PDA

View Full Version : Review Gold Knight's Ten Comments (Naruto 322)

Gold Knight
September 11, 2006, 12:55 AM
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3616/headerv3ru6.jpg
Show me the money beeyotch!

As of the posting of this Comments, I'm now officially 26 years old! Up another level, one more year of experience gained. I don't know whether to be happy or be somewhat nervous that I'm getting ever oh-so near being over the hill, but one thing's for sure - I'm still having fun writing these reviews! And hey, Kakashi used to be the same age too, prior to the time leap, so it must not be too bad! XD Anyway, here we go! ^^

Huge thanks to des for cleaning all the images for this weekend's edition and also to Fuzzy for helping me out a bit with the Kakuzu image you just saw ^^ And then a thanks to AK46 for the great coloring he did of the cover; I usually use the black and white version, but this time I couldn't resist.

Please enjoy and comment away when you have time. :)

* * * Gold Knight's Ten Comments on Naruto Chapter 322: He Can't Be Killed...! * * *

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7022/comment1ak46ts5.jpg
Enjoyin' the life - especially since that crazy Tsunade isn't around! (Colors by AK46. (http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4343/narutocover322zv2.jpg))

1. Makin' the Most of Their Appearances...! Love it when very little-known characters get their share of the spotlight for a change. Actually, I was getting somewhat tired of Naruto covers. I remember being so excited that Kishimoto would bring back Izumo and Kotetsu for the first time in the series, two minor characters that caught my eye very early on in the series... no, I don't mean in the recent chapters! I meant when they came back the FIRST time - in order to witness Naruto's victory over Neji in the Third Exam! I hadn't expected them to be brought back at all! Of course, it was still only the briefest of appearances... then they'd show up again as Tsunade's personal assistants. All the same, just the fact that Kishimoto still remembers to occasionally give his minor characters some love showed me that he did care about the continuity of his own series, and all the details involved in keeping it interesting enough to feel, well, real.

And now, Izumo and Kotetsu are involved in a mission against the Akatsuki, and they get their own cover. Awesome! Now, where's Genma's cover... >.>

I'd heard that this cover sparked the imagination of a lot of colorists that had been kind of uninspired lately. Kishimoto definitely needs to pass the torch around to other characters as much as he can, especially if it'll produce colorings such as AK46's excellent work here.

One more thing I need to mention before I move on, though... I really didn't like the title of the chapter, though! "He Can't Be Killed?" Ah well. But I guess they can't all be perfect.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4104/comment2ce5.jpg
Asuma, the ever vigilant.

2. Time to Get Serious...! So Asuma didn't quit smoking because he was concerned for his friend, but rather because he knew just how strong the enemy was. Okay, that makes a little more sense as far as why Asuma would quit smoking for a while - his adrenaline's probably running pretty strong right now.

Guess that means Asuma takes after Kakashi a little bit (or is it the other way around?) - Kakashi stops reading his Icha Icha Paradise book as well when he's fighting opponents who clearly are challenging. Asuma probably didn't think anything of the Sound Nins that were chasing after Shikamaru and thus he sure wasn't going to let it interrupt his pleasure of smoking...! But these Akatsuki are definitely a different story.

But then, how does that explain when he stopped smoking for a while after Sandaime's death? Wasn't he mourning then, not worried about an opponent? Or maybe he felt that the village might have faced a few challenges while they tried to replace the Third Hokage with a new one? Tsunade hadn't been appointed the Godaime until Naruto and Jiraiya brought her back to the village, after all. Or maybe Shikamaru was just off base, and that was a completely different circumstance. Sandaime was Asuma's father, after all.

He probably doesn't realize just how right he was in warning his team to keep their guard up though! At least he was prepared to start with, I suppose. Hopefully the others listened, because Hidan and Kakuzu aren't going to be easily beaten at all...

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3876/page5panel3su6.jpg
Can't you just sense the sadness in his voice?

3. Poor Kakuzu. How depressing it must be for our greedy Kakuzu, who's probably snuffed out a thousand lives, not to be able to permanently get rid of Hidan - who he probably has about as much love for as he does charity organizations!

But at least he won't get in trouble with the Akatsuki leader too often for strangling new members of the Red Dawn to death, I suppose! Looks like our suspicions about Kakuzu wanting to kill Hidan last chapter weren't far off from the mark, though - he probably DID try in the past, but failed. I wonder if that ever puts a strain on their relationship.

Well, it probably doesn't help!

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9158/comment4xx8.jpg
Must've been one crazy party.

4. Some Water, Please...! "Mass Kage Bunshin really does wear him out fast." A little bit of an understandment there, Kakashi-sensei! Naruto looks completely out of gas.

Well, I suppose that's what happens when you're trying to spread out your chakra to so many bunshins while trying to perform the Rasengan. I'm somewhat surprised that Naruto didn't end up having to try to experiment without the Kage Bunshin so far. I wonder if that's actually holding Naruto back somewhat, though, because he may be getting a little too complicant what with feeling that in using Kage Bunshin, all his problems would be solved just like that.

He may need a stronger dose of that "it's now-or-never" feeling that helps him improvise so well in crucial situations in order to finally make his ultimate jutsu.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5880/comment5tl7.jpg
Look, mom! We're ALL flying!

5. Not Quite What He Intended, But... Somewhat amusing that even a failure of working with the Rasengan and wind manipulation results into a kind of mini-cyclone anyway. Naruto may want to keep that in mind in case he ever needs to perform a diversion to buy himself some time. If an explosion of Rasengan can send all the Naruto bunshins into the air and sprawling on the ground everywhere, it's a good bet it'll do the same to Naruto's enemies as well.

Well, not that it might be such a good idea to use it so often, as it probably feels like a stronger version of a backlash from the force of holding a firing gun. Probably hurts. But it's something to think about, just in case...

Of course, I'm sure a concentrated blast of the Rasengan in whatever super-powered state it'll be in once Naruto completes the training will be even more lethal and dangerous. But Naruto may not want to kill his opponents every time.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5096/comment6un2.jpg
Be one with the Rasengan, Naruto.

6. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try. Yeah, excuse me for all the Yoda quotes. XD But sometimes I just get the feeling Kakashi would be tempted to say the same to Naruto. Seems like trying to merge wind into the Rasengan is on a similar scale of trying to lift a starship out of a swampy lake with the power of the mind. But I suppose Naruto's working so hard, Kakashi doesn't have the heart.

I'm sure there are different translations for what Naruto thought about it, but I quite liked "This is like being told to look to the left when you are looking to the right." It obviously requires a tremendous amount of concentration just to do the Rasengan in the first place - containing a chaotic orb of chakra can't be easy. Then harnessing wind is very nearly the same thing. I'm not surprised at all that Naruto's having such a tough time here.

Fortunately, though, Naruto still has his bunshins. I'm wondering if he can't just have one bunshin do the Rasengan, and then he can incorporate wind into it. Same deal as how he managed to be able to learn the Rasengan so quickly and use it against Kabuto. Of course, he still has to learn how to do the Rasengan one-handed first - which may now be required of him now. He just has to realize it first. At least, that's what I think.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/8753/comment7ol9.jpg
Now Naruto's REALLY getting mad.

7. Tantrum-Throwing Time! Frustration finally got the best of Naruto.

Or maybe, is it just that the Rasengan coupled with so much usage of the Kage Bunshin finally used up all of Naruto's natural chakra and that of the Kyuubi's started seeping into his veins to replace it?

Wouldn't be surprising, considering all that he's had to do over the course of two days for this training.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5397/comment7v2pf3.jpg
Four tails! Run for the hills!

Either way, I'm surprised at myself that I didn't predict last week that this would happen. Instead, I thought Naruto would ask for some more hints from his teachers, but obviously Kishimoto went for something a little different here.

Of course, our little troublemaker had already made some questions to Kakashi and Yamato regarding one part of his training, asking any more was probably too much for his pride to take anyway. Especially after Kakashi had just told him that he believed he had the makings of being even better than Yondaime.

And finally, yes, it let us get a glimpse of exactly what all these totem poles around Yamato were all about...!

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4301/comment8wf9.jpg
Looks like they'll cause a splinter or two...

8. Yamato to the Rescue! You know Kakashi's distressed when he says "Tenzou!" right after Yamato had just told him not to call him that. Of course, after seeing what the Four-Tailed Naruto did to Jiraiya and then to Orochimaru, I don't blame Kakashi one bit.

Well, so now we know what these strange-looking totem poles were all about. They turned out to be somewhat cool, too, especially as their blocky teeth turned to awfully sharp fangs. Almost reminiscient of Orochimaru's snakes, except less revolting, I suppose. Looks like you can count this technique as another killer move for Yamato once they incorporate his character into the next Naruto fighting video game! Not that he hasn't exactly needed another one... of course, this ritual would probably be only effective against jinchuuriki, and Naruto in particular, but the designers probably won't care about that.

Something I'm still somewhat wondering about, though: why exactly were there burning embers on the top of each totem to start with - and why did they burn out when Yamato called them to action? Do they represent chakra officially flowing through the wood in order to move them? Hm...

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2631/comment9rx5.jpg
Hidan: @*$#%!

9. Gotcha! Well, it's obvious Asuma won't be disappointed in the teamwork his guys just showed here. A little bit amusing that a newly formed squad of three chuunins ended up working so well together when Naruto's old Team 7 could break down so easily, although Shikamaru might have worked with Izumo and Kotetsu in the past. Tsunade did seem to have prepared all the squads quite well.

And I suppose they're all chuunins other than Asuma, meaning they're all professionals and know how to do their job. And of course you have to take Asuma's leadership and Shikamaru's power of strategy in account. With all that, no wonder Hidan was taken down so quickly!

Well, not that he actually went down...

Edit: I found it somewhat interesting that Izumo actually used Kotetsu's second sword for his own attack. I'd have imagined Kotetsu to be a master of two-weapon fighting, but maybe he was actually just carrying Izumo's weapon too. Perhaps because Izumo's usually so busy jotting down or reading his own notes... or maybe Kotetsu just wanted the second sword in order to look cooler and Izumo didn't care. XD

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7985/commentfinalxq4.jpg
Aw... looks like he just stubbed a toe!

10. Undaunted...! Yep, Hidan's still kickin'. His expression here reminds me of a guy who was just disgusted by a dog that had tried to pee on a fire hydrant, missed, and hit his new shoes instead.

Looks like we'll be seeing Hidan in action soon enough, now. The whole chapter has been set up to bring us to this point and the realization that Hidan, of course, won't go down so easily. There's still something more to come - and Izumo and Kotetsu better watch out, because they are the closest to him. It's been a while since there's been a death of a Leaf ninja in the series. Hayate and Sandaime were the last ones. Izumo and Kotetsu's lives may be on the line here soon enough...!

There's been some talk of how it would be ridiculous if the series ended without an Akatuski member having ever killed a Konohagakure nin. This may be it right here... hope not, though. But I suppose we've all been so easily enamored with Kishimoto's secondary characters that we'd always feel bad whenever he'd actually go on and do something like that - must be tough for him, since I'm sure he'd like to do much more dramatic writing.

Crackhead Theory: I guess it's time for me to predict what Hidan's powers might consist of - I think he may actually switch places (or become) with a demonic entity (something I thought might happen with Zabuza, but didn't happen). Perhaps the "god of slaughter" he worships. In short, he'd be a summoner of sorts - but he uses a whole different method. More of a necromancer, maybe... and no, I'm not sure if he'll still be conscious of what's going on while the demon's going berserking around. Again, this is just a guess ;)

RATING: 4 out of 5 stars. Good chapter but mostly concentrated around getting the action under way, and not much of anything else. I'm definitely expecting the next few chapters to be top notch, though. It'd be disappointing otherwise. We've been getting a lot of close to average chapters lately. I suppose it's better than them sucking, though.

Predictions: I actually don't think Hidan will be able to counterattack just yet. He's still trapped in Shikamaru's Kagemane jutsu, after all (unless he somehow manages to break out of it using sheer willpower, which could possibly happen). I think that Kakuzu will come up first and then have a little chat with Asuma. Mostly centering around how happy Kakuzu is to see Asuma so nearby so he can drag his dead carcass back down to Dr. Evil for some more "blood money," too.

Credits: Thanks to des for all his cleaned images! Also to all our translators here who helped us get an accurate script of the chapter. Thanks also to AK46 for his great coloring of the cover, and I must credit Fuzzy and Katy for their help and angry's scanlation for my first full reading experience. And finally a long overdue thanks to The Touch for doing a brilliant job getting the RAWs to us in the first place, and all our global moderators here who do great work in getting all the goodies set up for all of us to download quickly. Gives me more time to think about my reviews, so I really do appreciate it!

Hope you enjoyed, and looking forward to seeing what you think!

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3014/endpi3.jpg
Now comment, or the totem will bite you! RAWR!

La_Muerte
September 11, 2006, 01:17 AM
first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and its good ur sharing ur wisdom

about comment number 7, i go back to a few GK Ten Comments chapters back around 319 or 320 when i said that yamato was just sitting there in case naruto goes berserk and the kyubbi chakra pops out, while everybody else said that yamato was controling it, i was right he was doing nothing until now muhahahahahah

also i expect some fights in the next few chapters, even though im tempted to say that with the brain ace shikamaru on the team and great asuma, i still think they will get beaten half to death by kakuzu and hidan, i mean its really hard to handle two akatsuki members, we all know how much trouble sakura and old lady(forget her name, im thinkink chiyo) had with sasori, plus nobody knows how to hurt hidan

clarity142
September 11, 2006, 01:23 AM
*afraid that the totem will bite* comments comments..oh the totems, I think they could be like Kisame's sword specially made for eating up Kyubi chakra.

Gold Knight
September 11, 2006, 02:11 AM
first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and its good ur sharing ur wisdom

about comment number 7, i go back to a few GK Ten Comments chapters back around 319 or 320 when i said that yamato was just sitting there in case naruto goes berserk and the kyubbi chakra pops out, while everybody else said that yamato was controling it, i was right he was doing nothing until now muhahahahahah

Thanks! Yeah, I think I also thought that too... seemed to be a big argument, huhn... Hisshou was also quite pleased in his translation that he had been right about it as well.

also i expect some fights in the next few chapters, even though im tempted to say that with the brain ace shikamaru on the team and great asuma, i still think they will get beaten half to death by kakuzu and hidan, i mean its really hard to handle two akatsuki members, we all know how much trouble sakura and old lady(forget her name, im thinkink chiyo) had with sasori, plus nobody knows how to hurt hidan

Shikamaru's biggest flaw right now is he knows *nothing* about what Hidan and Kakuzu can do. He can't really form a strategy on the spot, he has to think about it a bit. That's where Naruto differs so much from him - Naruto's more instinctive, like a beast.

But yeah, I agree, I think Asuma's team is going to take quite a thumping.

*afraid that the totem will bite* comments comments..oh the totems, I think they could be like Kisame's sword specially made for eating up Kyubi chakra.

Yeah, it did seem like Naruto's chakra was flowing through the wood when we saw them hovering in the air. :)

Thanks for stopping by! :D

La_Muerte
September 11, 2006, 02:18 AM
Shikamaru's biggest flaw right now is he knows *nothing* about what Hidan and Kakuzu can do. He can't really form a strategy on the spot, he has to think about it a bit. That's where Naruto differs so much from him - Naruto's more instinctive, like a beast.

i think if the fight gets dragged out really long shikamaru will be able to come up with a strategy against kakuzu and hidan, when he was fightign the sound nin back in the first part he knew nothing about the girl but in the end he analyzed the situation and almost beat her without tamaris help. but i gotta say that findign out a weakness to hidans immortality for now is gonna be really hard cause nobody knows about him, maybe it has to do with his religion, im still bugged about the kanji that was behind the nibis back when she got defeated and got staked to the wall

Gold Knight
September 11, 2006, 02:28 AM
i think if the fight gets dragged out really long shikamaru will be able to come up with a strategy against kakuzu and hidan, when he was fightign the sound nin back in the first part he knew nothing about the girl but in the end he analyzed the situation and almost beat her without tamaris help.

Agreed - if Shikamaru has enough time to think about it (and he'll be able to analyze the situation better if he does), he'll be fine. The problem is I think Hidan and Kakuzu are not only dangerous, they're also fast at making a mess of any plan that he might come up with...

Why do I get the feeling that for once Asuma shows that he's quite a strategist himself, too? Shikamaru's not the only one with a fondess for shogi, after all...

but i gotta say that findign out a weakness to hidans immortality for now is gonna be really hard cause nobody knows about him, maybe it has to do with his religion, im still bugged about the kanji that was behind the nibis back when she got defeated and got staked to the wall

Hm - well Kishimoto could have meant it to resemble a kanji that would have enhanced the overall sense of dread. Wouldn't put it past him in order to try something like that. But according to the translators I talked to, the kanji is hard to make out and they're not even sure that it was one at all.

I agree with Hidan being a very tough opponent for Shikamaru. But if Asuma, Izumo, and Kotetsu (assuming they all stay alive long enough!) can keep Hidan busy long enough, Shikamaru will be able to formulate a plan for them to win. Of course, then we have Kakuzu coming into the picture, that could be a potential defeat for Shikamaru if he doesn't know he's coming.

La_Muerte
September 11, 2006, 02:32 AM
all i gotta say is i agree, as for the mark it being a kanji or not, i would say i has to show up again so we can determine if it has anything to do with hidans technique or jutsu or religion

The Fourth
September 11, 2006, 06:29 AM
Happy Birthday you old geezer :)

the cover:
to me it seems that Kishimoto is saying with this cover that "Take a good look at them,coz they wont be here for long" I think that the 2 is about to die soon

Narutos training wont be finished for a long time I think
maybe he should do it the other way around, I mean first the wind chakra,then make a rasengan out of that,and Im pretty sure that nomatter how hes going to do the wind rasengan,he has to do the rasengan without a bunshin

and I hope that Hidan gets killed soon, I hate him + I want to see the leader already!!! :)
I dont care that Kakuzu said you cant kill him
"off with his head!" and its over, highlander style :)

kiddo7
September 11, 2006, 08:53 AM
Good old Gold knight,
so you finaly completed another roundtrip around the sun of our planetary system. See anything interesting on the journey? And even if it is true that you are now one year closer to kicking the bucket, it is good to know you are still here.

or if you want the short version: Happy Birthday!

good comments, yet again. I especialy liked AK47's colored cover. it gave the whole thing a nice refreshing touch. Well worth the wait.

now about naruto going kyubi, notice how he went from nothing to four tails right away? I will say that that is proof that Yamato was inded supressing the kyubi the whole time. Picture this image; you have a garden hose that is leaking water. over time the water pressure will build up and create a bigger hole therefore alowing the water to spill out at an increasing rate as time goes by. This is how I would say the kyubi chakra usualy worksnarutos chakra finishes then it starts to leak out ever so slowly at first steadily increasing untill he settles down again. let us say that in normal cases you would replace the entire hose after each leak, and therefore the process looks the same each time. Now picture that you have a "yamato" at your house who somehow can forsee where the hose is going to leak and puts a reenforcing patch on it. as a result the water pressure inside the hose builds up to a much greater level and when it finds a weak spot somewhere it comes out with much grater force. This is what I beleive happened to naruto, his kyubi chakra broke through not because yamato was doing nothing the whole time but because it reached a "pressure" where yamatos "reinforcing patch" was not sufficient anymore. This had the side effect of manifesting itself with four tails right away. where I was wrong however was that it seams like the totems are indeed not needed to do the regular suppresion of chackra but are restraining devices on standby. This is my theory and conviction. I am not saying others have to beleive it I just wanted to share. I also do not wish to argue about this, I will concede to whomever puts up a fight knowing that everyone has a right to their own opinion and that I have stated mine and have taken note of yours, whoever you may end up being.
I also found very interesting, the revalation that Hidan "can't be killed". (love your subtitle for that frame) But smoehow I felt like Kakuzu has already consoled himself to the fact that hecannot kill Hidan and that he is the only partner for who can tag along with him. I think that, despite all their bickering, they have grown accustomed to eachother by now.
I also wanted to say something about team Asuma catching up with hidan but i forgot. Anyway, sorry if my comments today seem a lot less organized than they could be. And once again, Happy birthday

One Eyed Sharingan
September 11, 2006, 08:56 AM
First of all:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/Kyuuketsuki_Hiruma/aaaa.gif

Kekekekkekekeke HAPPY B'day
Great review as usual kekekekke...

Yay, next i wanna see ANKO cover..

Hmm idon't think Kakuzu's depressed that he couldn't kill Hidan....he's quite happy to have a partner he doesn't need to hold back against (when he goes berserk)

Yeah, Izumo and Kotetsu better be careful, when Hidan's pissed he likes to massacre (remember what he said to nibi), and Kakuzu's no better at being calm in tight spot.....to make it worse...there's a 35 million bounty nearby him

EDIT: no i didn't draw that, i just put the texts and bubbles in there

kiddo7
September 11, 2006, 09:07 AM
First of all:
That is funny, did you draw that yourself?

shinwei
September 11, 2006, 10:22 AM
Happy birthday!

I enjoyed this chapter much more than the last one - there wasn't anything really off with this chapter at all.

With regard to Kishimoto passing the torch to the lesser characters, I say cool, but those lesser characters are all still pretty lifeless IMO because they never seem to be making any kind of decisions as to where to go and what to do. They just drop a comment here and there and throw an attack here and there, and that's it. They don't really move on their own at all.

Naruto's training seems to still be in the spotlight for all these chapters. It's apparently far more important for us to know how Naruto is doing with his training than what Neji, Hinata, Chouji, Sakura, Sai, Tsunade, and Jiraiya are doing. Those guys are all just sitting around waiting for Naruto to finish his training and whatever else he needs to do. They are not actively making decisions or doing anything of interest to the reader at all. That's what the reader at this point has to assume.

Now let's talk about the fight. Team Asuma attacks! Awesome, or is it? Here we are opened up to another major fight. We expect the coming chapters to be awesome, just like we expected Naruto's fight with Orochimaru to be awesome (Chapter 291), and like we expected their fight against Sasuke to be awesome. Unfortunately we were let down in both of those fights, since the bad guy just got away in the end (and pretty quickly at that). Kishimoto is on probation for this fight, so let's talk about how he can make it go from here.

As for my predictions, there are a couple things that I'm nearly 100% sure will happen:
1) Shikamaru will use his strategy pose.
2) Shikamaru will think of something (could be awesome, could be not).
3) The Akatsuki will be impressed by whatever Shikamaru thinks of (awesome or not).

Shikamaru sure displayed his awesome strategic thinking during the Chuunin exam. He completely failed to impress during the chase Sasuke arc, and performed in an extremely disappointing fashion against Tayuya (but she still got impressed). Shikamaru swore to get better, so here we are waiting to see what Kishimoto can make him think of. I'm not going to get my hopes up too high though, because I've been getting lots of disappointment lately.

Worst case scenario: Shikamaru decides to "just trust" Asuma, and the Akatsuki are STILL impressed.

As for Asuma himself, we haven't seen much of what he can do, so I can't comment on it. Let's see what Kishimoto can pull off with him too.

Worst case scenario: Asuma still only uses those little knives with wind blades like he did against Itachi.

One Eyed Sharingan
September 11, 2006, 10:51 AM
Oh yeah, 1 thing i forgot...
When Asuma fought Kisame (that's after 3rd's funeral) he didn't quit smokin', not even when he had to close his eyes due Itachi's Mangekyou

Gold Knight
September 11, 2006, 12:41 PM
Happy Birthday you old geezer :)

Thanks! :D

the cover:
to me it seems that Kishimoto is saying with this cover that "Take a good look at them,coz they wont be here for long" I think that the 2 is about to die soon

I didn't want to interpret the cover that way, but you could definitely be right. Well, if they die, they can rest in peace knowing they finally got a cover, anyway!

Narutos training wont be finished for a long time I think
maybe he should do it the other way around, I mean first the wind chakra,then make a rasengan out of that,and Im pretty sure that nomatter how hes going to do the wind rasengan,he has to do the rasengan without a bunshin

Or maybe it'll take TWO bunshins this time - well, I guess we'll see.

and I hope that Hidan gets killed soon, I hate him + I want to see the leader already!!! :)
I dont care that Kakuzu said you cant kill him
"off with his head!" and its over, highlander style :)

XDDD A Hidan hater, eh? Why don't you like him?

Good old Gold knight,
so you finaly completed another roundtrip around the sun of our planetary system. See anything interesting on the journey? And even if it is true that you are now one year closer to kicking the bucket, it is good to know you are still here.

or if you want the short version: Happy Birthday

Thanks XD

good comments, yet again. I especialy liked AK47's colored cover. it gave the whole thing a nice refreshing touch. Well worth the wait.

Yes, I may use colored covers more often - it's always nice to get some color in there, eh.

now about naruto going kyubi, notice how he went from nothing to four tails right away? I will say that that is proof that Yamato was inded supressing the kyubi the whole time. Picture this image; you have a garden hose that is leaking water. over time the water pressure will build up and create a bigger hole therefore alowing the water to spill out at an increasing rate as time goes by. This is how I would say the kyubi chakra usualy worksnarutos chakra finishes then it starts to leak out ever so slowly at first steadily increasing untill he settles down again. let us say that in normal cases you would replace the entire hose after each leak, and therefore the process looks the same each time. Now picture that you have a "yamato" at your house who somehow can forsee where the hose is going to leak and puts a reenforcing patch on it. as a result the water pressure inside the hose builds up to a much greater level and when it finds a weak spot somewhere it comes out with much grater force. This is what I beleive happened to naruto, his kyubi chakra broke through not because yamato was doing nothing the whole time but because it reached a "pressure" where yamatos "reinforcing patch" was not sufficient anymore. This had the side effect of manifesting itself with four tails right away. where I was wrong however was that it seams like the totems are indeed not needed to do the regular suppresion of chackra but are restraining devices on standby. This is my theory and conviction. I am not saying others have to beleive it I just wanted to share. I also do not wish to argue about this.

I wouldn't argue it, I think you're right actually. Nice analogy to the garden hose.

I also found very interesting, the revalation that Hidan "can't be killed". (love your subtitle for that frame) But smoehow I felt like Kakuzu has already consoled himself to the fact that hecannot kill Hidan and that he is the only partner for who can tag along with him. I think that, despite all their bickering, they have grown accustomed to eachother by now.

I still don't think they will shed any tears if the other guy gets killed. XD

First of all:

Kekekekkekekeke HAPPY B'day
Great review as usual kekekekke...

LOL, thanks - I think!

Seriously, that was cool, made my day :D

Yay, next i wanna see ANKO cover..

Ohh, yes - I do too. >.>

Hmm idon't think Kakuzu's depressed that he couldn't kill Hidan....he's quite happy to have a partner he doesn't need to hold back against (when he goes berserk)

Kakuzu seemed awfully frustrated with Hidan when he wouldn't carry the body too, though... I still think he would far prefer to have a partner who he could "control" because that's what they all want in the Akatsuki. Hidan is one Kakuzu can't control at all.

Yeah, Izumo and Kotetsu better be careful, when Hidan's pissed he likes to massacre (remember what he said to nibi), and Kakuzu's no better at being calm in tight spot.....to make it worse...there's a 35 million bounty nearby him

Exactly... :s

Happy birthday!

Thanks!

I enjoyed this chapter much more than the last one - there wasn't anything really off with this chapter at all.

With regard to Kishimoto passing the torch to the lesser characters, I say cool, but those lesser characters are all still pretty lifeless IMO because they never seem to be making any kind of decisions as to where to go and what to do. They just drop a comment here and there and throw an attack here and there, and that's it. They don't really move on their own at all.

Even the briefest of passing the torch wouldn't hurt though every once in a while. I think that was what Part Two had been lacking before this storyarc - the involvement of more minor characters (especially Konoha leaf ninjas), just for the sake of making the overall story a little more interesting. Getting to know familiar faces a little better. Of course it looks as though Kishimoto is making up for that now, so it's all good now.

Naruto's training seems to still be in the spotlight for all these chapters. It's apparently far more important for us to know how Naruto is doing with his training than what Neji, Hinata, Chouji, Sakura, Sai, Tsunade, and Jiraiya are doing. Those guys are all just sitting around waiting for Naruto to finish his training and whatever else he needs to do. They are not actively making decisions or doing anything of interest to the reader at all. That's what the reader at this point has to assume.

They're all probably training, though - it's just that we haven't seen any of their "new moves" yet ( with the exception of Neji ) as I'm sure Kishimoto is saving them for later. Right now the focus is on Naruto because, well, he's the main character. Whereas it's fun to be surprised by the other characters, for Naruto it's much more satisfying if we follow his progress. (I guess that's why Kishimoto didn't really give him too many new skills over the course of his training with Jiraiya - ah well...)

Now let's talk about the fight. Team Asuma attacks! Awesome, or is it? Here we are opened up to another major fight. We expect the coming chapters to be awesome, just like we expected Naruto's fight with Orochimaru to be awesome (Chapter 291), and like we expected their fight against Sasuke to be awesome. Unfortunately we were let down in both of those fights, since the bad guy just got away in the end (and pretty quickly at that). Kishimoto is on probation for this fight, so let's talk about how he can make it go from here.

Well, Sasuke and Orochimaru WERE both vital to the story, though. You had to expect they'd get away. Don't know about the Sasuke fight, but I did get a kick out of the Orochimaru fight. It showed to me for the first time that Oro CAN fight ( I don't count the Sandaime fight, because he used the Hokages to fight that one! )

As for my predictions, there are a couple things that I'm nearly 100% sure will happen:
1) Shikamaru will use his strategy pose.
2) Shikamaru will think of something (could be awesome, could be not).
3) The Akatsuki will be impressed by whatever Shikamaru thinks of (awesome or not).

1) Agreed 100%
2) Could be both Shikamaru for one opponent and Asuma for the other, though.
3) I don't think Hidan will really admire it, but Kakuzu perhaps.

Shikamaru sure displayed his awesome strategic thinking during the Chuunin exam. He completely failed to impress during the chase Sasuke arc, and performed in an extremely disappointing fashion against Tayuya (but she still got impressed). Shikamaru swore to get better, so here we are waiting to see what Kishimoto can make him think of. I'm not going to get my hopes up too high though, because I've been getting lots of disappointment lately.

Hm, Shikamaru did have his moments in the Chase Sasuke arc, but that was an awfully perilious situation Tsunade threw him into. I still was impressed by him regardless, but I suppose it was mostly the Tayuya fight - and I guess if not for Temari he would have lost. So.. hmm. Well, he definitely swore to get better as a result of that failure.

Hn.. I don't know why I wasn't more disappointed, but I liked that arc okay. The good guys can't win every time. Especially when they're raw kids fresh out of the Academy going up against Orochimaru's best assassins! Heh.

Worst case scenario: Shikamaru decides to "just trust" Asuma, and the Akatsuki are STILL impressed.

As for Asuma himself, we haven't seen much of what he can do, so I can't comment on it. Let's see what Kishimoto can pull off with him too.

Worst case scenario: Asuma still only uses those little knives with wind blades like he did against Itachi.

I hope to see far more from Asuma.

Oh yeah, 1 thing i forgot...
When Asuma fought Kisame (that's after 3rd's funeral) he didn't quit smokin', not even when he had to close his eyes due Itachi's Mangekyou

I don't think he knew *who* these guys were before Kurenai and he stopped them. Given more time to prepare, he probably would have stopped smoking, I guess. Also, I think he may have underestimated Kisame a little bit, and even Itachi.

shinwei
September 11, 2006, 12:47 PM
Hm, Shikamaru did have his moments in the Chase Sasuke arc, but that was an awfully perilious situation Tsunade threw him into. I still was impressed by him regardless, but I suppose it was mostly the Tayuya fight - and I guess if not for Temari he would have lost. So.. hmm. Well, he definitely swore to get better as a result of that failure.

Hn.. I don't know why I wasn't more disappointed, but I liked that arc okay. The good guys can't win every time. Especially when they're raw kids fresh out of the Academy going up against Orochimaru's best assassins! Heh.

I'm not hating it because the mission failed, I just wish Shikamaru put up more of a fight, so to speak. Right in the beginning he established the order in which the 5 of them were going to move, Neji got impressed, but in the end the lineup was completely useless. After that the whole thing diverged into 1on1 fighting versus team battles in which Shikamaru could have used his strategies to tell his team how to proceed and win strategically. In the end he just "trusted" them. Bad.

Gold Knight
September 11, 2006, 01:03 PM
I'm not hating it because the mission failed, I just wish Shikamaru put up more of a fight, so to speak. Right in the beginning he established the order in which the 5 of them were going to move, Neji got impressed, but in the end the lineup was completely useless. After that the whole thing diverged into 1on1 fighting versus team battles in which Shikamaru could have used his strategies to tell his team how to proceed and win strategically. In the end he just "trusted" them. Bad.

Their initial plan broke down because of Kidoumaru's spider webs alerting them - Shikamaru can't prepare for the unknown. Otherwise they may have been able to get Sasuke away without having to fight at all. Like I said, that's Shikamaru's biggest flaw. He even recognized it himself while he was trapped in Jiroudou's clay prison - "It was a fatal mistake that we got caught before we identified the enemy's abilities."

If he doesn't know what's coming, then he's not going to be able to properly strategize a defense against it. Because Orochimaru's cronies were alerted to their presence and took off with Sasuke in a hurry, that's when Shikamaru's mission really fell to pieces. But one thing, though - Shikamaru did manage to give them a chance to at least get to the point where Naruto had the opportunity to take Sasuke back. It's just that Sasuke won.

shinwei
September 11, 2006, 01:05 PM
Alright then, this time Shikamaru and Asuma have the jump on Hidan. Let's see what kind of plan Shikamaru can come up with once Hidan shows us his abilities. Kishimoto no longer has an excuse to have Shikamaru fail at coming up with a brilliant plan - should I prepare to be impressed?

The Fourth
September 11, 2006, 01:08 PM
XDDD A Hidan hater, eh? Why don't you like him?

well, I dont really like his attitude
but this chapter made me really hate him
its like a dream I once had:
there was Chucky that evil doll in my room and nomatter what I did the bastad didnt die :mad

people who dont die just really piss me of you know :)

Gold Knight
September 11, 2006, 01:10 PM
Alright then, this time Shikamaru and Asuma have the jump on Hidan. Let's see what kind of plan Shikamaru can come up with once Hidan shows us his abilities.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to repeat something I just said here in order to explain my prediction on this: If (Shikamaru) doesn't know what's coming, then he's not going to be able to properly strategize a defense against it.

I think that Asuma's team may end up getting totally annihilated, but Shikamaru is at the very least able to deduce what Hidan and Kakuzu's abilities are, and later on he may join up with another team in order to take them down for good. (Perhaps Team 7). I hope not, though. I'd like to see Asuma's team beat at least one of the Akatsuki.

well, I dont really like his attitude
but this chapter made me really hate him
its like a dream I once had:
there was Chucky that evil doll in my room and nomatter what I did the bastad didnt die :mad

people who dont die just really piss me of you know :)

I see :p

Luckas
September 11, 2006, 02:24 PM
Happy Birthday, Gold Knight.

1) I liked the coloured cover and I think the title is meant to emphasize Hidan characteristic/ability, it could be done better but it isn't awful. I should say a "so so" title.

2) That smoking thing got me a little confused because I'm not sure if the last words of the previous chapter were said by Shikamaru or Asuma. But the overall meaning is clear; Kishimoto want to show the bond between the 2 of them and at the same time he is builing up tension in anticipation of the fight.

4) Your observation is logic, but if Kakashi didn't say anything to Naruto I think we could assume there isn't a big flaw in the way Naruto is proceeding.

5) That scene was really good and interesting, and I share your opinion: with a little thinking that could be a good diversion.

6) I would say Kishimoto is just repeatedly hammering in our heads the thought that what Naruto is doing is one of the most difficult challenge he, and everyone else, ever faced against.

7) & 8) I totally agree with you and Kiddo7: Yamato is constanty and partially suppressing Kuybi chakra and when it leaks out, even though Yamato doin, we'll see totem poles in action :D

9) Nice team action, but when I saw Shikamaru performing the binding shadow jutsu, the first thing I thought was: Awesome, but Hidan will break free, as Tayuya did. Nevertheless that should have been killing Hidan so...... team Asuma couldn't know Hidan is kinda immortal. :D

10) Hidan's expression is implying and promising a lot of unpleasnt events for team Asuma.

sabyr
September 11, 2006, 06:45 PM
lol, on 3 in the pic i like the way the bunshin's interact! You can see one dragging the limp body of another! lol.

why didn't they dissapear though?

Gold Knight
September 11, 2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks, Luckas :D

sabyr, I'm guessing the bunshins don't disappear unless they're "severely injured" or "un-summoned." The bunshins here aren't completely "dead," they're just pooped.

And yes, I laughed at the Naruto dragging Naruto one, too XD I meant to comment on that, but forgot to.

LadyHatake
September 11, 2006, 08:43 PM
1. Makin' the Most of Their Appearances...! Love it when very little-known characters get their share of the spotlight for a change. Actually, I was getting somewhat tired of Naruto covers.
I was so happy when you told me Izumo and Kotetsu were on the cover. I love those two ^^ Being able to see those secondary characters more often kinda solidifies the story for me. I think Kotetsu, Izumo, and Genma are the most kickass of the secondary characters, and I wish we saw them more often! XD

He probably doesn't realize just how right he was in warning his team to keep their guard up though! At least he was prepared to start with, I suppose. Hopefully the others listened, because Hidan and Kakuzu aren't going to be easily beaten at all...
I think this fight is going to be a real eye opener, because we've never really seen any of these characters (except Shikamaru, and Asuma, a little bit) fight before. I'm especially excited to Izumo and Kotetsu in action ^^

He may need a stronger dose of that "it's now-or-never" feeling that helps him improvise so well in crucial situations in order to finally make his ultimate jutsu.

Yeah, Naruto has a way of pulling something off at the last minute. I get the feeling that the new element infused Rasengan will be no different.

I'm sure there are different translations for what Naruto thought about it, but I quite liked "This is like being told to look to the left when you are looking to the right." It obviously requires a tremendous amount of concentration just to do the Rasengan in the first place - containing a chaotic orb of chakra can't be easy. Then harnessing wind is very nearly the same thing. I'm not surprised at all that Naruto's having such a tough time here.

I actually enjoy it when Naruto has a hard time trying to learn something or getting something done. It reminds us that he's human, even if he is a ninja with cool powers ^^ If he were to master it in a chapter or two I'd be like..wtf? There's no possible way, that's not humanly possible.

Well, so now we know what these strange-looking totem poles were all about. They turned out to be somewhat cool, too, especially as their blocky teeth turned to awfully sharp fangs. Almost reminiscient of Orochimaru's snakes, except less revolting, I suppose. Looks like you can count this technique as another killer move for Yamato once they incorporate his character into the next Naruto fighting video game!

I was quite excited to see Yamato in action ^^ And yeah, Kakashi calling him Tenzou even when he'd been told not to made me lol XD

And I suppose they're all chuunins other than Asuma, meaning they're all professionals and know how to do their job. And of course you have to take Asuma's leadership and Shikamaru's power of strategy in account. With all that, no wonder Hidan was taken down so quickly!

You're right, they do make a good team. You've got Shikamaru on the Kage Mane and mind aspects, Izumo and Kotetsu on the offense, and Asuma who's a pretty killer leader and fighter. I love it <3 I just hope we get to see alot more of it.

Edit: I found it somewhat interesting that Izumo actually used Kotetsu's second sword for his own attack. I'd have imagined Kotetsu to be a master of two-weapon fighting, but maybe he was actually just carrying Izumo's weapon too. Perhaps because Izumo's usually so busy jotting down or reading his own notes... or maybe Kotetsu just wanted the second sword in order to look cooler and Izumo didn't care. XD

I actually didn't notice this until you pointed it out on MSN the other night :oh I do think it's cool that Kotetsu carries Izumo's weapon XD

Looks like we'll be seeing Hidan in action soon enough, now. The whole chapter has been set up to bring us to this point and the realization that Hidan, of course, won't go down so easily. There's still something more to come - and Izumo and Kotetsu better watch out, because they are the closest to him. It's been a while since there's been a death of a Leaf ninja in the series. Hayate and Sandaime were the last ones. Izumo and Kotetsu's lives may be on the line here soon enough...!

You'd better knock on wood ;__; They're so cool. I don't want them to die ;__; Someone else can die :yelling Like Sasuke! or Raidou, or someone!

You pretty much said it all, Phil ^^

<3

<33333

vick86
September 12, 2006, 03:31 AM
Looks like Shikamaru is the only one who's save at this point. A part of me hopes that Kishimoto proves he has a bigger sex organ than his main character by killing shikamaru. I mean that's the last thing everybody expects.

Ps. For the record: I'm not a shikamaru hater in fact I think he's a great character.

HisshouBuraiKen
September 12, 2006, 10:46 AM
I love Shikamaru, and given that he's one of the most popular characters, I doubt he'll go down. He'll figure out a way to escape (there's no way they're going to win), but Kotetsu, Izumo and Asuma are SO dead.

vick86
September 12, 2006, 11:43 AM
We've been prediction Asuma's dead for weeks and Izumo and Kotetsu are cannon fodder so it won't be a surprise seeing them die. Shikamaru's dead would be a real shock. Off course it's not going to happen but at least it would be a plottwist we didn't see coming.

ibra87
September 12, 2006, 12:35 PM
great comments, GK. Damn, I am always late.

About the Kakuzu and Hidan thing, could it possibly be that Kakuzu was partially the reason in all the wounds Hidan has every and each time he's performing that ritual? After all, his hands color just like Kakuzu's did when he opened the doors of the fire temple.

Gold Knight
September 12, 2006, 01:55 PM
great comments, GK. Damn, I am always late.

About the Kakuzu and Hidan thing, could it possibly be that Kakuzu was partially the reason in all the wounds Hidan has every and each time he's performing that ritual? After all, his hands color just like Kakuzu's did when he opened the doors of the fire temple.

I think that was Kakuzu's hands at the fire temple, unless you meant to say Hidan. Yeah, I do think there may be a connection of some kind between Kakuzu and Hidan, but not sure.

And if Shikamaru dies, I would be one upset 26-year old fellow.

ibra87
September 12, 2006, 02:03 PM
I think that was Kakuzu's hands at the fire temple, unless you meant to say Hidan. Yeah, I do think there may be a connection of some kind between Kakuzu and Hidan, but not sure.

And if Shikamaru dies, I would be one upset 26-year old fellow.

Talking about Hidan's hand, not sure when, but when he was finished with the last battle and was about to finish his ritual.

sabyr
September 12, 2006, 03:14 PM
I think that Asuma's team may end up getting totally annihilated, but Shikamaru is at the very least able to deduce what Hidan and Kakuzu's abilities are, and later on he may join up with another team in order to take them down for good. (Perhaps Team 7). I hope not, though. I'd like to see Asuma's team beat at least one of the Akatsuki.

Maybe both might happen. Asuma is probably going to do some master jutsu that will kill Hidan and himself(maybe kakazu as well). And the other two and shikamaru could provide a great distraction before they(except for shikamaru, he shouldn't die yet) are killed.

conan
September 12, 2006, 04:03 PM
damn, its been a long time that I haven't posted at one of GN's ten comments thread, but he's as detailed and thorough as ever, I agree with almost everything you had in the ten comments, except about your speculation of izumo and kotetsu being the ones dying in this battle, there has been hints in the latest chapters that gave me the idea that Asuma isnt going back home, although I like the charracter my calculating mind is thinking, this fight is going to end with one of the akatsuki down, most likely hidan, and one of the leaf down, most likely asuma, what do you think of that.

other than I think I agree with you on all the other points.

venicia777
September 12, 2006, 05:42 PM
damn, its been a long time that I haven't posted at one of GN's ten comments thread, but he's as detailed and thorough as ever, I agree with almost everything you had in the ten comments, except about your speculation of izumo and kotetsu being the ones dying in this battle, there has been hints in the latest chapters that gave me the idea that Asuma isnt going back home, although I like the charracter my calculating mind is thinking, this fight is going to end with one of the akatsuki down, most likely hidan, and one of the leaf down, most likely asuma, what do you think of that.

other than I think I agree with you on all the other points.

on the one side I agree with you on this asuma issue. But i also feel kishimoto could well be doing what he does best- a wild goose chase for fans!!! i mean- who wouldnt want to at least read every chapter leading to One of the rookie nine's teachers impending death. And a cool one at that.
I remember not long ago he somehow led all of us to believe Sai or someone on team Yamato was going to die and it never happened. So this time i believe it could well be something else. Or if the hints are right on- it could be a time he is right.

Just imagine Kakuzu coming to join the fight b.n team Asuma and Hidan- somebody is sure to die- even more so if all the other 19 teams come to join the fracas.

yeste
September 15, 2006, 08:13 AM
You guys didnt really think that i'd pass on comments this week, now did you??? :smile-big

I'm just a little late, but hope that's ok? :p

As of the posting of this Comments, I'm now officially 26 years old! Up another level, one more year of experience gained. I don't know whether to be happy or be somewhat nervous that I'm getting ever oh-so near being over the hill, but one thing's for sure - I'm still having fun writing these reviews!

He, he, he, i know i already said this, but wellcome to the club GK!!! And you're right, 26 is not that big deal... :) It's a good thing that you still enjoy the things you do, 'cause that keeps you as young as you wanna be!!!! ( BTW you really on a roll with this reviews??? :blink You write them for half the jump???? :smile-big Now i just need to start reading those mangas.... )

And now, Izumo and Kotetsu are involved in a mission against the Akatsuki, and they get their own cover. Awesome! Now, where's Genma's cover... >.>

One more thing I need to mention before I move on, though... I really didn't like the title of the chapter, though! "He Can't Be Killed?" Ah well. But I guess they can't all be perfect.

It is very refreshing!!!! And you know i'm always for more secondary characters involved in the plot!!! As you said, this keeps the story real...

About the title.... It was strange, for sure!!! But i'm willing to write it of as something that is lost in translation... :p

Time to Get Serious...! So Asuma didn't quit smoking because he was concerned for his friend, but rather because he knew just how strong the enemy was. Okay, that makes a little more sense as far as why Asuma would quit smoking for a while - his adrenaline's probably running pretty strong right now.

That's interesting!!! I never really thought of it that way??? :eyeroll Come to think of it... That is rather nice side effect of quiting smoking.... Hmmmmm.....

Poor Kakuzu. How depressing it must be for our greedy Kakuzu, who's probably snuffed out a thousand lives, not to be able to permanently get rid of Hidan - who he probably has about as much love for as he does charity organizations!

Again, interesting analogy there... I must say that this whole build up for Hidan was kind of forced to me... Maybe that's just me, but somehow it felt a little transparent!!!! I also wanna add here that the whole " keep your guard up" talk between these two is kind of pissing me off.... And what can posibly make this worse is the fact that, (I really hope i'm wrong with this one!! ) that would turn out to be the weak point which will alow Konoha Nins to finaly find weakness and give final blow!?!!!

But, maybe i'm just rushing things here! It's better to wait a bit more on this????

Some Water, Please...! "Mass Kage Bunshin really does wear him out fast." A little bit of an understandment there, Kakashi-sensei! Naruto looks completely out of gas.

Yes, he does, but we;ve seen him like this before, haven't we :smile-big Too bad we can only imagine what has Narto went trough during his training with Ero-senin!!!! I imagine it was quite similar to this...

Not Quite What He Intended, But... Somewhat amusing that even a failure of working with the Rasengan and wind manipulation results into a kind of mini-cyclone anyway. Naruto may want to keep that in mind in case he ever needs to perform a diversion to buy himself some time. If an explosion of Rasengan can send all the Naruto bunshins into the air and sprawling on the ground everywhere, it's a good bet it'll do the same to Naruto's enemies as well.

That's interesting!!! And similar to what i suspected new jutsu will be... Could be, but as you said, let's just wait and see the real deal when it's done!!!

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try. Yeah, excuse me for all the Yoda quotes. XD But sometimes I just get the feeling Kakashi would be tempted to say the same to Naruto. Seems like trying to merge wind into the Rasengan is on a similar scale of trying to lift a starship out of a swampy lake with the power of the mind. But I suppose Naruto's working so hard, Kakashi doesn't have the heart.

Wait i thought you're LOTR fan!?!!!! :smile-big Sorry but i had to bring this one up, 'cause i saw Clerks II yesterday, and the whole talk about Star Wars vs. LOTR is still in my head, as i supose it will be for quite a while!!!!!
Back to the subject,here, he's really fanatic about this, isn't he???? Really demonstrating Hokage/Konoha will of fire here!!!! And ofcourse, Kakashi is just as active in all this as a referee in tenis!!!!!!! Somehow he always finds the way to let others do hard work.... But i guess that's because he's done his part hard work years ago????? :smile-big That's why he's Kakashi!!!

Tantrum-Throwing Time! Frustration finally got the best of Naruto.

This was the best scene in this chapter, for me!!!!!! And you know how i'm an camera angle freak, right???? And this was Drawn very well!!!!! Very Very well!!!!!!
You know, even dough i saw that first bit's of transformation in his face in that pannel, and the one tail holding rasengan in the next, somehow the next panel blow me away!!!!! Away i tell you.... Four tails soooooooo fast!!!!!! Great!!!!

Hmmmmm, even dou i know this scene doesnt have the chance, i'm still woting it for the scene of the volume!!!!! So when you do this volume in a couple of month, even if you forget, be sure that i'll remind you of it!!!!!!!
:P

Yamato to the Rescue! You know Kakashi's distressed when he says "Tenzou!" right after Yamato had just told him not to call him that. Of course, after seeing what the Four-Tailed Naruto did to Jiraiya and then to Orochimaru, I don't blame Kakashi one bit.

This just adds to my previous talk.... And it was nice to see those misterious tothems in action.... Come to think of it, it's not that bad as it looked the first time we saw this things.....

Gotcha! Well, it's obvious Asuma won't be disappointed in the teamwork his guys just showed here. A little bit amusing that a newly formed squad of three chuunins ended up working so well together when Naruto's old Team 7 could break down so easily, although Shikamaru might have worked with Izumo and Kotetsu in the past. Tsunade did seem to have prepared all the squads quite well.
When i read the chap, last week, i thought to myself, wait, what are they doing????? Whay are they rushing to atack, when they didnt concider the situation.... ( where's other aka member)!!!! We all know that Shika always consider all the angles, before he acts... But then i thougt that they moved on an golden oportunity to kill one of them while they are in advantage, right....

It's hard for me to comment on this, cause i read the chapter after this one.... so i'll just leave it with that...

Undaunted...! Yep, Hidan's still kickin'. His expression here reminds me of a guy who was just disgusted by a dog that had tried to pee on a fire hydrant, missed, and hit his new shoes instead.
he he.... :) again, cant comment on this, cause it's too late.... Damn it.... :noworry

Crackhead Theory: I guess it's time for me to predict what Hidan's powers might consist of - I think he may actually switch places (or become) with a demonic entity (something I thought might happen with Zabuza, but didn't happen). Perhaps the "god of slaughter" he worships. In short, he'd be a summoner of sorts - but he uses a whole different method. More of a necromancer, maybe... and no, I'm not sure if he'll still be conscious of what's going on while the demon's going berserking around. Again, this is just a guess ;)
Close ha????? We still dont know, but it sounds pretty close!!!! ;)

Well i guess that's it from me... On this anyway :P I'll try to bright my thought on your comments earlier.... Cause after the next chapter is out, it really makes little sense....

Keep it up GK san!!!!

glasskatana
September 15, 2006, 08:52 PM
*eagerly awaits comments on chapter 323* (sorry I didn't have time to comment on your comments this week. School came first, I barely ahd time to keep up with checking the FMA section.)

Gold Knight
September 16, 2006, 03:51 AM
No problem. I had intended to do my Comments today but - well, I didn't have the images I wanted to work with. So eh - just gotta wait.

glasskatana
September 17, 2006, 10:09 PM
No problem. I had intended to do my Comments today but - well, I didn't have the images I wanted to work with. So eh - just gotta wait.

Experiencing...comment...withdrawl.

Gold Knight
September 18, 2006, 05:49 AM
Experiencing...comment...withdrawl.

I've been ready to do Naruto Comments for four days now myself. If the HQ Raw doesn't come out today, I may have to go ahead and post without images. :(

kiddo7
September 18, 2006, 12:15 PM
Can't you use maybe a decent MQ scan for your pictures? It would take so much out of the experiance to have no pictures at all. That's like a house with no living room

mageofdeath
September 18, 2006, 03:26 PM
yeah GK, I've been waiting too, because your comments are what help me through the week between chapters...

Gold Knight
September 18, 2006, 05:48 PM
Can't you use maybe a decent MQ scan for your pictures? It would take so much out of the experiance to have no pictures at all. That's like a house with no living room

Alright. Guess I will have to. Seems a shame though considering how good this chapter was...

yeah GK, I've been waiting too, because your comments are what help me through the week between chapters...

LoL, looking at that avatar makes me feel guilty.

Ok, I'll get it posted by morning (my time).