PDA

View Full Version : Complete Journey to the End of the World by Nishioka Kyoudai (v01)

cassaruby
January 14, 2009, 02:12 PM
Nishioka Kyodai wrote Konoyo no Owari e no Tabi (Journey to the End of the World). It's never been completely translated into english.

I think it's the most amazing cartoon I ever read. Very strange, not exactly manga.. more like art. Anyone know much about it? it's very mysterious as far as I see. Even in Japan it seems rare.

The story is so out there. It's about life and how confusing, strange and amazing it is. Sometimes it's crude, it can also be beautiful, sick, truthful, interesting, and can even make you grow up alittle.

Gantz made me feel something in that realm too for afew pages, but this one carries the vibe the whole way. I wish I could finish it though.

My picture/avatar is the beginning of the story.

Imitorar
January 14, 2009, 02:31 PM
Well first of all, this is a seinen if anything, so the thread's in the wrong forum. Someone oughta move it...

Secondly, I thought I was the only one who'd ever read this manga, and now I find out that somebody else actually knows of it. I read The Journey to the End of the World about 2 years ago, and I loved it. It was an amazingly created, fascinating allegory for life, and I found it riveting. I'd love to read the last three chapters and the author's note at the end (I believe that's what was left unscanlated), but the groups who originally did it (Mangascreener and Band of the Hawks) don't seem interested in continuing it, or perhaps they've met with delays. Either way, it seems as if this series will forever remain in limbo if somebody doesn't take it upon themselves to finish it. Sadly, I have basically no scanlation skills...

cassaruby
January 14, 2009, 02:41 PM
haha, I bet everyone who reads it feels like the only one to know about.

Things like shoe laces getting all tied up and weird and walls around the city make me laugh. So many little things in life we take so seriously. I still keep this (unrelated to the manga) painting in my room that I've had since a child with a clown that says, life's too mysterious, don't take it serious. Reminds me of this. Born in this crazy world to go in circles as far as eyes can see.