PDA

View Full Version : Theory The Dropped Name: Who is Dr. Vegapunk?

mars0103
January 06, 2009, 12:55 PM
the page got me thinking http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/03/ who is it first of all dadan a male or female name. Hopefully female and luffys mother. This is were some fudging comes in Dr vegapunk sex has not been stated to my knowledge mybe female and luffys mother. The only clue that I come up with this theroy is Kuma saving Luffys crew mybe on the orders of the good doctor.
This will bring a new a funny twist to the manga since grup.
what do you think.

Son Sebbe
January 06, 2009, 01:45 PM
the page got me thinking http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/03/ who is it first of all dadan a male or female name. Hopefully female and luffys mother. This is were some fudging comes in Dr vegapunk sex has not been stated to my knowledge mybe female and luffys mother. The only clue that I come up with this theroy is Kuma saving Luffys crew mybe on the orders of the good doctor.
This will bring a new a funny twist to the manga since grup.
what do you think.

Maybe VIVI is luffys mother, She helped luffy and the strawhats too...

Razh
January 06, 2009, 03:18 PM
Dr. Vegapunk doesn't have boobs.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/10/

It's pretty safe to assume that he's a man.

Dice
January 07, 2009, 02:39 PM
And besides that. Woudln't it be strange if such a genius has a son like this. Intelligience is at least partially influenced through your genes (the other part being your environment).

But Razh answered it already properly^^

kkck
January 07, 2009, 03:30 PM
Dr. Vegapunk doesn't have boobs.

It's pretty safe to assume that he's a man.

Vegapunk could be a flat chested woman though...

gfire2
January 07, 2009, 04:00 PM
according to chinese scanlations, wen they describe vegapunk they associate it with the male character (believe the chinese scanlations coz tsubasa chronicles they describce syaoran with a object symbol rather than a gender symbol) so its safe to say his a male

Dice
January 07, 2009, 04:54 PM

Flat chested? Mega intelligent? She'd be a nerd and I don't think that Dragon would date nerds XD

Although I don't think it will turn out to be true especially after the last post, I got to admit that I'd be a plot twist that would shock me^^

monkey D luffy
January 07, 2009, 05:06 PM
well kuma said "he is the man" nuff said

Razh
January 07, 2009, 06:23 PM
Obviously, not anybody can read as good as you do. :)

Onomatopoeia
January 13, 2009, 03:16 PM

Those aren't the features of a women I can tell you that. Unless were talking about the seriously fcked up weird women.

kkck
January 13, 2009, 05:42 PM
Those aren't the features of a women I can tell you that. Unless were talking about the seriously fcked up weird women.

Lol, I was joking about that. still, oda has always been unpredictable so who knows......

Razh
January 14, 2009, 02:26 PM
Lol, I was joking about that. still, oda has always been unpredictable so who knows......

well kuma said "he is the man" nuff said

Gecko Moria
January 16, 2009, 02:09 AM
Maybe Dr Vegapunk has started to realise the WG isnt as "justice" as its supposed to be and he wants to help the Strawhats, since theyre quite well-known for their disruption to the WG.

Makki
January 16, 2009, 03:40 AM
Maybe Dr Vegapunk has started to realise the WG isnt as "justice" as its supposed to be and he wants to help the Strawhats, since theyre quite well-known for their disruption to the WG.

I think not Vegapunk helped the strawhats, but Kuma on himself not by any order. He was a pirate before, maybe he noticed Luffy doesn't want to harm innocent people like usual pirates do on their journeys, that's why he is a good boy for him.
Or maybe it has to do with old Roger or Dragon (though i doubt this).
But I think Vegapunk is just even more weird than Hogback was already.
At least he knows how to make strong bots, like the PX series.. damn they were freakish..

Bugzee
May 03, 2010, 12:36 PM
The devil in OP imo. I personally think Vegapunk has a deep history and he wasn’t just a doctor to begin with. I have a feeling that his history is somehow connected/linked to the void century. I have no evidence.. it’s just a feeling. I get the impression that Vegapunk’s true goal/objective is not experimenting for the sake of the WG and creating all these weapons for them but something more frightening…

No *enter dead OP character here* Cyborg theroies please. :notrust

modoki
May 04, 2010, 10:33 AM
I think not Vegapunk helped the strawhats, but Kuma on himself not by any order. He was a pirate before, maybe he noticed Luffy doesn't want to harm innocent people like usual pirates do on their journeys, that's why he is a good boy for him.
Or maybe it has to do with old Roger or Dragon (though i doubt this).
But I think Vegapunk is just even more weird than Hogback was already.
At least he knows how to make strong bots, like the PX series.. damn they were freakish..

I don think so, Kuma acted on his own and probably told reyleigh that "I will transport the strawhats to separate destinations" which made rayleigh give the "you expect me to believe you" reply. Of course Kuma finally stated to luffy that they will never meet again, probably indicating Kuma knew about the future memory wipe as part of the process to be a complete pacifista and decided to do Dragon and reyleigh a favor.

During the war Xdrake stated that dr vegapunk is close to completing "something". As much as i want to say "complete pacifista" I believe there is more to it than that. In all honesty Kuma was a lot more powerful and aware with his memory,m im sure vegapunk has a good reason for this then.

-----------------------

Second note, by judging from vegapunks only faceless picture. My personal opinion is that he may be a kid.

omegakirby
May 11, 2010, 11:39 AM
I don think so, Kuma acted on his own and probably told reyleigh that "I will transport the strawhats to separate destinations" which made rayleigh give the "you expect me to believe you" reply.

While i agree Kuma acted alone he couldnt have told rayleigh something like that as he stated "Even i have doubts in the matter" so it was clearly a piece of information he had obtained, possibly something he wasnt suppose to know and he was passing it on since he knew he was going to become "Complete."

As for vegapunk i dont think he has any real relation to anyone currently, and we'll see him in due time

chess4
May 13, 2010, 04:21 PM
i dont think we will see vegapunk for another few years. his name may get dropped again and he may get shown, but he will not get introduced fully for a while