u said was true, he has done a test to enter in Akatsuki. Maybe he felt that he commited a mistake killing everyone and let his brother gone - he could not killed his brother cause love him too much. He felt he was a monster and now he pass all the time desiring to be killed by his brother!

If Sharingan can controls Tailed Monsters, and the leader is a sharingan user... When Itachi realized that he had been controled to obtain the tailed ones, and any advantage remains to him... He could get mad with Akatsuki and help Naruto run away when they're close to get him, sacrificing himself.

PredatorNar
September 09, 2006, 11:39 AM
I don't think the Sharingan controls any of the beasts because I just feel that's stupid. THese tailed beasts are the strongest creatures. If Sharingan users could control the beasts, then why would Yondaime have to resort to a suicide seal? Couldn't just make a phone call to the Uchiha clan to help him out?

I think the only thing Sasuke did was merely look into Naruto's subconscious and I think he possible woke Naruto up out of that state (Naruto can only communicate with Kyuubi in his subconscious so when Naruto came out of that state it looked like the Kyuubi was repelled). THe sharingan, as I see it, is an ability that can dig deep in a person's mind and the stronger the level Sharingan, the deeper you can look into a person's mind and the more you can f*ck with it.

zetsuie
September 09, 2006, 12:56 PM
Look, Neji is very similiar to Sasuke in strength as a Genin. I know Sasuke has had higher training with Orochimaru since then, but Neji was almost a perfect fighting machine when he was a Genin (in terms of his techniques). Now if he was honing his skills and trying to eliminate his weakness since then (Through him becoming a chuunin and then Jounin), then he would he a friggin force. Also, Neji wasn't around "Chuunin level" at the Chuunin exam. He was just a strong Genin. I don't really think there is a "Chuunin level" of strength. I think there is an intelligence level that makes you a Chuunin (Think Shikamaru) and then there is a strength level PLUS an intelligence level that makes you become a jounin. Now, as a Genin, the Jounins and Hokage said that Naruto and Neji didn't have the intelligence I guess to become a chuunin because they didn't know when to quit. If Neji has acquired this knowledge in addition to his added strength and skill (He was already VERY good at a Genin), then he is definitely a force.

In the Gaara vs Deidara fight, I remember Gaara having the upper hand most of the time but Deidara became cheesy, attacking the Sand village and Gaara tried to protect the village with a huge sand shield, which distracted him. I doubt if Gaara and Deidara fought in an open field that Deidara would have been able to take Gaara down.

Also, it's pretty safe to say that Kakashi is probably the strongest Jounin in the leaf and you can never take his strength lightly (Which makes me like Kabuto so much because he is regarded as Kakashi's equal even though he ACTS as if he isn't that strong).

Finally, I don't regard all Akatsuki members as Sannin level. I think some are there, some may be stronger, and some weaker than that level. Deidara is definitely weaker than Sannin level because his skills are limited to one type of attack while all of the strong ninjas usually have multiple types of jutsu or a jutsu that can vary in form. Deidara is basically bomb, bigger bomb, huge bomb, and self bomb. That's it. Once someone finds out the weakness of clay bombs, Deidara is done for (Also, it doesn't seem Deidara is good with Taijutsu or Genjutsu). I have a good feeling that Deidara will not survive his next encounter with the Leaf. Don't you think Team Kakashi and Team Gai have some idea of how to counter those bombs? They've seem him in action and had plenty of time to analyze it.

Team Gai:
-Gai and Lee are too quick for those bombs to do much to them and they can basically beat the crap out of Deidara. But I think Kakashi will be needed to dispose of Deidara's self-destruct button.
-Neji: If Neji gets close to Deidara, then he can probably prevent that self-destruct button by stopping Deidara's chakra flow, which makes Deidara into a piece of garbage at that point. Also Neji's holy barrier can protect him from the bombs.
-TenTen: Meh. I never liked her. This is probably the only member of Team Gai which Deidara can beat.

Team Kakashi:
-Kakashi: Chidori or Kakashi's altered MS seems to be enough to beat Deidara. But Kakashi still needs to dodge the bombs and catch Deidara. Maybe those dogs can come back to hold Deidara down :)
-Sakura: I'm not sure if she can beat Deidara by herself but she has a better chance at it than Tenten.

One more thing. You probably are overrating some of these Akatsuki members. Also, just because some ninjas are still officially chuunin, genin, or jounin doesn't mean they have the power to beat someone at Sannin level. Naruto definitely has the potential to kill Jiraiya (Probably easily with the Kyuubi but even without the Kyuubi, Naruto still has the potential because of his excess stamina).

Oh yea, someone said something in that rock>scissors>paper thing about Itachi>Ororchimaru>Jiraiya>Itachi. I don't really think Orochimaru is better than Jiraiya. THey are probably on the same level but Orochimaru thinks Jiraiya isn't a match (or at least acts that way) because Jiraiya is a goof. Just like how Sasuke (Although he knew Naruto was around the same level) acted as if Naruto wasn't a match because Naruto is a goof. I don't exactly believe Itachi fears Jiraiya. I just believe Itachi wanted to kidnap Naruto as smooth as possible, because at that time, they were instructed to take Naruto but they didn't need him for 3 years so Itachi probably wanted to just get the job done without any trouble. Because Jiraiya showed, he retreated because he didn't want to risk any injury when it wasn't necessary to get Naruto at that time. Also, he was a bit tired from using MS on Sasuke. When time comes that Naruto is needed ASAP, I doubt Itachi will retreat.

Oh yea, I wanted to know something. Were Hidan and Kakuzu actually trying to infiltrate Konoha or was Kakuzu just looking for money while Hidan was tagging along. I'm not sure if they planned to infiltrate Konoha. I mean look at Hidan's reaction when Team Asuma attacked him. It's obvious they were Leaf ninjas because of their headband, but he was still like "WtF? Why are you attacking me? I'm just relaxing here doing nothing". If he was planning to invade Konoha, he would of known they would attack him as he got closer. Anyway, I'm still waiting for Kisame and Itachi to re-enter the mix and where exactly is the two-tails at this time? I mean, neither Kakuzu nor Hidan is carrying her.
zetsu has the two tails right now and more than likely the two tails hasnt been extracted because when gaara's was extraced it seemed as if all the akatsuki members were needed to perform the extraction

Rampages
September 09, 2006, 01:19 PM
The good guys always "nearly" die...Kishi has to be brave and kill off Shikamaru!!!!! Take that all you fans!!!!!

PredatorNar
September 09, 2006, 01:25 PM
The good guys always "nearly" die...Kishi has to be brave and kill off Shikamaru!!!!! Take that all you fans!!!!!

Yea that's what the 3rd Hokage thought too. I guess he was wrong :P

Shikamaru is too smart to die. If Shikamaru ever got his strength and skill up enough to match his intellect, he'd pwn.

Rampages
September 09, 2006, 01:29 PM
I predict Shikamaru won't die, not because he's strong or smart, but because kishi wouldn't dare do such a thing...not without dragonballs, at least.

zetsuie
September 09, 2006, 01:48 PM
well he killed gaara and brought him back so who knows if shikamaru died maybe asuma would bring him back

DesiSkull
September 09, 2006, 01:55 PM
yeh but i donk think anyone else can use that jutsu which was used on gaara to bring back to life. the most i could see happening would be asuma jumpin to save shikamaru but i dont see them dying off. at least that quick.

zetsuie
September 09, 2006, 02:48 PM
yeah i dont think anybody important is goanna die right now

jester065
September 09, 2006, 03:26 PM

Team Gai:

Team Kakashi:

Yes Gaara had the upper hand in most of the fights but like i've said in other posts trying to capture someone and just trying to kill someone are different. So i'm not going to look at that arc as anywhere near showing what diedra can do and ask yourself can any one of those teams stop someone like Jiriaya? Naruto kill Jiriaya not yet.. you gotta remember if its an all out fight and Jiriaya trying to hurt Naruto... its almost save to say Naruto can't stop him from doing it. Kakashi is good and we know that but he isn't good enough to take on anyone member of Akatsuki as of yet or until proven so. As far as Diedra skillz go, I'm not so sure he is that weak at all. He seems more of a stealth type of fighter that killz with traps and bombs but i don't think thats all his jutsus can do. An yes there are weaker ones among akatsuki but i think all of theses guys could be a hokage or fight one on equal ground. Really until we get some more info on the lvl of all of these guys i'm going to go with them being sannin and around jiraiya's lvl of fighting for now :p

midnight789
September 09, 2006, 04:13 PM

That would deffinitely be a shocker to most people, but I still think that Asuma is going to end up dying to save shikamaru (just 'cuz shikamaru is too cool to die.......yet :eyeroll)

zetsuie
September 09, 2006, 04:52 PM
That would deffinitely be a shocker to most people, but I still think that Asuma is going to end up dying to save shikamaru (just 'cuz shikamaru is too cool to die.......yet :eyeroll)
and asuma isnt cool you should be ashamed

kyubisharingan
September 09, 2006, 06:26 PM
Shikamaru IS TO COOL, but im afriad that he might...they should have put Shika's DAD in there, not Shika. But i think that Kakuzu will watch while Asuma's team fights Hidan. I think one of them(refering to the 2 guys izumo and the other dude, not Shika or Asuma) is or get close to dying. But i wish they would show Neji, or the Sand villiage hears about the Akatsuki, then the Kazekage, Temari and Kankurou come to help....maybe...

cate87
September 09, 2006, 07:34 PM
And what if the asuma team captures Hidan and Kakuzu and brings them into the village? and if they succeed to get reed? it could be the best situation because it's more dramatic since they are near to naruto, but thera are also more chance to beat them in the village, 'cause kakashi or gai can help

boyakist4649
September 09, 2006, 08:08 PM
I have decided to post a few bold predictions:

(1) Shikamaru will not die. I cannot say the same for Asuma, Izumo or Kotetsu, but I think Shikamaru is one of the top Jounins now in Konoha. Shikamaru will figure out how to defeat the "immortal" Hidan (I guess this prediction is not too bold). Interesting choice for other members - Izumo and Kotetsu, why not any other jounin/chuunin?

(2) Naruto will be able to combine the rasengan with the Wind element. Kishimoto has prefaced enough to also tell us that Naruto will learn another elemental technique and eventually make his own element, such like Tenzou or Haku.

(3) Naruto has another technique that he has not showed us yet. This is most likely to be that "other" technique that Jiraiya warned not to use. This chapter, we learned that when Naruto concentrates too much on chakra - the tails of the Kyuubi come out. As to what that technique is - I have no idea. Although I would personally love to see the "Shunshin" by the Fourth Hokage, I doubt it.

(4) Naruto's father is the Fourth Hokage. I don't think he is some reincarnation or anything of that nature. Pure and simple. It's a good story for Naruto - who grew up with no known family - only to find out that one of the greatest ninjas in Konoha turned out to be his father.

(5) There is a connection between Konoha's Kurenai and the Akatsuki leader. Although her reappearance may be for the pregnancy theory - this may be also a way to introduce who the leader is. Looking through the comics - their eyes match. The double iris is only seen with the Akatsuki leader and Kurenai.

(6) Itachi did not kill the Uchiha clan. Something bothers me about the fact they label Itachi as the Killer of the Uchiha clan. The Uchiha clan was an organization of police officers - perhaps Itachi willingly took the blame, and is actually seeking the real killer (perhaps he knows who, and can't kill him by himself). This would be a good primer to let Sasuke see that revenge is really not the way to find fufillment and happiness.

I've got some other crazy ideas - but Kishimoto really does a good job in the details of the Japanese text. For example, Deidara and Sasori talk about Kabuto as "the one we sent to Orochimaru" when they are bout to meet the Sand Spy Yuura right before they invaded the Hidden Sand in issue 28.

Blazin_Cha0s
September 09, 2006, 08:23 PM
I still believe that the completed Rasengan is the "doorway" to a more powerful Naruto with more jutsu. He needs more jutsu not just one even if it is S-class.

I was wrong about Yamoto fainting, but I did predicted "fainting." So mybe my prediction about Naruto and Kyubi face to face isn't far behind. A conversation between the two of them really needs to happen.

As for Team Asuma vs. Akatsuki. Kakuzu will die not Hidan, Hidan will survive. Last time I thought Deidara would be killed but he survived. So I'm going to go with Hidan surviving this one not Kakuzu. I think Kakuzu is there only to show just how powerful Akatsuki can get, and I believe Asuma and Kakuzu will battle alone while Shikamaru and the other two fight Hidan. Remember Kishi is influenced by Akira Toriyama of DBZ fame, and my point in mentioning this is that all the big battles have went Level 1, Level 2, etc... In the same way as DBZ. The Sasori fight, the retrieve Sasuke fights, and so on.

I think that Asuma has some amazing jutsu up his sleeve. He did say to Naruto, "It's quite rare, you know, this "wind" type." (That's from the JAPFLAP scanlation of Ch. 317) Meaning probably that wind jutsu are probably rare as well, and he could therefore have a jutsu only he can do like, Raikiri. Also, I think that maybe Kakuzu is a wind type. I think Asuma will try to sacrifice himself, and that Shikamaru will some how save him.

Skeith
September 09, 2006, 10:22 PM
ok my prediction:

a taste of the akatsuki/asuma fight but not much into it though... lots of annoying talking perhaps. longer-run: shikamaru, asuma, nor the others will die in this fight just beat to hell :) as for hidan/kakazu they won't die, hurt maybe but not dead... they'll run off and shikamaru will come up with a plan to beat hidan (he's the one who can't die right?)

for naruto's training: a little bit of it, some talking and complaining by naruto maybe but not much...
long-run: as some of the akatsuki/asuma battle starts to get interesting they'll pop back and have some more useless convo. on the naruto training... as for the new jutsu, meh maybe a windy rasengan leaving us "omg~ yay/darn its over used, but looks cool" or something really really new/cool that makes us all "omg~ sexiness!" and if i may be so bold (lol) naruto will start working on other wind-related jutsu... yeah... he gotsa 'rare' nature so he should flaunt it... yeah..

midnight789
September 09, 2006, 10:42 PM
and asuma isnt cool you should be ashamed

I never said he wasn't cool.....

I still believe that the completed Rasengan is the "doorway" to a more powerful Naruto with more jutsu. He needs more jutsu not just one even if it is S-class.

That's all well and good, and i agree with ya mostly, but that'll have to come later. For now the ultimate jutsu kakashi was referring to (and it pains me to say this) is the completed rasengan.

I was wrong about Yamoto fainting, but I did predicted "fainting." So mybe my prediction about Naruto and Kyubi face to face isn't far behind. A conversation between the two of them really needs to happen.

I was also thinking that a convo between kyuubi and naruto needs to happen, but the more i think about it the more i think it'll happen later on, when were closer to seeing sasuke again. The only things that the kyuubi could tell us to really further the plot is about the Uchiha clan, and that doesn't really have much to do with the current situation (akatsuki). So I predict that we won't see another kyuubi-naruto convo until at least the end of the arc, though more probably later. (just to note, none of my predictions have ever come true...

Also, I agree kakuzu will die, but it's 'cuz I think Hidan is cooler than Kakuzu. :tem

mugen
September 09, 2006, 11:18 PM
JUst a crazy thought but perhaps in the next chapters Asuma is going to summon Enma in the next chapters. It would be so reminescent.

midnight789
September 09, 2006, 11:29 PM
JUst a crazy thought but perhaps in the next chapters Asuma is going to summon Enma in the next chapters. It would be so reminescent.

:o your a genious :o I seriously hope that happens, that'd kick total ass!

mugen
September 10, 2006, 01:28 AM
Why thank you midnight789

TheGreenFlash
September 10, 2006, 02:03 AM
That would be cool, I just thought that azuma kind of looks like enma :D

Faust
September 10, 2006, 08:33 AM
For next chapter: umm...since the fight between Asuma's group and Akatsuki has just started I'm guessing we're gonna see more of that, either fighting or talking or some kinda combination of the two...I hope more fighting though. For Naruto's training, I'm guessing its the same thing. No real conclusion to his training yet since he seemed to just begin but then again his previous steps were unexpectedly short (to me at least). I'm seeing Naruto coming to a realization of how to combine form and nature but doing it seems a bit more difficult. Maybe Kishimoto will introduce something new about what's Kurenai or others doing, but this is merely wishful thinking as I've noticed that Kishimoto doesn't really like having two events to go on at the same time.

For the long run: I don't think Shikamaru or anyone else will die from Konoha when battling the Akatsuki. It's just a bit too overdramatic to me. Sandaime's death was tasteful but Asuma's or Shikamaru's death would just be there for shock factor and I would be kinda dissapointed if he had to resort to using that kinda method to keep us hooked.

midnight789
September 10, 2006, 10:31 AM
For the long run: I don't think Shikamaru or anyone else will die from Konoha when battling the Akatsuki. It's just a bit too overdramatic to me. Sandaime's death was tasteful but Asuma's or Shikamaru's death would just be there for shock factor and I would be kinda dissapointed if he had to resort to using that kinda method to keep us hooked.

I agree with you when it comes to Shikamaru dying, but I disagree when it comes to Asuma and the rest dying. Asuma has recently come to light as an extremely powerful ninja (I consider him equal to Kakashi, at the least), who was a part of the 12 guardians, and had a bounty 50,000 times that of chiriku. If he were to die, It would show just how strong the Akatsuki are and would set them up for a raid into the hidden village of the leaf, adding more drama and furthering the plot. This isn't to say that he HAS to die in order for these things to happen, but i think it would flow better if it happened this way. Anywho, i guess time will tell...and i do think akatsuki won't get away unharmed

mugen
September 10, 2006, 10:38 AM
True I mean he is a jounin. But I have to admit when Asuma and his girl fought Itachi & Kisame. They looked weak when Kakashi came and rescued them. But he should be strong I mean he's the son of the Professor and once claimed "God of Shinobi"

midnight789
September 10, 2006, 10:51 AM
True I mean he is a jounin. But I have to admit when Asuma and his girl fought Itachi & Kisame. They looked weak when Kakashi came and rescued them. But he should be strong I mean he's the son of the Professor and once claimed "God of Shinobi"

We really didn't see him fight that much, he exchanged a few blows with Kisame (and you gotta remember he didn't know anything about Kisame except that he came from the hidden village of the mist) And then went to try and save Kurenai. Also, Kakashi and Guy were the only people there at the time that could have fought Itachi, cuz Itachi's got that haxing sharingan.

CTS
September 10, 2006, 12:25 PM
By the way Asuma's bounty was 50,000 more not 50,000 times that of chiriku

midnight789
September 10, 2006, 12:33 PM
Your absolutely right, i checked my scan and that's exactly what it says. But still that's really good, and I still believe he's equal to Kakashi (though probably not stronger).

mugen
September 10, 2006, 12:33 PM
By the way Asuma's bounty was 50,000 more not 50,000 times that of chiriku

It was 5,000,000 more ryo. making his total bounty 35 million ryo

you think I should start a topic out of this?

zetsuie
September 10, 2006, 01:42 PM
It was 5,000,000 more ryo. making his total bounty 35 million ryo

you think I should start a topic out of this?

off topic sorry----
not really seeing as how it would be a prediction plus its not really that interesting of a topic unles theres a theory behind it1

colorpurple
September 10, 2006, 01:47 PM
have, im not sure whether some1 said this, but about hidan technique, what if, his entire body had to be annihilated, because so far in teh manga, there hasnt been any technique that can completely incenerate a body, but what if he is liek Cell from dbz, he has to be completely destroyed, or what if, and this is what i wan to happen, his heart isnt inside his body, so he cant be killed, his body could be destroyed, but until his heart is destroyed he cant die, orrrrr, what if, for an original idea, he has the ability, to move his body parts, like vital organs, to others places in his body so that they arent struck, that would be awesome, any of them would be

as for a prediction: naruto makes a deal with kyuubi, and then kyuubi gives naruto some information and they work together on the completetion of the jutsu, and then scene switch, hidan is laughing at team asuma's futal attempt to kill him, and he explains how he cant be killed-chapter ends..

mugen
September 10, 2006, 01:54 PM
off topic sorry----
not really seeing as how it would be a prediction plus its not really that interesting of a topic unles theres a theory behind it1

I was talking about Asuma summoning enma sorry know this is off topic but can't stand being misunderstood

PredatorNar
September 10, 2006, 02:02 PM
I have a feeling Hidan is like Wolverine from X-Men and can regenerate flesh and organs as long as his core (Maybe not his heart because that's too easy) is intact. This is also like Cell. I doubt any of the 9 Leaf Genin of the Chuunin Exam will die throughout this whole story. Plus, they have not built up to Shikamaru's death so he won't die anytime soon. Asuma on the other hand is a different story. Oh and the person who said Asuma is as strong as Kakashi, I beg to differ. So what if Asuma is the son of the Professor. Konohamaru is the grandson and he shows he has no talent or much potential. Kakashi is the strongest jounin in the Leaf hands down.

Remus
September 10, 2006, 02:19 PM
I doubt Shikamaru will die. Remember when he said that he now is gonna help Naruto and the lot getting Sasuke back ? Kishi already took care him when he let him say that. We will see Shikamaru. But Asuma could loose his life. Well the only one I really like of this group is Shika so the rest could die :P

bax
September 10, 2006, 03:32 PM
I doubt Shikamaru will die. Remember when he said that he now is gonna help Naruto and the lot getting Sasuke back ? Kishi already took care him when he let him say that. We will see Shikamaru. But Asuma could loose his life. Well the only one I really like of this group is Shika so the rest could die :P

I don't think that Asuma would die. But we may see Kurenai in the near future.

Zoe303
September 10, 2006, 04:19 PM
Yes, I think we'll see Kurenai soon and maybe Sakura too :whoo, and I predict no one will die :nono...maybe they'll get very injured!! :modsmack ^^*

Blazin_Cha0s
September 10, 2006, 05:07 PM
That's all well and good, and i agree with ya mostly, but that'll have to come later. For now the ultimate jutsu kakashi was referring to (and it pains me to say this) is the completed rasengan.

Yeah, I know but there is still possibility of a few jutsu. IDK, maybe Sakura will give him a book on "wind" jutsu since it's a rare typeof chakra manipulation, and he did learn Kage Bunshin on his own from a scroll.

was also thinking that a convo between kyuubi and naruto needs to happen, but the more i think about it the more i think it'll happen later on, when were closer to seeing sasuke again. The only things that the kyuubi could tell us to really further the plot is about the Uchiha clan, and that doesn't really have much to do with the current situation (akatsuki).

That's true but I was only thinking of a conversation about him being mentally weak or easily manipulated by, Kyubi. Thereby, learning to better control the forth tail, or learning to decrease/control the flow of Kyubi chakra so he doesn't hurt himself/others.

Also, I agree kakuzu will die, but it's 'cuz I think Hidan is cooler than Kakuzu. :tem

Yeah, he is cool, huh?

kyubisharingan
September 10, 2006, 06:08 PM
Yes, I think we'll see Kurenai soon and maybe Sakura too :whoo, and I predict no one will die :nono...maybe they'll get very injured!! :modsmack ^^*

I also agree. Everyone can tell there is something intimate between Kurenai and Asuma. I think Kurenai will start to reminess(not sure how to spell that) of the past with asuma. Meanwhile Asume and the team r like WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 2 big sword slcied through the dude yet he is calm. near the end of the chp, Naruto is 10% out of 100% closer to fusing the element with rasnegan.

DesiSkull
September 10, 2006, 06:11 PM
if thats true that there is something intimate between Kurenai and Asuma. wouldnt that be a more proof to asuma not dying?

CTS
September 10, 2006, 06:17 PM
for an original idea, he has the ability, to move his body parts, like vital organs, to others places in his body so that they arent struck, that would be awesome, any of them would be

That sound like Yu-Yu Hakusho

Gigga
September 10, 2006, 08:05 PM
That sound like Yu-Yu Hakusho
yea there was a guy that could do that in yu yu

colorpurple
September 10, 2006, 08:28 PM
i was hoping no one would catch on, dash it all, well lets try sumin else, maybe that is original, like maybe, he can replace any of his lost body parts, by doing that ritual he does at the end of every fight, or even, he can absorb the flesh and orgins of others, that would be crazi
[br]Posted on: September 10, 2006, 09:27:57 PM_________________________________________________and by the way, even though this is super off-topic, it was the elder teguru that could do the body parts moving thing

Panda
September 10, 2006, 11:08 PM
Guys I got it!!!!!

If Naruto uses wind chakra to make a kaze-bunshin(or kage bunshin with wind chakra)... Then his kaze-bunshin uses wind chakra to make a rasengan with his real body... they can fuse it!!!!!

Naruto chakra + Naruto kaze bunshin chakra = way to complete the jutsu!

RaZe
September 11, 2006, 02:15 AM
Guys I got it!!!!!

If Naruto uses wind chakra to make a kaze-bunshin(or kage bunshin with wind chakra)... Then his kaze-bunshin uses wind chakra to make a rasengan with his real body... they can fuse it!!!!!

hmmm..... i could see that.

SacredNic
September 11, 2006, 05:15 AM
I predict that Hidan will fight back, meanwhile Kakuzu will return and simply watch.

Naruto will complain about his lack of improvement with the fusion between his ransengan and wind chakra, so Kakashi will try out a new idea.

Torofoo
September 11, 2006, 06:37 AM
My prediction: at the end of the chapter, Kakuzu will be standing just behind Shikamaru... just before knocking him down !

GrapgWing
September 11, 2006, 07:03 AM
I have decided to post a few bold predictions:
1) Shikamaru will not die. I cannot say the same for Asuma, Izumo or Kotetsu, but I think Shikamaru is one of the top Jounins now in Konoha. Shikamaru will figure out how to defeat the "immortal" Hidan (I guess this prediction is not too bold). Interesting choice for other members - Izumo and Kotetsu, why not any other jounin/chuunin?

(2) Naruto will be able to combine the rasengan with the Wind element. Kishimoto has prefaced enough to also tell us that Naruto will learn another elemental technique and eventually make his own element, such like Tenzou or Haku.

(3) Naruto has another technique that he has not showed us yet. This is most likely to be that "other" technique that Jiraiya warned not to use. This chapter, we learned that when Naruto concentrates too much on chakra - the tails of the Kyuubi come out. As to what that technique is - I have no idea. Although I would personally love to see the "Shunshin" by the Fourth Hokage, I doubt it.

(4) Naruto's father is the Fourth Hokage. I don't think he is some reincarnation or anything of that nature. Pure and simple. It's a good story for Naruto - who grew up with no known family - only to find out that one of the greatest ninjas in Konoha turned out to be his father.

(5) There is a connection between Konoha's Kurenai and the Akatsuki leader. Although her reappearance may be for the pregnancy theory - this may be also a way to introduce who the leader is. Looking through the comics - their eyes match. The double iris is only seen with the Akatsuki leader and Kurenai.

(6) Itachi did not kill the Uchiha clan. Something bothers me about the fact they label Itachi as the Killer of the Uchiha clan. The Uchiha clan was an organization of police officers - perhaps Itachi willingly took the blame, and is actually seeking the real killer (perhaps he knows who, and can't kill him by himself). This would be a good primer to let Sasuke see that revenge is really not the way to find fufillment and happiness.

I totally agree with you boyakist4649, with everything about naruto's father about itachi, about the "other" jutsu of naruto and about the akatsu leader having a relation ship with konoha, but i don't know what relation ship that might be, meybe the akatsu leader (if it is a female) it is naruto's mother ^^ being a very wild and unsupported guess.......

kunai-knight
September 11, 2006, 09:29 AM
Guys I got it!!!!!

I like this idea. Learn how to make a wind clone and let the wind clone form a rasengan...hmmmm wait a tick! Only KB are able to do jutsus - other clones cant :mad

got me all hyped up on that idea for nuttin....mumble grumble...

bax
September 11, 2006, 10:16 AM

How he gonna make a Kaze-Bunshin? Is it has been proved that a Bunshin of a certain element posses that particular Chakra nature by default? Look if that is as easy as it sounds, maybe Kakashi would have a Water-Raikiri or other weirdos.

PredatorNar
September 11, 2006, 01:38 PM
I never noticed until someone pointed it out but Kurenai and the Akatsuki leader do have similar eyes. And if you remember, Kurenai did no grow up in the village. I think she moved there or something as a jounin. I'm not sure I will have to check early chapters later but remember during the first Chuunin Exam and Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai were talking and Kakashi mentioned Ibiki and Asuma was like "Oh, he's tough" and Kurenai was like "Who's Ibiki?". Kakashi was like "Oh, I forgot you haven't been around long"

Maybe Kurenai's past before Konoha will reveal the secret of the Akatsuki leader and maybe that's the reason Kurenai looks so distressed because she has found out who the Akatsuki leader is (Maybe it's her brother or father).

THe more and more I watch Akatsuki the more I like them. Although it seems that they are fighting for evil or w/e, they are just normal people who act goofy or quarrel or w/e. You don't see that much in the typical villian.

And the more and more I watch Orochimaru, I hate him. He may think he's nice a tough bossing Kabuto around, but I would love to see him act the same way to other Akatsuki members or the other Sannins. Itachi would probably laugh in his face. Hidan would probably laugh too and Kakuzu would probably beat him to death :P

Panda
September 11, 2006, 03:04 PM
How he gonna make a Kaze-Bunshin? Is it has been proved that a Bunshin of a certain element posses that particular Chakra nature by default? Look if that is as easy as it sounds, maybe Kakashi would have a Water-Raikiri or other weirdos.

If a Kaze Bunshin can't be made then the Kage Bunshin can use normal chakra and the real Naruto can use wind chakra to fuse the two!

Remus
September 11, 2006, 03:09 PM
If a Kaze Bunshin can't be made then the Kage Bunshin can use normal chakra and the real Naruto can use wind chakra to fuse the two!

Ah well that was one of Narutos first tries I suppose and even the Yondaime would be able to figure it out I suppose.

exkon
September 11, 2006, 04:39 PM
Maybe Naruto will use his clones to hit the opponent with the Rasengan, and then attack from behind with a wind based attack.

makumbaum
September 11, 2006, 04:47 PM
I was thinking... And what about if he made a Kaz-Bushin and hits it with a Rasengan? Then drestroying a wind clone with the rasengan could form a wind rasengan. Could it happens?

But, by the oder side, he needs to mix the spacial control with elemental control... By this way, I don't think he could do a jutsu using clone sacrifices. He needs to do it by his own!

I think that Kakashi will try another kind of training! Maybe to perform another wind jutsu that was pure elemental control. Naruto mastered wind element too fast. I don't believe he's perfected it... He needs more elemental training!

And another kind of training that he needs is some kind of taijutsu training - like that Kakashi used with Sasuke. Naruto needs to increrase his speed like Sasuke.

At the end of training, before fight with Akatsuki, Naruto will need some training against Genjutsu - he's too poor at this field. If he fights with Itachi or Sasuke, he'll die!!!!

neomaster121
September 11, 2006, 05:43 PM
i agree with you i think kakashi will atempt in teaching naruto a wind technique witch is just 100% nature control then after he does this he can combined what he's learnt.

animemania
September 11, 2006, 06:23 PM
I don't think that completeing the rasengan will be as easy as using a wind natured clone and naruto with regular chakra to make it. The rasengan is quite hard to make in terms how complex the shape is. Its gets even more complex when you have to visualize two air currents rubbing together to make a very sharp edge and then contouring it to have that rasengan swirl.

I have an idea that might work for how to complete rasengan.

When making regular rasengan chakra is forced to spin at very high speeds towards the center.

Maybe naruto now not only has to force wind natured chakra towards the center but also back out from the center towards the outer surface. That way there will be one air current flowing towards the center making the rasengan's form, and the second one will flow back out and sharpen the wind natured chakra.

This would also make sense because then the air pressure won't be too high in the center to control. Just a thought...maybe someone else will come along and have a better idea.

(i wish i could illustrate my idea in a picutre but that may prove to be difficult :()

The Flash
September 12, 2006, 07:17 AM
I don't think that completeing the rasengan will be as easy as using a wind natured clone and naruto with regular chakra to make it. The rasengan is quite hard to make in terms how complex the shape is. Its gets even more complex when you have to visualize two air currents rubbing together to make a very sharp edge and then contouring it to have that rasengan swirl.

I have an idea that might work for how to complete rasengan.

When making regular rasengan chakra is forced to spin at very high speeds towards the center.

Maybe naruto now not only has to force wind natured chakra towards the center but also back out from the center towards the outer surface. That way there will be one air current flowing towards the center making the rasengan's form, and the second one will flow back out and sharpen the wind natured chakra.

This would also make sense because then the air pressure won't be too high in the center to control. Just a thought...maybe someone else will come along and have a better idea.

(i wish i could illustrate my idea in a picutre but that may prove to be difficult :()

Yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking.

shade
September 12, 2006, 09:03 AM
i predict to be no (for now) any improvements in new technics, and about leader he might be a brother of Asuma and son of sarutobi (his hair color is the same when the third was young)

ps.sorry for my poor english... ;)

makumbaum
September 12, 2006, 09:47 AM
I think the leader of Akatsuki is Uchiha Madara!
And remember that Kyubii said that his power is more threatener than itself.
(Kyubii is man or woman?)

bax
September 12, 2006, 09:50 AM
I think the leader of Akatsuki is Uchiha Madara!
And remember that Kyubii said that his power is more threatener than itself.
(Kyubii is man or woman?)

Kyuubi is a weird 9-tailed huge orange/red animal... Not he nor she, it is "IT"

Ah well that was one of Narutos first tries I suppose and even the Yondaime would be able to figure it out I suppose.

True. If to combine Chakra is so simple as that, even Kakashi can do it, let alone Yondaime.

bloodrage
September 12, 2006, 10:35 AM
wind doesent only slice things up, it blows them away and sucks them in. just a crazy idea what if he did like what kakashi does with water, and made that suiton dragon thing, and he did it with wind. and had the dragon shooting out rasengans instead of wind or fire or w/e that would be cool.

anyway predictions naruto will master this new rasengan in the next two chapters .and still work on his ultimate jutsu hindan will die before kazkuz cause he is always telling him not to die when ever they go into a battle.

fremeer
September 12, 2006, 11:06 AM
i just hope kishimoto is a bit more original than having some lame wind chakra infused tornado. The move should hold the core elements of the rasengan in it but different enough that it feels new not lame. hajimme ippo and the dempsey roll kind of thing but hopefully a bit more wow factor.

Ijen
September 12, 2006, 01:37 PM
We know that Kakuzu is the banker for Akatsuki, but frankly I'm more interested to know who the tailor of the group is. That Hidan is a regular pin cussion. His cloak must need patching all the time!

midnight789
September 12, 2006, 02:40 PM
We know that Kakuzu is the banker for Akatsuki, but frankly I'm more interested to know who the tailor of the group is. That Hidan is a regular pin cussion. His cloak must need patching all the time!

I'm the tailor of Akatsuki. :oh

Also, I think that the next chapter won't show naruto at all. It will be all akatsuki vs. asuma. Actually I think that will be the case for the next 5 chapters (I'm predicting a very good fight ;)).

bax
September 12, 2006, 03:01 PM
Also, I think that the next chapter won't show naruto at all.

Personally I object that. You will see Naruto again but maybe only a few pages. But, who knows what Kishi has in store.

Rooks
September 12, 2006, 03:18 PM
Who knows if we'll see Akatsuki OR Naruto in the next few chapters..

Seems to me this is a perfect 'cliffhanging moment' for Kishi to go on a completely different tangent just to make us sit on the edge of our... uhm.. computer chairs for the next chapter. How crazy would it get if this chapter was all about Sakura/Sai/Tsunade etc etc or some Oro/Sasuke ? Just a thought...

Ikasu
September 12, 2006, 04:07 PM
Well it's for sure going to show the akatsuki scene with the shhikamaru group...

Personally I Think it's going to be the same thing...some training and some akatsuki battling ^.^....Or theres a chance it'll be almost all akatsuki battling and at the last page a cliffhanging moment in naruto's training.

makumbaum
September 12, 2006, 05:37 PM
I agree that could appears only Akatsuki vs. Asuma in the next episode. If they show a powerful and cool wind jutsu performed by Asuma could generates more curiosity!!!

kyubisharingan
September 12, 2006, 05:48 PM
Of course they r gonna show Naruto. But most of it is gonna be Akatsuki vs. Asuma's team.
Well still have to see how Naruto's training is goin so of course they r gonna show Naruto

colorpurple
September 12, 2006, 06:05 PM
i dont agree, i dont think we will see much of either, i think that the person who said this is the percect cliffhanging point, i right on the dot, so, i predict some flashbackscenes, or some other random thing like sakura...or even oro, who i hate with a passion...i cant be the only realizing how close it must be getting to the time when oro will take sasuke, im just pointing out that it seems to be drawing nearer and nearer[br]Posted on: September 12, 2006, 07:04:58 PM_________________________________________________wow, that was poor writing hope u can forgive me xD

midnight789
September 12, 2006, 06:41 PM
Personally I object that. You will see Naruto again but maybe only a few pages. But, who knows what Kishi has in store.

That's probably the best thing to do, as none of my predictions have come through yet. Who knows though, there's a first time for everything.

McNerd
September 12, 2006, 08:32 PM
I haven't seen anyone address this, but sorry if I've missed it.

If Hidan has a simple weak point (stab him in the toe, or something) then why can't Kakuzu kill him if he gets angry? The partners in Akatsuki seem to have a good understanding of each other's techniques; it seems likely that if there were any simple trick to killing Hidan, Kakuzu would know it. Although, there are such "invincible armor" techniques in a lot of the kung fu movies Naruto takes inspiration from.

boyakist4649
September 12, 2006, 09:13 PM
Lots of fake spoilers floating around in 2ch...

In one of the threads, there is an interesting discussion going on about how Kakuzu and Hidan are some kind of twins (derived from their names, which point to 角行and飛車 which are shoji pieces) - and that both need to be killed at once to kill the other.

...HOWEVER

I really doubt that Hidan's secret will be out that soon.

ihearthinata
September 12, 2006, 09:24 PM
Who knows if we'll see Akatsuki OR Naruto in the next few chapters..

Seems to me this is a perfect 'cliffhanging moment' for Kishi to go on a completely different tangent just to make us sit on the edge of our... uhm.. computer chairs for the next chapter. How crazy would it get if this chapter was all about Sakura/Sai/Tsunade etc etc or some Oro/Sasuke ? Just a thought...

or a tangent of actaully showing the 2 year training Naruto got..

anyways, i think that shika will hold hidan's down with his shadow while the rest fight kakuzu

White Rabbit
September 12, 2006, 10:30 PM
nah, I can't see Shikamaru and Hidan just sitting around during this upcoming battle.
Maybe Kakuzu will force Shikamaru to release his jutsu somehow.

When Izumo and Kotetsu realise that Hidan isn't very much affected by their attack, I wonder what they will do... a decapitation for example would be a good test of his "immortality".
But since he is trapped now, maybe they'll try to interrogate him first.

Egoboo
September 13, 2006, 01:58 AM
when oro will take sasuke

*shudders* :darn
Prediction:
Short view of Asuma and Co. with surprised faces and afterwards Kakashi pondering whether there is something else he could do in order to help Naruto since Yamato seems to be in serious drain right now...
Maybe some (*cough* filler-) scenes with Sai and/or Sakura in the village.

j0ny
September 13, 2006, 02:51 AM
I feel so bad for Asuma and Shika... they are probably toast.

I predict that they will be overwhelmed with Hidan's power and at the end Kakuzo will show up. There will be a four on two showdown but Shika will be running the show. There will probably be a few pages of Naruto training.... uggg... but most of the chapter will be dedicated to the Team Asuma/Akatsuki BATTLE ROYALE. I really hope that Team Asuma pulls through, but I have this inclination that at least one of them are never returning to Konoha.

destinator
September 13, 2006, 03:04 AM
Lots of fake spoilers floating around in 2ch...

In one of the threads, there is an interesting discussion going on about how Kakuzu and Hidan are some kind of twins (derived from their names, which point to 角行and飛車 which are shoji pieces) - and that both need to be killed at once to kill the other.

...HOWEVER

I really doubt that Hidan's secret will be out that soon.

That one sound really interesting...sometimes its really fascinating what people think out...but yeah I doubt we will see his real secret too soon. But maybe we get a glimpse of his powers in the next chapter!

Auditype1234
September 13, 2006, 03:15 AM
Hmmmm.....I don't know......nobody in Naruto seems to die without Kishimoto letting the audience grow emotionally attatched to a character. Heck, characters don't even "almost" die without that rule in place. We haven't had a chance to learn about/grow attactched enough to Izumo and Kotetsu to see them die in any meaningful way just yet. I see Team Asuma being very strategic and calculated, only to be overwhelmed by the maelstrom of Akatsuki power, and just when it looks like Team Asuma's fate is sealed, some of the other teams will show up just in time to thawrt and attack and step in. Remember when Kotetsu (or was it Izumo?) sent the birds to inform the other 20 teams of where they're heading towards? The other teams know, or will know very quickly where they are. I think that this battle will be quite drawn out . . . . but what do I know?

zetsuie
September 13, 2006, 07:28 AM
i predict it will start off with the fight between asuma and hidan for the first two pages and then go to naruto's trainging or to somebody else possibly kurenai sakura or tsunade maybe even tobi and deidra[br]Posted on: September 13, 2006, 07:26:48 AM_________________________________________________

Hmmmm.....I don't know......nobody in Naruto seems to die without Kishimoto letting the audience grow emotionally attatched to a character. Heck, characters don't even "almost" die without that rule in place. We haven't had a chance to learn about/grow attactched enough to Izumo and Kotetsu to see them die in any meaningful way just yet. I see Team Asuma being very strategic and calculated, only to be overwhelmed by the maelstrom of Akatsuki power, and just when it looks like Team Asuma's fate is sealed, some of the other teams will show up just in time to thawrt and attack and step in. Remember when Kotetsu (or was it Izumo?) sent the birds to inform the other 20 teams of where they're heading towards? The other teams know, or will know very quickly where they are. I think that this battle will be quite drawn out . . . . but what do I know?
what the chunin examiner hyate (dont know how to spell it)

spactaa
September 13, 2006, 07:31 AM
hayate

This chapter already got 10 pages of fight zetsuie.

zetsuie
September 13, 2006, 10:29 AM
hayate

This chapter already got 10 pages of fight zetsuie.
which chapter and what i meant was kishi will probably start of with the fight for the first two page and then go to another sub story and then go back to the fight

Ayah
September 13, 2006, 10:48 AM
spactaa was refering to the spoiler pics for chapter 323. Yep, 10 pages have been leaked.

zetsuie
September 13, 2006, 10:49 AM
oh i didnt know that

White Rabbit
September 13, 2006, 10:59 AM
@spactaa

there is a reason why the spoiler-pics and -summaries have their own sub-forum.
so please don't spoil here. there are some people who don't wanna know what happens till the chapter comes out... and that should be respected.

I hope Sai will also have a little part in this story-arc. I don't like him that much as a character, but choujuu giga is a very stylish ninpo an we haven't seen him fighting seriously o far.

zetsuie
September 13, 2006, 11:20 AM
@spactaa

there is a reason why the spoiler-pics and -summaries have their own sub-forum.
so please don't spoil here. there are some people who don't wanna know what happens till the chapter comes out... and that should be respected.

I hope Sai will also have a little part in this story-arc. I don't like him that much as a character, but choujuu giga is a very stylish ninpo an we haven't seen him fighting seriously o far.

yeah i dont really like him either but i kinda doubt we will see him cause then there would be just to many sub story's going on i mean so far theres naruto's training the fight between akatsuki the thing between kurenai and kakashi tobi and deidra the other teams that are hunting akatsuki and a possible revaltion with sakura's character there was a little bit of a hint that something was happening with her character a few chapters ago

mahjustin
September 13, 2006, 12:52 PM
Isn't Shikamaru forced to release his jitsu?

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but when he shadow binds someone, whatever happens to the shadow bound person happens to Shikamaru.

So for example, if the shadow bound person was struck in the head, then Shikamaru would also be struck in the head. I'm not sure if this is really the case, maybe I'm remembering this totally wrong, but if it's true, would he have released the jitsu before Hidan got stabbed?

Remus
September 13, 2006, 01:07 PM
Isn't Shikamaru forced to release his jitsu?

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but when he shadow binds someone, whatever happens to the shadow bound person happens to Shikamaru.

So for example, if the shadow bound person was struck in the head, then Shikamaru would also be struck in the head. I'm not sure if this is really the case, maybe I'm remembering this totally wrong, but if it's true, would he have released the jitsu before Hidan got stabbed?

No you are confusing it here. The caster of the jutsu makes his target move like he does. The jutsu you are referring to is Ino's mind dominating jutsu. Shikamaru can hold him as long as he wants to.

ihearthinata
September 13, 2006, 01:20 PM
That one sound really interesting...sometimes its really fascinating what people think out...but yeah I doubt we will see his real secret too soon. But maybe we get a glimpse of his powers in the next chapter!

well who knows.. if it is true like the Shogi pieces, then that is some major foreshawoing that Kishi has done..

fantomas
September 13, 2006, 01:35 PM
No you are confusing it here. The caster of the jutsu makes his target move like he does. The jutsu you are referring to is Ino's mind dominating jutsu. Shikamaru can hold him as long as he wants to.

I'm not so sure about that :p : in the anime (I don't remember witch episode) when Naruto punch Shadowed Gaara in the hospital, Shika seems to get hurt .
EDIT : episode 58 11th minute :D

RaZe
September 13, 2006, 02:04 PM
I'm not so sure about that :p : in the anime (I don't remember witch episode) when Naruto punch Shadowed Gaara in the hospital, Shika seems to get hurt .
EDIT : episode 58 11th minute :D

well; why didn't shika lose consciousness when he used the shadow jutsu to bang that sound ninjas head into a wall during the prelim matches. :|

Remus
September 13, 2006, 02:30 PM
He doesnt suffer side effects except chakra loss.

jester065
September 13, 2006, 02:32 PM
Well because i think hidan was more or less supprised by the moved and after they saw it didn't have much effect . P{lus i'm sure he could break it at anytime which i think he did when asuma came at him

Ikasu
September 13, 2006, 03:41 PM
well; why didn't shika lose consciousness when he used the shadow jutsu to bang that sound ninjas head into a wall during the prelim matches. :|

This was talked about in the discussion thread also. Kagemane only imitates movement. Which is what hurt shikamaru to begin with. When in shadow imitation the opponent in the jutsu must follow shikamaru's every move imitating him. It works vice versa also if the opponent is forced into a position. They are both bound to eachother. So when naruto punched gaara it forced shikamaru to imitate the movement of gaara. So it's like whiplash basically. Shikamaru feels the actions too. It only imitate movement. Being stabbed or anything does not effect shikamaru...

Also before about the sound girl...he leaned back and the wall was there...so she hit her head...if he held the jutsu he'd feel a sudden stop..but he wouldn't have the impact on his head.

bax
September 13, 2006, 03:53 PM
Also before about the sound girl...he leaned back and the wall was there...so she hit her head...if he held the jutsu he'd feel a sudden stop..but he wouldn't have the impact on his head.

Agreed. That should explain this matter. The only question is the movements. Yes, Shikamaru won't feel any pain if the victim is stabbed or anything. But what if someone breaks the neck of the victim while the jutsu is still on? Would his neck moves the same. If it does, isn't that would kill Shikamaru as well?

White Rabbit
September 13, 2006, 04:19 PM
this is a fantasy-shonen-manga... overthinking its logic destroys its magic, guys ;)

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ttuura/catgirls.gif

Predator
September 13, 2006, 04:43 PM
this is a fantasy-shonen-manga... overthinking its logic destroys its magic, guys ;)

I sorta agree ..... but a bit sorta, because the manga is different from comics with it's real adult feeling and pseudo-reality. That's why in many cases real world rules should apply. Just as much to keep the story with it's feeling of maturity.

And now .... Please revert to the topic. What will happen in the chapter that comes out in a couple of hours and what do you think of it? (And it's not the time for spoilers yet. :p)

zetsuie
September 13, 2006, 04:51 PM
Well because i think hidan was more or less supprised by the moved and after they saw it didn't have much effect . P{lus i'm sure he could break it at anytime which i think he did when asuma came at him
he hasnt broken it yet atleast i dont think so because when he tried to avoid the two chunnin that were about to stab him he couldnt because he was trapped by shikamaru's jutsu so i think that he will still be in trapped in the begging of the next chapter

Ikasu
September 13, 2006, 05:03 PM
Over analyzing does kill the magic..so I always just let it be...but people always break it down so we really have no choice but to read it and answer upon it..lol..But yea...If the girl would break her neck shikamaru would feel the same movement...but not neccesarily break his neck..it all depends on how his body would react to the position of his neck...every body is different...

But if he releases the jutsu while falling back...right before hitting it..he wouldn't feel anything...I doubt there would be enough time to counter and get out of the fall.

But yea...I don't like over analyzing the series too much...I take it for what it is...a great piece of entertainment ^.^.

colorpurple
September 13, 2006, 05:34 PM
hahahaha, i cant wait for this chaper, however, to predict what will happen is, at this point, futile, because you see, as i enjoy this manga almost asmuch as bleach and one piece, im hooked no matter what happens, but it would seem to me that, this is teh perfect time for a cliffhanger, it would most definitely keep us on our toesies, if kishi did that now

White Rabbit
September 13, 2006, 05:53 PM
isn't there a cliffhanger at the end of almost every chapter?
doesn't take much to predict THAT... *just kiddn* ;)

I wonder how Naruo will overcome this difficult task... maybe he should take it step by step and first try to insert the wind chakra into the rasengan on a lower level.
And as soon he gets a feeling for it, he can boost the power and spinning little by little.

cerventus
September 13, 2006, 09:26 PM
isn't there a cliffhanger at the end of almost every chapter?
doesn't take much to predict THAT... *just kiddn* ;)

I wonder how Naruo will overcome this difficult task... maybe he should take it step by step and first try to insert the wind chakra into the rasengan on a lower level.
And as soon he gets a feeling for it, he can boost the power and spinning little by little.

Just as what i was thinking. Starting a wind chakra step 1. but then it will be too obvious for Yondaime.
then Naruto would realized it is a shape prob. Since to effectively use with which charkra he need to maintain like two charkra rubbing against each other to make it sharper. Maybe he will figure out from there.

zetsuie
September 13, 2006, 10:34 PM
Just as what i was thinking. Starting a wind chakra step 1. but then it will be too obvious for Yondaime.
then Naruto would realized it is a shape prob. Since to effectively use with which charkra he need to maintain like two charkra rubbing against each other to make it sharper. Maybe he will figure out from there.
i have no idea what your trying to say

ZeroDegrez
September 14, 2006, 12:23 AM
What he is saying (i think) is that the current form of the Rasengan makes it impossible to form wind chakra because of the random spinning. In order to create spinning, ever sharpening chakra, the movement must be predictable, and it must be in a pattern. Not random.

As it stands, I can understand why it is impossible to hold it together. See, I imagine normal chakra to be a flow, that for some reason or another doesn't collide with itself, but will collide with other objects when compacted. However...once formed into wind, it becomes a substance that can do this. Meaning that when 2 opposing wind chakra bands collide in the random spinning of the rasengan, boom. The random spinning wind blows itself apart.

The rasengan just wont be the same.

So, Naruto has a very large problem on his hands here. How do you maintain 100% form, with 100% nature. Well...I'm not sure what 100% form means to be honest. What form is 100%? What makes a form 99%, but not 100%? *shrug*

Honestly the more I think about it...the more and more I forsee Krillian's spinny disk of doom being tossed everywhere. (god i hope not)

I guess...one possible form, would be to have a rasengan *core* and around it have spinning hollow disks that spin inwards on themselves. But, imagine it to be like an electron with octets or levels of circular blades around this spiral/sphere core. The blades themselves rotate randomly, but spin in a pattern sharpening themselves.

Personally...I think would be pretty bad ass looking.

Come to think of it...if each level of blade rotated at a slightly different angle, I think the pattern that would appear, is that from any angle you would see a whirl pool...

Well actually more of an osolating whirlpool, as if whipping with each spin if he rotates it by the x/y/z axis.

Sorta like this:
http://www.windandweather.com/wind/Images/hd3590.jpg

But with each ring offset a little ahead, and rotating at slightly a differnt angle

Ohhh...and then, when you hit someone, expand the rasengan core, which pushes the rings outwards, slicing and dicing everything it touches.

Found a closer picture to what i can imagine: (since I can't draw)
http://www.mediamodell.c3.hu/csorgo/gomb1.gif
(The frame after the very empty sphere...not the really busy one)

SacredNic
September 14, 2006, 02:04 AM
I like this theory a lot.

Especially the rings of ransengan chakra being thrown all about the place.

But...

It's still a bloody ball that is formed in the palm of the hand.

Nothing original about it's shape or use, sadly.

I was hoping that with this new training, it would steer AWAY from the ransengan, not enhance it.

*sigh* :notrust

DesiSkull
September 14, 2006, 02:17 AM
yeh i was hopin the same thing but when i learnt that rasengan is incomplete itseld. so tht sort of threw out that hoping thing. so lets hope and logically thinking. naruto should make his new jutsu totally different looking from rasengan. see thts what the 4th trying to do and that doesnt mean naruto will finish it like that. so there are good chances that naruto will turn that into something unpextected. like what tht i dont know.

SacredNic
September 14, 2006, 02:20 AM
Yeah... I hope so too.

Besides, the ransengan isn't the most useful of jutsus as it is a close combat move which has been avoided a few times in the past (Kabuto's kick which sent Naruto's bunshin comes to mind). I think Naruto would require an attack that's a little more mid-to-long range in order to become more of an effecient ninja.

DesiSkull
September 14, 2006, 02:22 AM
yeh thts one of the sure thing to come outta his new jutsu when its complete. so i guess all we can do is wait for another few chapters. and by that he should have it.

cerventus
September 14, 2006, 05:12 AM
Zero thanks for the post. What i wanted to say with illustration.
I also hope for Killian's Chi Disk would not come true. It will be very dragon ballish.

Anyway, Kakashi did say that shape manipulation can determine the range of the attack and asuma did mention Wind Chakra is most effective close and mid range. I suspect that what Naruto might produce is a mid range S rank jutsu.

A long shot will be a wind infuse Rasengan that is control by chakra string, similiar like who Killua's Yoyo attack in hunter x hunter.

As for Asuma, I think he will show his trump card in the next move, since he said he is sacrificial piece.
Shikamaru will save Asuma, just before hidan finish him off.

Asuma said why?
Shika : you know how good of a chess player i am. Sacrificying you is a very wrong move.

[br]Posted on: September 14, 2006, 06:06:28 AM_________________________________________________One more thing, Naruto is good only when battle. He thinks on his feet better than anyone in the series, cept when he is in Kyubi rage.

I think maybe then we will see naruto's ultimate jutsu and this wind rasengan is a bridge to that jutsu.

HisshouBuraiKen
September 14, 2006, 07:23 AM
We won't see Naruto's ultimate jutsu, but we'll see some progress.

My biggest hope would be to see him realize he can't complete his jutsu as long as he needs a clone to do the Rasengan, and finally masters doing it with one hand.

ZeroDegrez
September 14, 2006, 08:09 AM
Haha, Rasengan yoyo. I smell gouda.

Ayah
September 14, 2006, 10:11 AM
For those who don't know yet, the RAW is out! Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=8593.0) :D

The Touch
September 14, 2006, 10:26 AM
Can you spot Ryo-san (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=8548.0) in Chapter 323?

Page 4

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/8403/ryoninja1rv2.jpg

Ayah
September 14, 2006, 10:43 AM
You decided to look for him already, Touch? I haven't started searching for that guy in this chapter. At least D. Gray-man's was very easy :D

Jinto
September 14, 2006, 10:55 AM
So does this mean Hidan is a zombie?

ZeroDegrez
September 14, 2006, 11:15 AM
Sure looks like something out of Mardi Gras.

Remus
September 14, 2006, 11:17 AM
So does this mean Hidan is a zombie?

I'd say he connects with you once he tastes your blood. Something similar to Sakon/Ukon who can get into your body only that he just needs to taste your blood. Man Hidan really is the shit. Well now they are in serious trouble. It's somehow clearly that Asuma is gonna die if they want him down. But maybe Shika saves his ass. But there will be backup too. I dun think those remaining 3 can kick Kakuzus ass if Asuma dies. Well give more action a very nice chapter.

GeninX
September 14, 2006, 11:24 AM
Have no fear, shikamaru is there.!

Konkun
September 14, 2006, 12:01 PM
Looks like the jutsu or whatever Hidan deals damage to his opponent, while he himself is unhurt. If you notice, the circle which Hidan makes is out of his own blood, a sacrificial piece for his jutsu. Also, he didnt leave the circle. He stood within the circle while getting hurt and at the same time, Asuma got hurt. I think this is his weakness. He has to stay within the circle in order to perform the jutsu. So if they get him out of the circle, they should be able to fight him fairly. As for the begining where he got stabbed and was unhurt. I have no idea. Maybe he cant be killed in the conventional way. O.o. How the hell team Asuma gonna beat him? Shikamaru should be able to figure it out, but some1 will die. I dont want it to be Asuma =(

Gulio
September 14, 2006, 01:00 PM
he's connected to Asume. If he kills himself Asuma dies.

If they kill asuma before he kills himself, he dies.

Note the forshadowing that Asuma will not be a sacrifice, I believe Asuma will die, commit suicide taking the evil guy with him.

ShadowStrike
September 14, 2006, 01:04 PM
I think next week we will see more of Naruto's training than Asuma's fate.

I think both Asuma and Shikamaru are gonna survive Hidan. That would leave the other two chunins dead. There were serveral hints to this: the author showed the picture of the two chunins on the cover page of a previous issue, and also Asuma already said he won't be a useless piece as long as Shikamru is concerned. On the other hand, I think Asuma will get killed by Kakuzu.

From what I've seen Hidan gets hurt and does not simply die. So most probably he's gonna do some voodoo stuff like using his weapon to hurt himself bad, which results in Asuma getting owned too. The way his power works is simple; he just needs to taste the blood of his opponent and that guy is cursed. Most probably, Shikamaru will figure out a way to kill Hidan. That is probably why Kakuzu went for Shikamaru in the first place and also warned Hidan that he would die if he is not careful. Of course, if his jutsus are limited only within the circle, I think Hidan will have a hard time avoiding Shikamaru's shadow jutsu.

deepu
September 14, 2006, 01:06 PM
"I believe Asuma will die, commit suicide taking the evil guy with him."

Just like his dad, the 3rd?

Notice the similarities of the situation.

laughing@you
September 14, 2006, 01:07 PM
I don't know if you guys have realize this but......Team Azuma is going to die starting with the two flunkys that stabbed Hidan!!!!

Azuma already said that Hidan is stronger than him!

Unless new jutsus are displayed at the nick of time. This fight is pretty much over in the next chapter!...

Oh ...and ...my props to the one who ever said that naruto wasn't going to be showned in this chapter!!!

Enter4None
September 14, 2006, 01:22 PM
Looks like the jutsu or whatever Hidan deals damage to his opponent, while he himself is unhurt. If you notice, the circle which Hidan makes is out of his own blood, a sacrificial piece for his jutsu. Also, he didnt leave the circle. He stood within the circle while getting hurt and at the same time, Asuma got hurt. I think this is his weakness. He has to stay within the circle in order to perform the jutsu. So if they get him out of the circle, they should be able to fight him fairly. As for the begining where he got stabbed and was unhurt. I have no idea. Maybe he cant be killed in the conventional way. O.o. How the hell team Asuma gonna beat him? Shikamaru should be able to figure it out, but some1 will die. I dont want it to be Asuma =(

The circle hyphotesis is valid and interesting, yet it's way too big of weak point for a jutsu (even more for an Akatsuki jutsu) if things turn out as you say.

Edit: oh, congratulations to all those who predicted Hidan's "pain share" jutsu :tem

Paranoid
September 14, 2006, 01:36 PM
So Hidan is a living voodoo doll, huh?!

I don't know if Asuma will live beyond this confrontation, but if he doesn't I hope (and expect) that he does have a chance to put up a good show before dying.

It'd be so anticlimactic if hidan just stabs himself and it's game over. I imagine Shikamaru will figure something out.

Darrenj
September 14, 2006, 01:37 PM
hidan is already dead, hes already lost half his uniform
u know how uncool and weird it would look for him to be normal state showing his nipple and all
so yeah doubt we will see his nipple, death to him

kadoman
September 14, 2006, 01:41 PM
WOAH!

:blink

Please excuse my over-enthusiasm but this chapter is f*cking BRILLIANT! We got ACTION! and great ART! and SHIKAMARU! and AKATSUKI! and ASUMA! and my favourite NON-CONFLICTING NON-EMO BISHIE YAOI COUPLE!...

*shoves inner fangirl back in her cage*

I knew this chapter was shaping up to be a good one when I read p.096 - Hidan spies the emblem on Asuma's cloth and follows up with equivalent of 'awww f*ck. Again?'. Priceless. Damn, I love that guy.

And have a look at p.098 where, in response to Asuma asking for the wherabouts of 'the other guy' - look at how he appears right behind Shikamaru (who looks like he's shitting himself!). AWESOME! I was SO having to restrain myself in the work place at that moment!

And poor Asuma! Oh DZ...how must you be feeling right now? He said Hidan and Kakuzu were way better than him?!? What's goin' on with guy? Need some Naruto-injected confidence? And poor Shika! Having to watch Asuma talk like that! Not the best way to build confidence during a battle...eep! I'm really fearing for Asuma now. :(

And the second best moment - p. 105 when Hidan does his gymnastics thingy (what the heck was that?). Whatever it was, it sure looked good and I was getting way too excited for someone pretending to be doing work.

The best moment? The last panel. Hidan looking like Skelletor out of He-Man and saying 'let's enjoy some exquisite pain together' and I'm wondering if a statement like that belongs in Ryk and Kado's Kinky Kingdom...:D :D

Can't wait for 324!!

One Eyed Sharingan
September 14, 2006, 01:42 PM
Hmmm. great chapter....hidan's a badass afterall...
About his jutsu, i think it involves the victim's blood, ...hidan licked Asuma's blood in hi schyte..
dis is baaaad, and if kakuzu butt in....it'll be far worse....

Oh yeah, when Asuma perform the seal for that katon thing, he let go his knukle blades, and after that he catch thos knukle blades again in an instant....that's kinda cool!!

MasterOdin
September 14, 2006, 02:10 PM
Looking back, aren't you glad that Kishi held off showing Hidan's jutsu? You just had to know he was building to this moment by not showing it in previous fights.

I do think that Shikamaru will think of something and Hidan will die. There seems to be too much foreshadowing. With Kakuzu constantly saying that Hidan better be careful or he will be killed and Asuma saying how he is somewhat dependant on Shikamaru.

Great chapter overall! It was great to see some action and although I missed Naruto's training, a break was probably for the best.

ihearthinata
September 14, 2006, 02:37 PM
this was a fraggin bad arse issue.. oh man.. can't wait.
so does this mean in order for Hidan to die, Asuma has to die...
i knew that they woul dhave to use Shika to hold hidan down, while the rest attacks Kakuzu.. but everything is pointing towards Hidan.. who seems to be a badd arse

Remus
September 14, 2006, 02:46 PM
Well getting Hidan off the circle will be pretty hard. He is so powerful that Shika can barely hold him. Second he got his damn ass scythe floating around and third Kakuzu is around.
But Kakuzu foreshadowed it as well. "Dont let your guard down or you will die ! "

THETRUTH.com
September 14, 2006, 02:49 PM
If that circle is his weak point Shika will definitely figure that out, so does any of the group know earth-style jutsus. But Hidan jutsu completely changes the fight, now we will not see Asumas full attack strength the strong point of a wind-user.

Hidans style does make me think about how he would do against a genjutsu type. I dont know how the A-Team will do in this fight at this point everyone has a chance of losing their life.

If Hidan does make it through this fight their are some really bad match ups for him in Konoha Godaime and Naruto come to mind first because of their ability to heal. Although I dont see Tsunade-sama getting involved but then again she said this was a chance to DEAL with Akatsuki.

Oh yeah didnt Zetsu see the A-team, a few chapters back, were the hell is he.

Remus
September 14, 2006, 03:13 PM
Well now dont make mountains out of molehills. If Zetsu turns up Team Asuma will definitely gonna be crushed. That's for sure. Hidan already overpowers all of them because of his damn jutsu and Kakuzus Bloodlust will become the next obstacle.

sabyr
September 14, 2006, 03:18 PM
all i can say is... holy crap

bax
September 14, 2006, 03:19 PM
If Zetsu turns up Team Asuma will definitely gonna be crushed.

First of all, I hate Zetsu. He's like a cockroach. He just spawns wherever and whenever he likes...

Great chapter. Looking at the condition, there's a very high possibility that at least one of the four will be very badly injured if not dead. Perhaps, it's time now for Shikamaru to remember the conversation he had with Asuma about that shougi thing. I just imagine that Shikamaru is actually the king, the important piece that should be protected because obviously only brains can get them out of this mess considering if there are no backups. Fighting with raw power is really damn stupid right now.