PDA

View Full Version : Misc Attempt My first clean, opinions?

Ace_Of_Spades
January 15, 2009, 01:00 AM
this was my first try at cleaning a page, i used a to love-ru cover because it was an easy raw i found, i don't know how well i did.

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3936/1364593toloveruch12203ajf8.th.jpg (http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1364593toloveruch12203ajf8.jpg)

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1568/1364593toloveruch12203awt0.th.jpg (http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1364593toloveruch12203awt0.jpg)

hatsuharupeace
January 15, 2009, 01:12 AM
Way too denoized, assuming you denoized right?

Blacks needed to be burned more, especially in her skirt.

wade69
January 15, 2009, 02:55 AM
Your suppose to set diffuse to multiply when you use that filter.

Ace_Of_Spades
January 15, 2009, 05:11 PM
thanks for the advice, i'll try burning the blacks more

Esc.
January 17, 2009, 01:46 AM
Oh wow, the patterns are dead. lol

Nice! Again, just a matter of filling blacks a bit more. Denoisers always makes the pic blurry to me, but I guess it's just faster.

Overall is good. Whites are perfectly level as well. :amuse

Obxist
January 20, 2009, 07:32 PM
okay... just simple knowledge... denoising.. is a technique that you use for high res RAW.. so if you use a small raw be sure to set it so its not producing excessive denoising... and RAWs like that would be enough without denoising :)

but you could make it HQ enough if you could raise the leveling, especially for the white to make all the shadows from denoise gone (or better if you clean it by yourself),.. darken a bit and then redraw the tone.

Aladar
January 29, 2009, 07:59 PM
Way too denoized, assuming you denoized right?

Blacks needed to be burned more, especially in her skirt.

Why would he need to *burn* it?
There isn't even that much noise on the page, he should just brush it over. Burning = fail.

hatsuharupeace
January 29, 2009, 08:51 PM
Burning, brushing, each to their own individual preference. I prefer burning, so yeah.

wade69
January 29, 2009, 09:01 PM
Why would he need to *burn* it?
There isn't even that much noise on the page, he should just brush it over. Burning = fail.

Burning = win.... Its 10x faster to burn than to brush and if its just going over the blacks and the whites it doesn't really matter.

hatsuharupeace
January 29, 2009, 09:04 PM
Just as long as you take care not to burn over the grays... That might be why Aladar prefers brushing to burning.

wade69
January 30, 2009, 03:11 PM
Why? Because some of us actually know how to clean? Burning is easy and its also easy to not destroy the grays when your using that tool.

Xiphias
January 30, 2009, 03:53 PM
Why?

>_>
Releasing massive amounts of LQ.

DrPepperPro
January 30, 2009, 03:53 PM
Brush and burn... It's not like you can't use both.

wade69
January 30, 2009, 05:05 PM
>_>
Releasing massive amounts of LQ.
Meh I don't release LQ stuff.

Brush and burn... It's not like you can't use both.

I use both but most of the time I use the burn tool.

Aladar
February 02, 2009, 12:29 PM
Meh I don't release LQ stuff.

I use both but most of the time I use the burn tool.

Yet again, I need to repeat this.

>Mahou-X
>I don't release LQ stuff.,

This post is contradicting itself.

eni
February 02, 2009, 02:19 PM
Sssh, keep the offtopic to a private discussion. The thread starter didn't ask for opinions on other groups :notrust

If you prefer one method over the other better explain why or else nobody will understand you and listen to your advise. Simple basics.

wade69
February 02, 2009, 04:00 PM
Yet again, I need to repeat this.

>Mahou-X
>I don't release LQ stuff.,

This post is contradicting itself.

No its not you idiot... There are actually some of us that are in that group that know how to scanlate thank you very much. You obviously have not seen what my scanlations look like if your just going to attack my group. Than again I could say the exact same thing about your group as you said about mine.

Since you think just using the brush tool is soo good I will tell you why its not. First off its super slow to use, second if you get near a fine little area where a burn brush is obviously better you can screw up the whites or the grays in that area, and another reason not to use it all the time is simple you can accidentally brush out of the black margin without realizing it. Though there are some good things about it to, you can use it to get rid of the large amount of dust that that is near the center of the blacks and try and get as close to the edges as possible and than take out the burn tool that's a good combination.

Now the burn tool is a very good tool to use, but at times it can also be tricky to. Yes it can destroy the grays when your burning but that depends on how you precleaned the page before hand with a denoising tool or something. Or if the page is of a lower resolution which can cause the lines to loose there AA and look sharp. But if you clean the page right at a high resolution and the denoising isn't so much than yes its a very good tool to use.

But the best tool to use but also the most time consuming out of all of these would be the pen tool and you should know why its so good to use for cleaning up the blacks and anything else need to be cleaned.