PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 289 Discussion/290 Prediction Thread

KaNx
December 24, 2008, 09:40 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45009) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

The chapter is out, get it Here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/gantz/chapters/289).

cassaruby
January 05, 2009, 03:00 PM
I'm gonna be annoyed if nishi dies again... he has so much potential.

102jayday
January 05, 2009, 05:40 PM
hmm cool, see i told you the army can fight them, looks like the big mission is happaning

moved these posts to spoiler discussion, where spoiler tags are no longer needed ^^

warbandit66
January 05, 2009, 06:10 PM
Nishi's lucky he's not in England the police would've shot him in the head half a dozen times whilst he was incapacitated on the floor

staytough
January 05, 2009, 06:40 PM
Heh, Gantz must love Nishi alot to save him like that...
But, won't his classmates turn up in the gantzroom if they died a few hours/minutes before the mission started?

SeaWo|f
January 05, 2009, 09:49 PM
Well there is no rule to say that gantz has to take people from the same place and the only instance we have of gantz taking people killed in relation to gantz is what happened with izumi, so i wouldnt count on it.

It would be a bitch for them though... I mean to be saved just to be dragged back into the jaws of death.

Mr.Aaron
January 05, 2009, 11:44 PM
I'm gonna be annoyed if nishi dies again... he has so much potential.

Me too.

Nishi and his bad assery shall not die...

Also, looks like we get to see Kei and Katou in action for the first time in a while.

El Samurai Guapo
January 06, 2009, 01:17 AM
Well, I think it's safe to say Nishi indeed does not have his stealth capabilities (i.e. the gantz controller) on his person. I would guess that when going to school he only wears part of the suit and carries an x-gun in his bag.

If he had his entire suit on, and the gantz controller, they (the military/police) wouldn't be able to touch him.

It would be a bitch for them though... I mean to be saved just to be dragged back into the jaws of death.

Not really, they'd at least be getting another chance to live, rather than simply going to hell.

Damura
January 06, 2009, 02:39 AM
How the fuck did a couple of soldiers overpower Nishi?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's pretty easy to imagine.

bumbari19
January 06, 2009, 04:28 AM
kei must have probably thought: what a waste of 100 points. you bring that guy back and he gets himself killed cause he started a rampage at school.
it's a pity that fat tae didn't die. i was curious if she was transported to the room if she would have muted from her cheerful nature to an insane/cool killer like nishi.

Uruner
January 06, 2009, 07:22 AM
Here's the chapter

Gantz 289 by Death Toll (http://mangahelpers.com/s/deathtoll/details/7958)

I'm sure there's gonna be v2 trouch ... couse RAW is missing at least one page

Tanma
January 06, 2009, 08:00 AM
A mission 2-3 days before the Katastrophe?

Probably we'll have to wait one or two years to see what Katastrophe really is...

Damura
January 06, 2009, 08:06 AM
Nah, you'd have to be some sort of retarded retard to put Katastrophe on hold for that long. Nishi's pretty lucky... will his suit regenerate for the mission, or is he fucked? I personally think this will be a short one... OR, everyone's gonna die. I wonder why Oku thought it was important to shove a mission in there between Nuri and Katastrophe.
[hr]
I guess we know now just how effective humans can be against Gantzers.

croissant
January 06, 2009, 08:37 AM
Just read the chapter. And Yeah, it does seem to be missing a page after page 11. Nishi is suddenly on floor with a pool of blood. Weird how the suit can fail like that. I thought It would be tougher. But maybe i'm comparing it to the battle that izumi had when a ton of vampires attacked him at his apartment and they also had machine guns. Izumi fared better that time and was able to take down a hell lot more frags.

I was kinda annoyed though with the fat tae. After all that shit, she's still calling out Nishi's name. I mean, nishi just killed off the whole classroom. Ain't she afraid of nishi now? Or does love ridiculously have no bounds?

Well, nishi is still gonna live. The jerk is smiling and prolly excited that the katastrophe is gonna start now. So much for drama. I was hoping to get to know HS better, but looks like we'll just see him kick butt during the missions.

shouryuujo
January 06, 2009, 09:37 AM
I was hoping Nishi didn't die there. I think nishi had to not "show" the suits power and weapons so his brain wouldnt explode(remember the gangster who was showing off and his brain exploded?) so that's why he probably didn't use his invisibility.. I dont think the book ever showed but how does a suit recharge? will Nishi go into Gantz with a busted suit on top of perhaps some penalties?

NumeroUno
January 06, 2009, 10:09 AM
I just thought.. since Nishi wasn't wearing his whole suit maybe that is why he couldn't use the cloak thing on the controller? Think about it... he would be walking around with only his arms and legs visible lol.. :darn

Dem0drec Legi0n
January 06, 2009, 10:17 AM
I think that Nishi's classmates will be in Gantz room...

Well... nishi probably didn't use the controler because he would have his brain fucked.

What do u guys think kurono will say to nishi?

NumeroUno
January 06, 2009, 10:23 AM
He will be a hypocrite bitch and call him a psycho murderer... and then Nishi will blow one of his legs off lol. :p

Oh and Kato will cry and repeatedly say "Kei chan!!!".

Seta Soujirou
January 06, 2009, 10:30 AM
Nishi will make it back to Gantz alive...it will be a waste for him to die in the hands of the law...is this mission the mark of Katastrophe?

NumeroUno
January 06, 2009, 11:02 AM
Who knows.. It could just be that Gantz loves Nishi. We will have to wait I guess even though I feel its to early for catastrophe.

warbandit66
January 06, 2009, 11:02 AM
The special ops guys that Nishi killed should be in the room along with him and his classmates. My oppinion of Nishi has sunken to new depths after seeing him kill the cops like that.

NumeroUno
January 06, 2009, 11:16 AM
Yea Nishi could have still ran and hid instead of killing them.

CrYpTs
January 06, 2009, 11:38 AM
could it be that Gantz is sending them on a mission to hunt down the reporter? Maybe we'll see more of what he found out in Germany.

Just a theory.

Amnesiac
January 06, 2009, 02:14 PM
I don't blame Nishi for almost dying, after all the only weapon he could use was the bagged gun. The tough thing about fighting 'innocent' humans outside of a mission is that the slightest mistake and your head goes boom.

Nishi could have ran away, but those soldiers had it coming.

Nishi's pretty lucky... will his suit regenerate for the mission, or is he fucked?

If gantz is going to repair his body then there's no reason for his suit to not be repaired too.

I doubt gantz "saved" Nishi, it just happened a mission was about to start and Nishi was still alive.

Next mission there will be some of Nishi's classmates and some of the soldiers Nishi killed in the room, and I suspect gantz will send them on some fucked mission like killing all the people in an area around Nishi's school (which will prompt the arrival of more the army). Not trusting Nishi and the whole gantz thing, the then suited and armed newcomers will turn on the rest of the team and side with the police and military.
[hr]
I forgot to mention, notice in the beginning Nishi isn't wearing any gloves, then he is, then he isn't again.

Silly Oku.

El Samurai Guapo
January 06, 2009, 02:19 PM
I forgot to mention, notice in the beginning Nishi isn't wearing any gloves, then he is, then he isn't again.
Silly Oku.

Yup, I was about to say the same.

JediCrazy 101
January 06, 2009, 02:31 PM

Well... nishi probably didn't use the controler because he would have his brain fucked.

I dont think all the classmates will be there but most may be, there is a chance this is katastrophe but still it may not. I hop it is.:D:D

Starzen
January 06, 2009, 02:33 PM
after reading this chapter, I gotta say nishi sucks, and why did gantz have to save his sorry ass or are all those cops and civilians, gantz next targets. atleast we get to see kurono in action again.

Amnesiac
January 06, 2009, 02:36 PM
I dont think all the classmates will be there but most may be, there is a chance this is katastrophe but still it may not. I hop it is.:D:D

Isn't there still 2 days left for Katastrophe?

By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if we found Kurono's old bully and/or his girlfriend in the room.

after reading this chapter, I gotta say nishi sucks, and why did gantz have to save his sorry ass or are all those cops and civilians, gantz next targets. atleast we get to see kurono in action again.

Rofl, sucks why?

Starzen
January 06, 2009, 02:54 PM
being defeated like that when the suite enables you to dodge bullets. the whole point of the suite is to enable super human speed and strength, that gun has a multi log on function like kurono showed in the past. with that losing is not an option.

bumbari19
January 06, 2009, 03:56 PM
By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if we found Kurono's old bully and/or his girlfriend in the room. i'm thinking the same thing, since it would have been pointless for oku to introduce some new characters without any specific role for them.

i somehow feel i've got to take nishi's defenses: super human speed doesn't mean super human reflexes. it isn't any advantage if you can move fast, but not control your movements. you need some time to aim. and he was shot too often. look only at the empty ammo flying around. it's too much for the suit.
i wonder if one of the policemen touches nishi and will transported to the room like the vampires were. a skilled fighter like such a swat guy could be pretty handy as hunter (like the sniper in the buddha mission).

what will happen next in the gantz room? all the hunters gathering together, introducing the new guys and questioning nishi why he did what he did. too bad sakata's dead, cause he would have approved nishi's action.
by the way, will both vampires come back alive or will one of them be dead since he/she talked about gantz? i mean, you can't just come back and tell the other vampires they were eating icecream. apart that, do they know it's forbidden to talk about gantz?

Tanma
January 06, 2009, 05:13 PM
Nah, you'd have to be some sort of retarded retard to put Katastrophe on hold for that long.

Yeah, what I was thinking. The last mission took only two years to finish. Wait, what?

EliteBeatAgents
January 06, 2009, 05:31 PM
being defeated like that when the suite enables you to dodge bullets. the whole point of the suite is to enable super human speed and strength, that gun has a multi log on function like kurono showed in the past. with that losing is not an option.

No, where did you get the idea that the suit enables you to doge bullets?
Kei didn't bullets
izumi didn't dodge bullets
Nishi dodge bullets.

and the suit is more like an armor with super strength.
[hr]

Nishi how could you do this?

oh it's simple I took my gun and shot them, oh you mean what was the purpose of of killing them? they threw me out the window so I had to kill them. Anyone who tries to kill me dies, just like the biker dumbass.

Dem0drec Legi0n
January 06, 2009, 06:13 PM
http://remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/mp5k/mp5k.gif

Its a closed-bolt SMG that fires the 9mm parabellum cartridge. It can fire up to 800 rounds per minute (13 per second).

I think Nishi did pretty well killing most of them. These guys seemed to be pretty elite. Probably the Tokushu Kyūshū Butai of the National Police Agency. If he had his controller in hand though, they would have all died.

I love Oku's attention to detail when it comes to guns. Notice the GLOCK 19 at the end too.
I thought that he was prety good to fight for so long against police well trained (probably the elite).

Amnesiac
January 06, 2009, 06:53 PM
If he had his controller in hand though, they would have all died.

I wouldn't be too sure about that, if he turned invisible in front of those guys gantz would probably kill him. I bet Nishi had the controller but didn't take the risk of using it.

cassaruby
January 06, 2009, 08:20 PM
I don't think it's important whether Nishi is crazy or not. The morale of the story is never to mess with Nishi, ever. It's a basic rule.

Amigo!
January 06, 2009, 11:15 PM
the mission timing is a little too convenient, do u think nishi knows when the mission are gonna occur?

102jayday
January 06, 2009, 11:55 PM
it seem that nishi was trying to get himself killed but take many with him, because it said even sucide cant make u escape.
so a mission 2 days before the katashpere. yay serious kurono! im tired of seeing weak useless kurono lol his good when he is badass (on mission)

ps i hope izumi returns in this mission (SOMEHOW) mayb gantz will b nice or at the end someone gets 100 points and brings him back.
but what would be cool is if the team did some switching on the bench and field lol

Izumi - IN
Inaba - OUT
George - IN
Baldy - OUT (his great but weak..)
Oka - IN
Random new person - OUT

that would make this current gantz team the best!

Emmanra
January 07, 2009, 12:39 AM
yeah it seem that Nishi was like the world going to hell in a hand basket anyway Ill just kill everyone. I do think if he wanted to he could have escaped long before the police came it wouldnt take him that long to kill everyone and they said he had kept people hostage. Nishi even ask why fat tae was still there which leads me to believe that he said. And yes Nishi could have use invisibility just like when he was on train with Izumi when Vamp attack. Regardless of mission. Nishi's getting the the electric chair if he survives this mission.

Kozar927
January 07, 2009, 02:01 AM
@Jayday
did u call Kaze george on purpose or were u talking about osakas george? lol I no our own george marven looks alot like Kaze so if thts wat u ment to do their it was funny :] lol

Charlie
January 07, 2009, 03:08 AM
Nice Chapter.
Nishi took alot of damage, the fall , the explosion and not to mention a dozen or so police with smg's shooting him down. So Nishi's suit being taken down or giving in makes sense to me. There's only so much damage you can take before you reach its limts.

Now as for predicting the events in the next chapter and or Katastrophe .... I'm gona predict that Katastrophe starts and all the memeber's in the Gantz databank will be brought back for the next mission.

102jayday- it seem that nishi was trying to get himself killed but take many with him, because it said even sucide cant make u escape.

Interesting point, I hadn't thought that Nishi would try to go out with a bang!
or make the connection with the suicide line. lol

yeah it seem that Nishi was like the world going to hell in a hand basket anyway Ill just kill everyone. I do think if he wanted to he could have escaped long before the police came it wouldnt take him that long to kill everyone and they said he had kept people hostage. Nishi even ask why fat tae was still there which leads me to believe that he said. And yes Nishi could have use invisibility just like when he was on train with Izumi when Vamp attack. Regardless of mission. Nishi's getting the the electric chair if he survives this mission.

Well I wonder how that will play out, they already told the news that Nishi was killed/ dead. So how or what are they going to do since there is no body. Plus 3 cops saw him getting beamed away so they a have WTF moment and how are the going to explain to the higher-ups.

Charlie

KevinSephiroth
January 07, 2009, 05:36 AM
OMG last sentence!! no suicidal act can let you off gantz lmao
this proves nishi wouldn't have killed anyone if there wasn't katastrofe upcomming!!!

Damura
January 07, 2009, 08:38 AM
The special ops guys that Nishi killed should be in the room along with him and his classmates. My oppinion of Nishi has sunken to new depths after seeing him kill the cops like that.

What, so the classmates were okay, but fighting his way out of a situation like that makes him an asshole?
[hr]
It's going to be pretty damn interesting to see if any of the classmates or those soldier guys make it into Gantz. I wonder if the current Tokyo team will try to keep the peace before Nishi slaughters them all again.

M.I.A
January 07, 2009, 08:56 AM
Woot I finally got a prediction right... another mission before katastrophe lol. I'm hoping we see the bully and his gf (O.o I wonder how Reika will react to Kurono's first love)
I think it'll be the end of the old man and one of the vamps. I don't see too many deaths being thrown in at this point beside the newbs.
Unless it's something like the Tokyo team fight the Osaka team and it keeps going on until there's a world "winner" of all the teams who's chosen to fight some more intense badass.
Well at least now we get to see what Reika's gunna do in with Kurono situation :P

THEorangePANDA
January 07, 2009, 09:16 AM
OOOOH SNAP another mission !?
This just keeps getting better and better :D
But has the catastrophe timer ended or is this some sort of twist :s

warbandit66
January 07, 2009, 09:31 AM
What, so the classmates were okay, but fighting his way out of a situation like that makes him an asshole?
<hr noshade size="1">
It's going to be pretty damn interesting to see if any of the classmates or those soldier guys make it into Gantz. I wonder if the current Tokyo team will try to keep the peace before Nishi slaughters them all again.

Well slaughtering his classmates was in no way okay. But what did he think would happen afterwards? He must've been prepared to kill the cops even before they came to the building.

bumbari19
January 07, 2009, 10:14 AM
i agree with all who say that killing either the classmates or the policemen ISN'T ok. but still, slaughtering the classmates is in this case less upsetting than the special corps. both wanted to kill him, but the police was just doing their job to protect public safety while the class wanted to do some lynching just because they thought nishi wasn't so nice.

i'm burning to see what the next alien will look like. oku has had until now very good and funny ideas for the nature of the aliens. i hope it will be a smaller mission with aliens as hilarious as the tanaka birds. TANAKA BIRDS RULE!

Damura
January 07, 2009, 10:41 AM
Not much of a choice when it came to the police. He obviously didn't have his little invisibility switch thing. Since when has he ever fought anything without it? By the time he'd finished off the classroom, the police had shown up (his teacher had called the police during the slaughter). By that time it was too late to avoid killing police. It was him or them.

KevinSephiroth
January 07, 2009, 10:48 AM

Silly Oku.

well noticed!! :o
but the chapter still kicked asses!!! :)
hope we see some of the classmates/special ops cops into gantz' room next chapter!:tem

Dem0drec Legi0n
January 07, 2009, 11:54 AM
i agree with all who say that killing either the classmates or the policemen is ok. but still, slaughtering the classmates is in this case less upsetting than the special corps. both wanted to kill him, but the police was just doing their job to protect public safety while the class wanted to do some lynching just because they thought nishi wasn't so nice.

i'm burning to see what the next alien will look like. oku has had until now very good and funny ideas for the nature of the aliens. i hope it will be a smaller mission with aliens as hilarious as the tanaka birds. TANAKA BIRDS RULE!

I think that Nishi made that to get more soldiers to Gantz, maybe he think that geting more people to Gantz will make the katastrophe easier, he killed the classmates do get the cops there and killed the cops to get elite soldiers for Gantz.

Phyrox
January 07, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hmm i think we seeTeam Osaka again [ lol the rest of them [Nerdo ;D] with some newbies..], but i hope we see some international teams x_X.
I think we see some new 'main'characters and some old will die [Old man, vamp ? dunno]
x]

Damura
January 07, 2009, 12:56 PM
Wouldn't it be difficult for international teams to communicate with the Tokyo team?

cassaruby
January 07, 2009, 02:22 PM
As far as I've seen Nishi is not suicidal. Secondly, it was alright what Nishi did. If it's too hot for ya get out of the kitchen, 'cause Nishi's the only sane one making any sense and making decisions that might lead somewhere (i.e. maybe he planned it... the pieces haven't come together yet).

On the other spectrum Kei and Katou are more human lol, they are taking care of the people they love.. and not really doing anything (daytime lanterns)

Anyways, Nishi was talking to someone who had business knowing the squat was moving in. Obviously, it all happened FAST; fast like they were on to Nishi somehow. My guess is Nishi has terrible luck. He can handle most situations alone, but it's always backfiring on him (suit malfuction birdie mission, underestimated Nuri, and now out manuvered by Tokyo's best).
And when he's inna deep mess, people do die alot until the mess calms down. People shouldn't get in Nishi's business, don't push that button. It's obvious how he's gonna react, has he ever acted differently around idiots?

warbandit66
January 07, 2009, 03:14 PM
L.A gantz team would be full of gang bangers who have to be re-stocked every mission because they either get too cocky during missions or get killed in between. Now London team is where it's at full of witty banter.

cassaruby
January 07, 2009, 03:20 PM
Jamaica's team would be deadly and relaxed, and willed through the most high, Selassie I. Babylon's walls assuredly would be mashed down, as I would say.

Dem0drec Legi0n
January 07, 2009, 03:20 PM
I'd like to see a s.w.a.t. team or a BOPE team lol

Quetz
January 07, 2009, 03:49 PM
It would be an interesting twist if nishi purposefully killed his class with the original intention to recruit a large amount of professional killers (the SWAT) to make the catastrophe more survivable. Since most people that end up in gantz aren't professionals, I'd be interested to see what someone with actual military training could do.

dariusmg
January 07, 2009, 04:00 PM
I think Osaka and some kind of expereinced German team will be shown in next chaper.
Kurono will be known by both teams (as the recall in memory) as honorouse experienced fighter-leader-berserker :)

Charlie
January 07, 2009, 04:24 PM
i agree with all who say that killing either the classmates or the policemen is ok. but still, slaughtering the classmates is in this case less upsetting than the special corps. both wanted to kill him, but the police was just doing their job to protect public safety while the class wanted to do some lynching just because they thought nishi wasn't so nice.

I have to disagree with the first line, killing the class mates and police are not ok . The result was expected though because we all knew Nishi would do that given his personality shown previously. His retaliation is worse because he slaughtered the whole class given the fact no matter what the class did would not hurt him due to the suit. I'm taking the getting thrown out of the window into account here. What I would have done was Nishi give the students a major once in a life time ass whooping they would never forget. Thats just me though... Anyway since a new mission started it should be fun to see if Gantz brought any of the people Nishi killed into the room.

As I stated before, If in-fact Katastrophe starts in the next mission, I want all the people in the memory bank out for an epic battle. However all the people in the memory bank plus the ones Nishi just killed assuming they're brought in, would have zero room in the apartment. So I guess that can't happen. Personally I just want Sei back.

warbandit66
January 07, 2009, 04:31 PM
Jamaica's team would be deadly and relaxed, and willed through the most high, Selassie I. Babylon's walls assuredly would be mashed down, as I would say.

Man Jamaica's team would be awesome. No worries at all

bumbari19
January 07, 2009, 06:07 PM
I have to disagree with the first line, killing the class mates and police are not ok .

please don't be upset, beacause that's also what i meant, but i made a mistake writing it. i'm a little embaressed and i've already corrected my mistake :D

As I stated before, If in-fact Katastrophe starts in the next mission, I want all the people in the memory bank out for an epic battle. However all the people in the memory bank plus the ones Nishi just killed assuming they're brought in, would have zero room in the apartment. So I guess that can't happen. Personally I just want Sei back.

in this case thought as you again (this time hopefully without typing mistakes changing the sense of the sentence). it would really be cool to have all people from the database back, but logistics shouldn't be a problem for an awesome machine as gantz. perhaps not everyone from the memory should be called back, cause there are subjects who just aren't suitable for battle and maybe it's even better for them not to enter in another battle. i'm thinking of the boy&grandmother from the tanaka mission or the annoying priest from the buddha mission. but to have sei, hojo, sadako, butter dog, izumi... back wouldn't be in fact to bad for the ultimate battle. well, perhaps not butter dog, but the rest...

tjkubo
January 07, 2009, 06:50 PM
I also think it is too early for Katastrophe. If Katastrophe is going to be a world-wide thing, then I would expect there to be an intermediate mission on the scale of the Nuri mission, or larger. On the other hand, it could just be that there are more missions happening all at once in a million different locations. In that case, this mission could be a short one (6 months).

God I want Izumi back so much!

NW_Ala
January 07, 2009, 07:16 PM
Nice chapter, another mission :D.

What i'm wondering, is supposing Nishi survives this mission, then given hes already got quite a few points, he will clearly get to 100 points, so what would he choose???
Originally I got the impression that he was simply aiming to get 100 points so he could get out of Gantz, but with Katastrophe coming would he still do that, and now with all those murders imagine if he chose that now!
He wakes up having lost his memory, goes to school to find an empty classroom and is like WTF? Turns around to see 20 cops, a teacher just called, pointing guns at him and hes just like WTF!!!! Would be pretty funny to see.
So i guess he'll probably choose the better weapon if he survives, although it would be gd if he brought back izumi or some other kickass gantz legend that Nishi met in the past.

Yeah as people said i'm guessing either classmates, or the SWAT will be in the room. That or the bully and crush of kurono but, I think its more likely this mission or the "Katastrophe mission" (if its in the form of a mission) is going to be at the place where those 2 just happen to be, and now that everyone can see the Gantz team kurono will have to protect them or something....

Also the fact that this mission is so close to Katastrophe, maybe it is in some way linked to starting Katastrophe. Say that there are loads of missions going on worldwide simultaneously at this point, and now that everyone seems to be able to see the gantz teams, this might mean that the public worldwide find out about the gantz teams and aliens. This might mean that the aliens come out of hiding and go on the offensive and so the gantz teams have to go up against all of the aliens or something....?
This might explain how gantz could say when Katastrophe is, as it would know when the public would start being able to see gantz teams and so know it would have to do the "Katastrophe mission" a few days after this up coming mission. However to be honest i don't actually think that will be the case lol, but it is a possibly.... but anything could be Katastrophe, too hard to guess.

Damura
January 07, 2009, 07:24 PM
Why do people want Izumi back so much? He's never able to kill the big things in missions. He would have died in the Nurarihyon mission anyway (probably after trying to fight Nuri alone, then getting beaten, then walking away as usual, and then being hunted down like Oka). The team doesn't like him and he won't cooperate with them unless it suits him. Host Samurai replaces him anyway.

generalslip
January 07, 2009, 08:19 PM

...Yah, our team would be fucked up. However, it would probably have less ghetto ppl than expected. Cause majority of them would just get themselves killed, cause they wouldn't wear that suit. They would say that it's a batty man thing. would look like batty men. So only smart ppl and Nishis would be in Gantz...TRUST ME.

M.I.A
January 07, 2009, 11:01 PM
Lol you guys are too funny. I'm sure this exact debate was going on in Nishi's head as he was lying on the floor the first time, just before he kicked butt :P
My guess is that Nishi knew the mission was coming, I don't think he wouldv'e been so brazen in class as well as his comments which looking back may have be referring less to the Katastrophe and more towards the upcoming mission. Though I do doubt he meant to recruit anybody to Gantz, he just went a bit off the rail because he was gonna be dissappearing soon.
O.o I wonder if Cherry will bring his gf along since he was last seen hugging her. And does this mean Katou doesn't get his date with Kishimoto (I hopes so )

igotthegoods
January 07, 2009, 11:38 PM
Everyone get back to topic, please. I've moved the weapons debate to this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25004) and had to heavily edit and/or delete several posts for flaming/bashing. Please keep the discussions civil and on-topic or I will start handing out infractions, which I would rather not do. This post serves as your warning. Thank you for your attention.

bumbari19
January 08, 2009, 07:22 AM
Why do people want Izumi back so much? He's never able to kill the big things in missions. He would have died in the Nurarihyon mission anyway (probably after trying to fight Nuri alone, then getting beaten, then walking away as usual, and then being hunted down like Oka). The team doesn't like him and he won't cooperate with them unless it suits him. Host Samurai replaces him anyway.

hehe, nice point! izumi could be someone who fits well into the osakan team. in fact those guys were the vicious, less emo and cooler versions of izumi.

back to the next mission: imo it has one of these three purposes:
1) the tokyo guys are underequipped compared to osaka. it's their last chance before the katastrophe to get 100 points for a new weapon.
2) gantz can't stand it that tokyo revives the whole time old people. he gives them new equipment for free and it's their chance to train a little (kei hasn't seen any of the new equipment so far).
3) they'll meet their future partners from other teams like from germany or from another country, to see how it's done well (the osakan way was perhaps the wrong one).

philippe1403
January 08, 2009, 07:49 AM
It would be an interesting twist if nishi purposefully killed his class with the original intention to recruit a large amount of professional killers (the SWAT) to make the catastrophe more survivable. Since most people that end up in gantz aren't professionals, I'd be interested to see what someone with actual military training could do.

you don't need to kill your classmates for that...
you go invisible in the SWAP unit and you shoot everybody dead.
but, how should nishi knows about the coming mission ?
NO, this is just coincidence.

In fact, Nishi, was destructrive and suicidal.
So said Oku.

This having been pointed out, in this closed space, he didn't too much of a fighter performance, compared to izumi or Kurono.
Clearly, not the same will to live/stamina.

Also, we need to remember taht Nishi is 14 years old.
He is a boy living for over a Year in a twisted environment
More like a soldnier kid of Africa, than anything else...
As such you can consider him as a deeply traumatized teen, who already suffered injuries, death, killing and murdering.

Alone and believing the end of the world is coming
No wonder he snaps out and want to kill the people who bullied him and die.
Sadly, this happens in reality too...

Emmanra
January 08, 2009, 08:53 AM

I really dont care if he comes back or not and you make a valid point. I think that in every mission the loners at least weaken the bosses which in turn helped the greater team in beatin them. After next mission its very plausible for Panda to revive Izumi if he has enough points. I wouldnt be surprise if Gantz could some how communicate with mammals on a certain level. The Panda has 40 points 60 more to go. I would love it if HO HO were to revive Izumi just so i can see the reaction in Inaba's face.

Oku definitely pointed out Nishi's motive. Maybe if Nishi survives Katstrophe he'll be asked by the Govt to be part of their Black Ops

Cherry is at the Amusement park how is he going to explain to his girlfriend when he starts transfering. I hope next Mission is to wipe out Vampires and Gantz tells Kill bill and all the other zero pointers to get 15 points or die. Inaba will shit in his pants

Semtex_Jack
January 08, 2009, 10:35 AM
My theories for this mission:

Hoi Hoi will get up to 100 points and res Izumi.

Nishi will get 100 points and take a weapon.

Vampires will wear suits (Maybe HS will take a gantz sword), and kick ass.

Further than that, idk. Could also see some deaths, even though he seems to be more averse to letting people randomly die in recent chapters.

Ruhina
January 08, 2009, 11:45 AM
Here's what I think happened with Nishi, it's quite obvious he's been bullied in his school for quite some time, and sensing the catastrophe approaching, he decided to ventilate his anger on his classmates. After seeing how they reasoned as they tossed him down (read, murdered Nishi in cold blood), I'd say they had it coming.

The police team however, attacked Nishi with the orders to kill. Notice how they didn't hesitate a single second before ridding him full of bullets, even as Nishi was running towards the door. Normally you would warn a person vocally and with a warning shot, but these guys just unloaded a clip or so in his back instantly. In this case, Nishi attacked them in self defense more than anything, which justifies that he actually killed a few officers. Also, notice how an officer was about to execute him as he was laying dying on the floor. Now tell me someone if you think that's the right thing for a law-enforcer to do?

Finally, I think the next mission will go on for about a year. Then some space inbetween and finally the catastrophe and the end of this phase.

KevinSephiroth
January 08, 2009, 02:37 PM
Here's what I think happened with Nishi:
a) It's quite obvious he's been bullied in his school for quite some time.
b) Sensing the catastrophe approaching, he decided to ventilate his anger on his classmates.
c) After seeing how they reasoned as they tossed him down (read, murdered Nishi in cold blood), I'd say they had it coming.

The police team however, attacked Nishi with the orders to kill:
a) Notice how they didn't hesitate a single second before ridding him full of bullets, even as Nishi was running towards the door !
b) Normally you would warn a person vocally and with a warning shot, but these guys just unloaded a clip or so in his back instantly !
c) Also, notice how an officer was about to execute him as he was laying dying on the floor!

Consequence:
In this case, Nishi attacked them in self defense more than anything, which justifies that he actually killed a few officers.

Now tell me someone if you think that's the right thing for a law-enforcer to do?

Finally, I think the next mission will go on for about a year. Then some space inbetween and finally the catastrophe and the end of this phase.

(Enhanced version of your post)
-No, that's precisely not the way to show by Law-Enforcers.

-I hope too , but don't think there will be anything in an "eventually" phase 3 that still relates to Katou/Kei or/and is still drawn by OKU.
:(

warbandit66
January 08, 2009, 03:47 PM
In that kind of situation it's protocol for the police to terminate the offender.

thesyndrome
January 08, 2009, 04:12 PM
I hope oku still knows how to write kurono's action, I mean, by the end of the oni mission kurono was on a whole other level of awesome, I don't want this mission to start and kurono suddenly can't fight worth shit again

katou's athletic ability, strength and willpower + kurono's speed, skill, reflexes, quick thinking and ingenuity = UNSTOPPABLE

Amigo!
January 08, 2009, 05:46 PM
i wonder if katastrophe is the end of gantz?

BigCamaro
January 08, 2009, 06:12 PM
...Yah, our team would be fucked up. However, it would probably have less ghetto ppl than expected. Cause majority of them would just get themselves killed, cause they wouldn't wear that suit. They would say that it's a batty man thing. would look like batty men. So only smart ppl and Nishis would be in Gantz...TRUST ME.

If Usain Bolt can run in spandex I could bring myself to wear the gantz suit. If I know I am no battyman Jah Rastafari knows I am no battyman. But I probably wouldnt wear the suit if it were pink...

warbandit66
January 08, 2009, 06:30 PM
Haha you'd be arrested in Jamaica just for wearing the suit in public

cassaruby
January 08, 2009, 07:11 PM
least to say, the Jamaican team in the world of Gantz is doing very well (read: many thousands of points), all locked and loaded, crusading against aliens. Gantz prolly made the dreadlocked suit Oka wore 'cause the dreads won it first. I say, boom bye bye inna vampy bwoy's head, gantz nah promote no nasty alien dem all fi dead.

Japanese see the upcoming as catastrophe, while Jamaica's gantz ball says salvation, 'cause they took care of the vampires on their island 100 missions ago lol.

Love is the answer, there ain't no other. Love I am feeling,... life's true meaning.

Mr.Aaron
January 08, 2009, 08:38 PM
This all makes me wonder about the US Gantz team...

Maybe I was a member of Gantz, but I chose option 1! O_O

*Looks for mini-gantz*

EliteBeatAgents
January 08, 2009, 11:16 PM
Haha you'd be arrested in Jamaica just for wearing the suit in public

Jamaican cops suck, my cousin mugged 2 people in day light on my second day of vacation in Jamaica, but other than that Jamaica is great unless you have a rich relative who owns a place there.
[hr]

This all makes me wonder about the US Gantz team...

Maybe I was a member of Gantz, but I chose option 1! O_O

*Looks for mini-gantz*

when I thought about American team I thought of New York and NJ for some reason.

Vancyer
January 08, 2009, 11:35 PM
^^^^ well there would probably be many American teams, its a big country and there is more than one japanese team. so it seems there is a team in every big-ish city.

back on topic. i do think we will see another mission with another team.... and i think that what is going to happen is that we may beither see all of the Japanese teams on one country wide mission. (makes sense, beacuse the last mission expanded the playing ground to osaka, so maybe)

or just a mission gantz throws them so they have a chance to get a bit of decent gear before Katastrophe.

btw.

if hoi hoi gets to 100 points. i am 100% sure Izumi will be revived. and i predict that if this is the case, he will become more of a team player. (he certainly got redeemed a great deal when he died)

EliteBeatAgents
January 08, 2009, 11:42 PM
^^^^ well there would probably be many American teams, its a big country and there is more than one japanese team. so it seems there is a team in every big-ish city.

back on topic. i do think we will see another mission with another team.... and i think that what is going to happen is that we may beither see all of the Japanese teams on one country wide mission. (makes sense, beacuse the last mission expanded the playing ground to osaka, so maybe)

or just a mission gantz throws them so they have a chance to get a bit of decent gear before Katastrophe.

btw.

if hoi hoi gets to 100 points. i am 100% sure Izumi will be revived. and i predict that if this is the case, he will become more of a team player. (he certainly got redeemed a great deal when he died)

Honestly I think this mission is about hunting and killing the news reporter, and the reason why I thought of NJ and NY was because how i thought of team osaka, they remind me of NY and upper NJ lol, but is it me or does it seem that mostly all the Gantz are in a heavy populated areas?

kimizzle
January 09, 2009, 12:05 AM
I have been following the Gantz thread of MangaHelpers for a while; after seeing a lot of great insight from other Gantz enthusiasts, I thought that I should contribute as well.

I am not too sure if anyone mentioned this before, but after much talk about reviving characters from the Gantz database, I keep finding myself speculating that the future "Katastrophe" will be a mission in which the current Gantz team has a standoff with a team of the deceased Hunters from the database. Just some food for thought.

As for the next chapter, I am pretty sure that the mission is not the climatic "Katastrophe" we are all waiting for, but rather, as others have stated, a mission in which the Tokyo team collaborates with other teams, possibly international ones. If indeed this upcoming mission is just a regular mission, naturally the Hunters will rack up points to prepare for the Katastrophe by acquiring powerful weapons, reviving fallen comrades, or possibly running away from the Gantz world altogether. Hopefully we can see the return of none other than the great Izumi.

makra
January 09, 2009, 02:33 AM
I agree with someone a few pages back that thought the mission will be in germany dealing with the reporter somehow. it would be a great tie in and explain some more things.

also, I think the next chapter will be about the vampires and ends with the transfer (as they are the only members that haven't had a post mission chapter) or maybe something kato related

102jayday
January 09, 2009, 04:08 AM
yeah that would be cool, like the osaka one was to show the team can go to other places so why not other countrys.
maybe aliens are on the attack of gantz factory of HQ so lots of teams are sent there to fight in a mini war. and the outcome of the mission could create some nuclear explosion from a dish in space that affects the whole earth theefore the katasphere begins.
but yeh i think the mission should be in Germany just so we get back to what is gantz.
this is going to be the best mission yet!
kurono is back, katou will be aiming for 100 points to bring anzu back(MAYBE) i would like that, those 2 connected.
host samurai understands how missions work now. kill bill wont b so follow the vampire and forget about being attacked and losing legs lol.
takashi has some skill and has had combat.
inaba finally knows what real pain is so this time he may fight lmao.
kaze will kick ass with takashi, maybe old man will team with them,
cherry um....not sure but maybe he want to win for sakata and his gf's sake.
nishi i think will die i hope not though, only needs 25 points
hoi hoi will get 60 points to b at 100 or will die!!!!
reika will show a new side of herself and kick the crap out of aliens and b like kurono in the oni mission. or she will die or be raped lmao! if that was so i would like kei to save her just before watever takes place - shes scared and force kisses him from all the chaos around. that would be cool because kurono would be like omg omg wtf wtf, no no no, damn i shouldnt of saved u. she goes nuts or cries in some corner lol

yeah mission is gonna be the bomb!
i hope the US shows up(i would prefer aussie team lmao!) and has some cool looking characters that own things, maybe someone whose has cleared 10 times or the whole team has the big monkey suit and gundams.

@kozar, pages back, nah i meant george the black dude from osaka, george marvin is a real person! lol

El Samurai Guapo
January 09, 2009, 04:11 AM
Honestly I think this mission is about hunting and killing the news reporter, and the reason why I thought of NJ and NY was because how i thought of team osaka, they remind me of NY and upper NJ lol, but is it me or does it seem that mostly all the Gantz are in a heavy populated areas?

Well yeah, the two teams we've seen so far have been from heavy metropolitan areas. I would guess since more people are likely to die at once in an urbanized area vs. a rural area, there's more people to scoop up before a mission. I wouldn't doubt it if there was a Kyoto gantz team as well.

A large country like the U.S. with several large metro areas could have dozens of team. I hope we get to see at least one american gantz team though.

I would actually like it if (after the next 1-2 chapters) right as the mission is about to start, the story goes (temporarily) in a different direction. A new chapter would start saying something like: "One year earlier in Los Angeles, California..." and then we see a new protagonist introduced... right before he gets killed and ends up in a gantz room. The story would then follow this character and his team for a while, gradually getting back to the time where we left off with Kurono and the others.. Eventually, this new LA gantz team gets summoned to the room for a mission, and gets transported to a new location in some undisclosed place where they come comes face to face with Tokyo team. At which point, they must cooperate to complete the new mission.

This could also be a chance to show a Gantz ball with a different personality. For example, the LA team's ball might disclose more information so as to keep the plot moving forward for us readers while all this is happening. The LA team could then share their information with the Tokyo crew.

(I just said LA, because its the biggest city over here on the west coast, but really it could be any city in states).

NumeroUno
January 09, 2009, 05:26 AM
It would be hilarious if host samurai is sitting around with his vampire homies lol and starts to transport they are gonna be like WTF!!.

102jayday
January 09, 2009, 06:40 AM
I would actually like it if (after the next 1-2 chapters) right as the mission is about to start, the story goes (temporarily) in a different direction. A new chapter would start saying something like: "One year earlier in Los Angeles, California..." and then we see a new protagonist introduced... right before he gets killed and ends up in a gantz room. The story would then follow this character and his team for a while, gradually getting back to the time where we left off with Kurono and the others.. Eventually, this new LA gantz team gets summoned to the room for a mission, and gets transported to a new location in some undisclosed place where they come comes face to face with Tokyo team. At which point, they must cooperate to complete the new mission.

This could also be a chance to show a Gantz ball with a different personality. For example, the LA team's ball might disclose more information so as to keep the plot moving forward for us readers while all this is happening. The LA team could then share their information with the Tokyo crew.

(I just said LA, because its the biggest city over here on the west coast, but really it could be any city in states).

hmm yeah but then people would be whining that theres no kurono + old cast etc.maybe have flashbacks during the mission of some characters in the new team ^^

LOL @ the host samurai thing, he prob say guys im gonna have a smoke alone now! then they see kill bill getting transported and host samurai says uhh shes a witch, burn her in some sunlight. i wish oku would show more of the vampires now since some are in the team.

@hoi hoi bringing izumi back, yes!! that would be funny, izumi would have the biggest "............." or be like wtf the only person who wanted to bring me back was a panda bear?!

NumeroUno
January 09, 2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah... The last thing Gantz needs now is to literally jump to another story and protagonist. It would be nice if like there was like a little mini series or some thing that comes with new chapters.

LOL @ the host samurai thing, he prob say guys im gonna have a smoke alone now! then they see kill bill getting transported and host samurai says uhh shes a witch, burn her in some sunlight. i wish oku would show more of the vampires now since some are in the team.

@hoi hoi bringing izumi back, yes!! that would be funny, izumi would have the biggest "............." or be like wtf the only person who wanted to bring me back was a panda bear?!

I don't even think Gantz cared for Izumi much either. It seemed like he changed right before he died so he may not be the same bad ass Izumi that we know. He might end up like the wimpy Kei that we see now. lol :p

bumbari19
January 09, 2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah... The last thing Gantz needs now is to literally jump to another story and protagonist. It would be nice if like there was like a little mini series or some thing that comes with new chapters.

but to be sincere, i liked idea to bring the osakans into the mission, that gave us pretty much stuff to discuss. i couldn't imagine to stay within the small circle of the tokyo hunters knowing now that there are many other gantz teams in the world.

apart from that it isn't very probable that we'll see a story arc that will concentrate on US hunters, since there gantz already recruited some americans during the kappe mission (nothing personal, but i didn't like those characters) and then oku had them killed them toward the end in an unspectacular way. i'm seeing that as a failed experiment.

he's building a very special atmosphere around germany. first with nishi's website and then with kikuchi visiting those creepy looking guys speaking in "translating machine german". it's all a sign that either the katastrophe or the next mission will be in germany. i mean, i wouldn't even exclude that this mission will be a briefing about the katastrophe :D

tjkubo
January 09, 2009, 05:58 PM

I don't even think Gantz cared for Izumi much either. It seemed like he changed right before he died so he may not be the same bad ass Izumi that we know. He might end up like the wimpy Kei that we see now. lol :p
If Izumi is revived, wouldn't he be the Izumi after the Oni mission like Kei? I wouldn't say he'd be changed dramatically. Anyways, I want Izumi back so much because he has so much character. I admire/enjoy that "I would rather die than admit I'm wrong" attitude. That's why I like Nishi as well.

Vancyer
January 09, 2009, 06:57 PM
^^^oh shit. yes you are right... my bad sorry

well i wonder if nishi knew there was a transfer imminent. for some reason, i dont think this is just a mission......

Amigo!
January 10, 2009, 03:04 AM
has it said in the manga whether or not any of the other gantz teams have any idea about katastophe i dont think so right?

El Samurai Guapo
January 10, 2009, 03:33 AM
has it said in the manga whether or not any of the other gantz teams have any idea about katastophe i dont think so right?

Probably not, unless they have a veteran like Nishi on the team. I know Osaka probably doesn't have a clue because their veterans got killed in the previous mission. I doubt Kuwabara knows anything.

NumeroUno
January 10, 2009, 11:25 AM
Lol Kuwabara probably wouldn't even care..

man28jump
January 10, 2009, 12:02 PM
srry to burst yall bubbles but gantz doesnt really care about them getting propperly ready for a war. he may of lied to him since in chapter 29 nishi said "this is only for his own sick little amusement" and has everybody forgot about reikas crazy but. She could kill kourno any time during the misson when there alone
[hr]
i hope they bring bac those two charaters who died at the temple in the old mission they were huging each other dead with their body sliced in half

NumeroUno
January 10, 2009, 12:58 PM
srry to burst yall bubbles but gantz doesnt really care about them getting propperly ready for a war. he may of lied to him since in chapter 29 nishi said "this is only for his own sick little amusement" and has everybody forgot about reikas crazy but. She could kill kourno any time during the misson when there alone
<hr noshade size="1">
i hope they bring bac those two charaters who died at the temple in the old mission they were huging each other dead with their body sliced in half

Its more than just sick amusement for Gantz. He wont have anymore toys to play with if every one is dead. Nishi has also shown that he doesn't know shit. :p
We still don't know what "katastrophe" is.. It could be anything..

Sorry to burst your bubble... :D

Tumerking
January 10, 2009, 01:54 PM
Has anyone thought that maybe Gantz doesn't want katastrophe to happen? Maybe Gantz is making one more mission with all the Gantz players in the world to prevent katastrophe. If i'm correct then this mission will last over a year in real-life time. Probably a couple days in Gantz time.

NumeroUno
January 10, 2009, 04:48 PM
I hope not..

EliteBeatAgents
January 10, 2009, 09:38 PM
what I don't get about Gantz is that if he was created to help protect the earth then why the hell not supply them with the mechs and H guns?

Dem0drec Legi0n
January 10, 2009, 10:06 PM
what I don't get about Gantz is that if he was created to help protect the earth then why the hell not supply them with the mechs and H guns?

Probably because the E.T. are made by humans.

Damura
January 11, 2009, 12:25 AM

Probably not, unless they have a veteran like Nishi on the team. I know Osaka probably doesn't have a clue because their veterans got killed in the previous mission. I doubt Kuwabara knows anything.

"It's called the "internet."" Nishi said that when the group asked him how he knows about Katastrophe. Any team in contact with Nishi knows about Katastrophe. That said, who knows who Nishi could be in contact with? Surely he would have mentioned something if he knew the Osakans. I'm hoping we get another joint mission. It was good to see a lot of new faces. If we do, I'm hoping it will be with Osaka.

Vancyer
January 11, 2009, 03:03 AM
it would be good to see osaka again. even if the only survivors that were around last time are Kuwa, Nerdo and the girls. (and possibly knob) lol

Damura
January 11, 2009, 03:59 AM
^
I want Osaka back just for Kuwa!

tidal_alchemist87
January 11, 2009, 12:24 PM
I was hoping Nishi didn't die there. I think nishi had to not "show" the suits power and weapons so his brain wouldnt explode(remember the gangster who was showing off and his brain exploded?) so that's why he probably didn't use his invisibility.. I dont think the book ever showed but how does a suit recharge? will Nishi go into Gantz with a busted suit on top of perhaps some penalties?

I'm not sure that rule is as hard and fast as it was before I mean the whole "Kurono Kei dies" arc was due to the fact his face was shown on national television while he was fighting the vampire dude. Anyone else think that this mission will have them working with another team??

man28jump
January 11, 2009, 04:14 PM
reika could end up killing kei did every body forget

Tumerking
January 11, 2009, 05:23 PM

And where did you hear this?

NumeroUno
January 11, 2009, 05:33 PM
I don't think Reika could kill Kurono. She loves that bitch to much to kill him even if he doesn't love her..

Lsshin
January 11, 2009, 05:49 PM
I don't think Reika could kill Kurono. She loves that bitch to much to kill him even if he doesn't love her..

true that, but i do wish for it to happend do XD

Damura
January 11, 2009, 06:09 PM

Plus, Reika's almost as useless as Inaba.

Vancyer
January 11, 2009, 07:33 PM
sad but its true... she is fairly useless

NumeroUno
January 11, 2009, 07:52 PM
Her and Inaba are perfect for each other.. I just don't want to see Inaba's bitch ass get his way..

warbandit66
January 11, 2009, 07:59 PM
Thank God! You people know your stuff. Alot of people seem to have got it into their heads that Reika's ability extends beyond blatant fanservice all because she took out some measly oni foot soldiers.

Kozar927
January 11, 2009, 10:54 PM
OMG
I can come out of hiding !!! lol
I knew your all the gantz fans I used to love ;]
I thought this board became the "Change the name of this manga to Reika" board

She is soooo Useless. Like war said she killed a few minor onis and she is a gantz legand. Hardly. Sei Sakuraoka had potential to be good, but reika. No thanks

Vancyer
January 11, 2009, 11:00 PM
i reckon, if this mission (if its a mission) shows any bit of difficultly, she will try to impress Kurono and get herself killed.

or maybe that's just me HOPING what happens

102jayday
January 12, 2009, 12:52 AM
Her and Inaba are perfect for each other.. I just don't want to see Inaba's bitch ass get his way..

no they are not perfect! man if inaba hooks up with reika i am gonna be pissed. he does not deserve some hotness like that.
reika is not useless guys lol shes hot and that means lots of gantzers wanna try harder to impress her lol, shes some motivation but kurono is fine with the image of tae baking cookies.

but yeh i think shes gonna do some nuts stuff in this mission, maybe get owned and die or save kurono and die or fight something strong and win then die(like katou did) hmm anything else that could mean she will die....um she tells the world she is a gantzer from her tv and gantz kills her. wait thats a use! everytime people see the gantzers fight and see reika they think its a live action movie or show!

but then again she may get 100 points...well 90, hoi hoi has shown us how easy it is to get 40 points(off screen killing..) but reikas big dish of points was off screen too, nishi was sort of too! off screen kills are the best to dish up the points easy!

Amigo!
January 12, 2009, 01:12 AM
i bet the next chapter is just them being in the room and talking about useless shit, we'll have to wait till the next chapter for anything cool to happen.

102jayday
January 12, 2009, 03:22 AM
the last 2 missions have had the final boss photo on it, not like the other missions except the ring aliens and shorty. so maybe we will see the what the final boss looks like.
its got o be something awesome to top off nuri.

The Technical
January 12, 2009, 09:43 AM
Nuri is pretty freaggin' hard to top, the guy was the f-in' man!

Flare of Ra
January 12, 2009, 11:51 AM
Nuri was almost killed by the Osaka two timer guy. No one knew how to approach him is the thing. I don't think it would be hard to improve on him. Heres the thing Host Samurai here knew the boss of the Oni Mission so theres a good chance he knows about quite of few of these higher up ranking aliens. I think that information will become valuable during the catrostrophe assuming he has it.

dariusmg
January 12, 2009, 05:35 PM
They can be good couple and she needs to forget about Kurono.
Katastrophe fill be based on amotions and no one with emotion will survive. If you feel some think so the worst think will apair as your nightmare, just free minded cold killer mashine will survive it.

Amnesiac
January 12, 2009, 07:34 PM
Difficulty of a mission is not just about the powers/strength of the targets.

I bet the next mission will be more morally aggressive, more like the first missions. The targets will be "weak", but the circumstances will make it hard to find the will to attack them. Gantz will make the targets some helpless aliens, another gantz team, regular humans, or even make the tokyo team fight amongst themselves.

Examples of possible targets:

- Osaka Team (including nerdo and kuwabara, with a possible revelation of anzu being revived), also with the twist of mission fail=everyone dies instead of score reset;
- Japanese army base, again with the twist of loss=death to force them to fight, or maybe making them spawn in the middle of the base which could prompt the base to start attacking;
- A bunch of peaceful and mostly helpless aliens;
- Tokyo Team newbies.

Rocky D. Brittania
January 12, 2009, 08:07 PM
Sweet! I don't think anyone else has said this!
I don't think there is ANY chance of Reika killing Krunono. It's obvious what she's going to to, MAKE A COPY!!! Just like how Kei Kishimoto had 2 of herself running around, Reika is going to make another Kurono and get all the sexy time she wants because he won't have to worry about Tae. :beer

Also, for the record i hate fugly, frumpy ass Tae.... they should have left it how it was going to be where Kurono was going to break up with Tae so he wouldn't "make her life any harder" and he was gonna be with Reika. Or at least bring back Sakuraoka Sei! She was a hot, wanted Kurono and a badass fighter. Perfect combination!:headbang

Amnesiac
January 12, 2009, 08:47 PM
Reika isn't really gonna copy Kurono, it's just a momentary lapse of character.

Eventually she'll realise how crazy it sounds. I mean, imagine the other player's faces, specially Kurono's, if she asked gantz to "revive" him.

She'll probably settle for taking suicidal risks in-missions. Or she could kill Tae, but I doubt that.

Kozar927
January 12, 2009, 09:09 PM
i agree with amnesiac and BTW many many people have said tht theory b 4 lol ^__^

I think she is going to realize her stupidity and not act on tht thing she said at the end of the chapter. I tink Oku really wrote himself into a cornor their. Nothing good (That is interesting or appealing to readers) can come from her acting out what she said.

102jayday
January 12, 2009, 09:17 PM
i dont think reika would kill tae because she used 100 points on her before.
also it could be possible to bring a new kurono because oku had akira killed by host samurai. akira is gone forever but him and kurono are twins so do yous get what i am hinting at, for a safecard for a new kurono.

personally i would like there to be 10 kuronos! one for tae, one for reika(she might want 2 though) one for katou lol. one for kishimoto, one for sei and the rest to own aliens. ps i was joking.

warbandit66
January 12, 2009, 09:56 PM
Why haven't we seen Kei at Akira's funeral yet?

And I don't think that Akira and Kei are twins. I think Akira is a couple of years younger.

EliteBeatAgents
January 12, 2009, 10:27 PM
Why haven't we seen Kei at Akira's funeral yet?

And I don't think that Akira and Kei are twins. I think Akira is a couple of years younger.

Akira is 14, Kei is 17

gantz seems such a weird name there must be more meaning to the name, like an acronym of something.

German Alien neutralizing Team Z(something).

that's my guess.

102jayday
January 13, 2009, 12:53 AM
yeh but akira is tall and they both look alike.
but when akira was not a vampire he did look different

Damura
January 13, 2009, 04:15 AM
Was Akira really that young? I always thought he was older... I dunno.

EDIT: I meant that I thought he was older than Kei

Shion Izumi
January 13, 2009, 10:27 AM
why has there not been a chapter with the Vampires? it seems that after Kurono and Izumi's death that they are pretty much written off the manga. WTF.

we need some Host Samurai/Izumi flashback to when they first met and why he has beef with the hunters.

Charlie
January 13, 2009, 05:46 PM

Nah I dont see that happening, I don't know where people started getting the idea the Rekia is gona kill Kei or everyone else from. I mean thats stretching what was stated in the manga by like a mile. I don't see Kurono's #1 fan ever going that looney. Sure she's crazy for wanting to revive an already existing person but wanting that and being looney are two different things.
[hr]

Plus, Reika's almost as useless as Inaba.
NO!!!

STOP

THE

Thank God! You people know your stuff. Alot of people seem to have got it into their heads that Reika's ability extends beyond blatant fanservice all because she took out some measly oni foot soldiers.
REKIA BASHING

OMG
I can come out of hiding !!! lol
I knew your all the gantz fans I used to love ;]
I thought this board became the "Change the name of this manga to Reika" board

She is soooo Useless. Like war said she killed a few minor onis and she is a gantz legand. Hardly. Sei Sakuraoka had potential to be good, but reika. No thanks
MADNESS

i reckon, if this mission (if its a mission) shows any bit of difficultly, she will try to impress Kurono and get herself killed.

or maybe that's just me HOPING what happens
think of banging madness instead lol:D

Do I sense an anti-Rekia bash here?:mad lol. :notrust
I like Rekia's character, I don't like what she did in the last mission but I could understand. I see her on the same level as Sei, so much untapped potential there. We saw bits of Sei being bad ass when she needed to be and we saw bit more from Rekia because she lasted more than one mission. I think Sei would have been close to 100 points if she was still here. Another reason I want here back in the next chapter. Assume she is back, 3 way love triangle for Kei :) and Gantz becomes Hentai :)

Amnesiac
January 13, 2009, 07:03 PM
Honestly I don't understand all the bashing, be it with Reika or any other character. If we had a team of perfect badass players gantz would go right to the trash bin, just boring. Why do you think Oku killed off Oka?

flawed characters = interesting story

Charlie
January 13, 2009, 07:24 PM
Honestly I don't understand all the bashing, be it with Reika or any other character. If we had a team of perfect badass players gantz would go right to the trash bin, just boring. Why do you think Oku killed off Oka?

flawed characters = interesting story

I agree thats why most of us liked Kurono from the beginning, although he is becoming more Katou-ish now but who cares. Waiting for the next chapter is too hard, hopefully we get 25 pages.

I cant think of a way to top the last mission, a hundred pointer is too bad ass and can't be beat by just strength alone as the previous mission showed. I think if there was a Buddha mission with only 100 pointers would be awsome, half or more of the current team would be wiped out which hasn't happened for a while. So something on that scale should be coming soon, I want to see some new faces in the room as well as a few old ones.

I'm gona laugh my sweet ass off if the students from Nishi's class come in the room cant wait too see what Gantz has planned. What happened with the info on the factory owner? I though we would get some more info on that too.

Damura
January 13, 2009, 08:12 PM
^
"I can't think of a way to top the last mission"

I have three ideas.
1. A hundred pointer that doesn't mess around like Nurarihyon.
2. 2 hundred pointers.
3. Tokyo vs. Inaba.

102jayday
January 13, 2009, 08:19 PM
yeh i cant stand how everyone hates reika so much lol but i UNDERSTAND with Inaba lol!
anyhow nishi would prob tell them to go to this area thats out of bounds for safety and they will believe and die lol.

well sort of had a half party wipe in the osaka mission.
baldy,nishi,inaba,kaze,takashi and kill bill. MIA (meaning they were unable to fight and dying) Sataka KIA plus 3 new randoms KIA from out of bounds. thats 10 people and we had cherry, reika, host samurai and katou only ones who could still fight.

@damura, i think the toyko vs inaba yep that would do it!
maybe 3 100 pointers. osaka had the trio nuri being 100 and the other 2 were 70 points.
i wonder how much minotaur spider was worth.
maybe just a huge strong army.
like 15 strong elite aliens.
or something like the oni mission when each gantzer had to fight a different type/element alien, that is cool

tjkubo
January 13, 2009, 09:00 PM
What about a mission against the vampires? There's never been an official Gantz battle with them. (Except perhaps with Izumi in the past) Maybe the boss vampire. I wonder if we'll ever find out what the deal is with the vampire virus.

cassaruby
January 13, 2009, 11:23 PM
i enjoyed the oni mission but i thought the element thing in general was lame as in corny.

yeah, i think izumi and vampires go together. they showed up at the same time, and they both are kinda random. The story really took a turn when Izumi showed up... completely different vibes then what had been set before. Kinda like from scary realistic to superhuman unbelievable. It's about time the vampires die too they never had much to offer as far as I see; just like Kurono's brother... might be time to move on to new vibes. And I think Oku did with Nuri... that was scary again.

I like Katou and Nishi most. Katou has a will stronger than most people's logic (most give up) in the face of hopelessness and Nishi is the answer to everything but he always loses haha.

Damura
January 14, 2009, 01:54 AM
It's about time the vampires die too!? Izumi killed like 300 of them before he died! How many are there anyway? Can't be that many people out there with nanomachines in their body..

cassaruby
January 14, 2009, 02:04 AM
There's one that counts; the boss of one of the upcoming missions.

102jayday
January 14, 2009, 02:11 AM
i thought the elements were pretty good.
the stone one vs kaze was a good fight.
the fire one vs sataka and cherry was good.
the shapeshifter was humourous from toying with inaba and having him freak.

well do you think they would have a mission in daylight for vampires.....HOLD ON there has never been a day mission. nishi was at school so that proves its daytime lol. but i guess thats the best way on fighting vampires in the daylight if u can find them, they are weaker ya? but we did see izumi fight them in daylight when he was on a double date with his gf, tae and kei.
but yeah there should be something on the vamps soon because of host samurai is in gantz now. everyone says we have not seen the vampires for ages but thats because of our time not theirs.
the last of the vampire action was when kurono died which was less than a week ago in (GANTZ) besides pass the nuri mission we have seen them heaps. outside of missions and even in parts of some missions.

Phyrox
January 14, 2009, 05:18 AM

well do you think they would have a mission in daylight for vampires.....HOLD ON there has never been a day mission. nishi was at school so that proves its daytime lol. .

Eeeehm u made a mistake dude =) he was at school when it was Daytime but when the police came it were already night
look here: http://mangahut.com/manga/Gantz/288/pg13
they took a lot of time to come =)

102jayday
January 14, 2009, 06:57 AM
ah hell LOL. thanks. im blind sometimes.
geez that just tells us that nishi really wanted to die because he could of left and all....instead of waiting 3 hours. lol
maybe he said "???? why things have to turn out like this" because he felt the tingle for a new mission.
i would like to see a day mission though lol

Damura
January 14, 2009, 08:25 AM
Gantz is Solar powered. Has to spend a whole day sucking in energy before it can start replicating humans and saving the world. Mistakes tend to occur just as the Gantz is using up the last of it's energy reserves for cloning: Kishimoto's real life version surviving, various animals joining the team, and Inaba.

cassaruby
January 14, 2009, 11:23 AM

Those were all awesome fights, but the concept of elements was one of the weakest I've seen... maybe just because it's been done before alot. during the fire/sakata cherry fight i was showing gantz of to some of my friends for the first time and i was like ahh *shakes head* not the best scene to show off for a first look (could see it in their eyes.. not impressed). fireballs and what not, just didn't look right (edit: t rex shooting fireballs was hilarious, loved that one). buddha and nuri were real fun though... i think it's katou that does it for me though. Katou vs God x2 (Buddha) lol, Nuri called himself god pretty much. Maybe Katou will fight some other religions idol next... Dracula?

Quetz
January 14, 2009, 11:40 AM
Pretty sure this next mission is going to be to take out the camera guy as he gets back from germany. That might actually BE the katastrophe, the world finds out about gantz, everyone gets ahold of the gantz technology and super sizes it, and ends up fighting each other to death over it.

That's assuming there are more plants like the one in germany. If the one in germany is the only one, then germany would seize it, and have a monopoly on such amazing technology. In which case uber teched out germany versus the world would be another possible katastrophe scenario.

EliteBeatAgents
January 14, 2009, 04:50 PM
Gantz is Solar powered. Has to spend a whole day sucking in energy before it can start replicating humans and saving the world. Mistakes tend to occur just as the Gantz is using up the last of it's energy reserves for cloning: Kishimoto's real life version surviving, various animals joining the team, and Inaba.

It's like what Nishi said, Gantz just half asses things.
[hr]

well do you think they would have a mission in daylight for vampires.....HOLD ON there has never been a day mission. nishi was at school so that proves its daytime lol. but i guess thats the best way on fighting vampires in the daylight if u can find them, they are weaker ya? but we did see izumi fight them in daylight when he was on a double date with his gf, tae and kei.
but yeah there should be something on the vamps soon because of host samurai is in gantz now. everyone says we have not seen the vampires for ages but thats because of our time not theirs.
the last of the vampire action was when kurono died which was less than a week ago in (GANTZ) besides pass the nuri mission we have seen them heaps. outside of missions and even in parts of some missions.

No, because when it's daylight the vamps put on that medicine, so the best time to fight them would be at night with the sun light.

102jayday
January 14, 2009, 09:36 PM
true, maybe i need to read the stuff after the dino mission to end again XD
nah no gantz this week, it already had its 4 issues in a row....a bad time though! because the magazine took some weeks off due to xmas and new year. so it wasnt 4 really in a row...sucks.
gantz should be weekly! or at least in 1 week we get spoilers to fed on and the next week is the chapter.
i dont think they will kill the reporter because the dudes in the building can do that lol. gun to the head and bang. and why other than money would those guys want to show a reporter gantz?! but i do think the team will bump into him in the mission and he will say its you kurono!

apathism
January 15, 2009, 01:32 AM
Nishi is one lucky m****r f****r. I can't wait for the next chapter hahaha.

Zelos
January 16, 2009, 09:44 AM
Pretty sure this next mission is going to be to take out the camera guy as he gets back from germany. That might actually BE the katastrophe, the world finds out about gantz, everyone gets ahold of the gantz technology and super sizes it, and ends up fighting each other to death over it.

That's assuming there are more plants like the one in germany. If the one in germany is the only one, then germany would seize it, and have a monopoly on such amazing technology. In which case uber teched out germany versus the world would be another possible katastrophe scenario.

Well, that would certainly be one possibility.
But where the heck do all the aliens come from?
I think the katastrophe will have something to do with the alien leader arriving or something like that...
Just because that's what Gantz is about.

I mean, why would Gantz know when the world will find out about that technology?
The exact time of the katastrophe has to be based on something.

Charlie
January 18, 2009, 04:27 AM
Well, that would certainly be one possibility.
But where the heck do all the aliens come from?
I think the katastrophe will have something to do with the alien leader arriving or something like that...
Just because that's what Gantz is about.

I mean, why would Gantz know when the world will find out about that technology?
The exact time of the katastrophe has to be based on something.

Good question, I don't know where the aliens come from but judging from previous chapters where the aliens talked a-bit, it seems like the planet belongs to them?

Like the Buddha alien asked something like, who are you or sent you and what are you doing here? And I vaguely remember somewhere else one alien said something like give the land back.

A-lot of the mystery is still unsolved and can only be speculated upon.

I think based on what the reporter said to Kei Gantz may infact be god. Aleast the German cult that worship the giant Gantz ball belives so. I also think that ball in Germany is the head ball or original that controls all the clones. Hence knowing when the world may end or whatnot is not impossible.

GAT-X252
January 18, 2009, 08:36 AM
Like the Buddha alien asked something like, who are you or sent you and what are you doing here? And I vaguely remember somewhere else one alien said something like give the land back.

The Kannon of 1000 arms alien, in fact asked why they were attacking them they didn't do anything wrong anyway...

These aliens even took a form(yes, they took the "statue" form intencionally, like the aliens of the last mission took a "Yokai" form) wich basically made them do nothing all the day, just stand there.

About the other alien...well this alien was the big one that fought with Kaze in the last mission.

http://www.obakemono.com/obake/dorotabo/

The proper translation could be something like "Give me back my (rice)field!", some people did translated this line in a different why...that is because the line is really weird. That line is in fact part of the creature's he took the shape from folklore.

The aliens of the last mission took the shape of japanese monsters, those weren't their real forms. and that one also took his lines...:tem

EliteBeatAgents
January 18, 2009, 03:11 PM
The Kannon of 1000 arms alien, in fact asked why they were attacking them they didn't do anything wrong anyway...

These aliens even took a form(yes, they took the "statue" form intencionally, like the aliens of the last mission took a "Yokai" form) wich basically made them do nothing all the day, just stand there.

About the other alien...well this alien was the big one that fought with Kaze in the last mission.

The proper translation could be something like "Give me back my (rice)field!", some people did translated this line in a different why...that is because the line is really weird. That line is in fact part of the creature's he took the shape from folklore.

The aliens of the last mission took the shape of japanese monsters, those weren't their real forms. and that one also took his lines...:tem

So what you're telling me is that all the aliens that we mate are shapeshifters that are trying to fight in our daily lives, and most of these aliens are from Japanese folklores? would that mean that the aliens in America would be Bloody Mary, NJ devil, monsters from popular movies(Ghost busters, Nightmare on elm street) and other things?

Charlie
January 18, 2009, 04:08 PM
@ GAT-X252

Good point, I just checked the Buddha mission and all he asked was why do earthlings treat them badly, and he stated the aliens did not do anything wrong.
http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-086/page008.html

About the other alien... After checking your link seems you are correct here as-well the Author Oku, seems to like foklore/mytholgy alot and adds it to the manga. Guess I forgot about that...However it still does not answer the question asked by Zelos. About where the aliens come from.

So I suppose we just have to wait until we get more Intel on the matter, until then it will be all speculation.

GAT-X252
January 18, 2009, 07:54 PM
So what you're telling me is that all the aliens that we mate are shapeshifters that are trying to fight in our daily lives, and most of these aliens are from Japanese folklores? would that mean that the aliens in America would be Bloody Mary, NJ devil, monsters from popular movies(Ghost busters, Nightmare on elm street) and other things?

I'm saying that some aliens (or maybe all, we don't know) use some kind of shapeshifting ability, maybe to hide themselfs or something like that.

The Buddha and the yokai aliens were examples of that...they weren't real yokai or statues...just aliens that had their forms.

The aliens IMO, were artificially made...i just can't see an alien mothership invading the earth...but i could be wrong.

Good point, I just checked the Buddha mission and all he asked was why do earthlings treat them badly, and he stated the aliens did not do anything wrong.

I just checked the raw and what the kannon says in that line is:

"Who are you? Why you local living things are doing this, who asked you?"

It doesn't says "earthlings" literally...

EliteBeatAgents
January 18, 2009, 09:26 PM
I'm saying that some aliens (or maybe all, we don't know) use some kind of shapeshifting ability, maybe to hide themselfs or something like that.

The Buddha and the yokai aliens were examples of that...they weren't real yokai or statues...just aliens that had their forms.

The aliens IMO, were artificially made...i just can't see an alien mothership invading the earth...but i could be wrong.

I just checked the raw and what the kannon says in that line is:

"Who are you? Why you local living things are doing this, who asked you?"

It doesn't says "earthlings" literally...

maybe the aliens use the same teleporting tech as gantz.

cassaruby
January 18, 2009, 11:53 PM
it's a guess what the bigger picture is right now. Are we all prisoner's dealing out justice to some other prisoner aliens? Are we endanger and we have a chance to fight for freedom? Humans or a mad scientist gone crazy and offing themselves by big boom? Maybe, Gantz is the new and improved internet :o?? Oku will choose his favorite.

The beginning was like a dream, everyone waking up and doing their work or not (and dying off). Why have the gantzers trodded along so long. As of now it's just survival. The only thing they have is a new respect for their lives. I think they woke up for a reason and a select few will complete the journey.

Edit: But I don't think they'll find anything at the end. Maybe they'll end up at square one in the end. I got a friend of me into Gantz. We farmed together and he was an unlikely person to get into the Gantz world. He loved it and so do I for the meaning Gantz hovers around but never touches on. So I'd like to think in the end all these people wasting away and getting killed might wake up and just plain grow in a positive way. You either end up in the Gantz game fighting to fight, fighting for something you love or stuck in limbo.

Gantz is constantly asking what if you die right now? What do you offer anything? Who loses something when your gone? Mostly something sad happens.

102jayday
January 19, 2009, 06:16 AM

maybe the aliens aernt aliens? maybe they were humans that were turned into monsters. they know how things are on earth, the rock lee paid money at store. the onion boss had a bag of food. then u have the vampires.
the oni aliens acted like humans.

dariusmg
January 19, 2009, 08:23 AM
maybe the aliens aernt aliens? maybe they were humans that were turned into monsters. they know how things are on earth, the rock lee paid money at store. the onion boss had a bag of food. then u have the vampires.
the oni aliens acted like humans.

As I predicted earlier aliens are the mutated humans randomly released by teleportation equipment

KevinSephiroth
January 19, 2009, 09:34 AM
maybe it's just a sort of tv show ...

102jayday
January 19, 2009, 10:33 AM
well you know katou had that day dream(it was during nighttime though lol)
that it was some game show. in onion mission

cassaruby
January 19, 2009, 12:11 PM
I would guess the aliens were really aliens when the manga started. Men in black style, living among us. As the story progressed the mystery unfolded different ways until we got to katastrophe now.

So, I'm not too sure if Gantz' roots as the manga began and what it is now can be pieced together as a coherent concept.

It's kinda grown into what it is by revealing the unknown until at the end there shouldn't be much to work with. Or at least this whole time it could have gone any way Oku wanted. There's been so many missions now and each mission slowly changes what Gantz was each time.

Edit: I think that's why Oku brought back Katou and Nishi. It "might" have been getting alittle retarded without those two. Bring back Gantz' strong roots with those two key members and everything gets stronger again. When those two died off, well we got vampires. The story hasn't progressed much (relatively) until we got those two back.

In terms of story (as far as I'm concerned) the real story last left off with the buddha mission. Then it continued with the Nuri mission. The next mission and katastrophe might be good or it might be another daytime latern day dream (all of what Kurono did after Buddha...though Kurono's love life has been an interesting progression). All the rest we've seen (Kurono's stuff) was like fan service for us all, and I'm so glad it's picking up again. All the good players are in play, even Kishimoto's gonna get some panels in the future, woohoo.

KevinSephiroth
January 19, 2009, 12:13 PM
well you know katou had that day dream(it was during nighttime though lol)
that it was some game show. in onion mission

Oh I totally forgot this. true, and Nishi sorta said something similar (can't remember if it was on manga or anime though) :amuse

So, I'm not too sure if Gantz' roots as the manga began and what it is now can be pieced together as a coherent concept.

Well I think (as he draw many incoherences) Oku doesn't know precisely what he's going into... We'll see later I hope! :p

cassaruby
January 19, 2009, 12:23 PM
that was the nerdy guys day dream not Katou's.

http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-012/page004.html

go back a panel to see the day dream.

Folly
January 20, 2009, 12:50 AM
I'm still holding to my theory that the aliens are just creatures created by Gantz using images from popular media. The monsters were created and the dead people taken for the purpose of testing out the weapons in realistic combat scenarios. Once the weapons are ready, they will be given to real soldiers who will be sent to far away galaxies to battle the real aliens who are gradually making their way towards earth.
Incidentally, they can't just use their gantz-technology against the real aliens because it is heavily dependent upon a delicate satellite network which can only affect earth.

Katastrophy is the final day of testing, when the test subjects will be destroyed because they are no longer needed.

Kozar927
January 20, 2009, 02:09 AM
^ I actlly like this theory, and i dnt usually likee alot of the theorys :P

I doubt its true but i really hope so. Its an ending that would do gantz justice

georgemarvin
January 20, 2009, 03:46 AM
I remember at the end of one of the volumes and in some interviews, Oku said that he knew how the Gantz story would end from day one. I think he's still on track for that ending.
This series is more about the characters than about the missions. We all remember Kishimoto, Sei, the sniper, and a lot of other characters who only appeared in a few chapters. Even the throw-away characters have a vivid personality all their own. And we have seen Kei progress from a selfish punk to a caring human being. This isn't just a shoot-em-up adventure, it is a study of our humanity in the face of uncertainty and war.
How's this for a possible ending: The Gantz team finds out that they are really on an alien planet, and are being used by Gantz to figure out Earthlings' weaknesses before the aliens invade the real earth.
Another possibility: Gantz is a super-secret government project that was created by commandeering alien technology. Its mission is to keep illegal aliens from coming to Earth, by any means necessary.
We can have a lot of fun speculating about Gantz' motives, but only Oku knows for sure.

KevinSephiroth
January 20, 2009, 07:14 AM
Well maybe Oku knew from day one what ending he's coming to, we can be sure jump editors will try to make him more chapters before though. Like they did for yuyuhakusho, dragon ball and all.

102jayday
January 20, 2009, 11:01 AM
yeah most start the story from the ending.
i always think of an ending and then think how would i start the story and add all the stuff to make the ending more meanful and stuff
dbz plot pretty easy, the ending was like goku turning super sayian and win then die on planet (the maker intended on that being the ending but fans beg for more and more of goku too)
this mission in gantz i wonder if host samurai will wear a suit, he doesnt need one but he would own if he did. i cant stand the look of him wearing it though so maybe he has the gantz suit under his nice suit ^^ hmm maybe he should paint the gloves white to make it look less strange and maybe i dunno what he would do with those funny basket ball gantz shoes XD

but yeh a boss alien coming to earth would be good because then finally gantz has a main bad guy and lets hope he is not around for just one mission.

Raysen_ht
January 20, 2009, 04:49 PM
This next mission has to be Katastrofy itself right? Cuzz the time has run out on them...
Im really exited about the next mission.. i think we will finally get some answears!

bean
January 20, 2009, 05:01 PM
this has probably been brought up already, but how did those numbers add up to a countdown? Was it a countdown in seconds?

kaliayev
January 20, 2009, 05:19 PM
How's this for a possible ending: The Gantz team finds out that they are really on an alien planet, and are being used by Gantz to figure out Earthlings' weaknesses before the aliens invade the real earth.

I'm generally a fan of that sort of sci-fi paranoia combined with controlled observation for the sake of knowing one's enemy. In these mediums, it's typically used because the aliens are isolated from the humans they wish to annihilate or they lack some knowledge that is essential in their invasion plans (i.e. producing a false environment to gain access codes the nuclear arsenals of various countries). However, in the case of gantz, such methods of deception and observation seem excessively tedious.

First, many of the aliens have adapted to their surrounding culture and other living conditions. For example, several of the oni aliens knew who Reika was and were quite capable of blending in with their surroundings in order to lure the hunters into a trap. Such "scouts" could easily develop an understanding of basic human nature without forcing conflicts between themselves and humans (only two individuals, Kaze and Kurono, have had incredible shifts in personality as a result of gantz. The rest have pretty much been completely static or were well on their way to changing their perspectives before entering gantz).

Second, gantz is taking rather insignificant individuals from contemporary and random instances of death and putting them in a life or death situation. The obvious argument in favor of this is that the aliens want to know the most universal forms and expressions of resistance accessible to and relied upon by humans. However, given the overwhelming physical advantages they have displayed over humans, such basic resistance would hardly hinder them in whatever plans they have for humanity. Like I said in my example, experiments of conditioned observation would be reasonable if trying to acquire a substantial tactical advantage. Since these individuals have virtually no wealth of power in their normal lives, their individual efforts would hardly register in comparison to the organized resistance that could be offered by governments and the military forces under their control. In fact, by giving individuals access to the technology of gantz, they are increasing the resistance capabilities of the native population, and that would make little sense if such improvements would enable the native population to contend with the invading forces.

At the same time, things are different if the aliens wish to subjugate humans. Perhaps they need them for forced labor or they have a bizarre (in our terms), naturalistic (in their terms) necessity to harvest human beings as resources. However, neither of these seem to be the case as recent aliens have indiscriminately killed nearby humans, suggesting that they have no ultimate reason to keep humanity from going extinct other than ethical considerations. At the same time, as illustrated by the yokai and the oni, simple vengeance would be ample justification for annihilating humanity.

warbandit66
January 20, 2009, 05:36 PM
this has probably been brought up already, but how did those numbers add up to a countdown? Was it a countdown in seconds?

Good to see you back here.

The countdown was either in minutes or seconds. I can't quite remember but some people worked out what it was when we first got the spoilers.

fistsofrage
January 20, 2009, 06:25 PM
The plot for this manga has gone beyond me. I was following for a while but when kurono came back i got totally lost, all previous predictions are out the window and im just sitting in my seat hoping Oka can make a good ending out of all of this. I'm mostly confused cuz in kurono's current emotional state im not sure he'll be able to kick ass this mission and im almost certain someones gonna die.

JediKnight
January 20, 2009, 07:37 PM
Hi everyone I'm new.

Kurano should be alright, he got his memories back. He seems
have things together. I'm glad they're on a new mission, civilian
for the Gantz crew is boring. I just hope they interact with another
Gantz group. Osaka team was cool even though they were very
reckless and had bad organization.

Vancyer
January 20, 2009, 09:38 PM
^^^ well they would have had to have been effective in the past.... cause alot of them got 100 points a few times in the past....

they just got cocky

TerenceHill
January 20, 2009, 09:43 PM
Hey,
in all this fights against japanese mythology monsters...what coulld be the final monster? In this Thread someone posted a picture about the monster, Katout fought. Then, due to the history of gantz, it would be possible that in catastrophe, the final boss alien could be a dragon!

102jayday
January 21, 2009, 01:09 AM
from how things are going i think they have 2 days left till the katasphere.
it was like 7 days till it happens, its only been like 5 days since the mission.

subaru052
January 21, 2009, 03:55 AM
kata is not happening. there will be a mission that lasts a night in the gantz world. this will probably be over the next six months. i LOVE IT. fucking a, oku give us a mission with tokyo team before kata. PLEASE> THANK YOU. it gives the team time to get some points, it gives the team some time to TRAIN for the oncoming madness. kurono + katou = my fucking heart. this should be bad ass.

kaliayev
January 21, 2009, 10:41 AM
@subaru
It doesn't do much for them if their targets are like the onion aliens. Frankly, I see only three possibilities: 1) the one I mentioned above; 2) they have to hunt down the remnants of the tokyo vampires; or 3) there's another joint mission. I'm not really interested in the first or the last, so hopefully, it will be option two.