PDA

View Full Version : Based on Strategy ONLY, which GANTZ Member would you revive?

Shion Izumi
January 07, 2009, 02:48 PM
I would say Izumi, since he is my fav Gantzer, but Host Samurai took his place as the power house swordsman.

Lets look at the current team

Kurono - Well rounded

Kato - Strong, smart and cautious

Cherry - Psychic

Nishi - Expert Gantzer and stealth

Old Man - Moral support

Inaba - Dont really know potential yet

Reika - Well rounded women Gantzer

Host Samurai - Swordsman

Kaze - Martial Arts Powerhouse

Takashi - Kid that has potential

Hoi Hoi - Kicks ass, got 40 pts and will rez Izumi

Lets take a look at the Gantzers that died and who would be the best addition to the current team.

Izumi - IMO, best Gantzer and my fav character. Amazing swordsman and I want him revived.

Needed? No. Host Samurai is the swordsman of the team now. No need for 2 swordsman of the same skill

Kishimoto - Not nearly the best female Gantzer, but receives way too much hate. I think she showed pretty good leadership skills in the missions she was in.

Needed? No. There are better females like Sei.

Sei (Lara Croft) - Arguably the best female Gantzer, strong and a very capable fighter that damaged 1000 Arms.

Needed? Yes. I think she would make a good addition to the current team.

Hojo - Showed good leadership skills and was not too bad of a Gantzer for the 2 missions he was on. Had potential

Needed? Maybe. I would like to see how well he would have developed. He was not scared to go into battle and did pretty well in the Buddha Mission.

Sadako - Nothing special

Needed? NO!

Togo - Expert Sniper. Kicks ass and didn't wear a suit. Last to die in the 1000 Arms mission.

Needed? Hell Yes. The current team in in need of a good sniper. Imagine him in the Nura Mission? 100 pts

Than the filler chatacters like the Bikers, Yakuz, Gang members, Salaryman, Geese Howard etc

So, who would you revive based on the current teams strength and weakness?

Quetz
January 07, 2009, 04:10 PM
Togo, of course. Far too few people have shown the presence of mind to, y'know, NOT stand five feet away from a monster as you attack it.

fra_diavalo
January 08, 2009, 06:01 PM
Host Samurai, hes probably a better swordsman than Izumi.

El Samurai Guapo
January 08, 2009, 07:44 PM
Togo, of course. Far too few people have shown the presence of mind to, y'know, NOT stand five feet away from a monster as you attack it.

I'm with you there. If he had the suit on he might have lived. Someone should have handed him a y-gun as well.

Amigo!
January 11, 2009, 01:37 AM
the leader of the biker gang had just as much potential as hojo if not more and he put Whiny little bitches in there place...lol

Mr.Aaron
January 11, 2009, 05:41 PM
Either Izumi, Togo, Or HS.

GAT-X252
January 12, 2009, 03:37 PM
Togo.

He was a badass...and a great fighter.

warbandit66
January 12, 2009, 03:43 PM
the leader of the biker gang had just as much potential as hojo if not more and he put Whiny little bitches in there place...lol

The leader of the biker gang showed no potential in the slightest.

I'll have to go with the popular choice here and say Jyuuzo Togo would be the best candidate for revival, he's the only truely proficient sniper in the series so far.

Mr.Aaron
January 12, 2009, 09:11 PM
The leader of the biker gang showed no potential in the slightest.

I'll have to go with the popular choice here and say Jyuuzo Togo would be the best candidate for revival, he's the only truely proficient sniper in the series so far.

What about Reika? Her boob... er... gun was good at sniping. :tem

But the Biker guy showed no potential, and they de-jackassed him in the anime.

Amigo!
January 13, 2009, 12:38 AM
What about Reika? Her boob... er... gun was good at sniping. :tem

But the Biker guy showed no potential, and they de-jackassed him in the anime.

oh uh so the biker was an ass in the manga idk i started reading where the anime left off before the fillers

Amnesiac
January 13, 2009, 08:54 AM
Reika - kicks ass and the epic boobs increase team morale.

ANBU4U
January 14, 2009, 02:51 PM
Sei does everything Reika does....just better.

Plus she actually laid Kei.

Hollow Kurono
January 15, 2009, 06:33 AM
Based on strategy?Hmm,if so Izumi,cause hes the only one who ever used some.everyone else is just going head on.Good thing that they tried teamwork at the end of the last mission.

Quetz
January 15, 2009, 01:01 PM
I can't believe that anyone would possibly think that anyone else should be revived other than the sniper dude. The fact that he was in the military (I'm pretty sure that's canon, or am I just pulling this out of my ass?) means he's got experience either commanding a squad or being commanded, so he would at least be able to give the gantz team a basic breakdown of military strategy when sneaking up on an unknown enemy. That, coupled with the fact that he snipes makes him an amazing addition to any team that isn't sniper heavy, which the tokyo gantz team most certainly is not.

Sei was a good fighter and definitely has earned a spot on my ideal gantz team. Going one-on-one with the likes of 1karms and not abusing the suits superhuman powers to do it isn't something that has really been equaled since then (In terms of her actually dodging the attacks of her opponent like a martial artist would. Had she had even one of the more difficult missions under her belt, she would have known to keep pummeling the alien until you'r damn sure that its dead, and has been dead for a while. ) Granted she's not the best, and the karate master from the same mission would be an even greater asset than she would be, but she's still an overall solid member. But, from a strategic standpoint, she's just more of the same on an already melee-heavy tokyo team.

Izumi is a little bit of a special case in that he's very versatile, which makes him dead useful for sure. Not hesitating to go invis against the opponent is pretty slick too, not sure why they don't just stay perma invis all the time. Despite his versatility and many strengths, though, he's still mostly a melee-type, meaning he's still more of the same.

It's all about having many people with many skills. SWAT teams aren't made up entirely of people that bash down the doors, there is ALWAYS someone who knows a little something (Or likely is amazing at) about sniping, demolitions, etc etc.

It's no contest, the sniper guy is easily the best choice.

ryakugo
January 19, 2009, 12:10 PM
id say izumi. he provokes kurono to out-do him and it would be bad news for the aliens once they started getting reckless because they have both unmatched skills as seen in the oni mission.

kaliayev
January 20, 2009, 05:32 PM
I love how the thread differentiation through the title is ultimately moot. Those who generally based their answers on strategy answered in the same way they did in the related thread, while those who answered based on emotional or physical attachments in the previous thread also repeated themselves. That being said, my answer obviously remains the same (if you want to know, you're gonna have to read old thread, which, for some reason, was "reimagined" in this one)

JediKnight
January 31, 2009, 05:21 PM
I hate Izumo but I would have to revive him. He was the strongest member,
even the vampires were nervous about fighting him. Sei she was the best female Gantz hunter and still is. The Sniper was cool, always gotta have a
long range fighter. But nobody said Teacher, he was cool and an esper
as well. But those are the 4 i would revive.

Amigo!
January 31, 2009, 11:36 PM
hey could u revive yourself and get like a bonus life??? gantz needs to be a little more specific with its rules.

JediKnight
February 02, 2009, 06:22 PM
I doubt you could revive yourself, that would be impossible do.

Amigo!
February 03, 2009, 06:51 AM
hey nothing is impossible in the world of manga thats why its fantasy

gantz8213
February 11, 2009, 10:23 PM
i would go with the sniper as first candidate...obvious choice, when you have someone who killed the most aliens in their first mission and not wearing a gantz suit and actually test the guns, and actually have experience in combat, and a bunch more stuff he is the no brainier...

2nd choice is Kurono if he ever dies again, just because he gives morale, decent strategies (sort of...) has the strongest will to survive out of the whole cast, come on in the 2nd mission, when they were fighting the giant chickens... i mean suzuki aliens, he not only didn't ware a suit, he killed the most and got the boss because he was tired of being the loser...that's talent...he IS a close range fighter but he shows skill in the ways of being able to change that...

Dream Focus
February 15, 2009, 11:16 AM
I would like to remind everyone how Togo the sniper died in the manga. After being unable to kill the boss by sniping it, he decided to go down there, and try to break its neck with his bare hands. He gets points for having enough sense to shoot from a distance, but honestly now, that doesn't make him brilliant, it just means he isn't as stupid as the rest. Or actually, his final attack against an alien statue with his bare hands, shows he is in fact perhaps the dumbest one of them all.

Notice how surprised he looked when he was unable to snap the neck of a stone statue with his bare hands? What was he thinking?

GAT-X252
February 15, 2009, 01:06 PM
Plot wise, if Togo used the snipe once more, the Kannon would had been killed really easy now that it didn't had the disks that allowed him to regenerate.

But at least Oku allowed Togo to use the snipe, TT just used it again in this last mission when they could get the missions done more easily if they used all the time...but again...a mission of the hunters hiding in buildings and shooting wouldn't be a little bit too boring?

gantz8213
February 15, 2009, 04:09 PM
I would like to remind everyone how Togo the sniper died in the manga. After being unable to kill the boss by sniping it, he decided to go down there, and try to break its neck with his bare hands. He gets points for having enough sense to shoot from a distance, but honestly now, that doesn't make him brilliant, it just means he isn't as stupid as the rest. Or actually, his final attack against an alien statue with his bare hands, shows he is in fact perhaps the dumbest one of them all.

Notice how surprised he looked when he was unable to snap the neck of a stone statue with his bare hands? What was he thinking?

i just re-read the chapter that you were talking about, and he doesn't try to break it's neck...he hides from it and does a sneak attack against the 1000 arm...he was the first, and maybe only i think, to use the aliens weapons against them, besides kurono using the horseman's axe...he hid in the body of the smallish giant alien, did a sneak attack on it, when stabbing it in the stomach didn't kill it he tried to knock it out by chocking it...which surprisingly seemed to work till it used the laser to dislodge him...this just shows how much experience he has in fighting...because no other gantzer has tried submission on a alien...but i guess this could be stupidity...

also it would be boring if the gantz teams were fightig long range, but if they only had like 1 or 2 snipers then we would see how the sniping affects the battle while watching kurono fighting hand to hand or at least mid-range... not to mention i can't help but think of Kurono's stupidity in forgetting how effective sniping was....

Dream Focus
February 15, 2009, 11:18 PM
Yeah, that would be rather boring fast.

Just like if everyone went stealth like Nishi, and just snuck up on things, and shot them from behind with a Y gun.

Or hacked into Gantz by putting magnets on his head, and then got everyone a giant robot to play around with, plus their own personal copy of Reika, Sei, and Kishimoto to play with. Actually the last part would be pretty cool.

gantz8213
February 16, 2009, 04:28 PM
plus their own personal copy of Reika, Sei, and Kishimoto to play with. Actually the last part would be pretty cool
what part of that wouldn't be cool...but i would have to have gantz alter there memory so they think im katou (for kishimoto) and kurono (for the other two...)....

Yes anything that made the humans so kick ass they can kill a boss in 5 seconds would be boring, unless they got so confident and were wiped out...

JediKnight
February 16, 2009, 06:19 PM
It's a no brainer Izumi and teacher. I know teacher sais don't bring him,
this war lives are on line. We need teachers esp powers. Izumi is by the strongest Tokyo Gantzer. And if he was in Osaka, the Osaka Gantzer
would have much respect for him.

Renan
February 17, 2009, 09:15 PM
I would revive Kurono or Katou and then we'll be best rez buddies 4 life.

gantz8213
February 17, 2009, 10:34 PM
lol of course i would rez Kurono but he isn't dead anymore..

Renan
February 18, 2009, 06:56 PM
But, would Kurono revive you?