PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 288 Discussion/289 Prediction Thread

KaNx
December 17, 2008, 04:54 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44854) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

The chapter is out, get it Here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/gantz/chapters/288).

staytough
December 21, 2008, 03:17 PM
The spoiler

[0288]The crushing sound of the Future

"The only thing he sees is Trash"

Nishi kills everyone with the exception of the fat girl, then looks outside from the window and sees that the cops are already there.

Kurono watch the news an learns what is happening at Nishi's school, then reading the 2ch he also learns that the killer was Nishi.

Then we see Sakurai and Tonkotsu watching some fireworks (:darn)

In the meanwhile, Nishi says "Damn why this turned like this"

Suddenly, an extremely powerful force destroys glass of the windows of Nishi's classroom.

"The crushing sound announces the end of the week"

The situation of Nishi gets worst! and also something new...!?

:o

Could it be fake?

I mean

He has to kill fat tae!! come on...
and if this isn't fake, what is coming after Nishi? An Enemy? A Friend? Alien? Vampire?

it has to be fake

GAT-X252
December 21, 2008, 03:20 PM
Hmmm...the spoiler came with the image...but it could be fake...:D

Of course it is not likely.

Oh...well the cops are coming for him...we don't if Nishi didn't cause the windows to break with his Gantz weapons maybe?

Who knows...maybe is someone else...:o

staytough
December 21, 2008, 03:33 PM
If it came with the pic I think it wasn't fake... but who knows, some fake pics look pretty good.

'Suddenly, an extremely powerful force destroys glass of the windows of Nishi's classroom.'

Doesn't sound like Nishi did it to me. But it's just a summary.
But hey, this could as well be the beginning of the Katastrophe

Mikako
December 21, 2008, 04:15 PM
Eh? Cops? Way too fast IMO, if Nishi is still in his classroom.
Not to mention the news.
Seems fake to me.

staytough
December 21, 2008, 04:36 PM
Eh? Cops? Way too fast IMO, if Nishi is still in his classroom.
Not to mention the news.
Seems fake to me.

if cherry is watching fireworks it has to be evening already so Nishi must have taken his time with killing them, so the cops didn't arrive to soon (a little to late if it really is evening/night already) ...
but the more I think about it, the more I think it has to be fake

EliteBeatAgents
December 21, 2008, 05:59 PM
The spoiler

[0288]The crushing sound of the Future

"The only thing he sees is Trash"

Nishi kills everyone with the exception of the fat girl, then looks outside from the window and sees that the cops are already there.

Kurono watch the news an learns what is happening at Nishi's school, then reading the 2ch he also learns that the killer was Nishi.

Then we see Sakurai and Tonkotsu watching some fireworks (:darn)

In the meanwhile, Nishi says "Damn why this turned like this"

Suddenly, an extremely powerful force destroys glass of the windows of Nishi's classroom.

"The crushing sound announces the weekend"

The situation of Nishi gets worst! and also something new...!?

:o

That has to be fake, nishi wouldn't just throw everything away knowing that the big hunt is coming up in a couple of days.
[hr]

:oh

yeah I know :/

Damura
December 21, 2008, 06:30 PM
^
Your comment is kind of a spoiler...

No one questions the 2ch reference? It has to be fake. There's no way the police got there in time unless Nishi stopped for ice cream on the way back to class, called the police himself, waited a few hours, and THEN made his way back to the classroom.

EliteBeatAgents
December 21, 2008, 06:39 PM
^
You're comment is kind of a spoiler...

No one questions the 2ch reference?

You mean the story about the fat guy taking pics and was later found hung in a forest?

Masterchief
December 21, 2008, 07:46 PM
woah, isnt it too early for a spoiler? also someone should probably move that to the spoiler thread so this topic doesnt get filled with spoiler tags. also I agree with damura.

Damura
December 21, 2008, 11:01 PM
It's never too early for a spoiler! Anyway, we are apparently getting new gantz every week for a while, so its not that early.

TheGenius
December 22, 2008, 12:36 AM
Hmmm....I guess we'd have to check Gat-san's source, but it could be real.....

I wonder if Gantz authorities will debunk Nishi....

But Nishi's is not psycho enough yet to just go postal and destroy everyone....so I'll wait it out.... Gat, can you post the pic????

Uruner
December 22, 2008, 10:19 AM
supposed Next 4 dates:

gantz 287 - December 18
gantz 288 - December 25
gantz 289 - January 8
gantz 290 - Not before January 22

but it was posted long time ago so...

besides ... we don't get "new gantz every week " but "new gantz every new joung jump"

SeaWo|f
December 22, 2008, 11:35 AM
Well if the spoiler and its translation are accurate it looks like we will get to see the beginning of catastrophe in the final pages of the next chapter.

I dont know how the cops and a camera crew would have gotten there fast enough for kei to be watching the aftermath of nishis rampage live on TV, but i guess it is reasonable that he could be in some kind of stand off with the cops and using fatty as a hostage thus giving time for the TV crew to get there. The cops would probly be there very fast after bodies started hitting the ground, perhaps even called when nishi was thrown out. Or even by someone in the room now very afraid of what might happen whe nishi gets back up there. Maybe the windows blowing out signifying the beginning of catastrophe will get nishi off the hook?

If the windows blowing out are really related to that then i wonder if the gantz 'hunters' are now being targeted individually?

Mmod
December 22, 2008, 01:13 PM
If Nishi was right about the atomic bombs, there should be an earthquake before the windows explode.

Immotalas
December 22, 2008, 01:54 PM
maybe nishi decided to wreak havok upon the rest of his school? that would explain how the cops got there, and he's still playing. The windows breaking might be his doing. or it might be an alien, or even the work of gantz, telling nishi to cut it out.

Vancyer
December 22, 2008, 05:54 PM
sure we can wonder, but we're gonna have to wait it out :)

i hope its a big alien. its possible. aliens start coming out in full force. Nishi would have to fight it.

Damura
December 22, 2008, 06:40 PM
sure we can wonder, but we're gonna have to wait it out :)

i hope its a big alien. its possible. aliens start coming out in full force. Nishi would have to fight it.

No he wouldn't. He's not on duty: no points. He could just leave.

Masterchief
December 22, 2008, 09:06 PM
what if he couldnt leave? i think he would die doesnt seem like he has any weapons

Amnesiac
December 22, 2008, 09:18 PM
what if he couldnt leave? i think he would die doesnt seem like he has any weapons

Of course not.

I mean, it's not like he stuffed his bag with weapons, he needs that space for all his books and notes. :eyeroll

Masterchief
December 22, 2008, 11:00 PM
see now i cant even tell if ur being sarcastic or not, im going to assume u are. I think things in gantz are drawn out of proportion, the suit is one example but if he pulls out a gun im gonna be like wtf. cuz the way his bag looks it looks like theres no gun there. reika is another example of this(a certain part of reika).

btw thnx to whoever moved all the posts

[edit #2 k after rereading 287 i guess it is somewhat possible to fit an x gun into his bag, also lol @ the girls note saying how nishi is a nice person inside]

Amnesiac
December 23, 2008, 07:59 AM
Yea I was being sarcastic.

From the size of the bag in the cover page it at least has a X-gun and a sword inside. :tem

shouryuujo
December 23, 2008, 11:51 AM
sword is definite possibility since it is just the hilt. Maybe an x-gun as well. But from what we seen nishi fight he is more of an opportunist than a head one fighter - we havent really seen him taken any "strong" guys down in a head on fight and if it is an alien showing up (not tear gas whatnot) then nishi might be in trouble.

On a side note, i guess it doesnt matter at this point if nishi gets 100 points and escape since he will be a wanted criminal...

Damura
December 23, 2008, 09:40 PM
All Nishi needs is to switch frequencies and slip out the back door, were a big scary monster to attack his school for reasons unknown.

102jayday
December 24, 2008, 08:46 AM
i dont think nishi would leave if it was a alien because of fat tae (sort of a repeat with kei) from what it seems as if nishi is about to die because the calm before the storm and fireworks happen.
i doubt the police could of done that thing with the wall, wait no way would they because they might think there are some alive in there or something.
also the fireworks and that thing with the window n wall could be the beginning of the katasphere.
i think kei is gonna run to the school now.
smart way to use the gun nishi did but why didnt the bag blow up too lol material must be safe against it lol. hmm he must have only a little bit of the suit on because those punches looked like they were hurting him

InstandLunch
December 24, 2008, 09:44 AM
OH MANANANANANANNA!
Awesome Chapter!

Someone better translate this asap...
And a time machine would be nice...

njt
December 24, 2008, 10:11 AM
Just so you know. I don't think it's the cops that did that. Since in Japan, police officers are forbidden even to use THEIR OWN GUN! (but that is the real world, not gantz... real world wouldn't have students throwing students out the window either... :p)

Tanma
December 24, 2008, 10:56 AM
I don't think the explosion is related to Katastrophe, that would be too obvious.

Amnesiac
December 24, 2008, 11:04 AM
Explosion, cops, wtf?

Are you discussing spoilers in the open?

#EDIT#

ROFL! This is the new chapter thread, why did I only notice it now?!

jide
December 24, 2008, 02:09 PM
Just so you know. I don't think it's the cops that did that. Since in Japan, police officers are forbidden even to use THEIR OWN GUN! (but that is the real world, not gantz... real world wouldn't have students throwing students out the window either... :p)

Oh it’s good to know that schools in Japan aren’t like that! XD
Want a great chapter but WTH is with that explosion? Its must be a giant shockwave from a nuke or something similar?
Nishi was smart using the bag to cover up his gun as well. (LOL they where killed by a bag) That way Gantz can’t really kill him off by showing his weapon to the students, I still think he went a bit over board killing everyone even though he is a total psycho and got chucked out a window…^_^;

Amnesiac
December 24, 2008, 02:34 PM
Well, the police saw the alien that killed Kurono's class. And then there's the incidents from the Oni and Nuri missions (and probably many others around the world).

As soon as the police heard bloody killings were occurring in Nishi's school, they must have assumed it was some rampaging alien again and dispatched special forces right away, just to be safe.

In one page you can see some guys climbing the school, and before the window explodes we see three lights not far, could it be helicopters or something? One of those two was responsible for the explosion.

I'm guessing helicopters blew the windows and special forces guys will storm right in, only to find there's no deadly alien inside and then get killed by a deadly kid.

Kozar927
December 24, 2008, 04:15 PM
The first one nishi killed was koronos bully right? awsome I new hed make it to gantz

KevinSephiroth
December 24, 2008, 04:40 PM
LMAO awesome chapter!! Go Nishi go !!

GAT-X252
December 24, 2008, 04:47 PM
The first one nishi killed was koronos bully right? awsome I new hed make it to gantz

You mean Ryo?

No...this guy have the face of Tetsuo. Is another guy i'm sure of it.

Mikako
December 24, 2008, 05:14 PM
Nishi was smart using the bag to cover up his gun as well. (LOL they where killed by a bag) That way Gantz can’t really kill him off by showing his weapon to the students
What I am interested in is why there's no hole in that bag xd

Aw, Nishi, Nishi. I expected you to be more subtle. With that pretty face... (see especially that class picture)

Abaout that explosion, I'd prefer a Katastrophe sign rather than start of a police-filler.

102jayday
December 24, 2008, 05:59 PM
look the police would not blow up a school?! their are people inside if they were to break the windows to get in it would be them holding on some ropes and going through the window, and that was more than glass breaking.
those 3 lights were nothing but fireworks if you look at the page before.
after nishi killed them he was waiting?? also a phone call it could of been his mother and if it is it seems that oku is setting up nishi's death

Vancyer
December 24, 2008, 07:07 PM
good chapter... but DAMN IT, whats is causing the window to explode....!

i don't think Nishi will die just yet.. i actually think he will go a lot further.

Damura
December 24, 2008, 07:47 PM

Shouldn't be him. Ryou and Natsu have a different school uniform. The tie is different.
[hr]
Tokyo cops don't mess around, do they... They're there in 5 minutes, blowing up the building. Reporters got there pretty fucking fast too, and how do they know it was Nishi? Did one of the classmates escape? All those glass shards have probably ruined the fat girls face, lol
[hr]

look the police would not blow up a school?! their are people inside if they were to break the windows to get in it would be them holding on some ropes and going through the window, and that was more than glass breaking.
those 3 lights were nothing but fireworks if you look at the page before.
after nishi killed them he was waiting?? also a phone call it could of been his mother and if it is it seems that oku is setting up nishi's death

Actually if they have a guy looking in through the window, it looks like there is no one left in the classroom but Nishi. The fat girl is hidden from view, and Nishi's stopped shooting.

bumbari19
December 24, 2008, 08:14 PM
one word for this chapter: AWESOME!
but honestly, i'm thinking, did nishi have any choice? i mean, you can't just be thrown out of a window and apperantly die and then come back as if nothing happened? his secret was clearly in danger and consequently his life, too...
so, here's my next question: can he afford to leave fat tae alive? she also endangers his secret, but from the other point of view he could trust her. gantz gives a f*** about that, so wouldn't the best solution be killing her knowing that gantz recruits her afterwards.

(i think the explosion is hoi hoi on a rampage looking for bamboo)

warbandit66
December 25, 2008, 05:34 AM
Merry Christmas guys...

Damura
December 25, 2008, 06:04 AM
I slightly dislike Christmas.

@bumbari19: leaving fat Tae alive doesn't matter: Some kid from another classroom saw Nishi killing people and called the police. Plus, they just exploded the fucking window. I have a hunch they know it's Nishi.

I can't read japanese and there s no translation yet, but does anyone know how Kei found some random website with Nishi's school(?) photograph in it so soon?

THEorangePANDA
December 25, 2008, 07:32 AM
THIS.CHAPTER.IS.EPIC!!!
Watching Nishi unmercifully klling off his class mates gave me a big stiffy
So was nishi wearing the suit AND he had the gun ?

oh Merry christmas ppl:)

Seta Soujirou
December 25, 2008, 08:09 AM
Is Katastrophe right off the bat?

It will be cool if the aliens start attacking all the Gantzers instead of always having the Gantzers go sniff them out...

Merry X'mas everyone :D

taichi1082
December 25, 2008, 08:16 AM
Wow, awesome chapter. I knew that he would go on a rampage ^o^
Can't wait for the next one...

KevinSephiroth
December 25, 2008, 08:26 AM
I hope we can soon get a translation (no scanlation, just a bit of translation txt would suffice) after the eerie of Xmas has passed. . .

staytough
December 25, 2008, 10:17 AM
who did Nishi talk to when he said "what... are you... doing here...?"
I know it seems like he is talking to himself but a few pics later he called someone, maybe he saw something outside the window?

Or did he talk to the cops through his phone, if he it would explain why they would storm the school (if he tells them that he killed all his classmates they wouldn't have to protect any innocents)

and btw the police didn't arrive that fast, ist evening, there was a time skip if you paid attention.

bumbari19
December 25, 2008, 10:25 AM
hehe, nishi's battle against hypocrisy has reached a good point :D
the only persons he killed so far were all those people who tried to kill him: i.e. the fat biker and his class, including the people who supported his lynching.
now we could go even further: in the onion mission he refused to inform anybody about the procedure of the mission. seeing the way he despises hypocrisy, we could deduce that he was already betrayed once before.

Mikako
December 25, 2008, 12:31 PM
It's easy not to be a hypocrite, when you are a bastard.

Uruner
December 25, 2008, 03:09 PM
It's easy to become bastard if you are smart enough to understand almost everthing, no one listens to you, and you get to be bullied often.

There are two possibilities about that window exploding:
Just like someone said before - It's police. After little talk with negotiator on cell phone, they're using extreme measures against situation similar to one that happened with Kurono's class.

Second one - Some unidentified enemy attacking him. Silvester being beginning of Katastrophe.
"Happy new year Gantz'ers" :D

Personally I'm sticking with first one.

And about the question Nishi asked "Why the hell.... // are you still here...?"
It's just that she didn't run after initial massacre - she stayed with him - and my guess is that several hours passed since it's night already.

EliteBeatAgents
December 25, 2008, 04:03 PM
Why didn't Nishi go stealth? we all know the man carries that little gadget.

Uruner
December 25, 2008, 04:07 PM
Why bother hiding yourself if you are waiting for something?

EliteBeatAgents
December 25, 2008, 04:33 PM
Why bother hiding yourself if you are waiting for something?

so you won't be seen?
[hr]

who did Nishi talk to when he said "what... are you... doing here...?"

my guess would have to be the police, the part where he says moving in against a middle schooler? should be hint I guess.

NumeroUno
December 25, 2008, 05:32 PM
Awesome chapter.

I wonder if Nishi is planning something. I hope so cause it would suck if he dies since he is even more bad ass than Kei now. I think Kurono has turned into a lil bitch. lol

Malborgia
December 25, 2008, 06:09 PM
Nishi is 14 years old?
For real?
He looks like at least 17 and behaves more like an adult.

Emmanra
December 25, 2008, 08:47 PM
At first I thought it was cool that nishi went up to his class to handle his business but the more i read this chapter the sicker i get. It actually wasnt a good idea for nishi to murder his classmates maybe beat the shit out of them, break some bones but not murder. Sure they did deserve it. If nishi didnt have his suit on he would have die or worst been a paraplegic. I just think if he was just going to wait for the cops just to be caught its stupid.

Cherry amusement park? are you shitting me if Katstrophe is about to start any minute now the amusement park is the last place he should be. I hope he has his suit on.

Its weird it been a while seen we seen Tae over Kei house. I hope next chapter is the start of Katstrophe.

NumeroUno
December 25, 2008, 08:55 PM
Yeah Idk wtf Nishi could be thinking.. I would have finished my business and disappeared until the catastrophe really starts..

KevinSephiroth
December 25, 2008, 09:50 PM
oh my god!!! Awesome chapter, now that it's been trans/scan-lated (awesome trans NJT as always) and with all the pages I can fully understand.

It's clear to me: Nishi indeed used a X Gun, to kill 'em all. Then he spared fat tae's life, (maybe he'll kill her later but I don't think so), and then the police showed up (surely after the teacher of the class next door called them).

As for the explosion ... No clue.

LMAO at the stud saying "stop everyone! I know Karate" ROFL

EDIT: Is it me or the Amusement Park Cherry (not anymore lol) went to looks alot alike Disney Land ?

SeaWo|f
December 25, 2008, 09:59 PM
Finally got to reading the chapter, I have to say it was just classic gantz watching nishi go up there and obliterate his classmates. Its completely fits with him up to this point, and I love his confused reaction to fatty.

Oh and anyone who thinks the cops are going to blow in the windows in that fashion while he still has a hostage up there is completely retarded. A single small shard of glass from that would be more than enough to kill a person. The chapter does really give us that good a sense of time but the police have not even attempted to go though the normal methods of first trying to talk to the persons involved and assess the situation.

Add to that the previous couple pages and the blurb on the last page indicating that this is the beginning of the end i think its pretty safe to say that the sh!t is going to hit the fan starting next chapter.

EDIT: BTW i dont know if it will be a good or a bad thing for katastrophe to run for 2 years like the last mission but i cant wait to see it.

El Samurai Guapo
December 26, 2008, 12:53 AM
EDIT: Is it me or the Amusement Park Cherry (not anymore lol) went to looks alot alike Disney Land ?

It's not just you, I thought the exact same thing. Isn't there a Disney Land/World in Tokyo?

Damura
December 26, 2008, 02:56 AM
Finally got to reading the chapter, I have to say it was just classic gantz watching nishi go up there and obliterate his classmates. Its completely fits with him up to this point, and I love his confused reaction to fatty.

Oh and anyone who thinks the cops are going to blow in the windows in that fashion while he still has a hostage up there is completely retarded. A single small shard of glass from that would be more than enough to kill a person. The chapter does really give us that good a sense of time but the police have not even attempted to go though the normal methods of first trying to talk to the persons involved and assess the situation.

Add to that the previous couple pages and the blurb on the last page indicating that this is the beginning of the end i think its pretty safe to say that the sh!t is going to hit the fan starting next chapter.

EDIT: BTW i dont know if it will be a good or a bad thing for katastrophe to run for 2 years like the last mission but i cant wait to see it.

Fat tae is hidden from view to anyone looking through the window that was exploded, since she was hiding the corner by the wall. Police could have assumed Nishi was the only one left in the room and charged.

The shit isn't necessarily going to hit the fan. Maybe it's the beginning of the end for Nishi. Maybe some of the Tokyo team will rush in to save all the hostages the news reported Nishi had. Maybe someone from the other teams will stop by and go after Nishi. For some reason, I don't think Nishi has his little invisibility device... wouldn't he have used it by now? What the hell is he waiting for? What I want to know is who did Nishi call when the cops showed up? I was thinking maybe he called the police, but why would the police tell Nishi they were moving in? Furthermore, how would they have Nishi's phone number to call him in the first place? Did he call them? Why!?

My thoughts on Katastrophe: I think we still have a few days, chronologically, before it happens. Kei was thinking to himself "It's really starting to feel like everything's actually going to be turned upside down, any day now" (frankyhouse translation btw) It said any day now, not any minute, or today or whatever.

croissant
December 26, 2008, 04:54 AM
Just read the chapter. Merry christmas guys! haven't been around since all the happy gatherings and stuff. Been busy being happy.

Anyway, great chapter! Its what you'd expect and want from a gantz chapter. Kinda odd feeling though. We wanted Nishi to beat the crap out of these students for what they did to nishi, but when you see it... you kinda feel sorry for the bastards. All that gore! You wanna say "good for them" but you get sick in the stomach. Hadn't had that feeling since izumi. Great chapter! It's been awhile.

@Damura - Don't you think it was kurono that was calling nishi? I mean, when he was searching the net and saw the news on the tv and confirmed it was nishi from the internet, im guessing it was kurono calling him to confirm... I bet the face on kurono was priceless in disbelief.

bumbari19
December 26, 2008, 09:38 AM
i also had the feeling it was kei nishi was talking to.
but i don't see the reason we should feel sorry for nishi's class. they pushed him already once to suicide (that's how he entered gantz) and tried to kill him again now. those guys killed the same person twice and would have gotten away with it without legal consequences. k, perhaps we should feel a little sorry, but when reading how the girls cheered for nishi's dead it's definitly the point where i come to the conclusion that the creepy guy isn't nishi, but the rest of the class (excluding fat tae, of course)
nishi deserved his revenge and knowing that in a few days the same guys would have died an even more painfull death, he perhaps even did them a favour.
new theory: the explosion isn't caused by the police or a nuke, but by kei who's getting nishi out of that mess, which would explain why nishi said "why did it have to turn out like this"

Mikako
December 26, 2008, 10:33 AM
they pushed him already once to suicide (that's how he entered gantz)
When were we told that?
Well, the classmates bullied Nishi because they were in fact afraid of him and they're thinking he's a sick bastard. And at the point we can tell, they were right (not that I'm defending throwing him from a window). We don't know how it started.

About the explosion - if not Katastrophe, maybe Nishi has some vampire or connected with Gantz enemies, who now've learned his location from news and came for him? I don't quite think so, but telling from that there's no sign of human etc. shown with that explosion, that's something better than police.

bumbari19
December 26, 2008, 11:20 AM
they pushed him already once to suicide (that's how he entered gantz)

When were we told that?

geez, i'm sorry, i got a little confused with the anime. it was in episode 11 that nishi admits while dying that he committed suicide, while the manga doesn't make any reference to that. it's stated simply as "fall to death".

Tumerking
December 26, 2008, 12:33 PM
Sweet chapter. That explosion has to be something to do with katastrophe. Police don't blow up walls if they want to kill the target. They could of sniped him. He was standing right next to the window the whole time. My guess is that katastrophe has just started.

...Also I thought Nishi was talking to Kei.

Phyrox
December 26, 2008, 01:17 PM
Sweet chapter. That explosion has to be something to do with katastrophe. Police don't blow up walls if they want to kill the target. They could of sniped him. He was standing right next to the window the whole time. My guess is that katastrophe has just started.

...Also I thought Nishi was talking to Kei.

I think gat said one time, he died in an accident he did rob a shop or something like that...

Ask gat , it was in an extra gantz book right?

georgemarvin
December 26, 2008, 04:22 PM
i don't see the reason we should feel sorry for nishi's class. they pushed him already once to suicide (that's how he entered gantz) and tried to kill him again now
Actually, in the manga he fell to his death while being chased by the cops after robbing a store. His death is explained in the Gantz manual. The anime wasn't written by Oku.

I thought he was talking to the police; they were evidently telling him that they were going to storm the building if he didn't surrender. He told them that all of the hostages were dead, so they didn't know that the fat girl was still there, so they would have been going in there with the intention to take him, "dead or alive", but I don't think they would have blown out the windows like that; they would either use a sniper or physically storm the building. It's possible that either Kei or Gantz himself would be there; it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Nishi has disabled his bomb and Gantz has sent the Osaka team to take him out.

I have had my doubts about Nishi's bomb for a while. He knows quite a bit about Gantz technology; he may have de-activated it so he can do as he pleases without having to worry about his head popping. Especially if he has been making "unauthorized" hunts for fun between missions.

Looks like I was right all along: He's a natural born killer, not a coward. I've always said he's just barely able to hold his homicidal tendencies in check; that's why he loves Gantz so much.

Nishi can still get out of this by just going invisible; the cops would think that he was one of the mangled corpses in the room.

warbandit66
December 26, 2008, 04:57 PM
Good to have you back georgemarvin...

Turning invisible with that girl around could cause problems i.e. death for Nishi. Unless of course your theory holds true.

SeaWo|f
December 26, 2008, 05:47 PM
getting caught with the weapons and the suit would cause a bigger problem for gantz.. i think. I wonder if gantz would transport him out of there to keep anything from falling into the polices hands. Then give him some kind of punishment or just outright kill him.

But i seriously doubt the police would over due it in that fashion just to get at him. Do the japanese police even keep explosives of that power around?

It would be interesting if osaka had a 'nishi alien' mission, but they are pretty depleted and might not be that much of a match for nishi if he sees them coming.

I would like to see another translation of that last blurb because the NJT one doesnt really make sense. I think its something more like 'the sound of the trumpet marks the beginning for the apocalyptic finale'. After all that mistake could simply be made by miss reading a double negative which in japanese reinforces its self unlike english where it cancels.

After all how could the apocalypse be ending if it hasnt yet begun?

Damura
December 26, 2008, 05:51 PM
Just read the chapter. Merry christmas guys! haven't been around since all the happy gatherings and stuff. Been busy being happy.

Anyway, great chapter! Its what you'd expect and want from a gantz chapter. Kinda odd feeling though. We wanted Nishi to beat the crap out of these students for what they did to nishi, but when you see it... you kinda feel sorry for the bastards. All that gore! You wanna say "good for them" but you get sick in the stomach. Hadn't had that feeling since izumi. Great chapter! It's been awhile.

@Damura - Don't you think it was kurono that was calling nishi? I mean, when he was searching the net and saw the news on the tv and confirmed it was nishi from the internet, im guessing it was kurono calling him to confirm... I bet the face on kurono was priceless in disbelief.

Kei couldn't have known the police were "moving in". So nope, I don't think it was Kei. He wasn't ever shown speaking to Nishi anyway.

SeaWo|f
December 26, 2008, 06:02 PM
dunno, if the reporters were positioned so that he could see their movement he might be able to tell him that. I dont think the police would tell him when they were going to move in, that would just put their men at risk.

njt
December 26, 2008, 08:59 PM
I would like to see another translation of that last blurb because the NJT one doesnt really make sense. I think its something more like 'the sound of the trumpet marks the beginning for the apocalyptic finale'. After all that mistake could simply be made by miss reading a double negative which in japanese reinforces its self unlike english where it cancels.

It'd make more sense if the sfx were translated (or mentioned) on that page. The blasts come in a way it's making like a "trumpet" symphony of sorts :p. And thus ties into the "Finale" that the chapter was labeled by~

KevinSephiroth
December 26, 2008, 10:48 PM
Good theory George. I hope we get to know more about nishi's bomb/Gantz' reaction in next chapter though .

SeaWo|f
December 26, 2008, 11:04 PM
That wasnt exactly what i was confused about, but it has made me realize which apocalyptic finally they were referring to. Now that i have looked at it again I realize its just talking about the 'apocalypse' that nishi had caused at the school.

When I had read it before i was equating apocalyptic finally to katastrope which as it reads wouldtn make sense since the sentence is implying that the event was ending and katastrophe hasnt even begun. Thats why i thought there might be a negation mistake.

ssjasper2003
December 27, 2008, 02:06 AM
I was expecting him to just break a few faces like kei did to that tooth collecting dentists son but not just outright kill people & wait there. I wonder what his plan is since he cant run away since gantz will keep transferring him to the room when a mission starts and if he gets a 100 points and leaves he is still gonna be wanted unless he knows he is doing to die on the next mission. You can never tell what is going to happen its too random to predict. Dam I dont know if I want oku to go back to the factory in germany in the next chapter or not.

Dam cherry is the man.

Damura
December 27, 2008, 03:21 AM
Nishi's going to have a hard time existing as long as the police force is around and he's a wanted man. I guess he's really hoping the world starts to end some time soon.

Mikako
December 27, 2008, 09:30 AM
Nishi really threw away all of normal life. It would be funny if world didn't end after all.

Chaoswind
December 27, 2008, 09:46 AM
His only way out is his cloack >_>

Starzen
December 27, 2008, 01:27 PM
Great chapter, to me it seems that nishi was intentionally waiting for someone as he had plenty of time to cover up his tracks by killing the entire school before escaping be masquerading as a survivor like kei did. The only difference being that killing his classmates, go invincible and get rid of the witnesses. case closed.

Amnesiac
December 27, 2008, 02:17 PM
His only way out is his cloack >_>

Extra credit if he kills the cops on his way out. :D

NumeroUno
December 27, 2008, 04:47 PM
I hope he kills his teacher.. :o

:eyeroll

KevinSephiroth
December 27, 2008, 09:26 PM
I hope he becomes berserk and wipes out the school+cops . Then becomes awesomely powerfull in the manga then resurrects Izumi !!!

Vancyer
December 28, 2008, 04:44 AM
that would be amazingly Epic... and then him and Izumi (although out of character for both of them) became a really strong "anti-hero" like team...

El Samurai Guapo
December 28, 2008, 05:00 AM
If it is the Police moving in to apprehend Nishi, then he really doesn't have much to worry about. Being that he is wearing the suit, there isn't much they could do to him. He has complete full-body ballistic protection, and possess super-human strength. Not to mention he is also carrying an x-gun. Hell, there isn't much the entire Japanese government could do dispatch someone equipped with a gantz suit.

Who knows what he's up to though. It would be very easy for him to use the controller to change frequencies (i.e. become invisible), but he hasn't done it yet. The only two possible reasons I can think of are that: (1) he doesn't have the controller on his person, or (2) he is purposely waiting for something/someone.

warbandit66
December 28, 2008, 06:47 AM
To be honest if he just started killing cops his level of assholery would increase ten fold, killing cops=not cool. He's already no better than those kids that go and shoot up schools in America as it is. I know made a murder attempt on him but he didn't kill them because of that he killed them because he's batshit insane.

bumbari19
December 28, 2008, 07:50 AM
i don't think nishi would kill any of the cops, since imo he follows some kind of ethical code, which says "kill only those who don't deserve to live". sincerely, the cops haven't done anything wrong to nishi so far (they're only doing their job). that's the difference between nishi and izumi: izumi had no hesitation to go out diguised in a crowded place and starting shooting randomly at the crowd. nishi has been shown only punishing those who attempted to kill him. perhaps even the cat he killed tried to kill him, too :D

NumeroUno
December 28, 2008, 08:13 AM
To be honest if he just started killing cops his level of assholery would increase ten fold, killing cops=not cool. He's already no better than those kids that go and shoot up schools in America as it is. I know made a murder attempt on him but he didn't kill them because of that he killed them because he's batshit insane.

Lmao Nishi IS crazy. I bet he is waiting for the news crew to come in so he can broadcast his "views" on people on national TV. :darn He will repeat the word hypocrites 80 times then kill another cat in front of the camera. :p

..let my imagination run off again... Most people that go on killing sprees are people with disorders and who have been pushed over the edge. Problem with school shootings is they end killing people that never even bothered them. Nishi on the other hand is just a natural killing machine.

[hr]

i don't think nishi would kill any of the cops, since imo he follows some kind of ethical code, which says "kill only those who don't deserve to live". sincerely, the cops haven't done anything wrong to nishi so far (they're only doing their job). that's the difference between nishi and izumi: izumi had no hesitation to go out diguised in a crowded place and starting shooting randomly at the crowd. nishi has been shown only punishing those who attempted to kill him. perhaps even the cat he killed tried to kill him, too :D

Exactly.. Izumi is far worse than Nishi but Nishi still acts pretty hasty and hot headed. I was kinda happy when Izumi died. He strut around like he was the best in the end he was pathetic. Izumi would have loved to kill Nishi's classmates for him though. Could pay him a quarter to do the whole school.

Amnesiac
December 28, 2008, 08:39 AM
A very strange definition of crazy you guys have got there. :darn

Nishi has a good reasoning for his actions and has no logic-lacking beliefs, so he's definitely not crazy.

He's just a nihilist and a bit apathetic.

Mikako
December 28, 2008, 09:10 AM
that's the difference between nishi and izumi: izumi had no hesitation to go out diguised in a crowded place and starting shooting randomly at the crowd. nishi has been shown only punishing those who attempted to kill him. perhaps even the cat he killed tried to kill him, too
Lol :P
I kinda agree with the 'worse' part, but on the other hand at Izumi's case heavens'd told him to do so; he had a goal and what Nishi did was totally unnecessary (his classmates wouldn't be dangerous to him in any way)

NumeroUno
December 28, 2008, 09:33 AM
Lol :P
I kinda agree with the 'worse' part, but on the other hand at Izumi's case heavens'd told him to do so; he had a goal and what Nishi did was totally unnecessary (his classmates wouldn't be dangerous to him in any way)

LMAO those kids are... I mean were dangerous as f*** :p. Seriously like I said before if Nishi wasn't wearing that suit he would be dead. You can not tell me those kids didn't know better. They knew he would die from that height. Thats why they were so damn surprised when he got up. They were the biggest hypocrites Nishi has encountered yet. They told him since he killed animals he would kill humans.. Seemed to me they wanted to skip too killing humans more than Nishi lol.

bumbari19
December 28, 2008, 09:43 AM
Nishi has a good reasoning for his actions and has no logic-lacking beliefs, so he's definitely not crazy.

He's just a nihilist and a bit apathetic.
that's a good definition for nishi's personality. but there is one point that bothered me a little:
nishi killed a cat! k, cats can be jerks and i personally hate cats, but i wonder what the cat could have done so that it deserved to die under nishi's judgement. i wasn't surprised when the surviving biker from the bird mission did it, but i didn't expect such a thing from nishi.

NumeroUno
December 28, 2008, 10:21 AM
I don't think he did it for fun. More like he was addicted to the "rush" of killing. He seems to have calmed his lust for blood a lot after he died.. until the whole school thing. Something else about Nishi is that he actually seemed regretful after it. Something we didn't see in Izumi after killing randomly.

Nomiya
December 28, 2008, 10:26 AM
Nishi is a psychopath who enjoys killing, that's all.

NumeroUno
December 28, 2008, 10:58 AM
Actually Nishi leans more towards being a sociopath. Yet he still holds somewhat of a conscience even though he has only shown it twice..

Nomiya
December 28, 2008, 11:35 AM
Actually Nishi leans more towards being a sociopath.

Do you really know the difference between a Psychopath and a Sociopath? He showed us more aspects of an a psychopathic personality than a sociopath. Maybe i'm wrong, but that's what i think.

NumeroUno
December 28, 2008, 12:40 PM
Not all psychopaths are killers. Psychopaths that are killers are more calm when they act things out. Serial killers usually fall into the psychopath category and most serial killers don't go around shooting classrooms. Nishi is messy and rarely thinks when he acts. Sociopath-psychopath whatever all I know is Nishi is a something "opath". lol

Nishi isn't a total sociopath/psychopath though like I said before he just leans towards it. A sociopath/psychopath dont have a conscience and do not care or have any feelings for anyone. Yet Nishi for some reason let that girl live.. Seems like there was some sympathy.

Mikako
December 28, 2008, 01:51 PM
LMAO those kids are... I mean were dangerous as f*** :p. Seriously like I said before if Nishi wasn't wearing that suit he would be dead.
But he was wearing a suit so there was nothing they could do to him.
Whate they wanted/thought/tried is one thing, but in fact they weren't dangerous to Nishi at all and he knew it.

Nishi is a psychopath who enjoys killing, that's all.
I think that too.

THEorangePANDA
December 28, 2008, 01:52 PM
Well you got'a admit watching Nishi blow the #$*& out of his stupid class mates was...beautiful:eyeroll

NumeroUno
December 28, 2008, 02:24 PM
Well you got'a admit watching Nishi blow the #$*& out of his stupid class mates was...beautiful:eyeroll

lmao :s
[hr]

But he was wearing a suit so there was nothing they could do to him.
Whate they wanted/thought/tried is one thing, but in fact they weren't dangerous to Nishi at all and he knew it.

I think that too.

I seriously dont know how I would feel if somebody tried to throw me out a 4 story window. Its kind of like saying its ok for somebody to point a gun to your head cause its empty. LOL

Mikako
December 28, 2008, 02:38 PM
I seriously dont know how I would feel if somebody tried to throw me out a 4 story window. Its kind of like saying its ok for somebody to point a gun to your head cause its empty. LOL
Gun or head?
More 'ok' than killing cats, I guess...
Also, I didn't say, the classmates doing was 'ok', only that Nishi wasn't in real need to kill them. (and Izumi was. No, I'm not defending doing a massacre in Shinjuku)
And anytime before he wasn't doing such things, so I had better opinion on him (bastard rational, not bastard psycho), that's all.

EliteBeatAgents
December 28, 2008, 04:10 PM
getting caught with the weapons and the suit would cause a bigger problem for gantz.. i think. I wonder if gantz would transport him out of there to keep anything from falling into the polices hands. Then give him some kind of punishment or just outright kill him.

But i seriously doubt the police would over due it in that fashion just to get at him. Do the japanese police even keep explosives of that power around?

No, Gantz will kill nishi if he shows any sign of Gantz(which is way Nishi hid his gun), If Nishi dies gantz will just take nishi's suit and weapon away and leave no trace about Gantz(Just like Izumi) Also If I remember regular japanese polices follow the british way. Also I doubt Nishi found away to disable the Gantz bomb, something tells me if you were to mess around with the bomb it would just blow up.

bumbari19
December 28, 2008, 04:47 PM
removing the bomb is pointless anyhow: the next time you get into the room, the bomb is where it was before and having a brain-surgery every two weeks is a bit annoying imo :D i don't think gantz would make it very easy to disable...

if it wasn't the police to blow up the window+wall, who was it then?
the hunters? i think rather not, cause the x-gun doesn't have such an explosive force.
the vampires? maybe, since they looked rather equipped when fighting against izumi and it's possible they want to profit of the situation to get rid of another hunter...
an alien? rather not, since gantz knows it early enough before an alien starts rampaging, but from the technical point of view it could be explained very easily (the bomb-alien, lol)

and here's the next question: is the blast caused by someone who wants to kill or save nishi?

NumeroUno
December 28, 2008, 07:07 PM
Gun or head?
More 'ok' than killing cats, I guess...
Also, I didn't say, the classmates doing was 'ok', only that Nishi wasn't in real need to kill them. (and Izumi was. No, I'm not defending doing a massacre in Shinjuku)
And anytime before he wasn't doing such things, so I had better opinion on him (bastard rational, not bastard psycho), that's all.

I don't remember once where Izumi was in need to kill anyone besides the vampires. Unlike Nishi, Izumi hasn't given a f*** about anyone except himself. He even went to protect his girl friend after he murdered Kurono's. Put Kei through all sorts of bullshit just to get into Gantz so he could kill again. Izumi has like a little psycho rambo rat running on a wheel 24/7 in his head. All he thinks about is killing.

Also kids are stupid if they realize they can get away with killing they would most likely do it again. You say those kids were no harm to Nishi but neither was Nishi harmful to them. Could of just left him alone. Or told the principal and cops about him killing animals BUT no they had to act and throw him out a goddamn window. :eyeroll

Vancyer
December 28, 2008, 08:17 PM
i bet its izumi coming through the window... dont ask me how. i just thought that would be a bit funny :) Izumi saving his old team mate Nishi from.... whatever?

even though we know nothing of the past and izumi is dead :)

NumeroUno
December 28, 2008, 08:23 PM
Oh no! It would be a zombie Izumi and even worse than a normal Izumi! :p hoi hoi would hug him and his arm would fall off. lol

warbandit66
December 28, 2008, 08:25 PM
It's definately Nuri coming through the window. I knew that bald, freaky bastard wouldn't go down.

NumeroUno
December 28, 2008, 09:18 PM
Maybe he was looking for Kato :p

croissant
December 28, 2008, 10:18 PM
why do i have a feeling that whatever made that explosion in the classroom, nishi is gonna start exposing his ass to keep the fat tae from getting hurt? Sorta like the chibi alien all over again like kei, hehe....

If nishi is gonna ever go out with fat tae, then i want another reika, lolz. Kei is no longer perverted anymore cuz of her GF (well, reika is the only perverted one)

SeaWo|f
December 28, 2008, 10:50 PM
If he does risk his life to save that girl i will be pist ass hell! Not because i feel like fatty deserves to die or anything but because this freakin cliche has been done twice already in this manga and we dont need it again.

First Kei is saved from going down a pretty destructive route by tae and puts his life on the line to save her.. what? Three different times? Then Izumi is kinda redeemed by the way he died fighting to save... whoever that girl was, and now nishi for some bitch who just confessed to him. Honestly i think oka can do better, lets hope hes got something really cool planned and not just the same played shit.

102jayday
December 28, 2008, 11:02 PM
It's definately Nuri coming through the window. I knew that bald, freaky bastard wouldn't go down.

that would be cool but nishi would be ????Ed.
it would be sweet if there was a army of nuri's, we seen what one can do im sure 50 would cause a katasphere

El Samurai Guapo
December 29, 2008, 12:07 AM
Has anyone also considered the fact that when Nishi went back up to his classroom, after being chucked out the window, he was immediately greeted by some punk karate-kid who began to assault him. Then what does the rest of the class do? They start yelling "YEAAAH HIT HIM HIT HIM, HIT HIM, SMACK HIM, KILL HIM"

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/TenshiK9/Gantz_288_04.png

I don't doubt that Nishi went up there with the intention to pound some faces in. It's probably the fact that the classmates continued to act hostile towards him that caused him to kill them all instead.

Personally though, I think killing everyone was a waste. I mean, common, if I was in this situation:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/TenshiK9/Gantz_288_08.png

...I would have said the following to the "I didn't even do anything!!!" girl: "Fine, I'll tell you what, if you want to live...come over here and get down on your knees" :)

She'd be introduced to my other concealed weapon, LOL!

Let's stop picking on Nishi though, cause let's be honest, if all of us had the gantz suits and gantz equipment made available to us for personal use in real life, we'd all be going to hell in a hand-basket.

jpnraw
December 29, 2008, 12:35 AM
Nishi is badass....once again proving my point that most Gantz characters= badass. He better not go soft for the fat Tae, that's all I'm saying. I'm excited for the next chapter, what's with the explosion? And who was Nishi talking to on his cellphone? Plenty of things to look foward to. I hope Nishi does take on the militia so we can see some mass killing.

102jayday
December 29, 2008, 12:50 AM
Has anyone also considered the fact that when Nishi went back up to his classroom, after being chucked out the window, he was immediately greeted by some punk karate-kid who began to assault him. Then what does the rest of the class do? They start yelling "YEAAAH HIT HIM HIT HIM, HIT HIM, SMACK HIM, KILL HIM"

Personally though, I think killing everyone was a waste. I mean, common, if I was in this situation:

...I would have said the following to the "I didn't even do anything!!!" girl: "Fine, I'll tell you what, if you want to live...come over here and get down on your knees" :)

[/B]

nishi had his hand in his bag on the gun, he knew what he wanted to do.

i wouldnt, there was no pretty faces in that class, nishi prob wanted to help her look better by destroying her face lol.
nishi was the only pretty face in that class .
the phone thing i reckon it was his mother, if something like that happen the parent would check on their kid right away. cause nishi played dumb with the lines "for real? they are moving in on a middle schooler?"

ctrxpler
December 29, 2008, 06:31 AM
I'm still surprised that Nishi didn't kill the fat chick, seriously, wtf. Maybe he just wants a screw before the apocalypse, I know fat chicks still need lovin 'but they have to pay', lol.

I would be absolutely pissed if there were more Nuri's, waited so long for that act to end.

EliteBeatAgents
December 29, 2008, 12:24 PM
I'm still surprised that Nishi didn't kill the fat chick, seriously, wtf. Maybe he just wants a screw before the apocalypse, I know fat chicks still need lovin 'but they have to pay', lol.

I would be absolutely pissed if there were more Nuri's, waited so long for that act to end.

Nishi only kills when there is a hunt, or if someone is trying to kill him.

the cat thing was just a kill thrill.

warbandit66
December 29, 2008, 12:37 PM
No way the cat tried to kill him. He wouldn't do it without a good reason. Nishi's not like that.

Kozar927
December 29, 2008, 02:10 PM
In the old days Nishi used to kill much quicker and enjoy it more. now-a-days hes seems to require alor of provocation to do anything mean at all

Lint
December 29, 2008, 03:22 PM
I speculate that they sent another Gantz team after Nishi.

bumbari19
December 29, 2008, 03:34 PM
why should gantz have something against nishi? they're almost buddies. i mean in the first mission gantz called him mr nishi and hasn't made fun of him now, and nishi knows that perv guy in the sphere likes when someone sticks his finger into his ear (wtf, exactly!). or perhaps it's only the osakan gantz who is jelous of such a backstabbing weasel while he had only some apes who were disintegrated by nuri's minions...

Amnesiac
December 29, 2008, 04:10 PM

Let's stop picking on Nishi though, cause let's be honest, if all of us had the gantz suits and gantz equipment made available to us for personal use in real life, we'd all be going to hell in a hand-basket.

Best post ever.

El Samurai Guapo
December 29, 2008, 05:07 PM
Best post ever.

I went back and reread the chapter. This time, I happened to notice something that I previously did not.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/TenshiK9/Gantz_288_13.png

Check out the top-left panel. Looks to me like it is indeed the keisatsu (police) moving in.

warbandit66
December 29, 2008, 05:58 PM
@ El Samurai Guapo... I have knives at my disposal in my kitchen at home yet I don't feel the urge to go on kiling sprees, I'm also sure that it's not difficult for somebody even in the U.K to get a hold of a gun yet I don't have any desire to own one for the purposes of murder.

Mr.Aaron
December 29, 2008, 07:50 PM
Another chapter...

Another Nishi Bishounen EXP point. ;3

Would I be completely crazy if I were to say I think the damage was caused by a Mech?

EliteBeatAgents
December 29, 2008, 08:03 PM
@ El Samurai Guapo... I have knives at my disposal in my kitchen at home yet I don't feel the urge to go on kiling sprees, I'm also sure that it's not difficult for somebody even in the U.K to get a hold of a gun yet I don't have any desire to own one for the purposes of murder.

what does that have to do with his post?

warbandit66
December 29, 2008, 08:09 PM
It was directed at an earlier post he made. I should have addressed it earlier but who cares?

Amnesiac
December 29, 2008, 10:15 PM
Check out the top-left panel. Looks to me like it is indeed the keisatsu (police) moving in.

I had already mentioned that in an earlier post. :p

Yeah but a gun doesn't put you above the law.

In one way or another, the power gantz equipment brings would get over most people's head.

El Samurai Guapo
December 30, 2008, 12:13 AM
I had already mentioned that in an earlier post. :p

Oh, sorry about that, I guess I missed it. But yeah, that's definitely a police tactical unit, like the one we saw show up at kuruno's school during the chibi alien massacre.

Yeah but a gun doesn't put you above the law.

In one way or another, the power gantz equipment brings would get over most people's head.

I couldn't have said it better myself. You can't compare having guns & knives to having gantz equipment, which as you said, would put you above the law. If tomorrow I woke up and next to me I found a gantz suit, the controller, an x gun, y gun, and gantz katana, who could stop me from putting the suit on, going invisible, and robbing Fort Knox?

Hell, who could stop me from assassinating the President of the United States?

(Sigh) If I were blessed with gantz equipment, I probably wouldn't around killing random people, but I'd sure as hell be a multi-millionaire. :D

Kozar927
December 30, 2008, 01:22 AM
I agree with warbandit (as usuall ) why does every 1 on this boar seem to thing humaintay is incapable of good deeds

NumeroUno
December 30, 2008, 03:21 AM
"Nearly all men can stand the test of adversity, but if you really want to test a man's character, give him power."

warbandit66
December 30, 2008, 07:47 AM
The thing is if you commit a pre-meditated murder there's something seriously wrong with you. Nishi obviously isn't a sane man. He's standing in a bloodbath caused by his own hands without a trace of emotion. That lack of conscience indicates that he's a psychopath. And the kids that shoot up schools put themselves above the law by killing themselves after they've slaughtered their classmates.

EliteBeatAgents
December 30, 2008, 12:19 PM
And the kids that shoot up schools put themselves above the law by killing themselves after they've slaughtered their classmates.

Or you know, they just don't wanna get in trouble.

warbandit66
December 30, 2008, 12:31 PM
Or you know, they just don't wanna get in trouble.

They go on these rampages to gain notariety once they've acheived that there's nothing more for them to do so they kill themselves. In their fucked up minds they probably believe killing themselves puts them above the law. The police can't do anything to a dead man after all can they?

EliteBeatAgents
December 30, 2008, 01:41 PM
They go on these rampages to gain notariety once they've acheived that there's nothing more for them to do so they kill themselves. In their fucked up minds they probably believe killing themselves puts them above the law. The police can't do anything to a dead man after all can they?

Honestly, if you were in Hitlers place and you killed about 12 million, where the hell are you going to hide? there is no place to hide so you might as well kill yourself. The vtech guy, the guy was in the middle of virgina there is no way you're going to escape from a state like that scotch clean you might as well kill yourself.

Mr.Aaron
December 30, 2008, 03:21 PM
I'm baaack~
Tho' I doubt anyone remembers me. x_x;

My prediction:

Gantz sent another team after Nishi.

Of course the only huge plothole with this would be that if Gantz wanted a Gantzer killed, he would just set off the bomb.

Vancyer
December 30, 2008, 04:24 PM
i remember you Mr. Aaron!

and i doubt its another team, as cool as that would be... tho it would make a sliver of sense if Nishi had disabled the bomb like a few have theorized.

but i;m sure we will see soon enough :)

Mr.Aaron
December 30, 2008, 05:02 PM
Haha, disabled the bomb~

What an interesting theory. I can see how that might work. I wont go into it though, because I assume that is has been discussed to death. I just hope Oku doesn't pull another Izumi, and have Nishi killed out of a mission.

Asahina
December 30, 2008, 05:14 PM
When is the next chapter being released?
Or has it been out yet?

bumbari19
December 30, 2008, 06:53 PM
i wonder if inishi had his classmates killed if he didn't know the katastrophe was going to happen in three days. it's true, you can't hide very well after massacrating some 20-30 people, but nishi knew humanity had three days left to live and surely thought "who cares, let's do it"

Amnesiac
December 30, 2008, 06:56 PM
5 Psychological experiments that reveal our dark side:

http://www.mindpowernews.com/5Psychological.htm

All 5 experiments are extremely relevant to gantz. Experiment #2 is specially relevant to this discussion about power.

Being apathetic towards most other people doesn't classify as being insane, moral values aren't objective. Also, Nishi isn't anything like the kids from the shootings in schools. If he didn't have gantz equipment he wouldn't have killed his classmates.

Suicide isn't being above the law, it's running from the law, there's a big difference.

warbandit66
December 30, 2008, 07:41 PM
What I'm saying is that these people in their deluded minds believe that by killing themselves they are cementing themselves in history and giving the law the finger.

NumeroUno
December 30, 2008, 08:19 PM
@ Amnesiac: Lmao at the awesome website

"Almost 80 percent. Think about that when you're walking around the mall: Eight out of ten of those people you see would torture the shit out of a puppy if a dude in a lab coat asked them to." :p
[hr]

What I'm saying is that these people in their deluded minds believe that by killing themselves they are cementing themselves in history and giving the law the finger.

Oh shut up lol. Have you ever had a deluded mind. Have you ever seriously premeditated your own death or the murder of many people. No..? Guess what neither have I. Nobody honestly knows what drove these people to do what they did except the people that did it. We could guess we could say they were pushed over the edge. But nobody will really know because most the damn time they commit suicide. Those mother fuckers that get caught probably don't really know why they did it either.

I have never killed someone and don't plan on it. But I also wouldn't say I'm better than a "insane" murderer when I have never felt what they have. I am in my mind not theirs. I don't see their thoughts, feel their joy, their pain, their peace, nor their turmoil. So there for I can not judge them. But I do feel people should reap what they sow. If you take someones life your life should be taken from you. Whether they take their own lives or they are sentenced to death by a man they never knew doesn't change anything. Life goes on.

El Samurai Guapo
December 30, 2008, 08:26 PM

That's still running from the law. Being above above the law means doing whatever you want and getting away with it. If an individual must resort to taking their own life in the end to avoid prosecution, then what are they getting away with?

Trust me, they're not giving the law the finger by killing themselves. All they've done is make the job easier for the police. The suspect is dead, case closed. No tax dollars wasted on a trial or keeping him alive in prison.

If Seung-Hui Cho, the Korean student that massacred 32 people in Virginia-tech, had the ability to walk outside, dispatch every armed police officer, and make his escape, do you really think he still would have killed himself?

What is the real reason that stops most people in society from violating social norms? Is it their morals, or the fear of the consequences that will result from their actions? For most people, it's the latter.

Think about what would happen in your city or town, if tomorrow it was broadcasted on the news that the local law enforcement agency was being disbanded, and that from then on, there would be no authorities making arrests for crimes or responding to calls. The laws still exist, only there is nobody to enforce them. What would happen? Your society would descend into a complete dystopia, simply put, very few people would give a damn about laws that yielded no consequences. People would be out looting, mugging, raping, and shooting each other.

This is why humans need government, because we cannot be trusted to govern ourselves.

croissant
December 30, 2008, 08:29 PM
cool website! Really nice read...

makes me wanna try out with my friends... or just some innocent strangers, lolz

Experiments 1 and 2 were really interesting. And the percentages with the torture thing is really shocking. I guess, im just glad to know that if ever a situation comes i can remind myself if this experiment. NOT wanting to experience that though

warbandit66
December 30, 2008, 08:30 PM
@NumeroUno

Touche my friend... touche... My argument was fairly one sided.

I would tip my hat to you if I where not currently bare headed.

102jayday
December 30, 2008, 10:17 PM
@ Amnesiac: Lmao at the awesome website

"Almost 80 percent. Think about that when you're walking around the mall: Eight out of ten of those people you see would torture the shit out of a puppy if a dude in a lab coat asked them to." :p
<hr noshade size="1">

:blink not a little innocent puppy, i could never do that even if it wasnt a puppy lol.
there should be spoilers or raw out tonight :)

NumeroUno
December 30, 2008, 11:04 PM
:blink not a little innocent puppy, i could never do that even if it wasnt a puppy lol.
there should be spoilers or raw out tonight :)

Lol you are one of the two out of every ten. :p
Hopefully this next chapter is good. Maybe see Nishi running from the swat teams. Isn't weird how the government covered up what happened at Kei's school with the alien. Lol maybe a world conspiracy is coming into view.

Mr.Aaron
December 30, 2008, 11:10 PM
Maybe the Japanese government is more in on the whole thing than we think?

Showatt
December 30, 2008, 11:21 PM
"Nearly all men can stand the test of adversity, but if you really want to test a man's character, give him power."

THat's a sick quote, were did u get that from?

GkrewZ
December 31, 2008, 01:53 AM
hey everyone im new but iv been reading gantz since about a year ago

but i think nishi may have something planned since thats the type of person he is
as for the explosion im guessing an alien or a gantz team...(maybe from somewhere we dont kno about?) but im not sure maybe he has contacts with other teams or something
since he kno's so much i wouldent doubt much with him
but im sure he doesent want to die in the next 3 days so he may acualy be doing something importent to his(and maybe the others) survival... or maybe he just wants to get everyone killed and walk off invisible lol

o and happy new years eve

bumbari19
December 31, 2008, 06:51 AM
the experiment #3, the bystander apathy experiment, reminded me a bit of the very first chapter of gantz with the drunk homeless guy lying on the railtrack. most of the bystanders (including kei) were just standing around and wondering why nobody was helping him until katou went down and incouraged kei to help him.
and what's the moral of the story? if you help other people you only get youreslf killed :D

NumeroUno
December 31, 2008, 07:13 AM
THat's a sick quote, were did u get that from?

Abraham Lincoln.

Semtex_Jack
December 31, 2008, 09:16 AM
Seems to me like it's katastrophe. Think about it.

Nishi is pretty apathetic, but he still wouldn't like to spend the rest of his life on the run/in prison, especially if he should lose his suit.

He's killed these kids because he knows that there will be no consequences. Because Katastrophe is happening. Right now.

It seems at least 3 bombs have gone off in the city, he sees the flashes first, then is hit by the shockwave.

It's the 'apocalyptic finale'. The world is likely being destroyed by bombs, if not from the aliens, then from other people in the world. What does this mean? Lots of bodies for gantz to use in an all out war.

Imagine this but on a bigger scale, at night: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1a0v-9eNHS0&feature=related

NumeroUno
December 31, 2008, 10:55 AM
Seems to me like it's katastrophe. Think about it.

Nishi is pretty apathetic, but he still wouldn't like to spend the rest of his life on the run/in prison, especially if he should lose his suit.

He's killed these kids because he knows that there will be no consequences. Because Katastrophe is happening. Right now.

It seems at least 3 bombs have gone off in the city, he sees the flashes first, then is hit by the shockwave.

It's the 'apocalyptic finale'. The world is likely being destroyed by bombs, if not from the aliens, then from other people in the world. What does this mean? Lots of bodies for gantz to use in an all out war.

Imagine this but on a bigger scale, at night: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1a0v-9eNHS0&feature=related

No... It would be pointless if it was catastrophe. Gantz will pick them up one last time before it starts.

Mr.Aaron
December 31, 2008, 03:16 PM
Wow...

It's amazing that a Seinen foreign comic can inspire a debate about moral ethics in an entirely different country. I wonder what Oku would think about this?

EliteBeatAgents
December 31, 2008, 03:49 PM
Wow...

It's amazing that a Seinen foreign comic can inspire a debate about moral ethics in an entirely different country. I wonder what Oku would think about this?

He's probably laughing, I know I would.

The Technical
December 31, 2008, 07:43 PM
1. Aside of getting revenge/gettin' off, Nishi is also doing the Izumi-thing, giving more people to Gantz.

2. Who is he talking to? At first I thought it was with a police negotiator or something similar, but it seems like it's an ally, and he/she is advicing him beforehand of the police arrival. Whoever's on the phone probably knew what Nishi was going to do also.

Mr.Aaron
December 31, 2008, 08:39 PM
He's probably laughing, I know I would.

Haha, I guess I would too.

That would be the ultimate high for me though, having people look into a story of mine and getting something out of it, like I have with GANTZ.

Aside from that, would I be completely off my rocker to say that it is possibly a gantz mech that made that explosion?

102jayday
December 31, 2008, 10:25 PM
hmm gantz should of been out now! maybe they didnt release it this wee because of the new year... it did say gantz in next issue too.

i just thought of something, what if the katasphere is gantz vs everyone like what we see with nishi right now. the gantzers will have to kill the people in the town. my money is on reika killing tae lol..(forget that) but if it was that kei would kill ryou.
maybe the nuke war that nishi said is the armies fighting the gantzers. i dunno but it seems the katasphere is about to start and what nishi is doing is whats a taste to come. i dunno just a new theory to dicuss about.

there seems to be a spoiler on stoptamoz but people think its fake.

thesyndrome
January 01, 2009, 08:09 AM
wasn't 289 supposed to come out today? I thought it was going to be weekly for 4 issues

Damura
January 01, 2009, 08:15 AM
^
Nope

dariusmg
January 01, 2009, 12:16 PM
Oh my its realy nice chapter i was waiting for!

THEorangePANDA
January 01, 2009, 01:27 PM
5 Psychological experiments that reveal our dark side:

http://www.mindpowernews.com/5Psychological.htm

All 5 experiments are extremely relevant to gantz. Experiment #2 is specially relevant to this discussion about power.

Being apathetic towards most other people doesn't classify as being insane, moral values aren't objective. Also, Nishi isn't anything like the kids from the shootings in schools. If he didn't have gantz equipment he wouldn't have killed his classmates.

Suicide isn't being above the law, it's running from the law, there's a big difference.

HOLY CRAP this is one AWSOME site i spent HOURS rading and reserching those stuff thx ^^

GAT-X252
January 01, 2009, 02:18 PM
there seems to be a spoiler on stoptamoz but people think its fake.

:tem

The source was the 4Chan..anyway...i never saw any spoiler related to Gantz in /a/...

There is no Young Jump issue this week, that is why there is no Gantz this week.

It comes out the next week.

Mr.Aaron
January 01, 2009, 04:54 PM
:tem

The source was the 4Chan..anyway...i never saw any spoiler related to Gantz in /a/...

There is no Young Jump issue this week, that is why there is no Gantz this week.

It comes out the next week.

:eek:

Ah, that's okay.

I'm sure we can all wait.
[hr]

I think the ultimate reward is to become a Gantz.

Everyone aspires to become a bored bald guy with life suppot in a black marble. What would anyone get out of that?

igotthegoods
January 04, 2009, 03:29 PM
Hey guys, moved a ton of posts over to the Gantz Rewards and Weapons thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25004) because they were quite off-topic here. Please continue the conversation over there. Don't forget that this thread is for discussing the current chapter and predicting what will happen in the next chapter. Thanks :3

//edit - I'm sure chapter spoilers will be posted as soon as they are available. I'm waiting for them, too, you know. Please be patient. Further posts asking when the next chapter comes out or where the spoilers are will be deleted.

102jayday
January 04, 2009, 06:25 PM
thought most would, hey does anyone think the katashpere could be gantzers vs humans? we saw nishi and kei classmates..and how bad ryou is.
i think it may but seeing bad ass alien fights are cool.
btw i got the goods what anime is that in ur ava and cig?

warbandit66
January 04, 2009, 07:00 PM
@ 102jayday... The anime in igotthegoods sig and avi is Gintama.
Yep, absolutely right. Check it out, it's hilarious! :amuse

Gantzers vs humans would be fairly onesided. Don't you think?

Kozar927
January 04, 2009, 09:28 PM
I cant see a gantzers vrs humans thing happening, but I also think itll be a bit more complicated then just mere aliens

Peco
January 04, 2009, 11:40 PM
Maybe Gantzers vs. Vampirers or such :s

102jayday
January 05, 2009, 02:11 AM
humans are powerful, we can destory nations lol.
remember nishi mention the nuclear war? perhaps the army uses nukes etc. plus they attacked katou in the osaka mission too.
remember humans made gantz so that means they can destroy it too.
i wonder if there is a organization thats like gantz but a rival group.

Damura
January 05, 2009, 03:37 AM
Humans vs. Vampires vs. Gantzers vs. Aliens vs. Inaba? Might as well throw robots in there as well. Maybe there's a whole group of psychics, too. Humans won't be that useless. They can probably handle most of the smaller aliens, and for everything else there's tanks and missiles and all sorts of shit they can use... or maybe they are useless. I'm still surprised they haven't hunted down Reika yet for information.

bumbari19
January 05, 2009, 05:12 AM
exactly, a kill inaba mission would be very funny imo. and it would look like katou and reika agreeing that no one will touch him while nishi has already sliced him into 17 pieces commenting "he didn't deserve to live!" :D

personally i thought of something else than gantzers vs humans and it would simply look like this: gantzers vs gantzers clones. in other words: imagine if every sphere in germany would be creating clones of the greatest badasses who have ever participated in the game. an army of 100'000 keis, izumis, okas... programmed to destroy the world. that would be a pretty katastrophe!

Damura
January 05, 2009, 05:46 AM
Nah, too much effort. A single clone of Inaba would be a Katastrophe.

102jayday
January 05, 2009, 06:42 AM
yeah bumb i thought of that too! when reika mention bringing another kei back.
having 2 kei's fight eachother. i like that

oh btw is Gintama in english dub yet? lol i just prefer listening to my native tougne lol

croissant
January 05, 2009, 07:10 AM
all gantz members from all over the world against inaba. I bet nobody would be able to kill him. He's even tougher than Nuri. The guy just wont die.

Anyway, hey guys! it's been awhile...

Damura
January 05, 2009, 07:35 AM
No english version at the moment jayday. Guess you'll have to put up with subtitles. It's humor wasn't for me, but maybe you'll like it... Maybe I'll even like it... I only saw the first episode.
[hr]
On topic, I don't think that there will be Gantz vs. clones... it seems kind of stupid to me to be honest. And boring. I think Oku would prefer to make some crazy new aliens rather than redrawing a character (Kei) that he's been drawing every week for years.

Damura
January 05, 2009, 05:34 PM
So.... why have none of the characters stopped to say something like "Oh, hey, ain't the world endin' today guyz?"